Speaker 1: All right, it is Mojo in the Morning show phone number eight four to four Mojo Live. The text is nine five five zero zero Text numbers nine five five zeros here. All right, I got a quick question to ask. So Chelsea and I are going to a wedding. We got a wedding coming up, and it's an out of It's not an out of town wedding, it's an out of country wedding. Okay, So we're going to a destination wedding and it's out of the country. Do you have to buy a wedding gift for somebody that if you go to a destination wedding, I'll.
Speaker 2: Say, yeah, it doesn't have to be crazy expensive, but it can be a token of eat your affection for them.
Speaker 3: Really, the the've got to be none crazy. What do you think, Shan.
Speaker 4: I feel like I've been in this predicament before and I'm always like, nah, I'm not going to give a gift, And then I get there and I'm like, I got.
Speaker 3: To give a gift, yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Know, and I'm like running out and buying a card and putting money in it.
Speaker 3: So here, because here's the thing.
Speaker 1: We are spending money on airfare we're spending money on hotel. We're spending money on spending money, you know what I mean? Like if it was a wedding and I was just going to it and it was at the uh, you know, Whitney. You know, what's what's the place on the east side up by you Lydia.
Speaker 5: Oh that's Pennas Shannondoa's on the west side.
Speaker 1: Now what's the other place? Though I was thinking of that, they were all the pla. I just like the name of it. I just like saying Plazzo Grande. So if I was, you know, going to a wedding at the Palazzo Grande, all I got to do is just drive there right and then. And then here's another question, And I think Kevin and I are going to differ on this one because I think I brought it up in the pre show meeting with us. What is the how much money do you give as a wedding gift? Because I think nowadays one hundred dollars is cheap, Like I think, and I know not everybody can afford one hundred dollars, But if you're invited to a wedding and you know they paid more than one hundred dollars probably for your meal alone. Are you only giving them one hundred dollars as a wedding gift? I think what's your threshold? Well, even a even a happy meal now is now seventeen to eighteen dollars?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Well, I mean you can't. You can't. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I can't base my gift giving off of happy meals. I got to base it off what I can afford. Well, just because the world inflated, don't mean my pockets are.
Speaker 1: But that's where That's what I'm saying. Maybe maybe there's you know, needs, Like when the bride and groom open up cards and they open up the gifts, I guarantee you when now they see one hundred dollars, they're like, hey, I bet he makes I bet Kevin makes more money than that To give me one hundred dollars, I'm not your five hundred dollars card guy.
Speaker 3: But you got to open up the next what's your relationship with them? If you're at their uncle, yes you should give more. Also if you're in the wedding, like I have to go to a bridle shower, I have to get a dress. I'm not giving you five hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know the relationship of the people. Get them something that symbolic of your relationship. You're not trying to finance. They knew what they were doing when they decided to have this type of wedding with this, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You know it's not up to you to pay for it.
Speaker 1: I'm throwing a bunch out there, so I guess we can tackle them all at the same time. But destination wedding, I have to get them a gift. And if I'm going to get them a gift, do I get them something big because I spend a you know, we had to spend money on the airline stuff.
Speaker 3: You know, give them some batteries. Everybody needs batteries.
Speaker 5: Awesome.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 4: I feel like you're gonna feel yeah, like you're gonna be You're gonna feel shamed if you get there and you don't give them a gift.
Speaker 5: That's what always happens to me. I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: You probably in a situation, spend more money than you would have if you ever got it. Sure.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, though, they're not going to know for a while because nobody knows what they got his gifts until a couple of days later. What's a nice I wait and see what kind of fun we have, Tory, what's up to a year?
Speaker 3: Hey? Torri, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 3: How are you? My brother is having a destination wedding in the fall, and I'm.
Speaker 4: Pretty sure they're expecting gifts.
Speaker 3: So where is it? Where are you guys going?
Speaker 5: We're going to the vineyard and it's in North Carolina, so it's right on the border of North Carolina and.
Speaker 4: Georgia, so it's like one country. It should be super pretty.
Speaker 3: But it is a black tie optional.
Speaker 1: So I if you go to a black tie wedding and you only give one hundred dollars as a gift, that's they already wants you to dress up. You can't give one hundred dollars a person. I'm saying that you got to give at least a couple hundred, two hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 3: No, not a person, No for well black five hundred.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm gonna be on the optional side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you got to give more than that. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Call text her about the the Arab weddings that they said the Chaldean weddings and stuff like that. They wrote Kaldian and Arab weddings and then they gave an amount.
Speaker 3: Wait till you hear that amount? What's up, Eileen?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 3: Hi? What's what's your thoughts? Well, what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: Is, first of all, if it's out of the country, won't they have to claim that money when they come back?
Speaker 3: If anything, I would think, you.
Speaker 5: Know, give them a gift or you leave or not at all.
Speaker 3: Because you're already paying for the travels, your room, all of that. That's an interesting thing.
Speaker 1: If it's out of the country, do you have to come back through customs and say I'm also coming back with you know, a blender, right because.
Speaker 5: They wouldn't be able to bring all the stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, just think of how they did give them a physical gift.
Speaker 5: How to get that all back home too?
Speaker 3: People?
Speaker 1: Do they really want you to buy something off their their Yes, for a wedding.
Speaker 5: For a wedding, No, they want money, right.
Speaker 1: Lydia can't get this person on the text. What's the most says ready Keldyan and Arab weddings minimum five hundred dollars?
Speaker 5: Now, why that's insane?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's true too, Like if it's a first cousin, you're at least throwing five hundred dollars in that envelope or what.
Speaker 5: Well, it's because we're really close to them.
Speaker 2: So I'm just saying, like, if you don't like you get, you can't come to things.
Speaker 3: Giving or like just say it.
Speaker 5: But I almost feel like it's a little frowned upon.
Speaker 3: You're going to need lydium Bion get to hold off. I'm getting married, Michelle, what's up, Michelle?
Speaker 5: Okay, So, if you guys are just acquaintances, it's a minimum two hundred a person, and then obviously going.
Speaker 4: Person two hundred dollars. So West and I go to a wedding, it's four hundred dollars. Now then they then everybody whose wedding I've gone to recently hates me.
Speaker 5: I am not writing a check for four hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Listen, No, it honestly stops, especially having so many weddings coming back to Bath.
Speaker 5: But at this point nothing feels enough or do you have a shock on my face?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, but I'm.
Speaker 5: Not writing a check for four hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's I remember all the Kaldian weddings that I've gone to.
Speaker 3: It's been a lot of money. What's going on, Wally?
Speaker 2: Hi? Hi, yoe?
Speaker 3: What's up? You guys are talking about one hundred dollars? You know, we Arabs and Chaldeans. The minium you would say at a wedding, it's five hundred. Yeah, nonimal Who decides? Who decided?
Speaker 2: Because you know the banquet hells are so expensive in the wedding.
Speaker 5: Guess what that's on you. I hate this rule, I really do.
Speaker 4: It bugs me so bad whenever we talk about Keldian weddings and they're like, well, we have to make our money back. Well, that's not the purpose of throwing a wedding. A purpose of throwing the wedding is to celebrate two people and starting their life together and having your friends and family.
Speaker 5: But for that coach to your guest to pay for the wedding.
Speaker 3: Listen, they got to pay for the champagne bar in the.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: No, hold on, Heather, what's up, Heather? This is an absolutely ridiculous expectation to get that kind of money at a wedding. I don't agree with you often, Kevin, but you are right on this one. I agree with you. Welcome to the right side. You're right.
Speaker 4: It's just they should be happy that you're there.
Speaker 1: To celebrate them in the day.
Speaker 3: It's not all about the money in the gifts. What's your name?
Speaker 1: I'm going to write it down, Heather, like you, Heather, Heather, Hold on real quick, Alex is joining our party line here, Alex.
Speaker 3: What's up, Alex? Alex? Well, it's because our weddings cost on hundred and twenty grand.
Speaker 4: You gotta be putting you are stupid on your wedding.
Speaker 3: Stupid, it cost costs lots of money.
Speaker 4: Well choice, how much money a wedding?
Speaker 5: Dang?
Speaker 3: And it costed about one hundred and thirty five grades. All right, so stupid, Alex. Are you talking about your wedding? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, so so tell me how how you got to one hundred and thirty thousand in your wedding.
Speaker 3: Break it down for me. Flowers twenty grand, let's just start there. Twenty two grand maybe, okay, but.
Speaker 2: That you made money on a weddowers.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but you will be shunned if you don't. They'll all talk about you.
Speaker 3: Heather.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then you have really crappy friends and family. Now, if they're going to be like he didn't spend thirty grand on his flowers.
Speaker 3: Oh what are you going to give Lydia? When Lydia gets married?
Speaker 4: You're not going to give her that I love like I will give Lydia. I work with Lydia. I feel like Lydia's part of my family. That's different.
Speaker 3: I'm giving it like if it's.
Speaker 4: Somebody said earlier in a somebody that you're an acquaintance of, and you could invite it into the wedding. I'm not writing them a check for five hundred, for even four hundred dollars. No, no way, then don't invite me because I'm telling you right now, you're gonna open the card and be and it's.
Speaker 5: Gonna be a cute card.
Speaker 3: They're gonna be.
Speaker 5: Probably you're gonna be very disappointed.
Speaker 1: Wait, the file and the chicken and all that hummus probably did my options.
Speaker 3: All right, It's Mojo in the Morning Show.