Speaker 1: Morty, lady, gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: I woke up yesterday morning with us three of us to start later, please, I could never know what the day with us Florida. Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one.
Speaker 3: We just grabbed every key demogram, super duper. That's nice.
Speaker 2: Light a goo, nito gay, Yes boy, that is good news.
Speaker 4: It is the twenty ninth day of January twenty twenty sixth. Good morning, everybody. Welcome to the Power Trip Morning Show. Fargo Flash and Tommy Olsen all the way and today no Ben liber but a cast of thousands. Anyway, Let's get things started with Nick Thune some comedy. Try to make you smile a little bit on a Thursday morning. That's why we're here, after all. My name is Chris Hockey.
Speaker 1: Come on in.
Speaker 5: I am glad you're here.
Speaker 6: I want to be vulnerable tonight, you know, I want to let it all out. I love Sadoku.
Speaker 2: I do. I love Sadoku. It's such a simple game. It's fun. You put numbers in boxes.
Speaker 6: And any number really, and then you show people. People get pretty excited because nobody's double checking a Sadoku puzzle. Nobody's got time for that. I got plenty of time to put random numbers in boxes. Sometimes I'll just go my phone number ten and a half times.
Speaker 4: Enough is enough.
Speaker 6: It's the same word spelled the same way. Really, It's just like, who doesn't know that se sections are like the Djorno of pregnancy because it's not delivery, but it's gonna still smell like.
Speaker 2: A delivery, you know.
Speaker 1: Absolutely love Nick Thoon, And of course Nick Thune was famously on this show once like an hour and a half and he was here when To for.
Speaker 7: Grace was here the same day and Dan and Dan I want.
Speaker 1: To drink there in the history of the power to wanting to tell. But yeah, nicktun was super nice.
Speaker 4: I was seen from him in a while.
Speaker 1: He was he was the opener for Bargetti on the last tour the two of them toured together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I probably do that at one point.
Speaker 2: And love nicktoon. So do you think Rosie had to see Thune from the.
Speaker 1: Top, Yes, yep, oh no, really nice guy by the way he was, And he was very nice, that's right.
Speaker 2: And then Turf for Grace walked in and Dan and Dan remember his name, Bud No, I was kidding. Yeah, no, I was good. Oh man, who's the best. I'm just tired of feeling this way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I know, I know, Nico, I know.
Speaker 2: Damn it, guys, No Nico.
Speaker 1: Sorry man, Yeah, that was a rough one. Yeah, didn't see a second of it. But I woke up and I saw the halftime score, and then I saw the final score, and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, whoopsies. Oh boy.
Speaker 1: It's one thing to blow a giant lead, not a giant lead, a sizeable lead though, to Nebraska when at the time they were the seventh ranked team in the country, and you know, we don't have the talent, but we're playing our asses off and we got Nebraska on the ropes and then Nebraska.
Speaker 2: Does what they do, which is win. Yeah. That was on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Drunken Scanies are like ten and a half point favorites, and you got them down eighteen at halftime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and blow it.
Speaker 7: I saw the halftime score, which was thirty five to seventeen, and then I went back and checked early in the second half and the scre was h thirty nine to thirty five, and I'm like, oh, oh no, that's much closer. Yeah, we've scored four points and they've scored.
Speaker 2: Whatever. Seventeen to thirty five is eighteen eighteen? You got there? So not good. Do you see how many guys though? We played.
Speaker 1: Five, six, six and a half because one guy for the Gophers played four minutes, so we had a six man rotation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's tough. That's tough.
Speaker 5: That's tough, guys, is tough.
Speaker 2: Six dudes.
Speaker 7: That's really ninety of basketball just standing around anyway, though, I mean no, wow, yeah, it's mostly like fifteen times actually not in the college game anymore.
Speaker 2: Do you like that they only have like four time outs a half? That's not enough.
Speaker 5: Chronic wasting disease.
Speaker 7: Isn't that something you get from like wildlife? Don't DearS have deer to get it?
Speaker 5: I think I got it.
Speaker 2: Do you want to talk about how did you get it that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: No, I think I have it?
Speaker 2: Though. What are the symptoms?
Speaker 5: I'm tired all the time. Yeah, and that's it.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's it. Yeah, that's it. That's uh.
Speaker 1: That's probably worth a double check on web MD. If you're just tired, I doubt it's chronic wasting disease.
Speaker 4: I also feel like running in front of a car for no reason.
Speaker 2: That that's that might be the telltale sign.
Speaker 5: I think I got chronic wasting disease.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it reaches.
Speaker 4: It's reached an endemic threshold in southeastern Minnesota. That's where I'm at. It means that the targeted calling no longer works. I don't know what that means. State officials received one hundred and twenty one positive results from nearly fourteen thousand samples. No, sure they were dear, but I'm pretty sure I got it. Sorry, guys, is.
Speaker 1: Calling, I'm guessing it's calling the bit where they intentionally killed deer to heard the population.
Speaker 2: Is that what that means? Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: To curb it, to make sure that it stays with the numbers that are safe for everybody, both deer and human alike.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so, I'm going to be cold?
Speaker 1: Didn't Wasn't that one or the one of the rumored things that Joe Mauer had when he took that whole season off. Chronic wasting disease?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think it was.
Speaker 2: Was it really?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I don't think it was.
Speaker 1: It was bilateral leg weakness and chronic wasting disease?
Speaker 4: Was he cold?
Speaker 7: I mean, I doubt it was he a deer a female deer?
Speaker 2: Was he? Un? You are a moose or a rein deer? Can you go through the whole sound of music song? I can go through the start it you just is it dough a female deer? Ray? A spot of golden sun? No, it's all right, I keep going. I don't know the rescue that I don't know. Isn't it a drop of golden sun?
Speaker 5: Hell, I don't know. I've never seen the movie even.
Speaker 7: Really, sorry Rogers and Hammerstein. Wow, what a pull you just talk about?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, just Corlos never seen sound of Music? Huh?
Speaker 5: Never have?
Speaker 2: I think we had to, like in a music class. Yeah, my mom loved it, so I watched it multiple times. Yeah, there's that. It was long as hell.
Speaker 4: I'll watch it probably, but I'm in the hospital with chronic wasting disease.
Speaker 10: Time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the hills are alive with the sound of music, but Chris's ass is tired as hell and ready to walk into a car.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say it hasn't, at least from what I can tell, not spread to humans yet. But then again, I don't know what Hawk has done in the last few weeks.
Speaker 2: Maybe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been eating some stuff, a little bit of Moose, trying to think of who somebody was nicknamed Moose. Who was it, Marcus Felino, I don't know, Marcus.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's.
Speaker 2: Or Darryl Johnston.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the way I should have thought of.
Speaker 2: That guy was sweet when he played another.
Speaker 5: Moose my cat that ran away from home?
Speaker 2: Yeah, ran away? Right? Yeah? Ran away. You opened the door and said, see you.
Speaker 5: I did not.
Speaker 2: Leave the door open for thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: That cat was mean, mean hell to who you, well, specifically me, but everybody on the planet. He didn't want to live there. He wanted to be outside. Well, he got his wish and he got chronic wasting disease.
Speaker 2: Did any point when you let Moose go? I did not do that.
Speaker 7: Did Moose turn around and kind of look at you? And you then turned your back and walked in.
Speaker 4: I gave him the U the uh, what's a pretty guy's face?
Speaker 10: Who?
Speaker 2: Robert?
Speaker 5: I gave him Rob Redford?
Speaker 2: Not Yeah, and then he gave you and he gave.
Speaker 4: Me the middle paw. Yeah, and he ran off and probably got to eat my deer.
Speaker 2: That would be bizarre. It's a great point.
Speaker 4: They probably get angry they're wasting away in Margaritaville. What if I have chronic wasting away at Margaritaville.
Speaker 2: I mean I thought I had that a couple of times.
Speaker 5: That's what you did too.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I like to listen to Jimmy Buffett. Yeah, we know you're gonna need more. Tommy Bahama, sir.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're gonna need more.
Speaker 2: Still listen to Buffet voluntarily?
Speaker 1: Do you sometimes search Buffet?
Speaker 5: I like the cheeseburgers.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, that sounds great. There's so many artists like that.
Speaker 1: Like if I if when it still existed, if I walked into Margaritaville on the Vegas Strip and they were playing l R I P. Yeah, you're gonna get I'd be like, I'd be like, all right, it's a vibe. Whatever, cool vibe, this is it's his place. Whatever, we'll deal with it. I just can't imagine being like, would it mineus? Four degrees? You know what I need Buffett?
Speaker 5: You know they do.
Speaker 4: The problem is the reason you don't get is because you're not happy.
Speaker 1: Says the guy with chronic wasting disease that wants to run into a car. Yeah, okay, it's five o'clock somewhere with Alan Jackson as the slammer. Yeah, now you're talking sweet. Yeah, a pirate looks at forty. Yeah, a pirate looks at forty Yeah.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 5: That means he's getting the pirate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he can't, you know, stop wasting disease. He has to stop chasing that booty. What do you think the average life span of.
Speaker 2: A pirate was about thirty probably twenty one.
Speaker 1: I think there was a lot of on boat fighting where it was just like, you know, we've been out here for weeks, ty harass, and then they just got a massive sword fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Zach. Then somebody walked the pike.
Speaker 1: Everybody amongst everybody says the whole plank thing was you know, blown out of proportion and exaggerated that there weren't really planks to walk on pirate ships.
Speaker 2: But who cares.
Speaker 1: That was one of the best parts of that yeah lore growing up. Yeah, yeah, it must have happened at least a couple of times, but I yes, it was pretty rare.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I suppose you don't walk the plank.
Speaker 7: I can't think of any examples of old pirates, right, they all gets to maybe Middle Hook, the.
Speaker 4: Band that sang that song about Rolling Stone.
Speaker 7: No, that's Doctor Hook whatever you were singing it HAWKD but come Monday is a great sound. Why don't we get drunk and screw? Great song?
Speaker 4: Give me a minute, Yeah he is, if you want to bang me without a C word on because I got hoisted disease.
Speaker 2: I don't know why you edited the word condom.
Speaker 4: It's the chronic waste.
Speaker 2: Didn't make it worse.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, Jay, what, by the way, it's pretty pretty smart by you to say let's get wasted and screw before Tommy gets smart strategy, he go, sure, got a drink?
Speaker 2: You just broke into the cup liquor store.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's probably liquors somewhere around here.
Speaker 5: May be careful with liquor. You get chronic wasted.
Speaker 2: I mean they're doing the reno.
Speaker 1: I don't care if the guys and gals that are working here throw a couple back during their shift. I take your time, have a good time, do a good job, but have a couple. What do I care care if you do a good job or not. Right, we're not down at the offices anyway. Leave them like they are.
Speaker 4: If we get a quake and this thing starts to fall apart. I'mmost stand in the middle of all right. Thanks Edward Norton and my chronic wasting disease that started in my Johnson.
Speaker 2: Man, what's going on with you? I told you, Yeah, chronic wasting disease. Well, sorry about your penis.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The first to say that, yeah, won't be the last might be. I ain't counting no chance at Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is that. Yeah, good for you. Man. Damn it, guys, dead wood or.
Speaker 5: Dead wood, that's what happened, dead wood?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Tired this way?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or what were you? I'm tired of feeling this way? They're battling? Yeah, who is the Gophers? They're battling.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 2: They've lost six straight, but they've been in almost every game, So are they not going to make They.
Speaker 5: Had to be there to be in.
Speaker 2: But great teams win. No, good teams win. Great teams cover, and the Gophers covered yet again.
Speaker 5: I got a message from our friend Dave some minette.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and he's going to come in because he's got something special for you, sausage.
Speaker 2: Oh do you know I have a guess?
Speaker 5: Okay, I bet you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have a I saw a video of all of them.
Speaker 1: They were with Dave and Tim Reynolds at this three day Mexico thing they do and.
Speaker 4: Say this again, not everybody knows it by just by Dave Dave Matthews. It could have been Dave from Viking.
Speaker 2: What about what about Dave from Wendy's. He's dead, Dave Thomas.
Speaker 5: If he's with Dave from Wendy's, then he's in heaven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's dead.
Speaker 5: Don't tell me that.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: Anyway, he was with Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds on this thing and they played with a few songs with them all together.
Speaker 1: It looked cool. I can't wait to hear the stories. Is it gonna be like a signed gift for you or something?
Speaker 2: Maybe? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Let's say Dave Simonette da gift enough Dave? Right, do you think Dave signed Dave? How many people are talking to me. Let's say Dave Simonette brought you the sand that Dave Matthews was standing on during those songs each sand?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What sand beach?
Speaker 4: What if he held Dave Matthews down and removed his foreskin.
Speaker 2: Uhha, and he brought it to you? Yeah? What would you do with it? Chewing gum? I'd probably give it to the guy that's going to be here.
Speaker 1: Let's start with the hypothetical sand question, then we'll go to the foreskin.
Speaker 2: What would you do with it?
Speaker 1: If he's like I got this is the stand that Dave Matthew stood on. Would you do anything with the sand? We did throw it away? I mean twenty years ago you'd make love to it. Probably, What would you do with it now? I'd definitely say thank you, put it like something and just put it next to an autograph I have of day Man.
Speaker 2: You would keep the sand?
Speaker 1: I don't know what the correct answer is, asking the correct answer? And farm? Yeah, thank you smart, that's brilliant, and so.
Speaker 2: You would do that? You have an actual a farm in like Louise's room, Zach. You don't get enough credit for how smart you are. Yeah, I'm going to miss him's clever? He Uh?
Speaker 1: What about the forescan? What would you do with his for skin? Probably give it to the guy that's going to be here in two minutes.
Speaker 7: You can't regift Dave Matthews foreskiny.
Speaker 3: Sound the music and Margherita Bell like.
Speaker 8: What a morning you smelled it by the way, don't say that about yourself, sold sauce.
Speaker 1: Dave Simonette hands you the foreskin of Dave Matthews.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that'd be weird.
Speaker 5: But it's like a five skin.
Speaker 2: It's so big and he hands it to you. Can I ask you one question? Yes, where'd you shay?
Speaker 7: I think I would say thank you and then thank you for what Dave Matthew's foreskin.
Speaker 2: Wow. I hope Dave Simonette doesn't bring that.
Speaker 5: I can hope he doesn't like that.
Speaker 2: When is he coming in?
Speaker 5: I don't know. He said he's stop by some time, but.
Speaker 2: He's in town or sometime in the future.
Speaker 5: Here show tomorrow or Saturday in town.
Speaker 2: Great, dude, Great, it's to you guys. What morning? You guys got me all fired up?
Speaker 1: You like Sound of Music? It's my mom's favorite movie. Yeah, a lot of mom's favorite movie for sure. That was one of my mom's favorites as well. The dad in that movie calm down. He's very hot.
Speaker 3: And then yet like there's a whole love story. That's just a phenomenal film. There's nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 2: Critically acclaimed, Yeah, well received.
Speaker 5: I think you're probably right. I'm surprised.
Speaker 8: I never saw it, and then margueritaville r I p is right that that.
Speaker 1: Place you like to place more than the music. I assume though, right, that seems like your vibe. I mean right, you don't care. I love them both. I love Margarita.
Speaker 3: I will I will put nothing on anytime of the day if I'm not working out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, spots, it's this basic instinct. I can see your parts, can see it's shorts are so.
Speaker 3: But it's still what.
Speaker 2: Margarite.
Speaker 3: We'll just get you so happy.
Speaker 2: It put you in a place you know it do drinking and being on a beach.
Speaker 3: What else do you want?
Speaker 4: You guys remember the story about how we were playing at Valley Fair one time, Chris hockey Man, and we were doing an evening show and we got sound checked and we were walking around and Picker just puts on some music, you know, and we were scattered all over the park and you could hear the speakers pretty much where, and suddenly I heard so bar maid bringing a picture another round to brew. Honey, why don't we get drunken screw? And you forgot that that song was on the shuffle, and so we're all running towards the board to try to figure out how to turn it off, because why don't we get drunk and screw was playing at the Valley Fair. That's great, they say you are a snuff queen. Honey, Oh that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember I was on the antique cars when that song was playing. Great ride like that ride sucks?
Speaker 2: The antique cars are they gone? It's only cool.
Speaker 1: When you're super little because you can't believe that you get to push the pedal, probably for the little kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Otherwise, once you get to it, even remotely anywhere near double digit, you're like, this is the slowest lamest car ever.
Speaker 5: Let's get drunken school antique cars?
Speaker 2: What is it now? I don't know when the last have been back. I love val Fair. Was there last summer? I don't remember. Yeah, that's the fifty year man.
Speaker 3: Is that the old wooden one that's from White Bear and Monde area?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I keep hearing isn't from Excelsior from I think he's both.
Speaker 3: I'm not kidding.
Speaker 2: That roller coaster was one from Wild Yeah, wow, Wild. It used to have a roller Tommy Olsen is here or of the Power Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 12: After this, my favorite song is one ever.
Speaker 4: Do do?
Speaker 5: I went mess darned. I hate when the cool kids were on the inside of.
Speaker 7: The road.
Speaker 2: Right before we came out. Tommy, you don't have to say it's up to you yet.
Speaker 3: Whatever. Well, so I started a new show, uh, the pretty popular show.
Speaker 2: Zach's a big fan.
Speaker 3: He did Robbery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you watch it with her?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: I walked in upstairs. We had dinner in bed last night, and I brought up dinner and Chad and then I was.
Speaker 8: Like, oh, you started a new show because I was gone on Tuesday night and got watch.
Speaker 3: And I just said to these guys, why am I getting hard?
Speaker 2: Okay, my god?
Speaker 4: And you didn't take for a second ago. Maybe it's because I'm laying beside my wires.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, definitely not.
Speaker 3: No, whoa, I'm kiddings, daddy. How many sprays and savage do you put on?
Speaker 4: I hit the neck, the belly, and then I kind of do the the you know, walk through the mist.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I heard Musk talking about that on Monday.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nothing, no, no offense against Must, But why is Must the colone?
Speaker 2: Especially where he said that the last shot is for the ladies.
Speaker 3: Then he walked through like first, Yes.
Speaker 5: That's how it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to waste a missed. It's going nowhere, buddy.
Speaker 8: I usually do about I'm a slut though with this, I do about eight to twelve sprays.
Speaker 3: But you want to smell good.
Speaker 5: If you're gonna put it on, you might as well.
Speaker 3: That's the the I don't know, my buddy.
Speaker 8: When we were in high school, middle school, you guys remember middle school dances, grabbing hip, corporate.
Speaker 2: Working concessions, making sure that potforns. Yeah, we would.
Speaker 8: We'd go get a new Hollister or Abercromby T shirt the night before and you'd always get Hollister Drift or Abercommy fierce.
Speaker 3: Those are like the two go tos back.
Speaker 5: In the day, speaking like a different language.
Speaker 13: And we would marinate our shirts the night before, so we put about fifteen twenty sprays and then let it sit in the closet and let it sit in it soaking, soak in the oh my god, in the smell, and.
Speaker 2: Then reapply the next day on your skin and the did they send you home? Yeah, well fill hot plots thrush, What were you looking for, tummy think?
Speaker 3: I was just like ran horny. I was like those kids. But the smells, that's what I remember the most.
Speaker 10: That was just.
Speaker 3: Now, when I smell like Hollister drift, it just brings you right back.
Speaker 2: M that guy. How many people? How many people are you around that currently wear Hollister drifts?
Speaker 3: I don't even know if they make it anymore.
Speaker 8: Hollister is making a comeback though, Avercrabri and Hollister probably the did you guys, you guys been following this all?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I have not been following the comeback of Holliser.
Speaker 7: They got the guys outside again, not anymore that what's the point.
Speaker 3: No, But like in middle school that was everything. Was they wear like a Hollister or Avercrobick shirt. Probably when you were in.
Speaker 8: High school, you guys remember that, like a Moose sweatshirt or something that was cool. But now the comeback, everyone's wearing avercrobby in Hollister.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 2: That's where I get my jeans. Would you wear a Shane Hollander jersey? I don't even know who that is. Don't act like you don't know it is.
Speaker 3: I swear to God, who is it?
Speaker 2: You don't know who Shane Hollander is? Rosoff? Are these good looking cats. I'm guessing, Oh that's heated.
Speaker 10: You should watch the show tom you know you guys should you guys got It's got hard, But somebody is selling it on eBay for seventeen dollars because it's discontinued, This drift cologne.
Speaker 4: Do you guys want to know just how different my life was from Tommy's growing up? You went to Abercrombie and Fitch and got a shirt and then you you drenched it in in that pea water, right.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: One time I got to school on a Monday morning and my friend Mike Russ said, Hey, that's my shirt because my mom had gone to a garage cell at his house on Saturday.
Speaker 5: Ye that smelled better than your shirt, I'm.
Speaker 3: Telling you, but my mom is my mom. Do you know what Mac's he got his?
Speaker 1: He got his order from Indiana Drifter Boy, a bag of a hobo and I agree.
Speaker 3: Own people.
Speaker 13: You know that.
Speaker 2: Fragrance destination.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my mom used to be a saleswoman for them. That's what she did in middle school in highchool.
Speaker 4: I did that in high school as well as a middle schooler.
Speaker 1: Were in middle school, so she bring home all the cologne. Dude, I had to do that, and I did that in high school as well. When I had a job at them All, I had to spray this clone called om bray, and I had to dress up as a cowboy, and so did my other What are you looking at?
Speaker 5: What is that from? I don't even know what?
Speaker 3: What do you like that?
Speaker 2: I have actual story? Because you don't have friends?
Speaker 3: Which one is it?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 5: I don't know that one.
Speaker 2: It's friends?
Speaker 4: Is it friends?
Speaker 3: Is it friends?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it sounds more like a what's the show about Pawnee?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Parks and Yeah, sounds more like Parks and Ray.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Why can't it be my story?
Speaker 5: You wrote a book about Parsons?
Speaker 2: Did not know that he did? Yeah? About the show it's called Pony Yeah?
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 2: I love that show? Yeah? Top five comedy of all times?
Speaker 3: Were you Awkwardugio guy?
Speaker 2: Briefly? Yeah, I have.
Speaker 1: I'm not exaggerating. I have not worn cologne and I bet twenty years. Wow, you can tell no like.
Speaker 2: I don't know like you just you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I bathe, I soap, I shower like of course, I wear theodoran and and I'm a twice liver.
Speaker 2: Doesn't well, that's insane.
Speaker 3: But I'm not kidding, and.
Speaker 5: He doesn't smell.
Speaker 2: He doesn't smell.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you right enough. I did not wear deodorant for two days. You guys would have me killed.
Speaker 1: I wear the odor and I shower on average twice a day. I don't need colone if I don't. If I smell like ass, who cares. I've been married for what now, almost fourteen years, and.
Speaker 4: I'm about smelling like ass?
Speaker 3: Cares smell like ass.
Speaker 2: It's almost impossible.
Speaker 1: If you shower twice a day and wear deodorant, how can I possibly?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wow, oh god, I got some stories for you guys.
Speaker 3: Oh man, this is great.
Speaker 2: All right, We'll do Front Page Sports after this. This says the power to Good Morning Show with Tommy Olsen on the fan.
Speaker 4: Why are you giving? Meet me on the coast line?
Speaker 5: Will you perm one more time?
Speaker 1: I'm like yourself.
Speaker 7: Per Dune in this Friday at eight fifteen to catch h GTV's Matt Minster as he plays the Initials game. And you can see Matt all week and long at the Minneapolis Home and Remodeling Show this Friday through Sunday at us Bank Stadium. At the details and your tickets today at Minneapolis Home and Remodeling show dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, love Matt will be on the show tomorrow. He's great, dude, love that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, looking cat like right now, he's a great looking cat. No, he is, and he's like super going, very nice. Well, I've met him one time on.
Speaker 8: The show and then I've seen him at stuff when we go to that stuff, he's like this, he's like just so kind and you actually we're.
Speaker 3: Long like long lost friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he listens to the show. He knows who you are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, great guy, you're Tommy Olsen.
Speaker 2: Dude, Yeah, you're Tommy Olsen.
Speaker 8: I said, bearing your songs, did you guys see it makes me think of summertime?
Speaker 2: And then me too?
Speaker 8: Did you guys see the lineup that's getting announced at Amphitheater public knowledge?
Speaker 5: It's also to keep putting it out there. Man, it's unbelievable, it's unreal.
Speaker 3: It's couldn't be.
Speaker 4: Sick, Black Crows, Guns and Roses, I mean, Cougar's there and Chris Stapleton, John Mellen camp you, I mean.
Speaker 1: Dave, Dave, Don Matthews and Akon are going on the their hits to her.
Speaker 5: Those guys play three songs. Oh, I'm sorry, An't sorry. I know this sounds weird. I don't know who those people.
Speaker 2: Are back to.
Speaker 8: Like last segment, seventh grade Tea avercrobby shirt avercrobby Fierce Acon and Young Jeezy and I'm grinding first time I'm ever grinding.
Speaker 14: Oh my god, looking at the guys, fantastic, Looking at the one now, I agree it was the best.
Speaker 2: You guys, hear your going? You're going?
Speaker 5: Did the shop teacher say please stop?
Speaker 2: Right? It's two o'clock in the air on a Wednesday thrust.
Speaker 9: Oh god, no, you know big that places if you drove by it at.
Speaker 2: All all the time.
Speaker 5: I was there last weekend. Again, it's huge.
Speaker 2: That's so cool.
Speaker 5: It'd be great, dude. I can't wait.
Speaker 3: That area is blowing, oh like crazy, dude. Yeah, that's Dob's backyard. Dob can walk there.
Speaker 2: I wish you would. Oh for exercise. It's cold out.
Speaker 5: He's gonna have to swim across the river. You cool with that?
Speaker 2: Do laps, buddy? I mean he probably could prove it in the coal. Yeah.
Speaker 5: He probably walked there to get the Mystic lake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, alright.
Speaker 7: One page Sports presented by Holiday Station Stores Alday station stores.
Speaker 1: You can buy two Monsters, get one free at Holiday. Mix and matchine new flavors you want, including ultra punk Punch Monster.
Speaker 2: Buy two, get one free at Holiday Thanks Holiday.
Speaker 1: So I love that holiday, right Tommy, holidays are fantastic.
Speaker 3: Did you guys stop? You guys can go to Hockey Day?
Speaker 2: Did you go?
Speaker 3: Did you stop at the holiday?
Speaker 2: And today?
Speaker 1: Right there?
Speaker 3: That's a really good holiday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, I like that place. They have the freshest pretzels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the best. I love those pretzels meters so much.
Speaker 4: I need one right now.
Speaker 1: The Wolves beat Dallas one eighteen one oh five. Julius Randall thirty one points and had twenty Nas had twenty three.
Speaker 2: The Wolves are sixth in the West. Back to back wins. Now from Minnesota, they're twenty nine and nineteen.
Speaker 1: They host Oklahoma City tonight, so back to back against the best team in the league. That is an eight thirty game because it is an Amazon Prime game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good win for the Wolves.
Speaker 1: The Maps. I know Cooper Flag didn't play, Anthony Davis, all those guys really didn't play. So they've gotten to play some bad teams.
Speaker 2: But they need to win. You take all the wins, you can.
Speaker 3: Where are we rank right down?
Speaker 2: Do we know? Sixth six?
Speaker 3: Oklahoma City's still number one?
Speaker 2: Yep, so they're unstoppable.
Speaker 9: Mm.
Speaker 1: The Spurs are only five and a half games behind. I think I think I saw that this morning. Five and a half games behind Oklahoma City and they've whooped that ass if they can get even close.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, Lou Cove has the scuttle butt on a lot of things. Yeah, and when the power trips in Vegas, he called me up and he's like, I want money on the Spurs.
Speaker 2: They can do it. I'm like, if you want to throw your money away, dad, go ahead. So I got him a ticket.
Speaker 1: Then I'm like, you know what, I'm gonna sweat this with you. So I bought one too, And now a couple months later, I'm like, hell, yeah, Lou, we got an.
Speaker 2: Actual sweat here.
Speaker 3: That's roll.
Speaker 1: We got some serious money on the line here with the Spurs, and they are ready. I'm not saying they're gonna do it this year, but yeah, he was.
Speaker 2: Right, they're ready. They can do it. Is Fox on their team, dearon Fox?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's my favorite point guard league.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 5: I love him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's great. Where do you go to college?
Speaker 3: I knows you always get one God, that's great.
Speaker 2: Okay except for Rob Dillingham. Jeez, the one time, the one time.
Speaker 1: Let's let's stack some NBA stories here so we can keep Chriss engaged. The Bucks are reportedly on the brink of trading star Janis Attenta Kompo, son of a Bitch say several teams.
Speaker 2: Have made very aggressive offers.
Speaker 1: The trade deadline is one week from today next to February fifth, next Thursday. Janni's reportedly also very ready to go. He's thirty one, eligible to sign a four year, two hundred and seventy five million dollars supermax extension on October first, so you're gonna have to pay him a ton. He's played in thirty games this season, averaging twenty eight a game, with a career high sixty four and a half percent from the floor.
Speaker 2: Shams was on I think it was Sports.
Speaker 1: Center or some than last night talking about how, yeah, the Bucks are ready to move on, Well not ready, but they're going to move on. Gianness is they're just trying to find the best deal, and he's like, he started listening teams to look for, and the first team he said was the Wolves.
Speaker 2: He's like in the West. Got to look at Minnesota, got to look at Golden State. Then he named a couple of teams in the Eastern camps as well, but the first team, he said, Minnesota, We're.
Speaker 5: In the You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I know he's not a generational player. I think he fits any on any team you make it work. I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's just financially and with assets. I don't know what we would give him though, so what the hell would we get?
Speaker 7: I think I think the hot runner is they don't really want to start over. They want like ready made players. So I think the rumor would be is Jade McDaniels and then a combination of like nas Or, Julius Dillingham, Terrence Shannon Junior, and Jeez, a couple of it would be basically ant you said Randall would be part of that or not? I think so, yeah, wait, random wood or would not be. I think he's one of the It could be Randal Lurrick, could be nas. Right, it's one of the two.
Speaker 1: Well, but I'm saying like that would be aunt Jannis and essentially nothing left. Well, you'd have Rudy and Daniel's gone to Yeah, he'd be the main He's probably the main piece they want. Yeah, he's a free Yeah, I mean I mean well to get two, I mean, if you got it. It's a little bit like the Quinn Hughes trade. You're giving up everything you have to go all in for the next two to three years, right, assuming we're gonna be able to resign Quinn. Yeah, and I think we will, but we'll see.
Speaker 2: But that would be at thirty one years old.
Speaker 1: For Yannis, you're basically saying the Wolves have a shot in the next three years to do this, So you're going to sacrifice everything you have. No, dilling Ham's worth almost nothing. No, but you know everybody loves nas, everybody loves Jayden. Yep, you'd have to be everybody Raymond.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you'd have to be willing to basically go Gophers and play about seven or eight players because your bench that you've put together would be depleted.
Speaker 1: We have like two of the biggest freaks in the league. I mean in a video game, it would be sweet nasty. Yeah, we have like no picks together. Yeah, that's the other issue. I think if they had.
Speaker 2: The driver's seat in this But would.
Speaker 3: They ever get rid of Rudy?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but you yeah, Rudy, you'd get rid of Rudy in this situation. I think because of his salary. I think that's why you'd move him.
Speaker 5: Put peanut butter on it.
Speaker 2: Yep, it's so sick to have him, it would be. But I don't.
Speaker 1: But you'd have to guarantee that he would sign here after the season because you'd give up your basically your core for him. And if he was if if it was a rental, you'd have a you'd have a big I don't think you give up Jade McDaniel's for him, But.
Speaker 7: If you guarantee he'll be here for three to four more years, and you could probably win a championship with him and Anthony Edwards. I mean, you'd have to go the wild on it. You just say, this is our moment, this is what we're gonna do. So and with Tim Conley as the GM and president of basketball, it's not a no.
Speaker 3: But if we just started winning all the time, the work you'll fun.
Speaker 2: At me, it would be outstanding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just know you got the two of the best players in the world.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, what would you do?
Speaker 3: Let's sell out's what I do it?
Speaker 2: I mean, what trade would you be happy with?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I really like Jade McDaniels, but I don't think the trade happens without.
Speaker 3: Him, even if you get rid of JR. Everyone else.
Speaker 7: I think I think Jaden is he's young, he's good, and he's on a pretty good contract.
Speaker 2: Yeah so.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I would, Yeah, I would probably do it. I like making big trades. I like acting like the NBA is a video game. Hell yeah, yeah, I would do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah you.
Speaker 7: Thanks biz Marquee, brilliant, Sosia Bullet tell him think about it. Cory, this is how much your life has changed. Fifteen years ago, your night show would be two and a half hours of this. Now you're like, we do an extra half hour. Whatever time you did, you know we were super psyche. You know what, no fan outdoors tonight, so you gotta oh god, but you know what it was you.
Speaker 2: Would talk about. This is all you talk about. Now you're like, you know whatever.
Speaker 1: Fifteen twenty years ago, if this equivalent trade was going down like the Allen Iverson one, I'd have to take a third shower that day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did they speaking of.
Speaker 2: Those things anymore?
Speaker 8: You think Cage Spree Will and Kasel that squad versus our squad today, who's winning?
Speaker 5: Who's Cage Spree?
Speaker 1: Well, he's he's Latrell when he got a little antsy right when he needed cash?
Speaker 2: Is that squad? A? I mean, the difference was they were they were vets, like they knew what they were doing. Yeah, thank you, thank you for your service. A good question there to you. Thank you. I'd probably I just like Aunt. I think Aunt would take over. I would take uh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you think Aunt's better at his peak than KG was at his peak?
Speaker 7: An is yet to reach his peak and he will be and will be the best Timberwolf player of all time when it's all said and.
Speaker 2: Probably.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes when Sauce makes a really good sports sports point, he goes full on Buffalo Bill.
Speaker 2: Right, He's gonna this player a long time.
Speaker 1: So he's like, the more you believe your sports take, the more Buffalo Bill you turn into, Well.
Speaker 3: The lowers his voice gets lowers.
Speaker 1: That you mean, yeah, look, I didn't trade for Daunte even sure, but what about An?
Speaker 2: His Aunt better than KG AND's gonna playing all the time. Now, I'm pretty time. If it puts Jaden in the trader, doesn't ain't gonna happen rushed you think?
Speaker 7: No, No, So Ivan's gonna be the best timberl of all time? Say like he does though if the if ant's going to be the best uh timberl of all.
Speaker 2: Stephen right right, Yeah, you're terrible with this wrong.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so we should expect number five to be hanging the rafters by the twenty eighties, maybe twenty nineties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, but I think he likes a rod it Tommy. Yeah, everybody, brilliant head by everybody was piling on by Tommy's paper. That was hardcorese for that good.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: I mean, giannest is on the move. It's going to be a huge deal next week. No matter where he goes traded by next week, we're not gonna wait. Is the favorite and didn't powers your that's post the odds of where it goes.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's New York because of you know, Karl Anthony Towns's contract.
Speaker 1: I mean the other one is Golden State. But they they would trade Jimmy Butler, who's out for the year. Yeah, I think I've seen already people saying that if Butler was healthy and you could trade Kaminga and Butler, that would be the best package back to Milwaukee. But do you know how fast Jimmy Butler would throw a fit and say, get me the hell out of Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Is it an iraq?
Speaker 2: Is that a thing? Is that a watch?
Speaker 5: It's you guys don't know cars cars. Sorry, it's like me listening to you guys talking about.
Speaker 2: What really matters is next. This is the power trip Morty Johan, I agree.
Speaker 4: They car Yes, sir. Did Nicholas Backstrom played for the while?
Speaker 1: He shared it he was the goalie. There are two Nicholas backstrooms. One was a goalie for us and one was like a.
Speaker 2: Capital Backstrom.
Speaker 5: That okay cool.
Speaker 4: So every now and again I see an article and then I get lost down the so Fargo, I get the lost down the rob report.
Speaker 2: Uh what do you call it the rabbit hole?
Speaker 4: Because they have all these different things, like you look at really rich people's cars and really rich people's yachts, and if you click on homes, they have like you know, Steven Stagall lists his house for eleven million dollars, and I like to look at those houses, and I just look at like Nicholas Backstrom's house in Virginia, he just sold for eleven million dollars.
Speaker 2: Sure, that's the other one.
Speaker 4: Every time I look at these houses, the room in their houses that I'm most jel something like if I can have that crowd is always the bathroom, the master bathroom, mill, the bathtub with the walk in shower that has like the different heads and the thing and it hits you there and hits you there.
Speaker 2: And the car wash shower. Yeah exactly right.
Speaker 5: Like the heated floor and.
Speaker 4: Sounds in most of them now, yeah exactly, yeah, like this, like if you want to have fun for real, like the Rancho Arroyo Perdido, which is in the Santa Barbara house that used to belong to Steven Sagal and Kelly LeBrock, is now available for fourteen point five million dollars.
Speaker 5: Okay, And you look through the the front of the house.
Speaker 4: You know it's cool, you know it looks like a nice house, right, But then you go inside, the sun up a bitch, The kitchen's unbelievable, and the master bathroom they just got it on and he looks like a troll.
Speaker 2: By the way, you think they just got everywhere.
Speaker 5: They probably did.
Speaker 4: But then the master bathroom where the bathtub is like and oh it looks like it's from you know, King Henry. The fourth bathroom, you know it's a claw foot bathtub beside a window where you know, you could the gardener was watching Kelly's boobies, you know what I mean, Like head you on a stable.
Speaker 3: Did you watch MTV crips back in the day.
Speaker 5: I did from time to time. Yeah, yeah, that's good.
Speaker 9: So I so I go to the International Builder Show with my work every year it's in it it's between Vegas and then they rotate with Orlando. This year it's Orlando. It's in about a month and the play. The biggest part of the show, and this is one of the biggest shows that they'd have in Vegas. About the year in terms of trade shows is all the bathrooms. And I'm telling you, like the Delta FoST like they show you, it's like it's bathroom porn.
Speaker 2: It's like the.
Speaker 9: Craziest showers and it's like and it's in Like last year, the big innovation was you could buy a tub that on the flip of a switch can go from a.
Speaker 2: Hot tub to a to a cold tub. Right, So it's sounds crazy, but.
Speaker 9: It's temperature because the whole thing is actually in like a cooler heater. And so it's just this is the and people are pouring through to watch this stuff. It's like, it's amazing how much bathrooms.
Speaker 1: And again, guys like twenty four hours from now, Matt Minster was on bath Crasher. Yeah, that's his This is his specialty is knowing the ins and outs of things like this. He was a bathroom expert there for a long time. Probably still is.
Speaker 5: I don't know who's surge he's talking about. Is serg you a bus quest? But look at his bathroom. Look at the link of that, God dang it his computer.
Speaker 2: So they it was almost so.
Speaker 9: If you want to see bathroom porn, you go to Coler dot com because Colder is like the bathroom leader and bathroom Products and their booth that in the in the show in Vegas is like people say, it's a six million dollar booth and they take weeks to st.
Speaker 2: Set up and it's just unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's like a hallway and it's things a shower. Imagine it'll turn on your shower and let the water run without either scalding your balls or freezing them off.
Speaker 3: Seriously, imagine like how hot is your shop? Imagine like French kids and someone in there, dudes, I think about it, A passionate friend.
Speaker 9: Yes, and yeah, water coming from the side, top, maybe from the bottom, A shower.
Speaker 5: Friend, something in my bottom?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Tell me how long have I known you?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 2: Twelve years? Twelve years? Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I've been out of high school since nineteen ninety eight. I don't know anybody who has used the word French kiss since nineteen ninety eight more than you.
Speaker 2: But you love that phrase and you love doing it. Can I'll tell you why?
Speaker 3: Can I tell you why?
Speaker 2: French ship? Please? Please?
Speaker 8: Because when you hear a French kiss, it brings you back to like eighth grade, and you get those feelings again.
Speaker 3: You're like, this is great.
Speaker 1: You're having a middle school moment, mab. You want to you want to go to those middle school not Maybe didn't.
Speaker 2: You travel?
Speaker 3: What was better than when you French that that was better than sex? It was no when you were in seventh grade and you.
Speaker 2: Were fighting for your first that you talked about.
Speaker 14: That's what I'm saying it changed your life in seventh grade, Chris had already had six.
Speaker 2: Presents and stas.
Speaker 3: Would dad.
Speaker 2: You went on three.
Speaker 4: Times, Velma French.
Speaker 3: Do you know that it was like your gateway drugging getting morning?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know what you did call it? Though you called it a passionate French kiss? Is there such thing as a non passionate one?
Speaker 8: Though I don't want to be I don't know what's the difference between a french and a makeout?
Speaker 2: I mean you could sit in the back that I think you. I think I make the French.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, French is like a quick one, like tongue.
Speaker 2: When was your first French kiss?
Speaker 3: Last day of school? Seventh grade?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: This might be proof?
Speaker 1: Was a teacher's name, Tommy, Tommy. This might be proof that French kissing is better than sex. You know why you didn't even flinch? Justin's like, when's your When was your first kiss? Flast day seventh grade?
Speaker 2: Right? You had it ready to go? Huh.
Speaker 1: Sauce doesn't remember losing his virginity. Think about that for a second. Yeah, he does not remember.
Speaker 5: He blocked it out.
Speaker 2: You don't even know who it was with. Let alone when or what day?
Speaker 1: No, she doesn't remember think about that, so but you answered quickly walkers through it? Uh?
Speaker 3: We were was it was it a girlfriend?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a girl friend? Was your girlfriend?
Speaker 9: It was at It was at a bombfire and the school's done kind of a post post end of the year celebration seventh grade.
Speaker 2: Are you drinking?
Speaker 8: No, I didn't drink till I was don't football, but I we were sitting around bombfire and I was.
Speaker 13: Too scared, so I like told I told one of my friends, like we should play truth or there, and then he like said, let's play tru break this.
Speaker 3: Play And then we walked over like ten feet down made up.
Speaker 2: I thought, So somebody dared you to do it French kiss or made out?
Speaker 3: I know, well, it was probably more of a French because it was probably like ten.
Speaker 2: So hang on, you did you make out in front of the whole group or just just.
Speaker 3: Like ten feet over so they're all probably watching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just heart pumping cool.
Speaker 3: I felt after that that summer.
Speaker 2: I was flying holling do you stay together?
Speaker 3: That summer we broke up.
Speaker 2: Your choice of hers?
Speaker 8: No, I was actually playing big buck Hunter at a different girl's house.
Speaker 5: She refused.
Speaker 3: My god, I told a different girl.
Speaker 2: I liked her, and I got back to yeah, that'll do it. Before that first kiss, did you practice with anybody?
Speaker 3: No, Zack?
Speaker 2: How dare you sack? That's a fair question, right man.
Speaker 1: But all of us in these two rooms have had a big buck breakup in the past, right, especially the best of us house.
Speaker 2: So that was it.
Speaker 3: It's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Now did you have malt that summer? Was it like a summer of French kissing?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 3: I mean, how often you hanging when you're eating in seventh?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Four?
Speaker 7: Justin?
Speaker 1: When is he going to have a chance to make out? He was at football practice? Yeah, but it was like a big buck hunting.
Speaker 8: Well, you hadn't called home phone back then, like you barely watched Yeah, yeah, no home.
Speaker 3: So I lost my first kiss and Eddie had his first kiss on the same night with that yeah, same girl, girl girl. It was my sixth grade birthday party, my first leg. It was like a long pack. But Eddie had to make out that night.
Speaker 2: Man, Wow, Sauce doesn't remember the day he lost his virginity. You know the first time your brother made up with somebody? Long pack?
Speaker 14: All right, let's do what is brought to you by my friends, and oh Lasick and Lens get your life changed in twenty twenty six by getting rid of glasses or contacts with Ovo, Lasick and Lens.
Speaker 2: Thanks Ovo. All right, let's let's talk about some stuff that we haven't talked about it all yet.
Speaker 5: Well, we talked about frenchmen with our brother we did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, typical.
Speaker 1: Thursday, the Cleveland Browns hired Todd Monkin as their new head coach. He is the former Ravens offensive coordinator. He turned sixty next week and they're one of those young guys. It's so old buttholeys for a first time head coach.
Speaker 2: But uh whatever, they can do whatever they want. It's Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Since nineteen ninety nine, Cleveland will now have their eleventh full full time head coach.
Speaker 2: Right, they had a lot of interim coaches and swell.
Speaker 1: This is the eleventh full time coach since returning to the NFL in nineteen ninety nine that Trails. During that span, only one team has more full time head coaches, which is thirteen since nineteen ninety nine. What franchise has thirteen?
Speaker 5: I bet it's the Raiders.
Speaker 2: Nailed it. Wow, Wow, Wow, nailed it. He was going to say the Joklin slash Vegas Raiders Laye Kiffins in that mix. Uh, the Browns have picks six and twenty four in this year's first.
Speaker 4: Roundly crap, no kidding. Hey you guys, you're the football experts over there. Do you think Suars got them?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Maybe a little bit. I know we saw something. Yeah, he made the Pro Bowl. Yeah he sure he sure it just got awful numbers.
Speaker 9: But if I was the Browns, I think they have a great defense. I would have gone with the offensive minded head coach personally, that's.
Speaker 8: What he is.
Speaker 2: Defensive. No, he's the OCD Ravens.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you need an offensive mind there, not that they didn't have it with Stefanski, but but so.
Speaker 2: Uh do you hear the all the Jim Schwartz rumors. So Schwartz is their.
Speaker 1: DC, and obviously they have one of the best defense defenses in the NFL.
Speaker 2: He thought he was the front runner to get the job.
Speaker 5: I can't believe he wasn't.
Speaker 1: He didn't And apparently he's still under contracts. And I guess he meets us and he's like, this is BS. I'm just I'm out of here. And they were, well, you're you're under contract, we might want to keep He's like, no, no, no, no, I'm not. I'm not going to be d c here anymore. If you don't appreciate me, I'm out of here. So he took his ball and went home.
Speaker 9: Wown't do you guys see even the top three quarterback?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: I think he has a long way to go. He showed a couple of flashes, but I think.
Speaker 3: I've taken a couple of backups over him in the NFL.
Speaker 1: How about Dylan Gabriel has better numbers than he does. Think about that I'm taking I'd probably start geting and Gabriel looked pretty bad. Yeah, what about but the vibe was different with Sho over him?
Speaker 5: What about our guy?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 3: I I think I just like him personally.
Speaker 2: You take McCarthy or shoulder. I take McCarthy. I take McCarthy.
Speaker 5: I think I might take.
Speaker 2: He's amazing to drop off.
Speaker 9: I think the reason why I said he's she I mean, I think you have to see something and then you just gotta you gotta lean in like McCarthy, and you gotta lean in. And Ben said it all year and unfortunately he wasn't healthy enough to do it. But you got to watch it develop in front of your eyes. And it's painful at times, but that's it's you know that they with McCarthy, I think we've seen more, but Shadur at times did it kind of flash makes place.
Speaker 4: If Shador's got an inkling of talent, he's gonna believe he's the best in the world, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean. And that matters, it really does. Got to have the mindset. Yeah, well, what really matters is this prop.
Speaker 5: I forgot where doing that? My pocket?
Speaker 4: They're close to being ready for Oh, here we go, I got it open now this day in history, ready for this?
Speaker 2: Fargo?
Speaker 1: You right for this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, on this day in what year do you think the US Baseball Hall of Fame elected its very first members?
Speaker 2: Hmmm, good question. That's why I thank you first members. And don't you think it was probably the first Hall of Fame America's pastime for sports? Probably? Yeah? Yeah, I'm in for sports. Yeah, and this year I'm gonna say nineteen.
Speaker 4: Sixty in bios forty nine, nineteen forty nine, nineteen nineteen.
Speaker 2: Man great rope here, Yeah.
Speaker 9: Like what did people care to look back and say you're really good, like's acknowledge you as different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this feels like a who was.
Speaker 2: You have to have enough, you have to have a nugouts that name Steve, some critical.
Speaker 1: Mass even I want to go I'll say early fifties and like fifty two.
Speaker 4: On January twenty ninth of nineteen thirty six, way back, the US Baseball Hall of famerly like did its first members to Cooperstown Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth pretty good, Honus Wagner, Christy Mathewson, and Walter Johnson.
Speaker 2: Pretty good group.
Speaker 4: I've never heard of those last two really, Christian Mathwson and Walter Johnson never Walt Dog what.
Speaker 2: Good? Good squad? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hey, speaking of baseball, Yeah, the Twins traded Edward Julian and pitcher Pierson Oll to the Colorado Rockies for minor league pitcher Jace Kaminska.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: So if you're a Twins fan, you already knew about that though, Oh, because you listen to Twins daily. Spring Train's hurt a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: John Bonus is gonna spend about nine months in Florida. Yeah, trying to talk is into going down there.
Speaker 2: I'm going is he actually, yeah, he always does. Every year.
Speaker 1: He the month of March sometime next week is driving from here to Philly and then driving down to Fort Myers. And I think he's come path of Andrew Cananan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why don't Why why don't we do that?
Speaker 2: Didn't he go to Pennsylvania and Florida.
Speaker 3: I'm going to I'm going for next week. But why don't Why don't we do it in the road?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, I'm doing it. We're broadcasting from there by we I mean the man, whoever else is coming?
Speaker 5: I don't care.
Speaker 3: Okay, I love it.
Speaker 8: But isn't there a tagline something in Minnesota that says I'm in like you guys.
Speaker 3: Tell you guys all the time. I'm no, we should. Why weren't we?
Speaker 8: We can do I'm in, I do God, like, if the Vikes didn't spring training in Florida, we would go.
Speaker 2: Hotter than balls?
Speaker 5: Right, sure, yes it would because you could get your first French kiss.
Speaker 2: Oh god, you imagine you can make game.
Speaker 3: God, that'd be great, It would be great.
Speaker 4: Right, Just get up and do the morning show?
Speaker 3: Are you actually going on?
Speaker 5: He's telling you, We've already talked it through.
Speaker 2: I'm doing it, man, for Myers. Right, that's right. I'd love to go.
Speaker 5: Run down there, man.
Speaker 8: And we had to like broadcast live, like, oh yeah, they're throwing baseball whatever.
Speaker 4: We could do this show from anywhere. Why not do it from someplace?
Speaker 8: Was cool.
Speaker 1: My favorite part was a week or so ago when we first threw this out and we're like, yeah, I think we're all of us kind of feel like we're interested in saucecos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd bring Kellen Little. We're like, whoa family? Nobody's bringing wives and kids.
Speaker 8: No, you imagine going to like a Jimmy Buffett esque vibe bar Margaritaville did there's probably Margaritaville there.
Speaker 2: There's one four hit some frozen marks.
Speaker 3: By the way.
Speaker 8: Teaser for next segment, I got to talk to you something detrimental happened to something that I love.
Speaker 2: Your bottle.
Speaker 3: I'm talking detrimentally. I had to sit down when I read it.
Speaker 2: All right, Tommy had his heart broken. We'll figure out what that is after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Power Trio wonting to show Tommy Olsen's here, Justin Knzimius is here.
Speaker 2: This is the Power Tree wanting jow on the vent.
Speaker 1: This is your.
Speaker 12: Sometimes small town bar, a couple of bay home small town stars, strong press.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's right. Thomson, Sir, Will you let me know brother kay Elston.
Speaker 2: Of the Hawks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll talk to him. I'll see what's going on.
Speaker 2: You let me know brothers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey, before we get into college football, we're talking about, uh that that Gopher schedule. That looks good.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's dive in.
Speaker 3: We're gonna.
Speaker 4: We're gonna, but first I gotta play this for you. It is National Puzzle Day.
Speaker 11: Forty of Americans say they put a puzzle together at least once a year, and there's.
Speaker 3: No I'd rather die than play.
Speaker 11: Okay, it's a lot to navigate, finding border pieces, clustering colors, and not letting the cat or dog run off with the pieces. Psychologists say puzzles are good for us. They sharpen the mind, relieve stress, improve logic, and twenty five minutes at a puzzle can improve your IQ.
Speaker 5: Buy up to four points? How about that? Wait a minute, what was the last point?
Speaker 2: What is your IQ? By four points?
Speaker 5: That's what I said.
Speaker 11: I'll play again, Q buy up to four points and improve your IQ and it set A puzzle can improve your IQ buy up to four points and that's reason enough to celebrate National Puzzle.
Speaker 5: So YOURQ was stagnant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a lot of questions.
Speaker 5: I heard that.
Speaker 1: I have always thought your IQ is basically what your IQ is. Yes, we do, because if you're getting smarter, you're just gaining knowledge. Your brain's not working at a higher sure, So I don't understand that.
Speaker 2: My wife loves puzzles. A lot of the gals in the neighborhood love puzzles.
Speaker 1: They one hundred percent do it as like a distraction, stress reliever, like let's just zone out and do puzzles nothing. And the other thing I've learned since uh you know initials game lives expanded and all these breweries and bars and restaurants, Oh good for me, A lot of those same So I follow almost all of those breweries or bars on Instagram or Twitter or whatever.
Speaker 2: A lot of them run puzzle nights.
Speaker 3: Yeah, puzzle tables.
Speaker 1: Are right, or puzzle competitions where it's like you bring a team of two or four people and everybody races to the same puzzle.
Speaker 2: They're huge. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, like puzzle, Well, I love puzzles at times like it kind of it's based on the stress. Like I in COVID, I got into puzzles. It was like five minutes between a meeting and you're online all day. You want to get away from zoom and it's just a distraction. But I will say in my puzzle experience, when you move from a five hundred piece puzzle to a thousand, it's a game changer. It slows down because it's it's just the spatial referencing of the smaller pieces and it's usually more complex, but it can be pretty fun.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I've done one. It was during COVID. Yeah, that whole thing.
Speaker 2: It didn't go well.
Speaker 3: No, it was actually Cinderella's like castle.
Speaker 2: How many piece puzzle? You remember? Undes have you?
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen Disney?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cinderella has a castle? Are you? Are you?
Speaker 10: Are you?
Speaker 3: What's castle? That's literally what Disney's based on.
Speaker 5: Every every castle that you walked through at the very you.
Speaker 2: Know, every prediction that's that's Oh, I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: I hate to say this on the air because it sounds like a gazillion dollar idea and Fargo, you and I are going to start a business.
Speaker 5: Do they make filthy puzzles?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Gosh, they have to last.
Speaker 3: No one could last that long?
Speaker 2: Why is it? Yes? Yes they do?
Speaker 3: Do they really?
Speaker 5: The following words happy birthday, I've got a piece of the laby.
Speaker 2: This is just one of boobs, Like here it comes, Why I can't find it? Check the box?
Speaker 3: Do you guys enjoy it? Do you guys actually like puzzles?
Speaker 2: I just one of butts. Some people always have a puzzle just going on in the background. Yeah, yeah, I don't like that. I I need to if I put if I'm going to puzzle, that's gonna puzzle the problem.
Speaker 9: The problem because now you've committed like eight to ten hours over well of a letting it.
Speaker 4: Linger would be Yeah, Corey, for somebody who can't eat, you got to eat the whole sleeve, right, go on, you got to finish the whole puzzle.
Speaker 5: That's the hard thing to.
Speaker 3: Say to you.
Speaker 4: Start to finished you to me too, that's what she did the whole saturday. If I have a hard time leaving the puzzle there and ever coming back to whatever.
Speaker 2: Again, Yeah, that's why I don't like starting now.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think two people five hundred piece puzzle, eight hours, that's a commitments.
Speaker 1: He puts together a few per year, didn't ask, don't care Before we get back into what matters, Tommy, you said something is.
Speaker 8: You actually sit down when I read this, and I had a lot of multiple people send it to me. What what's a bar that I talk about more than anything in the like a top five bar?
Speaker 3: No, it's yeah, it's I gotta what is it in this? It's not in Minnesota?
Speaker 2: Oh that bar in Florida?
Speaker 3: Well that the Undertoe. That's my favorite bar in the world.
Speaker 2: You're I talk about a lot of bars. It's called Zips.
Speaker 3: Remember I bring up Snips.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so it's in Scottsdale, right, there's there's there's nine or there's ten of them. The owner of it is Goldie. Started with Goldies. This is how I fell in love. And that's where people in Arizona go watch Gopher games. Is started at Goldies and they have gold Arita and Zipperritas and their frozen marks Core.
Speaker 2: You would absolutely love it. You have my attention.
Speaker 8: And they have chicken skewers, so it's chicken tenders on a skewer.
Speaker 2: You would be obsessed with.
Speaker 3: No court, you would like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, relax, we just meet. No, they got you'd love it.
Speaker 3: They recently just got raided by like federal agents.
Speaker 8: There's like a huge drug pin going around and like they're dealing drugs out of all the zips fantastics are and they all shut down.
Speaker 3: Whoa, yeah, how sad is that that?
Speaker 2: Well, well, here's the deal. Someone buys it. Hey, dude, maybe you become goldie you buy it. Yeah, that'd be kind of cool. Maybe it's actually bankruptcy. Get it, Tommy. I can already picture of the TV commercials, just you standing there going.
Speaker 4: God's perfect.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, dude, do you want the.
Speaker 2: Best frozen margaritas in Scottsdale? Come to the zips. I have a lot of good ideas. Why it would you guys go in on it with me? I'm an al.
Speaker 3: So that's uh.
Speaker 8: I'm looking for updates on what's going to happen. The rumor they're gonna be okay, but we'll see.
Speaker 5: Please let us know.
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Crushed.
Speaker 3: But up to waste management, they probably make a lot of money.
Speaker 8: You need some waste waste this week ways managements next weekend, superwe is going.
Speaker 3: This is going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, dude, I know she's got to be hammered. Check out her Instagram.
Speaker 3: You's got like all these new fits. She's gonna look, she's gonna look.
Speaker 2: Is it is the sixteenth hole? Right's the Yeah?
Speaker 3: That's mean?
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah. That tournament's sweet. The one this week and they need the three?
Speaker 4: Wow, I can think of five. All right, Okay, here we go Golden Gun for football? Ready? Hell yeah, dude, we September third, Eastern Illinois hunting the Bank Stadium. I think this is the easiest schedule I've seen since I've been a Golden Golf.
Speaker 2: Are you actually being serious completely?
Speaker 13: Dude?
Speaker 2: Come on, I think he's I think he's onto something.
Speaker 4: I mean, let's have four home away games?
Speaker 5: Are five away games?
Speaker 3: Something like that?
Speaker 5: One, two, three, waits more than five? Five?
Speaker 2: Still?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean I think of it in quarters. So the first part of the year, the first quarter is like three non conference games. So Eastern Illinois is a one double a team three and eight. In twenty twenty five, w Right Mississippi States, the first time the Gophers have played an SEC team in the regular season since nineteen fifty nine.
Speaker 5: So Alabama next year.
Speaker 2: That comes. I think we go back.
Speaker 9: We go to Mississippi State next year. And then after that we take on Bama. So Mississippi State was one and seven in the SEC. So again bottom bottom feet of the SEC. That's a W and an Akron, which is a five and seven team.
Speaker 2: In the MAC and Akrons is Jets says, do not order the Zamboni cocktail two. Yeah, well that that's good. Sorry ordering. Yeah, so zip zips.
Speaker 3: Are that's a W.
Speaker 9: So you started off the first quarter of the non conference three and ah, you're feeling great. All those games are at home, and then the next quarter you go to Washington. So that's scary Washington. Your guy Jed Fish, he's the head coach. He was talked about some of these big, big roles.
Speaker 2: He didn't get it.
Speaker 9: So he's staying at Washington. Their quarterback. If you remember he entered the portal. Then he committed then and he was trying to do a bunch of stuff. He stayed and got paid a lot of money to stay at Washington.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Okay, So he's back.
Speaker 9: So they they go to Washington. So really fun environment to play with. The I think a lot of Minnesota finally get a road victory. A lot of Minnesota a long time and they're at middle of the road Big ten teams, so it's not like Washington is in the top of the Big Ten. Then we get Michigan early, and it's really important to get Michigan early. At home at home, a little brown job Kyle Winningham, it's his first road game.
Speaker 3: They're trying to figure everything else.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they're trying to figure Stuf want. I want to have them really because he will figure it out. So the Brown Jug, the little Brown Jug comes back to to hunting and Bike Stadium. W and then the last game of the second quarter here right of the season is you go to Purdue again Owen nine and the Big ten this year two and ten overall record, snooze fast, bottom of the Big ten. W so six and oh and you get to take you finally get your bye week.
Speaker 5: I'm saying, Tommy, did you give I'm saying yeah, so seven and.
Speaker 3: Oh and then we go to the buy six six and six and massed up six and oh.
Speaker 2: So you go to the bye and then and you need to buy you know why, because you take on Iowa.
Speaker 3: And I'm so pumped up having a bye before Iowa.
Speaker 1: There we wanted the buys exactly what the residents of Scottsdale are going to say when they go to the season owner of.
Speaker 2: Zips, you the bottom of the Big ten.
Speaker 5: I love that you got to get your restaurant.
Speaker 2: You'll be an amazing host. But I was so excited.
Speaker 3: But then Iowa has a bye week to they do, so.
Speaker 9: Both teams have a bye weekend, but we have an lament, so we get w and then we get our chance for the third year in a row to take on the defending national champion. So we go to Indiana on Halloween nights. Believe I've heard it's a night game will be scheduled, and and you know, Corey loves us. What's Indiana coming into with this game? Michigan and Ohio State and back to back weeks have him at We have him at the perfect time.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And they have a bye after us.
Speaker 9: Look at that they have after it's set up for there, you're not even thinking about it.
Speaker 2: So correct.
Speaker 9: So Kurt Signetti, good Signetti loses his third game at Indiana, it's to the Gophers, and then he.
Speaker 3: Can come back.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 9: And Bob Chesney is the first year not Kenny Chesney. Bob Chesney is the new coach at u c L, a bottom feeder of the Big ten, three.
Speaker 2: And six in last year home game, w and now and.
Speaker 9: Now you got to go into the last So now it's nine and oh you're probably sitting there in the CFP ranking we're talking about he's seven eight.
Speaker 5: Now football Saturday again.
Speaker 2: And then and then a tough game is we got to go to Penn State.
Speaker 3: End of the bar.
Speaker 2: We should be both game, but Matt, we should go. Let's go Hawk.
Speaker 9: Matt Campbell first year, the first year of his time there, the Iowa State coach did bring the quarterback.
Speaker 2: They did they about everybody. The running back from Lakeville.
Speaker 3: He was as well.
Speaker 9: Actually actually had a chance to doing Indiana and Penn State chose Pennsate State.
Speaker 2: So and we have him late.
Speaker 9: And that is concerning to me because I think Matt Campbell and I don't know if if Ben was here, he'd say the same, Matt Campbell will get that program moving. And again, great talent there, they just had to with Franklin just kind of got tired. So at Penn State, tough game. What I like about this what happens the week before they go to Washington, traveling across the country, Ye, by by. And then we come back and we play Northwestern. I don't forget Northwestern at Ridley Field this year. They stole one from us. Right, what is Northwestern coming off of Oregon? Iowa, Ohio state?
Speaker 2: Oh my yeah?
Speaker 9: Serious beat up, looking looking tired. And then we go to Wisconsin. Luke Fickle and I tell you what if there's you tell me is there an easier schedule in the Big ten besides Wisconsin opening the year at Notre Dame. No, they played nobody, so that will be a tough game. So here's the deal. Why not ten and two? Why not eleven and one? Because in year ten you're getting as and Hock email this or texted us on Tuesday and he's like, guys, this has to be the year and why not?
Speaker 2: This is the schedule is favorable?
Speaker 9: You got I think for the most part, as I said, you got the teams when we want to take them on and and then I think the only thing left to do is and this is a crazy date. Hold the calendars right, book the hotel room, Las Vegas on January twenty fifth is the national championship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we should do it all. Text win jump, we should cover it for sure. Yes, can you believe?
Speaker 9: I mean we talked about the last National cham we talked about last week called late that felt.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there literally are over two weeks between the semi final and the final next year.
Speaker 2: Get that? Yeah, that's ridiculous, crazy Tommy.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh god, the internet is suggesting at zip bottomless steak.
Speaker 2: Fries where the waiters are bottomless. You guys just do it all my ideas.
Speaker 4: There's a wild deal on Wednesdays as well. For three dollars you get five amazing hot locks.
Speaker 2: I love that so good, Tommy.
Speaker 8: Truthfully, truthfully, I honestly the only scared game I am is at in Nana.
Speaker 3: I think we're going to handle this schedule very well.
Speaker 2: Two and a half road wins. I'll take the under two and a half two and a half.
Speaker 5: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Two and a half.
Speaker 5: Two and a half, there's only.
Speaker 3: There's only five of them? What about two?
Speaker 2: We push it?
Speaker 1: We push it to Sure, we push it two hundred bucks and fifty, Sure put your money.
Speaker 3: Fifty.
Speaker 2: Absolutely they win three you win to push.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah anymore?
Speaker 8: Now I'm on your side, brother, Yeah, what do you want to put the overall?
Speaker 5: I want to put all my money into your.
Speaker 2: Restaurant nine and a half. I'll take the under.
Speaker 8: Me.
Speaker 2: Just Tommy, it's early, isn't the Natty coming up soon? Just we don't bring that up and a half. I'll take the under nine and a half. Yeah, it doesn't count the Bowl game.
Speaker 3: Just give us some time time.
Speaker 2: Marin a little bits release, focus on your restaurant.
Speaker 3: Nine and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, no, no, let's talk. Let's talk eight and a half.
Speaker 5: Let's do eight.
Speaker 2: You give eight to part I.
Speaker 3: Like to push because push quarterbox to fifty.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, let's go on, all right, love it? There you go? Okay, Yeah, we're locked. All right, the news is next.
Speaker 5: Far get gotta go?
Speaker 2: Y is the power drip?
Speaker 4: When you join the van wants him?
Speaker 10: I gave him that friend.
Speaker 2: Somebody wanted.
Speaker 4: No one.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: Let's say