Speaker 1: And it all begins tonight, a big Game five watch party, and it's all and it's you should definitely feel it with Carbonispizza dot com playoff time calls.
Speaker 2: For Carboni's pizza Game Day Fuel since nineteen fifty four.
Speaker 3: It all starts tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll be at Grand Bew tonight, Game six for the Wild at six thirty, Games six for.
Speaker 5: The Wolves at eight thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man Ish can watch with us and hang out, play initials.
Speaker 4: Maybe yeah, win that golf bag, maybe win other prizes. Maybe we got a bunch of stuff going on. It'll be fun tonight Grand View seven and nine.
Speaker 3: By the way, Corey, in regards to that discussion, we're just having out the air.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, that guy who plays Homelander Anthony Starr.
Speaker 3: There's no chance he'll ever be able to be anybody.
Speaker 4: Else to me, which is he's Yeah, so max O when he didn't have his mouth wired shut Max. A couple of weeks ago, Max and I were talking about this as ridiculous of a show as The Boys is, although it's awesome and it's super fun, and it's a show that I should hate on paper, but it's just so much fun because they're self aware that dude deserves, as the kids say, all of his flowers because what a ridiculous character. But he has played it so freaking perfectly that it's one of the great villains in the history of like superheroes, right, superhero shows, superhero movies.
Speaker 5: Ben, you're not in your head. The dude's awesome.
Speaker 4: Homelander is such a prick, and that guy does such a good job of being this whiny braddy baby that just has immortal godlike features.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's awesome. That's great, Anthony Starr.
Speaker 6: Every time you bring up this show, it's always a reminder that I need to go back and watch the show. But again, it's a show that you have to watch alone. You cannot have kids.
Speaker 5: It's the most inappropriate show of all time.
Speaker 3: The very first scene of the very first episode, the very first season, yep, if it was just the.
Speaker 5: Violence, no, it's everything else, everything else.
Speaker 4: Last night there were cameos by and there's a non spoiler. They played themselves, Will Forte, Seth Rogen, Kamail Nanjianny, Christopher mince plots how do you say the kid that played mcleovin, how do you say his name? And then did I say, Craig Robinson seth Rogen. They played themselves and it was freaking hilarious. It's what, are we down to? Two or three episodes to go in the entire series? So homelanders in trouble because everybody on the planet's trying to kill him, but he's Homeland. Good luck with that, so I think they have to kill Yeah, jeez, I know, well that's been a heavy theme this season. Well just.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this sounds like something you'd love.
Speaker 4: He bathed in a bathtub filled with breast milk.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, how do you get that done?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Asking for a friend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's asking for someone else that isn't him. And then his.
Speaker 4: Dad walks in on him and walks in on him in the bathroom, like, what are you doing?
Speaker 5: Your show? It's the craziest show of all time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've only seen like three episodes of it. I ever went back.
Speaker 6: You have the craziest but kind of the most fun show that you'll ever have and never watch.
Speaker 5: Is as Maxo said before his mouth was wired shut.
Speaker 4: It truly is the rule of cool where you again, I know, I'm a nitpicker when it comes to good movies and TV shows and you're like, why would they ever do that? This show, though, is so freaking cool and self aware. They know they lean right into it and they're just like, we know.
Speaker 5: This is preposterous. Just stay with us that it's.
Speaker 4: So cool, it doesn't matter, Like, Wow, I don't want to watch a guy bathe in breast milk?
Speaker 5: Yeah, who cares? It's hilarious. Let's go.
Speaker 3: I do like that one he's in there. I forget about how many episodes or how many seasons ago. It was where the lady's talking to him and she's being kind of rude and then she throws it in his face and the look on his face is like, so I, oh way.
Speaker 5: I saw somebody on Twitter.
Speaker 4: I wish I could give somebody credit because this is not my idea, but somebody on Twitter said, has anybody given the internet more memes than Anthony Starr and Homelander?
Speaker 5: There's a ton of them. There are so many that are used constantly.
Speaker 4: Even if you're not a fan of the show or watch the show, you've definitely seen Homelander memes if you spend time on social media, Wow, he's everywhere.
Speaker 3: Did you mention that Craig Robinson was one of the guys. Yeah, did you know he's playing ACTME this month?
Speaker 5: Is he really?
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 5: We should get him out. He's so funny. I love that guy. Yeah, he's great.
Speaker 3: There's a I got a I got the list.
Speaker 5: Yesterday, Darryl from the album.
Speaker 3: May and it's incredible.
Speaker 5: How many big names are at Actme. Isn't bobka at acting?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, coming up this month? That's all happening this month. Sweet, come on, you got to get him on.
Speaker 4: If anybody from act ME is listening, if Bob Katt wants to come in, book it, if Craig Robinson wants to come.
Speaker 3: In, Mike Kaplan's great, Bobcat's very funny. At least Cole is great. She's there May twentieth, and then Craig Robinson made twenty first through twenty third.
Speaker 5: Had a good market Acne.
Speaker 3: I know, Doug Stanhope June second through third.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, yeah, I know. It's like yeah, David oh dude, David Cross, Oh hell yeah.
Speaker 3: Is there June nineteenth through twentieth. I mean, they always have big names, but doesn't this seem like an abundance of really big names?
Speaker 5: Bias fume from the rest of.
Speaker 3: Exactly, Eric And if you don't know who that is, she's great.
Speaker 5: Man, that is a good list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know. Yeah, Mark Norman's great. I like him. I like Kelsey Mark. All these people are coming to at me this year, all these people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we want we want Mark on. If acmee' is listening, please bring him in for initials.
Speaker 9: Yes, great, all right, realax, yeah great great.
Speaker 5: He's basically a Norm descendant and oh.
Speaker 3: Is he really?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I didn't know that. I did.
Speaker 2: One of his better jokes in his LA last special was talking about how his Instagram is all just uh, hot chicks and Norm clips.
Speaker 5: I saw, I saw again.
Speaker 4: I don't know why this pops up on my lgorithm on Instagram, but it did.
Speaker 5: Mark Norman was on a podcast.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it was two days ago or three months ago, you never know how recent it is, but he the clip was him on a podcast getting interviewed and he was talking about when he was starting I think in New York and bombing like it just was not working. And he said he didn't even realize it, but he was just doing like Seinfeld, like do.
Speaker 5: You guys ever notice it like that?
Speaker 4: He said, He said the moment he realized why he sucked. He said he was so much like Jerry without knowing it. That he was walking on stage and somebody from the crowd was going, I started doing this Seinfeld brilliant, and he said it hurt his feelings so badly.
Speaker 5: But he's like, God, dang it. That guy's right. I'm just doing Seinfeld stuff. God dang it. And then that was his turning point. By the way, I stopped doing Jerry.
Speaker 3: November twelve through fourteenth at ACME. Our friend Kelsey Cook.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh hell, she's crushing it. Yeah, because she's a ten out of ten. She's fantastic. Every show Mark has is sold out.
Speaker 3: Due check this out this week. Julie Kim's there from Crazy Rich Agents The Daily Show. Yeah, yeah, she's there right now this week. Holy crap, I didn't get over there.
Speaker 10: I'm telling you, man, I know who's the booking agent at act ME right now.
Speaker 5: They're killing it.
Speaker 4: Steve Steve Lombard, Steve Homelander would not want anybody else to have the spotlight.
Speaker 5: No Homelander who came up with a name for the boys. I just freaking love it.
Speaker 11: Soldier boy Homelander, Captain America for him, you know, yeah, perfect well, that sounds like a wrestler, you know, speaking of that, man, you guys got to watch that whole Cogan documentary and let me tell you, does it take a turn for the sad?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 5: How many episodes is it?
Speaker 3: Four?
Speaker 5: Damn?
Speaker 3: It's real good though, man, it's real good. And it's sad too because you see, like, what was the guy's uh heck uh he.
Speaker 5: Saw Jim Duggy, I think taxaw yeah.
Speaker 3: And he looks like he's just barely holding onto.
Speaker 5: This motor got has on? Yeah, hexaw Yeah.
Speaker 4: He broke so many two by fours over faces and backs, you.
Speaker 3: Guys, did you guys? And I missed this because it happened like in the late nineties and I was busy doing other things. Did you guys know how Cogan went bad for a while? Hollywood? He turned Yeah, I did, like colored beer almost completely.
Speaker 5: That was a huge moment in wrestling.
Speaker 4: I remember that just because wrestling fans were like, they thought that was the one guy that you just could not allow to turn heel, that that was just an unwritten.
Speaker 10: Rule that Hogan can never turn heel, and he did well. They insinuate that he did it without telling anybody. Interesting, Yeah, you have.
Speaker 7: To run that by Griggs. Wasn't that when he joined the nWo? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah got nWo. That video game was so sweet.
Speaker 4: They had really there was that that bit where the entire NWOO walks out. It's like Razor ramone. Yeah, and uh there was.
Speaker 5: Like ten of them. But then like the last one.
Speaker 4: That walked out was Hogan wearing all black and he had the new kind of like dyed Yeah, Dan bar Hollywood Yeah, And it was just like, what what is happening?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's not supposed to wear black and white, He's supposed to wear red and yellow.
Speaker 3: Well that's the thing here. When he debuted it, the nWo guys were like doing a takeover, a hostile takeover in the ring, and suddenly Hulkogan comes walking down the thing and they're like, oh no, here he comes. And people were kind of sick of his act at that point because he was the good guy and people were sick of it. And he got in the ring and started beating on the guy they were beating on with him, and at that moment he turned into Hollywood Hogan and the guys and again it's a documentary. I don't know why they wouldn't tell the truth about everything if they're telling the truth about most things. The two guys from W said, we didn't know he was going to do it till that moment. We had no idea.
Speaker 5: Classic, Yeah, Hogan, how cool is that?
Speaker 3: Though documentary?
Speaker 5: It was a simple genius move though, Yeah it was.
Speaker 6: If it's marketing and Longevy and story arc and all that stuff, if you're thinking out ahead, you automatically buy yourself another ten years completely.
Speaker 3: And that's exactly what he did. Yeah, that's exactly.
Speaker 6: Right, because people are people kind of understand like, oh my gosh, is this crazy. Then you have that phase where you're the bad guy, and then you're like, well, let's just hope that he turns back good because it's hull Cogan, right, And then he does, and then he's got Then all of a sudden, he's the savior again and everybody's happy.
Speaker 5: It's brilliant, like Homelander, Yeah, just like home yeah, full circle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it is brilliant because you know, the whole thing that kind of sullied his name was that he actually admitted taking steroids, and of course the bad guy takes steroids, you know what I mean, So when he becomes the bad guy, he can say YEA, damn right, it took steroids. So what I love it? So what can I give you one news story here?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Of course, yeah, because this matters.
Speaker 2: This is News with Chris Hockey, presented by the Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 3: Well you got that right, we got that right. We love our Saint Paul Saints. I go to Saints Baseball dot com. That would be Saints Baseball dot com. They are playing down at Chs Fields some baseball tonight. So get on by and see you're Saint Paul Saint Saints Baseball dot com.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would like you to look at this gentleman's face, the sweet old gentleman by here, faball a nice guy, three old man, five.
Speaker 5: Year old dude.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he probably ate somebody, didn't he.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I mean so to say, oh no, mm hmm, gentleman by the name of Paul Anderson out of Hudson, Minnesota, Hudson, Wisconsin, I should say he's accused of trading sex for rent.
Speaker 5: Hang on, Paul being so judgy, hear them out.
Speaker 3: Now, here's the weird thing. Here's the weird thing. Uh, he wasn't the one giving sex. He was receiving it.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: When I showed you the picture, we think, oh that's uh, that guy's got an armadillo in his pants. He's been charged with seven felon accounts, including prostitution.
Speaker 5: Of receiving it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean, Like he was buying it.
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 3: He let ladies stay with him in return for sexy sexy favorite ran right.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, mister Anders my god. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The problem is, of course there's some human trafficking involved as well. Oh well, but I don't know if that's like I think that's like the charge. They're throwing every charge they possibly can at this gentleman, if you know what I mean. But he just he is so happy in his mugshot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he is. He's very happy.
Speaker 3: He's like maybe five.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he has uh sex hair, Yeah, and he's wearing I'm sure that the company whose T shirt he's wearing in his mugshot is not happy that their logo is on his chest in this spugshot.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine if he's rocking like an unreal hood sweater just a spit take.
Speaker 3: I'm glad it's not a fabulous armadillo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well played.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't we be shocked at all of it? Said mor Of course, he's.
Speaker 4: Just rocking a Seventh Avenue Pizza T shirt and Matt's like.
Speaker 9: Son of a Bitch wood Hog shirts shirt.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the fraud father shirt.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh boys. All right, so mister Anderson, yeah he did some bad things. I got some of my breaking news. I think this just came out. At least New York Times has uh said this minutes ago. Can I please have you This is more.
Speaker 4: For your generation, Chris, but this is big. Are you familiar with David allen Coe?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I played with them and Sturgis. Remember the year we played with them in Sturgis?
Speaker 5: Is that what you're with us?
Speaker 4: But yeah, so think about this right. This is I don't know that name. He's eighty six. Just died apparently yesterday at the eighty six.
Speaker 5: Uh. For those of you that don't know that name, Paul, No, yeah, I know you Ben, you're shaking down. Oh you do? You guys don't know. I didn't know. I didn't know the name.
Speaker 4: He's the guy who's saying take this job and shove it like this, Joel Ben shove it like Yeah.
Speaker 5: That was his big claim to fame. Dead at the age of eighty six. Oh man, Yeah, that.
Speaker 4: Was quote, according to The New York Times, the anthem of the Outlaw Country movement.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think he wrote it. I don't know wh he sang it.
Speaker 5: Oh really yeah he wrote it? Yeah, Oh he wrote it. Yeah. Yeah, this is Joelmans show. Who's saying it?
Speaker 4: Um Johnny No, Paul Anderson from Hudson, Wisconsin. It could have been Johnny Paycheck. They take this, take something else and shove it.
Speaker 3: Might be Johnny paycheck. Might have been Yeah, it might have been Johnny Paycheck.
Speaker 4: That sang it makes sense if he's talking about jobs to have a guy named Johnny Paycheck.
Speaker 5: You could probably look this up on the old interwebs if there was only a website. Just find this out. Yeah, yeah it was Johnny Paycheck.
Speaker 4: There is Joe Show not yeah sung by Tanya Tucker and Johnny Paycheck.
Speaker 7: Isn't there a uh? That's the tour bus bit with Johnny Paycheck. He was a disaster.
Speaker 3: Paycheck was about he was a little a little shorter than me, which is hard to be.
Speaker 4: That's so so hand. So Tanya Tucker saying would you lay with me? That was apparently David allen Coe as well, that sounds right, And then Johnny Paycheck saying take this job and shove it in nineteen seventy seven.
Speaker 5: Does that sound right?
Speaker 3: That's that's exactly right.
Speaker 5: That's the hit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they made a movie out and everything. Yeah, there were some problematic things about David allen Coe, is that right? Yeah? He also wrote that there's a song get off the stage, darned nighty and get off, pee me off, like in get on My Nerves. Oh yeah that song, Yeah, that's him.
Speaker 2: He never even called me by my name is one of my favorite.
Speaker 3: Even called me by my name? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Got ran over by yeah? Yeah, oh yeah, I got run over by a reindeer? Is that what they no?
Speaker 3: It's you'd know if you heard of bet. I bet you heard it in the kitchen when.
Speaker 5: You were growing up. Man.
Speaker 3: Maybe, yeah, I heard my grandpa's truck driving on the road a lot, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, your grandpa loved Johnny Paycheck.
Speaker 3: Well, my grandpa loved getting paychecks. Yeah, and he also would have definitely traded sex for rent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, your grandfather had an apartment building and Hudson.
Speaker 3: What is it about good sex always makes me have to take crap?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, so good man.
Speaker 5: They don't make movies at King Pinn What a home run? That movie so good?
Speaker 3: That was the news?
Speaker 4: All right on sports in a second, Hey, Ben, can you stick around till eight forty?
Speaker 5: The full eight forty or what? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got team codes again and we haven't played.
Speaker 5: With Ben played with Martina with bonus. Have you heard this game yet? Non codes? Yeah, I'll explain it later. Yeah, I think I heard the I just didn't know the title. It will play with you all right like a twenty. This is the Power Tim wanting you on the fan.
Speaker 8: Fan.
Speaker 5: It all starts tonight.
Speaker 2: Join the guys tonight for after fun and games and great prizes, and stick around tomorrow for a live broadcast putting the initials game and your shot at a two night grandview. Stay with food, golf and a massage at their spot at all the Details today KFE dot com slash grand View.
Speaker 3: You got that right, tonight' tonight, come on down and come on down Meetzauce Paul time for.
Speaker 5: Fan five on the Power Trip.
Speaker 12: Tonight's Tonight the Wild can close out their series with the Stars at six thirty right here on the fan. I would guess there is a six o'clock pregame sacho. Uh No, Okay, Cory, I guess Corey provis knows your Wild lead the series three to two when they are a slight favorite at minus one two on the money line.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's all right.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, the Wild definitely slight favorites, but you can really never be a heavy favorite in in this series we've seen, it's basically the Wild five on five squad versus the Dallas power play, and thankfully for the Wild it's been working out pretty well for them with that seriously now and an opportunity to close it out. I think they could still win in Game seven if they do fall tonight, but I think the bigger consequences if they do go back to Dallas. That's less rest for the Wild and more rest for the Colorado Avalanche, who are not so eagerly awaiting whoever wins, because whoever does win is going to be at least what five, six, seven, eight days less rest than them. So there, we got to get this series done as fast as possible, get to Denver and.
Speaker 5: Here on your own after that.
Speaker 4: Well, again, this is going to be an interesting games because Jamie Ben obviously has to be hurting from that hefty, hefty, hefty fine six hundred and four dollars and seventeen cents, which is the maximum allowable under the CBA, and that money goes to the players emergency assistant's fun. So he cross checks Ryan Harmon in the back of the head. Very dangerous.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's gonna help with an emergency that a player is going to experience, perhaps like a hangnail.
Speaker 4: Or yes, or so he was fined Yeah, two thousand, six hundred Yeah, four dollars and seventeen cents.
Speaker 7: As a female star in Florida would say, put me down for two right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he got got his money's worth on that. So that's too bad.
Speaker 3: Refstone blank us tonight. Yeah we're the better team. Yeah, man, don't give them seventy five thousand different power plays.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they kill us something yep, and they'll fall for the Jamie Ben Bates Yeah, right, that's on the wild Don't fall for the bait.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's gonna bait.
Speaker 3: You don't fall in love with the dreamer either, So.
Speaker 5: Stupid question, I'm sure you guys talked about this before.
Speaker 6: What has that been a very like intentional strategy by Dallas to do that to us? Yeah, I mean, especially with that's not the way they played during the season, or it is maybe a little bit as well, but they're I mean, their power play is just a is one of the best, and especially the series has been literally the only thing that's that's been working for them. I think they've had like three five five goals or something crazy like that and then the series. So it's it's all about power plays for them. So they have to they have to do whatever they can.
Speaker 2: Honestly to go to us into that and they've they've they did a good job or for a couple of games, but one of the reasons why we won the other night was we didn't take de bait and the Wild played very very well and didn't get emotional like Dallas wanted him to.
Speaker 3: I was reading Ben to your point that jess Meyer's article on Pineer Place.
Speaker 5: Piner Press Press, thank.
Speaker 3: You piner Place where I play in Saint Cloud. Sorry, Anyway, he saw that exact thing with Hartman, like they specific go after him to get him to retaliate because he does that all the time, but he's been super cool and not been acting like that, right, is that rightcho?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And you know Russo has talked about this too with you know, if Hartman is the one delivering that cross check to the head on Ben, he probably gets, you know, suspended, where for some reason Ben gets i mean not even a slap on the wrist, like a little like touch, little couple of little butterfly kisses. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Actually the butterfly kiss is a perfect examtly, that's what two thousand dollars. But whatever he's making is to him. So yeah, Hartman's been been very very good, you know, and especially I mean that was a problem, that's been a problem up until I think the last couple of years really where he has been emotional, he has you know retaliated, but recently he is he has he has turned that around. He has becoming a much better player both skill wise emotional, and he is a major reason why we are in the position that the Wild.
Speaker 5: Are in right now.
Speaker 4: I feel like tonight and this is this is zero expertise and this is just you know, wishful thinking.
Speaker 5: I'm the king of wishful.
Speaker 4: Doesn't it feel like this should be a Quinn Hughes masterpiece because we've had a couple of like boldy domination games. You know, Carill has been a little under the radar but consistently productive, but just like not stealing the headlines.
Speaker 5: I feel like this is a Quinn Hughes headlines.
Speaker 4: Like if we're doing the Power Trip Fan five tomorrow, it's going to be Quinn Hughes has like three assists and just put on a click.
Speaker 6: I hope, I hope you're right. Yes, I hope you're right too. If we win the series. I think now that I'm kind of hearing you talk about the Zacho, I think the the emotional maturity and discipline it takes to play a team like that should be probably the thing that supersedes anything else more than a defensive play or passing or the pressure and the offensive zone, any of that stuff, any of that like technical hockey stuff, because can you imagine I can't imagine. Let's just go all the way back to two thousand and nine. I mean, just that just got brought up a little bit ago. What was that day in history and pack in two thousand and nine, if you had a seven game series with the New Orleans Saints in two thousand and nine, and their whole thing was to basically hit Brett Farv as much as they could legally, illegally to the point where you're purposely trying to get under his skin and literally injure him to knock him out of the game. We dealt with that for one game, and if we had like been clued in after that one game, like, oh, that's their actual strategy is to take cheap shots at us. That's the only way they feel like they can win this game is to try to take us out. Well, game on NIM. For game two, We're we're going to retaliate and we're going to go back to him. We're fighting, We're fighting. This is going to be a fist fight, and then there might be some football mixed in.
Speaker 3: You know what else I have would help for two? And I know that it's I would never want to be a referee. I'd never want to do radio sales and I'd never want to be a referee, Okay, because I couldn't do either one of those things. But I would hope that the referees would come back after game one because I think I would guess just being human. You get caught up in the action and you don't notice that this is happening, you know. But if you have a game and you watch it back and you see the criticism and you go, Okay, I can't let New Orleans do that to Brett farveigin so in game two you officiate a little differently.
Speaker 5: Right, right, That's what I would hope. Yeah, it doesn't seem to be happening, though in this it.
Speaker 3: Doesn't seem to be happening.
Speaker 2: I'd say that the difference is well, a couple of things. One, you know, when it came to farv like they were were pummeling him, but I guess this is really in a way similar, they're pumbling him, but they're pumbling him in kind of a you know, using the fact that it was the playoffs, so there is a a wider threshold in terms of when they will actually call a penalty. So they're you they're they're doing a good job kind of even though I think in the regular season and they almost certainly get more penalties, they are they're keeping it within you know, some reason, and and more doing just kind of these these you know, annoying stuff. After the whistles, but it's it's death of a thousand cuts. And every time there's any sort I mean, you know it with hockey in general, there's always a little skirmish after a uh you know, the goalie covers up the park and then the guys get together whatever, but they're doing it's the stuff that like in Jamie Ben. This is why he has been such a His name just keeps coming up. He is so good at making sure the officials don't see the bad stuff he's doing. You know, he is the one who you know, slew footed Boldie and and and try to hurt him, you know, I mean, he's he's really good at doing it away from the play where the officials aren't seeing it. But you know, there has been some stuff and some very you know, as you mentioned, it's a tough job, especially in any sport, but especially with hockey where you got so many things going on at the same time. And I know that the officials do, like in the intermissions they have iPads that have highlights from the period and they will notice that. And we did see that as they the series has gone on where Ben did get that call that penalty late in the third wo Game two.
Speaker 5: Or whatever where there was there. They have been noticing it more.
Speaker 2: But the problem is they have to notice it to call it, and the Stars have been pretty good at doing it behind their backs.
Speaker 6: But does the NHL not have the same fine system that the NFL has where you can find people post game by way they review the film and I know that there's not as much time in between a series game, but they will get FedEx fines on a Wednesday because they just went and watched the tape on Monday and Tuesday and they're like, oh, yeah, that that play away from the that that foul away from the play that wasn't caught by the officials. That's actually a finable offense. They don't do that on the NHL. Well, I mean they did it with with Ben here twenty four. But that's the problem the CBA.
Speaker 2: The players just I mean really have handcuffed the NHL when it comes to that stuff. So would you say core the maximum?
Speaker 5: Yeah's the maximum?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that's really more in the players the NHL. I think I'd like to think that they would be more I guess strict on that stuff and would hand out more fines, but their hands are tied. I will say though there's been two three other opportunities for them to find Ben this series, and they it's it's nice to finally see them do it. But to your credit or to your point, I should say, Ben, this is this is I mean, this is something that needs to happen more. And maybe with a new CBA at some point they can do that real.
Speaker 3: Quick because we've got to go break some Forty two is when you say somebody's slew footed? Is he basically going hey, ref look it's Hong Kong fui and then tripping the guy or something somebody?
Speaker 5: I mean?
Speaker 2: Is it's it's basically taking your like your skate behind somebody like to their left and to the right, and then you stick your leg out and you slip it under there behind their like ankle or whatever, and then they fall back.
Speaker 5: It's okay, so you put you put your right foot in, you take it out, and then what do you do?
Speaker 2: Put it back in and then you shall about that's what.
Speaker 5: It has. A horrible sloop foot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, but they what they say, you shake it more than once. You're playing with yourself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what they tell you every time you go into the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Oh, Viking's news is next Powers your morning show on the Fan.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, Little guitar for you. Jamming going on. Corey Cove meets us, Paul Ambert, Zach Calverson, and the great Ben Leeberg.
Speaker 5: Hey Chris, Hi, I tell people about something.
Speaker 3: He said, Tonight's the big night.
Speaker 2: Well, tonight's a big night too, but Saturday is the big morning. I agree. Is on Saturday, May second. You shouldn't miss it. It's kfans Chris Hockey at Aquarius Home Service in Little Canada. Stop by their customer appreciation open house, enjoy great food and check out the incredible savings from ten thirty to twelve thirty.
Speaker 5: I can't wait KFA dot com quer account.
Speaker 3: I love the people down at the Charus. I'm looking forward to come on down and say Hi. They're getting great deals and there's food and there's fun for the whole family. Ten thirty till twelve thirty, and then I jump in my car and drive as fast as can because I had to get to Detroit Lakes to play gig that night. It's gonna be a super fun day. I'm excited.
Speaker 5: Wow. Mel sounds pumped.
Speaker 3: He loves Aquarious Home Services in this Connecticot water treatment system.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well okay, mel And he'd also like to see a play a concert in the Detroit Lake sometimes.
Speaker 3: Betty would. I bet he would, bet he would. I'm a traveling man. I make a lot of stops.
Speaker 5: You're always on the go.
Speaker 3: I am. I gotta keep it because if I don't, I hear voices.
Speaker 5: That says, get off your Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not what they say. No, they say that sometimes, most of them.
Speaker 5: They say keep your hands to yourself.
Speaker 3: They don't tell me that. They should tell me that they don't.
Speaker 5: Vikings News. It's time for Vikings News on the Power Trip, presented by store Ben.
Speaker 4: If you can get this, CBS Sports did the best value pick for every team.
Speaker 5: So it's just somebody's opinion, right, it's just one guy's opinion. Yeah, it's like draft grad Yeah, exact exactly. It's it's a wasted time. But I just wanted to see if you nailed it.
Speaker 4: CBA Sports said the Minnesota Vikings the best pick for the value was.
Speaker 8: Who probably the linebacker of Cincinnati. I bet it was the oh no, no running back out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Georgia as a wake forest.
Speaker 6: Yeah no, no, Austin son of a Northwestern exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they say Caleb Tiernan in round three.
Speaker 4: Tiernan was at the top of that second tier of offensive tackles in the personal or personnel rankings person personal rankings, not personnel personal rankings.
Speaker 5: Maybe his personal ranking, yeah, maybe his personal rankings.
Speaker 4: He is smart, technically refined lineman who should bring value as a swing tackle early in his career.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I heard the same thing. Right after we drafted them. A lot of people were saying, like he's he was a second round graded guy that we got for tremendous value. Whatever that means'll take it. I mean, I mean they're saying Caleb Banks was the second round guy and we reached and got him in the first.
Speaker 5: So whatever. I mean.
Speaker 6: You use it to your advantage when it makes sense, and you know, you scoff that at when it doesn't.
Speaker 10: Hmmm.
Speaker 4: Stoff is like they just said in this article, you know, swing tackle is his projected spot because you have Brian O'Neil and Christian Darasaw. But is this is this a eventual replacement? Maybe financially if one of the two go.
Speaker 3: South or decides they don't want to play, yeah.
Speaker 4: Right or that do we know which side of the line he specifically excels at, because I don't know, you guys know, well, I know, I know it.
Speaker 7: Northwestern he played all over, right, he played this off the top of my head. But he played eleven games in twenty twenty two with five starts at right tackle, and then last season he started all thirteen games at left tackle, and I'm pretty sure he was a team captain.
Speaker 5: Interesting. Yeah, interesting that he knew that all off the top of your ead. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So that being said, you guys, is that he could play on both the right or the left, is what?
Speaker 5: Yeah? So your answer is he.
Speaker 6: Could be a swing tackle for either side, and he could be it replacement if we deem him to be better and cheaper than somebody else. Right, funny how that works. Cheaper short arms though, Well that's what they say.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it means like a tyron source rex.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, like a t rex havebviously had short arms compared to its body. But I wonder if a t rex had like eight foot arms, but that was just small, you know what I'm saying, Like, I'm gonna look that up right now.
Speaker 5: If only there was a website. You know what I'm saying? How long you get?
Speaker 4: How long are a t rex's arm? Jesus, yeah, arms.
Speaker 5: Weren't they?
Speaker 3: Were?
Speaker 5: They not interesting? Take a shot?
Speaker 4: Best guess a t rex had arms that were approximately how long?
Speaker 3: Does this.
Speaker 5: Eight? Six feet? Eight feet six feet?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm must say price stood three stories tall.
Speaker 5: I don't think they're as big as you think they were.
Speaker 3: In my mind they're three stories tall, which would mean that as arms are a sweet sweet.
Speaker 11: Eleven feet, a t rex could be up to forty feet tall.
Speaker 5: Jeez, wow, all right, you're right.
Speaker 4: They're arms, though roughly the same length as a human arm around three feet.
Speaker 5: Three feet, so somebody double checked the math.
Speaker 4: But AI says that would be a six foot human having around five inch arms.
Speaker 5: But it's the character on SNL. But there she comes out, singing, Kristen Wegg, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh with the messed up hands, those sisters from the fingerrecks.
Speaker 5: I'm Janet, Yeah exactly that bit. Yeah, so three feet approximate? Judy, Oh sure, maybe there's a t rex man? Hey, tough luck, what's up, Tyron?
Speaker 3: If you did me your favorite shake that thing for me? I went to pee and I couldn't shake it because I can't read.
Speaker 7: You can't read, good luck, This is Chris, why they're so angry?
Speaker 4: So check this out. Though it says according to AI, though they were just three feet long, they were not useless. Theories on the t rex's arms suggested they were used for close quarters slashing right holding prey, or helping the animals.
Speaker 5: Stand up, not slashing slapping. So you had to get pretty close.
Speaker 4: But if you got really close, that t rex would just slash the hell out of you, Like Jamie Ben.
Speaker 6: Based on where it was on their body. They couldn't even pick things up and feed themselves.
Speaker 5: Now you just lean over and eat it with your face.
Speaker 2: Paul to take notes, Why did you just take a picture of his I didn't.
Speaker 5: He was pretending to master his arms. Screwed back though, three silly animal.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just wouldn't believe it if we didn't have fossils. If you, if you exactly if they theorized that we had one of these things back millions of years ago, be like, you're just making it up, Like what how would evolution create this super predator that had baby arms like like they were.
Speaker 3: Almost like like like a common tail like they shouldn't.
Speaker 5: Have it, right.
Speaker 12: But imagine though, if they had massive arms, they would be freaks because they could grab anything.
Speaker 5: They could. Yeah, maybe they wouldn't be so mad if they had longer arms. Yeah, what else were you going to? Says? They could grab things?
Speaker 4: Because it's because they could like grab things, but they could like and just yes.
Speaker 5: And what else they could?
Speaker 3: They could make place?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they can scratch it?
Speaker 4: Second, pottery, can you go on Twitter like a like a Sam Wheat and the movie Ghost?
Speaker 5: Bend your hands up?
Speaker 6: I have I feel like this is a sauce question.
Speaker 5: I can't wait. I can't wait either, So sorry, pay attention. No, he it's a dumb question. No it's not. I think it makes sense. Is it for something he would ask? Something that he would ask? Okay, go ahead. Are kangaroo's descendants of t rexes man? That's not a dumb question. I don't think so. Yeah, but they're built the same.
Speaker 10: They just I don't think that's in the scale.
Speaker 6: I would be very But they have little arms. I mean, they have probably the same size arms as a t rex. Does they stand on their hind legs?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Sure, but they have.
Speaker 6: Little basically ridiculous like little sissy arms.
Speaker 5: You gotta lay off the weird different lineage.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they are more souper or excuse me, there are animals that evolve from tweet tweet tree dwelling possum, like I can't.
Speaker 5: Wait for you to evolve.
Speaker 7: Well, the t rex is a dinosaur, although they are both bipedal with powerful tails. Similar for examples of convergent evolution.
Speaker 5: Bipedal is when Tommy does the peloton.
Speaker 6: Told you a dumb question, but you know they are built the same. Yeah, is there another animal out there that's built like a t rex?
Speaker 5: A chicken?
Speaker 6: What point to the chicken's arms?
Speaker 5: Don't they have little arms? Isn't that that they evolved into wings? Well?
Speaker 7: Non, relax here, please sauces right, Yeah, well yeah, birds are yes, I get that, but I'm saying I'm seeing as far as like the actual pendages, like the way that they look.
Speaker 6: If you put a kangaroo next to a tyroneous rex, because I want to hear how Tyrona's rex sounds. They sort of look, I mean, take away the fur and all. That's if it's a skeleton. If it's a skeleton, you'd be like, oh, it kind of looks similar.
Speaker 4: If we go all the way back full circle though, think about it now. Caleb Tiernan, who is pegged as having small arms, has shorter arms, not seeing the arm, has longer arms than a t Rex.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's fine, he's fine.
Speaker 4: If a t Rex was an offensive lineman from for the Minnesota Icons, we would crap our pants and.
Speaker 5: Go, how are you going to get past that? You can'taking t rex? Hang it go. This guy's got longer exactly.
Speaker 4: This guy's got longer arms for fine, longer arms and a t Rex and more versatile because t rexes can just pick up things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this guy, this guy pick up things. This guy can do a lot of things.
Speaker 4: He could probably do yard work, he could probably do a sudoku.
Speaker 3: Listen, tom Rex, you're playing great, but stop eating people?
Speaker 5: Yeah, please stop? Please?
Speaker 3: Do you in fact have a pouch? Ben Lieber wants to.
Speaker 5: Know, Yeah, pouch. Be cool to have a pouch it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just put your phone in there and stuff and like your spare change and your credit cards and whatnot.
Speaker 5: They're called fanny packs. You can wear it. I'm not doing that. I want to.
Speaker 4: I want to pouch, you know, for like a It's like a baby be range.
Speaker 3: Got a permanent pouch.
Speaker 5: What a weird What a weird animal? Man? All marsupials are weird. They're like little aliens and they kick ass. They literally will punch you in the face. Kangaroos are ill tempered. They had it coming. They really are well. They live in Australia. I mean, yes, everything on Australia is you.
Speaker 3: Gotta be right, especially tiny arms, especially drunk ones. Yeah, because there's a snake ready to eat you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, sauce, you have longer arms in a t rex. I don't know, pretty short arms, but it's close.
Speaker 4: The King of all reptiles or whatever, right, like he was the original og.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he'd kick your ass, but maybe not in an arm wrestling contest. Probably not.
Speaker 7: Maybe don't have any strength. Hey, can we show Ben the picture from the lady in Florida and see his reaction?
Speaker 5: Oh, the one that looks like Morris.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna text you right now.
Speaker 5: I'm text you that reaction. All right.
Speaker 3: It's coming at you, Ben all time. I can't wait to see if you agree with us, because I know you're gonna because it's undeniable. The music off. Okay, waiting it's it's on its way right now.
Speaker 5: Waiting wait here we go.
Speaker 3: Tell me it does it?
Speaker 5: You see?
Speaker 3: Tell me it doesn't.
Speaker 4: It's Morris with a wig. Morris is better looking at this guy gal or guy.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it doesn't look like a sister.
Speaker 3: Tell me it doesn't.
Speaker 5: It's not a blood related I have the nuts. That's crazy. That's crazy. Is starting a wish? I know, put long hair on him?
Speaker 3: Why are you putting in beside bed? That ain't fair her? I mean, why do you twitter beside beds?
Speaker 5: Michelle Morris brilliant And she did what again? She was defecated everywhere.
Speaker 3: Oh, she won't stop. She w't get a problem, loves rubbing it all over and she's out of a car. And by the way, she didn't do it inside and then bring it outside. She did it in her front yard and then started rubbing it on things.
Speaker 5: What a Jolla multi? I was saying, My stars definitely hit the weights. I got about it. Oh yeah like stars. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Fan five in a second will play the Team Code game in about twenty minutes with Ben.
Speaker 5: We'll see. I think Ben's gonna be good at this game. It seems like a game Ben would be good at more of the power Trip. Morning to you after this on the fan