Speaker 1: And hey seven o five, mustman's here, Hi must been?
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning guys, how we do. Good to see you, Good to see you. We've been talking about.
Speaker 3: Things like what it's sports, and we were talking to Ben and listening to his thoughts regarding a possible schism on top of everything else.
Speaker 4: Did something? Was there a straw that broke the camel's back? If you know what I mean? Ben, Do you do you think it was more than just a draft picks?
Speaker 5: Well, let me just say this too, because I was, you know, inadvertently pulled into the whole schism thing. So I just want to make sure that I clear myself and distance myself from the words.
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 5: Situation, because I am certainly not saying that there is a schism or there was a schism forgot.
Speaker 6: I want to go on records.
Speaker 5: Saying that that is a word that you used, and I'm not trying to say that there is or was a schism of any sorts. Brad Childress, if you're listening, he loves this show. Yeah, he loves me.
Speaker 6: I'm sure he does, Yes, I sure, yeah.
Speaker 5: So I was never a part of it then and I'm not a part of it now. For the record, So no, it's just my general feeling that that there wasn't when you when a coach loses sort of the confidence of the locker room, and we see it time and time again, and then you know, said coach gets fired and then you start hearing about like, yeah, players didn't mesh with them, players didn't do this, organization didn't do that, or didn't didn't like this about him. I think the same thing can be said true for GMS, and I think that's kind of what happened here. I think this overall, there was this a loss of confidence that he knew what he was doing, and I think there's a loss of competence when you add up a lot of those stories when he's having you know, either a private conversation with KOC about how to use a tight end or you know, how to build the roster this way, and then he goes out publicly and we make some certain trades, which I mean, I remember that trade that you guys talked about with Detroit. That was his first draft, right, And I remember where I was. I was at our kids fundraiser and somebody was like, did you just see that we traded with the Lions?
Speaker 6: And I was like, why would we do that?
Speaker 5: And trying to wrap my head around how do we positively spin this like this is a good thing?
Speaker 6: Right? That was day one basically of his job, and it never.
Speaker 5: Really seem like he was making the right depths or on top of that, it seemed like, is he trying to be smarter than everybody else? Is he trying to be so contrarian against the system that he's just gonna like, I'm going to do it my way and let's see what happens and try to prove that the analytics and all this stuff is a better approach than multiple times trading with your division rivals. Like some of the stuff just didn't make sense. And I think you add that up into the decisions and some of the blunders and draft blunders that we've had, and it's like, I think there's this an overall loss of confidence in him. And then you throw in the fact that reports are coming out that he wasn't a quote unquote a grinder. He wasn't a foot an old school football grinder. And I'll put it on record right now. I think I know there's a lot of corporate people out there that are coming to his defense, saying that he has every right to take at least two weeks off during training camp for the birth of his child, and I disagree. I'm sorry. Football is an unconventional corporate world. We don't live by your corporate standards. That's not the way it works. You want to take a day or two off, fine, if it's the off season, go ahead and take some more time off training camp when everybody there is grinding every single second of the day, and you want to take two weeks off and not show up. See, I don't agree with that. I think that is you set yourself up for ridicule and criticism when you do that in a football world. And look, I don't have to be right about that, but in my based on my experience and expertise of being in those situations, especially early on, there's no built up equity. He hasn't been a GM for a Super Bowl team for the last ten years. Dude, you got to do everything you can in the first couple of years to prove that you love this.
Speaker 6: You have to live it.
Speaker 5: You have to show everybody that I am a grinder, I am there all the time, I am accessible, my door is open. I need to go out and build bridges. I need to bring this team together. That's what you do as a GM. And is it exhausting, Hell yeah. Is it challenging, Hell yeah. But there's only thirty two of these jobs in the NFL, and there would be so many guys out there that would not have taken that time off, and they would have been accessible and they and people. He would have gotten so much street cred because that in street cred matters in those situations, Like damn man, he was with his wife and son for like two or three days. He was back at it, like who good for him? So I think when you add up all those things, I think there was just a kind of a loss and confidence there.
Speaker 2: Our guy, Brezenski has been with the club since nineteen ninety nine love. In fact, if you remember the Triangle of Authority, he was one of the tips of the triangle. Yeah, right, years he's been the cap guy. He's got great relationships with the agents. Even one of the agents here in town came out and said he should be the guy. Do you think a percent chance that that he is the guy that ends up being the GM.
Speaker 5: I mean, if if the rumors are true, that they're going to go after George Peyton. I think I think that's that's where you try to find you blend in the football acumen, the instincts along with some of the modern analytics that to me seems like a perfect fit in this situation. He knows the organization, all that stuff. We all, I think when when he took that Broncos job, we were all sad to miss him and we're like, man, this guy. Man, if the timing worked out, he could he should have been the guy.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: So if that's the truth, then I think, yeah, I think Rob could probably take a step back after the draft, go back to his normal rule, his role where he's the best capologist in the league and just kind of everything everything is great, and there's complete symmetry with with Peyton being back. If that doesn't happen and if there's not somebody like that, I'm not saying that Brazinski should be their number one guy, but if because of the hiring cycle, maybe they don't feel comfortable just reaching again for somebody else, I'm all for Rob Razinski being the GM. I think he's a fantastic human being. I think that he is. He knows he's been around long enough to know the process and the operations of what it takes to be a GM, and he would lean on his scouts, and I think that he would bring in more football type people, and I think he would have a good cohesiveness with the coaching staff to figure out some of these decisions. So I think he'd be the right type of guy to settle this whole thing.
Speaker 7: Then, can ask you a question real quick. Sure I can guess your answer based off of what you've been saying. But do you do you think that Quasi will work in the NFL?
Speaker 6: Again? Sho, Sure, I don't know why I wouldn't.
Speaker 7: Just because of all the stuff that like those the little details we learned on the way out.
Speaker 5: I think I think it's one of those take a year off, reassess what you want to do, how what what sort of role you want to go back into. It likely it won't be GM, though, No, no, no, no, But like, who's to say that he couldn't become like a Rob Razinski for a squad, Like if he's if he's so about numbers and understands the analytics of all this stuff, like if he wants to reinvent himself into being a capologist because of his extensive background on Wall Street and numbers and how it all works. I think he, you know, based on what I understand about the role, he could probably do that and and you know there's high value in that for these for these teams. So do I think that he's going to be a GM again, No, do I think that he could be working within a front office somewhere for sure.
Speaker 8: My guess is he interviews extremely well too, right, very smart, very smart, articulate. Yeah, So my guess is he could probably win over a lot of rooms. He definitely remember won the press conference. Remember we talked about that when he got here, were like, dude, this guy is different. So getting a job again probably not impossible. Getting a GM job might be tough because of all the things that we've been talking about for an hour and a half. Where might interview well, might be super smart, But if you don't know football, we just can't give you the reins.
Speaker 4: What about JJ McCarthy's he wakes up this morning?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 6: For a weekend.
Speaker 8: If you believe a lot of the things that we're written over the weekend for jjy know how close he was.
Speaker 9: To being gone multiple times, I.
Speaker 5: Would say that in all fairness, I think that the one thing that we have he has to look at is Chao the rumors, and at least what's been stated in some of these articles is that it's not that Kaoc doesn't like him. He was saying he's just not ready yet. And I think that there's a big difference between the two, and I think that's a good way going forward at least. And if I was JJ, and if I'm looking at this like critically and like, Okay, it's not like they didn't like me. It's just that maybe I was just too young and thrown into the the fire a little bit too early. And I think that he could probably even understand that. I think the game was just a little too fast for him. So I think that's a little bit of a way to save face. But again depend on what article you look at and what site you're looking at, and the fans get involved and how they interpret things. I'm not so sure that you would want to go down those rabbit holes. And I don't think that's gonna feel real good, you know, coming back in April or whenever, you know. I'm sure he's around even now after taking probably a vacation or whatever. But yeah, I think there's gonna have to be a little bit of damage control done on that front.
Speaker 10: Just from some of the verbiage from KOC and h and Jets talking about JJ McCarthy, you can tell that they're like, yeah, he's not there yet, you know.
Speaker 6: What I mean.
Speaker 10: And they keep talking about how much they need to work together, how much you know, he needs to hit this next stride, he needs to get to this next level. And so you can kind of tell that they're like, yeah, we're not sold.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And that's and that again, it goes back to what I'm saying as far as if you look at it objectively, if you're JJ, all of those things are true, you know, so are they.
Speaker 6: Attacking me personally?
Speaker 5: Are they saying anything that they probably haven't said or felt privately?
Speaker 6: Probably not, you know so, but to say it publicly, that's that's the one that thinks.
Speaker 5: That's why I know, That's why I'm like, I just hope that he realizes, like, yes, there is a sting to this, just like you were saying. But it's all something as a player you already know.
Speaker 4: As a quarterback, you got to react to that the correct way too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, you really do.
Speaker 5: And you know he he knew, he knew. When the season was over, I see, I thought the end of season press conference with Koc and Quacy was actually pretty telling. I mean you could see a little bit of the they kind of pulled their their filters out a little bit and their guard down a little bit talking about they did not commit it to JJ for next year. They definitely talked about bringing in a veteran presence. They definitely talked about him competing for the spot and have to earn his spot. So they pretty much set it out publicly before Quaysus even fired that, Look, we got to have a better we got it, we have better performances there. We have to find somebody that can come in and lead this team in the right way and the way that the way that we see fit. And we're not going to commit to JJ being the starter for next year. He's not inked in, like he's going to have to battle this thing out and do some soul searching. So again, all of that has already been said, it just wasn't said. Maybe with the to your to you use your word again, the sting that kind of has happened over the weekend.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean to go back and circle around back to Quacy here on this one. And I really do not believe him dancing on somebody's career grave uh at all. He definitely acted the times I've been around him or whatever.
Speaker 6: He's the smartest guy in the room.
Speaker 10: Just ask him and secondly, wow wow, but no, but and and he is he probably is the smartest guy in the room. So I mean, obviously, if you're putting this bar here, if I'm the bar in the room. But it seems and from an outside look at it, is that the draft stuff we always talk about, and you know, he hasn't been really good with the draft.
Speaker 6: I think that he.
Speaker 10: Didn't also sometimes listen to his guys during draft. But then with the free agency they killed it. He actually listened to KOs, listened to Brian and was able to.
Speaker 6: Get guys that would fit what they need. Yeah, they killed it in twenty twenty four. Yeah, not so much last year because a lot of those guys are going to get cut.
Speaker 10: But you can't Okay, here's the thing. You can't draft, but but you can't draft injury. You can't like free agent injury. What injuries were the biggest, cause you can't remember, you can't predict.
Speaker 8: They also they also he also signed a whole bunch of people. He bought low on, a whole bunch of older injured players, hoping they would bounce back. Ye when you are when you're buying a car that's got problems, it might have more problems. So problem We also and that wasn't even hindsight. We all said that at the time, Ben right there, he's buying low on a lot of these guys. And if a lot of these guys can get back to where they were, were in really good shape. And that just did not come to Fruist almost always, almost across the board. Ryan Kelly was the biggest example because he just had three more concussions this year.
Speaker 6: Damn.
Speaker 8: So if he was healthy, would he great? We'll never know, so, but that's what you bought. You bought a guy that had had a series.
Speaker 9: Of injuries and concussions.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 9: Frustrating man either way.
Speaker 8: By the way, one last thing, because you mentioned press conference, and I thought of this three minutes ago, and I was just waiting for my turn to talk. The wolf should never do press conferences. That Friday garbage was such a waste of thirty minutes of everybody's life.
Speaker 9: Did you hear that?
Speaker 6: I actually did not hear. God like a lot of it.
Speaker 8: They might be great, it's not worth playing. It's honestly, he said nothing in thirty minutes, and I'm like, I just want.
Speaker 9: To listen to password. Yeah, what is this?
Speaker 8: I mean a lot of the cliches from back in the day, like we just wanted to get this right, right, it's not one thing, Okay. Then he said it over and over again thirty straight minutes. Everybody thinks they're great owners. They probably are. I have no opinion on them personally, never met him. They should just never do press conferences. They don't say anything.
Speaker 4: I don't think they've ever made a mistake.
Speaker 6: I think I do think that over say anything.
Speaker 5: I don't know how anybody would think that they're not greatos. They are fantastic owners, good looking in the way that they're handsome. I mean, look at where they were under McCombs to where they are now. I mean it is not even yeah, it's been Yeah.
Speaker 8: I just have other people just like koc doing have somebody else do the press conferences. That's all or don't call one.
Speaker 9: If you're not going to say anything, have.
Speaker 6: Must do it.
Speaker 9: That must do it, You do it.
Speaker 6: I got nothing else going on.
Speaker 8: Oh, also do sports after this. This is the power Trip We're on show on the fan.
Speaker 4: Welcome back. It's seven twenty seven Pouch of Morey Show and here we are with the Libra must in the cast on thousands pouch morch on a Monday morning and go right back into football talk as the super Bowl is this weekend and I kind of forgot about because there's so much going on in the world of your Minnesota bikes. Don't you think the twins were like, son of a bitch? It makes such a huge move and nobody cares or they loved it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was gonna say.
Speaker 9: I think they's like yeah, yeah, they.
Speaker 10: Yeah, because they've been so good for the last Okay, well you're just taking shots us.
Speaker 11: Right or what?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Say it? It must just say something nice for one. Come on, ma, thank you.
Speaker 4: It was very nice.
Speaker 5: We didn't we didn't play.
Speaker 4: Sorry everybody let you down.
Speaker 6: You didn't let me do it?
Speaker 4: No, No, I didn't.
Speaker 8: You knew I wasn't gonna come back.
Speaker 10: I gotta tell you and lately have been doing a lot more.
Speaker 4: Than I'm trying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm trying. I thought it might be a chance.
Speaker 4: Here's something I realized. At least we got friends.
Speaker 6: You don't want to play?
Speaker 4: No, you're right. I did, and I'm going to.
Speaker 6: Say you looking at me as if I didn't.
Speaker 8: I did walk me through your logic though. You sent a group text to like fifteen of us saying, Hey, Saturday, les, let's do the golf bit, right, who's in free golf?
Speaker 6: Right? Who's in you?
Speaker 8: I believes right, I believe One person was like, what time right? Which is not a confirmation, it's just what time are you thinking?
Speaker 6: And then pretty.
Speaker 8: Quickly after you texted the group back, you said booked, got it? Tend to noon or whatever? So nobody had confirmed and you're like, I'm going for it. Well yeah that was interesting.
Speaker 6: Well no, you just have to pick it. You can make it or you can't. Who cares at that point?
Speaker 9: Sure, yeah, Tommy didn't show you.
Speaker 6: I had to sit there and go through everybody's schedule.
Speaker 9: Because that would mean person sounds great, what time?
Speaker 10: I was going for an early time so that way people could still have their Saturday to do what they want.
Speaker 4: To do listen. We I appreciate the thought.
Speaker 6: You just got blessed me there. I just saw ef I do.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it that you thought about it and you wanted to get us all together. Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 5: No, I thought it was like the time. I was like, this is a great idea. We should do this. I'm actually really curious about going down to the launch pad and checking it out.
Speaker 6: We should do it. It's a lot of fun. So I love that you brought up.
Speaker 5: That's why I was like, well, I actually like I just want I got in front of it, like, I can't do it. We've got like all all sorts of kid stuff happening that day, so like would love to, but I'm out me keep me in mind for the next one.
Speaker 10: So even text this is a good idea, but we got basketball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like Corey said, this is dumb.
Speaker 6: Corey did not respond. He he called me personally.
Speaker 4: We made fun of you for ten minutes. It's great to leave this text.
Speaker 9: What an idiot. I went to golf in January.
Speaker 8: It's heated psycho pace heated, well, Hawk and I would have found a heated spot of he and I.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, yeah, you know I might have been across the street while.
Speaker 9: You were doing.
Speaker 5: That's a great time for you guys to just use your body heat together, can just waved.
Speaker 6: Hey guys, wait.
Speaker 8: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip presented by All Around your Timber Tech deck building contractor.
Speaker 11: The Super Bowl is this Sunday between the Seahawks and the Patriots at five point thirty pregame I think starts around one o'clock on this station. The Seahawks are four and a half point favorites. Media day is today and we will go on from there.
Speaker 6: WHOA, it's happening all three phases. Seahawks are just better, you know, I one hundred percent agree with that.
Speaker 5: My only thing that is holding me back is that's staff for Seattle. This is like their first rodeo together. Josh McDaniels, the offensive coordinator, has been there many time, many time, and so is Vrabel. So the experience goes coaching staff in preparation to New England, and I'm like, listen, I don't think that their offense is going to be as good as Seattle's defense, But give this guy two weeks to prepare.
Speaker 6: You never know what's going to happen. So I think so.
Speaker 5: I do think they're going to be super prepared, and there's gonna be some stuff that Seattle has not seen yet this whole season that'd be pulled.
Speaker 6: Out of the bag. High scoring game or you think you.
Speaker 5: No, I don't think so. I think it's go lower scoring game. And I do think that Seattle wins by ten plus.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and if Donald has to throw the ball thirty times, they're going to probably lose.
Speaker 12: That means a run game wasn't going Yeah, yeah, probably flipping the field. Yeah great, great, it's your turn. No, I no, that was fun.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 11: The Gophers lost seventy seven seventy five depend State yesterday.
Speaker 8: That's their sixth straight loss. They battle seventh seventh, isn't it seventh straight? Seventh's either way? Six I counted them. I hope you're right. Six would be better, right, Six is better than seven.
Speaker 6: Thank you. They battle seventh rank Michigan State.
Speaker 11: On Wednesday at six Amazing hot lots and amazing hot rods.
Speaker 9: They've lost seventh straight.
Speaker 6: Seventh.
Speaker 9: We should have known when you said you counted.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Hey, speaking of that, I still have the map from Friday, and I I have more faith.
Speaker 6: Upset.
Speaker 4: I have more faith that he doesn't want to do it.
Speaker 6: Upset.
Speaker 9: We're not smart. No, I'm not gonna get a lot of them.
Speaker 8: We're all hammering the over. The only reason it came up is you thought you would get thirty. I'm like, you're gonna get way more than thirty.
Speaker 6: I doubt it.
Speaker 8: I don't think you're gonna get fifty, but you're not getting thirty.
Speaker 4: I'll do it if you want to. I know I'm an idiot.
Speaker 6: I actually want to do it just for fun. Yeah, me too, What don't we all do?
Speaker 8: I can definitely get all fifty now because somebody helped me with the Vermont versus New Hampshire thing.
Speaker 6: Now, I'm.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna write New England in Mexico.
Speaker 8: I just I am so confident Sauce can get over thirty. Because you think you're in the thirty ish range. I would bet anybody you can get more than that. Okay, you don't think you can get thirty. You really don't think you get thirty. I mean I can get some, Yeah, but get some.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, I get some. I can get text.
Speaker 4: I can tell you that there's between Louisiana Alabama. And Georgie. Yeah you can probably, Yeah, yeah, you can give her a shot. I'm scared of it.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know what they call Louisiana the boot, So which one looks like a boot?
Speaker 6: Florida? That's Italy, Paul, Florida. I don't know anything. Don't always be mean to me. You make massive mistakes too.
Speaker 8: No, I'm I'm admitting you're under selling yourself. You can get more than thirty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, stop hurting yourself.
Speaker 6: Yeah, give me, give me a real over.
Speaker 8: Under be as honest as you can on how many things you can get, and then we can guess higher. Over.
Speaker 9: You're trying to count me in your head.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hope he says fifty three, I could probably.
Speaker 6: Get eighty two. No, I probably. I don't know. I maybe I.
Speaker 9: Don't understand the East Coast.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 11: I'm with you, dog, I don't even know if I could point out where I or Ohio is ben.
Speaker 9: How many thinks you can get?
Speaker 6: How many do I think he can?
Speaker 13: Ye?
Speaker 6: I think you can get thirty six.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say thirty seven. I bet that's about right, because I bet that's about what I can get.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna trust forty. I will give you forty. That's kind God man, look at you.
Speaker 6: Forty two.
Speaker 8: I think I think forty issues the right answer. Forty five thirty is way too I.
Speaker 4: Want to do it now, let's all do it. I want to do it. All right, let's golf with me. Talk about the states of the year.
Speaker 9: How do we how do we hear it past?
Speaker 11: This pass passes it to the mountain just.
Speaker 9: Right, like the abbreviation. No, let's go through them.
Speaker 6: Okay, this one is Alaska.
Speaker 9: Okay, this one is Hawaii.
Speaker 6: There's two, so you're off to a great starts Minnesota. Let's go Saucy North, Dakota South.
Speaker 9: On camera right now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're just saying, we got to be able to see the where you're pointing. How about here, let's do this. Let's do this. You gotta ask in Hawaii. Okay, there's two start top probably stop or start top left hand corner, so then people can visualize in their cars where you're at top top left hand corner?
Speaker 7: Is what.
Speaker 6: Top? Washington?
Speaker 8: Washington is correct? So that's one. Go Oregon is which one below? Yeah, explain where you're going right below it Oregon?
Speaker 11: Good in California is the big one California, very good.
Speaker 6: Please hold Nevada.
Speaker 4: You can't see where you're going.
Speaker 9: Nevada is right, yep.
Speaker 6: Yep, that's Idaho. Which one, yeah, yep, thank you, Montana yep, look at you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and so that's yep.
Speaker 6: Go we'll hold off on that other one.
Speaker 11: North Dakota, South Dakota, North Dakota, South Dakota.
Speaker 4: Right down on.
Speaker 6: Is this New Mexico?
Speaker 9: Use your ten Maybe where are you pointing?
Speaker 6: Right here in the middle line?
Speaker 8: If he gets always, if he gets it wrong, don't tell him what it is right away, just in case, because then obviously that would tip his hand for a different one.
Speaker 9: This one, and which one are you pointing at? He keeps like hovering over multiple This is Arizona.
Speaker 8: I can't see where you're point the radio ever made Arizona.
Speaker 6: That's New Mexico. Yeah, so Arizona and New Mexico are both correct. Yes, this is Utah, that's correct.
Speaker 9: That's correct.
Speaker 6: The uh South Dakota. That's Iowa. That's Nebraska. Yep, yep, that's right. This is Wyoming. No, you already pointed out one. That's only Montana. Yeah, this is Wyoming.
Speaker 8: Yes, but hey see now how are we counting though, if you're like, we're giving you multiple chances.
Speaker 5: No, I I think that I'll give him a pass on that one. I think that he didn't realize he pointed that one already.
Speaker 4: I really wish you would because it was I will, all right, write them all in.
Speaker 6: This is the thing I attack your thoughts.
Speaker 8: Yeah, write them all in one per and then we'll count them up and see which ones you get right, which ones you got wrong.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you've done nothing on the East coast.
Speaker 9: He doesn't understand in the East Coast.
Speaker 6: And east of Ohio.
Speaker 8: Yeah, thanks Zach oh Way speaking about East Coast. I saw a stat today and Chris, I know you've lived on the East Coast as well. Grew up in Indiana, which is sometimes considered the south. Right, a lot of people have weird titles for regions. Somebody referenced West Virginia as the Midwest. Does anybody consider West Virginia the Midwest?
Speaker 6: It's literally not telling you.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 8: It's not even close to the middle. You know, part of the middle in Midwest is the mid part, right, Nevada is not Midwest.
Speaker 5: And really the term doesn't make sense because mid West halfway to the west. Yeah, it's like it's not even west when they just they don't even consider Minnesota the Midwest.
Speaker 9: The only thing it's west of is Virginia. Yeah, kind of.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, I'm west West Virginia makes no.
Speaker 5: Correct exactly because is it Minnesota, South, Dakota and brad both Dakotas and a braath like considered that the upper Upper Midwest, the Upper Midwest or the Upper Plains as I think I've also heard that. Yeah, like it's a complete separate region.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know how anybody could go west Virginia, Iowa, and Wisconsin.
Speaker 5: And then we throw in the Ohio Valley, which is I've heard that bean a separate thing.
Speaker 6: So what the hell is the Midwest?
Speaker 5: Iowa, in Illinois, Nebraska, in Missourra, Missourira, Missurra Missouri.
Speaker 9: Saw how many you have filled in?
Speaker 11: One, two, three, four, five, halfs of eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen twenty. All right, so he's Texas.
Speaker 8: He'll do that during the break and then we'll calm him up. Next segment, see how many got It's going to be forty plus.
Speaker 9: That's my guest.
Speaker 8: Vikings News in a second, more with Ben Leeber and Mike Mussman after this on the fan f.
Speaker 9: Sauce.
Speaker 6: Are you done?
Speaker 9: I think so.
Speaker 6: Do you have guesses for all fifty? No? I do not. I left a couple of them open.
Speaker 8: A couple of blank Okay, let me know when you're done, and I will correct.
Speaker 6: Your paper and then we can reveal how many again. Good though, I gotta admit, how much.
Speaker 9: More time do you need? A minute or two?
Speaker 6: I'm trying to decide and where Pittsburgh is, Oh.
Speaker 4: He's doing that.
Speaker 2: Are you guys having a hard time with this new update on iPhone? Where like it's way too touchy, Like I just called John Bonus a whore and I meant to say whooped.
Speaker 4: Like like I misspell everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm having a hard time with the keyboarders. Yeah, it's right, and things are.
Speaker 6: Moving around that they need to be moving around. I'm just like, what are we doing here?
Speaker 4: Yes, that caught me. I called him a horn.
Speaker 6: I didn't mean to.
Speaker 4: I meant to say woo.
Speaker 6: No, I just I wanted to call a horn and it worked.
Speaker 4: For me just never mind anyway.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, why do you think they call him bonus?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Wait what what you got there? Come on, come on me, sauce.
Speaker 8: Do you think you're having a hard time because you've never been west of Ohio?
Speaker 11: Yeah, there's a few of them, like.
Speaker 8: Like when John King brings up that map, he knows not the beez are the one from CNN got the.
Speaker 6: Hockey hair guy?
Speaker 9: Like how the city? Sure, I'm trying to also his job.
Speaker 11: Big one was, like the big swing state in the last election was Pennsylvania. But I don't remember where John King was pointing. I know where Ohio is.
Speaker 9: You've never been west of there? Yeah you don't know, Spry.
Speaker 4: Could you hold up your map so I can see it?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you see how many blanks you have left left?
Speaker 6: He's got a lot?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you're almost good.
Speaker 8: All right, take another minute or two and then I'll correct your paper. Somebody even left the highlight or you're fantastic.
Speaker 6: I don't know why I got that. I don't know why.
Speaker 5: It's ben Sorry, And I just said, who you got a lot on there? You said you got a lot blank on there?
Speaker 8: No, I said the fact that he has almost the entire map even written in means you're going to be way over thirty. It's not like it's not like you wrote Kazakhstan. Where Georgia. You know what I'm saying, like, Yeah, Georgia, Georgia is right. You're in the forty plus range for sure. Yeah, no doubt there was nowhere near thirty. Look, I haven't even corrected yet. I know you're in the forty club. That anger that you feel is that was directed towards me. That's just a you thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. You're because you're mad because you heard Ben say twenty three.
Speaker 6: That's how Ben I thought you said. Look at me, blank? You have I apologize?
Speaker 9: All right? You almost done?
Speaker 6: Whatever?
Speaker 9: Are you done? You have fifty grading? I'll grade it quick here.
Speaker 6: Okay, let me see terrible impression of me?
Speaker 11: Are you great?
Speaker 4: And I'm gonna hit this.
Speaker 9: You have her resented by Joe.
Speaker 11: Thank you?
Speaker 6: Right, Joe? We l you rad Joe.
Speaker 2: You've been talking about the crazy situation all morning, and of course i'd encourage you to listen to the podcast if you haven't heard.
Speaker 4: But we'll continue with that a moment. But more importantly, how many.
Speaker 6: You get he's gonna take him a second.
Speaker 4: Look at his me too.
Speaker 6: It's the highlighter good or I'm on his crutch. I'm guessing the highlighters good Man. Look at him? Is he doing a lot of highlights? Teacher? Yeah? You are zooming right now, teacher, core Well, Corey's smart. Why did you live any blank? Because I'm not smart. You should just taking a guess North Louisiana.
Speaker 9: Right like Tom.
Speaker 6: When he said he doesn't understand the East coast. If you were watching me, just go like right right, right, right right, then.
Speaker 8: I got to the East coast. Holy cow. He starts to swing and mess a bunch. Okay, but relaxed. But are you relaxing?
Speaker 6: Ye? We're all talk about the ones he got right. We don't have to talk about the ones we got wrong. He relaxed.
Speaker 9: Over there.
Speaker 2: I thought you relax, recline, Please get your testicles out.
Speaker 6: Hey, I'm going to guess you. Carolina is mixed up.
Speaker 9: I don't think so.
Speaker 6: Hey, hey man, yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: While he's doing that, you ever done yoga?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I did it last night.
Speaker 6: Did you hot the hot yoga?
Speaker 4: I did some hot yoga?
Speaker 6: Did you relax hot yoga?
Speaker 4: I did I just relaxed?
Speaker 6: Diamond Dallas paid yoga?
Speaker 4: I don't know about that, but man, you know what's limiting?
Speaker 6: I know what you talked about. D did He's got he like? Did he like does this whole like yoga thing for dudes? Really? Yeah? It's actually like really kind of cool. It's cool.
Speaker 4: You know what's hard is your your man parts getting.
Speaker 6: How many I get wrong?
Speaker 4: They do? Have you ever done? If you have noticed that? Just sticking to your legs they're like downward dogging.
Speaker 6: I'm like, ow when you're downward dogging, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Which one it was, where you're doing the Sphinx pose where you're like this, oh yeah that one. Yeah yeah, yeah, I'm not good at it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: There's a lot when you have to like kind of push your pelvis into the ground.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah then what yeah dog thrust?
Speaker 11: If your balls are hurting a downward dog, you got something else going's wrong?
Speaker 9: Congratulation.
Speaker 5: I like to think about down dog and I'm like, how would your balls get in there?
Speaker 6: I know, let's find out.
Speaker 4: But I'll tell you what. Man, I enjoyed it. Dutch relaction. It does relaction?
Speaker 6: Do you feel way more limber today?
Speaker 4: No, but I will, and a couple of times, I bet I think I'm keep going.
Speaker 6: I liked it. No, it's good stuff.
Speaker 4: Good for you, Thank you, buddy.
Speaker 8: All Right, So he goes, how many do you think you got right now that you filled it out?
Speaker 9: Twenty eight? Anybody else have a guess.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna guess after looking at it, I'm gonna say thirty seven again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I stick with my forty I got Yeah, it's gonna two more.
Speaker 6: I was gonna go thirty.
Speaker 8: If you take take the western border of Minnesota right and follow that line essentially straight down, he got everything west of that line correct. Now, if you start in Minnesota, he got Minnesota right, he got Iowa right, he.
Speaker 6: Got Missouri right.
Speaker 8: Left the one under Missouri blank, which is But what's interesting is you guess that state for another state that you definitely should know.
Speaker 9: Definitely sippy. No, where does your mother in law live?
Speaker 6: Oh, Tennessee. You guessed Arkansas was Tennessee?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 9: I did?
Speaker 8: Yeah, So you wrote Arkansas where Tennessee is supposed to be and left Arkansas blank?
Speaker 6: Right, that's trashy.
Speaker 9: He had Tennessee where Kentucky is.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 6: Yeah, how did I miss that?
Speaker 9: Dummy and Iowa right. Yes, guess you.
Speaker 8: Left Mississippi blank and then wrote miss on Alabama but then crossed it off.
Speaker 9: So even if you had left it, you still would ahead it wrong because you.
Speaker 4: Misses somebody in Alabama.
Speaker 6: You're talking about the miss America.
Speaker 8: You got Wisconsin right, Michigan right, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, you got North and South Carolina right.
Speaker 9: You got Georgia right, Florida right.
Speaker 8: You left West Virginia blank, but put West Virginia on Virginia.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I forgot there two of them.
Speaker 8: You left Maryland blank, You left Delaware blank. You left New Jersey blank, New Jersey.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I forgot about that. You left Rhode Island blank.
Speaker 9: What yep?
Speaker 6: I don't know where that one is.
Speaker 9: It's the smallest one.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well that map.
Speaker 8: Song, you you wrote Rhode Island where Vermont is?
Speaker 6: Okay, relax please?
Speaker 8: Uh you did guess New Hampshire correct and Maine correct?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Well I knew Maine was at the top.
Speaker 8: You had Massachuset. It's written in where Connecticut is. You left Delaware blank? The only one that that I was kicking myself over.
Speaker 9: Uh, you guys all know.
Speaker 8: New York is a pretty big state, especially for the east coast state. Yeah, and then there's that little minty string that goes like just east of New Jersey. Sauce put a line towards that little part and said New York.
Speaker 9: So I gave him credit for it, thank you.
Speaker 8: And then where New York is, he wrote Pitts and then crossed it out, So I think he was gonna guess Pittsburgh for New York as you state. As you can see, he crossed out Pittsburgh and then right there, technically I gave him credit for New York and that gave him thirty six total.
Speaker 5: Yeah, guest, yeah, you know, Pittsburgh's not a state.
Speaker 6: No, I do, Yeah, okay, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 8: So you I technically pointed to New York, although I don't know if that's what you meant, but I have to give you credit because that is technically New York.
Speaker 9: Well done, well done.
Speaker 6: What was the number again? Thirty six? Okay? Wow? Not better.
Speaker 8: I would have lost a lot of money, Honestly, I thought you would have been over for forty.
Speaker 5: Not that it really helps me in this situation, because I think we all need help with that Northeast area but I remember as a kid. I still remember it to this day, the teacher telling us, once you get to Louisiana, then it's just mags. It's just the word mags. It's Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina.
Speaker 9: Oh that little stretch right there on the bottom.
Speaker 4: That would have been very helpful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So like there was like little tricks like that and understanding where they were. But like the thing is, like I don't remember any sort of mental tricks to help me out between Vermont and New Hampshire and Maine.
Speaker 8: So here I can help you, and you'll never forget this now and now now I'll never forget this. And I'm pretty sure I've been told this twenty times.
Speaker 9: But now I'm going to remember.
Speaker 8: Last week I said I knew I would either have forty eight or fifty, because it just depends on if I'm gonna.
Speaker 5: I guess before you tell me that them. So it goes from east to west? Does it go Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 8: Okay, But here's how the two mains. The top one. So the only two I was going to struggle with was Vermont in New Hampshire because I was as a kid forgot which one was which, and somebody reminded me that the shape of Vermont kind of looks like a V, the one on the one on the not like the actual letter V.
Speaker 9: It's not an.
Speaker 8: Invert V, it's an actual V. So Vermont is the one that is kind of shaped.
Speaker 6: Like a V.
Speaker 5: So the smaller pastation plants exactly.
Speaker 6: And New Hampshire's yep.
Speaker 8: So once you know that, then the piece of cake. But thirty six is not terrible.
Speaker 6: Hell yeah, that guy fell.
Speaker 8: I mean, your mother in law is going to have a hard time seeing you over the holidays. You're not going to be able to find your way to Tennessee. Sorry, just fly there, you're not driving. Yeah, I forgot. Nailed the West, thank you. And look when it's hawk in the eighties, when it's all said and done, you got Minnesota, so you know where you live. And you got Nevada, the only other state that matters, so you're fine, yes, thank you. And you got Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, which is a city in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 6: Nailed it. There. You go a few months away from the Tennessee derby, yep.
Speaker 9: Well, the first Saturday in.
Speaker 2: May, ladies and gentlemen, Mark Wilf on the next GM situation.
Speaker 13: Certainly we will have conversations and begin laying the groundwork for a process now. But from a practical perspective of where we are on the football cycle, and in order to give ourselves the best outcome, we expect to conduct a thorough search to identify our next general manager after.
Speaker 4: The drift, after the draft.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, They're going to be thorough. Yeah.
Speaker 10: The one thing I can say about the Wilfs is that, man, do they love football?
Speaker 4: Amen?
Speaker 10: I mean they absolutely love football. They grew up cheering for the Giants. They just love it.
Speaker 6: They listened to fanline.
Speaker 10: I mean they absolutely Oh yeah, they love love football and it shows.
Speaker 6: That's why. I mean they're such great owners. Yeah. They Warren in Saint Paul Wowzarre. Yeah, let's match up the voice again. Does Warren Saint Paul sound like Mark Wilf. What if they did call in, be great? That would carry great.
Speaker 4: No, if I tuned in, I'd move the team.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I just love that they care this much about the state of Minnesota too. I mean they've obviously been in Pittsburgh most of their life.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's a great state.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to do it. You know, it is fascinating thing. If you guys owned a team, if you guys own just like the Wolves. If you lived in New Jersey slash New York Pittsburgh or Pittsburgh or Pittsburgh, New York, and you owned the team halfway across the country, how often would you be like engrossed in all of the the like the news and all that this, Like would you listen to this show? Would you listen to PA on a daily basis? Would you listen to fan line after games? Like would you be like when you get the pulse of your team on a daily basis?
Speaker 8: I know you played for the Vikings, but you're a good example. I think people adapt to their new surroundings quicker than we give people credit for. If you moved to a foreign country, I think you would be a fan of that country's athletic teams pretty quickly. I think you adapt. You probably have your home in mind most of your life. But I mean, they've been here, what twenty years now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, But I'm saying like they have other business. Yeah sure, I'm saying for sure, like the Vikings are just one part of their.
Speaker 9: Totally total business.
Speaker 8: But I still am intrigued by the idea that they Obviously I doubt they grew up Vikings fans, but once you own them and you become a part of it, I just think it's fascinating how quickly they truly like.
Speaker 6: I think that's why everybody gets nervous about the.
Speaker 8: Timberwolves being owned by non Minnesotans or something that are they gonna move the team?
Speaker 6: It's a it's a business. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I also want to worry if it's an individual thing, like what's your tolerance level for criticism? Because I would have a hard time. But maybe, like you are good at just absorbing that and saying, you know, that's that's instructive. I'll be able to do that.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I couldn't do it. I've tried. I can't turn on Reddit for God's sakes, you know, I mean, you know, I mean the other day, just forget it. No, No, I can't do it. I agree with everything they say.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll tell you what, though I'm not great at it. It took me a while in the football world to develop a thicker skin. I wouldn't say that I have the thickest skin, but I remember, I remember early on, like the hard coaching that I got, like it, it's it's like really really hard. I mean it really makes you feel depressed and like it's a hard thing to bounce back from on a daily basis.
Speaker 9: It's great.
Speaker 6: So I will say I wasn't great at it.
Speaker 5: I had to get better at it because that's just the nature of the business. Like I just I knew that it was gonna if I didn't do a better job of handling that criticism than I was just going to fail. So I did have to become a little bit more callous to it. But it's not easy, and I still don't know. I don't think anybody likes to hear criticism of themselves. I mean it's not fun. I think I think it's necessary, but it's not just fun.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I think the owners of the Vikings also loved that their sport has talked about throughout the year, whether it's good or bad. All we really talk about is football. We are not talking about the Twins, We're not talking about you know, the Wolves.
Speaker 6: All year round. We talked football every day. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I wonder though, because of all of the other dealings that they have real estate and all that stuff, like, do they just give one of the Wilf kids, Like, hey, you're in charge of basically listening to the fan every day, right, you know, like your job is to just get the pull out. You know what I'm saying though, Like he doesn't have to be just the fan every day.
Speaker 11: But like, kid, what if the wolf kid can't wait for two o'clock Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays on commons.
Speaker 6: He just loves it.
Speaker 11: Now that guy has original takes.
Speaker 6: I don't know why you guys are so mean to him. Leave them alone?
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, he does his part.
Speaker 8: Yeah, just yeah, he does his part. Leave them alone. You're smiling it over there, smiling at you. I like you appreciate that.
Speaker 6: I like you.
Speaker 8: Man five in a second, then well we'll do havelines in the eight o'clock hour.
Speaker 9: This is the power Tiet join the first