Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and I'm demand, I mean, iHeart Radio app. This is the Petros and Money Show. You are one of the kind, hosted by Petros, Papaday Gifts, left school after sixth grade and the voice of the Bolts not Money Smith. The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show on the home of your world champion, Los Angeles Dodgers. Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio App. I mean, if the guy wants to stretch it out and cut people loose, it's his paras prerogative.
Speaker 2: It's the way that he wants to live. No one could tell him what to do though.
Speaker 1: It's call not ours. But it's a goddamn shit. Stop the show, just stop. I'm sorry, Ronnie, Stop the show.
Speaker 2: There's a lot I shouldn't have said that.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of anger.
Speaker 2: Gosh darn shame.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of anger. Matt is very unhappy. I was and a lot of.
Speaker 2: People on my way in and I was floating it just like, oh man, a couple game's over. At twelve forty, A couple things are going on twelve forty pm.
Speaker 1: Game is over. It's Tim for doing an hour and a half of Dodger Talk today, so we didn't have to listen to any uh Rogan and sometimes Rodney.
Speaker 2: Tim Kates is celebrating a birthday. Happy birthday, Tim k forty eight.
Speaker 1: And feeling sat just a rust shows.
Speaker 3: I'll see I have Facebook in ninety six.
Speaker 1: That's an breaks everybody, MK. I'm getting beaten down by life, beaten down by life.
Speaker 4: Look's going now?
Speaker 1: I'm getting beaten down belive, beaten down by lite. What's just saying? Now? He is down an organ? Yeah, he's missing that gallbladder, down an organ, But me sock just gained another kidney. So what a like that?
Speaker 2: Net Zero, Petruss and Money show on organs.
Speaker 1: Accept the organ, accept the organ, the organ, accept the organ. The Twitter bands in the sack, the man Das shots your bro, Boddy reject organ. Not enough Saziki.
Speaker 2: Body loves the order. No, we love Bro, but non Armenian organ.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: But Dave did the show.
Speaker 1: But no longer like driving my BMW don't.
Speaker 2: Know why drive Kia much more sensible, Bob.
Speaker 1: The Glendale City Council meeting popped off this week, somebody gave me a tip about the Glendale City Council and that was all over it. But anyway, Tim Kates is very upset. I'm upset. Well, it's Tim Kates's birthday. And I walked in and Michelle Cube, who's a lovely lady and takes care of everybody here at the station and and and in our station too. She shouldn't have to, she works at KFI, but she put up a happy birthday Kate signage, which was very nice. But when I got in here, because I was on my way up, and I said, man, this game is taken a while, and perhaps Rogan and Rodney are gonna get cut loose.
Speaker 4: But they weren't.
Speaker 2: But they weren't. Like as long as it was taking, it was still like that's.
Speaker 1: What she was going to do.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's what you say, Like they're still going to do at least I half.
Speaker 1: You can't say they weren't, because they were.
Speaker 2: They're going to do at least forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: And I was in the drive through at Chaano's of all places, at usc el Cuerto now and I cannot I can still confirm drive through speaker. Drive through speaker is still the same one that I grew up with. Come on, and yes, and they still have the net, the fishing net because it's on the wrong side. Yeah, unless you have a passenger and then college, you know, you do a lot of the time. So anyway, I was at Chaano's and I called Kate, you know, and it's like the fifth inning or something, and I was like, hey, tim rugular Rodney, aren't gonna have a show just like I said, And you guys yelled me down and Kate's and Kate's was like, what are you talking about, you stupid idiot? Even do at least a half hour geez.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he felt the same way I was thinking forty five minutes minimum.
Speaker 1: He called me a stupid idiot. And then when I came here to.
Speaker 2: Work, well, it's his birthday. He'll call you what he wants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know it was his birthday at that point until I got in here and saw the cube signage I got into the building.
Speaker 2: We're not a birthday A bunch on the show.
Speaker 1: I go up the stairs.
Speaker 4: There's no cake waiting for me somewhere.
Speaker 1: No, but we can DoorDash on the way, you know. Hey, with thirty one flavors trace le. You know there's thirty one flavors down the street. Were not DoorDash that right now if you want uh. I popped into the door and I heard Tim Kates from like at least twenty yards away, twenty meters. Tim Kate's saying, no, he cut him loose. He cut him loose, and him and Calling are arguing about how vast A is feeling good today. Wants to stretch out his legs.
Speaker 2: Tanie's first homer, BET's homer, Talker's first homer, and Vassay is.
Speaker 1: Gonna do the whole two hours, two twenty. That's not cool.
Speaker 2: And he is not game ended at twelve thirty nine.
Speaker 1: Dose pollos, no Moss. He is not going to ask for the relief of the Rogan and Rodney show. We can't start till three because we got it. Filter say you spell relief, vass e g e h. That's how those bastards got a Friday off. And Matt walked in here and Colin, ye, Matt, you know, like when Mickey Mouse is walking in all whistling like that meme where he's walking all hard and whistling with his gloves on rate Matt's like, have to do a half hour.
Speaker 2: They're gonna do a half hour.
Speaker 1: And I was like, not so fast, Matt, fast A.
Speaker 2: Cut him loose, and you stopped me dead in my track.
Speaker 1: And Matt looked at me as if he'd seen a ghost. I said, look, I might as well to shot him in the stomach, like Jack Ruby, Hey, Oswalt, I'd mean that. My initial response was f you. You know, don't play with me like that? Right, yeah, because I was so humiliated yesterday, like don't you play with I would like say that you have no concept of time, you stupid idiot. Right, you know how lot of the baseball Dodger games have been averaging two hours. At fifteen, he's gonna do a two hour, twenty minute Dodger talk.
Speaker 2: Okay, you have the.
Speaker 1: Head of a mule. I was destroyed, and now look what happened. You see what happens warriors, You see what happens when you make Colin. Ye stay until three o'clock before Colin could have gone home at two point fifteen, had a nice afternoon with the family.
Speaker 2: But no, I'm keeping.
Speaker 4: I'm kidding you to three.
Speaker 2: Doesn't Dave want to go to dinner? In Washington, d that's why he did it. Probably it's only six o'clock there now, Dinner probably wasn't until seven or seven thirty.
Speaker 1: And he's like, what I do sitingnel doo, Just dude, dune up. I'll tell everybody it was a good shoes.
Speaker 2: Still Earlin's going to dinner at six caught him loose cut Rogan and Rodney and he cut him loose.
Speaker 1: And how does that affect us? Not at all, just so everybody knows, does not affect us emotionally.
Speaker 4: It affects us. If I was doing postgame on a getaway day, boys.
Speaker 2: It affects us emotions. It actually benefits us because we have the Dodger talk leading. Sorry, Kate's if you were doing Dodger talk, i'd.
Speaker 4: Have been done by one forty five.
Speaker 1: Well that's what Kate said to me when I was in that drive through at Chatto's. And they do are hiring cashiers right now, okay, although they didn't put an R in cashiers. When the sign switcher says Harry's hiring Cashy's, Hey, cashy, Kate, Kate's sick thought I was doing. Don't get that show done? An hour twenty minutes.
Speaker 4: Could He said, how long does Dave have to go? Ninety minutes? I said, yeah, usually, but I can get it.
Speaker 1: Get that done.
Speaker 2: You could. You could have knocked that thing out in eighty minutes. It was over at twelve thirty nine. What about Let say, did you look at the list of callers?
Speaker 1: They started to heat up?
Speaker 2: He place the guy up on the hill. Who's the guy in Lake Arrowhead Caates? Yeah, that guy River of the world, Ralph you had Manny? Yeah, I am five aus he was on there all right?
Speaker 1: Start the show. I'm sorry, Ronnie, I'm sorry, great sports talk, a lonely impulse of delight, tom.
Speaker 2: Me Yukes, Spectrow, some money starting a four hour show.
Speaker 1: Not get a little better that you got it out?
Speaker 2: I do a little bit. You said it right, it's up to Dave. Dave's the one. But because of how disappointed Colin he was from the gallpin Ford broadcast booth adjacent I think you should have consulted, should have consulted with Colin. Colin, I'm thinking about taking it to three. Anywhere you got to be today? Where you do you have to be somewhere at three? You got something to do? Is there a youth group. Is there a nice young lady whose hand you may want to hold? Both of those things are true. But you know Dave's out there in DC. Why is he worried about what calling you? Well, that's what I mean. He's got nothing, He's got no attachments in the district. He's got nowhere to be. His family's back here missing pops. I think you're making a lot of the subject for the man. Are you just mad that Rogan and Rodney didn't have to work today?
Speaker 1: So what.
Speaker 2: You're right?
Speaker 1: I am?
Speaker 2: You're right?
Speaker 1: I am. I wanted you to work.
Speaker 2: I wanted you to be staring at that clock, going if it just goes twenty more minutes were in the clear, how great? And then see it end and be.
Speaker 4: Like son of a bit?
Speaker 1: Do you think it was an anchor off of Fred's shoulders when he knew that Vass cut him loose? Do you think Fred took flight in the desert like Icarus?
Speaker 2: If I'm being honest, I think that son of a bitch reached out to Dave and said, can you do me as solid? I've got something going on this afternoon. You're like mel Gibson conspiracy theory. It's spring break, spring breaking, Palm Springs kids are all grown, you know, I'm saying for the Rogan Report, he wants to get out on the pavement. There's no more spring break in Palm Spring to get some live shots.
Speaker 1: It's not like.
Speaker 2: Getting me.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Those mini trucks are slammed before he died. They're banging rock sets. The look Zinca is everywhere.
Speaker 1: No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no, no, no, no no, She's got the look.
Speaker 2: That's what's happening out there right now.
Speaker 1: Oh man. When I saw my brother all swall walking down the stripe and his underwear out like Mark Bark underwear.
Speaker 2: Exactly, that's what Fred's gotta get.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, no, no no no no no no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: She's got the look. That was just gay dudes.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but it's the Rogan Report and Palm Springs.
Speaker 1: Those gays want to see the news.
Speaker 2: You are gay, ry Am, I gee, you are gay?
Speaker 5: You are?
Speaker 1: Why are you gay? Why are you anyway? It's wonderful to be together, even though some people are extremely bitter.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: It's also a frog Man Friday, Frogmen Rowan islands are all large prisons. One cannot look at the sea without wishing for the wings of a swallow joe feeding boys from the ten known as Rock Peterson body showing a frog man. Friday accepts celebration of one man and the men and women that protect us from the fury of the Pacific Ocean, Coastguard, Lifeguards, Harbor Patrol, the Navy, Problem Man, Special Forces. We also celebrate the greatness of Mike Nelson, one of our favorite people of all time, played by Lloyd Bridges.
Speaker 2: More from his son later in Seahaunks.
Speaker 6: I knew the voice, but I had almost forgotten the face. And this last bars Cougarabe died at the hands of the other man. Had learned to live.
Speaker 1: The stream did to kill underwater.
Speaker 3: There were no scars, no wounds.
Speaker 6: To testify to what happened. They simply turned off the valve that delivered air to Dave Norfolk and watched him drown helpless. Then they turned the valve back on, knowing that when and if his body were found, he'd be just another scuba diver who met with a mysterious accident. It would be nothing to indicate homicide. I didn't know Dave Norfolk or his killers. I didn't know that I was soon to face those killers myself.
Speaker 1: Gabby, what are you nuts? We gotta get that stuff to Florida.
Speaker 7: Do you know what it's like these days? You've got the freaking Navy everywhere, you got frogmen, you got EC two's with the satellite tracking stuff. You've got the freaking bell to Nina, salt choppers up the ass. We're losing one out of every nine loads. That's no duckwalk anymore. Let me tell you, forget about money. What do you suggest as reasonable.
Speaker 1: Seat? You lave thumb.
Speaker 6: You gotta check out to the sheep Sunday your fine.
Speaker 4: Jesus, Jenny.
Speaker 1: We do have sound from eight point thirty this morning before the Dodgers show started of calling ye bringing Tim Kates his birthday cake. If you guys want to hear it, it's pretty good bath day, dear Daniel son by you. They're gonna have a little conversation out too.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I know what I'm wishing for.
Speaker 1: Dodger victory today. Very good, very good, your.
Speaker 8: Number one birthday present.
Speaker 1: He's gonna give him the gee to do this.
Speaker 3: What is this?
Speaker 1: Oh, there's cracking packs from Burbank Sports Cards. Oh mister, this is great, This is great.
Speaker 6: Where does this come from anyway?
Speaker 1: Wife? Missus me long time?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, if you ever want this this patch back, I'll understand.
Speaker 1: I know you understand because you talk to me about Trump that one night.
Speaker 3: All right, this is beautiful. This is great.
Speaker 2: At the tournament.
Speaker 1: This is a little little.
Speaker 8: Matter what Mauggy thinks. Mauggy not fighting.
Speaker 1: A lot of love between Kates and call don know if I knew enough karate you know, yeah, it's long's a good friend quality what you know, not quantity. Wait till the picture of you and Leslie falls out of the wall and.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, yeah, look look at this, Look at this, check that out.
Speaker 1: Now it's legal, Daniel Lusso.
Speaker 8: Yeah, congratulations, thanks kids.
Speaker 3: Legal Now yeah, I never know you have, sweetheart.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I don't see. That's stop this real quick, very awkward. Whenever Tim's wife calls during Dodger talk, calling gets a real forlorn look. And this is you know, I did not know different but say different.
Speaker 6: Different but different?
Speaker 1: God I love different but different too bad?
Speaker 3: Mother?
Speaker 1: Not Oh shoot.
Speaker 3: Shoot da oh mister me, I gotta go. I was supposed to be my mother. She was going to make the surprise cake for me. I wasn't supposed to know about it.
Speaker 1: Mother too, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Mother to sus.
Speaker 1: Something to show you. Number two birthday present, Matt, number two.
Speaker 2: You know you just get you the jack dryer. Tim, I'm serious, I'm serious.
Speaker 3: Choose, Come on, man, what.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no, no, hurt old man feeling, Matt, you gotta choose.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, take the drop top.
Speaker 3: I can't believe it. Oh, oh wow, what a gift.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a gift. Cats and calling, keep playing. I want to hear the BONZEI all the way to the bonzeis dog tags, dog tags because Meg okay, now he fought in the war like Dave Roberts, just.
Speaker 8: To remember ricens never replace.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bring, I'm just scared. You know, the tournament and everything the tournament.
Speaker 8: You remember, listen about the I'm just scared.
Speaker 1: Brogan and Rodney might have to do a half hour.
Speaker 8: Listen, not just caught at the only listen for whole life. Whole life, aplans.
Speaker 1: Everything be.
Speaker 2: Lest some of that nighttime in the crickets, beautiful rickets in the valley.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I understand, could be fan eyes.
Speaker 1: Oh wow's got the whole setup, you know, like the Chinese restaurant in the back.
Speaker 3: Now, you're the best friend I ever had.
Speaker 1: That's what that the cats and Colin moment. Dude, pretty okay yourself.
Speaker 8: Katy Okay, they cool. Go find the ballance.
Speaker 1: Ba ba banjo?
Speaker 2: What did Colin you get you for your birthday? Cakes? Did he get you a sweet Studa baker? No, it's just his friendship he gave me. That's what he brought.
Speaker 1: What have you got him? That custom lunch box you got him?
Speaker 2: All that stuff that was for Christmas? That's okay, you know, you know birthdays there for young kids and old people. Did he did he get you the missing baseball cards?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, No, would have been kind of cool to get that missing card. Will climb five dollars and forty cents over.
Speaker 1: He didn't get you anything, even though you told him that he's the best friend you've ever had.
Speaker 4: And then I yelled bonza no, And I was gonna get breakfast Britos for us this morning, but I was running late, so I didn't have time to stop.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well that's a bummer of a start to your birthday. Well I got in and you get the day off on your birthday kind of bs is that.
Speaker 1: Colin, You're the best friend I've ever had.
Speaker 4: It's been a good day though, guys. I got to go home and rest and see my wife. So it was fun that what you guys call it. I literally felt.
Speaker 2: Little rest came in, did the Dodgers on deck, went home, went back to bed.
Speaker 4: Went back to bed. Cup of coffee, Timmy, what.
Speaker 2: Do you want for your birthday?
Speaker 1: Just some peace and quiet alone?
Speaker 2: Just an hour.
Speaker 1: And I'm upset, Okay, give me anything. Happy birthday to Tim Kates. Not since mister Miagi and Daniel LaRusso has an Asian and white man had such a great relationship.
Speaker 2: It's Tim Kates and Colin. Ye, they're very good friends. Innocent, it's faithful.
Speaker 4: How about this one?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 5: This message is for Tim Kates. I'm the manager here at Burbank Sports Cards and the special Someone told us it was your birthday today, Tim.
Speaker 1: We just like to wish you a very happy birthday. Now.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm a listener from Denver, Baza.
Speaker 3: Bye the.
Speaker 1: I'm just worried about the tournament.
Speaker 4: You know, I think you and Colin are really into this.
Speaker 1: Bye bye, Why by the Cats Dodgers win. We've got four hours of radio and Rogan and Rodney. They never even got off the bench. We'll be back with Don McLain, our BFF with the latest on the final four Lakers. Luca blows his leg and they got blown out. Maybe we'll ask about the Clippers in the draft. More Petrosen money next, This is petros Money on to Mad Demand.
Speaker 2: Petro Some Money. AM five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. If you're in the Greater LA area, maybe posted up at work today throwing those uh buds or the headphones and what you have on that iHeartRadio app. Dodger Baseball, that's right. It is available through the AM five to seventy LA Sports tab Gffence if you're in the Greater LA area. G Offence is still up and not manipulated as much as it used to be. I have not handed over the password, my man, I still control it. You got to call me for access. Thirteen to victory earlier Otani, that's Tucker All with home runs earlier today. If you want to relive Dodger Talk, it was on for like four hours. Feel free to do that on the iHeartRadio app as well.
Speaker 1: Joining us right now on your Southern California Toyota Dealers celebrity hot line. Here in the talk tournament, Here to talk hoops, Here to talk off season, draft analysis and preparation with CAA final Farx coming up this weekend. We've got the leading scorer in the history the BAC twelve. His statue in Leven Park stands above the white people of Siami Valley, white people, letting them know. My hero walks among you here in Venture County, and his name is donal Klint. The next ass he kisses will be the first. He is the Baron of Box Canyon, and he's here once again on his favorite time slot, a Friday, to get ready to discuss what's new in the world of hoops. And Hi, Don, how are you? I'm doing great.
Speaker 5: We have had a good run of Fridays here for the last month or two, haven't we.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we know where you like that. You like to lather up those you like to grease those kids on a Friday. Gotta get down on Friday, like Rebecca Black Camp McClain is getting started. Yeah. The kid that seems like is that Cooper Flag there whistling in the backgrounds as the young man the young millionaires march to your gym with c AA to get the year started.
Speaker 8: Don.
Speaker 1: You coach the hell out of these guys and help them get ready for the draft. And it's something we've done for a long time, and you're not just doing some jibbronis off the street that are gonna make the g lead talking about lottery players every single year. How's Camp McClain shaping up this year?
Speaker 5: Don, It's gonna be good, little different than last year. It kind of cycles because you know, when you spend as much time and energy and resources as you do on a kid like Cooper Flag, you know the next year maybe it's not as big, but then the next year it comes back again. So we don't have as many top top guys this year as we did last year, but we got we got a good group. We have three guys still playing this weekend at Die Marra Mores Johnson and Silo Stemmery And so we'll wait for them to come out that We'll probably give them some time off and then they'll come. But we got a good group, good good guys that are hungry that probably have second round grades right now, or at least that's what their range is. We're going to try and get them into the first.
Speaker 2: Don You mentioned it, and it felt like a long shot when they were sitting at fifteen wins, the worst record in the league, and not looking like they had any interest in winning any more games. But Pacers have won two in a row. They're playing a lot better basketball, and they now have more wins than the Wizards and they are tied with the Nets. Point being those lottery balls don't bounce their way and the Clips could be in line for the number four overall pick. As someone who's done his due diligence on this draft, what would we be looking at if the Clips are lucky enough to step into pick four or five or six or something like that in this draft.
Speaker 5: Well, the interesting part is they got Darius Garland in a trade obviously this year. But a Cuff I think is right in that range, that number four player. I don't think he's going to get into the top three. But Darius a Cuff of Arkansas really good player. I really like him. He's not one of our guys, but just watching him at the end of the season, he's got a pro game already, so if it does happen, it'll be interesting to see what the Clippers do. Maybe you draft him and he kind of learns behind Garland and some of the other Clipper guards. But anywhere you pick in the top I'm gonna say the top twelve this year, you're probably getting an immediate rotation player, guy that can step in and play right away.
Speaker 1: Only Don McClain is our guest. Don you mentioned a die Mora still in the final four this year. Recently you mentioned thinking Michigan was the best team, and you called a bunch of big ten games all season long. Do you still feel like Michigan's the best team left after watching the way the tournament has played out.
Speaker 5: I do, but not by a lot. You know that game tomorrow is going to be just I hope it's what it looks like it's going to be on paper, because if it does, it's going to be one for the ages. I still think Michigan has too much side. You know, Arizona has mauled people on the inside, bludgeoned them in the pain at the rim, offensive rebounding. I think Michigan has enough size if they want to go big with that big lineup with Mara, Mares Johnson and lend Aboard, that they can They're not going to stop it, but they can slow it down, and I think that gives them the advantage. But they have to make enough threes. And I think because Arizona doesn't shoot a lot of three, that's always kind of the equalizer. If they cut off one thing, but we make threes, we can still win the game. I think that's going to be the difference. If Michigan can make enough threes, they win the game. Probably going away.
Speaker 2: Other game, don Illinois Yukon thought everybody assumed it was going to be Illinois and Duke after Illinois knocked out Iowa. But Duke watches an eighteen point lead disappear. I'm guessing you watch the game. People are saying that that Mullen shot is in the conversation as the greatest if Yukon goes on to win in the history of the tournament. Your thoughts on that shot, how hard of a shot it was to make and how unlikely that win was.
Speaker 5: It's a lot like Lightners, wasn't it. Yeah, Well, it wasn't a design play. That's the difference Laighteners. They designed that play. I'm sure they practiced it and they executed it. Mullins was a bang bang. The interesting part about that Mullen shot for me is he had been struggling from three. He hadn't been shooting well. And when you're as good of a shooter as he is and you're struggling, it becomes in your head like you start thinking about it, you start pressing, and you start missing more. Well, in a play like that, there's no time to think. You just react, and if you're a good shooter, you make shots like that. But give him credit, give the whole Yukon team credit for understanding time and score, how much time they did or didn't have, and he made the shot. But I think this, and I've thought this during the year, I think Illinois is going to beat them. I just think Illinois, with their size at all positions, they are the biggest team in the country. I'm not sure this isn't a vintage Yukon team. They're good. Obviously they're in the final four. But I just think Illinois if they same thing, if they make threes, I'm not sure Yukon has enough inside because they have multiple guys that can guard read and kind of even if he scores, they can use fouls and just kind of overwhelm them. So I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Michigan Illinois final.
Speaker 2: You'll be able to hear those games on our sister station, AM eleven fifty tomorrow here and there. You hear the Clippers on AM five seventy as well. Before we get to the clips, though, don the Lakers last night a lot of people talking about, okay and measuring stick game, this is what the playoffs are going to look like? And man was it ugly. It was sixty to thirty in the second, it was ninety to sixty in the third.
Speaker 1: I got it. It was got interesting late.
Speaker 2: What should we take away from an absolute beating from a team that looks like nothing can stop them?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 5: I think a lot, Matt. I think, Look, the Lakers, I feel like have done a little better than what people expected this year, and there was some expectation there, and they're in a good spot. But if we're talking about winning the whole thing, or at least winning the Western Conference and getting too the finals, you saw last night, how far away they are from that team? Yeah, I'm pretty sure Oklahoma City talked about that before, like, Okay, these Lakers think they got they got enough, and they're playing better and they've won a bunch of games. All right, let's let's uh re establish who the best team in the West is. And it was pretty obvious last night that's what happened.
Speaker 1: I don't know, don you know, it felt like they had a pack that they weren't even gonna let Brownny take the ball up. I think they Yeah, they might have had a little bit of an end. It was only on back to back to back bringing the ball, But I would.
Speaker 5: Say that, but I would say this, guys like the Oklahoma City are defending champions and if you go on ESPN or all these websites, there's so much coverage of the Lakers. Yeah, I'm pretty sure the thunder were like, you know what, let's let's like I said, let's re establish who who the big dogs are around here? And they and they made a statement. And I think if you're a Laker fan, you feel good about the team's pretty good and they're going to finish wherever in the West. But like they have no chance against Oklahoma City in a seven game series.
Speaker 2: Zero there was enough the measuring stick game in town last night, Don, I witnessed it firsthand. Even without wembin Yama. The Clippers were absolutely eviscerated down by twenty by the end of the first quarter. They made a run late and then found themselves on the wrong side of a twenty three point loss. I think is ultimately what it became. Same sort of thing when people were saying, well, you know, the Clippers get the seven seed. You got a young, inexperienced Spurs team, and it certainly did not look like that at all.
Speaker 5: Last night you said it Matt without win Binyama, Yeah, and it looked like that. So what's it gonna look like when he plays? And if you do get into a series with him, I mean, it's look, if you're a Clipper fan, same thing. Do you feel good that the season started as bad as it did and he rallied and you're now going to be in the plane. But like, if we're talking about winning the West, it's not even close. It's not for them either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don you tell him, Don mcleain, it's obvious he sure is. Matt was there, he saw it. Beautiful stadium though it is.
Speaker 5: Why were you there?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Just had somebody give us a suite for the kids and stuff and took the whole Yeah, it was great. It was a great experience until Yeah, you saw Wembin Yama walk out with street clothes and you're like, oh, yeah, everyone's really excited to see that guy play, and this place is sold out and people were here for the tip, and there's that guy in black pajamas.
Speaker 5: Great.
Speaker 1: I got thrown out halfway through the first quarter, thrown out of Matt Sweet. I was drunk and so disappointed. Get him disorderly. Don Are you surprised Tommy Lloyd is staying in Arizona and who's Who's North Carolina going to hire it?
Speaker 5: I'm not surprised, Pevee, that he's staying, but it didn't it seem like for the last couple of weeks he was for sure taking that job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the way he was talking with his big head I.
Speaker 5: First, Yeah, I for sure thought he was taking the job by how he was responding to questions and all that. But look, Arizona's a great job, always has been. And I was surprised when I was thinking that he was taking the North Carolina job. And also I was thinking was they're probably doubling his salary or something like that. But the fact that he stayed in Arizona probably helps them tomorrow against Michigan because the players might have been thinking, well, you know, he's not telling us, but maybe he's leaving, and you know, we don't play as hard or as well as we can. So I think that adds to the game tomorrow. But to who North Carolina is going to get, I don't know. They've always kind of kept it in house and tried to have somebody with ties to the school and all that, but I don't know who that is now. But a lot of guys have gotten a lot more money resigning with their own schools because of their name being affiliated with that North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Like the football season with Penn State.
Speaker 2: Exactly, Dona just sticking with the college. Then, because you mentioned we know the names, like the bands and how much money he got from BYU and Peterson the kid at Kansas. You mentioned a cuff from from Arkansas, Caleb Wilson, North Carolina. Who's the best Who's the best player left in the tournament in the final four.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's a good question. The best player left is it?
Speaker 2: Lendeborg is it is.
Speaker 5: The highest, Well, the guy that's going to get drafted highest is Woggler, and then probably behind him Lendeborg. But I think Lendeborg has shown he's got another gear here late in this tournament, so I wouldn't be surprised if Lendeborg's the best player this weekend and on Monday if they do win tomorrow. I think Woggler is going to be a terrific player at the next level. I don't think he's ready yet, but because he had such a great year, he's going to get drafted, probably in the top ten, and Lendeborg's probably somewhere between ten and twenty. But I think Lendeborg on Monday night we'll be saying was the best player this weekend?
Speaker 1: Want and only Don McLain. I think if you put your ear by the ten freeway, you can hear the whistling tall young man coming out for Camp mcclan marching in Unison, ready to get worn out so they can improve their draft status with the best of the best.
Speaker 5: Hard that maybe we can warm up to that sound every morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like parent trap. Yeah, it's right, all right, Don, have a great day. Thanks for doing it. Enjoy your weekend, all right, Don McClane, everybody, and we'll be back.
Speaker 2: That's how we come to work every day, right up the staircase.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The only difference is we hold a lunchbox.
Speaker 2: Walk by Padd O'Brien smoking a cigarette out there, Lea, get it. That's David, thank.
Speaker 1: You, walk by Olive in time, Oh ye, walk by all at least. Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we got three and a half hours and not quite three and a half hours left.
Speaker 1: Scorekeeping's not going to help you feel any better.
Speaker 2: You're right, it doesn't. No, it doesn't at all.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back with more great sports talk. It's a program Man Friday on Petterson Money, Southern California's most listened to sports talk show. This is Petro Send Money on demand.
Speaker 2: I thank you, It down McClain, going until seven o'clock tonight. Dodgers already played, Dodgers already won. They will play again tomorrow at one o'clock. Clippers will play Sunday at six o'clock. Both those games right here on A five seventy. As we mentioned with Don, if you want the final four, we have that on our sister station, AM eleven fifty.
Speaker 1: That's right, we do, Matt. A lot of people looking forward to the Final Four, even though UCLA is nowhere near it. But the Lady Bruins play tonight against Texas, the only team that beat them this year, car close and the Lady Bruins taking on Texas tonight. But baseball all weekend and early baseball on Monday. Matt and I will be on from one to three on Monday. If you're a Rogan and Rodney fan, you're getting starved out of your content. But Great Sports Talk lives on everything. Great Sports Talk podcastable and ready to rock on the iHeart Radio app for your smartphone. We look forward to hearing from you. And don't forget about the talkback button while you're listening, and we have an event coming.
Speaker 2: Has the talkback button been up there four years.
Speaker 1: Seven, twenty nineteen, I mean, just dice, they re upped it. We got to start doing this talk. Hey, we're redoubling our efforts.
Speaker 2: You've got to start doing the talk.
Speaker 1: We're efforting to promote the talkback. It's not just spartan in jars now, Tim, don't we have an event a week from next Friday from today, I don't know what you're talking about. Did it get canceled?
Speaker 4: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Are we going somewhere?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 4: Are you talking about a remote? I'm my Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about a remote. Do we have anything in April or is it May?
Speaker 1: I remember April.
Speaker 4: I think there's a b Jays in May that is scheduled for you guys?
Speaker 1: All right, forget?
Speaker 4: I asked, Yeah I don't Yeah, yeah, wrong show.
Speaker 1: Is there another show going out?
Speaker 2: I think News and Bruce is out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're going out a different places.
Speaker 2: I think they're going to Emmett Oh, beautiful hemmet.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 2: I think they're going to Emmitt.
Speaker 1: Well, middle aged men from all over the IEU and a line up to see Shannon Farron.
Speaker 4: Actually it's a menafee Matt.
Speaker 2: Same difference.
Speaker 1: It is not the same. I have a few text us us here line brought to you by your sokel Toyota dealers. We make it easy. The best part about the Nats leaving that good Greek Michaelas out there to die because he got out there that what is his name, Miles Michaelas, Yeah, he was out there just dying. He threw a hundred almost one hundred pitches. They left him out there, and yeah, he gave up at because their bullpens really jacked up the curly w and he gave up eleven runs, which is the most any National or Expo has ever given up. It's a franchise congratulations record. And this says, Hey, Pee, just wanted to let you know there are a lot of oh wait, a good Greek like Michaelas out there to die. It means Fred probably won't get on the air today. This guy saw it coming way earlier in the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, like before noon, we assume that the you know, Nats might hit. They were scoring on Shean with relative ease. It felt like it was going to be a three hour game. It wasn't. It was a two hour and thirty seven minute game. They were done at twelve thirty seven. That means Passay is still cut them loose, two hours and twenty three minutes between the confascinating games. Still cut them loose, and you're very very chuffed cut him.
Speaker 1: Loose about it. Cut them loose, Hey Pee, I just wanted to let you know there's a lot of nolgnaus out here. For the Ontario Tower Buzzers game. Dave Weast needs to get you guys out here to the ie prompto.
Speaker 3: What I.
Speaker 1: Did see some instagram about the now goneas at the omt Ontario Park thing, and.
Speaker 2: We weren't invited out there. You would think we would be.
Speaker 1: Were we going to be invited? Kates?
Speaker 4: Is there anything there was no Dodger game? Is there anything to say about got no invitation? There was nothing sent to the station to have a five seventy out there?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Are your Dodger stations? What about Clyle? Did Clyle ask us to go?
Speaker 4: Nothing from Klyyle. She sent about a thousand other messages, but nothing about them there.
Speaker 1: Ok.
Speaker 2: Do we know if any other stations tried to undercut us? I'm sure it happened, and show up there because that would be incredibly upsetting. K Frog, K Frog's out there, they are out there. We got problems.
Speaker 1: Another text, also the secret text Dosa line, brought to you by your Sokel Toyota dealers. We make it easy. This talkback segment's gonna get you guys into the radio Hall of Fame for chicken effing Yeah.
Speaker 2: But then this one right out the other side. We don't need the talkback.
Speaker 1: We have the text dosso, yeah, but we can't tell just how Latino you are on the text dosso sometimes it helps to hear just how deeply Latino the listener base is, and the talkback helps that.
Speaker 3: Hey, Petro send money.
Speaker 2: You're Latino.
Speaker 5: You're not going to change who you are just because some horse shakes are as.
Speaker 2: That's a three piece combo right looking for right there, you're la Fino.
Speaker 1: And yes, matt if.
Speaker 3: You're not going to hide whom we are just because some horse shakes her eyes.
Speaker 2: Man, if he is, haven't adjacent, So you were right.
Speaker 1: Hey David, going to love you man.
Speaker 6: Thanks for your dogs, dogs, your knowledge, and as far as Petros and money are concerned, hey, you keep those pole smokers in their place.
Speaker 2: Love the way you treat them. Thanks buddy, He does keep the pole smokers in their place.
Speaker 1: Smoke a pole, yeah, right on, right on our knees, so we do hawking horn all are uh uh all right, We'll be back, Thank you, tim uh word number song of the day coming up. Welcome to the NHL Conor Happy frog Man Friday