Speaker 1: I can play a voicemail and let you know what my next adventure is. Are you ready? Voicemail? And here we go? And to turn everything up here put it on speak your phone day. This is Jesus, Here we go. Let's see hold on, I played louder than that.
Speaker 2: Hold On, Here we go? Ready? Yes? And then David, my name's.
Speaker 3: Lewis coming from Thompson Treks about killim and Charles, I meant eight hundred information about the mountain. Curious if you've done any multi day trekking before, this might be the first of its kind for you. I just got off the Western push myself this season, so happy to give some inside perspective.
Speaker 2: I'll be around a little later today.
Speaker 1: And so anyway, your boy is probably gonna go hike up Mount Kilimanjara.
Speaker 2: That's actually like really great, like crazy, but great for you. Where is that ties mountain in Africa? Africa?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a multi day track. And he was asking if I've ever done a multi day track and I did. I did like a twelve day track in New Mexico with the boy scouts. So not bragging or nothing, but you know, your big thing is going to choir practice and puppy training. Any boy probably gonna go to Mount Kilimanjaro.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a lot like the ride at Disney World Everest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're such a simpleton.
Speaker 1: No, probably nothing like that. There's no car, there's no safety bar at the top, there's a no, I don't think.
Speaker 2: So can you get a cute picture at the end, Yeah, you can picture at the end. Yeah, you smile.
Speaker 1: So that's kind of So the reason that came up is because I don't know why it came up, but it showed up in my feed of like, go to Mount Kilimanjaro. I don't know why, and so you know, it's not for sure that I'm going. I'm just requesting information. And when you request information, they got your phone numbers and then all of a sudden, Carl, this guy calls or whatever his name is. Uh so keep it keeps showing up in my feed, Mount Kilimanjaro and going in this trek, and you know your Instagram or your Facebook or whatever, and if you hit like or if you linger on it too long, it knows, Oh they're interested.
Speaker 2: What's showing up in your feed.
Speaker 4: Bailey, Mine is there's the TV show called Heated rivalry, which is like a queer hockey love story. I literally lingered on one video of the two main guys once, and now that's all I'm seeing are these two main guys for this TV show, and I'm constantly sharing them because I have friends who like it. And then the algorithm's like, oh you're sharing this. Oh you sat for like two seconds and watched it. Oh, here let me give you more, more.
Speaker 2: More, more that.
Speaker 4: And like haircut videos, that's pretty much hair yeah, where they have like a little mannequin on a stick, and then they're like, if you want these beautiful curtain banks, here's how you cut it.
Speaker 2: And then I just sit there and I watch them cut the mannequin's head, and then you get more up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yes, like every day, several times all the time. Mine might be my next adventure. Then I uh, let'st're going on a cruise later this year. Before we go, we're stopping in Florida. And I liked maybe one or two videos about Florida just look at things to do. Now all I'm seeing is reasons you should move to Florida, or like, remember when your drive home was like this and it's sad, cold and ugly, no leaves on the trees, and then it's now your drive homes are like this and it's palm trees and sun and just beautiful sunset.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, hmm, is is Florida the next move? Whenever my time from the Katy WB's done, now, maybe Florida? Why not move to Florida? Crusty? What do you mean crusty? Because I used to live in Florida for how long? I lived there for a year and a half. Define crusty though, It's like so.
Speaker 4: Once you're off of like Disney property, because like Disney is like sparkly and fun and happy, and then like the second you get off property, it's like sweaty and there's construction and everyone's frowning at you.
Speaker 2: It's crusty. Really yeah, I guess I never experienced that or like.
Speaker 4: Kind of like I guess maybe it was just maybe the place I was in, but it felt, yeah, seed and crusty.
Speaker 2: Seed and crusty. I kind of see that one.
Speaker 1: I used to live in Phoenix, And when you see Phoenix on usually during a golf tournament, it's beautiful and you're not seeing Phoenix. You're seeing Scottsdale. Scottsdale is gorgeous, Phoenix is seed and crusty. Yeah, it is kind of a It's just it's just kind of gross. Piles of dirt and earth from construction projects everywhere, random cac dive right up.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The thing about if you know, I ever or if somebody listening has moved to Florida's I know we a lot of Florida listeners. Florida is so freaking big it's hard to figure out. And I don't know where you lived, Bailey, But like even Orlando, one city itself is like five different states.
Speaker 2: So then Florida as a whole.
Speaker 5: You got some of the major cities like Tallahassee, Tampa, Saint Pete, but then there's like all the little small ones, like, well, what's to do.
Speaker 1: We took a short cut one time from Orlando down to Fort Myers, Okay, and you can take the freeway go through Tampa, but we decided to take the back road a little bit shorter. And it was like the most depressing back woods Kentucky shack with pigs running around in the back yard, some guy named Clym sitting on an upside down barrel, smoking a cigarette between if you go straight from Orlando.
Speaker 2: Yeah, South Christy, it's c D and Krusty. Not a bucket, it's everybody is sitting on a bus.
Speaker 1: Sitting on an upside down bucket smoking a corn cob pipe. All right, if you got anything about Kilimanjaro, or if you got anything about what shows up in your feet, yeah, let us know what what shows up in your feed? Send me a text to katiewb one. I know this time of the morning, you don't have a lot of extra time, but if you do, thanks for being here. Send me a text and let me know what shows up in your feed. Coming up on the show? What do we got coming up next?
Speaker 2: Bailey Jay, I know you can't make this stuff up? Is it?
Speaker 1: You can't make this stuff up? Okay, we'll do that. Coming up next, don ktew number.
Speaker 2: Three dot com. We are college football. One day, they'll make it to lunch at Benny Hannah. It's the Dave Ryan Show on kd WB.
Speaker 1: Isabelle is on the phone with a request for the first sun the sing a long song.
Speaker 2: Of the day.
Speaker 1: Hi, Isabelle, Hello, Do people ever call you Izzy for short?
Speaker 2: Yes? They do. That's what I normally go by. Okay, is he like your friend your friends call you? Is he yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, well we get take then we're your friends. We get to call you isy. What part of town are you in?
Speaker 2: Is he right now in Cottage Grove? Going to work? And Woodberry?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Gotcha? Give me one fun fact about yourself, Isabelle.
Speaker 3: Hmmm, I have a one dog, two cats, and six chickens.
Speaker 2: Six six chickens? Are they Rhode Island red or what? Are they got? Some bard rock.
Speaker 3: Easter eggers?
Speaker 2: That's so cool? I love that?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Okay, Isabelle? What song can I play for you? For your single? Long song of the morning? I was like lazy song by Bruno Mars. No, you got it. Vaughan's excited. Thank you, Isabelle. Have a great day.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you you too.
Speaker 1: We are not drinking as much and and they actually correlate the statistic to Jenny from the Dave Ryan Show drinking less. So that has actually made such an impact on the alcohol industry they had to lay off Jim Beam. He's no longer working.
Speaker 2: Laid off. Yeah, it's a long career, he really did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we're drinking less and there is now something called the day life trend among the younger adults. Like Bond, It's day life, which is basically socializing before the sun goes down. So instead of hanging out in clubs and bars at night, people gather during the day with an emphasis on what do you think, emphasis on conversation, No fitness, Yeah, I think a group hikes, run clubs, yoga classes, even daytime dance parties. They say it's just the concept of using wellness, using movement as a way to meet, as a way to get entertainment and to socialize, versus getting drunk down at Sneaky Pete's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean that sounds kind of right, Like most of my days are day life versus night life. You do you do stuff all day though? Yeah? I do. Actually, Bailey is the busiest.
Speaker 1: You're exhausting exhaust Bailey will be like, now, I'm like, what are you doing after work? W I'm going to lunch with my mom and then I'm gonna go have drinks with my friend Katie Cap shout out Katie Cap. And then I'm gonna go to see Chicago tonight at the Ordway And I'm like, oh god, I'm going home to take a nap. Then I'm gonna like get up, stroll around the house, look out the window for a while, and then play switch to because there's a new version of animal Crossing on switch To. So I'm pretty excited about that. All right, I got a couple of more here for you. If you're feeling overwhelmed, you might try something called house hushing. Check this out now. Obviously, unless you live alone, there's no way to remove noise from your house. This is more about removing clutter, which can feel loud in its own way. One ten percent I agree. The idea of house hushing is simple. You temporarily remove all the non essential stuff from a room so you can feel what the space is like without the visual noise. You don't have to strip it bar keep the essentials like your bad in the pillows, but stash the extras elsewhere for twenty four hours. Then only bring back the items that truly serve a purpose or spark comfort. They say it helps break emotional attachments to clutter and makes it easier to choose what really belongs. They say you start with high stress areas like you're living room or and to think of it as just call and choosing calm over chaos.
Speaker 4: See the only problem with that though, is if you take all of the stuff out of a room, then it's all in a different.
Speaker 1: Room and then you got to bring it back. Yeah no, and you're right now the other room is cluttered.
Speaker 2: Right, doesn't just leave kind of not the same thing exactly.
Speaker 5: It's also give having like a like twenty year old guy's apartment where there is just nothing. It's a stripped down bed, nothing on the walls, no decor. It's what I think Lyssa thought my apartment looked like before she moved in, and then she got there.
Speaker 2: Was like, oh you actually you actually clean up nicely around here, because I don't know a lot of men to do.
Speaker 1: Dirt is brought to you by the Leo Agency. Shout out Leo Agency for all you do. We'll cover the dirt coming up next. Dave's dirt is after Billie Eilish on Katie WB.
Speaker 2: Dave's Dirt on Katie w B.
Speaker 1: All right, let's start off with the best and worst celebrity encounters. And these are when you meet a celebrity it's like, oh man, they were really nice, or like, oh they were a jerk. Let's start off with the best ones. Jack Black, Harrison Ford, Justin Bieber. They say he was by himself at the mall, wasn't trying to be incognito. He drew me in with a big hug and chatted me up. He was lovely. John Travolta. This guy's totally down to earth. He's also somebody who asked a lot of questions, is actually interested.
Speaker 2: In what you have to say. That's nice.
Speaker 1: Dolly Parton, they said, I can confirm she is just as great as you would assume. She's so nice to everyone. She was a lot smaller than I expected. I've heard that about celebrities. I mean, we meet celebrities, it's like you expect them to be like giant, yeah, and they're like very average or small.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I any celebrity that I've ever met, which isn't a lot, but they're all tiny people. I did see Zach Braff once though, at Disney World, and Zach Braff is like six'.
Speaker 2: Five he is so, tall.
Speaker 4: Really so other than, that, though they are ted, tiny little bitty people with a bitty waste.
Speaker 2: A lot of the.
Speaker 1: Time they Can you imagine Meeting Sabrina carpenter and you would expect her to be just larger than, life and she's like both fit in your pocket and over stand her on your palm of your hand and you scratch her on the.
Speaker 2: Nose.
Speaker 1: Biby here are the worst. Ones Jennifer. Lopez they said she was super rude and dismissive and has an attitude that she was better than. You Jenni fisher from The. Office what they say she was really difficult to work, with just really.
Speaker 2: Demanding Jared letto From Thirty Seconds.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah he's a narcissistic a. Hole he complains about every single thing and enjoys being. DIFFICULT i think he does it for. Fun Diana. Ross she cut in front of me at the airport check in counter. ONCE i was flabbergasted by this lady who had the guts to sweep in front of us and touch the gate agent's. Computer she's been around since the mid. SIXTIES i don't want to say that she's earned.
Speaker 2: It, yeah but.
Speaker 3: She.
Speaker 1: Is but she's always had the reputation of being difficult and very yeah into. Herself And John cusack outside of a. RESTAURANT i, said, hey Mister, CUSACK i like your. Movies he, SAID i don't.
Speaker 2: Care.
Speaker 1: Now the only thing THAT i could say in defense Of John cusack is, Like, god just let me walk, around let me walk to my. Car i've got a, Poop i'm not in a good. Mood my dog's at the. VAT i don't.
Speaker 4: CARE i think the crotchety thing For John cusack is like a part of the.
Speaker 2: Charm.
Speaker 4: Almost he's just a There's JOHN q, saggy LIKE i don't care that. Guy you, Know it's not like it's a he's. Mean he's just like, crotchety but not in like a mean.
Speaker 2: WAY i kind of. Gotcha ye.
Speaker 4: Yeah nielsen has released its year end streaming, numbers and So i'll give you the top five for. Streaming so top, five we Have SpongeBob SquarePants with thirty thirty four billion streams n cis thirty seven. Billion Gray's anatomy came in second with over over forty one. Billion oh, SORRY i Missed Stranger. Things this is organized in a really stupid, Way.
Speaker 2: Dave, Okay Stranger things is.
Speaker 4: Third Gray's anatomy is, second and first tops streamed show Is.
Speaker 2: BLUIE i believe, that, yeah boeyy.
Speaker 4: Yeah and then top stream movie OBVIOUSLY K pop Demon.
Speaker 5: Hunters all, right we're excited about The grammys happening On, sunday and.
Speaker 2: We've talked about some of the.
Speaker 5: Performers but guess Who's i've been on a stage with the first time in four. Years Justin Frankin Really, Yeah bramy's On.
Speaker 2: Sunday, yeah he's gonna be.
Speaker 5: Performing it's this first TIME i think doing anything. MAJOR i know he's Doing coachella either that or L Lla palooza later this. Year SO i think this is like has comeback to, performing And i'm so glad and excited to see. It, okay he's nominated for a couple of things, too so hopefully that brings like full.
Speaker 1: Circle you know that he. Wins there's a podcaster now we do a podcast. ALSO i, mean this show is available on. Podcasts if you don't listen, live you can listen on your own time on the. Podcast try to listen within the next day so everything is still, FRESH i would, Say but just let look for A Dave ryan show on The iHeartRadio app and also The Minnesota, goodbye which is an after the show podcast just some bonus content where we talk about the most random fun things and we get to be a little bit more naughty to talk about naughty. Things, Minnesota. Goodbye search for it in The iHeart. App the REASON i bring up podcasting is this is a, Podcaster Nikola, peltz receives a one million dollar allowance a month from their.
Speaker 2: DAD i hear Maybe nelson pals would deny, this BUT i hear that he said to, THEM i give my daughter. THIS i give my daughter a million dollar a month. Allowance why don't you a dollar a month? Allowing that would be? Great AND i would love that he's grown to he's just like a thirty one year old.
Speaker 5: WOMAN i gotta figure out who this woman. Is that WAY i can know who her dad. Is, yeah, well what are you going to? Do camp out on his lawn and claim you're related to?
Speaker 2: Him what are you? DOING i, mean, hey twenty three and meter you never?
Speaker 1: Know, hey by the, way you recommend the. Show his and hers started watching it last night AND i was kind of, tired SO i wasn't really quite absorbing. Everything AND i have a question for. You the, guy the lead, Guy and maybe this is a, spoiler but it's like fifteen minutes into the first, episodes SO i don't. Think so he has a wife and a daughter that he's, like bye, bye, love you have a great, day, kissy, kissy kissy.
Speaker 2: With the and then the.
Speaker 1: Wife but then he's also married to THE tv.
Speaker 2: Reporter, no so you're talk about the one that he lives. With that's his sister and his.
Speaker 5: Niece oh, okay but his, uh the, wife which is the Detective, anna that's his estranged wife and they had a daughter spoiler alert that passed away and you find out more about that when happen he passed away later in the.
Speaker 2: Film that was. CONFUSED i was, like wait a, second that's his why.
Speaker 5: The woman he lives, with his sister and his. Niece oh, okay thank. You, yes but it's. Good i've heard it's really. Good six episodes each went about forty five. Minutes And i'm also a person that it takes me a couple of watches of a first episode to really dive into its.
Speaker 2: Same, yeah so you'll get into.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Good good to, hear because last night was not captivating. Me today Is National Puzzle.
Speaker 2: Day.
Speaker 1: Today i'm going to tell you right, now if you play the Game, connections it is gonna f with your. Head it is. Gonna you are not gonna get. It you're gonna blow. It you are not gonna get connections because it is super tricky today if you play, CONNECTIONS i got wordlin. Five you know you want to know what the word of word?
Speaker 2: Is, well, no, no don't.
Speaker 1: TELL i was hoping you would say. That i'm never Gonna i'm not going to reveal the world of. Words that would be. Terrible guess what you got For? Christmas i'm going to tell you it's a pair of. Sunglasses well thanks a lot. Ahole all, Right coming up on kt be were and play our own little game. Here it's called Think. Fast we'll do. That coming Up Conen gray, Tickets war of The. Roses It's thursday with a brand New war of The. Roses all coming. Up need us for, Anything send a text to our secret super secret god by code to text, us which is not at all secret at KT wb one five three nine two one