Speaker 1: This is the Tri Stage Chevy Dealer's postgames Sports Talk live from Buffalo Wings and Rings presented by R and L Carriers. Postgame sports Talk is brought to you and part by Pellow Windows and Door making life brighter. Pella Now pay Later Carrier and your local carrier dealers turn to the experts Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tave Sheldon five one three five one three, toph Postman Law Injured call eight four to four, Postman Others Promise Postman delivers R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider and by your Tri State Chevy Dealers the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for nine straight years. And now postgames Sports Talk.
Speaker 2: We are live at Wings and Rings in Oakley.
Speaker 3: Forty six point fifteen Factory Colony Lane, and you are listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. This is Chick Ludwig. I will be joined shortly by Bruce Kozerski, Bengals legendary offensive linemen, and we'll be breaking down the Bengals forty seven of the forty two loss to the Chicago Bears at pay Corpse Stadium today like a wrecking ball. Mike Mills is are awesome on site. Engineer Joe Waddell is producing back in our Kenwood studios. Wings burgers, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, drink specials, wings and rings, has it all. We'll be here in Oakley until eight thirty tonight, and you are invited. And if you can't be here in person, feel free to join us by calling five, one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand or one eight hundred.
Speaker 2: Do the big One.
Speaker 3: The Bengals, they were fifty four seconds away from a miracle victory, down fourteen points, forty one to twenty seven. They score fifteen points in forty nine seconds thanks to a pair of touchdown passes sandwiched around the recovery of an on side kick, and they lead forty two to forty one. And then Cincinnati's ghost defense, and that's my nickname for him, their ghost defense, anything but Golden, reared its ugly head once again. Chicago quarterback Caleb Williams fires a fifty eight yard touchdown pass to tight end Colston Loveland with seventeen seconds remaining.
Speaker 2: And the Bears win.
Speaker 3: Improving to five and three in the Bengals fall to three and six two and three at home.
Speaker 2: They lost their sixth game in seven tries.
Speaker 3: And just an unbelievable game today attract meet nine lead changes, one thousand and seventy one total yards in this game, five hundred and seventy six by the Chicago Bears four hundred and ninety five by the Bengals. Joe Flacco was unreal, throwing for four hundred and seventy yards four touchdowns with two interceptions, but the most striking shocking.
Speaker 2: Number out there.
Speaker 3: The Bears rushed for two hundred and eighty three yards to the Bengals forty six. There were some incredible individual performances in this game. T Higgins nine targets, seven catches, one hundred and twenty one yards, two touchdowns, including an unbelievable forty four yarder, but the Bengals ghost defense could not contain Caleb Williams and a rookie running back by the name of Kyle Menangay, the two hundred and thirty third pick in the seventh round, a rookie out of Rutgers rushes twenty six times for one hundred and seventy six yards and Bruce Kazerski. If I didn't watch it, if I didn't listen, I wouldn't have believed forty seven to forty two, Bengals so close to a miracle victory.
Speaker 2: Disappointment once again.
Speaker 4: I was sitting there watching it, and it was like dejavou all over again. I felt like I was last week, sitting in the same side of the club level watching the same Bengal defense. This week, our special teams contributed heavily. We had great outstanding performance special teams wise return a kickoff, Yes, we aget an on side kick, it's all going our way. We block a kick, or yeah, we blocked the kick field goal and they missed one. It's all going right. We're throwing them all up and down the field, and then and then what happens?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: I left the stadium after the Bears went up by that second score late in the fourth quarter. I had to get home, had to get home, get here with like five and changed standing and waiting for my ride, watching the jumbo tron from where I'm getting a ride, and the Bengals court touchdown and a two point conversion, and thinking, well, we gotta get the outside kick. We haven't got one of those laws in forever. We get the hot say kicks, this can happen. And then the worst thing happened in the world. We scored too quick.
Speaker 3: We did.
Speaker 4: When's the last time we said that we scored too quick? That's amazing, it really is.
Speaker 2: And that came with fifty eight seconds to go.
Speaker 4: You know, you first thought is, well, OK, fifty eight seconds, that they only have to go thirty yards for a field goal, and that's probably the way the Bengals will lose the game, the field.
Speaker 3: Goal for fifty four seconds, and you're right, Uh, Caleb Williams. They just had too much time. And this is what we're dealt with here, Bruce. And it's great to see you, by the way, and thanks for joining me. Last time on Sports Talk you called this a must win. Everybody did. You can't lose back to back home games at this stage of the season, go to three and six and keep falling farther behind the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 5: Especially going into the bye week.
Speaker 4: Yes, that that one week off is going to feel like a month.
Speaker 5: It will I feel like a month.
Speaker 4: It's like you play a baseball game and losing on a walk off and you play the next day.
Speaker 5: It's over. You gotta drop it.
Speaker 4: This one's this one's like uh, like I said, dejahfou, it keeps haunting, haunting the fans and they were livid. You know, when you sit in the stands and you watch the game, you're not sitting in the press corps. You're not sitting The fans were beside themselves livid.
Speaker 5: Uh. There were I don't want to.
Speaker 4: Say as many because they didn't have an accurate count, but the cheering was louder, be honest for the Bears at some points in the game than it was for the Bengals, and that can't happen at home.
Speaker 3: Caleb Williams and Kyle Manonge and the Bears turned play Course Stadium into their own personal playground there for most of this game.
Speaker 5: It was truly sad.
Speaker 4: But you know, I sat up there and I kept saying, this is what you know, we actually had to stop in the first series that we got to call for a holding penalty, defensive holding and you know, okay, well they stopped at once and be able to stop them again. Not the rest of the day, not the rest of the day. I guess they made them punt once, but not the rest of the day. You feel when they settle for a field goal, that's a stop anymore.
Speaker 3: Chase Brown drops a wide open pass that he might have been.
Speaker 2: Able to score on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, and that caused a forty one yard field goal.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: So the Bengals go up ten to seven, and then Cairo Santos misses a field goal, but dj Ivy gets called for being in the neutral zone.
Speaker 2: They wind up scoring a touchdown.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when they got new life at that point in the game.
Speaker 4: You got the you got the five yard illegal hand, legal contact by the defender, and then you got that one off side.
Speaker 5: You just feel it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 4: There was another moment a little while later where you just felt something was just gonna happen against us. We're not gonna do this, We're not gonna do that, And you start to get the doubts because they certainly had enough unsuccessful. But again, Joe Flacco and the receivers, I mean Jamar Chason t Higgins was out unbelievable, unbelievable, and they were playing their butts off. They wanted to win this game in the worst way. Uh, But there's something missing on defense. I don't think it's I don't think it's effort. I I really don't think it's efforts. Whether it's schemes, we're not we're not getting We got pressure on Killer Williams on on that long. The problem with getting pressure was we didn't have anybody when he ran. And that was my biggest going in catching the rabbit. You know, as when he broke. When he broke, the tain er stepped up, there was nobody home.
Speaker 2: He's Bruce Kazerski. This is Chick Ludwig.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers post Game Sports Talk presented by RNEL Carriers. We are live at the Wings and Rings in Oakley forty six fifteen Factory Colony Lane.
Speaker 2: We're here till eight thirty tonight.
Speaker 3: We're taking your calls at five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand, one to eight hundred the Big One.
Speaker 2: We're coming back to take your calls.
Speaker 3: Next on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Tri.
Speaker 3: State Chevy Dealers post game Sports Talk presented by RNEL Carriers. He's Bruce Kazerski. This is Chick Ludwig. We are at the Wings and Rings Oakley forty six fifteen Factory Colony Lane till eight thirty tonight and Bruce. The Bengals came in really with the lead. The east penalized team in the National Football League at an average of five a game. Well, they had five midway through the second quarter and a penalty, and every one of them was crippling everyone. And finally Jamar Chase gets his first catch at the nine to twenty five mark of the second quarter. A Joe Flacco fumble got overturned, thank goodness, and then he hits Chase for thirty seven yards first and goal at the six yard line. And what happens Orlando Brown on the next play an incompletion in the end zone, Orlando Brown gets tagged with a fifteen yard unsportsmanlike penalty and that just killed that drive. So instead of getting a touchdown, they have to settle for a field goal, and that.
Speaker 4: Hurt every every players had had situations in a game where they've been chief shot at and they've been beaten. He was beaten several times prior to that by the defense event on that side probably and the one time he got run over, and he's a good player, but you know, he just didn't have his best day at that point and it was frustrated.
Speaker 5: And when.
Speaker 4: Whatever happened on that play, he got in a fight. I'm watching the play on this side, and next thing you know, we get a melee going on the other side of the field and he drew the flag. And you just in that situation, knowing the way things are going, with a frustrations mounting everywhere, you can't do that. You just you just can't do that. And that's that's as big a play in the game. That's a bigger penalties as in the game.
Speaker 3: And it was fourteen to ten at that point in favor of Chicago. The Bengals had to settle for a field goal. Fourteen to thirteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that that that's a four point, yes, four points penalty, and uh, you know, momentum, you had all the momentum in the world. You had players making plays and then then you get the big fellow getting that penalty, and that's that's that's crippling.
Speaker 5: It really is.
Speaker 4: There's no there's no excuse for it. I know they they talked to him on the sidelines and I'm sure he feels bad about it, but it happened.
Speaker 5: You know, you just you just can't do that.
Speaker 2: Let's go out to the phones.
Speaker 3: Pat leads us off in reading Pat Hi, how are you today?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: God? You know you know me.
Speaker 8: I usually don't listen to the postgame show where when they lose, because it's such a joke. But I thought i'd try today and see if any truth or reality would be discussed. Now, just as I thought, not a chance.
Speaker 6: Wayne box Miller said that this team doesn't quit.
Speaker 7: Well, maybe the.
Speaker 6: Offense doesn't quit, but what about the defense? He said, we did a great job on special teams to get the onside kick. He said that the Bengals had a lot of time to regroup.
Speaker 8: Really now, when Dave talked to the head coach, Taylor said that the defense is often one step sorge and we didn't have enough takeaways. What about knowing how to tackle and putting more effort into that. I have never seen a team that tackles so horribly. And they talked about having a bunch of guys that are leaders, who are our leaders on defense. They went over fifteen minutes without even intimating that our defense is absolutely horrific.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm calling it the ghost defense. Anything but gold.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 6: I mean I couldn't take anymore, so I turned it off. But now I just want to give you one.
Speaker 8: Example of the embarrassing nature of our defense.
Speaker 6: On Chicago's first drive in the second half, the Bears running back who was fantastic, but then again, he was playing the Bengals. He had just gotten the first down, but are number ninety eight. I had to look up his name, p J. Splayton. I was shocked that I didn't know who he.
Speaker 8: Was, but I have never ever heard his name for anything describing a good play. He was kneeling on the ground doing an Arnold Schwarzenegger pose, flexing his muscles after they got a first down. I mean, how embarrassing is that?
Speaker 6: Naturally they went on to score a touchdown. Are is he one of those great leaders we have or is anyone on this defense accountable for anything? Would you tell me.
Speaker 2: It's bad?
Speaker 3: And we're stuck with it. This is who they have, and there's too many young players. They're counting on them and they're giving them a experience. Meanwhile, they're getting run over. They're not getting taken to the wood shed. They're getting taken to the wood chipper.
Speaker 5: I'm just looking at some stats here.
Speaker 4: Myself and Jordan Battle five tackles, seven assists for twelve. Carter linebacker five tackles, five assists for ten. Dax Hill defensive back four tackles, three assists for seven. Gino Stone four tackles, three assists for seven. Those top four tacklers defensive backs are one linebacker.
Speaker 5: That's it, yep or Berks three tackles, three assists.
Speaker 8: I'm just watching that last touchdown they got again once again, two guys trying to tackle the guy who scored the touchdown and they just off of them.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, they each that in the pros. Or do they assume you already know how to tackle?
Speaker 4: I assume they expect you to tackle. The defensive backs that I played with tackle. And I'm certain I'm not going to speak too badly about I think this was all foreseeable. I'm not sure that they're they've grown a whole bunch in the AL Golden defense.
Speaker 10: And I.
Speaker 4: Know he's a great guy and he's a good coach, but they have not gotten better and schimatic wise, whatever it is, they've not gotten better, and they're not taking chances to get better. They're not the blitzeres aren't working when he calls them because somebody gets wide open that they dropped the coverage on a back out of the backfield completely one time. And there's just so many, so many little things, and they're a step here and a step there. As the coach said, it is a step. But it's the NFL. You're a step behind. You're a step behind, you lose.
Speaker 3: They've give it up at least twenty seven points now since the openers. That's eight straight games at least twenty seven points. And we had the stat last week fifty four and four when scoring thirty eight or more points. Well, now he's one and four. Scoring thirty eight points. One and four is their record in the last two years.
Speaker 4: We were crying over our spilt milk last week when they scored thirty eight and lost.
Speaker 5: Today they scored forty two and lost. Yeah, that makes it even worse.
Speaker 8: I mean, I don't understand why the coach won't even call them out and say something.
Speaker 6: Besides, they're one step behind.
Speaker 3: I mean, come on, well, if you saw what the what the players only meeting.
Speaker 2: What that meant?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh, he's in a very very tough situation because because his neck is more on the line than theirs, be honestly, because you can't you can't get a whole news set of players at this stage. You know, I think he's doing a great job offensively, but it's not working defensive.
Speaker 3: Pat, We've got to run. We've reached the top of the hour.
Speaker 2: News.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you calling. Hey, he's Bruce Kezerski. This is Chick Ludwigan. We are live at Wings and Rings in Oakley on Factory Colony Lane, and you're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealer's Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers on seven hundred WLW at Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 1: This is the Tri STATEE Chevy Dealer's postgame Sports Talk live from Buffalo Wings and Rings, presented by R and L Carriers. Postgame Sports Talk is brought to you in part by Pellow Windows and Door making life brighter. Pella Now Pay Later Carrier and your local carrier dealers turn to the experts. Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tave Sheldon five one three five one three toph Postman law injured call eight four to four. Postman Others promise Postman delivers R and L Carriers, visit RL's and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider. And by your Tri State Chevy Dealers the number one selling Brandon Cincinnati for nine straight years. And now post games Sports Talk.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. He's Bruce Kazerski. This is Chick Ludwig. We're live at the Wings and Rings Oakleigh forty six to fifteen Factory Colony Lane. We will be here till eight thirty tonight, and we're breaking down the Bengals loss to the Chicago.
Speaker 2: Bears like a wrecking ball.
Speaker 3: And Bruce, you mentioned it as soon as you came in today that the Bears had a great game plan, knowing how aggressive this young defense wanted to be, trying to.
Speaker 2: Make up for last week, and they kind of played right in.
Speaker 4: That was my first thought watching sitting up there watching the first couple of series, is the Bengals are flying around to the ball there trying to take away I mean that talk, this is the defense only meeting.
Speaker 5: They were gonna fly around, they were gonna.
Speaker 4: Make plays, and they were except for all the trick plays that they kept overlooking. And they ran every trick play in the book. Remember this head coach came from the Detroit Lions and Dan Campbell, and they ran every trick play in the book, and I swear we saw every one.
Speaker 5: Of them today.
Speaker 4: They ran lateral pat to double passes, they were in reverse passes, they threw back screens to the quarterback. It was just a tremendous game plan. I thought they didn't run out of tricks.
Speaker 3: They turned the Bengals defense every which way but loose.
Speaker 2: It really did they Wow.
Speaker 4: They were flying around, but they were going the wrong direction sometimes and that's again that hurts, and it's a one step that's coach said, you're you're one step away from making the play. And then all of a sudden they were able to get that pass off and throw it backside to a screen to the quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Caleb Williams he catches two passes yea for a touchdown.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it was crazy, it really, this was just a wild game, Bruce, And it was like it was almost reminded me of Flag football.
Speaker 2: For a while.
Speaker 5: Well, there was not a lot of hit There was not a lot of tackling going on.
Speaker 3: Well and point all you hit to do is touch your pinky on the player and he's down. Yeah, okay after the interception, and that really helped the Bengals.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at Joe Flacco throwing for Feuner in seventy yards and the running game that's that ran so well last week thirty one yards.
Speaker 3: Well, two hundred and eighty three rushing yards for the Bears, forty six for the Bengals.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: And not only do they throw it a bunch, they ran out of a bunch the Bears.
Speaker 5: It was. It was the six hundred or five hundred and fifty total yards.
Speaker 3: Offense, five seventy.
Speaker 5: Six, it was. It was just unbelievable. Look a track meet.
Speaker 4: Every time they got on the field, it was up and down the field.
Speaker 3: You're right, let's go out to the phones. Mark is in Florence High Mark.
Speaker 12: Yeah, how's it going.
Speaker 13: I just wanted to make three points about the game. I thought the momentum changed when when Chase Brown dropped that.
Speaker 14: Pass oh yeah, early in the game.
Speaker 13: And then the big the big one was that when that missfield goal happened and the dj ivy was outside, I thought.
Speaker 7: That was a big game changer right there.
Speaker 13: And and the last point I'm gonna make, even with that completion to the tight end at the end of the game, if you tackle him, get him on the ground, and don't because they were running out of time.
Speaker 7: That field goal kicker was struggling the whole game.
Speaker 11: He missed two field goals. So my my thing.
Speaker 13: Was get him on the ground, make that kicker beat you with his leg, because it wasn't no guarantee he was gonna make it. And Jordan Battle was just he just put his shoulder into him. He didn't wrap him up and trying to tackle.
Speaker 4: So I'm not I'm not even going to go so far as to say they needed to get that guy on the ground. If they'd got the guys on the ground earlier in the game, you know, if they stopped and drive earlier in the game, maybe there's not fifty seconds left.
Speaker 13: I mean, this particular game, I don't blame Zach the coach on them losing it. I think you just have to point the finger all on that defense. That defense just didn't get the job done.
Speaker 12: At no point in the game.
Speaker 13: And then those penalties, you know, the Bengals kind of you know, kind of beat themselves. So I'll get off and listen to the rest of the show.
Speaker 5: I know we had a we had the holding penalty or any game.
Speaker 7: Sad we here, Bob Trump, he passed away.
Speaker 4: Pass interference that we have. We weren't close enough to get a pass interference.
Speaker 3: Well, and Demetrius Knight with the illegal hands. Yeah, and I thought it was kind of a tickie tack clawtack.
Speaker 2: But still that kept that drive going and they scored.
Speaker 4: Now, you might see that kind of call earlier in the game to let everybody know we're calling it tight today. Don't get handsy and h then you didn't see at the rest of the game.
Speaker 2: And Bruce, how often don't we see it?
Speaker 3: This happened in the Super Bowl down in Miami where at the Chicago Bears ran back the opening kickoff for a touchdown and then Peyton Manning goes out and beats him for the Colts.
Speaker 2: But anyway, and.
Speaker 3: That was my thought, Yeah, great for Charlie Jones, that was awesome. Ninety eight yards a lightning bolt right out of the gate, and that caused the the time of possession to be really skewed and the number of snaps too.
Speaker 2: By the Bengals conversession.
Speaker 4: The conversation was about, you know, they won, They won the toss and elected to kick offf they wanted. They deferred, they wanted the ball start of the second half because they get the potential pre pre half and post half score, which they they got. But then we returned the opening kickoff and that supposedly so shoots that theory the heck.
Speaker 5: You know, but it didn't. It didn't. It haunted us, it really did.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: Let's go back out to the phones. Keith is in Muncie. Hey, Keith, Hello, Yes.
Speaker 7: Sir, Hey, good day to you. I wish you the best as you.
Speaker 12: Want to tell you you're one of the legends of radio.
Speaker 3: You are.
Speaker 12: You belong in the Hall of Fame, your voice. But I mean, just like the guy from Louisville Radio up here in Fort Wayne.
Speaker 14: But want to tell you that it's like your if, like your defense and your your coach is bought off.
Speaker 12: I don't understand it. And I mean, you guys are good, but I just don't understand why they fall on their faith.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm.
Speaker 12: Sorry for UC for falling the other day over there, Utah. You know I've followed you guys all the time, but that's just like the Rids and the Sin today at Bengals. I have so much faith in you guys. Hell, you want to know the truth, I could buy almost either team all by myself. You want to know the truth. I could buy them. But you guys are good, and I'm sorry for what you have to have to deal with.
Speaker 3: Well, Ken, we appreciate it, We appreciate the call, Thank you very much. Bengals fans are frustrated, They're angry, they're upset. They have every reason to be angry and upset. You can't lose at home. And now they're two and three at home, and they've lost six out of seven games.
Speaker 4: And now the frustration of a bye week, coming off two horrible losses eighty points in two games and you're zero and two. The fans are gonna gel on, are gonna sit on this for for another two weeks before the game and won't be home, and so who knows in the time period it takes for them to get home. It's it's it's gonna be a long period of time.
Speaker 3: Hey, we've got to take a break, but we're gonna come back with another Bengals legend when we return. This is Chick Ludwig alongside Bruce Kazerski, and you're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL carriers live from Wings and Rings and Oakley on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati ESPN fifteen thirty. Welcome back to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL carriers Bruce Kazerski, Chick Ludwig, and we are live at the Wings and Rings, Oakley, forty six to fifteen, Factory Colony Lane. Bengals fall forty seven to forty two to the Chicago Bears. Today in the Bears turn pay Course Stadium into their own personal playground. And on the phone right now with us former Bengals.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: From special teams to wide receiver, He did it all, Mike Martin, Mike, Welcome to seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: We love you much.
Speaker 10: What's going on, Chicken, because how you guys doing?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 2: All right, Mike, We're hanging in there.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 14: Let me tell you something coming from Chicago.
Speaker 9: You guys know that's where I live now, Yes, sir, I was back before.
Speaker 5: We got here.
Speaker 9: I'm talking trash all week by what by what was going to happen? I get in town yesterday, I go out to a couple events the Bears fans. They got five buses.
Speaker 13: People in a club.
Speaker 9: I walked in with Big Kid on and I almost thought I was back in Chicago. That's how I mean, that's how many.
Speaker 5: Bears fans that there were.
Speaker 9: But oh, listen, I'm so frustrated. And I know, you know. I was with a couple of guys, a couple of former players to day, and everyone's frustrated. Man, you cannot play defense the way these guys are playing defense.
Speaker 7: You just can't.
Speaker 9: You cannot win any games. You can't bump people anymore. This is a physical game. You gotta rap. I told someone, I don't know what they do throughout the week. I know it's not real physical practices and all that kind of stuff and hitting and tackling. They have to get back to fundamentals. They have to get They need to bring out a tackling dummy and have every defensive player hit and wrap the dummy and take the dummy to the ground because for the last couple of weeks, that's all that's been happening. They think they can bump a guy and expect the cat of fall and it's just ridiculous.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 9: I had friends from all over the country calling me after the game, Mike, the Bengals are embarrassment, and I'm like, well, you know, I said, I'm not gonna totally say that. I said, I said, offense is putting up some points, but they still you know, offense still making a little small mistakes as well. But and defensively, they gotta get back to fundamentals of chocolate, that's all.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The gap control is just brutal. We saw this Manongae just slither through, you know, like a shot through the defensive line.
Speaker 4: That's that's that all pro Monogae, the future Hall of Famer in Mononga.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right. And they brought in a guy. They brought in a guy that they they just brought up from the practice squad, and he went two carries for thirty yards.
Speaker 15: But it's read.
Speaker 9: But yeah, I'm talking about angles. They're taking bad angles. They're they're losing contained that stuff you learned in college.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they're drafted. They're drafted to not do that right?
Speaker 16: Right?
Speaker 9: How you lose containing when you know that's one of your only responsibilities. If if, if you, if you have contains, stay outside, put your show on the outside, stay out there. These guys a different in different inside, and folks is running right around them.
Speaker 4: TV's are coming inside. They did it all last week to the dvs to coming inside.
Speaker 5: That block in.
Speaker 3: Life was There was a play when when Briton Brown ranch with the twenty two yard touchdown to make a thirty one to twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Okay, the announcers pointed.
Speaker 3: It out the Bengals defensive line they were slanting to the weak side and the Bears were overloaded on the right side.
Speaker 5: That's That's what I'm talking about. Scheme wise.
Speaker 4: How could you either somebody made the wrong call or or they just are are coach to do that and it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. They're constantly overad to the wrong side.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and when those kinds of things happen, man, it makes you wonder do you have confident players on the team or, like you guys said, are they being coached wrong?
Speaker 16: Something something has a.
Speaker 9: Change, you know.
Speaker 16: I don't think they go.
Speaker 9: You know, it's hard to figure out if they even got a shout of getting in playoffs. Uh, but something has to change because if this continues, the Bengals defense will be the laughing stock of the NFL. This game is going to be talked about on every major network for the rest of the week until Thursday.
Speaker 5: Night for two weeks. They don't play again for a while, two.
Speaker 7: Weeks, right, that's true, that's true.
Speaker 9: And now they got to sit back and hear all this stuff.
Speaker 2: For two weeks.
Speaker 3: Losing the next week, it feels like two or three weeks.
Speaker 2: Go bye week.
Speaker 3: Coming on two losses, it's gonna feel like a month, like a month.
Speaker 9: Yes, And the thing is the best thing these guys can do, you know, to get their minds back. Go home, wherever you live, go home, go home, and come back with.
Speaker 7: A fresh with a fresh fresh.
Speaker 9: Mind, so you can get down to tackling any strapping up and tackling.
Speaker 3: Eight straight games giving up twenty seven points.
Speaker 5: Well, no, there was a and you were you were part of this mic.
Speaker 4: There was a period of time when we were when Browning was the quarterback and everybody was throwing their their hands up in the air about how poorly the offense was performing, and they were they own they had to own it. But at the same time, was the defense doing a whole lot better? And it was it was so bad offense will be that nobody even paid much attention to how poorly the defense was playing. We constantly put them in bad situations and they weren't answering the bell at all. You know, they were giving up touchdowns and and so here we are now here all the nine games in the regular season, and now it's it's come to a head, Like you say, something.
Speaker 5: Has to happen.
Speaker 10: Here's the thing.
Speaker 15: Let me tell you this real quickly.
Speaker 9: If I'm a defensive coach, is exactly what I do, and you cant sugarcoat it. I'm pulling up the field and cause you know how Bruce and the beat of the coaches and off of the coaches would play one play for about ten minutes and go down the line and look at everybody's position, look at what you're doing, Look at this, look at your footwork, look at this, look at your attack. They need to do that all next.
Speaker 4: Week, you know what, Then they can take one game and make a highlight film of what not to do.
Speaker 5: Exactly comes a tackling.
Speaker 17: Exactly because Eric, I guarantee you every last player on that field pretty much is an example of what you don't do.
Speaker 16: And here's the thing I'm gonna tell you guys this.
Speaker 11: I left the stadium.
Speaker 9: I left the stadium when they were down by fourteen.
Speaker 15: I'm yeah, right.
Speaker 9: I get to the car and I say, okay, binge, okay, bingers went down the score. If they go down the score, maybe they can get the doll side kick. Boom, they got the downside kick. I'm like, okay, now they.
Speaker 6: Can put themselves in a position and win the game.
Speaker 15: They go right down the field, score, win the game, and I'm thinking, okay, uh uh, the other team has the ball now, so so first.
Speaker 9: Down nothing, second down nothing. By this time, I'm in the car listen to any radio.
Speaker 7: The radio goes out.
Speaker 15: I don't know what happened.
Speaker 7: The radio goes Who's out.
Speaker 9: When it comes back in, uh laughing and saying, yeah that was that was a great touchdown.
Speaker 10: Fifty a young Chicago, I'm.
Speaker 9: Like, what, wait, wait a minute, fifty year.
Speaker 15: I just saw it not too long ago.
Speaker 9: I just saw what happened, and I was almost sick to my stomach.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what, it would have been better.
Speaker 4: It would have been better to be down by by like uh two points and making and had the Bengals slow play and kicking field goal to win that game rather than having to have a touchdown as they had to have a touchdown.
Speaker 5: They made a big play.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, now you put Now you put us in position to have to play defense again.
Speaker 3: And Mike, I hate to cut you off. We've reached the.
Speaker 2: Bott with the aller By.
Speaker 14: I just want to listen.
Speaker 16: I just want to I just want to say hello.
Speaker 7: To you guys.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 9: I listen to you guys at Chicago.
Speaker 15: So y'all do a great job.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you, Mike, thank you so much. Wow. All right, you're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers.
Speaker 2: That was Mike.
Speaker 3: Martin in studio here at Wings and Rings in Oakley, Bruce Kazerski and Chick Ludwig on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty. You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers post game sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. He's Bruce Kazerski, this is Chick Ludwig and we are live at Wings and Rings, Oakley forty six fifteen Factory Colony Lane. We're here till eight thirty tonight, and this is the place to vent five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand, one, eight hundred, the big one. Let's go out to the phones and welcome in. Is this touchdown? Tommy and Milford?
Speaker 16: What do you need to say?
Speaker 6: Their check there?
Speaker 16: It's like somebody you know.
Speaker 3: Yes it was.
Speaker 2: It was like, you know, it was like last week was bad? Can we top it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We topped it this week again.
Speaker 5: Now it's gonna take up two weeks to make it better.
Speaker 16: Yes, it's pretty it's pretty hard to do, Okay. I think we're making it way too complicated. If you can't stop the run, you ain't gonna beat nobody. I mean, that's just the way it is. And I think the last Pro Bowl guy we had on defense was Atkins. So let's look at what's going on with with Tobin and what they've been drafting. I think part of the problem is they don't have the players on the field that can play this particular scheme. So whether you can change the scheme or you can't change the players quickly. But these guys ain't getting it. They're making the I mean even battle. On the last play, Hey, you know what they're trying to do. You're gonna go twenty yards try to get a field goal. He's playing thirty yards day he was trying to play against a touchdown. I thought what they were trying to play? What they're playing for? A freaking he caught that right in front? Well hell did decide to wrap up nothing tackling tackling iss have that mental idea. Let me tell you this crap wouldn't be going on in Pittsburgh. Them guys would be out of here. They don't put up with that nonsense. This defense is saw no tackling, arm tackled. Nobody tackles the leg. That guy's five foot seven to two oh five and everybody's trying to try to tackle him on his up by shoulder pad. Why didn't somebody game around his freaking legs? Stoppers?
Speaker 11: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: The two hundred and thirty third overall pick in the draft out of Rutgers, Oh my gosh, what are the running backs doing there?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 3: Pacheco a seventh rounder in This guy managay, He's unbelievable, twenty six carries one hundred and seventy six yards six point eight a pop long game of thirty nine and gush. DeAndre Swift is uh is injured. This guy looks like Barry Sanders.
Speaker 16: Right, I mean, I don't know how bit I think. I think since they've got the smallest scouting department, which is part of the problem too. You can't constantly look at PFF and figure out who you need to be drafting. You've got to be close to these guys. You've got to know what they can do. You've got to know how they really are. I mean, are you look back at our drafting. Our drafting in the last ten years has been pathetic. Outside of Higgins, Chase and Burrow, the rest of them, I don't think I can name one that's made an impact. You've got Miles Murphy, You've got Jordan Battle, I can go Dack's Hill, I go for them all. There's not a Pro Bowl option in there at all. If I was starting his defense over, I'm not sure I'd be able to hold any of them.
Speaker 4: Agreed, I thought, yeah, And then then uh, you know there's new UH flyers go out mail looking to solicit new tickets for next year. Get prices has gone up, and you know, uh someone told me that they had called the uh the ticket's office about their the price of their tickets and they said, well, you guys want us to sign Jamar Chase and and Joe Burrow and t Higgins and uh and Hendricks. You know, where's the money coming from. We gotta we gotta raise the prices, you know. And and that's the bottom line, you do. But you know, at the same time, these guys that aren't those four or five guys are are making a lot of money.
Speaker 5: You know, they're not Type one.
Speaker 4: I was watching a replay on the board because where it was sitting, we had a good view of the board that the pile was moving, you know, they running back in the scrum and.
Speaker 5: He's moving and and Battle comes in.
Speaker 4: He has a chance to take the legs of the running back out and he like jumps into the pile like he's a you know, jumping to the ball pit at the boys r us instead of taking the legs out, knocking the whole pile down, and they got four or five more yards out of it.
Speaker 16: Yeah, he just kept frustrating.
Speaker 2: Kept moving forward. He just kept moving forward, didn't he.
Speaker 16: Oh but every since DJ Reider, you know, laugh, we've got nobody in the middle that can move the defense of an offensive line. I mean those offensive line guys for the last two weeks, I mean they're pushing us back four yards. There's nobody hitting these running backs for for a good six yards. You're right, they're gett hitting them backfield.
Speaker 4: They brought in a two guys in the last few years that were run stuffers where they came from, and uh, it's not helping they I mean they got the guy from.
Speaker 2: The Packers, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: And then they got the guy before that from the Patriots. Big was it? U?
Speaker 3: I think the Jags Jag Yeah, the Jags.
Speaker 5: And and uh it hasn't helped so.
Speaker 15: Well.
Speaker 16: I mean, I mean, and they weren't great players. I mean they were role players, you know at Green Bay. And I mean, guess what I mean, we can't be picky. But on the other hand, I don't think we're I don't think we're we're not getting more out of these players. I mean, it's one thing getting a player and be able to coach them up. There's none a coaching up. These guys are flatlined. You're getting negative.
Speaker 4: Yeah, getting coaches have to coach, you don't have to get more out of them. And if that's not happened, there's disconnect.
Speaker 5: I totally agree.
Speaker 16: I totally agree.
Speaker 14: We'll let you go.
Speaker 16: I know there's a bunch of others that need to be on the couch and talking about this with therapy, you know. But I appreciate you guys taking my call back.
Speaker 3: All right to exactly Steve guys, he loves his Virginia Cavaliers.
Speaker 5: How about that going on.
Speaker 16: Break the top ten. We're gonna be there.
Speaker 3: Oh man, awesome, Say hi to your son for us. Appreciate you, my friend. All right, thank you very much. We got to take a break. We'll come back to take your calls. You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealer's post game Sports Talk presented by RNL carriers were live at the Wings and Rings Oakley right here on seven hundred WLW in Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Try States.
Speaker 3: Sheevy Dealers post game Sports Talk presented RNL Carriers. This is Chick Ludwig alongside Bruce Kazerski and we are live at the Wings and Rings in Oakley and we're breaking down the bengals forty seven to forty two loss to the Chicago Bears today. Well, Bruce, let's review the delivery of the game brought to you by RNL Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make RNL Carriers your global transportation provider. How about the forty four yard touchdown reception by the incredible Chi Higgins.
Speaker 4: I couldn't believe that was from my perspective. I thought there's no way. And even if you listen to Flaco in the post game, he says he just threw that ball up there because he had man coverage and he's fully expected to be incomplete out of bounser or knocked down, And sure enough he came down with them catch you. We're right at the top of him. It was one of the greatest catches you'll see.
Speaker 3: It came just seventeen seconds after Cairo Santos's field goal, the Bears a seventeen to thirteen lead, and here Higgins is with a buck twelve to go before halftime, forty four yards.
Speaker 2: The coverage was like draped all over him.
Speaker 3: There was a flag on the play against the defense, and he went up and somehow caught that that football.
Speaker 2: It kept going.
Speaker 4: The second touchdown was just as good. The one he caught and rolled into the ends on that one side. Yes, yeah, that's the one that they got in. The judge on that side said it was down at the one yard mind, that's exactly right. It's crazy. Yeah, what a day for Tea.
Speaker 2: It really was.
Speaker 3: And nine targets, seven catches for one hundred and twenty one yards as seventeen point three yard average with that long game of forty four touchdown.
Speaker 4: Everybody that caught the ball today had huge plays, you know. I mean, you don't throw the ball for four in the seven yards and have a lot of big plays. But you can't stop anybody. That's that's the problem. And what's enough? How you you got to score every time he had the ball. You feel like if you if you have to punt, you throw on the game away.
Speaker 3: Both teams only punted one time. Incredible, but once again, that was the delivery of the game brought to you by RNL Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make RNL Carriers your global transportation provider.
Speaker 2: Let's go back out to the phones. We've got Mike and Jerry Grove.
Speaker 14: Mike, Hey, no need to rehash all the Uh yeah, how you doing?
Speaker 18: Uh?
Speaker 16: No need to rehead most of what happened out there because it's a broken record.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 19: Couple things I saw that. I thought Orlando Brown was an All Pro. He got knocked on his butt by a guy that's.
Speaker 20: Smaller name on that stumble.
Speaker 5: Two guys there, you think you'd.
Speaker 19: Be pumped up you can't make the tackle.
Speaker 14: But real quick, a couple of things.
Speaker 10: You can tell me what you.
Speaker 19: Think the off side on the missfield goal. That guy's head was almost completely across the line. Don't can't they tell when they're lined up off side?
Speaker 14: They couldn't believe that?
Speaker 19: DJ Yes, another thing, I hope I don't hear any more talk about Burrow coming back because.
Speaker 14: There's no need for that.
Speaker 11: And I'm looking at.
Speaker 19: The schedule and you think it's bad, now, it's gonna get worse. The Steelers, they'll kill them. I think the pages in them. But then they got the Ravens, Bills Ravens, those guys are licking their chopped You you talk about yardage, now.
Speaker 16: Wait till they play those guys.
Speaker 19: I don't think they can win another game unless it's trash games at the end of the year. Maybe maybe the Cardinals, maybe the Browns.
Speaker 6: But good season's toast.
Speaker 19: There's not too much reason to talk about anymore unless you just like pain. Thanks a lot, man.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're Cincinnati fans.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 2: We have endured our share.
Speaker 5: We are resilient. We are resilient.
Speaker 4: And you know, if you come down to the stadium to watch offense, you know, Joe Joe Flacko and the boys have given us offense. Yeah, I think it's a it's a great opportunity. Now the defense has improved. We can go through that over and over and over. Ornando Brown has had a tough, tough goal over lately and and he needs to play better. And and that was a frustration that like probably calls that fight. You know, he got bold rushed in the cause of fumble and uh, the next play got pressured. And you know, he's got a prize. He's a prideful guy. He's had a great history. I don't know what's going on with his technique or or what, but he's obviously working hard.
Speaker 5: But it's not painting out.
Speaker 2: Hey, do we have Tenny in Westchester.
Speaker 14: Thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 5: So here's my point.
Speaker 21: I am waiting for Zach to be honest in his press conference after a game like this one and say the defense sucks.
Speaker 6: They are horrible. They can't tackle.
Speaker 21: I mean that last take it down to you know, I give all the credit to our special teams and the offense Joe Flacco.
Speaker 5: God blessed Joe Flacco.
Speaker 21: They got them in the position to win this game at the end of the end of the game. And what happened. They get down to the end of the game and they're that final pass play by the Bears and there had to be at least three Bengals around that dude, and none of them can tackle that guy. Are you kidding me? I mean the tackling on this team is terrible. It's terrible.
Speaker 4: Now, well, I think on the first thing about Zach, he can come out and say I mean, some coaches will come right out and say it publicly. Uh, He's he's a player's coach, and he's he's not going to dress people down in public. What he says behind the scenes, we don't know. And I think I think that's his way of handling this type of thing. But it's gonna come down on him, you know, that's the bottom line. It's gonna come down on the head coach and his assistance if something doesn't change quickly. And then as good as they are offensively and as good as an offense can play. Obviously, Joe Burrow is a big loss, but Flacco is outperforming all expectations. And where would this team be without Joe Flacco? These games wouldn't be close, you know, in terms of playing these opponents, the Steelers and the Ravens. Their defense hasn't been a whole lot better than ours. They've just got some good triggerment on the other Sideble.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's incredible, yeahs old.
Speaker 21: And he's playing this game on an injury, a painful injury, and what he threw for damn near five hundred yards offense?
Speaker 12: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: Yep? Yeah?
Speaker 4: And then and then, and that's that's part of the problem is is as good as he is throwing from the pocket, he's not a mobile guy. And so when you're a pass rusher, you're coming after the quarterback. You know where Joe's gonna be, you know, And and so that makes everybody's on the offensive line's job more difficult because you know where the guy is. He's gonna throw it quick. He's gonna get it to the open receiver if he has time, and they just there were times they didn't give him any time.
Speaker 21: He blew to this game. They lost this game. Everybody on the defense needs to pay Joe Flacco like one hundred grand out of their pay because the way he played this game and they lost this game for his effort.
Speaker 5: I'm going to.
Speaker 3: Slather repeat right and appreciate the call there, Thank you very much. And gosh, look at a Caleb Williams here. He was the elusive butterfly. Five rushes fifty three yards, that's ten point six yards six per Okay, he was twenty of thirty four throwing for two hundred and eighty yards. He was sacked twice, three touchdowns, including the long game on the final fifty eight yarder, and he caught two passes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's rare. That's a rare combination.
Speaker 3: Just incredible for twenty two yards and a touchdown.
Speaker 4: And watching and watching the game. Though he wasn't sitting in the pocket, the defense, the line got a lot of pressure. They forced him to scramble all over the place, but they never were able to get him on the ground or take away his vision from the downfield, and so as he scrambled around a lot more time and then you can't cover anybody for eight seconds. Actually in any league. Absolutely you got pressure that forced him to scramble, and that that's a no go. You got to keep him in the pocket. You get no pressure. He stands around there and looks. So something has to change in the scheme of things that we go after him more. You know, Hendrickson back, who knows. But in the next two weeks, they got two weeks to fix the problem.
Speaker 3: And we've reached the top of the hour break and you're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers post game Sports Talk presented by RNL carriers Chick Ludwig alongside Bengals legendary offensive lineman Bruce Kazerski. And we are live at Wings and Rings, Oakley forty six fifteen Factory Colony Lane till eight thirty tonight on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 1: This is the Tri Stage Chevy Dealer's postgame Sports Talk live from Buffalo Wings and Rings, presented by r and L Carriers. Postgame sports talk is prompt to you in part by Pellow Windows and Door making life brighter, Pello now Pay Later Carrier and your local carrier dealers turned to the experts Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tave Sheldon five one three five one three, top h Postman Law Injured call eight four to four Postman Others promise Postman delivers R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make rn L Carriers your global transportation provider, and by your Tri State Chevy Dealers the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for nine straight years.
Speaker 5: And now post games sports Talk.
Speaker 3: We are live at Wings and Rings in Oakley forty six fifteen Factory Colony Lane, and you're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealer's post game sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. This is Chick Ludwig and I'm alongside Bengals legend Bruce Kazerski. If we're breaking down the Bengals forty seven to forty two loss to the Chicago Bears lack a wrecking ball. Mike Mills' are awesome. On site engineer Joe Waddell producing back in our Kenwood Studios, wings Burgers, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, drink specials, wings and rings, has it all. We're here till eight thirty tonight and you're invited. And if you.
Speaker 2: Can't make it, give us a call.
Speaker 3: Five one, three, seven, four nine, seven thousand, one eight hundred, the Big One.
Speaker 2: This is the place to vent.
Speaker 3: And Bruce and I are talking off the air about all the different disastrous games. The Bengals lost to the San Francisco forty nine ers trying to run out the cruise, and that Eric Thomas gets lit up by Jerry Rice. And then we launched Brett Farve's career in Green Bay. Gosh, Carl Pickens runs back a punt for a touchdown his rookie year. They knocked on Mkowski out of the game, and on comes this second year dude who got traded from Atlanta in the offseason, Brett Favre, and he throws the touchdown pass to Kitch Taylor in the final minute.
Speaker 5: I've been there, I've been there, done that.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then the Kansas City game, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: It just you're crazy. Denver in Cincinnati, Denver and Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Leon Hall bats the ball but he goes up in the air and the Denver receiver grabs it right after Cedric Benson scored a touchdown, and the dude goes like with nobody else left, nobody, nobody's there, tips it up seventy yards seventy yards and he kind of walks along the one yard line to burn some more clock and then steps into the end zone and just like that, you're shocked. So the Bengals masters of disasters today was another one.
Speaker 2: How can you give up forty seven points?
Speaker 4: Well, just come to Cincinnati. It's it's it's it's really, it's really a shame. I don't doubt these guys are giving it what they got, but they're what they got is not good enough. They're not tackling well enough. And again it's not just a recent issue. It's been the whole progressive season, and we just it sticks out now that you're scoring so many points, to score eighty points in two weeks and still still lose both games.
Speaker 3: And my partner here, Bruce Kazerski, he talked about it when he first came into the store tonight that the Bengals had a defensive meeting, so you knew they were gonna come out and showed great energy. They're running around, they're flying around, and what does Caleb Williams do? He takes advantage of their aggressiveness. They are running the Bengals every which way but loose double pass throw back. Oh, Caleb Williams catches a touchdown?
Speaker 5: Will he catches two passes today?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's playing too.
Speaker 5: They took advantage of our meeting.
Speaker 3: Yes, took advantage of yes, yes.
Speaker 5: You gotta.
Speaker 4: They came out flying and the defense was flying. They were gonna make plays at all the best intentions, and then they took advantage of us slowed us down. And then you see the same over again. Once they slowed us down. You see the same thing over and over and over.
Speaker 3: Well, let's highlight the drive of the game. Bruce, brought to you by the BMW Store. They're over three hundred and fifty BMW centers in the United States, but there's only one store, the BMW Store where Passion loves Company. Well, how about right after the on sidekick recovery, the Bengals drive six plays fifty seven yards. It only took forty nine seconds and Joe Flacco, whoop, not your touchdown? Passed to Andre Joseavash and then the extra point by Evan McPherson, giving the Bengals a forty two to forty one lead with fifty four.
Speaker 2: Seconds to go.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a miracle win, No, and then it wasn't.
Speaker 5: That's what I said at that point.
Speaker 4: If they'd only been down by two points, they will have taken all that time off the clock and sell it for a field goal to win the game. But you can't do that when you're down a touchdown. You gotta score when you can. Big play, big play, what little plays, big play, whatever it is. And we left fifty seven seconds or so on o'clock and that was too many.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right.
Speaker 10: And uh.
Speaker 3: Colston Loveland from the University of Michigan, a rookie, he has a career day, and it happens against the Cincinnati Bengals. We're becoming like everyone's home coming. That's what it's starting to feel like.
Speaker 5: I'm looking up Cole Comett. He had a field day as well.
Speaker 3: Colston Loveland seven targets, six catches, one hundred and eighteen yards nineteen point seven per two touchdowns, including the long of fifty eight yards, and once again, Bruce Kazerski.
Speaker 2: The Bengals get burned and murdered by a tight end.
Speaker 4: Awful Cole Commet he had an It only said one here. I thought he had several big ones. It was the other guy. Yeah, yeah, Colston love one and just yet brutal. You know you're taking away from receivers. I get it, but that tight end is another in this league, tight ends are great receivers and you got to find a way to handle that. They're bigger fellas, so maybe they don't want to hit him. I don't know, but but this this is just not going to get we get it done, and it's is it more and more discipin this morning every week and the fans leave more and more frustrated every week, and you know, it's just it's just not good for business.
Speaker 2: Let's go out to the phones.
Speaker 3: Is Aaron from Greenville still with us?
Speaker 22: Hi, guys, it's good to good to talk with you tonight. Always good to be on with chicken, Bruce. I want to start with one thing. First off, we need to get Jim breaching in the Ring of Honor. He's a he's one of the brigals, legends. Always always good to hear him when he's on the postgame show. But the unfortunate part about the last two weeks is this what we've signed up for. You know, We've we've invested a ton of our cap space into offense and have no cap space to put into any defensive players. And we're playing a bunch of young guys. I mean today, I'm I'm at the game today as a season ticket holder, and we're looking up on the Bengals roster some of the defensive guys that are on the field. So our inability to tackle is a direct reflection of our inability to pay defensive players.
Speaker 4: Completely agree, There's there's a lot of money and invested in a handful of guys, and uh, I mean, these other guys aren't making chump change. Don't get me wrong. Uh they were. They were drafted to play defense in the NFL, and that means they must be pretty good and they're just not tackling right now.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter whether minim.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I agree with that completely, But when when when you've got you when you have the opportunity to buy a paid you know, a proven commodity that you've seen prove themselves in the NFL, versus that risk of the draft. You know, the draft is always a risk when you're when when you're drafting guys, you never really know if they're going to be a quality NFL player. And you know what, let's go to Logan Wilson for for for three years, he's as good as a linebacker as we've got, and here recently he can't tackle, you know, and he's he's one of the guys we've invested money in. Orlando Brown today was it was embarrassing to watch some of those defensive those defensive ends push him around. I mean, that's that's that guy was supposed to be an answer we've got. We've got sixteen million dollars invested in in a in a left tackle that gets thrown around like a rag doll. He's getting used as a weapon, he's getting thrown on our quarterback. At what point? At what point do we start talking about we've invested too much money in an offense that scores a bunch of points. It's fun to look at It's like buying a Ferrari but not really looking under the hood to see if it's got any of the part that are going to win win the game and and our defensively, we we scored eighty points in two weeks, and we were walking away of that stadium disappointed both weeks because we can't stop anybody. Jamar Chase said it in the locker or in the hallway walking out today. One Efen he actually said the word, but one Efen stopped. We didn't get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, our offense is a ferrari. Our defense is a galope.
Speaker 5: It's that that.
Speaker 22: Galope, whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 4: You know, that was that was important to negotiate a part of it. Everybody's everybody's wanting Jamar and t and and Joe and and uh, all these guys under big buck contracts. They wanted to stay in town. And that's just the way the league is structured anymore, you know. But but you know, you got to find some money for the defensive side of the ball. The revenue sharing eye and I don't know what the what the salary cap is and how it's going to affect us the rest of the way. But like you said, Orlando Brown's having a bad couple of weeks here, if not more, and something's got to change. He's a guy that was brought in here to solve problems. And uh right now that that's that's a lot of the that's the best pass rushers on that side.
Speaker 5: He was here and here's brought here to solve.
Speaker 2: It and Aaron, we got to run. Appreciate the call.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, appreciated, Thank you. Thank You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by R and L Carriers.
Speaker 2: We're live at Wings and Rings and Oakley.
Speaker 3: Forty six fifteen Factory Colony Lane until eight thirty tonight. Chick Ludwig alongside Bruce Kazerski seven hundred WLW at Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. This is Jick Ludwig. I'm alongside my good friend and Bengals legend Bruce Kozerski, and we are live at Wings and Rings and Oakley on Factory Colony Lane. We're here till eight thirty tonight, and this is the place to vent taking your calls. Let's go out to the phones. We got is this.
Speaker 2: Bill and Dayton?
Speaker 20: Yeah, that's me, thanks guys. All right, Bill, Bill's a burn building on an earlier caller, how about we and the defense from posing and flexing and performing on plays five thousand dollars per occurrence until after their next win.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Don't you love it when a guy makes a play and they pose and then they get burned on the next play. Yeah, it's the game.
Speaker 20: Yeah, show some colass and play the game. Yeah, that's all I got to think.
Speaker 3: Right, all right, appreciate it. Jeff is in Dayton, the Jem City. Hi, Jeff, Okay, we've got Brooks in Southern Illinois.
Speaker 2: Brooks, what's going on?
Speaker 10: Hey, thanks thanking my call.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, family, I've had a long time with her.
Speaker 14: And my falls when I was in high school on forts Pump Trump.
Speaker 7: Love.
Speaker 2: Hey, Brooks, you're up.
Speaker 3: You're fading in and out, but you're exactly right. Bob Trumpy the Godfather, Okay. I got to interview him several times over the years. Loved him, absolutely loved him, and he had an edge to him, but man, the kindest heart, he really did. And he told just the greatest story about training camp. How Paul Brown had air conditioning in his room and Bob was able to secure what he called an air cooler and he was busted, but he was able to say, it's not an air conditioner, it's a air cooler that he got out of an addict from a woman's house that he knew, and just just awesome stuff. And he was a tight end, but a wide receiver. The dude could flank out. He had unbelievable speed and just a tremendous all around player. And yeah, early on in his career, I mean, Paul Is bringing players in left and right, flying them in, uh, working them out in Wilmington, giving him a bus ticket back to the airport. And man, the odds of Bob Trump he making it were minimal, and man, he convinced them. And then as a broadcaster, gosh, nobody better, nobody better.
Speaker 2: He's in the he's an enshrined in Canton.
Speaker 3: The Pro Football Hall of Fame as a broadcaster for the NFL.
Speaker 2: And just what a voice and what knowledge.
Speaker 23: Absolutely can you hear me any better?
Speaker 5: Now? Yes?
Speaker 23: Yes, okay, I've got a follow up question though about the current day Bengals.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 23: I like Bruce's analysis. So obviously the defense is our major problem. As we all know, I can't tackle, we can't get after the passer much. I can't get off the field on third down. You know everything, but there's one thing at the top of the list that the Steelers used against us, that the Jets used against this, that this game today was used against this, and that is simply defending the off tackle run to the right side, especially either the B gap or the C gap, either one. If they ran at one hundred times, they're going to get positive yards ninety nine times out of one hundred, and most of the time it's ten yards. So can you explain to us, Bruce, what is going on why we cannot defend that play?
Speaker 4: I had I had a very similar first thought when I when I was sitting out there watching the game today. They seem to be running so much to the offensive right side to our defensive left side.
Speaker 5: And you know, when you game plan.
Speaker 4: You scheme things up, you you kind of have your favorite places to run. You not only is it your matchups because of who you have playing on your right side, but it's also maybe the defense of who they have playing on their left side. And it might be that you really favor the matchup the last few weeks or the last three weeks, and you're seeing the same kind of result every every week, week in and week out.
Speaker 5: Today that that.
Speaker 4: First year player average seven yards of carried almost on the same type of same type of play.
Speaker 5: And again, yeah, you know what's coming.
Speaker 4: I'm sitting up there in the first row of the club. If they're thinking here it comes again, they gotta know what's coming.
Speaker 11: Seven.
Speaker 14: One other follow up, one other follow up.
Speaker 23: There to that last week after the Jets game, you mentioned that they would come out and be overloaded, uh, to one side, and it looked like we didn't adjust to that.
Speaker 4: They overloaded their formation, they brought another offensive lineman or they put two extra tight ends on that side, and we didn't adjust.
Speaker 23: Did they do that again today and not adjust?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 23: Well then, I mean this is not this is like football one on one. I mean, what's the problem there On the defensive coaching side.
Speaker 4: Well, you I guess they played on filling those holes with the linebackers and safeties.
Speaker 5: I mean we look at all that.
Speaker 4: No, it's not the safety. The safety led the team in tackles.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: But all the dbs hit all the tackles and that tells you right there they were busted through the line, and.
Speaker 5: Uh, they're in the second level before you can blink.
Speaker 23: That's right the second and they're getting blown off the line of scrimmage too. It seems like our defensive tackles aren't really helping us much. I don't think crazy, I don't know, Brooks.
Speaker 3: We got to run. We've reached the bottom of the hour break. Thank you so much. Hey, you're to the Tri State Chevy Dealers post game Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. He's Bruce Kazerski. This is Chick Ludwig. We're live in Wings and Rings in Oakley until eight thirty tonight on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty. You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. We're live at the Wings and Rings in Oakley Chick Ludwig alongside Bruce Kazerski, and we're talking Bengals football. They fall today forty seven to forty two to the Chicago Bears, so close to a miracle win to come back from fourteen down, outscoring Chicago fifteen zero in a matter of forty nine seconds, but they left enough time fifty four seconds left and Colston Loveland hauls in a fifty eight yard pass from Caleb Williams and two guys right there they bounce off of him.
Speaker 4: They need that block tackle. Instead of wrapping them up, they just block. You know, you give him to make him, make him make a field goal from there for crying out.
Speaker 2: Uh, absolutely, it just it hurts.
Speaker 3: And I finally got to see the final play because heck we're driving, you know, I'm driving to get here to Oakley and listening at the at the very end. So hey, do we have John in Cedarville still with us?
Speaker 14: Hello?
Speaker 19: Yeah, John, Yeah, John, go ahead, we'll be recorded good evening.
Speaker 11: Uh, rooms and get.
Speaker 5: Good evening, can you hear me? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes? What's on your mind?
Speaker 11: Hey listen? I just want to start off again another week, h Boker can't run without his feet and and then again you start off the game with a with with a run back. You're up seven nothing top the press out board is your defense? You know, seven nothing's enough to win the ball game. Oh you got to just go out and play defense, rest away and maybe shut him out. Then you go home with a victory.
Speaker 5: Yeah later yeah, yes, yeah, and.
Speaker 11: Then you got you got you got Flacoh he may just see the NFL Comeback Player of the Year this this season, and he's being overshadowed by a bad defense. I mean, come on, some guy's got to pick it up if it I mean here and you look at the rest of the schedule. I mean, you're either gonna lay them either they're gonna lay you out. But there's nothing intimidating left on that dag on schedule the rest of the season.
Speaker 3: Hey, the Baltimore Ravens are getting healthy, John. The Baltimore Ravens now have Lamar Jackson back, so they're going to be difficult.
Speaker 2: The Pittsburgh Steelers are waiting.
Speaker 3: They're waiting for the Bengals in a couple of weeks. And John, Hey, appreciate the call. You call us every week. We thank you. We've got to move on. Appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Austin Bob Trumpy real quick.
Speaker 11: I just want to say prayers to his family and and thank you Bob Trumpy for taking my first call to WLW Sports Talks mat before Chris Collins took over.
Speaker 3: Absolutely appreciate that. Thank you very much. Hey, We've got Mike in La. Mike, welcome back to seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Man. We love you.
Speaker 14: Well, you Chip don Donah Scottie May reincarnated.
Speaker 3: I see La, and all I can think of is the Dodgers beating Toronto.
Speaker 13: Oh.
Speaker 14: I didn't want to lead off with it, but man, I'm still in seventh freaking heaven. Brother, that's the best world series. That's the best world series we've had in many years.
Speaker 2: And what were you thinking?
Speaker 3: What were you thinking when pa Has basically slams into t k Hernandez It makes that catch.
Speaker 14: Unbelievable because Kek can always get it done, but pa Has is a gold glover. No, I was freaking out. I was most my pants.
Speaker 3: To be honest with you, Well, I didn't see who was named the MVP, but in my mind Yoshi Yama Moto. That dude was a absolute beast.
Speaker 14: That was the MVP, and well, well well deserved. But if it wasn't for our starting pitchers, we'd have never won that damn thing. So thank God for those fellows because we sure as hell couldn't hit. But I'm glad you brought it up because I still have a smile on my face. But it's somewhat diminish with the passing a Trump. You know, people don't realize this guy was a tremendous golf analyst on NBC for years.
Speaker 16: Oh and thank the football, football football.
Speaker 14: But like like he was saying earlier, Trump, Trump was very intelligent man, very intelligent man.
Speaker 3: And wepics for crying out loud. The guy was so versatile for for NBC.
Speaker 2: It was amazing.
Speaker 5: I did his homework. He was always prepared.
Speaker 14: Yes, yes, was he was around before you, right cause.
Speaker 4: Yes he was. He was doing radio in Cincinnati when I got here.
Speaker 14: Okay, well, yeah, I just want prayers out to his family. God love them. But I'm looking at the rest of this Bengal schedule, Fellas Heelers on the road after the buy Patriots at home, Ravens on the road, Bills on the road, Ravens at home, Dolphins there. You might win that one. Cards. I don't know if they can beat Arizona and then the Browns, who knows. I don't see many more wins, guys. I'm just sorry.
Speaker 3: I don't I agree with you, and I think the line went to six and a half, you know, over under six and a half. I'm not picking them to win seven games, not the way they're playing now.
Speaker 4: No, Well, it's the NFL, everybody, everybody on any given Sunday can win, and we've proven that we have the ability to lose, and even when we score forty two points, which should not happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's happened twice.
Speaker 14: Because with your Harold background and the great offensive lines you played with, how and then I know you got to go. How do you explain how things have kind of diminished with our drafting capabilities, our development capabilities. Do you have any insight into that?
Speaker 4: Cause, well, my offensive line, Anthony Munos was the only first round pick on it. We had two six to seven and I was a nine across the board. They don't even have they don't have that many many rounds anymore. But the coaches, it was a coaching They brought us along and made us players and made us play together. And we were healthy enough, fortunate enough to stay healthy for the entire period of time. And you know, these guys are transient because of the free agency markets and everything. They move in and out and it's hard to get that cohesiveness. And we seem to be playing much much better as an offensive line. But right now, defensively, you know, we couldn't tackle our way. You know, out of the box.
Speaker 18: Right now.
Speaker 5: Was the best, the best. Jim was the best line coach in this football absolutely.
Speaker 14: I mean I'm I'm a native Cincinnati.
Speaker 10: And born and raced and proud of it.
Speaker 14: But I've been in California for a long long time after Vietnam. But how do you Oh gosh, I always do this. I've lost my train of thought. I'm sorry, guys, thanks for the time. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I appreciate appreciate it. Mike, Yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: You just well, Scott Peters was doing doing a heck of a job because these guys. When the season started, it was a nightmare. You watched Joe Burrow run for his life until he finally got hurt.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: And then the first week that Flacca was in here, it wasn't a whole lot better. But all of a sudden, now we're running the ball, we're able to pass protect most of the time, and sometimes we've got to get some help. I don't know what happened with Orlando today because he didn't do that last week or the week before early in the season. Yes, it could be the matchup, could be that that player happened to have his number I'm not sure, but I know it has been better, and I we give a lot of respect to Scott Peters from his ability to get that out of those guys. Something has to happen on the other side of the ball. Though it's not the offensive uh collapse in the last few weeks. It's the defensive collapse. And you know that somehow the coach has got to get more out of them, and and and and scheme and whether it's schematic ley or or what, because there there's not not ugh not not enough success on that side of the ball.
Speaker 2: I can back to.
Speaker 3: One p one punt, one punt. I could just hear former defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer. You know, four guys and then the linebackers fill.
Speaker 2: The gas and.
Speaker 5: They're gaping holes.
Speaker 2: You saw what Manangae did today.
Speaker 4: They're running the stretch plays just so everybody knows they're running a stretch play, so they're they're getting a lot of lateral movement, and all they gotta do is get one guy out of his own one guy not clean in his in the proper hole, and there's a there's a hole there for the running back to get through. And then these guys are so powerful, it's difficult to make arm tackles.
Speaker 5: You gotta let what to them.
Speaker 4: You gotta shoulder pads and helmet down on there and get and get physical. And and I think sometimes we're reaching, especially on it's a safety coming down or a cornerback having to come up. I watched them run a jet sweep today, and you can see the motion coming. The defensive end on the other side of the ball is standing up. He has to see it coming. And yet he did not widen a split second, not a foot. You know, you're seeing the ball coming at you, you know, you don't widen the foot, and before you know what, the ball's around you, like you're surprised.
Speaker 3: Just crazy. You're right and off to the races. Yeah, and that's what this was today. It was back and forth, nine lead changes, over one thousand yards of total offense. I'm thinking the team that has the ball last is gonna win. And less than a minute to go, I tell you, the ball that bears.
Speaker 4: The Bears are going home wondering what the heck happened to their defense too, Yes, you know, and and and they're trying to figure out solve some problems because they're not gonna win a lot of games playing like they did. Uh, defensively, but you outscore somebody, you score forty seven points. I guess that's the number. It's not thirty nine, thirty eight, it's forty seven, that's right.
Speaker 3: And they were celebrating with a fourteen point lead and the ball and with like five and a half.
Speaker 2: Minutes to go, and it was a little too early.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it really was.
Speaker 3: All right, Hey, we've got to take another break. You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL carriers at Wings and Rings and Oakley seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty Welcome back to the Tri States Chevy Dealers Postgames Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers with your host Chick Ludwig and Bruce Kazerski talking Bengals football. They fall forty seven to forty two to the Chicago Bears after last week's thirty nine to thirty eight loss at home to the Jets.
Speaker 2: You just cannot lose home games like this, Bruce.
Speaker 3: And let's check the Guilty Windows Window of Opportunity brought to you by Guilty Windows. The key to quality windows is trusting the pros guilty windows.
Speaker 2: Well after Noah Fant catches.
Speaker 3: A twenty three yard pass from Joe Flacco, pulling the Bengals, and the two point conversion to t Higgins pulling the Bengals within forty one to thirty five with a minute forty three to go. It came down to definitely kneading the on side kick conversion.
Speaker 2: And the Bengals got it.
Speaker 5: They got it.
Speaker 3: The ball did not go ten yards, but it hit the ankle in the foot of a Chicago Bear and the Bengals jumped on it. What a pile I mean, it was about eight feet high with bodies unscramble it.
Speaker 2: The Bengals are on it, and they took advantage.
Speaker 3: That was their window of opportunity right there, and Joe Flacco his fourth touchdown pass of the day, a nine yarder to Andre Josevash with fifty four seconds to go. That was the window of opportunity brought to you by guilty windows. The key to quality windows is trusting the pros guilty windows. Unfortunately, Colston Lovelin went fifty eight yards.
Speaker 4: I left the stadium last week with ten and a half minutes up by fourteen.
Speaker 5: We lost.
Speaker 4: By the time I got to the car, I left with five minutes and we were down by that many points. I get to the parking lot and you can just barely see the jumbo drawing whatever's left. The crowd in the stadium roars. We scored a touchdown, make it six points, right, we on side kicked. They're going nuts again. Then we scored another touchdowns. I missed the entire game, I ship, you know, in the last five minutes. I missed the entire football game. And you know, we just saw those plays about the big screen here and it's like anytime the last play, the tight end down the middle, two guys our two safeties at the same time that are rapping, they just hit him.
Speaker 5: Now maybe he catches it.
Speaker 4: They they tackle him right there and they kick a field goal to win the game. You know what, That's a better way to go out than what happened.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's amazing that you uh that were talking about this, because when I was on the beat, they would you know, open up the uh you know, they would make an announcement in the press box, the elevator, you like, with five minutes to go, elevator, you get trapped in that elevator.
Speaker 2: You miss the final two three, four.
Speaker 3: Minutes of the game when it's decided, and I and I quit going down early.
Speaker 2: Because you miss so much.
Speaker 3: And I said, I'll wait until I know that the game is going to end, you know, And they send the elevator back up, and that's when we could get on the field the final couple minutes of a game.
Speaker 2: And uh, really.
Speaker 3: Before or they stand in the tunnel, sure, yeah, before nine to eleven. Really, yeah, you know, and then nobody was allowed you know, the field, so and you know this to Bruce. The final quarter of a game and near the end of the game, the speed of the game just heightens.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it seems to last forever. Yes, yeah, it seems.
Speaker 2: At last five minutes, it felt like an hour.
Speaker 5: An hour.
Speaker 2: It was brutal, brutal. It just was incredible.
Speaker 3: But the speed of the game is, uh, it was shock fans to be up that close seeing how fast it is.
Speaker 4: All for weeks, my son picked me up the same spot. We're standing on the corner waiting for him to come on and pick us up. Last week, you're saying you're not gonna believe it, You're not gonna believe it. You're not gonna believe it this week, calls him, You're not gonna believe this one. We came back, we got onside kick, we scored another touchdown.
Speaker 5: We're leading.
Speaker 2: My guys, yeah, my guys. Crazy. Hey.
Speaker 3: Just a reminder for fans out there that postgame sports talk is brought to you by M and P Logistics. From first down to final mile, M and P delivers, you can depend on it. Let's go out to the phones. We've got Don in Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Don Are you there?
Speaker 6: Am on?
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, Don, Yeah, yeah, Yeah, I from Nasville. But you said Cincinnatille. But okay, yeah, I just want to say thanks, became a call here. But I really am really concerned about what's going on with the Bengals right now when it comes to the defense. I don't think this is an easy stake. I really don't. I think we really need to. We look at, you know, far the schemes and and players we got playing this particular scheme that got going on right now, if you look at it, I look at Battle. I don't know what's going on with him, the stuff he's doing right now. There is no way he would did that if he was playing for Nick sayeah, absolutely he was. He wouldn't be plan you know, Nick Date were having him out so quick that he wouldn't even know he was on the team. And my point is, while we are setting players playing like this, you know if they're gonna play, because it's like people have to make a business decisions. You know what business decisions mean. That means they're trying not to get hurt.
Speaker 5: They don't.
Speaker 10: They're not trying to play at all effort. That's just sounding. They make business on defense because.
Speaker 5: They ain't trying to.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, They enjoying one telling and and and again. You know, when I look at the offense, I don't know why people call him bout the offense. I don't know what else you Canna has on offense. I just don't office is playing. I mean, seriously, Joe Fla are the kids that dude is amazing right now and.
Speaker 5: And we are.
Speaker 10: And we are making him look like I'm Please, don't blame Joe back. Don't blame Joe back. If we can't get the defense six, it makes no sense get hurt again.
Speaker 5: Ye score fifty two points to win.
Speaker 3: Hey, John, We've got to run appreciate you venting. Thanks thanks so much. Where does this team and we'll get to Matt. We've got Matt, We've got Ron, We've got Chad and others. We will get to you after the top of the hour break. But but Bruce Kazerski, where does this team go from here?
Speaker 5: I can tell you they're not.
Speaker 4: They can't make wholesale changes because they are what they are at this point. At this point, the concrete has been laid. All they can do is continue to work schematically, maybe fix some weaknesses with the scheme. If there is a if there is a way. If there's not, then you're just gonna have to outscore people. And and this is this is the league that will exploit every weakness you have. They see you on film as much as you see yourself on film, and they're going to study the Bengals defense. They're going to tear it apart week in and week out. Unless we fix or change some things, you can't be You can't make too many personnel changes. There's no there's no great bank of all Americans are gonna come in here and make them better overnight.
Speaker 3: No, they're relying on young players and they're giving them experience and they're getting lit up.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, we talked about this a little bit off the air, little Wago, Chick. Young players are gonna make mistakes. You're gonna have blown coverages here and there. But young players tackle too, just like the last caller was talking about not being able to get away with that kind of tackling for for Alabama. He's right, one hundred percent correct. You know, these guys are drafted because they were good tacklers, because they were great football player and it's just not coming out right now, and somehow that's got to change. They gonna look, they gonna look a they gonna look at themselves in the mirror and say, I gotta fix my problem before we fix our problem.
Speaker 3: We've reached the top of the hour break. We're live at Wings at Rings and Oakley. He's Bruce Kazerski. This is Chick Ludwig, and you're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Post Game Sports Talk presented by RNL carriers on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifty.
Speaker 1: This is the Tri Stage Chevy Dealer's postgame Sports Talk live from Buffalo Wings and Rings, presented by R and L Carriers. Postgame sports Talk is prompt to you in part by Pellow Windows and Door making life brighter. Pella Now pay Later Carrier and your local carrier dealers turn to the experts Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tove Sheldon five one three five one three, Toph Postman Law Injured call eight four to four, Postman others promise Postman delivers R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider. And by your Tri State Chevy Dealers the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for nine straight years. And now postgames Sports Talk.
Speaker 3: We're live at Wings and Rings in Oakley on Factory Colony Lane, and you are listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers post Game Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. He's Bruce Kazerski, this is Chick Ludwig. We're breaking down the Bengals forty seven of the forty two loss to the Chicago Bears today like a wrecking ball. A lot of Chicago Bears fans in here tonight. Man, They're going crazy and I'm going around congratulating them, and the Bengals are making a star is born in Caleb Williams, it is the Bengals fall.
Speaker 4: Well that somebody has to play the Bengals, that's exactly we might as well, you know, promote the league.
Speaker 2: That's that's exactly right.
Speaker 3: Oh man, he did look like, hey, he's the first overall pick.
Speaker 2: He looked like he was playing for Uscaha.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the best game of his career.
Speaker 2: Man, fantastic.
Speaker 5: I've seen that a lot in Cincinnati. I've seen that.
Speaker 4: You know, I was there with Brett Fahr took his Like you said, we talked about this a little bit earlier. Brett Favre made his showing against the Bengals. And that's the way the game is. You never know, you never know. These young guys step out of the closet and all of a sudden there's superstars. They've been waiting, wait and waiting. They get their chance and before you know it, all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: And all Brett fav did was start like the next time.
Speaker 4: The next five thousand games and when yeah, four thousand of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly right.
Speaker 3: And Postgame Sports talking in part by ae Joring Window Company. They sell the best and service the rest. Matt in Springfield has been waiting a while. Matt, how are we doing tonight?
Speaker 14: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Chick as always? Brother?
Speaker 24: How you doing?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Matt.
Speaker 3: H you know what it's I'm gonna drive home and yeah, it's frustrating, but I'm like, gosh, I almost feel like a player. I'm getting paid for this, so uh gosh, I can't complain.
Speaker 5: Would you say about football and radio? You know, bad bad football.
Speaker 3: Making bad football makes for great radio and no one out pieces of the Hut and no one out bungles the Bengals.
Speaker 5: They're currently for sure, and let's hope that they get out of it quickly.
Speaker 3: And Mike Brown likes to say the ox cart is stuck in the ditch.
Speaker 2: Yes, what's on your mind?
Speaker 11: I have done at that game?
Speaker 24: Man? I was down at that game. Least think it gets the Jets. And when the Jets started getting close in that fourth quarter, I was like, you know they're gonna blow this, aren't they sure enough? What's gonna happen?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 24: It really feels like we are back to the days of the Bungles man, where you just know at any moment they are going to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, to be honest, though, uh, let's be real today, they really had no business even being anywhere close in that game. To be honest, there is some questionable officiating late in that game in favor of the Bengals, shockingly, U because honestly, that was that was a blowout. Honestly, when the Bears have that pick six, I don't I don't know why they got called back, what they did or whatever.
Speaker 14: I forget, but.
Speaker 24: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that was still a lot closer than what it should have been.
Speaker 20: Uh.
Speaker 24: And honestly, it's just so many mistakes this team continues to make lining up all sides, I mean, and the lysist continues to go on and on and on, and you can see the offensive players after the game, they're starting to really get, you know, kicked off of this defense. This defense is literally if you have to spear the defense at this point, if you score three quick, I'm fifty eight seconds, Come on, man, fifty eight that should have been game. That should have been confidentals, I mean, come on, especially with the way their kicker was kicking today, you know, he was kind of shaking, so that should have been a game.
Speaker 3: But I mean, well, three rushing yards to the Bengals forty six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you kidding me?
Speaker 11: To a backup seventh rounder? Yeah, he was like a seventh round, seventh.
Speaker 4: Rounder from from well what was that rotger sixth pick or sixth pick from the from to Denver Davis. He turned out to be pretty good too, yes, this, Yeah, he may turn out to be a superstar in this league.
Speaker 2: No kidding? Well, Isaya Pacheco was the seventh rounder for kids?
Speaker 5: Who did the mega star today? Williams or this new running back?
Speaker 2: Oh? Both?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Detay Davis is out injury their number one running back.
Speaker 2: This guy, man, he took advantage of his operation.
Speaker 4: That's the reason you don't take a week off in the NFL, because someone will step in and take your job.
Speaker 2: You're exactly right, man, Well, last.
Speaker 24: Feel bad for Joe?
Speaker 14: Yeah, it really.
Speaker 24: It feels like it's a repeat of last season. Just another Joe, you know, putting lipstick on a pig. It's just literally the same thing. All the points in the world. But if you don't have a defense to stop it. On the other side, it doesn't really matter how many points you put up. You could put up fifty sixty seventy. I mean, but do you have no defense? Guess what You're gonna lose pretty much now the time. But I don't know, it might be time to start dumping some pieces like dre and logan and shting all some pieces.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: It's just think about how much misery the water cooler would be if Joe Flacco hadn't been scoring all those points. I mean, honestly, goodness, it could be forty two to or forty seven to fourteen. Yes, the game could be over in the first half.
Speaker 3: Hey, really really appreciate the call, Matt, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: UH.
Speaker 3: Let's review today's Postman Law injury report, brought to you by Postman Law Injured called eight four to four Postman, others promised, Postman delivers.
Speaker 2: Well, the big one is samaj p Ryan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a big one.
Speaker 3: And he went down with a leg ankle flipping injury. Okay, and he was down in big time pain. And then he pops up and like jogs off the field that's how tough he is.
Speaker 5: And then it hit the bench right in front of us and collapse again.
Speaker 3: Collapsed and headed to the uh and he was out for the rest of the game. Uh. Demitrius Knight at one point went into the locker room. I don't know if he came back or not.
Speaker 5: Did not, did not say that.
Speaker 2: But really, other than that, egos, a lot.
Speaker 4: Of egos and a lot of egos that have to set on it.
Speaker 5: Yes, they got to set on it for a week, week and a half now.
Speaker 3: And that's today's Postman Law Injury Report, brought to you by Postman Law Injured called eight four four Postman Others promise, Postman delivers. Let's go out to the phones and welcome in Ron and Milford if you're still there.
Speaker 7: Ron, Hey, guys, I'm still How are you guys doing?
Speaker 2: Okay, Sorry, we're hanging in.
Speaker 7: Have have to, you know, prolong this conversation after this loss. But my question is when they draft guys, do they give him an IQ test?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Well, and he goes to get a the Wonder Lick test at the combine?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so because you know when they lined up off sides on that field goal or the extra point in the field goal, Yes, yeah, and gave them I think they gave him seven points. I mean, how how hard is it to know the line of scrimmage?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: And to see our defense Uh, defensive players not covering their gap.
Speaker 5: It's like it wasn't a defensive lineman.
Speaker 4: It was a defensive back, and they're very seldom ever run the line.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right.
Speaker 3: He's lined up, he's got he's on all fours on the very far left end, and he is way over the line of script.
Speaker 5: Got to know it.
Speaker 4: I mean, you're looking if you turn your head three degrees to the right, you're looking right at the ball.
Speaker 5: You shouldn't be there.
Speaker 7: Well, maybe if he's too stupid, the defensive line coast should.
Speaker 6: Run down every time and look down.
Speaker 7: That line and say, hey man, you're offside.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 7: And before I go on Candolean's sister the Trumpet family, but uh, the opening kickoff, was I the only one waiting for them to say, there's a flag on the five.
Speaker 5: Yard line.
Speaker 4: Waiting for you expected You expect it in the league. That's the way the league is anymore. We're just that there wasn't one, and it was a great return.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't know where we go from here. Man. Uh, lou an Arumo was apparently not the problem. I think we got a bunch of idiots that needed IQ tests on defense. And uh, after watching the free safety just try to blow people up, not wrap up. How many times has he been coached hey wrap up? Uh, you know it's embarrassing and.
Speaker 3: All right, Ron, we've got to run. We've got to run. Thank you for the call.
Speaker 4: If you continually do the same thing over and over and over, expect different results.
Speaker 5: There's a name for that.
Speaker 3: Yes, Well, let's check on Cincinnati's defensive secondary coverage today. Who brought to you by Cincy by coversince he dot com local health insurance experts for over twenty years. Well, Caleb Williams passed for two hundred and eighty yards and three touchdowns. He caught a touchdown pass, and he ran for over fifty yards. So all the the top tacklers on the Bengals were all.
Speaker 4: Defensive defensive backs and one linebacker in that group.
Speaker 2: And the coverage was not good.
Speaker 4: It's what soft shell coverage they're playing. It takes me back to the Jets a week ago. The first quarter they played great defense, got two score lead, and it looked like they went into a soft shell prevent. But that looked like the same thing all all week today, all day today.
Speaker 5: You know, we were getting pressure on Caleb Williams.
Speaker 4: But when he when he broke contained or got out of the pocket, he had eight seconds, nine seconds at times to throw. You can't cover NFL receivers for that long a time in zones. You can't stay with him in man's that long, and so you.
Speaker 5: Gotta you gotta.
Speaker 4: If you're gonna get to the quarterback, you gotta do it three to four seconds at most, and we weren't getting there. We flushed him a few times, but you can't cover them that long, and sometimes he was just dropping back and throwing it. They were wide open anyway. Yes, So what's the what's the solution? Somewhere in between, take a shot, play some man, go get the quarterback.
Speaker 3: This used to happen Bruce in the press box, Todd Archer wrote for Missions at Post Now he's ESPN covering the cowboys and he's been there for years. Great guy and a terrific rider and a good friend. He would play the calliopee and David Folter would be sitting there, you know, a row or two behind us, and he would get very angry when he heard the calliope because, as a Bengal alum sitting up there watching mistakes, it wasn't pretty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'm not very comfortable talking about it, but what else can you say, chick? You know, we're tired of we're tired of seeing it. And as an alumni, just like David was, and just like all the alumni are tired of watching. Mike Martin called in today, tired of seeing the same thing.
Speaker 2: And it's like.
Speaker 3: Boss would call me or I would call my boss, you know, near the end of the game.
Speaker 2: What do you got coming?
Speaker 3: Okay, I've got a gamer and notebook and sidebar, and this is what I'm going to kind of concentrate on. And what does Arch or Gary have are two columnists? Yeah, and I said, and I would always say a general debacle column, just a general just how they lost, just the general debacle column.
Speaker 2: So that's what it's.
Speaker 5: Flu boy right now.
Speaker 4: You know, you think about we have the best offensive weapons in football, we do, and they're playing at their highest level.
Speaker 12: And.
Speaker 5: We just we can't play defense mediocre level.
Speaker 3: And the faster the Bengals score, the quicker the defenses back out on the field. That's what's said. It is just they throw them ball to our receivers. They're liable to go for a touch at any.
Speaker 4: Time, That's exactly, And so you can't say, well, we're going to take eight minutes.
Speaker 5: Off the clock right now, you're right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it started so well with Chuck Sizzle Charlie Jones with the ninety eight yard kickoff return, kickoff return, but then it ended so bad.
Speaker 4: I think the special teams played their best game of the year. Yes, with the exception of jumping off side or being in the neutral zone on that.
Speaker 5: Field goal, that's it. Yeah, But how big a play was that?
Speaker 2: Oh huge?
Speaker 3: It cost the Bengals seven points and then the personal foul that cost the Bengals potentially touchdown again touchdown, yes, yeah, because we take over.
Speaker 2: The Bengals take over where the guy missed.
Speaker 3: The field goal and yet gives them a fresh set of downs and they go down and score that could have Oh talk about momentum swings, big big And let's go out to the phones.
Speaker 2: Rick in Dallas. You're taking us home.
Speaker 19: Here, Uh hell yeah, Eric, yes, sure you know something about here about Miam Trump.
Speaker 11: You know that by I remember, uh, I remember when he.
Speaker 10: Talked to Sugar.
Speaker 6: I was at an Air Force BA get up the right Patterson and.
Speaker 10: I used to listen to Sports Talk every night.
Speaker 14: Yes, you know what what show up? You had that on there and.
Speaker 5: I into that whole thing.
Speaker 10: Well, he's saying that, you know, he you know, trying to say that young lady's life.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And then we're talking about you know something, you know, I said, I found a.
Speaker 18: Real uh uh this spot if and uh at the college football you know that that portal and it's showing up that you see he's showing up the you see yesterday.
Speaker 6: You know what the problem with with that portal?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 3: Rick, uh, you're talking about the portal. I'm sorry, I have to cut you off because we are we're closing We're shutting it down here, We're we're closing it out of time. Hey, I'm hosting sports Talk on Saturday night. Please call me back. I will get you on. And we were talking about the defensive secondary Bruce and the Defensive Secondary Coverage Report, brought to you by Cover since he died Cover, since he has you covered with affordable health insurance plans for over twenty years. And Bruce Kazerski, it's always an honor, pleasure and privilege hosting postgame Sports Talk with you and on behalf of my partner Bruce. This is the Chickster chick Ludwig saying thanks for listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealer's postgame sports talk presented by RNL Carriers live from Wings and Rings in Oakley on Factory Collie Colony Lane, and we'll be back in two weeks for more.
Speaker 2: Hopefully the Bengals con get this
Speaker 3: Turned around on the Home of the Reds and the best Bengals coverage seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty