Speaker 1: Back on the Big One seven hundred wlw at is twelve o eight. I'm Dan Carroll, Bill Cunningham, the Great American has a day off. And you heard Scott Sloane say at the end of his show that what's happening at City Hall right now is an absolute dumpster fire. And we are going to be all over that a little bit later on, because what is happening at City Hall is the result of those in leadership at City Hall trying to follow the masters and appease the masters of political correctness, wokeism, and of diversity, equity and inclusion. My next guest, my first guest today, is a woman who knows all about trying to serve those masters and the terrible results of following the policies that come from those ideas. Tina Daskovich is one of the two moms who started a great organization called Moms for Liberty, and she's my first guest today in Tina Daskovic. It is always great to have you on, and you've got to be in great spirits coming off the Mom's for Liberty summit that just wrapped up. I believe it was yesterday or the day before, but I was looking at some of the highlights of the event. What a terrific event that Moms for Liberty just had over the last several days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had a fabulous time. We brought out a thousand moms and dads. We had I think seventy five speakers over three days.
Speaker 3: The energy was high.
Speaker 2: We had Real America's Voice out there live streaming the whole event, and so we unified educated and empowered parents across this country to save America.
Speaker 1: You know, and I said at the top, you know, you fight against the ideas that come along with diversity, to come along with wokeness, to come along with political correctness, because you know that those policies don't work, and you look at them, you call yourself joyful warriors because you know that the message that you have and the policies you endorse are wholesome, They are uplifting, They accrue to the greater good of everyone who gets involved with those policies. And so when I look at those who participated in the No Kings event that we had over the weekend, I don't see a lot of happy warriors there. I see a lot of people who are angry. I see a lot of people who have nasty things to say. They want to flip people the bird. They want to mock Charlie Kirk and the way he was killed. They want to call for the assassination and for the death of the President of the United States. So I think that really shows up a big difference between the types of policies and the types of ideas that you come out with and those on the left.
Speaker 2: I was just notified in watching the video of a that came out from the protest this weekend of a woman that was protesting that she wanted all Nazis dead, and the person interviewing said, well, who would you consider to be a Nazi? And the lady said, Steven, Oh, no, it was a gentleman, Stephen Miller, who's in the White House staff.
Speaker 3: And so I found that bone chilling.
Speaker 2: I've been called a Nazi for four and a half years since he launched Moms for Liberty for standing up for kids, and so you think I would get used to the idea that they want us dead, But every time I hear it or see it, and of course the Charlie Kirk assassination, it's it's bone chilling.
Speaker 1: And you presented your highest award the Sword of Liberty to a group of young Well you presented the Charlie Kirk, but there to accept the award were a group of young people who have aligned themselves with Turning Point USA. And when you see, I'm looking at the picture of you right now, you're standing there and all these young people standing behind you, that's got to give you great hope for the future when you see young individuals like this coming out and standing for those principles.
Speaker 2: And so we Charlie and I were texting the weekend before his assassination trying to get him nailed down to be speaker at our gala at Summit this year, and so the intent was to give Charlie our Liberty Sword this year, and so we went ahead with that and then trying to figure out what to do and how to do it in a respectful manner.
Speaker 3: Somebody and our team came up with.
Speaker 2: The idea to invite some local kids and we thought ten or twenty would show up, but no, they wanted to be there. You know, the monster in National Summit is a lot of fun, but I'm not sure how fun it is for you know, fifteen.
Speaker 3: Year olds or nineteen year olds and so to get.
Speaker 2: Them off the seven o'clock on a Saturday morning. We had over one hundred of them there show up and a number of them get up on stage.
Speaker 3: It was hard to holding back the tears.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to lie absolutely, but when you look at these young people and what they're dedicating themselves to, you know that this is going to pay dividends for them in the future and for those who become part of spreading that message.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's going to pay dividends for us as a country if they if they have the same values that we do, and they're holding up things like goodness and virtue and conservatism, I think the future of America is right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm looking at your x feed right now, and you posted earlier this year. I don't even want to say the individual's name, but there's some of the comments that you get are just some of the most nasty and vile and disgusting things that you can imagine, especially when addressing women. And how do you deal with that? How do you? I mean, I guess you have to know that when you're going to get involved in things like this, it's going to be a rough road and there's going to be things like that. So is it just a matter of growing thick skin to even let that kind of stuff influence you or get to you in any sort of way. But it's amazing to me that that people can look at what it is you're well, they're not really looking at what you're trying to do. They're listening to other people and they're, yes, I'm simply going on base. And that's a lot of what we saw in the in the wake of Charlie Kirk's assassination is people they want to call him a racist, a big and a misogynist, but they don't look at the body of work. They don't look at what he actually did and the way he engaged with people on a regular basis, I would say.
Speaker 2: And when the attacks first came, it's a little disheartening and you throws you off balance. You get used to it really quick like, but over the five years, for the most part, you let it roll. Every now and then something comes in that is and it's usually not on social but maybe it's a letter to my house or something a little bit more aggressive, a clear threat with an intent to hurt in a more personal way. That does rattle me a bit. But you know, we have FBI agents that we report to, we have local law enforcement. We have a great relationship with them, and so we forward those things, you know, And but then you have the assassination of Charlie Kirk and I think I walked around here stupid for a week. Just the lady at church approached me on Sunday after and said, you know, now is the time everybody's got to come together. And I just remember saying, how do I come together with people that want me dead? It was so personal to me, and she looked shocked and a little bit insulted, and I just thought, really, lady, they want us dead. And now to see this person this morning saying that about Stephen Miller, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I like to say that. Oh I let it roll and everything's great. It's it's a little bit.
Speaker 2: It's discouraging, it's depressing, it's intimidating, it's sad like we're taking it to a whole new level in America, and it's it's whole it's just so inappropriate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got to stop. I mean, you know, we've got a we've got a situation here in Cincinnati where the police chief is being dismissed, and they're trying to create the idea that she's under investigation for not adhering to her duties. And it's a it's just an absolute mess. And it's because she she tried to We have a fire chief that was fired because he didn't want to play along with all these ideas. We have a police chief who's getting fired because she tried to play along with these ideas. And they both wind up in the same place. And so what does it?
Speaker 4: YEA?
Speaker 1: And so you deal with these things all the time, especially as it relates to education, and it's it's innocent children who wind up paying the price, whether they don't know how to read, whether they get indoctrinated or they get sexualized, they wind up trying to believe in these ideas that they can become a boy when they're a girl, or a girl when they're a boy. All these things and you and there's a there's a clip on you on this PBS special. I want to talk about that in a second. But you talk about truth, and really when it comes to truth, and I guess what really got me in thinking about this was on Saturday, I turned on the No King's protest. It was being covered by c SPAN, And the first person I see is Randy Weingarten, the head of the Teachers Association national head, and I thought she had stepped down, but she's still the head of that, still the president. And I watched her speak for about fifteen minutes, not a single word about students, not a single word about teachers. It's all about political activism. It's all about hate Trump, it's all about their agenda as a political operation. It's all about keeping the gravy train going. So you know, here's Randy Winingarden, who's supposed to be in it for the betterment of children, but yes, she's not in it for the betterment of herself, not even for the better event of the union. It's all for the betterment of her and her political allies. And it's kids, innocent people who wind up paying the price for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's a whole two hour episode of your show, I'd say, going to.
Speaker 6: Randy, Well, yeah, the role of the teachers, yeah, of course, the role Just there's so much there.
Speaker 2: Randy Weingarten is a is a nightmare, but she's just the figurehead of the power of teachers unions in our country and the role they've played to destroy public education and in my opinion, our country. And so you know, year after year, you can just look at the agenda items they vote on on their annual conferences and it never has anything to do with education. Let's just look at her book that she just came out of the gate with just a few days after Charlie's assassinated, and on the bullet it says catch fascist. Her book is about fascists in America. The opening forward mentions Mom for liberty at least three times, like she is the problem. And so I said, give me two hours. I'll just do it tiring on like just a ramp my south. I got a laundry list complaints there.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And let's talk about this PBS show that you were on. What's it called deadlocked? Is that that's the name of the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's called Breaking the Deadlock.
Speaker 1: I think they Okay, breaking the deadlock, Okay, yeah, I'm seeing it now, Yeah, Breaking the Deadlock, Truth under Fire. And so this is a panel discussion where PBS and I see that Ann Coulter was on that panel with you, and she wrote about this. She writes about an exciting new TV show that's uncontaminated by facts. So they set up these scenario that didn't happen in real life, but yet somehow you're all supposed to talk about this scenario that they present and find common ground during the debate of this idea is this? Is this something that? And the way she describes it, she talks about I guess you're not allowed to present real world facts in the course of your argument. Is is that true? Or is that? How does this whole thing play up?
Speaker 2: It's so fascinating. So they approached me and asked that to be part of it. I was very hesitant. Everybody on my team, everybody I talked to, said no, no, no, don't go do it because they won't tell you who's going to be on the show with you, and they won't tell you even what the topic is. And so I said, I would like to participate, but you have to reassure me it's not like about Chinese foreign policy, because I've got nothing to contribute, Like what are we going to talk about?
Speaker 3: But they would not tell me.
Speaker 2: They did say that it was, you know, topics that I wouldn't be knowledgeable about.
Speaker 3: And so we recorded in Manhattan on the day of Charlie.
Speaker 2: Kirk's memorial, which was I don't know just I wanted to be there in Arizona, but I had committed to this to week weeks prior, and this was about finding common ground and having civil discourse, so I thought it was my use of time would probably be the go to the show to be more important. I found one of my chapter chairs locally to drive into the city to record the whole thing on her phone. It was three hours of recording, just in case they did to me what they were going to do, what they give me in sixty minutes. I walk in the room and you just mentioned some of the people in the panel, but it's Rick what's his last name, head of the Lincoln Project. Yeah, head of the Lincoln Project is standing there. The guy Eddie from MSNBC is standing there, the lady from CNN, and the other lady from NSNBC is standing there, and I'm like, oh boy, this is And then I see En Coulter walk in.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, at least you know I got someone else, someone else.
Speaker 2: That's gonna see things the right way. Roger Severino from the Heritage comes in. You know, you're just you're you're kind of your emotions are like you're gauging the situation, like what's going to go down here. Then they walk you into the room and the cameras are already rolling before they tell you the topics or anything, and yeah, it's a hypothetical scenario. And they came right out the gate telling me I was a school board member, and so inside I'm like, OK, I know how to do that there yet, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can do this one.
Speaker 2: And they give you these scenarios and somebody played the role of a governor and a candidate and a news anchor, and they're realistic, very realistic scenarios, and then they give you twists and turns and you kind of have to debate it out. I think some people were very honest and forthcoming on how to maneuver through and others probably not. They were viewing talking points. But it was fascinating. I actually thoroughly enjoyed it. So I'm looking forward to the episode tonight. But they're going to take three hours of recording down to one, and so you have to wonder, you know, what's left.
Speaker 3: Will it be an honest depiction of the conversation?
Speaker 1: Okay, So if I if I tune into my local PBS station to watch that tonight, is it going to be worth my time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to watch it. I just in my local team here in Florida. I was like, if you want to come buy my house and your Jammy's at nine pm, I'll make it some Bocorn's watch it. So we're gonna we're going to watch it. We'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you what you're doing. Great work over there at Moms for Little but you're really you're one of my favorite guests I have on and I love Moms for Liberty and everything you stand for. And congratulations on the National Summit there in Orlando, Florida. What a great event. And I'm looking at I spent a couple hours today looking at some of the highlights and some of the speakers that you had there, so it just looked like a fantastic event. And keep up the great work Teina Disco, which I always appreciate the time that you can give us. I know you've got your own podcast going on. If people want to find your podcast that you do, where can they do that?
Speaker 2: They can go to the Mom's for Liberty website and go under the Fire of Liberty, or they can go to our YouTube channel and all episodes are posted there. I appreciate the chance to promote that a bit. We highlight every Wednesday at ten one of our grassroots leaders and the stories really are fantastic, really moving and inspiring, and so I encourage people to listen. You can also find it on Apple and Spotify. The Fire of Liberty Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, as Rush Limball used to say, the reason the reason you come under attack, the reason he came under attack is because he's effective and you're effective, and you're doing a great job. And again, thank you so much for spending the time to come on my show. I always love hearing your message and I hope we get a chance of talking in so.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for the opportunity.
Speaker 1: All Right, there, you got all right, Tina Daskovich, Mom's for Liberty and what a fantastic organization. We are going to shift gears and talk about what's happening at City Hall, what's happening with Teresa Thigi. I've got Ken Kober coming up. I know you heard him a little while ago on The Sloan Show. He'll be here to give his thoughts on that. Chris Smithman will weigh in as well. So all that straight ahead. Dan carroll in for Bill Cunningham on seven hundred WLW. Back on the Big One, seven hundred WLW, Dan carrollin for Bill Cunningham, the Great American taking a few days off from what we are seeing in City Hall right now is the inevitable result of failed leadership. Leadership that adheres to the policies of serving the masters of political correctness, wokeism and DEI diversity, equity and inclusion. You don't have to believe me. You can go right to the city website and you can read the policies for yourself. So it matters not if you go along with or believe in these policy ideas or if you oppose these ideas, as long as you have those at the top who insist on incorporating these ideas into their policy decisions, those who must live under those decisions, and those who must carry out those policies based on this kind of nonsense are going to wind up paying the price. And in this case it's the citizens who pay through victimization. It's a citizens who gets shot and made and killed by repeat offenders on the streets on a daily basis. And now it's the citizens again who are going to be victimized because the city is going to wind up paying out multi time million dollar settlements. Look at Mike Washington, decades of service with the Cincinnati Fire Department, highly qualified to become the chief, but yet he refused to play along. He would not serve those masters of political correctness, of wokism, of dei, the masters that demanded his acquiescence despite his own knowledge that these things were not going to work, that they were not going to serve the men and women of the Fire Department well, and they were not going to serve the citizens of the City of Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: So what happens Then he gets falsely accused of violating department policies and is wrongly dismissed by the city manager. And now he's in line for a multimillion dollar settlement with the City of Cincinnati. Now we have the police chief treaties. The THIGI tried to play along, tried to appease the masters of DEI, wokeness and political correctness, tried to play the game, and we saw the results. Rampant crime running gun battles in the city of Cincinnati. People getting their heads kicked than on national television while doing nothing more than walking down a downtown Cincinnati street. An absolute disgrace. And where does that get? The police chief paid administrative leave under investigation. Her attorney, Stephen M says, they've passed judgment and now they're looking for a crime. Doesn't matter if you like the policies or not, you'll wind up in the same place. Joining me now is Ken coober the head of the FOP in Cincinnati. And Ken Kobert, thanks again for being on seven hundred WLW. And it really is an absolute disgrace the way this thing is playing out right now.
Speaker 5: Thanks for me, And you're absolutely right. I mean, it's absolutely shameful the way that's it in thirty five years with this police department's being treated.
Speaker 1: So it's not just bad for the chief, but it's bad for the men and women who wear the uniform. It's bad for the citizens of Cincinnati. It makes us look like on a national level, from those who are looking at us from the outside, it makes us look like a clown show. I mean, I think we've all known that we've had it going on for some time here in the city of Cincinnati, but now with you know, on the eve of an election, and someone's got to be made to answer for problems that have not been solved. Now they want to turn it and make it look like the police chief was the one and as Steve and m laid it out quite clearly this morning, this whole notion that she is on paid administrative leave. You know, Ken Cobra, When I saw that last night that they put her on paid administrative leave, I'm thinking to myself, Well, did she do something wrong? Did she do something? Is there some video of her out there accepting a bribe or treating someone badly, or doing something that she shouldn't have been doing normally when you're on paid administrative leave? You know, did she shoot at someone? Was there a shooting that we don't know about. Usually there's something that needs to be investigated. In this case, he's as they've passed judgment and now they're looking for the crime.
Speaker 5: Sure, it's a different than a policeman arresting somebody and deciding what they're going to charge them with. Well, we'll come up with something, I guess we'll investigate further. It's not this works. You know the fact that this has been going on now for nearly a week. You know, you have a chief that's been ordered to come home from a conference where she was representing the city of Cincinnati the police department, and then it's asked to resign.
Speaker 1: If they had.
Speaker 5: Something that that was something that they thought was worthy of termination, why didn't they just terminate her when she got back in town.
Speaker 4: Instead you ask.
Speaker 5: Her to resign, and they're playing all these games for the last five days. No one deserves to be treated this way. And you wonder why we have problem with recruitment and retention of officers in the city, And this is exactly why. Because if they'll treat a chief of police that has spent thirty five years here, how do you think they're going to treat a police officer. And that's the problem We're going to continue to have these problems. Were already struggling to recruit and retain officers. This is only going to make things worse.
Speaker 1: Well, the only thing I can think of is that someone must have shown the city charter to the city manager and said, look, if you fire the police chief without cause, we're going to be in line to to pay out a huge settlement. So I guess maybe they made a calculation at city Hall that this chief would simply come in, have a little sit down, and then decide to resign with whatever settlement they wanted to offer. So I think they made a miscalculation that when dj came back from Denver, they had their sit down and she said, nope, I'm not going along with this, and she heads right over to the Finny law firm, which I think was a great move on her part.
Speaker 5: Yeah, an administrative lee. Let's just call this what it is. This is buying them time, and they're buying her silence because she knows as long as she's still here employed, she can't say what she wants to say, which is what's going on for the last three years, which is why we're in this to begin with. All those confirmed this morning from this press conference is exactly what I've been talking about, keeping politics out of policing. I mean, there's no doubt that the things that she's done has been because the mayor of the city managers told her to do it, and now because of that they're going to try to terminate her. She is more than capable of running this Police Department. However, she's not been ever given that ability or that opportunity. It's always been you're going to do this or you're going to do that. And this is exactly why we're here. And now, of course I can sell on the eve of an election, you know Prime still has and fixed a self big surprise. Put another chief in there, doesn't matter as long as you don't give whoever the next chief is, you have enter in chief Henny. If they don't give the ability to make the changes that he sees that we should make, we're going.
Speaker 4: To be in the same boat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to ask you about Henny in the second, but excuse me. During the news conference, Steven m was asked about that particular issue as it relates to the chief, and I believe the question was phrased along the lines, and I'm paraphrasing here that this chief really did nothing more than carry out the wishes of the city manager, of the mayor and tried to do things along the lines of what she was told. So she tried, she tried, I think, for as long as she could to play that game to have the Cincinnati Police Department fall in line with these ridiculous ideas that are laid out. I mean, then you can see him for yourself the way they wanted to handle policing within the city. And then once we got the results, and we saw those results played out on our television sets night in and night out, and then of course we made national news when we had that beat down on the streets of Cincinnati. The political heat gets turned up, and then they've got to find someone else to blame for their own incompetence and their own poor ideas. I don't think it really amounts to anything more than that. And she tried to do just tried to do exactly what they told her to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that just did And that's the end result of the issue five and not having a chief that has really any protection you know from a city you know, the mayor or the city manager. You know, that has long since gone and was voted on in two thousand and one, and we're still seeing effects of it. We saw the effects of it when James Craig was here. He refused to bow down to the pressure of city Hall and city Council, and they kept him there for two years and said, ye that it's notime for you to go and this is no different. The difference is now is she's tried to do what they tell her to do and it's been a bysmal failure because crime is still going through the roof because of these policies that the mayor and the city manager wanted wanted her to follow if she did, and the end result is we're going to try to terminate you for doing what we told you to do, which makes absolute no sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how many times have we heard from leadership in this city, from council members, from the mayor, the council members of council, city manager talking to the rank and file of the Cincinnati Police Department telling them that this discouncil, this leadership has your back, We have your back. We know we want you to go out represent the city. Well, do you know, do your best by the people of this city, and we've got your back. So when when you hear city leaders say that, how does that jive with the reality of the situation that we're seeing right now, Well, they.
Speaker 5: Say that, but the caveat with that is, look, we gave we just gave you five million dollars. We support you, confusing, confusing, throwing money at a problem and saying that that support is just that's very misguided. Uh, you know, support is these cops don't want extra over time. We're they're up to their ears in it to begin with. What cops want or to know that they can go out and they can do their job without fear of some kind of political persecution.
Speaker 1: And that's the problem is nobody believes it.
Speaker 5: No cop believes from city Hall that they're actually going to support them if something happens. And that's that's ultimately that that is something that is dangerous for the city. And I don't know how you said. Quite honestly, I don't know if at this point it's fixible until there's a new administration.
Speaker 1: You know, we talked about it, you know, all the times I've had you on, all the times you've been on this radio station. We talk about all the all the components of this equation. You've got to have police that go out and do the right thing. You've got to have prosecutors that get tough on criminals. You've got to have a judicial system. You've got to have judges that stop giving repeat offenders a slap on the wrist. And you know, when you've got people out on the street that shouldn't be out there are cutting off ankle monitors and going and killing innocent people. And you've got people that wind up who have multiple felony offenses, weapons under disability, that wind up on the street committing crimes time after time after time. We all these all these components need to work together. And steven enpoint it out during his news conference today that this mayor and the leadership at city Hall refuses to try to do anything to make that happen. So I don't know if it would work or not. The mayor can't control the judges, but the mayor can certainly try and wield some influence with them and say, look, we're doing our part over here as the people who run the police department to get our police out there making arrests, doing the right things, trying to stop crying. And you've got to help us out, Madam prosecutor, You've got to help us out. Judge X, Y and Z. You can't keep letting these people go. But none of those kind of conversations apparently ever take place.
Speaker 5: Let me take some words a quote from the mayor last week is that all things are on the table, All things are on the table as long as it's comfortable for him, because not once as he ever spoke out publicly about demanding that judges hold people. Not once I've asked him about this last year. I know the Chief have done the same thing. They refuses to do it. So while he may not have any authority over them, it's pretty telling when you have a mayor of a Cincinnati that says, look at the time, for these judges to hold these people, you are making this dangerous. You don't have to call them out by name. So anybody can go and search the website and search the internet and they can find out what the judges that are causing this are. You know, I bring it to the attention all the time on social media. You don't have to call anybody else specifically. What you should be doing is saying publicly we need judges to do their part, and he refuses to.
Speaker 1: So tell me about Chief Henny, what Adam Henny? What can you tell me about an assistant chief? And now I guess acting Chief Adam Henny.
Speaker 5: That he's been here for twenty six years, the veteran of the Navy. I actually worked for him when I was in the Central Business Section. Fantastically. It was a great captain. You know, he's been in charge of our civil Disturbance Response team, he's in charge of our SWAT team. I genuinely believe that he is here to make changes that are going to make officers job easier, that are going to make them safer, that are going to make the community. For what I call into question isn't his ability, it's is he going to be able to do what needs to be done to make changes? And if they give him full authority and control, there's absolutely this will be a safer place. But you could say the same thing about Chief Fiji. If she was given full authority of control over this department, there would be good changes that are made. So while I certainly I think the world of Colonel Henney, it's still going to be yet to be seen as is the city going to allow him to do what needs to be done, because if they do, this still be a safer place. But like I said, it's the same way with Chief Fiji. Until something changes at City Hall, nothing is going to change throughout the city.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just going to make that point. If the policies from the top don't change, I don't know anything on the streets and anything in real life is going to change. Ken Cober, As you look at this situation right now and it is an absolute mess. What do you think the best case scenario is for the police department, for the citizens of Cincinnati, for the for the voters, attack payers of Cincinnati and Hamilton County? What do you think the best case scenario is moving forward?
Speaker 5: You know, and this is just my opinion, is simply a police officer, a union leader. The damage is done with the chief. My suggestion would be to make her hole. Whatever that looks like, don't know, certainly not part of that conversation, don't want to be part of it. But I've told council members this over the last couple of days. Figure out what you get to do to make her whole, do it very very quickly. In this police department need to move on. That's the reality. I told the chief last night when I talked to her, I wouldn't want to come back here if they offered it to the way that she's been treated is absolutely just disrespectful. In my opinion, it's beyond repair. So the city needs to step up, do the right thing. Rip the band aid off, do whatever you have to do to satisfy Chief Fiji, let her retire, let her go enjoy retirement, and let this police department move forward.
Speaker 1: Well, hopefully something like that will happen and we can step into a new era. But as long as the people of the people of Cincinnati, the people who cast their votes, and again we talked about at the top, we are on the eve of an election, and the early voting has already started. So the people who cast their votes, the people who can really make a difference in the city of Cincinnati, are the ones who are going to have to step up here and not let this go unexcused. It is an absolute travesty that someone with the record and the longevity I mean, I mean really, in reality, what she got thirty four, thirty four years on the job something like that, is that day was her thirty fifth anniversary. So in reality, what she got left ano the two years, another three years, maybe four it the most maybe she works, you know, makes it a forty year career. So with with with her already seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, that her career comes to an end this way is just it's inexcusable that this is this is going down the way it is, Ken Kobra, I'll give you the last word. We gotta we gotta run.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 5: Like I said, they need to make the chief right. No one deserves to be treated this way. The citizens deserve to know who's going to be in charge of this department in the future. And with all this hanging in the balance, we have an arm chief. They've got to figure this out. They need to figure it out quickly. Make chief cigi hoole whatever that looks like, and let's move on. The citizens deserve better.
Speaker 1: Ken Cobert, you're the best. Keep up the great work. These are tough times and I appreciate you coming on all the time that you that you spend coming on talking about these issues. Ken, Thank you very much and we'll talk to you again. So come good.
Speaker 5: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, Ken kober the head of the FOP joining me after the news Top of the Hour, Chris Mithman, we'll weigh in on this as well. You cannot serve the masters of political correctness, of wokeism, of dei and expect different results than we have right now. Twelve fifty five. Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham seven hundred WLW. Hi'm a big one seven hundred WLW. It's one o eight Dan Carroll in for Bill Cunningham. And we have the specter now of the Chief of Police luring up with the Finny Law Firm. Who look, when it comes to the idea of City Hall facing off with the Finny Law firm, that is not a good proposition for city Hall. The Finny Law Firm and Steven m have just run roughshot over City Hall and they continue to do so. And Chief Fiji could not have put better attorneys on her side. And let me read to you from the City of Cincinnati website and the city's official statement and commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion is expressed through its Municipal Code, citywide policies, and the work of the Department of Economic Inclusion DEI and other departments. The City's Official Equity Statement emphasizes fostering inclusivity, diversity and equity, and community engagement for building trust, collaboration, and achieving outcomes that benefit everyone. The Municipal Code prohibits discrimination in housing, employment, and public combination. That's all great. The Department of Economic Inclusion aims to ensure economic opportunity for everyone. Uh, A community engagement policy was established to ensure clear and inclusive communications. That's all great, but how's it working out? How are these policies working out? How are the Cincinnati police policies of building on? Here's the act for Cincinnati, Achieving change together in Cincinnati builds on a public health approach to violence prevention, focusing on addressing the root causes of violence through proactive strategies. How's that working out? This is a statement that was put out October thirteenth, twenty five. So this is this is current policy. Community problem oriented policing a policing strategy that seeks resolution of troublesome circumstances framed as a problem to solve. Problems are carefully analyzed and a wide variety of solutions are considered, often involving non police agencies as part partners. Well, how's that working out? Scanning, analyzing, and responsing assessing a strategic and data informed process that helps us better understand why problems repeat? Why do problems repeat? Is it because repeat offenders continuously go through the revolving door of the justice center and wind up back on the streets to cause even more murder and mayhem. Seems pretty simple to me. Seems pretty simple that the policies that you have that serve the masters, and this is what I'm calling it, serving the masters of DEI, serving the masters of wokeness, serving the masters of political correctness, have brought us to where we are today. And I talked about it before. Mike Washington, the fire chief, didn't want to go along with that. So what did he get for his trouble? He gets his name smeared and he gets fired for his trouble. Now he's going to wind up probably with a seven at least a seven, maybe an eight figure settlement that's going to come from the City of Cincinnati. And when I say the City of Cincinnati, that means people who pay taxes in the City of Cincinnati. That's where that money comes. That money comes out of your pocket. That is what this city administration has brought to you. Now you just heard Ken Kober talk about the police chief Teresa Thiji. How can she possibly go back to being the police chief of Cincinnati after all this? So his suggestion, best case scenario moving forward, make the chief hole. And making the chief hole is going to require probably a seven figure settlement, maybe an eight figure settlement. Who knows. The longer this goes on, the bigger and bigger the numbers get, and that's going to be the City of Cincinnati paying out large sums of money. This is failed leadership, failed leadership at the top and again on the eve of an election, and they're trying to make it look as if the police chief was the one that thought or were the one who was at fault. And Chris Smitheman joins us now and Chris Smitheman, what an absolute mess we are seeing at city Hall and an absolute disgrace the way this police chief is being treated by the administration.
Speaker 4: I mean, Dan Carroll, you can't set it up any better. We're in the middle of a tight race, We're two weeks out. We have a mayor who has clearly concerned he's probably looking at a poll that speculation. To you listening audience, I don't like to say things that I know, but I know that these campaigns go out there, they do polls, and you know, crime is a number one issue. Whether we're in an African American neighborhood or whether a predominantly African American neighborhood or we're in a predominantly white neighborhood. Everybody's saying the same thing. They're scared to come out of their house. They don't want to come downtown. You know, crime is the number one issue. This is a nonpartisan issue. It's not about Democrat Republican independence. It's about common sense. And people are tired of getting robbed these low level crimes, and they're tired of seeing people get killed every other day in the streets. And remember Dan Carroll, the mayor, has been saying that Cincinnati has been safe and that we're having a perception issue. This was prior to the two shootings, one off Fountains Swear one on Found Square. So why would you why would you need to fire your police chief if you're saying crime is down and you and I are just having a perception issue, is not reality? Mean, your your police chief is batman and that person obviously is doing a good job. So she's clearly blindfided. And I just want to lift up the Neville family because they deserve it. They've given us two hundred and forty two years of their service to our community as a peace officers. They have young people now who have joined the forest all over the city, in the county with another fifty years. So it's not an exaggeration when I say this family has two hundred and ninety two years of service as all peace officers and you have a mayor from Dayton. This is our problem. You've done this. You know this guy is disconnected from our community and walks in and tell and tells the police chief Dan Carroll, that has nothing in her record now want nothing, nothing, no bad citation in her entire career of thirty five years. This is absolutely diabolical and I feel really bad. This is a scapegoat kind of move on his part. It shows you how the mayor is more interested in his political career. But at the end of the day, this comes down to the jury, which are the voters, Dan Carroll. We have an election on November the fourth, and voter turnout is incredibly low. Like I don't think I'm exaggerating. I don't think we've broke twenty percent. Let's just say we're at fifteen percent. Maybe you'll have somebody on for the BOE to kind of say, hey, this is where we are. But we know the apathy is there tremendously. What we need are places like the West Side, places like Hyde Park and Mount Lookout as examples. These are just three Devil's Bond Hill rolls down everything, all of them to get their families out to participate in the political process. Because the elections have consequences. What kind of message does it send in our end here by saying at the end of this election, Dan Carroll is if people come back and the same people our council are elected, this mayor is re elected, you just literally empowered. Then you don't becomes the tenured member as a mayor, meaning he's never gonna run again to be the mayor. He's in his he gets a four of fresh four years. He's not running for reelection. That is that's very dangerous for Hyde Park if they're listening to me and listening to us, because he doesn't have to he doesn't have to do anything. He's clearly said it doesn't matter what the fifty two neighborhoods say, whether it's connect communities or whether this project here in Hyde Park and what his failure has been, meaning the buck stops with him. I'm just going to try to use very career language a mayor who's trying to push this off to the police chief as terrible leadership. He's the strong mayor. We voted for a strong mayor. We have a city manager there, she's the CEO. And at the end of the day, both of them decide they're going to fire the police chief, use her as escapegoat going into the election saying it's her problem and it's her fault. I just say, Daddy, Carroll, this is really bad. I've never seen it this bad. Never. I'm talking about collectively, as a council and a mayor and a manager. Collectively, I've never seen it in my history. I was born, raised in Cincinnati, been here my whole life, almost lived in the same neighborhood my whole life, and I've never seen it as bad.
Speaker 1: Chris Bellvin, It's gross and competence. It's failed leadership. It's trying to adhere to these policies of wokeness and DEI and political correctness, and it really it is all these things run am up, and it winds up being a disgraceful final chapter for someone who should have been able to go out in a way a lot more dignified than working for these clowns at city Hall. Her attorney said Steven m said she did. She didn't do anything more than try to carry out the orders and the wishes of those political individuals who were her superiors, her bosses, and she tried to care out as best she could walk that fine line between the nonsense that they want her to engage in and doing the real police work, the hard police work, the police work that isn't pretty, that needs to be done on a regular basis. And for her efforts, this is what she gets.
Speaker 4: We are.
Speaker 1: So on one hand, you've got Mike Washington, who wouldn't go along with the nonsense that came out of City Hall. He gets, he gets his name smeared, he gets fired. Now he's in line for a multi million dollar settlement. Now we have the police chief who tried to play along, who tried to do what, you know, what was good for the police and good for the people at city Hall. And they both wind up in the exact same place. What does that tell you? What does that tell you about the policies that we have at city Hall?
Speaker 4: Boy, I'll shake in my head. You have laid it out, and just think about what the frontline officers are thinking today in this chaos you know, like, this is how you treat the police chief after thirty five years? What are you going to do to me? And I've only got two to five years and I'm still on probation. I'm a new officer, you know. And this is a Neville family that they dedicated their life and you and I both know proactive policing would resolve this, right, but they've hired a consultant, right, they've empowered that consultant. I want to state clearly that it was the mayor who told the governor, I don't need you, meaning governor might divine Andy Wilson. This is the criminal Justice director for the governor. Have all said since may we see the spike, we would like to help. And it wasn't the mayor, it wasn't the police chief, and it wasn't even the city manager. It was the mayor through politics. He's a Republican. I don't want to work with the Republican. This is what I try to tell the public. Looks, once the election is over, you got to roll your sleeves up and you got to get stuff done. You gotta work. Is this not about who's a Republican or German? We got to do what's best for the people. This mayor kept telling the governor, I don't need your help. I don't need your help. And so now they're only you using the governor four times a month. Right. The reality was is we've lost a lot of people because we have not engaged the governor and his assets. We have it engaged our sheriff. We haven't engaged our prosecutors, our judges. You know, we just our atf I'm telling you, Dan Carroll, when I served as the vice mayor of the city since night John Cranley assembled every law enforcement arm including reentry, including the Urban League, including the Cincinnati NAACP. We all came around the table. We said, here are the ten or twenty bad guys. I mean, these are the people that we got to get by name. We know where they are and we put a plan together to go find them a rest them. Right. It's like, it's not like everybody around here is committing crime. We have repeat offenders. We have a problem with the judges who keep letting people out. Are cops are arresting. But Fiji Chief Fiji could not do her job, which is what you're saying, because you had a mayor and a manager and in my opinion, a consultant who is pushing defunds, reimagine federal oversight. And our officers out there are not able to do the proactive policing that they need, and now they're using her as a scapegoat because this mayor is concerned about his reelection. Everybody, please listen, show up and vote. This is you're in the jury box. It's your decision right now. It's in your hands. November the fourth, make sure your children who are away at college. Make sure that your adult children who might be living with you or live somewhere else in the city of Cincinnati, make sure that they are fully locked and loaded. We cannot have in High Park sixteen thousand registered voters. And fourth that people show up. That is not You've got to turn out the vote, Dan Carroll. And and by the way, the elections have consequences. Brother, so we if we don't show up, who's responsible for all of this? We are? I mean, at the end of the day, it reflects on our leadership. If we don't show up and participate, you are the man, Dan Carroll, because there are very few people. Please listen. This is this voice, Dan Carroll, This station is critical to our community right now in getting the truth out about the corruption that is happening at city Hall. Here's what I will tell you. The speculation is, I speculate that the mayor called the manager and said, if you don't fire her, I'm going to fire you. Because the mayor can serve the manager up to council, he's the only one that can do it and get seven votes. The manager should have said, go for it. I don't think you have the seven votes to me. But that's not what happened. This manager buckled, most likely under that kind of call and that kind of pressure and says, you know what, it's my job or her job. I'm gonna throw her under the bus. Well, we've got a major problem downtown with this kind of leadership, and we could change it. On November the fourth, Dan Carroll, Chris.
Speaker 1: S Mitherman, we saw this coming a couple of weeks ago, that the police chief was going to be teed up. We didn't know what was going to play out the way it's playing out. It's an absolute mess. And again it's just more of the failed leadership that we've seen at Cincinnati City Hall. And Chris Smitherman. I want to thank you for taking the time.
Speaker 4: Thank you, no no, no, I'm running crazy and I was late coming on through demand, Dan Carroll, and I want to thank you so much for allowing me to have a voice in his most important time to weigh in. And I want the Neville family, I want Chief DG to know that their voices out here who appreciate their service to our community and are standing with them push back on this council. I love when the lawyer said, I'm still the chief, she's still the cheap You're not going to be able to push me out and hurt my career and my reputation like this. So thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they thought she would acquiesce, and they made a bad calculation there, and now it's going to it's going to come back to bite him, and then the thing is going to come back to bite the taxpayers because there's going to be millions of dollars that that wind up flowing out the door because of this. Chris Smitherman, you're the best. We'll talk to you again soon.
Speaker 4: Bra I appreciate your thank you.
Speaker 1: All Right, there you go here, the one and only Chris Smithman. I do want to thank him for weighing it. It's one twenty five. We got to get to a break news coming up at the bottom of the hour. Dan Carroll in for Bill Cunningham seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: If they keep going away to go on, I don't know what's going happen in our city. Oh hello, hello, buyet and I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Seg We have an absolute mess going on in city hall right now, that's for sure. And when and I want to know what what you're going to do about it.
Speaker 8: Let the police chief be the police chief. That's all I got to say. You know, they better do our job.
Speaker 1: They talk about that they want to they want to build a public health approach to violence prevention. What the hell does that mean? I have no idea that they want to They want to focus on addressing the root causes of violence through proactive strategies. What the hell does that mean? I have no idea. You know, they probably paid some consultant hundreds of thousands of dollars to say those big words and put it on What do you think it is? They want a policing strategy and I'm reading this right off the Cincinnati website, all right. They want a policing strategy that seeks resolution of troublesome circumstances framed as problems to solve. What the hell does that mean? I have no idea. How about how about you go out, you arrest the bad guys and you lock them up?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 1: It doesn't seem a lot more complicated than that does?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Nope, but yet that but yet they got to make the police chief look like the bad guy, right and say that he look, he's doing her job and he's a scapegoat. Yeah, paid administrative leave and under investigation, and Steve and m of the f and the lost the Finny Law law firm is just teating up the city.
Speaker 8: Just at press conference, was like, oh, just chewing them up alive. Yeah, they've already passed judgment. Now they're trying to find the crime. Right, Is that the way it's supposed to work?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I don't think so. I don't either. I mean they're doing it.
Speaker 4: Do you know what?
Speaker 1: Backwards? Absolutely crazy, crazy, absolute clown. That's a guy we need right there?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 1: Chas Luken come in, Supreme City Commander. That's it. Well, Charlie, everybody else out council everything charge of the money right now.
Speaker 7: I saw, I saw, he knows what the hell you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 8: I saw two people on council last night. I don't even know heck they were. I didn't even know they were on council. Usually, you know, you sit there and go, okay, you got you can name about four or five I council people with no problem. I mean, you know, the only one I know is Scottie Johnson, that's it.
Speaker 1: And the mayor, well, there's only one or two that'll come on this radio station and believable. And the rest on the you know, they'll come on with Scott's loan. The rest of them don't don't want anything to do with this station.
Speaker 8: Dan Carrol, the Stoote Reporters a proud service every local Tamestar Heating and air conditioning dealers. Tamestar quality you could feel in northern Kentucky go any weather heating in air at eight five, nine, seven, eight one forty eight twenty two spot.
Speaker 1: I want to thank.
Speaker 8: Lear's Prime Market for our lunch today. Lear's Prime Market the Deluxe Deli located in beautiful downtown Milford. Learsprime dot Com Lear's prime. Always a cut above, always a cut above.
Speaker 1: And let's see.
Speaker 8: Dodgers and Blue Jays World Series Game one in Toronto on Friday night.
Speaker 1: Now, I saw on my social media today, Uh huh, someone posted that. I think it was Audie. He said, David Bell, who has led the Blue Jays to the World Series.
Speaker 8: Well, he's vice president of Baseball Operations as assistant general manager, so he's had a hand in.
Speaker 1: So has he led them well to the World Series? I would say that he's one of them. He can lead the Blue Jays to the World Series. Why couldn't he lead the Reds to the World Series.
Speaker 8: He's had a year in Toronto, and look what happens there in the series. Jeff Hoffman as a former Reds pitcher who is here in twenty one and twenty two.
Speaker 1: So there's another angle coincident.
Speaker 8: Reds Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits at Party Town thirteen, the convenient locations in Northern Kentucky. Bengal players with their usual Tuesday off, their back at work tomorrow against ozoh and seven New York Jets. College football number twenty one UC Bearcats co leaders of the Big twelve host A Baylor on Saturday. More tonight on the Scott Centerfield Show Live from the original Montgomery in at eight oh five. High school sports, How about this ni L is now a reality in Ohio high school sports for the time being. What federal you're one of your good friends of Franklin County judge issued a t r O. That's a temporary restraining order which would allow high school athletes in the state of Ohio to enter NIL deals. This is with a kid out of Dayton at Wayne High School in Dayton.
Speaker 1: Athletes can now get paid entering into their own NIL deals.
Speaker 8: Some school districts have in trouble. They haven't passed the school levy in fifty years. Now they got to pay now, they got to pay money to keep some players or buy them. Do the schools got to pay him or no idea? I don't know what the rules are. I have no idea, so think I don't think anybody does yet.
Speaker 1: So are we going to hear that kid from Indian Hill what you talked about him yesterday? You mean wild Man?
Speaker 8: How much wild How much would wild Man to get about twenty five cents for him?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: You mean mister Daniel in the PA announcer. It's at Indian Hill cutting in il.
Speaker 8: Deal college basketball. The Big East Men's basketball preseason poll is out. Xavier picked eighth out of eleven in the Big East, eight out of eleven in Saint John's Yukon, Creighton one two three, Xavier in eighth place.
Speaker 1: They have lost an exhibition game over the week They welcome in eleven transfers. Xavier lost an exhibition game over the weekend. But in Oxford it's a little better.
Speaker 8: Travis Steele and his team picked second in the Mid American Conference behind the Akron Zips. Tom Brenneman's ou Bobcats are fourth. I like the mac So there you go right there, and uh let's see in the in the Big East Women's basketball poll, of course, Yukon why not?
Speaker 1: And Xavier ladies are picked last. Whoops, whoopsy? But how about this? I predict, I predict they'll do better than last.
Speaker 8: Five stars senior and Lebanon, Ohio native Anthony Thompson has committed the the Ohio State Buckeyes, becoming the buckeyes highest ranked men's basketball recruit more than decade. Uh this he chose the buck Eyes over Indiana, and you know in Michigan, Kentucky and North Carolina.
Speaker 1: He's like, what is he?
Speaker 8: He's the number one recruit in Ohio, number eight overall in the nation. He's out of Western Reserve Academy in Hudson, Ohio, six' eight left handed, forward and he's like one of the top players in the, nation and he is headed Toward.
Speaker 1: Columbus our business is chomping at the bit to shower tens of thousands or maybe hundreds of thousands of dollars on high school. Athletes yet to endorse their. Prizes it's only it's only this deal right, here and who knows what's going to.
Speaker 8: Happen someone's. Crazy someone next thing is going to be middle, school grade, school and elementary. School, well, sure if you can do it in high, school why?
Speaker 4: Not why?
Speaker 8: Not six Times Super bowl winning head Coach Bill belichick advanced to the final twelve coaches and running for The Pro Football hall Of. Fame Tom, Coughlin Mike, Shanahan George, seaffert And Mike holmgren are among the. Others so uh In North, Carolina, YEAH i Guess jordan what's her name will be with him if he MAKES i thought they WERE i thought they were in talks for his for his. Departure that that's more of that's more of a mess than the young and the. Restless what's what's his? BUYOUT i THINK i think his is only a. Million he Said i'll leave for a, million a million dollar Buy he didn't need.
Speaker 1: It That's trump, though he doesn't need.
Speaker 8: It BUT i mean he, yeah BUT i don't know if he. WINS i guess everybody's happy compared To luke fickle and change Or trump, Change trump. Change, OKAY i don't know what to tell.
Speaker 1: You but what About trump And? PUTIN i guess they're not. Meeting what's up with?
Speaker 4: THAT i don't.
Speaker 1: Know he's not happy about. WHAT i don't. Know trump's not. Happy, yeah a meeting Was zelenski the other. Day he, Said i'm gonna go meet With. Putin we're gonna get this. Thing they were going to go To, budapest weren't. THEY i think so MAYBE i don't Like. Budapest Now putin says the meeting is. OFF i don't. Know they should come here at the station Ken. Wood let's, say let's let's put. It we'll Put putin right. There, yeah we'll Put trump right. There, yeah we'll get. Talked we'll Get cunningham in here to. Moderate we'll get the. Rock get you in here, Maybe Garry jeff get it, Well.
Speaker 8: Tom, breannevan we'll get it figured. Out we Get lance in here, Too lance in, Here. Lance he needs some he needs a little study in world, leadership.
Speaker 1: Lance international. Relations and then how about you don't mess with the golden Bear Jack Nicholas, Nicholas, yeah how about that? DEAL A florida jury Awarded Jack nicholas fifty million. Dollars, hello he had a lawsuit against his own. Companies, well he's not part of the it's called The nicholas, companies but he The nicholas companies paid him one hundred AND i think it's one hundred and forty seven million a few years, ago back in twenty, seventeen and so he he left the. Companies he had a non compete agreement for five. Years so in twenty twenty two he was looking at building a golf course In Saudi. Arabia and then so they started talking about How Jack nicholas was going to be right leaving the miller man For Live golf, Right and he, said noab ba'm a nah Correct i'm going to sue, you and he, did and now they got to pay him fifty million dollars.
Speaker 7: By.
Speaker 1: Mia don't mess with The Golden. Bear, now does that that have to be?
Speaker 8: Paid like the deal The florida coach that got let Go saturday Or, sunday he gets a twenty million dollar buy, out half of it has to be paid in thirty. DAYS i would, imagine does The Golden, BEAR i mean he taking?
Speaker 1: It is he taken it? Monthly OR i don't, know you, know he's eighty five years. Old i'd SAY i need it all, now, bingo you, KNOW i don't know the thought makes of cash right? Now fifty mil bring it in to mess With Jack.
Speaker 8: Nicholas even he could build a golf course From maine To california with nine million holes in.
Speaker 1: It that'd be.
Speaker 8: Great just one gigantic moving golf course all the way across the country and every. State put eighteen holes in every or, no thirty six holes in every.
Speaker 1: State it'd be. Great they got enough room The Jack nicholas golf. Trail, yeah why not fifty million dollars? It don't mess with The Golden.
Speaker 4: Bear.
Speaker 1: Amen So cunningham says That Tiger woods is the greatest golfer of all. Time give, me give, me give me The Golden bear and The.
Speaker 8: King It's, Jack Jack nicholas without wood and played what years has He he's Gonna he's got to have back surgery.
Speaker 1: Again he's got to got another disc. Seg we got to get out of the student's, Report.
Speaker 8: Dan carol and otter of a beautiful day here in the Tri, state and we leave you with the immortal words of The Stewo.
Speaker 1: Report at some point this foolishness has got to. Stop, well thank, You. Governor the people at City hall should be, listening but no they are not. Listening and you gotta vote on seven hundred W o the back on The big, one SEVEN. Hundredlw it's two eight rock and roll till three this, Afternoon Dan carroll in for The Great American Bill cunningham taking a few days. Off AND i have to ADMIT i am a sucker WHENEVER i get on the, computer which is you know every day WHEN i prepare for these radio shows AND i turn to my browser and you get all these stories that pop up on your news, feed and a lot of them talk about what's going on in the. Universe i'm a sucker for that. STUFF i, mean and BECAUSE i click on AND i know a lot of them are, clickbait but BECAUSE i click on them AND i like to. READ i like to read About, SATURN i like to read about black, holes AND i like to read about what's going, on you, know the comparison of our our galaxy or our solar system to the rest of the. UNIVERSE i love to read about that kind of. Stuff and then WHEN i read that tonight there's going to be an occurrence that not going to happen again in thirteen hundred, YEARS i got to talk about that. Too and when it's time to talk about, that we turn to our, Buddie Dean Regas Astro dean is the Website astronomer to The. Stars Dean regus And Dean, regus it's great to have you back on the. Show how the heck are?
Speaker 9: You oh doing? Great happy to be with, you. Guys i'm calling in from The Grand. Canyon i'm out here doing some astronomy with them and at the. PARKS i do that a couple of times a. Year it's just gorgeous weather out. Here but always happy to talk to you. Guys In cincinnati about what's going on.
Speaker 1: SPACE i know you had to you had to come up from the bottom of The Grand canyon just be able to make a phone. Call so that's.
Speaker 3: That's.
Speaker 1: RIGHT i don't think they have any elevators out, there do. They you gotta you gotta hike. MAN i gotta call seven. HUNDRED i gotta be on the radio With Dan. CARROLL i gotta find a find a signal for my. Phone it's going to be, unbelievable but it's uh, NO i.
Speaker 9: Was it's always you, know when you come back up from the bottom of The Grand canyon and your phone they have all these. TEXTS i was, Like Dan, carroll all, right we're gonna be talking. Space this is good BECAUSE i know you love this.
Speaker 4: STUFF i.
Speaker 1: DO i do love this. Stuff are you like? Me are you a sucker for that? Stuff when you when you click on your computer and you, see oh my, god they found the biggest black hole lever And i'm, like, well where's that one? At and then you, know and THEN i mean all that. Stuff do you click on that kind of stuff too and read that LIKE i?
Speaker 9: DO i, do, unfortunately and it gets me every. Time and you most of them are non stories or you, know LIKE i always think THAT i have to like bring people down AND i call myself the buzzkill astronomer sometimes because of stories that come through that sound really. Good AND i hate to say, it but you found some more here about this this comet or comments there's two comets up in the. Sky, yeah that are, there but good luck seeing. Them there's one comic Called, lemon another one Called, swan and so they're both up in the. Sky now the tricky part, is and, people this is where they get, you is that they show all these great pictures that people have been. Taken and so both of these comets are definitely definitely not visible for the naked.
Speaker 1: Eye.
Speaker 9: Man you need you need a special. Telescope you got to get your, camera you got to have some, expertise and so that's where all these pictures are. Coming and so, yeah it's another one of Those sure you're not going to see this one particular comet for thousands of, years but to be, honest you're not going to see that comet. Anyway you need a. Telescope so that was.
Speaker 4: One it got.
Speaker 9: Me so people have been reading about the comets in the. Sky these are not terribly bright, Unfortunately so that's the downside of that.
Speaker 1: One, well, SEE i was hooked into that Because i'm, thinking, man how cool is? That see in one comet is a cool, thing But i'm thinking seeing two in the same sky at the same time is something that is. Unbelievable BUT i did See Dean reguez where there is a YouTube channel that you can tune into and you can see them on some YouTube. Channel is something like that even worth the?
Speaker 9: Effort, well that's pretty cool, too, like because what people can do is they can set up these telescopes with these cameras on, it and you could get these these, uh these type of telescopes relatively cheaply. Nowadays so people have these uh this ability to like you, know it'll, track it'll take long exposure photographs and so then you can get some really cool looking pictures with not a lot of. Money these are these new telescopes are called Uh enhanced astronomy OR, EA i think that's what they usually abbreviate. It so you don't put your eye up to the ipiece and they just are built in cameras and so well anybody can do that and then.
Speaker 7: Yeah put on.
Speaker 9: YouTube so for folks in the field and the astronomy, fuel we're a little bit unsure about this new. Technology AND i hate to be Like i'm a grumpy old astronomer. Too back in my day we used to draw pictures of what we saw in the. Telescope. Uh but it's it's it's almost, cheating but it is really. Cool, well and it allows people with you, know just the soul's gonna be PLoP it. Down you, say go to Comet, lemon and it'll go to it and it's uh uh you. Know so it's really cool if people can do.
Speaker 5: That.
Speaker 9: Uh and so that's probably your best bet at seeing the comments is watching it on on? YouTube is?
Speaker 1: It is it Called lemon because that's the name of the observatory that that.
Speaker 9: Discovered, yeah the discovers that one a good. QUESTION i don't know because a lot of them are are sky, surveys Like swan is a sky, survey and probably people have heard of this. One THREE I Atlas atlas is another sky. Survey SO i DON'T i Think lemon might actually be a, person But i'm not sure that. ONE i, oh, well could be from the. Observatory, yeah that.
Speaker 1: Makes more, sense all, right now all, right, now so the comets are probably going to be a bust tonight if you go out looking for. Them but what about this? One what about the the the orioned meteor shower as we pass through the tale Of Haley's.
Speaker 9: Yeah so that is the, uh that's the really good one, Though so that is probably the highlight of the, month is The irian in media. Shower so this is what's caused By halle's. Comment and we can't really See holle's comment till it comes back around again in twenty sixty. One but maybe folks at home remember when they saw it in nineteen eighty. SIX i was a little, kid AND i was, like, yeah, okay comment pretty, good but maybe before remember. That but The orion And metea shower is caused by, that the tale left behind By holle's. Comment we run into it every year About october twenty, first twenty, second and so that creates this great shooting stars show up in the sky called The. Oriyonids SO i went out last night to look for, him because last night was technically the, peak but at last a couple of days and, YEAH i got to see a couple shooting stars. THERE i had a group up here at The Grand. Canyon we were watching, stars and everybody's going and on while looking up. There so tonight you have a second chance to go for. It best time is after midnight to really be, looking but you might see some strays earlier, on but, Definitely, yeah that one's one of the cooler ones where you can see maybe ten to twenty shooting stars per hour or something.
Speaker 4: Around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, WELL i think you have more of an advantage if you live out. WEST i at least live in the high desert Of, california and so you've got the you, know the horizon that it's really far away out, there and you're away from a lot of light, pollution and there's so much more sky to look out in that part of the. Country AND i used to see, YEA i used to see shooting stars all the. Time it was not unusual to be out, nine, ten eleven o'clock at night and you could just be glancing up at the sky and you'd see something streaking across the. Sky you see a lot more of them out there than you do Around.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, absolutely and on any given night you can see a shooting. Star if you're out there long, enough you know the earth that will. Run we'll run into stuff a lot of the, time and all of it burns, Up almost all of it burns up before it hits the. Ground so you see that shooting star going across the sky and it looks like it's bright fireball or something like. That generally, speaking it's the material that's causing that about the size of a grain of, sand and so it burns up really quickly and hardly ever hits the. Ground so it's only those rare occasions where you get a really big enough one that will survive the fiery plunge through the atmosphere actually hit the, ground and then you got yourself a. Meteorite and those are incredibly rare.
Speaker 4: Things.
Speaker 1: Yeah the other Stuff i've been reading a lot about AND i see articles all the time about The northern lights and they, say, oh my, god there was a giant cme from the sun coronal mass, ejection and it's on the way To, earth and you might be able to see The northern lights as far south As kentucky or you, know you can see him In indiana or something like. That And i'm, Thinking, wow we're going to be able to see it here In, cincinnati but it seems like that hardly ever comes to pass when stuff like that. Happens.
Speaker 9: Too oh, yeah it is super rare to see The northern. Lights we were really lucky to see them twice last year From. Cincinnati so in twenty twenty four we had the night Of may tenth we had The Northern lights visible From, cincinnati and Then october. Tenth and because the sun's kind of at a maximum activity, level that's what causes These northern, lights is these eruptions to shoot off the surface and interact with our upper upper. Atmosphere and so there have been some other close. Calls they've been some like warnings, say oh we've got a blast coming our, way but so, far nothing really this year that's kind of stood out unless you're really far. North so people In michigan got to see some earlier in the, year but nothing far enough to see this far. South but probably the best place to go for info on that is a website called Space, weathered and they kind of list what's going on in the, sun get to give you, alerts that kind of. Thing but it can happen even when there's no warnings. TOO i was out here In arizona last last fall In, september AND i was at The Grand canyon and doing a talk and somebody was like interrupted me and, said what's that behind? You AND i looked behind you and there's this reddish glow and so we get to see the northern lights In arizona in The Grand. CANYON i mean that that's how rare this, happened mean once every ten years has. Happened so it's so we'll cross our. Fingers hopefully we'll get another show In cincinnati this. Year.
Speaker 1: Hopefully, yeah you got to. Hope i'm looking at your, Website Dean, reguez And i'm seeing upcoming events and you've Got, Saturn lord of The. Rings what is that? About?
Speaker 4: Oh, Well.
Speaker 9: Saturn this Is saturn, season that's for, sure because it's come around the closest. Approach so people can see that up in the sky right after dark and get a telescope on. It you can actually see the rings Of. Saturn they're really edge on right, now so they're kind of. Skinny it looks like a ball with a stick through. It but when you See saturn through a, telescope it's one of those things where you just it's really mind blowing to see this little. World and So i'm doing a talk out here In arizona at The, flagstaff The Low observatory And, Flagstaff arizona On thursday About, saturn and then we're going to go out to the telescopes and look at. It but anybody that has a backyard, telescope this is a really good time to be looking for For. Saturn it's in the southeastern. Sky once you get a telescope on, it it's. Amazing is.
Speaker 1: It is it possible to see the rings with the naked eye If saturn's in the right.
Speaker 9: Position, no that one is a little bit Beyond nathan eye. Vision there's AND i know a few astronomers with some crazy ice sight like to twenty ten vision and that kind Of some astronomers can See venus goes through phases and they can see the phase Of venus with naked, eye WHICH i need a telescope you'll. See and some people can see the moons Of jupiter with their naked, eye like super rare occasion that people can see. This but the rings of saddern nobody THAT i know of. Has everybody will see them with their naked, eye but you don't need a lot of, magnification maybe about twenty power thirty power that would be probably good.
Speaker 4: To actually make it.
Speaker 1: Out here's another QUESTION i got for. You i've seen people that have those apps on their, phone and you go out at night and you pull this app up and you point wherever you're. Standing you can point the app at a piece of sky and the app will tell you what is in the view of that at what you're looking, At so you can point it over. Here you can point to the, west and you can turn to the north and point it that way and see what and it tells you what you're looking. At are those apps? Worth are? They are they? Good do you know anything about Those are they worth putting on your? Phone if you're interested in that kind of?
Speaker 3: Stuff?
Speaker 9: Oh, MAN i hate those apps so. Much they're trying to put me out of.
Speaker 4: Business.
Speaker 1: Dan they work, though, Right is that what you're telling they?
Speaker 4: Do?
Speaker 9: YEAH i, Know i'm just joking with, You, dan but, yeah they are pretty. Amazing, yeah you can get any of these.
Speaker 1: APPS i just hold an app could never be as entertaining as you. Are so there you.
Speaker 4: Go that's.
Speaker 9: RIGHT i, Hope, Yeah, YEAH i hope THEY i hope they continue to have some glitches every once in a while just so that people will think fondly of me and Holy dean was, Here but, no they do really work very. Well so, yeah anywhere you, are you get a, signal you can uh aim your phone up at the. Sky i'll tell you what you're pointed. At it is pretty. Cool and, uh there's some that are better than. Others but the if people ask which one would you, GET i would say they all do very similar, Things so get the cheapest one because there's not much more bills and whistles and, yeah you're pointing and it tells you what.
Speaker 4: Is but, yeah they are really.
Speaker 1: Cool that's pretty. Cool and THEN i see that you're gonna be back in town In November november, first is that?
Speaker 9: Right, yeah, yeah So i'll be back for The winner and doing some star. Parties So november, one we're going to do A Starry days At Alms park here on the east side Of, cincinnati and we'll have some telescope set up there by the Lunk And overlook and show people. That i'm doing a lot of other programs with the libraries In cincinnati talking about, planets and we're even doing a couple meteorite programs where we're bringing some meteorites to the libraries and people can see and hold real rocks from outer. Space so we've got a big slate of things coming up here In. November very.
Speaker 1: COOL i love all that. Stuff let's make plans to talk when you get in. Town back in cover coming up In. November if if there's nothing, big you, know IF i don't click on any more clickbait between now and, then it's absolutely that's going to hit, earth you, know all that kind of.
Speaker 9: Stuff oh, yeah you're you're on my speed. Dial, DAN i, know with all due, respect you're the biggest space, cadet so whenever anything's, happening And i'll definitely let you.
Speaker 1: Know, hey, MAN i wear that badge. PROUDLY i love all that kind of. Stuff Dean, regaz you're the. Best and if people want to find out more about, you where do they do?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 9: Yeah check out my. Website astrodem dot com has all my social media stuff. There you can follow along with Things i'm doing out In arizona here And i'm heading out To Joshua tree next to actually due to Their star. Festival so that's In. California and Then i'll be back In cincinnati For, november so hopefully you can see people. There but thanks, guys and keep looking.
Speaker 1: Up all, Right Dean, regas you're the. Best thank you very much for the, time and back to the bottom of The Grand canyon with.
Speaker 4: You that's, right.
Speaker 9: Exactly, NO i like it on the top side, too you like To you like the top?
Speaker 1: Better all, Right Dean, regas you're the. Best we'll tell talk to you again, soon. BROTHER i appreciate.
Speaker 4: It thank, You.
Speaker 1: Dan all, right there you. Go Dean, Regus astronomer h extraordinaire From, Cincinnati. OHIO i can't tell you how DISAPPOINTED i am That i'm not going to be able to see. THAT i THOUGHT i THOUGHT i was going to be able to go out tonight look up and see a couple of. Comments but he, says you're not going to see it unless you have telescopes, on like really good. Telescopes And i'm not Gonna i'm getting a text message for my buddy. Here he, says go out and buy a telescope. Today that's not gonna. Happen So i'll just be like the rest of. You i'll just Follow Dean regas and and, uh and see whatever he. Has but what a, life what a great. Life love's looking at the stars and now he's out bumping around out In arizona all the, time and just great viewing for stargazing out. There so we Love Dean rigas and we gotta. Go we got to get to a get to a. BREAK a little news coming up at the bottom of the. Hour Dan carroll in For Bill cunningham on seven HUNDRED. Wlw if they keep going away to, GOING i don't know what's up in our.
Speaker 7: City, hello, quiet And i'm.
Speaker 1: Broadcasting they're not going very good right. Now absolute mess down at city. Hall, yeah got the election coming. Up Chris smitheman, says, seg when you, vote you can't vote for more than four or five city council. Members so you can, vote you can vote for as many as. Nine, yeah but you only want to vote for your top four or five at the, most because then if you vote for people you don't want to be on city, council they might wind up being on city.
Speaker 8: Council every year In Butler county for such an anti city, COUNCIL i write In RICHARD. K, Jones, well he, Said mayor and council.
Speaker 1: Person he. Said he, said he's got the six month. PLANNED i would THAT'S i write it in every, year he. Said he drives him. Nuts he, Said i'll be the sheriff In Butler county and come down To. Cincinnati bring, it give me a. Contract i'll come down for six months and we'll get things squared. Away he's gonna take care of. Crime he's going to take care of the, courts gonna take care of the, judges lock up the bad. Guys six months he's, in he's. Out crime is over In.
Speaker 8: Cincinnati Dan carroll the stuot reporters Of Proud, service every local Tame star heating and air conditioning, Dealers tamestar quality you can feel in beautiful Northern, kentucky Called Johnson heating And cooling at eight five nine four seven two sixty fifty one smart and Also, dan let's see it's not too late and not too early because it's coming. Up what Late, october we Got, halloween Got thanksgiving and then to be thinking About. Christmas time to talk which tree program has been going on for forty one.
Speaker 1: Years forty one years and.
Speaker 8: Myself And Brian, thomas The kings along With Bob wedder locally The Wish tree. Program so if your business wants a wish tree to help out the, community five one three, eight five two eighteen ninety five is the number. Baseball that number, again five, one three eight five two, one.
Speaker 1: You can put a wish tree in your.
Speaker 8: Business Both Brian thomas AND i are Assistant Santus.
Speaker 1: Beautiful when when when we go to The North.
Speaker 8: Pole like we're gonna we're doing The North pole to Meet Santa claus probably in about a.
Speaker 1: Week and, wait are you going to put on your? Elf confident do you? Have do you have an elf? Outfit? No seggy? Elf Baseball, Baseball it's The dodgers in The Blue.
Speaker 8: Jays dodgers In Blue jays kick off The World series game One friday night In, toronto the home Of David.
Speaker 1: Bell do we got a root for The Blue? Jays? NOW i think The dodgers are going to take. It they're pretty. Good. Amen, hey But David Bell, man, no never. Know David bell gonna get them The World series ring one year after Leaving Cincinnati bengals.
Speaker 8: Up they brought to you By Good spirits And Party town thirteen convenient locations in Northern Kentucky bengals of that usual two day, off and they will get ready for Those Jets sunday at Pay Course. Stadium since a veteran, quarterback Former Bengal Mike white that used to be on the practice squad he used to signed with The.
Speaker 1: Carolina, panthers thought he was playing for The.
Speaker 8: Jets college football number One Cincinnati bearcats co leaders of The Big twelve taken The Bear Baylor bears sevendy morning night on The Scott Centerfield. Show that's live from the Original montgomery in at eight o five right here on seven HUNDRED.
Speaker 1: Wlw home of the world's best.
Speaker 8: Ribs college Basketball Big East Men's basketball preseason poll is.
Speaker 1: Out how about Them, Muskies Saint.
Speaker 8: John's yukon And creighton one two? Three zavis picked.
Speaker 1: Eighth they didn't they lose the precas is the game To George? Mason No Murray, State Murray State. Racers that's that's no big, deal no big. Deal no all, Right, ohio.
Speaker 8: You lost to, uh who Wasn't Right state last? Night you think they're going nuts In? Athens Right state's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 8: Uh Mid American Conference men's basketball Preseason Coaches. Poll The Miami RedHawks are picked the finished second behind The Akron zips and Knows, ohio You bobcatcher picked the finish.
Speaker 1: Fourth what about.
Speaker 8: Don't know anything yet about the horizon horizon nothing? Yet what About cincinnati in The big? Twelve that has as far AS i, KNOW i don't, know one hasn't come. Out, yeah, Preseason no they. Don't they're they're too they're too high and mighty in The big. Twelve just do, One just do?
Speaker 1: One why? Not we gotta give we gotta give Sat dennison something to talk.
Speaker 8: About five five stars Senior Anthony thompson at eleven and as committed To Ohio state as he becomes The buckeye's highest ranked basketball recruit more than a. Decade he picked The buckeyes Over, Indiana, Michigan kentucky And North carolina also got. Visits but he's headed To columbus and he is quite a player with a giant l six foot, eight left handed forward who plays At Western Reserve academy In, Hudson. Ohio top ranked player The. Midwest he's going TO, osu The Ohio State. University to, you, mister there you, Go let's see what. Else six Time Super bowl winning head coach To Bill belichick advanced to the final twelve coaches in the running for the twenty twenty sixth class for The Pro Football hall Of. Fame two Time Super bowl champion Coaches Tom, Coughlin Mike, shanahan And George seaffert also, advanced along with Another Super bowl winner And Mike. Holgren other coaches in the running Are Bill, Arnsberger Alex, Gibbs Chuck, Knox Buddy, Parker Dan, Reevees Marty, schottenheimer And Clark.
Speaker 1: Shaughnessy how Many Super bowl wins Does belichick?
Speaker 4: Have?
Speaker 1: Six who's got more than?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 1: Oh if you're if you're a head coach and you win The Super bowl six? Times what? If what If Jordan hudson will be? There are they still? Together? Yeah far AS i.
Speaker 8: Know high school, SPORTS anil is now a reality in The Buckeye state among high school sports for the time. Being unbelievable From Andy, Mack Franklin county judge issued a t R o temporary restraining order which would allow high school athletes in the state Of ohio to enter INTO nil. Deals this comes from A i guess a lawsuit from a student athlete and At Dayton Wayne High.
Speaker 1: School so look out you announced that an hour, ago so some people AND i was wondering how many deals have been signed since? Then don't.
Speaker 8: Know so they're having trouble passing school levees all over the, place, Right.
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah school levees are not easy to pass right, now that's.
Speaker 8: Fat so then and now some of the schools have to get money to buy. Players wonder who might that?
Speaker 1: Be how CAN i how CAN i high? School how CAN i high? School and, look maybe they have a lot of bake, sales you, know how does? That how does that work? Out when you got to high? School LIKE? X don't, know no Pet hamason all, money no rules.
Speaker 8: YET i guess The Ohio State Athletic association will meet AND i guess they'll set the.
Speaker 1: Guidelines if, not it'll, be, uh you, know it'll be like you, know so you got to kid out there who's a good basketball or football. Player, yeah you can say you can come TO x pay and you'll and you'll you, know get twenty five grand in your, pocket or you can go To Deer park and get. Nothing i'm just, out is that how?
Speaker 8: WORK i don't and they have there's no rules yet, absolutely as far AS i, know there's no rules yet on this how this is all going to? Work so this is all came down, like uh, well they filed a suit and then it was all, Yesterday SO i don't. Know they're probably scrambling In columbus now to come up with.
Speaker 1: Rules you know where all this, started don't you trying to? Think Grand? House, well that's, Right Grand house Sat Saint Xavier swimmer so went to uh well that. TOO i, mean you, know you Got Arizona State, university not.
Speaker 8: Only, kids not only kids probably in football and, basketball but then you got track and, field you Got farss, country you got, tennis uh you know back you know?
Speaker 1: Basketball uh, girl does this apply to the girls?
Speaker 4: Too?
Speaker 1: Volleyball but he was he was doing a podcast with his brother and they and someone wanted to do some advertising on his. Podcast but he couldn't do the advertising on his podcast because THE ncaa. Rules so him, anymore him and some others got together filed a. Lawsuit. Bingo they won the, lawsuit and now look where we are are college kids making what five million a? Year at? Least how much is Arch man in getting In? Texas who? Knows probably the national. Debt you, know now you got some of these guys who are now you're gonna have to an then next year in college because they can make more money than being in the.
Speaker 8: Pros and then high schools are going to have to raise money FOR. Nil but if you're get if you're getting, paid that needs more. PEOPLE i guess to run that department oversee. It you, know office people and that type of. Thing in a, school they'll have THE nil.
Speaker 1: Office we'll assure you just say. It but EVERYONE i can't pass the school. Left Everyone i've heard talk ABOUT nil so doesn't say it's like it's like the Wild west out.
Speaker 8: There no idea what's going on right now in high school In? Ohio it's probably is YOU i mentioned the fletic directors we don't even. Have, YEAH i, mean anybody anybody involved In.
Speaker 1: Ohio be pulling their hair. Out, man how do you deal with?
Speaker 8: This they got enough on their plate trying to get the doors. Open so the kid, knows the kids, knows THE a bs and. C'S i don't.
Speaker 4: KNOW i don't.
Speaker 1: Know have these high school kids making all kinds of? Money, OH i don't. Know they had to get out N i own money, here don't We, well you KNOW i, WAS i was a high school. Athlete CAN i go back and get some money that he paid me WHEN i was in high? School what about the rock about? It he probably he's probably A Tony pike hat? Ready what About willie At Deer? Park what he was the leading scorer in the. City that's got to be worse or.
Speaker 8: Something of, course The statute Of limitations ran out when it was in nineteen forty, six and he did it with the peach.
Speaker 1: Baskets it was a while. Ago, yeah there's not even pictures of, him and they're all black and, white that's for, Sure thank. GOODNESS i don't. KNOW i don't, Know, dan it's gonna Be that's. Good you're. Right it's old can of. Worms.
Speaker 8: Brother it's chaotic now Because i'm sure they're scrambling someplace to figure out how this is all gonna work, out and the rules and everything.
Speaker 1: Else so we, go what's the when when next day you're gonna have to Call Mike, newton the THE A d And anderson get him. ON i don't, know talking about how he's gonna handle. It interesting to see what. HAPPENS i, mean you got you, know you got kids out there that are good football. Players they're gonna start whatting some? MONEY i mean if, if, if but If i'm in charge of a school AND i get some kid who he, says you, KNOW i want some, money And i'll, say, well you, know go down to your Local Jeff wiler. Dealership see if you can do you, know cut a car, commercial you, know go to go to the Dunkin donuts down, there go to, uh you, know go to the the mom and pop grocery store on the convenience store on the. Corners what had come down? TO i don't, know. Crisis, hi this Is Seg dennis AND i Play insidelnebacker At Middletown High. School come to The quickie, mark get fifty cents off on a. COKE i don't. KNOW i don't, Know, Dan we'll see what. Happens you have to come to The middletown drive, through go. Middies, SO i don't know what to tell. You where's my one hundred? Bucks give me a? Hondo come, ON i need A hundo for.
Speaker 8: That it's all due territory, now, Man like you, said it's a Wild west and there's no there's no rules yet so we'll see what.
Speaker 1: Happens be very. Interesting see what? Happens, hey how? Much how much money could? Have could?
Speaker 9: Have?
Speaker 1: Good he made it At colrain in high school when.
Speaker 4: He was a.
Speaker 1: Quarterback everybody guy was. Fantastic what about Mister, simpson all of? Them god rest his. Soul can't believe he's. Gone, seg you're the best. Man thank. You dan get us out of the stooge. Report dan at nil for high schoolers down or e N I. L he's going to be making the dough raying the. Me how much how much money is it does the sheriff get for for N I? L maybe he needs SOME NI l for for board ops and. Producers we leave you with the immortal words of the Stew. Report thank, you, welcome short and. Sweet, seg you're the, Best, yes, SIR i won't be here, tomorrow but have fun anyway you and we'll, see we'll see if we'll. SEE i don't know when's When's cunningham coming back to?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 1: Friday? Friday sure about? THAT i think so all? Right Maybe i'll we'll Maybe I'll i'll talk to Wild Man walker on the other side on seven HUNDRED. Lt carol From Bill, Cunningham Eddie, Fingers Jason williams coming, up the rock is out And Jason williams hit that hit that button right there so we can hear you on the. Microphone it's, Like i've never done it. Before, So, dan how are you you know you used to cover politics at City? HALL i. Did can you imagine if if you were covering what's happening at City hall right? NOW i, mean what? What what a what a bonanza for news when you talk about this incompetent, leadership this gross incompetence at city, hall putting this word in the situation we've got with the police chief right.
Speaker 10: Now, Oh i've written about two weeks worth of columns in my head about.
Speaker 1: It, well you should throw something out there on the POLITICAL i know you do sports, now but, Yeah i've been right out.
Speaker 4: Loud.
Speaker 10: Man they're cool fight, right an occasional non non sports. Thing there's NOTHING i feel. Like how About Stephen they've he, said they've already passed judgment and now they're looking for a. CRIME i mean WHAT i mean that is just this, guy by the, Way i've NEVER i know he's with the Law Finny.
Speaker 1: Firm Finny Law, Firm, yeah he's a great great employment attorney Represents Mike. Washington SO i was making the point earlier to, that you, know My Mike washington refused to go along with all THE dei and all the the woke nonsense and the political correct nonsense that was coming out Of City. Hall so he found himself fired and his name smeared because of. That, then on the other, hand who is This Mike washington those fire?
Speaker 4: Guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah then the police chief who tried to go along with, it who tried to walk that fine, line doing what she was told to do by the, administration and she winds up in the exact same. Place what what does that tell?
Speaker 10: You we're gonna And I'm i'm in for rock, Today So eddie AND i are gonna talk to my colleague at the Inquire Scott workman rout of The gate about this whole Saga i'm looking For he's been covering this really well for And inquired and say dot. Com i'm looking forward to hearing him you know what he's you, know finding, out but just just kind of looking at it from, outside you, KNOW i get text here and there still from my political, people and this whole thing is just, LIKE i don't. UNDERSTAND i tend to like look at these from the political. Standpoint i'm, LIKE i just don't even understand that part of. It it's, like why why would you do? This like you, know the whole thing coming out last, week like, publicly The mayor's, like we're looking at all, options LIKE i know you probably don't come back from. That your options are she's either gonna be fired or she's gonna we're gonna force her to. Resign but now it's taken on this turn.
Speaker 1: Like what THAT'S i, mean gross Incompetence AND i don't care to be the taxpayers Of cincinnati who wind up footing the. Bill so is?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 10: Yeah, NO i was many more While scott wordman about it here coming up from the inquire all.
Speaker 1: Right Jason eddie fingers coming up And i'm out of. Here thank you very. Much we'll see you next time on The home of The Best bengals coverage seven HUNDRED wulw