Speaker 1: He must went over there.
Speaker 2: Make his way.
Speaker 1: You sure did, Yeah, just making my way into the fan. Muss, Ben, Ben Muss.
Speaker 3: I must say first, I mean you don't see.
Speaker 4: Must great job this weekend. How's that you didn't well, I'll let I'll let the coach.
Speaker 1: Hit not playing with it in the crowd.
Speaker 4: You didn't play the crowd, not one time? Good moie.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, a pocket pool but otherwise.
Speaker 4: Well, but you weren't in a crowd.
Speaker 1: You weren't in a crowd. No, that's a good point.
Speaker 4: Good job, Thank you, thank you, thank you. We made it first week, we made it back here we are you.
Speaker 1: Know, Ben?
Speaker 5: You mentioned on your Instagram video after the game yep, that the last time the Vikings were shut out was two thousand and seven, and that was a team that you were one. Now, looking back to that game, why didn't you score a touchdown?
Speaker 1: I tried, I mean you're allowed to. I know, actually you're not.
Speaker 5: I mean the guy Ernest Jones or whatever his name is, he did it yesterday. Why did you do that Invens.
Speaker 1: Better than yeah? Oh come on, I tried my best.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 5: You admitted in the video you didn't even remember that game. You didn't remember getting shut out? Yeah, I mean, you.
Speaker 1: Know whatever, it was the Packers, I guess too, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, surprisingly, yeah, two thousand and seven. Now basically what right around this time he was like November eleven, two thousand and seven against the Packers.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean if you if I go back and maybe look at the play sheet and go play by play, I would I would probably conjure up some memories.
Speaker 3: But no.
Speaker 5: Sure, so the Vikes had not been shut out since two thousand and seven. I've seen two different numbers. My guess is it's playoffs and non playoffs. Because this one said they had gone two hundred and ninety four straight games since getting shut out. That must be regular season. That was the third longest active streak. Now we have the shortest at zero consecutive games. Ben, do you know who has the longest current active streak? The Vikings were third longest. Who has the longest active streak of not getting shut out?
Speaker 1: But I don't know. Packers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what I would go with, just because of just because it's like something that you would want.
Speaker 3: To make us feel worse about our chiefs.
Speaker 7: Russell Wilson, stop the Broncos.
Speaker 1: We're gonna name all thirty two here, Actually, twins.
Speaker 5: You haven't named number two either Chicago bonsor Jesus ye Jesus, the Lions it was Jesus. No, the Patriots, the Bears, the Seahawks, still nobody's said, the Giants.
Speaker 1: The Commanders, Jets know they've been shut out there, the Rams, the still no one has said it.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys, the.
Speaker 4: Raiders, they don't say.
Speaker 3: The Chiefs, Yeah, Chiefs are yeah yeah, the.
Speaker 4: No Bengals, Titans, Texans, Jacksonville.
Speaker 5: What if you guys are going to name thirty dollars before getting the longest two streets Steelers.
Speaker 1: Steelers are number.
Speaker 4: Two at three oh eight Atlanta.
Speaker 5: You still haven't gotten number one at three eighty three and eighties.
Speaker 1: Who could say games? Finally, the Baltimore.
Speaker 8: God sake, that Ben showing off for your college. Yep, yeah man, yeah, man yeah man.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: Not only was that the again first shutout for the Vikings since two thousand and seven, that was the first time the Seahawks had shut out somebody since twenty fifteen, so they hadn't posted a shout out in ten years.
Speaker 4: Hey, Benjamin fun, did you get any leads? On whether or not a JJ McCarthy would be back. Do you have any leanings on that b if our center is going to miss any significant time?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Boy, See if our young guard is going to be back sometime soon, d if our tackle is going to decide whether or not he wants to play.
Speaker 6: Oh well, I don't know if that's like him his decision, Like you don't think he's like choosing to sit out.
Speaker 4: I thought that injury. Is that not the case? I thought that was hurt in the last game. I thought it was being insinuated that he was being given the choice.
Speaker 1: Yeah he had the foot injury. Yeah yeah, foot or ankle or something like that.
Speaker 4: Don't blame me, I'm just a reporter.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Be nice, Please, no, don't be nice.
Speaker 3: I like him.
Speaker 1: Was that insinuated that it was this up to him if he wants to play?
Speaker 4: That was what I was inc he waited to who insinuated in the insinuation to you, Bill Cosby.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't trust that guy him.
Speaker 4: He gets one phone call a week.
Speaker 6: And he calls you to talk about the Viking. Was that before or after you guys sat down and had that special drink? You know it was after mm hm, So I'm not believing a word.
Speaker 1: You didn't need to drink no loose you are? You know Cosby watches the flight tracker more than a minute. Oh yeah, what a psycho.
Speaker 4: How long it is before the pilot passes out?
Speaker 1: Well, in that case, he should he probably should keep track. That's that's safety first. I actually think he Cosby is the type of guy that would raw dog the flight.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, yeah, wow, that's all right.
Speaker 1: He won't be flying anytime soon.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 6: So question A, I would expect mccarthur be back, like I think that if you're if you're self reporting a concussion on the flight home after you played a full game, my guess is concussion is not super serious. So I know everybody has their own healing time with these things. But I'm my guess is he'll be back. He'll be back this week, he'll get full reps, all reps on Wednesday, and he'll be good to go.
Speaker 1: B was what our left guard. I have no idea.
Speaker 6: I have no idea the severity of of Donovan's injury. I will cross my fingers and hope he's back. The fact that darisaw now you said, dearrisaw.
Speaker 4: Was d who who was c was our center?
Speaker 6: Oh was the center. That's interesting because I don't even remember him going to the blue tent or really doing anything. It would it wasn't anything notice significant.
Speaker 9: Great big giant headgear that he's got on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he couldn't miss that. That Guardian helmet.
Speaker 6: I know, the the marketing scheme that is the Guardian helmet.
Speaker 4: We tell you that.
Speaker 3: Cosby told me.
Speaker 1: Guardian helpmeats.
Speaker 6: We talked a lot helmets. Yeah, we've gone through the whole gamut of helmets. He likes all kinds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't need a guardian, that is what he said.
Speaker 3: He's like signing this piece of paper.
Speaker 1: You don't need a guardian, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I saw a little bit of a dialogue that he had with the training staff, and it was like they're just having a conversation. I thought it was like he dinged his head again, the way that they're just kind of talking, and it wasn't like now, I obviously must have missed it, but I didn't see him go back to the blue tent. I didn't see him like standing up, you know, having them look at his hip flexer like do some exercises, do anything. It was just kind of like this conversation and the trainers kind of step back, had their own private conversation. I'm like, oh, there must be nothing going on with this, because there wasn't like they didn't like go over to the two Jurgons and be like, oh, you gotta get ready and whatever. There was like no dialogue at all after that, So I was like, oh, maybe there's talking about something else.
Speaker 1: It's not a not a big deal. And then I come to find out.
Speaker 6: That I got the the report saying that he was going to be questionable to return with or he was out.
Speaker 1: With the hip injury. I'm like, huh, so I don't know.
Speaker 3: No Brozmer and uh snaps with Jiggins and all on the sideline.
Speaker 1: Nothing. Didn't see it, Yeah you would.
Speaker 6: That doesn't mean that, like I don't I don't like hover around the bench area unless I really really need to.
Speaker 1: But there wasn't like a clamoring or anything like that.
Speaker 6: And sometimes you know, Hawk even does a good job, okay keeping eyes from from his perspective on some stuff that's going on there.
Speaker 3: So I didn't see it.
Speaker 6: So I don't know if he's going to be in or out this week, so that is still concerning. And then I would think that that CD is going to play based on the fact that he was limited I think last week, and then he was kind of a late scratch for this game.
Speaker 4: Got it? What about let me put you in the spot. What about young Adam feeling being a healthy scratch? Do you have any insights on that?
Speaker 6: I have no insights on that, and he doesn't reading the old tea leaves does not look good, you know. I think that we've all wondered about his inclusion in this offense and how much run he gets, and then when he gets in there, it's not been super productive and it's it is sort of marred with some drops in there. So he hasn't been the most reliable when he's been in there either. So it does seem like everything was trending down, down, down, down, down to where now he's a healthy scratch in yesterday's game.
Speaker 3: What does that mean our sweep depth to a wide receiver.
Speaker 6: I mean, if you hear, if you hear, the thing is like if you hear, listen to coach O'Connell after the game. They asked him about it, and he's like, well, you know, we have some injuries in other spots, we have to elevate other people. So that just means, you know, we can only have so many in a nutshell like and we can only have so many active players for this game. We've been remarkably healthy at the receiver position. If so facto, he he now becomes, well, we have you can dress what forty eight guys?
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can dress forty eight guys for game day. So you're telling me that he's the forty ninth and fiftieth player on this roster.
Speaker 3: That's not good. It's not good.
Speaker 6: I mean, in those situations if your vet, most vets don't don't handle that very well.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I questioned the longevity of him for the rest of the season on this team.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, wow.
Speaker 4: And do we know anything about THEO Jackson either. No, That's what I'm going to ask you. Did anybody see him on the list last week? Was he in on the injury report? He was not on the injury report.
Speaker 5: Now finally there's a question for the cause because Cosby knows.
Speaker 1: All about THEO.
Speaker 4: He does great point. Well, he calls me later today I'll ask him.
Speaker 7: I don't like how you have a nickname for why does he call you on Mondays?
Speaker 4: Because it's the only day he has access to the phone. You know how jail works.
Speaker 7: THEO Jackson was a limited participant all week with a neck injury.
Speaker 3: Okay, I did not see that.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: Well there we go.
Speaker 6: So I guess he's dealing with a neck injury. I must have missed that. I actually I asked around. There's a couple of people in the over today, like, yeah, I didn't even know he was injured.
Speaker 1: So Benjamin, let me put you in another corner. I'm gonna ask the tough one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm badger.
Speaker 5: May thirtieth of twenty twenty five, Quasi Adopha Mensa signed a multi year extension with the Minnesota Vikings. Could it still possibly be one and done with this new extension and him not surviving this offseason?
Speaker 9: Sure?
Speaker 3: Tough question.
Speaker 1: Sure, I don't know why. I don't know why.
Speaker 6: Like, look, we see it all the time, and we see it all the time in sports, like there's there's dead money on player contracts. There's dead money another you know, personnel contracts, and you know I don't think that this ownership is I don't think that they're in a position where they have to do any anything that they they're contractually bound and they they're gonna like say like, oh well, we can't, we can't make changes because of contracts in the way, Like I they're they're willing to make decisions and part ways and do things that is they see fits. So I think everything's on the table at this point in time, and I I wouldn't I wouldn't be surprised if if there was something done there.
Speaker 5: Now, Paul, your hands up, and we were just talking about Quazy, So I don't think you're going to ask Woodhawks. So I think this is an actual football follow football follow Okay, Paul, your hands up.
Speaker 7: Just like you said Core about how Broseberg didn't really stake his claim to be the starting quarterback. What is Quasy done to stake his claim to pick possibly a fifth or six overall pick and help this team rebuild.
Speaker 3: But he's not the only one making the pick.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but he's the GM I know saying. But I think what my opinion is, I think he's going to be the scapegoat of all of this. I would agree with. I think he's going to be the one that's going to take this. I mean all of those guys that he signed. And it's not just him, it's a group effort. I mean Will Fryes was that was his worst game yesterday. The two defensive tackles, I forgot they were on the team. It's just the guys that they signed to bolster this team. And you watched the Chicago Bears, who had the same offseason plan. They had the same exact issues the Vikings have. They're the number one seed in football, and they went the trade route on getting Tuney in the other whoever else they got as the interior of their offensive line, same plan. They won a different route. We went this route, and our route has failed miserably. And it doesn't help that the quarterbacks are bad. And that's another thing. You watch this roster and you go, man, those two guys that we have, I mean they didn't have Wentz, but like you know, we were gonna ride with McCarthy after you have the two guys, and then whatever you want to think of the Rogers rumors and however that whe whoever said Noover said, yes, they let all that go by and here we are. We've lost four st right, and they haven't scored a touchdown in two games. Somebody's going to take the fall. You don't just it's not just status quo, right, But you're gonna be a underdog in every game.
Speaker 9: That's what leads you to who cares who's going to be the quarterback next week?
Speaker 3: It doesn't, It doesn't really matter.
Speaker 1: No losing is you should want to lose.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 9: I don't think they have a choice. No, you know, it's not one of those where oh you should tank it. I just don't think you can win. They can't score no, right, and then they put these quarterbacks, these young quarterbacks, in such bad positions. Yeah, I mean you hear Koc talk about explosives. Oh he missed this explosive. He could have this explosion. Stop with the explosives.
Speaker 3: Put everything in front of them.
Speaker 9: Make it easy, Make it easy for these quarterbacks because they need to have the game slow down. And if you are just doing these long routes and everybody he has to wait until someone gets open.
Speaker 3: Now the route's so deep.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I mean, just to me, it seems like I know this is your offense, and your offense is fantastic, there is no question. However, if you have players that can't pull off what you're trying to do, they just don't have the ability have to change your game plan.
Speaker 3: You just have to. And they say nobody wants to, but you have to. No, I'm not gonna all of a sudden go into the box box.
Speaker 9: And you know, and the potboy I'm going to hop in.
Speaker 3: No, it's not not a skill set that I have.
Speaker 1: Give you twenty bucks if you do.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 3: No, I've already called a couple of plays and it was horrible.
Speaker 6: I think all of these things are completely valid in their conversations that that probably need to be had on them. I'm guessing that they're having these conversations even at at TCOPC, you know, behind closed doors. I mean, it's it's what you have to do as an organization. Like they get paid the big bucks, and that doesn't mean that you just get to take all the accolades when things are good. You gotta make tough decisions when things are bad. And that that is the role of everybody over there that's a high level decision maker, whether you're in personnel, whether you're in coaching, whatever it is, and so you know, I think that when you win it just look, I was on a lot of winning teams.
Speaker 1: I'll go back to that twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, easy, easy, easy.
Speaker 1: There's a larger point here.
Speaker 6: It's a larger point here that we knew that there were some issues in two thousand and nine with our team. We did, I mean the way that the organization just sort of worked internally. But when you win, all that gets brushed under the rug. Things don't get addressed because you're winning games. However you're winning, whether it's your your one Hall of Fame quarterback that you have, whether you know sometimes it's our defense playing well, whatever it is, those things mask all of the warts that that are obvious. But when you lose all of things, all of those things get magnified and you can't ignore it. So what are they going to do? That is the question that we all want to know. We know that there are issues. We know there are issues with performance across the board. Is it execution? Is it lack of skill? Is it lack of talent? If those are the issues that you see as well and you identify, then yes, something has to change. Changes have to be made, and they'll probably you know, obviously not going to make those changes in the season. But when the season is over, I would expect hard decisions to be made across this organization.
Speaker 1: More of the power trip morning Shoe after this is I'm a Man, Key fun.
Speaker 2: Now is your chance to say thank you in a big way with Iheartradios, Think a teacher powered by donors. Choose nominated outstanding public school teacher who's got above and beyond for their students to win five thousand dollars to stock their classroom with whatever they need. Help us say thank you to the educators shaping our future. Nomina your favorite teacher now. iHeartRadio dot com slash teachers guaranteed humans too. All these teachers are human teachers. I guarantee it. Hello, my name is human.
Speaker 1: Oh great, So.
Speaker 5: Give me the the teacher that changed your life the most, specifically senior year when you didn't bring.
Speaker 1: A backpack, mister Goldner.
Speaker 5: Is he the one that found you away onto the football team even though your grades weren't good enough. No, that was mister Headstrom. He was probably a team effort to get you on that squad. Oh yeah, a team effort to get you to quit.
Speaker 7: I played two games after that, and so changing my grade didn't do a lot.
Speaker 1: I didn't do much.
Speaker 7: And then when you know, when I get told you're not any good, most people would go, oh, oh yeah, proven wrong, You're right.
Speaker 5: Harder, some kind of montage video with you lifting logs in the woods to get stronger, not quit?
Speaker 1: You quit?
Speaker 4: Can we do a quick fan five because we're way behind us?
Speaker 3: Goodness getting for.
Speaker 9: A fan five on the Power Trip presented by All Around.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 7: Your Vikings lost twenty six nothing to the Seahawks.
Speaker 1: They play the Commanders next week.
Speaker 7: They lost twenty seven to twenty six to the Broncos in overtime. Week thirteen ends tonight with the two and ten Giants battling the ten and two Patriots At seven point fifteen. The Pats are minus seven. The Gophers kept the acts by beating Wisconsin seventeen to seven. The Wolves beat the Spurs one twenty five to one to twelve for their second consecutive victory over an above five hundred team, and had thirty two. They battle the Pelicans tomorrow at seven. The Wild are at the Oilers tomorrow at eight, and LSU is hiring former Ole Miss coach Lane Kiffen.
Speaker 4: I mean that was a very quick fan five a lot. I mean that you will yeah wow, like an auctioneer.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 6: One thing that I think I have this correctly about Lane Kiffen that hasn't been talked about much. I guess part of his deal and this is the confusing part because I thought the whole NIL thing was sort of going away with the new revenue share. But I guess he has worked in the contract at LSU. He gets twenty five million a year in NIL alone. That that that gets that's every year, that's every year for his seven years.
Speaker 1: Every year he gets to dole out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he gets replenished every year that he gets to spend twenty five million to buy players whoa good for him.
Speaker 4: Yep wow.
Speaker 6: I mean listen, if you can get it, you can get it. I think if there's a if there's a giant canary in the coal mine right now, it's that right there, Like this system is absolutely broken.
Speaker 3: That yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean whoever the GM is, I mean, you know, I don't know if that's an official, but the fact that that the football department gets twenty five million per year to sign players.
Speaker 5: Ye sauce, Yeah, go ahead, do your best to explain the metaphor a canary in a coal mine.
Speaker 7: I think a canary in a coal mine is if you see one dead, it's bad. No, Like, isn't that the thing though? Like they have it down there because like there's no oxygen.
Speaker 1: Isn't that the bit?
Speaker 4: You got that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You got it right, got it?
Speaker 1: You did it. It just sounded funny. It was a canary and it's dead, that's bad. Well no, but that I mean, especially if you're the canary. You saw one, now, you'd go, oh, that bird died.
Speaker 7: But if you're in a coal mine and you see one dead, you're like, we should go back because there's no oxygen down here.
Speaker 1: It's over any more. Brainbusters.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what if you saw a canary on the fifth floor here at iHeart?
Speaker 1: What if you saw a box elder bug.
Speaker 4: Like we hired a new salesperson.
Speaker 1: You'd be like, wow, there's a burden here. Must be doing a bit. It's a live that's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's good, thank you, Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 1: That's uh, that's good. Okay, good Vikings news is next time? Ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 10: Hey, the Fan. That's us and the Vikings. That's a football team. We're teaming up for toys for tots. Will be at Shields and eating prayer tomorrow sitting at five thirty. Will be there till six thirty pm. Yeah, let's see him man our annual broadcast presented by Unreal. Please bring a toy and spread some joy. And if you're one of the first fifty donors each show, Kfan Unreal Winter Beanie will be yours details at kfan dot com slash toys.
Speaker 4: Usually it's it's beads, but tomorrow's beanies.
Speaker 11: Right, Well, your MIC's on down, Tony, Yeah, Tony, Yeah, that sounds like beads.
Speaker 4: It does. Yeah, trying to start a lot more.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't know. I wouldn't do that, all right, let's do Viking to all.
Speaker 5: The transition from manal beads K.
Speaker 3: Was heavily implied implied. I was so confused.
Speaker 5: So Benjamin lost in the shuffle. Right, like a week or so ago. JJ McCarthy posted just terrible numbers, right, it was like a thirty five passer rating or something. In the world, including me and everybody else, said, can't get any worse.
Speaker 1: Let's put the kid.
Speaker 5: In then the kid posted like a thirty two passer rating, and then everybody last week, and then everybody last night said, you know, if you just snapped the ball and spiked it into the ground, you'd have a better passer rating, which I guess is mathematic accurate, but lost in the shuffle there is.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't that mean that we need to.
Speaker 5: Figure out a different formula, because if dropping back and throwing it right into the dirt thirty consecutive times is a better rating than what Brozemer and McCarthy did, then the formula is bad because turning over five times, but that should be a zero. If you go zero for thirty with zero yards, that should be a zero passer rating.
Speaker 1: I could do that.
Speaker 5: I couldn't do what McCarthy or Brozemer did, which is get some yards.
Speaker 1: It should be a zero.
Speaker 6: So you, like Celsius like this whole like water freezing at thirty two, Like you're like, if that's the bottom, that should.
Speaker 1: Be Zeroah, sure, I'm with you on that. Well, it's it's it's one of those fun stats.
Speaker 5: Yes, everybody that's saying you'd have a better rating if you just throw it into the ground.
Speaker 1: I know that's right, but that means the formula's flawed.
Speaker 4: Say that, to be fair, He's the only person I've heard say yeah, I stand by it. You do keep standing by it.
Speaker 1: You stand by a lot of things. I do.
Speaker 4: Wish you'd stand by the road and.
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in front of a train, not a moving train. I doesn't want to get hit by Hawk was in when he was in a training statue like a picture. You know, by that train, you're gonna be involved.
Speaker 1: Or stand at the end of the train with Tommy.
Speaker 5: Please sing drops Jupiter, God terrible, stop off God, God terrible. Just a brutal song.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to argue about train.
Speaker 6: Nails on a chalkboard because so let's go back to that real quick before we really dive into the Viking stuff. So if you look at the QBR, the quarterback rating, so there is it like getting points on a test for just writing your name because.
Speaker 1: Passer rate in QBR, right, it's a lot of times like.
Speaker 5: You are you also get credit for like yards per attempt and things like that.
Speaker 1: Right, So sometimes I think which one is.
Speaker 5: It is a QBR that also factors in like throwaways.
Speaker 1: Or do they both PBR?
Speaker 6: No, I don't know if it's just like ESPN's way of saying, like, well, we have our own metric and that's what we're going to do.
Speaker 5: The thing that ESPN did that was smart when they came up with the QBR is max it out at a hundred, right that a perfect score is one hundred as opposed to one fifty eight point three, which confuses everybody. Yeah, but I don't understand why either of them would have a score be better than zero. If you go over thirty with thirty spikes, well that makes sense.
Speaker 6: That's that's that's what I'm saying, Like you're getting credit as a quarterback just.
Speaker 5: For fielding for not turning the ball over, for fielding the snap right, for.
Speaker 4: Not turning the ball over. Yet you're not turning the ball over. Yes, that's the big one.
Speaker 1: Which which is man? Was it yesterday?
Speaker 3: Maybe it was even so far away?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 5: Maybe it was Greg Olsen even Yeah, I think it was talking about the Seahawks.
Speaker 1: So the Seahawks don't turn the ball over much.
Speaker 5: And it's what we always talk about with like quarterbacks like Brett Favre, it is okay to have an interception once in a while.
Speaker 1: That means you're aggressive.
Speaker 5: No one's asking for forty touchdowns and zero picks. That's actually probably not the most efficient football. That means you're not taking enough chances.
Speaker 9: It does depend on how it looks though as well. I mean he's correct'm probably a contested ball up. That's one thing, but another when you're just sailing one into somebody else.
Speaker 5: Again, you go back a handful of weeks when when McCarthy threw the fifty to fifty ball to JJ, and JJ got his feet tangled up and then the ball got picked off, and then we all argued about whether or not they should have thrown it to them because it was third and fourth, third and one or fourth and whatever it was. Yeah, but I still will go back and go, yeah, but there's nothing wrong with once in a while throwing a fifty to fifty ball to the best receiver in football. If it gets picked off once in a while, you have to live with that, that's fine. Nobody's expecting perfection. We just haven't seen anything close to adequate essentially this year outside of Carson wentz Andon, and Carson was never spectacular. He was just very adequate. It was solid. He wasn't lighting it up. But he wasn't just completely killing you like these two kids are.
Speaker 1: He was giving us a chance.
Speaker 5: He was giving you a chance, and he was hurt right, and they were asking him to go out there with like one arm, barely the arm.
Speaker 1: That you can even throw with.
Speaker 5: I think you should kick a couple of balls, because why not anyway, So what do you do with the quarterback? Ben? Like you said earlier, we may be damned if we do, damned if we don't. But what do you do if if McCarthy's healthy, that's the only option.
Speaker 1: That's the only option.
Speaker 6: I think that's the the thing is, Like, as much as I all I wanted from yesterday, just from a fan standpoint, was create a quarterback controversy, brosmur go out there and light up the world and you know, show everybody that you can play quarterback and that the quote unquote system works. I know that even in that scenario, you'd still have to start McCarthy because you have to know what you're going to get out of your first round investment. I get all that, but it'd be a lot of fun if we could be having these conversations about like I don't know, I'm a Broseburg guy. I'm a McCarthy guy. We gotta get like like that's fun for everybody. That keeps the rest of the season interesting. What happened yesterday was well, I guess we go back to McCarthy and that's that's how we feel. It's you can't go back out there with bros. Mur I mean, I mean obviously unless unless McCarthy doesn't pass any sort of concussion tests, you don't. I don't think you're gonna go to Warford or Wallford. Like he looks like he's an eighth grader out there. I mean, he's I don't even know if he's six foot tall, So.
Speaker 7: I'm not like I saw him of the sidelines and I'm like, not the short king sling correct.
Speaker 1: Let Napoleon throw the football.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Napoleon, Napoleon Dynamoe my Danny DeVito chuck. Oh god, I would watch that for sure, against the commander who cares.
Speaker 1: He can't get any worse.
Speaker 3: I don't need to seem door fun football.
Speaker 1: Oh see there, you guys have so many good ideas. This would all be more entertaining than yesterday. It was eighty one. So what frank Man, we need a veteran leader.
Speaker 4: We need somebody else take experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let it.
Speaker 5: Just like we talked about last week that even if Brozemer didn't work, it was just gonna be exciting to try something else. Now it backfired big time next week against the Commanders, the veto runs out of the tunnel, they'd.
Speaker 1: Lose their minds.
Speaker 3: He's dressed up like the penguin.
Speaker 5: Right, oswas like the penguin because he was the penguin.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But the Vikings, well so far McCarthy and Brosemar throw like they have flipper hands.
Speaker 1: Anyway, why not let the sling it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, let me ask you, Let me ask you guys this, what's his face?
Speaker 3: Let me ask you guys this.
Speaker 6: Take take away the result of the throw. We know that we gave the ball away five times yesterday we had four interceptions like but from but from a breaking of the hubble, receiving of the ball, progressions through the passing routes. Was there one or the other that you guys thought was like more pleasing that seemed like, oh, this actually looks like high level quarterbacking.
Speaker 9: Rosemann got rid of the ball way faster than jj JJ holds.
Speaker 3: Out of the ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, way too long. Yeah, JJ hangs on to it.
Speaker 7: Wait, there were multiple times when JJ starts, We're like, just throw the football.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: If they were both first round picks or both free agents, and you told me which would I rather see play? After watching these games, I'd rather see Brosman. But that's not the point. Yeah, one's a first round draft pick and one didn't get drafted, right, that's to me, that's the determining factor if if the concussions not in play.
Speaker 6: Now, again, as best as you can, you are correct, I think the answer is gonna be the same. But the as you can, let's just say that Brose Murmer was from the University of New Hampshire and never went to University of Minnesota. He probably would feel well, no, I'm just saying like he's on the team. But but do you still feel the same way. Yeah, but the team doesn't think that way. I mean as far as.
Speaker 9: Conversation, yes, absolutely, But I mean they're not going to just go, well he was one.
Speaker 6: No, I know that, But like I think, I do think that there is that that emotional connection to a lot of the fans.
Speaker 4: Must your break, He's very combative.
Speaker 3: The spec.
Speaker 5: Sassy, where did Vito play college football again.
Speaker 1: I don't mean Tommy Davito.
Speaker 4: I think junior High.
Speaker 5: I think it's it's sauces take on the McCarthy fastball. Is what's hard to watch is the brosemurv pass to Addison that got dropped. I'm like, man, that's a good looking spiral, nice pace, that's a super catchable ball, and he dropped it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, man, we need more of that.
Speaker 5: So like that's the play that like Man brosemur can it and then it got dropped, and then it felt like the whole rest of the game he just didn't have confidence in his wide.
Speaker 1: Receivers and vice versa.
Speaker 5: So I would still slightly lean towards Brozemers an easier watch the rocket ball out of McCarthy gets frustrated.
Speaker 4: Can I ask you to answer your own question, Ben, because you know better than any of us.
Speaker 6: I like the athleticism more of McCarthy. I think that he is more athletic. I think he gives us more of a chance in a pocket that's collapsing to make a play. Now does he Is he accurate on the run? I mean I would actually, I would actually contest the fact that I think that he's he gives you a better chance when he's actually outside the pocket out and he doesn't have to think about planting his feet and his footwidth and his shoulder the playing of his shoulders and all this other stuff, like if he's even thinking about that.
Speaker 1: But everybody else seems to think that he's thinking about that.
Speaker 6: So I actually think that even though he can be an accurate outside the pocket, I think he gives us a better chance when he's on the run.
Speaker 1: He plays a little bit more backyard football.
Speaker 6: It looks a little bit more aesthetically pleasing when he's outside the pocket and he's making he's trying to make plays. I mean the touchdown that he had to Hawkinson in the in the Green Bay game where he gets outside the pocket and he was no.
Speaker 1: Is it the Lions game.
Speaker 6: I think the Lions game where he gets outside the pocket and throws a dart, you know, hits him right between the numbers, Like that, to me is better. I liked Brozmer the way that he processed better. I like his progressions were snappier, and you heard it from Koc that it was almost too snappy, like he was actually going past guys that were open where I think McCarthy is slow to read some of that stuff. The one stat that I thought was really interesting, again going back to all the PFF hunters out there that only have football takes based on statistics, is that going into the Packers game, they said, again using analytics to support this point, that McCarthy had the fifth highest average time to throw in the pocket. So if you want to talk about offensive line not playing well and not give him a chance going into that game and the games that he played, he actually had lots of time to throw the football and that's the results we got. So if we have a healthy offensive line, and you know, Brozemer gets like a lot more reps and he gets a lot more comfortable with that same offensive line that McCarthy's had, I think that there might be a higher level of quarterbacking going on. But as far as athleticism and arm strength, then I'd have.
Speaker 1: To go with McCarthy.
Speaker 5: Now, I know you asked in terms of hypothetically, right, because McCarthy was a first round pick that we technically traded up for and Max Brosmer is undrafted, right, But not to keep using the tree lance proc party thing, because I think it's the most recent and best example. I think it's exactly what everybody was kind of experiencing this week. Is McCarthy's a first round pick, Brosmer's undrafted. This is the closest thing we've seen in a while. Once the roster is set, you would hope, and I think most teams try everything they can. They try to forget where they were drafted and just say, well, who's better? Correct, because again, according to the Niners, Lore Lance was there a year, Rock Perdy gets there, and Shanahan knew in training camp.
Speaker 1: That Perdy was better.
Speaker 5: So you have to as quickly as you possibly can as a head coach, as a GM, as an organization, go all right, I know so and so is the guy that we invested a whole bunch of picks in, we invested time in.
Speaker 1: This is our future. But we already know he doesn't have it.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying they already are saying McCarthy doesn't have it, and I'm not saying they think Brozmer's the guy, but they have to forget immediately where those two were drafted or not drafted, and just say who's better. If they think it's McCarthy and I think they probably still think it is. Then they have to go back to him as quickly as possible. But you got to forget where they were picked, right, it doesn't matter anymore?
Speaker 6: No, No, I think you're right. It does not matter. It should not matter anymore. I mean, well, I mean it it does for this season. It matters where they're drafted for the rest of this season, yes, for sure. Going to the next offseason, then all of that's off the table and you just you you have to evaluate whoever they bring in. It does not matter. It has to be a true, true competition because you know, when he got injured his rookie year, a lot of people are saying that it was neck and neck and he was actually leading by a nose against Darnold in this supposed competition through the offseason through training camp. If that's what it takes to get the best out of him, is to constantly press him with competition, then we have to bring in competition for the betterment of the team and the betterment of himself.
Speaker 5: Do you think mac Jones would come here in a Daniel Jones situation because Jones went to Indianapolis expecting to compete. It ans Richardson for the job and he won it. You think mac Jones would come here if they said, look at you and McCarthy and it's a it's a coin flip, like, if you're gonna do it, you're gonna have to beat him out.
Speaker 1: Probably not.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna guess that his agent's gonna say, I advise you to go to a team though you're you're basically you're gonna starter and you're gonna get starting money.
Speaker 3: He's a positives he needs you.
Speaker 7: Got a trade for him, though he would he's he's got one year left on his contract. You could trade for mac Jones quick.
Speaker 1: Doesn't mean.
Speaker 3: In this game, Dallas Turner, what a game that guy had.
Speaker 9: He's leading sack tied right, Yeah, he's got four in the last three games. And maybe the funniest thing I've ever seen when they thought that they the Seahawks were going to do the tush push and L d R lays down on the ground and then they shifted out of it.
Speaker 3: His realization like, well they're not doing that, Okay, I gotta get back up. Give him a lot. I was cracking up when I saw that. Positive stuff. Guys, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: How the positivity is thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: I want to play that Jalen Naylor interview that you did in the locker room and ask you about what he said about the cadence situation when we come back.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, sounds good.
Speaker 5: All right, More with ben leeber More Vikings discussion after this muss is here.
Speaker 1: This is the Power Tim Morning Show.