Speaker 1: All right, it is Mojo in the morning. I gotta tell you guys a quick story. So I got I got invited to go to Monday night's game for the Lions, a Monday night football game. Thank you, by the way, because I can't actually play the music because it's copywritten, but I can get you anymore. No, Well, we're supposed to not podcast anything that's copywritten or post on our streams and stuff like that. It's stupid how it works. So go ahead, Monday night football. All right, perfect, that's all. Now they got the idea. So I was invited to go to Oh my god, and it was with a group of people.
Speaker 2: It was a group. It was like six, seven or eight or it. Amicus.
Speaker 1: So, a buddy of mine has a bunch of tickets to the Lions and usually we'll keep some tickets but then sell some tickets. He decided that he was going to get a big group of us and we were all going to go to the game together, and he invited me along with a couple of other people that are going to be going to the game. Well, he contacted me this week and said, hey man, sorry about this, but no go on Monday Night's game. Just want to let you know that we'll pick another game through the season and I'll take you. I said, hey, no problem, I appreciate it. So everything is cool. I'm thinking none of us are going.
Speaker 2: To the game.
Speaker 1: I then talked to one of the guys that was invited to go with us, and I said to him, like, that's a bummer about us not going on Monday night's game. And he goes, what are you talking about? And I said, yeah, wow, I heard that we're not going. No, that's not because and he goes, let me check, and so he calls another guy that was supposed to be going with us. That guy says, no, we're going to the game. He calls a second person to verify this.
Speaker 2: Would you do to get uninvited?
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I want to know. Has anybody ever been uninvited to something? And if you have been uninvited, how do you dress the uninvite Because I don't think I've ever been uninvited to something. Maybe I have, Maybe they just didn't maybe they canceled everything and I didn't know that they were actually still doing it. But I feel like I've been uninvited, and I'm wondering what do I do do I do?
Speaker 2: I say to him, like, you don't say anything.
Speaker 3: He already said what he say it you can't come back around and you look like.
Speaker 2: A pik me way.
Speaker 4: I know, but I would be and I agree, I don't think I would ever say anything, but my brain would be going a mile a minute wondering why I was the one that got uninvited.
Speaker 1: You should buy a ticket and just see them be like this was actually kind of here, anas that got the idea that I was kind of thinking about. I was thinking to myself, well, maybe what I'll do is maybe I will buy a ticket or buy a couple of tickets and take like Luke, have Luke come in or ever whoever to a game? And then I thought, ah, that's like passive aggressive. And then I said, well, yeah, I like being passive aggressive.
Speaker 2: That's kind of fun. There have you?
Speaker 1: And I want to actually actually throw this out there aside from have you ever been uninvited? Has anybody had to uninvite somebody? That's like, how have you uninvited somebody? When you know, because honestly, the phone call that he made to me seems so matter of fact, like you know, hey, man, I just wanted to just wanted to let you know Monday is going to be a no go, you know it. It was really, like, honestly a very personal thing that we I think about that.
Speaker 3: Like when I hear people who have weddings and they have a certain amount, or they're trying to figure out how many guests that they're going to have, or if you have a big birthday dinner but the venue is only going to hurt hold a certain amount, and I guess you're excited and you're like, man, I would love for you to come, no no da, And it gets down to it and you don't have as many plates or seats as you originally thought you have.
Speaker 4: Oh, that is so stressful to be able.
Speaker 2: To tell somebody that they can't come.
Speaker 1: Four four Mojo Live eight four four six six five six five four eight is our telephone number. Our text is nine five five zero zero. If you do text, by the way, text if you want us to call you, we'll do that.
Speaker 2: We'll call you up and get you on the air.
Speaker 1: Uh. Well, then Tony just said take me. That's from three to one three Tony and that one Tony. I gotta be honest with you. You might be good. If you drive, I'll go.
Speaker 3: I think in that situation with with you and Monday night football, maybe he over sold, like maybe he's that's why I want to have more tickets than he did. Or maybe he invited somebody initially and they couldn't go and now they could.
Speaker 4: Fine, fine, But why him and why not the other guys?
Speaker 2: Maybe he was the last one of the ds?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: And also why not just say hey, true, you know what I mean? Like I screwed up the number? Are you cool if I take you to one? And maybe that will come now that I just brought this up at the topic on the air, which honestly, I'm fine with two friends and who'd be listening, that's fine. I have no problem with that, although I do think that it would be even funnier to go to the game. Yeah, and I know where the tickets are too, so I know what section and it's like I have to see if the tickets aren't crazy expensive in that section.
Speaker 2: What's up? Jackson?
Speaker 6: Hi? I uh before time calling? Long time listening.
Speaker 1: We don't have a sound for that, but it's nice to have you. What's going on?
Speaker 6: Uh? So I was just telling Lydia bombs in the marink are used to parties on the weekend, and we had a guy I can't fill him Mobster, but he would get really tore up and get kind of you know, bay loyalish, you know, kind of.
Speaker 2: He liked to diddy himself. He said, is that.
Speaker 7: So he would get like tore up and whatnot and then just kind of like make the females uncomfortable.
Speaker 6: And like they told us, like after the party, they.
Speaker 1: Were like, now I gotta you know, don't yeah, don't ever invite him again. So did you have to uninvite him from things?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we think want the group chat and everything.
Speaker 1: Had to change the venue, by the way, that's the worst when you have to change the venue. And by the way, thank you for calling in with this as your example of a conversation for me. Now everybody's gonna think I diddy up and that's why I'm not going to the game.
Speaker 2: Brokel what's up?
Speaker 8: Bro kill Hi.
Speaker 5: I was just saying that it sounded like maybe he couldn't afford it, like if he was paying for you this Monday, like maybe it was just something you couldn't say.
Speaker 1: I do know that he sells and makes money off of the tickets. So hey, listen, I'm a big believer in this one cash in pocket is better than friend and seat, you know what I mean. Like like it's a Monday night game. And don't get me wrong, you know, for those people that don't know this, the Buccaneers travel for these games, so their fans are coming in and people probably want to make some money off those tickets. And that's but it was an weird number, you know what I mean. It's like, all right, not going, but the rest of these guys are.
Speaker 2: What's up? Eric II?
Speaker 8: Hey, how are you guys?
Speaker 1: We're doing fantastic. You had or I'm sorry you were the uninvited guest? What happened?
Speaker 8: That's correct? First time long time, by the way, Yeah, I was. I was dating my friend who was her Her friend's daughter was marrying an NTL player, Nick Robertson.
Speaker 2: Okay, and.
Speaker 8: They decided to get a smaller wedding. Uh so they had invited the spouses.
Speaker 1: Wow, So did you have to tell your guests she was uninvited?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Yeah, the spouses were out abouted.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you something that is the worst when they they'll you'll find out that the spouse is not invited there, and then you have to tell the person that because then it makes the spouse feel like there's something shy.
Speaker 2: One anyway, Yeah, I.
Speaker 8: Bugged the time off of work because it was out of town and everything else, so it was like.
Speaker 1: Goodness, and it's an out of town wedding of a celebrity. That's the other thing too, that would be a tough one. Allie, what's up?
Speaker 5: My husband and I have actually uninvited my stepdaughter from all family events from here until eternity.
Speaker 2: Why.
Speaker 5: It actually goes back to the fact of we are raising her children for the last six months.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's not good.
Speaker 5: A pretty unfortunate situation, but she has taken no responsibility for her part in it, and essentially she has now been blackballed from everything.
Speaker 1: Wow, well you know what, that's a that's such a messy situation. Uh that I won't step into. But thank you for the call. That's it's amazing when you got to uninvite him from everything, Steve, what's up, Steve, Joe A.
Speaker 7: Long time in a long time listener.
Speaker 1: That's all right, Steve, Steve, that might that might be, that might be the greatest. You just couldn't figure out exactly what the words were that you that you wanted to.
Speaker 2: Say, correct, Yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 7: Hey Ojoe? You know it happened to me with baseball man the whole, all the brothers, friends, everybody wanted me to didn't want me to play. But years down the road, I thought, you know what, I didn't need to show nothing. I was better than that. You know, I was the star of the show, you know and stuff. And I think that sounds like what you know, they already know you're the man.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: By the way, thank you for trying to make me feel good. But it's not working.
Speaker 2: I understand.
Speaker 7: And you know what, it didn't work for me for like three or thirty years.
Speaker 1: You know, you know what, you know, that's going to be my thing, by the way so eloquently put Steve, But