Speaker 1: News Radio seven hundred WLW Mike Gallon and Saturday midday, A cold Saturday morning.
Speaker 2: I'm used to this.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I know I did eight too much. Maybe he had a few German waters, but hey, I wasn't driving, so who cares. But on a serious note, a sad, sad day on Wednesday of this week, of course, that was the day that two West Virginia National Guard members. One, interestingly enough, was an Airman Air Force member, that's Air Force staff Sergeant Andrew Wolfe, apparently attached to this National Guard unit West Virginia, and the decedent, the young lady, passed away and Sergeant wolf is fighting for his life and so far, so good, but apparently it's very serious with him. The young lady, twenty years old Army specialist, Sarah Beckstrom. She died from her injuries on Thursday. Her father was on TV yesterday and obviously it's just indescribable the grief that a father would have about that. So we're keeping our hearts open and our prayers going for Steph Sergeant wolf and hopefully he pulls through. But you know, so many of these things they're avoidable or should have been avoidable. This didn't need to happen. It just didn't need to happen. And I'm sorry, once again, thank you Biden administration. This young lady, this twenty year old who, by the way, one of the stories I saw said that she said, hey, look, I'm twenty, I'm single. I will go in somebody's place because the other person probably has a family.
Speaker 2: That's kind of person this young lady was.
Speaker 1: But again, Biden administration didn't need to happen. It happened because of the gross negligence of said Biden administration.
Speaker 2: We all remember it.
Speaker 1: I watched it with just utter shock and horror that pull out from Afghanistan that the whole world saw. And you know what, it's kind of funny after that, that's when other countries started challenging us. They let all these people in. I don't know, you hear any number of different numbers. Thousands. I heard one twenty thousand Afghan nationals were let in, supposedly because they thought they would be under some kind of fear or death sentence in the new administration.
Speaker 2: So we let them in.
Speaker 1: We let them in, and I get it if they truly helped Americans truly, then I think we do have an obligation to let them in, provided we can properly document them and screen them first.
Speaker 2: Well that didn't happen. They were not vetted.
Speaker 1: This guy and I'm gonna mispronounce his name, but I couldn't care less.
Speaker 2: They don't like these people.
Speaker 1: Ramadulla Lochandhal twenty nine years of age, and you know, looking for a motive, and I've been following the news on that as far as a motive goes. One of the soldiers, I don't know if it was a deceased one or before he died or she died, I'm sorry, or staff sergeant Wolf, but one of them reported that upon shooting and in the process of this, this piece of garbage, this piece of human filth uttered akbar. So you know what, if you're looking for a motive, just stop there. You don't have to go any further at all. And once again, completely completely and totally avoidable.
Speaker 2: If we see this over and over and over again.
Speaker 1: And you know the thing about Biden, which is just it's still mind boggling. There are people, notably tops on the hit Parade doctor Jill, who thought that this man could serve another four years in office. That's the true scandal of the whole thing. You know, she got all wrapped up in the trappings of being first lady is Come on, Joe, you can do it for another four years while the country continued to suffer. Thank god, thank god, thank god, that did not happen.
Speaker 2: That didn't happen.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I'm sure you've seen on Fox retired special agent FBI special agent Nicole Parker. She has been all over this stuff as far as the lack of vetting and that type of thing. She told Fox News Digital that the screening process during the Rush twenty twenty one withdrawal was essentially, and I'm quoting her here, a free for all, and that's probably being charitable.
Speaker 2: Story goes on.
Speaker 1: Tens of thousands of Afghans were evacuated to the US in the wake of the withdrawal and subsequent Taliban takeover of the country. The chaotic nature of the operation raised concerns at the time for Republicans, again, Republicans being the ones that were not asleep at the switch, and official and in official reports that some evacuees were not properly vetted and could could and that could have catastrophic consequences.
Speaker 2: Do you think well, anyway?
Speaker 1: Retired Special Agent Parker went on to say, they said it's a ticking time bomb waiting to explode because we've just allowed all these people into our country. You know again, you think well? Josh Hawley, as usual, was all over it. He revealed that a whistleblower said three hundred and twenty four individuals had entered the country with what they're referring to as derogatory information. Can't be good, obviously, While a twenty twenty two report by the Department of Homeland Securities Office of the IG Inspector General separately found the Department failed to properly that evacuees entering the US creating a potential national security risk. Do you think I mean, it doesn't take Einstein to figure out that that would be a problem.
Speaker 2: I'll say it again.
Speaker 1: If these people truly have the United States of America to their detriment, putting them at risk of payback from the Taliban, we should have helped them. But by God, we should have vetted them too, And apparently literally no or very little vetting took place. Well again, retired Specially Agent Parker goes on to say there were individuals, there were individuals that were not being recommended to come to the United States, yet they were being overridden by the Biden State Department. Initially it was a free for all and no one was being vetted.
Speaker 2: It's just to see this stuff.
Speaker 1: It still makes me sick and it brings me back watching that that bungled pull out. In addition to the lives that were lost, and I think it was at the time at least eighteen American service members were killed during that thing. Million not millions, billions of dollars worth of military equipment left behind, hum v's weapons, helicopters, even and you know the thing of it is, people are well, Mike, Donald Trump said he was going to pull out too, and he did, and he did. But by god, I know for a fact that there is no way that that pullout would have came like it did under Biden if it would have been Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a.
Speaker 1: Guy by the name of Jason Pack. He's the chief executive officer at an outfit called Media Rep Global Strategies. It's a PR and crisis communications firm. He told Fox News that it was a massive humanitarian operation true attempted I guess humanitarian operation, but it also carried unavoidable risks. Well, you know what, I'm sorry, I respectfully disagree with mister Pack.
Speaker 2: It was not unavoidable. It was not.
Speaker 1: I mean, the guiding stars should have been Hey, if you ain't vetted properly, you're not getting in.
Speaker 2: You're just not going to get in and send him to another country.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's some that would have taken them, you know, the whole thing again, just completely and totally avoidable. President Trump yesterday, i think it was yesterday, maybe the day before yesterday, was talking to reporters about this and they're grilling them about, you know, where they vetted this, that and the other.
Speaker 2: President Trump, God love him.
Speaker 1: If a reporter asks him a question that he think is either unfair or frankly stupid, he tells them and that happened. I want to listen to this because it makes me happy. Could you play it please?
Speaker 4: Your dj IG just reported this year that there was thorough.
Speaker 5: Vetting by DHS and by the FBI of these Afghans who were brought into the US.
Speaker 6: So why do you blame the Fighten Advisory because they let them in? Are you stupid? Are you a stupid person? Because they came in on a plane along with thousands of other people that shouldn't be here, and you're just asking questions because you're a stupid person. And there's a law passed that it's almost impossible not to get them out.
Speaker 2: You can't get them out once they come in.
Speaker 6: And they came in and they were unvetted, they were unchecked. There were many of them, and they came in on big planes and it was disgraceful. And if you look, you'll see there was a law pass it makes it almost impossible not to let them in, not to certify them, so to speak, once they come in, and they came in and they shouldn't have come in, and frankly, the whole thing was a mess. The whole Afghanistan situation was a mess. We shouldn't it should have never taken place. If we're going to go out, and we would have gone out because I had everybody ready. We were going to go out with strength and dignity and precision, and we would have left from Bagram, and we would have kept Bogram, by the way, because of its very close relationship to China and where they make their missiles. But when you let the people come in by the thousands and thousands and thousands, they made a terrible.
Speaker 2: Mistake, but they weren't competent.
Speaker 1: There you go, I mean, crammed into what about a minute and a half. It says it all. They were incompetent. You let thousands and thousands and thousands of people in, things like this are going to happen. And once again, thank you very much. Joe Biden, his administration and he were more concerned about making sure we don't violate what they considered the rights of people who were not American citizens, and American citizens be damned, we don't care about you. We're more interested in protecting those people. And in the overwhelming majority of cases, some say twenty million people that just they trespassed into our country. This one's a little bit different. But thank you Donald Trump for recognizing, by the way, that was a CBS News reporter asking a stupid question. And he is correct, and I love it, and I know a lot of other people do when he calls them stupid to their face. You know, gone are the days when you know, Dan Rather stands up and says something, and you know everybody towers in fear. Oh, we can't challenge him, We can't challenge CBS News. Well, guess what, those days thank you under President Trump are gone. Just a little bit more on this thing. This gunman, the guy that I talked about. I'm not going to repeat his name. And now, by the way, they're seeking the death penalty against him, and Afghan national officials say he drove all the way across the country, apparently from Washington State. I think it was to carry out his attack. He was possibly motivated by Islamic extremism, you think. Give it reports that one of the soldiers who helped take him down, as I said, heard this piece of dung yelling Allah achbar during the attack. You know, if anyone says anything after that, gee, I wonder what his motives were there? You go too, filthy, disgusting, degenerate words that those people utter when they are doing something harmful and hurtful and deadly to citizens and soldiers of the United States of America. But of course, the whole thing not Biden's fault. No, it's Donald Trump's fault.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: I'm reading from a great article in City Journal that came out yesterday.
Speaker 2: Trump's fault.
Speaker 1: Of course, while the attack itself could not have been speci predicted, some of the commentary in its wake has been politically predictable, you think. Jane Mayer, a vocal Trump critic, took to x to blame the President for the tragedy. She wrote that guard members, and I'm quoting here, I may get sick, but I'm gonna quote it. Guard members quote had virtually nothing to do but pick up trash. That the Guard's presence in d C was quote for political show. That Beckstrom and Wolf, those are the two service members should never have been deployed. They weren't needed there. I guess that's the gist of it, or at least part of it. Well, you know what, you know what, miss Mayor, why don't you talk to d C Mayor Bowser?
Speaker 2: Why don't you talk to her?
Speaker 1: Because she and I give her credit for this, I didn't expect it. She praised Trump for doing that in DC, for driving murder down in that city, Washington, d C. So maybe ought to talk to her, a liberal Democrat who had the courage to praise the president for his efforts. One more on this thing going on in the City Journal article again Trump's fault.
Speaker 2: Echoing Jane Mayer. We just heard from her on PBS.
Speaker 1: Former Obama administration official Juliet Cayam criticized the president's decision to employ guardsmen in DC, which she said left them with an unclear mission that the soldiers service members.
Speaker 2: That quote made them vulnerable.
Speaker 1: In its coverage of the shoote the shooting, the New York Times ended a reported piece with a quote from a West Virginia resident who blamed the president, stating that the guardsmen quote should shouldn't have been there in the first place. Well, I'll tell you what that person that said that, you know, might make the same claim about the discussing piece of dung that killed the soldiers. But yeah, apparently the New York Times couldn't find anyone saying so for its coverage, which I think the author of this, Rafael mang mangu Wow said.
Speaker 2: That tongue in cheek.
Speaker 1: And there's just so much more on this, and we will be talking about it throughout the morning. But again, a sad day for the United States of America. And one more time, thank you Joe Biden. Hey, we got to take a break, but we get back. I want to hear from you seven four nine, seven thousand, one eight hundred. The big one are the numbers, Mike Allen Saturday midday as their approven cleuding process uses no soaps, detergents, or ours chemicals, so there's no residue Day midday. Got some collars here want to be a part of it, and we will get to them. And just a second here a couple of things, just kind of clean up from the from the rant talked about DC Mayor Muriel Bowser praising President Trump for putting those National Guard troops there. This is from Congress dot gov. It is dated August twenty seventh, twenty twenty five. Headline reads DC Mayor Muriel Bowser praises Donald Trump's police takeover. Sub headline the city's democratic mayor has maintained an unusual working relationship with the Republican president. Okay, here's what Mayor Bowser said, and I'm quoting. We greatly appreciate the surge of officers that enhance what MPD and that must mean Municipal Police Department anyways, the DC Police, what MPD has been able to do in this city.
Speaker 2: She said that at a press conference.
Speaker 1: She goes on to say the difference being this twenty day period of the federal this federal sur and this year and last year represents an eighty seven percent reduction in carjackings. So for those of you that want to blame Trump for this and say those guards men and women had no business being there, I would just refer you back to liberal But I think kind of gutsy mayor bowser, if you want to say that. So, I mean, but it is typical though that they would turn around and blame it on Trump when.
Speaker 2: All else fails. You know what, that's what you do.
Speaker 1: One more thing before the calls, I was talking about the article that I found in the City Journal by raphael A. Manguel. I don't know anything about him, but buddy, he's right on this one. Just let me read a couple of sentences here. Okay, this is what mister Manguel says is it's not clear how the presidents to say decision and he's referring to the decision to put the troops on National Guard in Washington, d C. It's not clear how the president's decision created the conditions for a deranged Afghan national to leave behind a wife and five children drive approximately twenty five hundred miles with a handgun and attack soldiers in DC. But the argument sounds an awful lot like victim blaming if, in fact, a foreign national carrying out an attack in the name of Islam was a predictable consequence of the president's decision to deploy the National Guard to fortify the streets of Washington, d C. Which, again, I would point out the mayor was for against the crime plague. And here's the dinger here. Then this country has a much bigger problem. Well put, well, put, mister mangwell, all right, let's hit the phones.
Speaker 2: Let's talk to Fred.
Speaker 1: He's down in Saint Petersburg, Florida, which would be a nice place to be about.
Speaker 4: Now. How you doing, Fred, I'm doing fine.
Speaker 7: The weather is really good. You know, you said there's no reason to talk about the motive of this guy. He's just a maniac. But at some point our country vetted that guy and he was on our side, and you know I came.
Speaker 1: Over Hang on, right, I just want to make sure you're you're absolutely right. I did say that, but what I meant was somewhat tongue in cheek, but not really. When you hear a guy yell a la op bar while he's killing Americans. I think you know what his GD motive is. I'm sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 7: Though, absolutely, but nobody does anything for just one reason. His family may have been threatened. There was bad guys coming on that plane with him, and those bad guys know he was on our side at that time. So they're not going to let that guy, uh, you know, get away with that. They're they're sneaking around our country right now, those bad guys looking for those guys that were on our side. And if we don't look at it that way, you know, we should protect those guy's families.
Speaker 8: Are that man?
Speaker 1: And I said that in the rent. I couldn't agree with you more. But I mean, this is a guy. Something happened to him, something turned him. Because I take what you're saying, you say it, I believe it that the dude really was helping.
Speaker 2: But man, you just wonder what happened to him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, he probably expected to die when he did this. There is a lot worse things he could have done. I mean, you know, for Bacca or whatever he said, there's a lot worse things he could.
Speaker 4: Have done well like that, I mean, except hell, he could.
Speaker 7: Have bombed up a building or something.
Speaker 2: Well, I get that what he did is enough.
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely, there's no doubt about that. But I bet you his family was threatened and he said, well, okay, I'll do this if you leave my family alone. And he let it at that, and I just in the back of my mind, I think there's more to this, and we probably won't hear about it because they can't let it out. If they let it out, then you know, the family will go kill the family. Yeah, if this guy talks, If this guy talks and it gets out of the bag that he's talked, then those bad guys are going to go after the families of these guys that were on our side.
Speaker 2: I understand.
Speaker 7: Can't believe our government's I can't believe our governments not protecting their families more than they are. I just can't believe this.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what to do, and you make good points, Fred, you do.
Speaker 1: But the thing of it is, if Joe Biden and the Biden administration were going to let that many people.
Speaker 2: In and I get it, you know, it was like.
Speaker 1: When we withdrew from Vietnam, which was an orderly withdrawal compared to this thing. I think the United States of America I know because I've read about it, made a real effort, in a pretty successful effort, to protect those people that helped us, those that were able to get out, and we should do it.
Speaker 2: Look, by god, what twenty twenty one? Where are we? Almost twenty twenty six? That could have been done, They could have been.
Speaker 7: You know, the news is the saying Biden did this. You know, you know, Biden didn't know what the hell was going on.
Speaker 9: He didn't The people.
Speaker 7: Behind him were running the country. They did this, and they knew what they were doing. Remember what Obama said, We're gonna fundamentally change this country. Yeah, and they've been two hundred ever since then.
Speaker 1: All right, Fred, thanks for the cost. Okay, thank you. Hey, enjoy that weather. Yeah, he's down there in Saint Petersburg. Man, I'm jealous. Okay, let's see, let's see. Let's talk to Dale in Waynesville. Hey, good morning, Dale, what you got for us?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: How you doing? I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 4: But good good? Great? Uh, well, you know a couple of things.
Speaker 10: Uh, you know, the guy was right about Biden. You know, I've never never liked Joe even way back in his past. Uh he was just super strange. But towards the end, I kind of felt sorry for Joe because he didn't even know what he had for breakfast this morning, you know, And and you know things like that. Uh so, you know, And and this guy, like we say, drill clear across the country, why when he when he had National guardsmen to shoot at practically next.
Speaker 2: Door's good point.
Speaker 10: I don't know if anybody anybody ever thought about that or not.
Speaker 1: That's a good point. I mean, he was motivated somehow. In my previous call, I respect what he said, and I agree with a lot of it, but you know, my god, you just can't explain this away.
Speaker 10: No, no, there's no explanation for this except for the evilness of of this guy's motivation.
Speaker 2: Of those people. I'm not of those people.
Speaker 1: I do not like them, and I don't think I ever will.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 10: That's true in my in my honest opinion, all right, I think that there should be a point of view where that what happened to these these kids who were just doing their job.
Speaker 4: Uh and and and this guy.
Speaker 10: Shot there's there should be volunteers from his gardens, his fellow guardsmen, to go in there, and and you know you could, you could get as many as you wanted, probably take about ten of them, and and you know, it was just you know, that's my opinion.
Speaker 4: It should be.
Speaker 10: This should be stopped, and it should be uh should be stopped something it could be.
Speaker 2: Something needs to be done.
Speaker 11: Dale.
Speaker 1: Hey, I appreciate the call. I got a bunch to get to though. Thank you. You know, I mean, I understand what he's saying. I understand the frustration. I share in the frustration these people. They're the two guardsmen, men and women. You know, they were doing their job. They were doing what they signed up to do. And to say that, well, you know, they never should have been there in the first place. Well, you know, number one, contrary to what those six Democrats this week said about ignoring orders, they were ordered to be there by the President of the United States, and it is specifically cited, it's either in a statute or in the oath that they shall obey those orders. But you know, I guess that's a different situation here. I don't know. Hey, let's talk to our friend Bobby J. Hey, Bobby J. What's up?
Speaker 4: My brother?
Speaker 9: A simple thank you can't express our true feelings of appreciation. You keep holding that torture freedom buy and bright my well, thank you. I don't have a crystal ball out, but we've all been in different things in our country.
Speaker 4: But this individual, you have to look at it.
Speaker 9: That person has the will, the desire, and the means they're going to pretty much so complete their task. And all you can do is try to critique their actions after their operations. And you know that being in the military. Yep. If you look at the Department of Justice and what they looked into, this is called neoistic violence extremism. Right now, we're having a cultural revolution where you are groups you know, I mean they just went ahead and had the Islamic Brotherhood. You know, they're a terrorist organization.
Speaker 1: Now, well, Bobby, Bobby, but whatever you do, whatever you do, don't criticize them. You know, you might be called an islamophobe. Of course I say that tongue in cheek.
Speaker 9: My friend. You could call me anything you want to, because it's just not a patterned distraction. Now, people need to be resilience. You know, resilience is being traded for comfort. People need to understand that that this is just an isolated incident, but expected to come a lot more.
Speaker 2: There's no question about it.
Speaker 1: No, And you know what, if Joe Biden were still in office, God forbid, Bobby, I mean, we would be seeing a lot more of this stuff.
Speaker 2: I believe I do too, my friend.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 9: But I appreciate you taking my call, and I know you've got a lot of little callers. I just want everybody to be resilient, and I always think it could be at your doorstep at any more.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, absolutely, thank you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the all right, all right, you know what, And he's right too, it could be any one of us. I have a daughter in the service in the army, so many other people do, and it could be them. It could be them. And he's right about that. Hey, we've got time for one more. Let's talk to Joe in Lexington. I got a couple of minutes.
Speaker 2: Here, Joe. What you got.
Speaker 3: Hey, Mike, Uh, you know, I just want to say I like to take the fingerprints off Biden.
Speaker 4: That narrative of Biden.
Speaker 3: I wish we'd just say Obama because it lays solely on Obama and and uh, you know, uh, the only thing I could say is, uh, he changed the whole culture. And you don't see Christians going around killing people, no, like like like Islam. And if you know, and if Christians get together, Conservatives get together anything, and they raise any kind of focus and awareness about what's going on.
Speaker 4: We're labeled radical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, radical, you are so right, you are so And guess what if they do it to me, which they've done, I'm gonna wear it as a badge of honor.
Speaker 2: I don't care. I don't care.
Speaker 3: Well well, yeah, And one thing that really ticks me off about Islam as being woke up when I go to Nairobi, but five o'clock born in prayer, I can't even get sleep.
Speaker 4: It's like an automatic, you know, alarm clock. You know, they do it all loud speakers of the prayers.
Speaker 3: But you know, just like Grisha. You know those children have got killed in Kenya, you know about twelve fifteen years ago, butchered.
Speaker 4: And I mean the list goes on and on. We're on time for that.
Speaker 3: But all I'm saying is Obama's getting a free pass. Sure, we talk about it, and we know the autopan, but it's totally, totally, totally Obama has had twelve years in the presidency twelve years.
Speaker 1: It's a good point. I gotta let you go, Joe. Yeah, thanks for the God, it's a very good point. And a lot of people, a lot of people feel that way, you know. And the relationship between those two, Obama and Biden apparently has gone way way south.
Speaker 2: And I get the distinct impression. And others have.
Speaker 1: Said too that that Biden was envious of Obama, and you know, I think that comes through loud and clear. But the thing of it is, and I have to get out of here in a second to think that there were people that thought that that man could be the president of the United States into the year twenty twenty nine. They need to have their head examined. Can you imagine as bad as Kamala would have been? I mean, you know, well, and I'm pretty sure she probably would have ended up being president. He wouldn't have made it through his second term, God forbid he got one.
Speaker 2: At any rate.
Speaker 1: Hey, we do have to take a break for the news, but when we come back, we're gonna switch gears a little bit cheap. Tita saph Thigi of this sincey police Department. In my humble opinion, a lot of other people was made the scapegoat for the crime problem in this city during the election season, and have a family member from the Neville family, the premiere law enforcement family in this community, wrote a great op ed this week in The Inquirer. We're going to talk to that person. We get back Mike Allen, Saturday Midday News Radio seven hundred WLW. Mike Allen with our two of the Saturday midday program. Well, you know what, you see a pattern a lot during the silly season. Election time issues come up and they're red hot during the election season, but then when the election is held, sometimes they go away. Well, this is one that is not going to go away, and I'll do my level best to make sure that it doesn't. And I know a lot of other people think that as well. Talking of course about Cincinnati Police Chief Thiji being the scapegoat for the crime problems downtown. She's now on administrative leave. Why nobody seems to know She's got a strong, strong family. As I said before, the Neville family is in my opinion, at least, the premiere law enforcement family in this area. But a member of that family, Rob Neville, who is not a member of law enforcement, wrote this week a great op ed piece basically headlined police chief Fiji wasn't the problem, but city Hall made her one. And boy, I'll tell you what, that nails it right there talking about Rob Neville.
Speaker 2: Rob, thanks so much for calling in this morning. Are you there.
Speaker 11: That's nice to be here with you.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hey, you know what great op ed, Rob, And I mean that kind of walk us through.
Speaker 2: What you said in the op ed.
Speaker 1: You got a great timeline and then follow it up with some really good and relevant points about what's going on in this city with respect to crime. So I'm gonna turn it over for you to you for the time being, just kind of lay it out for us.
Speaker 11: Yeah, sort of thing. So I think, you know, I do sort of have a unique perspective on this because you know, like you said, I'm not somebody that's in law enforcement. You know, my background is more finance.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm a parent.
Speaker 11: And you know, I'm a downtown professional. My fiance has a business downtown. I have some friends that have businesses and outr you know, so for me, crime is obviously that is something that is important because you know, you talk to business owners and you know obviously that impacts the business and then I never really dove too deep into it. I try, you know, I try not to get too deep into politic just because you know, it's just not my thing necessarily, So I tried to, you know, I focus more on different different things in life, like you know, sports and things like that. But then, you know, once Terry was put on administrative lead by the city manager, you know, I really started to dig into it. I'm like, okay, I need to understand it's like what is going on here? And then it really blew me away, like it really did. It like struck me to the core when I started digging into it.
Speaker 4: And like you said, like the pattern.
Speaker 11: The pattern to me just was so clear of like the amount of people that had prior offenses that were committing violent crimes. And you know, I went through it in the op ed like Kyle Merrick, he was he was he was fatally shot by fifteen year old with sixteen charges. Laura Schuler was murdered by a man out on bond for aggravated roberty cut off his ankle monitor And then I think a lot of people in Cincinnati are familiar with the Army veteran Patrick Herringer, who was stabbed to death by a parole league who had cut off the anchor monitor. And then really the one I think that really shocked me to the core was when I read about Shaquille Ferguson. And Shaquille Ferguson was the person who allegedly, you know, shot at somebody getting downtown on Fountain Square and then you read about it and so you get into it and he was actually on parole and he had pistol with somebody, knocked the guy's teeth out and served zero jail time. And not just that the guy that he knocked the teeth out of was actually trying to stop him and his friends from kicking an elderly woman on a metro bus. And it's like you just like you read all of that and you're just like wait, wait, what, like is that even possible?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 11: You know, I'm not somebody that digs into like the crime, and you read that and it just shocks you.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, rob let me, let me, let me do this. We are pressed for time, but we got plenty of time as now. But you end that timeline with I mean, it's amazing. I'm just going to read it as I write this seven individuals charged with murder are free on bond in our city. Then you go into an excellent summation, especially for someone who's not law enforcement.
Speaker 2: Of how the system fails.
Speaker 1: Could you kind of pick it up at that point, especially with respect to judicial unaccountability.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And I think I think the thing that really came through from me too is like what brought me to all of this was my aunt being placed on leave, right like a hold on. My aunt was trying to bring these people together, like she identified this this year. That's what blew me away, and that's what to me, it almost felt like she was putting pressure on people and trying to get the judges involved in, you know, because ultimately they're the ones who are setting these bonds and you know, determining whether or not somebody can walk the streets again. And she was trying to she identified this pattern, you know, like this is something that she obviously is very close to. She saw this, she tried to bring together all the all the leaders, you know, like the Police Chiefs Association and some of the other leaders that are you know, crime is. You got to think of it as like a timeline, and there's a lot of parts to it. So she's trying to bring everybody together to say, hey, look, you know we're arresting these people. You know what is going on here. Let's try to fix the you know, the root cause.
Speaker 4: Of this issue.
Speaker 11: So to me, I think it does and this is where the irony comes in. So she brought all those people together, and then the judicial, you know, the Quarter common Please, said oh, sorry, we can't join that meeting. You know, that could violate our independence. But in that same vein, then they will say, oh, by the way, we we welcome public criticism. You know, we believe in transparency, we believe in accountability. It's like, okay, then then who are you accountable to? You know, if you won't join these meetings, you won't have these discussions. I just feel like the judges are hiding, and that's why that the politicians had to escape Poetary because like, oh wait, wait, we can't go to the judges kind to put the spot right there, right because you're gonna find somebody else to put the spotlight on. And it's just the irony of it. I think that's what's so frustrating, is like our city is led by people at the end of the day are incompetent. You know, it's a little bit frustrating. It's like, you expect these leaders of our city to be able to care for our safety, and it's like they're doing a complete opposite. They're taking out somebody who has the most power, the most knowledge, the most experience to be able to solve the problem, bring the people together, and.
Speaker 1: Someone with an unvarnished record. You know, it makes no sense to me.
Speaker 11: Yeah, no, me either. And you know, and like you said, we don't have a ton of time, so I do want to get into you know, there is a potential, you know, way that this could be improved, and people have done it before. It's the if any of your links listeners are interested there you can look at Harris County, Texas put together. It's a dashboard where all of the sentences, all the bonds. Like yeah, you're gonna have a dashboard right now that says bo crimes committed while dependant on bond for one plus fello in the episode by Court. Do you can see visually?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 11: You know, like for example, that thought experiment here is what if I told you that in Hamilton County eighty percent of the violent criminals that are repeat offenders were let out on low bond by ex judge.
Speaker 2: What if I told you that, well, I'll tell you what that'd be.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 1: In Ohio, obviously, you know, we elect our judges, and that is exactly the information that citizens need to have before they vote.
Speaker 11: And then you get into it. Something else that is really crazy about this situation is very timely is ThunderMan. She lost by two hundred most roughly two hundred. That's crazy, crazy, slim margin, right, But she was somebody who was actually speaking out against this great judging a Facebook post by Sarah Herringer and she said, in this entire process, you know, the two names that I can tell you. She was working with my aunt on some legislation to be able to fix some of this, you know, the stuff with cutting off the hun com owners. But she said, Smitherman and Sunderman are two names that I can tell you are look at this clear eye, ye, and then you, I mean, you find out that she was one that lost by two hundred votes. It's like, what if Sunderman was the best out of all these judges and not having repeat violent offenders on the streets. Nobody knows it's like we have this system that is broken, you have no information available. I'm a finance guy, I like you Dasbard the information. If I'm a voter, I want to know who's putting viral criminals back on the street, right, like we deserve to know that.
Speaker 9: You know, you could have this.
Speaker 1: I couldn't agree with you more, Rob, I mean, what'd you think? And I know you're not an FOP member, but well, that'd be a good job for the FOP. And don't get me wrong, they do wonderful work. But I'm going to check out that Harris County thing you were talking about because that's exactly what voters need to know, and I think the.
Speaker 11: FOP would fully support this. I think it's one of those things where you know, it's maybe it's it's a little bit like, you know, esoteric in a way, so not everybody is necessarily see this. I think it's a relatively recent problem. I was talking to Terry a little bit and she said, you know, the chief of police in Indianapolis they're having similar issues. So I don't know if this is more of a nuanced news thing, But I mean, who wouldn't love to have access to all of this information. I think some of the you know, if you think about it, if you're a business leader, this is something that I could see you being very supportive. If you have a business downtown, crime is incredibly important to your abilities. Yeah, think about the you know, think about the reds, the bangles that see Cincinnati. You don't want your fans being worried about crime, right. So it's like the business leaders could easily come together and you could do a partnership with the University of Cincinnati to help, you know, put some of this data together. All it takes, I think at the end of the day, is the leaders having the you know, the motivation, I guess the information, and then people really taking this like okay, let's call you at your word, Hamlichotonic quartercom of Police. If you believe in public criticism, accountability and transparency, explain to us why that we should not have access to all this information. Right as citizens, we deserve this information. I can't see a world where anybody would be against this unless they were trying to.
Speaker 2: Hot exactly exactly. And you know what.
Speaker 1: The information is somewhat available through the Clerk of Courts website, which is excellent with respect to you know, the situation with who got convicted of what that kind of thing. But it's just an impossible task because it's everywhere. Somebody needs to condense it. And I think that's what you're talking about, and I think that's what we need.
Speaker 11: Yeah, a lot of it is pen and paper, like you would have to go down there. I have the documents. There's no data that's available at your fingertips. You know. If you're investigative journalist, you know, you can look at these trends and you can do a lot of you know, different slices and dices of the data. And I think one other thing I do want to mention is if you think about this, think about the asymmetry in you know, the expectations for the police officers to have body cameras that follow their every single meeting, right and the transparency we expect from the police officers. And then you think about that in contrast with the judges. It's like nobody really understands what's going on down there because we don't have access to the information. It's it's like I think that somebody, you know it needs to call out the asymmetry there. And it is funny because I do remember my aunt one time just seeing a video clip on one of the news and they were at a like a crash and an officer had been involved in a crash, and the news is asking questions about the other person's in crash, and then before the interview wrapped up, my aunt goes and just so everybody knows, the police officer's okay, I know you guys don't ever ask that, you know, And that to me is just the type of person that she is, as the type of leader that she is, and I think, you know, we need other leaders to voice this, to bring this up to you know, the public kind of awareness. It's like, we should expect the same transparency of our judges and the judicial system as we expect from our police officers.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: If you're going to elect them, you ought to be able to without a hell of a lot of work on your own, know what their record is on sentencing, on bonds and things like that. And you know what, I think that's just sitting there rob waiting for somebody to take the bull by the horns on it.
Speaker 11: I really think about the you know, think about the news organizations that could take this right, Like, who doesn't want more access to information? And again it goes back to like we can improve. I think sometimes it can get lost on people because there's just so much information in today's society. Sure, you know, you do have the ability if you're somebody out there that's listening and your business member, you're part of some of these committees. You know, if you're somebody who was in a community that has had violent crime, repeat offenders, right like, you have a voice in this. You know, our family went down to the town hall meeting on Tuesday, open form. Anybody can go down there demand this of your city council members. They might not the ones to actually enacted, but then they can put you, you know, with the right people, they can actually begin to create some momentum behind this. They can make this happen. You know. So I think that the individual should feel more empowered than they might realize. Again, two hundred votes that it came down to in front of them. This is Cincinnati. We're not talking about global politics. We're talking about Cincinnati, your community. You have a boys you can make a difference, like anybody out there. You know, if I'm a business leader downtown, you know, one think about the public companies. Right, if I'm Kroger p and G if I'm Great American, Hey, do I want my employees walking around downtown in an area where there could be a murderer walking next to them? No, I don't write like you are responsible for the safety of your people. You want to have, you know, a society where we can feel safe walking around.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, And unfortunately we're almost out of time. Got a couple minutes, but this is such a good op ed. But another sentence that stood out to me. And you talk about what we've just been talking about, accountability, and you say, imagine firefighters repeatedly extinguishing fires in a building while someone keeps setting new ones. Cincinnati police are putting out the fires, but the arsonists keep being released. I mean that says it so well. That's a perfect example.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And I think you know what that analogy actually highlights as well, is the severity of the problem that we're dealing with, right yep, like a fire, this is a fire, right Like people are out there committing murders, they killing people. But this is not you know, just like this is not some everyday mundane tasks like the weight in the gravity of these decisions by the court and the judges cannot be understated, right like this is, this is.
Speaker 2: And you can't.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, you can't overstate that, Rob, you really can't. Got about a minute if you want to sum up, And again, I would urge people to go to the Inquirer's website and read this because it's a very good op ed.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And you know, one thing I do want to say, just as we wrap up is, you know, I was talking to Terry yesterday and it's you know, it's unfortunate what happened to her. I think that it's incredibly disgraceful. What city leaders did. You know, There's so many things about that that were just wrong in the way they did it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 11: I think that they deserve to apologize to her when this is all said and done, and I hope that's done publicly. But one one other thing that I do just kind of want to want to say, you.
Speaker 2: Got to do it quickly.
Speaker 11: Yeah, So this could be Terry's legacy, Like, at the end of the day, if you can get something like this judicial accountability and this oversight and transparency, that could be her lifelong legacy. That really that it's meaningful.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day, I agree. Well, I tell you what, I sure appreciate you calling in. This is a great op ed piece, and I'm going to continue to follow the story and again I really appreciates your point.
Speaker 2: Of view on it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much much.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks Rob.
Speaker 1: You know, for a guy that's not in law enforce man, he absolutely nails it. It really is a great op ed piece. And you know, it's like I said in the intro to this thing. During election time, you hear all about it. Then election goes by and you don't hear much at all. And you know, in this in this state, we elect our judges, So people ought to be able to have that information because what he's saying in this thing is absolutely right. Hey, we got to take a break button. When we get back, we are going to talk to our legal analyst, one of our legal analysts, James Bogan, once again with a story of biological men pretending to be women. You're going to love to hear this one what this sport is. And then second, the University of are you ready Minnesota now has a course or they're talking about the whiteness pandemic, and we're gonna talk to James about that when we get back. Mike Allen, Saturday Midday, thirty seven News Radio seven hundred WLW Mike Allen Saturday Midday. Well, I'll tell you what, yet another example of a biological man pretending to be a woman. This one is a little bit different just because of the sport.
Speaker 2: And I guess it's a sport.
Speaker 1: But let's talk to the guy who keeps track of these things for us, talking about Attorney James Bogan. James has a wonderful, wonderful podcast and again I forget the name, James.
Speaker 2: Could you help me.
Speaker 10: Out past the clock?
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what when you get to be my age at stuff, But sorry about that anyway, tell us about the official strong Man Games. But before you do that, James, I have just a very brief clip of a guy by the name of Jamie Booker. Who's who's the man pretending to be a biological woman? Could you play that just a little bit of it?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 11: Liam my coach obviously and asked women and it was an honor just to even share.
Speaker 1: The scene review, you know, said, I just wanted to give you a flavor for it, James, could you pick it up and tell us what this is all about.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this individual Janie Booker came out of nowhere and dominated the women's open class at the official strong Well, can I ask you.
Speaker 1: What these strong Man Games are? Tell us about that, because I have.
Speaker 8: Heard it's a premier event for in strength athletics.
Speaker 10: It's actually a very big organization.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 8: This isn't like power conventional power lifting or Olympic weightlifting.
Speaker 4: This is where they'll do uh.
Speaker 8: Lifts and tests like log presses, farmers walks, Well, the farmers walks, they pick up a very large amount of weight and carry it one hundred feet with a sixty second time limit.
Speaker 4: Women do it.
Speaker 8: Women do this with around two hundred and twenty five pounds and in the open division, and you know log presses, they'll with the open division they do it with two hundred and fifty pounds, where it's basically a big log.
Speaker 4: You know it's it's not.
Speaker 8: An actual cut log, it's you know, a shaped log with big handles where you power clean it and press it up for as many reps as you can. And with the women's open keg or they do it with up to two hundred and fifty pounds and basically this was their world championships and you have over four hundred male and female athletes from over forty countries. And the reason why this is a big deal with women is that there's definitely there's actually quite a bit of money in it for prize money and then plus you get sponsorships boosting credentials to attract clients as a trainer. So this isn't just some amateur competition where if you lose, okay, no big deal. There's actually potential livelihoods on the line here.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got you, you know in what you sent me talking about Jamie Booker. We just heard from him her she is about four inches taller and eighty pounds heavier than the closest competitor. I think you would have to say that's not real fair, wouldn't you say?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Jamie Booker listed six five four hundred pounds and now the that was just the nearest person as far as weight. The one runner of Andrea Thompson from who's from England. She is five five to two hundred and sixty five pounds. And just to illustrate size, there's that famous former men's champion Eddie Hall. He's quite the Internet personality now. He was sixty two, three hundred and fifty nine pounds at the time of his peak. But again, don't let the height and weight fool you. I've discussed that in other shows with You, episodes with You where he trust me. Eddie Hall can lift exponentially more than these two. But anyway, what happened with Jamie Booker is Booker just came out of nowhere, entered the strong woman competition and dominated, and just came out of nowhere and.
Speaker 4: As a woman.
Speaker 8: And while the Official Strongman Games organizers have a rules about that where you can only participate in your gender, Booker basically tried to pull the rug over their eyes on this one. And what happened is after the competition a number of competit female competitors sent the organizers some house I say, videos from Booker's prior online career, pornographic stuff that verily clearly showed that Booker is a man.
Speaker 2: Why how did it get that far? James?
Speaker 1: I mean, wouldn't they have to submit to blood tests and things like that.
Speaker 4: They don't.
Speaker 8: They don't seem to have that with official Strongman games. But I'm sure they're putting they're looking at putting more safeguards in place now, because right when they found out about it, they disqualified Booker and resorted the placement places accordingly.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it sounds like maybe, at least with respect to this particular sport, if you will, it's case closed.
Speaker 2: They cleaned it up.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they looks like that.
Speaker 8: I mean, they can't swooped in and cleaned it up right away. And to their credit, this is not an organization that's run by some Ivory Tower liberals who want to sit there and go, oh, hey, we're going to do our own social engineering. We don't care what you want, gotcha. I appreciate you filling us in on that. I got to ask you about this one you found that you were kind enough to alert me.
Speaker 1: The University of Surprise, Surprise, Minnesota.
Speaker 2: On their web page, they have a thing.
Speaker 1: You can explain what it is, James, but they're warning against a whiteness pandemic. Can you tell us all about this one, because this one, this one takes the cake, if you will.
Speaker 8: Oh, this is absolutely ridiculous. This is on their website. Fortunately it's not a course. But how much you know, on their professors are teaching the starbage in their courses, and basically they say it all stems from quote research evidence indicating that whiteness, that indicates that whiteness refers to culture, not biology, and features things like color blindness, passivity, and white fragility. I mean, I guess they're saying we need to trust the science here. And the page states, quote, if you were socialized into the culture of whiteness during childhood, it is not your fault, but as an adult, it is now your responsibility to self reflect, re educate yourself, and act. And the web page has so called resources for parents and educators to fight the quote whiteness pandemic, I mean, calling it culture not biology. They're obviously trying to cite step that little thing called the Civil Rights Act. Ye you know, schools can't discriminate based on race. And this is just absolutely blatantly ridiculous.
Speaker 1: It's exactly what you would expect on the college campus in the year twenty twenty five, except you know, Trump in the Department of Education dropped the hammer on it. Maybe you saw this, James. I found a letter from Brad Finstead, a member of Congress from Minnesota to the Honorable Russell Vaught, Director of omb for that state, basically saying, hey, you know, we put the kibosh on this stuff. And here's what he says. I'm just gonna summarize it here a little bit, James talking about the web page that you just described. The web page describes whiteness as culture, not biology. The centuries old culture of whiteness features color blindness, passivity, and white fragility.
Speaker 2: Can't forget about that.
Speaker 1: We're all covert expressions of racism so common in the United States. Well, anyway, the letter goes on to say fix it or we're taking your federal funds.
Speaker 8: Yeah, with William, the Trump administration has been cracking down on this garbage that I'm glad you see that. I mean, this is just like when Columbia University and other schools like that were turning a blind eye to violence, threats, and harassments.
Speaker 4: Towards Jewish students.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 8: And it's just it's so blatant, it's just ridiculous.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 8: They're trying to find and they're trying to find ways to sythestep Trump's directives about this kind of stuff in DEI.
Speaker 1: Well, they're doing it all over the country too, And this one somebody nailed it. You obviously found it. And I'll tell you what, this isn't going to be the last one. It just it is just so absurd heard on its face that you do wonder, rational people, I think, do wonder how in the hell does something like this happen? If you have that question and you have that curiosity, legitimately, I'd just say, go to the any college website and shop around and look what they're offering, and you know it won't surprise you.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately.
Speaker 8: I mean, how do these academics come up.
Speaker 4: With this stuff?
Speaker 2: I don't you know what. I've wondered that for years, James.
Speaker 1: And you know when Trump dropped the boom, I thought, thank god, you know this stuff's going to go away. But you hit the nail on the head and I should have thought about it. These arrogant academics, they know so much more than you and I and everybody else. They're going to try and find ways around it. And looks like they got their hand in the cookie jar here.
Speaker 8: Well, you saw the reactions of all those schools when Trump won the election. Remember Georgetown had the else care suite for students where they have milk and cookies, playing with legos and dueling with krans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they didn't have that when I was there. James, as always, we really appreciate you looking out for this stuff and filling us in and keep an eye on this Minnesota thing for us, if you would please.
Speaker 4: Oh it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, James, thank you so much. Appreciate Thank Michael.
Speaker 4: He's a privilege.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you. You know, and at University of Minnesota. And I'll tell you what with our next guest, and I'm gonna describe it more fully when we come back from this short break.
Speaker 2: It has to do with Minnesota. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: They ought to start calling that place theeed People's Republic of Minnesota. But at any rate, before we hear from Janis, we're gonna take a very short break and then we'll come back.
Speaker 2: Mike Allen, Saturday.
Speaker 1: Seven hundred WLW Mike Allen an hour three, third and final hour of the Saturday Midday. Well, like I told you before, this is a big story. It's a breaking story. There have spen some news out on it so far, but not a lot until now. And it involves a massive and probably unprecedented fraud situation. Fraud cases in Tampon, Tim's state of Minnesota. Three separate cases, three separate cases, all involving Minnesota's Somali community. The first one is some program called Feeding Our Future, which was supposed to get meals two kids needy kids during the pandemic. I think the money went into somebody's pocket. That's number one. The second scandal is something millions of dollars in fraudulent medicaid claims to combat homelessness. They don't necessarily go together, I don't think. And the third one involves a twenty eight year old woman who reaped fourteen million dollars from an autism care program. And I'll tell you what the story that Janis has in the Epoch Times. She's too modest to tell you, so I'm going to do it for her. Was recognized yesterday looks like last night by none other than Nut Gingrich, former Speaker of the House. And Nut had a little bit of a tweet on this thing, I guess, and I'm just going to read it to you. Okay, this is from Nut Gingrich, And again it looks like last night, Janis Heisel's article in the Epoch Times on the gigantic scale of fraud in Minnesota is an extraordinarily clear and well done article about one of the biggest examples of big government socialism's inevitable tendency towards corruption and favoritism.
Speaker 2: It should be a must.
Speaker 1: It should be musk reading for every citizen who wants honest government and realizes how big a problem corruption has become. And Janis with that, I'll introduce you and first of all tell you congratulations that my friend is a big deal.
Speaker 5: Well know, a friend of mine sent that to me last night. I didn't discover it on my own, and I kind of went what At first, I thought it could have been stakes, but I verified that it was legit, and so I am quite you know, flattered to receive that type of a compliment from a man who has literally been considered one of the biggest experts on the history of American politics, especially in you know, modern decades. He just is a font of information about, you know, so many things that have happened in our political world. And so for him to come out and say that it was an extraordinarily clear report, that was just a huge compliment, and I have had the opportunity to interview him. Oh, I think it was only one time, about a year year and a half ago about some historic things going on with the DRUMK campaign. So very gracious and I was indeed flattered, But the bottom line, beyond any flattery for me, I really do feel people need to be aware of this and do whatever they can to take a stand in this regard because our tax dollars. It's not us personally, because it's Minnesota. But still I'm willing to bet that there's a lot of other fraud out there along these lines that hasn't even been discovered, possibly in other states. If it's happening in that state, it quite possibly is happening as mother ones. But this just appears to be, you know, it's not a one off. It appears to be systemic. Is the problem in Minnesota?
Speaker 1: Well, if you could break it down for us, you do in the story three separate cases of all involving Minnesota's Somalian community, just kind of break it down for us. Jannis, and we are talking about millions and millions of dollars?
Speaker 2: Are we not.
Speaker 4: Actually billions?
Speaker 5: With a bee? Because the problem is that the scandals are so widespread that the US attorney, the prosecutor, you know, Ceneral prosecutor, has come out and said, there's going to be people get away with this just because they don't have the manpower to literally charge everybody who should be charged. And so the three scandals, as you alluded to, the first one involved a nonprofit called Feeding Our Future. Now that organization actually started pre pandemic, and there were already red flags being raised by people in the community about some things going on with that group as back in I think it formed in twenty seventeen, and it wasn't the twenty sixteen. It wasn't long after that that people started going, wait a minute, what's going on. Bottom line with that one is, you know, in the same thing actually with all three of the major scandals that I wrote about, they're they're all alleged to have basically inflated or made completely fraudulent claims to get money from the federal government for welfare programs. In this case, it was they were claiming one place, claimed that they fed up to three hundred thousand children in a couple of years spanning as a small organizations. Really you've fed three hundred thousand meals to kids. You're a small, small group. And so then the second scandal does involve it was Minnesota was the first state in the country to come up with this novel use of medicaid money. The idea was that there were a lot of people who are homeless do have like mental illness or you know, other like kind of related conditions. So that is the next is there so to speak, to try to get back money. And what happened there, according to the federal prosecutors, is that people would obtain names of eligible people and then use those names to make up completely false claims saying, oh, yeah, I got this person housing or maintain their housing at a lower rate or whatever. So that's the second scandal and the third one right now, there was only one person initially charged in this case, but they're saying that there should be many other indictments. A woman was charged with fourteen million dollars as you mentioned in fraud, and that was they recruited people in the Somali community. And all three of these cases have many or mostly so Mali, you know, accusing people in that community have been accused. And so in that case with the autism. They would go to the Somali community, Hey, come get your kid evaluated for autism. Well guess what. Hundred percent of the kids were diagnosed with federal program. Yeah yeah, where you get reimbursed for treating the kids. So that's the bottom line on that one.
Speaker 1: You know, I tell you, the obvious question becomes, Jannis, where is the oversight? I mean, you know, I said millions and millions. You corrected me saying billions. Where is the oversight on this? You know, this is a lot of money, a lot of taxpayers money.
Speaker 5: Well, absolutely, that first case, the one that's been developing the longest, defeating our future. One. Charges have been filed in that case in twenty twenty two, and so far seventy eight people have been charged. And what I understand, the Feds aren't done with that one yet. The other two scandals are literally just surfacing. Those came out in September. So following that, there was an article written and I could give credit to where credit is due to the City Journal, which is a publication of the Manhattan Is. They were able to get intelligence sources that I don't have to come on, come on, you know, at least you know anonymously, but to say that the money that is going back to Somalia from these Somalian alleged fraudsters is a kind of that's going to al Shabab, the terrorism group. So that adds kind of insult to injury here. So that really up to the outrage causing President Trump to go ahead and discontinue what's called temporary protected status, which is basically a shield against deportation for the Somalis in Minnesota. There are people on the other side were decrying that as being you know, oh, he's the anti Somalian, and it's almost like they weren't connecting it to the allegations and in a lot of cases already proven. There have been many people already convicted. I think it's over fifty have been convicted at first scandal and so of literally taking advantage of this country to the point where they're gif flauding the government, not just reaping benefits to which they're entitled.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, this isn't some welfare cheat sitting at home eating potato chips and watching TV on the taxpayer's dime. I mean, unbelievable billions of dollars involved. I just wanted to read you one paragraph that caught my eye of your story talking about Somalia and being steeped in public sector corruption. These immigrants come from a nation steeped in public sector corruption. Somalia ranks as the world's second most corrupt nation according to something that I didn't even know this existed, the Corruption Perception Index. That ranking that Somalia got is that nine points on a scale of one hundred, one hundred means very clean. Only South Sudan was worse. They had all of eight points. The United States scored sixty five. The world's least corrupt country, Denmark got ninety points. I guess all that's a way of asking, I mean, this stuff's public knowledge, is it not. And wouldn't you think at the state level, in federal inspectors too, somebody would have figured this out before. And I know you said the one started one prosecution in twenty twenty four. You just wonder, you know, who's watching the piggy bank here? Apparently nobody, Well there.
Speaker 5: Was, Yeah, there was a report done in regard to that feeding our future scan of the one that's been brewing the longest, and you know they came right out and staid in this independent audit that there were many steps that were you know, red flags that were basically ignored. So that's the problem there. I mean again, you know, how can you have a very small organization claiming to serve three hundred thousand meals? It just doesn't even you know, makes sense.
Speaker 1: You know, do you know if anyone has tried to hold the governor of Minnesota not necessarily responsible, but at least accountable for this, because you know, Mike DeWine here in Ohio, if this was going on here, he would have known about it, he would have done something about it. I don't think Tim Waltz should get a pass on this, and I know that's not your Bailey Wick, but did you find anything where he had knowledge of this or is doing anything about it?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: Yes, actually he did come out and you know condemn the Feeding our Future, which well, I was in Minnesota to cover the marriage race, which, as you remember, there was a Democrat socialist running and he ended up losing to the incumbent, more moderate Democrat mayor. I was there and I did pick up on a vibe of people being really upset regarding this Feeding our Future scandal that the other guy own Fate who was the Democratic Socialist guy from Somalia, or actually wasn't. He wasn't born there. He was born here to Somalian parents, correcting himself. So anyway, he had some connections to people in that whole scandal, and there were quite a number of people I spoke to who resent that scandal very, very highly, and they were critical also of Governor Waltz. But Governor Waltz did come out and condemn the scandal itself and has taken some action. For example, just recently, I think it was at the end of October, he issued an order that they were going to halt temporarily fourteen medicaid programs. And so the three scandals we just talked about, those are just the three biggest ones. There are fourteen medicaid programs that he is temporarily stopping. Evenson will they have an independent audit for guess what fraud?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 1: This defies belief really, I mean, but and there's one two sentenced paragraph, and I just wanted to get your reaction to this. I mean, you wrote it, Okay. The state's Education Commissioner, Willie L. Jet the third, defended his agencies oversight of the programs. He said, the agency reported suspicions and concerns to law enforcement. I mean, do you find that to be a credible statement?
Speaker 5: Huh, well, I don't want to necessarily, come on. I think it speaks for itself. You know. He that was his side of it. It was important to include that, understand, But certainly the report that I read does come right out and just you know, lay a lot of blame on the agency. He was defending the agency byline.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, somebody a person like that doing that, not doing the job, I think probably ought to be terminated.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's Minnesota, so you know, I guess some people get a pass.
Speaker 10: Mike.
Speaker 5: I would like to tell you about another kind of slice of this. There are so many branches of this. I could probably stay busy for several years just covering even the basics. There's so much. But one of the things that a lot of people are outraged about is just recently a judge overturned a jury's verdict, and you, being in a former judge and a prosecutor yourself, know how unusual that is. This jury verdict where a fan was convicted of seven point two million dollars worth of Medicaid fraud, claiming to run a home healthcare agency that from a mail box. I am not making this up. Wow, and the jurors from what I read some other reports, again not my reporting, but I will be checking into this. People are really upset over this reversal of the jury verdict. I do not know the ins and outs, but again, that seven point two million dollars is a fair chunk of change for one person, and you know, it's my belief that he only has maybe one I don't know how many people, for sure are involved with that one. But for one person or a few people to split seven point two million, that's that's like you're one in the lottery there, right, And I believe that's what you're doing, is reaping it from taxpayers.
Speaker 1: And as you point out, you're absolutely right. I mean I can count on one hand. I don't need all my fingers to tell you the number of times that's happened here locally. The whole thing about a judge overruling a jury verdict, I mean, there's got to be there's got to be something to that. The whole thing stinks to high heavens. Janis I mean, I would assume, based on the gravity of this, and you're great reporting on it, you're going to stay on this story right.
Speaker 5: Absolutely. In fact, I have several spinoff stories that are in the worst, but we did have Thanksgiving and so boy, I tell you, there are a lot of questions about higher ups in government in Minnesota. You know, one person put it this way I think was actually a congresswoman, Nancy May said this about ilhan Omar be So Molly, congresswoman from that area. What did ilhan Omar know and when did she know?
Speaker 13: Yes, that that has been a big question out there, and also questions regarding Tim Waltz, other people who either knew or perhaps should have known about.
Speaker 5: The extent of this. This is I really do think this is probably the most massive welfare fraud case in I've.
Speaker 11: Ever heard of in United States history.
Speaker 5: I mean, I haven't verified that for sure, but I can't think yntey it comes close. I've heard estimates as high as sixteen billion.
Speaker 2: Dollars total across all the.
Speaker 5: Scandals, not to see three, so I don't I haven't again verified that, but that is a report I have seen an estimate. I've seen, uh so lots and lots of work for me and others to do to try to bring this to the public's attention. And the presidential action has already been taken, and from what I've seen, uh does look like there's been some crackdowns. This combined with the Afghany assassination of one of our National guardsmen and the grave, grave wounding of the second gardens iding for his life. Uh that you know, there's a lot of concern about, you know, raising to kind of a critical point of awareness. Look at how much immigrants are receiving benefits from the country and then you thank them, either by fraud or by violence. You know that that's what President Trump is doing now, taking action to to cut off benefits like that. And Americans, you know, from what I've seen, I've heard so many people say how set up they are, so many people are completely bet up.
Speaker 1: Well, it sounds to me, Janis Hail like you just hit the tip of the iceberg here. I'm glad, and I'm sure the taxpayers of this country are going to be glad that you're on top of this thing. It's just I've never seen or heard anything like it, and we really appreciate you sharing with.
Speaker 5: Us yeah, well at least it doesn't. Here there are some serious actions being taken, and it's just it speaks volumes that the Department Justice said, we can't charge everybody.
Speaker 4: True, it's traffic. True.
Speaker 1: All right, Janie, thanks again, thank you? Okay, all right, Wow, I mean, are you soaking all that in billions of dollars?
Speaker 2: And who was minding the store?
Speaker 1: I just I refuse to believe that, you know, people in positions of authority did not know the extent of it. Now, Janie did point out that one of these problems started being prosecuted in twenty twenty two, I think she said, but we're going to hang on to this. We're going to keep on to it too. And again just point out to you that none other than former Speaker of the House Nuke Gingrish recognized her yesterday in the story, and I know she'll stay on it.
Speaker 2: Hey, we got us take a break.
Speaker 1: But when we get back open lines seven four, nine, seven thousand, one, eight hundred, the big one are the numbers. After we get our mystery guest coming out of the news, Mike Allen, Saturday midday.
Speaker 4: This is what they call the hart Cell Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yard eleven thirty nine News Radio seven hundred WLW Mike Allen Saturday midday closing half hour.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you what. In about a half.
Speaker 1: Hour, something big is going to be happening, and that is Ohio State Michigan on the hotline. Here, I have the biggest Ohio State Buckeye fanatic that I know. That happened to be my son. Heard here Sunday Nights on the Big One, Mike Allen Jr.
Speaker 2: Mike, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 12: Hey, no problem, man, trying to call my heart rate a little bit.
Speaker 4: In about twenty minutes, this house is going to be loud.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, let me get it jumped up a little bit. I just wanted to ask you, did you see last night where Saint X they're going to the state championships?
Speaker 2: Your thoughts?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean I'll say this, man, they had to play their best game to beat Elder the other night last week they played their best game. I actually was at the gym this morning and I saw some younger guys and St X stuff talking about it, and I said, hey, until you guys go get two in a row, you don't match to an elder guy. And they started laughing, and I said, hey, guys, GCL go win the thing exactly. Might be the only time someone with the last name Allen here for the Saint X Bombers.
Speaker 1: I just gave him a hell of a build up, you know. As a matter of fact, Liam tells me we've got some calls. I forgot to mention Anderson is going up state. They beat big one. I've never heard of that before, but two of them going up state. But anyway, enough of that, unless do you have just shows.
Speaker 4: How big football is in the state of Ohio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the gCO, absolutely, yes, sir.
Speaker 1: Okay, I introduced you, Mike as the biggest Ohio State Buckeye fanatic that I know of. Uh, you might remember when you have a memory like I couldn't believe when you were growing up, we kind of split it between OSU and Notre Dame. Yeah, and you made a turn to Ohio State. What brought that on?
Speaker 12: Your mom did? To be be honest with you, it was our grandmother. Yeah, And I remember I had stopped by her place.
Speaker 4: It was on the Saturday of the.
Speaker 12: Ohio State and Michigan game, and I'd stop by her place maybe an hour or so before it was when I was well, actually, you know what it was when.
Speaker 4: I was going up to Columbus for the game.
Speaker 12: And honestly, it was to just do one of those you show up at grandma's house and she may give you twenty bucks just for showing up. But we started talking about it, and we were talking about how expensive tickets were, and she said, you know, your grandfather and I would sell our Ohio State Michigan tickets to pay a month to rent when they were living up there. Yeah, and just the history of it, and and your dad and you and I watching Joe Jermain and and the buck Eyes in the nineties, always losing the Michigan. It just got this this hatred and reel lack of a better term, And it's it's that.
Speaker 4: I think that's what's so cool about.
Speaker 12: This game is the way it it goes through families, you know what I mean. There's people in our family. We have a Michigan alum, your nephew Keith, my cousin, your nephew Danny Allen is a huge Michigan fan, and then his brother Joey.
Speaker 4: Is a massive Ohio State fan.
Speaker 12: So I think that's what's so cool about it, and it's I really do think this. I do not think there are two teams in the existence of sport that hate each other more.
Speaker 4: And what I like about it is you have all of.
Speaker 12: These players, you know, the buck Eyes, you to just recruit mostly out of Ohio. They got guys from Florida, California and everywhere in between.
Speaker 4: Right when they get there. They could people go to Ohio.
Speaker 12: State Michigan to play in this game, to play in the biggest rivalry in all of sports.
Speaker 4: And you know, I there was a long while there.
Speaker 12: Where Ohio State sort of dominated. Now Michigan has been dominating. And it was one of those things where I meant this just as a fan of college football, we needed and when I say we, I mean college football as a whole, and especially Ohio State needed that to be a rivalry again. And I'm telling you what, man, the last four or five years, it is one thousand percent of rivalry.
Speaker 1: Again, no question about it. The guy I'm going to ask you, I know, you know it just for conversation saying the guy that coined the term that would not refer to Michigan as Michigan, but that team up north, none other in whatdy Hayes Am I right about that, absolutely?
Speaker 4: And what's funny?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 12: And I know you know this Woodrow Hayes Allen, my German shepherds is actually sitting right next to me.
Speaker 4: Getting ready to watch again.
Speaker 12: Every dog I've had for the last fifteen years has been named after a Buckeye.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you couldn't have anything to do with your beautiful wife being a graduate from there.
Speaker 4: No, of course, not okay, but no, it's it's funny.
Speaker 12: I mean, you go up the further north, you go up in Ohio, you see every single word, whether it's on a sign or a name tag or something like that, that's got an eminent has a big X through it.
Speaker 4: So you know, it's one of these things.
Speaker 12: Where people ask themselves, you know how they hell, the two teams end up hating each other so much, and I mean it literally goes back to the two state militias almost going to war with each other.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear that one.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 12: So in eighteen thirty something, Governor John Bell of the state of Ohio laid claim to the Toledo Strip right there near Allen County where or up north of Allen County where you know Ohio and Michigan right right, and there was a big fight. Ohio was a state at that time, I don't think Michigan was. Ohio said hey, this whole strip right here is ours, and we're willing to pick up guns over it. And it got to the point where literally the governor of Ohio called up the state militia, armed them, got them to the border, and they two state militias were about to start going literally shooting at each other. President Andrew Jackson actually get involved and basically say, if any of you shoot at each other, I'm.
Speaker 4: Hanging all of you.
Speaker 12: So what happened was Ohio was given the Toledo Strip in exchange for Michigan being granted statehood by the federal government. And they actually got the Mitten, like the northern peninsula of Michigan in exchange. So at the time it seemed like Ohio got the best of that deal. But I think that Michigan's lakefront property sort of beats Ohio, and in the Cleveland Rusfeld area, I.
Speaker 2: Guess you know what I tell you, that's a rivalry.
Speaker 1: You know, I know you've been up there a number of times to Ohio state.
Speaker 2: Did you ever? You've never been up for Ohio State Michigan? Have you?
Speaker 4: Oh? No, No, I like my life too much.
Speaker 12: I worry, I honestly, God, worry about myself. And that's the thing about this is you see generally reasonable.
Speaker 4: People lose their minds over this. And that's the wild thing.
Speaker 12: It's like, if there's something that makes your average American lose it over it's he I mean, if there's two things you bring up, either a Donald Trump or b Ohio State Michigan, and you're going to get a reaction out of people that tend not to give pretty animated reactions. But but the hatred is one thousand percent real. But no, I've never been to ann Arbor. I have no plans on going to ann Arbor. If there's one place on planet Earth I would love to avoid my entire natural life, it would be ann Arbor.
Speaker 2: Why doesn't that surprise me?
Speaker 4: You know, you know, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you about about the game itself, Mike, Yeah, I mean Ohio State so dominant this year. Michigan. I think they're banging around about fourteenth or fifteenth or something like that. Yeah, obviously Buckeyes are the favorites. But what are you looking for in this game?
Speaker 12: I'm telling you right now, and I know it's just the cliches are cliches because they're true. But I mean this, throw the record book out and you can say that the years absolutely. So what I think the key is here is that Ohio State. You know their quarterback Julian's saying and I watched him a little bit when he was in high school, just film and stuff hearing about him, and he really flew under the radar. This could be his heisman game. He is completing something like eighty percent of his passes. Another guy who was absolutely lethal to Michigan in his career long you know, back in five six era, was Troy Smith. This guy reminds me of Troy Smith. He wears number ten, just like him. He's a li undersized, but mechanically I don't think I've seen a quarterback, especially at that age, as good as this kid is. The Other thing to look for is Ohio State's other heisman candidates, Jeremiah Smith and Carneal Tate, the two wide receivers. I don't think there's any question, you know, whether or not these two are the best wide receivers.
Speaker 4: In the country, and they're on the same team.
Speaker 12: They're a little banged up, they didn't play last week, they're going to play today. I mean, I think, you know, if Jeremiah Smith and Carnal Tate had broken two broken hands, they would still find a way to play in this game.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Really, so I think that you know.
Speaker 12: O High State weathering the storm, the noise, the insanity, they're not going to be able to hear themselves. Think even if that first drive ends in a punt, that's fine. It's limiting turnovers for Ohio State, letting the game come to them. Michigan is going to have to find a way to run the ball, and that's going to be very tough because there's no defensive.
Speaker 4: Line and in my view, no defense better in the country than High of States.
Speaker 12: So if Michigan can find a way to slow the game down, sort of play that old school Ohio State Michigan football, where they can grind the ball, pick up first downs, avoid third and long, they'll have a shot. Ohio State's gonna have to do the opposite. They're going to have to air it out, chuck it deep to the two best receivers in the United States and it's not going to be, you know, a high scoring game.
Speaker 4: I wish it was, but I don't think it's going to be.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 12: I think Ohio State gets out, maybe by less than a touchdown.
Speaker 1: We shall see. It's certainly exciting. Appreciate you spend some time with us. Are you on Tomorrow night?
Speaker 4: No, sir, man, I'm not. I don't think I am.
Speaker 12: Okay, They'll be playing football and I'm okay with it. I'm busy getting getting ready for a little Buckeye to get here, so I know.
Speaker 2: I know, I can't wait. I can't wait.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I want to be busy.
Speaker 3: Brother.
Speaker 1: That's right. Well, I wanted to let it know. We are on together this coming Friday for slowany Yeah, for Willie nine to New Well, No, you in for Sloan. I think I better double check then.
Speaker 12: Anyway, that'll be fun and we'll have it covered now.
Speaker 2: What the hell? All right?
Speaker 4: Mike?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Okay, see, you know, I gotta tell you, how cool is that interviewing your son about Ohio State Michigan. I'm so proud of that young man. I could burst. Hey, let's do this. Uh, we have a couple of callers, but I want to take a break. Get that out of the way, come back and we'll get the callers. We'll do that when we get back. Mike Allen, Saturday midday, Mike Allen, Saturday midday, closing minutes of same as promise. Let's go to the phone first, Doctor Dennis. Are you there, sir, Doctor Dennis, you're there.
Speaker 2: I'm there. How you doing, doc?
Speaker 4: Okay? All right, pretty good, good.
Speaker 14: I had a nice, nice thanks. I just want to take two quick points. Two quick points. One you got, uh, Tim, no balls walls out there voicing concern about the results of Trump's MRI. I think I have that right, Uh, when you have some other yeah, some other talking heads concerned about Trump is showing early dimension is you know, et cetera, et cetera. But these same people never voiced any concern about you know, demesia Joe and and his uh and his uh severe cognitive deficits.
Speaker 4: You are so worried. You know.
Speaker 1: I heard that too this week too, and it's nobody ever calls him on it, and it's just so bright, so blatant. You know, Trump, I don't even think the guy gets tired. At least he doesn't look like that to me.
Speaker 14: He's running circles around what Biden did. There's no question about it.
Speaker 2: No question.
Speaker 14: And then and then I want to put it plug in for Xavier because I don't know if you know this, but he's Xavior grad came up with the Bengals name for the Cincinnati football.
Speaker 4: Team, really really yeah.
Speaker 14: A guy named yeah, a guy named Hal Pennington who was the Xavier grad.
Speaker 4: He he coached some.
Speaker 14: Early versions of the Bengals that they weren't called the Bengals, called other names.
Speaker 2: In theties, wasn't it, yes?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 14: Correct in the thirties, right, right? So his name is Hal Pennington. You can look it up. But I got this out of a book called The Hidden.
Speaker 4: History of Cincinnati.
Speaker 14: Okay, and yeah, it was a very fascinating story.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna check it out. Hey.
Speaker 1: One other thing, I don't know if you heard. I know how much you like local history. I had a guy on this week who wrote a book about Post Steele Laski, the Cincinnati Strangler, which was excellent.
Speaker 2: It was so good, was that, right? Yeah? Yeah, you can get it on Amazon. Well that was worth read.
Speaker 14: Now is that the same guy that was going around with a when that the murder of that family over in the West Side.
Speaker 2: That's j T.
Speaker 1: Towns No, well it was going on at the same time. But uh no, j T. Townsend wrote that book. But it's really good. Uh you know, I think it's like twenty bucks or something like that.
Speaker 2: So just wanted to let you.
Speaker 14: Know it's a newer book. It's a newer it's a different, different, criminal different.
Speaker 1: A bad one too. Okay, all right, thanks, thank you so much. But you know, I didn't know that about Xavier. You know, a lot of people don't know this. One of Xavier's last football players. I think he was on the last team, none other than the great, great Ken Blackwell, I'm sure everybody knows. Ken, one of the most conservative guys in the state, should have been the governor of the state of Ohio.
Speaker 2: He played football for Xavier.
Speaker 1: I think I think he got drafted, not maybe a high pick, but got drafted by the Cowboys, Dallas Cowboys. I don't think you ever played for him, though, but appreciate the trivia. I'm the most trivial person you'll find. Hey, let's talk to Ralph in beautiful Western Hills. Hey, Ralph, how are you doing good today, har are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good? We got one minute?
Speaker 4: Yeah, one minute. I don't think I have enough time.
Speaker 1: Then.
Speaker 15: Basically, I think a lot of the stuff that's going on is intentional, and I think it's intentional because to transfer.
Speaker 2: Wealth, really, tell me, tell me what you mean by that. We got time for that.
Speaker 15: Hey, if you look at what was going on with the immigration, he had the open borders, the cartels were making bands, ye, all right, Venezuela making byans off of that. A lot of the immigrants that were coming from Venezuela were men, and they were muslim men. And a lot of these musselmen were coming out of prisons.
Speaker 4: Well, if you look at some of.
Speaker 15: The Ukrainians, they were giving money to travel here, they were given context, they got jobs, they got paid to come here at a humanitarian.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what, Ralph, and amount of time here. I wouldn't bet against anything. It's very possible. Hey, next time you call back, I promise I'll give you more time. Okay, he's gone already, and so am I. Mike Allen, Saturday midday