Speaker 1: Mac. Have you ever noticed when taking a look or listening to old stuff, I like old stuff. It's not as good or as funny as you remember Slash as you were told it was.
Speaker 2: So are we talking our childhood? Are we talking older than that?
Speaker 1: Let me tell you the example that I would like to give you. Okay, yesterday my son was singing the old mosquito commercial, Hello Mata, Hello Fada, I have mosquitos they really bother or something, and I said, oh, that's from originally the Hello Mada, Hello Fada camp Granada song. Yes, so I popped on Alan Sherman. It was a live album I believe from the early nineteen sixties. I played it for what I thought was three minutes. It was forty five seconds.
Speaker 2: Well, first things first, long songs didn't start happening until like the late sixties early seventies. I would say ninety percent of the Beatles' discography is under three minutes, So that's a thing that that also was occurring. Also, like if you listen to a Beach Boys album, it's a lot of.
Speaker 1: Two Alan Sherman to the Beach Boys and the Beatles. What is happening right now?
Speaker 2: I'm just saying the length lengthwise, that's the reason for that. I don't know if you're talking things that stand up stand the test of time. Music, television, and movies are like the three we focus on, right because it's the main art form that America has been known for over the last century. I think that's why you and I, because we're smart, recognize how great the Beatles were and still are because they stand the test of time. I talking about the Beatles, the Stones, Zeppelin, few of them, you know, they stand the test of time. And we start talking about movies like Psycho stands the test of time. Josh, So, I think we are at a point in like digital media history where I don't know if anything's gonna st the test of time because now everything is like so simple, so you know, nothing's really unique. And when we get unique things, let's say, like everything everywhere alt once or something like that, a brand new artist that somehow is like shot genre bending, those things really stand out, and then those end up being those things that stand the test of time. But then sometimes you see and I think it's more so with music. You know, you have like a new for example, Jason L. D. You know, Jelin' on a dirt Road. That was the first country song that ever got like a little hip hoppy, and we've seen that kind of room country music over the last fifteen to twenty years, So there's also things like that that occur. So I don't know, it's an interesting conversation.
Speaker 3: Mister Madison. What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered irrational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Speaker 1: What a roundabout from me talking about Alan Sherman.
Speaker 2: How do you just get the wheels going?
Speaker 1: We're also this is a comedy album, and on the leading on every single punchline, everyone in the audience is going wild. They think it's the funniest thing in the world.
Speaker 2: You know, it doesn't stand on the test of time comedy albums now.
Speaker 1: I will also think of I'm assuming that when I eventually show my son my favorite comedy movies from the nineties, he's not gonna like those.
Speaker 2: As much as the nineties was fun because we lived through it as young tikes. I think in the eighties a bit suffers from this. The nineties is not gonna age well. The nineties already hasn't aged. Well. There's a lot of things. The nineties was a weird intersection of pop culture, internet and world wide access, and it made very interesting creations.
Speaker 1: According to Google ai Overview, Alan Sherman was an incredibly clever and highly regarded comedic genius, widely considered the founding father of modern musical parody.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's true.
Speaker 1: Eggs on my face.
Speaker 2: Here's a question for you. It is where Al Yankovic hold up?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? Where Al does he talks about food? We still eat food, being fat? People are still fat?
Speaker 2: Sure? Sure, sure.
Speaker 1: He went to Kurt Cobain and he said, hey, can I do smells like teen Spirit? And Kurt's like, I don't want another song about food? And Al said, what if we do it about how no one understands what you're singing? And Kurt said, that's funny. Do that one?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 4: Three?
Speaker 1: Yeah, jobs, three, King of Queen Good, Middle Street entertain I'm good and I'm Mac and we are the Mac and Goo program. We bring you what you've all been waiting for.
Speaker 2: This is years in the making. This is something that decades.
Speaker 1: People have been allowing their fishies for months weeks.
Speaker 2: Today, good and I have bringing you yet another Trios draft, Lil drafts three today, and it's gonna be summer based.
Speaker 1: It's the summer fun packed draft.
Speaker 2: Summer based. The first one is gonna be things with summer in their name, title person. Summer's got to be somewhere in the name. The middle part of the draft. The second draft will be ice cream flavors. That's right, We're creating an ice cream sandwich today because the third part, the bottom part of the sandwich or the top part, depends how you want to look at it. Goo right, is gonna be summer activities. We will be drafting summer activities, things to do in the summer.
Speaker 4: And now time for what you've have been waiting for. The Yeah, right now, when the streets are paid with gold. We don't want no deadh us, Only ducky shine crackers. A Buddy Doddy may do, but no gobbledy cook. Only the best of the best will be taken in the draft. But not just any old draft. It's the macin wool draft.
Speaker 1: So as I explain what this first one is, Mac, please flip the coin and get this ready. I choose tails for the name for the summer name draft. This is either a post thank you person, athlete, a character.
Speaker 2: Heads.
Speaker 1: It's heads, So you get first pick or a second pick. What do you want?
Speaker 2: I'll take first pick.
Speaker 1: I figure and I know exactly who you want. I will say it's also song, television, show, movie, anything with summer or summers in the name or title. Mac, what is your first pick in the summer draft?
Speaker 2: Without further ragu I am going to select something I don't even think is on your board because I'm so creative. Here, kuh the nineteen ninety two Barcelona Summer Olympics aka the Dream Team. Give me that number one overall in the summer draft.
Speaker 1: You're right, I did not have Summer Olympics. This is kind of I'm not so I can't take any other Summer Olympics. You took the best summer Olympics. I will give you.
Speaker 2: That's sort of how the rules go.
Speaker 1: Wonderful job, And with that move, I will jump into I believe the best summers around a dominant force in the late seventies, and then popped back on the radar eighties nineties thigh Master Suzanne Summers.
Speaker 2: Yeah good one, real good one. YEP. I like that.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised you're such a big Suzanne Summers, especially once she came back in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Love Suzanne Summers, and I think that if something as unique as the Dream Team wasn't on the board, she would have been my first overall selection.
Speaker 1: I think right now, because we're going to go six rounds, I'm creating the Summer dream Team by starting with I would call the Jordan of Summers Suzanne Well.
Speaker 2: I took Jordan in the Summer in nineteen ninety two, specifically peak Jordan.
Speaker 1: Just keep on going in circles, big donk. That's all you can do with a second overall pick in the Summer's Draft. Summer or Summer's Draft, I will take I believe the best character with the name Summers, Buffy Summers.
Speaker 2: Ooh good one, goo good one. You get good back to backs here. Those those are high on my list.
Speaker 1: I know I have the Paul vote now.
Speaker 2: I like where you went here. Just starting off with characters as opposed to things or or titles. Strong strong one two combo with Suzanne Summers and Buffy Summers. That's gonna kind of allow me to let some people fall down the draft here though, because you already took two.
Speaker 1: People, you don't know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm actually gonna end up getting my number two selection here too. You took my three and four or SummerSlam WWF Summer Slim too, going here at the turn.
Speaker 1: You're all about the events right now, you're going, I like.
Speaker 2: A summer event. I love a summer event, and maybe I could even draft both of these in the second draft. But Summer Slam is always a blast, always something other than WrestleMania that the rest of the world, the rest of the wrestling fans look to, and then go, I'm gonna take I think the best song that defines this the Summer of sixty nine by Brian Adams. I hate that everyone knows that song, whether you eat it, love it or hate it, thinks it is an absolute banger to sing it, get it gets the folks go in Summer of sixty nine Brian Adams.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're I'm gonna swerve to now because the music there are some great songs, Yeah, there is which Summer in it because there are so many. I'm gonna take out what I believe to be the best Summer movie because it's a bit of a thin list, and this one didn't get off to a hot start, but for time it has built maybe one of the best cult followings of all time for a comedy, and that is wet, Hot American Summer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a great one, defines cult classic. When they came back with the sequel with Michael showalk to being one hundred and eighty pounds heavier than he was when they were made the first one, one of the funniest things that's ever happened.
Speaker 1: I will now go with and once again tough because six rounds for this six rounds, six rounds. I will now go with, I believe the best Summer song one where even if you have all sorts of things, all sorts of nasty things to say about this artist, you cannot deny that this one is a real knee banger me slap as you can tell. I Know music Summertime by the Fresh Prince and DJ Jazzy Jeff.
Speaker 2: Good one, good one. Yeah, it's like six of on my list, but that's a good one. There's six bangers on the list to take this movie before you end up with the only two summer movies. I know what you did last summer?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, do you want that? Or do you want I still know what you do?
Speaker 2: Now I'm gonna take the first game.
Speaker 1: Do you mean the one from ninety seven or the one from twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take the one from ninety seven starring Goo, Shara Michelle Geller. So maybe I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Get Paul who was getting the Paul Phoe.
Speaker 2: And Jennifer love Hewitt, Goo, Come on, I get them both. That was a mistake for you to not take I know you did last summer because I just scooped up J L H and SMG.
Speaker 1: What you could have gotten Brandy in the second one and Jack Black.
Speaker 2: Strong point by by Goo. All right, So got a movie, I got a song? Good. I'm gonna take a summersault, just doing a summersault. I'm gonna take a summer salt, favorite thing I love doing. Who doesn't love a summersault? You can summersault for fun, you can summersault off things onto things. Who doesn't love a summersault?
Speaker 1: Use it as a tactical move.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: If someone's going to puncha you somersault and right now, wow, all right, you might have just won, might have just taken me down with that one.
Speaker 2: What do I do?
Speaker 1: How do I swerve after that? Gotta go with I would say the maybe our greatest modern day poets. Okay, they were able to rhyme Hornets with Sorenets. I will take Summer Girls by Lfo.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, I I I don't love that one. I don't love that one, but you took it.
Speaker 1: That's because, as you showed us in the open, you don't understand music. Now with my fifth pick, this is once again a six round draft.
Speaker 2: This your sixth pick. It's my fifth because I have one pick left.
Speaker 1: This is oh no, this is my last pick. Am I gonna do this? I am gonna do this? That's fine. Let's go with the host of Double Dare Mark Summers.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, yeah, that's a good one. That's a good one. And I'm glad you left me to select between my final two here. I wanted to get one of these. Well, you named two of the four humans characters that I wanted. I'm left here with Missus irrelevant coup either Donna Summer or Summer Sanders. I'm gonna take and tie it into my first pick, who won two gold medals at the nineteen ninety two Barcelona Summer Olympics. Summer Sanders had the host of Figure it Out and the host of Inside Basketball on the weekends, Amadra Shad.
Speaker 1: Figure it Out was the one where you get slimmed.
Speaker 2: Right, Figure it Out was the one where you get slimmed.
Speaker 1: That's every Nickelodeon show. I just fooled you. Figure it Out was the one that every episode you always had Josh Server and Danny TAMBERLAINI.
Speaker 2: And what the lri Beth Denburg was there often as well.
Speaker 1: I feel like Dinberg and Server swapped out a lot. Ken Thompson also usually there. And then the older gentleman from all that, the bald fella who loved the big ear of corn. He was there a lot too.
Speaker 2: Honorable mentions in the songh, my god, there's so many. So I had four songs left. Cruel Summer by Taylor Swift my second favorite Tea Swift.
Speaker 1: I have Cruel Summer by Byana Rama. Okay, all right, which I listened to it yesterday again fucking rules.
Speaker 2: If Keith was making a list here, he'd have Summertime Sadness by Lana del Rey on his uh. I nearly went Summer Nights from Greece over the summer of sixteen by Danny and Sandy, by Danny and Sandy.
Speaker 5: Shammer, I went a little bit low by Horse after two Noah con concerts.
Speaker 1: Tell me more, Tell me more?
Speaker 2: Did she put up a fight?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: Uh huh, I don't know if I like that lyric anymore?
Speaker 2: No, that did not age? Well?
Speaker 1: Well, what else did they ask him? Actually? I know the the ladies asked a lot of like, hey, does he have a job.
Speaker 2: What are his prospecshu?
Speaker 1: So I think I would say Marty. No, I would say Jan asked about his job prospects. And then Marty and media is like what bigs is cock?
Speaker 2: If we had the MFK, the six or the five Pink Ladies.
Speaker 1: We did recently talk about this, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: Is Marty number one? Sandy in her final form is probably number one? Is Marty number two?
Speaker 1: Well, so you'd want to marry Sandy in her first form?
Speaker 2: Half Sandy in her final form?
Speaker 1: So I guess we're just gonna Jan.
Speaker 2: No, you gotta kill a Rizzy. You gotta kill a Rizo.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Pinky, Jan and Rizzo are all tough. We toss them in a bag. But let's not let's not leave out the tea birds. They're all pretty crappy too.
Speaker 2: You also the Boys of Summer by Don Henley, great absolute banger. And then I had the aforementioned Donna Summer, and then three things here left the Summer Blockbuster I thought would have been a good option if I was running thin at the end. Summer Camp always fun, always fun, might be you might see that in the next one. And then goo you you mentioned uh, Billy Shakespeare. You could have drafted a Midsummer Night Dream, yeah, by Billy Shakespeare.
Speaker 1: Okay, so some more fictional characters neither of us took Summer Roberts. That was Rachel Benson in the o C Summer Smith, Rick and Morty Summer Penguin from The New Muppet Babies, and then also the entire Summer's family from X Men.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Scott Summer's Rachel, Summer's Hope, Nathan Nathan Summers, lots of Summers. Those all would have been good if Scott Summers didn't suck.
Speaker 1: That's what I also love. Feels like Summer by Childish Gambino. He put out the Summer two pack a couple of years ago. Summer Breeze by Seals and Craft. What a delightful little song that is gets you in a nice little move. I mentioned to you yesterday. I'm surprised you didn't take Mungo Jerry.
Speaker 2: Still don't know what it is, Still have no idea what that is.
Speaker 1: And that's samer time this guy. Yeah, we got like a big I'm mido. No summertime sadness. You mentioned that Summer in the City by the Love and Spoon, Good One, Hot Town, Summer, The Boys of Summer, and in the Summer by Olaf the Snowman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, solid one.
Speaker 1: You missed a couple of movies, five hundred Days of Summer and Summer Catch.
Speaker 2: There you go. You just mentioned two terrible movies.
Speaker 1: Well, Jessica Biel Strong remember when she gets out of the pool. Oh yeah, all right, So my six summers that I have here, Summer be thy name. That's the first far here is going to be called Suzanne Summers, Buffy Summers, Wet, Hot American Summer Summertime by The Fresh Prince and DJ Jazzy Jeff, Summer Girls by LFO and Mark Summers.
Speaker 2: Our Father who are in Heaven? Summer be thy name. I took the nineteen ninety two Barcelona Summer Olympics, the Olympics that the Dream Team debuted at. Well, I guess appeared at WWF SummerSlam. The Summer of sixty nine by Brian Adams. I Know what You did last Summer, starring Jennifer Love Hewett and Sarah Michelle Geller, The old Summer Salt? Who doesn't love a summer salt? With that one? And I close it out with Summer Sanders nineties television host specifically of Figure it Out, and I believe it was Inside Basketball. I forget what the show show was on Saturdays.
Speaker 4: Only the best of the best will be taken in the draft, but not just any old draft.
Speaker 2: It's the Macino Draft.
Speaker 1: On to our next draft. Here, Mac, you start flipping a coin. I picked tails.
Speaker 2: You get your selection because I got first to do you want? That's for second pick.
Speaker 1: First question to you hard or soft?
Speaker 2: I prefer hard ice cream over soft serf.
Speaker 1: And if I were to ask you right now for a topping of choice, you get one. What's your go to topping?
Speaker 2: I don't care for toppings. I like the mixed in.
Speaker 1: You're a cold Stone boy, yeah, I just.
Speaker 2: Like ice cream that has flavors in the stuff and the bits already in it.
Speaker 1: Excuse me? Can you fold flavors into my ice cream? It's like asking someone to cut your steak.
Speaker 2: For you want, and I would do that.
Speaker 1: I like sprinkles, okay, chocolate sprinkles.
Speaker 2: You like chalky textured things that I do like.
Speaker 1: Chalky textured things. If given the option little Oreo bits sprinkled on there, I.
Speaker 2: Like Oreo bits. I like there's an intersection here where you have, like the mini gummy bears on there'ummy where they get slightly harder. They're great, but then if they become too hard fish too cold, then they're not that enjoyable.
Speaker 1: Another question. Cone.
Speaker 2: I'm a cup guy. I will occasionally get like the waffle cone on the side, but a cone in general is just too messy.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a great move. I'm glad you bring this up. You get it in a cup and you use the cone as a spoon. Yes, that's stupid, and eating.
Speaker 2: That is nice, and there's so many I gotta say, we've come a long way since, at least from when we were children. There's so many good ice cream shops these days that do waffle cones hot on the spot. It's great, it's so good.
Speaker 1: Okay, with the first overall pick in the ice cream flavor draft. This might not be number one on your board, but I cannot risk not getting this.
Speaker 2: This is my go to.
Speaker 1: If it's there, I'm getting this. It doesn't matter. Peanut butter cup ice cream. Okay, not on my list, that's fine, not on my list. I could not risk not getting it. If I see it on the menu, you take the menu back, don't even fucking ask me, Just go and get it.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a worthy pick. It just missed out on my top eight of we'll say it's ninth on my list. I think the unanimous number one that you just passed on there, Greg Odin, give me Oreo ice cream at.
Speaker 1: Two Cookies and Cream is great. That is my number two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's to me, the consensus number one. I mean, I get your peanut cup, peanut butter cup boy penis cup. Uh gude, then I'm gonna take my this this ice cream like perfectly encapsulates every flavor and texture that I enjoy. Ben and Jerry's has a cinnamon buns flavor that is fucking.
Speaker 1: To die too specific.
Speaker 2: It's so good cinnamon buns and it has like chunks in it, like a la cookie dough with cinnamon swirls. It's just it's so it's so fucking good. Give me cinnamon buns at three overall.
Speaker 1: Here, by the way, this is a four round ice cream flavored draft. Wenna have a little uh, a little flight of ice cream.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a mount Rushmore. We're building. We're building four cones on a mountain.
Speaker 1: I believe this is the official ice cream of the summer. When you think of summer, when you think of ice cream, marble twist, a vanilla chocolate sure together.
Speaker 2: You're drafting poor people ice cream here?
Speaker 1: How is that poor people ice cream? That's a wonderful ice.
Speaker 2: Cre How many money can I get a marble twist?
Speaker 1: Excuse me? Could I have a marble twist today? And I'll gladly pay you on Tuesday? Not wimpy from fucking Popeye. I think that's a great pick. As a matter of fact. With my next pick, here I'll be going with. Now, this is a specific Brigham's flavor, but everyone kind of does something similar, and that is a mocha almond.
Speaker 2: All right, okay, all right, Sure.
Speaker 1: You got the crunch of the almond, You've got the chocolate coffee mixture of the mocha.
Speaker 2: You've drafted three ice creams that are not on my board, and.
Speaker 1: You drafted a bunch that I've never even heard of, cookies and cream.
Speaker 2: I guess we're gonna go to me for my third and fourth selections. You got one left. I believe my top four still on the board. I would have loved to have taken a black raspberry or a plain old vanilla gou but you left me with a strawberry cheesecake flavor. Again, you're doing too so good. I love strawberry ice cream. How do you make it better? Too much strawberry cheesecake with chunks of cheesecake in it. There's several takes on it. Ben and Jerry's also does a good one, strawberry cheesecake Dynamite, and I'm gonna I'm a strawberry ice cream apologist. It doesn't get enough love.
Speaker 1: So I like strawberry ice cream but I need just one spoonful when I'm all set.
Speaker 2: That's why the strawberry cheesecake is the best of both worlds. It's quite quite good. And then goo, I'm gonna take to Lenty. Specifically, they make a caramel cookie crunch that is so fucking good.
Speaker 1: Do you want to get technical here?
Speaker 2: Gelado is ice cream.
Speaker 1: It's different.
Speaker 2: It's the Italian word for ice cream or ice. It translates to ice cream. It's real good. So I got my four. I got my four favorite like flate or what's what would you call? These? Like fancy ice creams, and it's not just a straight flavor. I got all four of my top four.
Speaker 1: All right, my final pick, and this is the one that I always go with when I don't know what to get. There's too many options, there's too many flavors. What is this honey comb chocolate swirl? I don't what am I supposed to.
Speaker 2: Do right there? Eating the honeycomb chocolate swirrel?
Speaker 1: And you know what I do? Vanilla?
Speaker 2: Yeah, solid, And you could say Bergham's vanilla is the best.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you guys take chocolate? Vanilla's better than chocolate.
Speaker 2: Vanilla is way better than chocolate.
Speaker 1: Now when we're introducing some kind of a swirl or something mixed in with the chocolate, we can talk.
Speaker 2: If we were doing an auction draft here, it's as if you spent ninety nine dollars on peanut buttercups and combined one dollar on your other three flavors.
Speaker 1: I'm a man of the people. You're like of the hoggin does gyps canary swirl?
Speaker 2: The other four I had on my list that I didn't draft. You mentioned vanilla black raspb berry is my favorite, like plain flavor that's not vanilla, that's always done really well. I was gonna ask this if it was allowed, if we were down on the wire here.
Speaker 1: You are a cheater, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Ice Cream sandwiches is a very specific flavor because once that cardboardy sandwich melts a little bit, you have a totally.
Speaker 1: It's wonderful and you can have this in our next draft. But no, you cannot take an ice cream sandwich and then.
Speaker 2: Go I've recently been turned on to the ice cream made by Jenny's.
Speaker 1: You turned on by Jenny's ice turned onto it, It onto it. Yeah, it's like twelve dollars for a lot of punts so.
Speaker 2: You can afford one a year. They make a flavor called Maple Soaked Pancakes that taste good exactly like maple soaked pan.
Speaker 1: You know what you could eat? You can eat pancakes with syrup on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's more messy than Jenny's maple soaked pancakes ice cream.
Speaker 1: I mean, if we're going with like certain companies and flavors, I believe Kimball Farms has blueberry pie ice cream. That's wonderful, that's great, But that's not what this is about. What this is about. This is about showing up to any mom and pop ice cream stand.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, It's about We're in the summer. I'm drenched in sweat. What do I need? What do I want?
Speaker 1: A towel?
Speaker 2: I want to that's really gonna help me not die? And I just gave you oreole ice cream, cinnamon buns, strawberry cheesecake, caramel cookie crunch, Lock it up.
Speaker 1: You're not finding that at most ice cream places.
Speaker 2: You're finding a variation of all of those everywhere.
Speaker 1: I also like hazel nut.
Speaker 2: Were you born in nineteen twenty seven? You you took the twist third overall.
Speaker 1: For the over twist hazel nut, and I'd love Alan Sherman Neapolitan. Sure, sure that has three flavors in it?
Speaker 2: It does? It does?
Speaker 1: Ube Yep, it's good, nice purple yam. I.
Speaker 2: I recently had Ubei ice cream for a dessert after sushi like two months ago. Good.
Speaker 1: And then a salted caramel. Yeah, salted caramel always sounds better than it is though.
Speaker 2: That's why you go caramel cookie crunch.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, stop with the fucking extra shit. We are just die.
Speaker 2: We are diametrically opposed on the ice cream scale. It's good, though, I know if someone steals my ice cream, it's not gonna be.
Speaker 1: You, all right. I didn't give my four yet. Have I no peanut butter cup, marble twist, mocha, almond vanilla?
Speaker 2: Fuck?
Speaker 4: Not just any old draft and the macking cool draft and the final draft that we are here for.
Speaker 1: And after doing a little bit of research, I got real excited about this one.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say we'll do ten rounds here because based on how the last two just went, you're not gonna type it.
Speaker 1: None of my stuff is on your list?
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you want? Do you want to fight? First? Picture?
Speaker 1: I flip flip it. And what this one is is summer activities. Now what that could be? That could be? Now, what do you like to do in the summer? Now, what did you like to do in the summer when you were a teenager, when you were a kid. This is the all encompassing summer activities all right?
Speaker 2: Good call it in the air tails, tails never fails. Good. Was the number one overall pick in the Summer activities, all right, mini draft.
Speaker 1: With the first overall pick in the summer activity pressure, there's no pressure here. This was my favorite thing to do as a kid. Wake up in the morning and watch Sports Center twice in a row, and then come back every hour when the Red Sox highlights are on to watch Trot Nickson lays a double down the line great euscoo.
Speaker 2: I didn't have that list that one waysily waking up in like two thousand and three to watch Sports Center over and over again, it's basically what you're picking.
Speaker 1: Well, no, you would watch it in full twice, yeah, but then you knew where the Red Sox highlights were. Yeah, and you came back every hour and.
Speaker 2: Then you'd flip over to nesson for their fifteen minutes show.
Speaker 1: Oh then nesson sports deest sucked?
Speaker 2: All right? Good once again, I feel like you've taken Greg Oden over Kevin Durant. Here I'm gonna take now. It's not the exact same game, but this game roughly. Uh relievio manhunt, that idea, That summer game was so fun and it was nice going, like if I came to your neighborhood to play with your friends, like switch it up a little bit, Such a great game. I was always a I was always a hide under the car type of I.
Speaker 1: Think about that game so often, of like if I was the adult now, I would call the cops constant. Also, your go to was hiding under cars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would hide under cars or climb trees. But to that point we were running through people's yards too.
Speaker 1: How big was the tree? How big was this? Used to be a climber. I used to be climber like a Kodiak bear.
Speaker 2: Uh ghu, I'm gonna take uh. Sitting on the couch in your boxers, crushing twenty Freeze Pops at number three old, Okay.
Speaker 1: That was my next pink was Freeze Pops.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just you're grabbing the whole roll, cutting out with the same scissor, and then just eating them.
Speaker 1: That was the pizza bagel of the summer. Yes, breakfast, lunch and dinner pizza snack.
Speaker 2: That was their actually whole marketing ploy.
Speaker 1: That was you'd be outside, it's so hot, you'd run back inside, and what usually happened is that you had already eaten all of the blues and pinks, and you're like, fuck, I guess I'll have a red.
Speaker 2: Green was great too.
Speaker 1: I didn't like the green.
Speaker 2: Blue, pink and green were my three favorite. I was I can deal with red, I could deal with orange. You give me a purple.
Speaker 1: I love medicine. It was so good. But what I used to love doing was you would.
Speaker 2: Have you like robotussin freeze pops You'd have five out.
Speaker 1: You would have the first one as an actual popsicle, the next one you kind of mush up a little bit, you know, and then the third one you left out for a little bit longer, and you just suck down that sugar.
Speaker 2: So much juice, so much juice, so good.
Speaker 1: I'm so upset I missed that one. I will now go with this is tough. I think maybe my favorite outdoor activity one summer I was laid off and I did this every single day. I threw out my arm because you're throwing nothing wiffle ball.
Speaker 2: Ah yeah, yeah, great one love a game of wolfotball, and not for nothing. We're both pretty good woot of ball players.
Speaker 1: I used to be.
Speaker 2: I'm not anab played against some elite wootball players in our day. You and I have both participated in that like summer whiffle rock thing that I don't even think they do anymore. But wiffleball's the best.
Speaker 1: Now, let's go on to I think the cleanest of the ways to cool off, because while I am an ocean boy, it's a bit of a hassle. There's sands. You're gonna go there for a couple hours, I think the best way to go about it. Because you're also you're on someone's property. You can have a couple beverages if you want.
Speaker 2: Sure pool all right, yeah, pool date the pool pool? Sure, Sure, it's solid, solid pool. Uh, you've left my my top four for me once again. Here I was hoping to get these back to back. If you took Manhatt slash Relivio, I already took Sugary Freeze pops. Give me the little hug fruit barrels. I called them teeny some people call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, comment down below, what'd you call those little?
Speaker 2: They are basically the same flavors as the freeze pops, just unfrozen.
Speaker 1: It's crazy that my parents would give me those just sugar. As an adult, I would never give my son that. I barely give them the freeze pops.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then I still think these are the fucking coolest things ever. And they've all they've sort of you know, it was these are nerf guns, right, give me a super Soaker running around super so people in the summer so good.
Speaker 1: I thought you weren't gonna take that because you had already taken your activity. You'd already taken your game. I had on my list super Soaker.
Speaker 2: War, Yeah, the best. And you always had one kid that had like the big fucking massive tank one.
Speaker 1: That kid always suck.
Speaker 2: You had the dual wielding types too. Yeah, a lot of a lot of styles and super Soaking.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you just took my thing. That's rough. Okay, I guess what I will do is your mode of transportation in the summer, riding a bike without a helmet.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, there's there's some like going fast with some sort of wheels. Was was great in the summer. I would have taken something else over the bike.
Speaker 1: But what scooter?
Speaker 2: The scooters were great too.
Speaker 1: Scooter we were right in the time. Were the peak of the scooter ra scooters. Yeah, I would say that during the summer, you go to meet up with your friends anywhere, you're riding your bike, and then what you would do.
Speaker 2: I used to roller blade across town.
Speaker 1: Dude, rollerblade?
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, and my daisy dukes.
Speaker 1: So what happened to me is my mom or my dad and always like, hey, put your helmet on and be like okay, sure. Then as soon as you go around the corner, you pop that helmet round.
Speaker 2: That thing's coming right off.
Speaker 1: Oh you can't. You can't be seen wearing a helmet.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm still alive though, So joke's on them, all right. I will now go with maybe my favorite thing even now, I just don't have the opportunity to do it as much, and that is day drinking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, day drinking is the best. It really is. You loved it at a younger age, and as you get older, there's nothing better than day drinking. And going to bed at like nine o'clock.
Speaker 1: Because I'm going to bed at nine o'clock either way. Yeah, right, so this is get in, get out? What a fun day?
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I like that good good selection there goo all right? You so I pull was a consideration for me, I too, do not like the same.
Speaker 1: I know where you're going. You're you're a fresh water blow.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take a day out on a boat, specifically on a boat on a lake. Give me a boat lake day.
Speaker 1: What are you doing on the boat?
Speaker 2: Jumping off, maybe getting pulled. I can't jet ski, but I hold on the boat, on the tubes, on the inner tubes. You know that that was always fun day out on the boat. And then we're gonna go goo here. This is sort of all encompassing surprise that you didn't take this. But I'm gonna this is the worst draft. You're having trip to the amusement park water country that Cannoby Lake.
Speaker 1: Park, water park or amusement park.
Speaker 2: There's gotta be a water element to it.
Speaker 1: But are you taking water park or amusement.
Speaker 2: Amusement park with water attractions?
Speaker 1: So you need the cannon ball or the no is it the Boston tea party.
Speaker 2: Boston Tea Parties area. Yeah, and they had the log flume there too.
Speaker 1: That's not bad. Yeah, what I will take here, And not that I've ever been invited to one of these, but it sounds like a fun time block party. Oh okay, I feel like you someone who grew up on the projects, lots of block parties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had unsanctioned block parties. I'd say we could. We just did it without talking to the town.
Speaker 1: Because what I usually did more was a drive way party. But it's more like family friends, it's not it's not the big neighborhood one though. I guess sometimes you would go to one by like a school or by a church.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they would like have the parking lot, like a little parking they'd have like a little carnival carnival time.
Speaker 1: Would you count like a Saint Anthony's feast is this? Would you count the coming up next week? Would you count the Newton Street that you live on?
Speaker 2: Where? Yeah, yeah, I'd say that's kind of yeah, that's allowed, like a carnival, summer carnival. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, those are all block parties. Those are all mine, all right?
Speaker 2: Sure? Sure, I took the bigger version of that.
Speaker 1: You mentioned it earlier. You said summer Blockbuster. Really one of the better things. One of the better ways to cheat the heat, if you will, is to head to the theaters and enjoy. Maybe you pay for one movie, you take in a couple, the old summer movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, that's a great transition. Go into my pick, A night at the driving. A night at the driving. I thought you random from random.
Speaker 1: Monday at school.
Speaker 2: When technology sucked and there was nothing to do but drive. Going to the driving was a hit. Stay in your car, your air conditioned car if you wanted to, or if it was a nice, cool night, you popped the top off. You know, I didn't have a convertible, but why not sit on the roof of the vehicle, sit on the hood the driving you get a double feature always.
Speaker 1: What's crazy is that they thought, because of how hot it was, that would hurt the box office. But instead, because of the heat, everyone went and saw Aquaman starring Vinnie Chase, and it became one of the highest grossing movies of all time.
Speaker 2: But I've said this is my eighth pick, so three left ku. I kind of teased it above here. There was nothing better than you're sweating your cock off. It's like high noon. What are you craving an ice cream? What comes around the corner? The goddamn ice cream truck jingle pulling up the street. You're running because you don't want to be like fifteenth in line and maybe not get a screwball or snow cone. You know, you had to be like top five in that line so you could get whatever the hell you wanted. But the sprint to the ice cream truck was great, great mad dash.
Speaker 1: I was a choco taco boy, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Love those. I was the strawberry shortcake type of guy.
Speaker 1: All right, I will go with You know, sometimes you don't have access to a pool. You're at the park and what does that park have sprinklers? You can run through those sprinklers a marble twist, Yes, would I go to a park with sprinklers on a marble twist? Absolutely?
Speaker 2: We actually had when we were kids down the road in Belmont they had Waverley Oaks, like the water, a little park thing there that was always a blast.
Speaker 1: Yeah that counts for me too. It was a sprinkler's running through sprinklers. Man, sure, sure, It's not like I'm saying, oh, I grabbed my wrench and I took the fucking fire hydrit and spray in my family. I'm not saying that, No.
Speaker 2: You were just a level above.
Speaker 1: Yes, I will now go with I know earlier I said, you know, the ocean is a bit of a hassle. Now that we're a little bit deeper in this draft, I'll go to the beach. Sure, sure, all right, beach with ocean.
Speaker 2: All right, we're back to me for my final two here, and we're gonna go with you know, I was leaning maybe like a sleepover, but what we did it to see is video games and snacks. Summer activity. Video games and snacks, whether it's all day because school's out or you're out of sleepover, video hours and hours of video games, say Halo whatever, sports games and eating just the absolute worst food was the fucking best. And then my final selection here will be the only real summer activity I have these days. Golf, round of golf, get out there on the links, hit the links. A little day drinking involved with the golf, but uh yeah, close it out with golf, all right.
Speaker 1: With my final pick here in the draft, I will go with another way to you mentioned video games and snacks. How about we go to the arcade. Yeah, the arcade. If you go to any beach town, you set aside a little bit of time. You go to the arcade, you enjoy yourself.
Speaker 2: I still I don't know what it is, gou. I still get an absolute rush playing ski ball. Ski ball is such a great Oh.
Speaker 1: I love Papa shot.
Speaker 2: Papa shots shots great too, Pop shots great. And the one way you're throwing the ball at that big fat woman's mouth too, love that.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. I like the one with the clowns and you're trying to throw and get all the clouds down.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Or maybe you go into like the antique part of the arcade where they have you know, like dig Dug and all those rampage Alright, Mack, do you have any honorable mansions? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mentioned it, But a sleepover would have been good too. Those were always a blast. Some pickup hoops. We used to play hoops for hours and hours, and then two more activities. I would have gone rollerblading, over riding the bike or scooting and then slip and slide goo slipping slides. Slipping slides get pretty good, pretty fun.
Speaker 1: All right. We also missed summer camp. Now, that was a bit of a mixed bag. If it was the sleepover one. I never did a sleepover one. I did the day ones. And when you go to the day ones, it's a more unruly school.
Speaker 2: Well, we used to have just like yeah, kind of classes, like we had arts and crafts, we had archery. I became a hell of a shop for like an eight year old kid.
Speaker 1: But as a young timid boy, when you introduce I was a kind of school boy, that's one. We had school. We had three different schools in our town. But when you introduce us to the crazies at the hasmer, I only lasted a week.
Speaker 2: I did a couple of years of camp across it.
Speaker 1: I didn't do a lot of camp across it.
Speaker 2: I did. I did like four or five summers at Camp Cabot at the Wall m YMCA, great time. I learned to swim there.
Speaker 1: May I act as Davy right now?
Speaker 2: Sure? Sure?
Speaker 1: With my number one overall, pick summer reading, dock and.
Speaker 2: Fire like.
Speaker 1: Books, books, books, books.
Speaker 2: Is there a summer reading a cibment that you actually did as a kid.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. When I was a kid, I would put it off because so my family goes to Maine in the middle of the summer. So what I would always I'd always be like, Okay, when I get back from Maine, I'll honker down and I'll do my summer reading. Or I'll be like, I'll bring the book with me, or if I start ahead of time, it won't be that big of a deal. I would always three days left the summer. Fuck, I haven't started the book. Yeah, and then I'd be so anxious to go back to school and I wouldn't know what to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It was miserable. It was miserable. There did become a time, though, by late middle school for us that we all discovered spark notes and that changed reading assignments perpetually. So, Ku, here's a question about you and your main trips. The York Lighthouse that you always go to, great spot, that that drive over double light is awesome. Have you ever witnessed anyone trying to make that little swim from now it's choppy waters?
Speaker 1: Huh, it's very choppy. Yeah, sucked out to see.
Speaker 2: But I noticed that the whoever the lighthouse keeper is, they just have a little like paddle boat over there.
Speaker 1: Also, to get back into my anxiety, with my summer reading is that by the end of the summer I'd be so anxious about the summer reading that I wasn't starting that I couldn't play video games because I mentally of like, no, I can't waste my time doing this, so I would just sit there and stare at a wall.
Speaker 2: Good. My ten summer activities are Manhunt, Slash Relievio, especially at nighttime. It was the best sitting on the couch in your boxers, crushing twenty freeze pops, and then follow that up with the the teenies, the little barrel drinks, the quart of drinks some people call them super soakers, a day out on a boat, a trip to an amusement park, going to the drive in the ice cream truck, video games and snacks and golf.
Speaker 1: And my ten summer activities going to the arcade beach with ocean, running through sprinklers, summer movies, block parties, day drinking, riding bikes with no helmet, the pool while ball and getting up early and watching Sports Center for two straight hours and then coming back every hour to watch the Red Sox highlights.
Speaker 2: There you have it, there's our summer centric little trios draft and we went six of the first first draft, four and the second ten with the summer activities and pretty good, pretty good, I'm I'm intrigued. I think I dominated summer activities. Ice creams a crapshoot. People have their own own ideas there. I think the most contentious one will be that that first one, just the summer named ones.
Speaker 1: Let's get into Masak and Maxak could be anything that could be a boat. And let me ask you this is they're a concert boy, what are you gonna You're gonna follow NOA Kan around this summer.
Speaker 2: I happened to attend Noah Khan back to back nights at Fenway, and I was in the pit for both evenings.
Speaker 1: So get in the pit and trying to someone dund.
Speaker 2: Over the last three years, no has become my favorite artist. He's a great human being. He's very relatable. I had a fucking blastkew the issue now and I've seen all of my favorite artists in the pit. So if I go to concert and I'm not like in ga pit area, I feel like I'm hanging out with you in your fucking marble twist ice creams.
Speaker 1: We're all enjoying marble twist we're all we're all staying cool in the sprinklers.
Speaker 2: That's the only concerts I have planned for the set.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I was gonna ask you what else you had planned for the summer. You guys answered that.
Speaker 2: Now it's a couple of golf trips coming up.
Speaker 1: Oh you're so high falutin sometimes. All right, Mac, where can the folks find us?
Speaker 2: You can find us on Twitter and Instagram, as at Mac and Goo podcast every other platform. We're Mac ampersand good. It's Max just seven Goo That includes Facebook, Stritune and castbarks speaking, Google Play, iHeartRadio. We're on Spotify, but more importantly Apple podcast. Get on that rate review subscribed five stars. We are sponsored by Watch sports where wat of Time Sports where thirty four mot Auburn Street.
Speaker 1: They get some shirts one time, don't say sponsored.
Speaker 2: Two times and it was a lot of shirts.
Speaker 1: He had a lot of shirts, but don't say sponsored.
Speaker 2: Wanted to own sports dot com expert screenprinting and embroidered.
Speaker 1: Public dot com. I noticed you didn't ask me what concerts I'm going to?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's the last time you went to a concert?
Speaker 1: They're way too loud?
Speaker 2: Goo. A quick question for you since I'm wearing this wonderful X Men ninety seven shirt. Are you caught up?
Speaker 1: I am caught up? Show Rules.
Speaker 2: It's a great fucking show.
Speaker 1: It's such a good show.
Speaker 2: Apocalypse was always scary. Getting a background to Apocalypse and seeing what happened there, It's like, Ah, he's a fucking they They they made him like the bastard that he was born to be. It's great, it's and I'm really intrigued as to where we're going now.
Speaker 1: I also love that they say, look, we're doing this hopefully for ten years, let's take our time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But also there's so many comics to pull from. They can just give us bangers like these three, these mini episode arcs constantly. What is this very clear to me is Nathan Summers is gonna be a big part in this. It sounds like he might be taken down Apocalypse. They also might have teased a character called Onslaught, So we're we're trending in great territory here.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about Jubilees haircut?
Speaker 2: I don't mind it.
Speaker 1: Tuesdays are goosdays. I abuse kangaroos, dam Burton.
Speaker 2: I wanted to say it after you this time. I just what. Now that's girl time for girls jumping.
Speaker 1: On Yeah, but you say by first bye. Please flip the cassette over to side B to continue the adventure. Now it's time for girls jumping on trampolines. Ziggy zugy, ziggy zuggi o o oy.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know it's a fun summer activity jumping on trampolines
Speaker 1: And watching the Ban Show.