Speaker 1: H Nascar, the Yellowood, five hundred Talladega. It's happening this weekend, and it's an excuse for us to put money on the line. Ladies and gentlemen. We can't wait a week and go to Vegas and bet and I we have to do it today, and we're about to. I see the magic wheel of fortune. I see he meets us, I see myself. I see Mark Parrish. It went it went away. I see the weather.
Speaker 2: I don't think Zacheber on there.
Speaker 1: It's it's easy to just forget you. I'm sorry you. Martie Gillarney's on there, Tommy Olsen's on there, Mike Missimon, Mussman. Even though he talks about, oh you guys have a problem, there.
Speaker 3: He is, he's always there is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there he is.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna do some betting momentarily, looks work out. We're bringing them in now there's muscling. But Perry, what do you guys? Oh, Marns, you look so cute and so so what snuggly? Look at you all snuggled out. You gotta big old sweater there? What's that saying? Yeah, Megan Maloney, it's Megan Maroone. She's great you know that's on brand for a h Why is the wheel spinning?
Speaker 2: Uh? Don't don't do that.
Speaker 4: Of course.
Speaker 1: He led it on me, Chris Hokey, Hi see him? Hi mustlin Bi. Guys, we're doing good. You don't look as snugly as she does.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, but I believe me.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of snuggles going on here.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, good good. I can't we can't see below your chest.
Speaker 5: So wait, hold on a second, guy, hold on what yelling? Tommy Olsen is on here and I'm hearing water? Are you in the Is Tommy in the showers right now?
Speaker 2: At the gym? No?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Why is there water running?
Speaker 3: It's okay, stop it, minnie ha ha, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 4: Getting grinder in.
Speaker 1: Please change the view. Grinder. Did you see that view?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I just saw what.
Speaker 5: I just.
Speaker 1: Stop stop.
Speaker 2: Close, are just sloud?
Speaker 1: I've never wanted to see that.
Speaker 4: You sure do? I feel like I should say it if.
Speaker 1: You're not watching Cafe dot com slash watch. Congratulations. Yeah, Parish, you with your short hair, you look like a businessman. Look at you?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I feel like a businessman.
Speaker 1: Look at you?
Speaker 2: Bright and at it?
Speaker 1: Do we have to see a Crutch tom Tommy, Tommy, do we have to ask for it?
Speaker 2: I don't think I did.
Speaker 1: I've never been so glad calling on my phone and so this big Yeah, that's pretty normal, that's normally Larry, Larry, Here we go.
Speaker 6: Can we go back ten seconds to where Parish said he's up and early and Brighten.
Speaker 3: Adam Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, thanks Marny, thanks Marning slide, could let that slide?
Speaker 1: Okay? So, so Thomas is on the treadmill and everybody else is super comfy and we are ready to do some bet and we got to Nascar fiends and.
Speaker 5: All right, quick roll call Hawk, liber Me must Tommy, Marnie, Parrish meets us.
Speaker 2: Are we missing anybody? No? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Did crisl not respond?
Speaker 2: Craesel did not respond?
Speaker 1: Okay? So no?
Speaker 2: And h and Bonus late scratch okay.
Speaker 1: And Fargo said he wanted to take Chase Elliott, but I don't see him on here, so I don't think he could be on. So he doesn't get the bet?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Did he let me text him real quick? Yeah? It's okay, okay, what is that?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 3: Treadmill?
Speaker 7: I think it's a treadmill. I think it's the sound of the gym.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, it's just the treadmill.
Speaker 2: How's the dude, sitcha.
Speaker 1: How's the meat market? I'm telling you, you know, lots of people are seeing me right now, right, okay, all right now, I just want to make sure oink good good. Okay. So we are betting. We all have the list of drivers. I'm gonna guess, and it's the Yellowood five hundred. It's it's on Sunday, it's at Talladay. It's one of the most fun races of the reason we bet on these in particulars because yeah, really could just throw the dice and find out who's gonna win, because there's going to be at least two giant crashes to take out half the field. So it is the definition of gambling. And since most of you aren't going to Vegas with us next week, we have to gamble on the computer.
Speaker 2: All right, are we ready to go? Everybody? Let's do it. Yeah, So what how many lamps is it? What's the bitch? So?
Speaker 5: Uh well, it's five hundred miles, it's two hundred laps, yeah, and uh the the bet is fifty dollars a person. But the only way it pays out is if one of us, one of our drivers going too soon, got to win. Somebody in the field wins the it's all a wash. So basically, you want your driver to win. If not, you want the field to win. You get to root on somebody. Either way, the winner take all all. That's right, that's right, all right, we do.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna spend that wheel. First person to get picked. Let we go the wheelss pang the wheels.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on, come on.
Speaker 1: Learning down, Oh, come on, come on, it's rigged, zach he go. It's just for golf. I'd be mad, but it really doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I mean, and we know who he's taking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we sure do. Joey leg that's right. And Joey Logano, Yes, he is your on here. He's a plus one thousand, so he's one of the favorites. But again, he could get a flat tire or end up upside down in the stands.
Speaker 2: You just never know.
Speaker 1: Let's help not, but it could happen up next the wheel of spinning NASCAR bets. Oh weird. I've got the two experts. I don't know about that. I got Austin Cindrick like that.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 2: I'm going to thank you in uh one in the spring yep.
Speaker 1: And I I just like him on these super speed bays.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, there's a lot of luck involved putting yourself in the right place to right, you know.
Speaker 2: So penskes are always near the front.
Speaker 1: Those darn penskes.
Speaker 7: You know what you guys went to four guys. I'm gonna go Chevy guy. I'm gonna go Chase Elliott.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: That's that's a good pick. That is a good pick.
Speaker 4: Studio this morning.
Speaker 2: Apparently, I guess.
Speaker 1: That's what he does. That's that's right.
Speaker 2: Just one couple of weeks ago, fastest.
Speaker 1: Lap ever on a race course by NASCAR driver was his dad at this racetrack.
Speaker 6: Oh, there we go, let's see talladegas.
Speaker 4: I know about it.
Speaker 2: It's a great Eric Church song.
Speaker 4: I love Ricky Bobby.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go Denny.
Speaker 1: Hamlin, Denny Hamlin Man Toyota after your thoughts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean he's uh, he just won last week. He's got his good chance to anybody. They might you know, it depends on if they want to play more conservative this week, and because they already booked themselves in the final three, but their final four, I should say, but obviously good pick.
Speaker 2: Then he's a great driver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it, good pick, good job.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 7: How about were four people in yet? And according to this list, nobody's taken the favorite?
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 3: The top two favorite? Right, I've never heard of the guy on this list. That's the favorite. I've never heard of that guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's okay, okay, go ahead's been that wheel?
Speaker 2: Baby?
Speaker 1: There goes four people left? When I'm on a treadmill, Berson his enter thighs.
Speaker 4: H.
Speaker 3: I don't know because I don't have a pen is Ryan Blaney available?
Speaker 2: Take that guy. He's the favorite on Draft King.
Speaker 1: I like Ryan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's awesome. Another Penske driver and always near the front. Ted some bad luck last week. We hope for hope for some better luck this week.
Speaker 1: That's right, spinning the wheel?
Speaker 3: Three left?
Speaker 1: Oh is it gonna be Marni ar Dommy it is?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 9: I will take uh Bill Bill Bryan Bill Byron.
Speaker 1: That'd be William Byron. That's the favorite.
Speaker 2: Favorite's the favorite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good pig.
Speaker 2: That's a good pick.
Speaker 1: Bill big Billy Billy Billy.
Speaker 2: Byron why didn't he go with Billy? That's a good point.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That's a good question. That's good. Anybody found you are as you're on that treadmill right now? Okay, there's like that was imagine you gotta go. He's busy. Tell can you imagine how many of his neighbors saw his anatomy when he was he does to us on that radio?
Speaker 2: Yeah all of them?
Speaker 1: Okay, only two people left. It's Perry and marsh here goes slowing down. Oh no, oh it's Marty. I'm Marty well first in honor of Tommy the identical who.
Speaker 4: Insult to me or him?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 7: As Paris likes to say, the early worm gets the bird, and you're.
Speaker 4: You got your Ford guys, you got your Chevy guys.
Speaker 1: I'm more of a Lexus guy, understood.
Speaker 4: So I'm going to take Lexus driver Kyle.
Speaker 1: Larson, that's his nickname, is Kyle Lexis Larsen. So great, No, it's not your backyard's lovely back there.
Speaker 4: The pools closed.
Speaker 1: But that's okay, falls a great time.
Speaker 2: Keep the pool open, Marns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you seen.
Speaker 4: The overnight lows? It's gonna freeze.
Speaker 1: Eventually doesn't the water runs not yet, doesn't seem like yesterday. We were sitting out there and it was hot and we were having a good time.
Speaker 2: So the pools is the toilet open?
Speaker 4: Wow, the toilet will be getting winterized.
Speaker 2: It open?
Speaker 1: Thank you later, thank you Mars bag and a half of candy. Oh, I definitely will. Yeah, it'll be already digested. I'll leave it in toilet. Must have hung up, she hung up. Everybody PARI to pick hi potty.
Speaker 2: And since I'm not in and I don't have a piece of.
Speaker 6: Paper, uh, the only name I know is is Richard Petty still available?
Speaker 2: No, he's taking the Lord now he's about Tom Petty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's he's on the dream though.
Speaker 2: I mean, okay, well then how about you somebody their.
Speaker 5: House Christopher Bell Brad Tyler Reddick. That might be your guy. I go, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Like that name.
Speaker 1: Are you going Tyler Reddick? I'm thinking Reddick.
Speaker 2: I like that name.
Speaker 1: That sounds that's I like that name, Tyler Redick. There you go. So there we've got our picture, and thank you, my.
Speaker 4: Man, Thank you all. See you guys tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Game tomorrow. There you go. Has that was running the Initials game tomorrow. By the way, Hey, he's out there.
Speaker 2: You go, I'm out Friday, you go Nascar?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna do you watch it at all? I mean I will be working, But I mean is that something you would watch if you were at home? Ben? Yeah, yeah, I love the big tracks. Well, the big tracks are fun, crazy. Yeah, watch a second of it. There's football on, man, don't.
Speaker 7: You aren't you the guy with multiple TVs? You can I'll be at the game.
Speaker 2: Bupa.
Speaker 7: You getting a lot of football in this weekend. You got a football game tomorrow night, and you the Vikings game.
Speaker 1: I know, it's exciting. It's exciting. And then turning around and will be in La before you know it for another football game. I know, yeah, quick turnaround. It is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: On the plane on Wednesday, a lot of traveling. It's kind of weird. It's like, I'm actually excited for that now, me too. I you know, it took me about a week and I'm like, I'm so glad that we had to buy a week and I didn't have to be on the plane anywhere and whatever. It's kind of but now I'm like I'm excited again to go travel and jump on the plane.
Speaker 1: I agree. Yeah, And by the way, we do LA and then I drive to Vegas for the partrip and then now we're going to Detroit the week after that.
Speaker 2: Yep, got what a tough stretch.
Speaker 1: Well, it's pretty tough.
Speaker 3: And then Baltimore might be healthy by the time you play them at the end of but they might be dis like mentally done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, yeah, that seem like it. Yeah, So anyway, we get to talk to dot com toom. So let's take a break, we'll come back, we'll reset everybody, and we will actually talk a little more football with NFL Networks. Tom tells, thanks to our friends at Bell Banks Partrop Morning Show eight fifteen on the Fan.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back, Hey, Roobs.
Speaker 5: This football season, Bell Bank is giving one cafe and listener each week one thousand dollars to pay it forward to a charity of their choices. Head over to cafe dot com creed contest, learn more and enter today. That's Cafe dot com creed contest.
Speaker 1: Thank you, No Bank, that's awesome, Thank you Bell Banking. Before we bring in our guest who has brought to you by Bell Bank, let's go ahead and get that done. Nate Ryan nominated the organization Old Loss Foundation. That's a Child Loossfoundation dot org. Uh. They're here to walk alongside grieving parents who've lost their child. They offer healing and connection, a Child Loss retreats, financial assistance through Child Lost, the Child Loss Believe Fund, and Child Loss at Work helps greeming employees transition back to work. Imagine that an organization who helps people go through the worst possible scenario. Thank you Nate for nominating them. Thank you Bell Bank for continuing to pay it forward. We love you, Bell Bank. Nominate your charity again. Go to KFE dot com and just put in the keyword contest or the keyword bell either one of them work and nominate your charity. And thank you once again to Bell Bank for bringing in our friend Tom Pellasero of the NFL Network. Let's see how he looks today. Hi Tom, looking good, buddy. Well you're needed. He's needed every week, every week. And you know what Zach's doing this. We got you. You look ten compared to me. Look at you.
Speaker 2: You look tan.
Speaker 4: I was in LA for a week. If it made a point to see see the sunshine a little bit.
Speaker 9: I got back on a red eye about three hours ago landing at at MSP. So I'm holding it together. I kept myself awake strictly for this, so.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that. Were you out there telling Goodell and some things he needs to do better.
Speaker 9: I was out there hosting the Rich Eisen Show for several days, which was a ton of fun.
Speaker 4: Always great being out there and great being.
Speaker 9: In studio for the bright and early Sunday morning show, which starts at four am Pacific ahead of those lending games. So the old two am wake up call was delightful, but you know, also not a bad thing to be done with work at five fifteen.
Speaker 1: Amen. Now, am I right? Are the studios right across the street from the studio from the stadium right there?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's basically on the premises of Sofi Stadium. It's out there by the old Forum where theres played once upon a time in Inglewood. So, uh, this is the only week of the entire calendar. I believe that neither LA team was at home. I was like, oh, I'll go see some people. It's like, no, that everyone's gone. So that didn't quite work out, but everything else was good.
Speaker 1: I bet the studios are pretty nice. Huh.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean there's uh so, we've got like a full locker room set up at the NFL network studios. Like literally, like if you walk in an NFL locker room, it looks exactly like that.
Speaker 4: You've got you know, a little safe and all this stuff.
Speaker 9: And yesterday I was in there because I'm not in La, you know a ton, and I was like, oh, I wonder just.
Speaker 4: Like random, I'm like, I'm gonna open this drawer.
Speaker 9: I'm like, oh, here's like all the stuff that I've been trying to figure out where it's been. I don't know when I decided to leave a bunch of socks and a belt and stuff.
Speaker 4: I'm like, hey, all right, I guess I'll bring this stuff home now. So uh yeah, but it's it's a very it's a very nice set up there.
Speaker 2: Are you part of the million mile club with how much you travel?
Speaker 4: I'm getting close.
Speaker 9: I'm at eight hundred some thousands, so we're getting Yeah, we're getting there. I don't travel as much as I used to. It's a lot of hard miles. When you cover the NFL. There's not a lot of you know, halfway around the world types of trips. But you know, those those there and backs from Green Bay and Cleveland.
Speaker 4: They add up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no doubt, Tom, I want to throw a giant softball at you since we're talking about what you just did in La rich Eisen he seems like a guy that would be awesome to hang out with. He just seems like the nicest guy. He gets along with everybody. He can have a Hollywood celeb and know the right buttons to push when it comes to sports.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 7: It's not always off the cuff. There's some prepared stuff and all that. But it's like it doesn't matter who he has in studio. He can talk to anybody.
Speaker 4: He doesn't You're You're exactly right. I think they're rich.
Speaker 9: And I say this obviously I'm biased, because you know, it's it's fantastic that he allows me to come out there when he's a you know, a broad calling games and I get to come in and do his show. I think he's one of the best interviewers of all time. You know the fact that yes he can have you know, Billy Bob Thornton, Tim Robbins, he had Charlie Sheen in recently and unearthed some story that's never been told, never been told in detail. It's a very very unique skill set. They got a great, great set up out there in El Segundo too. I mean you walk through the halls of that place, it's just photos of all the celebrities and whatnot that have come through those hallways.
Speaker 4: So absolutely, yeah, Rich is awesome. He's the best. I think that he's, you know, one of the best people on TV.
Speaker 9: And certainly again, like I said, you know, in terms of the best interviewers I've ever heard, he is right up there.
Speaker 2: Okay, now that we're all done with that, let's get it. Let's get into the real meet up everything.
Speaker 6: I think you are the greatest interviewers of all time. So true touche.
Speaker 7: But listen, I the thing is like, he's been on my mind because I watch a lot of his stuff and I was like, oh cool, I'll ask you, and I know again that's why I'm like, this is a softball question. Of course, you're not going to say anything you know negative about him. You get you love guys. Answer Rich, well, Obviously, the biggest topic around here is the Vikings quarterback situation, and I think you know the other part of the storyline is this is that you know, for the first time I think ever we've saw Kaoc get frustrated with a question and really kind of shows some irritation on an answer. So let me ask you, like, is it justified that he would be sort of annoyed by this constant barrage of what we're asking, like, because it does seem like they're being coy about who the starting quarterback is going to be against the Eagles, which is a big deal. Like how do you feel about sort of the question, the answer and then the interests from everybody about who's going to start?
Speaker 4: I read the quotes.
Speaker 9: I didn't see Ko's presser yesterday, but here's what I would say. You know your starting point with this with JJ McCarthy, there's two aspects of it. Number one, get him fully healthy. And I reported on Sunday and I saw JJ confernby yesterday. He's not one hundred percent. The ankle is not one hundred percent right now. It was a significant high ankle sprain. It was a real injury. He was in a walking boot for a week. You know, those things take time to get all the way back. But then step two is also getting him ready. Healthy and ready are two different things, and so you know, yesterday was the first time and they had the bonus practice on Monday, but yesterday was the first time that he was really fully integrating into a practice. You know, they need to ramp him up and get him into the right place where they feel not just that he can play, but that he's ready to play well. And I think that you know, the urgency that other teams you know, might show at times, or other coaches and feeling public pressure about like, well, he's your guy, play.
Speaker 4: Him when he's healthy.
Speaker 9: You know, I give I give Kao credit for you know, doing the hard thing here. You know, it would be very easy to go, Okay, well we got to show everybody that JJ's our guys. Let's let's push him up there. No like you know that that's how you ruin young quarterbacks. And so make sure that from an operational perspective as well as a health perspective, that he's ready to roll. Make sure his mobility that that's the number one thing right now coming off a high ankles prayer, just that his mobility is back, because it's a big part of his game. And they're just they're not going to force him onto the field. And so you know, we'll see how this week of practice goes. The fact that Carson Wentz was fully yesterday despite that left shoulder injury would probably point the arrow toward Carson Wentz, you know, a revenge game against the Eagles on Sunday here, But that doesn't mean that JJ has been soft benched or you know, they're they're looking for an excuse. It's like, get the guy healthy, but then also get him ready. And you know, again I give Ko credit for doing the difficult thing here, which is explained to everybody no matter how many times he's asked the question. It's like, we want to make sure the guy's ready to go out and play well, you know, and until he gets to that point, you know, I don't think that you know, quite frankly, I don't thinknybody should argue that a guy who's less than one hundred percent at that position, who just has missed so many reps like JJ has, should be out there. You know, if you need Carson Wentz to go for another week, two weeks, three weeks, whatever it is, you roll them out there. Make sure that JJ, when he actually gets back on the field, is going to be the quarterback that they believe that he can be in the long run.
Speaker 3: Here, Uh, Tom, The team they play this weekend is the Philadelphia Eagles. And if you look at the way that the Philadelphia Eagles have gotten to four and two, obviously they won four straight, they've lost two straight, but they've beat the Rams, the Chiefs, They've beat some great teams. But there's a ton of turmoil there, like, what is going on with that team? With the way that Saquon barely gets any touches? AJ Brown is upset? What is going on with that team? Just in general?
Speaker 9: The Saquon thing is is definitely eye opening. I would say, you know, the fact that two weeks ago he gets one carry for zero yards in the second half of a game that they're up to touchdowns, I mean, that just doesn't make a whole lot of logical sense. The Aj Brown thing, I mean, you know, it's been going this direction. He's basically had one half of really productive football this season, and everything else is just kind of felt like they're not totally in rhythm.
Speaker 4: There's no doubt, you know, there's things they're just not quite clicking.
Speaker 9: Of the Eagles right now, they're coming off of remember Thursday night games, they've got the longer week, they've had an opportunity to go back and do some self evaluations.
Speaker 4: I imagine they'll tweak some things this week.
Speaker 9: I would just remind everybody that this is an Eagles team that every year seems to have some type of turmoil. It's either they fall apart down the stretch, which happened a couple of years ago, or they're struggling in the early going, which happened last year and happened a few years ago. And you know, usually they kind of figure these things out. It's a challenge for Nick Sirianni. I don't think that anybody is immediately leaping to where you've got to trade aj Brown or you really got to shake things up. Howie Rosevean's a really aggressive GM, you know. I know that he's working the phones like he always is right now. But they feel like they've got a core. I mean, this is the group that ran the Chiefs off the field the Super Bowl back in February, and everyone's going like, how's anybody going to beat these guys for years to come? They're still four and two, there's still you know, at the top of that division. They're still in the position where everything's out there in front of them. There is no doubt they got a lot to figure out. But they're also in a you know, a sequence here where every year they have a new play caller. Every year, there's something different operationally with their offense. They're going through it right now. You know, history would tell you they're probably going to figure this thing out. And if you're the Vikings, you just hope that this isn't the week how that happens.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean that is my one of my biggest concerns, just based on the comments from the players after their first day of practice, you're coming back this week yesterday?
Speaker 2: I mean they seem fired up now.
Speaker 7: I mean they are going to be primed and ready to go when they get on the airplay on Saturday, and they're going to hit the ground running. That's the assumption on Sunday. So we got to be ready. We mentioned the trail aids and all this other stuff with aj Brown, the possibilities that possibly this possibly that not just with him, but with a lot of the players because the treade deadline is in early November, November fourth, I believe, are you just league wide, are you hearing any sort of hot rummers about certain star players going to be on the move here in the next week or two.
Speaker 4: Do you say rummers?
Speaker 3: I know we always say you're not old times.
Speaker 4: Loyal viewer of the show.
Speaker 7: Not all of us can fill in for rich Eyes. You can't say that on a Rich eisend show. You can't say that on NSR. But you can never I've never heard the phrase.
Speaker 9: I know a lot of I know the steff that was said on kVA and twenty years ago when I worked there a little bit behind speed. Right now, in the current I would just say this, there are runners out there.
Speaker 4: He goes about, you know, a variety of different players.
Speaker 9: But I think one of the unique things right now is if you look at the standings, there are twenty teams that have at least three wins through six weeks. In other words, there's there's not a lot of teams that already are in a position where they can convince themselves and at times more important, their owners, that hey, it's time to go full fire sale boat. I anticipate the Jets are going to get there, you know, in the next few weeks.
Speaker 4: And when I say fire sale.
Speaker 9: I don't mean hey, just anybody you want will sell them for cheap. But in terms of being open for business, open for calls, the Jets are going to be there, The Titans are certainly going to be there. I anticipate the Saints are going to be listening on players. But Mickey Loomis doesn't really have, you know, a big history of wanting to be a seller. So we'll see exactly, you know, what direction that unfolds. You know, there's teams like the Raiders where if they were to lose the next couple of games, I think that they would have some guys available too. But part of the recent there have been no trades this week, which three weeks from the deadline usually there's like one or two. I mean, there were several trades last week, but you know this week there weren't a ton. And part of that is driven by there's just not that many teams that are totally out of it at this point in terms of you know, specific names. Again, I mean, if you look through some of these rosters, the Jets, you know, Brice Hall, he said he wants to be there. Do they feel like this is the right time if you can get value for him, do you move them? I'm sure they'll get calls on Quinn Williams. Do they actually move one of the core players on their team. I think that those are going to be, you know, interesting questions for them to delve into in the weeks to come. Tend to see, you know, do you trade Calvin Ridley? Do you trade one of the running backs? The issue they've got there and obviously they fired Brian Callahan on Monday, But you're trying to get the young quarterback going, and if you trade his best receiver or you trade one of his running backs, it makes the task that much harder, you know, to get km word unlocked. They've got Jeff Simmons who they've never wanted to trade. It would take a boat load, but you know, there's no I don't think sacred cow is right now for that Titans team with the with the Saints, Nogat calls, I'm sure on their wide receivers. Chris Olave is a unique one, a guy who's you know, up for a new contract. He's got a concussion history. You know, do you want to pay that guy? I know Mickey's talked in the past about him being like one of the core men members of that team. Are they willing to trade them. What would the price be. You know, receivers generally in season trades, third round pick is kind of the over under on what they're gonna gein to command in a deal, even if it's on a you know, an expiring type of contract like DeVante Adams in years left, but they were at astronomical numbers and he was going to get cut. He still went for a third last year. Several years ago, Golden Tate went for a third. You know, at the deadline. That's probably the type of price that you're talking about with some of those guys, and then we'll see, you know, what else materializes.
Speaker 4: Obviously, Kirk is still a member of the Falcons.
Speaker 9: Michael Pennix Junior is coming off one of the best games he's had on National TV the other night, beating the Bills. You know, it's very obvious that they have zero plans to go back to Kirk, who's making twenty seven point five million dollars. But they've also not been willing to, you know, accept the type of price that you know, in terms of eating some of the money and the draft pick the other teams are willing to give up nor right now, with the Bengals, you know, trading for Joe Flack with this really a team that has an imminent type of need. So there's usually one or two, you know, really shocking trades and then a bunch of lower level trades.
Speaker 4: Every year.
Speaker 9: Now you know, there's just there's more than there's ever been. It's ten fifteen trades, you know, in the week's leading up to the deadline. Here we'll see if we get to those those numbers. But I think that as you see some of these teams, the Browns are another team in that category. If you lose a couple more games, you're probably gonna be going, Okay, what can we get to help us? In twenty twenty six, you know, the deadlines later than it was even a few years ago. So let's see who starts losing these next couple of weeks. That's probably gonna be a pretty.
Speaker 4: Good indication of who ends up being more open to movie players.
Speaker 3: We saw the Titans come back and win that game against the Cardinals, and that's their only win in one of the weirdest games of all time. But like you go back and you were, you know, you watched, I would guess that game against the game in London with Jets and Denver. That's one of the weirdest coached and just unbelievable games I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: It's a total, total system failure in New York. What is going on with that team?
Speaker 4: I've never seen a team take an eleven to ten lead on a safety.
Speaker 9: Yeah, a ten to nine game and then you you know, you hit a two run homer and it's eleven to ten.
Speaker 4: Like that was that was a new one. But I agree.
Speaker 9: I mean the way that the end of the first half alone was managed. You run a fake punt, a fake punt that you know, and Rich was there, Kurt Warner and they're going like, oh, it looks like the looks like the Broncos are sniffing it out. Well, yeah, because the Jets ran brace Hall on the field in protector.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Darren, Rizzy and chah Vander going it's brace Hall. He's getting the ball, guys, Breese Hall is getting it. They run the whole play clock, they still.
Speaker 9: Snap it by you know, the grace of God. They converted. Then they run the ball on first down. They get three plays off. Their last play is run I think with thirty seven seconds on the clock, just on fourth down and like Garrett Wilson, you know, goes at Aaron Glenn. Yeah, as you know as the clock takes down, I would have had the same reaction, like, at bare minimum, you're not your own twenty, you're almost at midfield. Run it down to I get the running it down right, because if you hustle to the line, the Broncos might call a timeout and now force you to either punt the ball to him or run a play. And now they get the ball back and they got a chance to score.
Speaker 4: So run the clock out.
Speaker 9: I'm fine with that, but then snap it with three seconds to go and gave it to the end zone.
Speaker 4: Run a lateral play.
Speaker 9: Anything, anything, anything, just it didn't make sense. And this is you know, Aaron Glenn, listen. I want to give him grace because you know, you're six games in to your career, all right, you're figuring out this is the first time.
Speaker 4: You're in all these situations.
Speaker 9: But I remember when Nathaniel Hackett was the Broncos coach a few years ago and after one game where he you know, at the end of the game they managed it and they end up kicking trying to attempting a long field goal at the end of the game. They literally hired a game management coach after one game for a far lesser sin than what we saw from the Jets at the end of the half in London.
Speaker 4: That just makes you stand back and go, Okay.
Speaker 9: What are the Jets trying to accomplish? Aaron's You know, he's a smart guy. He's trying to build a culture. He you know, and there's a lot of similarities and parallels that everybody's discussed to Detroit, where he was the defensive coordinator. Dan Campbell built it up and Dan Campbell didn't win games for a year and a half. But you knew what Dan Campbell was. You knew he was going for it on fourth down. You knew that he was running the snot out of the football. Aaron glenn Is, you know, at times the analytics are saying go for it on a fourth and one and he's not. You're running fake punts with a guy running on the field. That gives away exactly what you're doing converting that in a high leverage situation.
Speaker 4: They were at a fake, but what they're own thirty thirty five wherever they were, that's a major risk.
Speaker 9: Do you take that gigantic risk and then you don't take the relatively minimal risk of throwing a hail mary.
Speaker 4: You know, those are the types.
Speaker 9: Of things where again, if I were Gara Wilson, I would have had the exact same reaction, which is just like, dude, like, are we going for it?
Speaker 4: Are we not? In a game where nobody can score? You basically got a freebiet.
Speaker 9: The odds of you know, him getting strip sacked on a hail mary are pretty slim.
Speaker 4: Just boot out by a couple of seconds.
Speaker 9: And throw a moonball down there. Listen, There's definitely conversations that have to take place. The Jets are not a wholly untalented team, and again they've got big decisions to make leading up to the deadline. They got to find a way to win some games. I think the expectations are probably a little too high for what the Jets were, But this Jets team is more talented than what the Lions had in Dan Campbell's first year. Even that Lions team found a way to win a couple of games.
Speaker 4: The Jets gotta do the same thing real quick.
Speaker 1: Thirty seconds or so. Just give me your guts, not as a fan, but as an analyst. How did the Vikings do against the Eagles on Sunday?
Speaker 9: I mean, the Eagles are gonna have Jaalen carter back. That's a big deal. It's gonna be a challenging type of an environment. I would just guarantee you this Ko is gonna go into Sunday thinking we're going to win this game.
Speaker 4: We've got a path to win this game.
Speaker 9: They're healthier than they've been, particularly along the offensive line. That's a huge, huge deal for them. I think it's gonna be a great game. I don't know if the Viking's winna lose this game, but you know this is a team they absolutely should go toe to toe with, and I'm sure Brian Flores is going to make it as complicated as possible for that Egos offense to find their rhythm.
Speaker 1: You're the best, Thank you, buddy. Get our friend Tom Pelsaro, who is just a mover and a shaker man.
Speaker 2: He's outstanding.
Speaker 1: I mean he's the filling host for rich Eisen. Correct remember rich Eisen running? Why do I think of Richison running the forty yard desk?
Speaker 2: Because he does that.
Speaker 3: For the draft, they raised money for Saint Jude's I think yeah.
Speaker 1: And Tom Pelasaro is his filling when Toms the day off. I mean, he's a big deal.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Rich Eisen is a huge deal and so is Tom. Yeah, he's great man. I love listening to him talking about the NFL. I love when he gets, like when when we were talking about the Jets and how into it he gets.
Speaker 1: You know, there's always the road you gotta you know, we got to walk too much sports and not enough sports. This on the other So, I know there are people out there like, Okay, all right, let's go, let's go. I don't care, but I do. I love to listen to the best. I wanted to ask him too, you know, are are the Colts for real?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That is another question I have because I heard Ben with Barrero earlier this week say he thought that the Colts might be the best team in the NFL. I'm like, wow, think about that. Can one guy make that big of a difference? Looks like you could. But anyway, there you go. So that's enough for sports. We've given you all that we can give you. Let's talk about some ridiculous stuff, shall we.
Speaker 2: Now it's time for hell. Thank you to Wolf River Electric.
Speaker 4: Wolf River Electric.
Speaker 3: Christopher Allen Hockey. What is Michael Keaton's real name?
Speaker 1: Actually, I do know this, strangely enough, I don't know why I know this. Oh no, I do know why I know this because Diane Keaton just died. Michael Douglas. You are correct, that's right, yep. And he took the name Keaton because he liked her name, Diane Keaton. Yeah, and it's cool, Michael Douglas.
Speaker 3: Grub Hub says seventy two percent of college students have accidentally slept through a late night delivery order, so they are offering snooze insurance. It's basically a fifteen dollars off doover meal in the future if you have a student account.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that's pretty cool. Yeah, I'll take it.
Speaker 2: I've never used one of those, not once, not.
Speaker 1: Even door dash. No, that's the greatest thing that I've never done it. Yeah, Oh my gosh, I've never done it. Sunday morning, and I don't feel like running out. I love getting dun Brothers delivered to my house. Yeah, I roll on down. It's sitting there waiting on me. I love it. Yeah, I'm a small little joy. I watched CBS Sunday morning. Wait for football.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: It's good joy.
Speaker 2: Have you done it? Tacho?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's great on when you travel because if you're not familiar with the area. Yeah, and yeah, they'll deliver to your hotel room. Yes, that's that's wow. Basketball.
Speaker 1: I feel bad that I just got a penalty Bears.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Correct, Hey how about this quickly? I know you said no more sports. Here are the picks for the week two. Survivor, Corey, Hawk, and Creasol are all taking Kansas City. I'm taking Denver, Parish and Parker are taking Kansas City. Marty has gone off the board a couple of times at worked last week. She's taking the Bears against the Saints. That's a good pick by Mark. Zacho is taking Kansas City. Yes, it is exactly. Zacho's taking Kansas City. They are a twelve and a half point favorite over Oakland.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Bonus is taking the Broncos. Oh yeah, and then Conzemius Kansas City. Ben Leeber is taking the Patriots against They are playing hang on on one of us.
Speaker 2: They're on the road and they're probably an underdog. No, where the hell is it? I can.
Speaker 1: Foxborough? Yeah? Yeah, just outside of why can't I find it on the thing.
Speaker 2: Well, you know that's hard.
Speaker 1: It's a map and a map, I'm sure it's.
Speaker 3: I can't read or New York Northeast. They're on the road playing the Titans. They're six and a half point road favorite.
Speaker 1: There is your thing, but that that could be, that could be.
Speaker 2: You know, I never want to pick the Titans upon it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, but if Kansas City loses, we're all in trouble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well not me and Bonus.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but but you brought it up when you said you're the one who talked me out of it, when you said it's a it's.
Speaker 2: A divisional game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that like weird things happen in divisional games. Almost beat them on Black Friday last year and they were terrible.
Speaker 1: That's right, You got that right, buddy.
Speaker 3: An online betting site crunched the numbers to figure out your kid's chances of getting different types of candy on Halloween. Okay, there's a sixty seven percent chance they'll get at least one peanut butter cup.
Speaker 1: Oh man, there's too many peanut butter cups.
Speaker 2: You don't like them.
Speaker 1: I do, but it's like no, but they've kind of gone down the Road of the Oreo. It's not just that, it's like that's the only bags of candy you get. Yeah, days like kid Kat Reese Cups.
Speaker 2: Let me a Recee cup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love them. Gonna be wrong, but I need some variety.
Speaker 8: Baby.
Speaker 3: Thirty three percent chance of getting a Twix you see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Twigs, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I don't like TwixT either. I don't like Twigs either. I've never been a fan. No, it's Reese Cups or bust Amen and most sometimes both. Yeah. Well, yeah, that's part of the song. You love Reese Cups.
Speaker 1: I do, But there's other candies in the world. Branch out and broaden it out your whole life. Reese's cups, Yes, okay, probably.
Speaker 3: There's a apparently a trend of people taking many pumpkins to Starbucks and having the baristas fill them with their drink order.
Speaker 2: What's happening.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That's weird.
Speaker 2: That is weird.
Speaker 1: Just use a cup, Yeah, just use a cup. Cups can't be good in like, did you gross? Yeah, that's gross man, it's all hairy in there. There's like it all cleaned out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's discussing.
Speaker 3: Fifty percent of people say they've had argument to the partner, roommate, or family member over reoccurring smells in shared places, stuff like trash smells, post Jim stink and pet.
Speaker 2: Odors post Jim sinks a rapper?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How about Parker saying he doesn't like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there's a I mean, there's some stinks that will bother you. You know what I mean. I mean it's like, you know, wash that stuff? Am I right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I got one more here.
Speaker 8: I got stuff that the California Highway Patrol stop the dry this month, no good who had an elaborated, elaborate, not elaborated, elaborate hand drawn license plate.
Speaker 3: Oh, the driver said it was all legit. They just lost their actual plate.
Speaker 1: I hope he elaborated.
Speaker 2: He got fined two hundred dollars for his artwork.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 2: That is funny on this state.
Speaker 1: In seventeen ninety three, young and talented Zach Colverson Queen Marie Antoinette was beheaded. Do you know what country she was? The queen of?
Speaker 2: Oh Man? No, Yeah, that's right? Wow?
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 1: There? You go?
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: I learned that on one of those big busts, the tour oh.
Speaker 1: You love busting.
Speaker 2: What happened to hers?
Speaker 1: She was beheaded. She is famous for saying, let the meat cake. She never said that her subjects were dying of starvation. She never said that. She said something like that, but she didn't really say that.
Speaker 2: Let the meat Kate, let the meat cake. Yeah.
Speaker 1: They were like, you're but your people are starving. She's like, well, let them eat cake.
Speaker 2: So she said, what's the best kind of cake?
Speaker 1: Birthday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are correct, I thank you.
Speaker 1: Birthday is good. On this date one hundred and two years ago, nineteen twenty three, Walt Disney launched an empire when he founded Disney Brother's cartoon studio with his brother Roy.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Thank you, So I'm here Roy and Walt. Walt.
Speaker 2: Props to Roy for keeping all that together. After Walt died, he did a lot. Oh, he didn't have his first name on the company.
Speaker 1: So is that a true story? You're making that up?
Speaker 2: No, that's true.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 3: Wal never heard the Roy Disney till right. It was making like a Warner Brothers joke. No, Walt never saw Disney World. Roy oversaw most of that because Walt died in the beginning.
Speaker 1: Because his dad's lawyer, Lambert.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, so Walt Disney, and I have never seen Disney World.
Speaker 1: Wow wowoa yeah kidding. Yeah yet, Well that's interesting. I guess I never knew that. Thank you for that beloved little fact there. That makes a makes a lot of sense, really matters well to me. It does other things going on in this wild world of ours. We're talking about this this morning. In other ways, weight loss drugs like ozempic may have an effect on how our bodies handle alcohol. According to a new study, GLP one drugs may help you handle your alcohol better and consume less of it. And I've told you guys this. Yeah, I don't even drink anymore because it doesn't do any good.
Speaker 2: Yeah it does.
Speaker 1: I never even feel abozz really yeah never. It's the weirdest thing. The study by Virginia Tech found that those using GLP one drugs saw their blood alcohol levels rise at a slower pace and reported feeling less intoxicated that those not on the weight loss drugs. Those on the drugs also reported feeling less of a craving for alcohol both before and after the experiment. I am telling you, I'm living proof of that. I've been telling you that for a while. It's a miracle.
Speaker 2: So I'll be open and honest with you.
Speaker 1: I would love you to be fine. Should damn life.
Speaker 3: I have thought about doing it because I could lose about it. Yeah, I'm afraid to get myself a shot. Yeah, I don't want to. I'm sure. I just I don't want to. I don't think I could do.
Speaker 1: It now, I get it. I mean, I can tell you a million times that it doesn't hurt that bad. But yeah, but I get it. That's the only reason I don't do it. I should do it with all due respect, I mean, do you need it to me?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I covered up the one. Look, you look great.
Speaker 1: I appreciate Please leave him.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: If you feel like you need to.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, but I would, and I should.
Speaker 3: I could lose fifty pounds, but I I just don't want to take the shot.
Speaker 1: Now, I get I believe there might be now or there's going to be soon. Pills you can take in stead. But if you if you feel like you want to do it Olivia dot com. But I'm gonna tell you it. It works for me. It really did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you look great. Oh you will cancel. No, Tommy's infected all of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he's trying.
Speaker 3: Now that Tommy is not a stream. By the way, Tommy, Now that Tommy's not here and it's just the three of us, don't say it over under halftime when you leave.
Speaker 1: Oh, I definitely probably, Well, it depends on what Abagail wants.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If it were me by myself, I probably wouldn't make it the half time. But since you know it will, let her decide what she wants.
Speaker 2: Which game?
Speaker 3: Will you stay longer for the Gopher game or the Viking Gopher game?
Speaker 1: Gopher game? Yeah, yeah, for sure, for sure. I don't know why. As I get older, I hate traffic more and more. Yeah, but I can't tell you how many things I've wanted to do. I almost went to the Maple Grove Best Football game last night. Yeah, but I thought about what the traffic would be like an idiots?
Speaker 2: Yeah and they won, right, they won it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great game. Yeah, I know, so traffic, man.
Speaker 3: I hate idiots the night in town, many in one way out basically yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh well, sometimes you got to sit in traffic if you want the good things, right, Yeah, Hey, good show to me.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 2: Nice job.
Speaker 1: That was nice job, everybody. Yeah, nice job.
Speaker 3: Chris So tomorrow will play the initials game Zacho a host.
Speaker 1: It'll be great, that's right, and we will have our very good friend Adam theon Oh yeah called the show. At some point Marns will be here a cast one thousands.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: Enjoy another rainy looking day. Make the best of it. You only get to do this one time, am I right?
Speaker 2: Am? I right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Man, give a Lionel a kiss for me. Yeah, and I five, Hey, I texted you yesterday. Watched the Lilith Fair documentary on Hulu.
Speaker 1: I will when you watch Chad Powers.
Speaker 2: Well then you're never gonna watch.
Speaker 1: I guess that's where the statement is. Whatever that thing is.
Speaker 2: Saleman, thank you.
Speaker 1: Have a great day. Everybody, take care of yourself. Love you. I love you so much.