Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talker. Well, I want to be Father's Day without Michael Milken and the Home Run Challenge thirty one years strong, bringing awareness and doing a lot of great scientific research to fund all that due to the Home Run Challenge. Great to have you back at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 2: It's great to be here and we're very lucky. I have a conversation with Commissioner every year telling him how it's so important that Dodgers are at home on Father's Day.
Speaker 1: And remind us every Dodger home run how much goes to cancer research.
Speaker 2: Thirty thousand for every Dodger home run fifty thousand in addition for a Grand Slam.
Speaker 1: How much has this meant to you over the last thirty one years to be able to raise so much awareness for prostate cancer and also so many medical achievements to try to help you know, not only if you're manage it over the course of the last thirty one years with your wife by your side.
Speaker 2: Well, there are four million men today in America, but we didn't think we're going to make it a living normal Lives that have had prostay cancer due to the number one awareness program in America about getting checked. The Dodgers in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 1: I guess Shohyotani has really helped out on Father's Day.
Speaker 2: He has, well, see how he does today. He hasn't made all the thirty one Father's days, but he's you know, he's picking up his face. And I guess he had his second child this week, that's right.
Speaker 1: And all he did was home run. Hit a home run yesterday, So we're looking for another one today from him and the other Dodgers. Thirty one years ago, when you started the Prostay Cancer Foundation and started the home run challenge, did you ever expect it to make the difference that it's made.
Speaker 2: Well, we studied two things. No. One, men don't get checked. You had a simple blood test, like checking your cholesterol, but men don't go to the doctor. And so we thought the great American pastime, come out to the ballpark, remind your dad, grandfather, uncle, nextdoor, neighbor, brother to get that simple blood test. So the combination of Major League Baseball and the awareness, particularly by the Dodgers and other teams has made a difference. And I expected the growth, But then I had a lot of friends by baseball teams, including the Dodgers, which just helped propel it.
Speaker 1: Also, where can people get more information to do their part. The Dodgers are going to do their part today hitting home runs for Father's Day and the Prostay Cancer Foundation. But where can we all help?
Speaker 2: You can go to PCF dot or you can learn all about what we've learned fourteen different therapies. You can learn about what role nutrition plays and slowing the growth of prostate cancer. New developments here that have transformed it. And so today a man diagnosed with prostate cancer, even at advanced levels, has a ninety eight percent probability of living five years or longer in normal life.
Speaker 1: You know a lot of people like that. Thanks a lot for coming out to Dodger Stadium. Thanks a lot for thirty one years of bringing awareness to prostate cancer and trying to get checked and also finding a solution so men can move on with their lives and be great dads. So thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, that is the fame. Keep dad in the game. That's where we started, and that's why we're here today at Dodger Stadium, and we're looking for the day that you'll have your thirty one day here at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Michael, thanks a lot for coming out and it's a great day for the home run. Showing your blue. Here we go, there we go. Father's Day Blue for the dads.