Speaker 1: On air at am five seventy LA Sports and I'm demand on the iHeart Radio app. This is the Petros and Money Show. You are one of the kind hosted by Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade. Look at him and the voice of the Bolts, Matt money Smith. The answer is on money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros In Money Show.
Speaker 2: On the home of your world champion, Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, a prison becomes a home if you have the key.
Speaker 4: Hadn me you ex Petrosen Money short two hour Superflex show. We're off at the end of the hour. Here gallpin Ford Broadcast Center. We'll have first pitch Dodgers Blue Jays just after four pm. Dodgers on Deck coming up at three. David Vassi will join us in our very next segment. Give us say preview of the contest and what is to come on Dodgers on Deck. I believe Yoshi Yamamoda will be his guest this afternoon.
Speaker 3: Believe it, Matt. It is the truth. It's set in stone and it's gonna happen and no one can stop it now, so that is gonna happen, So you better become reconciled to that fact. He is going to be on Yes, yes, yeah, I will root on my team. I'll do it as loud as I want, right in your ear. All right, Matt, this is the story that you might enjoy because you've been so mean about the chiefs some of the years, so mean about the chefs and what they've been able to accomplish. In Travis Kelcey and his blossoming love with his toothpick Taylor Swift, and now he doesn't wear jean shorts anymore and date the bootylicious black chicks.
Speaker 4: That chain is no longer out, it's tucked in.
Speaker 3: He tucked his chain, tucked his boots too, and it is time for the word of the day.
Speaker 4: With his word the word of the day.
Speaker 3: Of course, we all know fifteen eighty seven Prime in Kansas City. Come on, Travis Kelsey and Patrick Mahomes steakhouse restaurant venture where they have fed people like Taylor Swift, people like Rashee Rice. There's a viral TikTok review that is criticized the restaurant a woman described having a six hundred and fifty dollars dinner at the Steakhouse, which opened in September to great fight fair. Six hundred and fifty dollars at the Steakhouse. That's a bag of shells, Matt. When you're in Kansas City, the Paris of the Prairie, and you're having a night out, you better be prepared to pay six hundred and fifty bucks. The Steakhouse opened in September twenty twenty five. Lot of fanfare on the Peterson Money Show when it open, and one day we hoped to be there and I hope to spend at least six hundred and fifty dollars. This woman called it, in her view, the worst fine dining experience I have ever had. In the video, she listed a series of complaints, beginning with what she said was slow drink service and some confusion over the restaurant's table side martini cart. Starting off, it took us forty five minutes to get a martini, she said. She added that the thirty three dollars drink arrived without the server walking him through the table side experience. The customer claimed the service lacked attentiveness throughout the evening, and that the staff failed to explain elements of the dining experiment experience. You couldn't find the server to save your life. The fried chicken arrived before our drinks did, and it honestly was not good, and it was not worth twenty five dollars. She also claimed the fifteen dollars steak sauces it's fifteen bucks.
Speaker 4: For sauce sauces were forgotten.
Speaker 3: And that her friend had finished most of his steak by the time the sauces were brought to the table mining bucks for sauce, My one hundred dollars steak was incorrectly cooked.
Speaker 4: She added.
Speaker 3: There was a few positives. She enjoyed the broccolini, which was the best she ever ordered.
Speaker 4: I like a good broccolini well, and.
Speaker 3: The mashed potatoes at the Parker House and the Parker House rolls were also very good, she said, But overall the experience did not justify the hefty price tag. The fastest thing our server did was pull out the bill of six hundred and fifty dollars, she said. So I thought you'd appreciate that that Matt, that you know that not everything is coming up roses in Kansas City. Also, Patrick Mahomes is recovering from a blown out knee, and Travis Kelsey is extremely old, and so is Andy Reid. So all of you AFC West types have that going for you. But he's a hell of a podcaster. People love that pod man. Let me tell you. Oh wait till jo entertaining, Wait till Jason gets his beard out at the Masters this week it puts his face on a cucumber sandwich and podcasts for hours about that.
Speaker 4: Must high sport media titan.
Speaker 3: Wait for the alternative broadcast of Jason Kelsey talking about the grass and Augusta. I didn't wait. It is time for the number of the day.
Speaker 2: Here's my number.
Speaker 3: Number of the day.
Speaker 4: Number of the Day is zero. And I know you have been tagged in the number of the tweets, and I think a handful of the Instagram dms that I've been getting today. But all it takes us one. All it takes is one to put a plan into motion to change something that has been accepted for so long, and nobody has ever questioned, why do we do it this way? What is it that this actually accomplishes. In twenty twenty six, John Boy posted and then individual baseball types took hold of Edwin Diaz emerging from the Dodger dugout and what was a Dodger's cap that was not a Dodgers baseball cap but basically a beatie. The bill removed the cap with the interlocking la iconic logo embroidered atop his head, signaling we can look at alternative ways to cover our heads out here when these games take place inside the Rogers Center and there is no sun that must shade that a bill must shade our eyes from.
Speaker 3: Now did he is it a warm up thing? Or was he out there?
Speaker 4: Edwin Diaz was in his warm up shirts. Yes, merging from the dugout. It's a big step for you. It's a big step.
Speaker 3: It's a big step in the But the warm up world is is the like what that's why you like Alex call because is.
Speaker 4: Do rag exactly? They warm up until the burdens of convention and rules are placed upon them. But warm ups is what they want. That's how they want to play the game of baseball, free and easy, without a cumbersome bill above their brow. Edwin Diaz, when asked about the cureurious looking beanie on his head said that, in fact, it was Tanner Scott that started the trend. I'm your favorite, Matt, right, our best friend ts old Scottie got this thing going, said that Tanner Scott got it started, and that it has caught on a bit in the clubhouse, and there are a number of guys that like to roll out for pregame warm ups.
Speaker 3: With like the baseball yamaka.
Speaker 4: On with exactly with the baseball beanie sans brim so as you said, it's necessarily bucking the rules or anything like that, but it is a statement from the players that this is pretty comfortable.
Speaker 3: It's like Clayshaw's big giant sleeveless shirts, right.
Speaker 4: But you know what, if the players want to wear that when they're out there, I'd love to see some our pit hair. Let's go. Thank you Edwin ds for being the brave soul you like to wear this outside the clubhouse.
Speaker 3: Why don't you call Dave? Text Dave, you know, ask him for a favor.
Speaker 4: Matt, you know you're gonna hand I mean, ask.
Speaker 3: Him to tell the clubby to get you one of those brimless hats so you two can wear a Dodger yamaka around well.
Speaker 4: My eleven percent would appreciate.
Speaker 3: That and your small head, which makes very resentful towards normal baseball hats.
Speaker 4: I I'm sorry to say normal.
Speaker 3: I've sound like Darryl Gates.
Speaker 4: I uh, you know what I just want. Hey, hey, gentlemen in the clubhouse, take a cue from Edwin. Don't be ashamed, don't be afraid, don't wear it around the clubhouse. Only away from the curious eyes of the beat riders.
Speaker 3: Show it off.
Speaker 4: Share, share your belief in banning the well not banning.
Speaker 3: But I think I think in a perfect world alternative to the bill guys, some guys are out there in a giant pampat. Some guys are out there in like a revolutionary war at.
Speaker 4: Oh, come on, three corners, let's go a bandana and looks hatless. Let me see that hair, let me see the Carrols would have done right well, just the beginning peak.
Speaker 3: And another six years, Yeah, another six years, Matt, I think it was a Gavin Luckx. You discussed this with many years.
Speaker 4: It did. He was a big no hat guy in warm ups, but.
Speaker 3: Did not understand the line of questioning, though he.
Speaker 4: Did very confused. Now it could have been ours. A perpetual and the windmill. The perpetual look of confusion has followed him throughout.
Speaker 3: His career as well. Ronnie Song of the Day.
Speaker 5: Broken Social Scene are a Canadian ensemble from Toronto who gives us our song of the day called Canada Versus America because the Petros and Money shows on a back to back super flex alert on this early Tuesday afternoon where it's Canada Versus America for game two of this three game series north of the Border at Rogers Center that will begin with tim Cats and an early edition of your Burrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck program that's.
Speaker 3: Coming up at three o'clock. Here, you're on it.
Speaker 5: Canada versus America.
Speaker 3: It's what's happening, although the Dodgers do represent what small part of America, Los Angeles, large town. Yeah, I get that clubby to get you a brimless hat, Matt Dad.
Speaker 4: When they see me walking around, so I talk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, real conversation, real conversation. He thinks, it's okay, okay, ask me about my hat.
Speaker 4: I'll wear that around the lanyard.
Speaker 1: Petros Papadakis, that Money Smith. This is Petros and Money on demand.
Speaker 4: Petro some Money and five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Final half hour of our Superflex Show one to three pm. Dodgers on deck at the top of the hour, first pitch coming just after four o'clock from Toronto. Yamamoto on them out.
Speaker 3: David Vase with an inside look at the Dodgers. This is the Vassie Report with David Vasse, Everybody's favorite reporter. David Vasse Spectrum Sports and at LA MLB Network and AM five seventy LA Sports. He was there for the bludgeting of the Blue Jays last night at Rogers Center. He's got Yoshi Yamamoto to the man of the hour on the mound to night on the pregame show Marongo Casino. Dodgers on deck with Tim Kats coming up at the top of the hour, and he's with us now on your Southern California Toyota Dealer Celebrity Hotline. It is the one and only David Vasse. Dave, How was it was it fun to watch the Blue Jays get bludgeoned last night? What was the vibe out there? It seemed like it was pretty cool if you're a Dodger type.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was great. It was a great vibe. Walking into the stadium yesterday, I looked into a lot of sad Blue Jays eyes, and there's a lot of sadness among the forty thousand plus here last night, and shaker Max Scherzer was feeling a little discomfort and even let his manager know to be on high alert that he may not be long for that game. So, just talking to Freddie Freeman right now, he told me if they could get to Gossman early, that would really put the Blue Jays in a bad spot for the final game of this series tomorrow because Eric Lauer had an abbreviated start two games ago, you had an abbreviated start from Scherzer. So the Dodgers win this game and not Gossman out early. Things are looking really good to extend this winning streak all the way back to Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 4: I feel like we had this conversation last year early on and throughout the regular season, Dave, but just the bottom of the lineup, no matter who it is that's in there. A lot of times it's platoon players, but it just feels like, for whatever reason, that's always something that's helped carry this team. Is there anything you can point to. You know, yesterday Paez, Dalton Rushing and Chim end up with what I think ten or eight hits between them. What is it about the bottom of that lineup?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, last year, if you remember, it wasn't very good. They weren't turning the lineup over. Rallies were dying, Otani was not coming up with men on base. But to start this year it has been better, just because the Dodgers have more depth than what they had all of last year and what they finished with, and Santiago Espinal is a big addition. And having Kim, you know, make us first started shortstop, have a great game defensively and do what he did against those relievers certainly was a big part of it. And Paez hitting where he was, hitting seventh and becoming a National League Player of the Week hitting seventh. You don't hear about that, but that was the recipe to success in twenty twenty four for the Dodger offense. They had Gavin Lux hitting three hundred, getting on base with walks, you had Miguel Rojas hitting in front of him. That's how things led to Otani being a fifty to fifty player and the Dodger offense being so dominant in twenty twenty four, so the bottom of the order, like you mentioned, is vital to the success of the top of the order and the Dodger offense.
Speaker 3: Going, what do you do now with Dalton rushing now that he's come out of a shell with his big bat.
Speaker 2: Well, Will Smith is going to It's already been determined. Will Smith is catching the last two games of this series. He's in there tonight, so you know, Dalton said after the game last night it was an adjustment for him to get used to this role and b make some adjustments in spring training and as the season has gotten underway to shorten things up because you can't have a big swing playing once a week twice a week. The reality is, though the Dodgers want to give Will Smith more rest this year. He's thirty one years old. Dalton Russian could play first base. Freddie Freeman is thirty six going on thirty seven, so there's spots for him to play. He just has to continue to stay sharp as a backup first baseman and catcher. That's just the reality of things right now. I don't believe that Dodgers have a catcher controversy right now.
Speaker 4: What was the atmosphere like when Miguel Rojas came out to pitch the ninth in Toronto?
Speaker 2: Dave, Yeah, I thought it would be worse, but I think since it was, you know, fourteen to one when he came out there, I mean how the air was already taken out of this crowd by the time he came in. I thought there would be more for his harsher booze towards Rojas last night. So we'll see tonight. He's in the starting lineup at shortstop. Let's see when he comes out for his first at bat early in the game. There should be more booze and the booze that we all anticipate for him when he comes to eight.
Speaker 3: David Vasse is our guest. He is at the Rogers Center in Toronto. He's got Yoshi Yamamoto in the pregame show, and Yoshi Yamamoto is taking the mound tonight against the American League champions vanquished last year by these very same Dodgers, the Toronto Blue Jays. Right here on AM five seventy LA Sports, Dave, is there a snell Zilla update? They've weathered some storms with a rookie Society and Robleski. But when will Snell be ready?
Speaker 2: Well, Dave Roberts said on opening Day he expects Snell to be ready by the end of May. My understanding is that Snell is going to throw not just one one time to hitters, He's gonna throw twice to hitters on this upcoming home stand and from there, I'm sure he's got to go out on a rehab assignment and make at least two to three starts before he comes back. But he's feeling great. I spoke to him, no pains throwing bullpens at Dodgers Stadium while the team's on the road. He's watching the games and definitely is thekitching to come back and really contribute in a big way and maybe even make a run at a third cy Young.
Speaker 4: You mentioned Kim, Dave, what do you think the plan will be for as long as as Mooki is out? How will they use both Rojas and Kim? Is Kim do you think kind of long for his time here or is it just part of what's going on with Mooki and when he's ready to come back.
Speaker 2: Well, Alex Freeland has to perform if he doesn't perform, then Kim's staying and Freeland maybe going back to Oklahoma City when Mookie Bets returns. They've given him a lot of opportunities, a lot of at bats. It seems like he's again underwater at the plate. He was zero for five last night, the only Dodgers starter without a hit. So that's all. It's still a competition, right, It's still Freeland versus Kim at this point in time, and it's on display at the major league level. And I think that's what it comes down to. If Kim performs in the opportunities opportunities he gets and Freeland doesn't perform when Mookie Bets comes back, whenever that is, then the Dodgers will have a decision that will be made by those two players.
Speaker 3: Production, Dave, you've been doing this a long time, traveling around with the team back, you know, to the Andre Ethier, Matt Kemp days and beyond. It's the first road trip of the year. Are you getting an idea of the personality of this team? Is it very different from last year? Is they're very much difference at all, with just very few changes. You know, Diaz talker dudes like that.
Speaker 2: When we talked to Miguel Rojas yesterday before the game. On top of talking about being back in Toronto, I asked them about why the Dodger offense has come together here scoring forty five runs in the first four games, and it just seems like this team is starting to gell more. And he said the road trip brings that kind of team together, the chemistry of the team together, because in spring training they're all basically on their own program. They're not really together, they're on different schedules. But he said, the first road trip, the first couple of road trips, really brings a team together because they're they're more they're on the plane together, they're in the hotels together, they're just more of a team than they are in spring training. And look, the confidence among the players on this team is that an all time high after what they did last year and the same guy, adding Kyle Tucker, adding Edwin Diaz and honestly getting off to a really good start offensively on this road trip has reinforced that. Because you could remember when the team left, everybody was wondering about this Dodger offense. Well, it seems like they've silenced all those.
Speaker 4: Critics Dave looking forward to Dodgers on deck. Conversation with Yoshi Yamamoto. First pitch coming up just after four o'clock. Yamamoto on the mom the world series hero and the Dodgers looking to really put the Blue Jays in a tough spot. I then get to Kevin Gosman and I we appreciate it, Dave, have great broadcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys, looking forward to it.
Speaker 3: There he goes David Massey, Dodgers versus Blue Jays, Yoshi Yamamoto on the mound tonight. I doubt that they will be as amused as the Dodger fans were on Yoshi Babblehead night up there in the Great White North. You holsers, stay with us.
Speaker 1: This is Petrone on Demand.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you everybody for listening. Another short show tomorrow will be a short show, a full show Thursday and three hours on Friday, and it's scheduled talk on Petro send money. But isn't it exciting to see the Dodgers just step on that maple leaf and crush it into the dirty dirt of the North, isn't it? Isn't it gratifying?
Speaker 4: Our Canadian neighbors quite upset with the mcguil roa selection into the mound. But hey to the victors go the spoils.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, they threw a position player out there too, they did, and Keith k is hurt. That's who do you want? What do you want? Let's play ball, Matt. I thought you might enjoy this story. Is it is amazing when you read about the circumstances of like the sixties and seventies with the mob in New York. It really is, because it's hard to imagine such chaos today, although I'm sure we haven't, but just not with the organized crime types. Kid Blast Joe Gallo born today and died today, but would have been ninety seven years old, so this would be Italian news. But he was born in New York, red Hook, Brooklyn. Dad was a bootlegger, did very little to discourage him and his brothers from getting into crime. He grew up in Flatbush, where the family had a coffee shop, dropped out of school at sixteen, bunked his head in an auto accident, and developed a nervous tick. That is why he also had the nickname Crazy Joe. That and because he was schizophrenic. Oh. He saw the movie Kiss of Dath in nineteen forty seven, and he loved the gangster character played by Richard Widmark and began to mimic his behavior organized crime. He was a bad guy, hitman and an enforcer while working for the Profossie crime family. In nineteen fifty seven, he murdered Albert Anastasia of the Gambino crime family at the Park Sheraton barber shop. Just pushed the barber out of the way and shot him multiple times. Robert F. Kennedy summoned him to DC to be questioned publicly, where he mocked Robert F. Kennedy and told him he had a great carpet for a dice game. Him and his brothers could carpet you guys got here. He also flirted with the secretary. Him and his brothers took over one of the families, the Profoscies, really, and they took other mobsters hostage, which started a gang war, the Colombo Gang War, resulting in nine murders and three disappearances. They were staying in a dorm during the whole thing. Hit the mattresses. You know, that was the Colombo War. In nineteen sixty one, he went down for extortion in sixty two. While he was incarcerated, his crew, including his two brothers, rescued a bunch of children from a burning building in Brooklyn. They got a lot of good press. And while in prison, he saved a res and rescued a wounded guard during a riot, and he got a lot of good press for that. So he got paroled in seventy one and became part of New York high society, making friends with the actor Jerry orb and going around with Orbok when I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong. He played Dallo in a movie Orbach did It is said that he contracted the shooting of Joe Colombo, which led to his paralysis. It was like a suicide mission like the Hymen Roth the guy that shot him got shot Gallo in nineteen seventy two, at four thirty am. You can't I mean, you can't make this stuff up. Matt seventy two four eight four thirty am with his family entered Umberto's Clamhouse in Little Italy to celebrate his forty third birthday and to see Don Rickles, who was playing late No Brainer, No Brainer. He was spotted, apparently by some Colombo guys, and between seafood courses.
Speaker 4: For stallops were delicious.
Speaker 3: Especially enjoyed the scallops. Four gunmen opened fire with revolvers. He was shot twenty times in the back, arms, and ass. He knocked over a butcher's block, stumbled into the street and died. His bodyguard, Pete, the Greek, who was at the table, was shot in the hip, helped me Pete. Pete. People say he moved to draw fire away from his family. Most people believe that it was Frank Sheeron, the Irishman of Jimmy Hoff of fame.
Speaker 4: That about Frank Shearon who pulled not.
Speaker 3: End Shearon, Frank shear the guy the the Irishman you know the movie, Yeah, not ed Sheeran and James Corden taking ownership of.
Speaker 4: His gouvernant, Frank Sharon the hit man.
Speaker 3: At his funeral, his sister yelled over his casket it that the streets are gonna run with blood. Joey. So they ordered I couldn't believe this story and I left so much out. They ordered a killer from Vegas to come and kill a couple members of the Colombo crime family. The killer didn't recognize him at the restaurant. He went to the Neapolitan noodle restaurant and shot another party of four up, killing two of them.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, you kind of projected that I.
Speaker 3: Made a mistake. Uh. And then the cops basically covered the block that he lived on the city basically condemned it and let it sink into an open trench and no pail had to move. It's an amazing story.
Speaker 4: What do we do here?
Speaker 3: They let it sink into an open fill it with trench, and only four of our families lived there. The others that were displaced hundreds of others. Bob Dylan wrote this ballad called Joey that he performed with The Grateful Dad about him in nineteen seventy six, which was heavily criticized for portraying Joe Gallo in an heroic light because he was a terrible guy. He's been played in a few movies. There you go, Joe Gallo. Very exciting. I love it, Yeah, not as exciting between seafood courses.
Speaker 4: Scallops and the Chirrpino, the very low.
Speaker 3: Oisters in this umbertho, my see you, Pete? Where was Reckles when this is happening?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Hey, don you can't go out there and tell your jokes. A guy just got shut twenty times.
Speaker 4: He was roasting Frank Shearon. You're a live guy. Not nearly as exciting, but considerably more impactful. One of the most impactful individuals in our lives, as he was part of the team that developed the Internet. Sorry, Al Gore, he is eighty today. Robert Metcalf, Happy birthday, Bobby Bordered a big.
Speaker 3: Town father and his flowers.
Speaker 4: Ally all due respect, I don't think you had a goddamn thing to do with it. His father was a big brain scientist, technician type, and of course you know mid nineteen hundreds or early nineteen hundreds, when you're working with gyroscopes, he got a big brain. His son, also the man were celebrating today. Robert Metcalf, was big brain. He went to MIT. He got two degrees, but easy curriculum, just electrical engineering and industrial management. He then went to Harvard to get his mastered and applied mathematics.
Speaker 3: Kate's with his history major at UCL license.
Speaker 4: I have but and then he got his PhD in computer science. That was nineteen seventy three. While a student, he was actively pushing Harvard to connect the university to the new developing arpaet, which was the precursor to the Internet, but they turned him down didn't quite understand it. So he went up the street to MIT and their project MAC. He built all the hardware that would link MIT's mini computers with arpanet. He did his doctoral thesis on that event, and Harvard, perhaps out of spite, rejected it. So no, while is not a spiteful no institution. While he was working at Xerox in their Future Concepts divisions, still awaiting his doctoral degree.
Speaker 3: Xerox used to have it going, like IBM. A lot of people don't really did Yeah, and they don't know how IBM used to have.
Speaker 4: Oh, they really had it going. He came across alohan Net at the University of Hawaii and noticed that there were some flaws in their technology, so he fixed them. He got it up and running and then submitted that as his thesis. It was accepted. He got his PhD.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: While at Park he invented ethernet and his colleague David Boggs introduced it to the world on May twenty second, seventy three. Cited it was the first time the word ethernet ever appeared, and they invented the word as it explained the idea of using coax as ether, where the participating stations like a look, Pawnet or Arbinet would inject their packets of data travel around at megabits per second. Took until November of that year for them to actually work out all the kinks, and Xerox wasn't that into it, so he was just like, all right, it's gonna work, So I'm just gonna leave and start my company that'll actually produce this stuff. He started three Com took it the Silicon Valley in seventy nine, introduced ethernet Ethernet cards that would connect computers on a local access network the land that you see on the side of your computers back in the day. And as you can imagine, it took off. They were huge. They used all those profits to do what get the naming rights to Candlestick, which became three Com Park. From ninety five through two thousand and two, they kept growing over six thousand employees. When he sold it to HP for two points.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what we're gonna do. We're gonna take that pilot trash. In Hunter's point, We're here to slap our name.
Speaker 4: On it check it out. With all that money, he basically walked away and went back into teaching professor at Texas, followed by mit. He's got a bunch of awards, the Touran Award, the Medal of Honor, the National Medal of Technology. He is in the National Inventors Hall of Fame for the ethernet stuff. And he is eighty today. So happy birthday, Robert metcalf Well.
Speaker 3: That is our show, podcasted on the iHeartRadio app Enjoy it, but most of all Yoshi Yamamoto with David Masse, Tim Kaids. Coming up next with marang Tho Casino, Dodgers on Deck, the Dodgers back in Canada, the scene of the glory of the twenty twenty five World Series, Rogers Center in Toronto. Enjoy the game, everybody. We're calling back on tomorrow.