Speaker 1: All right, it's Mojo in the Morning. So Shannon, I got to get an update from you. Where we last left the Mojo in the Morning show. Is Shannon going to get a house? What's going to go on? What we put an.
Speaker 2: Offer on that house? Which we did?
Speaker 3: Did I I didn't even tell you guys this because you were here and you were not here Mojo. But last week West and I did put an offer on it, and we put an offer on it, and I wrote a letter to the homeowner and dropped it off.
Speaker 4: Which I really wanted it. Yeah, what did the letter say?
Speaker 3: Well, the offer that we made on this house and this if you missed it, like super long story Shore is just there are there are those certain houses that you see and I'm like, gosh, if that ever goes up for sale, I want a chance. I just want to walk through it, which we did. But the letter basically said that we knew our offer was I mean, it was way lower than the asking price, but the house had been on the market for a while. So in my gut, I was like maybe at this point, like we kind of actually knew this already. There she wanted to get rid of it, were like, you know, introduced who we were and just noted the fact that we know our offer was below the asking price, but like we could see our family here, you know, all the all the tugging at the heart string things.
Speaker 2: So put in an offer, wrote.
Speaker 3: The letter and kind of knew in my heart that it wasn't going to happen.
Speaker 2: And it didn't happen.
Speaker 3: We got a text saying we didn't get it, which when Wes Wes was the one that got the text from our realtor who's a friend of mine, and my heart sunk because I was I was more disappointed than I thought I would be about it, like because I knew it was such a pipe dream to even do this and move and the kids had no the kids still have no idea.
Speaker 2: Please got its listening well, but that's not.
Speaker 3: Like the end all be all, So I would have taken them through it then, and you know a lot of things happen even after an offer gets accepted that you're you know, you're not stuck. But I was really just pointed and through talking to Wes, I feel like doing this with this house kind of did a real like wonders for our relationship and not that we were in a bad place or anything.
Speaker 2: But I feel like.
Speaker 3: The whole process of doing this like brought us closer together. Just working together to get everything done with the bank that we needed to show and sitting and pouring over our finances and like writing out numbers and budgets and dreaming of what we would do with the house and like renovations. And he's very hands on and he's like, oh, I would want to do this myself, and this myself, and we could spend weekends doing this and that was really fun for us. And so as bumped as I was, he sent me a text and he was like, Hey, I just want to let you know I'm really happy we even attempted to do this, and I'm really proud of us. I'm okay with how it played out because I've never felt more aligned with you.
Speaker 2: This was all a way win, yeah.
Speaker 3: And I was like, Okay, Like I do, I do see that and feel that way, even though I'm still really bummed, But I'm like, the silver lining is I think for him it was the fact that I was I was the one that got the ball rolling. I was the one willing to step away from the house that I've lived in for ten years and do this very big thing together.
Speaker 1: That's great because the last time that you guys looked at homes there wasn't it seemed like you guys both on the same page.
Speaker 3: Correct, And we were very much on the same page with this. And to him, he didn't want to get the house the last time, rud No, I didn't.
Speaker 4: You didn't want I didn't. Oh you didn't want to?
Speaker 2: And then I kind and then I kind of switched and was like, well, wait, I actually do. So it was it's just been.
Speaker 3: A process, and he was like taking a step back. This is this was like our first big thing. I mean obviously aside from getting married, but like that we were we were going to do together when we were both on board.
Speaker 1: Do you is it so when you don't get something like if you don't you know get that like people buy you know, a car or something like that, or you you know, looking at do you now go back to your house and not like your house that you're in right now?
Speaker 3: Honestly the opposite. I feel really grateful for my house. But there are also so many projects that we've been putting off, putting off, putting off them, like okay, this is green light that we are going to you know, until I see another house that I like. We're going to be here for a while, and we should greenlight these projects and get them done.
Speaker 4: I love that y'all had that moment though. That was beautiful.
Speaker 2: It was for us, and it was needed for us. It was needed for.
Speaker 1: Us that would think that would have been wild if that letter that you wrote, though, made this person go, you know what, We're going to give them this house. Yeah, and they're not going to pay for it at all.
Speaker 5: My house.
Speaker 2: Trust me.
Speaker 5: I wrote a letter and I way underbid everybody, and they were so moved by my letter that they accepted my offers.
Speaker 4: Are you serious so that happened?
Speaker 5: Theots you don't take?
Speaker 4: Did you? Did you embellish the letter at all?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I was actually just genuine.
Speaker 4: What have you said that?
Speaker 5: Obviously I'm in Florida, there's things. I'm a Hispanic female, so there's like an avocado, a mango tree. These are things that I've had in my grandparents' house, in my dad's house, and just things that reminded me of being with my dad who's no longer here. And I said, he would have loved this backyard. He gardens he grew fruit and trees and things like that, and just kind of let him know about the area and like her, I can see my family in this house. We can make so many memories in it, and we understand it's not the perfect house, but we're going to make it our perfect house.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So it just went like that, and then the realtor came back and told us she's like they were crying. They accepted your offer. And I was like, you miss one hundred percent of the shots. You don't take.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you about to start writing.
Speaker 3: I think for this one it didn't work because these people weren't attached to the house.
Speaker 2: They've only lived there for a few years. Yeah, it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Like they raised their family there and their grandkids and it was not that situation.
Speaker 2: But I still wrote it anyway.
Speaker 1: You know, if somebody told me the other day when because it's hard, the market still doesn't have a lot of inventory out there, somebody said, you got to look at the death notices to see who's who.
Speaker 4: Grant like Granny died.
Speaker 1: Because because they say that the because the generational people that are that have held on to homes for such a long period of time and then grandma kicks the bucket or Grandpa kicks the butt bucket, and now the grandkids are like, I don't.
Speaker 4: Want this house.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's the way to uh, to kind of do it, or or look for old people walking gingerly around homes, push them down, down, sat, squat, just jump in the house.
Speaker 4: That's what you and West you do.
Speaker 1: Just go in there and squat in that house and just see what ends up happening. That's a great that's such a great story to to hear that. This was actually a good moment because I will say this, sometimes homes break people up. Like sometimes the idea of people going into something like this, and I will say this to you, the number one cause of to vorus is financial instability.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it would have stretched us. I said that to you talking to you about it.
Speaker 1: If you if you guys go into a situation like this and then it turns out to be, oh my god, like sometimes with the biggest blessing is what doesn't happen?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: And I even said to Wes, what would have happened if you got that text from Meg who's that a realtor?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: And she she was like they accepted it, and he goes, I would have spit myself, like I would have had almost a heart attack, because yeah, to.
Speaker 4: Figure some things out.
Speaker 1: Yeah have you ever have you ever done that where you went to go buy something or you wanted to go buy something and it extended you too much to a point where you're like, I probably shouldn't be doing this, but I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna treat myself. And it doesn't happen. You're so pissed off about the whole thing, and then later you look like a medical bill comes up or something happens to you, you know, and.
Speaker 3: Now you're well even with the last one that we didn't get because this is the second house that we've looked at in like in the course of a year. Think, God, we didn't get that. Wes lost his job right after, and so we were like, okay, is like, thank you God that this is how it happened.
Speaker 2: Reason you know, Wait, I don't want to lose my job.
Speaker 1: I don't want to know, but can I But you know, you don't you don't realize, like there's there's a reason. I mean, everybody you know, like for Jessica that writes the letter. There's a reason why that happens, why you don't get the house. There's also a reason too, another house pops pops up. That's even better than that. You're not You're not stuck going. I'd like to move into an apartment. To be honest with you. At this point, keep.
Speaker 2: Saying, I keep saying. I keep telling him, I'm like, do you want trades?
Speaker 4: I'd like to.
Speaker 1: We don't have anybody at home with us anymore, you know what I mean, neighbor Huh.
Speaker 4: I would do that. Chelsea and I talked about that.
Speaker 1: Chelse and I talked about would we ever, you know, get up, get an apartment or something downtown and move downtown.
Speaker 2: Easy maintenance, and well, you know what, I.
Speaker 4: Like the idea.
Speaker 1: That's the biggest pain in the ass of own in the house is trying to find something. And it used to be you could call somebody and it come out a couple hundred bucks or whatever. Now it's like minimum five hundred dollars to get somebody to.
Speaker 4: Get thumb tacks that it's an app and it's much more so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you basically get some handy guy that has no.
Speaker 5: Job. It's easier in Michigan than it is in Florida to get stuff done. I realize that my mom's house fixed. Here in Florida, they'll charge you for the air you breathe, so at least the maintenance is a little bit easier here. You don't have to pull a permit for every single thing you do to your house.
Speaker 4: Plus, people in Florida are kind of weird.
Speaker 1: Thing.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, it's always yeah in the news, like there's like the string guy pulls up, you know.
Speaker 1: I had one time had a guy paint my my house. Guy shows up for day number one of painting. Albanian dude in a Mercedes car like a like not a truck. Guy pulls up in a literal. I said, all right, what's going on here? And I'm like, he's coming to give me an estimate. Mercedes beautiful car and like looks like one that like you know, a rich dude in Birmingham drives. I'm thinking, this guy is not every day showed up to paint my house in that same car.
Speaker 5: Job.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking to myself, I'm paying way too much money than this guy's driving that