Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five seventy l A sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 1: No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 2: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadacres terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith the pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode. We're with you, Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts. Now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith and me Here's why.
Speaker 3: Yeah you Today it's mood I wait a long time for this? What you want? What you want?
Speaker 2: Patroc some Money and five seventy LA sports live everywhere on the iHeart Radio app. Dominklin coming up in the next segment. Big thanks to Jobam Buja talking friedman Zaidi, Lakers front office, Maven's moving Forward. Anything you miss you can always relive through PMS on demand. Subscribe to our podcast at the iHeartRadio, the most popular podcast platform in all the world. If you don't choose to go through iHeart Of course, you can get the Petro some Money Show anywhere else that you prefer to procure your podcast, but the iHeart Apple as you to stream the show live as well. Tomorrow and Sunday we got Clippers basketball or no, tomorrow, we got Clippers basketball. Sunday we got Colts Chiefs the big one ten am tomorrow a ten am start for the Clippers and the Hornets. No college football tomorrow, hutkates, No, because Clippers basketball at ten am. Yeah, we can't get like a little afternoon action.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: The Compass game is at nine am. It's SMU Louisville. I'll be in studio for that. Well, there we go.
Speaker 4: How does Matt money Smith treat a weekend that does not involve the Chargers?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I haven't decided yet. I've got an open invitation to Cosm. A friend of mine got one of the box. He's got a box at Cosm for Oregon USC at twelve thirty fantastic. I haven't been there. I haven't either, and I'm like, man, I get a week off of football, do I really? But the rain has impacted the ocean. I'll probably still go in, but I probably won't spend as much time as I normally would, because somehow that'll reconcile it in my brain that I'm not going to get some sort of microbe that's gonna make me, you know, purge from every orifice in my body for two days. St Oh my god, the.
Speaker 4: Two heads so calcer for boy, is it gonna spend his Sunday watching that team called the Chicago Band.
Speaker 2: God. No, I most definitely am not doing NFL football on Sunday, but college football on Saturday. Yes, if I get if I am granted a reprieve from football on Sunday, I do take it, all.
Speaker 4: Right, lay it on everybody who may have missed it. It's a big one legitimately in the AFC playoff chase.
Speaker 2: I'm taking the points. I told you, I'm gonna take the points. I think Jonathan Taylor can run the football. You know, you can negate those Spagnolo blitzes and all the headaches that he could cause. I'm a little concerned, as I said, about the twelve sacks from Daniel Jones in the last three games and the interceptions, but that defense should be humming and lou Anarumo has showed that he can you know, he can kind of keep the Chiefs and sort of mess with Mahomes a little bit like he did when he was with the Bengals, and he's got much better personnel. And perhaps it's just the charger in me, you know, that's just kind of hopeful that, Wow, could we really get a five and six Chiefs team come Monday morning?
Speaker 4: Does that really come in here just before the football season started and say beware the Indianapolis Colts winning that division and being a surprise team because lou An Arumo is about to do what Vic Fangio did in Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: So you said here, that's Oh, I thought you were going to go the path of did anybody come in here and say this is the year the Chiefs finally hit the wall?
Speaker 4: I said, Mark, I said that literally within a couple of hours after the Eagles burst their balloon, suddenly the mystique felt on.
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 4: They didn't lose that Super Bowl, they got humiliate.
Speaker 2: What's the name of your program, Dave.
Speaker 5: It's called Football America there, it asked, So these are the things that it's essentially the uh, it's essentially the Chris rockbit of oh, you want me to celebrate you because you're taking your kid to school.
Speaker 2: You'll just celebrate because you're staying out of prison. I'm not merely talking about fall in America, I am. I'm not just giving takes. Well, I'm giving spot on information. A man that puts football in the title of his signature program should be able to deliver these sort of nuggets.
Speaker 1: And that's what I mean.
Speaker 4: Dasha on Football by Dave damashak if if the higher ups would have allowed, but I was jammed into football America.
Speaker 2: Here you go. I did this one for your final. It is a fact there are over two thousand graduates of the Concordia University Irvine's Masters in Coaching and Athletics Administration program in colleges and high schools in the state of California alone. Accelerate and elevate your career by joining this vast community of excellence. Visit CUI dot edu, slash coaching and per our comment or commentary. In the last segment, he in a CUI dot eedu and coaching out there in uh in Utah, Okay high school football here in southern California, reins king over Texas, over Florida and most definitely over Utah, and I take it as a personal affront.
Speaker 4: High school football America is going to react the same way we just did.
Speaker 2: Right Like, Wait, sir Utah, who canceled Texas Florida California. That that there isn't a California team in there is is beyond egregious. But here's your fun fact.
Speaker 4: And again called me p that's the greatest compliment you've ever given me.
Speaker 2: Dave. I'm sorry, Dave. But because I call you Dave, I call you shack, I call you Damna sheeck. I think I've I've got to focus, I've got to narrow it into one name.
Speaker 4: But here it is, I celebrate you showing up drunk.
Speaker 2: Pistachios aren't nuts. They are, in fact droops, the family that includes cherries, peaches, and olives. Mean technically, the pistachio is a fruit, and ultimately what it is is the seeds of a fruit and the outer fruit is removed during processing, and what you're eating when you eat a pistachio is the seed of a fruit.
Speaker 4: This could really disrupt as we head down the home stretching the chase for the Chechy Award in the Granddaddy category of a all fruit of the year.
Speaker 2: Pistachio could be a point. I've had some of those sweet chili pistachios, or with a little bit of kick to them, the sparacha pistachios. They are a true treat. Top two nut.
Speaker 4: But now that it's not a nut, now that it's a fruit, beware, honey crisp apple. Darn right, you may catch a challenge yourself. I have a fun fact if I could throw one in real point for you. Uh, it's November twenty first. This is the wildest sports stat I think for real. Okay, Ken Griffy Junior born on this date among MLB ballplayers is only the has hit the second most. I gotta I gotta get the language right here. So people born on November twenty first in DeNora, Pennsylvania outside of Pittsburgh, Ken Griffy Junior has only the second most career home runs.
Speaker 2: From donor from DeNora, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 4: Born on November twenty first, Stan Musual has more home runs than Ken Griffey Junior does career.
Speaker 2: That wild right, that is wild? Still wilder?
Speaker 4: Do you know that the color orange got its name from from the fruit orange?
Speaker 2: And how's that possible?
Speaker 1: How did.
Speaker 2: How did the fruit precede the color it's in?
Speaker 6: It was?
Speaker 1: It was?
Speaker 2: It a black and white world. It's wild, isn't it? It makes no sense to it? What breaks my brain? Yeah, that's a hard one to reconcile. What came first? The color orange or the orange?
Speaker 4: Well, it has to be the color day one, when the fruit started showing up, the colors preceded them, right.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's just a name. Maybe not burt.
Speaker 4: Umber, maybe not the maybe not the the real fancy ones, not that, not maybe not the cabernet. But I mean, like you know, red, blue, g I mean, orange had to exist before the fruits came around.
Speaker 2: It's it's odd that the fruit. But then again, like if you think about a cherry, there is a color called cherry, but it's cherry red. They put red after it, you know what I mean, Like there there is a you know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 4: No, because what you're saying is then it would be called the orange orange.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's a red cherry. It's a black cherry. That's a good point. It is odd. It is very odd, all right, Quick hitsms, quick hits, come make it quick y'all. Oh yeah, all right, We're gonna rip through these because of our fruit nut fun fact and other extensive conversation that we have anytime shit comes in, which is why we love having him. Dodgers non tendered Evan Phillips and Nick Frasso today. Phillips, free agent recovering from Tommy John, of course was their closer for a number of years, will not be available to pitch until late summer next season. Andrew Freeman, so of the Dodgers would consider signing him. Then, remember Brady Anderson. I love this story.
Speaker 4: You know, Mark McGuire, who has gotten the similar accusations and Stutch also became a hitting coach. As you know, the Halos have now hired Brady and Anderson to be their hitting coach.
Speaker 2: Now, local guy McGuire was mashing home runs, you know, while he was at SC, while he was a USA Olympian before he came across Jose Conseco, and you know, obviously made some poor choices like Barry Bonds did. But Brady Anderson's fifty home runs came out of nowhere. Yes, like, wait, he's got how many home runs?
Speaker 1: This guy?
Speaker 2: He's got like eight the year before seven, the year before fifty, the.
Speaker 4: Guy I always compared to Brady Anderson without the help of anything that, at least as far as I'm aware of, Mark Rippin with the Washington team whose name you're no longer allowed to say, in nineteen ninety one or nineteen ninety two. Yeah, it was one of those two years, fourteen and two, one of the real dominant teams of the Super Bowl era. But it was a fat comp leagu Yeah, it was a FATA compley that they were going to win the Super Bowl. They're gonna win it by a million points. And it was a buzzsaw for one year. A buzzsaw. And when people talk about Belichick and Chas Nol and Bill Walsh and whoever else, people always leave off Joe Gibbs. But when you talk about the greatest head coaches of the Super Bowl era, else won won Super Bowl with non Hall of Fame Qbs three times?
Speaker 2: Is that wild Williams? Thisman Ripping, Yeah, that's their three Super Bowl championships. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Amidst the in the age of Elway and Aikman and Steve Young and Joe Montana and all the rest of it, Marino couldn't get over the hump even once. Joe Gibbs did it three times with those guys who are borderline.
Speaker 2: Hamm and agers ninety one. Mark Rippin throws and remember they said different era thirty five hundred and sixty four yards and twenty eight touchdowns.
Speaker 1: Mark Rippin.
Speaker 2: Ernest Beiner's back there running the rock and Mark Rippin is freaking slinging it around his receivers. Gary Clark, Art Monk. It is one of the most fascinating teams because none of it makes any sense on a piece of paper. None of it. Wait, those guys are the ones right. It's just absolute madness. Where were we? Lakers have won three in a row. They're off till Sunday. Clippers are four and eleven. Now they're terrible. John Morant wants out of Memphis. LaMelo Ball wants out of Charlotte. UCLA could be playing their final home game ever at the Rose Bowl tomorrow. Washington's coming down. Jedfish reportedly wants the UCLA job. Usc Big One twelve thirty pm Saturday, taken on Oregon.
Speaker 4: And here's another one in a weekend of games. The teams just can't afford to lose if they want to win their division and make them hey. In January, the Rams, winners of five in a row, hosting the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in SOFI on Sunday Night Football.
Speaker 2: I'll take the Rams. They're on a heater man, chargers are off, They're on the Bibe and are availvalle and instant oil change home with a fifteen minute oil change, no appointment needed, Stay in your car service find a location near you at sokeloil change dot Com brings us Jim Harbaugh's weekly chat.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You know, we we got beat.
Speaker 7: And you know the positive of that is we can learn from it and that's and uh and we can be better for it. We'll have that opportunity and that's that's what we'll attack.
Speaker 1: The most important lessons to take away from.
Speaker 7: That really, I mean that list is really what we're compiling, you know, and uh, you know, any and every way we can.
Speaker 2: Any specifically when you think less wise you can.
Speaker 7: Take away from you like I said, like I said yesterday, Yeah, we we felt I think that, uh, we got beat every every which way you could be in every every every phase, every situation, situational phase of the game.
Speaker 1: Uh, just that.
Speaker 3: That's that message. And you know, and even even bigger than that is it's.
Speaker 7: Every guy in that room, every every player, every coach, every every staff member.
Speaker 3: You know, everybody has uh in their.
Speaker 7: Lives had issues that had to be fixed, and we have some football issues that have to be fixed. But everybody's good at it. Everybody knows how to do it. Uh, they care deeply and they're not going to back down. That's that's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 8: Because we'll talk a lot about having paid in the veterans.
Speaker 1: Where do you think, what's your belief in that group?
Speaker 6: Guys?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's like I said, it's the it's the whole team I have faith in and they do as well. I mean very very tough men plus faith. That's uh, that's what I believe. That's what I think of our team and every single guy, uh man, woman in the organization. You know, they've they've all had issues to fix h in their life and in their careers in football.
Speaker 3: They wouldn't be here if they weren't good at that. I know they know how to do it. I know they care, and I know they're not going to back down.
Speaker 2: And of course tomorrow as we wrap quick Hits, Dave Grand Prix, Las Vegas Grand Prix F one is in Vegas, a city of opulence and a sport with opulence, super superstars that make superstars look like character actors. Two red flags came out stop things in the second practice session because there was a loose maintenance Governor turned seventeen. It was very similar to the inaugural Vegas Grand Prix a couple of years ago when that water valve cover came loose on the strip. Damaged. Carlos signs Ferrari he Noo drives for Williams. But be sure to check in on the F one this weekend. That's me snoring. I don't care.
Speaker 3: It's not for me.
Speaker 4: I don't have room in my life to attack a new sport this lake.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe you should check out cricket. Done and done.
Speaker 1: We'll be back with Don McClain. We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iheartradiop.
Speaker 2: Using Apple car Play or Android Auto road trip all summer with LA Sports that chose some money joining us right now on a game day. He doesn't tell you to avert his eyes and not have a conversation with him when he's on the call number nineteen Ucla vers Presbyterian tonight at seven thirty pm on Big ten Network. He'll be there court side calling it. Dave damashek in for p and joining us now like he knows every Friday at great Don McClain, what's happening, Don, how's it going guys?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm getting ready to get in the car. We'll see if I've anything left in the tank. After last night's ball game down at the Galen Center, that was wild.
Speaker 2: What happened? Share it with us?
Speaker 6: Triple game winner at the buzzer from three down two for the win for USC.
Speaker 2: Early season college basketball. Don McClain is all over it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Let's start there then, Don, because mc cronin said that he doesn't believe in messaging, he doesn't believe in doghouses yeat. The last game, no Donovan dent out there Trent Perry to start the game instead. It was the twos and he said, look, these guys just played better in practice. Your thoughts, well, they may have.
Speaker 6: I wasn't at practice, but they may have played better at practice, but it's more about and look, even though he says it's not a message, it was a message to the players that we need to get off the better starts and defensively, they just they won and they took Arizona the wire, but they just haven't had the same urgency, the same intensity on the defensive end, especially the start game. So I think that was why he did it. The interesting thing will be who he starts tonight, because that second group acerblal State's not very good, but they got off to they shut him out for the first I think four and a half minutes that starting group on Tuesday, and then there's a little bit of drop off in the second half. So it'll it'll be interesting to see when we when we get to Pauli tonight, who's starting.
Speaker 4: Don Uh, we've been over this already, so we don't need to rehash it once again. But of course it's nice to reconnect with donal Klin since this is going on. He broke my heart when I thought he might come to play on the on the banks of the Three Rivers.
Speaker 2: He came. I watched him playing time You're here and Don joins.
Speaker 4: Us his recruitment was still hanging in the balance when he played in the Dapper Dan Tournament and what was it, nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right, that's that Calipari that was recruiting you. Uh.
Speaker 6: Calipari was an assistant for Paul Evans at that time. And Dave, I think I've told you this that that tells you how good of a recruiter is no offense to anybody from Pittsburgh. How good of a recruiter Calipari is that he can get a white kid from southern California to even visit Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: Ah, you would have been the missing piece. But anyway, let's talk about the here and now. Calipari. I don't know how many analytics he's applying here, but the word on the street is as they take over more and more, and it's I guess, sort of old, an old story at this point that the Lakers are lagging a little behind the rest of the league. How say you, are you aware of this and how important do you think it is for them to catch up?
Speaker 6: Well, it's interesting because JJ redd it kind of strikes me as an analytics guy, and so maybe that was the case in the past.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm not in that locker room. I'm not in those meetings, But you know, everybody's got their own opinion on analytics and how much they should be used. I'm involved with it in the pre draft process that I do in the spring with the CAA, who I work for. They have an analytics department when it comes to recruiting players, and players they already have that are in the NBA, and so I think everybody chooses how much they want to use analytics in terms of evaluation, in terms of performance, in terms of on the cord, who plays what, how many minutes. I'm of the opinion that it's somewhere in the middle. Like I don't think you should ignore all analytics, but I don't. I think if you're only using analytics, you're probably gonna miss some stuff.
Speaker 2: It's a salary cap league, don It's an intricate salary cap league because of the penalties for first aprin, second apron, all that sort of stuff, Like what do you think, what do you suspect Andrew Friedman in far Hanziety, you're gonna try to dig into try to figure out what the Lakers are doing right or aren't doing right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a good question, and you know, I think that's kind of my point. And it'll be interesting to see what happens with two baseball guys coming into basketball and how they can apply what they've used to a great deal of success with the Dodgers into professional basketball. I mean, I think, and I may be speaking way out of turn here, but I feel like analytics is way more applied to baseball than basketball, or should be, at least from where I sit in what little I know about it. But it doesn't hurt to have guys that who have had success in another sport come and take a look at what you're doing in your sport. You know, they've done so well with the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: It just feels a little bit like a computer is making the difference. And I think that's unsatisfying on a visceral level for diehard sports fans. But what do the analytics, or more importantly, what does Don McClain say about LaMelo ball perhaps being a fit for the Clippers. They obviously goes without saying have not gotten off to a great start. Is you know, LaMelo is now dissatisfied in his situation. Any possibility of that happening.
Speaker 6: I mean, there's always a possibility. And here's the thing, Dave, that analytics doesn't measure. And this is where I have a problem with people that only rely on analytics. Doesn't measure heart, doesn't measure toughness, doesn't measure how you are in the locker room, doesn't measure how good of a teammate you are, doesn't measure how coachable you are. And so when you rely on oh, well, LaMelo does this, this and this, and this is what the numbers say, and you bring it And I'm not saying he's going to I'm just saying it's the possibility you bring him into your locker room and he and he puts it up in flames because of his personality. And this is for any player. And that's why when you solely rely on analytics, you're walking a slippery slope because there's so much more that goes into it than just what the numbers say on the court.
Speaker 4: But do they need to do something that might feel a little rash to try and salvage this season?
Speaker 6: Uh? And I said this last week. You weren't there obviously, Dave. But it just it's it's the same old thing for the Clippers. There's always something, always something, and he usually revolves around Kawhi Leonard and he's not playing and they'll say we're waiting for him to get back, just like they said for the last six or seven years, and it just goes round and round. So yeah, bring in mellow ball and yeah, maybe that'll help, but it ain't gonna change what's been happening for the last you know, five to seven years. When Kawhi and PG came, it was it's it's it's it had been one thing after another, and it's still one thing after another.
Speaker 2: And if it keeps getting worse. The fact that there's an unprotected lottery pick headed to Oklahoma City in this any draft, holy holy right if Boozer's on that team or Demands or one of those guys, my god, yeah, well yeah yeah, And you know.
Speaker 6: Again, that's just another fallout from the failed PG Kawhi thing. Like they celebrated when those two came, like they were going to win multiple championships, and they've been to the Western Conference Finals once. As pg's gone and so are all their draft picks.
Speaker 2: It's that when I saw that today, unprotected and they're four and ten with the fourth worst or tied for the fourth worst number of wins in the league. That's that's absolutely terrifying considering and by.
Speaker 6: The way, in Matt this is a really good this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really good to the Lakers. Done and Lebron's return twelve assists, one turnover, said that it was laughable that anybody questioned whether or not he'd figure out how to fit in that he can fit in anywhere. I don't know if you had a chance to watch the game against Utah, if you saw the highlights or whatever, but look, he looked great. He was moving the ball, you know, from the corner, from the mid post, and it looked fantastic when he and Luca were out there. But then I looked at the plus minus and it was kind of weird. It was minus eleven when he and Luca were on the court, and plus seventeen when it was Lebron no Luca, plus seventeen Luca no Lebron. I know it's one game, but do you think there is something to that? Because they're both so good with the ball in their.
Speaker 6: Hands, Maybe I think that's something to keep an eye on. But I do think, and I think I said this to YOUOT a few weeks ago that I hoped that this was the approach that Lebron would take, did not just come in there and you know, not kick Luca to the side, but try and outduel him or score as many as him. That he kind of took a back seat and became a facilitator in a ball mover. And you know, I think if it's going to work, really work long term with the Lakers, I think that's how it's going to have to be. It's Luca's world, Lebron's playing in it, and he's helping not only Luca but the rest of the team with his IQ. And that doesn't get talked about enough. How smart Lebron James is. Whether you like him or not, you can't deny that he is one of the smartest basketball players that's ever played.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you brought it up in that way because intellectually, I'm sure Lebron James, and if he can remove the ego of who he is and has been in the league, understands that Luca should be the main man on the team. But obviously heavyweight boxers have a hard time calling it quits when obviously it's done for them. Quarterbacks who are one time superstars have a hard time repressing the desire to be the difference in an offense, to be more of a passenger like Peyton Manning when they won the Super Bowl Sego. How hard do you imagine that is for Lebron right now to accept?
Speaker 6: Well, I think Lebron is well aware obviously of his legacy, and I think what his motivation would be if it stays the way it is, is to win another championship, and that supersedes everything. When you're done playing, people remember your career for what you did, not really so much individually, but how many championships you won, and that's across the board. And I think that is Lebron's motivation is if you somehow this Laker team could position themselves to make a run in the playoffs and potentially win a championship, he could walk away having done that in his last year. And I think that that probably in his mind. I'm sure outweighs anything, numbers, you know, totals, anything like that.
Speaker 2: We appreciate it. Don have a great call tonight, Big ten Network, UCLA Presbyterian, check it out. He'll be on the call. Of seven thirty Tip. Thanks Tom.
Speaker 6: All right, guys, have a good week at Tip Big thanking it.
Speaker 2: On McLean when we return your dead and a live guy Birthday of the Day, and then we'll hand it off to Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Hello, PMS listener. Did you know Am five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA Sports podcasts. There's Rogan and Roddee that one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of Record, Clipper Talk Without a Musk, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Petroush and Money pe out today on the Call, on the Call tomorrow as well in Vegas tonight, in San Diego tomorrow. The Great Dave damascheck fillin and always appreciate it Dave, especially going into Thanksgiving Dave and his commentary surrounding side dishes, turkey as a main course, and all of the things that most of America has come to appreciate out the sports fan's favorite holiday. All right, give me your dead guy Birthday of the Day so we can get the hell out of here. Here we go.
Speaker 4: This is this one's gonna be great for Los Angeles. Here we Go Happy would have been ninety seventh birthday to Georgia Frontier born Violet Francis Irwin, who all right.
Speaker 2: Oh she's dead too soon. She's been dead for a while, so you can boo, you're gonna say it's okay. Also, no longer with us. Joe McDonald celebrated her death, really celebrated. I mean it was an honor. Were you producing his show when she died case part of it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he really had a celebration. Ding dong, the witch is dead. Listen.
Speaker 4: There are few deeds that a high profile richie rich can commit that will upset a town, a sports town, more than one of those richie riches moving that team away.
Speaker 2: So I get it. I feel for the team. Shit have never been hers in the first place, though, that's the problem.
Speaker 1: Up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we ruining the dead guy. Here we go and raised in Saint Louis.
Speaker 4: When she was fifteen, Frontier he married a young US marine who was heading to Europe during WW two.
Speaker 2: The union was quickly annulled.
Speaker 4: A few years later, Georgia and her mom moved to Fresno, where she performed at dinner theaters alongside her mom and a duo, the Pamela Sisters. During this time, Georgia married her second husband, who was killed in a car accident near San Francisco shortly after. The couple had weed. All right, now, something's getting fishy here, I'm aware of this. In the early fifties, Frontier he worked as a urologist secretary while acting at a local theater. It was there she met her third husband. The couple divorced a short time later. She later married her fourth husband, a stage manager at the Sacramento Music Circus, but the couple.
Speaker 2: Split after five years.
Speaker 4: In the late fifties, Frontier he moved to Miami and hosted her own television interview show. During this time, Frontiery met her fifth husband, a Miami TV producer to whom she was ma married for a short time.
Speaker 2: It's in sanity, It's truly insane. This was the case.
Speaker 4: She also performed at a nightclub singer and my performed as a nightclub singer in Miami, where she met Baltimore Colts owner Carol Rosenbloom, who was separated from his first wife Rosenbloom in Frontiera were engaged in nineteen sixty, but it took Rosenbloom ten years to divorce his first wife, Rosenbloom in Frontiery married in nineteen sixty six, though they'd been together for eight years and had two children by that point. In nineteen seventy two, Carol Rosenbloom traded ownership of the Baltimore Colts for ownership of the Los Angeles Rams. In April seventy nine, Carol Rosenbloom drowned while swimming, while Ray Charles sings about it. Drownd while swimming near a Florida beach from an apparent heart attack. Some believe there was foul play because Georgia inherited a seventy percent ownership stake in the La Rang What do you know, Rosenbloom's five children inherited the other thirty percent during her year. There's his owner. Front of Airy moved the Rams twice, first relocating from the LA Memorial Coliseum in nineteen eighty to Anaheim, which, when I talked to longtime Los Angeles sports fans, that was the misstep. Yeah, the Saint Louis thing was was besides the point, it was redundant. Leaving La County was the real crime to longtime Rams fans, but then she did move them to Saint Louis in nineteen ninety five. In two thousand and seven, Georgia was diagnosed with cancer. She would die a year later in two thousand and eight, when she was eighty. When she died, the Rams were sold off to a minority owner named Stan Cronkey.
Speaker 2: I've heard of them who currently.
Speaker 4: Owns the Rams and brought them back to LA and built so far happy. Would have been ninety seventh birthday to Georgia Frontiery.
Speaker 2: Well somebody much more familiar here in the southern California area. For your live guy Birthday of the day, it's Canadian News. Canadian News.
Speaker 8: You don't rick our show you boezer, Hey the Canadian Jimmy Hendrix check born in Montreal, the man who founded Mahogany Rush.
Speaker 2: Listen to these licks, Listen to these chords, man, this song Land of a thousand chords. Eh started playing drums when he was five, kicked ass at dat wanted to grab that guepar when he was around thirteen because he heard Hendrix Mahogany Rush nineteen sixty nine. Marino founds the band surrounding his lead guitar calls it grateful dead meets jazz. Doesn't quite sound like that. The vocals even sound like Hendrick. Yeah. In an effort to gain press attention in the original record company created a fictional story that Frank Marino, prior to starting the band, had spent time in a mental institution after taking LSD and was visited by Jimmy Hendrix in a vision fansible bags quite detailed that got him a hit with Strange Dreams, Good old Canadian content laws. You know you got to play so many Canadian artists on there, uh public airwaves. Another single a new rock and roll also on the Canadian charts. Bands loved them. Whenever they would tour Canada, Mahogany Rush would open for the likes of Aerosmith and the Nuge. They started going by Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush, and of course that led to a split. In the eighties, Marino released a couple of solo albums, didn't do much commercially, but he was a hired gun on the guitar. He opened a studio and then the Internet boom happened. Marino was floor when his YouTube channel started getting serious traction from guitar virtuosos quote, I always knew I had fans, I just didn't know i'd find a half a million of them. So he got the band back together. Mahogany Rush starts touring again. They released a new album, Eye of the Storm, sold out gigs, but sadly with his new found fame that had eluded him outside of Canada, Nerve damage in the hand. I couldn't pluck the strings anymore. But the guitar player says, quote, his tone is unmistakable. He's a full spectrum guitar god, as identifiable as sound as Jeff Beck, Eddie Van Halend and the Edge our man Francesco Antonio Marino seventy one today. Well listen he I am new to his noise.
Speaker 4: But so I have to agree with the cynics who says, sounds exactly like Jimmy Hendricks, just produced a little bit differently.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, and again, you know, if you could play the guitar like Hendricks, why not give it a strump?
Speaker 4: I always wonder how did the other guys in Bond, Jovie Fiel, we wrote.
Speaker 2: Some songs too, man. You know, sam Borg got to connect with Locklear there for a while out of bad deal.
Speaker 4: Hey Dave, we're all in the Dave Matthews man, We've been with you for a long time.
Speaker 2: How about in company, say David Lee Roth and Ben Halen. You know what happens.
Speaker 4: You accepted Alvin and the Chipmunks. Those are the ones I feel the worst for it. Why does Alvin get the shine? We're also magic chipmunks who know how to sing. Why do you get first, Billy? Why are we just the chipmunk A couple of suckers?
Speaker 2: Simon's couple couple? Batis Theodore is too dumb to know what's going on. I'd be wrong. I'm not taking the state. Take that home with you, folks for Simon and Theodore wronged by Alvin on that over the course of the Thanksgiving Thank you, Dave, thank you. Coming up next, Fox Sports Radio,