Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 5: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the World Champion LA Dodgers, Tamcats.
Speaker 7: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're enjoying this Memorial Day weekend on this Saturday, May twenty third, as you're back to back World Series champion Dodgers thirty one and twenty on this season, first place atop the NL West. But after dropping the first game of this weekend series of Milwaukee last night, looked to bounce back tonight with Rochi Sasaki on the mound, first pitch coming up at four fifteen. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts, will dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David vat Sego's one on one with Fox Sports is on Adam wayn Wright.
Speaker 5: He was a pretty good pitcher in his day.
Speaker 7: We'll get his thoughts on this Dodgers team about the quarterway point of the season. We got your Dodgers magical moment. In just a few minutes, we will check in with Tim Neverett and James Loney out at the Galloping Ford Broadcast booth. Well, last night was a rough one for Justin Roblesky. He got into trouble early. Yes back to back singles from Jackson Turio and Bryce terrang first two runners reached in the bottom half of the first inning. Then William Contrera sent one deep Christian Yelich.
Speaker 8: The DH on deck pitch swung on in hammer deep to left field.
Speaker 2: It is three to nothing Milwaukee.
Speaker 9: An upper deck shot three straight hits off of Robleski to stype the game, and the Brewers begin this one tonight with a bang fourth home run of the season, four contreras, and it's the third home run alive this season by.
Speaker 5: Robleski, bing bang boom.
Speaker 7: Just like that, a four hundred and ten foot blast over the left field wall and the Brewers had a three to nothing lead. Robleski would retire Christian Yelich before Andrew Vaughn, then a couple of more singles loaded the pass. Vaughn then scored Milwaukee's fourth run of the first inning on South Frelicks sack Fly. The Brewers put a four spot up on Robleski after one inning. Well in the second, Milwaukee extended their lead to five to nothing with Andrew Vaughn's two out double driving in William Contreras. Logan Henderson meanwhile went to work against the Dodgers last night, who offensively would struggle throughout the game. Just three hits for this Dodgers offense. They drew six walks, but zero for seven with runners in scoring position. Henderson would go five shutout innings, gave up just two hits, struck out seven along the way. The Dodgers scored their low run in the top half of the seventh inning, when finally they got a runner into scoring position and Shoho Tani Sackfly brought in Taoscar Hernandez. As the Brewers go on and win it by a final of five to one over the Dodgers. Logan Henderson gets the victory He's now two to one on this season. Justin Robleski would go five innings, five runs, eight hits, four strikeouts and pick up the loss. He falls to six and two on this season. A tough loss for the Dodgers. Their lost well, they're starting to mount up against the Brewers in the regular season. Their last regular season win against Milwaukee a seven to two decision back on August thirteenth of twenty twenty four. Yes, the Dodgers got swept last year during the regular season, but when account of the Dodgers would sweep the Brewers in the NLCS. But the Dodgers looking to get back at it tonight, just a half game lead over San Diego going into play in Milwaukee, as the Dodgers sent Roki Sasaki out to the mound first pitch at four fifteen and with more let's head out to the Galloping four broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Nevertt and James Lodi.
Speaker 2: Guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 8: It is a pretty nice evening outside, but they've just closed the roof here in Milwaukee as we get set for game number two of this three game series. The Brewers winning last night by a five to one score. Brewers now thirty and eighteen, and with the Cubs losing, they built a three game lead over the Cups two and a half over the Cardinals. In the Central Division, the Brewers have won twelve of the last fourteen, but as far as the Dodgers are concerned, they have won the last nine straight regular season games over the Dodgers. However, when you look back not just to last year, but a few other games and years before, the Dodgers seem to win the postseason games, the ones that matter most against the Brewers. Dodgers start the day half a game in front of the Podres thirty one and twenty in the National League Western Division. Ro Ki Sasaki looks to follow up a career best performance over the Angels last week two and three, five oh nine in the era for the right hander. Left hander Robert Gasser will pitch for the Brewers, no decisions in an era of four and a half and James. When you look at things today, the Dodgers have made an adjustment in the batting order. First of all, Will Smith is back in, but they've dropped Kyle Tucker down to the sixth spot today, as he's been struggling a little bit higher up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think they're just looking for a little more hard contact of Kyle Tucker. You know, he's always a guy who's kind of confidence, he's gonna go up there being ready to hit the first pitch, in which I love that about him. But I think he would tell you, you know, he's not probably exactly where he wants to be. You know, drop him in the lineup and guess what. When a guy has this caliber of talent that he guess what he's doing and hopefully he's due with people on base being in that spoty order.
Speaker 8: Max Munsey is not in the lineup after being hit on the right wrist last night late in the game. Santiago Espinal will play third base and will bat ninth and Dave Roberts was asked about a possible IL stint for Max. He doesn't think he's gonna need to go on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're definitely hoping he does not have to. You know, it didn't look pretty last night. You can get him out there, I mean, get him out of the game last night, get him some rest, and you know, hopefully it's a short timetable because you know, he's been hitting for good average for us this year, right, I mean, yeah, it's not two ninety three hundred like the top average guys are. But for him, what he's been doing with the Homers with the average, you need that bat in.
Speaker 2: The lineup in the maintime. Reinforcements may be on the way.
Speaker 8: They've saying that Monday, Keith k Hernandez will rejoin the club against the Colorado Rockies a Memorial Day and he'll also be in the lineup, so they'll get key Key Hernandez back, who's been playing very well in Oklahoma City. What does he add to the lineup coming back?
Speaker 4: I mean, he had everything you want to have a ballplayer. He has the energy, he has the versatility, and you know, we obviously seen what he can do in the postseason with the bat and just the leader that he is in the clubhouse right, the vibes that he brings, and I just really feel like he's itching to get back. He's ready to be productive for this team. You can insert him in so many different places. You can put him in different areas in the batting lineup. He can bund a guy over for you, he can hit it, you know, get guys over when you need to with the bat. So I just feel like he's gonna bring the dynamic that you know, we've probably been missing that this year.
Speaker 10: I think the team is missing that energy.
Speaker 8: Meantime, a ball game to win here today in Milwaukee is the Dodgers and the Brewers play the middle frame of this three game set.
Speaker 7: Tim all right, thank you guys, as we caunt you down to first hitch Dodgers and the Brewers. Dodger fans get that game. Gave meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Yeah, it's gonna be a little dinner time here pretty soon. Maybe you miss lunch about ordering your Shaky's Pizza chick and e Mojo's right now at Shakey's dot Com.
Speaker 5: We're off and running here on Morago Casino. Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 7: Hope you're enjoying your Memorial Day weekend. Sit back and relax. You're gonna hear back or hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We will check in with David Vase. We dive deeper into this pitching matchup for Milwaukee. But up next to your Otani, your rewine added, we'll hear from Justin Roblaski. And that's all coming up. As we lead you up to Dodgers and Brewers. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio know where.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers and the Brewers on this Saturday. Rokie Sasaki Robert Gasser of the pitching match of game two of this three game weekend set. First pitch coming up at four fifteen.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani.
Speaker 8: Rewhy so he waits and now the two two these swings and the lines at the right field.
Speaker 2: That's the first hit of the game.
Speaker 8: Solid shot to right by Otani, and the Dodgers have the leadoff man aboard one o pitch and Otani swings in.
Speaker 2: It's a high fly ball.
Speaker 8: The regular depth left field making the catch is Bowers tagging and scoring standing up as taoscar Hernandez and heads up for Dalton rushing advancing first to second. On the sacrifice fly by Otani, the Dodgers get on the board.
Speaker 2: It is five to one.
Speaker 5: Show hey.
Speaker 7: Otani won for three on base twice, including a walk, his sack fly. As you heard there in the seventh Inny scoring ta Oscar Hernandez the only run of the game for the Dodgers, as Shoey O'tany at the top of the lineup got on base. The Dodgers had only three hits total as an offense last night as they lose to the Brewers by a final of five to one. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Cars for Kids, donating now at Cars for Kids dot org. Justin Robleski got the start, gave a three run home run three batters into the game, give a four runs in the first, one more in the second. Dodgers were down five to nothing. Robleski would go five innings, five runs, eight hits, four strikeouts, So he would settle in throw a one hundred pitches. The offense just couldn't get going after that big hole that he put him in.
Speaker 11: And afterwards talk to the media. Yeah, they put the ball in play and they were hits. I mean, that's just kind of how it goes. And obviously that the home run there, that's what kind of hurts the hole outing. But yeah, they put the ball in play and credit to them, they were hits. They did a good job.
Speaker 6: Is there an adjustment that you made because it did seem to find a way to get through five innings after that second inning, you're a bit more efficient.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, it wasn't anything in particular that I did differently. I just think, you know, when they put it in play, it was out as opposed to being hits, and that's just the way the game goes sometimes. Yeah, I mean, I think the execution probably got a little better. Is outing progressed and you know, therefore the stuff like that, whatever, we're a little bit better. But yeah, I mean it sucks to kind of only get through five there and kind of give up those runs in the first and kind of put our team in a hole.
Speaker 12: I don't know where you wanted it or just kind of ambush you there.
Speaker 5: It was a cutter and he ambushed it, you know.
Speaker 11: I think hindsight's twenty twenty probably Yeah, just not a great spot for it, not a whatever, But he got it.
Speaker 6: In credit to him, found a lot of success in being so aggressive in the zone when the results in the first twinnings aren't there.
Speaker 4: How important is it for you to stick to that approach.
Speaker 3: Even if you know it wasn't the way that you started or wanted the way to start it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean I think that's kind of what I've what I've always said and kind of harped on, like you do the right thing enough times and the results are going to go your way. And today it was one of those days where obviously it didn't you know, kind of you know, still was getting ahead and counts pretty good, still was getting hitters out relatively quickly, kind of towards the back half of the outing. But yeah, obviously the homer is kind of the one that gets you there. So that's yeah, like that's always what I'm gonna do, is go out there and attack, and there's not a lot to tend to scare me off that.
Speaker 5: All right, there's Justin Robleski.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they put the ball in play against him, and he's not a guy who racks up the strikeouts. They can get to him, and yesterday they just found some green grass and took a five nothing to lead and ended up winning at five to one as Justin Robleski falls to six and to still the coming here am wrong, but because you know, Dodges on deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup tonight with rookie Sasaki on the mount David Veasse. We'll check in as he goes one on one with Adam Wayne Wright, former Big league superstar now with Fox calling the game this afternoon.
Speaker 5: But up next we'll get you an injury report. Hey, well, here for the manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 7: Hope to get an update on Max Mounsey in that right wrists the Dodgers and Brewers Game two of this three game weekend set for Milwaukee.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim Kates.
Speaker 7: Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers aud you a network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 7: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Saturday afternoon as we leaves out to first pitch from Milwaukee Dodgers and the Brewers Marongo Casino Resort and Spa A Grand Slam for good times. Rookie Sasaki on the mountain in this game. First pitch coming up at four fifteen.
Speaker 1: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 7: Presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Max Munsey hit on the risk last night. The right wrist X rays or negative last night. We'll get an update from Dave Roberts here in just a minute. Jack Dryer on the i L. Blake Snell on the IL after surgery on Tuesday, Tyler Glass now on the IL with lower back spasms, brock Stewart on the I L ed When Diaz on the IL, Tommy Eman on the I L. Keith Hernandez sixty day.
Speaker 13: I L.
Speaker 7: Looks like he's gonna play one more game in Oklahoma City and then make his return on Monday after off season elbow surgery. All right, we head back out to Milwaukee. Let's get an update from the manager, Dave Robert Dave.
Speaker 1: Questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 14: Well, what can you tell us about Munsey? How do he come in today?
Speaker 6: And do you feel like it's a little bit worse than originally thought.
Speaker 13: I think it's kind of what we thought obviously. The X rayser negative came in today sore, So we're gonna kind of give him a rest day to kind of try to get that swelling out and then see where he's at tomorrow. And like I said, he'll be down for the weekend and we'll kind of see where we're at we get to on Monday, but kind of what we expected.
Speaker 6: When you get to Monday, Kik is able to join you guys with that and play. Does that make you guys feel like you can be a little more cautious with month?
Speaker 13: See absolutely, Keith, you will be here on Monday and then he'll probably be in the lineup against Freeland and you know, well, so it gives us that an extra day certainly for Max.
Speaker 4: And Max mentioned like last time he got hit there like the initial actrade and it took a little while to be positive.
Speaker 10: Is he going to go for any further like imaging or anything?
Speaker 5: Right now?
Speaker 10: Are you guys satisfied?
Speaker 12: I think we're good right now.
Speaker 13: But you know, once we get to Monday, get back home, I think we'll see where we're at to see if we need to get a CT scan with the hoon.
Speaker 7: It possibility when you get to Monday that the ale still remains a fight for Max.
Speaker 13: I'd be surprised.
Speaker 10: I think.
Speaker 13: I'd be surprised, but it's it's obviously should be considered, you know, depending on how he responds. You know, over the next couple of days, but I doubt it.
Speaker 11: So I'm taking.
Speaker 15: Reps at thirds that just back up more options or just to see where he's at.
Speaker 13: That's just kind of just to get a little work there, just to kind of give us some more options. Yeah, remember where you.
Speaker 11: Were twenty four years ago.
Speaker 13: Today, she's twenty four years What are we.
Speaker 10: In twenty Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah, you're doing it right now. Is this Sean Green today?
Speaker 13: Yeah? Sean was scuffling before we got here, and then he had he went four for six for six, four homers. I forgot how many, nineteen total bases maybe, and they had a lefty.
Speaker 12: On the mound, so I was on.
Speaker 13: I didn't start, so I got to I got to watch Sean Green have a huge day.
Speaker 7: All right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts, the anniversary of Sean Green's historic day there in Milwaukee. And guess what's gonna our magical moment. It's right, you'll hear it coming up and just a little bit. But first, when we continue here on Dodgers on deck, we will check you with David Masse. So he leads up to Dodgers and Brewers from Milwaukee on this Memorial Day weekend. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 14: As we were.
Speaker 3: Saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Dodgers and Brewers getting ready to go out of game two of this three games set. Rookie Sasanki on the Mount Todgers Baseball brought to my al Pto, born in LA and made for your game day. El Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, salsas and hot sauces right to your table. El Poto Gourmet and a.
Speaker 1: Can joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 14: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 5: All right, DV.
Speaker 7: It sounds like for now the Dodgers avoided disaster with Max Munsey. But anytime you get hit on the wrist or the hand, it kind of lingers, does it?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I was on the team bus on the way to American Family Field with Max Munsey. He was the last one to get on the bus, I might add, maybe because he was carrying around like a therapy machine for his right wrist and when he get on the bus. You know, we had our sarcastic, playful interaction which told me that he's okay. It could have been a lot worse. He said that after the game, and he said he broke his right wrist in the same kind of area back in twenty nineteen, and he had a nauseous feeling when he broke the wrist, and he said he did not have that feeling again, So that's a good thing. He's not going to play tomorrow either, and he's not going to play Monday. Keith Y Hernandez is wrapping up his long extended rehabit Simon in Oklahoma Alma City, and Dave Roberts said the Rockies are throwing left hander Kyle Freeland at the Dodgers, so key Key Hernandez will buy Monsey one more day and get the start at third base.
Speaker 5: David is brought to you by Ford.
Speaker 7: Here for those who build America, especially those who believe that giving everything today will pay off tomorrow. Those who drive America Ford for two hundred and fifty years to come right now. Ford is offering employee pricing to everyone American value for American values. Go to your southern California at Ford Dealer Today or visit by four now dot com for more information. The Milwaukee Brewers have a Dodger killer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, his name's Andrew Vaughan. He was a top five pick by the White Sox and they kept on waiting and hoping that he would reach his potential. Last summer they released him. Matt Arnold, the Brewers president of baseball Operations, picked him up. He was in the minor leagues for ten days. Made his major or Brewer's debut against the Dodgers when they were here in the middle of last summer tim and all of a sudden exploded. He had a Grand Slam and now has played seven games against the Dodgers. Last night he was two for four with an RBI double. Andrew Vaughan in seven games against the Dodgers since joining the Brewers regular season, hitting four hundred with one home run and eight RBIs. I mean, you can't make this stuff up. And Andrew Vaughn had a great year with the Brewers last year, but it all started against the Dodgers, and it continued last night against the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: All Right, everybody knows what happened to you, DV.
Speaker 7: When you went down the slide, you broke your wrists, had to have surgery on it. But is there really a Dodgers player who wants to go down the slide?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 6: Look, Alex Call came up to me around two o'clock this afternoon before he went out for his outfield work. And a lot of times players will say I have a bone to pick with you because it's something I said on Dodger Talk. But his bone to with me was the fact that he believes I ruined the slide experience for everybody else because when he was with the Nationals, he asked to go down and it was after twenty twenty two, and he said he was told he was not allowed or anybody was allowed to go down Bernie's slide because I broke my six ribs and right wrist. But now they have opened the slide to the public, but no players, active players are allowed to go down the slide. So Wisconsin native Alex Call is going to have to wait until he's done playing to go down and really really achieve his bucket list of going down the same slide I did.
Speaker 7: That's why we don't have nice things, David, because somebody's got to get hurt and that person was you.
Speaker 6: Real quick, I don't want blood on my hands if Alex Call went down that slide and speaked an ankle.
Speaker 7: That's a great point by you, real quick, Key Key Hernandez. He's on a rehabit, sigmon now forever it feels like in Oklahoma City.
Speaker 5: How has he done down there?
Speaker 6: Well, he's only played one position, third base. He's played third base every single game down there, and the results have not been that great. But like some Dodger official told me, it's not October in Oklahoma City either. But he's gotten enough enough reps down there, so he'll be ready to go on Monday.
Speaker 5: All right, Time down to pick the ponies.
Speaker 7: We're picking races head to head during the spring season out of Santa Anita. We're looking at tomorrow's fourth race out of Santa Anita, four and a half furlongs currently and eight horse race.
Speaker 5: Who do you like tomorrow, David?
Speaker 6: I'm going with Scammelert in your honor, Tim, the number three horse.
Speaker 5: That's who I was gonna go. I'll go with the four horse early Encore.
Speaker 7: All right, good pick by you, though, David, Thank you, all right, celebrating ninety years of horse racing at Santa Nita. It's a Moral Day weekend and you can go out and enjoy the carnival in the infield.
Speaker 5: They got the beer festival going on.
Speaker 7: They got the two dollars Buck Monday happening on Memorial Day. They got all the racing all weekend long, including Monday. You can find it all at Santa Anita dot com slash Events. All right, coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitching Matchup it up next you Dodgers. Magical Moment Dodgers and Brewers first pitch at four fifteen. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Dodgers Brewers from Milwaukee. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Disney and Pixar's.
Speaker 1: Toy Story five.
Speaker 7: This summer, Woodie, Buzz, Jesse and the rest of your favorite toys are back and they're facing off against Bonnie's brand new device, lily Pad. The battle is on it's toys versus Tech. Disney and Pixar's Toy Story five only in theaters June nineteenth.
Speaker 3: I who wants the hot co It's time for the hawfing Magical Moment Bitch Magical in maget Ball.
Speaker 1: Presentson by Hawfey Hot Jobs.
Speaker 7: Well wherever you are, Sean Green, Happy anniversary on this date, May twenty third, two thousand and two, twenty four years ago, Sean Green said baseball History.
Speaker 15: He had a chat with Rush here a couple of days ago. Breaking ball hit passed first to base hit for Green. His terurists will score easily. Shawn's on the way to second, and he's got his fourth extra base hit of the series in Milwaukee. Next pitch and Green sends a flyball to Rhyde. Ochoa has to go back on the ball. Still going back and this ball is out of here. A home run for Sean Green and the Dodgers have a free run blast and put him ahead six to one. Sean Green has hit six home runs at Miller Park in the last two seasons.
Speaker 16: Glenn and Rush Jordan's late worked at inning at two thirds. Green swings drives it high and deep the right center field. This one is back and he's hit his second home running the ball game, his fourth in the series, and the Dodgers lead it nine to one. And for Seawn Green, boy, he is swinging and he looks like the Shawn Green of last year. Thinks outside one and oh and the next pitch he drives it to left field. It is up, it is back, and he's done it for the third time.
Speaker 1: Seawn Green.
Speaker 16: Three home runs this afternoon and the Dodgers lead at ten to nothing. He's gone to right field. He's gone to right center and this time he hit it over the left field wall. On an afternoon for Sean Green.
Speaker 15: The next one, there's a drive the right center field.
Speaker 1: He's done it.
Speaker 15: Four home runs for Sean Green to tie the major league record. The Milwaukee fans are on their fate, giving him a standing ovation as he circles third.
Speaker 1: What a day.
Speaker 7: What a day for Sean Green, six for six, a modern day record time, six runs scored, a record tye four home runs, a record tyn five extra basins, seven RBIs, and a major League Baseball record setting nineteen total basis On this date, twenty four years ago, for Sean Green, this Hofey match come moment, brought to by Hofey Hot Dogs. Hoffey Soaks's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hofey hot Dogs Local so great. When we continue here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we will check back in with David Vase and James Lodi.
Speaker 5: So you lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Brewers.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 1: On your home for the Blue all.
Speaker 7: Season long, leading up to Dodgers and Brewers on this Saturday afternoon.
Speaker 5: Rokie Sasaki, Robert Gasser.
Speaker 7: The pitching match up Dodgers looking to get back on track after a five to one loss last night. First pitch coming up at four fifteen time. Now for the Verizon startup is we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save bit. Visit your So Cal Verizon store. Today we head back out to Milwaukee and say hello to David.
Speaker 14: I say hello, Tim.
Speaker 6: I'm back with James Loney, who, in his brief Dodgers radio broadcasting career, has not seen the Dodgers beat the Brewers, James, this is.
Speaker 14: Becoming an issue. You need a win today.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you're trying to make me the common denominator here.
Speaker 6: Well, Dave was trying to blame me for jinxing the scoreless inning streak by the bullpen, saying that the relievers may be looking at my tweets and thinking about their thirty two consecutive scoreless innings.
Speaker 14: So this is on me. I guess too.
Speaker 10: I don't think they're looking at your to.
Speaker 6: Dave claims he doesn't, but hey, that's pretty impressive, James, to have not just one or two guys or three guys, but it's been eleven different relievers that have pitched scoreless innings over the course of this streak.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean what I've noticed is they're coming in at tack mode. A lot of times, when you have a street going, you start thinking about it, or I'm not saying you get nervous, but you're like, okay, I gotta be so perfect to keep the street going. I don't see them pitching like that. I see them pitching not necessarily to contact, but to their plan.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 4: They have this plan, they have this approach that I'm definitely trying to get strike one. But I'm trying to hit my spot. I trust that I'm hitting my spot, and they've been doing a great job with that. I feel like they're feeding off each other and they're just passing the baton.
Speaker 6: I guess what's interesting. The Dodgers under Andrew Friedman have started a lot of trends. And we always heard about relievers wanting to find roles. Well, the Dodgers were the first team to define roles by groupings of hitters, not by the inning you pitching.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, leave it up to the Dodgers to find a way, right, because I feel like they're always thinking outside the box. You know, I played under Andrew Freeman in Tampa Bay, so I really feel like, you know, like he said, the didn't have the budget then, right, but they were still making things work.
Speaker 10: They bring he brings that mentality over here and.
Speaker 4: Says, Okay, we're good, right, we have great star players, you know, we have all this how can we even get even better?
Speaker 10: And I feel like that's just like a perfect example right there.
Speaker 6: You said on the call last night you felt like the Dodgers were taking too many first pitch strikes. Do you feel like that approachests to change today against Robert Gasser, who, I'll be quite honest with you, I'm not sure how much we know about him.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Right, there's a difference between just taking and then being ready to hit and taking, and a lot of times it just seems like they weren't engaged to swing. And then sometimes you can even actually there's actually a third way. You can even be in between. You can be thinking you're ready to hit and then you're like, okay, I want to see the ball, and then it's too late.
Speaker 10: Right, So it's like this in between phase.
Speaker 4: I've been there before where I thought I was ready to hit, and you know, you only have so much time to react your eyes. You know, you only have so much time for your eyes to say swing. So when I'm up there, you know you want your hitters to be in swing swing, swing mode, but the eyes telling you that you're in swing mode and not, you know, you're just waiting, hoping and then trying to react too late because you, like you said, you don't have that much time.
Speaker 6: How strange was it for you to see Mookie Betts take three strikes be called out in his first at bat on three strikes that seems to go against everything you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, you know, I've seen guys strike out looking right, but either they got fooled maybe or they just got caught off guard in some capacity. Yeah, that at bat, you know, he's got the little leg lift right, the little leg kick, So you've got to.
Speaker 10: Time that right. You've got to start that on time.
Speaker 4: And like I said before, with the leg even with the leg kick even more so, you've got to know that timing because when you're up there in the bat, you're like, Okay, I think I'm on time, and then by the time your foot gets down and your hands are raised to fire, it might be too late. So I really want to see him in the attack more. You know, I saw that even with him a little bit last year, where he was taking some pitches I thought that were hit able early in the count. And you know, I think, and honestly, I think pitchers are noticing that. I think teams have that in their reports and know that, Hey, you know, I think we can get away with this first pitch strike.
Speaker 6: Are we getting closer to seeing mooke beds take off? I know last night was not a great game for him, but from what you see he is he hitting the ball hard and not getting results.
Speaker 14: Where is Mookie Beds at right now?
Speaker 4: I would say a little bit between. I've seen him where he's hitting the ball hard on the line or he's hitting the ball hard on the ground. I'm not seeing him driving the ball with a lot of authority. And you know, it is what it is, right, He's not the biggest guy in the world like a show, hey, where he can get away with you know where show he can get away with some fly balls that leave the park. So I've noticed where MOOKI you know, he hit the ball pretty good, but you know they're just flyball outs. They're not carrying, and it's harder to hit to the opposite field with power than it is to the pool side. So I think if he can get you know, if he can get those as line drives and get his base hits, they'll have the poolside power.
Speaker 10: So I think he's just got to balance that out.
Speaker 14: All right. Thanks James, great to do this with you.
Speaker 6: We'll do it one more time tomorrow, but James Loney and Tim Nevertt will join us a little bit later in the show, and of course on the call tonight for the Dodgers and Brewers.
Speaker 7: Tim, all right, thanks DV, Thank you Loan Dog. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium. Visit unicloi dot com, slash at us. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, Tim and James will be back with the keys.
Speaker 5: To the game. We'll get you a preview of the pitching matchup.
Speaker 7: But up next, David vet Sego's high and tight with Adam Waynwright. Yes, broadcasting for Fox on the Call this after Nil get his thoughts on this Dodgers team so far and his thoughts with them in this matchup.
Speaker 5: Against Milwaukee that's coming up.
Speaker 7: As we leads up to Dodgers and Brewers, I'm Tim Kas's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 14: As we were.
Speaker 1: Saying, yes, is Marongo Casino.
Speaker 3: Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Brewers.
Speaker 7: Game two of this three game weekend set for Milwaukee. Rochie Sasaki on the Mount. Dodgers Baseball brought to by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's dot com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vass a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and Brewers getting said for first pitch, and it's on a national stage. Joe Davis will be joined by aj Prazinski and Adam Waynwright, who spent his entire career with the Saint Louis Cardinals. Thanks a lot for the time, appreciated, Adam.
Speaker 12: Yeah, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 14: All right, let's lead it off right here.
Speaker 6: I tap into Freddie Freeman as my baseball compass, So I said, Hey, I'm talking to Adam Waynwright today. What's the first thing that comes to mind? And he said, it's not anything baseball related. It's all the work that you've done off the field.
Speaker 12: Oh. I appreciate that.
Speaker 17: Yeah, that's we've we've uh, you know, we've been given cool platforms and uh, it's just just it would be a shame to not use it for good, you know. And so we've been able to have a lot of great opportunities to help a lot of people in the eat and that's uh, I'm glad you Reckon.
Speaker 12: That's cool.
Speaker 6: That's the one thing that he said, everything that you've done off the field seems to be your legacy just as much as anything you did on the mound.
Speaker 17: Well, that's the legacy that I would prefer to have almost you know, it's the opportunity to go out and make a difference in the world.
Speaker 12: We just don't have very long to do that.
Speaker 17: You know, this very finite world that we live in, very finite, very finite profession, especially where we only get three or four years to actually do something that matters maybe and for most of the people, and then you know.
Speaker 12: We might get ten or twelve.
Speaker 17: I was lucky to have more, and so we have to use our time wisely and to the most of to the best of our ability to get cool things done for people to.
Speaker 6: Need some of the fun stuff that you've done, to generate money for people overseas. And you know, less fortunate is the fantasy football charity event that you had when you played, and Freddie said that is that still going, yeah.
Speaker 17: Still doing, still chugging along. It's a lot harder when you get outside the game to generate the same kind of interest. You know, even if you have great career doesn't really matter. I mean, you got to be there and be you know, with the people a lot. And and we're still we're still chugging along though.
Speaker 12: We're still doing a lot of great things.
Speaker 17: I think big league impact through fantasy football events, karaoke events, top golf, sporting plays. You know, we've raised thirteen million dollars so for people in need food, feeding people and giving them clean water and basic essential needs and and that's all really rewarding at the end of the day.
Speaker 6: Adam Wainwright is our guest before first pitch between the Dodgers and Brewers. Clayton Kershaw is dealing with some of the stuff that I'm sure you dealt with after you retired. You went through so much to continue to pitch into your forties. He found a way to come back from a couple of different injuries to continue to go out his own way. How important do you believe it was for him, like you to go out on your own terms.
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, I mean, just you still want to have regrets, you know, you don't want to look back and and uh and say I wish I would have played one more year. You know, you give it everything you have and play as I remember, uh, Jeff Soupond told me one time, play as long as you can, you know, because you can't come back into this game ten years after you get done and go back in and play Major League Baseball.
Speaker 12: Just not how it works.
Speaker 17: So our bodies are are are a lot of a certain amount of time, you know, and you got to you gotta grind through some injuries, and you gotta play through hurt, and you got to learn how to get the job done sometimes when you feel like crap, And that's just part of it.
Speaker 12: That's part of being a pro. And I always love that part of it.
Speaker 17: You know, Like if I could, if I could get my team to believe that no matter what, I was gonna go out there and fight, no matter how I felt, they knew I was going to compete my butt off, you know, that was a win for me right there.
Speaker 14: How much mutual respect do you and Clayton have for each other?
Speaker 17: Well, I don't know about From his side, I have lots of respect for him, and from my side, I think we're you know, he's a he's a good friend of mine and he was one of the guys.
Speaker 12: I told him this. He hated.
Speaker 17: He always hated when I because I'm a hugger and I'm a words of affirmation guy. Yeah, and he's he's not so much, and so he would be like, gosh, I hate when.
Speaker 10: You do this.
Speaker 17: But you know, I always love to tell him, like, listen, man, you're one of the guys that pushes me to be better.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 12: They're one of the guys that when.
Speaker 17: I go into the gym, I know I got to get that third fourth set when I don't want to. You know, you're one of the guys that I get up early to do this stuff for and and and put those extra sweat you know, beads on your forehead because I know guys like him were doing it, you know, And so I always was chasing him.
Speaker 12: I wanted to be the cy young guy every year.
Speaker 17: He just never would let me because he kept having a one ady r a you know. And and uh, and I see guys when the cy young now, I'm like man's because they don't have Clayton Kershaw and his prime to go up against.
Speaker 12: You know, Max Schurz are in.
Speaker 17: His prime, royality and his prime like a bunch of my years, I'm like, that could have won, you know, and today, but uh, it was always so fun competing against Clayton. He's just as as great a competitor as there's ever been in our game. He he made me go to bed early and wake up earlier, you know, just to try to compete with him.
Speaker 12: So I'll always be appreciative him that.
Speaker 6: You both were known for, Uncle Charlie, did you ever look at the curveballs and the similarities. I know you're a right hander, he was a left hander, but was there any parallels.
Speaker 12: Well, I think we used we used them similarly.
Speaker 17: I mean, his his curveball was such a contrast to his fastball.
Speaker 12: Though. You know, he's coming.
Speaker 17: Hard in the fastball, hard end with that nasty slider, and and that was probably like ninety percent of the time you were going to see fastball slider, and then all of a sudden, you know, he'd pop that that straight over the top like he's throwing a washer into a five gallon bucket curveball, and you just can't even it looked so different out of his hand. You can't look for that because you had to be ready for ninety four ninety five in heavy and so it just was such a surprise. Everybody was always out front of it mine, you know, they kind of knew it was coming. Eventually you faced me, You're gonna see a curveball most likely, And and I never had Clayton's great fastball really, so.
Speaker 12: We used them. We used them similarly.
Speaker 17: To get him off our fastballs, you know, he he. He did it as more of like a like a there's no way you can look for this. I did it as a I need to get you out with my heater, so I want you to try to hit this curveball. And if you try to hit this curveball, most likely you're gonna get out. So that so then you know, it kind of played in my favor that way.
Speaker 12: But as I got.
Speaker 17: Older and I lost my heater, uh, the curveball wasn't that much of a contrast anymore.
Speaker 12: It became very hard.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I know Clayton Hall has used to talk about change up envy, but he never wanted to compromise just his other pitches by throwing that pitch. Did you ever have anything any change up envy or any other pitch envy?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I always I always wanted a great change up and I had an absolute banger of a change up every spring training that I got lots of outs with. I got lots of outs in spring with my change up every year, and it was always with a new grip and a new swagger.
Speaker 12: I always I called it my Devastator.
Speaker 17: And ever go into every year like really confident to throw my Devastator. And I'd come out of the first game of the season and I would have thrown one.
Speaker 12: Or two, you know, and it's like, dang it.
Speaker 17: I thought I was gonna throw twelve or fifteen of them, you know, And so I did a little bit. But the same thing he said, you know, I knew that I could get you out with my sinker and my curveball and my cutter. He knew he could get you out with his four seemer and his slider and his curveball. And you know, what you don't ever want to do is give up extra base hits or put yourself in a bad count throwing your fourth best pitch if you don't have confidence in it.
Speaker 14: Hey, h before I let you go.
Speaker 6: One thing that Clayton always talked about, especially towards the end of his career, is just go out there and compete with what you have.
Speaker 14: That's something you did as well.
Speaker 6: Is there anybody or any few guys in the game that stand out to you now that have that same type of compete that you and Clayton had.
Speaker 17: Well, my favorite guy to watch is Zach Wheeler. You know, I just love I love watching him pitch. And he's an actual pitcher, you know, he goes out there and competes.
Speaker 12: I mean guys like.
Speaker 17: Trek Scooble, they're they're so great because he has he has the mindset to go along with the stuff. There's tons of guys of our in our game that have stuff. There's tons of guys that throw upwards one hundred miles an hour now, uh, but they.
Speaker 12: Don't have that dog inside of them, you know.
Speaker 17: And and Zach Wheeler and uh and Terrek they're they're they're my probably my two favorite guys because they're just out there. They're putting their cajonas on the line every pitch. You know, they're they're they're out there just fighting like dogs.
Speaker 12: And I love that.
Speaker 17: You know, as a pitcher, if you're not competing your tail off your team, I don't really know what you're doing out there.
Speaker 14: I love it, Adam, Wayne right is our guest.
Speaker 6: So much reaction from guys that you overlap with guys that you never faced. How much does that make you feel, like, hey, some of these guys remember old Wayno here.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it's always good to come back and see faces, you know, and and and and I've started to get to the age where where guys are like I loved watching you growing up, you know, and that kind of stuff, and that that makes me feel special because I know I had those guys too. And when I played golf with Lavin and Maddox the other day, and you know, I had them sign my scorecard at the end, and they were kind of like, what the heck? And I was like, Bro, I'm still a huge fan, you know, Like you know, I've patted my game after y'all, So like, I don't think you should ever lose that fandom of baseball.
Speaker 14: Adam, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 6: I'm a little kid right now, because watching you do your thing so impressive and so much respect. Even though you wore that cardinal red and beat the Dodgers in thirteen and fourteen, we all remember those dates. But what you stand for off the field, from your peers and what they shared with me obviously speaks for itself. So thank you so much for your time.
Speaker 12: Thank you very much for saying that.
Speaker 6: Adam Waynwright's on the call today with Joe Davis and aj Persinski on Fox.
Speaker 14: We'll send it back to you, Tim, all.
Speaker 7: Right, thanks a lot of dv Adam Wayne right, not one of the good guys, one of the great guys in baseball on and off the field.
Speaker 5: Leading you up to.
Speaker 7: First pitch Dodgers and Brewers, first pitch coming up in four fifteen. We're gonna dive deeper in this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Dodgers Brewers Game two of this three game a weekend set.
Speaker 5: First pitch coming up at four fifteen.
Speaker 3: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 5: Rog you by your Toyota dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 7: Robert Gasser on the mound, twenty six year old left hander picked by the Padres in twenty twenty one, traded to the Brewers and the Josh Haterer deal in twenty twenty two. Got hurt in twenty twenty four after five starts, missed all I'm pretty much all of last year, making his second start now with the big leagues this year, sweet Bert Sinker fastball change up cutter last time out four innings, three runs, three hits, three strikeouts, two walks and a no decision against the Twins. Dodgers saw him not the regular season before, but in Game two of the NLCS in Milwaukee last year, pitch two thirds of an innying Rookie Sasaki for the Dodgers two and three, five h nine er rate. Making his ninth start last time out arguably his best, seven innings one run, four hits, eight strikeouts, zero walks in a win over the Angels. Will face the Brewers for the first time in the regular season. He saw them three times in the NLCS, tossing the combined two and two third innings Rookie Sasaki, Robert Gasser, Dodgers and Brewers for fifteen minutes away for first pitch.
Speaker 5: Keys to the game are next. I'm Tim Kais's the back to back world Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 7: Lead you up to Dodgers and Brewers Rookie Sasaki Robert Gass for the pitching matchup. As we get you ready for the start of the game with a Sapporo start. Oh yeah, great moments. Start with Sapporo beer. Whatever your taste preference is. Memorial Day weekend, Sapporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing longers, including lights and non alcoholic beers. Sapporo good with sushi, but great with baseball. Let's head back out to the booth never James, Loni.
Speaker 8: Guys, Tam thanks again, we're counting you down to the first pitch of the ballgame. Here tonight in Milwaukee, the roof will be closed once again.
Speaker 2: And that is a temperature thing. No threat of rain in the area.
Speaker 8: It's just when it's below sixty five degrees, they will close the roof here and play indoors. So that's the situation here tonight. But the Brewers continued to make a lot of contact. One thing to keep an eye on is how Roki Sasaki can handle them. In the first inning, they have one of the best run differentials in all of baseball, plus fifteen, meaning they've scored fifteen more runs in the opposition in the first inning alone. Only the Yankees have a higher first inning run differential at plus sixteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we saw last night how aggressive they were in the count. They did not want to get to Robski slider late in the count. They were showing, hey, we can hit the ball the other way, we can pull the ball. They're showing you everything they can do. They're really similar to last year's team, So hopefully Roki can keep the ball down. You know, he's giving up some hard contact this year, more hard contact than you know he's but coming off the last start, who worked, you know, the forkball he has to split.
Speaker 10: Just being able to control the pitchers, right, that's going to be his thing because the stuff is always going to be there.
Speaker 8: Well, He's gonna throw a lot of splitters, and Dave Roberts was asked what he wanted to see from Roki today. He said he wanted to see him throw that splitter for strikes again. Coming off a career high eight strikeouts against the Angels, but one thing Sasaki worked on in spring training and he rolled out early in the season was the cutter. Last game against the Angels, he didn't throw a single one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he was just trying to abandon it, control the pitches that he's comfortable with. He knows, hey, if I can have this, can control, I can get these guys out. I get early outs too. I want to go deep into the ballgame, preserve the bullpen, and be a starter, you know, for many years to come. Because he know there's guys waiting to come back to be starters.
Speaker 2: Well, face the left handed Robert Gasser, who will.
Speaker 8: Come with a low three quarter delivery and a lot of sweepers and sliders and things like that. So we'll see what happens today. As far as Gasser is concerned with the Brewers, Roki Sasaki going for the Dodgers. Dodgers and Brewers Game two. This three game set lineups the first pitch right around the corner too.
Speaker 7: All right, thank you, guys, don't forget when this game is over. David Vessey's got you cover with all the postgame festivities, reaction high lights, and then of course Dodger talk as well. Dodgers going into play first place atop the NL West at thirty one and twenty the Brewers first place atop the NL Central at thirty and eighteen.
Speaker 5: Dodgers.
Speaker 7: They're leading the division just a half game over the San Diego Padres.
Speaker 5: Padres in action.
Speaker 7: Later on tonight at home against the Athletics, coming up first pitch from Milwaukee. Can Rookie Sasaki duplicate what he did last week against the Angels. We'll find out. Game two of this three game set is next. Enjoin everybody. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Networks