Speaker 1: Baly has I believe friend. You even called him your boyfriend?
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, he myriend.
Speaker 1: What's the transformation, what's the tipping point from seeing this guy to boyfriend?
Speaker 3: Well, I've been seeing this guy for maybe like two months regular guys what we lovingly call him, and yeah, overbreak. I saw him a lot and on I don't remember which day it was because what is time during these two weeks, but we he was he won his fantasy football league and he won like, I don't know, four hundred dollars. So I was like, oh, let's celebrate, Like what do you want to do? Let's celebrate you won fantasy football. And he said that he wanted me to be his girlfriend.
Speaker 1: So you're kind of like low budget tailor and Travis.
Speaker 2: Very low budget. I kind of like that, Yeah, very.
Speaker 1: Because you've been in and out of bad relationships for a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I'm a singer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And he won his fantasy football drafts.
Speaker 2: Kind of the same. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I was telling Jenny that it feels it's it feels weird because my last boyfriend, like if you put the title boyfriend on it was a really long relationship that did not really end well. And so I feel like I'm jaded, you know, but I really like regular guy. So when he asked at first, I was like, oh why.
Speaker 1: So when he asked when, did he say will you be my girlfriend?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, I said what do you'd want to do to celebrate? And he said I would really like it if you could be my girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Did he really say that? Yeah? So I didn't know people said that anymore. Yeah, I guess so.
Speaker 3: And then I was like, oh, we and then we were talking about it, and then he said is that is that yes?
Speaker 2: What like? Is that yes? And then when we kissed, he was like, feels like commitment. Oh yeah, he's funny. I think he's really funny. Are we allowed to say his actual name or no?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I kind of like calling him regular guy. I don't know his actual name. That's why I'm asking. Oh his name is Eric? Oh okay, I've only ever heard you say regular guy. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It feels weird though, I mean, we're not like Facebook official, and I haven't posted his picture on anything.
Speaker 1: Well, there is a picture of him on your Weekend in five photos Wekendive Photos and Dave ryanshow dot com under the Bailey.
Speaker 3: Tap yeah, but I did it kind of like a mysterious because it's a little low lighting and it's kind of from the side of his face.
Speaker 1: There he is, He exists, he does exist. He's a He's a real person, unlike that guy that you dated what was his name for a while that you made.
Speaker 2: Up one that I oh, George.
Speaker 3: Yeah, George Glass and I were really close and I'm really sad.
Speaker 2: That that one didn't work out because he.
Speaker 3: Was joked, say it was George George what Tropicana?
Speaker 6: Is that Napoleon? No, it's Brady, but I mean Glass, George Glass. Yeah, so he's he's a George Glass. He's a regular guy. And now he's I've.
Speaker 1: Done the thing where he holds your face and like gently caresses your ch and looks in your eyes.
Speaker 2: Has he done that yet? If he has looked deeply into my eyes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I'm the prettiest person in the world, which is wild. And he's also a little obsessed with me. And I have said on the show multiple times that I would like a man who is a little obsessed with me, and he is a little obsessed with me.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's one of the great things about Falling in love is when you realize that person loves you as much as you love them.
Speaker 2: It's real trippy.
Speaker 1: No, it is real trippy. It's like, oh, not only do I like them, but they really like me? Like you want to stay here, which kind of like snowballs. And so he spent the night over night at the apartment.
Speaker 3: Then he has been he has been to my apartment. Like we watched Jenny and I watched Dune, but not together. But I did watch Dune with regular guy and he explained it to me the whole time, and that that was a blizzard day. So we didn't go anywhere. We just hang out at home.
Speaker 4: Okay, an important question. Sure, does your cat cap like him? Yes, and he does.
Speaker 3: He sits on his lap a lot and they do get along, so they do like each other.
Speaker 2: I low key. I wonder if Kap likes him.
Speaker 3: Because he slightly resembles my old boyfriend, which I feel bad about.
Speaker 2: But yeah, because your cat's a tough critic. Your cat didn't like.
Speaker 4: Me, is a tough I brought over your would you get a walker or something I brought into your apartment?
Speaker 2: Your cat was not rocking with me, No, he was not you brought over a what what is it? A walking pad? That's what it was. Yeah, talk, Sorry, I don't know what it was called over what? Yeah? But he does he likes my cat and my cat likes him.
Speaker 1: Well, what's the next get together? What's the next stuff for the little travel Taylor and Travis?
Speaker 3: Maybe next time I see it, Well, when I do a hard launch, maybe I'll wear red lipstick and uh, because that's what Taylor Swift wears red lipstick. And I'll put my bangs out or something. You wear his jersey, he doesn't have one. That was playing football. He plays fantasy football football. Most guys is like playing football.
Speaker 2: It's essentially the same. All right.
Speaker 1: We it is a new year, so we're going to do New Year's resolutions for each and we're going to say what everybody on the show should resolve for this year in twenty twenty six. So I will go first. Who wants me to give you your resolution?
Speaker 2: First?
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 1: Okay, Bailey, okay, And I think you're doing well. I think that you have your resolution is to believe that you are worthy. And I think sometimes you like to down, you like and knock yourself down, and you know that that type of thing. And I've tried to convince you over the last year and a half somewhat successfully, maybe that you are worthy and that you are good enough or whatever. And you're attractive, You're like, I'm so funny, look and which you know you're you're not traditionally gorgeous. You know you're not traditionally gorgeous. No, but you're kind of hot. Yeah, you have really pretty eyes, thank you. But you have a very sparkling, wonderful personality and I think that and you're fun to hang out with. And I think that you just need to believe, and I think that you are believing in yourself more and more so I would belie believe that you belong, that you fit, and you don't have to hang out with a bunch of people who tell you that you I don't know, they give you the impression that you don't sure.
Speaker 3: I don't hang Does that makes any sense? People are in my brain? But yeah, no, I makes sense than you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're in my brain. Vant Is.
Speaker 1: I think vont is one of those people that one day will lose track of vont but then all of a sudden we'll see him on like I don't know, CNN or NBC News being interviewed as like some mega successful person, Thank you.
Speaker 2: I think you are you.
Speaker 1: I think you have it in your DNA to someday being mega successful. That's something. But I my advice to you is don't let this or any other company.
Speaker 2: Dictate when that happens.
Speaker 1: So you don't wait around for this company or any other company to be like Vonant, We're going to move you to New York City. Because if you wait for a company to give you success, you'll do it on their schedule.
Speaker 2: So go for it myself. Go for it yourself.
Speaker 1: Thank you, because as take it from somebody who sat around here for thirty two years waiting for something to happen, and it never did. You know, I love that show, but but don't sit and wait for iHeartRadio to boost your career.
Speaker 2: You do it yourself. Well with that, it's my last episode.
Speaker 1: Guy and Jenny Baby, cut your damn hair. Your hair is way too long. I don't know you're not twenty two anymore. Okay, cut your damn hair. It goes down to your butt.
Speaker 2: Butt. Cut your down here.
Speaker 1: You are prem in a puzzle, okay, and your hair is just way too damn long.
Speaker 7: You know, so what, it's the living app left.
Speaker 2: I can't have kids anymore. I can't. My boobs are down to my knee. Cut your damn hair. Okay, Okay, should I go next?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 2: All right, Vaughn. Yes, here's my resolution for you. Okay.
Speaker 3: I think that you should become a regular at a local coffee shop or community space because I think you need to get out of your home somewhere.
Speaker 2: I think you need to make some friends and I think you would.
Speaker 3: Really enjoy being known when you walk into a space where they all say, oh hey, Van. So I think you should become a regular at some kind of coffee shopper, community space.
Speaker 4: I put that on my personal list of resolutions. Just don't do something amazing. I love that, okay, Jenny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you should add a creative hobby to your roster because you're very outdoorsy and you go out and you do things all the time in your van and in the snow and all of that stuff. And I think maybe you should get into I don't know, drawing or but are something creative. Yeah, yeah, I think that would be good for you.
Speaker 2: David.
Speaker 3: Your resolution is that I think you should actually do your research before clicking ad to krtue.
Speaker 2: That includes, you.
Speaker 3: Know, looking at reviews, checking websites to make sure that they're real, et cetera, et cetera. Maybe even deleting the quick like quick ad or whatever whatever, bye bye now deleting buy now. Okay, there you go. You're not wrong, because I do.
Speaker 1: I ordered something for Christmas that never arrived and a friend of mine got it it. Hirst did arrive. Shout out Patty and Hurst didn't work. So you're right. It's like, oh oh that's and apple pain makes it sinfully easy, double click here and there you go, and then it never arrives or it's garbage. So you're you're very very accurate.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Okay, I'll go next, Dave.
Speaker 7: I would like to see you hike something different than Pike's Peak this year. It doesn't have to be like something so crazy as Pike's Peak, but is something a little bit different that has like a beautiful view.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: That's a really good idea, Yes, because I am like, you kind of go back to this, like going to the same restaurant. You love Ikes, so you go to Ikes all the time. Yeah, you're right, that's a good idea.
Speaker 2: All right, Vonte.
Speaker 7: I was going to challenge you to not eat out more than twice a week, but I know that that's going to be way too hard for you. So instead, I would like you to try one veggie a week. I know you don't like anything green. You are not going to be young forever, okay. You need to understand that veggies are important. You need fiber. You need to realize your metabolism won't be what it is for the longest time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna see Vaunt in fifteen years and just be like, damn, some fat guy you ate Vaunt, Okay?
Speaker 7: And then Bailey, I know you'll never do this, okay, but I want you to say no to at least like one or two things a week, okay, because your schedule is so packed and I know that, like that's how you love to live life. And I think that this will be easier for you now that you are dating regular guy, because now I feel like you always were going out to do things because you didn't want to like stay at your apartment by yourself sad in there. Yeah that trust me, I get it, all right. I live in a house by myself. But I think saying no to things sometimes opens up your life for like like focusing on more important things that you care about.
Speaker 2: So thank thanks, love me, and we'll run that out with me. We'll start with Bailey.
Speaker 8: Jay.
Speaker 4: I also was going to say, bec innfident that Dave said, but I also want you to cook more.
Speaker 2: You did.
Speaker 4: We made fun of you for failing to make soup for your church thing, but you really really and if you don't remember that, Bailey, the pastor total the soup was not good, but you remember.
Speaker 2: You were very Jesus Chris right, let's all pray for this error. But I remember you, like were very serious about like I want to make sure it's good. You were.
Speaker 4: I guess your mom for the recipe, and I want you to try to do that every now and then because you don't cook often, and I think you really, you know, appreciate it all right, and you have a man now, so I gotta keep that from no cook for yourself.
Speaker 2: We go out. Jenny. I loved seeing you do your kitchen this year.
Speaker 4: I just because I feel like every day it was like, oh I was going to just do the child, Now I got to do the counter, and now I can do the walls. I want you to do more DIY projects. I love this error for you and and your your your camera van.
Speaker 7: I know the van's a constant project. So yeah, you're so impressive. I am looking into once it gets nicer out to build it out more. And I think I have the confidence now since I did the kitchen stuff.
Speaker 4: And it was such a big deal when you bought it. Man, so like, go travel, go crazy with that thing. Yeah, And David, I have two for you, okay. One of them is for you to spend more time on your RV this year. That's another one. You were so happy when you bought your RV. I want you to go travel like crazy with Susan, with Carson and the girls.
Speaker 2: Might be on to something, you know. And I just want you to take more trips. You know I'd love to.
Speaker 4: And then the last one for you, David, is to finally finally take the four of us to Benny Hannah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that is my last day. I will take you to Benny Hannah last day, my last day. I'll take you all out to.
Speaker 2: Benny Hunt In like ten years, I'll be dead by well, you'll be dead by that. Yeah. Listen for the announcement on Monday morning.
Speaker 1: At major announcement coming up on Monday morning at seven twenty oh, it got quieting.
Speaker 7: Yes, I wanted to make it a little like snake noise because that's what Steve used to do when he was like trying to troll people.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he do you like that?
Speaker 2: And then he'd send a snake emoji or something.
Speaker 1: Those are our resolutions, and what is your resolution? I mean, it's a great time to, like, you know, turn things around, and because you know, you can start keeping track whether you want to lose weight, whether you want to get in shape, whether you want to pick up a new hobby. Whatever did you want to do? All right, we'll be back in a second. On KATIEWB. I want to ask a question New Year's Even Times Square. Has anybody ever done this? There's got to be somebody who listens to the show who at one point went to New Year's Even Times Square, whether it was last year or twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: What is it like?
Speaker 1: Is it worth it? I'm just curious because you got to get there really early. A lot of people say they wear diapers, but I don't know whether that's practical because think about it, you peeing a diaper. Now you're freezing cold with warm urine turning cold pressing against your body.
Speaker 2: I don't know whether that.
Speaker 3: I just want to know technology in diapersy day?
Speaker 1: Really okay, something like that probably let me know, send me a text or call me and let me know. Let me get you on the radio and talk about what is it like to spend New Year's Eve in Times Square. We'll be right back on KDWB.
Speaker 2: Dw B.
Speaker 1: What does it like to stand in New Year's Times Square in New York City on New Year's Eve? I mean, you're watch it on TV, just like, Oh man, that looks kind of cool.
Speaker 2: But is it? So there's a couple of text message I want to read the Who's curious what this is? Like?
Speaker 1: This one says I was in Times Square for why two K New Year's Eve? So that was nineteen ninety nine into two thousand.
Speaker 2: It's actually on the phone right now. Oh they are Christy, Christy, Hi, Christy.
Speaker 9: Good morning.
Speaker 1: We were just talking about you. So tell me about your experience. So it was twenty five years ago that you were there for Y two K eighty six, twenty six years ago. Yeah, what happened? Tell me about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So let's see, I was a senior in college and we had to get downtown around seven o'clock and by then we were already in the fifth block back from the ball Oh wow.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 9: At the time that was still considered really close because back then tons of people went to New York City for New Year's right, so the blocks went probably twenty blocks back back then. So we were happy with this block by seven. I mean, we could have gone way earlier in the day. I think maybe noon, eleven o'clock noon. The first block was stilled up already, So yeah, people get there really really early.
Speaker 2: And we had.
Speaker 9: Pretty cool security guards around us, so we were able to leave and go into the hotel that we were staying at p and then come back. So no diapers for us. Yeah, but I know a lot of the security guards and other blocks were not very cool, and once you were in, you were in, and if you left then you had to go back to the end and like start over at whatever block they were.
Speaker 1: Oh it's funny because I thought I never realized that it went twenty blocks down whatever Broadway or whatever street it's on, right, I really thought it was just like times Square like people were just in Times Square. No, okay, I didn't realize that it was so interesting.
Speaker 9: I mean again, like you said, this was twenty six years ago, so you know, much much more popular spot to go back then. But there were no and then yeah, the.
Speaker 2: City, you go ahead, do you have the city?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I was gonna say the city removed all of the garbage cans, like public garbage cans. And I had heard, I mean, this was the only year I did it, but I had heard they used to have porta potties out there before nineteen ninety nine. I don't know if that's true or not, but I had heard that. But they didn't have any porta potties or garbage cans. So there was crap all over the street literally and figurative way everywhere. Yeah, it kind of gross smell life did its smell everywhere because they removed the garbage cans because they were afraid of bombs back then and that that particular year.
Speaker 1: Sure, what do you do when you're standing there? Obviously you're waiting? Were there, yeah, stages with music or what what do you do?
Speaker 2: During that time?
Speaker 9: There were In fact P Didy was there that year. But yeah, we I mean five blocks back, we couldn't really see anything but the main like MTV stage was way up in Times Square.
Speaker 2: Underneath the ball.
Speaker 9: You could hear parts of the music coming, but we couldn't really see it. So yeah, you literally just stand there for several hours and wait, they were allowing it again. Twenty six years ago. They allowed us to have alcohol, so like you could have a flask or like a boda or something. But you know, once it ran out, you know, again depending on your security guard for your block, you couldn't really get in and out, so you just had to stand there and like hang out. And I mean also remember we didn't have cell phones back then, it didn't exist yet, and so you literally just had to stand there and hang out.
Speaker 2: Christy, did you say you were a senior in high school when you do college? College?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: College? Okay, you're talking about flasks And I was like, girls.
Speaker 1: Girl, looking back, you probably wouldn't do it again, but you're really glad you did it.
Speaker 9: If that's exactly right. I would never do it again, especially at this age at forty seven, but I'm so glad I did it. And it was such a fun thing to do when you're that age in college.
Speaker 2: Right, it's a moment. Got to go to the top.
Speaker 9: Of the the Statue of Liberty, which is now not a thing anymore. You can't go up into her crown anymore. So, yeah, I love that. I got to do stuff that. You know, you just it's not the same anymore.
Speaker 1: You can't go up in the crown. I knew you couldn't go up in the torch. You used to be able to go up in the torch.
Speaker 2: Oh, dang, that's what it was.
Speaker 9: Maybe that's what it was. But you got to go up in the torch. And yeah, whatever it was that you can't do anymore, we got to do that back then too.
Speaker 2: Hey, I want to.
Speaker 9: Tell you, great trip.
Speaker 1: Let me make an observe. It's Chrissy, right, Christy, Christy Christie observation. You need to work at Taco Bell. And I'm going to tell you why. You have such a charming, beautiful, melodic voice that I could totally see you working at the Starbucks drive through or the Taco Bell drive through. Have you ever considered working to drive through before?
Speaker 9: No, I used to work at a rock and roll parties when I was sixteen.
Speaker 2: Talk about it.
Speaker 1: No, you have a beautiful speaking voice, and you tell a great story. Christy, thank you for sharing that. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 9: You're so welcome.
Speaker 1: Thank you having I don't think that i'll ever I never had the opportunity nor the desire to go stand in Times Square.
Speaker 9: See.
Speaker 3: I would again, like what Christy said, for the novelty of it, just to say like, oh, I did it once, and then you'll have that memory for the rest of your life.
Speaker 7: I put on a ten year bucket list that I wanted to be in New York for either the Macy Thanksgiving Day Parade or New Year's Eve. Oh I think pad Yes, I think I've crossed off New Year's Eve at this point from hearing the story.
Speaker 2: A poop in the street as somebody.
Speaker 4: Because I was born and raised in Jersey, so I know so many people that have done either one or both. I think the parade is more feasible or not A. I think it definitely is, because I had a friend who the Wednesday before Thanksgiving was like, oh, I might go, still unsure, and then went and got in perfectly fine. I think he shook Steve from Blues Blue's hand because it was on the flow. But I just think it's much less crowded, and I don't know how much. I don't know if it's twenty blocks like for New Year's Eve, but it's there's a lot of space.
Speaker 2: Very cool. Christy, thanks for calling in. If you enjoyed that.
Speaker 1: It is KD WUV what is going on this weekend. It's weird that it's a weekend already. We come back to work for one day and then all of a sudden, it's a weekend. So Stephanie's coming in. She comes in every Friday right around this time to tell us some different and cool things to do this weekend. I know, the Big Auto Show starts this weekend if you're into that, and sure, and she might cover that, but she usually does a little bit more esoteric, off the beaten path kind of cool different things to do this weekend so you're not sitting around just watching football and playing on your phone. And we'll talk to Stephanie coming up next on KD double ud. We do this every Friday around this time to find out some things to do this weekend because a lot of the time there's stuff to do but we just don't know about it.
Speaker 2: And then we go, well, wait.
Speaker 1: I should have been doing something else besides playing on my phone and watching Netflix. So that is why Stephanie is here. Hello, Hello, what'd you do midnight New Year's Eve? What was definitely doing? Sleeping, drink a little too much. I just went one night, that's my girl went to dinner.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we went to the neighborhood restaurant called Black Duck and sat at the bar and had a few.
Speaker 2: Drinks and some maps. No, then we picked up our baby and went home. I love that.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you remember to pick up the Baby's very important, very important. So things going on this weekend. It is a weird Friday. It is a very Monday ish Friday. But what do we got going on this weekend? It's like off the beaten path that you tell us about.
Speaker 10: Okay, this has been going on for like ten years, I think, but I just found out about yesterday when I was getting my list.
Speaker 2: Ready for you.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 10: There is like a gingerbread collection. There's like two hundred gingerbread gingerbread houses, pro and amateur bakers, two hundred dish of them, and they're set up in little villages. Okay, stuff like that on tables at the Norway House. I never even heard of the Norway House. But it's ten bucks to get in, five bucks for kids, and then five and under are free.
Speaker 2: You can just go check out if you're not ready to let go Christmas, you know what I mean? So many of us are not.
Speaker 10: Yes, And that's going on now through next week January eighth.
Speaker 2: Fabulous in Norway House.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 10: Number two, there's anme hunt in Saint Paul. This time it's like a scavenger hunt at eight different parks. There's gnomes set up, one at each park and apparently you go there there there's a letter assigned to each nome. If you can find all eight and decipher the keyword from those letters, ORI's for you.
Speaker 2: Oh like a little puzzle.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: And they have like a list of clues online on their website Saint Paul Parks or whatever that tell you it's a you know, a little what are those called the where it is? Yes, so you can check that out. That is going on now and it looks like it's ending this weekend. So and just a little tip, I went and researched their hashtag. It looks like the gnomes are like made out of trees and stuff like that. So it's not like your typical garden with a hat and nose on it or something like that. But the pictures look funny, all right. And then number three, the ice castles are coming back. This is part of like the Saint Paul Winter Carnival. They will be at the State Fair this year. They're going on through twenty one February. It looks they're gonna have like ice slides, tubing, like caverns and tunnels that you can check out.
Speaker 2: But it's pretty impressive.
Speaker 10: It's like a bunch of icicles and castles that are my heart been before, like when it was back.
Speaker 2: You know in Saint Paul or whatever. To the newer version of it. That was cool, it was fun. I've been before.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it looks like it's like thirty bucks for adults to get in and twenty two bucks for kids, which is kind of expensive, but they have a family pack. It's like eighty five bucks for four people. And then I found a code for fifteen percent off from the Twin Cities through a mom. The code is TCFM one five. Very nice, look at you with the the scoop. I did some research, all right. And then number four, if you're looking for something to do. Today, the last day of winter break for everyone, there's an open skating and then a movie at the New Hope Ice Arena. They're playing Muana too. They'll set the screen like on the ice and you can sit in the bleachers with your blankets and coo or whatever.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 10: It's six dollars per person to open skate and they have rentals there, and then the movie is free if you just want to show up for that. That's at ten thirty today, ten thirty one thirty, Yeah, New Hope Ice Arena.
Speaker 2: Hot Dog raw today, like during the daytime. Yeah nice, Okay, in like two hours, you better get those kids up. Yeah.
Speaker 10: And then the last one I have for you is there are a series of live music like blues and bluegrass musicians that'll be playing free concerts at Como Sundays and Wednesdays in January. They'll be set up in the Sunken Garden, which is like the big glass beautiful you know, full of flowers. Yeah yeah, sure, standing room only, but they'll also have like the music cast to the other rooms there so you can check them out.
Speaker 2: They'll have beer and wine.
Speaker 10: It's from four thirty to six thirty on the select days at the Conservatory.
Speaker 2: It's called Music Underglass said, that's Glass Sunday.
Speaker 10: The first one is this Sunday at four thirty, and the Zoo's open till four, so you could go check out the zoo and then go check out the.
Speaker 2: Music car back.
Speaker 1: It could be a busy weekend, so much better than send on the couch. So let's go over these agains in case you missed. And by the way, if you miss any, they'll be on Stephanie dot Rosner R O S E N E R Stephanie Rosner on Instagram if you want to check those out.
Speaker 2: All righty.
Speaker 10: Number one was Gingerbread Wonderland, set up at the Norway House through next week. A bunch of gingerbread houses.
Speaker 1: I looked up Norway House. It's on Franklin and Minneapolis.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 10: Number two is the Saint Paul Nome Takeover. Go find the Nomes at eight different parks across Saint Paul. Number three is the Ice Castles are at the State Fair that going on now through twenty one February. Number four is Open Skate and Wana two playing today at ten thirty at the New Hope Ice Arena. And number five is Music Underglass, the series of concerts going on at Como Sundays and Wednesdays.
Speaker 1: I love how you do off the beaten path stuff because the first thing I thought it was she can talk about the auto show and the auto show is super cool. Go to everybody knows about the auto show because you know, radio does such a great word a job of getting the word out for the auto show. And you know the jingle, where do you hear the jingle on the radio radio about that radio?
Speaker 2: It was amazing.
Speaker 1: It works and there's some things to do and if you missed them there on Stephanie dot Rosner dot Stephanie dot Rosner on Instagram. Thank you, Stephanie, I appreciate you. It is Tate McCrae on KADIEWB. All right, couple of things. First of all, NFL football on paid platforms. That's a big no for me. I don't like it. I think the NFL makes more than enough money through ticket sales, advertising, ticket sales, merchandising, advertising, beer sells sales, pretzel and wing sales. They don't need to expand to other platforms that you have to pay for.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I guess it's the like a regulation that if your team is local, like the Vikings, they have to be available on free platforms. Oh really, but only if they sell out the game. So if the Vikings didn't sell out, they have not sold out a game since like nineteen sixty four, so I think. But if you want to watch let's say you want to watch the I don't know the Panthers and the Broncos, let's say they're playing, well, then you might have to be a member of Amazon Prime, right, and there were Netflix, and I don't like it at all.
Speaker 3: Our god given American right to be able to watch football when we want, yeah, without having to pay for it.
Speaker 2: No, I agree with everything you're saying.
Speaker 7: I also, though, think that maybe they're testing out what platforms make the most sense nowadays, because a lot of people just don't pay for cable, Like I haven't been able to watch a lot of Packer games because I don't have the channel.
Speaker 2: Oh yes's the thing.
Speaker 1: You do not have to pay for local TV, and that's part of the Federal Communications Commission regulations. Local TV, just like local radio, has to be free. So you can still get local channels. You go down to Walmart by one of them, in tantannas.
Speaker 2: Oh, I used to have one. It doesn't they don't want Oh mine works great, Oh it works.
Speaker 7: It's like, maybe I'll get another one. I used to have one for the longest time. You guys used to make fun of me because, well, there's a difference, Bunny was it.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's a difference. There's the Bunny years. That's what I have.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, Now the ones now look like they look like a clear yardstick and they hang on the back of your TV. And you can get ones that go forty miles, sixty miles, thirty miles whatever, more powerful, and I think they plug into the wall so they're powered, and they'll get like, you know, like channel five dot one, Channel five dot two, Channel five dot all the way up to six or whatever. And you would not believe the number of free channels that are out there, just by going down to Walmart or Target and buying an hd TV antenna and it's all free.
Speaker 2: Jenny, I have one and I can bring it for you. Oh okay, because my mom gave me one.
Speaker 3: She's like, these are the greatest, just like what you were saying, Dave, Like, there's so many channels. I just don't watch a lot of TV, so yeah, you can have mine and curl.
Speaker 7: Has also just speaking of football, not that it's a big game for the Vikings because the Vikings are obviously out of the playoffs, but but the Vikings do play the Packers at home this week still Sunday at noon, so definitely fuel up with some like I don't know, red Bull from holiday station stores before that head over to the game. It's by two get one free by the way right now, if you want to get some energy before going to that game.
Speaker 2: Packers are still the playoff. They're in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: The Vikings are been out for a couple of weeks, so a lot of games this weekend will determine who is going to what you know what seed and what you know what round or whatever.
Speaker 3: I feel bad that they still have to play even though they know they're not going to go to the super bed too.
Speaker 2: Actually, like that's what I'm saying. Yeah, it seems kind of snotty the NFL.
Speaker 1: They're playing for Pride, sure, so it's like a couple of teams that are no longer in the playoffs. It's like, Okay, you go out there and you play for pride.
Speaker 2: I think they're playing more for draft picks at this point. Though. Well that's the thing. You don't want to play for draft picks because then you lose.
Speaker 1: I mean, think about it. Let's say that, you know, like you're a team that's going to like a high draft. Let's say you're the Las Vegas Raiders and you suck and you're like two and sixteen on the year, whatever you are, do you really go out there and try to win because the only thing that winning's going to do is going to give you a worst draft pick. So you'll see a lot of like, you know, Las Vegas Raiders drop in the ball, punting on first down. I think punting on first down is a great strategy to lose a game.
Speaker 3: M hmm.
Speaker 2: You don't even know what that means, do you? Huh? Bailey was day dreaming over there, all right.
Speaker 1: That is the you can't make this stuff up brought to you by the Leo Agency. It is Katie WB. We'll come back with Dave's dirt. We're gonna hear one of the love letters that Travis wrote to Taylor on the Goozles Sweet Coming up next, Dave's Dirt on Katie WB Let's do Dave's dirt and start off with a love story. A love story about America's favorite couple. Bless you, Bailey, it is, of course, Travis and Taylor. During the sixth and final episode of Taylor Swift, The End of an Era, she is gearing up for the final three shows of the tour and she gets a letter from Travis.
Speaker 2: Ah let's listen.
Speaker 8: So many unbelievable memories in this tour, but my favorite one is seeing you in concert for the first time, being memorized, mesmerized and swept off my feet by a woman who doesn't even know me. I selfishly say thank you for creating this legendary tour and to Robert for making you stop through Kansas City, Missouri that night too. In casey was the beginning of me meeting the love of my life.
Speaker 1: Now, the key thing is he wrote that with a crayon, and it was it's one of those.
Speaker 4: Thick crayons, and that he got the eye with the heart instead of the dock.
Speaker 1: He did, and he had to hold the crayon in his fist because he doesn't quite correctly, not as dexterity, not exactly. And the entire time he writes, he has his tongue out.
Speaker 2: He's real hard.
Speaker 3: Listening to Taylor Swift read that out loud reminds me of a TikTok I saw that said, before you let a guy hit it, you got to have him read to you out loud to see if he can do it.
Speaker 2: Oh, tell me more, to see if he can actually read.
Speaker 3: Not that if he can actually read, but like if he's a really crappy reader out loud, and then it'll give you the X so you won't want to That's.
Speaker 2: So true though.
Speaker 4: Back in school when we used to do popcorn reading, there was always one kid that just cannot read aloud.
Speaker 2: That's because some people are scared of public speaking. Excuses were stupid. Sometimes you're just stupid.
Speaker 4: Stupid, stupid Taylor and true Travis, Travis, Travis.
Speaker 2: But it was it was a funny bay.
Speaker 1: That's why Bailey had a copy of Berenstain Bears sitting at her nightstand the other day.
Speaker 2: Bestin Bears, that was also iconic, was so good.
Speaker 7: So there's been a lot of drama going on with the Beckham family. Victoria Beckham, David Beckham, and their son Brooklyn and David went and did a carousel photo post on December thirty first, talking about like the year all that good stuff, and did not have Brooklyn in that post. But I think he realized his mistake as everyone started speculating, because then he posted family photos on his stories that did include Brooklyn, and it said I love you all so much, but if you don't remember a few weeks ago Brooklyn and his wife stopped following like the whole family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lot of drama. I love that kind of drama though.
Speaker 3: Stranger Things and died literally yesterday was the fun finale for Stranger Things. It's been five seasons and like, I don't know, ten years since a Stranger Thing started. The guy who plays the bad guy Vecna, his name is Jamie Campbell Brown, and he has some things to say about portraying then Vecna.
Speaker 8: Was there a.
Speaker 1: Big famous supervillain and pop culture that you.
Speaker 2: Channeled a little bit?
Speaker 5: I mean, for me, I used Doug Bradley as Pinhead in those first three hell Raiser movies, Christopher Lee as Dracula, Gary Oldman even as Dracula. I think those are just references that I probably really like. But I also used other references for this season.
Speaker 2: As well.
Speaker 5: There was a movie that was released in early I think it was twenty twenty something like that called Alone, which I definitely referenced. I referenced a shining this season quite heavily. Funny Games was always a big reference to me, and even a movie like Dark City, which Matt and Ross turned me onto and you know those sort of creatures that are coming, you know in that film.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you have fantastic taste, sir, and I'm excited to watch it.
Speaker 2: Finally, I heard it didn't stick the landing for a season finale.
Speaker 7: I heard that people did like its same, but I also hear that the season finale is like two and a half hours long or something.
Speaker 4: I said, I know people that went to the theater because they did select screenings. They did showings for this finale, but it was a damon near movie, no truly. J Lo opened up her show, The Vegas Residency, and here's her poking fund in herself and some of the things people are saying about her online the internet.
Speaker 2: Why do we do this to ourselves?
Speaker 7: I do laugh at some of the things sometimes because they do say funny things too. Why when she takes pictures she always smiles with her mouth open.
Speaker 2: Why shows nicking? People don't listen to me. You look at me. I think they got expensive and I am. I am expensive, but I got my own money.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I think Jay's I think she's trying to keep the appeal of j Low right now, because right now I'd look at you out for her.
Speaker 2: But like I get the whole thing of like, well, if you had this body, you'd be naked too. Yeah for sure I would. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying for her to go on stage making fun of the things people are making fun of her about other than her relationships and on and off with Ben what's his name, Ben.
Speaker 2: Ben Athleas, Yeah, funny for a second.
Speaker 4: No, no, no.
Speaker 2: Other than that, I think she's just trying to keep the appeal.
Speaker 1: I gonna do a birthday shout out thirteenth birthday on Sunday Rory Rounds. What a great name, Have the best day, Love Mom, Wyatt, Aaron, Jen and Dad. Rory Rounds thirteen on Sunday Movies. I started with the Vacation Break Knives Out, the New Knives Out. It was OK, it was like that's what That's what Carson said. Yeah, we went and saw The Housemaid. It was great, love the Housemaid. There's things I want to say about it, but I don't want to spoil anything in The Housemaid. And also, Marty Supreme was weird and not so good, and I know some people loved it, but I gave it a one point five out of five stars because there was no plot and he's an unlikable less o b uh, and I didn't want to cheer for him. I really kept hoping that he would be crushed by a steamroller and it never really happened. Like, yeah, so your friends said they saw They kind of thought the same thing. Yeah, also said it was like bad. He just said, yeah, I saw Marty Supreme bad, Like that's all he said.
Speaker 3: Really, And we were like, oh, oh wow, okay, because I thought it looked interesting because it was like set in the sixties, so I thought, at least for the vibes. But if you say that, like, oh it there, he's unlikable just for unlikable sake. They're all talking at the same time. It just sounds like, here, let's make this feel like real life. Well, it's a movie. It's not supposed to feel like.
Speaker 1: Artsy in the way that when they when they filmed it. They had so many people talking at the same time deliberately, yeah, which is how people really talk when.
Speaker 2: They're are.
Speaker 3: Like this.
Speaker 2: At the same time, Like I don't want to hear that.
Speaker 1: It was very can vincing anyway. So the best movie that I saw was The Housemaid.
Speaker 2: I'm excited. I want to see it. I think i'll see it on Saturday.
Speaker 4: I did start watching together with a Dave Franco Alison Brie. I don't know if it was fat and that said that didn't seem like they have chemistry. I kind of see it, but I have to finish the movie before I give a full analysis. I'll let you know not tomorrow Monday.
Speaker 2: Is that it like a rom com? No, No, it's like a very body Colleen Hoover, It's like a weird body thriller.
Speaker 3: I did see another TikTok. I spend a lot of time on TikTok over break. That said, the like rom com is dying because they keep casting people who are too beautiful and they need to cast like regular looking people in rom kongs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's hard to believe that this person is so heartbroken when they are so genetically gifted, right.
Speaker 3: So it turns it into like a high fantasy when everybody is so good looking and they're all in love and you want it to just feel like that could be me.
Speaker 2: And so they need to start casting like regular looking people. Be like that movie everybody was ugly.
Speaker 3: No, I feel like Billy Crystal. And when Harry met saw that dude is not hot. But when Harry mets all, you're like, what if.
Speaker 2: A point? All right? That is the