Speaker 1: Friday, got faced with a little dilemma. It's like a moral dilemma, and I want to ask the listeners, what would you have done if you were me? Okay, let me explain this situation, and you tell me what your thoughts are on this. So this weekend, Chelsea and I were going to go to Chicago to visit our son Jacob and his boyfriend Chris, and we were taking them as part of their Christmas gift to go see the Broadway musical Six, which I've heard it so good. I had no idea what it was about until I went in there, and then I was there and I'm going I sang so bad.
Speaker 2: I actually kind of liked it. I'll explain that in a second.
Speaker 1: So Chelsea and Jacob had been wanting to go see it, and it was something that they both wanted to do together, and then they let the two people in the relationship with them, myself and Chris, be part of it and to be part of a Christmas gift, We're going to do dinner and all this stuff. Well, Friday morning, during the show, Chelsea sends me a text message at about maybe like six forty five.
Speaker 2: I am hold on.
Speaker 1: Let me read the extual thing here, because it's you got to almost hear the hair, the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Uh. She sends me back.
Speaker 1: I look at this one. Stop texting me. Hold on a second, noave me some of these things. Why are you bother me? Oh no, that's not that one. That aren't there? Uh Friday?
Speaker 2: Where's Friday's Friday? Oh? Here you go.
Speaker 1: I am so sick. I have the worst sore throat, horrible headache and body aches. And I said, oh f And I said, do you want to cancel? She says, I feel like I got hit by a truck. I am so sad. This is all I wanted to do with Jacob, and I do not want to get him sick. So she sends me this text and I said, well, what do you want to do? She doesn't answer me, so I call her, and this is where I asked the listeners, Okay, I got to be a good husband here. I got her very sick wife at home. But I also have my son and his boyfriend in a hotel room waiting in Chicago. So I say to myself, well, what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna call Jacob and I'm going to see what Jacob's response is to his mom's being sick and then say, yeah, you know, I know she feels horrible because Chelsea was like really really sad. She could hardly talk. She blames Kevin by the way, fast did you text her?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I text her. She texts me and asks me, uh, when you got sick? What did it start with?
Speaker 4: And I could tell by the lining of questioning the reason for it.
Speaker 3: And her symptoms were.
Speaker 4: I think her started with her throw hurting. He started with a headache and then it went down nose and then throwers.
Speaker 1: Okay, so h are you guys making out a jingle ball? So I called Jacob up and he doesn't answer. I text him and said, because he's you know, he's Jacob's a psychologist. So he was in with patients. I said, hey, call me when you get a chance. He calls me right back. Within like ten or fifteen minutes. He says, everything okay, And I said, actually, mom is really really sick. Everything's gonna be okay. She's just got you know, sore throat and stuff like that. He's like, oh man, he was like you he was bummed, and he said, but you know, just you know, tell her don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Whatever the deal is.
Speaker 1: I said, let me ask you, would you be okay if I still came. He got really excited. And Jacob and I do not have the relationship that Chelsea and Jacob have. Chelsea and Jacob's relationship is like they are in you know, what is it a simpectico?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like they are like literally like how Kevin is with Josiah, how you are with Lucy, How I am with Joe, you know, and Luke we kind of you kind of have your your kids that you're really close with. And he was he seemed really excited. He goes, oh my god, that would be so great. He goes, that would be cool, Chris, and I will hang with you. And I'm like, okay, And I was excited about that. But then I hung up the phone and I go, I really feel like I'm being a dick husband because here she is, she just got over being really really sick, and then now she's sick with.
Speaker 2: This and I'm leaving her. I'm going out of town.
Speaker 1: She's got to take care of the dogs, you know, which the dogs are a holes, you know, why couldn't they be sick? You know, and so we're going, so going through this whole thing. So I kept asking her, Am I okay? Am I okay? And She's like, yes, go go go, So I go. And then I thought to myself the whole weekend, I'm like, oh, I don't think she's happy with me, you know, but I think you heard I don't think she's happy with me. Was I was also calling her every five minutes because I had guilt over the fact I was going.
Speaker 2: Did I do wrong by going?
Speaker 1: Or should I have stayed with Chelsea and just ate the hotel room for the night and just gave Jacob the tickets to go with Chris.
Speaker 5: One of his friends, think you one million percent, without question, made the right decision.
Speaker 2: You think so, yes. And by the.
Speaker 5: Way, when you're sick, you want to be by like at least me, I want to be by myself because all I'm going to do is sleep.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 6: And you had a great weekend with Jacob.
Speaker 2: I did have a great weekend with Jacob.
Speaker 3: I think you made the right decision. But I do know from what I've heard about people in relationships that are getting therapy, they keep telling me that you're supposed to make your spouse like priority.
Speaker 5: Yes, priority, get out of the house so I can just rest.
Speaker 1: Kevin was shaking his head over there. You guys are answering, what do you think was Chelsea alone? Chelsea had Luke at home.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: The only reason I say you're not an AO, and it's very tough for me to say that, is because Jacob really wanted you to go. Yeah, if Jacob had to said you know what, Dad, No, it's okay, moms, and you were just like, no, I understand this is important and you went, I'd be like.
Speaker 1: And honestly, that's how I felt like. If Jacob would have done that, I would have not gone, because honestly, I didn't want to drive eight you know, basically, it's nine hours of driving, it's four and half hours therefore and a half hours back.
Speaker 2: And it ended up being right.
Speaker 1: But I but I will tell you it was really fun to be able to just be me and I and try to be more present. But also we spent the day together on Saturday, just kind of hanging it at Jake's uh and Chris's condo that they live in, and I don't ever get to go over there.
Speaker 2: Like I'm never really.
Speaker 6: There as a mom like I love.
Speaker 5: I would love the idea of like dad getting to spend quality time with one of them.
Speaker 6: And I think that's really really important.
Speaker 1: And I will say this in our relationship, mine and Jacob's, it would not be anything if it wasn't for Chelsea. When Jacob was younger, saying to me, you need to find something that you can have with him, and for us it's always been like scary movies. This was pretty wild to go see, although Jacob was upset because he said I was looking at my phone NonStop.
Speaker 6: During the during the musical.
Speaker 1: During the musical, I didn't I didn't have it on or anything like that, but I was looking at it to see what the time was.
Speaker 2: What's up, Sarah? How you doing good? How are you good? Did I did I do wrong? Or what do you think? Am I the a hole? As Kevin says, You're not.
Speaker 3: The a whole.
Speaker 7: I think the fact that you feel like you're an a hole says enough that you're not an a hole and speak to the fact that you're a good husband. You asked Chelsea over and over again if it was okay, You were considerate of her and the fact that you feel so guilty about it, I just think shows that you're a good husband, because there's a lot of guys that would just go not even I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think the fact I feel guilty about it is the fact that I've done wrong a lot in this relationship, you know what I mean, Like I have not chosen Chelsea to be the priority in a lot of our relationship, and I feel like this could be considered one of those same times, and I, you know, that was like my biggest thing. And then the other thing too, is I didn't want it to become Sarah one of those things where it was like, oh good, we're not going, and then it makes it look like I don't care about Jacob, like I wanted to make the effort to go so that.
Speaker 8: Do you think.
Speaker 7: Chelsea would speak up and tell you though she was upset about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, now she would, I think after this whole thing, But I do really think I think she would have told me ahead of time and she didn't want me to go. Now, I will say this, she did say that the dogs were total.
Speaker 2: Pain in the ass.
Speaker 1: And why with the dogs, Well, I think Chelsea didn't want Luke to get sick, so she was staying away from Luke. But it is true though Luke should have helped you a little bit. I think, Marcia, what's up?
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 8: Sometimes things happened. I think your wife got sick only so you can spend time with your son and Chicago.
Speaker 1: Marcia got thank Marcia, you know what. Thank you for saying that, because honestly, it was a really cool weekend. We had really an awesome time.
Speaker 8: Touch Okay, one thing, it would have been great if you had got the got them a whole hotel, whatever you do with you if.
Speaker 1: I if I euthanized them, I should have euthanized them.
Speaker 2: This would be the reason to put them down. I should I should have put them down. What's up, Mike? How you doing?
Speaker 7: I'm doing fine?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 7: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: Good? Mike? This has turned into a version of am I the a whole? That was just the a whole move? But what are you serious? Speak on it? Mike? Do you think I'm an a hole for what I did? I love you guys.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: You gotta stick with your wife. Sorry, Mike, you don't happen to be a guy trying to hit on my wife, are you no? Okay? I'm just making sure on that one there.
Speaker 1: So I should have stuck with the be home with my sick wife, and she's my priority over my.
Speaker 3: Sons in my opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my wife, she used to be.
Speaker 7: A I don't know.
Speaker 2: She's kind of sweetheart. What do you think? Right there with you? Let's hear what she says.
Speaker 7: Actually, my wife agrees with you.
Speaker 2: Well, do you have an imaginary wife? I can't hear anybody. Where is she at?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Honey, where you at? Sweetheart? Sweetheart? Where you at?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 2: Hi wife? What did you want to What did you want to say? Mike's wife? Which? What's Mike's wife's name?
Speaker 3: Laura? Hi?
Speaker 2: La, Laura? What are you? What are your thoughts?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 8: I just think you she's gonna be homesick anyhow. So the kid wanted to go.
Speaker 1: So, okay, let me ask you. Is this guy just trying to cause problems in my relationship?
Speaker 8: I don't think so?
Speaker 2: Okay? Is he a good guy? Is Mike a good guy?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Definitely, he's the best. All right, that's great. Hold on a second, hold on, Kevin wants away? And what did you want to say? Kevin, I think Chelsea would be just okay, Kevin. Listener, Kevin, that's me, Mike.
Speaker 8: I think I think Chelsea would be just fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. I say that because my father passed away few years ago. So for me, I would die for my dad called me one last time and help me.
Speaker 1: So that I'm telling you, you never know when the last moment you're going to have a time to spend time with your kid.
Speaker 2: I want to make make every moment good. Yeah, you made a good.
Speaker 1: And thank god, I came home and Chelsea was was, you know, alive and everything was good.
Speaker 2: What's up, Joni? How you doing good? How are you? I can't believe you know that reference that's crazy? What's going on? Jonny? I have a quick question for you, Mojoe.
Speaker 8: Why do you think you were the a whole for doing what you did?
Speaker 1: Because because in the past my relationship with my wife, I have not made her the priority and and I felt like it was another one of those moments where in the past it's been worse moments. And in that I started thinking about that as I was driving, as I got to zeb Rhodes exit Therenarian RB, I'm like God, I shouldn't I should just turn around. And then I thought, you know what, Jacob was so excited when I talked to him, And Jacob does not seem like the type that would not tell me the truth of the excitement level, you know, like that was the thing.
Speaker 2: So that's why I felt that way, Okay, all.
Speaker 7: Right, as a mother of three boys, and if I were ill and I would be so thankful that my husband did that for.
Speaker 8: My son because of how you say your relationship is with the.
Speaker 6: Other two and not him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for you, that was amazing that you did that for him and his boyfriend. I think that's a beautiful thing that you did. So we had a great time.
Speaker 8: You did absolutely the right thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had a great time.
Speaker 1: We had a great time, and I love Chris and it was so much fun getting a chance to hang with those guys. It was wild. I will tell you. I have one thing though, I'm going to bring it up as a topic this week. I think I'm I'm I think I'm allergic to my uh my grand dog. They have a dog together, and that dog dog made me itch and scratch. It's I don't even know it like it looks like a mutt, you don't like any dogs. No, but I started itching and scratching. I had hair all over me. I was like, what the but I was there. I was taking it like a champ. I was sneezing, and I thought I was getting sick from Chelsea's only.
Speaker 2: Know. Their house is clean. Believe it or not. Their house is clean.
Speaker 1: They've got a little couple too many figurines and things I don't like they have. They have like they have like crazy stuff all over the place. Talk about Joe and his Star Wars stuff. These guys, Oh my god, it's like crazy. But but they're cute. They're they're they're they're two good, good guys.
Speaker 2: I love them.