Speaker 1: Billy cunning in the Great America, and welcome to this floor. Is sunny Wednesday after being in the tri States, and of course Joe Black goes dominating the news athletically, and according to Tony Benner and others, they have their sources deep in the bowels of the Bengals locker room. Looks like Joe Flack, who's going to start on Sunday in Green Bay. The four to twenty five start gives him an extra maybe three hours to get ready. So I don't know how big the playbook's going to be, but he's got an extra three hours to do a little bit better than Jake the Snake Browning. But other than that, we got big issues happening in River City, including the mayor's race, and of course half to have pure of all is running. He looks good, he smells good, he dresses well. But the policies stink. But that's a different issue. And joining you nine now is the Republican candidate for mayor, Corey Bowman. And Corey welcome again to the Bill Cunningham showing first of all as a father, as a business owner in the West End, as kind of a normal person. Why in the hell do you want to do this When Kamala Harris got seventy seven percent of the vote in the election in the city of Cincinnati, What is Corey Bowman, the half brother of JD. Vance, want to be the mayor of Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Well, Bill, first off, thank you so much for having us on. You know, early voting just started yesterday. Me and my wife went to the Board of Elections and we voted. I will tell you who I vote for, but I'm a little bias. You could probably figure that out, you know. As far as me, you know, I've been you know, pastoring and business owner in the downtown area for about five years now. You raised in the area, and for me, you know, just like many people on both sides of the Yasle, we love this city. We love the potential of this city. We love the sports of this city except when we're playing and then we kind of debate that every week. But besides that, you know, we we care about the policies that affect the residents of this city. And what I think is happening in city Hall is that people have lost sight of what truly impacts the residents of the downtown area. To neighborhoods of our city, and that's what we've got to bring it back to. You know, for me, my opinion is that city Hall is nothing but glorified custodians. We've got the keys to the city. We need to keep the streets clean, we need to keep the streets safe. We need to get a handle on crime from a city perspective, and we need to make sure the money is spent properly. And when you look through the budget of the city, when you look at the crime that's happening in our city, when you look at the potholes everywhere, you can tell that people have lost sight of what truly needs to be prioritized at city Hall. And that's why we're running well.
Speaker 1: We had another terrible event on the heart of the city, of course, is Fountain Square, another event in which shots fired. I saw a lot of cones out, maybe twenty to thirty cones. Two people are involved a gunplay on Fountain Square. And every time I talk to city council members, they tell me crime is down, crime is down. Are the books cooked in the city of Cincinnati to give us a defined result? So to have pierreval and others can run on the idea that crime is down. What everyone knows crime is up. Are the books being cooked at city council?
Speaker 2: Well, this is what I hear from city council a lot, is that the perception of people is their reality and so it's perceived as unsafe. Well, you know, we used to counsel in our church a lot of youth in the inner city. And if a kid came in with a black eye that he said that, you know, his father, his mother, you know, beat him the night before. We don't look at that child and say that their perception is their reality. We know that their reality is their reality, and we do something about it. So to tell people that, oh, it's only a perception that downtown is unsafe, but yet, you know, Fountain Square got shot up last night. We've had three shootings in three days, two of them were hobicides. Then that's a slap in the face to people, to business owners, to single moms, to families that are living in the area that experience this on a day to day base. You know, you asked, are we cooking the books? What I will tell you is that at our church on Clark Street in the West End, we've had three instances where forty to sixty shots have come by the street and they have run into car windows, into residents' homes, and a lot of it gets reported as just simply property damage. Right it's not even being reported properly. And then a lot of people don't even call nine one one anymore in the West End specifically, because we know it's not going to get dispatched properly. These are administrative failures that's happening from the top down, and that's why we're running.
Speaker 1: Two thousand cars are reported it's dolen. There's probably thirty to forty thousand car break ins in the city of Cincinnati. According to shot spotter, there's at least twenty thousand bullets flying around the city every year. Think about a number of twenty thousand bullets flying around that are picked up by shot spotter. There's thousands more not picked up by shot spotter. We have a police force down about twenty percent, and so if crime is down supposedly twenty percent, it's only down because twenty percent fewer cops are arresting people. If cops aren't available to arrest anyone, of course, crime is going to be down because cops are not arresting anyone. Plus, can you address yourself to solutions. One of the solutions a lemon kearney and have to have puival, is to have a program where arm robbers are paid about one thousand dollars a month not to commit armed robberies and are giving travel vouchers to other cities to enjoy themselves to get out of the cauldron of the city of Cincinnati. You think it's a good idea to pay arm robbers one thousand dollars a month of tax payer money not to commit more arm robberies? Is that a good idea?
Speaker 2: Well, I'll say this, if you're paying arm robbers, then a lot of people might choose a different profession to try to get benefits of that payment in the next few weeks ahead. But I will say this that we do have solutions for this, and these solutions come from the people that are boots on the ground. You know when you say that phrase crime is doubt, I've said to cop after cop that city Hall states that crime is down, and immediately, I'm telling you right now, every single one of them roll their eyes emphatically whenever they hear that, because they know it's not true. They know that they are trying to come up for air every night. I've had officers that come in to my shop and they'll look at me and say, if you don't win, I'm going to consider early retirement because it is a craftstorm of what's happening from the administration. These are officers that care about our city, that got into the job to be able to protect and serve, and so our solutions from the top down are we're going to allow the police offers to enforce the law. We're going to remove any of these divisive initiatives like Actor SINCI or three to one one or art programs that divide the police department from the communities that they want to serve. And then we're going to totally look at the ECC, the Emergency Communication Center, and make sure that our call takers are dispatchers in our administration in that department is going to be run by people that have police experience and know what they're doing. We're going to be doing a lot when it comes to that, but I think the biggest aspect is allowing the cops to do their job. Because I talked with an officer right before the WBN fireworks and I asked them, Hey, is there anything that we need to make aware on social media to give you guys some help, Like do we need to call in for help from the state, Do we need to call in for help from other sources? And the officer looked at me and said, we just want to be able to do our job. And that is the general consensus of what I get from CPD. They're not asking for help from the state or federal They're just asking to be able to do their jobs effectively. And every decision that's being made from the administration has political aspects of it, and they hate that. They just want to be able to protect and serve Corey Bowman.
Speaker 1: As far as your relationship, your half brother is JD. Vance. I mentioned earlier that Kamala Harris got seventy seven percent of the vote in the city of Cincinnati. Is your brother's presences the vice president of the United States? Is that a positive or a negative in the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Well, for me, my relationship with my brother is always going to be positive. I'm never gonna be ashamed of where my brothers come from and where he's taken himself because in just such a short amount of time, he's come from abject poverty, coming from the struggles that many people in the nation know about, to then going to the Marine Corps and then going to graduating early from Ohio State University from Yale, and then rising up to the Vice President of the United States as a family member. I'm so proud of where he's come from. But at the same time, I need people to understand that we're running this race not as like a plant from the federal government. We're running this race because we are trying to do our part to help our city. And that's exactly why we're running.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you thought about bringing your brother into help with the campaign.
Speaker 2: My brother loves Cincinnati. You know, when we talk, I will tell people this is that at the end of the day, I need to have a brother, you know, more than a political advisor. Because we talk about our kids, we talk about you know, Star Wars, we talk about all these other things. And he's got a lot of bigger fish for fry whenever he's in the position that he's in, and so when we have those moments together, that's what we talk about. Now when it comes to help, he's completely on board with what we're doing. He's endorsed us, But I think that this has to be a race that we're running and showing people that we're running this for Cincinnati because the opposition that my opponent is trying to use the city and trying to use all these positions to try to get up to a higher level in DC, whether it be a cabinet position or whatever. I'm not trying to do that. I'm actually just trying to use my relationship with the SS to try to impact Cincinnati in a positive way.
Speaker 1: When I talked to business owners, there is one on the banks that was in the Inquirer day. It's like a mini martive sorts. He said. Every day, there's six to ten fe every day coming in. He said. He started using cameras. It turns out to be twenty to thirty thefts every day from his store, he said, calling the police, Cincinni Police, this is at the banks. This isn't maybe in price Ill somewhere. It's worthless because they have so many thieves coming into a store that people walk in, take his tough and leave. And of course he's about to leave the banks because he can't live like that. You have many other individuals who were in Oakley and at Hyde Park that had massive car break ins. They don't call the police. They hit the nine to one one picked up, Okay, we'll send a car. A car doesn't come, and then they call back and say I like to make a police report, and then nine to one operator will say, well, we'll note that. And so there's a feeling in the citizens of Cincinnati that when crime takes place, it will not be memorialized, it will not be noted. If the police are demoralized, they don't show up. If you've been hired the past five years, you're told as a police officer in Cincinnati, don't pull people over for speeding violations or minor traffic. You might have to go hand on because there's no license. If your car is broken into, a just deal with the insurance company. If your store is robbed repeatedly, maybe the store owner said in the banks fifty to sixty times a week he has known thieves enter his store a week. So over a month, we're talking about two to three hundred thefts, none of which are recorded. So it's not surprising that crime is down. Also, when cops tell me there's been two people taking their curfew violation centers because the kids are now telling the cops how old are you? I'm eighteen? Okay, you got your ID with you? I don't have any ID. Cops can't arrest anybody on a curfew, and cops don't want to arrest anybody on a curfew. So shots are fired, blood running in the streets. Shopkeepers are being looted, Individuals are having violation of their personal space in their cars. Bullets are flying into homes. None of this is recorded as crime because they don't call the police. And so how do you respond to the mayor? Tomorrow night at Xavier there's a big, great debate there and I'm sure the Democratic Party has already stocked the audience in order to say patting themselves on the back. I looked this morning in the inquiry lemon Kearney and others are talking about crime is down, crime is down, crime is down. It is a lie. How do you tell the truth when the entire media in this town and others are treating this issue of crime as if it is something better than it's been in the past, when we know it isn't. Ben Now you got me a little bit fired up. I wish we had citizens who would actually report crime and the city would note what's being done. And like on Fountain Square, I saw about twenty eight cones on Fountain Score at five point thirty pm yesterday. I'm watching Shriek Palolo last night, and once again on Fountain Square there's a sense that it's the ok Corral. We have people being robbed, we have women being sexually assauted, we have cars being broken into, we have businesses being looted, and the city's mayor act as if I see here and speak no evil? How do you deal with all that? Tomorrow night? There's a question in there somewhere.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm telling you, Bill, what's been happening on the streets. Every single thing that you just mentioned that is what the citizens of Cincinnati are experiencing. And what you said is how are people reporting crime? How are people doing this? If people are fed up, this is what they have to do. They have to go to the Board of Elections during early voting, and they have to make their voice heard. We have a debate tomorrow night. It's not so much just focusing on the bat of the past. We've got to focus on the hope for a future. And I think that's what many people in Cincinnati have lost. When everybody saw Joe Burrow run his foot, run his toe, that everybody lost hope. When everybody saw that final inning of the second game against the Dodgers. There's a lot of hope that gets lost. And when people are seeing what's happening in our city, a lot of hope is getting lost. But I'm here to tell people we have plans, we have policies. We know this isn't rocket science. We can bring this city back. We can be able to help our communities, the ones in low poverty, that are business owners, the people that have expressed their interests that they're tired of where the city is going. We can actually make a difference. And this starts with this election. Get educated on what the city council members that are running stand for, and then you have a choice between Aft Purvall and Corey Bowman. And I'm asking every single person Unlike the other side, I don't feel that I'm entitled to a vote. I don't feel that I'm entitled to somebody putting a sign in their yard or getting the word out. But what I will do is work my butt off to say I want to earn that vote. We have policies, we have plans, and we have a heart for this city and we're not going to look at party lines. We're going to look at what's going on Cincinnati. And if that's the case with what you feel, then I would encourage every single person get out and vote. Vote, vote for Corey Bowman for mayor Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: What does your website? Many want to know if they want to get involved in help. What is your website of any.
Speaker 2: The website is Coreybowman dot com and Cory bow We've got all of our structure in place. Every financial contribution from here on out is going toward ads, and it's going toward getting the word out to as many people as possible that there's an election happening November fourth, and that we actually have a choice. Because you're mentioning seventy seven percent of the vote went the other way for the presidential election. This is because people don't see a point in voting in the city of Cincinnati. But there's a sleeping giant of conservative values. There's a sleeping giant of people that are moderate, that see common sense on both sides, and they want to get out and make their voices heard. I'm telling people you've got a choice on November fourth, get out and vote, vote, vote.
Speaker 1: All right, Corey Bowman, thank you. Your opponent looks good, smell is good, acts great, but he stinks as the mayor. Let's continue, Corey Bowman, You're a great American. And thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Corey, Thank you, Bill, to you and all your listeners. It's not or being on.
Speaker 1: God bless America. Let's continue with more and there it is. And do I have hope, Yes, I always have hope. I always have hope. Look at the Yankees last night, losing six to one, and everyone stood up for Aaron Judge and guess what the Yankees won. And I know Paul O'Neill is happy about that. That's a different story. But the city must be saved and Corey Bowman is the man that can save it. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred WLW