Speaker 1: The following takes place between six pm and seven pm. Do you want answers? I think I'm entitled.
Speaker 2: You want answers? The truth? You can't handle the truth?
Speaker 1: Truth, the truth. All right, let's get to it. Six oh eight seven hundred WLW. You welcome into RNL.
Speaker 3: Carry or sports Talk forsentaby Kelsey Chevrolet. I'm last for callister, No time to waste, Let's get to it. My first guest has lived the Crosstown Shootout as a player and as a broadcaster, going back to the early nineties and his final four bear Cats. He teams with Dan Horde on the call tonight coverage coming up here at seven o'clock. That means we are talking to nonether than Terry Nelson. T Now, how are you?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Brother?
Speaker 4: If it's noise hair, it's because I'm in the day of your media rooms.
Speaker 1: A bunch of people in here understood. Take me back.
Speaker 3: You arrived here in ninety one with Corey and Eric Martin from California, so I'm sure the the shootout was not on your radar. When did it really hit you in terms of just how.
Speaker 1: Big this game was?
Speaker 4: When I opened my mouth, when I over my mouth and said that we should blow him out. They don't have a chance, you know, across then shoot out of the Bible gang members going at it where I'm from, and I didn't think anything of it until the media storm hit. Like it was a really build up back then, and I'm like, wait a minute. Practice was harder, guys were you know, it was a little bit more intense from Huggins and he was already intense. And then when you know, we I didn't know wasn't supposed to talk trash when you're going into an environment like that.
Speaker 5: I never seen the environment like that before, and it was awesome.
Speaker 3: Day Day is the only player on either roster tonight who has played in and experienced this thing. If you could talk to this Bearcat group before the tip, what would you tell him about tonight?
Speaker 4: Use behave as energy because it's real. Use the hated energy. Use what they say as fans towards you. Don't take it personal. They're doing whatever they can do to try to get you out of your game in order to be successful. So a lot of players in their first time they get shocked by the crowd and how the crowd can be nasty and I'm like, man, this is the rivalry. So you're gonna hear stuff that you haven't heard before. Don't respond to it. The only way to respond to it. You can make them be quiet by by you know, running up to score terry.
Speaker 3: In a game where emotions run high, how big a role or what kind of role should the officials play in it?
Speaker 4: Stand away from it. You know, they keep going to talk about the fight.
Speaker 5: The fight was a.
Speaker 4: One time thing and there was some guardrails put in place. You know, you start playing down at the Heritage Bank Center for a couple of years, and you know, before you know it, it's you know, you're back on campuses and now they kind of come out and they can feel the energy and they want to call founds. They want to make sure they set the tone. It's like, no, this is not your game to set a tone. That the players set the tone. It's gonna be some physicality. There's gonna be some files that have missed uh, and hopefully they're missed on purpose.
Speaker 1: On both sides.
Speaker 4: Guys need to finish and when they when they finish, let the you know, rest just stay out the way. Don't try to put a commanding tone.
Speaker 1: On it, Terry.
Speaker 3: When you're the visitor in a game like this, how big? How big are the first like five minutes of maybe surviving that initial rush of energy and emotion.
Speaker 4: That's big because you know they're gonna come out pumped because they've been hearing about it. Nobody played in this game other than Dana, as you said, and so they're gonna feel this. They're gonna feel this energy. And if they can just withstand that first TV timeout, settle down, come back and run their stuff. Now, who knows since that it may come out to a big league. But if they do come out to a big league I hope they don't think it's over because whether guys have played in this or not, from Xavior, they know there's gonna be a run. It's some about this building. It's gonna be a run. It's gonna be a push this night. He can go up twenty and they just gonna make a push. Bearcats can be down ten and you know there's gonna be a push from the Bearcat. So just don't try to, you know, take the moment.
Speaker 5: Until the triple zeros in the second half.
Speaker 4: Don't think the game is over.
Speaker 3: I'm always uh I'm always curious and interested to see how freshmen specifically handle a game like this. Tell me about shot Abayev in terms of dealing with tonight in his makeup, Well, he's a big.
Speaker 4: Game player, and well as freshman, you just want consistency, and he's showing up in big games, and then you know he wants to show that he is the guy, and so he's gonna take tough shots and they're gonna look like bad shots when they miss. When they go in, you can be like unbelievable. And this guy has got every package you know, and those teams you love the shot selection when they go in, and you're scratch in your head when he misses. So if he can come out and you know, hit some shots, do what he's got to do early, it'll be great.
Speaker 3: Is there an aspect of this game, a matchup that fans should keep an eye on tonight that could dictate how this goes?
Speaker 1: In your mind?
Speaker 4: Yeah, if the Bearcats are defending the three, I mean this team is a three point shooting.
Speaker 2: They want to put them up.
Speaker 4: Ironically, the Bearcats will put up more threes and they're making more well, they're making about eleven Bearcats are making about nine and a half per game, and Javier's putting up some pretty good numbers as well. So you want to make sure you watch that how the Bearcats defend the three because I think the Bearcasts will rule the paint as far as shot blocking and rebounding around there. So what you want to watch out is are they filing on a three point line? Are they defending it without filing, and are they able to take those misses and turn them into points?
Speaker 3: Last question, great catching up with you, and as much as we've talked about all the differ for an aspect to this game, it always seems like there's somebody who turns into performance that nobody saw coming.
Speaker 1: It's exactly right.
Speaker 4: And I'm hoping this year for the Bearcat, I'm hoping that somebody like you know, Buck Harris, you know, get him like five steals and you know, get twelve to fifteen points in transition and attacking the basket, because he's a guy that's gonna constantly whether he thinks he can make it or not. He thinks he can get to the basket a lot. And if he can make his defense, know, maybe get us shoot the pass a lay and get a couple of steals. He sets the tone, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lineup change to start the game. I can't confirm anything, but if he's in the lineup and Chris is coming off the bench, Crease is coming off the bench, you.
Speaker 1: May see him.
Speaker 4: You almost have to keep him on a chain, so to speak, because he just he wants to go out there and take every ball, and you have to make sure you tell him to play nice discipline defense, still be strong and aggressive, but don't go out there just like a pit bull. And you put a piece of steak in front of him. But the chain that's not long for him to get it. He's gonna be going after it, after it, so he's gonna be pumped up.
Speaker 3: We were forty five minutes from broadcast, I mean, so prog deal me that I pad the best to Dan and moat broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, yep, appreciate your brother.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: Alright, know he's got call with U a pluck.
Speaker 3: Two after seven thirty all right, still ahead, We've got some headlines to get to. Six thirty five. Will get the xavier perspective on this. Talk about somebody who's played in it. Talk about somebody who's been a longtime college basketball analyst. Steve Wolfe will check in at the bottom of the hour, and if I time this right, wait till you hear what's coming up at six point fifty tonight. It was originally done in nineteen ninety five. It was called by Marty Brennaman and Derek Dickey. It was the Fantasy Crosstown Shootout. You are going to hear a portion of that coming up around six fifty tonight as we continue. We're up and running on a Friday night, heading towards a showdown on RNL Carrier Sports Talk presented by Kelsey Chevrolet seven hundred WLW. Show will begin the bottom portion of the back half of the hour with Steve wolf talking Musketeers, let's get some headlines college basketball. It is, in fact the ninety third Crossdown Shootout. Tonight, Bearcats try to win at Centaz Center for the first time since two thousand and one. You see coverage starts at seven with Dan and Terry Xavier, coverage with Joe and Byron at seven on fifty five KRC. Xavier a one and a half point favorite at last check also Tonight college hoops Gonzaga at Kentucky coverage underway on ESPN fifteen thirty. Tomorrow the dock that includes Drew Western, Heidi's Dayton Flyers at Virginia. Miami welcomes Maine. IU takes on Louisville and Indy nku is at Purdue Fort Wayne. The Norris riding a six game winning streak, seeking their first a seven game winning streak in the Division one era of Norse Basketball. Norse playing some good hoops. Bengals continued working the Bills today and Sunday's matchup in Orchard Park. T Higgins is a go. He's clear concussion protocol. Trey Hendrickson is not a go. He will miss his fifth consecutive game. College football, it's a conference championship weekend showdown as in Indy number one Ohio State versus number two Indiana for the Big Ten Championship eight o'clock kick from Lucas Oil Stadium. Miami plays for the MAC Championship tomorrow, best ealct to Chuck Martin and the RedHawks. In Detroit, they take on Western Michigan for a noon kick. Another college football note, Chris Henry Junior the number one high school wide receiver in the country makes it official he signs with Ohio State.
Speaker 1: That was his intention.
Speaker 3: Then earlier in the week, Brian Hartline, the OC and his position coach at Ohio State, left to take the USF job. He momentarily paused to collect his thoughts, survey the landscape and the situation, and again today decided he would in fact stick with the Ohio State University Buckeyes. The High School Football Tonight show is underway on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. Then at seven o'clock it's sant X in the Division one State Final against Olan Tangy Orange Go Bombers. Last night, Anderson's season came to a close with a Division two state final loss to Avon. The congrats Evan Dryer and the Raptors on one hell of a season hockey cyclone skating at the Indie Fuel tonight. Don't forget. If you ever missed the show miss an interview, you can catch up in podcast form at seven hundred WLW dot com and through the iHeartRadio app. Got Podcasts presented by Modern Office Methods, your local authorized RICO dealers specializing in document management. With mom your documents are securely stored so you're always protected. Digitized today, prepare your business for unexpected risk. Visit momnet dot com. Podcast this week includes my conversation with Bill Rabinowitz, author of a new Ohio state book, excellent read. He covers the buck Guys on a daily basis. Talked about the Buckeyes run this year, Chris Welsh talking some reds baseball, got his reaction to Emilio Pagan and the rumors swirling around. Kyle Schwarber and Brandon Seo, formerly of News five Now The Mental Game, all checking in and available for you to listen to on your time through the podcast seven hundred WLW dot com and the iHeartRadio app. I mentioned it has been since two thousand and one that you see one at Centas Center. They dropped ten straight there that, if you're counting, is eight thousand, seven hundred and fifty seven days ago that you see one at Centas. It was seventy five fifty five in that game. That was a Bob Huggins team versus Thad mana in his first season. And you talk about going into something wide eyed and feeling instantly.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, this is what everybody meant.
Speaker 3: That was Thad in that matchup, Bearcats had a senior in Steve Logan, junior Leonard Stokes. Jason Maxiel was a freshman. That team went thirty one and four, lost in the second round of the tournament to UCLA. That was the wild one like one oh five, one oh one if I remember correctly, and Leonard Stokes had like thirty eight in that game. The Musketeers, Kevin Frye was a senior, David West a junior, Romain Soado and Lionel Chalmers were sophomores, and that addition to the Musketeers went twenty six and six. They lost in the second round to Oklahoma that season December fourteenth, two thousand and one. Ten straight losses there for the Bearcats again, approaching nine thousand days since the last win on visitors home court. All right, still ahead, Steve Wolf's gonna check in, and then at seven point fifty, I've I've got the entire game on the podcast page if you want to listen, We're going to play a little bit of the nineteen ninety five Fantasy Crosstown Shootout. Marty called it, along with Derek Dickey, it is fabulous. It was all a computer simulation that they turned into a broadcast and it aired here on seven hundred WLW. You're going to hear all of that well in podcast form a portion of it at six point fifty.
Speaker 1: It's ahead RNL Carrier Sports Talk.
Speaker 3: It is presented by Kelsey Chevrolet, and it's right here on seven hundred WLW. RS Asian Role and we gotta go coverage coming up top for the hour. My next guest the Saint X Guy, the former Musketeer co captain, longtime college basketball analysts.
Speaker 1: He's called a.
Speaker 3: Couple of Musketeer games earlier this season. Part of one of Cincinnati's greatest sports families.
Speaker 1: He is Steve Wolf. How are you.
Speaker 5: I'm doing great, Lance, just enjoying this eighty five degree weather, but missing out on the same XT game and the Xavier U See game and the Xavier Michigan volleyball game. So hey, it's what happened when you get.
Speaker 3: Old, no doubt, no doubt, great hair in your voice. Take me back in time. Let's go early eighties and take me into the huddle for a Bob Stack coach team in a game like this. What were the emotions for the Crosstown shootout in those Huddles.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, when I grew up, it wasn't that big of a deal. I mean, you know, it wasn't very well attended. Bob Stack and Ed Badger really took it to another level. So Stack was one of those guys that was emotional. He played the part. And I just remember the first the first game I was involved with in seventy nine, I think it was seventy nine. You know, we're up by nine points and there's like, you know, I don't know, fifty seconds left and Stack called a time out. We're winning, and he calls a time out and gets everybody close together and he goes, you know, whatever it was, you know, fifty nine seconds left and we own this city. And he said it really for language, a lot of f bombs and a lot of other but you know, it became one of those things because rivalries aren't rivalries unless both teams can win. And at that point in time, you see it once seven in a row, and so we finally broke that string. I think coach Stack was maybe two and two or in his career against U see. But those are the things. You have to win a couple of games to make it a rivalry, and back then, there were a lot of players from Cincinnati on both of the teams. You know, Bobby Austin was there, Doug Schlomer was in north of Kentuckian over there, and you know, and we had Gary Mass and we had Joe Shown, So we had a lot of guys on our team from Cincinnati. It's a little different this year. I mean, I think I know, in fact, they walked.
Speaker 3: It was going to be Yeah, my follow up was going to be, there's not a single Musketeer that's actually played in this game. If you were talking to him right now in the locker room, what would you tell them about this game?
Speaker 5: You know, I think you have to look at it like you're playing an NCAA tournament game. Uh And that's why the coaches really like to have it earlier in the season, because it does take a lot of emotion out of you. But I would say that this game is going to come down to defense, rebounding points in the paint, and uh. As Bob Stack would say, watching the earlier games for Xavier, the first couple of games and then watching some of the latter games, so you see it may be a battle of the unarmed opponents. I'm not sure what's going to happen, you know, because if Xavier shoots the ball the way they've been shooting, it could be, you know, a really big win for Xavier. By the same token. You see, he's got great players, uh and the only they only have one guy that's played in this crossdown shootout is from when I think it's day eight is the only one who's played in it. But you know, you expect unexpected in these games. You know, I remember Trayvon Blue had forty points, but you were the shoemaker and you see won that game. But you know, who would have thought Trayvon would have had forty points in a game like that that he did and that sort of propelled him to get better and better. You know, I think you have to look, you know, as our coaches, you just say, do the ordinary thing extraordinarily well, so you've got to be fundamentalness game, and you have to take the crowd out of it. You have to take your emotion out of it. And it's very hard for eighteen to twenty two or that's when I played, But now eighteen to twenty six year old guys, you know, how do you take the emotion out of it. But I still think it's probably one of the last bashions of college real college basketball, now that they have NIL and transfer portal, because everybody on both sides of the defence here understand how important this is. You know, to get a win. Now, it doesn't mean anything for the you know, for your your league, but it does mean you get bragging rights.
Speaker 3: You had Xavier earlier in the year. They have seemingly come a long way since the Santa Clara laws.
Speaker 1: What has helped lead that turnaround? In your mind?
Speaker 5: Well, I got to say, and not to be a homer. I try to do games where I'm not a homer. But I'm really impressed with Richard Patino. He's always sort of been in his own self, comfortable in his own shoes. I've done a lot of his games in the past before. He never really got upset. And I watched that. I'm like, man, I'd be really disgusted watching Marathon and Lemoine, but he wasn't. And he saw certain things and he knew that effort wasn't there. He needed to get guys to play effort. He also knew that he didn't have the right point guard situation. Roddy Anderson is a really good player, but he's a two guard, and they've done a good job of having Messina Moore and Alright to handle that point, and they take care of the ball. The Cina Moore has him been scoring great, but he's doing a yoma's job rebounding and facilitating. So I think that and you have to look at people talk about Santa Clara. They got a Hall of Fame coach there, an actual MENSIS member. He's so smart and he's such a good coach. And you know, they took down Steve Alfred Nevada like the next week, and then you see those Xavier guys started saying, well, maybe they weren't that bad, but even a dream team. They have thirteen new guys and Hall of famers and Hall of Fame coaches. But you know, the first couple of games they lost to college all stars. So you have to take it and put in perspective. I think that progress and development are way overlooked in these days now, but I think that's important. And they've gotten better and better every game.
Speaker 1: It is great here in your voice.
Speaker 3: I really appreciate you letting me bug you tonight on all nights of leading into the showdown. It was great to catch up with Teneil to start and add you to booke in with some Xavier conversation. Please extend my best to your family and then enjoy your weekend.
Speaker 5: All right, absolutely, and go Muskies and go Bombers.
Speaker 1: It's good. Thanks Steve.
Speaker 5: Thank what there you go?
Speaker 3: Steve Wolf, mister hoops, former Musketeer, long time broadcaster, did the Xavier games early on and has done games here on the back end even after retirement.
Speaker 1: He's in Boca. If you're wondering where it's where is he that?
Speaker 3: It's eighty five bocha these days, but love the stories of Bob Stacke. We're fifty nine seconds away from blankety blank owning this city. When we come back, we will flash back. It was put together by a computer simulation. It was then handed over to Marty Brenhaman and Derek Dickey. They did the rest. It aired here on seven hundred back in nineteen ninety five. You're gonna hear a portion of the Fantasy Crosstown Shootout as we continue RNL Carrier Sports Talk presented by Kelsey Chevrolet seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Closing in on seven o'clock.
Speaker 3: That's pregame coverage time for you see and Zader in the Crossdown Shootout. By the way, I'm on Ex Atlantic, Bacalister. I would be honored if you followed, join in in the conversation, and we'll react during the game tonight. All right, This unfolded back in nineteen ninety five. It was called the Fantasy Crosstown Shootout. It was a computer simulation of a game between the all time best uc players and the all time best Xavier.
Speaker 1: Players at the time.
Speaker 3: It was called by Marty Brenneman and Derek Dickey, former Bearcat and an NBA player and TV analyst. We aired it on seven hundred WLW back in nineteen ninety five. The fictional site of the game was the Queen City Dome.
Speaker 1: This is a.
Speaker 3: Portion of that broadcast. We'll call it the appetizer of that broadcast. Your nineteen ninety five Fantasy Crosstown Shootout hit it Well, We're.
Speaker 6: Set to play basketball here at the Queen City Dome at downtown Cincinnati. The Bearcats, the Musketeers, Robertson Twielan Bam x Cilier in hope for U see Lark and Lee Pelkington, Tyrone Hill and Bob Whitt for the Xavier Musketeers. We talked about this brand spanking new facility that opens tonight, the Queens City doll with sixty six thousand and fifty people on hand for this fantasy Crosstown shootout. To give you a little bit about this brand new building at the corner of Fifth and L A one hundred and four skyboxes adoring this building. And as far as ticket prices for tonight's game, twenty seven fifty was the low end ticket. It goes all the way up to two hundred dollars for court side seats or you and.
Speaker 1: I have talked about this before, Marty.
Speaker 7: We've been waiting to find out exactly what would be the outcome of a game like this.
Speaker 1: It's something that people have.
Speaker 7: Talked about for years, and I think that once these players get on the court, all the nervousness, all the energy is going to be out there. I think guys are really going to get out and perform and play hard.
Speaker 6: Oscar kicks it outside the hope He's open shooting from fifteen no good.
Speaker 2: Robertson Yepsen signed to Timid D.
Speaker 1: A lot of people don't realize.
Speaker 7: Not only was Austar Robertson Cincinnati's all time leading score almost thirty four points a game, he's our all time leading rebounder fifteen rebounds a game.
Speaker 1: Bark and passes too quick.
Speaker 6: But the ball taken away by Oscar Robertson. Robertson quickly up to Van Xel right core court. It goes one on one with Ralph Lee.
Speaker 2: He shoots over Lee from twenty and got it.
Speaker 7: Nick Panex is a tremendous score, but I told you we're going to keep an eye on who takes better care of the ball. We have back to back turnovers. Cincinnati comes up with disadvantage.
Speaker 1: They drop off defensively.
Speaker 6: He puts it up from sixteen and was not even closed, but tyrone Hill.
Speaker 2: Rebounds it, slams it in.
Speaker 7: Tyrone Hill is known for his rebounding and just an excellent offensive rebounder, but always moving without the ball. You don't think of him as a scorer, but if you give him a chance, he's gonna put it in.
Speaker 6: Tied up by Ralph Lee at the timeline.
Speaker 2: Good defensive play.
Speaker 6: By Lee has he jumped there to get the tie up with Nick Van Exel and the UC that's not happy about that decision at all. Bob Huggins has he erupted off the UC bench, Ed Juckers trying to get.
Speaker 1: Him calmed down.
Speaker 6: He felt like Van Exel was mal but no foul call. Mike Sanzier made the call. It's a tie up and the arrow and the possession goes to Xavier. While we were away, Mike Sanzier walked over to the UC bench and apparently leveled a rather stern warning at admonishment at Bob Huggins. Huggins has been up and down all night long and he's not been happy with the officiating, which is a rule rather than the exception, and apparently issued a very stern warning the next time. And he's got a major problem. At the other end of the floor, Pete Gillan seemed to be enjoying every bit of that conversation.
Speaker 1: Oscar, in a hurry.
Speaker 6: Trying to get a breakaway, passes a timeline at Hicks, takes it away from behind. He slapped it away and picked it up. Hicks turns quick pass up court to Thomas. Thomas from eighteen right side no good.
Speaker 2: Hicks followed in its lam threw by.
Speaker 7: Brian brand It's a great offensive rebounding by the Musketeers again. Tyrone Hill and Brian Grant are on the floor along with Big Bob Pilkington.
Speaker 1: They're going to crash those boards.
Speaker 6: We mentioned some of the dignitaries on hand tonight, Bob Knight, Pete Rose, Johnny Bench. We noticed the old left hander Joe Nutsall and apparently, and we were not told of this before we went on the air tonight, Madonna seated right next to Joe across the way almost at center court. Walker down the left sideline brakes and dribble off about ten feet from the corner, a great feet.
Speaker 2: Inside the hill. He slammed it in. Tyrone Hill got behind the defenses by slammed.
Speaker 1: It down for the Musketeers.
Speaker 6: Power moved no good as he misses again, and the horn sounds, ending the first half cap to the first time an outstanding twenty minutes of basketball.
Speaker 2: Here is the Queens City Dome.
Speaker 1: And it's in the boats. It's Warren halftime. Xavier forty five.
Speaker 7: Sents a Hey, Marty, I'm going to keep an eye on these coaches with the bitches both sides. Bob Huggins and Bob Steck had some words at halftime, and now there's still shouting words at each other.
Speaker 1: We got to keep an eye on these guys. Bringing it out of the back court.
Speaker 6: On the dribble, a quick pass to Byron Larkin on the right side. He elects to pull the trigger. Come twenty feet and the guy hope. Byron Larkin is doing a great job. He's letting it be known that he is not going to be denied a shot if he wants it. We noticed during the time out Jerry Springer and Ricky Lake have journeyed into Cincinnati for this Titanic struggle tonight, and also an interesting foursome on the far side. We mentioned earlier about Joe Knutxall and Madonna in that animated first half conversation. They've now been joined by Bob Trumpy and Jerry Fallwell, boy, would you like to.
Speaker 1: Eavesdrop on that conversation.
Speaker 6: He flips it back to herb Jones, who starts to dribble up the floor, has it taken away by Ralph Lee, passing off the Thomas pulls up from fourteen shoots the shot blocked by Jones.
Speaker 2: A great defensive play. By Herb Jones.
Speaker 6: He controls the ball, brings a front court to Dickie quickly to the bottom left.
Speaker 2: Corner jump shot. Got it.
Speaker 1: That's what the Bear kessany.
Speaker 7: They need some defensive intensity if they can force another turnover too, and got a chance to get back in this game.
Speaker 6: Passes off the Hicks he's trapping, gets them all the way to lee over the timeline of the front court. He starts toward the basket, doesn't have a.
Speaker 1: Shot, so kicks it back out to Thomas. One dribble and launching from fifteen got it.
Speaker 7: Oh boy, Steve Thomas, He's starting to light up now, get his confidence going. When he does that, he can shoot the ball from about eighteen to twenty feet away.
Speaker 1: Sixty three fifty seven.
Speaker 6: Zavy are not showing any signs at all of knuckling under and the second shot is up and that's no good.
Speaker 2: Twiman sneaks in for the rebound and puts.
Speaker 1: It back up in there.
Speaker 2: Jack Twiman got inside the defense and got the follow shot.
Speaker 6: So they get three out of it, and you see cuts it to eight. Roberts from twenty no Good gets his own rebound underhands it up and end of his foul.
Speaker 2: By Ralph Lee.
Speaker 6: He hands it right back to Larkin, trying to set a screen.
Speaker 1: Byron passes into the key to Rackley.
Speaker 6: The turnaround till the shot from twelve he gote, Here's Paul hog to Nicky van Exell.
Speaker 1: You see with its back to the wall. Now quickly up court, he.
Speaker 6: Feeds off the Lloyd Bats on the left shot A twenty footer is good. Bat's hit the twenty footer and it's a three point ball game at seventy nine, seventy six fim and demand excellent bats. Bats puts it on the floor, stops looking to pass, has the ball knocked away by Pelkington. Pelkington picks up the loose ball he loves to bop quick way down the floor.
Speaker 2: Quick goes in for an uncontested.
Speaker 6: Way up No good Tyron Hill grants it off the glass.
Speaker 2: Hill Head bets.
Speaker 6: Lunch twice and swims it in as a buzzer sounds and a final score Savier.
Speaker 2: Eighty one, Cincinnati's.
Speaker 6: Seventy seven and something of an upset once again. The final score tonight from the Queen City Dome before a crowd of over sixty six thousand.
Speaker 1: Xavier eighty one.
Speaker 6: U see seventy seven for Derrek Dickey and our cast of characters, Marty Brenneman saying, so long everybody.
Speaker 3: How about that production nineteen ninety five started with a computer simulation and then put together and produced and called by Murty and Derrek Dickey. The entire broadcast again on the podcast page. It's seven hundred WLW dot com. Look for my name or go to the iHeartRadio app just type in my name. I love the line at the mid court the old left hander.
Speaker 1: Is sitting next to Madonna.
Speaker 3: Let's see Bob Knight on hand for it, Bob Trumpy, Jerry Springer, Ricky Lake, Jerry Folwell and others sixty six thousand plus on hand at fifteen almen. During the broadcast, they mentioned that the Queen City Dome had been awarded a Final four and been awarded a Super Bowl in the future as well. I love that. I wish I had more time. We need more time to talk shootout tonight. I just saw this from the Giants have been a go. San Francisco Giants, their president of baseball operations, Buster Posey, announced that one time Reds catcher Kirk Casally has joined the Giants organization as an advisor to baseball operations. If you go back what two months ago Kurt announced his retirement in October and joined the Reds in a front office role. And now two months later, and I don't know how much of that is related to going back home. I know he was from Walnut Creek. I'm not sure if he still makes his off season home out west, but perhaps just closer to home. But the Giants announcing Kirk Casally an advisor to baseball operations. All right, I gotta get out of here. Thanks to Drew Western, how he for producing Buckle Up.
Speaker 4: Up?
Speaker 3: Next is UC and Xavier the Crosstown Shootout. This has been our now Carrier Sports Talk presented by Kelsey Chevrolet seven hundred WLW