Speaker 1: Well, well, well, how you doing.
Speaker 2: It's Sterling and Donnade back together again a Saturday afternoon in the tri State, the whiplash weather in full effect.
Speaker 1: It was like.
Speaker 2: Fifties yesterday, forties today, tomorrow's sixties. Bengals and cards at pay corps and here on the big One and everybody is on the road, Donna.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of people returning gifts. I guess, I don't know. Are getting back home from a holiday.
Speaker 2: Over the hills far away to Grima's house. We go right or back home after that?
Speaker 1: How are you? You were sick?
Speaker 3: I had a Christmas cold and it lasted for like four or five days. I kept it at Bay, and some of it I think was allergies. Believe it or not.
Speaker 1: Really weird.
Speaker 3: You know how I know when I have allergies is that like when my eyes start itching. That's when I know that some of it is allergies. So I took like a zertech and it made me feel better and got me through the holidays. But man, I've never been sick for Christmas or anything.
Speaker 1: Had a good time. I still at a great Christmas spreading the sickness. It's a beautifulness. Should I be doing this. Thankfully, nobody is sick because of me. Yeah, yeah, that I know of right.
Speaker 2: I mean that's the thing I always go, I think it's just allergies, and I've had people go no, no, You've definitely got the sickness, and then I think in my answer goes that you have the group, which I oh, my god, it just sounds bad. Yeah, but I think I had bronchitis. I don't think it's a real legitimate medical term. I could be wrong. I didn't go to medical school, so I don't know for sure. Wait, have doctor Adonna Schley had coming on after four o'clock to talk about these US strikes and these ISIS sites as they are described in Nigeria and what that may need for us as we continue to I guess expand maybe some of our efforts to quash our enemies there rather than here.
Speaker 1: So that's coming up in about an hour. That'll be interesting. Yeah, talk with.
Speaker 2: Her absolutely, is Have you done the returns or anything else like that at this point.
Speaker 4: I have.
Speaker 3: I have been focused on healing my entire life, and you're just yes, I mean mentally physically, I've been.
Speaker 1: Because you're sick or because of the year end and new beginning.
Speaker 3: There's all kinds of stuff that is happening coming into twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: What should I know?
Speaker 3: Well, the first thing is that in twenty twenty five it was the year the Snake.
Speaker 1: We mentioned this. Oh wait a minute, I think I saw that on a menu or a play sheet that jo well it could be, yes, yes, the year of the Snake, which is shedding all kinds of relationships that were based out of fear and not something that's going to be supportive. Right, So then you know it was supposed to be a really hard year for everybody, for all of us, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: I know I broke up with somebody in twenty twenty five, but it's not just romantic relationships or partnerships and things like that. It was friendships, it was jobs. I mean, it was a year to shed all that is not working well for you.
Speaker 2: Is that something that you do annually? Because I know we talk about resolutions and people sort of joke about that I'm gonna and I've been really hammered by people because I'm just trying to be a better person.
Speaker 1: I love that resolution. You make it every year and.
Speaker 2: It covers all the edges, but people are like, be more specific. But I kind of look at it the same way. I never thought of it as like a shedding snake or something like that, but I mean, why not.
Speaker 1: It is a new skin, new year in the beginning well, and it's in particular.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty five was very hard for all of us in terms of that. I mean, like, you know, relationships were basically like, this isn't working.
Speaker 1: You need to go. I need to go.
Speaker 3: We need to go our own separate ways. It's not working for whatever reason. I don't know, but that's what was happening with jobs and things like that.
Speaker 1: Now twenty twenty six you're the horse, yes, the equine, and.
Speaker 3: It starts because you're supposed to jump on the horse and find all the things. Now, whether you believe it or not, I certainly do. I've done a lot of research on this, and I really do feel like twenty twenty six, it's going to be loved base relationships. It's going to be the jobs that you wanted and you feel good in. It's gonna be maybe starting your own business and making new friends. Things that things that are going to serve you in a in not a fear based, but a loved base.
Speaker 1: People are tired of fighting. They're tired of fighting, and relationships are tired of fighting. Yes, aren't you. I don't. I try not to fight. I don't know. I don't know who's fighting. I mean politically speaking, I mean people are religiously So we're all gonna hold hands and sing kom by. Everything's gonna be great. When twenty six is going to be that? You mark that down. I wrote it down right here. I wrote it down. It's right there. It's a black and one best year ever for all of us, all right now. So this leads me to something else.
Speaker 2: And usually it's like a New Year's Eve thing or a New Year's Week thing, and this kind of counts. I mean, here we are, it's the twenty seventh of December. So what I'm wondering is this. This can be a very private thing, but do you have resolutions that you're wanting to kick to the curb? Lifestyle stuff? Maybe it's people, Maybe you want to ditch me. I don't know. You showed up here. You didn't have to, so I don't know if that's accurate. But I mean, what do you have a plan?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 2: Do you have something more. I will try not to be so vague when I say to be a better person. But I'm thinking about that right now.
Speaker 3: Well, right now, for me, I would love to shed a few of the holiday pounds. So I am on a forty eight hour fast, which is it's even more. It's like cleansing, sterling. It's like your bad cells, you know, they eat your good cells, eat up your bad cells because they're hungry.
Speaker 1: It's a cleansing of you get the demons out. Yes, on all levels. Now it's not easy. I am very nervous. Demons The demons are who do we call?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, bad cells that sit there when you just keep putting food in your mouth like normally I do. But when I go on a fast, it is it is taking time. Now, I'm gonna go in forty eight hours, maybe longer.
Speaker 1: Longer do you drink though you have fluids? This is so.
Speaker 3: I've had tea and coffee all day, and I've done a lot. I've done yoga, taught yoga, I've walked my dog. I mean, I've gone almost ten thousand steps in and I'm hungry.
Speaker 1: Right now. I am gonna get hangry. So you're gonna be No, it'll be great.
Speaker 2: We can navigate this together because it's been a couple of months ago and you were traveling at the time, and a friend of mine she's like, you got to do a clean you got to do a cleanse. I'm like, I hear this at the show doing the show with Donna, and I hear it. Now, Yeah, do the cleans. Do the cleans. So I did not eat for like two days other than water and like coffee, which and all I know is I didn't feel any better at all whatsoever after it. I saw no benefit at all. She was like, oh, no, I can tell you're doing much better. I'm like, whatever you say, so maybe there is something to it.
Speaker 1: I have not eaten to day.
Speaker 2: I got up early, I did eat late last night after the show. So I will ride this out with you, and then we can get hungary together and you can see how it goes. I will not go two days though. There will be pizza later. I guarantee you there will be said you were hungry area. Yeah, this is a tough spot. So I want to give people a chance. We can have a little fun on the road doing returns whatever, going home, or maybe just trying to get a break five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred, the big one. You pick up the phone, you give it the finger, like my good buddy mister K used to say. The talkback feature on the iHeartRadio app click on the microphone or on one of the socials Instagram is Sterling dot donad dot twenty twenty three. That's how long we've been doing the show, right, yeah, yeah, because the people I get this occasionally, was it twenty three twenty five, because it's when it started? When it started, and I don't know if they'll let you change it or not. And I'm at Sterling Radio on X and we can do it there as well. So do you have a resolution? What are you looking to get rid of, excess baggage, emotions, changing in your life to be better or do you think it's a bunch of hooey? I mean, because sometimes people get so much stress about trying to get fit, for instance, the gym for the first I wouldn't even go so far as to say the first quarter of the year, but my experience has been the first month. Maybe you'll see people really hitting it. And I'm not the most religious about going and doing it, but when I pop in there and I'm like, oh, it's way too busy, and there are people that look like they're more of an amateur than I am.
Speaker 1: In there. I'm like, I have other things I can be doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I mean is that one of the things too, because I know you do the stretching and all the yoga stuff and all the other things.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I want to.
Speaker 3: It's the number one resolution always for people is to get in shape or lose weight. That's usually the number one and I'm no different. I want to always get a restart. I want to feel good in my clothes and in my body and stuff. And after the holidays it's a good time to say, hey, you know what, but my New Year's resolution is to drop these five pounds I picked up at Christmas time. And I mean because it's parties, it's everybody's house, it's it's stuff you don't normally eat, like pie and cake. I mean, you know you don't normally eat.
Speaker 1: All that stuff, stings and all kinds. Yeah, I mean, biscuits, ingrapy, yeah, you name it.
Speaker 3: I'm getting hungry, but shouldn't be doing this now. But it's one of the reasons why we all go into a new year. But this year, I really do think people are going to prioritize their health over even you know, exercising, getting way. I mean, I really feel like, yeah, health insurance is going up in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: You want to take care of yourself a big deal.
Speaker 2: So another way to look at it, it certainly is I know mine's going up, and so you're saying even the idea is you lose weight, you get fitter, you save some money on insurance. But it's already too late. You've got your annual deal. You got to just hope that you don't get sick during the year.
Speaker 3: Mabe right, save at least on the minimum balance you have to use for you know what I mean, Sure, try and take care of yourself. That's my goal is taking care of myself and putting myself one.
Speaker 2: First, I promised that I would not do this again this year. We have four days in of the year left in the month of December to twenty twenty five turning to twenty six, and this will be the I have five days then four days to get my glasses because my insurance deal you get up to a certain amount for glasses and by the way their limit whatever it is, a couple hundred bucks. I could get two pair, wow, right, but they won't let you. They want you give you one pair up to that limit. So I need to find a dirty glasses person. I'm just I'm just kidding. It's just joking. I don't need anything.
Speaker 3: That's your sun glass. Get the shaded ones. Those are more expensive.
Speaker 2: So I got to get that taken care of and a few other things because I go to the eye doctor at the beginning of the year. But then I'm like, well, I'm going to get that prescription later. Well it's been a year and I've been swinting, so I got to get that taken care of.
Speaker 3: It's always nice to have an extra pair of glasses at our age.
Speaker 1: I mean you put in on your car. I have some of my purse. I leave them everywhere office. Yeah you need an extra pair of glasses. I have three pairs at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could use another pair in the car, one of the bag for work, whatever that goes with it. And the thing is, and this is what I don't understand. And I know we've been all over in this, but we'll get the resolutions and your chance to get interactive in just a minute. But I I regularly, if I have a good quality pair, like real glasses, I will lose those before I will the cheap pair of sunglasses. It's always the cheap stuff that I can hold on to that I do not lose the stuff.
Speaker 1: How much is that gone lost?
Speaker 2: Dropped out in the yard and hit by the mower, whatever it is, it's just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: We're all understanding of that. That always happens. Weird.
Speaker 3: It is weird, or at least those are the ones you notice because you don't care about the five dollars ones you get at the gas station.
Speaker 1: That might be. Yeah, I kind of sit crooked. You're like, you don't even care. I just bend them back and make it work. No, look out, cool, my dog likes with these glasses. That's exactly right.
Speaker 2: And by the way, you said something earlier, and I wanted to just call you out on it, okay, because you still have Gus, the rescue dog. Yes, and what you said in the mid well, you you didn't earlier say foster.
Speaker 3: You said my dog. Oh, well, he's still considered a foster. And I have not crossed that bridge yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just wanted to find. It was just one of these I know that that I'm going to have to make a decision here coming up soon.
Speaker 2: Gotcha resolutions? What are your plans the end of the year to the first of the year to shed your skin for the year of the horse and to make it better or otherwise. It's Sterling and Donna on a Saturday Afternoon five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred the Big One. Let's get Cincinnati. Mike on seven hundred WLW with Sterling and Donna. D Mike, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Hey, I just I had a couple of comments. First on the fasting. It's it's incredible to do a forty eight hour fast. I've only done twenty four hours, and I actually have low blood sugar, so it's very difficult. So I just wanted to commend you on that.
Speaker 1: Thank you. And twenty four hours is good, Mike.
Speaker 3: The longest I've done is seventy four hours delivered. Yes, I want to get you a second day. I want to get to a seven day fast. You start hallucinating and stuff I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've never gotten. But maybe.
Speaker 5: I don't know what you think about this, Donna, but strowing I want to suggest if you try it again, I actually drink juices. I allow myself to have juices in addition to cough coffee and water, and it does make a big difference. I actually feel a lot better. I don't know if you.
Speaker 1: Do that, Donna, but I haven't. But I think that that's okay.
Speaker 3: I think you can build your fast in the way that you are able to maintain it when you're diabetic.
Speaker 1: So the juices are you all know, the idea is to not eat food.
Speaker 3: The liquid fast is very very good for you to do as well.
Speaker 5: Part of the reason I think is that it just helps with electrolytes. I feel this, I would feel dehydrated, you know what I mean if I didn't have like orange juice and you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could do the liquid IV too. That's helpful. Yeah, that's true. That's true.
Speaker 5: I never heard that.
Speaker 4: Wow. Okay.
Speaker 5: Well, the other thing is I just want to mention I h you know, I tend to have continuously reset goals throughout the year, so I don't for me, it's and it's when they emerge.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So I don't really have this feeling of renewal of goals myself at the beginning of the new year.
Speaker 2: You know that is that's like pressure that way, that's probably healthier in some way maybe, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just something I'm continuously refined goals and I just you know, trying to.
Speaker 1: Get better every day. I love that, Mike. Yeah, the call and I'll let you know how the I'm not doing through two three days of fasting. Now that's a good time. I mean maybe if there's some good hallucinations or something. I mean, I don't know they're strong. I'll let you know if I get past seventy four.
Speaker 2: Send me pictures. Do you see what I see? Five point three seven nine, eight hundred The Big One? Do you have resolutions? What are you looking to kick to the curb and do new for twenty six to make your life better those around you? So many questions, a lot to do. It's a Saturday afternoon. Wherever you are, We appreciate you listening, being part of the show. It's Sterling and Donnade on seven hundred WLW nine First Warning forecast on the Big One. It's sure it's great now, but it's relatively warm. Not as warm as yesterday, not as warm as tomorrow. Will be fifty five today, near seventy tomorrow with scattered storms, and now they're saying that rain may hold off until after. Bengals Cardinals are here here on the big one tailgating good times tomorrow down by the river at a Corps one o'clock kickoff. Bengals trying to obviously win out and show that the rest of the year and all the aberration of Joe's toe and Flacco coming in and Jake Browning not being as strong as he was before all, you know, to put the ugly behind us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there's everything right about doing that. By the way, go out.
Speaker 2: And strong, yeah, right to do it and maybe earn a job next year. And then, by the way, it's close to seventy tomorrow, and then Monday whiplashes back to like thirty thirty five at most Monday, and.
Speaker 3: Pold right, everybody is sick. This is what I'm talking about. The fluctuation of the weather is crazy.
Speaker 1: I can hear my Grandma Betty right now. It's pneumonia.
Speaker 2: Where to put hap ye, that's right, yeah, And the hat is where it's at, is all I'm trying to say.
Speaker 1: It's fifty right now.
Speaker 2: Your severe weather station seven hundred wl W was Sterling and Donna d another Donna, but doctor Schleheg Cincinnati Kid, former head of political science at Right State. It's going to join us after the four o'clock report, so basically about forty minutes from now, give or take, and talk about the US attacks in Nigeria and what that means for the war on terror. They say it was isis and some people are saying it's really disturbing. It brought up the term holy war, which does not have any real good connotations to me, but there are people sort of cheering that on for one reason or another. So we'll see what she has to say about it and the politics of that and so much more. Ways off five won three seven four nine, seven eight hundred, the big one. We were also talking a little bit about on the road and traveling, getting where you have to go or back home, perhaps resolutions and all the other stuff, which I know is sort of tough and almost that's the same way on the other side of it, maybe getting ready for the holidays, where there's so much pressure and so much stress. But if you don't put that, even if it's private, because for the longest time I wouldn't tell anybody. I just wanted it for myself in that idea, and I think maybe there are other people like that. But some people have told me that it's not real unless you put it out there for others to be able to be aware of what you're working on. But I have had a lot of private things that.
Speaker 1: Are very real that don't have to make nobody and they don't want to know about it. But it's kind of an odd thing. But I've heard that over and over from people. If you don't say it out loud, tell people it's not real, it's not right.
Speaker 3: That is that you put it out into the universe and don't be afraid to say it.
Speaker 1: You can say it loud and proud.
Speaker 3: And I mean, like, for one thing is I was happy that the holidays were coming, and I am very happy to see them going. I am always enjoying Christmas and that kind of stuff. But like, I am so ready to start a new year always by this time, So I am saying that loud and proud. I'm ready for twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: I got a lot of people that are friends that are on like vacation right now. They've timed it out with their kids vacation with the New Year, where it's warm. I keep getting pictures of like iguanas climbing trees and all this other stuff. How's it going on? Like it'll be almost seventy tomorrow and they're like, ha, we're at the beach.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm like, great, I have some of those two by the way.
Speaker 2: And that's an odd thing too, because another friend of mine was saying that it didn't seem real because they had gone to Hawaii Christmas time, right, and I think they're coming back next week, And he said that it didn't even feel right because he's from here in Cincinnati and saying that the whole idea of Christmas and New Year's at a beach situation with palm trees and all the nice weather.
Speaker 1: Ever done that? I think, Yeah, I have, I have to, and there's everything right about it. Let me just tell you next Christmas. I was thinking on the way in the car on the way to the studio here that next year I'm going to be on a beach somewhere.
Speaker 3: I may even be doing a yoga retreat. I don't even know, but next year I'm going to change it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, it is a different kind of vibe.
Speaker 2: But I could sort of see. I mean, I only have one use for cold and snow and that's Christmas to yea years and we got it before, and I know there's more coming. I would have preferred it to just be this last week and you know, into next week, right, and then call it a day.
Speaker 1: Right, Bring spring, bring the reds, get it done. Everybody wants the same idea, by the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's just one of those things. But you know, we're in Ohio, We're in Kentucky, Indiana, the Tri State.
Speaker 1: It is. You know where we are. So you just got to embrace it.
Speaker 2: Your three thirty reports straight away and up they know what's going on around planet Earth and here in the Tri State and the update also you know a lot of weird stuff happening, like Walnut Hills and things. There's about three and a half four blocks from where I used to live. It's been a while ago when we were still in Mount Adams, and there have been three or four shootings in this apartment building that I used to ride my bike bike like all the time. There is a huge difference, by the way, from one side of McMillan to the other side of McMillan is what I was told by a whole bit. They're like, yeah, man, but you were on the other side. I'm like, it's still disturbing, Yes, it is. Just think about that type of thing. Imagine living in that building and knowing that there's been that type of violence in that little window of time. Just I mean, in general, that's stuff going on that's not good. The news straight away. I don't mean to be the profit of doom. We'll leave that to the news. More Sterling and Donade coming back here. Seven hundred WLW Sterling and Dona d Saturday afternoon, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Beautiful day.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a little gray, but it's I mean, it's not snowing, it's not freezing rain. Travel is easy than the minivans were out to get me earlier, Donna. I don't know the consortium. They were all distracted. They're weaving in and out of lanes and everything. I was starting to think they were after me, but I got here, okay. I just thought i'd share that because a lot.
Speaker 3: I love minivans and that's gonna be my next car. I have no kids, but I love mini vans like my Space. My nephew just got a cool new minivan I saw over Christmas.
Speaker 1: Well, but they've got he's got he getting a kid.
Speaker 5: Kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got three.
Speaker 2: I mean literally, it seems like the other day you're like, his first baby's coming in here, he's got three. Now, I'm like, wow, they're getting it done. So things are going well with them, and that's good. So much so they needed a minivan, right and hopefully keep it in their lane maintain your lane, which is a good adage in general for all aspects of life. But of course doing a talk show, we go anywhere we want to go. Uh so, and that leads me the healthy relationship to your nephew and the minivan brigade. Here here's the other side of that. I have come as in the news passively because I don't I'm not really one who's always like looking at people online or whatever and celebrity stuff. But people do, and apparently it's in the water divorce and breakups, and it seems to be a seasonal thing. So I'm just kind of I don't know if it's a year end thing because of taxes, or if it's like a new beginning thing.
Speaker 1: You mentioned the shedding of the skin in the Year the Snake.
Speaker 3: This was twenty twenty five, was the Year of the Snake, and we did see a lot of breakups. Now, I used to do a Hollywood Report Entertainment Report all the time, so I kind of for years and years and years, I just kind of follow this stuff. Not religiously, but I do follow it. But you know, Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban, they're the big ones that broke up this year, But there have been a lot of celebrity breakups. Katie Perry and Orlando Bloom and now she's dating do you know, No, it's the guy from Canada. Just intrudeaux, Yeah, how does that happen? By the way, no idea is she a Canadian?
Speaker 1: A Canuck think she is?
Speaker 2: So they just crossed I mean, because I mean I'm out and about. I don't cross paths with like people like that. Not that I would watch, but I'm just saying, well, it's very odd.
Speaker 3: Well, she's a celebrity, and I'm sure you know everybody I don't know one hundred percent get her music. But I'm not a twelve year old girl, so I mean, I'm not exactly her demo Jessica Alba and her husband Cash Warren. They they are getting a divorced Denise Richard and Denise Richards and Aaron Phifersers are, however.
Speaker 2: Not a Kai Fifer. No, and she is the same one who was married to Charlie Sheen correctly. Yeah, so she's really the problem. Well, I mean, I mean he's had his problems, right.
Speaker 3: It's been pretty public, and he's talking about how she's kind of a hoarder, and he did even a video of her their house and where she just just a mess. And if I could never, ever ever live with somebody like that, ever, that would be a deal breaker immediately you have stuff everywhere. No, that would drive me. I'm a minimalist. I don't even like a bunch of stuff around.
Speaker 2: Well, I've been shedding stuff for quite a while, trying to lighten my low.
Speaker 1: But it feels good to do it. Really does want me to finish this, Yeah, I wish you would, Okay. Amy Schumer and her husband Chris Fisher. And she shed a lot of pounds too, holy smokes. Well, Amy Schumer is now so skinny. If you've seen pictures on the skinny Madison, here's a good one for you.
Speaker 3: Sidney Sweeney getting broken up with her boyfriend Jonathan to.
Speaker 2: Just a temporary rebound, come visit, get out of town.
Speaker 3: Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson, her husband, they broke up this year, not the music player, a musician, Eric Johnson, no different, Eric Johnson, who knows they were Ri Laughlin and Massimo Gianewly. They broke up.
Speaker 1: And she's one of those that were trying to.
Speaker 3: K a lot of breakups this year. I told you I had one, my sister had one. A lot of people are just shedding those relationships that no longer work, and you know, when you're away from it, like now I'm a little bit more away from it, I can see, Wow, that really was not working at all. And it's so important to, yeah, take a moment, view what you just went through, or view the person that you're with, and at the very minimum, because it doesn't mean just because it's not working now doesn't mean it's not ever going to work. But at least say, hey, what's going on now is not working, so let's take some space for a minute and see if we can get back together and regroup.
Speaker 2: That's always really important to do well. I think it makes a lot of sense. And the other thing that goes along with that, which I hadn't thought much of. And I had a couple of people who messaged in friends that are lawyers. Apparently it's a good business the year.
Speaker 1: At this this big business.
Speaker 2: The people wait, big business wait till the end of the holiday. I guess too, right, that's kind of people will wait for their kids to get out of school sometimes so it's not traumatic, which I don't know how healthy that is, but I've seen that time and time again. But the year end, is it about hey, new beginnings, or they've had enough. They got through another stressful holiday season and they're like, I've had enough of this crap. I know, even if it cost me half, I'm done or how I mean, that's an odd thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Because luckily, because I was married for a while with my ex husband for almost twenty years together young.
Speaker 1: We were young. I was twenty four, he was twenty two.
Speaker 3: But we never had kids, so our divorce was not messy at all, and we're still friends. Even that's good because yeah, we just decided that, hey, you go your way, I'll go mine.
Speaker 2: So I want to ask him, this is a weird thing. So some people I know and they were married, separated, divorced, still in the same place in the house, and each of them now are with someone new and they're sharing the space.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's hard. That's weird right. Well, my ex.
Speaker 3: Husband and I started dating other people.
Speaker 1: In the same house. No, no, no, but we would all four go have dinner together. We were all friends, so that's kind of okay.
Speaker 3: But sharing the same house, no, that would be that would be too hard for me. Some people can do it, though, I mean, you know, however, however you can handle, I handle something.
Speaker 2: I wonder if it's how much of it is. I wasn't going to get into their business when I was hearing about it, but I was interested immediately.
Speaker 1: I'm like, really, how does that work?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I'm like, I can't imagine it if everybody it's amicable when you were like, hey, this isn't working and we're friends, better friends than maybe, But I mean, how much of that is? Hey, we we have a house we have to worry about, or release we have to worry about, and it's costly.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that's part of it. I mean, it would have to be part of it otherwise why.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's some weird sisters kind of strange scenario, right, I mean, I don't know that that's a whole other layer of weirdness that sort of goes with that, which I think is kind of odd. Five point three seven four nine seven eight hundred, the big one. And if you've been through a year end kind of divorced separation thing, I'm just kind of that is an it's a difficult thing, and I'm wading through the holidays. If you have kids, is it better, well, well, at least they had a nice Christmas. The new year they can start and be messed up in the head, or I mean, if the kids are out of the house. I've seen this, so they're out of like out of high school, so you figure they're going to college or something else. They're grown enough. But I mean I've been surprised on more than one occasion where something like that's come up, and I'm like, I had no idea. They seem like the perfect couple scenario. But I guess you can hide anything.
Speaker 3: Well, and you know, my advice would be to try everything that you possibly can do to fix the relationship all all the time. People always think not all the time I'm saying this, the grass is greener, and it's not always the case. So if you if it's just little tiny things that are bothering you, maybe you can figure it out.
Speaker 1: Go.
Speaker 3: The therapy really helps for couples. That's a doctor Wess and I. That's what we do our Saturday night show on when he comes on with me is we talk about things that can support you and how to help you, and how to work on your marriage and how to work on your partnership.
Speaker 1: But it's not always easy, and it takes two to fix things as well as it does break things. Oh absolutely, and good at breaking stuff.
Speaker 2: They say that the divorce rates around the fifth, fifth, and the fifteenth and twentieth years.
Speaker 1: That's when they peak.
Speaker 2: They say conflict, negative interaction patterns, irreconcilable differences. That's I guess that excuse for everything or whatever. And you get when you get to the point that.
Speaker 1: Again the fifth around the fifth, fifth year, fifteenth and the twentieth years. Okay, wow, And what was that they made a movie about it? I remember it's an old movie with a seven year itch or something. That's what I was going to say.
Speaker 3: It's the seven year Rich and I know several people that got divorced on the seven year rich that's interesting five point fifteen and twenty.
Speaker 2: Right, if you can believe the internet, financial stress, that's usually the number one thing, right, other than like infidelity or incompatibility when it comes.
Speaker 3: To No, I don't think it is at all. I don't think it's money, Nope, I do not. I think it is lack of communication and lack of care. Yeah, So if somebody is coming in, this is the four horsemen stone walling, which is you know, if someone is basically trying to talk, If I'm trying to talk to you and you're just looking at your phone, how who would want to be with somebody like that. You have to really show that you care and that love is in action, So you have to choose love over anything else all the time. And if you only have one person that's doing that. That's what I think is the number one reason for divorce. Critic is defensiveness. I mean eye rolling is is a.
Speaker 2: Really I'm just acting these things exactly. We're out on camera at the moment, but in the future you never know. It's one of those things. All those things you say makes sense. They say also lack of a family support and backing when it comes to that will lead to a divorce, you know, increased percentages of that because I guess that you know each side of the families, like you know, I don't like him anyway, or I don't like her.
Speaker 1: I never liked that person from to get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is kind of and people, it's weird. I've had friends, But why didn't you say anything? I was like, dude, it was fairly clear. I don't know what to do. I'm not going to interfere. When you're telling me that you're absolutely happy. I say, you're sure, this is what you want to do. Why you turn this on me? That's your marriage that we're just drinking beers.
Speaker 3: Now, I did say I did have somebody tell me that. If somebody, anybody would have said to him, don't do it, don't marry her, he would have walked on there on his wedding day.
Speaker 2: If you're so desperate, though, hoping that someone's going to tell you to validate your exactly you already know, but I've been guilty, not of that part. But you're kind of like, uh, you feel it in your gut and you kind of know, but you want to believe. You want to believe that it's going to get better, that you're wrong, that something's going to change, and it often doesn't.
Speaker 3: It's called outsourcing your safety. You're you're relying on this person. You'd rather feel safe with the wrong person than be alone and scared with you by yourself.
Speaker 1: That's what happens.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I am so good to be alone though, I mean there's an only child.
Speaker 1: I'm too good at it. I really am. That's your problem. Yeah, that's my issue. It really is. You get along with everybody. No, I can't even get along with me, but I can't get away from myself. It's terrible, and I have tried. Believe me. That's an odd one.
Speaker 3: It's not sharing is not your issue because you always give me your crackers and all kinds of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I share, I give a lot. I just.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: But this is something I'm learning on another level.
Speaker 3: And I'm going to talk about this in detail tonight from nine to midnight. The outsourcing of your safety. I mean there are people that I have done. You know, I have a twin sister who's real important to me, and she's like my best friend, and we're very, very close.
Speaker 1: But I have seen where I have. You know, she's been my security blank and my safety, my everything, and you know when when that changes, like for instance, she has a new boyfriend now that she absolutely loves. When that changes, I've had to change and look at and go inward and go deeper into figuring out that, hey, not every emotional need should come from one relationship. I really remely sister or not.
Speaker 3: Kids Kids are a big thing for parents, like I have my two kids and that's all I need. Well, No, you have to really give yourself. You have to be your own, your own father, your own sister, your own daughter.
Speaker 2: You have distress. You just made me nervous hearing that. Why my own sister, my own brother, my own you do?
Speaker 1: You have to have your own back.
Speaker 3: And that comes from digging deep, that's what that's where that comes from. And it doesn't mean that you should not have these relationships.
Speaker 1: You should. You can't do it alone. You just shouldn't rely on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And we find ourselves sometimes in that where you do become dependent in some fashion with any type of partnership or relationship kind of scenario, whether it's a familiar thing or it's a it's a relationship, intimate partner kind of scenario, husband, white boyfriend, girlfriend, whatever.
Speaker 3: And that's why people take things that they wouldn't normally take, or say the things that they want to say but don't because they don't want to, you know, have any dust up and have to figure that out because that's kind of a mess. But it's important to make sure that you do the work and you have your own back. That's when you can stand strong in a relationship.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to end on your own. We're digging deep and digging deep. I didn't even know we were going into this doctor's orders.
Speaker 2: It's a Saturday afternoon Stirling and Donna d seven hundred WLW. Sterling and Donna de hanging out, beautiful Saturday afternoon, seven hundred WLW. Mister Waddell keeping us online.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: I mean, it feels like we're hanging around in France, maybe drinking some wine and baguettes or something like that, you know, hanging out. I did kind of have that vine. I kind of was taken away someplace else. Speaking of taking away. Conversation with doctor Donna schlike coming up after four o'clock about the US strikes in Nigeria, some people are saying that this is maybe feeding into some of what others are, like the people that are attacking Christians and elsewhere call it like a holy worse scenario, and us doing it on Christmas could have maybe taken it to another level. We would hope that that's not the case, but we'll take some time and talk to doctor Schleck about that. And also the Epstein files, which just won't go away as is. It seems like another bit of information in an accusation of Tyler Perry and another sexual assault lawsuit scenario two another actor accusing Tyler Perry, which is weird. It's like the me too things come back around or whatever. And then the Epstein files won't go away either.
Speaker 1: So that's he keeps hearing stuff about Tyler Perry.
Speaker 3: It's like once every four months something somebody's coming up with Tyler Perry.
Speaker 2: It's the first I've heard about it. I mean, maybe it happened and I just overlooked it or something. I'm like, what a new movie means.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's the.
Speaker 3: Same guy I just saw that. There's accusations again, but would be a different person.
Speaker 1: I would think, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Would think multiple lawsuits would maybe be a bit of a stretch. It's kind of a kind of an odd thing, I think, just generally. But we'll see exactly what that means and what goes along with that. Bengals at home, two games left at pegor got Browns to close out the season. But tomorrow one o'clock kickoff the Arizona Cardinals in town. And it would be almost better if it were holder for the Bengals to take on the kids from And I say the kids hear me from like they're coming from Arizona. They don't understand the Ohio cold. But it's going to be near seventy, so yeah, it's not going to.
Speaker 3: Be It'll be nice to go to the game, though, when it's six inches of snow sitting in the seats.
Speaker 1: That's correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a whole big thing for a lot of people trying to dig out of that a couple of weeks ago. That was some ugliness or whatever. And I don't know how they pulled that off anyway, And there was some talk about it hadn't been handled or whatever. I was waiting for the call. I was ready with the shovel. I was here anyway.
Speaker 1: I was ready. We could have never gone down to pay corn. It was crazy eight inches and more. Snow very different right now.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's almost like spring or something. I don't know what this is. It's just whiplash and ugliness. It's it's kind of weird to go along with that. A lot of people heading home and you know, getting ready for I guess the New Year's celebration. Back from traveling and everything, So just be careful out there. Lot of traffic and apparently, which I find is somewhat surprising, but I guess you have to come home at some point. This is supposed to be the busiest flying day of the holiday season because I guess a lot of people come home today or tomorrow, and then of course you have a day to sort of get it together before you hit back to work for another short week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's only going to be like everyone's gonna be off Wednesday and Thursday, New Year's even New Year's Day, so yeah, short week.
Speaker 1: If you were smart, take that whole week off, right, learn that vacation. But I mean, you know, it's also nice to get back and do some things in your house and get caught up. Yeah, that's what everybody's doing.
Speaker 2: Clean it up, get rid of that dry tree. That's a fire hazard. That I still have a hard time believing that, back in the day before electricity was available to the masses, that they would take a live tree, cut it, bring it into the house and then put candles on. I mean, it's just right there in itself is a description of like bad outcomes. I'm like, did no one have an idea that this was a problem? So LED lights are much better? Yes, yeah, so do that. I saw a neighbor ed and they have like all kinds of trees. They have like a pseudo Christmas trees in the yard which they decorate. And I know they have multiple trees in the house, some fake and some real. They had one dead when they already had at the curb. But he said, no, no, we've watered the others. We're in good shape. He says, you can come in and take a look around. I'm like, it's all right. I don't need to go to the Christmas Museum right now. So a lot of people doing that, And I was like, so what about the lights. He goes, Oh, they'll they'll stay at least until the week after New Year's Yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: What most people in my neighborhood.
Speaker 5: Do.
Speaker 3: I mean you would think right after New Year's everybody takes everything down, But no, they'll keep those lights up in those inflatables and all that stuff. And I'm fine, I don't either. I don't mind it. Some of them have really pretty lights up in my neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, there are a couple of people. I mean, they do some really crazy light shows and everything else, and I'd rather them do the work and then I can just ride through and go look at and then I can go home and not have to worry about Are you going out New Year's Eve this year? I'm gonna be doing this, That's right, you are virtually.
Speaker 2: If not, yeah, we'll do a bigger a New Year's celebration.
Speaker 3: So I'll call in, But I'm having a New Year's Eve party at my house.
Speaker 2: We have to hydrate, got to hydrate, and we're gonna be late four o'clock. Report straight away, the latest on Nigeria attacks, and so much more. Sterling Donnade where the Bengals play, because it's the home of the best Bengals coverage seven hundred double l W Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 2: It's beautiful Saturday afternoon, Sterling and donnade hanging out. I know it's overcast, like beautiful really well, yeah, I mean it's not freezing cold. It's not the you know, precipitation piling up and drove, So yeah, I and tomorrow it's going to be in your seventy in the Bengals day, So I mean, enjoy it before Monday and then you get like a Necke thirty. Yeah, it's ridiculous. A lot of stuff in the news. Former head of political science at right State Cincinnati kid Now, Professor Meridith. She was the head of political science at right Now, doctor Donnas Schleck was Stirling and Donadee on the Big One.
Speaker 1: How are you? How's Christmas time? New Year's and all you're doing?
Speaker 7: Okay, the family food football fun fest continues.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed, we appreciate you taking a break from that. Yeah. I think that covers all the basis. I'm kind of excited. I wish I had a cocktail right about now. Is some odd stuff in the news, or maybe not odd, but some of the reports and comments people of Maine about it have taken it to another level where my mind started thinking a little bit differently. So we reached out to you in the news about US strikes in Nigeria against ISIS, as it's been reported, apparently going after Christians and other groups, not just really focusing on Christians. But the President said that he waited, he could have gone earlier, but decided to actually hit them on Christmas. I guess to make a point. What has been talked about, and what I've read is that people are saying that this is sort of feeding into that whole Zealot men and a holy war mindset of it being a god thing rather than just a violence thing. How legitimate is that concern? And what does that mean for us moving forward domestically?
Speaker 7: Wow's who thought we'd be talking about Africa and Venezuela and possible military strength around it IS And hello there, donnas. We're in the holiday spirit and and and of course you know, Americans have been hearing about these kidnappings going back probably ten years because of ISIS in Nigeria, Muslims are are kidnapped as well. A lot of it's for ransom, so a lot of it is just gangs. But there are a couple of things happening in Nigeria that you know, I'm interested in terrorism on a global basis, and in Nigeria we have cut our foreign aid and but now we've come to try to punish ISIS with the with the approval of the Nigerian head of state. So this was not over their objections. They do not have good control of the perimeter of their country. They're threatened by ISIS. You know, the gift that keeps on giving Maalia, Yemen and Boko Haram definitely homegrown, but very fundamentalists. Boko Haram means books are forbidden, so it tells you something about you know, just how violent they're going to be. And most of the abductions people have come home. The one a few years ago where they took two hundred girls took a long time to ransom them out. But we've cut our foreign aid to Nigeria and yet we've exerted ourselves in this way. We fired quite a few of ambassadors, foreign service officers who've been staffing up jobs in Africa and Asia. So from a foreign policy perspective, the signal seems to be terrorism will not go away, even if we're going to call it narco dotacantes. You know, in the Caribbean, ISIS continues and we've also been bombing a lot of sights in Syria to punish ISIS for the killing of the three Americans. We've taken our troops down to one thousand in Syria. So it's very complicated and extremely tricky for our military. These Tomahawk strikes have come, you know, if their standoff, they're from a great distance. We're not sending in you know, bombers from the air force. But terrorism simply will not go away. And I guess what worries me most about Nigeria, big country, great oil wealth, is the problem that they don't control a lot of their country. And ISIS has apparently been helping get people organized more effectively. Different gangs now working together, larger scale abductions, they find a way to insinuate themselves into, you know, the local conflicts, and it is both a Christian and a Muslim country, very complicated picture. We cannot take our eye off Africa. And perhaps it's the oil that has drawn President Trump's attention, and of course the attacks on the Christian community. But you were correct, it's not been an exclusively anti Christian campaign. I think it's important to point that out. And a lot of it is just gang related abductions for money. But that tells us something else where does isis do well in states that are failing, States that are weak, states that cannot police their territory and protect their people from violence. The more you know a state approaches failure, the less control and order you will find, which is what troubles me most about the path we're on with Venezuela right now. So that being said, I'm in the holiday spirit or analysis.
Speaker 3: So doctor Donna, there's a lot in there. What would you suggest we do in in terms of handling it instead of bombing? And you know, Sterling, I agree, it creates more zealots, It creates more people that might want to just harm anybody that has anything to do with the United States because we're bombing over there?
Speaker 1: What what? What? What should we be doing instead of creating this possible hold.
Speaker 7: Over Such a thoughtful way to appreciate it. I think it's important to remember we're dealing with an ideology here, and uh, you know, and real social and economic problems that these societies are facing. Under President John Kennedy, there was the idea of perhaps hearts and minds, perhaps Foreign aid and Peace Corps projects doing things like digging wells and you know, bringing vaccines for public health. So we've figured out what to do, but it's long, it's slow, and it takes sustained investments, and many Americans are increasingly hostile towards foreign aid, which they mistakenly think is some huge component of our national budget. Right it's about a quarter of one percent. That's how little it is, and yet how much good it can do. To speak to Donna, the conditions that people are experiencing and the way some political groups, religious groups can you recruit them into political violence. We designed alternatives. But the thing that happened, you know, six months ago, was we cut foreign aid, particularly in the public health, women's health, children's health categories, HIV meds, those sorts of things. Again, if it's hearts and minds that that that you know, you're you're concerned about. Food aid, of course, has been cut in terrible places like Sudan and dark For.
Speaker 2: Doctor donas Schlike, by the way, is with us. I'm sorry to I want to reintroduce her. She's the former head of political science at right stage, she's not Professor Meretith Cincinnati kid with Sterling and donnade on the big one. American soft power is sort of what you're alluding to in a different way to going about winning friends and influencing people and hopefully avoiding the desperation and those cracks in a society that can turn people more violent and aggressive, whether to us or their neighbors much closer. I don't have a problem with US bombing from a distance rather than boots on the ground, as long as we know that we're getting the right enemy, uh, and not creating people who are going to be against us because of collateral damage for one of a better way to describe it.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: By the way, doctor Donna Schlike published the first textbook on terrorism, so she knows a thing or two about this. I'm curious in relation to this and dealing with the footprint that Russia had been making inroads and certainly China in Africa as well. When there is chaos, when there is turmoil, when there is a vacuum, when we are not involved, does that not aside from the economic issue of this, is they have tried to expand their footprint there in other parts of the world. That makes us more vulnerable too. So there is a fine line to walk with budget as well as keeping us safe in our interest elsewhere.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely.
Speaker 7: The Russians, of course, sponsor a number of militias that are now reportedly committing the worst atrocities of atrocities in Sudan in the Darfur region. Chinese build, you know, their bridges and roads. It's a global project to build bridges and roads, get more trade coming to China, and build friends. So in very different ways, they are definitely playing to their strength and exerting their influence. But this part of the world, whether you're interested in energy, I know the White House policy on Syria hasn't mentioned that the strikes in Syria were done with the, if not informed, consent of the Syrian government. My guess is we're on better relations now with them in trying to combat ISIS. But as Americans, we know the lesson. When you have a deep political, social, economic grievance that's bubbling up, there's probably not a long term, good military solution to those problems. And that's the frustration. We have great military tools, but the tools we may need to speak to this ideological threat, whether it's Syria or Nigeria or even potentially in the Caribbean, it's long It takes time, it takes resources. It takes a lot of great people willing to volunteer two or three or five years. Uh, you know, after college to work in these developing countries and make a difference in their lives and what they think about the United States. We don't tell those stories often enough. You know, the Voice of America operated for so long and in our part of the country that outreach America first doesn't mean America alone. In fact, it can't. When you have, you know, a great economy and far flung interest you're going to have global interests and concerns national security, economic, public health.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 7: You know, the list goes on, and it really struck me then as well, and in particularly Nigeria. We cannot divert resources away from the concern of the threat of terrorism. We cannot h and many resources right now in national security apparatus are being diverted because of the asis on immigration. This is not good and these should be red flags to the public. You know, we cannot take our eyes off that threat.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 7: I was just gonna say. The Christian community in particular, though, that must have struck quite a painful cord in in the White House because they responded much faster to that than they even did taking retribution for the three American servicemen, the National Guardsmen from Iowa who were on duty in Syria who were killed assassinated by a sniper. So this problem will not go away. But knowledge is power and knowing how to choose the correct path of response. Terrorism terrorists always want to provoke an overreaction every time, if possible, with as much publicity as they can possibly acquire. What we're not hearing this Christmas is another mass attack in a Christmas fair because most of them have been closed to vehicle traffic, particularly across Europe. So they pick the vulnerable targets. What will people pay attention to, what will they care about? And in this case it was that small. It's a minority population, but it's a significant population in Nigeria and President Trump has clearly ordered retaliation. Did they hit the right villages? How much of the isis vocalha RAM infrastructure is gone. I doubt we're going to hear much of an after action report in that regard.
Speaker 2: Well, it tends to just sort of bubble up like fungus, you know, when the lights are out and the conditions are correct, it just pops up for a multitude of reasons, and then you know, it becomes that lone wol for someone who's been activated in some way because they, you know, feel that they have been drawn into this in some fashion too. And we've seen that lunatics of American persuasion here too over the years and in recent months for that matter as well. It's startling and Donna de with doctor Donashchleg former head of political science at Right State, if we can shift gears in a short amount of time here something else that has been in the news that has been drip drip, drip, drip drip, with tons of information that has been redacted in pictures and some videos that were posted then pulled back. And then the talk of targeting, say Democrats because it's embarrassing to them or maybe maybe eve embarrassing to President Trump in some fashion with this, What is going on with the Epstein files, and what really is the endgame with this that you think will come of it, if anything, because it really is less of a legal thing in some ways and more of a political thing that it is being dealt with by the White House, and for those victims at this point too, sadly.
Speaker 7: Sadly, and I'm grateful that you mentioned the victims because they are so deeply frustrated by this process, and many of them are still, you know, unable to speak specifically about their accusers, well their abusers. So again, who's been protected? You know why the slow walk this will not go away. It will probably be the one thing that the Trump second presidency, the administration will look at is they have not managed the messaging on Epstein. They are always behind the curve, and I we can call it a democratic hoax, which is what he's now calling it. But obviously this goes this has been going on for years. The reaction right now, I don't know if some of the victims, some of the survivors will be speaking out out of frustration.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: They might be given a protected venue in which to do that with Congress. But public interest is not going away. The FBI clearly has an all hands on deck situation to try to redact these documents. But I'm dumbfounded by the scale of a million more documents, And like you and Donna, I wonder and what else after that? I mean, how will we know? So the process has completely broken down? Congress put no penalty in the law that they passed requiring, you know, the distribution of the documents by the nineteenth. That deadline has already passed. Some of the representatives are talking about, you know, a motion of impeachment of the Attorney General. I'm not sure what that will accomplish. Frustration is not it's simply not going away. And I don't know what else the administration can do besides to publish. It's going to be a massive set of documents, and we're going to miss more names. You know, while people who've been ye survived and privacy has been perfected, a couple of those have already been revealed as well.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, that's that's what I was going to say, doctor donnad. The victims have really moved this along. The survivors is what I would call them, survivors, and they've literally said, we don't care. We don't care if our names are out, we don't care. We want this public. We want everyone to know who these people are. And so do you think the only thing that can happen is that they start naming names?
Speaker 1: And how would that play out?
Speaker 7: Then we have the overwhelming news story of the new year. I think there are an ample number of members in Congress once they come back into session, and of course calling them back into session will be another interesting exercise at the start of the year. Then we immediately go into another budget crisis too. So on top of the thing document.
Speaker 1: File, doctor Schleck, say six, Donna just said. Donna d said that it was everything was going to get better in twenty six and what you've laid out there is another year of just what the hell is going on? I mean, seriously, wow.
Speaker 7: Say exactly when in twenty six?
Speaker 1: Right, it could be the second.
Speaker 2: Well, I am feeling so much better about nothing now, So that's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Donna gives it to a straight That's why we here. We can respect it sometimes I don't mind being lied to.
Speaker 2: Actually, doctor Donna schleg former head of political science at right State, now Professor Meredith.
Speaker 1: She is a Cincinnati kid.
Speaker 2: Thank you for bringing your knowledge base and your insights and perspectives to the air.
Speaker 1: We appreciate it as always. Have a great new year.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Happy new year, view and Donna.
Speaker 1: Thank you, doctor Donna. You feel better?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: I mean she always you know, it's it's it's it's always lovely to talk to her, but it's tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, your four third reports coming up, fast and furious. It's a Saturday afternoon, Sterling Donna d together again here the Nation station seven hundred wulw man. The road's busy, airport's busy. Warm is here warmer still tomorrow and then the cold returns. Bengals, Cardinals, one o'clock pay Corps and here on seven hundred w welw on your Sunday. In the meantime at Sterling and Donna d hanging out, a lot of people returning home from over the hills and far away to grandma's house or the in laws thing. We talked about this too, and yeah, anybody who's been in a relationship situation or you know, you're tagging along as kids in the car with mom and dad, depending, how do you decide where you're going? Because usually somebody wants you to be there more than someone else. And I don't know who is it a dominant thing and who has hand in the relationship? Donna, how does one decide where you're going so you're not going to five places every you know holiday, Well.
Speaker 3: It's one of the most common and quietly stressful challenges that couples face during the holidays is you know, when are we going here?
Speaker 1: Do we have to stop there? How are we going to do this?
Speaker 3: I want to have Christmas at my house with the kids and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: But it it.
Speaker 3: Can be less stressful, but a lot of people. The number one thing that it's really hard on the kids that are doing this, Like, you know, the in laws are a priority, and then her parents are a priority. But the keeping score, you were there for four hours. You've only spent two hours here. You were there at their house Christmas Day, and we want to see christ It's tough. It is tough no matter how you slice it. But you really have to set boundaries.
Speaker 2: It's a nightmare when you're talking about, you know, doing it by the billable hour four.
Speaker 1: Eating loyalties.
Speaker 3: But people take that personally parents or laws and everything else. Usually you would say the wife really picks like in many of my nieces and things like that, that's true. The wife do decide that, hey, I'm going to go to my mom's house first, that's what we're doing, and then we'll go to your your parents' house.
Speaker 1: Is that okay?
Speaker 3: But I just watched this whole thing on. This guy basically said, I don't even like Christmas anymore. I absolutely hate it. My wife will only go to her place, and if she's at mine, she's on her phone. She's not she's not, you know, contributing to games, and it's just not fun. And when it gets like that, I don't know what couples should do or what works well.
Speaker 2: I would hope you don't end up in a situation where you're sitting there and being, you know, crap on a stump while everybody else is hopefully having a good time. And I have seen a little of that, but it is sort of a weird scenario. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred, the big one. If you're on the iHeartRadio app, streaming there or just checking us out, you can certainly click on the microphone and a message there. How do you decide though, And it is often the woman because they tend to because you guys have power in the relationship.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I don't mean that.
Speaker 2: In a derogatory way, but I mean that is sort of how it plays out. I've never been in a situation where I counted the time, but I mean, as the day goes on. You go to one place and then another place. I may be less active and engaged, but it's not personal. It's because I'm tired and I need a second wind, and I need a nap, and can I get some more food and and maybe some more loud obnoxious toys. Post holiday, there's maybe still a little of that in a lot of people's minds as we're heading home.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, you can hear them say, her parents get more time. We're always second. I mean even with my in laws, and they were great. We always invited them to come with us. So it was kind of a joint family thing where it was my sister and her son and cousins and his parents and everybody always got along.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a huge deal.
Speaker 3: But I know that my brother got married and we were all there were five sisters and two boys. My brother got married and he always went to his wife's house and we never got to see my brother and they would cancel last minute. Oh we're just they started this game and we stayed late, and we would be like, forget it. And so I we even as you know, young adults. When we were married, and my husband loved my brother and always wanted him around. He was always bombed that he My brother Derek never made it because his wife, you know, came first, and a lot of guys are like that.
Speaker 2: You know, you gotta live with that. You got to wake up with that. You don't want her hacked off of you or all of a sudden your life. Yes, it's miserable on a whole lot of other levels. I know, but really you have to you have read it out. Yes, it's you have to be fair about it.
Speaker 3: Everybody wants to see their family members on Christmas and Mists and Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: It's exhausting, yeah, I mean, and you want it to be fun. You shouldn't be in a situation where it's dread. But oftentimes it becomes more for the people you're visiting than even yourself after like the second or third place that you've gone to or whatever. And for the kids. Always it's always for the children. You know, my buddy Corby, you taught me that years ago. But I mean, it's one of those scenarios that I think we all struggle with. Here's the other side. You may not what about the in laws or other people who just don't want I'd rather go visit and then go back home and not have everything at your house. That was one of those things when I was a kid. It was nice when they came, but then when everybody would leave, I was then stuck. Moms putting me to work doing the cleanup.
Speaker 1: I hate that. I was like, I don't need to see these people. I'll go to their house and eat and come back home here and then play with my stuff.
Speaker 3: But it is, there should be plenty of different options unless you're you know, somebody's in Cincinnati and then somebody's down in you know, Kentucky somewhere or whatever.
Speaker 1: Maybe you drive in, stop in Kentucky and then head to Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: But maybe in between maybe a little meat and Greek kind of scenario or whatever. Yeah, trading off with the kids and you're doing and exchange with the in laws or whatever.
Speaker 3: It becomes so stressful for couples and their kids that it's not even fun for everybody.
Speaker 2: And the whole point is for it to be fun, Yeah, and all the stuff that goes along with that. The other thing that's tough too is I mean, you could rotate them yearly and then what's hard also when they say, oh, it's no big deal. We understand, but you know that they do. They're like, argue them all the stuff. If I raised them for note much I carried them inside me got But I mean, if you have a choice of hey, here in the tri State or go visit the in laws at their place in Florida. While Florida seems really good right about now. In that's a good way to do it. We got a beach house. Everybody, come on down. That's the way to go. Five point three seven four nine, seven, eight hundred.
Speaker 1: The big one.
Speaker 2: How do you decide where you go? Do you rotate it? How do you play that out? Is it an all day thing or like a weekly? This week has been good because a lot of people had kids, have the weeks off, and then you know, people maybe the way their vacation time whatever's unspent, and the way the weekend's have falling, you'd burn up three days of vacation. You've go all of a sudden, you've got a whole week, right, so you could maybe spread it out right.
Speaker 3: One of the things I would do if I had kids, which I don't, if I saw that there was so much stress going on, I would say, go to your in laws and go have fun, and your dad and I are going to go on it and take a vacation together and just be by ourselves, and then when we come back, we'll spend the New Year with you. That's such a cool way maybe to look at it. Yeah, absolutely, I think that makes good sense. Let's get to springfield Ed with Sterling and Donnade on the big one. How is the celebration of Christmas and the holidays for you? You know, where do you go?
Speaker 2: How do you decide where you're going and who's happy and who's said?
Speaker 8: Actually, we spent.
Speaker 4: My kids are twenty six and twenty one now, and we spent twenty five years running around to everybody's house, my wife's family, mom and dad or divorced, so there's an extra set of people help that we need to go see. And it was absolutely free. Miserable. Yeah, I hated. I didn't even want to have I hated the day it came. I hated all of it. And now it went the other way though, where I upset my family so much to where they don't even invite us anymore.
Speaker 1: But you is that better or worse?
Speaker 2: Because you don't have to have that weight on your shoulders or do you feel like you've been kicked out and ostracized and no longer part of the group.
Speaker 4: The second half there because even though I couldn't always get there when the party started, we always try to make an appearance. But now I don't even get the invitations. So in the end, they kind of backfired in our face, and my wife was all down with it too. Families from Tennessee, a couple of them live up here. But when I was a kid, we used to go to Tennessee for Christmas, and then my dad was from up here, and we used to come back and you know what they did. This was so smart. We did Christmas down there, and then when we came back up here, we met his family on New Year's New Year's Eve. Yeah, that's great. That's wrong with you people?
Speaker 1: What did you do for Christmas this year? Was it just you and your wife?
Speaker 4: Then, well, my my daughter has a boyfriend who has children. We went over there. My wife had to work Christmas Day, so we didn't stay real long, and we went back over Christmas Day to have like breakfast with them, and then that was it.
Speaker 1: That sounds pretty good to me, though, No, no.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, No, I swear I'm not complaining. Yeah, I'm just saying, then all of a sudden that's never happened to us until like five years ago, saiding, I'm going back home and I'm sitting on the couch, like, what are we going to do now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you can always say, listen, we we understand. We we want to be invited again, and we're going to take whatever we can get.
Speaker 1: You can do that too well, and you can do that.
Speaker 4: What's my problem is is, uh, I go the other way. If you upset me, then I'm just gonna try to upset you.
Speaker 1: More back and.
Speaker 4: Forth and not not not not like getting in fight. But I'm just saying I'm not gonna I was always a black sheep of the family and I always see the black sheep, and so I'm not bowing down then nobody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I get it. I've been that guy too. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But then you're alone, sitting on your couch by yourself on Christmas.
Speaker 1: That's what happens.
Speaker 4: I've got my wife, I got my wife and my two dogs.
Speaker 1: I'm okay, Yeah, you're you're not hurting in that way. I appreciate your sharing that it seems like you found a balance too. We appreciate you listening to being a part of the show so much. Yeah, five, one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred the Big One. You can talk back the iHeartRadio app or at Stirling Radio one X as well. It is a tough thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, you don't want it to be so stressful that you're going here, there and everywhere else. But I would imagine there's a lot of people, like Ed talked about that, whether you've done Christmas in one place and then the other half New Year's, you're getting a little taste of that.
Speaker 1: Flip it on the following year.
Speaker 3: The following year, we get to do Christmas with my parents and then we'll go to your New Year's and because New Year is really fun too. I mean I know that it's fun with the kids and they get to open the presence and it's a blast, and we did have fun with that. But if they wanted to do something, then yeah, we'll do it all.
Speaker 1: Stuff it.
Speaker 2: Maybe you stick out who has the better food, They do better dinner, they do better breakfast, Go to the brunch and do the breakfast, whatever else it happens to be, and play it that way. I mean that that's I don't know, is that bad like you know, well, I don't know. They do some weird stuff with like the giblets and stuff. I will, right, we'll go to dinner there and we'll do lunch with the other place or something along those lines. That's the way my mind works. You know, well your food or I am I totally. No one would believe it looking at me, but I totally am.
Speaker 1: I really. It's just it's a tough spot.
Speaker 2: You don't want to make anybody unhappy and disappoint them. And that's the thing that has been more and more that has weighed on me over time. I want to see these people also because I know my elders, you know, the parents, you know, aunts, uncles and stuff.
Speaker 1: We're not here forever.
Speaker 2: So you know, when I was a teenager, it was all right, great and my friends had come by, and then we go from one house to another house to another house, and everybody would try to feed us. But we were tired of the parents. We wanted to, you know, because we were trying to stretch out and be our own people. Now I embrace the other side of that more because I know the time is short, right.
Speaker 1: And that is something to take in consideration.
Speaker 3: You know how old the parents are and how many you know, Christmases you have left to be with them, that that should being something in consideration for sure.
Speaker 2: Let's see, we got a couple here, five, one, three, seven, eight hundred of the big one. Let's get Luke and then John's what's all of a sudden, we're doing biblical speak, Uh big players in the Bible? Uh Luke chapter ten twenty two. I think it's one of my favorites. What's going on Luke or with Sterling on the big one?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 8: Yeah, he just you know, I have three children. One is just becoming a young adult. I have one at the time, but I have one in the middle of that. And my middle child, I have a baby mother. He's in her house right, not for Christmas, but I had it for christ Steve long story, short days thought always got perfect or you know Palmark or Disney type of blow to enjoy your family. But we have a very great family. Everyone is very fortunate.
Speaker 9: And I just called it.
Speaker 8: No matter what it looks like, what your dynamic is, there's no reason not to be happy, to be thankful and realize how bleased we are in this country. If your kids are healthy, you're not wanting to point there's no reason not to be able to just.
Speaker 7: Back and run.
Speaker 8: And how thanks, how great it to be alive to be in this country. Happy holidays everybody, and take a deep breath and just enjoy what's right in front of you.
Speaker 2: Well stated, Yeah, Luke, thank you man. Yeah, And it's true. I mean, look around and how blessed we are.
Speaker 3: You know, it's important to have a view of gratitude for what you have now and the more that you're grateful for. Like you said, having healthy kids that that's a big deal. Putting stress on them does not work at all. And and you know it makes everybody feel like instead of yay.
Speaker 1: We get to go to Grandma's or yeay we get to go to Auntie's or yeah we get to go to you know, Uncle Sterlings such right, Yeah, and I give loud toys batteries extra batteries, right Levin and John with Sterling and Donna Dee on the big one the John thanks for holding What do you have?
Speaker 2: How do you decide where to go? Or are they coming to you? Or what do you do?
Speaker 9: I tell you that for me is a realistic expectations. I've been divorce eighteen years. I'm remarried, so you've got a lot of exes and hills, and it was really easy to just make a decision that if my ex wanted the kids on Thanksgiving or Christmas Eve, to just go with that and then say Christmas Day is our day, or we do Thanksgiving on Saturday. And once you set that and you know it's going to happen, then everybody's really pretty happy with those things. And as far as extended family, my side of the family, we just get together a few weeks before Christmas and then nobody has to run around to different houses on Christmas Day. We just plan a day and have open a single gift and everybody has a good time.
Speaker 3: That's great, and I think a lot of people are doing that, John. They're they're either doing way before or way after, and that seems to work like a dream.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good to appreciate the call up, John, Thank you man, appreciate you listening to be a part of the show.
Speaker 1: I hope you have a great new year. A set some expectations, set some boundaries. You go there, they go here, and you know it should work out, but it does get stressful for a lot of people because their feelings get hurt. People do very much, they get they get cases of the goo, and you don't want that.
Speaker 2: You know the other thing my mother made and you're a vegan, so but just roll with this. So she made this big beef frost, right, and uh, it was gonna make beef stew and stuff, and that she had plates out, but it seemed more of a bowl thing. And I caught the side eye and flashed back to feeling like I was the eight year old sterling, like I had crossed the line of impropriety.
Speaker 1: And I said, what's the problem.
Speaker 2: I said, you know, it's like me when I'm using tortillas for everything, right, I wrap everything in a tortilla, right, bread, I'm in good shape. And she's like, well, that's a plate meal. That's not a bowl meal. I said, real, are you serious? I said, what is the difference? I said, it's not it's not she goes, it's not cereal. It's not soup, I said, but it is saucy. I mean, I don't know what you do. And that's the thing. I'm like, man, I can't. I forgot your house, your rules, my business.
Speaker 1: It's tough. So then you got that too.
Speaker 2: I'm like, wow, you're gonna really cap on me because I'm using a bowl instead of a plate. Happy Christmas mom. Yeah, there you go, So no pressure, no worries.
Speaker 1: It goes along with funny how little things like that come up during the holidays. Absolutely, I mean the other big way, why did you make coconut cake? I don't like coconut cake? Well, we didn't.
Speaker 3: That's the only dessert I wanted to make. Well we should have had pumpkin pie or bacon pie or something.
Speaker 1: Oh hi, I mean seriously, I made.
Speaker 3: The best coconut cake. And I don't bake at all. I do not, and I decided I was gonna make it, and it came out so good.
Speaker 1: About that? Look at your face, that's like the happiest, like brightest I've seen it a lot. Near like starving. I'm gonna fight that might be. When does the hallucination start? So? How many hours are you into your friends? Twenty four hours in? See, I started about one more day.
Speaker 2: I ate about three thirty in the morning, had a big thing of pancakes I made because I was hungry. After the show, now, but so I haven't eaten since then and I'm starting.
Speaker 1: To Okay, so it's three the year getting on. Yeah, it's tough. This is why the show probably better eighteen hours into it. Better if i'd eating, Probably the show and well you got some crackers over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm trying to stay strong and stick to it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's just one of those things.
Speaker 2: You're five o'clock reports straight away, more on how you decide to go fasting hallucinating. Yeah, there's a whole lot before Chick led Ludwig steps in On a Saturday afternoon, Stirling and Donna d here, home of the best Bengals coverage seven hundredu W well W Cincinnati. Here we are final hour together Saturday. It's getting dark, I'll call it evening, and everything's topsy turvy. Kick Chris stops in says, hello, Chick was in here. Chick's gonna follow us. He's before you. The chick is like the Oreo filling and together we are the chocolate cooking, and then you are the chocolate cooking on the other side.
Speaker 1: He's the goodness in between. With sports talk.
Speaker 3: He's got Sean McMahon sitting in tonight too, and he's he's Sean is great.
Speaker 1: Is glad to hear that? Absolutely? For sure.
Speaker 2: We got a lot going on. We were talking about New Year's and resolutions and living better and relationships in the end of the year and divorce because boy, that's uplifting, uh, But also with the holidays, because so many people are on the road coming home now from wherever they've been for Christmas time on one side of the family or the other, or maybe a vacation. Hopefully that would be good, right, uh, In trying to figure out as you were saying earlier, Donna, and like you know, you go to the wife's side, husband's side, you know, extended relatives or whatever else, and it gets complicated and occasionally ugly.
Speaker 3: And it gets stressful for the for the kiddos that have to, you know, go to the moms and we're going to moms.
Speaker 1: We're going to my hat mom's house.
Speaker 3: Then we'll go to yours and then we'll do this and it becomes pretty stressful.
Speaker 1: But you know the bottom line is if you.
Speaker 3: If you you know, want to visit everybody, set some boundaries, set some expectations. We're going to be here we're going to be there, no scorekeeping, don't worry about that. I'm going to be three hours here and then I'm only two hours at your house.
Speaker 1: So speed me and give me a drink. That's all I want. I'll come to your house.
Speaker 3: The point is to have fun, Like what kind of a Christmas was it for you? For me, it was a real fun Christmas Eve, Christmas Day?
Speaker 1: Well you were sick or you mean in general? I'm sorry I was callack.
Speaker 3: In general, it was a very fun, heart filled Christmas for me, and it will be for New Year's as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got to see some and so forth, never enough and now I crave that so much. And you know what, and I mentioned that we can have a little fun with this too, is maybe the ups gift the bad gift, either the bad choice that you've made or the bad gift that someone made for you the choice and you're like, really you thought of me with this? And I always try to have something for someone. And miani Leen used to give me and she hates it when I bring it up, but it's too late. I'm going to do it again. For years from one a time I was a tiny sterling. She would give me British Sterling Clone because she thought it was, you.
Speaker 1: Know, clever, because it's your name, and I was like really again.
Speaker 2: But at some point I don't know if it was I was here, or if it was on Channel Z when it before it became kiss, whatever it was, I mentioned it and it got back to her or she heard it because she listens and family and friends do and they and all of a sudden she put the full on stop on the British Sterling Clone. And I have been devastated ever since. I mean I did have like a lot. I was donating it. I was you need something to sprint? Yeah, But that's I will if I live to one hundred and ten, which I won't because no matter how much yogurt did I do, or yogurt or fasting that I do to the point of hallucination, I'm not making about fifteen or ten or one. I'm lucky to make seventy at this point. But I will embrace in fond memories of thinking of Iley and giving me the British Stirling term. So if you got something like that or where you put your foot in it, by the way, you could do that too. Five three, seven, four, nine, seven eight hundred, the big one, Stirling and Donnade hanging out. Let's get some people been holding on this and we get some others lined up. We'll get to Xenia and Paul and then Sue and mRNA on seven hundred WLW. What's going on, Paul, what do you have?
Speaker 6: Well, earlier today I didn't get in, but you were talking about New Year's resolutions. Yes, well, my New Year's resolutions. It disjustes me greatly that I hear so many of the young folks are taking God's name in vain. I think that anybody that is capable should bite your tongue before they come out with a cuss word and take our Savior's name in vain. And it really distresses me, and I think the parents should distress it. I don't know if it's going on in school. I've been out of school a long time.
Speaker 7: I don't know what goes on in school.
Speaker 2: Well, I totally get what you're saying, Paul, and I understand that. And yeah, I mean I bite my tongue all the time, and usually it has nothing to do with the Lord's name in vain.
Speaker 1: So I totally get what you're saying. No, Yeah.
Speaker 3: My mom used to hate that. She would say, never take the Lord's name in vain. We weren't even to say, you know, Jesus Christ. We were never even allowed to say that.
Speaker 2: She's and Rice. I think it means the same thing anyway. That's the Paul. We appreciate the call man. We totally get it, and we appreciate it. That's tough. And see, that's the thing my mom would always say. She goes, well, you still are thinking and her meaning it even though you said something else. And I'm like, and then she'd put that in my head. Yeah, I'm like, thanks for that depth charge.
Speaker 3: It was never it doesn't ever feel good when you say g damn it, you know, or anything like that.
Speaker 1: I can't believe. Yeah, No, you're absolutely right. Let's to No. I absolutely agree. I'm wholesome and innocent. I'd like to drive.
Speaker 2: I am pure as the driven snow, not yellow snow. But I mean I do what I can to Covington and Sue. Then Murna was Stirling in Donnade on the Big One. Sue, how's everything? Holiday traditions? Your house, their house, across the you know, the planet Earth.
Speaker 1: I don't know iowall, what do you do? Where do you go? How do you decide?
Speaker 10: Well, now most my parents are gone, but when we were growing up, when Daddy came back from nore we ended up in Eastern Kentucky and where my brother was born the next year, and my father's from Northern Ohio. My mother's from Center Kentucky. So they started they would alternate. One year we would go to Northern Ohio for Thanksgiving and Center Kentucky for Christmas. The next year we would flip it and go to Center Kentucky for Thanksgiving in Northern Ohio. But we were always at home on New Year's so much to the point that when my parents would go out to parties for New Year's they would be home before midnight, which my brother and I carried on even when we grew up and were away from home and came home. If we went to parties, we would break our nets to be sure we were home by midnight.
Speaker 2: Well that's a smart one, Yeah, yeah, it was all the way around. It sounds like you had a good plan. But the other thing that I think is interesting about that too, is that you were ahead of the curve on the idea of that being amateur night, and you didn't want to be out there on the roads with everybody else getting tanked up.
Speaker 1: They normally don't drink. They're hitting the bottle.
Speaker 2: Hard and making bad choices instead of getting a ride, getting behind the wheels.
Speaker 1: So you're smart. You were way ahead of the curve. That'sous.
Speaker 10: That was the way we were raised, and that was our family tradition. And everybody thought it was so weird that my brother and I would leave a party. It'd be home with our parents for New Years. So we would go out on the porch and we're in cow bells and yell like all the rest.
Speaker 1: There's something so sweet about that, it really is it fantastic, Sue, have a fantastic new You really appreciate you listening and being part of the show.
Speaker 10: Well, I really enjoyed listening to you two light.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you so much. You take care.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Sue. That was great. That was really nice. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred The big one. I remember pots and pans when I was a kid. That that's what they would sit in front of me, beat some pots and pans and then you get jiffy pop. They still selfie pop was the best, and I could stand on a stool careful. She was like, you gotta be careful of the flame. Natural and you watch that thing swell up like an infected oil gland, and then it would burst and the popcorn.
Speaker 1: Would come out. That's good times.
Speaker 2: The best New Year's absolutely to college Hell and Murna was stirling in Donnade on the Big One.
Speaker 1: Murna, what do you have? What's going on?
Speaker 11: I'm still around, I'm old, but I'm still here. I'm most miserable. Christmas is when my daughter, when our daughter was married, she was our only child, and the first year they spent Christmas Eve with his family, Christmas Morning with his family, and he wouldn't they wouldn't come here till like two o'clock in the afternoon, and so my dad's My husband said, well, that's the first year. Daughter probably does want to make waves go with his Well, the next year, the same thing happened, and he blew my husband. He said, your mother got up at six o'clock in the morning, put on the turkey, she baked pies yesterday. You come in here half asleep. You're not hungry because you ate snacks over there, he said, this is not going to happen.
Speaker 4: They can't.
Speaker 1: Wow, and did what happened from there?
Speaker 11: They went there on Christmas Eve and came here on Christmas.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean sometimes your kids need to know that this is really important to you. If it's important to you, you can talk to them and and and reason with them.
Speaker 1: I think that was good.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, you just stood up after dinner and just told them.
Speaker 2: What was Sometimes you got to put your foot down, tell people what you want or what you need.
Speaker 1: And if they don't listen, then you then you have to let them do what they can always make more so, I mean, you know that's how that is, how young they are. Have a great new year. It was good to talk to you. Take care of yourself.
Speaker 11: I'm here to celebrate another new year, the eighty nine in March.
Speaker 1: Wow, good for you. That's excellent. Pushing it won't be long if you hit the hundle.
Speaker 3: You can hear the emotion though in her voice, because that is it's hard when because she said it was horrible Christmases having to having to do that, and it does hit you hard when you know your kids aren't thinking about it like that.
Speaker 1: I like to put the fun in dysfunction. Yea. Personally, I was trying to embrace that overall. I mean, I just it's true, it's chaos, but it's all good.
Speaker 2: But the other thing that goes along with that, I can remember I always felt like if someone put it and was directed by my mom, I was raised this way. If they're going to offer food, you gotta eat. So everywhere I went, all my buddies' houses, you know, and their parents, and then my house and then on away it went. We ate like a ton of meals. And they always want to send you home with food. Like right now, I guarantee you people driving up seventy one, seventy five, seventy four that they're in the trunk in the cooler, or they just took it to be polite and then they dumped it when they gassed up the car, Like I'm not eating that stuff again. If you're on that out there, there's a whole lot of leftovers in transit right now on this twenty seventh December, you know, after Christmas and leading into the new year.
Speaker 1: I guarantee it. I cannot be the only one pull light.
Speaker 3: When you go to somebody and you can snack, you can snack. You don't have to have full meals unless it's a sit down dinner that you're planning to stay to stay there for a while, like the beef froze to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't put it in a bowl. I'm telling you. I flashed back to balone. Don't ask for a ball. I didn't even ask. I just I reached up into the cabin and she just shot me the look. That's all I needed. I was like, oh man, I'm eight again.
Speaker 9: This is it.
Speaker 2: It just never grow out of that type of situation. Lots of other stuff to get to before we're done. There's New Year's around the corner, Bengals in action, tomorrow, Cardinals in town, and my guess is with the it's going to be like sixty something degrees. Yeah, I mean, I'm telling you I would not normally think about going out in the end of December to go play, uh and maybe check out some tailgating.
Speaker 1: But if not tomorrow win.
Speaker 3: Well, because yeah, it's a people can just wear their Bengals jerseys and not have to put on.
Speaker 1: Jackets and mittens and and stuff. Yeah, it's kind it's kind of a nice surprise. It absolutely is.
Speaker 2: Five one, three, seven four nine seven eight hundred the Big One about ten minutes away from Brady Hopkins. Another update on news and what's going on around planet Earth and what matters to us here in the Tri State Quick break though, your chance to get an interactive straight away seven hundred double ULW sterling a. Donnade hanging out seven hundred double LW. Joe Waddell producing, and Brady Hopkins with news in four minutes from right this very second. So hang out, that is if we're on time, and I will be on time. Donnakayod you disturbed me, And I mean that the nicest a way, of course. Uh, you said something right we were going into the break. I think it may be an opportunity for some of us. And you mentioned some statistic about women of a certain age being single by choice. Help me understand.
Speaker 3: Well, it's kind of a crazy statistic that they've come up with. Apparently, by twenty thirty, nearly fifty percent of women twenty five to forty five will be single by choice. I don't know if that's good for society or if it's bad.
Speaker 2: But how many are single now? I want to know, by choice or not. That's one bit of data I would like to know.
Speaker 1: Well, it's it's not. Let me see if I can find that. So I think one is you guys, you can, I shouldn't. It's a mixed metaphor. You guys, I wasn't single. I was married at twenty No, I understand.
Speaker 2: But you have a Women can be with anybody anytime that they want to, because you're women. I mean seriously, and I mean because it's just the.
Speaker 1: Way it is.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: Well, all right, it may not be who you want to be with, but you can you can be with anybody anytime that you want.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, dudes do not live that way. Well, okay, there's a lot in there, sterling. What what is what? What they're seeing? The trend is that women can now.
Speaker 3: Equal rights, So they're getting paid more and they're finding out that they're making even more money than some guys. So you have economic freedom of women now and twenty five to forty five and beyond, and they're prioritizing self discovery and career ascension above above marriage and children.
Speaker 2: So, in other words, women's needs versus once the needs they can handle, and we in relationship circumstance, it's a matter of wanting to be with someone when you want to and who you want to, rather than in desperation. I need a roof, I need food on the table and a man to take care of you.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a definite shift that's going on where there's more women in the workforce ever before.
Speaker 1: They're everywhere and I love it.
Speaker 3: And they're making just as much money, if not more.
Speaker 1: So does that mean I could be a man? You could be if you wanted to. Is that a bad thing? It's kind of I don't want to be kept in I mean, you want to be independent as a dude too.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a lot of stay at home dads that do wonderful work and take care of the house and the kids, and then you know, it's.
Speaker 1: A thankless job. It is a thankless job.
Speaker 2: Not enough love and respect. They downplay you, act like it's nothing. You stress around all day long in the house. Women come home from work, they just want to drink and be left alone, and we want to yap the app y app about the day.
Speaker 1: And put and put the football game on. They're good, that's right. It's everything's just upside down.
Speaker 3: It is an interesting dynamic and it's not changing. It's only getting and growing for women those ages. Now, I'm sure, I mean fifty that's one in two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can do basically math that right. Statement, that's not Lance's Butler math, that's right. State hell, that's E. J. Brown Elementary remat. Everyone can do it. Fifty one outed two, that's a big number, you know, And I'm curious how many like is it? If that's choice, then about us guys in that situation too. I mean, that's more about equality, right, and women can do You guys are a beauty. You are so far beyond us in every way anyway. I'm enamored and overwhelmed, and I'm not sucking up and hoping that this is going to benefit me after the show.
Speaker 2: I'm just simply saying, we'll come back after your five point thirty report. Brady has an idea as to what's going on. Mister Hopkins disseminates mess quantity of news. Stirling and Donna d come back. We want to know are you going to be one of those half of the women choosing to be single?
Speaker 1: And why?
Speaker 3: Or if you had a choice back then and you could go to work and didn't want to get would you have gotten married and had kids, right, and stay at home or maybe a big deal. That's a big question to ask.
Speaker 2: And these are player women, right, I mean, these are women that are out there playing the field. So they'll hurt me, but they don't want to. They just want to visit and then lead, which actually sounds pretty damn good to me too. News time now Sterling and Donna d coming back seven hundred w welw Hey, how you doing this? Sterling and Donna d rolling till six. We've seen Chick Ludwig. You will hear from Chick Ludwig after the news at the top of the hour, and he will have some sports talk. My guess is JJ Bledet. He'll talk about the Red signing. That guy was an A or yeah, it was an Oakland A, then he was a Vegas A and then soon or it will be a Vegas A. But he it was in a Sacramento a's uniform. I think, I don't know. I don't know how that goes. I've always liked the As since the Reds swept them, but then they were horrible and I feel good, you know, love for underdog teams. Yeah, now you've got a guy who comes from that and hopefully will bring something to the through the Reds.
Speaker 1: They need help. Well, Chick is very excited to talk about that tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got that. Bengals and Cardinals tomorrow. It will almost feel like summertime. Yeah, I may be exaggerating a little bit. It'll be short weather, and I mean in the sixties almost seventy, right, pneumonia weather is what my grandmother would call.
Speaker 3: I'm excited about it. I'm ready, all ready for warm weather. It's been chilli this year.
Speaker 1: Already, absolutely has.
Speaker 2: Now I want to backtrack just a little bit right before the break, will give you a chance to sound off. He'd like there were some ladies and guys on this too. This is a really wild thing. You were talking about a statistic from a basically retirement and financial company, so they are on top of this in a different ways. People plan for their future.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Morgan Stanley.
Speaker 3: They did a US census based on demographic trends and they project by twenty thirty about forty five to fifty percent of women in the ages of twenty five to forty four will be single and childless my choice.
Speaker 2: And that's obviously here in the States. In industrialized countries, richer countries, the birth rates have been declining significantly, and you know, the idea from immigration and so forth was a benefit to bring workers in and then obviously to propagate and keep paying into social Security and all the other stuff. That has certainly slowed down here domestically. So the question is with AI and the pealing of jobs, is this including that concept that they'll be less beneficial or I guess appealing candidates for them, or they just want to be fancy.
Speaker 1: Free and that is a good question. They're fat with cash.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the there's four reasons for this trend, according to Morgan Stanley, changing norms about marriage, so marriage is no longer seen as required life like a required life milestone.
Speaker 1: Sin, I've done that. Well, nothing about that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm still going to say marriage isn't essential to a fulfilling life. That's what they're seeing, a greater economic independence. We know there's more women in the workforce than ever before, and they're getting equal.
Speaker 1: Pay now like a strong.
Speaker 3: Well, of course, it's nice, you know, they're they're they're priority careers early on and they're getting you know, married later on. It doesn't mean that they're never going to get married. They're just they want their careers first and then marriage.
Speaker 1: May come later.
Speaker 3: So they're marrying later on in life, just focusing on their education and their careers and then complex relationship market, it says. Some research and cultural commentary notes that people of all genders face mismatches in dating expectations priorities. Everybody's on dating apps, so I mean nobody meets up like that, like we used to go to a concert and meet somebody or true at a bar. Used to be nightclubs, bars, concerts. I mean, I'm sure people are still doing that.
Speaker 1: But at our age, at our age, that's how I met My husband was playing in a band. You've seen him or talk to him in yours, But I know the guys certainly. Of course, everybody knew him in Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: A lot of bar gigs, different times, different times, That's right, It's for sure. So how you know what's interesting about this? Does what does that mean that we as guys won't be able to find the women that we want in that twenty five to forty four year old range, or is it that the guys are making the same choice, Because I've heard this from woman after woman after woman. Yeah, including younger women, some that I may have dated. I'm not saying I try to stay within my I don't want to be involved in an inappropriately aged, a separated relationship.
Speaker 1: I mean it's good sometimes.
Speaker 3: But well, twenty five to forty five is interesting because those are kind of the child bearing Oh yeah, you know, that's the age.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So you know when I was twenty four and my husband was twenty two, that's when we met. We dated for a year, just like everybody else, engaged for a year and then got married in a year. So it was it was during that timeframe. I don't regret anything during that time. I fell in love with someone. I got married. My sister was married a year prior to me, so it was great. But and I always worked throughout my marriage too. So I had a career in radio, I was graduating Xavier, and you know, I went to school later in life. And so I think women are just going to say, listen, let's date instead of getting let's figure out, you know, let me need.
Speaker 1: For a commitment. I kind of find this very appealing. There's something appealing about it.
Speaker 3: But you know, twenty five forty five, at the forty five range, if you still haven't had kids and you're still contemplating that's.
Speaker 1: A little tough.
Speaker 2: Well maybe they can adopt, or maybe you just don't have to worry about the.
Speaker 1: A lot of people don't want kids, that's what they're saying. I mean, you don't have any. I don't have anything. I don't have any, and you don't.
Speaker 3: Put all my sisters do, and they all have kids and grandkids and stuff now, and it's it's cute.
Speaker 1: It's not me, and it's not cute. I like that. It's cute that they have kids.
Speaker 3: No, it's cute when all the kids get they all chair pictures there. Yeah, we all have these group text and all the grandkids are super cute and everybody. And sometimes I feel a little left out because I don't have any.
Speaker 1: But it was a choice I made, and I'm I love being the uncle, yeah, I mean I really do. It's a lot of time.
Speaker 2: I mean I grew up, you know, with a single mom in hers and she had a big family like yours, a lot of siblings and my uncles and my aunts, I mean they I was always around them and my cousins, so I still had, you know a little bit of that mentoring and that sort of role modeling that was being done, but I didn't necessarily have all the other stuff in that end of it. But it's interesting when you start looking at that. And I've been told why you have a fear commitment or whatever, But I've been committed in long term monogamous relationships with a couple of different women at different times for years, but it just didn't work out timing with them and what they were doing and where I was, and you know, I left here for work and came back here for work.
Speaker 3: Well that's exactly the point of this where where the study is, like women have they don't necessarily need to be married. They don't need to be married, and they don't want to have kids early on. They want to focus on their education and career and making money so they don't have to rely on men to do it.
Speaker 1: What happens later though, when there's so few people having kids and then there's a shortage of population to do whatever work is left to be done after AI comes through, because it's not going to do all the work.
Speaker 3: Well, this is Elon Musk's nightmare of scenario, right. This is the thing that he fears most is that we are going to be out of the human race. I don't think that's ever going to happen. How many there's eight billion people on the planet.
Speaker 1: Is that accurate?
Speaker 2: Somewhere somebody just got pregnant just now, somebody just that a kid, right, maybe listening to us.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'd rather not know that necessarily.
Speaker 3: But there's eight billion people humans on the planet. I don't see us going away unless there's a big asteroid.
Speaker 1: That hits us. Yeah, and then that's a whole that's a whole other problem. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean the other concept that has been talked about is paying people to have kids, right, And I don't know who pays for that. Why should my tax dollar dollars go for somebody else to pay them to have their babies. That's not my problem. I've made my choice, not my issue, though. We do have tax credits to help benefit people to help sort of navigate life in the added expenses. But the other thing I would imagine is part of this is think of the cost of childcare and all those hoops that you have to go through. Somebody either deciding that they're not going to pay to get the healthcare or I should say, the childcare, and maybe they stay home. Who makes that sacrifice if that is one, Even though maybe one would argue once you have kids, the way I was raised is that your only purpose is to try to set them up to have a better life for themselves. Then you kick them out of the house and then you can party. He had eighteen years.
Speaker 1: It's it. The free ride is over.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, and there's tons of tax breaks for married couples and with children.
Speaker 1: What about all the single people. We don't have anythings, Terling. It's just we get jobbed constantly. Really, you know that that's the that's the thing. But if all these single women want like just to use and abuse somebody, I mean it's a single guy in that window. I mean that's a good place. Is that too young for you?
Speaker 3: Twenty five to forty five? Because you're we're both the same age.
Speaker 1: And I don't know what the rules are. Somebody told me five is not no, forty five is not for them. Uh.
Speaker 2: I had someone on the show who was in Men's Health magazine a few years ago. I should do a search now and have them back along because I know I saved the info and they said half your age plus seven years is as low as you should go. Okay, right, so you figure thirty five thirty is thirty, yes, and that seems really young.
Speaker 1: Yes, But I will own this. I have.
Speaker 2: I have gone out with women in their their younger thirties and not that long ago, mid thirties, and and uh, it's a blast. But they're wanting to go and run around and party and do stuff. I've been there and done that, and part of it is not my age. But I mean, for how many years was I out doing bar gig after bar gig and show after show and introducing bands and hanging out and having drinks. I'm like, that's exhausting. You go do that. I'll be at the house. Come see me after. You know what I mean, what are you doing at the house? You got the Bengals on, you got you got sports. I'll make some drinks, we'll hang out. I'll make some food, I'll cook dinner. It works out, there's nothing wrong with the flicks, hill whatever. Or maybe they just want to leave and that's fine, visit me and then go on your way. That's where it is. I can be a more mature, like middle aged. Uh boy, toy?
Speaker 1: Is that? I mean, that's a possibility. I don't mean like to play with What did you just saying about commitments earlier? There might be something to that. No, I'm I'm very good at being committed.
Speaker 3: Are you happy being single right now? Are you happy doing that?
Speaker 1: Here's here's why it's great.
Speaker 2: Okay, And if you find the right person, I think you can still make it work this way. But I don't have to answer to anybody. There is no woman going where were you? What were you doing? Who were you talking to? It's just hey, do you want to get together later? You want to meet up tomorrow night and grab some grub whatever else it happens to be and have a drink.
Speaker 1: That's perfect, okay. So I love the time me. I'm just waiting on that.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I love that you said that, because that's what twenty twenty six relationships are going to be like. They're instead of fear based, where were you? Why didn't you called? All those things are like excuse me what? I was busy doing my stuff? You big, get busy doing yours. They're going to be like, hey, I know you're busy, call me when you get a second. That is is the self love that you give yourself, so you're not dependent. You're not outsourcing the safety stuff. Yeah, and that's what we talked that's a callback. That's what we talked about earlier, and that's what's coming in twenty twenty six because people are doing their work.
Speaker 2: I mean in a big picture of things. I mean, I'm just trying to live my life down, you know what I mean. I'm just trying to find my way in the world, like everybody else. And I think, like everyone else, I would like to find a woman to complete me. It will happen at some point, or you know, they're out there on the they're available on the internet or something.
Speaker 1: I've heard all my friends you're all on dating apps. Well a lot of them are.
Speaker 2: And I don't do that, but at a lot of my friends, I mean, they found these female friends and male friends. They have found their perfect partners, and most of them have been together for a ridiculous amount of time and make it work. What's interesting is when they try to fix you up, you kind of go, oh, this she's great for you, she's perfect, she's like your other half, and then you go, really, I don't know me at all, And then the woman's are like the same thing, Like, well, I mean we have drinking is all right, but I mean I don't know what they're both obviously high or whatever else. I mean, it's just the sort of the way I go. Yeah, speaking of a relationship stuff. Because you came into play and to help us solve the world's problems. As ken Brew always likes to say, that I caused more than I solved, But I want to believe I'm a problem solver, not a creator of problems. You will be back for your Relationship Radio after nine o'clock, another full three hours minight of making people healthy and living better.
Speaker 1: Well, I try.
Speaker 3: I do my best too, but we also keep it lighthearted and fun. And doctor West will be with me. That's nine to midnight, right after chick. There you go, and he's straight away. He'll talk Reds, he'll talk Bengals, he'll talk Bowl season. Who knows what else. He's prepared.
Speaker 1: He's been roaming the halls with his laptop in his arm, his coffee in the other hand, and he's pacings D so you know that he is ready to roll.
Speaker 2: After your six o'clock report, it's Sterling and Donna d talking Hooday today here on seven hundred WLW