Speaker 1: Like a hundred degrees. I think today somewhere between ninety and one hundred degrees.
Speaker 2: Not here really.
Speaker 1: Oh do we miss the leathery sauce that was gonna be nice? Yeah, he got it. I had twenty seven slight chance of snow and then cloudy perfect yeah, perfect, right, more snow, right sauce.
Speaker 2: Yeah, keep the snow. I shoveled yesterday. I don't believe you. I did. It was actually, uh, that's a lot of work. No, it is. I got so hot in my coat. Take your coat off? I did. I took my coat off. Then I took my sweatshirt off, and they take your jeans off. I don't wear Gee, take your whatever those are off? What are those joggers? What are you called? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I got so warm? Why do you wear jeans? I don't want to know how much weight I've gained. You can't tell them those joggers. I mean I can tell they got stretched something and they're bursting at the seam. Yeah, they got stretched. And how long did you shovel? Got four and a half songs worth?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got to take a couple of weeks off.
Speaker 1: I mean it was it's that heavy, wet, snow. It was tough for four and a half songs. Where were they tool songs or just standard radio song?
Speaker 2: Standard? So somewhere in the fifteen minute range. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I took a few breaks and stood there for take the weekend off too, Thank you, man.
Speaker 2: But my back doesn't hurt that bad because you told me.
Speaker 1: If you told me you shoveled for four and a half tool songs, I'm like, that's almost an hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot of shoveling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's probably twenty minutes tops, yeah, tops, Yeah, but it's all right.
Speaker 2: Sorry man, No, I'm proud of you. I'm a little surprise you shovel. Keep that recording, little little surprise you shovel. Yeah, I am was was lou dog watching you out the window.
Speaker 1: He was, no, he was with my wife. I don't know where he was. He was being supervised though, she was babysitting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, awesome. All right, let's to the news.
Speaker 1: This is camfe In News with Chris Hockey. Came for Chris Hockey. I'm Zach Calverson. Good morning. Lake City, Minnesota is declaring Taylor Heisei Day. Yesterday, the US women's hockey team defeated Canada tout to one and overtime to win the gold medal, and on the day of the gold medal game, Lake City declared it Taylor Heisi Day Heise He's a native of Lake City, Minnesota, and which is about ninety minutes south of the Twin Cities.
Speaker 2: He was credited with the assist on.
Speaker 1: The game winning overtime golda was scored by her teammate Megan Keller.
Speaker 2: The coolest. That was sweet.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised they didn't have a Taylor Heisie Day already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, she deserves it bold to you know, the day of the gold medal game, declare.
Speaker 2: It like that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: She Like, what if that pass went to a Canadian stick and they went down?
Speaker 4: S is what I was worried about. I'm like, that is one heck of a past girlfriend. You go, girl. And as soon as it hit Keller's.
Speaker 3: Tables like a okay, thank god at least it wasn't turned over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great point.
Speaker 1: Let's say Lake City before the game says today's Taylor Heisi Day, right, and then in the gold medal game, Taylor's got the puck in her own zone and then intentionally scores in her own goal because she was on the take.
Speaker 2: She had money on Canada.
Speaker 1: And there's this giant gambling scandal where Taylor threw the gold medal away because she made like three million dollars in the gambling markets, so she needed wedding money.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: But then at Lake City'd be like, we just gave a day to the gal that threw the gold away, and that one of the worst Olympic scandals of all time.
Speaker 2: Her and shoeless Joe Jackson. Yeah sureless what if? What if? Did I see ahead?
Speaker 1: I would definitely have waited a day to make sure that they secured the gold. Look, they gambled, and they gambled on the right gal because she's not like that. Does she put that puck in her own net, scored the game winning goal in overtime for Canada, took her gloves off, flipped the double bird, and had on one finger leg in the other one's city.
Speaker 2: They would have made a terrible choice saying.
Speaker 5: Taken this day dream for a trip. Somebody gambling today sample on the Olympics. Oh yeah, hell yeah, you can actually couldn't gamble. I did not know this, Oh absolutely, they were. They were heavy favorites. Who was the US?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like it was almost minus five hundred, which means you have to bet five hundred to win. One hundred were favorites and that it was like they were like plus three eighty. I think, yeah, oh man, they were big dogs.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a for two teams.
Speaker 1: And I know the US has owned Canada now for a couple of years. It was was that eight straight wins.
Speaker 3: Now, Yeah, but like if you look at Olympic play specifically, Canada has owned USA. But in international play over the last year, US has dominated Canada.
Speaker 1: But obviously the way that the prelims went where the US was six and oh and it was a thirty one.
Speaker 4: To one series all of that, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Beat them five nothing a week ago. So it just looked like this was an unstoppable force. So the betting markets were heavily on Team USA. Heavily, but it was tight.
Speaker 3: I genuinely did not know you could bet on the Oh hell yeah, yeah, I'm not surprised, I guess.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Minnesota environmental officials accuse a man of catching Lake sturgeon fish out of season. Moses Simutkin has been charged with eight gross misdemeanor counts and four misdemeanor counts alleging violations of state fish and game regulations. He allegedly took four of the bottoms feeding fish from Little Fork River with his bare hands in a rope. Samukin's brother Steven, faces similar counts after he was accused of helping with the hall. The sibling has been charged by summons and are awaiting their first court date. If convicted, the brother could pay more than six thousand dollars in restitution. It's easy to fish when you can part the sea. How long do you think Zach was talking? Forty seconds? Sure, so my guess is about six seconds. And he said the name Moses.
Speaker 2: My guess is. My guess is for thirty four seconds. There's got to be a Moses joke.
Speaker 1: I need zac to keep talking until I can figure out how I can do this now. The first thing I thought was parting of the sea, because that's like the only thing I know about it.
Speaker 2: So what was the joke again? Though, it's easy to fish when you could part the sea.
Speaker 3: I mean, that story wasn't that crazy until you said he did it with his hands.
Speaker 1: But maybe that's why he didn't need a fishing pole because the fish weren't even in the water. You just walk over to him and catch him because you have party this sea.
Speaker 2: Right, That what you're saying to last of the fish, the fish wrangling, they're on dry land.
Speaker 1: It also says he had hit a couple of tablets.
Speaker 2: Oh doing on his iPad? Oh got it? Dang it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: We uh and more fishing crime news. A man is under arrest in Nashville accused of stealing boats from the local bass pro shops.
Speaker 2: You guys like boats, boats plural police.
Speaker 1: Thirty two year old Dustin Nicholson was caught on cameras stealing the boats with his white Chevy Silverado last summer. Two of the boats were found on property in Louisbourg, along with other stolen items. He faces eight counts of property theft addition to probation violations and past theft charges.
Speaker 2: Eighty thousand dollars bond for mister Nicholson.
Speaker 1: Yeah again, I have very little respect for grand theft, auto five kind of thefts. I like heists, right, I don't like a guy that's like, I'm just gonna go hook up a boat to my truck and just drive and hope it works. That takes no planning. Yeah, that's that's that's not even courage, that's just stupidity.
Speaker 2: Courages.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna spend nine months pulling off the perfect heist, yeah, and then executing it perfectly.
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Is that like, that's bravery and intelligent. Exact, you have to have intelligence to do.
Speaker 2: Dustin.
Speaker 1: Ain't stealing boats with smarts in Dustin, So stealing a car is grand theft auto.
Speaker 2: What's stealing a boat is like grand theft aquatic? Just wondering, and it's that's because you're an idiot. I'm sorry, man, it's just boat stealing.
Speaker 1: Update on the story we talked about a little while ago. Man found naked last summer in the Minnesota state Capital will be prosecuted even after he was found incompetent for trial. Oh buddy, A Ramsey County judge ordered dominic peace to be referred for civil commitment. Is that for forty seconds is going to come up with a joke based on peace?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: The Ramsey County Attorney's Office attends to continue to prosecute the case once the defendant has been restored to competency. Peace finds our faces one count of second degree burglary of a government building. Capital security contact of Minnesota State Patrol in July, but an emotionally disturbed person who was unclothed in the Senate chambers, Peace reportedly told police that he was the governor and the capital was his house.
Speaker 2: Well, he said peace out to the judge, and yeah, the man's nude.
Speaker 1: He's literally showing his peace, but you went with the peace sign instead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got it.
Speaker 3: I just loved the phrase restoration to competence, as.
Speaker 1: If you're like fixing up a har that's my autobiography.
Speaker 4: I've never heard that phrase in my life. That's hilarious.
Speaker 1: What was the last line you said? He was claiming he was the governor and what else? Peace reportedly told police that he was the governor and the capital.
Speaker 2: Was his house. Okay, why did he have to tell sting.
Speaker 4: He doesn't sound in competent to me, that's a.
Speaker 2: You should have stopped with the joke. The police, I liked that one. That was that was why.
Speaker 1: So they were one hundred percent sure he was wrong that he doesn't live there, that he's not the governor and he doesn't live there.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he he wasn't telling the truth.
Speaker 1: Honestly, the hypocrisies what bothers me the most. That the line is just disgusting, all right, Dominic rest in peace? Eric Dane, Oh my gosh. Yeah, so I don't I don't know. I saw the name pop up. I don't watch Euphoria and I did not watch Gray's Anatomy.
Speaker 2: But I guess the guy was a big deal. I'm just not familiar with his work.
Speaker 3: I never watched euphor you either, but I loved Gray's Anatomy and he was so good.
Speaker 2: So what's his face? How am I blanking on his name? Patrick Dempsey? Dreamy?
Speaker 3: This is two very different but equally attractive hockey So he was was he essentially on all seasons of It's been like a decade since I watched Grays, but he was on it for a long time.
Speaker 4: And then at some point in the show he dies and he's not in it anymore. But he was on it for a few seasons at least. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Did you ever watch that, Helbe.
Speaker 1: I did not watch Graves and Anatomy. I did watch Euphoria. Yeah, so that's right.
Speaker 3: He was a big piece of grace for sure. I mean, that's where I first like found out who he was.
Speaker 4: He was so young though, fifty three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you've got started seeing symptoms in twenty twenty four, got officially diagnosed in April twenty twenty five, and February twenty.
Speaker 2: Six he's gone. I mean so sad, horrible.
Speaker 1: Als is the cause of death and man, that's now the second main cast member of Euphoria to die between seasons two and season three, which is coming out in the spring. And it seems to be a curse show.
Speaker 2: So thanks.
Speaker 1: That sucks all right, So also do sports in a second. Marnie Giler should be here in a second. We play initials. In an hour, Alexis Sauce, Zach and Marnie square off. So if you want to see Zach have his heart broken, wait about an hour and twenty minutes and he'll lose either in overtime or on item twelve. That's for game six sixteen. But again, one of you has a shot at one hundred and thousand dollars. We've had two guys in the last couple of weeks. Guess one letter right, We've had a sweat a couple of weeks in a row, and they've won two hundred and fifty bucks. Let's have somebody breakthrough and just do this. Let's start the clock over right. People have asked what happens when it goes off?
Speaker 2: Is it done? No?
Speaker 1: No, we go back to five hundred dollars and start it over again. Let's start it over today. Let's have somebody hit it. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the Fan. Now kf AN welcomes the Black Crows and Whiskey Myers to Mystic Lake Amphitheater July twenty eighth. Tickets are on sale now. Get the complete show details and all of our our upcoming shows on the concert page at CAFA dot com car calendar.
Speaker 2: I can't read. That's okay.
Speaker 4: You did your best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody, you did your best. Nobody's to rip you. We should. You can't read.
Speaker 1: He's an adults. Alexis reads one thousand books a year. Zach can't read twenty words in her head. I can read in my head.
Speaker 2: Just fine. I don't. Let's try that.
Speaker 1: Then try that, try the vibe of it, just do it in your head, go for it, doing so good.
Speaker 2: I screwed it. Oh my god, what word did you botch?
Speaker 1: I struggle with get the complete details on all of our show up.
Speaker 2: See, I can't even slow, you can't even read.
Speaker 4: You're a good person, though you admitted even reading in your head that you did it wrong.
Speaker 1: It's a tongue twister for the brain, you know, Rety Sauce. Are you on drugs? Yeah, he's always on drugs.
Speaker 2: You want some? Of course?
Speaker 3: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip presented by All Around your timber Tech deck building contractor, Sauce.
Speaker 1: Can I can I start this by asking alexis a question quickly? And then we did on your list of stuff man, So I had to wait for the air because Alex, during the break, you told me that you have a connection to that story that would kind of went viral, the twelve overtime three day youth hockey game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so how does that even happen?
Speaker 1: Because I just saw the headline, I don't know the specifics of what took place.
Speaker 2: So walk us through what this is.
Speaker 3: So it's the district playoffs for You twelve, which my goddaughter plays on the You twelve team. Her mom is my cousin, and she plays on Cottage Grove, which is the team that ultimately won. So this game started on Monday. I was not at the game. My mom and dad were at the game. My cousin was at the game. And my mom texted me Monday night at like nine o'clock and she's like, Henley's game is in.
Speaker 4: The sixth period.
Speaker 3: My mom is a sports person, but not a big sports person.
Speaker 4: I was like sixth period, but she'd.
Speaker 1: Had enough though that sixth period.
Speaker 3: It's just like, what do you mean, Like it's an overtime. She goes, yeah, it's an overtime, since she just kept texting me. Seventh period, eighth period, ninth period. Finally, it's like ten thirty at night, I'm in bed and my mom text me and she was like, they're going to resume the game tomorrow. They haven't had a winner yet. Like okay, I was like, I'm surprised they're still playing. It's like they start the game started at like seven or seven thirty, and they called it at eleven. The next day, they resume it, they play like three more overtime, still no winner. They go back the next day, and before that series of overtime started for that third day, I guess they decided like we're going to play.
Speaker 4: I think it was two more overtimes.
Speaker 3: If we don't have a winner, we're going to do a five round shootout, and if there's still no winner after a five round shootout, we're going to do a three round sudden death shootout. So just whoever scores first within those three rounds is the winner. And apparently I don't know like the exact details, but apparently they had to change the rules to allow this to end in a shootout because they were not getting a winner. So it was supposed to end in and overtime, but they literally nobody was scoring, so they were like, let's just end this. I think it was a one to one game heading into overtime, and so finally Cottage Grove won it in the shootout and in that sudden death shootout, and it was my goddaughter had a few chances to score in overtime. She's very good. I'm really proud of her. It was a fun thing to keep up with. And they were playing it at Doug Wog Arena, which is actually my hometown rank in South Saint Paul, and my cousin was losing her mind, My mom and dad were losing their mind. So I'm just so proud that a three day marathon of hockey for twelve year olds ended the way it did, and it was cool to see her come out on the winning side.
Speaker 2: For all the overtimes, like a full five on five, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, I think they played mostly five on five that I think they went to three on three at one point.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, six overtimes Monday, four overtimes Tuesday, one five on five overtime on Wednesday, and then a three on three overtime on after that, and then that's when they went to the shoot every overtime after like the first two it should be yeah, four on four, in the next overtime three on three, then the next one two on two and just go into the one just goalie versus goalie, like you know, two men ander one man leaves kind of a situation, right, Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: So then we could have wrapped it up on Monday night.
Speaker 3: Yes, So I think they were like coming up with things on the fly, because even on Monday night when the game was in like the eighth round of the overtime or whatever, basically they went to like the district people and we're like, do you want to keep playing or do you want to move.
Speaker 4: This to tomorrow.
Speaker 3: So they initially decided we're going to keep playing Monday night, but then they still at eleven o'clock had no winner, and they're like, well, now we got to do this tomorrow.
Speaker 4: So they were kind of like coming up with things on the fly.
Speaker 3: And I guess there's like no official record of what the longest game is, at least at that level, but there's no way that's not the longest game of all time at any level.
Speaker 1: Marnie, Alexis, Alexis, Marni, Hi, did you read about this marathon game? It's crazy U twelve game. Yeah, it was in the papers. I just saw the headlines. That's why I was asking her about it. But yeah, like three plus days to finish this game. Yeah, think about that crazy? Yeah, Yeah, that's greasy nuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, if it didn't happen at the sixty sixtieth best arena.
Speaker 2: In Minnesota, I just probably didn't hear about it.
Speaker 1: I don't want to put Doug Arena at should look that up. But yeah, no, you don't know your own rankings off the top of my head. All right, saws continue. The US women's hockey team beat Canada two to one. And OT for the gold medal game. Hillary Knight scored with two h four left in the game, and then an OT Taylor Heisei had a sweet outlet pass to Megan Keller, who scored.
Speaker 2: And won the gold medal for the US. SUBA.
Speaker 4: That's hockey.
Speaker 2: I think that was hockey.
Speaker 4: That is man, it was so sweet.
Speaker 6: I was home alone and I just had the game on in the background, and I was doing other things. And as it got into the third period, and especially deeper into the third period, then I started. I stopped what I was doing and started just locking in on the game because.
Speaker 2: It got tense. Yeah, it got real tense.
Speaker 6: And then I was changing where I was sitting and with probably by the time we hit the five minute mark, I was on an ottoman. I was sitting on an ottoman, just right in front of the TV, just like hands on gin is right, put chin on hands. And when Hillary Knight scored that goal, I left up into the.
Speaker 4: Air and screamed.
Speaker 6: I was home alone and it was an awesome, awesome moment. I will And then obviously it got better that overtime. Oh my gosh, just just good vibes all the way around. What a great great feeling.
Speaker 3: It was also the first nail biter of the tournament for the women, so like even same with you. I was like at the beginning of the game, I was just kind of like doing things watching.
Speaker 4: Then when Canada went up, I.
Speaker 3: Was like, I gotta lock in this first time the women have been trailing all tournament and then obviously it got late tied it overtime is exciting, but all tournaments like you could turn the women on.
Speaker 4: It was like, ah, they're winning five nothing, no big deal.
Speaker 2: That was a casual watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they allowed one goal all tournament leading into the gold medal game, but yeah.
Speaker 4: This one, this one was a nail bier.
Speaker 1: I wonder if it means more because of the way they wanted absolutely like it probably Like sure, man, the range of emotions in that game is today must have been unbelievable, Like.
Speaker 2: From everything we've talked about too, are we gonna blow this? Yeah?
Speaker 1: To this is the greatest moment of our lives. I can't believe this just happened.
Speaker 3: Canada was the better team in the first period. I mean they came out and the Americans looked a little discombobulated, like they were kind of running around they took that too many men penalty in that first period, so just kind of the mental errors.
Speaker 4: They looked a little at times overwhelmed.
Speaker 3: But then when they came back for the second period, even after that that goal by Canada win in, it was like they seemed much more focused, locked in, organized, and from there on out. I thought it was a pretty even game, if not tilting in the Americans favor at times.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, they it was not an easy win.
Speaker 3: They really had to battle in that first period to kind of keep their wits about them and keep that as a scoreless game.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm guilty of this, and this is kind of insane. This is how good they were over the last two weeks. When you outscore in seven games combined, when you outscore teams it and only allow a two goals total. Correct, Yep, I don't even know who the goalie is, you know what I'm saying, Like that name should be a big your name, because yeah, did we have more than one goalie dominating?
Speaker 2: Like how many women were in net for us? That kicked ass question?
Speaker 3: Aaron Frankel was the one that led the way for the Americans, and she is I mean, like I'm so excited for people to like learn more about her because she is incredible in the PWHL.
Speaker 2: Who does she play for?
Speaker 3: She plays for Boston and about halfway through I mean we're about halfway through the season. For most of this first half of the season, I don't know exactly where it's at right now, but her goals against average was like literally under one. I mean, she is Boston had allowed like two goals through the first like ten games of the season, something crazy like that.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, she is just she's awesome.
Speaker 3: She's athletics, she is a competitor, and I'm so excited that people got to watch her at the Olympic level and hopefully that'll get them to tune into some games coming out of this Olympic break in the p WHL, because what you saw in the Olympics, that's what we get every night from her in the p WHL.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sweet, she's the killer.
Speaker 4: She's awesome.
Speaker 1: The US Men will battle Slovakia today at two ten. The US is a huge favorite, and Canada will play Finland at nine to forty. The winners of those games will play for the gold medal on Sunday at seven ten am, which is a perfect time. It's not, no, it is you get perfect, you have a cup of coffee, it'll be over by like nine thirty and you can go back to bed. Every NFL game should be at like seven thirty and Sunday morning.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: Every Olympic gold medal game should be at seven thirty on Sunday morning. Yeah, this is the sign we're getting older. But I don't again embrace it. I don't care.
Speaker 2: I'll correct. I want to watch.
Speaker 1: Games at seven thirty and then I have the rest of the day to do whatever I want.
Speaker 2: Same.
Speaker 4: So selfish, little Marns.
Speaker 2: Your Wolves are finally back. It felt like they haven't played in a month. They played Dallas tonight at six thirty. They are eleven and a half point favorites.
Speaker 1: So obviously Kyrie Irving is out for the season and Cooper Flag will not play for the MAVs to.
Speaker 6: Correct, and the MAVs come in with a nine game losing.
Speaker 2: Streight, the tank is on. Glenn Fry once.
Speaker 6: Said this, The reason I bring that up is because Dallas is a nineteen win team and the Timberwils that Yeah, the Timberwolves have established themselves as a team that has a tendency to struggle in these kinds of games. Yes, but this is now the post All Star Break portion of the season. There are twenty six games left for the Wolves, and they've also been a team over the last few years who has turned it on big time at this point. So a great sign of that would be to go ahead and take care of business tonight against these Dallas Mavericks without Cooper Flag.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's why you don't.
Speaker 6: Don't realize that, sauce, because when you hear about the Mavericks, you a lot of times hear about, Wow, look at what Flag did. He's a generational franchise player and he's not playing tonight, and so even less reason to kind of get up for a game like this, except for, you got two months of the season left, So we got to get up for a.
Speaker 2: Game like this. You have to, Yeah, because then you play what the seventy six ers on Sunday? Yeah, then the Clippers than Denver got to get up for all of them.
Speaker 6: Obviously we will be up for the Nuggets that's in Denver. But it's time to sort of shed that little characteristic of not being able to get up for the opponents that are struggling.
Speaker 2: Cooper Flag is averaging twenty point four points a game and he's nineteen years old. He's killing it.
Speaker 1: As we talked about this earlier, but here's some of the specifics Martins. There are like seven floated potential changes for anti tanking next year that Adam Silver's talking about.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go through them quickly.
Speaker 1: Stop me at any point if you have a hot take on any of these pro or con. Number one, first round picks can be protected only top four or top fourteen plus what you know, Like, so what the What they've been saying is there are there are teams that get incentivized to tank to make sure.
Speaker 2: They don't have to give up a.
Speaker 1: Pick because if it's if it's protected, it's like, well we have to we can't lose this year's pick. So let's tank this year because otherwise so and so team gets it this so anyway, so they might alter some of the protected first round ranges. Number two is lottery odds freeze at the trade deadline or at a later date, but essentially the last month or two. Then it wouldn't there would be no incentive to tank because of you're a lottery out there already locked in. That seems like a no brainer. Maybe, yeah, right, I mean that seems fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, keep going there.
Speaker 6: I mean yes, it's like collectively these make sense. Individually, you can pick them all apart and be like, yeah, kinda, yeah, maybe it's this. This is why it's hard, because even you reading these individually, they're sure, but would it actually work right? Would it actually stop them from from not trying? It is so difficult.
Speaker 1: No longer allowing a team to pick top four in consecutive years and or consecutive bottom three finishes.
Speaker 2: That one makes the most sense.
Speaker 6: How often does that come into play Once in a while, sure, yes, once in a while, yes, But it's not like what I'd.
Speaker 2: Have to look at what Utah did last year.
Speaker 6: But the Jazz is a team that is being heavily watched right now for tanking, and it's not like, wow, Utah gets a top pick every year. If they did, they wouldn't be in this position. And team get teams get multiple top picks consecutive layers, they're not in this position.
Speaker 2: So generally that's not the problem.
Speaker 1: Teams can't pick top four the year after making the conference finals, so I would.
Speaker 2: Argue, then that's the anti thunder rule, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I think it's also like in a weird way, it's also just like if a team, like if a team has an unbelievable roster but then has like two crazy significant injuries and goes from a Western Conference finals team to a bottom of the NBA team because they get obliterated obliterated by injury. This is almost saying like that team shouldn't be rewarded for getting hurt. And I would argue, well, if their fans sat through a year of crap because they had nobody playing, then give them Wemby. I don't care, right Like, I don't know, I don't know if I love that one, or are you super rare anyway?
Speaker 6: Are you kind of punishing a team like Oklahoma City for having a general manager who just wheeled and dealed and made these incredible, incredible trades to be able to collect picks throughout the years, Like shouldn't you be able to do that?
Speaker 2: How do you feel about this one?
Speaker 1: Because this is already in the WNBA, so you would know a lottery odds could be allocated based on two year records, not just individual records. Does the WNBA overwhelmingly think that's way more affair.
Speaker 6: They like that or not, it generally is not. It's not challenged that. We never hear people saying this is not working. We got to fix this, we got to change this. So I would say, yes, it is accepted.
Speaker 2: The oh good.
Speaker 1: Well, the thunder have the LA Clippers first round pick, which is unprotected and they have traded and sad everybody. They have the Utah Jazz's first round pick which is top eight protected, the Houston Rockets top four protected, and the Philly the seventy six ers top four protected. They have a chance of four first round pick. Well, like you said, Marnie, why are we punishing Oklahoma City for drafting perfectly, trading perfectly? They have built this franchise to be a dominant team for the next like fifteen years, with how much youth and talent they have in draft picks. Why are we punishing them for outsmarting the rest of the NBA.
Speaker 6: So maybe that one, maybe we pushed back on and say, well, let's get rid.
Speaker 2: Of that one.
Speaker 1: The other two possibilities, again, Adam Silver hasn't said any of these are for sure. These are just some of the things that he's floated. The lottery would be extended to include all playing teams as well, So instead of saying, like, why are we pushing to get into the playing game, let's just tank and hope that we get lucky in the lottery, they would apparently be eligible to do both get in and still be in the lottery.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: And then the last one is just flattened the odds for all lottery teams, so not just the top or bottom four. It would be everybody in the lottery has the same chance.
Speaker 6: That would help a lot but I'm sure we would get there, and there would be a huge problem with that.
Speaker 2: I just haven't.
Speaker 1: They always say like, if you're stuck in the middle in any sports league, if you're stuck in the middle, it's kind of the worst, right because you can't win championships, but you don't bought them out.
Speaker 2: That would help the.
Speaker 1: Teams that are stuck in the middle, because you can hear in the middle of the league missed and then still win the lottery and be like, damn, we have a team and now we're now we have a chance. Like that would be interesting, but either way, they got to do something, and that's what Adam Silver is really saying is we don't know what we're going with, but this is pissing everybody off.
Speaker 2: We have to change something.
Speaker 1: And so next year they are definitely going to add something anti tanking.
Speaker 2: They just haven't said specifically what it is yet. Well, those are seven nine ers.
Speaker 6: The first step is acknowledging it and letting everyone know this is we don't stand for this.
Speaker 2: This is not good. It's not good for anyone.
Speaker 6: It's embarrassing that the Utah Orlando game, when Utah was up fifteen at the end of the third and then never played Lowry Markinen or Jaron Jackson the third in the fourth quarter was embarrassing and just disgusting for everyone, for everyone.
Speaker 2: The fans and attendance.
Speaker 7: Now Orlando gets a win that the that the Magic may or may not have deserved, because you never know in the NBA, fifteen point lead going into the fourth quarter is no guarantee.
Speaker 2: In that game they did not earn it or deserve it.
Speaker 6: And so now an Eastern Conference team that's battling Orlando for positioning could be like, well, that one they just got handed. And so there are so many levels that that is just the integrity of the game is totally wrong.
Speaker 2: So I know we got to go to break. But one last thing on this.
Speaker 1: I was playing cards with somebody a week ago and they were saying they were longtime season ticket holders for the Timberwolves and they're not renewing. And when the salesperson for the Wolves called them and said, well, how come you're not coming back next year, he said, load management. And his response to me like, it wasn't even about like Anthony Edwards or the Wolves load management. He's like, he's like, if I'm going to watch the Spurs and Wemby's sitting because he's tired, Wenby's a bad example. But I'm just saying, like, if I'm going to watch a primetime game, yeah, and the other team's best players aren't playing because they're taking the night off, why am I paying this ridiculous amount of money to watch scrubs for the Spurs play. So he just said load management is the reason why he's jumping off the NBA. So that's another thing the NBA has to start worrying about.
Speaker 2: And that is totally valid. And the Wolves don't do it.
Speaker 6: They once in a while will rest a guy like Mike Conley and even Ant for his you know, an injury management or something, but it is very few and far between the other.
Speaker 2: Team's doing it. That also kisses you off.
Speaker 1: Yep, right, the Wolves, but it's the NBA's problem, not necessarily the Wolves. All right, more with Marnie and Alexis after this initials at eight fifteen, this is the Power Tie Morning Show on the Fan. Yeah, the Flop, Sweat and Tears, Petty theF Tour with the common Man and the Meat Sauce heads to the Cato Ballroom this Saturday. Tickets are available Cato Ballroom dot com. What number you want sauce? What collar number?
Speaker 2: How about ten? Caller ten right now?
Speaker 1: When two tickets of the show and three two zero fifty three twenty six. Best of luck to all y'all out there today.
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: That's tomorrow. Yeah, tomorrow, man, it'd be great. I can't wait. It's always a fun crowd.
Speaker 4: Zacho.
Speaker 6: Sorry if I wasn't in the right spot, I just realized I was way over here, and now I'm over here.
Speaker 1: You were finally thought you were going to there? Yeah, you're you're gonna kick Alexis out. I was actually looking forward to this conversation.
Speaker 2: Wow, I just cleaned this microphone.
Speaker 3: I don't need to put some blood, sweat and tears into that.
Speaker 4: There was a there's a ring of something going on.
Speaker 2: Oh really yeah, a ring of film last spittle. I mean, I'm guessing it was months of build up. Yeah.
Speaker 1: See on our show yesterday that was Leber's spot. There you go, ye, well then he was there. You used like a clorox wipe. Yeah, Zach, twenty bucks.
Speaker 2: You'll give you that clorox wipe. It's in the garbage right next to me.
Speaker 1: The question choreosked. No, I saw Labor yesterday afternoon. He was good. Didn't see it. They did a good job. They promoted the city of White Bear Lake very well. They all loved it. The whole staff was telling me how much they want to come back this summer. What was your role though, because you made an appearance, did you know, just talking about you know, the city, my upbringing, and uh, you know how great it is.
Speaker 2: And then we made the toast and so we got the drink. Did you say the toast?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: No, Labor did, of course. What was the toast to the White Bear to the city the did.
Speaker 1: He say, made this fine? Pilsner be as smooth as your ride home. Yes, yes, so great times at Rudies yesterday and uh the football guy, uh no, the restaurant.
Speaker 2: Post player, real.
Speaker 1: Funny extabl You guys are funny.
Speaker 2: Like I don't get that one.
Speaker 3: You guys took all the good and I didn't understand the last one.
Speaker 2: It's a Cosby Show reference. You don't look in at Bill Cosby work doesn't hold up, uh by the way.
Speaker 1: You know, Look, we're all happy for you know, team Taylor Heisi and team USA. But our our lady curlers are in a battle right now, semi final, right they got to win this game.
Speaker 2: I'm watching it is it's on right now.
Speaker 1: It's just a commercial, but it's two to two against the Swiss. Okay, so we're battling. This is the semi final of women's curler. I'm going to put it on over there for you. It shouldn't be.
Speaker 2: It's that commercial though, Yes, commercial TV. Yeah, I should say. They said it's a peacock only, so I mean it.
Speaker 1: Says US women's curling versus Switzerland. And right before the break it was definitely Dan Peterson throwing stones. You don't question infinity yeah, man Inxfinity, that's where it's so anyway, two to two, So we'll keep an eye on our lady curlers. And I still go back to, uh, you know what Tyler said to us before the Olympics, that both teams wore long shots, that both teams needed a lot of things to go their way, that they the talent was there. But I believe he said that for the men, for sure, it was like the deepest field in curling history, that the talent was off the charts. So the men came up a little bit short after a hot start, almost qualified for the summits, but not quite. But the ladies are in and they're down to the final four. So already it sounds like I don't know if overachieving it's correct, but at least achieving achieving.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly, that stone to win it yesterday?
Speaker 2: Walk off? Was it yesterday? The last the last match? Yeah, wholely hills close. Yeah, it was sweet and just like.
Speaker 6: Turned in that was like video game, like you're steering it like a drone.
Speaker 2: You got control somehow of this thing. Yeah.
Speaker 6: The skill is incredible and.
Speaker 1: I love how they just instantly know because they're you know quote pros. They know what they've thrown a thousand, billion, million zillion stones, so like they got that overhead shot and I'm like, man, I think that does look like we're good, But everybody, every curler on the ice is like, yep, that's yellow.
Speaker 2: We lost.
Speaker 1: Like they know immediately that that stone is closer to the center, like, don should we measure this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Correct, where's one of those NFL virtual replays free time? They know immediately they've just they've done it. It's just crazy. It's curling, super fun every four it is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And to know while that stone is in motion, like it's halfway there and we're not sweeping yet, whoa brilliant And we're living in a prayer and we're not sweeping yet, and then then we get then we start to hear in the head and now we're.
Speaker 2: Sweeping, and then then we back off and then we're you.
Speaker 6: Know, hard exactly, but didn't know that and have that that depth perception and to know how fas that rock is going and where it's gonna, it's just fascinating to watch.
Speaker 1: She brought up another good point though, are any of those actual words because they yell, but so many of them I'm like, that's not even English. That's just yelling, and that's not the American team yelling like, that's not English. But they know what they're saying. God, God suck fell just finished Rosie? Uh the other women semi final?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 1: Sweden leads Canada two to one. Let's go yeah, hell yeah, man, good for Sweden. Why do I love when the Canadians struggle at winter sports especially? Yeah, they're like, other than hockey, curling is kind of a Canadian thing, is it not.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Actually, I think that's where it was. It's a good question.
Speaker 4: The Canadian men were cheating?
Speaker 2: What well played? Yea? How about that? Yeah? They amost got in a fight. Yeah that was crazy. But touching the damn stone? Yeah, man, that is a strange visual, that guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just a line, real tip, all.
Speaker 2: Right, sauce try no idea?
Speaker 1: Uh the updated metal track or on ESPN dot com. Yeah, total medals, total medals, give me the top three teams currently.
Speaker 2: I just saw it. Oh you just saw it, damn it?
Speaker 1: Usa and uh Latvia, No, Canada, No, you just saw it right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Europe that is a continent. Tasmania. I don't believe they have a team.
Speaker 1: Australia, No China, no Japan their fourth Shanghai, dear god, Russia not welcome.
Speaker 2: Well sorry, then they probably would be. Yeah, they probably wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I don't remember who was thirty either though, I just remember.
Speaker 8: London, No London, Lansas City Noago State, not Chicago State, Hammond, Indiana Nope, Swiss nope, good.
Speaker 2: Guess, France nope, Sweden nope.
Speaker 4: Swedeenn Wait it's Italy, isn't it Italy?
Speaker 1: Finally somebody said the home country of Italy. They got the home court advantage. Norway has sixteen goals golds excuse me, golds, and thirty four overall medals. The US has nine golds that's tied for second with Italy, but twenty seven overall medals, and then Italy has nine golds in twenty six. So look, Norway just dominates, although all those golds are basically in cross countries, so literally they just dominate most of them, at least. Had Norway's the best shout out. Yeah, it's just it's it's a spectacle. It's the best place I've ever been, not even closely, ye, well outside of Vegas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Vegas won Norway too and my basement. Three.
Speaker 3: Imagine the Norwegians here and you say Vegas is greater than Norway.
Speaker 2: They know him, right, Yeah, no, they know, they've they've met. It's outstanding. Try get out there and cross country ski in the middle of.
Speaker 1: First Yeah, no, thank you. Who's who's just getting their ass kicks?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: One bronze for Belgium the Waffle City.
Speaker 2: What did Brazil get a golden? Brazil has one gold?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh the skiing.
Speaker 1: That guy won in skiing and he was I think he was. Yeah, it was the Moguls maybe and he he had the first run and his score held on the entire time. It was a very emotional. It's the first ever gold medal in Brazil in the Winter Olympics.
Speaker 2: No kidding, yep.
Speaker 1: What about Kazakhstan has one gold and one overall medal?
Speaker 2: No idea. Wonder what they did? If only there was a website to look all this up.
Speaker 1: Yes, Zach, we are in the almost the end of the fourth end. The Swiss have a hammer or I have the hammer.
Speaker 2: And it's two to two.
Speaker 1: Let's see what the board looks like here, the old house looks like Why is.
Speaker 6: The the three letter acronym for Swedenitzerland, Switzerland, Swiss Switzerland s u y.
Speaker 2: Why isn't it swy right?
Speaker 1: Because saus how many letter us are in the word Switzerland zero zero.
Speaker 2: Well, I have an answer for you, okay.
Speaker 1: Switzerland is abbreviated s u I because it is the first letter three letters of the Swiss, which is the French name for the country.
Speaker 2: That's my mom's name, Swiss c e suissie. That's the French way to say our confederation.
Speaker 6: But we are American, we get to don't we get to decide what we put on the.
Speaker 1: Graphic Olympic Broadcasting Service. Oh BS does that, so that is run by the IOC. So two point shot for.
Speaker 2: That was that did not go our way. Oh that's terrible.
Speaker 6: We're losing to the SUV. We got him, which makes a great steak.
Speaker 2: It's also a great great vehicle.
Speaker 1: Pretty solid cheese as well, and and chocolate. Also, the name of SA's mom and Corey's mom and my mom's name was not suz They have the same birthday, they do, and they're both Sues, but mine's of Suzette and yours is a what susan.
Speaker 2: Yours is a Susan. Your moms are both Sue, yes, Birtha. You do should go by Sue. No, damn it. His son is Lou, My dad is Lou. Yeah, my mom's nickname is Lou. Were getting cannot be This is incredible the odd Hey, thanks rad Cooe.
Speaker 1: That was Viking's News, brought to you by radco There is no Vikings news, although former Viking Anthony Harris will join our.
Speaker 2: Show on Monday hang out with on Monday. He's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Liber raves about him. Everybody at the Viking still loves him, and he lives in town here. So uh, Anthony Harris for like an hour and a half on Monday. That'll be cool to catch up with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's great.
Speaker 1: Right on fan five in a second initials in like fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: This is the power too. What thing't you on the fan