Speaker 1: This is the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show. Love from Lonecks, presented by Postman Law. Brought to you in part by Honda East and Onto East Power Equipment Dealer Skyline Chili Feeling good. It's Skyline time. R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider, your tri state Chevy Dealers, Chevrolet the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for the past nine years. Chevrolet Together, Let's drive Postman Law Injured call eight four to four, Postman Others Promise, Postman Delivers and by Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon five one three five one three, toph On seven hundred WLW the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 2: There, Let's keep it moving. Second hour of two about to unfold from Longnecks in Wilder Lance Pcaviister Rocky Boy Minute's the Cincinnati Tax Power by Tope Showden Roundtable Show. It is presented each week by Postman Law and each week from here on out. We are at this very location along next Ian Wynder. We love it here. Thanks to Service Sala, who always takes care of us. We've got UC football to get into. Man, we've got a lot of things to get into. UC wise Bowl Game of portal departures, Brendan Soresby, a twenty two member recruiting class, the shootout to get to as well. Who better to do all that than the man from Bearcatjournal dot com. That would be Chad Brendle.
Speaker 3: How are you? I'm doing well, gentlemen. How are you on this delightful, freezing cold Thursday evening?
Speaker 2: We are well, and a warm destination would be ideal, and that will be my segue into the bowl. Explain the bull paint the bowl picture for us right now be our travel guide of potential scenarios and destinations as you understand it.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's really hard to figure out because Cincinnati did themselves no favors. But when you look at like the pecking order of how these are decided, they were in a place to be pretty high up the pecking order. Plus you factor in Utah and Arizona and Arizona State are still connected to pack twelve bowls. It's like wow, like pop cards at like Alamo, Like there's some some really good options that were on the table. And then you finish the way that they finished and they tie instead of you know, tying for fifth or whatever, they tie for seventh, and you're with a group of four teams that Iowa State, Kansas State, Kansas State actually denied a bowl game, which is so weird with their situation, but I don't know, like that there's a chance they could be picked last in this process. So you went from hopefully like a really good destination to I don't know. I mean, it sounds like the most momentum right now. It is Phoenix for the Rate Bowl, which is really far away in the day after Christmas, so not a great travel situation if that's how this thing plays out. But that's what happens when you don't take care of your business at the end of the season, is you lose premium position and you're trying to figure out what the heck we're going to do.
Speaker 4: Next, all right, which then that leads into signing day and you know, towards the end of the season things not working out.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: How much did that affect this year's recruiting class and how's it look?
Speaker 3: Didn't really affect anything. They actually did something rocky they have not been able to do over these past two classes. They have a really good team in place identifying talent. I mean, you know, over the past couple of years, they've lost like nine guys to SEC's SEC and Big ten schools. Right around signing day this year they held off a couple of SEC schools for guys. They held onto their number one commit right down at the wire, Lance Dawson, who Anderson fans are gonna get to know tonight because he plays for Avon. That's become a nice little UC pipeline over the past couple of years. So actually they were able to do a lot better on that front than they've done in the past couple of years. Rocky, So at least the momentum there that you know, hopefully you're bringing in a lot more talent.
Speaker 2: Had any surprises early on among the portal departures.
Speaker 3: No guys that haven't worked their way up the roster, you know, the one Caimani Burns, I think is you look at that one and you say, how didn't that one work out? But when Dante Corleone got hurt, the door was opened for Camanie Burns to really kind of solidify himself as the next guy in line at defensive tackle. And he didn't fully take advantage of it, and by the end of the year he got passed by Isaiah Rodgers. I think over the last three games he had five snaps, And when a guy had five snaps over three games the end of the season, the writing is kind of on the wall. So nothing that we've seen yet, but you know, who knows what the next couple weeks are going to bring.
Speaker 2: Brendan Sorosby had a really good season this year. Quarterbacks in college football are like ace pitchers in baseball. They're going to get a lot of money. They're very coveted. You know the report from Rick Neuheisel yesterday that, according to him, multiple offers of four million. What's to be made of how precarious is the uh the status of Brendan Sorosby is a UC quarterback going forward?
Speaker 3: It's gregarious. I mean that is that is a whole lot of money. And I just don't know in Cincinnati's situation, if they're in a place to pay a quarterback that kind of money, you know, how much of the rest of your roster?
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you.
Speaker 3: Putting in jeopardy by paying a quarterback that much? So I don't know, Like I know, you know, they've they've had two years with Sowresby. Things have been good, but they have not maybe reached the level that that either side had desired. So it's going to be very interesting to see how this plays out, because you're right that the quarterback position and especially you know, let's not forget you've still got a decision on potentially playing in the NFL yep so, NFL Cincinnati or go somewhere that's going to give you some generational wealth.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, your roster, Yeah, Meanwhile, you've got to replenish you know, Joe Roy or Dante Corleo, guys like that on your I mean we're into talking like baseball salaries or NFL salary caps of can you improve the rest of your team if you devote you know, thirty million to Kyle Schwarber. I mean, it's it's insane, but that's where we are.
Speaker 3: It's insane, and there's no there's no guidelines, there's no limitations on this thing. It is kind of still the wild wild left, if you will. And I saw something today that now they're talking about a twenty percent luxury tax that could be put into place that would allow teams essentially you know what that means. That means teams can go over the cap and then a lot of teams with a you know, a load of money de sent yep. So who knows where this is going? Man, It's it's kind of disheartening because, yeah, you can you can see in real time fans losing their love for college sports. Yep, and that stinks.
Speaker 4: I I agree, thanks, Yeah, I said this channel on my show this week. It's you know, take the college football playoff and it's like, here we are is the end of the season. Has been a great season in the time when it's supposed to be great, and everybody's dialed in. It's a mess. You got coaches leaving and no one can figure that out. The college football playoff, no one can figure that out. It's just a lot of frustration at a time when we should be really excited and enjoying this. It's you wonder how long it can last?
Speaker 3: You really do? I mean, there have to be something done, Yep, I don't know. What Like, I've seen some stuff. I like, I've seen some stuff that makes me go, you have don't care about the kids? Well, it's all what's convenient for the administrators. What's convenient for the coaches? You know, you're talking about like the perfect example the conferences, they move this signing day to January twod Okay, the sixteenth is when or the not signing day, but the portal. The sixteenth is when that closes. Almost everybody will have started classes by them, and you have essentially like two weeks to get enrolled and start school. There's going to be a bunch of kids that are going to go in the portal, that are going to take their time, make an educated decision, and then they're not going to be able to get into the school that they picked until June. How is that good for the kids? Yep, it's good for the coaches, great, But the sport is not supposed to be about the coaches. But here we are.
Speaker 2: Final question directed to tomorrow night the spotlight on the crossdown shootout. How do you feel about the Bearcats entering this matchup?
Speaker 3: I felt a lot better two weeks ago. This is a sense of like, here's the problem I have with Cincinnati right now. This is a new team. We knew that, we talked about that that was you know, the They're going to come in and don't expect a lot right away because it's going to take time to gel. It's gonna take time to get up the speed. We're twenty five percent of the way through the season. Does anybody feel like the curve is going up? No for Cincinnati right now? Nope, No, And that's the problem because like you look at.
Speaker 2: At Xavier, their curve is going up steadily improved.
Speaker 3: Yep. They had a terrible start. Patina figured some things out, he changed the lineup, he changed the way they play, and they're playing better. And I don't know that you can look at anything that Cincinnati's done outside of that first half against Louisville that you could realistically say, I think the arrow is pointing up for these guys, and that's not a good sign going into a place that they haven't won. When did you leave South Bend, Lance, Well, it wasn't that long ago.
Speaker 2: I left South Bend in ninety two. It's been since what two thousand and one since they won at Xavier, correct, two.
Speaker 3: Thousand and one, since they've wonted the Sentas Center. And I've said this multiple times over the past like month and a half. If they don't win this year at Centtas center, they're probably never.
Speaker 2: Gonna I'm happy. We thank you for your time tonight. Tell everybody you guys are cranking out tremendous. I mean all over the signing day layout, all that is offered through Bearcat journal dot com.
Speaker 3: We've been all over signing Day. We've got some stuff with Carter Wilson, who's the director of high school recruiting, the assistant general manager that's going up today. Keegan's been Keyhan and Austen have been killing it on you know, the the game previews and getting ready for the shootout. Uh Dave had a compassioned hour. I don't know if you've had a chance, Felicia last night yet, but an impassion hour about where the fan base is at. Uh So, we've got a lot of really good stuff right now in Bearcat Journal, and I implore you all to try it out.
Speaker 2: I would second that. Thank you, sir. We'll talk next week.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you, gentlemen. Have a great night.