Speaker 1: It is so good to have you guys here with us today.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday, Happy National Quitters Day. Today is National Quittersday. Anybody want to admit to us that today, or maybe prior to today, you've already quit your New Year's resolution. They say that today is the day that most people, matter of fact majority, like they say more than sixty five percent of people will quit and not do their resolution.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I would be surprised if you made it this long, like I feel like usually by the third or the fourth you kind of like, yeah, right, or maybe you haven't.
Speaker 3: You've made a resolution, you haven't even started it yet, so technically you quit.
Speaker 1: Today's your day. I told you mine. Mine's not quitting. There's no quitting for me. I forgot yours.
Speaker 2: Nope, Oh not that I watch a lot of it. I'm not going to tell you that I do, but I haven't for a long I'm like, you know what, why would I even consider it?
Speaker 1: Love that?
Speaker 2: So it's all in my mind right now. I feel, I feel, I feel healthy. Yes, I'm a I'm a born again virgin all over again. No, I feel honestly, can I tell you something? It makes sex not that important?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like, and when I say that to you, it's not that sex isn't important. Sex with my wife is wonderful, But it's the whole idea that you guys, you know, everybody's got weird thoughts on their mind. They look at people differently, you know what I mean? You get it out of your It's kind of It's kind of like when I cleansed my soul of Dorrito's. I haven't had. I haven't had Dorito's. I can't tell you how long I've had and not the regular one.
Speaker 1: I just get the regulars. Yeah, and usually is it? I haven't had it.
Speaker 2: I have not had a Dorrito And I cannot tell you how long I think the last time I had a Dorrito, I got sick when I when I went to Taco Bell and got the Yeah, is your favorite chip?
Speaker 1: Is that the best chip?
Speaker 2: You know? Honestly, my favorite chip? Is any chip? I actually love anything? Yeah, you find it. There's not a chip that I discriminate against. But I'd love to know from the listeners. Uh, you know, Quitter's day, What do you what was your resolution? Have you failed at it miserably? If you have? Uh, we'll try to encourage you to get back on and try it again. But did you guys do any kind of resolution? So you guys aren't resolution?
Speaker 3: Y I told you mine, I said mine was this is going to be my year of reconnecting with Jesus with my faith.
Speaker 1: What have you done?
Speaker 3: So I'm doing a daily devotional and I'm actually just praying again, which I kind of like got away from.
Speaker 1: And I could feel it like bless you, Yeah, you blessed her, bless him by the way. I think that's wonderful for me.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you something if you've never done a daily devotional and easily.
Speaker 1: If you want to get one if you want, or there's app books on tape or whatever you have apps. I did.
Speaker 2: Actually, what's the guy that's the TV preacher guy I'm not lying to yet. I actually enjoyed his like he had he had one that you'd read and it was really simple. It was like a Bible verse and then it was a quick story of him talking about that Bible verse, and then it was you know, how to go about your day. And it was weird because I would wake up in the morning and I would do it first thing in the morning.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, oh my gosh, like that's how I'm feeling right now.
Speaker 2: It felt like, you know sometimes people will say you must be psychic. It was like almost kind of like and I know it's weird. Yeah, it was like your horoscope. It was honestly, it really was. It was like your religious hortoscope. So what about textures?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 2: Nine five five zero zero a couple of textures texted in right now. My resolution has been to listen to your show live this year instead of on the podcast. I've gotten all five days.
Speaker 1: Of the show. Okay, Like it was, you know what, listening to.
Speaker 2: The show live gets you prizes, because we got a ton of prizes that we give away. So another text here here six one six says have have you killed it?
Speaker 1: I love that? Let's see that.
Speaker 2: Two four eight says I quit my resolution of trying to lose weight about fifteen minutes into the new year.
Speaker 1: That you can't. By the way, you can't give it that not even a resolution.
Speaker 5: Yeah you can start next Monday. That's what I'm doing. I didn't do good this week. I was trying to be on my resolution, didn't hit any of my goals. So I'm gonna try next Monday, twenty years again, I'm in a whole list. That's my log screen, so I can stick to my goals.
Speaker 4: He's like drinking more water.
Speaker 5: Yeah, drinking two liters of water a day, jen three to four times a week, getting seven hours of sleep because I get like four, and being more conscious of my spending because I have spent way too much. But I didn't do any of that this week.
Speaker 3: So next Monday, sales were good this week?
Speaker 2: Which one did you abuse the most out of all of those? Which one did you not do at all?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: I did not eat healthier Like I got coffee every single day this week.
Speaker 1: I told myself I was not gonna know.
Speaker 2: I was like, wait a second, you're not saving money when you go to Whole Foods. Right after the show.
Speaker 5: Whole food Starbucks, Kiki Cafe at coffee shops every day.
Speaker 1: I hurt that place.
Speaker 2: By the way, she brought me a coffee from Whole Foods that should be illegal. She was like a narcotic. I drank like five zips of the thing. I felt like my heart monitor thing was going crazy. It was like motor oil. But I liked that it's your lock screen. That's kind of cool.
Speaker 5: Like a blown up portion of this on my wall. So every night when I go to bed, I look at it.
Speaker 3: Look at you.
Speaker 1: That's important.
Speaker 4: I was also trying to get in the gym more and I was doing a great job too. Yes, it was my trainer that stopped it for me. So I was there Monday Tuesday, and then he's like, I have a terrible rest of the week, like we're going to have to pick back up next Monday. I'm like, what the heck, I'm trying to be.
Speaker 2: Here technically, not you quitting? He quit on you. What's up, Latasha? Hi?
Speaker 3: Hey, how y'all doing.
Speaker 2: Latasha, I'm doing fantastic. I am feeling a good Friday is about to come.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's my first time.
Speaker 1: What got you to call her?
Speaker 4: She's been on her spool journey.
Speaker 6: I will too good.
Speaker 1: That's Shannon. By the way, say hi to Shannon.
Speaker 6: Good morning.
Speaker 2: You guys keep yourself. You guys can keep each other accountable. Latasha, you call in from time to time and say, Shannon if you're ever struggling, and she'll build you up and vice versa. She'll need your help from time to time. Yes, my husband, Oh that you're on the radio.
Speaker 1: With us right now? What's your husband's na.
Speaker 6: See?
Speaker 2: Hey, what's up buddy? You got a beautiful lady hair? Is he doing anything to help you with this? Or is he got a resolution? Isn't it interesting that he hasn't pissed you off? What do they always say when whenever you're mad at somebody says you're you're I'm gonna the Lord? I forget, I forget what the saying is.
Speaker 1: It's like I'm still.
Speaker 3: New to it, so I don't want to quote anything wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, there, you be good? Okay, don't kill your husband this year? That's it. Maybe funny you're on a spiritual journey, but you just killed your husband, Stephanie, what's going on?
Speaker 5: By there?
Speaker 6: I My resolution is to save two thousand dollars. Well, keep two thousand dollars in my bank account at all times, and save one hundred dollars per week.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, how are you doing that?
Speaker 1: What do you? What'd you give up? Because you aren't you know, and you're not spending on Just to.
Speaker 6: Be conscious of my spending and to not splurge so much and keep my Amazon purchases to a minimum.
Speaker 1: Nah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the way, your Amazon delivery drivers are missing you right now, Stephanie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I get a couple of them per day, so this will be a big change.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: We'll be on that same journey and then call us in a week and I want to see where that account goes. We'll do like an account countdown with you, okay or count up?
Speaker 6: It sounds good.
Speaker 1: Thank you, have a great one. Take care of yourself.
Speaker 6: You