Speaker 1: This is the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Top Sheldon Roundtable Show live from Longneck, Sin Wilder, presented by Postman Law. Brought to you in part by Honda East and Honda East Power Equipment Dealer Skyline Chile Feeling good. It's Skyline time. R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider, your tri state Chevy Dealers, Chevrolet, the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for the past nine years. Chevrolet Together, Let's drive Postman Law Injured call eight four four, Postman Others Promise, Postman Delivers and by Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon five one three five one three toph on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 2: Now let's get it go on six oh six on seven hundred WLW. It's Thursday night. It must be the Roundtable Show.
Speaker 3: We are on the road to our second stop, the Long Next run.
Speaker 2: Throughout this season, we spent the first month of the season at the Wilder location. Loved it there. They took great care of us. Now we're on to stop number two for the month of October. We're in Richwood. We love the rich Wood set up rock. They have approximately stop counting. I think they have sixty seven TVs. They have the longest bar I've ever seen. They've got a pool table. Remember last year, the youngster pull Shark, he was like nine years old, came in with his case and opened it up and then just started hustling and money was like being exchanged, and the kid.
Speaker 3: Walked out just big smile on us.
Speaker 4: As a guy who used to play a lot of pool in college. Here face a guy who walks in with his own.
Speaker 3: Turnaround, turn around and leave.
Speaker 4: Make sure you have a little amount of money on the table.
Speaker 3: Absolutely all right, We've got plenty to get to you know.
Speaker 2: You know this was all in a little bit of flux up until the end of the evening last night. Had the Reds won, I would not have been here. Mo would have been here because I would have been on Red's duties. But because they lost. So I'm sad they lost, but I'm happy I'm with you. Does that make it make sense?
Speaker 3: I'll take that. So there you go.
Speaker 2: We've got three hours tonight to get it done. We're gonna hear from our stable of guests that include trags. Mike Petrelli coming up in about twelve minutes. We're gonna hear from Chad Brendle, Big UC football game on Saturday, Major UC basketball news late this afternoon.
Speaker 3: Chad with the latest on that.
Speaker 2: Greg Shoemaker has four high school football games picked out, and Dan Claskins has your fantasy football fix along the way. A couple of things that caught my ear this week Rock that we can listen to and discuss. Tim McGee, the former Bengal, with what he said about this team to Tom Brennan this week. Lomas Brown, the longtime Lions offensive lineman of eighteen years, his comments on Bengals line this week. A couple of things from Zach Taylor and a member of the Lockdown Lyons team that talked about the matchup this weekend.
Speaker 3: All of that to get to, But can I get to the headlines? Yes, far away?
Speaker 2: All right, Let's begin with the Bengals, who've got to work on those Lions today. Injury updates, no a fan practice today. Clear concussion protocol was back at practice today. Among those not practicing, wide receiver Charlie Jones with the achilles injury, and defensive end Shamar Stewart, dealing with the ankle neither practiced. Ken Anderson, Isaac Curtis, and Lamar Parrish had a list of fifty two senior candidates for this year's induction to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The names now go to the nine member Senior Blue Ribbon Committee. They'll cut that list to twenty five names later this month, then a semi final field down to nine, and then next month the committee selects three seniors who advance to the Class of twenty twenty six finals. Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson today did not practice second straight day dealing with the hamstring issue. His status remains in question for Sunday. If he can't go, Cooper Rush would be the starting quarterback against the Texans and Pro Bowl safety Kyle Hamilton did not practice today after injuring is going yesterday. Two significant Ravens out of practice today. Thursday Night Football forty nine Ers at the Rams eight to fifteen on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. Wildcard action today just completed. Tigers beat the Guardians in advance. It was a game three winner.
Speaker 3: Take all.
Speaker 2: The Tigers collapse late in the season, then recovered and now they're moving on they take out the Guardians. Six' Three cubs leading The. Padres let me see. HERE i want to give you an. Update LAST i saw was through Three top, four now top Four cubs leading two to. Nothing eight o'clock Tonight Yankee, Stadium Red sox And yankees a winner take.
Speaker 3: All oh.
Speaker 2: Baby here's The College Basketball News class of twenty twenty. Six top fifty Recruit Cayden allen has committed to you see this. Afternoon the six to five wing shows The bearcats over Old Miss, Georgia, Tech cal and. Others Chad brendl A bearcat journal at seven oh six with more on. That he's West miller's first commitment in the twenty twenty sixth. CLASS Fc cincinnati continued prep For saturday's match At New York Red. Bulls Laurel faylor Of Queen City press writes That patt New, an, Indicated Obina, Wobado Matt, miosga And Roman celentano all are available for selection On. Saturday center Back Miles robinson named THE us men's national team twenty six man roster for the Upcoming OCTOBER Fifa International, window And Kevin dinke called up Representing. Togo all of that among your headlines. Today all, Right where to begin with what took place On monday? Night ROCK i, WAS i was working under the assumption they would be. BETTER i THINK i said last week at this, time they'll be. BETTER i don't, know it'll be good enough to win on the. Road and my theory was they couldn't possibly be worse than The minnesota. Game and, yet lo and, behold they turned around and they were absolutely worse.
Speaker 3: Than The minnesota game in two.
Speaker 2: Games that to, me they were virtually, uncompetitive AND i don't know how that happens in consecutive.
Speaker 4: Weeks as bad as The vikings game, was this was much. Worse, yeah you could blame The vikings game and all the. Turnovers it just kind of got out of, hand spun out of. Control but this was just a systematic destruction.
Speaker 3: Of the rain working. Choice, YES i mean you are.
Speaker 2: Talking AS i pull up the, numbers it's difficult to comprehend this actually. Happened they were outgained in AN nfl game five hundred and twelve to one fifty. Nine it's the most lopsided margin in THE nfl this. Season the last two, weeks they've been out gained eight sixty four to three hundred and. Thirty those are numbers you would expect if you had like a FIVE a school against a two way school in high school, football that type of. Mismatch this can't happen in AN nfl, Game and yet it.
Speaker 4: Did, NO i mean all kinds of alarming. Statistics how about eleven penalties and just nine first? Downs never heard of anything like, That never heard anything of the you, know have more penalties than first. Downs outscored seventy six or thirteen and two games outscored fifty six or fifty five to six in the last two first. Halves it's just anyway you, slices it's not except.
Speaker 2: They had four penalties on one. DRIVE i don't know the last TIME i saw four penalties on one. Drive and there was a classic grant From Paul Dayner junior From The athletic and The growler podcast he does where it was along the lines of there were times they had too many men on the, field there were times they had too few guys on the, field and other times they had all the guys they needed on the field and they had no idea where they were supposed to. Be they were just running around the amount of waving of hands and pointing and guys not being guys running onto the field late defensively before the, snap and the fact that they called a time out to avoid a delay a game on a. Punt it's just it's so what's infuriating is that's Like mickey mouse.
Speaker 3: STUFF i, mean you can't do.
Speaker 4: That, yeah you have to have the right amount of guys on the. FIELD i mean that that knock on wood that doesn't happen in a youth game. Much and the problem lands is that if this team was more talented, overall they could overcome some of these. Things you could overcome a, turnover you could overcome a, penalty you could overcome even a ten guys on the.
Speaker 3: Field but the.
Speaker 4: Line of air they have is so, small and then they go out there and have an abundance of, these you, know these presnat penalties and things that just shoot themselves in the. Foot so you, know, again you can overcome some things when you're, very very, talented and this team is.
Speaker 5: NOT.
Speaker 2: Yea my concern now is we're gonna we'll talk About zach later in the, show and hear perspective On. Zach we'll talk with trags here in a, SECOND i almost fear in Watching zach now two games Without. Joe my fear is That zach has reached a point that Without, joe he doesn't know what to do, now and he doesn't know where to turn or where to find the. Answers and you look at him on the sidelines with almost a sense of, helplessness, like oh, crap what AM i gonna do? NOW i don't know what to do? Next for my football.
Speaker 4: Team, Well i've been saying this all week that the whole theme of this team is built On JOE o ballast. Out, yes you know we we don't have that grade of a, line but guess, What joe gets the ball his, hand he'll balace. Out you, know our defense really really, struggles but guess What joe ballace. Out he'll put thirty four on the. Board and you don't want to live like that. Anyway but now the fact That joe's not, There you're, right it's like they don't have any answers because the answer always Was joe will just make a, play no, doubt and it's it's very.
Speaker 3: Frustrating all, right we'll take our first time.
Speaker 2: Out we are up and Running Big, Night Big, night rolling until nine o'clock to Night up Next trags on The bengals beat for CL Ns media s C lns Since hewthy Dot. Com we'll ask him About Monday. Night we'll ask him About Jamar chase speaking up to the team After Monday night's, game all of that as we. Continue it's The cincinnati tax resolution powered By tope showed In roundtable Show we're At long Next day In richwood this, month it's presented By Postman law seven HUNDRED wlw.
Speaker 3: Six eighteen seven.
Speaker 2: Hundred See Cincinnati Tax resolution powered By top Showdon roundtable Show we're At Long necks In, richwood presented By. Postman lot's brought to you in part By Hawksword Blood, Centers Hawksword Donors Save Lives close To. Home who you, say Blance, Pacallister Rocky, Boyman we're in search Of Mike Petralia. Joe just keep Calling trags and let us know if we get him on the. LINE i do know Where trags will be next. Week at this time he will be here Because rock has a game On thursday. Night So trags kind of enough to join, us join me six to seven Next thursday. Night where are you While i'm thinking of where are you at Next? THURSDAY i don't, know you don't know.
Speaker 3: Yet i'm just.
Speaker 4: KIDNAPPED i am what time Is It'm southern myss At Georgia southern eight, PM espn two there.
Speaker 3: All, right there you. GO i hope to get trags in this.
Speaker 2: Segment one THING i want to ask him about Is Jamar chase spoke today about speaking up to the team and kind of along the lines of assuming even more of a leadership, role so to, speak when you're in a stretch like this where things have gone? Sideways what role does the vocal aspect of leaders?
Speaker 3: Saying is? That?
Speaker 2: How what kind of line is that to walk? Up just do your? Job or does word?
Speaker 3: HELP i was, SAYING i think a messaging help at this. Point it can as long as it's.
Speaker 4: Sincere and there's there's very few people on the team that that can step up and be the vocal locker room guy or else it's just just comes off as instance. Insincere AND i Think Jamar chase is a guy that certainly can do. That but it's also more, about you, know the, realization you, know those are grown, men and the coaches aren't gonna like come up with some grand. Solutions it's gonna happen from the players got in terms of.
Speaker 3: The mindset and understand this is.
Speaker 4: Unacceptable if you are someone that believes it is, acceptable then then you need a wake up call that kind of. Thing SO i think a good sincere talking to by a guy who is universally known as a leader on the team is absolutely.
Speaker 2: Necessary, Yeah I'm i'm struck by In Ted carris And i'm paraphrasing When ted talked today as well about the the urgency and how intense it's been.
Speaker 3: The last couple of.
Speaker 2: DAYS i guess the cynical side of me, says for every statement made this week about urgency and got to get it right and got to get it, fixed and it's on, me and it's that was the case a week ago after The minnesota.
Speaker 3: Game so you know What i'm.
Speaker 2: SAYING i find it difficult to buy what's the messaging one week later when you've had another performance like. That it reaches a point where, somebody somehow has to provide the the. Fix it just can't Be zach continuing to say it's on, me starts with me gotta Do, okay everybody understands THAT i Give zach no points for publicly acknowledging it's on.
Speaker 3: Me it starts with. Me everybody knows. That and to, me when you've.
Speaker 2: Lost the way they have in the last two, weeks saying it to me just is infuriating because you're you're not giving a, solution and then you're not providing the solution actually out on the. Field so it just, hollow is the Word i'm looking. For it just rings hollow of absence of actual. Evidence we're left with just the words of the head. Coach And i'm. Sorry we'll get into this. Later if in, fact this organization is reduced to this the last two weeks because they don't Have Joe, burrow then this organization has a major problem because it's not really AN nfl football.
Speaker 3: Team it's a. Quarterback that's my. Problem you. SHOULDN'T i get That joe.
Speaker 2: Is a damn good, quarterback AND i get that losing him changes your football. Team but if it changes your football team to the, fact to the point you're not competitive for two weeks in a, row then what does that say about the structure and the foundation in your organization as a, whole in actually building a football.
Speaker 4: Team, well a couple of points back to your first one is if it's two weeks in a row of this has got to get fixed and it's on, me and two weeks, later no one can point to a palpable distinctive thing that they've changed or made a point of, emphasis can you?
Speaker 3: Know?
Speaker 4: Right SO i think that's the part where it definitely rings. Hollow it's like if you say, that even if it doesn't, work if the Fangus, okay, WELL i can see that they tried, this and they did, this and they may bench this guy and they put that guy in, there they're gonna try, him they're gonna try to do this in the run.
Speaker 3: Game BUT i don't Think i'm making. Point it's kind of like the same.
Speaker 4: Thing so it rings especially how that's just to your point About. Burrow, yeah it has the feel of like a like a youth team where the quarterback is the, biggest, fastest tallest kid on the. Team, yes and when he's, out well we're.
Speaker 3: Screwed that's a great.
Speaker 4: Way that's that's not happened at THE nfl, level you, know youth, level high school, even but but like like a major college certainly AN nfl team you should not be totally lost in the woods if your star quarterback can't.
Speaker 2: Play, yeah nobody is expecting or demanding The bengals to win every game Without Joe. Burrow i'm not even sure anybody really would fairly expect them to be a playoff team Without Joe. Burrow BUT i can damn well guarantee you that Without Joe burrow you can't be out gained five twelve to one fifty Nine monday night and produced three hundred and thirty yards in the last two.
Speaker 3: Games that's just, that that's unacceptable.
Speaker 4: ACCEPTABLE i played on A chiefs team in two thousand and. Eighty we went two and.
Speaker 3: Fourteen i've told the story, before BUT i never got the.
Speaker 4: SENSE i, mean the fans were, disappointed but Like i've probably felt like we fought, hard AND i feel like the fans at least, Respect, like you, know we had a you, Know tyler Think ben God loving was our. Quarterback you, know there's not much you can, do you, know like we were, short but like like we were a lot of games we were in like there was you, know a lot most games we were losing by three, points one. Point but to just get blown, out like The bengals have two weeks in a.
Speaker 3: Row it seems like they're totally.
Speaker 2: Lost, well And i'll give you another example OF i guess filed under the category of say what you, mean mean what you. SAY i thought there was an opportunity in the very first drive of the game for all to talk. About we need to find a running, game we need to establish, it we need to have a, presence we need to be more.
Speaker 3: Physical that was the talk all last week leading up to the.
Speaker 2: Game and here on the opening, drive they get it down to The denver eight yard line and it's third and two on the opening drive of the, game And, Rock i'm thinking at home third and, Two, Man i'd Almost i'm being facetious here a little, bit But i'd almost call time, out bring my offensive line over and, say, guys this out's gonna. Be it's third and, two it's the opening. Drive i'll tell you what we're. Doing we're gonna run it twice. Twice if we don't get it on third, down we're gonna run it on fourth. Down and if we don't get it at that, point you guys are on your.
Speaker 3: Own get.
Speaker 2: Home and that's why it would have been that type of. Messaging i'm tired of us not committing to the. Run i'm tired of its not being successful on the. Run and you know, What we're gonna show some. Physicality, here show me what you. Got you, get, guys here's the. Assignment you get two plays to gain two. Yards AND i think that would have BEEN i, mean If i'm Tak carris And I'm dylan fairchilding guys hearing, THAT i would have probably turned, around ran out on the field with steam coming up from our ears and put my hand down on the ground and look at the other guy and growl at him and, say here it. Comes try to stop. This and instead they throw the ball a little.
Speaker 3: Fade to T.
Speaker 2: Higgins it's, incomplete And i'm, thinking what are we?
Speaker 3: Doing and that?
Speaker 2: Anyway and that is so simple a third and. Two it's just it's such a simple philosophy to. Me if you're going to say, it then mean it and do. It and on third and, two what better opportunity to say to your offensive line and the mentality of your football, Team, guys we're going to run the ball here and we're gonna get a first.
Speaker 4: Down, well if you keep, preaching we got to earn the, ball which is. Obvious you're, right that is the perfect opportunity to do it and if. Successful, okay now we have something to build. On we've shown we can have some success at. This but, yeah, yeah the random just fade balls down the. SIDELINE i didn't didn't quite.
Speaker 2: UNDERSTAND i also, think and we'll talk about this a little bit later on when it comes to the. Offense and we Saw jamar was frustration On monday. Night it wasn't like he was ranting and raving and screaming and waving and declaring give me the damn ball like He Sean, johnson but it was clear he was talking With zach about what was going. ON i wonder as this season plays out right. NOW i looked it up, today and you know how seasons affect players and really good, players And i'm not saying they're, selfish but there comes a point where you start to have to you certainly you're calculating in your head the way this season's, Gone i'm not gonna put up very good. Numbers and right now T higgins is on pace on pace for forty three catches for five hundred and seventy eight yards And Jamar chase is on pace for six hundred fewer yards receiving than a year ago when he won The Triple. Crown at some, point And i'm not saying from a selfish, standpoint but at some, point guys.
Speaker 3: Have to, think what the hell are we doing with this? Offense?
Speaker 2: How how are we not able to accomplish anything? Offensively and at that, POINT i just sense guys would turn to their coach and, say, dude what's?
Speaker 6: Up WHAT i?
Speaker 3: Mean we got to be able to do.
Speaker 4: SOMETHING i, SAY i don't Think Jamar chase is selfish at. ALL i think it's the. OPPOSITE i think it's self. Less he, recognizes you, know like it or. Not, Boys i'm the best player on the, team, yes AND i need to touch the ball AND i want to do that to help all of.
Speaker 6: Us.
Speaker 4: Right it'd be different If Mike gisiki is complaining that he's not his catches aren't.
Speaker 3: There that's.
Speaker 4: Selfish But Jamar, chase everybody there knows he's the, guy so him wanting the balmar is a is the smart thing to do and shows that he.
Speaker 2: Cares rocket is time for our standing ovation for last. Week it is presented By ovation the urban resort Where, Cincinnati, covington And newport come. TOGETHER i thought long and hard about, this and the idea of the standing ovation is to applaud somebody's effort On, monday On monday. Night tell me if you agree here What i've decided to. Do i'm gonna go off the board And i'm going to give a standing ovation to anybody who stayed up and listened to it and watched it until the.
Speaker 3: End how's that they? Get she likes? That she, yeah, yeah right. There.
Speaker 2: Yeah if you stayed, up if you committed to that, game that's the standing ovation that is deserved for the, effort the time and effort put into that. Performance you get the standing. Ovation as the, fan that is the. Ovation standing ovation brought to you By Ovation Applaud Life, Experience, ovation Visit ovation on The river dot. Com little did we, Know little did we think rock when the season, began that we'd reach a point in the first quarter of the season where the standing ovation From ovation would go to the, fans because put up with that beforewards when we come, back.
Speaker 3: Right you're having to save that for, like you, know week fifteen. Exactly, Now week fifteen came way too. Early for this.
Speaker 2: Season rock there is much more to get, to some more reaction To Monday Night, football and a couple of things That tim, McGee Former bengals wide receiver had to say With Tom brenneman earlier this week on seven hundred that after we check, news if you're out and, about stop buy and hang out with.
Speaker 3: Us we're At Long next In.
Speaker 2: Richwood it's A Cincinnati Tax Resolution power By Tope sheldon Round Table show presented By Postman law seven HUNDRED wlw six thirty, five seven HUNDRED. Wlw were hanging at It Long next In. Richwood if It's thursday, night it, is in fact the Round Table. Show it is The Cincinnati Tax Resolution power By Tope sheldon Round Table show presented By Postpin, Long Lance pcalister along With Rocky boyman until nine tonight seven O'clock Chad, Brendel Bearcat Journal, talks BUT Uc Football showdown On. Saturday Greg schuemaker has four high school games picked out for us at seven thirty six to night And Dan klaskins gets a set up for the week that will be In fantasy. Football by the, way shout out To suzanne From. Ovation We Love, Obason we love Seeing suzanne, here AND i remind you That America's River Roots festival comes alive At. Ovation bourbon, beer, dining live, music and panoramic skyline views Along kentucky's. Boardwalk ovation is the perfect spot for the riverboat parade in. Races don't Miss River roots At Ovation october ninth through the Twelfth ovation on.
Speaker 3: The River Dot.
Speaker 2: Come all, right we're still searching for, trags BUT i want to get into a couple of things That tim McGee, said the Former Cincinnati bengal ten YEAR nfl veteran wide. Receiver he Joins Tom bredman every the day at Usually mondays after The bengals game in the eight o'clock aur just still in perspective and some context to what has taken place the previous. DAY a couple of things he SAID i found. Interesting let's listen to the first. One this Is tim his observations of the struggles of the offense and the connection of performance on the field to the offensive.
Speaker 3: Coaches take a.
Speaker 6: Listen when you look.
Speaker 7: At The Cincinnati bengals from an offensive, STANDPOINT i don't think they've changed their.
Speaker 6: MENTALITY i think they're in.
Speaker 7: DENIAL i think they feel they can do the same thing as If Joe burrow was still, playing and that's the way the play.
Speaker 6: Called it seems to.
Speaker 7: Be it seems to be he's still got this guy back, there and Then Joe, burrow who's one of the, best the top three best quarterbacks in the league to arguably depending on where you, are they feel that, listens we don't have to modify or change our. Playbook we're still going to have high, risk low rewards opportunities and when we're going to take. Them AND i just think it's backfire in this, team offensive, league defensive, league special teams, coaching they're just not very good and all what's being exposed is what we kind of. Knew SO i think we're more disappointed than. Up this is not a surprise or to. Speak so that's where they are and it's going to be a long seaming BECAUSE i just don't think they're very very.
Speaker 2: Talented tim McGee earlier this week With Tom brenneman here one HUNTER wlw interesting point on in denial of thinking they can do the same thing With Jake browning as they did With Joe, burrow and, newsflash they're not the. SAME i know teams ideally your backup quarterback is similar, enough you can run the same, offense But. Joe joe is unique from the standpoint of being able to process the line of. Scrimmage zach will send in two Plays joe can. Process take a, look pick out one that's that's Not Jake. Browning that's not a slam On. Jake it's just there's a Reason jake was an undrafted. Quarterback who's the backup quarterback on The. Bengals he's Not. Joe SO i find that an interesting point By tim that you you have to make a concession that we're not working With joe. Anymore we need to Help jake more than we ever needed to Help, joe or this offense isn't going to go.
Speaker 6: Anywhere BUT i.
Speaker 3: Would just say that they.
Speaker 4: Can't again back to my original point that this team was built not not just like what they decide to, do but built On joe will bail us, out.
Speaker 3: And that he's.
Speaker 4: Not if he's not, there there really is not another option to go. To there's not another thing they're good at except For joe making an unbelievable. Play so.
Speaker 2: Think about, This we're this is What joe's sixth, Year how how have we reached this point that six years Into Zach taylor's career as a head, coach he's incapable of operating without his franchise. QUARTERBACK i, mean you're, IF i, mean if if that's the reality of the, situation That Zach taylor is really not AN nfl head. Coach he's just somebody who's been riding the coattails Of Joe. Burrow and that sounds, mean BUT i, mean show me something that that counters that right, now because they just they look.
Speaker 4: Incapable BUT i, mean it shouldn't be that much of a surprise that this is more or less the exact same team that they rolled out last, year except for they don't have To, burrow, Right it's not like there's you can, say, well they made this offseason addition and really changed the. Secondary and, NO i, mean you Know Demtio's knight's playing, okay all, Right Shamar stewart has heard like you, know THE d Lineman Miles, murphy if, not just like everybody knew we're not going to take some major. Steps so it's the exact same team that struggled last. Year now they're doing the same thing without their best.
Speaker 3: Player it's very. SIMPLE i think that's a great.
Speaker 2: Point AND i REMEMBER i remember a CONVERSATION i had With Kelsey conway Of The inquirer back in the. Offseason this may have been around The Senior, bowl AND i think she had talked With Duke tobin that week at The Senior, bowl and she was. RELATING i had asked her about things he said about how he viewed the. Team And i'm paraphrasing, here but she said the sense was that they looked at last season and thought we had some bad. Luck there was the drop By Tamor hudson at the goal line early in the. Season there was the fourth and sixteen penalty Against Dejohon Anthony now on that freak play that if that doesn't, happen they Beat Kansas. City there was the bad snap and they kicked By evan that rarely. Happens that thought that Lou An arumo was the wrong guy for the, defense so they got rid of him and scapegoated, him and That Cam Taylor britt would be. Better and to what you just laid, out the thought as an, organization our luck will be, better our players will get, better and we'll find a defensive coordinator who will bring out the best of our guys and we will be. Okay and think of rolling that pair of, dice that. Belief when you're operating in The Joe burrow. Window you can't operate on luck and hope and scapegoating your defensive. Cord when you have somebody Like Joe, burrow when you have a precious commodity Like, joe you need to go blank to the wall to say we're doing everything we can because we've Got joe and we are going for it and luck and firing your defensive.
Speaker 3: Coordinator, THAT.
Speaker 4: I, mean the luck thing is, amazing because talk about the most non, real non palpable thing there. Is luck like what it's almost like like the staff should like on the bye, week go to The saints or so some team that just just can't get the quarterback right and you, know don't have that fix and just kind of learn how it's what it's like to live and come back and, say.
Speaker 3: Yes, boy we really have it good, here.
Speaker 4: Boys and we got it such a luxury and we're we're really.
Speaker 3: Wasting it right.
Speaker 4: Now BY i, mean every every, business every certainly ball team at any level should look to improve the roster every single, year and if you're a mediocre.
Speaker 3: Team you should look to improve it a.
Speaker 4: Lot if you're a really good, Team, okay maybe there's but there's still one or.
Speaker 3: Two The eagles won the Super bowl last, year and they made.
Speaker 4: Moves and they weren't gonna sit there and, say, oh we're going to the Super, bowl but you, know if we get the same amount of, lock we'll probably be. Okay it's not a way to look at.
Speaker 3: Things they.
Speaker 2: They looked At Cam taylor brit for all the issues they had in the, secondary and their conclusion was After Cam Taylor brit was, BENT i lost track how many times he was bench last, year two or three. Times it seemed he was bench last, year and they just proceeded to believe this year he'd be better because maybe because of a new defensive coordinator and he's ALREADY i Mean lou or Not. Lou But zach admitted this week would Ask Kam taylor brit played five Snaps monday night and the thought, was well was at the, hamstring And zach said publicly it was not injury. Related so he was benched again On monday night for, performing but.
Speaker 4: That in a way very similar to The, reds where the thought, Was, wellry you, know bring In Terry francona and that's worth ten.
Speaker 3: Wins, yes they thought the same thing with Al.
Speaker 4: Goling, well, yes you know Al golon will come, in he'll solve other problems when there's a lot of evidence that, says you, know maybe that particular player is, is it's not gonna, happen you. KNOW i, mean he can be a, backup but he's never gonna all of a sudden turn into some other worldly player just because you change the defensive.
Speaker 2: Coordinator it's not a WISE i mentioned That traggs wrote a piece this week for c L ns since he with the y Dot, com and the headline was it's time for The bengals to question every facet of their football operation because it's.
Speaker 3: Broken AND i had written.
Speaker 2: Down this line that followed AND i was going to ask him about it, tonight but he wrote their history The, bengals their history is to act like the future is more important than the, present meaning they're always looking to kick it up draft picks now because when he picks down the. Road can't do this now because it might hurt down the. Road and he said The eagles And Howie roseman don't operate that. Way The eagles look at the, present the moment being the most important. THING i thought that was a great line By, tracks because he's absolutely right.
Speaker 3: It, is AND i think it's even more.
Speaker 4: Recently and you see by the teams that win The Super, bowl they Take benner swing, yes and always worry about it. Later, yeah worry about it. Later and that's kind of a good philosophy for. Life right like, tomorrow we'll we're about tomorrow and. Tomorrow but right, now let's let's do what we can to build the best team on the. Field and there'll be away we'll be able to move something around and to make sure we replenish the. Feature but right, now let's let's try to try to win football. Games because, tomorrow if you, wait tomorrow rarely. Comes if you're always, like, well tomorrow and then tomorrow, Tomorrow, yeah.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow Joe burrow turns, thirty tomorrow beeting next. Year think about. That joe's gonna be thirty next.
Speaker 2: Year one more From tim McGee earlier this week With Tom bredevan here on seven HUNDRED. Wlw tim talking about frustration and what frustration shows take a.
Speaker 7: Listener when frustration, occurs reality is setting. In it's we're not very good And i've been, There i've been. There you you. Falsify you said we're going to go into this season and we're going to be really. Good and when you look At, tom this team was literally two plays away from being on. Four if there wasn't a drop ball In jacksonville and The mitsfield go In, cleveland they can contigulably be on. Four they, know and they know it's not like they're, going, Oh we're we're gangbusters and we're we're gonna do. This, no they know they have some deficiencies and they know that they're just not a very good football. Team so, yes the frustration is going to kick, in. Rightfully, so but there's nothing you can do because the fifty three guys around, you you're not going to go and be able to change and bring in this you, know a very good player in The bengals are.
Speaker 6: Known for not.
Speaker 7: Tree so you gotta get what you gotta, get.
Speaker 3: All, right that last, Line you're gonna get what it is to Wote Tracy. Jones it is what it. Is they've got fifty three here and they're not.
Speaker 4: CHANGING i thought back to my rookie year with The titans was two and we won our first game and lost four. Straight so you, could you, know you could look at that and, say oh my, god this is a bad.
Speaker 3: Team but we knew that that we weren't, bad you. KNOW i, mean we knew there was a good.
Speaker 4: Team there was a you, know a couple of things or an, injury there was this and, that but it was it was we knew we were a good. TEAM i don't think To tim's, point This bengals team thinks that they really, are and he's right. There their frustration is setting him because if the reality is, there and that, is it's not there's no cavalry coming and there's no one gonna save us.
Speaker 3: Here when we come.
Speaker 2: BACK a couple of comments At Lomas, brown who's part of The Detroit lions broadcast, team eighteen YEAR nfl, veteran made To Dave laphaman And wayne Box MILLER i thought were fascinating in how the The Detroit lions organization is structured and the connection from on office to coach to. PLAYERS a little bit on that as we. Continue He's, Rocky i'm Lance, man thanks for hanging out, tonight stop buy and hang out in.
Speaker 3: Person we're at Long next In.
Speaker 2: Richwood it's The cincinnati tax resolution powered By tope shown In Roundtable show presented By Postman law seven HUNDRED wlw.
Speaker 3: Close it in on seven o'clock on This thursday.
Speaker 2: Night it's the roundtable show Log next In, richwood presented By Postman law here each and Every. Thursday by the, way and we have not we have not mentioned. This remind Me, rock this will be an off air. Match remind me to mention our poster giveaway in house when we get to the, break Because Sean bolker has A bengals print he's giving away each week here on the. Show all, RIGHT i think we've GOT i think we've tracked him. DOWN i think we have. Trags do we have?
Speaker 3: Trags? Trags are?
Speaker 8: There?
Speaker 3: WAIT i heard a?
Speaker 2: CLICK i think it is he covers The bengals from c L ns since he with a y dot com host of The Jungle world podcast on. YouTube would this Be Mike Petrolia it.
Speaker 9: Would be, indeed, GENTLEMEN a little bit, late but happy to join.
Speaker 2: You it is great to hear from. You it's been a busy. Day we appreciate you making. Time Jamar chase spoke today about speaking.
Speaker 3: Up what did he?
Speaker 9: Say he wants guys to play with anger and, emotion and he thinks that's a good. Sign of, course he doesn't want his team mates losing control on the field and drawing fifteen yard.
Speaker 3: Penalties but in.
Speaker 9: Terms of on the, SIDELINE i think he wants more vocal. Leadership he wants people yelling at each other when things are, sloppy like eleven. Penalties when you have eleven penalties and that's two more than first downs that you have for a, game that's. Problem And monday night was another example of The bengals being sloppy and undisciplined as a team across.
Speaker 3: The board in all three.
Speaker 9: Areas and that's Where Zach taylor knows he has to step up and accept responsibility that this team is not prepared mentally for a lot of these. Games and that's WHAT i think a lot of fans can see when they watch This bengals. Team, yes they don't Have Joe.
Speaker 3: Burrow we all.
Speaker 9: Understand, that we all understand that they're not the same.
Speaker 3: Team but with that in, mind.
Speaker 9: All the more reason this team should bear down on the fundamentals and execute as close to flawlessly as, possible and it doesn't look like there's an emphasis or a priority physically or mentally on doing.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 4: Tracked you're around this team a, lot you know the, personalities you know the. Players is there a player too that you can think of that maybe you know has the position and the authority to be a little more, vocal but isn't yet like A Ted.
Speaker 3: TERRRIS i don't. Know i'm just trying to think of.
Speaker 9: Something that's exactly WHERE i was going to. Go that's exactly WHERE i was going to.
Speaker 3: Go Carrison Orlando Brown.
Speaker 9: Junior they are, captains they are team, captains BUT i think they probably have to be a little more vocal on the. Sideline go up and read The Riot act to these, linemen including, themselves and they have to say that what we're doing is not, acceptable even when they're not committing the. Penalties when you're getting blown off the ball, constantly when you can't run the ball two and a half yards three yards of, carry when you're hoole held to two and a half yards of, pop that's, unacceptable especially when you don't Have Joe. Burrow so you know The bengals are going to have to do some soul. Searching it's, cliche but it's. True and then in terms of getting the defense lined up, properly that's again. INEXCUSABLE i, mean That's Pop warner. Stuff and if you don't know who's supposed to be on the field or where you're supposed to be when you get on the, field that's a damning sign that you're not well prepared for the.
Speaker 6: Game and.
Speaker 2: Drags if anybody thought there was, Doubt zach clearly erased it this. Week he is firmly in the corner Of Jake browning.
Speaker 9: Well AND i think part of that is they don't really have another option at this. POINT i know names Like Russell wilson And Jameis winston get thrown out. THERE i think this team needs to show that they're worthy of the front office going out and making a. Move now that being, said if the front office went out and made a proactive mood, move because the division is winnable With baltimore banged, up The browns to The, browns nobody takes them seriously and The steelers have a reputation of playing for ten or eleven weeks great and then folding down the stretch Under Mike, tomlin they get worn. Down the division is there to be taken if you just play at a good to average, level and The bengals are nowhere close to.
Speaker 10: That maybe a.
Speaker 9: Guy Like Jamis winston comes in and could make a difference in two to three, games but more likely than, not until you clean, yourself you clean your act up on both sides of the, ball it probably wouldn't make a.
Speaker 2: Difference, treggs you wrote an absolutely phenomenal story earlier this, week headline Read it's time for The bengals to question every facet of their football operation because it's. Broken there was one LINE i want to highlight and ask you about in the story That rock AND i just talked. About this line you wrote their history is to act like the future is more important than the. Present and you compare a contrast to that to The eagles At Howie roseman and it's night and, day isn't?
Speaker 11: It?
Speaker 3: Oh it?
Speaker 9: IS i, mean the priority in those cities is to Win Super. Bowls the priority In cincinnati is sign your star, players put fans in the, seats and hope to win with your best players playing at a tip top.
Speaker 6: Level, well the problem with that is if.
Speaker 9: You get one or two of your star players go down with injury and you haven't signed, depth you haven't scouted, properly you haven't done the work you needed to do in free, agency which clearly they did not at the interior guard position, offensively then that's going to leave you short and you're going to get. Exposed and that's what's happened with These, bengals and it's happened throughout. HISTORY i, MEAN i don't want, to you, know rail on the last four, decades but everybody listening to this knows what the record. Is the record is the. Record your history is your, history and that's.
Speaker 6: ALL i was pointing.
Speaker 3: Out Kim Taylor, britt what do you make of his current?
Speaker 9: Status, ACTUALLY i should say very. SHAKY i would say he is on the brink of being benched for longer periods than just one or two. SNAPS i think there's a possibility if he doesn't pick up his quality of, play and Now golden referenced that this week and meeting with us On. Wednesday if he doesn't pick it, UP i think The bengals are going to just have to sit him and go with some younger, players whether It's Marco, wilson he got some time On monday, night.
Speaker 1: Didn't really look.
Speaker 9: Great Big, Newton josh Big newton is going to get more playing, time and CERTAINLY Dj turner And Dax, hill assuming they don't get, hurt are going to play. More And Cam taylor is going to watch on the.
Speaker 2: Sidelines trag's last, QUESTION i want to spend in The reds because you're a, multitasker you cover The reds as. Well i'd be interested in after a night to sleep on. It just give me a, takeaway either the playoff series or the. Season for the twenty twenty Five Cincinnati reds.
Speaker 9: Fifteen In game, five bases, loaded nobody, out don't. Score Ellie Daily cruz strikes, out, singing you don't put the bat on the. Ball it's happened countless. Times that was the end of the series in MIAs. Estimation that has to be addressed in the. OFFSEASON i know they're almost certainly.
Speaker 6: Not going to Trade.
Speaker 9: Ellie daily CRUs i understand, that but they have to beef up the bats and the. Lineup they have to find a way to do that by hooker by.
Speaker 2: Crook trags if those listening want to, read, watch, follow and know all that you have going?
Speaker 3: On how would they go about doing?
Speaker 6: That all?
Speaker 9: Right on the x, trags t R agf, online cl on stinc with y dot com and The Jungle War podcast YouTube page not only For Richard skinner and my postgame analysis after every, game but also locker room reaction and. Interviews it's YouTube dot, com Slash Jungle War pod and.
Speaker 2: A program preview and. Closing this is very. Big i'm very. Excited next Week rock is on. ASSIGNMENT i am told by high level sources on condition of, anonymity But i'm breaking that that you are going to join me in person next week six to seven o'clock at this very. Establishment can you, CONFIRM i think confirm? That well you pause there for. SECOND i was getting very. Nervous what would be.
Speaker 8: The result on.
Speaker 6: The result In la been?
Speaker 9: Different maybe a different, answer but.
Speaker 3: Totally. Understand all, Right thank you, sir good catching?
Speaker 6: Up all, right, guys take.
Speaker 2: Care thanks To Go Trags Mike petralia check it in c l N s since he with THE y dot.
Speaker 3: Come all.
Speaker 2: Right we put an hour in the, books perhaps a bit disjointed at, times but we.
Speaker 3: Adapt we.
Speaker 2: Audibilize we just shuffled the rundown shuffler around a little.
Speaker 3: Bit, yeah.
Speaker 2: Seamless right at this, point AS i, look our seven o'clock is completely intact and expected to hopefully go as as. Planned it is great to See fran And, phyllis our friends are here. Tonight it's great to See greg who's here. Tonight the gang's all, Here the band is all together and we're hanging out Talking bengals. Football we'll get into The bearcats next With Chad breundle From Bearcat.
Speaker 3: Journal he's rocky On.
Speaker 2: Lance Cincinnati Tax resolution powered By Hope Sheldon Roundtable show And peyton is helping us.
Speaker 3: Tonight shout out To, peyton who's taking care of us.
Speaker 2: Tonight Long necks In richwood presented By Postman law seven HUNDRED.
Speaker 1: Wlw this is The Cincinnati Tax resolution powered By Tope Sheldon Roundtable, Show live From longnecks And, wilder presented By Postman. Law brought to you in part By Honda east And Honda East Power Equipment. Dealer Skyline chili feeling. Good It's skyline. TIME r AND L. Carriers VISIT rlc dot com and MAKE r AND L carriers your global Transportation, provider your Tri State Chevy, Dealers chevrolet the number one selling brand In cincinnati for the past nine. Years Chevrolet, Together let's, Drive Postman Law injured call eight four Four Postman Others Promised postman delivers and By Cincinnati Tax resolution powered By Tope sheldon five one three five one three Toph on seven HUNDRED wlw the home of the best bank coverage All.
Speaker 2: Right one hour in the book second hour is unfolding tonight long next in Rich Wood. Rock the WAY i look at, it the second, Hour we're good to, GO I. U the first hour is behind. Us we navigated, it AND i thought the second hour would be much. Better AND i began the second hour by walking into the women's.
Speaker 3: Restors so the first, time TECHNICALLY i technically didn't walk all the way.
Speaker 2: IN i JUST i was paying no, attention and we haven't been here for a, year and the men's restume was on the, left AND i just head down AND i opened the. DOOR i didn't step, It so TECHNICALLY i didn't walk into the women's. RESTUME i would have just opened the.
Speaker 4: DOOR i would have paid a woman like one hundred bucks and just slap you as you walked.
Speaker 3: In that's been, great.
Speaker 2: So needless to, say, well hopes were for a second hour much smoother than the. First it's gonna take a little bit to smooth out this. Hour so there you, go and remind me to tell you about getting stung by a bee earlier in the.
Speaker 3: Week she, says the first time you've ever been stung by bee ever in my.
Speaker 2: Life, right let's get serious, here let's talk you see foot all speaking of serious, stuff holy cow stuff transpiring with the football team, today with the basketball team a thirty seven to thirty four road comeback win At, kansas A saturday showdown At Nippered High noon number Fourteen Iowa. State from here on that the man who's all over it For Bearcat Journal bearcatjournal dot, Com Chad, Brendle how are.
Speaker 8: You so you're trying to get things on track and get serious and you come to, Me, yeah.
Speaker 3: That's, see that's the second mistake of the, hour probably partly.
Speaker 12: Plan oh, Man let's uh, okay let's before we go, forward let's go, back Because, Saturday HOLY i, mean you talk about something that everybody was waiting, for the fan, base waiting for something they.
Speaker 3: Needed that's a way that got everybody's attention On.
Speaker 6: Saturday, yeah and.
Speaker 8: It was on the back of what we had hoped that this program was getting With Brendan soorsby, right, like we have seen the, potential we've seen it, flash but it hasn't been. Consistent and that guy is he is a special kind of tough and he gutted that one. Out he got hit two or three times in the knee during that, game Where i'm, like is he coming? Back and he kept coming out there and ask him for more and game on the. Line the one handed catch From Noah jennings and and and kept that drive. Alive and When Noah jennings made that, catch it was, like all right, there they're gonna win this. Game and sure enough they got down the, field got the touchdown and walked out of there with the.
Speaker 2: Victory now a follow up note to that which fascinates me And Keegan nicholson wrote about This Bearkat journal dot com and you can expound on this that after each, Win Brendan sorosby takes his offensive lineman To Jeff, Rubis holy, cow, wow that's big.
Speaker 8: TIME i, mean that's, uh that's the benefit of the nil, Right like he used to used to be lucky if you could take them to. McDonald's now now they're going To Jeff. Rubys, like BUT i got to, Know. Lamb i've heard there's a couple of guys that like their stakes like medium well and. ABOVE i can't take him To Jeff. Rubies like you Got Gavin. Gerhart you got to stay at home with that. Medium well take.
Speaker 3: There, yeah Uh.
Speaker 4: CHANG i listened to a bunch of you, know college football, podcasts and on multiple uh they were talking About brendan soarsby being having one of the best quarterback play in the. Country just just describe to the listeners what he does so.
Speaker 8: WELL i, mean the main thing is he will stand in the pocket like he's got good feel for the pocket and he knows when to get out of. There but if he thinks he's got time and you saw this five or six times On saturday Against, kansas he stood in there and took a shot and delivered a. Strike and you know what that does for an. Offense rockey guys are gonna continue through their. Routes they're gonna keep trying to get. Open offensive linemen feel compelled to hold those blocks a little bit longer because you know your guy is gonna make a play if you've give him the, opportunity and you know he is a rhythm. Guy we saw him get out of rhythm Against nebraska and never really get into rhythm Against. Nebraska when he is in rhythm like we saw Against, kansas he has a lot of fun to watch because they'll run it for those tough. Yards he can escape the, pocket he can hang in there and make the tough, throws and he is kind of the backbone of everything that they're they've been trying to establish Since Scott saderfield got, here and it feels like they they've got better, weapons they've got a better, line like everything is just kind of starting to fall into place. Now they've Played Iowa state twice since they've joined The Big. Twelve they have not own for one hundred yards and either one of those. Games so his biggest test is coming up Here, saturday real.
Speaker 2: Quick Iowa states number. Fourteen you see us at home in a betting, Favorite ohio Or Iowa state is banged, Up what can you tell?
Speaker 8: Us they're still really good? Defensively they run that three three five That cincinnati runs with the three high. Safeties the safeties are the strength of their, defense but they rely on really good corner, play and both of their corners are done for the.
Speaker 3: Year they're.
Speaker 8: Starting two corners are done for the. Year there's talent behind. Them if they, combined the two guys that are going to be their starting corners have forty snaps under their belt in their, career so you, know they've got a really good defensive. Tackle And Dominic, orange who's, probable looks like he's gonna, play so he can cause you some problems right at the point of. Attack he's he's kind of Like Dante corleone's kind of what in that second third round range as a pro. Prospect orange is a first round defensive, tackle so you've got to control, him keep, sorts be, clean and then try to pick on those corners because they are they're gonna be, young they're gonna be. Inexperienced they're, talented but but you're throwing them into the fire At Nippert. Stadium what should be a really you, know loud Rockus Knippert stadium crowd On, Saturday so you got to test those guys early and.
Speaker 4: OFTEN i Think, chad you Mentioned Dante, corleone what's the status on his health and and also just describe how good he is. AGAIN i hear people talking about him and under the context of, being you, know one of the best defensive linemen in The big. Twelve what's his injury status and coming on his play.
Speaker 8: Sound a lot better and if he was upgraded to probable on that injury report that came out. Yesterday but there's still some optimism that they're gonna get him back for this. GAME i know they felt they were close to getting him back last week and just couldn't get him over the hump to be ready to. Go he's just a game wrecker at the point of, attack and both in the run game and in the past. Game he can collapse a pocket from the, middle and if you're a, quarterback you know you got defensive ends flying around the, edge you can step, up you can move around from. That Dante corleone's quickness and his strength is just really difficult for interior offensive lineman to, handle and you have to, to you, know put two guys on him at.
Speaker 6: Least you could try to do.
Speaker 11: What The bengals did last.
Speaker 8: Week could put four guys on him if you want but, anyhow you, know he's just got such great. Power and the thing that doesn't get talked about enough is the quickness that he has for somebody that, Size his short area quickness is unbelievable right at the snap and he gets off the ball. Quick and you, Know Dana holgerson joked before The nebraska game that when he was At Houston corley unquote unquote retired three of his interior offensive linemen in THAT aac championship. Game he abused them so much that. Day but he's just fantastic in terms of wrecking an offense right from the middle of the point of.
Speaker 2: Attack last football question BEFORE i ask you About Kateen. Allen saturday and watching The Bearcat journal podcast last night or one.
Speaker 3: Of the episodes this.
Speaker 2: Week saturday is a big recruiting showcase. Opportunity, CORRECT.
Speaker 8: A couple five stars coming in, Town, lands a couple four stars coming in town in the twenty twenty seven. Class it's the largest group of visitors that they've hosted Under Scott. Sadderfield you're gonna have a spotlight on. You you're you're you know you're ones OR esdn. TWO i Think Big game twelve o'clock.
Speaker 3: Kick so it's.
Speaker 8: A really important, day not just to go out and get a, win but you've got some impressions to make on kids that you know might really take a serious look At. Cincinnati if that's if that place is electric And cincinnati can can get out of there with a victory On.
Speaker 3: Saturday big basketball.
Speaker 2: News last, question tell everybody the the the news Surrounding Caden allen and The bearcats.
Speaker 8: Today alan's top fifty guy of six,' five kind of a. Power guard we've seen a couple of those here be. Pretty successful i'm not saying he specifically reminds Me Of sean Kilpatrick And, jaron cumberland.
Speaker 11: But that's the.
Speaker 8: Body type, six five strong, lower body really wired. To score he's not gonna wow you with, his athleticism but he knows how to put the ball in. The basket sometimes that can be unorthodox sometimes that you know it's not gonna be The flashy this is A surefire nba prospect. Type guy but the good news is you're not playing IN. The nba you're playing in college and and guys that they can really fill it up are super important in. This league the defenses, are good, you know. It's physical you gotta, be Tough and Kate and allen brings a lot of that to, his game so Big getting it's one of. My questions, you Know The west, miller era they have not had that, guy right that really high level, scoring guard big guard that you know can can get you over the top in so many of these. CLOSE games I think Kate and now is a really good Fit For wes miller in.
Speaker 2: This program, big, football doings, big basketball doing this big Stuff For bearcat Journal dot com to cover layout all that you have, to, offer.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 8: Great stuff you know the podcast Last night DAVE and i Go Over. Iowa state if you want to catch up on. That one i'll Have My three keys podcast. Up Tonight keegan NICKOSON and i did a podcast this Afternoon On kaydan allen and. His commitment so a lot of. Great content And Then keegan Nickoson And austin bass doing a phenomenal job on the writing Side On bearcat Journal. Dot com so all the content you could possibly want On, The bearcats we've got you covered in all the formats.
Speaker 3: Out there excellent. Good stuff, As always, thank, You sir we'll talk. Next week, thank.
Speaker 8: You Gentlemen and rocky keep him out of the.
Speaker 4: Ladies, room, YEAH sure i will keep an extra eye. On him look, forward Here Thank.
Speaker 3: He's, Chad Brendo bearcat Journal.
Speaker 2: Dot com take a, time out, come back a little Bit From zach taylor About Helping jake browning And how jake can.
Speaker 3: Help himself and then it's seven point.
Speaker 2: Thirty Six greg schoemaker has the circle around four. Different games he will spotlight on the high school. Football front it is. All Ahead He's. Rocky imlance We're At long next S, in Richwood The Cincinnati tax resolution Powered By. Tope Sheldon Round table show Presented By postman law and brought to you in part by our Friends At Hawksword, Blood Centers Hawksworth Donors save lives Close.
Speaker 3: To home who will you? Save on SEVEN hundred.
Speaker 2: Wlw seven four SEVEN Hundred wlw back on The round, Table Show long next se In, rich wood brought to you in part By Ever. Dry waterproofing it's not dry till It's. Ever Dry the cubs strike and it looks like they're. Striking again that one's almost out. As well cubs laid the padres, three nothing. Top seven this is a game, three winner take all, Three nothing cubs over. THE podres i learned Something about rocky during. The break how did you spend your timeticular matriculating To A south bend to play football there and never make the Trip To.
Speaker 4: Wrigley field you got to understand that the life of a, college athlete there's just not that much, free time to. Be honest there's always a lifting or a film or a something or we.
Speaker 3: Actually had to go to class two lands by.
Speaker 4: The way, OH yeah i attended the occasional CLASS that i had. No money that would be the REASON why i never Went. To RIGGLE but i do look back and regret that not making an effort to do that when it was.
Speaker 2: So Close and i'll tell, YOU this i will never forget my first. Time there when you walk in and up the ramp and you see the Inside of wrigley for the, first time and as you walk the shadows in the tunnel like the tunnel up into and you see the ivy first and the hair standing up on. My arms it's just an unbelievable you could like feel the ghost Of great, cubs Past Like hack Wilson And. Ron sano it just it's it's the coolest Feeling and i've seen games from, The box i've seen it from the, Outfield seats i've seen it across the street on, the rooftops which is an. Incredible Scene and i'll never forget the first Time at wrigley the number of buses and looking at the license plates of all the buses because they come from all over to, bring fans and so much, of that as you, can IMAGINE WAS wgn tv in the eighties when as, a superstation people around the country got to See the cubs and It Was harry Carey And steve stone And the cubs were fun and everybody, SAID like i want to go See a.
Speaker 3: Cubs game and just masses of.
Speaker 2: People from all Over the midwest and other parts of the country taking, you know bus trips in and just looking and seeing all the different parts of the country represented because people wanted to Be At. Wrigley field it's a really. Cool experience they didn't get lights till. Eighty, eight right it's funny you MENTIONED that i. Was there get this. TRIVIA note i was there covering their first night game right NOW.
Speaker 3: For Wsbt In.
Speaker 2: South, bend right thank you for ruining the story and it rained OUT and i could not cover it the, next NIGHT so i never got to officially cover the first night game because THE one i was at never actually really.
Speaker 3: Took place how. About that there, you Go The.
Speaker 2: Cubs, giants series the. PLAYOFF series i spent the. COOL story i spent that game Outside Of. Wrigley field That's. WHAT waveland i forget which street, is WHICH but i spent it outside on the street with All the they call them, the ballhawkers and it's a group of fans who camp out on the streets and wait for home run balls in batting practice and during.
Speaker 3: The game and it's.
Speaker 2: Real strategic they know, lefty righty. You know and it was the chase for. The BASEBALLS and i did a story on the people who were known as the Ballhawkers Of wrigley field and just hung At at wrigley and got home.
Speaker 3: Run balls did you Ever see? SOSA there i.
Speaker 2: Did See sammy sosa. PLAY there I Saw ran sandberg. PLAY there i was the personal the coolest moment. FOR me i got to be up in the booth and Interviewed By harry Carry And steve stone because our Station IN, chicago cltv which was the twenty four hour, news channel THAT'S why i Went to chicago helped start up that station. From scratch they were owned By The tribune company and they wanted to promote our, new station so, they said we'd like you to be in the Booth with Harry and steve for a half inning so they can interview you and talk to you about the station in your New Show. Sports Page and, i'm, like OKAY but I mean i'm in the Middle of Harry and STEVE on wgn and they're talking about and one. More story as we first went on the AIR, with cltv we Had a cubs game on in the office that day getting ready for, the SHOW and I Hear harry carey start talking and say, he says, you know there's a YOUNG man i was listening to the other night on this new Show Called, sports page and he seems to know his Way around chicago's sports. Pretty well his Name Is. Lance McAllister and i turned AROUND and I thought i.
Speaker 3: Was going to.
Speaker 2: Pass out and that's me and the number problem then OF people i knew around the country who WERE watching wgn at that point who called me And Said harry carey was just talking, about you AND man i.
Speaker 3: For you WHEN when I.
Speaker 2: Left coltv harry called me and wished me luck. GOING back i went back to RADIO on am one Thousand. IN chicago i got to Do a christmas Special With harry carey one time from a hotel. In downtown he sat across me from me for an hour special. We taped at the end of, the interview he was drinking a bud and he raised up the beard to the glass and, He Says merry christmas in this bud's, for you and he holds it up to.
Speaker 3: The camera it was. Just perfect He was he was one of, a kind of.
Speaker 2: A kind we completely blew that segment of anything Involving.
Speaker 3: The bengals that. Was, fun, yes.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah when.
Speaker 2: We, come back let's do some high school Football With greg shoemaker and we'll do a Fantasy football. Dan claskins it is, All ahead bottom bayar Check on News Cin Tonati tax resolution Powered by tope showed And Round. Table show We're At long next In rich wood Presented By postman law SEVEN hundred wlw seven six SEVEN Hundred Wlw Cincinnati tax resolution Powered by tope Shot And. Roundtable show we this month are At The long Necks, in richwood Presented By. Postman law Thanks. To suzanne suzanne dropped off the Buttons. From ovation we've got Really Cool ovation welcome To The jungle ovation buttons we. Gave her she was the she was the driving force for Winning The standing ovation and she was sitting there and WHEN when i saw the look on her face, light UP and, i, said well we're onto something by recognizing the fans for getting The standing Ovation, from ovation because anybody who's stuck through that entire Game on monday night Deserves The standing Ovation.
Speaker 4: From ovation and last time she was present for, our show the, Est one well that's.
Speaker 3: True too there.
Speaker 2: You go oh, All right so if they win, this week then she's got to be back next week and we'll have to deal with.
Speaker 3: Her again, oh, MAN man i don't know if that's a. Good deal and.
Speaker 2: It is great To see susanna and everybody Involved. With ovation we appreciate their support of. The show let's talk some high, school, football man, oh man there are some big ones.
Speaker 3: This week and you hear our next Guest.
Speaker 2: On friday nights with the Award Winning High School Football tonight SHOW on espn fifteen Thirty And fox sports. Thirteen sixty you read him as the content Manager Of tri Statefootball. Dot com Let's talk week seven and a matchup with what nine teams on the nine teams still undefeated after. Six weeks we're going to talk about four matchups tonight as we Welcome In.
Speaker 3: Greg shoemaker how, are you plam.
Speaker 10: Wonderful guys how are you guys doing on This beautiful?
Speaker 3: Thursday night we are, fired up ready.
Speaker 2: To go we've got a great dock of the games to, get to so let's get right. To it let's Start With mohler elder one versus two FOR The gcl. South, title.
Speaker 6: Yeah how about?
Speaker 10: This one elder's six and oho for the first time since two thousand. And one the next two years after that they won state Titles with Chili class haart remember those days back in the back the Last time elder woods. State championships but they were good for a, while there so that started good runs. To them interesting Thing about elder is the next three teams that are going to face are all five and one right at currently five, and one so they got their work cut out, for him. You know but their defense has. Been outstanding they're only giving up sixty eight stards of game rushing twelve points, a game and, you Know Seniors derek Ran And alex duggan have combined for sixty, four tackles seven and a, half sacks and sixteen tackles. FOR losses, i mean this is this is a team that's got a lot of things going well. For him they've only turned the ball over twice and now here Come The moller cruise saders. Into town TWELVE Consecutive gcl south wins dating Back to september twenty. Twenty one they have Owned the south and just, been fantastic and you know they're looking for their four straight. League title they, you know they've just been. Playing great they're averaging thirty eight points, a game which is A good it's gonna be a good matchup for, you know a good offense Versus a. Mistellar defense muller just keeps getting. It done they've had a lot of injuries, this year and a lot of people haven't really paid attention to. Their injuries but they had a running back last year or, last week a Freshman Named Juice, glover brown and he ran for one hundred and twenty nine and. Two touchdowns so really a just a great matchup between two different TEAMS like, i said one versus two at the Pit, AND rocky i want to ask you. A question you've played in a lot of, great places, You Know, Notre Dame, Kansas, City arrowhead but where does the pit rank for you as far as all time place? Is played because on a night, like that in a gclside game like tomorrow night's what?
Speaker 8: Have?
Speaker 10: Happened man it can't be anything better for an, eight, sixteen seventeen eighteen year.
Speaker 4: Old, kid yeah it's as good as. It gets it's a, hostile crowd but that's what you love. About it and, you know everybody comes out of the woodwork and the whole base west Side of cincinnati, shuts down all those streets around out of. High, school no absolutely a fantastic place. To, play, yeah, great, yeah good. Go AHEAD now i was, gonna say just, Moving, ON greg i see you know cub cast at. High, Onds now i'm old enough to remember when this used to be like a yearly rivalry kind of thing that hasn't happened in a couple. OF years, i guess first, question WHY and i guess how's it been? Rekindled?
Speaker 10: Here Yeah so cubcat went down and they were been Playing in CLASS four A and highlands has been Playing in class five for the last couple. Of years they hadn't played each other during the, regular season but when they were both Back in CLASS Four a, district five they would not only play each other during the, regular season but they always seem to catch up with each other in the playoffs. As well, in fact these two teams since twenty sixteen played thirteen times since, twenty Sixteen and cupcat holds an eleven to two advantage in the series in, the span and, Before that highland's won like ten or twelve in a row in, the series so it's a series. Of streaks but right now cubcast is looking very good in. This Series now highlands is won two of the last three they lost, last year but one of the two, before that so their seniors know how to get it done in. This game really interesting. Matchup here cubcasts won four in. A row they're averaging thirty six and a half points in. Those games they lost their first two and they WERE both i think by six or. Eight points they have a couple, Of Seniors dyan Geyser And cash harney. The quarterback they've combined for fifty. Six touchdowns since the beginning of, last season, twenty games those two have had scored fifty. Six touchdowns and on that on contrasting side, Of that highlands has had thirteen players score touchdowns and only one of them has scored more than, than two And that's Katon le wrenz in The junior he's got ten on. The SEASON but i look for this to be a, very irritating high. Scoring game, you know It's a highland's another great place to see, AND yeah i just think that this one here is going to come down to. The wire highlands has got one loss that was on the Road To. Boyle County boyle county came into the season having won like something like thirty in. A row so no shame to. Lose there if You're, the bluebirds it's it's gonna be it's gonna be a really good night over There In, fort thomas.
Speaker 6: For Sure.
Speaker 2: All right how About the Battle Of forest Hills The Anderson Raptors turpin spartans.
Speaker 10: Your, Thoughts yeah anderson six and zero and they. Look fantastic turpin's sort of a. Surprise team they're four and two and four and one in. The league had a big win a couple of weeks ago or last Week Over. West Claremont, but anderson, you know they just looked. The part they look like they could be A state chafion. Had already they're averaging they've got a forty point two average margin. OF victory, i mean they have. Been fantastic they're averaging forty nine point eight points, per game, you know two hundred and ninety nine points in. Six games it's a lot. Of points Their Quarterback griffin staff has thown for two thousand and eight and. Nineteen touchdowns but there's a couple here's a couple of really odd as Good as anderson, has been a couple of great stats about. This team they have fourteen to two point conversions on. The Season Running Back jordan davis has ten.
Speaker 6: Of those so.
Speaker 10: It's interesting they almost out there watching them, last week and you know they get up Their first every time they go and score touchdown early in, the game their their first touchdown. They score they are always scoring for. Two points they want to get by. Eight points and then the other interesting stat they have is they've only punted once. All year it's an amazing thing. To see they take all four downs man and they're gonna make you pay. For it it's hard to. Stop them And then turfing on the, other hand eight games they had their two and two in games decided by eight points or less and they haven't beaten the team yet. This year that's one more than, two games so this will be a huge test For. The spartans they spread the wealth around. On offense they've got four guys that have more than three hundred and sixty yards, of offense two of those are are and then another guy with sixty, six receiving so, you know they look. Really good, now again they haven't been. Really Tested luke milm their quarterback has seven rushing touchdowns and seven passing touchdowns and, their defense their defense has four takeaway touchdowns already with three interception returns and one scooping score on their. Ten takeaways that, they have so really really interesting team. RIGHT there a, great GAME but I Think spartan anderson is going to be just too much For the spartans of.
Speaker 6: This.
Speaker 4: ONE ye i really like That coach Anderson Has. EVAN dryer i think he's one of the best offensive. Mines around but moving, On Here Greg northwest Nights, at talawan the talawan has not been six and oh since nineteen. Ninety one tell us about.
Speaker 10: This, one, Yeah yeah so this is a, really good. Good game we'll Have the northwest Head coach brandon shown on with us in the pregame portion of high school football. Tonight tomorrow and they've won three in. A row they had they had a couple of tough losses early in, the season they started to. Play well they got some dudes on that side of. The Football. Now taliwana they haven't beaten the team with more than two wins yet in. This, season so and it's really weird because the top four teams in each division will get buys this year and they're sitting at number five even though in the, computer rankings even though they're six. And oh so it's an interesting. GAME tonight i think it's going to be a lot closer than people think. Tomorrow night running Back lancecan Trail for talawana has fifteen hundred yards. Rushing already he's averaging two hundred and fifty five point eight yards, per game twelve point seven, per carry and the team has twenty touchdowns or twenty forty, touchdowns rushing so he's got games already, this year four hundred and twenty, three yards three hundred and thirteen and two hundred and eighty. SIX rushing i mean he's putting some mileays on those, those cleats that's. For sure and this is an interesting. Team now Their Quarterback oliver better throwing ten touchdowns and only, one interception so you know when they're setting up to run and they're knocking it out with the pass late and drives. As well so a very, very good very Very good taaliwan, this team and congratulations for those guys Up. In oxford we're doing such, a great great job getting to. This Point northwest northwest has six defensive, touchdowns already three stooping scores and three, pick Sixes And jalen lily has three of those with two pick sixes and a. Fumble recovery jalen also is their, starting quarterback so he's playing not only, on that they're having a hard time getting him off the field even on. Special teams he doesn't want to. Come off he's been a great junior leader. For them he was a defensive player, last year moved to quarterback and is having, a great great Season. FOR northwest i think that's gonna be a fun tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: For sure, All, right greg give us a wrap up with a preview of the show A tri Statefootball.
Speaker 11: Dot, com yeah so tomorrow HIGH School, Footba tonight i'll be doing.
Speaker 10: The pregame portion. Of IT like, I said I'll have. Brandon shown the head Coach at northwest. Is On holy cross Head Coach kurt spencer's. Joining Us The Holy cross indians are five and oh for the first time in. School history they had never been four and oh in. School history they're looking for a good one tonight or. Tomorrow night They're. Playing frankfurt that'll be a. Foot Runner and i'm also INTERVIEWING d aca Head Coach. Calvin renfro they're sitting at five to one and had a bit back to back Wins or division four team at back to back Wins over division two teams the last. Two weeks they're. Looking good and then of Course The satan xavier Game against trinity is in the middle of high school football to night And then sefuan ALV and i will be back until eleven o'clock with scoreboard updates and. Coach interviews it'll be a great. Night there And then Tristatefootball dot com you can get. Everything there we will have POSTGAME interviews, I, Know Jake, jake burkmeyer our guys going you on the scene there and do postgame interviews at the El or. More game so we'll have plenty of good Stuff on tri Statefootball dot com.
Speaker 3: As well Sounds like i'm playing always. Excellent stuff we'll talk. Next week, Thank, you greg.
Speaker 10: All right see you guys have. Great weekend all right.
Speaker 3: As Well.
Speaker 2: Greg shoemaker check it in our high school football segment. Each week up next our fantasy, Football Segment. Dan klaskins Ahead see cincinnati tax resolution powered By Toshddon Round. Table show it's Presented By postman law and It's At long Necks in richwood on SEVEN hundred wlw head down the Stretch to news at eight o'clock about eight. Minutes away eight, minutes away and that means it's time for our weekly segment with our, Next Guest tom talk a little Fantasy football week five already our, next guest Host Of Fantastics, Insider FOOTBALL Serious.
Speaker 3: Xm fantasy we, Welcome In. Dan klaskins how are, you, hey gentlemen how are we?
Speaker 6: Doing tonight we are.
Speaker 2: Well, fired up ready, to go but also being very CAUTIOUS because i would hope owners understand what is on the verge. Of unfolding owners beware the byes. HAVE begun i walk us through this kind of the bye week blues and some tips for the.
Speaker 13: Bye, weeks yes my least favorite time of the fantasy. Football season lance and injuries, piling up, some disappointments all that you're. Dealing with now. The buys four teams. This Week, The, Falcons, bears Packers and steelers are. All sitting we've got buys and eight of the next, nine weeks every Week. Except thanksgiving now next couple weeks THROUGH what i call, guinea byes there's two teams on the buy there three, of them but week eight that is By, Mcgeddon, Arizona, Detroit Jacksonville, las Vegas The. Van seahawks all six teams. Are good so here's. The tips you want to, plan.
Speaker 6: Ahead not too.
Speaker 13: Far ahead, things change fashion fantasy look ahead a couple, of weeks not necessarily. A month watch the wire teams start cutting players they don't. Want to that's the best PART of. Bi week scoop, them up check. It daily and also you got to consider those by when. Assessing trades as we start to get past the bye week's player with the buy already under his belt is one more game you've got to that player in. The Trade, so alton.
Speaker 4: Very good how about some, Injuries, HERE dan i see lots of wide receivers in home as, in particular.
Speaker 13: No position to three. Of, them rocky and let's start with the. NIGHT'S game, I mean i Think The san francisco forty nine ers have deactivated their, entire roster.
Speaker 8: At least.
Speaker 13: From fantasy christian McCaffrey really the only recognizable name for a. Fantasy Manager, Brock, Party, Juwan jenny ricky pearsall all. Inactive tonight the bigger news of, the week obviously is at the. Receiver position we've Already Lost. Ceedee lamb now we're Losing the leak neighbors for the season Along With, tyreek hill both of them with. Knee injuries so those offenses are both days definitely taking a. Step Back jaydon daniels For the commanders practicing pool for the second, straight days it's a little bit of good. News There lamar jackson. DID practice i don't think he's playing, This week he's likely, multiple weeks so that is not a good situation For that. RAVENS offense a couple running back injuries.
Speaker 2: To Watch.
Speaker 13: BUCKY irving i don't expect him to play this week ankle, foot issue but it doesn't appear to be as serious as they. Initially thought but in a, walking boo it's never a. Good Time juba hubbard has him practice, all Week So ricky daddle can get.
Speaker 6: Some time any of you.
Speaker 13: HOLDING out i Hope That joe mixon's coming back This, even well that's waiting. Craft fellas if he's sitting on some, fantasy benches this is the time to. Cut him And Ty je spears on his way back For, The titans brandon no one on his WAY that i are For. The jets so they are, stacking up.
Speaker 2: All right let's do the, lineup, advice studs studs.
Speaker 3: And, sleepers yeah.
Speaker 13: Let's start with.
Speaker 3: Some.
Speaker 13: Studs lance let's start with Rookie And. Maryon hampton i'm a little bummed about him losing his, Left Tackle. Joe walt they'd already lost their right tackle for the season, As well but nobody else is There Because nandie harris. Is out hampton's getting. THE volume i got into the top ten play this week Versus. The commanders also a top ten player, Wide Out, george pickens The, former steeler is staying in good shape and really carrying the load here with cdee lamb out and. REALLY delivering i like him this week in the highest scoring game of, THE week i expect Between the jets And the cowboys on the dud side. Boat, next yeah let's go Against the Bengals On. Monday night i'm not expecting it to be so fantasy Primly at Philly. On sunday he's outside my top fifteen And see higgins as MUCH as i would hate to SAY if i was outside my top forty, at receiver DON'T think i really need to talk about the, Woes there but there's too many better options even on these. Bye weeks having a tough time endorsing him as a starter and. IT'S sleeper i Love Me Sam Matthew's tifford night FOR multiple, Tv passes so if you need a quarterback with pies, and injuries he's my guy to pick. Up There And cam scataboo love Him At, arizona state loving what he's doing For. The giants when twenty plus touch is projected on tap, this week he's inside of the top twenty play as. Running back i've got him at sixteen this Week At.
Speaker 2: New orleans, All, Right dan last but, most important we know you are very passionate ABOUT the dav and there's something really cool coming Up, On saturday.
Speaker 3: November eighth give us a preview.
Speaker 13: Of, That, yeah lances appreciate that you're talking ABOUT our DAV Five K On saturday november eighth At the banks Here in cincinnati is Our Fourteen. Daniel race it's, a race, a walk a role with All, honoring americans veterans. And man if you can't make it, in person you can still even participate virtually all months long there wherever, You are so JOIN us DAVY five. K son as you Said On saturday, november eighth it's a great way to just say thank you to all the men and women who served. Our COUNTRY in gav we help a million veterans every single year through pre programs and services things like THE. Five k make that happen so. Us today learn more AT the av five k.
Speaker 6: Dot org very.
Speaker 3: Very cool, thank. You sir we'll talk. Next week.
Speaker 13: Looking forward to it and enjoy the.
Speaker 2: Games fellas, all right, Thank, you dan questions our weekly fantasy football connection and fix in this seven to Fifty segment each And every, thursday night it is time to review last week's drive of, the game brought to You By driveway Dumpster. In cincinnati black and yellow does. Mean trash visit d dumpster. Dot com we'll go with the only drive that produced points For. The bengals that was the. Opening drive, twelve play, pretty easy twelve play sixty. Two yards they had to settle for a twenty six yard. FIELD goal i would suggest any time of year settling for a twenty six yard, field goal something has gone wrong and. It did it was third and two from, the eight and then fourth. And two they settled for the, field goal and uh put three on.
Speaker 3: The board that's our drive of.
Speaker 2: The, week now, everybody braves because it's time to review last week's defensive play of.
Speaker 3: The game don't.
Speaker 2: TENSE up i got this kid is brought to YOU By a, connie O'Connor a Shanie.
Speaker 3: And leaves SLEP Ton a, connie.
Speaker 2: O'Connor a Shanie. And levy you Know what you're gonna read the card. Next week, thank you give me ba here, next week give.
Speaker 3: Me attorneys you.
Speaker 2: Know attorneys you Trust visit oh a L, WHAT yeah i know.
Speaker 3: IT'S IMPORTANT o. A L dash law.
Speaker 2: Dot com that's THE O'Connor a Shannie and levy defensive play of.
Speaker 3: The game don't. Doubt me You're Half demetrius.
Speaker 2: Knights interception so in the second quarter it was fourteen, to three and he picked off a pass in the, end zone fourth and one at the two.
Speaker 3: Yard line, all right make. A note i nailed. THE website i blew the name of the law for spiders sitting there, going yeah can we get a redo?
Speaker 11: On?
Speaker 2: This yeah can we have somebody else read? The card, YOU know i should just, tape it just. Tape, it, okay, Yeah okay. I'm good i'm you, you well you're not here?
Speaker 3: Next week, all right well the next Week then phyllis is gonna. Read it, YEAH yeah i just bring, her up put on the headsets and that here. You go just read. The Card car let's it's not as easy As you it's become.
Speaker 2: Much more it's become much more of a thing than, it is like a. Mental, block now let's take a. Time out we. Come back let's get Into. THE lions a Preview the lions and a couple of things that one the gentleman who Runs their Locked, on lions had to say about, the team and then in a Bit What lomas brown said about the front office And About, dan campbell and they're approach to building.
Speaker 3: A, football TEAM which i just. Found fascinating all that.
Speaker 2: Is ahead It's The Cincinnati tax resolution Powered By Toae Sheldon, Roundtable Show long Next, in richwood Presented By postman laws SEVEN.
Speaker 3: Hundred wlw this Is.
Speaker 1: The Cincinnati tax resolution powered By Top Sheldon Roundtable show Live from Longnecks, and wilder Presented By. Postman law brought to you in Part By honda East And Honda East Power, Equipment Dealer Skyline chili. Feeling Good it's. SKYLINE time R And. L CARRIERS visit rlc dot com AND make R And l carriers your global, transportation provider your Tri State Chevy dealers chevrolet the number One Selling brandon cincinnati for the past. Nine Years, Chivrolet together Let's Drive Postman Law injured call eight four, To Four Postman Others promised postman delivers And By Cincinnati tax resolution Powered By tope scholdon five one three five one Three toph on SEVEN, hundred wlw the home of The best bengals.
Speaker 2: Coverage anyway we go eight o nine on SEVEN Hundred wlw. Welcome back in our number six of The Round, Table show lance MacAllister Along With, rocky poyman just saying not to see if you were. Paying attention We're At long necks In, ridge wood Presented By.
Speaker 3: Postman law we take it.
Speaker 2: Till nine hand things Off To, dan carroll who's got you covered from nine. To midnight Congratulations To michelle grizell who won this week's Print From, sean Volker The. Fantastic artist we Had Another bengal tiger print to. Give away we give one away each and every week for The Round. Table show this month we are At the. Richwood location it is a. Fantastic setup they have a. Gazillion TVs they've got a really cool. Long bar peyton has taken care of us tonight and we love the folks Here At long Necks. In richwood Our friends Fran and phyllis, are here which made a perfect night to talk a little. Football conversation let's get Into the lions the opposition, This week rock and that leads us into a Card which i'm going to. Execute flawlessly let's take our first Look at. Sunday's opponent our game day preview brought to You By Game Day. Men's health get back in the. Game today Let's see smooths the other ones you.
Speaker 4: Got down there's just A particular i think it's.
Speaker 2: Because there's like o's and a's and l's together and it just makes it confusing for.
Speaker 3: Me Sometimes The detroit lions are three.
Speaker 2: And one earlier, This Week matt derry Of The lockdown lions Podcast Joined dan Horde And dave Lapham The Wednesday night bengals Game Plan Down that ISLE on espn, fifteen thirty fantastic part Of the bengals programming, we Have and matt talked about where this team sits at three AND, one tyvi an overview of how they've looked to. This Point Here's. Matt derrey they're really on a roll.
Speaker 3: Right now they.
Speaker 6: Look good.
Speaker 5: Opening week, you know you take, a lot you take nothing out of the preseason and really training camp because a lot of the regulars weren't out there and they, looked rusty and they looked Unprepared for.
Speaker 6: Week One In green bay and they got exposed and played.
Speaker 5: Really poorly really at all three phases, since then the last, three Games the bears At home baltimore for A Big, monday night went on, the road and then last weekend taking care Of the browns.
Speaker 6: At Home the lions looked Like.
Speaker 5: The lions they looked like a team that is destined to get back TO The. Nfc championship it's fundamentals, With. Them dave you know this blocking. And tackling they've won up front WITH their o line AND their d lines the last three weeks Dominated the ravens in, that department and then did the same With the browns. This Week Kept jared, goff clean no Sacks From miles garrett And at, brown's front and then they feel very good about themselves at three and one.
Speaker 6: Right now.
Speaker 2: Inside of what he just, said there they dominated up front on both sides of.
Speaker 3: The ball.
Speaker 2: With physicality that is A word i think lacks when it comes To. The bengals have you ever felt that they were a physical? FOOTBALL team i Think of zach and the offense and. THROWING it i think more finesse and physicality is just something that.
Speaker 3: Needs to be applied To this. Bengals, TEAM moan i were talking about this.
Speaker 4: THIS week i mean in the lines have taken on the Persona Of. Dan campbell he is a tough y, you know opening, press, conference right we're gonna we're. Gonna, bitneecaps yeah whatever. That means, but yeah they've taken on that. THAT persona i don't Know What zach taylor's, you. KNOW identity i.
Speaker 3: Guess yeah. No question, in fact perfect Segue To.
Speaker 2: Dan campbell matt darry Blocked on lions talked about the Impact That dan campbell has had on this team in the entire organization.
Speaker 5: Culture With, the lions He And brad holmes the. General manager but Really the detroit Sports Needed. Dan campbell they really did in a TIME where, i mean now that you Said the tigers in. The playoffs pistons made the playoffs, last Year red wings have struggled now for. A decade But, the lions it was this time for them to finally turn the corner and turn. The page and this guy has come in and just he's the face of. This city and this offseason He heard dave all those whispers about, Uh Oh ben, Johnson's Gone aaron glenn. Has gone you lose your, two coordinators you're all pro center Retires And frank ragnow what are they? Gonna do how are they gonna? Work around This Is green bay gonna? Catch Him this minnesota gonna. Catch, him Hey the bears are on fire in. The offseason they win the offseason. Every year There the bears are the offseason champs. Every year so what are they?
Speaker 6: Gonna do And What dan campbell did was just.
Speaker 5: He told, the guys let's just do what, we do and that is, you're right hit people in the mouth and be physical and utilize the weapons that.
Speaker 6: They have and all of, a.
Speaker 5: Sudden Now john morton looks like a pretty DARN good oc four games In Replacing ben Johnson And kelvin shepherd's defense has two of the top ten edge rushers ACCORDING to pfif in the league, right Now in Hutchinson And. Alcadi Mohammad So dan campbell's has kept the. Ship steady it's next man up when guys. GET Hurt dj reid's gonna be off this week their. Best corner so you gotta figure guys Like Make Robertson khalil dorsey step up and they get the confidence of their coach that they'll.
Speaker 6: Do okay and so far as three wins out of four is Not.
Speaker 2: Ben when you know who, you are when you know what you're, looking for it makes it easier to identify when. Somebody leaves offensive, coordinator leaves defensive, coordinator leaves you have an idea of who you are already and you are able to plug and play and and just.
Speaker 3: Someone, that, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah absolutely it also brings up this weekend that age. Old debate remember four years ago in, The Draft, Jamar Chase, Pine Seool, Pine Soul, jamar chase what Do the? Bengals do lions wound Up Taking pine suol. At Seven the bengals Had Taken jamar chase at. Number Five matt darry was Asking About pine soool's impact On the lions in that.
Speaker 6: Offensive, line old to me is the best right tackle in.
Speaker 5: THE game pff had him two weeks ago Against the ravens grated out near in, one hundred which is almost.
Speaker 6: Unheard of uh he's.
Speaker 5: Been dominating uh he, Can move he's throwing guys around and and and then getting back up and blocking down.
Speaker 6: The field and he's just been.
Speaker 5: So GOOD like, i said new helping helping To Neutralized miles garrett last week was a.
Speaker 6: Big win and keeping.
Speaker 5: Golf clean, and look it's a. Great debate you can still debate it to this Day with Jamar versus pinasui got two of the best guys in the. Entire League but lion's love with it what they have in their. Right tackle he signed long term and and he's helping the guys in the interior of that. Offensive line, you know he's got a rookie next to him at right Guard and tate rat legend can only make. Him better and That Makes graham, glasgow better and That Makes taylor decker Better And chris mahin and he the, left Guard, so soules, you know he's a tone setter MAN and uh love watching Him Against trey hendrickson. This week that'll be a lot.
Speaker 3: Of, fun look both both players.
Speaker 2: Are great you arguably the best right the league and the best wide receiver in.
Speaker 3: THE league i don't have. SECOND thoughts i DON'T think.
Speaker 2: I would i like to Have a pane, so ABSOLUTELY but i DON'T think i said at, the Time and i'd stick. With it if they were, Drafting tonight i'd Still say I'll Take jamar chase because you should be able to address right tackle in some way shape or form, after that And the bengals have struggled to do that Until.
Speaker 3: Drafting mims and we don't know if he's the.
Speaker 2: Answer YET but i would not go back and, change players, would you.
Speaker 3: Knowing what you? KNOW now i DON'T think. I WOULD but i think it's a.
Speaker 4: WORTHY conversation i don't think it's the most RIDICULOUS thing i, think, of because like, you said you shouldn't be able to draft the, Right tackle but how many years has? Been since they have certainly no one of the Caliber Of. Panae soul so, you know if you were trying To play, devil's advocate, you say Maybe the bengals just need that cornerstone. Offensive line you Know That. Anthony munho is that just that one guy who's above all, the rest and that's the guy you build the.
Speaker 3: Rest upon they just they haven't had. That guy one more Comment From.
Speaker 2: Matt derry this was propped about the Question From dan horde about HOW and i thought it was a. Great Point, jared goff for, whatever reason doesn't get mentioned in the upper. Echelon, conversation look He's Not josh Allener Or joe burrow Or Maybe lamar, jackson's Good But jered goff is a really damn. Good quarterback listen To What matt darry Said about goff and Running this.
Speaker 3: LIONS offense i.
Speaker 5: Understand why Guys Like josh Allen And lamar jackson and what you Have in Cincinnati With joe burrow get more play just because they. Move around they're a little bit a little bit Younger than jared is now in, his thirties and there's a little bit more sex appeal with some of these other guys in terms.
Speaker 6: Of what they can do outside of. The POCKET and i.
Speaker 5: Get It jared goff, was basically, you know sent Packing by sean McVay and an offensive guru and told you're not, good enough and then they Go Get matthew stafford in that trade With the lions and they Win The super bowl. Right away so that's a that's a tough narrative to have to kind, of bust And yet goff has. DONE it, i mean he's he's won more playoff games here Than any lions quarterback Probably Since. Bobby lane and he's, So steady like, you.
Speaker 6: Said the guys. Love him it. Helps him they got a good run game and a good, offensive line.
Speaker 5: But he's got to be throwing at a precision, type rate and, he does and his receivers.
Speaker 6: Love him, AND yes i think when.
Speaker 5: You talk in, top five, top, Seven, eight yeah there's any lists you see that's have a top ten, in It and gos's not, in there and it's. Not there he's helped right the ship here and he's been so solid and rarely makes. A mistake now you get some pressure on him busily up, the middle sure he'll he'll throw it to the. Other team but that's with every quarterback and, so FAR like, i said hasn't been sacked the last.
Speaker 6: Three weeks that's been real.
Speaker 3: KEY rock i just.
Speaker 11: Know This.
Speaker 2: Jared goff when he Quarterback, the rams they led the league in scoring. One year he's Quarterback. The lions they've led the league in scoring. One year, last year he threw thirty, seven touchdowns, twelve interceptions completed seventy two percent of his Passes at. Guy's NAILS and i don't know if you Saw the Netflix, series quarterbacks he was one of the foot impossible not To Appreciate jared goff in the way he was Presented that i'm a big fan of.
Speaker 3: Big, fan yeah he.
Speaker 4: Goes about his business the, right way always, second guess but managed, the lovers.
Speaker 2: No doubt hard not to appreciate his wife. As WELL can i? Say THAT am i allowed to?
Speaker 3: SAY that.
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 2: You were i'll take the slings and arrows come. After me That was that was a. Great, series yeah it was really very. Well DONE and i, you know it's funny because in the series she was pregnant at, the time they hadn't had, the CHILD but i saw the child.
Speaker 3: This weekend she was at the game and it was just.
Speaker 2: Cool to see the full story completion because they were going through that and learning the news during, that series.
Speaker 3: Which is just so.
Speaker 4: Well done and what a great show for. Bringing, everything man my wife loves. That series my wife played but just yelling because you get to know the, you know the wives and the girlfriends and more about the Players and seema's dad.
Speaker 3: And stuff it's really really.
Speaker 2: Well done, all right take a, time out, come back let's circle. Back around were going to get to. THIS earlier i think we've got time to get. TO it a couple of things about How the lions run their organization through the Words Of, blows brown the former EIGHTEEN year nfl veteran With the lions that as, we continue he's Rocky On Lance. Long richwood It's The Cincinnati tax resolution Powered by Tope Showdon roundtable show brought to you in Part By miami University where today's Students become.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow's Leaders visit Miami.
Speaker 2: OH dot eedu on SEVEN hundred wlw eight, twenty three SEVEN Hundred Wlw The Cincinnati tax resolution Power by tope showed And Round.
Speaker 3: Table show We're.
Speaker 2: Talking Bengals it's long next To site richwood location for. This month it's all Presented By postman law brought to you in Part By Hocksworth, Blood Centers Hocksworth donor saved lives close.
Speaker 3: To home who will?
Speaker 2: You save let's look At The Postman law injury report Delivered By Postman. Law injured Postman Deliver shamar stewart did not practice today with. The Ankle charlie jones did not practice today with the. Achilles injury That's Your postman law injury report Delivered By Postman law injured called eight four To Four postman couple of Comments From lomas brown earlier this Week On. Bengals line eighteen years As A detroit Lions, offensive lineman a legend in that franchise is history part of their broadcast team. These days He Joined dave Lappham and Wayne box miller and said a couple OF things i thought were of interest in terms of, that organization, the franchise how. It operates let's sen Know What lowas brown said about the connectivity from top to bottom Of the.
Speaker 3: Lions. ORGANIZATION now i.
Speaker 11: Think the one thing now that you see In This detroit lion team that you hadn't seen in the past is it seems like the, front office, the coaches and the players.
Speaker 3: They're connected.
Speaker 11: THEY'RE connected i can even go back to the days back in the NINETIES when i was on the team and we have our, little run and, you know it wouldn't. Always connected either the front office would be good and the players would or the players would be good and there'd be a little dysfunction in the. Front office but they all seem to have. Them Together, Brad, home Shilling, hamp ford, The Owner, dan campbell it all seems to be working out. In ALIGNMENT and i think That's Helped dan campbell come in here establish this this, culture here this culture, a grit like, you say of you know us against. The world we'll play. You anywhere we're going to bite, Knee calfs we're going.
Speaker 6: To do all the things that we have to do to win.
Speaker 11: The game and you have to be what, they say a player that fits Into The detroit. Lions system and it's never been like. That before so it really is refreshing.
Speaker 2: TO see i think that is a powerful statement, right, there because as we kind of alluded to in the, last segment when you have, a vision then your scouts go out and look for players that fit. That vision then your coaches get the players that fit.
Speaker 3: The vision and coach. Them up it's just it.
Speaker 4: Streamlines everything what would, you say is There a bengals vision of a certain type of player?
Speaker 3: They want can you? Name one or is it just kind of?
Speaker 2: Grab bag it seems more like her, skill sets it seems like more or this.
Speaker 3: Is kind of a. Tough guy this is maybe more from.
Speaker 2: This, guy yeah and there's too much of a it seems like A square pegan.
Speaker 4: Around Point Even Alan Ross saint brown is a. Tough sob as a, wide receiver he likes blocking more than he likes, catching passes so he fits that perfectly up and down to the, wide receivers which you normally don't associate with grittiness and toughness.
Speaker 2: Kind Of and i'll take that one step further in terms of mentality on the offensive side, of things where they have a new. Offensive coordinator here's More Of blomus brown on.
Speaker 11: That it was a big deal made about us losing, our coordinator especially our, Offensive Coordinator. Ben johnson but to beyond this, With You, john morton he's a guy that kind.
Speaker 10: Of fits this old school's.
Speaker 11: Type of ball that we want. To play he wants to run, the ball he wants to be physical at the line, of scrimmage.
Speaker 6: He wants to dominate.
Speaker 11: That and he's going to give, those guys like you say them, big guys the opportunity to kind of lead it down and. GO forward I Think ben johnson a lot, of times and he was a, great coach a great coordinator, for us, YOU know i think a lot of times each, you know it was too many bells. And, whistles now as, we know football is all about, the fundamentals block, and Tacklings And john morton he is a guy that's gonna keep it at the fundamentals and he's gonna let the strength of this. Team show and as, you know the strength of, our teams like you, just said.
Speaker 3: Is upfront as long.
Speaker 11: As those guys could play well, up front That enables jared to play well And enables son that can knuckles to, get loose and then it enables us to look for those Receivers like Amora and Jamison And. Sam laporta it just makes. Everything go but it starts with those big fellas.
Speaker 3: Up FRONT rock i, hear That and i'm so that is just that's music to.
Speaker 2: My ears and yet it leaves me with a sense of sadness because there's nobody we would talk to who would Describe the bengals in. Those terms they want, to run they want to, be physical they want. To dominate it's about blocking, and tackling and they know that it starts up front to allow everybody else to.
Speaker 3: Find SUCCESS so i was just thinking about.
Speaker 4: This one what What last bengals team would you point to and said that was a like, a, physical tough.
Speaker 3: Gritty team it's a, great question would.
Speaker 4: Be LIKE the, o two like, you know Like Like willie anderson and with and With with Days And riney johnson and then. Those guys is that like that BECAUSE because i feel like WHEN when i was playing Against, the bengals they were like a kind of, a physical.
Speaker 2: Tough yeah and, you know and he Said That ben johnson was more maybe too much bells. AND whistles I don't i wouldn't Call the bengals too much bells. AND whistles i think they could use some more bells. And whistles i'll just go back to the. Word finesse there's two much of a finesse, to it especially on the on the offensive side. Of things and just words like grit and physicality and dominating and in THOSE words I just i long to hear apply To The.
Speaker 3: Cincinnati bengals that was really. Good story i'd.
Speaker 4: Say the one for me is is for as gigantic of a Creature as emarius.
Speaker 3: Mims is what? Went went how does that these was he six'.
Speaker 4: Eight three fifty how does that not translate into like dominant pancaking. JUST destroying people i DON'T feel like, I See, THAT.
Speaker 2: And rock i, GOTTA tell You I h and i know we can debate the merits of the pro. FOOTBALL focused scores, i GET that and i don't fully, buy INTO them but i just know this and looking at the. Past blocking grades this Week, for the Bengals offensive lineman mimes had a Nineteen grade and rivers had a seventeen. POINT two, grade, I did honestly i didn't know the numbers. WENT that low i thought it was kind OF like the sat where if you assign your name you get like two hundred. AND fifty Point I Thought pro FOOTBALL, focus like kab like thirty points is the baseline, for offensive lineman and then.
Speaker 3: When you performed. It raised up.
Speaker 2: I've never seen i've never seen As Long As pro football focus, Has been around i've never seen an offensive lineman have a pass blocking great of nineteen or.
Speaker 3: SEVENTEEN point two i didn't, Know, as possible ugh but You're.
Speaker 4: Right on, mims but again if he, was you know undersize six to eighty seven, or something like you.
Speaker 3: Could understand him but the guy is. An absolute unit and? Why? Is that again that's. Where you go is it a mindset that's not there or is it JUST that's not.
Speaker 4: I don't know i just hope that he develops and there's some dominant just crushing one.
Speaker 2: WHEN we continue i was asked by a listener to present this topic as our hot topic, of the week and He Said, without joe burrow how good is realistically the rest.
Speaker 3: Of this roster so we'll explore. That He's.
Speaker 2: Rocky i'm Lance We're at Long, necks In, richwood The cincinnati tex Resolution Powered By Tope Sheldon round table Show Presented by postman LAW.
Speaker 3: Seven Hundred, wl all right we're heading. Down the stretch we.
Speaker 2: Got a hustle we're we're running short On Time at Long, next in, richwood our destination our stopping point this Entire month on thursday Nights For.
Speaker 3: The roundtable show, by the.
Speaker 2: Way rock Out next week trags will join me in the first hour from six. To seven o'clock let's take a quick look AND Cover The afc north bright and brought to you by brand stutterers kang roof, your hometown roofing guttering and Siding Experts covering cincinnati holmes for over.
Speaker 3: Twenty Five years visico.
Speaker 2: Kanga dot net they hop to Two and two vikings are at the Three and one Browns actually in. London this weekend back to back internationally international Games. For The vikings dylan gabriel gets to start For The brown joe flacco. On the bench One in three texans are at the One In Three ravens lamar jackson Very. Iffy for Sunday somebody the Ravens. OR the texans i don't know what's Happened. To the texans, two years ago Everybody thought the texans looked like the team that was going to develop into a force for. Years to come and they're one and Three and the ravens are. One and three steelers are. Three and one there on the by because They played in. Doublin last week They'll get the browns at.
Speaker 3: Home next. Week all right rock and exercise presented to me.
Speaker 2: By a listener and, when it tiny IT was something i used To Do with bob trumpy every year when we did a We Did a friday bengals, pep rally show and he used to always make a point to me in a sometimes in, a condescending way because That's the way trump. Is gonna say THERE'S no other i would, have been right, he would say you would say the Problem with the bengals organization is they're not very good at identifying, their core players keeping, their core players.
Speaker 3: And developing them.
Speaker 2: And it always led to a discussion EVERY year that I did where i asked, listeners and, said all right look at this roster and you tell me if you could keep like five of them for the next two, or three years give me the five core players you would choose to keep and. Build around well kind of a. Similarly similar point listener, This, week said lance considering how They've Looked without joe burrow the, last two weeks Could you and rocky just discuss the quality or lack their Up of the bengals roster. As a whole, and he said if if you were to have ten players you'd want to keep from this team for the next, couple of years what would that? List look like and how good would that list of? Ten ACTUALLY be, and, i said. Ooh that's good let me. Bring that up so. LET'S do this i think we agree if we're just jotting down ten names to assess how good. THE roster is i Think We put joe burr. On the list that. THAT'S very clear i Think We agree jamar chase would be. On the list can We agree t higgins would be?
Speaker 6: On the.
Speaker 3: List that's.
Speaker 2: Three let's start we'll do it. In two tiers let's, get the five and then we'll move. Six through ten next would be WOULD you take, i don't know Would You? Take chase brown who? Would you take.
Speaker 3: Is it him or? Offensive LINE line and i, was gonna say would it Be?
Speaker 2: Somebody like memes and, To Your, point mimes jury still you better?
Speaker 3: Hope he is but is? He right now he's.
Speaker 4: Not a, guy, i'm saying boy they better sign him because he's gonna be ugly.
Speaker 3: If, They don't.
Speaker 2: Okay So then who we've? Got Two More by Susanna. Susannah b obation, we love. Ovation see bye so if we if we need two more to, get to five give me another name to put in.
Speaker 3: Our top five.
Speaker 4: THE only lineman i can honestly put on That List.
Speaker 3: Is ted carris and he's, Thirty.
Speaker 2: Two though and, he's thirty two so we're gonna keep him on the list for the. Next, two years well they sign him, for one more, so all Right We'll put tied carris right and now we need one more to round.
Speaker 3: Out our five?
Speaker 11: Do?
Speaker 2: We go uh do you roll The Dice? With shamar stewart do You Go? At dax hill Do You go demetrius? Knight a Rookie You put shamar, stewart on there but it's purely on there, your entire career.
Speaker 3: Which is.
Speaker 2: Potential all, right so there so there's, five right There, And That's, Burrow, chase Higgins Kris. And shamar stewart if we were gonna work, six through ten then we probably at Some Point.
Speaker 3: Include chase brown Do We put chase brown in?
Speaker 11: The?
Speaker 2: Next five, Sure all Right we'll put mimes in. The next five Do We put dax hill in? OUR next five i?
Speaker 3: Mean who else, we're, at, one, two, three, four five six and we need. THREE more guys i guess of All the. Secondary Jordan Battle. Put, Dax Hill.
Speaker 2: Okay dax, hill, that's, one, two, three, four five. Six seven eight we? Need two more do we Put the. Kicker evan McPherson the fact.
Speaker 4: That we can't if we're having a hard time coming with ten.
Speaker 2: Is not GOOD that's why i, TOLD the, listener i said this is gonna be. A great discussion Do? WE put evan i mean he, is a force? Is, a kicker yeah but you? Don't, like kickers? No, They're necessary okay so we need. One more Guy we, have burrow About, We Have, Burrow, Chase higgins mimes kris? Is doing okay would you put him on the list would you put Would You put logan wilson on The List?
Speaker 3: Or dimitrius knight or Would? You PUT wilson but i how?
Speaker 8: Old? Is He.
Speaker 2: Nine maybe i'd have to. Look it up We're Not Putting. Cam, taylor britt no we're not.
Speaker 3: Putting. Another offense supply Would You? Put?
Speaker 2: Miles murphy, NO so no i think we're making a pretty. Good point here I've stuck at so who? ELSE are, we i mean you're you're not Gonna put another you're Not GONNA put, micah sicki no you're Not Gonna, put Josh Newton, maybe josh Newton Probably. Not josh Newton by Not Josh, MAYBE josh newton. I, DON'T know yeah i mean to, Get a Ten Let's put josh newton at. TENANT and see i think this is a very revealing exercise of one How Top Heavy burrow chase higgins are on this list and, how, middling, four, five, six, seven eight nine ten are in the not to not to disparage, four through ten but that's just not what it needs to, be to me the.
Speaker 3: Most clearing thing.
Speaker 4: Is ten people we only have two offensive and defensive linemen combined and, wet a kicker and it's one defensive lineman and.
Speaker 3: One offensive lineman. Think about that.
Speaker 5: This is.
Speaker 3: A revealing exercise and That's who was it was listener rich who.
Speaker 2: Posted the question and it goes back to And you were you mentioned this earlier this week, On your Show, just the talent, and YOU know and i go back and forth On The whole, Jake BROWNING thing and i know some are Really. Down on Jake i'd say I'm disappointed in jake. From this standpoint he got seven games with his team. Two weeks ago he's, been around here he. Knows the system he hasn't shown much. In two WEEKS and yet i understand how poor the. Offensive LINE is and i Understand. We're questioning zach so if your offensive line is poor and your head, coach play caller you have questions about how much blame can you actually put in the middle of that and say. To the quarterback it's one Thing To tell joe joe makes, something of this and it's very Unfair, To, tell jake hey we know you don't know much, of a line and we know we're wondering about. Your play caller. Make it work that's that's a big, ask for Somebody Somebody, like jake.
Speaker 4: Brady realistic with, what you Are and if BROWNIE is, a b player you don't ask and demand that HE'D be. An a player you asking that HE'D be a b player all the. Time and consistent so to BE.
Speaker 2: Fair that i thought there were some. THROWS he missed i didn't think the protection. Was completely. AWFUL monday night i thought there were some throws that.
Speaker 11: He.
Speaker 4: Just, missed missed WELL he's, just, I mean period he's a guy that really needs a solid run game to be able, to be, effective no question and that's where we don't have and haven't.
Speaker 2: FOR a, while i thought of all the things, we Did tonight this i'm going to ponder on the. WAY home tonight a list after, three we started we threw A lot of and it's Funny because when i've DONE this every i used to do this topic every year In honor of trumpy at the start of, the FOOTBALL season and i ALWAYS sit and I had people i kept THE five, and i said name your five core players to keep for the. Next three YEARS and when i would do the list and take everybody's list and add, It all, up i'd, say all right of the five cores there, are picking number there's like twenty two different guys who got at.
Speaker 3: Least one vote is that?
Speaker 2: Good or bad is it good that you're that maybe the roster is good enough that? It's difficult choices or is it bad that there aren't? Any obvious choices so you just, kind of SKETCH see?
Speaker 3: What i mean THERE is a i love doing.
Speaker 4: THIS every year i think you would be you'd like to be on the side, of you, know yes people, there's you know.
Speaker 3: Five different ys, very all right.
Speaker 2: Mark, that down well, you know what we'll do. A good segment, well it was. Let's do that let's remember, in week fifteen let's.
Speaker 3: Do, it, again okay done and maybe.
Speaker 2: By week fifteen i'll figure out how to do THE h O A l chanian lavy again.
Speaker 3: Pool.
Speaker 2: From, the show yeah, you know what at some point we're gonna get an email from our bosses and say we've. Thought about it why don't You just let fran and fill us do the?
Speaker 3: Show next week at least read the cards take a time.
Speaker 2: Out to continue we have to do our college football Weekend Preview at rockies road to. Be traveled ahead since any tax Resolution Power By Tope, Sheldon Roundtable show Long necks in Richwood Presented by postman LAW seven hundred Wlw down The, stretch we go final segment putting the raps On it from long Nexts In Rich Wood The Cincinnati tax Resolution Power By Tope. Sheldon roundtable show it's always presented by Our Friends at postman law and brought you In Part by Miami university where today's students. Become Tomorrow's LEADERS Visit miami OH. Dot e du that last segment we talked about the kind of the core Pieces of the bengals roster was our hot TOPIC. In the nfl brought To You, by hudson oil fueling champions on and off the field, for THOSE wondering and i had a.
Speaker 3: TWEET about it i.
Speaker 2: Didn't Consider including TREY hendrickson because i don't think he's gonna be. Here next year, he's thirty one and so he wasn't a factor in my, equation for consideration just based. On those circumstances let's do this a quick Check Around The college. Football weekend preview Then We'll. Travel rockies Road It's A Kelsey Chevrolet College. Football Weekend preview kelsey chevrolet celebrating ten years have taken care of. Customers, like family today they continue that promise with A New look love their new logo, by the way, built on trust transparency and peace of mind in every interaction from, sales to service, highways to driveways from our. Family to years visit. Kelseyshev dot com it'll be A showdown high Now. Nippert on saturday uc Versus Number Fourteen iowa state cyclones are the first top twenty five Team to Visit nipperts in september of, twenty twenty three When number sixteen oklahoma. Came to town it's Homecoming for The buckeyes versus Minnesota under the Light Seven. Thirteen Columbus rock the buckeyes have won get this Twelve, straight over minnesota twenty eight of twenty nine and.
Speaker 3: Forty of the last forty two.
Speaker 2: Meetings going back to nineteen SIXTY nine when i was, three years old forty of the. Last forty two Kentucky heads to athens for a noon Kick Versus. The georgia, Bulldogs last season kentucky lost to Then number One georgia in lexington. Thirteen To, twelve the wildcats though Haven't won in Athens Since the rich brooks upset.
Speaker 3: With his team in two.
Speaker 2: Thousand and NINE miami opens mac play with a Trip, To to calb illinois To Take. On northern illinois you've Been. To the calb i've done about god probably six. Games, UP there. Yeah i did As a very soviet block. Field to It it's very that's a good. Way to say i've Been. To the calvi very. It's, like gray yes it is. All very gray It is very that.
Speaker 3: IS very accurate i was there a number Of years For Butler and northern ILLINOIS basketball when i. Was in. School they compete do those two Teams In?
Speaker 2: The Mallory Cup honoring bill mallory is one of the All Time Great mid. American conference coaches HE Was the mac Coach of the year in Seventy three for miami and the NINETEEN Eighty three mac Coach of The Year. For northern Illinois rocks fighting irish or back home To Take on Boise state the broncos in a Greenout Game. In South bend the irish have outscored their last two opponents one twelve.
Speaker 3: To forty three.
Speaker 4: They went out did?
Speaker 3: They make?
Speaker 4: It he said they have two losses with their two losses are the two very good teams by.
Speaker 3: ONE score late i.
Speaker 2: Think, they, do, yeah god hey if, You're, being fair yeah. BIG ten showdown i can't wait to see this big Ten. Showdown in EUGENE Number eight iu tech travels The, number two oregon first Time going to oregon since two. Thousand And four the ducks have won eighteen, straight at home the longest active winning streak.
Speaker 3: In the country indiana.
Speaker 2: Has been impressive but rock could You say that oregon at two in our eyes might be the best best team?
Speaker 4: OF the coach i think they're Right There with ohio state to be the best team. In the country and are you a?
Speaker 3: CHURCH signetty.
Speaker 2: Guy i am sometimes sometimes he gets a little too. Much for me Little, signetty ish yeah Little. SIGNETTI ish yeah. I. Like You yeah uh perdue he. Wins heads off. It's very Modesto He is Google Google a google. Perdue heads off it's bye week to host Number twenty two illinois and. A new kickoff boilers won the past two of the. Past three meetings Facing a ranked illinois team good One, In the accuse louisville hits the road to Take on a virginia team ranked for the first time since twenty nineteen in at. Number twenty two this week after the Big Win, over Florida state the colonel's are four and oh and a seven and A half Point Home Favorite mount Saint joe welcomes anderson. At One thirty thomas Moore hosts The Storm Of lake erie college for homecoming. At seven, o'clock all right Time To. Travel rockies road brought To You By Queen city metro metro is hiring apply go dash metro dot. Com slash careers where are you?
Speaker 4: Headed this weekend I'm, Heading to memphis tulsad if It's actually had. MEMPHIS last week i think they're the best group of five teams. In the country, Love Their. COACH ryan silverfield i think he will be the head COACH of a sec school next year if he should choose. To do that he's been there, since twenty sixteen started as a.
Speaker 3: Line coach AND. THEN a, oc i mean just.
Speaker 4: A phenomenal job it's seventy new players and they are just. Boat racing people seventy seventy. Seventy new players it's it's it's the world you, gotta live in especially in THE in the g five so. Really like him tulsa's got an Interesting Coach. Named trey lamb He Was At. East tennessee state but he's, kind of, all he's younger kind, of you, know new, age you, know new mind kind. Of offensive, GUYS and yeah i mean he's, gonna you know there'll be two trick plays. On special teams they'll be go for it on EVERY fourth that i mean.
Speaker 3: He goes after so it.
Speaker 2: SHOULD be Good i have i've watched you throughout the evening out of the corner, of My eye and i've noticed you seem to have spent some time your own free time, during commercial break not not paying. Attention TO me but i saw you, perhaps diagramming PLAYS and then i saw you taking your phone and taking picture. Of the PLAYS so am i To take that as you're during this show designing plays for your son's team and then taking a photo and texting them to your assistance so they can incorporate them into. The game plan you're. A sick individual you're a. SIX sick individual i saw you draw things and moving things around and arrows and like put this guy in motion to, make sure answer and then take the picture and send it and put this in the playbook and and you you. You're Something else you well they're usually, not GOOD IDEAS but i i have.
Speaker 3: At least, Ideas all. Right i'm. Trying all right.
Speaker 2: You you have YOUR thing and. I have mine you DESIGNED plays and i. Can't, read cards yeah you've. Practiced reading Cards.
Speaker 3: Thanks to joe waddell.
Speaker 2: For producing Tonight Thanks to mike mills for, me and here thanks To Everybody at Long necks in richwood for taking. Care of Us? Where is peyton because she? Was outstanding Tonight she. Was peyton always YOU know what i Appreciate about. Wherever peyton is peyton came by here like once every like seven and, a half minutes just to.
Speaker 3: Make a round? Are you okay because the worst thing you knew?
Speaker 2: Is BE ignored and i would rather say, Just thumbs, up i'm good but be asked that ignored and she was So thank you peyton.
Speaker 3: And, great seeing well you'll be. Back next week i'll be.
Speaker 2: Back next week i'll be with trags and you'll be on the road and we'll reconvene here. In, two weeks yes get. Out of here it was up stick stick? Where You Are because dan carroll has nine to midnight. After the news this Has, been The Cincinnati tex Resolution Power by Tope sheldon Round Table show Long necks in Richwood Presented by postman law seven HUNDRED w l w