Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, we're bi alone. Yeah, seven o four Mark Parrish over there. Uh, Parker Fox just came in.
Speaker 2: Look at Parker Fox. He's moving on, big TV star.
Speaker 3: Parker Fox just laying the Gophers, No big deal.
Speaker 1: He looks wide awake in the morning and we're not allowed to talking about what he's about to do.
Speaker 4: But it's gonna be big stuff, man, Big things are happening.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, it was really fun. Yeah, last week was fun.
Speaker 6: Just being back, you know, in the gym was was a different feeling. But to like to see Nico and the whole new crew and everything, and I think they're gonna have a lot of success moving forward, so it's fun to.
Speaker 2: Kind of just be a small part in that. I know, I know him.
Speaker 3: We only got to know him for sixty minutes, but man, what a down to earth good dude. During the commercial breaks, he was super nice.
Speaker 2: He got a cheer for Yeah, he mentioned all of you, especially you Hawk.
Speaker 6: He was just ready about your basketball IQ and knowledge and the whole crew. But yeah, yeah, he's great, good dude. He hopped on the microphone too after and just like address the crowd the exhibition game, which was just so cool. Something you don't even think that it's necessary, but like that's how his mind works, So it's awesome he's trying to move this thing in the right direction. Good for him.
Speaker 3: Do we have a squad though, is it like give me, give me the is this a is it a young team? Is it a team that needs to exceed expectations? What do we got in terms of an actual roster team that has like a lot of question marks. They're going to be led by cade Tyson, who was at North Carolina last year and really like didn't play the year before that was at Belmont, was like a forty seven percent three point shooter average seventeen a game. Went to UNC thinking he's kind of moving up and just like didn't get the opportunity. So if he can kind of return to that form that he was in the year before, he's going to lead that squad. They got a shooter off the bench from Davidson who's about a forty five percent three point shooter, a guard from Western Michigan that solid returner, Isaacasuma, and then their front court is going to be their question.
Speaker 2: Don't have a lot of depth there.
Speaker 6: They start Robert Bijola transfer from San Jose State and then they bring a kid off the bench from Alexander Minnesota and Grayson Grove. So I think that's going to, you know, be the spot where they struggle a little bit. And as you know, in the Big Ten, you have to be big. The front court has to be there. So I think that's going to be the one thing that they're kind of putting the question marks on. But if they can bring that wing depth along, they'll be able to score the ball.
Speaker 3: So they're missing that Dawson Garcia Parker five factors.
Speaker 2: That's exactly where I was trying to get at. They could really use.
Speaker 6: Me, but but no, I think it's going to be fun and as you know, it takes time, especially in this nil era, you have to raise a couple million dollars if you want to go get a big center to go.
Speaker 2: What is the Dawson update? Still with the Pistons.
Speaker 6: So with the Pistons had a little preseason super minor injury that's probably gonna stick them in the G League for a while. But I think that's a great opportunity for him. The Pistons are kind of trending in the right direction upwards. They got some talent, they got some depth, so there's not really a position for him to like step in right away as a rookie. So I think for him to go in the G League kind of grind his way up, have a lot of success with the Motor City League team, and then hopefully that turns over to some actual NBA minutes.
Speaker 2: So but yeah, he's out there in Detroit.
Speaker 6: He's loving it and giving himself a chance to be an NBA player.
Speaker 2: So awesome. Yeah, it's fun for you. Appreciate it. I know it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: All right, let's do the news with Christopher Yeah lees that go Hockey?
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, no, I know you made it. I don't know where you put it. But for some reason the news opener got deleted or got outdated, so we don't know. This is the news with me.
Speaker 7: This is Camp News with Chris Hockey, presented by the twenty twenty six I I a Jeff World Junior Championship.
Speaker 4: See how he did that?
Speaker 2: Well doing That's live, man, that was that's live Professionals Live.
Speaker 3: Hey can I start this really quickly? It's a trivia question. Hell yeah, it's news related.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: I hope you guys didn't see this. I'm sure some of you did because you're on Twitter. Yeah, the Louver heist that I had nothing to do, Yeah, yeah, right nothing. Did you guys see what they say those jewels are worth? I just heard about this heist. I did not see that. I'm gonna go with smash and grab.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: They went through the second floor, they get into the Apollo room, they steal the jewels in the Jungle room, in and out.
Speaker 2: In seven minutes.
Speaker 3: Great point estimated worth of those jewels that they stole.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go two hundred and twenty five million dollars.
Speaker 2: Two hundred and twenty five million dollars, Parker. I was told priceless. I don't know if that's.
Speaker 3: Priceless a number, but diceless is what they described it as. Let's go have an estimated worse seventy million, seventy million sauce.
Speaker 2: Let's go five hundred million, hundred million.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm gonna go crazy, and I'm gonna go like seven hundred and fifty seven hundred and fifty million, Zachary four hundred.
Speaker 2: And twenty million, sixty nine. Maybe I like that.
Speaker 3: You guys all went super high. They are estimating that the group that smashed into the louver and got in and out and then escaped on motorbikes within about seven minutes. One hundred and two point six three million dollars. And they are already fearing that some of those jewels may have been melted down.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, did they say they drop like the most expensive one or something?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a couple a couple of them were recovered almost immediately. They must have dropped one or two of them, but the rest of them may never see again. One hundred and two million dollars.
Speaker 1: You had you had to drop the crown because you had to put your hands around the waist of the guy who's actually right You were like.
Speaker 2: Don't go to fast. We didn't think of this. Yeah, why do you just wear the crown through the streets? And that they would have known it was you.
Speaker 3: That's a boss move. You're escaping where it was that the burger king who was listen.
Speaker 1: I admittedly I don't have the mind of a thief. But it's one thing to steal them. It's another thing to take something that old and so precious and melt it down, destroy it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't be able to do it.
Speaker 2: That's the part that bothers me, is it's the history. Yeah right, you're not. You're noting history.
Speaker 3: Give it to the highest bidder, or hold it for ransom against the entire country of France, going oh, I'll give it back to you.
Speaker 2: You just have to pay up right. It's just I want to melt it down that some political move now.
Speaker 4: Some people just want to watch the crown burn exactly.
Speaker 2: Man, Well see if if they ever catch these people.
Speaker 3: They're analyzing surveillance footage, and like I said, when I was there, I noticed a million cameras. There just didn't seem to be a lot of security people. Just cameras everywhere. That doesn't stop a robbery. That just helps you solve it when it's over.
Speaker 7: So you've been talking about a heist forever. You went a day and a half before and scoped out the place. It was a zero pardon.
Speaker 3: I was in that exact room a day and a half before me and I had zero to do with it.
Speaker 2: Is looking at you. Well, let's say this.
Speaker 3: John Bonus changed my opinion on whether or not I would ever announce if I won the power Ball, Right, he convinced me to remain anonymous. Well, the other thing we've talked about forever. Is if you win the power Ball and you want to remain anonymous, you can't win the power Ball and resign from the power trip the next morning.
Speaker 2: And it's like, how did you just quit?
Speaker 3: If powerball went off in Plymouth yesterday and he quits the you can't do that. So if I'm one seventh of one hundred and two million dollars, if I resign in six months or maybe a year, Yeah, yeah, maybe a year and a half.
Speaker 2: Something's up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you were happier than usual yesterday and that's carried over today.
Speaker 2: Happy to see you guys.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you're going to figure this out.
Speaker 2: An awfully big smile. You'll click on the way out yesterday.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he knows he's going to thunder down under on Friday.
Speaker 2: It's happy to be back in the United States of America. It's a great country. Welcome back to me. Yes, we missed you. We want proof this country is great. Here's the news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna have to start someplace else then let's see, you know, I'll start with this. The Mega million jackpot continues to climb, no grand prize winner and Tuesday Night's big drawing, so the Jackpot rolls over to six hundred and eighty million dollars with cash option of about three eighteen.
Speaker 4: Next drawing is on Friday.
Speaker 3: See, you could either rob the louver about five and a half six times or just win the Mega millions and there's no jail time if you win the Mega millions.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true, baby, that's true.
Speaker 1: Popular weight loss drugs like ozembic and zepbound are also now helping folks with sleep apnea. Researchers reported at a meeting at the American College of Chest Physicians, Oh my god, what was enough?
Speaker 2: Chest physician? How did you not go to school for that? You had a bad guy council? He seriously, how did you miss that? Somebody failed you bad?
Speaker 4: I'm an amateur chest physician, Chris.
Speaker 2: What are your interests?
Speaker 7: He would have taken one of those tests, It would have said that would have been like one hundred per.
Speaker 2: H You clearly weren't being honest.
Speaker 4: What are my interest mismanaged? Looked down?
Speaker 2: Well, Chris, it is going to be eight years of school. I volunteer this tribute.
Speaker 4: Why am I taking generals? I just want to get straight to the boobies.
Speaker 2: In your life?
Speaker 1: Comes home smiling leaves for work, early healed clicking. Researchers looked at the data on more than one and a half million patients with type two diabetes, and over a court of them were prescribed weight loss drugs. The FDA last year approves that Bound is the first drug to treat sleep at me and adults with obesity. How about that, man, They're finding so many things about this miracle drug, and I'm telling you, it made my thin grow.
Speaker 2: This weird house. Science compounds, right.
Speaker 3: It seems like once one floodgate kind of opens and all of a sudden, it's like, hey, we solve this problem, and that problem solves six other problems, and then those problems solved other.
Speaker 2: It's just, you know whatever, it's exponential. It's awesome. Modern medicine is amazing. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 9: Last week he was talking about how it's made his thing grow. Somebody, I don't think you can guess, asked to see it. Keeps asking men. Yeah, he texted about it. I wasn't here, can I guess?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sure, just stop me when I get it. Yeah, okay, I'm.
Speaker 3: Just gonna keep saying names. You guys all just say stop. As soon as I get it right, the person who asked to see Hawks people. If I say it, because I don't, I don't know who this is. If I say it, all of you in Unison just say stop.
Speaker 2: Got it shot into the dark. Yeah, okay, all right, let's see you. Let me just start throwing out names, Tommy Olson, stop.
Speaker 4: I was gonna start with Carlos Mencia.
Speaker 9: What happy birthday? Birthday Carlos? Did we get canceled for jokes?
Speaker 2: Stealing?
Speaker 8: That was.
Speaker 2: Stealing? Lopez?
Speaker 9: Rogan went on stage and no, I think it was Cosby. I think he was stealing Cosby's.
Speaker 3: In hindsight, go for Yeah, just steal his material.
Speaker 2: Oh, don't deal with strategies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to read this story even though it's not news, but I find it really fascinating.
Speaker 4: It's kind of sportsy. So this is a true story.
Speaker 1: This was posted on the Rockford, Minnesota History facebook page. But I find it fascinating. You ever there, Zcho, Yes, sir, you're gonna love this. Mancello of Minnesota History found a treasured trove of old newspapers and documents in a building that was being remodeled in Monticello. Saved them from a dumpster. Below is an article of detailing Rockford and Manticello playing baseball on May twenty ninth of eighteen eighty five, last Friday, the baseball team from Manticello, together with several citizens, loaded themselves into the Titus's red omnibus with four horses drawing and four or five other rigs, and they left to go to Rockford to play a friendly game of baseball. The day was beautiful and the ride was highly enjoyed. They all dined in Buffalo, so they stopped along the way in Buffalo and had something to eat because it's a long damn way back then from Monticello to Rockford, right. They proceeded then to Rockford, where they arrived at about two thirty pm. The game started at three point forty on account of the non arrival of Rockford's pitcher from Minneapolis, so he was running late, so they had to start the baseball game late because he had to come all the way from Minneapolis. The ground was not very smooth, not level, and the Monticello boys had good use to put the time waiting into practicing on the uneven grounds. The game was in progress, however, and developed some pretty good playing. There were numerous double plays and divers in action, which brought out applause from the spectators. After the game and an exchange of chivalry charmed the visiting club was invited to partake in a mountainous repast prepared by the excellent ladies of Rockford. The drive home was also a pleasure and one in the light of the moon. The return game will be played in Monticello on Thursday, June eleventh. Rockford is a beautifully romantic hamlet nestled in the grove on the bank of the Crow River. That's an actual newspaper article from eighteen eighty five.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's super cool. That's beautifully written. Isn't that cool? Though not by artificial Intentionally, you.
Speaker 1: Don't think of I mean because I know baseball started. If you've seen the documentary from Ken Ken Burns on Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's beautifully done.
Speaker 1: Yes, we've been playing baseball since you know, a long time Civil war, right. Yeah, you don't think about the fact that they you couldn't get on the bus and drive to the team. You know, if you were going to play in Rockford and you're from Monticello, it take you a long time to get.
Speaker 7: There and half your team would die of dysentery.
Speaker 2: Wait is that real? Man? All right? Trivia? Isn't that Cool's game of the news?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: What else noteworthy happened in the year eighteen eighty five?
Speaker 2: Back to the Future three nailed it? Train? Yeah, Back to the.
Speaker 4: Future went over the over the train tracks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, sure, loves that movie, Chris Hockey.
Speaker 4: It's the best of the three.
Speaker 2: It's the worst of three and it's not close. Who love it? I love it? I love that Dan, Yeah, mad Dog Buford Tannan.
Speaker 1: Step brother's mom is the love Mary steam Margin who is married to Ted dance.
Speaker 2: Dancing exactly greating Curb. Yeah, oh yeah, I love that movie.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 2: Did they show her in like a old timey it like an old tiny dress? For sure, she's all nude, dude.
Speaker 3: I laughed harder than I've laughed in a long time on the plane the other day flying back. They had season I think it's seven ish of Curb as one.
Speaker 2: Of your options on the plane.
Speaker 3: I hadn't watched that season in a long time. It was the Seinfeld season. Whatever season that is where they do the Seinfeld ringing bit. That also though, so the funk house. That's not why I laughed at them.
Speaker 5: All.
Speaker 3: My girls are animal fans, right, they they're they're they're they're the stereotypical chicks.
Speaker 2: They like they like animals, they care about animals. Good for them. Uh.
Speaker 3: The episode of Curb with the black Swan at the golf club where Larry hits a ball down by the lake or down by the pond, and he goes down.
Speaker 2: There's a bunch of like swans, but.
Speaker 3: The club owner really cares about one black swan, And when Larry's down by his ball, the black swan starts coming over the hill and then starts running towards Larry, like in an attack formation. I tap my eleven year old on the shoulder, go, hey, watch this, watch this, and point to the screen.
Speaker 2: She was watching something on her iPad.
Speaker 3: But I point to the screen, going and I know what's about to happen, but didn't think quite enough about like how affected she's gonna be by it. Yeah, black swan full speed runs at Larry David, and Larry gets threatened, so he takes the golf club.
Speaker 2: I forgot how aggressively.
Speaker 3: The swan explodes, her jaw drops in horror and Bailey and Angie looking.
Speaker 2: Like, what are you making her watch that?
Speaker 10: For?
Speaker 2: I cry, I'm wiping away tears.
Speaker 3: I laughed so hard because it was so funny and she was not having it. Oh yeah, Harper was terrified that even a fictional black Swan exploded. I wiped away tears for I'm not exaggerating, probably thirty seconds straight, and all three of them go, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: I'm six hours into this flight. This is my favorite moment of this hell hole. Let's get home. But god, dang it, that episode.
Speaker 3: I've forgotten how brilliant that entire episode is. Yeah, the only reason they're on the course is because Larry yelled at the guy the previous day and the guy had a heart.
Speaker 2: Attack and died, so he's on the course.
Speaker 3: Everybody else takes the day off of the golf because respect for norm except for Larry's group.
Speaker 2: And then he kills the black Swan. Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 3: Then the the engraver guy changes the stone and Larry's mom's it's just it's it's it is Seinfeld on steroids. It's so freaking good. That's the greatest comedy of all time. Yes, it is Curbs number one.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 1: There's the news. Let's go to a high v and we'll be right back to some sports time.
Speaker 11: Now for the Vikings Report, presented by Hive, the official grocery partner of the Minnesota Vikings linebacker Jonathan Grenard. It joins the Power Trip next thanks to Ivy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you guys know Adam Sandler, right sure, man is playing the show at Grand Casino tonight.
Speaker 4: Tonight.
Speaker 2: We have like two more shots of.
Speaker 1: Tickets, you know center by the way, it used to be the X. In case you're confused, because I have to keep saying that because people get confused, Like.
Speaker 4: Parker had no idea what I was saying.
Speaker 2: Just now, You're always confused, Parker, I'm so confused. That's sad, poor guy.
Speaker 6: I got it right here in front of me the speaker, Grand Casino Arena. There you go, there you go, branding wild sweatshirt.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 7: That's where your girl is going to play here pretty soon. That's really wild for the while.
Speaker 2: That would be got a great and you're off there we go, I think, yeah, they would be.
Speaker 7: Yeah, how about the Gopher women by the way, you see that, Yeah, we.
Speaker 6: Were watching it live, but yeah, it was a full out.
Speaker 2: There was like three seconds left.
Speaker 6: Two girls go to the penalty box and then Gophers are up six three.
Speaker 2: Drop the puck.
Speaker 6: The girl kind of dives on it, so the the you know, they don't like that, so she's cross checking her. And then the game ends and the two girls come out of the box and they're throwing actual like fists. Four girls are suspended for for next week, and then both the bench is clear and these girls are just going at it. The coaches start bickering back and forth. Yeah it was. It was pretty pretty electric.
Speaker 4: Fight fight.
Speaker 2: Parish on Friday.
Speaker 8: You forgot the name man Boldy, Yes I did, Thank you for reminding me. In the world, can you name the only female player in history to play in an NHL preseason game?
Speaker 2: Do you remember her name? And do you remember the team she played for, Manan Room and Jampa Bay Lightning. Dear God, are you gonna mess with it like that?
Speaker 4: You're gonna mess with them like that?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have known how to pronounce it, but I'm reading it right now. Say it again. How do you what country?
Speaker 5: More?
Speaker 8: She is a Canadian Montreal something for Yeah, she was pretty good. She was she was pretty good. I you know I was obviously was a little bit before my time. But yeah, I talked to the guys that kind of played against her and played with her and everything, and she could play like she was a good dude.
Speaker 2: You're not kidding it.
Speaker 3: According to this, she played in one and only a preseason game in nineteen ninety two. She only gave up forty seven goals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: That's not what I mean. So she did pretty well break that glass ceiling.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 7: And Adam Sandler is playing Grand Casino Arena tonight. Call her eleven. Gets a pair of tickets, two more chances. This is lasted two so good luck.
Speaker 2: Nailed it?
Speaker 4: Hey, get it done?
Speaker 2: Yeah done? Wow? You remember that name?
Speaker 9: Yeah, but not Boldie right, Yeah, and I'll answer for my client. He won thousand percent? Would yeah, thousand percent. It looks like, oh I respect yeah Hawkwood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's attractive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is man not all about looks? Course?
Speaker 3: This is this is this is just for Rosie just in case Rosie's listening. Is Goalie the no, I'll hang on. I'm already gonna answer my own question because I'm thinking of Kathy Ireland.
Speaker 2: And necessary roughness.
Speaker 3: Kicker has got to be the number one answer for position that a female could play in a male in a professional sport.
Speaker 4: Whatever she likes. Man, I don't care.
Speaker 3: But you think kicker field goal kicker, like like Lucy from Necessary Roughness. Yeah, you would think. So what else? Because the NBA wouldn't work Baseball. I don't think there's a spot. Oh really, Hockey, it's got to be goalie. It's either goalie or kicker hunter. Those are the three.
Speaker 2: Those are the three top three. Yeah, it has to be.
Speaker 8: I feel like some woman is streaming at the radio right now, but.
Speaker 3: I'm cink three.
Speaker 2: Quarterback. Yeah, I don't think that's gonna work. Why not? But uh, I think we could middle linebacker. I don't think that's gonna work.
Speaker 3: I don't think ice Box from Little Giants is rolling through left tackle hawks.
Speaker 2: Everything like a female Damian. What is he's in?
Speaker 11: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip presented by All Around your Timber Tech deck building contractor.
Speaker 9: The Vikings battle the Chargers on tomorrow, actually at seven to twenty pregame at five.
Speaker 2: We'll talk more about that in Vikings News.
Speaker 4: Lots of audio for you next.
Speaker 9: But a hawk perish the NBA opened their season last night the thunder the Rockets won twenty four and doublet and then the Warriors beat the Lakers one nineteen one oh nine.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you were I don't know if you were listening to very drunk. Well, I don't know if you're listening. So in case I had it wrong.
Speaker 3: So Kevin Durant tried to call a time out at the end of the first overtime.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but the rest didn't see it. Is that what happened?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he almost pulled the Chris Webber didn't have a timeout to call. Grabs the rebund with the two seconds left underneath the hoop. So what that would do would advance the ball. You'd have two seconds to you know, outlet it in your half court. And so he's signaling and the rest don't give it to him. They get together, but you can't go back and do it. You have the rest would have had to blow the whistle, call the time out and then award.
Speaker 2: Okay, see the technical free throws.
Speaker 6: He was super pissed, like their Mark Dagne out their coaches out there screaming, their players are out there and and they messed it up and Shay addressed it post game, was like, hey, they messed it up, but so be it. And then the Warriors won anyways and double sorry yeah, still still got the win. But yeah, it was almost just one of those brain fart moments from Katie, who played awesome too.
Speaker 2: It's like the first time he's filed out a long time. Yeah, well, I mean double overtime does that to you as well.
Speaker 4: But here he is on being fouled out.
Speaker 2: I was very drunk. Katie was drunk. Wow, his first game, he probably was high. I don't know, he was drug.
Speaker 3: You don't have to name names, do you know that if you ever played with somebody at the collegiate level, Gophers or otherwise, yes, drunk or high? Oh yeah all the time, not drunk either the other all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I had some teammates that were, yeah, high every every practicipation. Yeah, well that's just how they lived their life like. They were just always high. So that's just how it kind of worked for them. But yeah, that would yeah, but they were just used to it. Yeah, they would definitely relaxed.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't know how the heck they would have done it, but yeah, I definitely had some teammates. And then also sometimes you would play against other guys and you would just like smell the backwood on their jersey or like the warm up or whatever. You're like, this guy was definitely smoking for sure. So yeah, it's always funny. But like Katie is notorious for saying like he plays high all the time.
Speaker 3: So I mean just one of the I don't know, ten or fifteen best players of all time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yep, somewhere in that kind of wolves open their blue to not yeah, or smoking blunt against the trail, good Lebanese hash say those things, kippie counter culture because he likes it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, what what are you gonna were you? Were you talking down to him?
Speaker 2: Kestler? No, I love pat.
Speaker 3: Let him blaze it, yeah, dude, quiet, Yeah, he doesn't wind everybody to know he's talking to you.
Speaker 9: One to over the Land, sweet Jesus, one over the land, be friends.
Speaker 2: So there's still time.
Speaker 9: I've asked him to play Initials game, the Initials game, because that's all we care about.
Speaker 12: Mm hm, and uh he says like he's always busy. I'm a little man, Okay, Well I think that what that means is he's scared of losing to you. Yeah, you really love me, don't you.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do. Path he's pretty good.
Speaker 9: Uh, how did you hang up the phone and calling there the sweet sweet ganja?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Correct, the Wolves are minus four and a half that you can consumed marijuana.
Speaker 2: Yes, the Wolves game can be heard right here on the fan. Uh, and is questionable with backspasm.
Speaker 7: That's a lie.
Speaker 2: Oh that's true. That is true. I heard, uh that person say it. Those aren't fun. Oh, that person, it is true.
Speaker 6: And then you gotta get on a flight and go all the way to Portland and with some back spasms that's not ideal, but well that might be fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then smoke the sticky Yeah, they'll goose the pills, go ahead of.
Speaker 4: Here's Finch, he's pumped to get some.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a lot of excitement.
Speaker 8: We started looking at some things Portland specific this week.
Speaker 2: So I think that's guy. The guy's focused in the right direction.
Speaker 13: And you know, these guys have been through a lot of training camps now, so you know they put the work in.
Speaker 2: But now we gotta, you know, we gotta take it to another level when the season open. He's all man.
Speaker 3: And since nobody in this town reports let's just ask the uh, the guy from his own mouth.
Speaker 2: Here's an ant on his back problem, I need back on me. Wow, that's good.
Speaker 3: He'd probably add some cuss words in there. But yeah, and here's everybody Parker ever played with.
Speaker 2: I look like somebody that would smoke marijuana.
Speaker 9: Did you guys see the bit over the weekend when Ant like handled out all those awards and he can reviewed the gal from Matilda?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's his favorite movie. That was so good. She was like so taking, like, oh it was yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 9: So the Wilder three three and one. They battled the Devils tonight in New Jersey. That game can be heard right here on the fan.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they got to go in there against a very good New Jersey Devils team. Jackie okay, sorry sorry, sorry, start the clock.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Time for the Hockey Minute with Mark Parrish, brought to you by friends at Saint Plod State University.
Speaker 4: Go Huskies.
Speaker 8: Uh no, you know the while they coming off on a big win in at Madison Square Garden. There's no better place to win on the road than Madison Square Garden. Philip Gustuston stood tall. We had eure Off getting his first NHL goal and they're gonna need to keep playing great against the New Jersey Devils. Uh mark Strom is a spectacular goaltender and Jack Hughes just coming off of a hat trick, the third of his career. Jack Hughes feeling good. Yes, per Bratt, They've got some spectacular hockey.
Speaker 2: Players in New Jersey.
Speaker 8: But as long as the Wild keep playing this full team game.
Speaker 2: I love the Dcor.
Speaker 8: I love seeing the William Spurgeon, the Faber Brodean and the Middleton. You're a check matchup. I love seeing the young guys with the veterans. As long as these guys keep learning and keep improving, we will see a lot more of games like that this season.
Speaker 2: Nice, that was excellent. Thank you, thank you. I mean, I'm sorry there. How long were you there? Two years?
Speaker 3: Oh weird?
Speaker 2: Would you major? In hockey?
Speaker 9: Dodgers Blue Jays World Series is this Friday at seven o'clock. The Dodgers are minus one fifty to win the game and minus two fifteen to win the series. The Gophers battle the Hawkeys this Saturday at two point thirty pregame at twelve thirty.
Speaker 2: Right here on the fan.
Speaker 9: The Hawkeyes are now eight and a half point favorite eight and a half.
Speaker 6: Wow, it's a lot. I think the golfers win straight up. Yeah, I think they went straight up. Look at you, I do. They looked really good last week. Yeah he did, and Iowa was good. They got they got a good quarterback. But he can't throw the ball. He just likes to run. So yeah, we'll see what happens. Forrest Gump just started running.
Speaker 4: Yeah, never just felt like running.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He was good at it. Yeah, running and he ran along with the country. Sure did pretty good.
Speaker 3: Dove and a Juggalow Jersey had day. He was tired, Yeah, he's quite tired. Biking's news is next. Parker Fox is here, Mark Parrish is here. This is the Power Drip Morning, Joe on the Ben.
Speaker 7: It's a Wild Wednesday on the Fan, and we have your tickets to next week's twenty fifth anniversary night Dollar number twenty five. Right now, we'll win a pair of tickets see the Wild Tick on the Winnipeg Jets on October twenty eighth.
Speaker 2: Call now one three zero fifty three twenty six.
Speaker 4: Man, we're just giving it away today. Let's go.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: You know what we got to do because sauce in Parker and I just did like a three minute off air task podcast kicking. We had to kick parachhe because we didn't want to spoil the last episode was we got to do a podcast and just spoil the hell out of it and just break it down. I could talk about that show for five hours and it was only a seven hour show.
Speaker 2: Yeah I could. It's outstand for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mind blowing for a mini series. Yeah, Mark, are you sing? He saw said he sobbed like a baby in episode seven? You also hit the wire words.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Taylor and.
Speaker 6: Taylor and I were sitting there and for anybody that's seen it, you know exactly what point we're talking about.
Speaker 2: But she's like, I like crying. I like look over at her.
Speaker 3: She's no tears, and I'm like, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: But it was just the bust of all I think, just like the way it went about and like exactly what we were talking about earlier, Like just the.
Speaker 2: Delivery was perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ruffalo, All right, let's do all Vikings News biking ness.
Speaker 11: Time for Vikings News on the Power Trip, presented.
Speaker 4: By That's right, Koc said it.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, we got a quarterback named Carson Wentz starting for us tomorrow night.
Speaker 4: What's JJ Max's status.
Speaker 13: We did put JJ McCarthy through an on field workout, uh, just to see if he had a chance uh to make it this week. Uh. You know, JJ, the medical staff, myself, we're all kind of encouraged about where he's at and the progress he's making.
Speaker 2: But he's just not there. And if this was a Sunday game.
Speaker 13: Maybe it would would be a little bit of a different story and we could push it throughout the week and and see where he's at towards the end of the week. But really I look at today almost as the combination of Wednesday Thursday, but really it is a Friday on the timeline of coming up on being forty eight hours out from the game.
Speaker 1: It's an interesting comment, right, if it were a Sunday game, you'd probably play.
Speaker 2: That's great to hear.
Speaker 4: What do you need to see, coach in order to name him ready to go?
Speaker 13: I feel really good about you know, the work we've done on is on on the foundation of his fundamentals. That's been pretty evident through the work that he's done, and he's really the commitment to doing that. It's really just about you know, hey, there's a you know, maybe a guy gets edged and I don't really know the movement I'm gonna have to make. Uh, that's where you know, he still feels it, and if he doesn't have the ability to do that pain free, you know, we obviously risksetting him back, which would be very very unfortunate with the time lost already, but also giving him the best chance to go out there and have success is is ultimately, uh, you know what we're what we're looking for.
Speaker 2: This show is dumb.
Speaker 3: Kevin O'Connell just says a guy gets edged, and Halverson smiles like the ches.
Speaker 2: Correct, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: He's talking about In the second he said if a guy gets edged, none of us listen to the rest of it. We all checked out and we're just looking at Zach smiling and giggling. Zach, you'd love to see him get in.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: So that's the big quarterback controversy. It's when will McCarthy get thrown back into the fire. It sounds like next week, right, if everybody's going to stick to with what he's saying that the fundamentals are there, it's just maybe this injury was a little worse than they thought closer to the six weeks as opposed to two to four something like that. Who knows the other one that's a little interesting might come to fruition. Tomorrow Night is running back with Aaron Jones and Jordan Mason because Mason's looked pretty freaking good while Aaron Jones has been gone. But Aaron Jones is back at practice the whole designated to return bit and according to a lot of people trending towards playing.
Speaker 13: Tomorrow Night also wanted to make note of Aaron Jones' twenty one day window opening up today. That'll be something that will happen today and we'll see where he's at potentially for his availability on Thursday Night.
Speaker 3: If he does play, that's fine, right, two heads are better than yeah nothing, Yeah, nothing wrong with having a couple of options. But man, I mean, I mean, is it nuts to say that I want Jordan Mason to stay the number one?
Speaker 10: Run?
Speaker 2: Nunbercent agree? Yeah, I think you're correct.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Aaron Jones opens up kind of some some passing out of the backfield type of stuff that we didn't really do it Jordan Mason, So there's that aspect, But I agree with you downhill, get in between the A and the B gap, like I think Jordan Mason.
Speaker 2: That's that's what he's done best for us.
Speaker 3: And it's an easy thing until Aaron's one hundred, one hundred percent, yeah, to just still kind of split the percentage more towards Mason. But when they're both absolutely back to one hundred, I wonder what the split's going to be.
Speaker 9: And it's a hamstring injury, so that's something that you may not want to that Lingers, Yeah, do you have to let it?
Speaker 2: Linger? Do you have to? You have to let it one of the best.
Speaker 8: But you know, and I know too, when it comes down to it in pro sports, when both of them are healthy, it's who's performing.
Speaker 2: It's true bottom line. You're gonna rock with that guy every day the week.
Speaker 4: And you know, I think he was brought in to be the starter.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I love both guys. He's ready and he's a great teammate. Yeah. Cool.
Speaker 9: The one name hawk and maybe you have this is Brian O'Neil. Hasn't practiced all week. That could be nice to get him back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they need him. They had him last week and he was he was great.
Speaker 3: What's what's the do we when I was gone, Do we get any timeline update on Ryan Kelly?
Speaker 2: Does it look like he might be I haven't heard about. I haven't heard and that's good. That's not good. So what's the plan? Is it still Brandell at center.
Speaker 1: Or they're still deciding that actually yeah, yeah, I think I think at this point it's got to be Brandell, and I don't I can't imagine that. I mean, I've practiced work the guy back in at center, I don't know.
Speaker 2: He had a rough game.
Speaker 1: He had a rough game and he got you know, there was the the fake holding call that shouldn't have been.
Speaker 4: But he had a rough game.
Speaker 2: He got banged around a couple of But.
Speaker 1: That said, you know, that's a great defensive line we played and.
Speaker 3: And everybody raved about how well he played the game before that, never having played center essentially at any level. So my guess is, even if you get up to a great start, there's gonna be a learning curve playing center in the.
Speaker 2: NFL and in front of you too, and that makes a difference. Probably is good. They're good.
Speaker 4: Carson Wentz on the Chargers defense.
Speaker 10: They do a good job. You know, I was in that division last year. So I got to see him, see him twice. A lot of respect for the way they do things. Honestly, they make it tough, you know, they don't they don't do anything crazy, you know, but what they do they do really sound, and they have good players, and they mix it up just enough to make it, you know, complicated at times.
Speaker 2: And so it's a fast defense.
Speaker 10: They fly around their pretty assignments sound, they mix up you know, the personnel on the back end quite a bit.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna be a good challenge.
Speaker 3: They have lost three out of four the Chargers. Yeah, they're they're banged up. After those first three games, there were a couple of national pundits saying that the Chargers were sneakily one of the two or three or four best teams in the NFL. It's gone south since then. If it's injury related, that's different. But man, a couple of what you could argue a month ago. They were all of a sudden, kind of a trendy, fashionable pick as a sleeper to make a deep run here, and now they've been humbled a little bit.
Speaker 9: They're four and three. Yeah, Carson Wentz is undefeated. On Thursday Night Football he's seven to zero. Keep that going, let's talk about it. I'm looking at their defense right now too. It's there's seven guys with an IR next to their name on the Chargers defense. So they're definitely banged up. And is Khalil Mack like as good as he once was. I don't think he has that that bounce. But yeah, let's keep let's keep the car And you know, Grenard is such a class act that he's not going to hammer on their offensive line.
Speaker 6: But it's not good. Well, that's something that we need to be better at. Yeah, I think we saw that in the Eagles game. Like, I think that's something that the Eagles offensive line dominated our defensive line. So we can get back to that. Putting some pressure on the quarterback that helps, We'll be all right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that helps u if if they're going to be without Van Ginko for a little while longer, they need Dallas Turner to play like the pick that they picked them.
Speaker 2: Definitely, he's got to get some sacks. Yeah.
Speaker 6: At one point in that game, the Eagles game, they popped up like those AI stats on the board. Because I was at the game and it was like Carson Wentz has three seconds in the pocket and Jalen Hurts has like three point six seconds in the pocket, and like that difference is I feel like huge. And that was able to kind of run some of those double routes to a J. Brown on the sideline. DeVante Smith could use his speed to like get open downfield.
Speaker 2: And I think the Chargers are going to do some of that as well. With they got that that deep.
Speaker 6: Threat on their yeah, on their side as well, So like if you give them them time in the pocket, he's gonna throw those deep walls.
Speaker 3: Following the game on Twitter because I wasn't allowed to watch it because of you know, the geo location, Max was probably gonna probably so somebody helped me with this. All I saw is somebody tweeted like, if you had given Dallas.
Speaker 2: Turner ten more seconds, he would have eventually got into Jaalen.
Speaker 3: So I couldn't tell if that was a shot at how bad Turner was playing or just how much time in general, Jalen.
Speaker 9: Hurts was having a little bit of both. Yeah, Turner has like one move the move. It's I just I don't know, Like I know he's young and all that, but like when you are the seventeenth overall pick they move up for you. Yeah, you get, and then a couple of the guys behind you are studs. You have to make more than a difference in a couple of tackles for losses.
Speaker 6: Right, Well, it was just a weird situation too, because like Javon hard Grave only played like a certain months and snaps and like some other situations happened. But I think you're right, like there just wasn't enough pressure on the quarterback and there were so many double routes that that were ran by the Eagles receivers. And then if you give Jalen Hurts that much time, he's a he's a champion, he's gonna make those plays.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 9: On the one to Brown, the first one to Brown, Pete Bursich goes, this is like watching seven on seven foot.
Speaker 6: There was no pressure exactly. You gotta we gotta fix that, Paris.
Speaker 3: Ever you ever walk in a room, but you can just like feel somebody's presence, And I don't mean like a ghost, you just like I just know my wife's in this room, or like I know Gino's in this room.
Speaker 2: I can feel, Oh, I always can tell.
Speaker 3: You can obviously see Parker Fox, and me, sauce and myself right, because you're looking right that the three sense my presence.
Speaker 2: Maybe a former partner. That list could be long that I worked with on air. I mean son, Jim Rich.
Speaker 8: No, much nicer, much nicer than Jim Rich. It was nicer than Jim Rich. Better attitude, better attitude than Jim Rich. Yeah, better smile, way more fun to work with. You're dumping on Rich the whole morning, Dude, I love Jim Rich.
Speaker 2: But is it Audre Martin?
Speaker 4: She's right, Hi, swe how are you doing?
Speaker 2: The goat the sauce?
Speaker 4: Would you get out of her chair?
Speaker 2: Please me that what's wrong with you? Get out of that chair? Mabe Audre Martin is here. We'll talk to her.
Speaker 3: We'll talk to Parker Fox, we'll talk to Mark Parris the had o'clock hour.
Speaker 2: Of The Power Trip. Won didn't you after this on him