Speaker 1: Bill cunning in The Great American. Of course, yesterday in Green Bay was not a complete disaster of a moral victory at shorts. And Thursday night the Steelers are in town. That could begin the renaissance of your Cincinnati Bengals. I see a flickering candle in the darkness. His name is Joe Flacco. Somehow in the second half, great things happened which no one anticipated, especially at halftime. And Moeger, can I share with you the stats in the first half as opposed to the stats in the second half and see if you can see a difference. Okay, in the first half with the Bengals they scored zero points. In the second half they scored eighteen. Do you see that as an improvement?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, So that means in the next half they play, they'll score thirty six.
Speaker 1: Now you're thinking like the Great American. As far as yards gained, in the first half, they had sixty five yards and the second half they had two hundred and three. Do you see an improvement there?
Speaker 2: I sure do.
Speaker 4: Willie.
Speaker 3: By the way, it's scary when you say that. I'm starting to think.
Speaker 4: Like you now.
Speaker 1: Number three, in the first half they had four one, two, three four first downs I think three were on penalties, and anyway, they had four first downs and the second half they had sixteen. Now that's an improvement. Now, time of possession in the first half they had eight minutes and sixteen seconds of possession out of thirty and the second half they had nineteen and dominated possession in the second half. So they had eighteen points to zero, two hundred and three yards to sixty five, sixteen first downs to four, and time of possession nineteen minutes to eight minutes. Do you see an improvement there across the board?
Speaker 2: I do, Willie.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're paying a very rosy picture for this team.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm doing. Is it justified? Do you think that Joe Flacco and I think Micah Parsons had no sacks, no individual tackles, helped on maybe two or three, completely irrelevant. And Orlando Brown wasn't so much of a swinging door, allowed one or two, but that's about it for him. That's not bad. So what hope do you have Thursday night?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: I looked at this game as one the Bengals were probably not going to win. Vegas told you as much. They were fourteen and a half point underdogs. They were using a quarterback who showed up on Tuesday night, They're playing a team coming off of bye, and they don't have a great defense.
Speaker 4: So I looked at this game as.
Speaker 3: Basically a preseason game for Joe Flacco. Start to get on the same page with your wide receivers. They were not in the first half, felt like they were in the second half. Expand the playbook as the game goes on. So like they did that in the second half, And so I viewed.
Speaker 4: The Green Bay game as one.
Speaker 3: Where they could plant the seeds for success moving forward. And now they've got a game against the Pittsburgh Steelers. And quite frankly, if Pittsburgh is not going to run away and high in the AFC North, it's going to be because the Bengals beat them on Thursday. And so I think, suddenly we have an interesting.
Speaker 4: Game, right.
Speaker 3: Is there an added degree of comfort that Joe Flacco will have with a few more practices. I'lbeit on a short week playing at home against Pittsburgh, can they expand upon some of the things they did in.
Speaker 4: The second half, And I'm hopeful that.
Speaker 3: They can, and if they can, and if they can get a victory in that game on Thursday, which.
Speaker 4: They're five and a half point underdogs.
Speaker 2: Then you have the quote.
Speaker 3: Mini buy no game this weekend. Then you'll host the New York Jets. That's a winnable game. Then you'll host the Chicago Bears. That's a winnable game. And you could start to talk about the Bengals at least staying afloat between now in mid December, when hopefully Joe Burrow comes back. I still wonder, I still worry about Joe Flacco's immobility. I still don't think this defense is good enough to get stops when the game demands they do, and yesterday was proof of that. There were a number of times where it felt like if they could just get a stop, they've got a shot here, and time and again they could not. That's been a team all season long. But if you were looking for nothing more than improved quarterback play from what they were getting, I think they got that yesterday. And I think in that regard, as much as I am not into moral victories by any stretch of the imagination, I do think there are some things they can build upon moving forward.
Speaker 1: Well, there's hope because Aaron Rodgers doesn't look good. And let's face it, the surprise of this year has been the Baltimore Ravens. I think they're one in four, one in five. They stink, they're terrible, they're lousy. This division is eminently winnable and it's going to I'm going to make a prediction now that I may be held to account for later, but the Bengals will beat the Steelers on Thursday. Here Joe Flacco will leave them to glory. Then they're going to beat the Jets, and then they're likely to beat the Chicago Bears. And at that point they're going to be four and four or five and four, in which case they're set for greatness. And then they get to a bye week and they're ready to go. And doctors have tell told me that the great number nine, Joe Burrow, is going to be back the first week or two of December. So we need some help just for the next six weeks or so. And this, you know, the Bengals do not do well against the Steelers at all, but the Steelers aren't very good and the Browns thinks, so I have hope. And one thing I'd like to bring up is what happened how do they handle Michael Parsons so well? What happened? I thought he was going to cause damage and wreckage in the backfield. It didn't happen.
Speaker 3: They had a good game plan for him. I would stop short of saying that the offensive line played great, but I thought Joe Flacco for the most part, looked comfortable behind it. I felt like the Bengals had a good plan for Michael Parsons. I think the one thing that would make this easier would be if they could run the football at all. And that's that's just, frankly, not going to be so much the case. But you go from Michael Parsons on Sunday to now t J. Watt On on Thursday Day and a Pittsburgh defense that has experienced and hard hitting and is going to be a challenge. But you know, I think there's a glimmer of sunshine, as hard as that might be to believe for a team that has lost four consecutive games. The AFC talked a bottom is not very good. She talked about the Baltimore Ravens to a mess right now. The Kansas City Chiefs are starting to play really, really well, but are just three and three there's a playoff spot to be had. Again if they lose to Pittsburgh, which I don't think would surprise anybody, So then the mask gets really really difficult and the margin for error shrinks. But again, if you were looking at that game yesterday too, the same lens I was, which is Okay, you're probably not going to win, so you basically use it as a preseason game for Joe Flacco to get comfortable, to get on the same page with his wideouts, to learn the offense in an actual game environment.
Speaker 4: I think that happened, and I.
Speaker 3: Think there are some things they can build on. I don't think the Steelers are great. They did take care of business at home yesterday against the Cleveland Browns, but I don't think anybody's used that team right now as like leghitimate Super Bowl contenders. Aaron Rodgers has played well through a couple of touchdown passes yesterday, DK Metcalf had a big game, and so you know, I mean, he's Aaron Rodgers, but he's not Aaron Rodgers search to twenty nineteen. He's not the Aaron Rodgers who was winning MVP awards, and so yeah, I think there is a ray of hope for this team going into Thursday night.
Speaker 1: If things go awry, and right now, what a two and four? If they lose Thursday night, they're two and five, then you got the weak part of the schedule coming up, Jets and the Bears. Who knows about that? Are there going to be calls for Zach Taylor's departure if this thing goes awry? Does he have excuses or does he not have excuse? I don't think he's real popular among the faithful right now. But is this a Zach Taylor kind of a situation. You have to be careful.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day, the coaches are judged on their wins and losses. Do they get into the postseason? Do they contend for championships? And I think any coach who doesn't make the playoffs for a third consecutive year is going to have folks wondering should his seat be hot. I don't think Zach Taylor gets excuses. I think he gets some slack. You know, he's had to make it up as he's gone along this year with Joe Flacco and with Jake Browning before him. To me, I think the true test is going to be if this thing unravels to the point that the locker room fractures, that singers are being pointed that the effort is being compromised. Look, the team itself, top to bottom, isn't great. I think if there's one thing the last four weeks I've told us is they're way to reliant on Joe Burrow to elevate everybody else. I put that a lot more on Duke Tobin than I do Zach Taylor. I think with Zach what I have not really seen over the course of his six plus years is a team that has.
Speaker 4: Ever quit on him.
Speaker 3: I've never gotten the sense that the culture has fallen apart. So I think if this spirals out of control, and it may begin to if they lose on Thursday, then I think you start to wonder about the coach losing the team, the coach losing the locker room. For me, the biggest issues with Zach are I'm not convinced that he should be calling plays.
Speaker 4: And that's not me.
Speaker 3: Look, I think that the lamest thing that fans do sometimes is talk about play calling, because none of us have any idea what goes into calling a play. But I do think that there have been even when the Bengals have been at their best, when Joe Burrow has been healthy, there have been these lulls in the production of the offense that I've always wondered, you know what, a different way of operating on the sideline, with a different voice in the headset, would a different play caller get rid of some of those lulls until this team maximizes its offensive potential. I will always wonder would Zach Taylor be better off and would the team bet her off if he wasn't calling plays and instead was managing.
Speaker 4: The game, was you know, handling the all.
Speaker 3: The different things and all the different decisions that a head coach has in front of him, and obviously has input in the offensive game plan, but isn't the guy calling plays. I think it would be interesting to see what would happen if they would make a change doing that. Zach Taylor said last week that's not going to happen.
Speaker 4: I think it is.
Speaker 3: Completely fair to wonder if this thing unravels, what's that going to mean for him? But I don't know that there's a track record of that happening for us to assume that it will.
Speaker 1: Let's change gears a little bit. I first met, by the way, Jim Kelly Junior, as you know, died this morning after a long fight with cancer. You see a football color analyst. I met his father, and I was a boy. As you know, Jim Kelly Senior began his career as a football coach and administrator at Deer Park High School, and I met him as a boy. I did not know his son at that point. And Jim Kelly Junior has been connected to U SEE football as a color analyst since at least nineteen eighty eight. He's been connected to UC since the early nineteen seventies when I was operations manager. I want to meet with Jim Kelly as I did with Xavier analysts, to see what the direction is and do this or do that. As soon as he told me that he went to Saint Xavior Grade School as a Golden Bear and played sports there, and then I made the connection quickly with his dad from Deer Park High School. I said, we're going to continue with you as long as you can do the job, and he did it quite well until very recently. What are your memories of Jim Kelly Junior and what he meant to UC football.
Speaker 3: Athletics synonymous with the school, synonymous with the program, and you know that goes back. Jim was a ball boy. You know, you think back to Jim Kelly Senior started as a player at UC in nineteen forty seven, was a coach, was an administrator all the way up until nineteen ninety four, and so Jim Kelly Junior's relationship with the schools started when he was a little kid as a ball boy. Jim is one of the great high school football players in Cincinnati history. A terrific player at Moler, part of teams in the early seventies led by Jerry Falf where you know, Jim ended up having the kind of career for the Crusaders that has put him in Mohler's Hall of Fame. You see, when he left, you know, that was not a program that threw the ball a bunch. But when Jim graduated from the University of Cincinnati in nineteen seventy five, he was the school's fourth all time leading receiver, and so he was a terrific high school and college football player. I went to training camp with the Chicago Bears, spent a year as a graduate assistant at UCEE, but most of us know him obviously from his work in the broadcast booth, and I've had a chance to be in that booth for the last twenty four years, and it's been it's been awesome. It's been awesome to work with somebody who was so knowledgeable but equally as passionate. I don't know, Willy, anybody who cared more about the Bearcats. And when I say care about the Bearcats, I mean care about you know, did they win or lose? But care about the young men that he got a chance to know, and care about the program, care about the coaches, and that came through every broadcast, including the three that we were fortunate enough to be with him for before he stepped aside last month. You know, those last three games he did the first three games in this season. The voice was a little bit weaker, but the analysis was just as sharp, and the enthusiasm for the program was there. But you know, in our business, Willy, there are not many people that if you ask about them, you hear no negative words. And I've never heard anybody say a negative thing about Jim Kelly.
Speaker 4: He was a guy.
Speaker 3: And I put this on social media. You know, twenty four years of spending time with Jim, dozens and dozens of road trips, Invariably conversation would drift toward Jim's family, his wife, his four boys, his grandkids, the kind of family man that you said, you know what, I want to be like that. And so the football part of this is important, and the broadcasting part of this is significant, and that's why we all know who Jim is. But personally, for me, I just think of an amazing family man and somebody whose company I'm going to miss, and somebody who you know, again, as a UC fan is more synonymous with that football program, maybe more synonymous with with that athletic department than I think any Bearcat ever.
Speaker 1: Think about eighty years connected with a Kelly family. His father started with the Bearcats in nineteen forty seven, So between nineteen forty seven and today, the Kellys have been instrumental in promoting UC athletics. Speaking positively, I don't know how many football and basketball coach have gone through since nineteen forty seven. I would say there's probably dozens and dozens and dozens, and of all those who dealt with senior or junior, not one person could say anything negative about either. One of them, and every institution needed someone like Jim Kelly Senior and Jim Kelly Junior to represent their university. The Hall of Fame is named after his dad, and Jim Kelly Junior will be missed. With his band, he enjoyed the rock and roll a little bit, but mainly he was a good husband, a good father. He was a good man and his passing today will be felt by everyone that knew him. All right, MO, thanks for coming on a little bit of sadness there with the passing of Jim Kelly Junior. But the beat goes on. The old man Rivers just keeps on rolling, and many of us get on a boat and we go downstream a little bit, then we get off and someone else gets on. But I'm not sure anyone in the history of US athletics will have the same connection to that great university more than Jim Kelly Senior and Jim Kelly Junior. And may rest in peace today at the age of seventy two. And he used those seventy two years in a positive way that lit up the live for many he came in touch with. And he will be missed, and may his memory be a be a solace for those who are hurting this morning. His memory is so positive. And once again, Moeger, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And that's Ruin Homa a winner for you.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 1: Who do they play next? By the way, who's usual football play next? If anyone?
Speaker 3: Well, the bear Cattle have won five consecutive games, are going to be at Oklahoma State on Saturday night at eight o'clock. And it is my sincere wish that they get a win for number seven because I know he's going to be looking down and and we're going to miss him. Man miss him a lot.
Speaker 1: Oklahoma States thinks I think Gundy got fired, didn't he. I don't know if they want a game. I don't know. I don't know if they want a game. If they won a game this year and still water, I don't think.
Speaker 3: Well, they're zero and three in the Big Twelve. They've lost those three games by an average of more than twenty two points. Earlier this season they lost by sixty six O Oregon.
Speaker 1: Oh uh oh.
Speaker 3: Mike Gundy was let go a few weeks ago. Cincinnati on the road is I looked this morning a twenty and a half point favorite with really needless to say most they've ever been favored in as Big twelve members. So yes, this is a game the Bearcatch should win. And if they do, then I think it gets fun because we'll talk about some of the more difficult teams they have on their schedule. But I think we're going to talk about them being a factor in what feels like a wide open Fix twelve race.
Speaker 1: Give me a Big twelve championship. Mo, what do you think?
Speaker 4: Tie me up, Willie. I'd be all about that.
Speaker 1: Well, Hi, Mo. The beat goes on, and thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. We'll talk later about Jim Kelly Junior, also the services that are plant, et cetera. But Moe, have a great afternoon. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Okay, Willie, thank you.
Speaker 1: Let's continue. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred Wow. All right, Dave Keaton hit the music Monday afternoon, the Tri State Walk Together in time, You and I. Big things happening all over the world and important stuff happening. I would give a little bit of credit on this to Hillary Clinton. Not much do I do that, But she's issued numerous missives and given a couple of interviews in which she gives complete credit to Donald Trump, and it's incredible, and actually even Kamala Harris has commended Trump for the peace plan. A few of the Democrats had, but of course not Steve Roberts of ABC News this morning with Tom Brenneman, the Great Brenneman, acting as if this was some diversion from the problems at home. Well, why can't you give it up? And say, who said nine months into this it'd be peace in the Middle East? Nobody? And by the way, it's not permanent. I can't imagine having gone through now. Stage one is not quite completed. Say one also involved the giving back of twenty eight deceased hostages, and that hasn't happened by a noon today, which would have been noon at their time. Right now, it's about seven thirty eight in the evening there and they hamas released so far for the twenty it expected remains of dead hostages. They're saying they cannot be located, which might be the case. I don't know, maybe they're obliterated, but they're in violation of part one, Phase one of the agreement. The rest of that has been has been met. And it's sad that I am sure that some point soon that we're going to find out that Joe Biden and Anton and Blincoln the Secretary of State are mainly responsible for all this. Of course it's a lie, but who's gonna who's going to actually report lies when the true and the truth doesn't work very well. So we'll see what happens. But you know, Phase one involved ceasefire and the IDF pullback that happened, Amas releasing all the living twenty hostages. The video of this is incredible. That's happened. Israel releases two hundred and fifty prisoners. That is ongoing, and they may be somewhat recalcitrant in releasing up to two thousand prisoners, many of whom are the worst of the worst mass murderers serving life sentences in Israel without possibility of parole because Hamas has not returned the bodies of dead hostages. So we'll see how that happens. Border crossing is open, eight is pouring into the Gaza. That's phase one. Phase two is it gets a little more difficult. Do I think the road's going to be smooth and slick?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Do I think any president in the first nine months of his term could have accomplished with Donald Trump has accomplished. Absolutely not nobody even close could do this. I'm gonna share with you some of the attendees in the meeting, looking to my left and right. It's ongoing as I speak. Phase two involves rebuilding Gaza. How long would that take? How about disarming Hamas? How long would that take? They haven't changed their charter. Their goal is to kill Jews and Christians everywhere in the world. In fact, yesterday Sunday morning, they came out of their holes in tunnels wearing their Hamas garb, brandishing their AK forty sevens, shooting in the air, saying we won, we won, which of course is a lie. But nonetheless they went and killed many Palestinians who they believed were consulting with Israel and to America. I wonder if the college campuses are going to erupt in protest when Palestinians are being killed by Hamas. No, these are useful idiots used by the radical left to destabilize our country. But they couldn't care less the so called protesters about who's killing who. It's only to hurt America, to hurt Donald Trump and destabilize America. Also in phase two, there'll be a permanent ceasefire, also a role of an international security force and a Palestinian statehood. That's on phase two. Phase three gets more difficult, but it's an effort we're trying. And one good thing is that VP jd Vance said that no American boots soldiers will be on the ground in Gaza. And also he had like a minute segue with George Sloppinopolis yesterday and Dave Keaton, if that's ready. This is our vice president and I'm honored to have him living in our community at times, playing golf by the way at Kenmic Country Club. And nonetheless, this was a minute or so back and forth with George Slappinnopolis. Dave Keaton hit it.
Speaker 5: So I'm actually not sure what the precise question is. Did he accept fifty thousand dollars? Honestly, George, I don't know the answer to that question. What I do know is that he didn't violate a crime.
Speaker 6: So you don't what was caught on the tape you're saying right now, you don't know whether or not he kept that money.
Speaker 5: I don't know what tape you're referring to.
Speaker 1: George.
Speaker 5: I saw media reports that Tom Homan accepted a bribe. There's no evidence of that. Here's George, why fewer and fewer people watch your program and why you're losing credibility because you're talking for now five minutes with the Vice President of the United States about this story regarding Tom Holm and a story that I've read about, but I don't even know the video that you're talking about. Meanwhile, low income women can't get food because the Democrats and Chuck Schumer have shut down the government. Right now, we're trying to figure out how to pay our troops because Chuck Schumer has shut down the government. You were focused on a bogus story. You're insinuating criminal wrongdoing against a guy who has done nothing wrong, instead of focusing on the fact that our country is struggling because our government's shut down. Let's talk about the real issues, George. I think the American people would benefit much more from that than from you going down some weird left wing rabbit hole where the facts clearly show that Tom Holman didn't engage in any criminal wrongdoing.
Speaker 1: It's not a weird left wing rabbit hole. I didn't insinuate anything.
Speaker 6: I asked you whether Tom Holman accepted fifty thousand dollars, as was heard on an audio tape recorded by the FBI in September twenty twenty four, and you did not answer the question thank you for your time this morning.
Speaker 1: So at that point VP Vance tried to answer another try to jump in, and ABC News cut them off. So that's enough. We've had enough. So ABC News, the home of the view ABC News the home of Jimmy Kimmel, ABC News to the home of George Slappinopolis, ABC News the home of Roberts in the Morning with Tom Brenneman, has a viewpoint that's not news, it's commentary. And I'm entitled in my opinion. You're entitled to your opinion. But news ought to beat news and not commentary masquerading his news. And so when the American people at this point say who's responsible for the government shutdown? Garbage in, garbage out, the garbage given him by the mainstream media, educates and informs large numbers of Americans that Donald Trump somehow responsible for the shutdown when he's not. Wont I won't bore you with the detail of a clean cr continuing resolution. This was the same thing Democrats voted on yes in March, and seventeen times in the past six years they voted yes on clean crs. All this CR is going to do government shutdown is to continue current government spending at its current levels. Now, you and I may disagree with the levels of government spending, but all the CR does is to continue the current Biden budget. That's all it does. But Democrats don't want you to know that. They want to lie to you garbage in, garbage out. So you somehow blame Donald Trump for the shutdown when nothing could be further from the truth. And I would point out, you know, the physical year end of September thirtieth, and in of course, the Trumpster's budget is not an effect yet, but nonetheless we don't know the results of it. But in the year that begins September thirtieth of last year December September thirtieth of this year, the US government spent an additional three hundred billion dollars then was spent the year before that, And according to Trump's budget going forward, we're going to borrow another two trillion dollars the next year. Anyway, so government spending continues to be out of control, with all due respect Elon Musk and all of his efforts to change the arc of government spending. It doesn't appear any of it's worked, because government spending continues at current levels or more. What happened to DOGE you know, Department of Governmental Accountability? What happened? I don't know. But to have the Democrats claim that this is about food for hungry people when their policies keep that from occurring is beyond me. And many commentators on ABC can admit the reality, which is by voting against the cr that Democrats want to plunge America into an economic crisis for which Donald Trump will be charged with It'll be politically on his watch, even though it takes sixty votes in the Senate, which would include seven Democrat, to say let's continue present government spending. Is that difficult to do? Is that difficult when the Democrats in the White House, when Donald Trump was in the White House, all heal breaks loose because we want to continue also funding medical care for our legal aliens through Medicaid. That is a fact. It is real, to the tune of something in the range and one year of fifty eight to seventy five billion dollars of our money is spent in the past twelve months providing free medical care to those from different countries in the world who are not US citizens. And those are the facts. So to get back to reality, what Trumps accomplished here is unprecedented. It could not happen. And the two key elements was the fact that Donald Trump and Israel, mainly Donald Trump took out Iran as a military power and took away their ability to have nuclear weapons because of the B two bomber raids. Unbelievable. The day after he gave Iran a deadline and it didn't respond, he took them out, took them down. Now the Iran government, which funds terrorism all over the world, is on its back. And secondly, this is the only president we've ever had to look bb Netin Yahu in the eye and say to him, you will do this because Netin Yahu wants Gaza to be a suburb of Israel, and Trump looked him in the eye and said, no, that's not going to happen. What is going to happen is that the Israelis will be on the line and Gaza will be patrolled only by other Arab Muslim states. It's up to them. Do you want your son or daughter to be killed somewhere in Gaza. Absolutely not. But he's gotten so many to step forward, including the UAE, including Aman, including India, including Norwey and Norway, Canada, Pakistan, Hungary, Armenia, Greece, Spain, the Italians, the Egyptians, the Turks, the Jordan's, the Kuwaitis, Beyran, Palestinian President, Indonesia President, French president. They're all there looking at the at the there's twenty seven world leaders behind President Trump, and he's given them all orders what to do. And he's telling the Arab Muslims police it yourself. You send soldiers, You send troops in the Gaza, and we'll monitor what's going on. And American soldiers too, and a strong will be in Israel, which is one hell of a fine place to be, by the way, And it's up to the Arabs to police their own And because the evil of Iran's been taken down by Israel and by the United States, the other Arab golf nations understand and know that they don't have something coming at them from Iran anymore. Iran is in deep trouble economically, they're running out of water, they can't generate power, and they're in deep trouble. And the Aman and those religious leaders and Tehran are buckling down on their own people, killing so many and so it's some point one of them is going to get some lead poisoning and then we'll go some other direction. But this is a monumental accomplishment by Donald Trump. And he has an easier time dealing with Hamas than he does the Democratic leaders in the Congress, Chuck Schumer and Rakeem Jeffries, because they want his destruction, as did Helmas. But Trump was able to take out the funders of terror, take out the suppliers of all the armaments. And with the Democrats, if the media in this country accurately reported what's going on, it'd be eighty five point fifteen the follow the Democrats. But the media doesn't do that because they're in the pockets of the Democratic Party. Whether it's The View or Jimmy Kimmel or Steve Roberts, whoever it is, they spouse the company line. And that's quite sad. What an accomplishment. It's really unbelievable. And yesterday morning I was on the air with you. Last night from ten to one, the US is killing the Palestinians who's something more or less sympathized with Israel, they thought, and just summarily executed them. And hopefully that is stopping right now. I hope it stops. And if it doesn't stop, American soldiers, according to J. D. Vance and I trust him, are not on the hook for this deal. It'll be up mainly the Turks and the Egyptians are going to patrol Gaza to make sure that Gaza remains a Palestinian territory and not a suburb of Israel, which is what Netinna who wants He said repeatedly that he wants Gaza to become part of in a sense of Israel, and Trump looked him in the eye and said no. And it's stuck. And right now Egyptian President President Ceci is talking about how great a leader that Donald Trump is. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Greg Lansman said that, or if Hakeem Jeffrey said that, or if Brandon Johnson in Chicago or Kim Bass in New York and La said that this is wonderful. What Donald Trump is doing is wonderful. Just accept it of what's happening imagine Chicago or Cincinnati looking as safe right now as Washington d C. Muriel Bowser, the mayor of DC, is saying, this is wonderful, we got our city back. It takes men and women with vision to say that Cincinnati was as violent as hell in the top ten of violence, more shootings and more death over the weekend. Well, you don't have to live like this. You can live differently. Coming up later, By the way, Bill O'Reilly, their rally factor in his new book, is out and we're going to deal with Bill O'Reilly about one oh five today and then later on as Lynda Matthews of the Avondale Community Council, she's going to tell you and me, I think that African Americans and Cincinnati are not going to vote for af to have pureval. They can't be bought off, they can't be paid for what has he done for you? Are you better off today than you were four years ago? And you want four more years of this? Well, police are demoralized, where judges are sent and convicted and those who commit serious crime free on probation. You want a situation where the fire department, the firefighters, and the cops have issued grave warnings against four more years of AFT have pureval You want more connected communities like in Hyde Park. Is that what you want? I don't think so so, Lynda Matthews will address yourself to those issues and more. This is a time of great celebration now. Is the path going to be smooth? Might there be no difficulties that lie ahead? Is Hamas going to put down their weapons and leave? I don't think so that Hamas. The five to six thousand that remain have been given free passage. Part of this deal is that when you come out of your holes and your bunkers and you lay down your AK forty seven, you'll be given a free passage to anywhere that will take you in. Certain countries like Egypt and Lebanon and Jordan said they will accept many of the Hamas fighters. I'm not sure how they'll be welcomed. It might be killed once they get there. But part of this deal is that AMAS fighters, the murderers, the kidnappers, the rapist are not going to be held accountable. They're going to be given a free pass. In fact, ones that have been apprehended by Israel are being released. That's part of the deal. It's one hundred to one. Israel values life so much that they consider one hundred Palestinians to be worth one Jew. It's one hundred to one, and many of these are the worst of the worst. So less you and I continue great day of celebration. You better tell the news media operation what a great day this is, and let's celebrate it for what it is. Peace in the Middle East at this point are the problems ahead, absolutely, absolutely difficulties. But the blood that will be shed now in Gaza will not be American blood and likely not be Jewish blood. It'll be Arab fighting other Arabs, Muslims against Muslims. And the college campuses have quieted down for a while. They're well funded by foreign groups in order to detate our universities, destabilize our country, and they've been somewhat successful at this point. Let's continue twelve fifty five, Home of Your REGs and Bengals. By the way, Bill O'Reilly, it's almost on the hold, ready to go, Bill O'Reilly, new book out. And also we're going to talk about what's happening now with the Trumpster, and also the a rally Factor is on the Bill Cunningham Show. Seven hundred ww Bill Cunningham, the Great American, has always my honor to have on every now and then Bill O'Reilly. He's done more in broadcast media than anyone perhaps in the history of the world, because he's spent fifty years either at ABC or CBS. He also has, of course, for sixteen or seventeen years, the top rated cable show. He's probably the most consequential on the largest selling nonfiction author in the history of the world this side of the Bible, and the new book is out. But I also want to mention that Bill O'Reilly and Steven A. Smith are going to be at the Kennedy Center on Wednesday night, hosted by Chris Cuomo News Nation to talk about I guess the current events and what's going on and Bill o'rally once again. Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Bill, first of all, I would be remiss if I didn't get from you some of the evil in the world was Hesblahamas, etc. A trawelve of the worst of the worst. Don't want to get your take on what's happening as we speak in the Middle East, and also the incapability of the mainstream media actually give President Trump any credit? Where does this rank if you would write a book on this subject, maybe in two or three years when things shake out, what does your crystal ball say is going to happen?
Speaker 2: Well, I think that the President has accomplished a great feat and obviously not easy to deal with these terrorists and get the twenty surviving hostages out in the twenty six bodies as well, So that's in stone. The importance of it is that it will extend in you the Chinese negotiations which are coming up, and maybe even to Putin as the Arabs coalesce around the Trump administration. So that's very important for the world. So the Arabs had kind of shifted from being anti American to pro American, and obviously they control the energy center on the planet. So a lot of these things that are people say, well, that's a good thing, but they don't know the ramifications going forward. So on the cover of my book, Confronting the Evil, which broke number one on the New York Times List built twentieth time that's happened is the Iyatola Holmoni. He's on the cover with Putin, with Mao Zetongue and with Hitler and there are eleven other mystery ins inside the book. I put the Iyatola on because he's responsible for Amas. I mean, he's dead now, but the guy took over from him. They fund an arm among us, and they continue to cause death and destruction all throughout the world. And this is the evil that we're talking about. So I think that Trump, who many in the American press believe is evil. Yeah, I think he is effectively neutralizing the real evil forces in a way that obviously Biden could never have done.
Speaker 1: You know, Genghis Khand, Adolf Hitler, you have Vladimir Putin, you have many others, Malsey Tongue. But the one of these evil doers that actually use God as the reason for his evil, does itotal come in In a sense, the scale of his evil doesn't even approach what Hitler did or malse Tongue has done. But as far as using God as a reason for evil, the eye Tota believes that God demands him to brutally kill large numbers of non believers, as he described as Christians and Jews, or and his viewer of cockroaches and mice and bugs is I told it kind of standing alone because he says, God's telling me to do this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most of these people. When Nathan Bedford Forrest died, he was the founder of the Ku Klux Klanic Confederate general who massacred people Union troops. I mean, the guy is off the chart evil. When he died, he said on his death bed to his family, I know God understood what I did. Yeah. The i Telamoni, as well as most human beings, believes what he wants to believe, and so he wanted to believe that all Jews should die, just like Hitler wanted to believe that all should Jews should die. This is, of course, a psychiatric disorder. Doesn't mean these guys don't know what they're doing. They know, but people don't think that way. But the evil that I write about in this book could have been contained on every one. Maybe not Jengis Khan with the horsemen in Mongolia, that that would have been hard to do. But every other evil that we write about could have been stopped if good people had confronted it. But they did not. They looked away or they signed on, which is fairly shocking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, including the collective evil you have. The evils include Genghis Khan, Caligula, the Roman Emperor, Henry the Eighth, the Evil, the slave trader, Stalin Hitler, Mao, the Ayatola Komane, the Mexican drug cartels. As far as a body count, doesn't, Mao and Stalin stand alone at the top of that list. As far as killing tens of millions of people.
Speaker 2: Now is number one mass murderer whoever lived of And it was his own people he was killing, which is just and where we describe it. He was starving them to death because you wanted a whole different society. And oh my god, it was Stalin hard to tell because there was no repretisee in Russia. But you know there were no rights and then stal you dead. You were dead, just like Putin. Once you're dead, you did. In fact, Stalin is Putin's idol, it's his mentor, it's who he wants to be. If you can imagine this, Hitler the same bracket. Human life meant nothing to them. But in our society, Bill, we're saying, arrives and evil in America, and no doubt about it. In the criminal justice system, particularly when in many cities the hierarchy does not want to punish criminals any longer and will allow them to go out and commit violent crime at the violent crime after violent in crime. That's evil. And so I get real personal about this stuff in the book.
Speaker 1: As far as what's happening in major cities, to me, one cannot have imagined a worse form of government and than happening today in Chicago and Portland and Los Angeles. The evil being perpetrated there, But it's not covered by the media as that way at all. In fact, most of the media coverage is understanding against Donald Trump, who's simply trying to save the folks in those major American cities. Our magnificent cities have been destroyed by the policies of the liberal Democratic Socialist Party. And some say, well, why don't the people of Chicago or la or Portland, Memphis arise themselves and throw off their governments. What do you say about leaving them alone? Because the people themselves may want to have individuals like Karen Bass or like Brandon Johnson, they kind of went them in charge, and it's not up to us to save them. It's up to the people of Chicago to save themselves. What would Bill to Rally say about that?
Speaker 2: One well, I don't want dead bodies, That's what I would say. And just the fact that you vote for somebody who is going to create mayhem and foster evil doesn't mean that I, if I have the power, like the president of the United States, should stand aside and let it happen. It's a more noble cause, Bill, if you you know, I combine reporting with history, the real noble people like Ibraham Lincoln and George Washington, these people Lincoln could have said easily, you know, and like all the ten presidents before him, We'll let the slavery thing go. You know, let's in Mississippi doesn't deal with us. But the noble people want to put an end to this kind of violence and this kind of danger. And I think Trump falls into that category. But his weakness is he doesn't fully explain the why about what he's doing.
Speaker 1: He has a sense as to what to do that's right, but his rhetoric often divides among those who don't fully understand what's happening in our major cities. You have Vladimir Putin on the list. I have a fear down the road when Putin, who's a rat, is cornered as far as using a theater type nuke of one type or another to change everything. According to most reporting, Russia's in serious trouble going down the tubes, along with maybe Iran has a terrible water shortage, can't keep the can't keep the lights on, and in Russia it looks like believe it or not, I think at this point most are saying, you know, Ukraine has a standhof or they might be actually winning. Do you fear one of the evil doers in your book Confronting Evil Ladimir Putin would do something completely in character to kill millions of Ukrainians to save his own hide.
Speaker 2: He killed his own people. There are already a million casualties in Russia because it's this stupid war. He doesn't care about human life at all. The odds are that Putin is not going to be in a position to use the nuclear weapon. Would he? Yes, I believe he would.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 2: I was at Yankee Stadium of nine to eleven with President Trump. You may have seen some of that news coverage, yep. And the President invited me. He wanted to talk about Putin and Charlie Kirk and a few of the things. And I handed him a copy of my book, which was only out two days on nine to eleven, and I said, look, I know you're busy, mister president, but boy, you got to read this putin chapter because he's not the same guy who was when you were president first time around. He has deteriorated, which always happens. If you embrace evil, you get worse. There's no rehab. And so I hand him the book and then the the event unfolded. Well about twenty four hours later, I got a text from him and said, WHOA, And I said, yeah, I mean, this is a whole new thing you're dealing with here. But I think the president and his people have a fairly good geopolitical strategy right now. But again, got to be very disciplined because it's an ultra dangerous world right now.
Speaker 1: Bill O'Reilly. You say in your book Confronting Evil that the concept of evil is universal, ancient, and ever present today. The Biblical Book of Genesis defines that when Cain kills his brother Abel out of jealousy, as long as human beings have walked, evil has been close by. You have a character Genghis Khan, which I vaguely understand what he kind of did. Can you put more and meat on the bones of what Genghis Khan did and why he's in your book Confronting Evil Genghis.
Speaker 2: Khan, Well, Jengis Khan conquered more territory than any human being in the history of civilization this day. What he did resonates in this world that every one of the miscreants I have and Confronting Evil Bill is relevant to today. That was the cutpoint. If they aren't relevant to today and put them in the book. So Jenga's Khan Mongolia backwater. He develops this type of warfare where the Mongols rode on horseback, and that was the first time that happened. The Romans marched, they didn't use horses widely. Khan then went from the Pacific shore of China all way to Hungry, slaughtering everybody, conquering all the territory. The Chinese people were so devastated by the Mongols that they built the Great Wall of China. And when I was there in May, I went up to see that is it is an incredible site that they could build this thing, not high up in these mountains. But what Jengis Khan did to the Chinese people made them suspicious of foreigners forever, and the Chinese people have never had one day of freedom in the entire existence of China because the people are so afraid psychologically that they always gave power to dictators, and that is why you have that communist hierarchy. Now he goes all the way back to Jengas Khan and that mindset.
Speaker 4: Do you fear.
Speaker 1: I see naval movements that they Jijioping is encircling Japan, is encircling parts of the Philippines. Of course, Taiwan is the crown jewel, which they don't need at all. They should be a trading partner. But somehow they want to lash out. If you would write a book in five years, how's that going to work out? With China, which is immortal enemy. They have malware and our communication systems and our banking systems, and our water systems and our communication systems. I fear unlike the Soviet Union, that was a military power, it was not an economic power. China is different. What are the goals do you think of Hijiopeng when he's going to go after Taiwan and he says it, and how would that break the world at that point?
Speaker 2: Well, I watch Taiwan, but they can't destroy their economy. And that's the strength that the United States holds over them. So yeah, one point five billion people in China, second to India. You's be about to eat. There's no four to one case. No, you can't run around with your AMEX card.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Okay, the be about to eat. And in order for the government, who runs everything, to make sure they eat, the government has to export Chinese products to America. Okay, France ain't gonna cut it. They need our markets. If they don't have our markets, if there's a war or it's an economic uh, boycotts or whatever it may be, then they got trouble.
Speaker 1: I did not want to leave this.
Speaker 2: People can't eat, then they can't control them.
Speaker 1: And Jizo Pink could have suffered from lead poisoning.
Speaker 2: Uh. Let's I'm much more optimistic about Trump making a deal with China than Putin. Well, but the United States does make a deal with China, that'll put an enormous amount of pressure on Putin.
Speaker 1: It looks like Trump can make a deal with a mass he can make a deal with China, can't make a deal with the King Jefferies. That's a different story to tell us about collig Colliguilla, am I saying that correctly? And tell me about that.
Speaker 2: Was the reason the world an empire dissolved and most pompul nation on earth by far, just like the United States is now. And the reason that Rome fell was because of the people, the Roman citizen basically abdicating all responsibility for doing good and embracing the evil that Caligula and Nero and others championed. I mean, when you're murdering people in the colisseum and grewsome ways and people are cheering for that murder, you got a problem.
Speaker 1: We could spend all day with you confronting evil. I hope you got several more left. And you've been doing media for about fifty years with great success. The number one seller of nonfiction books in the world is Bill O'Reilly. And once again, Bill O'Reilly, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Bill, you're a great American to keep doing what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me. Bill, we'll talk soon.
Speaker 1: God bless you. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Ill.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more characters, and I think among the nastiest characters are Vladimir Putin right now and of course the eye Toller who spawned amass and Hesbala Boca, haram Isis and all the rest. And it was all done in the name of God. That God wanted this to happen. So let's continue with more news coming up your home of the Reds and Bengals News Radio seven hundreds WLW.
Speaker 7: Yes, odds, he's done it SUTs down. That's down, touchdown, touchdown.
Speaker 1: Hello, quiet, I'm broadcasting God No segment one of our own. Jim Kelly, his father began, as you know what you see in nineteen forty seven. Yes, so between nineteen forty seven and twenty twenty five, my dear Park Matt tells me that's about seventy eight years, okay, that the Kelly family has been intertwined greatly with the University of Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: In fact, Jim Kelly Senior got his chops and began at Park High School, as you know, in the late nineteen fifties. He was a football coach and athletic director. Jim Kelly Senior and Jim Kelly Junior, Yes, went to Saint Savior Grade School across the street from Deer Park, the home of Gordon Veterino. How about that one. So the Cunningham and Kelly's deep deep roots in athleticism in the tri State. But he died this morning at the age of seventy two, which I think is quite young. Played for Jim Kelly Junior. Willie the UC Hall of Famer, played for the Bearcats from nineteen seventy two to seventy five, and then served as a color analyst for Cincinnati's Bearcat's Foot radio broadcast for thirty five years. It's a long time sake. He grew up around. He was a ball boy in the nineteen sixties seeing with his dad and played the wide receiver. And wow, you're talking about I mean the Kelly family, is U see all the way him Bill Malva Hill. That's about it, Amen, seventy two years old. And on top of it, Ula Lah. He was like a He had the band segment ever see Ooh La La play. I never heard him sing, will he? But I heard about him often work the drums behind Oohlah Law and Jim Kelly Junior. Well, I would drive him too, He would drive him too right there. All his name will never be forgotten. He love the long and fruitful life segment, Amen, and his light shines brightly at Clifton and maybe on Saturday night when their favored to be the Oklahoma State I think in Stillwater? Is that correctrect Mike Gundy is gone as the coach. That means the bearcatch should rop for glory and for them the judgment seat of God which is already viewed favor. Maybe maybe there'll be Big twelve champs in honor of Jim Kelly Junior. I wouldn't bet on that one segment. They got Oklahoma State, Baylor and then Utah. Get control of yourself, could be like the Bengals running the table? What will he? The stood reporters of Proud Service ever your local tame Star heating in their conditioning dealers Tamestar quality you could feel in beautiful southeastern Indiana called Joe x Stein at x Stein Heating and Cooling an eight one, two nine, three two twenty six. But let's see will he The Bengals dropped to two and four and folded the packers in Green Bay. This Bengals update brought you by good Spirits at Party Town thirteen convenient locations in Northern Kentucky. Yeah, I share with you some questions you should have no difficulty answering. Go ahead, you want you want the injury report for Thursday. Let's go Oh no, what is it? Well, Trey Hendrickson, with a back injury, left the game yesterday. Apparently he's avoided a long term injury. But all the all the the all prosa villain ability availability for Thursday is day to day. Mike is SICKI with a pectoral You know where that is, don't you? Right over there? I think it's your booby.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: He is out for a while. How long? I don't know. He's out for a while. According to head coach Zach Taylor, now when you use the name ben Hurr is al like a pronoun you ben her is her or him?
Speaker 2: What is no?
Speaker 1: Judah? Ben her was the Charlton Heston. What's his preferred pronouns her h u r her or him? Ben him or ben her? Because I saw the Jews in that movie. They've been fighting the Egyptian now for three thousand years. Well it's stop today. Don't tell ABC News that. For God's sake, guy, our guy, the Trumpsters. Now he's got to do is get Ukraine and Ukraine and Russia. The world would be at peace. They know what, we won't know what to do. That's if an ABC News says, how come you haven't solved the Ukrainian problem? Got any free time? Give him a break. He's in Israel overnight, he's there this morning, and now he's in Egypt. Now he's got to come back here and face the shutdown in the dumb Democrats. He can do easier with Hamas and the Chinese. With the Democrats, Yeah, well, why did he do the same thing to the Democrats and deal with them like he does a Hamas? Let me ask you some questions. Are you ready any more injuries yet?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: But I guess there's all. We also got to talk about your good friend James James Franklin ousted at Penn State. But go ahead, you got a forty nine million dollar parting gift and we're going to break it down in seconds. Go ahead, really, yes, Now, in the first half, the Bengals had no points. In the second half, they scored eighteen. Is that good or bad?
Speaker 2: Bad?
Speaker 1: If they if they would have had the best, if they would have switched halves and had a good first half the last game and a first half of this game, they would have probably been four and two. Now yards total in the first half was sixty six, the second half two hundred and three. Right, Well, they woke up. In the first half they had four first downs, three on penalties. Right, second half they had sixteen first downs. Oh that they got with it and the first can have a slow start against anybody. They have eight minutes of possession in the first half. Yeah, nineteen minutes in the second half. Do you see an improvement there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you see the improvement under one Joe Flacco? And apparently Mike tomin said today he is outraged that the Cleveland Browns traded Joe Flacco here to Cincinnati. He says, somebody in Cleveland is stupid. Ain't that the truth? That's a and he's talking about their front office, a firm grass of the obvious. Oh, just saying, just saying. Let's see the five and one Bearcats willie in honor of Jim Kelly Junior. They're tied for the lead in the Big twelve. What they're ranked twenty fourth this week in Oklahoma State the Cowboys or next, I don't know who's in the Big twelve. Is Oklahoma in the Big twelve? No, they're in the SEC What about Texas Tech. They're in the Big twelve. That's a problem right there. Penn State fired head coach James Franklin yesterday. He gets the second biggest buyout in college football history at forty nine million dollars. Why did they give him that deal? Good agent, have some competition with he will school. He will make twenty thousand dollars a day from Penn State for the next six years. Per week, he's going to make one hundred and fifty six thousand dollars per month, month per month, six hundred and sixty market to do nothing, market the beast and like it. Why would they give him a contract when they're competing with no one. So he's getting forty nine million dollars, second only to Jimbo Texas A and M. Yeah, he's got it's seventy two million for him. How about Luke Fickel at Wisconsin. I think he's up in the forties. They gas him, which is probably not too far away after the Ohio State man, right, thank you, there goes. Luke Fickle may come back here and watch him at the You know, we don't want him back. We don't want him back. Baseball Willie It's Game two of the ALCS tonight with Seattle in Toronto. A National League Championship series begins tonight at eight Dodgers and Brewers in Milwaukee. What do you have when you're four teams playing, you want none of them win. I don't want any of them. Knowing that's true with the Dodgers to win. I don't want the Milwaukee to win. Despite Tom Brenneman, who's a fan of the brew Crew, I couldn't care less. College basketball preseason AP Top twenty five. Here we go. You see Purdue one, Houston two, See Florida three, Miami Yukon four, Saint John's five, Michigan seven, Indiana Wildcats nine, uk Pat Kelsey. The Cardinals are eleventh. Ohio State is thirtieth. You see her. They're not in it. In the Southeastern Conference media poll, what about it? Big Blue Nation is not happy what happened. They're picking the defending champion NCAA champion Florida Gators to win the SEC. Kentucky is second. I'd picked them too. There was probably a riot going on right now in Lexington, But in Florida. Who knows who's coming back and who's not coming back. I don't want to tell you there you go right there, that's out it in sports, I think so segment you have any hope, there's a flickering candle and the darkness of space. I heard you say in the hallway a few minutes ago that you had hope. I have hope for the Bengal Until you do it, especially when you haven't done it for a long time, there's doubt. And by the way, that's normal. It's natural, like a married man talking about sex. Nonetheless, Right now, the Bengals are two and four. If they win Thursday, three and four, right, then a week from Thursday, well they got the Jets E. E. T SJTs four and four, don at home against the Bears, the Bears five and four. Your comments on that one, that happens and everybody will be happy. On the other hand, I bet that Joe Burrow, then we'll be back by Thanksgiving. Joe Frederick will be happy. But on the other hand, if the Steelers win on Thursday and two and four becomes two and five, no, we got issues. I wonder if he's got a Franklin, James Franklin type golden parachute. You know what, that's a very good one about NFL. Come the way, they just had the Knesset up. There were two people in the Kanesse that were protesting the speech of Donald Trump. They quickly hurry them out and get out, get out, get out. And Trump said, look, Gordon Ramsey, both of them, They said, these are like democrats in Washington. Get out. You sure one guy wasn't named Shermer and the other guy was named maybe maybe yeah maybe uh snuck on the Air Force one. How about that plane ride overnight of Israel flying into Israel and ended Egypt. Isn't this unsafe a little bit?
Speaker 2: You have?
Speaker 1: Well, he's got rid of everybody, so I mean, who else is gonna shoot at us? Allegedly they have the US hoodies? What about the hoodies hoodies Mediterranean? And they have on top of the buildings they have shoulder fired missiles waiting for some object in the sky to appear. They got shoulder fired missiles on top of buildings, says looking at the sky. They have drone technology to knock them out right, And you got all the world leaders together. Do you think maybe Hamas apparently is apparently Marty Brenham is on a trip in the Mediterranean. That's probably the same. I don't know if he was at the Kanessan or not. The sport there, if I save his place in the world is the Kanesssan. But those guys, it's for sure. You did you visit there when you went in the Holy Lands? I did, did you? Canessa is a It looks a little part in the middle, looks almost like the Commonwealth, the debating headquarters in London. It's small, so it's it's nothing like the capital or it's nothing okay, okay, Hell, they got Democrats and Republicans over there too, different parties. Well, twenty percent of the Kanesse are Muslims who live. Well, there's gay pride flags in downtown Jerusalem. I was a little surprised by that. It's a little more conservative. And there was Catholic churches, there were Syrian churches, there was Egyptian Coptics, there were Jews that were Muslims of every sect. People, everybody's over there, they're okay. It got along. Tel Aviv was wonderful. He headed the King and David hotel that was that was wonderful. Had a tour the can First lady rode a camel she got on the back. There was a familiar voice in the back of the crowd. There was about was she like letting Lawrence of Arabia. Some guy on a rider truck comes out. He opens up the back door of the truck. Here comes a huge camel and I'm looking at this thing and he's out passing gas and like he's blowing snot said it looks like this segment. So the guy comes over and this thing was huge. And I heard this this Arab say, who went to ride? Who went the right jet row? Who wants the right jet throw? I heard a familiar voice from the back of the crowd. I'll do it, I said, what she gets on the camel. I lift her up, and she got on the camel and the camel takes off. I'm yelling at Mohammed, Mohammed, that's my wife. We're in the amount of olives. I said, go get her. Oh he'll come back, I said, And she's going like this, rocking and roll on top of the camel. I'm gonna go. Youve got thirty feet off the ground, right, Well you're high, yeah, right. This thing was passing gas the entire time. I guess you quick when you gotta go, you gotta go. I guess Cordery and Campbell's I don't know. Say get me out of the Studge Report. We have livings at you think that thing ought to have a colonoscovy like you did. I would not give him one. No use that hot tub thing I used a hot tub. I give him a camel. The stirrups say, give me out the stooge, give me out of the Studge Report. Willy, on this Monday, we leave you with the immortal words of the Stood Report. Outstanding, Jim Kelly, Rest in peace. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred w L Bill Cunningham, the great American. Of course, many of us are interested in what's happening in the city of Cincinnati. A great majority of our listenership, and the triestay he does not live in the city. In fact, only about ten to fifteen percent due of those who listen, because the rest of us try to get out. I lived in Avenue for a while and got out, and it should be a great community. And what's happening in the city of Cincinnati is similar to what's happening in most other major American cities, which is the schools cannot be attended because of all the violence and the lack of education. Secondly, the police departments are demoralized. The judges do not put criminals in jail. Probation officers are collapsing, brought down town, and there's a sense of hopelessness that stalks the land in the city of Cincinnati. Unless you watch the great debate with f tab Puivaal and Corey Bowman and what you listen in the mayor, life couldn't be much better than it is right now that we've incentivized the police to do their job. We have new plans and new ideas for connected communities. We have to build more affordable housing, whatever the hell that is. And if you believe this happy talk, I'll send you a bridge to sell your bridge somewhere in Brooklyn. Joining you and I now is Lynda Matthews, who is with the Avenue Community Council spend at these issues in the urban cores for a long long time. And Linda Matthews, once again, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show this Monday afternoon. And first of all, when you monitored the debate with Corey Bowman, many issues are brought up in involving aftet, Pureval etc. What did you take away from the great debate?
Speaker 8: Well, what I took away is that Corey Bowman is going to make a great mayor. We are sick and pat of atpath. He was condescending, he didn't stick to the issues. People recognize it, they're filling it, and we're going to get him out of there.
Speaker 1: As far as affordable housing, can you tell me what the heck that means. It's one of those great liberal phrases. We're going to build more affordable housing. Last week I saw this new development in Oakley and I thought, you know, I wouldn't mind believe it or not, Penny and I living in Oakley or maybe Hyde Park check it out. I looked at the new housing in Oakley, these standalone structures one point three to one point seven million dollars. I said, well, hell, that's a affordable if your Carl Linder. And then the other thing is I looked at the affordable housing in hyde Park with this new development. They're going to come back with another plan after everyone gets elected, I imagine. And the rents are forty five hundred dollars a month for an apartment. Is that affordable housing, Linda Matthews, What am I missing?
Speaker 8: That is not affordable at all?
Speaker 3: It is just a total disgrace.
Speaker 8: You have families out here who are working two jobs trying to paid twenty five hundred dollars for.
Speaker 3: A two bedroom apartment on.
Speaker 8: An apartment that four years ago was only six hundred dollars. And it's a problem. Affordable is affordable.
Speaker 3: If you look up what the definition of it is.
Speaker 8: And right now what's being built in our great city is not affordable housing.
Speaker 1: It's just for.
Speaker 8: People who incomes that have very good incomes. But for the average Cincinnatian, it's not affordable at all, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Linda Matthews. Like many American cities, there's the poor and none, there's the rich in between. Like the middle class cannot afford and Cincinnati to live in a house and to pay the property taxes ever going up and then have one or two kids to send or allows these school system. Middle class Americans are leaving. And let's talk about crime and punishment. What is your sense of the plan of the mayor to incentivize police to do their job? What the hell does that mean?
Speaker 8: So there, I mean, you know, it's just so sad because at the beginning of this of may I was calling for the and in all over the summer, I was calling for the mayor to accept the services of the governor, you know, and here we are, we went through all this. I did an ad on it, opt that, and the inquiry stated he needs to accept all the services only to get up there and patronize the city in line and say you're.
Speaker 4: Only going to take two days.
Speaker 8: How is that actually helping the city of Cincinnati stay safe. It's arrogance and it's not something that the city is going to accept because guess what, it affects the black community more than anybody for you to come into our communities and talk about all these little small initiatives that you're talking about. But at the same time, people in our community are dying every day, and so it's just it just has to stop, you know, it really has to stop. And he has to go. And he really needs to accept the services of the governor thirty days every month, you know.
Speaker 3: We need it.
Speaker 8: And he still hasn't done that, and I'm very disappointed in his leadership, and he needs to go.
Speaker 1: Is there a connection between the black community and f to have pureval many times, whether it was Mark Mallory or other leaders who become the mayor, just a sense he's one of our guys. Is there a sension you're on the Evanel Community Council. Is there a sense that after Puerival is like one came out of the black community, understands the black community, works with the black community, cares about the black community other than hiring Irish Roie. Is there a sense that he represents black interests in the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 8: He does not. I mean, he gets he only deals with those people who.
Speaker 1: Are paid to play.
Speaker 8: Also, you know, so much has happened in our community. You know, he's not addressed any of those concerns. He's only listening to certain people. He's not listening to all the people. And so I'm very disappointed. You know, it's just horrible leadership and we need a.
Speaker 1: Change, you know, getting back to the news conference about a month ago. I spoke to Governor Mike de Wine before and after, and he always wondered when he made the offers in August to help out after the July twenty third beat down involving Holly and others. He I'm kind of amazed the mayor doesn't want to accept this, because I'm doing this Eveland, Youngstown, Columbus, and Toledo and it's having a measurable impact because what it does is free up city cops to do get a handful of warrants, go out and arrest people who have warns out for their arrest. He gives cops the incentive to go pull people over, and he said for traffic violations. And then when he did accept it, he said, well, let's see what happens. It came out two or three days later. There were two shifts a month and it turned out to be zero. I spoke to Ken Cobra about a week ago and Ken Cober said, there's no highway patrolman anywhere in the city of Cincinnati. So thirty days became two days, became no days, and it didn't happen. And explain to me that you live in Avondale, You've been there a long time. Have things gotten better or worse? To pass four years under after to have pure.
Speaker 8: Vault, it has gotten worse. You hear gunfire all the time, crime everywhere, and people are getting tire. Taxpayers are getting.
Speaker 4: Tired of it.
Speaker 8: Right here in Avondale. We're getting tired of it, you know, I'm tired of the lip talk and no action. He hasn't done anything but took pictures and stuff like that and not done anything of any credibility in our communities.
Speaker 1: It's sad discuss what is connected communities. So the mayor talked about at the Great Debate about connected communities and somehow Evan now is going to be connected to Hyde Park and going to be connected to Oakley, going to be connected to Sailor Park. Connected communities, all these buzzwords liberals love to talk about, such as enabling the police, just as diversity, equity and inclusion, such as connected communities. You know, what the health connected communities is.
Speaker 8: Connected communities has been a true failure. You know, if you just look at High Park, you know you're coming in and you're bulldozing down communities and you're not really engaged in the community at all. You just come in with your developers and you just do what you want to do to these communities. High Parks stood up against them, and look what happened. They got eighteen thousand and people that sign petitions to stop the development in High Parks and put it on the ballot, and I was right there from the beginning of collecting those signatures to take it in those petitions to the city clerk. And I support the reminding this getting rid of connected communities because it's not helping the communities at all.
Speaker 1: Do you think the fire of those in Hyde Park, etc. Is going to maintain through the election or did the efforts of city council to curtail that huge development overpowering High Park Square? Will that be forgotten by the voters? That's what That's what our Home.
Speaker 8: High Park is organizing across every fifty two communities. They're doing an excellent job and engaging everyone so that we can come together and fight against development.
Speaker 4: That we don't want in our communities.
Speaker 8: You know, you have to come to the community first and talk with the community, get the ideas, not just come in with your plans and bullet over over what the community wants. So they're doing an excellent job. They're organizing and they're not going anywhere, and I support them.
Speaker 1: What happens to the Lynda Matthews that these policies of this mayor continue for the next four years. Where do you see your future?
Speaker 8: I'm going to run for city Council. Hopefully they will elect me, and I'm going to be a sounding board for our communities because we can do better. We have great people that are running, like Corey Bowman, with Chris Smithman and myself, who are going to hold these people accountable. The taxpayers are tired of it. I am too. It is time for change.
Speaker 1: Would you ever give up on Avondale and say I can't do this anymore? I can't believe. The policies is too expensive, property textures are too high, the police are disincentivized. We have so called connected communities that stink the city of Cincinnati and Avondale is not what it was. Are you going to continue to put up with this and say you don't win on council? And many think you going to win, But if things don't go the right way, what are your plans in the future.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna stay right here in Avondale and I'm going to fight to make sure that we have safe communities, all fifty two communities. I'm gonna work with Hyghe Park. I'm gonna stay engaged and I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to fight until the end. I'm going to fight because our children deserve it. We need safe communities because we know if we have safe communities, we have capital. Safety equals capital. No one wants to come into a city, our community but that's not safe and invest their dollars. So I'm gonna continue to fight for Cincinnati. I'm a lifetime Cincinnati and Xavier grad Central State trustee, and I believe in our city. I love our city, and we have great people who really have concerns about this our city, and I'm gonna continue to fight.
Speaker 3: I'm not going anywhere.
Speaker 1: Linda Matthews, I love that. What is your website if any of people want to get in, Like Tony Bender, even though he lives in Boone County, he cares deeply about the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 8: What is your website as votelandimatthews dot com. Go on there and look at all the issues that we're talking about, all the great work that I have done in the community all over the years and being an educator. So go to that website. Votlandomatthews dot com and Voteland The Matthews, Corey Bowman and Chris Smithman. You know we're in it to win it.
Speaker 1: God bless you. Let's see what happens. You know, we have the community we deserve, So the city of Cincinnati deserves much better political leader, something we have right now. And you need a police force citizen centivized. You need better community services such as fixing potholes. You need a better attribution. When you call nine to one one, you want to make sure someone shows up. And at this point, the fire department is demoralized. The firefighters are against AFTAB Peer of All, the police are against af TA have peer of All, and many other city workers are against a pure of all. And I'm glad that a citizen and the community council there in Avondale arose like a mighty tsunami and said we don't have to live like this anymore, and change changes what's required. And once again, Linda Matthews, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show, and Linda have a great day. Thank you, Thanks, thanks you. Bill. Let's continue with more, and of course Bengals kick off Thursday night. Coverage starts about nine o'clock in the morning on Thursday. But these are important matters and hopefully the citizens of Cincinnati will realize what's been done to them and not for them, Bill Cunningham, these Radio seven hundred WLW. That's the music, Dave Keaton, the excitement continues. A couple of thoughts came to my mind listening to Lynda Matthews, who spent her life in Cincinnati, graduate here and Central State, etc. And came back to evan able to live, and that is, you don't have to live like this. And the analogy was made by Bill O'Reilly about nine and a half ago that I made the argument to Bill, which is an argument I don't fully accept the argument, but here it is that those to live in the city of Cincinnati and those who live in Chicago or Memphis, or Los Angeles or Portland, it's up to those residents and citizens living in those areas to change their political leadership. It's not up to us. It's not up to someone living in Kenwood or Sycamore Township or Boone County to save the city of Cincinnati from these from the fools, the arrogance of its political leadership. And many of the leaders of the Democrat Party or bought and paid for directly or indirectly, so therefore they benefit greatly by having the Democrats still in charge, which is trashing the city of Cincinnati, ruining public education on high expenses. So the thought is, you know what, who cares? I'm voting for Tom Weidman. I'm voting for conservative Republicans in the UH in Sycamore Township in Kenwood, That's what That's what I'm doing. And so I have Do I have a dog in that fight? I think in a sense I do. Analogy was made that if Abraham l in An eighteen sixty one said, look, slavery's a democratic problem in the South. The Democrats are in charge, and so why go to war kill hundreds of thousands of Americans to bring light to the heads of racist democrats in the South and own the slaves? Why do we do that? Or one hundred years later, why should the feeds care if the Democrats who can control Alabama and Tennessee, Louisiana and Arkansas, why should we send troops to Arkansas, Alabama or Tennessee, whatever, because the democrats there don't care about civil rights for its black citizens to go go to public schools. Well, why do we care? Live your life change the way it is. But many it took the principal to approach you don't have to live like this. And so if you live in the city of Cincinnati with high crime, shots being fired, exorbitant real estate taxes, you live in the city of Cincinnati that has so called connected communities that stink. There's no affordable housing either a millionaire or in Section eight. And you can't afford to live in the city of Cincinnati, and you can't send your kid to the public schools. Why shouldn't those of us who live outside care. It's up to the citizens of Cincinnati to change his political leadership. But don't let them divert from the failure of their policies and blame jd. Vance or Donald Trump or some boogeyman behind a drape somewhere. Take responsibility and so, yes, it'd be a good thing. But you don't have to live like this. What do you have to lose? Look at the status of your city. Big companies are moving out, small companies aren't moving in. Restaurants are closing, massive lawlessness, open air drug use, homelessness, exorbitant cost and the few people in charge of the city say, let's keep it going. We need four more years of this. When the firefighters and the cops don't endorse that gives you a clue. They're on the ground every day. They know what's going on, and they're saying, don't vote for the current political leadership, and don't let them lie to you and gaslight you. Don't let that happen. And so yes, I guess I do care. Those who are forced to be in schools that dysfunction, live in a community filled with drug abusers and homelessness. Okay, go ahead and do it. Live in a community that need speed bumps instead of police officers who are demoralized. You voted for these clowns. You voted for these fools who pay themselves large amounts of money and their friends. It's up to you to change it. What happens if you don't change. Do we have to come in like Donald Trump might want to do and put National Guard in democratically controlled cities to bring law and order? When it's up to the residents and voters of the city of Cincinnati to change. If it don't change, shall we come and save your bacon when you refuse to help yourself. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred ww yes.
Speaker 7: Ods, he's done it. Such down, such down, touchdown, touchdown, hell by it I'm broadcasting voted.
Speaker 1: Oh guy first of all. Rock many issues to passing at Jim Kelly this morning at the age of seventy two five cancer like a wawrior poet for two years. All of us lose to fight in the long run, but nonetheless Jim Kelly will be sorely messed by everyone at UC. Jim Kelly was one of the best. I know.
Speaker 9: His son actually very very well, Dave Kelly. He was my spotter for my ESPN games for about three years. What does the spotter do. He's the guy that he's the extra set of eyes in the booth is and he works. He's mainly my my playboy play guy at the time Clay Matwick it was his spotter. But he works with all of this and you know it's a hard job, but you know you're well looking on the field. Who made the tackles at eighty nine or was it eighty eight? I don't know his spotter. His job is a boom. He points to your boards that he spots him and and Dave Kelly is one of the very very best there is out there, hands down in terms of being a spotter.
Speaker 1: But talked to his dad a bunch of times. It was always mean.
Speaker 9: Such a sweetheart of a guy, and he will be soling this truly best out there.
Speaker 1: Nineteen forty seven, Jim Kelly Senior started at UC, and after he went through UC, of course, he came to Deer Park High School, where he was the athletic director and the football coach before Tom Griswold. And that's where I met him when I was playing basketball for Saint Savior Grade School, which is where Jim Kelly Junior went to grade school with the Nuns, sister of Charity. So they've been connected to you. See, this is nineteen forty seven, and my simple deer Park Matt tells me that's about seventy eight years. That's a long time to be long. Seventy eight seventy eight years that guy statue. I get a statue of them, both of them, father and son and maybe grandson. But you have some statistics, you know, unlike segment. You and I deal with facts. He deals with that purble. And I'm making the comment that James Franklin, the head coach of Penn State, got twenty thousand dollars a week for the next six years forty nine million, not expin explain.
Speaker 9: That, well, it comes down to these these athletic directors, and at some point folks just start pointing the finger at them a little bit. I guess the argument is a coach like Franklin at the time he has the leverage.
Speaker 1: He says, well, if Penn State, if you don't.
Speaker 9: Get me this contract or you don't give me this contract extension, I'm gonna go here and you're gonna be stuck with nothing.
Speaker 1: So it's you know, negotiations work when you have leverage. I had leverage once in my life. Do you do when you a few times you have it?
Speaker 4: What do you do?
Speaker 1: Drive it home? Thank you? Mike mcconsolutely driving it in Chicago. He's just sent in some flowers, like once a year or two. I'm gonna celebrate Mike McConnell.
Speaker 9: Much, but but the fact of the matter is, yeah, he's a forty nine million dollar buyout right now. Currently there have been seven FBS schools already that have fired their coach. Okay, James Franklin, Mike Gundy, Sam Pittman from Arkansas, Brent Pry from Virginia Tech, Jason Foster from UCLA, Trent Dilfer, from UAD just got fired, and Trent Brave from Morgan State.
Speaker 1: I believe that was today or yesterday.
Speaker 9: All those in total are topping one hundred million dollars in buy out money. And if there's more coaches fire that number, we'll just continue to go up. Obviously about and here here, yes, they're they're saying. I mean some report I read today said it could be upwards of two hundred by the end of the year.
Speaker 1: Two hundred million dollars. Where does that come from?
Speaker 9: I think it shows you just how rich some people connected with universities are that they can write these kind of checks to just make something go away. Well, you'd away to James Franklin. The past three the three seasons, he won eleven and two, ten and three and thirteen and three and three and one two playoff games. Last year, two weeks ago he was the number yeah, number two ranked team in the country.
Speaker 1: Two weeks later, running all of a sudden became a bad coach. I guess after about twelve years.
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, thing is the one thing working against him was he won every game, well until this, until these last couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: He won every game he should have won.
Speaker 9: He never won that game where it's like, Ohio State's got a better roster, better team, but he just goes and sneaks one and gets it. He won every game, he should have won the big and then he you know, then they lost to Orgon twice. Basically he lost that game which they could have won. And then they went to u c.
Speaker 2: L A.
Speaker 9: And you can't lose to a coach that doesn't know how a headset works. If you've seen if you've seen that.
Speaker 1: Clip, U c l A has no football team, and they got they got hammered, right, and then night Hives.
Speaker 9: The guy who took over, admitted after the game he didn't know how to head how the headset work. I don't know how to turn it on or off, or how to pull the thing down was talking to it.
Speaker 1: You can't lose that situation, Okay.
Speaker 9: But here's what's interesting to me, though, is every a d I talked to and football person I talked to in college football says, you know, in the day and age of n I L, universities don't want to fire their coach because now, I mean, look, that's forty nine million dollars Penn State could have used to buy players for the next six years.
Speaker 1: Yes, now, all of a sudden, that's gone.
Speaker 9: So the trend that people thought would happen was Okay, coaches will be a little bit safer because you can't fire them because they don't want to dip it in.
Speaker 1: That's that has not happened direct I can.
Speaker 9: The only reason why I can tell you it goes back to what I said earlier, and that is just shows you how rich some of these people, some of these donors and folks connected with the university are that they can just do this over and over and over millions of dollars a year.
Speaker 1: Boom, boom, boom. I can't believe people are writing these kind of checks at Penn State. Forty nine million. He's paid out over his contract, so it could be six six more years. How much does he make a week, a month, a day? It said here what broke it up? Break down? Break it down? It was one hundred. He's gonna make twenty thousand dollars. Let's see why you got too many guys. Twenty He'll make twenty thousand dollars a day from Penn State for the next six years. Per week he rolls in one hundred and fifty six thousand per month, six hundred and sixty. Not bad, that's not bad. But you are not doing something you wanted to tell you. The next coach is gonna be Please tell me Crystal Ball as someone who knows these things.
Speaker 9: Not no Jordan in that, but I think it should be and will be Ryan Silverfield from Memphis.
Speaker 1: That's what I think it's really Get a fifty nine million dollars one hell of a coach. I've had them over the years, and he rolled up the points coach. Yes, sir, they like to play football, and he likes to run the ball. And during the season he's dialed in, dialed in. What about Nick Saban? He's staying on game day and loving it? What about Bill Belichick? Is he loving it?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think he wants to jump in and he wants to He's getting toldough in your seventies you should quit working. Do you do you agree? I mean anywhere wrong to Cincinnati about the future? Cincinnati? What'd you just say in the seventies you ought to quit? Say give me some sports and make it fast. Know what he just said? I I heard it say? Did did I say that? Yeah? I like to revise and extend my remarks. See I mean right, do some math here? When were you born nine, nineteen forty seven? Be careful around here they hear one or two things you never know. I love I love Tony Pike. There you go, but not that much will are the border is the proud service every local tame Star heating and air conditioning dealers temp star quality you can feel in beautiful Milford. The home of one main gallery right down the street is Baker Heating at five one three, eight, three, one fifty one twenty four spot. Let's see will you got the Bengals line tonight at six oh five talking about the loss yesterday to the Pack. The first NFL coaches out. Tennessee Titans have fired head coach Brian Callahan after a one in five start. Former Bengals defensive coordinators out after just twenty three games with the Titans going four and nineteen and just handed to me as eight whoa former Major League Baseball player and coach, Sandy Alomar Senior has passed away at eighty one. He was an Indian, wasn't He played for six different teams in his fifteen year Koreer, Indian he's the father of Sandy Alomar junior Indian of a six time All Star. Let me give you some facts. I am right here. If here's the facts, I want to ask you, which is better first half of the second half with your Bengals. In the first half they had a total of zero points. In the second half they had eighteen points of Green Bay, which is better? Second half?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 1: Right? First half they had sixty five yards total offense. Second half they had two hundred and three second half good. In the first half they had four first downs, three on penalty, and the second half they had sixteen first downs second half. Correct. And lastly, in the first half had eight minutes of possession and the second half they had nineteen minutes, which is better. Second half?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 1: Now, why I want to know why? By Joe Flunko all happened? Now you got what happened?
Speaker 9: The guy in town like like two and a half he came in two and a half days, talk him about half of football. What he did was a miracle in the second half about the first time? Did you hear Jamar Chase after the game said he had because he wont him sick?
Speaker 1: Like on was that Friday?
Speaker 4: Or whatever it was.
Speaker 1: He had a grand.
Speaker 9: Total of twelve reps of football with Joe Flacco that week and he comes out in the game gets ten receptions.
Speaker 1: For whatever it was. It's amazing how he can just pluck the ball. Even said that after the game, and t Higgins can just pluck it out of the air where they're.
Speaker 9: At those mits. And I guess apparently that touchdown catch he had which something. Let me tell me what that route is called? Because I know football, I have not never just throw the ball the best player when they got fared with him to hold the odd But Joel smart is he doesn't know all the insounts to the offense.
Speaker 1: But he knows the number one, number one, number five, umber one, number five.
Speaker 9: Five one days combined had fifteen catches. Now that's smart.
Speaker 1: How many weeks too?
Speaker 9: A couple of weeks ago between the two of them had like like five targets.
Speaker 1: Right now, they're throwing the ball. Can they win Thursday? If they win Thursday night, they go to win games. The best players win games. But they could be five and four in three weeks. Yeah, they got three game home stretch here, right, they could be if they're five.
Speaker 9: Told you before the season with the healthy Joe Burrow that the Bengals will be five and four to the buy.
Speaker 1: Would you have taken it? Yes, I would have taken it exactly. I would have. I said, Okay, now, let's let's talk about the defense. That's another issue. By the way, where was Michael Parsons? Was he on leave of What the hell happened to him? Guy's making almost three? What about that? Where was he did a good job? And what he he gets the ball out of his hand? You know, he's according I talked to Dave Abbitt. He said, a Flunkla, let's a flunk or flat back. He's six foot six, six six. He's a big guy, big man. He looks down on you. Yeah, take your reaction. Give me some by the way, give me sports. Will you quit being a fool over there and give me some sports. Let's see baseball.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: The American League Division Championship Series Game two coming up at five Seattle in Toronto, NLCS tonight the opener l A and Milwaukee. Perdue is the number one team in the preseason Associated Press AP College basketball season. Houston is second, Florida third, Kentucky is ninth. Losville eleventh. Does anyone know who won the w NBA title the Vegas When one does it begin, they swell, I mean last year, I mean this year the Las Vegas Ace is won at all?
Speaker 9: Name three players that play for the Aces right now? Go thank give us some more sports.
Speaker 1: Let's see NHL tonight New Jersey and Columbus. It's a home opener for the Jackets. Jackets. The Cyclones open their season Saturday night downtown against Wheeling and wait, Cyclones free beer night or something? Right? I think it's three two one? Why's that? Three hot dogs, two beers are nicety dollars hot dogs, two dollars beers and dollar ice cream rock? Do you have any hope at all? Because I'm getting reports that maybe Jordan Hudson and the Bill Belichick are ready to cash out in North Carolina. You're telling me yay or nay.
Speaker 2: On that now?
Speaker 9: The university is one of the Titans a joint statement saying that they're happy with their coach.
Speaker 1: Now, what's that mean? What does that mean? He is the coach? The vote of confidence and anytime they release that, I mean, when do I like the hot what's Sunday from you? When do I get it? You said it going? No, he said he wouldn't start the season. I said he would. I think I paid that off, didn't they? He did pay that one off?
Speaker 4: I said that.
Speaker 9: I said they would, well, maybe go to a POLG seven they would go to I said they would in six games and possibly go to seven six.
Speaker 1: I got that six cat? What about the Cats though? What about the big twelve at twenty fourth and the nation? How about that? You didn't see that come in honor of Jim Kelly. Jim Kelly junior and senior and Dave can get an honor all of the Kellies. Yes, but you getting back to reality. I'm looking at this thing on Thursday night. Aaron Rodgers. I still don't buy him as a forty forty one year old quarterback. Would you? These two guys are eighty one years old and they're playing quarterback. You talk about too old to play in the National Football eighty one too old? Well, you're seventy seventy. I'm still playing. Yeah, I shot seventy four. He began to shoot your agent golf. Something's wrong. But do you have any hope other than this is a flickering candy.
Speaker 9: Offense gives me some hope that the lack of defense, and now with Trey Hendrickson possibly missing, I don't know, I mean miss the second half of the game. But the offense looked competent. But and it's very simple. He got the ball to his playmakers.
Speaker 1: That's idea of a billion dollars. Get the ball to one or five, five or one, Ray Lewis, get the ball to bear one, get the ball. The offense gives me hope. Defense, But they didn't do bad against the pack, did they really? With love and great weather and well, yeah, I gee what you're saying. They're one of the best teams in the league. So it's hard to at home lambeau Field. Elmo sent me. It's just how it happened.
Speaker 9: The Bengal was going that open over the third quarter, seventeen play drive converted a third and four, and then the fourth down play finds Tanner Hudson.
Speaker 1: You're like, okay, ten to seven.
Speaker 4: Not bad.
Speaker 9: And then the Packers get the ball back and it was boom boom, boom, touchdown, seventeen to seven. And then the Bengals get the ball back again and get a field goal. It's seventeen to ten, not bad Packers get the ball again.
Speaker 1: Boom boom boom boom boom boom boom twenty four ten. How about Money Mack hitting at that deal and then they call t O t O baby on a tier difference right there? I don't know dooinked it in? That would have been well off the cross sixty seven yard field goal. At some point he's going to kick a seventy yarder. That'll be the mark he used to be like dempse what was a sixty one? Sixty one? Now it's going to be seventy yards and U money Mack has two feet. I'm seeing I had half a foot half a foot maybe an advantage. Maybe you have your foot cut off. I'm gonna mention this, the money Mac cut off half your right there.
Speaker 9: There's a question, Moneymack, if you could be guaranteed to get a NFL record long field goal, if you cut half your foot off, would you do it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I got to use my foot for other purposes, like what kicking SEG's ass? And I want to full foot on that, that's for sure. So Rock, what's on the big show today? If anything, I don't know. You have no idea. No Eddie is out, Jason, I don't know where he is. He said in London, London.
Speaker 2: I know he's not.
Speaker 9: You can't be the third time he's gone to London. I'm gonna start wondering about him. If he's going to London three times.
Speaker 4: But he is out.
Speaker 1: I'm fired up to work alongside the great Jason Williams. You wrote a column. I read the column. Discust the Bengals right out of discussing. If you got the guts, discussed it with him, If you got the guts, I will how Notre Dame do this weekend? Of course, but they went out and something State Friday say, give me out in Stude's report. Police them and Cole rain got beat again. Give me out of the Studge report. Please, even with the you don't answer, what's the question? The question is get me out of the students report. That's the question. Willy. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stoode report. Twenty seconds left.
Speaker 10: One more step for Desmond Ritter and the UC bearcat is he takes the snap, He takes the knee, except he pumps his fist. Except the celebration begins at Notre Dame Stadium. Opportunity seized as the Bearcat send a message to.
Speaker 1: The college football world.
Speaker 10: Did you see that Cincinnati wins it twenty four to thirteen.
Speaker 1: Jim Kelly never had a better day.
Speaker 9: By the way, you missed the anniversary that it was like last Monday. I think, I'm like all these people text me and tweeting about it, and I was like.
Speaker 1: You didn't bring it up, did you. Of course not. On seven hundred WLW