Speaker 1: Morning, lady, gentlemen, and welcome to video Message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: Listen Beaverville. Come on, man, I.
Speaker 3: Woke up yesterday morning with us.
Speaker 4: Bring us to start later, please, I could never know if the day with us Florida.
Speaker 2: Listen up.
Speaker 4: The ratings just came in for last month.
Speaker 2: We are number one.
Speaker 4: We just grabbed every key.
Speaker 2: Demogra Yeah, super duper.
Speaker 4: That's nice. Fight a goo Nito gay.
Speaker 2: Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 3: It is the twentieth day of October twenty twenty five. Good morning, everybody. Welcome to Monday morning on the part of Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Here we are.
Speaker 3: It's a Vikings Purple Monday, and it didn't go so well yesterday. We'll talk all about that with both, of course, Ben Lieber and Mike Mussman as we break it all down today on the Partrip Morning Show. You're on Minnesota Vikings Morning Show and get you ready turn around real quickly for a Thursday night game in Los Angeles against the Chargers who got us got beat up pretty bad, Yestordy too. So lots to talk about and so many things happen this weekend, including a big win by your Gophers. Let's get started here's Jim gaffickin comedy on The Patrick Morning Show.
Speaker 5: Come on in.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 6: My wife stopped buying paper towels are bad for the environment, which surprised me. I guess we should know paper towels are bad for the environment. They do have a lumberjack on the label. The guys are standing there like, let's destroy.
Speaker 4: The O zone together. I'll clear cut this for us.
Speaker 6: Do you drive an sud if you look closely under one army's smothering an owl.
Speaker 4: Obviously we all care about the environment.
Speaker 6: Some of those people are throwing full bags of garbage out on the highway. They're been driving down the highway to see a full bag of garbage. Would you love to meet that guy. I'm too lazy to empty my garbage. He's taking his for a ride. What's going on in the car higher garbage?
Speaker 2: You're not talking, you're walking.
Speaker 4: You're a bit at homie.
Speaker 6: Go to throw something out and you see the garbage can needs a bag. You look me and think I'm gonna wait for someone else to do that. I don't know if I'm done with these orange peels yet. Later on I might make some potpourrie or something.
Speaker 2: Yes, hello, the famer side is weird and.
Speaker 3: Fetus on your side.
Speaker 7: You hear the distance thunder this lad and then you stray.
Speaker 3: There's only one winner, and unfortunately it's now your Mennicina Vikings didn't say everybody, Welcome to the Monday morning edition.
Speaker 4: I've been able powers that morning show.
Speaker 2: Here we are.
Speaker 4: But it's another week.
Speaker 8: Yeah, man, are it's a big week. That's the same as every other week. Yeah, good point.
Speaker 3: Now for some of us.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, hawks off to la we go to Vegas on Thursday.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yesterday was tough, hogs.
Speaker 2: You and I were there.
Speaker 4: It was tough. It's tough, guys. Guys, guys, it's tough, guys. You know, I got a lot of thoughts.
Speaker 3: I don't want to give away all my thoughts in the very first segment of the show, you know, I mean, I got some big breakdown. But but mister Lieber, mister leslie Yeah, mister, that's so much a good ext but it was maybe it was.
Speaker 4: That's a good bit.
Speaker 3: That's what we're gonna come from now. Lustman yeah, oh yeah, ego, he's lusty, very horny. Oh yeah, yeah, Mussman and Libra will be here to tell us what happened and why it happened and how we're going to keep it from happening again. Thursday night on Thursday Night.
Speaker 4: Football, Yeah it was. Yeah, it was like Thursday night slap.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sunday, bro, Yeah it was Sunday.
Speaker 1: Thanks for paying attention, Come on, bro, But Thursday might be some Thursday night slop because that team, the Chargers, got absolutely dismantled by the Colts, who were six and one.
Speaker 3: Might be the best team football.
Speaker 4: They are out STANDI.
Speaker 3: I was gonna ask mister Lieberman and mister Peliser, you know that on Thursday last week, because I heard mister Lieberman say too Den Barramamo that he thought the Colts were the best team in football last week. I was like, Wow, that's a big statement.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: They go out and just pound.
Speaker 4: Ass, pound ass.
Speaker 3: That's what they did.
Speaker 4: Thirty eight twenty four on the road, on the road.
Speaker 1: Jonathan Taylor Thomas had three touchdowns in ninety four yards.
Speaker 3: Not bad for an actor, No, not bad for sad dollars. Yeah, he's getting up there. He's long in the tooth is what I'd say.
Speaker 4: But I think he has touchdowns in the last like three games.
Speaker 3: My teeth don't seem any longer. I'm not gonna lie to you. I looked at pictures of myself as as I was. You know, I'm fifty four now, and I looked at pictures of myself at thirty four. Teeth same length.
Speaker 8: But if your teeth got longer. Yeah, you know, what do you think you'd be a dracula? You know it has been a vampire much long? Yeah, I've heard, man, I don't know what's going on. Let's not forget that. Like four or five days ago, Tommy asked to see it. Yeah, he did twice.
Speaker 3: Uh, that was on I mean that's what you heard. Yeah, you should have seen the text I got. Oh now he been mugged me.
Speaker 1: We talked about it yesterday hogs Daddy on the Well You're Wiener and on the Vikings broadcast. How hammered was Tommy on Friday at the Golden got it all? I thought he was completely sober.
Speaker 4: Like you set up was like going to Bruce Springsteen to a concert.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, it was like I was at a concert with Bruce Springsteen. Concert with Bruce Springsteen. That's how much people love Tommy Eielsen. Yeah, he's the best. And the whole, the whole crew was there. I met people like Ron's and Franz you did, yeah, Man and Musgrave or whatever he calls. I've met all of them and they are the I did. I met, I wore and met American WOA.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was so cool to meet all of them, you know, to put faces to names. They're all damned handsome people.
Speaker 4: Oh and they're all very nice, very nice, and.
Speaker 3: They treated Abigail so well. We had such a great time and what a great night to be out. There's Friday night football and just a beautiful night and a great win where we just stomped that ass into the ground.
Speaker 4: Is a fun night.
Speaker 3: And we stormed the field and I was criticized, and not not specifically me, but I was listening to Brero and Maxo yesterday on the way into the game and they were talking about how storm in the field after meeting a team we beat all the time as weird and you shouldn't expect it. And here's the thing. I didn't do it because we beat Nebraska. I did it because Abel said let's go, and I said let's go, and we did it. If we had lost the game and day that gave us access to the field. I'd have gone down there too. How many times you ever going to be on a field like that on a beautiful Friday night with your daughter, celebrating and having a good time. I don't know if that'll ever wrap it again, but it happened Friday night, and I'm damn glad it did. So Criticize me all you want, but I enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: So there you go. Eat balls, Yeah, man, eat balls.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If Abs wants to do it, you do it.
Speaker 2: That's it. We had fun.
Speaker 3: We may never do it again, right, I mean, I don't know who knows if the Gophers may never win another game?
Speaker 8: Oh your handst Was there a point were you hinted at like it's getting cold, traffic's going to be tough?
Speaker 4: Abs? How you doing?
Speaker 1: You know all the hints you have that I use when you want to leave? Man, long game, good game. I think they're gonna win. I think they're going to hold onto win. How many hints were given to Abby about leaving?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: You ever you ever.
Speaker 3: Like standing in front of your cupboard and or refrigerator and you're saying to yourself not hungry at all. Yeah, but there's a bag of oreos there. Yeah, and over there there's a half gallon of ice cream. Yep, probably every day, and you say yourself, you know what, here's the thing. Not gonna do it, because I know if I eat that ice cream is gonna be the farts. If I eat those oreos, I'm gonna explode. And you talk yourself out of it, and you successfully shut the door, and you go to bed and you feel better about it. In the morning, you wake up, You're like, I did that.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: I told myself I am not going to even bring up the idea of leaving the gamerly. I'm gonna let Avail decide when she's ready to go. She will were having You know, she's twenty three year old woman, she's got her own life. We don't get to spend as much time together. She lives three hours away from me, so when I see her, I got to take advantage of it, right.
Speaker 4: So yeah, But of course I kept saying you're ready to go? You did, didn't you?
Speaker 3: How about fourteen times? But not because I wanted to give her so much. I just wanted to, you know, I was like I don't know, you know. But then when we found the Olsens, Yeah, and they all decided they were going doing shots after the game.
Speaker 4: It was over.
Speaker 3: I was in for the long haul.
Speaker 4: But you went to a bar the Buffalo Wings. Oh my goodness. This guy got home.
Speaker 3: About twelve thirty in the morning with a very drunk daughter.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, we had a blast. That's fun. Everybody was buying her drinks.
Speaker 8: So everybody, the plus eleven hundred of you staying till the end of the game hit paid paid the plus four thousand of yeah, going somewhere after the game hit.
Speaker 1: Some had it off the board, goodness. Yeah, some had going to a bar off the board and he still went.
Speaker 3: Billy Napier made thousands and thousands of dollars off of me last.
Speaker 4: Happy Birthday, Happy firing Billy.
Speaker 9: Yah.
Speaker 3: She's glad because he got fired, you know the next day. But he shouldn't have been betting on me, you know, should have been thinking about football. Uh, yeah, no, we did. We we went to the lovely Buffalo Webbings, met a bunch of great listeners, and yeah, I needed it after last week. You know, it was rough week around here last week. To go to the game with my daughter and to have a great time. And it was a beautiful Friday night under the lights. That's what college football is all about. That's how it should feel. And then the team winning, but so many people coming up saying love the show. You know, seeing people just react to Tommy and seeing people react to Avail I needed that.
Speaker 4: It was great.
Speaker 3: Then we go over to Buffalo Wild Wings and you know, they had three bartenders and one hundred thousand people, and then they were working their butts off. So the pros that they are, Hans and Franz and Tommy and everybody. Yeah, one person staged at each end of the bar, so they were all ordering drinks and every time they got there, they'd bring them.
Speaker 4: Over to the collective. They are the pros. Pros.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are lots of ladies down there with nice buttocks. There was just a beautiful Friday.
Speaker 4: Night that sounds fun.
Speaker 3: Did you go how is that go?
Speaker 4: I did Nott night?
Speaker 1: Did you go to McCarthy? No, there's McCartney. I kept saying McCarthy's house. Ye ask if he can play on Thursday because that's the option. Yeah, well I don't need to ask. I don't think at this point, let's hope.
Speaker 4: He can play. He can play. No, there was so much more. He dies, he dies, he dies.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but yeah, there's so much going on on Friday, and I ended up just going over a friend's house and watched a bunch of sports getting on.
Speaker 3: No, No, Hey, do you act like that's the question you asked me? I would, I just answered, I wouldn't have been all judging.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just said, no, did you get on?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Cha Chadah, Chad's great one. You had a nice new place up in Hugo and really like.
Speaker 8: A week ago, and you wouldn't even like everything is there, like you know, like a lot of people like take their time bringing their stuff at him and Sarah hand.
Speaker 4: They look like they've been living there.
Speaker 8: For years already. It's crazy, is that right? They got all the stuff, they got mirrors up, mirrors.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Maybe I don't know. That's that's their isn'ts.
Speaker 1: The first thing you do when you move is you call your cable company and tell them your movie.
Speaker 4: That's the first thing you did, well, the first thing.
Speaker 8: That's what I did when we moved up. They showed up the day we moved in, and then they didn't have cable for a couple of days. I can't like somebody. Uh, I guess they plugged the cables somewhere outside down the line, and that's yeah, guy to come down there and plug it back in.
Speaker 3: Well, first thing I do before I even buy the some bitch, just take a shower, okay, because the shower matters to me.
Speaker 4: Man, I need a good shower. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Second thing is I do I get a good squat, spread those cheeks.
Speaker 4: You let it know.
Speaker 3: I got to know if I'm gonna be out the crap in there.
Speaker 4: Let the house knows whose boss.
Speaker 3: And then I go around with incense and I make good with the ghosts. Oh, and then I show it who's boss.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then you just hammer yourself. The house needs to know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the house needs a cleansing, but it also needs to see you hammer it well.
Speaker 3: And the you know, the real estate agents are always happy with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, the dude I think sold you your last house, he was.
Speaker 3: Pill he was happy because I painted the ceiling.
Speaker 8: They're not happy with saus because he's on the phone with the cable company the entire time of the entire and the cable.
Speaker 3: Company is like, have you bought the house, sir, not yet, just let you know it might pulling in. Yeah, so you know what we should break and I know it's the Vikings Monday. Listen, listen, chill talk about the Vikings. We got lots of stuff.
Speaker 5: We got it.
Speaker 4: I got audio man. Yeah, well money cool audio man, audio man.
Speaker 3: I got all kinds of stuff going on. We'll break it down. But you guys got to know about what I did to myself yesterday.
Speaker 4: Whoa after the game?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, because on Thursday, right in the middle of Amazonian Thursday Night football, my TV decided to stop. I've had a furlong time, but it's a big as TV.
Speaker 4: It's cool, you know.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh no, And then uh, Friday, we were watching the Great Punkin Charlie Brown carving some pumpkins. No, that was Saturday, Saturday morning, We're pumpkins, and TV went off again.
Speaker 4: The Great Charlie Brown is undefeated, the best, Yeah, the best. So I tried to reset.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't work. Then I realized it's time for new TV. Yeah, yesterday I had to work. After the Vikings game, I decided it's new TV time. Oh and that's when Shenananigins ensued.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, I'll take you about the shenangansafing.
Speaker 1: This can't wait. Thanks to my friends at gutter Helmet. Gutterhelmet MN dot com. The leaves are already falling. If you don't have gutter helmet, you'll get leaves in there. They'll back up and they have all kinds of issues. Don't have that issues, don't waste a Saturday gutter.
Speaker 3: Don't have that issues.
Speaker 4: Don't have that issue. Issues in the world. Gutterhelmet MM dot com.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like this, ladies and gentlemen, we're the Powerchap morning show. The Vikings lost, but the season eight oh over. The Gophers won and the season's just begun. And that's a poem and you can quote me on that. Patrick mors shall be right back after something.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, welcome back here we are.
Speaker 3: Yesterday post game, our head coach Kevin O'Connell talked about our quarterback Carson Wentz's game.
Speaker 5: You said this, I thought he competed and got to see how he comes out health wise. Took some you know, he had to use his legs there a couple of times on the last drive. We'll see how he how he turns over and and uh, you know, I know Max was ready to go today and JJ was the emergency three. But JJ was able to get some some work last week. We'll see how he feels as well. And on a short week, we're gonna, you know, put together the best plan we can and that's also includes the players available to.
Speaker 4: So short week.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to talk to Benzo yeah, about whether or not he thinks JJ McCarthy will be your quarterback. I can't imagine he will. He hadn't that a full practice yet, but if he got want it be won this week, right.
Speaker 4: That audio was pretty Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think when they go back and watch the tape and you get Huck every road game and you listen to all the games, you get to see how great Pete is at his job. Pete mentioned multiple times there was that like slip screen that they ran with Jordan Addison where he would have gotten the first down in a bunch more yards and Carson Wentz just olays it into the ground. Then, as Pete points out, when they had that, how they were terrible in the red zone for a couple of reasons, and one of the reasons was on one of the drives. Is that intentional grounding penalty? As Pete kept saying on the broadcast, throw it out of the back of the end zone. You have to know that as a ten plus year vet in this league, Except he just guns into the ground and it's blatant intentional grounding, right, And I think those were mistakes that you shouldn't see from a guy that's ten years in the league.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 8: If Brozemer's in sure, if JJ's in sure, But I don't know. I think they make a quarterback change after he's ready though.
Speaker 3: Again, I mean you're making a unlike he's for sure going to be healthy enough and ready to go. Do you think that's the case.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, I think he's ready. Yeah, yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: I just think that this is you got a tough schedule coming up, right, You go on a short week against a team that just got beat up as well, right, so it's a little bit and I think they're only two and a half point favorites on Thursday, that being the Chargers, I think you make a quarterback switch. I just think Wentz played really bad yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean again, I wouldn't doubt that would be the case. I think at this point. If it were me, and I obviously completely one believe in the judge of one koc of course he'll make the right choice. But I think if we me and JJ was available and healthy enough, I would definitely plan because, yeah, I think what we saw yesterday is that perhaps Carson's not great enough to be the answer. Yes, so you have to find out at least this season. So you have to find out if JJ is great enough to be the answer. And the only way is going to be is if he gets time to learn and fail. And perhaps the way this team sits right now, our best case scenario is to use this as as a learning year. If we had won yesterday and we were sitting at a different record and we were heading for the playoffs and maybe a chance to win the whole thing, you'd say, no, stay with Carson. But that's not what happened. So perhaps we do use this as a learning year.
Speaker 4: Here's a weird analogy you. I don't even know if it's now.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it is. I'm excited to hear it. It does, it does matter?
Speaker 1: The witch isn't back to tomorrow. Yeah, y well, one person's excited. Yeah, yesterday's Broncos Giants game is an unbelievable football game that we are going to reference for years.
Speaker 4: Yes, they scored thirty three points in the fourth quarter. That you only liked it because you have and it helped me and the survivor.
Speaker 1: I switched the pick because somebody told me to take the Broncos, who I really really respect.
Speaker 4: They were getting mean texts about three quarters into that game.
Speaker 1: Anyway, My point though, is is if you watch that Broncos game and you're a New York Giants fan, there's one thing you take out of that game.
Speaker 3: What happened though? You have?
Speaker 4: Well, they lost.
Speaker 1: They were up nineteen I think in the fourth quarter and lost thirty three thirty two.
Speaker 3: So the Giants lost to the Broncos.
Speaker 4: Yes, got it.
Speaker 1: But if you're a Giants fan, you look at that game and you go, you know what, we have a franchise quarterback, right, that's something the Vikings need to learn.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: If this season is an eight to nine season and they just.
Speaker 1: Miss out on the playoffs, but JJ McCarthy played his heart out in all those games, that's a good thing. Right. If he doesn't, then you have that answer. I just think we have to know what we have in JJ McCarthy, right, that's my opinion. I agreed, you know what, I like it, and we have to find out what hawked in Why Yes, Shenanigan's buying a TV.
Speaker 3: So my TV decided it when it no longer wanted to work and I had things I wanted to watch last night, including a documentary by the way, about a crazy neighbor lady.
Speaker 1: Oh, the one on Netflix. Yeah, yeah, that looks scary. I'll probably have to watch that.
Speaker 3: It's not scary at all. It's just, I mean, just a terrible person. Yeah, but the documentary is there. It's about this neighbor lady who ends up doing something terrible because she's a Karen, you know, and she won't leave her neighbors alone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, go ahead, I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna say no. I wouldn't. I would not. This lady's detestable. But the documentary is interesting in itself because there's no narration. Everything is done by police cam. The entire thing is police cam, the entire thing. It's pretty crazy. I've never seen a documentary like it. It's called like the World's Worst Neighbor. It's about Corey Cove. But I digress. Oh yeah, I wanted to watch some TV. I wanted to have a good night on the couch. I needed a TV. I need a t and I went. I went online and I was like, you know, I'm gonna give myself TeV a biggin right?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Did you? Did? You talk like sling blade? Kind of?
Speaker 3: I realized I couldn't find my measuring tape. Don't know where's that? Not even know for sure I have one, looked everywhere, couldn't find it. Didn't look everywhere, looked a couple of places when they're quite. So I thought, that looks like maybe about seventy five inch TV. I don't know how big my TV is not, just I'll just get one that big, right. So I go over to Target and the guy just like, yeah, you know it's cool, man, this is good TVs. But you know, if you waited like a month and a half, a great deal. So I'm like, yeah, you're probably right. And I got home and I was like, what do I care? I need a TV tonight?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Right, yeah, I waiting until Friday. You're not for saving money, that's right? What am I wait? What am I not TV? Johnny?
Speaker 8: Why do they not have their Black Friday sales going yet, that's right, it's Sunday.
Speaker 4: Sure, yeah, let's go man.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Someone on best buy dot com, great website, thank you, and they had deals like but you had to buy it online and pick it up in store. My guess is if you went to the store and said, hey, this is the deal and they're like, no, you need to do that online. If you walked out on like on the street, yeah, and got on your phone and bought it, and then you went in so I'm here, they'd have to honor the deal. But it was significant. Is this giant television? Yeah for three ninety nine see seventy five a seventy five inch TV. I got myself a Kia Sorrento. Yeah, it's an suv. I can follld all the seats down. So I ordered that some bitch online. Oh boy, I'm feeling good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, feeling good.
Speaker 2: On it was good.
Speaker 3: It's about six o'clock. They say they're gonna send me a sweet email let me know when my TV is ready for us this week. They said me be about an hour. I say cool, But I got things I like, things I want to do, So I decided I'm gonna roll on into best Buy and wander my word around best Buy. I wait on them to say, hey, your TV's done, So I do, I got that exact thing happens. I get into best Buy and look around. I got it. I'm checking out Robot vacuums. Yeah, I'm checking out DVDs and CDs.
Speaker 10: I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, carrots, it's your money. I'm a consumer bitch. Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I got upset, but that's okay. Let's talking to my bank account.
Speaker 4: Yeah is it the is it a Samsung seventy five inch TV?
Speaker 3: Emails?
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, it's right on their website. That's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so for you, I get an email. I walk over to do mind account. I'm like, dude, I'm here, this is me.
Speaker 4: Here's my thing. Wait you do your Forrest Gump? Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 3: He says cool, he said, it's over here. I's all right.
Speaker 4: I walk over and that oh my god box put.
Speaker 3: That television's in is bigger than my Kia Sorrento.
Speaker 4: It's I mean, it's this it's huge, Yeah, enormous.
Speaker 3: And I said, well that's not gonna work, but I'd already checked it outside to take it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's like no, I can't check it back in.
Speaker 4: I'm like, well I can't take it, Yeah, I'm I carry it at home.
Speaker 3: So I I Ding Dong Ding had an idea. I've read and seen the home depot rents trucks.
Speaker 4: Did you know that? Yeah, of course they do.
Speaker 3: And there's a home depot in Maple Grove. I was at the Best Buying Maple Grove. So I look at my watch. It's six thirty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they close out eight. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I call them, Hey, yo, Hoxster. They're like, hey, what's that dude? You got any of those trucks for rent? Dude says yea. So what time he closed? He says eight. I look at my watch at six thirty. I look at the gentleman from Best Buy. This is what time do you close? He says eight? He said, Coop. I get in the Kia Sorento, A howl balls across Maple Growth, which ain't easy because I hit every stop light and everybody decided they had nowhere to be.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean? Don't you hate that?
Speaker 2: Mic?
Speaker 3: So when everybody in front of you decide they got nowhere they need to be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it happened today driving in just Now it's the worst. Aren't you going to work? How much don't you need to do that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Move?
Speaker 3: The light's being green for ten minutes, Grandma.
Speaker 8: Yeah, or hey, if I stay in the right lane here, I'm going the wrong way. So how about when I turned my signal on. There's a line of cars at some point, someone just be nice and let a guy in, Mike, this is.
Speaker 4: About me, I know. Move Okay.
Speaker 3: So I make my way to home depot.
Speaker 4: Making my way there, and you're rented pickup.
Speaker 3: I haven't got it yet.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, and you're in the keya now yeah.
Speaker 3: And the gentleman says, here's the thing. If you're back here by seven thirty, it's twenty three dollars. That's damn cheap. Everybody also says everybody else says, you need to fill up the gas tank, and I need a receipt showing that you did. So I've got to get the best BUYE. Pick up the TV, get the TV to my house, get the TV out of my out of the truck, get the truck to the gas station, fill up with gas, and get it to home depot.
Speaker 8: And I got an hour so real quick because I was walking down the hallway when it started. So you're your TV is so big it won't fit in the creek and it's enormous.
Speaker 3: Had seventy five inch. Yeah, it's and I got for three ninety nine and cheap. O.
Speaker 4: What the what is a simpsum? That's such a good TV. It's a damn fine television.
Speaker 5: But it's.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Toshiba. That's it. It's ABA. This is about me, Zach. Okay, it's okay, okay TV. It's just okay, wow, good TV.
Speaker 8: Wow, Zach, Zach, do you need to tear me down? I feel good about my TV. I actually we're in the middle of this crazy story. I want to know if you got that twenty three dollars deal. Here's the deal, Zacho.
Speaker 3: By the way, just deciding I don't need my TV to make it so I can see the moon at night. I'm blind to one eye. I can't see anything anyway, and.
Speaker 4: He's watching.
Speaker 2: Most of the time.
Speaker 4: I just see shapes. Why somebody else's truck. It's a rectangle thing and I can't see. But can I borrow your truck?
Speaker 6: That's right?
Speaker 4: The trapzoid shaped thing to my right.
Speaker 3: And it was like the Lord wanted me to have apparently a halfway decent TV. Okay, thanks Zach. Because I hit every light, every grandma stayed out of my way. I got the best Buy. I roll in there. Dude says you need a cart. I say sure, I put it on the cart. As I'm rolling it out of the Best by the truck by the way, I'm like one of those sons of bitches that the rude I parked on the sidewalk because I ain't got time to time to be right.
Speaker 4: Money to save right right.
Speaker 3: And so the gentleman at the door, who checks to make sure you ain't stealing nothing goes, I can't let you take the cart outside. It's againstore policy. I said, do you see that truck right there? He said, yeah, I'm sorry store policy. I said, I got this. I picked that some bitch up.
Speaker 4: Just me, man. At this point, I'm pissed, yeah, and.
Speaker 3: I'm rolling up and I got forty five minutes jack, Yeah, kind of.
Speaker 4: There are a lot of things going in my head.
Speaker 3: I was like, can mom, man, it's right there anyway, So I hoofed some bitch over. There ain't a person in the world helping you boy out, Just me, and a cast of characters who don't care whether I live or die. So I throw that some bitch in the back of there, and I take off and I am haul in balls and.
Speaker 4: I can't believe it. I made every light.
Speaker 3: I get to my place, I throw the trailer hitch down. I am hoofing. I am like the best elf ever. I got a TV on my My neighbors must have thought I was an idiot. Yeah, I'm huffing and puffing.
Speaker 4: I get it in my house. What of them goes up to sheep? How dare you?
Speaker 3: It's a good TV.
Speaker 4: It's a good The reviews they're not terrible. Do you see pretty good?
Speaker 3: How do you see TV reviews?
Speaker 8: I mean you just google to Shiba TV and then there's a bunch of reviews on the website.
Speaker 4: I didn't do that. Four point six stars. Yeah, it's a it's a it's a led TV. That's pretty good for that price.
Speaker 8: Yes, for four hundred, that's a great that's seventy five inches, that's a great price.
Speaker 3: More inches the better, it's what they say.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I jump back in that truck, I roll on through. I get into the home depot parking lot and I realize I've forgotten to fill that sound bitch up?
Speaker 4: Oh I got ten minutes. Oh man, I am.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that truck ever laid rubber, but yes, I got over to Bobby and Steve's and Maple Grove. I filled that some bitch up. I got it back, literally, ran inside thing. There's nobody at the counter.
Speaker 4: Waiting. Time is a ticket.
Speaker 3: Time is ticket? Yeah, boy, time is ticket, And I'm watching and time rolls on by, and now it's official. I'm late, and I'm thinking to myself, is this gentleman going to be able to go on the security camp and watch when I walk back in? Because I'm gonna. I'm must stand up. I made it. It ain't been easy. I broke every law in America.
Speaker 4: And filled up a tank AGAs gallons? Did it take like a gallon?
Speaker 8: Like three?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't burn much gas. Yeah, dude comes in. The reason he wasn't behind the counter is he he saw me pull in and he went out and checked it out the truck to make sure I didn't flip her upside down. Yea, and it came yeah, exactly. So counting the nine dollars I spent for three gallons of gas and the twenty three dollars for about thirty bucks. Got it done?
Speaker 2: Good for you?
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: And you didn't have to ask anybody to help.
Speaker 3: I would have, but ain't nobody noticed I was alive. Yeah. The other person to help me was everybody in traffic who didn't slow me down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Zach would have showed up and go, I'm not helping you. Yeah, that's bad TV. Yes, what are you doing that? I can't see any gross, I can't sung Maybe I can't.
Speaker 3: See the bumps on that lady's aerol?
Speaker 11: You stop looking checking that out? Zach could care less about that? Did you ask the TV guy how is the aeroli looking? You saved three hundred and thirty bucks, dude, that's a good saying.
Speaker 4: Great price.
Speaker 3: And and I had to buy it online, pick it up in store, check and check. And I didn't have to have it delivered, which would have taken till Tuesday.
Speaker 4: And I leave on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: And I want my TV now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta watch. So does it have a nice picture as far as I'm concerned? Yeah? What's you can't sing? Right? For a while?
Speaker 1: Grim with that TV up there was a standard definition and this TV and here was HD. He literally, I'm not making fun of him. He couldn't tell the difference. I was born blind in my right eye. Now I can do about that, right, So I don't need Yeah whatever, what's he care?
Speaker 4: What I care?
Speaker 3: Yeah, as long as I can read the subtitles, I'm good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 3: So that was my TV.
Speaker 4: Hell of a situation. That's right, Thank you, Good for you, Thank you.
Speaker 3: I got a TV that. By the way, I thought for a moment I was gonna need a bigger TV stand. I thought, well, now I'm real screwed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta get that truck back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got it.
Speaker 2: I got it set up.
Speaker 3: The last one was sixty five inches. I'm ten inches bigger.
Speaker 4: You are getting bigger as you get older. It might be right, but it's big anyway.
Speaker 7: There go.
Speaker 3: Hey, we got plenty of football to talk about because Grimmer sent me up with some great seats. Had a great game on Friday night that was fun, and then we had the Vikings lose yesterday. I saw him then too, So let's talk about that. We come back star to more like.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 3: We are running late, so let's get started, right away.
Speaker 8: Time now for Front Page Sports presented by Holiday Station Stars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, love you Holiday, You're the absolute best.
Speaker 1: You can get all the red bull by two, you get one free, any eight point four ounce, all the flavors, sugar free, all the ones you want.
Speaker 8: Holiday. I love Holiday so much fun. Great spot. Let it go to the one in Royalton.
Speaker 3: It's like being a holiday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's correct. Where do you want me to start?
Speaker 2: Hogs?
Speaker 3: You know what you're in charge of this fan five sports thinging.
Speaker 1: Vikings shot themselves in the foot too many times in the red zone. They were one of six in the red zone. That was the story of the game. They lose twenty eight to twenty two to the Eagles. Wentz through two interceptions, one went for a touchdown. He was twenty six to forty two for zero touchdown, zero touchdowns.
Speaker 4: Although the Oney three.
Speaker 1: To Hawkinson was a touchdown because if that's Travis Kelce they counted as a touchdown because two weeks ago Travis Kelce trapped the ball and they counted it as a catch.
Speaker 4: I'm bitter about that. That's a touchdown.
Speaker 3: You're not the only one here's that's a touchdown.
Speaker 10: I mean, there's nothing to overturn it.
Speaker 4: I mean that's you know, I was out there. I felt it.
Speaker 10: I mean, hands under the ball, snag it, and I just I don't understand. I don't obviously understand.
Speaker 4: The catch rule.
Speaker 10: At this point, Jay had one like like the exact same thing last year in the coroner the end zone.
Speaker 4: So they got to figure it out.
Speaker 10: It's you know, New York can't call in and say that it's not a catch when every other ripe out there says it is correct.
Speaker 1: That's the point when he said after the game, those two guys told him was a catch, and then they said, wait, New York said it wasn't.
Speaker 4: It's a catch. The ball, the ball never helps him. The ground never helps him catch.
Speaker 3: That's the key right there. Because I've heard a lot of people discussing this, and and Grimmer, I know you were there. You probably have a good take on this as well. But the bottom line is this. The ball did bounce up, but the point is it never hit the ground. His hands were under it, yes, and then it bounces up, but it never hits the ground. I think it was Ron Johnson that was saying it doesn't matter, or like the Balkan bats round as long as it didn't hit the ground? Am I right about that? I mean, is that what you're saying?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 4: That's exactly right?
Speaker 1: And a quarter or two before DeVante Smith has both hands on the outside of that ball, it hits.
Speaker 8: The ground and they kind of toes up, and it toes up, they count that. I mean, there's no ridiculous. I can almost live with the Hockinson incomplete. Like when I watched the replay it. You know, I don't think you can definitively say I think they probably should have stayed of the call in the field, yes, but I can live with it if they say incomplete, if they call Smith's incomplete, and if they call Kelsey's incomplete.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they don't. They don't know. There's no way KOs should have lost that challenge on No. Zero zero. That was the biggest it brings right, there was nothing, there was no brainer over.
Speaker 8: The ACC this year debuted a new replay system where.
Speaker 4: They actually alloted Congress Atlantic cozy.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: And I've been elected to that.
Speaker 8: But on that to Shiva Hawk, you can watch the on esp when they do those those games, they actually bring in the audio of the replay live and you can hear the officials deliberating the call while watching what they're watching, and it is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. And I don't understand why the NFL can adopt a similar approach, because at least it would allow us to know what they were watching, what they were thinking, what they were discussing exactly. And instead we get one little pool report from Kevin Seaford after the game, which is total revealed. The official revealed nothing, nothing, And I don't know, it's just very frustrating.
Speaker 3: I mean, you add that, I'm sorry, remember but you add that with the ball on the field goal hitting the wire. I know it's our team, so we complain more around it because it's our team, but it does seem to go against us too often, doesn't it.
Speaker 8: Weird thought the bigger play was the bogus holding call, because that was that. I think you would argue that that ball like if hockey whatever, if they're consistent, okay, it's incomplete, whatever, But the holding call was a block.
Speaker 4: Brian O'Neill.
Speaker 1: For those of you that weren't at the game, and I'm sure you saw this, ye Grim and Hawk if you were still there.
Speaker 4: He berated those two referees. He said, the guy's falling, Yes, what's he supposed to get into? The guy next to him starts balls down and he just pushed him and he called it. That's such a bad call. It was terrible. That's the huge, huge. It's a touchdown. It's a touchdown.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So that was hitting. It was that to me, that was bigger because it came earlier. You kind of forget about it.
Speaker 4: But those two things go in the other direction.
Speaker 3: We win that game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And the issue with that game, Hawk is that's a winnable game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should have even though when excuse me, Hurts played out of his mind. He you know, perfect passer rating nineteen to twenty three through for three and twenty six yards and three touchdowns. That's still a winnable game. You could beat that team. They they wanted to give. That game wasgh so many times. The big plays is what killed him.
Speaker 8: Explosive plays on offense for them, and obviously a pick six. I mean the percentage when you score a defensive touchdown in the NFL, the percent win percent immediately spikes, and it's hard to overcome that. The other interception was you know, whatever it was like a punt. I don't even know if that came on third down, I had less issue. He probably should have heaved it out of bounds. Yeah, but you know whatever, But that one was but it happens. I mean, Mahomes had that one against Jacksonville was almost the same play. The guy deepd him and jumped into the passing lane and and that one Mahomes that was like a ninety nine yard return the Jacksonville I had.
Speaker 4: It's not a great pass. You got to know it. But you know, it happens.
Speaker 8: You got The frustrating thing is he did enough to potentially overcome those mistakes by getting to the red zone, but then not scoring touchdowns. But even then he threw two touchdowns. They got yanked, you know, I mean lucky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the only kick our kickers missed all years, the one that hit the one hit the.
Speaker 1: How about that when they kicked that one after that snap went over his head and I'm like, they're gonna kick a field goal and he just nails it.
Speaker 4: He nails man. That kid's good. Yeah, good, real quick.
Speaker 3: Through a couple of things. We'll get go for football and come back, but we.
Speaker 1: Have two Monday Night football games tonight hawk that you can now watch on your TV TV, starting with the Lions hosting the Bucks at six o'clock. Detroit is a five and a half point favorite. Then at nine, the Seahawks hosts the Texans. The Seahawks are minus three and a half.
Speaker 3: Could be a couple good games. That first game should be great. I'm excited about watching that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then the wild Battle of the Rangers tonight at six you're wild or two three and one. You can hear that game right here on the fan. And then we will have a Game seven in the ALCS tonight because the Blue Jays beat the Mariners last night six to two. Game seven is tonight at seven o eight. The winner will play the Dodgers on Friday in the World Series. We will be in Vegas hockey, and I will be able to bet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll be betting, and we'll be watching h.
Speaker 4: Diving in into box scores right now.
Speaker 3: I can't wait. I need to know I've already got it all figured out. Oh, Tony's gonna hit nineteen home runs.
Speaker 1: I got Friday was the best performance of all time ever ever, kind of strikeouts and three home runs.
Speaker 4: Me and sous were talking about you literally can't even do that in the video game. No, like that's like, that's how good it you? I mean even like at high school where you got like Joe Mohers who are better than everybody else.
Speaker 8: Right, I don't know if you can do that in a high school game where unbelievable deep three times.
Speaker 3: And they got a week off before they start the World Series. Yeah all right, Patrick marninshow will come right back out? We'll talk go for football and the big win, and we'll play the movie line from Mike Grimm all that fan.
Speaker 4: It's a pregame feast this week.
Speaker 8: Joined Muss at Buffalo Wild Wings Savage this Thursday night as he broadcasts the pregame show Live dropped by from five to seven as we.
Speaker 4: Lead you up to the boom between the.
Speaker 8: Vikings and the Chargers with great food, tons of football, and your chance to win awesome prizes.
Speaker 4: Full details at KFA dot com. Keyword calendar, Max and I.
Speaker 3: There are certain differences we have, but mostly we're just toike.
Speaker 4: It's it's actually it's crazy, and you.
Speaker 3: Know what, I'm honored, but I also feel bad for you. I know what your next thirty years look like I used to think that. Eventually I grow out of this. Sorry, it's a lifestyle. Sorry, you know, don't do what I did. Do The Georgie Csans do the exact opposite. It's like this grim Yes, sir, I want to say thank you. Yeah, you set Abadab and Eye up with not only a parking past, but also tickets in the Cambria suite for that Gopher game on Friday night. And it was a wonderful evening, just period.
Speaker 4: What great weather is right for October? I mean, you just don't know for sure.
Speaker 3: The crowd was great. It was just so much fun and a big win. Uh, not just a win, just a dominant performance by our golden Gopher squad.
Speaker 8: They did really control that game. Yeah, I did not foresee that coming. I'm glad it did. We were kind of waiting to see if they were due for something like that, and uh, it was. It was pure domination. Nine sacks, Both lines were great, They shut their run down and the dudes for the golfers just played with a with a passion and a violence that you need to play with if you're gonna win in that league. And so it was pretty encouraging. And now they're gonna have to crank it up even one more notch probably if they want to win again, uh this week because it's a it's in Iowa City. That's a tough place to play. Yeah, they just beat Penn State there. But but the time is that game by that's a two thirty kick. They just set that yesterday. So we'll take here at twelve thirty, twelve thirty, yeah in Vegas.
Speaker 3: Thirty Vegas time, and we'll be watching that. Where are we going to be watching that and having a party in guess where we're gonna be there is that.
Speaker 8: Goes Tom's watch bar first the level right on the strip by New York, New York, So actually it's in New York, New York.
Speaker 4: So it's a go for party. It's a powership go for party.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be, We're gonna be. We're gonna be watching it and listening to you. We're gonna turn down the volume that radio. We're gonna feed the geese to in case. How about you rush in the field.
Speaker 5: I love it?
Speaker 3: Yeah we did, uh Abby, And I saw all the other fans going out there, and we thought, when are we ever gonna get want to miss out we don't want to miss out. But as I said earlier in the show, and if you heard or not, when I heard roundly criticizing those of us who run, who ran on the field yesterday, we would have run on the field, whether we want or Yes. It was just a beautiful night and it was fun and we may never get to do it again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's always been my stance on it.
Speaker 8: Sauce and I have had conversations in the hallway about it, and actually I heard little Berrero he said yesterday that he softened his stance a little on that he's less offended by it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Good, good, because I do not want to offend them.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, I mean nobody wants to exactly, no, exactly, but I'm in the boat of exactly what you are.
Speaker 4: If they want to rush the field, let them. Yeah.
Speaker 8: They to me, the big issue is the safety like like that that's the worry. It was like, I don't want to get trucked by koy. Yeah, you only beat uh, you know, you only beat twenty fifth whoever eat North Carolina?
Speaker 4: And North Carolina wasn't right. They rushed the court, that's duke. What do they do? They want to Yeah, let them have fun. We didn't. We're twenty year olds.
Speaker 3: We didn't rip down the field goal post. No, we celebrated being alive on a Friday night. That said, the danger is if you get hurt. And I'm glad you didn't know they opened the steps. You know, I didn't have to jump down in there.
Speaker 4: Because we knew.
Speaker 8: I knew somebody in uh that Penn State, Yeah, storming, which I think everybody agrees that was warranted. Yeah, but there was somebody who broke their legs pretty badly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, us they had a couple of next man out that it's part of the game, dude, part of the day, and once.
Speaker 8: A couple of fans over to the hospital as well after that, because it's a it's a longer if you don't take the steps. Hockey was smart at our age fifty four. But if you do jump, it's a longer fall than you think.
Speaker 4: That's right, part of the game. Bro's part of the game, that's right, no doubt.
Speaker 3: So did you get did you work in the line?
Speaker 4: Okay? So can I come clean on a few things?
Speaker 3: Oh listen, I but sure, hope, yeah.
Speaker 8: All right, And so I had to play it a little koy No pun intendent on the Gopher defensive back.
Speaker 4: I said, you said, can you dead pan it. I'm like, yeah, I'll try to get this thing, and I'll try to get this thing.
Speaker 8: And I knew right then this was my Northwestern State on the on the movie quote line. Because the Gopher receiver who transferred from Nebraska and is playing for the golfers, he didn't play much at the start of the year. He got in last week against Purdue a little more. I knew he was probably going to get some reps against his former team.
Speaker 4: First name Mellicha. That's right, I know too.
Speaker 12: How about I got that thing done on the second place. Yeah, And I heard him say his name over the intercome because I could hear that. I can hear you, and I'm like, oh my god, the kid's name is Maliki.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: So I knew when you said that to night, I played it like it. I'll try to Northwestern.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here comes I guess maybe in my audio plays that'd be great.
Speaker 4: Do I have the wrong pot on?
Speaker 5: I do?
Speaker 3: Sorry, guys, this is my fault. Way to go, Ben, Thanks for mess Murray my fall distracted.
Speaker 8: Malachi Coleman Now into the game. He, by the way, is a Nebraska transfer and he wants you to Malachi so good Coleman lined up wide to the last receiver just one this year, six five, two hundred and playing early against his former team. He's from Lincoln. Yeah, we got a little chuckle out of DT on that one.
Speaker 4: Say one more thing. It is such a damn relief to have that line done after into the fourth quarter, and there are points in the broadcast. I don't really care how the game unfolds. I just got to figure out how to get your line.
Speaker 1: And and when you have a game like last week against pre where it's a game until the fourth quarter, it's tough to go.
Speaker 4: Four lines like that. That would be I knew. I knew it was when I was going to play it. You know I was gonna I think I'll try to.
Speaker 3: I don't know when voice guy said his name on that play over the louds figure, I'm like, oh my god, no idea. All right, grim, let me ask you this question. Well, and I've been good morning. So this you know what what we were hoping to be able to do with JJ, It appears PJ has been able to do with Drake because that kid looks like a quarterback Friday night.
Speaker 4: He's figuring it out right, he uh yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean the one thing it sounded like, and I dom Ben would have much better idea of this, that part of the rushing problems, the run game that they had had, and I don't know how the offense all works, but they're either multiple ways you can call a play and check too at the line of scrimmage. And the one thing maybe it sounded like that he has not done as well as they wanted was getting them into the right whether I don't even know how, whatever the numbers, we need to run this play and on the run, whatever the look is. So they really sat down with him and showed them a bunch of stuff. And my hunch is, and maybe we'll find out more from PJ this week. He has a news conference today. That our coach has showed tomorrow is that after that week of some serious looking as they he got him into the the play that was supposed to be if they do check to the run. And I don't know how complicated that gets. I remember, you know there's times where hey, we're going to call two plays and back when Kirk Shroka was the coach. It was a check with me play. They look at the you know, the sideline, and they run the play we called to run a different player or whatever, and they don't do that. They have trusted him, But I think he has multiple options when he approaches a line of scrimmage.
Speaker 13: So yeah, I would say from my experience, again, I don't know all the nuances of offensive play calling. You know, our defensive play calls were pretty simple, even though we had checks and adjustments and audibles built within balance. Exactly, if it's a pass play, they can can it into a run play. If it's a run play, they can flip it to the opposite side. So if the initial call was a run and you like the look of where it's going, you just keep it the same. But if he's checking to the opposite way and you flop the play to the other side and it's the wrong it's the wrong decision, then you run right in the teeth of whatever the defense is doing. So those could be some simple ways of them, just like, hey, let's just kind of educate you a little bit more on what the defense is doing, and you know where they're bluffing, where they're disguising what's real what's not real, and kind of help us to get into in the better play more often than not.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, and Chris back to the question about how good he is and how good he can be. I mean, this is three straight wins. Now, they've been at home, they've won three or four. The Ohio State game, you know, let's kick that out because it's just, you know, it's a one off kind of a deal. It's going to be a game you're not going to probably win state. It's Ohio State. So but the three wins in a row, eliminating that game, two come from behind wins in the fourth quarter where they outscored the opponent I think twenty eight to nothing in the fourth quarter combined in those two games, and then last week just pretty thorough. I mean, he got him into the right run plays. The rushing attack was good, they dominated, and then he made some clutch plays and then that touchdown passes through to Brockington.
Speaker 4: He just trying to believe. They're just beautifully. He's a red shirt freshman.
Speaker 8: So at a place like Minnesota, if you want to make that run, at some point, you get a guy working in now, you know, when he's a sophomore, junior, senior. You hope you can build up to have a you know, a multi year run there where you can be special.
Speaker 3: Makes us more attractive in the portal two done it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think so.
Speaker 8: You're gonna get some receivers that are gonna say yeah. And it also can change philosophically what.
Speaker 4: They want to do. You can you play Thursday?
Speaker 3: Hey, take keep breath over there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Grimmer, you're the best in the whole wide world.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I'm gonna come up with something very creative about a person named Drake for you next week.
Speaker 14: You could come up with something on Drake. I'm gonna try to get it. My grandma, everybody tek you about you see laters. Ben Laber's here, muscle will be here soon. Do we start our breakdown of your Minnesota vikings raft to this?
Speaker 3: Patrick Morris on The Family Man, Here we are Paratrait Morning Show, six thirty nine.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to Monday. I know you, Hey, I gotta talk about this.
Speaker 15: I'm sorry, Budd. I'm excited to go to Vegas. You know what's happening, dude, Parcher Vegas starting this weekend. If you have them, buy your tickets already, go do it? Hey if a dot com sash vegas your whaty uh?
Speaker 8: We all remember that one teacher made a difference, He believed in us, challenge us, or just made learning fun. Yes, well that was your answer to say thank you in a big way. With Iheartradios, Thank You Teacher, powered by donors, choose nomine notes standing public school teacher who's gonna bove and beyond for their students to win five thousand dollars to stock their classroom with whatever they need. Help us say thank you to the educators shaping our future. Nominate at your favorite teacher now and iHeartRadio dot com slash teachers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, teachers going back to work this morning. I'm sure that many of you aren't all that fired up about it, but thank you for what you do. My favorite teacher, missus Morocco, who taught French.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, is she going back to work today?
Speaker 3: Uh no, No, she's she's long retired.
Speaker 4: Oh whoa.
Speaker 3: Long Morocco Todd French.
Speaker 4: But you hung up with Tommy too much.
Speaker 3: It wasn't a real teacher, but she taught me a lot of things. Yeah yeah, I mean, Ben mean she taught me the rights and wrongs of life.
Speaker 4: That's hot.
Speaker 3: She toot me about chlamydia and crabs.
Speaker 4: My god, your mic she taught me. This is one of those times we just stopped talking. Is it's just going to keep you one further down. Though, I think the statute of limitations have passed.
Speaker 3: I am a statue limitations. It's just a statue of me naked, and these are my limitations.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you have to get real close to see it. Yeah yeah, look at that. Look at that poor guy.
Speaker 3: How about the love by the way, and the fact that.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: He's in France.
Speaker 4: At some bit, I got like ninety tweets and so many I woke up. I thought, did somebody die?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: I thought it might have been him until I read that he actually left on a skateboard or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think said wheeler a motorcycle.
Speaker 3: He can't do that.
Speaker 16: That's not no, that's not him and riding bitch. No he would, Yeah he was car Yeah he would old school Batman and Robins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, red bearren goggles with the scar.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Actually the cop song going there, I couldn't have been hell yeah that guy cigarette hear, yeah, the little cigarette?
Speaker 4: Did you guys. See the people with their jewels that way, that way you looked off from missus whatever her name was.
Speaker 5: What.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is Morocco. Okay, got from its all.
Speaker 3: Upset about how Carson played yesterday. It's okay, Ben, interesting interviews in the locker room that you did yesterday, very well done. I mean they were talking to Cashman and he you know, and having him say what to say, and talking to to Brian. He was not happy with the referees and was trying very hard not to get fined. Well done. That's not an easy locker room to go into. I'm sure.
Speaker 13: Well, thanks, it's uh, it's never easy when they lose. Here's the thing I don't like about the losing locker room. Yeah, everything's so quiet. Yeah, like it throws me off where I feel like I have to whisper to these guys, you know, like a whisper you know, in a in a winning locker room.
Speaker 4: It's Tracy Chapman.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, but this is about that.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 13: In the way locker room, as you know, Hawk, there is loud music playing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of words you don't want on the radio, Yeah, a lot of yeah, very much.
Speaker 13: It's as easier to conduct interviews because guys are in better moods and it's just the whole environment's different. When you walk into a library and you're like, and somebody died, you're kind of like.
Speaker 4: Okay, so yeah that played over there, Like what do you think of that play? Yeah? Rest in Peace? Yeah, it's I don't like it. I don't like it. It is what it is, though, it's not like you can change it. But yeah, so we all do it.
Speaker 3: There were a lot of things we needed to change yesterday. But man, there's just a different angles on this. But let's just start the most obvious one. Who do you think at this point plays quarterback for your Minnesota Vikings on Thursday in Los Angeles.
Speaker 13: I still think it's I still think it's Wence. I almost said McCarthy, but I know that's not what I'm thinking. You know, everything's everything is very complicated and layered with all of the terminology that is coming from T C O, P C, I E. The head coach, and anyone else that talks about the quarterback situation. Because you know, when it comes to McCarthy, it's one hundred percent healthy, hundred percent ready, ready, which is very subjective to the audience, and a full week of practice. So it's like you have to meet those three criteria for McCarthy to play. Then he drops the bomb sort of soft bomb last night of just well, we have to re evaluate where is that physically, which sort of opens the.
Speaker 4: Door to like, is he a little bit more banged up than we think?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 4: Is that holding him back from being the quarterback he should be?
Speaker 3: Interesting?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 13: And does that sort of open the door for him? Or at least when you go through those other three check marks, is he not one hundred percent healthy?
Speaker 4: Will he be one hundred percent ready?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, let me ask you on that. If you don't mind before we move on, please put a bookmark where you're at, because I have a question about that. We know the injury, or at least the one we know about, because he's probably got ninety five injuries. That's how NFL is. Yeah, but the non throwing shoulder injury. Could that be hampering that much even though it's his non throwing shoulder.
Speaker 13: I mean, depending on the severity of what is actually structurally going on? Right, sure, I mean, if you have a non throwing shoulder that you don't have to worry about, Like, you know, you're not a linebacker out there hitting her an offensive linemaar and defensive line where you have to use both shoulders.
Speaker 4: If it's like.
Speaker 13: It's super compromise to where it feels like it's slipping out, then yeah, it's gonna affect how you throw right.
Speaker 4: It's gonna affect how you torque. I mean when you look at when you.
Speaker 13: Look at quarterbacks throw the football in like in baseball players pitch. I mean, so much of that of that rotation is generated by that off elbow and that off shoulder of getting your body through you know, obviously along with your your lower body, which is which KOs is a huge proponent of.
Speaker 4: I guess where I'm gonna pick up on the book mark.
Speaker 13: I still think that given a short week, it's just not the most opportune time to play McCarthy. You know, how much of the storyline do you want him to play against this former college head coach? All that stuff like that's that's kind of cool and sexy for the three or four days leading up to the game, but once the game starts, I mean, it shouldn't be the motivating factor throughout the game. You got to put it out the guy that's going to give you the best chance to win. And I still think right now, as we know, with the physical limitations of both quarterbacks, I still think Carson Wentz gives us the best chance to win on Thursday night.
Speaker 1: Even after some of the throws we saw yesterday in the intentional grounding throw of that short arm throw that he had wondering like, are those things you know?
Speaker 13: I think I think those things obviously are are annoying and factor into any sort of coaching decision.
Speaker 4: But let me ask you guys this. I know that we're all still pretty upset about this game.
Speaker 13: Let's just say the holding call on Brandell never gets called, and let's say that Hawkinson comes down with that catch and it's reviewed and it's deemed a touchdown, which it was, which it was, which in both cases it was. So now we're all of a sudden three for five in the red zone. We have two more touchdowns.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's twenty one points.
Speaker 13: Where does that Where does that sit with everybody? As far as Carson's performance, Yeah, I think that's a great argument because we're.
Speaker 3: Talking about playing through the hurt and he's doing it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, then all of a sudden, you throw in like the gritty runs at the end of the game to pick up those third downs. And he's doing all of this despite a shoulder that's all banged up. You know, it's it comes off as a way better performance than when we're talking right now. I certainly we wouldn't be talking about a quarterback change on a short week.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't.
Speaker 8: What some people, and even Carson himself admitted yesterday too, would say, is that that Hawkinson throw was you know, that should have been more on target. You shouldn't have had to have made that play in the first place.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I just between that and what he was talking about yesterday.
Speaker 8: With the fact that there was just some basic, like fundamental stuff like just not throwing it out of the back of the end zone and getting a.
Speaker 3: Here is yeah, let me play the other because I hear exactly what you're saying exactly, I can.
Speaker 9: Throw a better ball at the end of the day. I can make it a little easier on him. It looks like he got his hand under it. And whether it's a catch or not, you know that obviously it wasn't. But unbelievable play to even give himself a chance like that. He's a stud, but I can, I can definitely make that throw easier for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 13: So I think that that's a quarterback just doing quarterback things, taking care of his teammates. You always take the the onus and the responsibility on yourself. That was a that was an under duress situation. Yes, in a vacuum, can you make a better throw for sure as you're roll into your right and you're under duress and you've got to get the ball out.
Speaker 3: Like underdress situations.
Speaker 13: I love those povs are great. Yeah, things got real, Things got real real. I just think that you know, he's he's being the leader that he wants to try to be for this team. I mean you, of course you're going to look back on plays and say like, yeah, I could have done that better. I think he did the best that he could in the moment. And here's another thing we talk about the lack of red zone success. We were, I believe on the nineteen yard line on the first drive. Okay, a bad snap puts US twenty two yards behind, Like was that an Yes, you can you can look back and say we should have done a better job on first and second. Now I get that, but what happens if we don't have a bad snap that drops us twenty two? It was a twenty two yard loss. Ye yeah, I mean it's like, is that Carson's fault? Is that the offensive fault? Is that just one player making a bad play?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 13: So how much of this would we look back at the we compare what happened versus what the stats say. At the end of the day, I think the stats are misleading when it comes to our red zone failures in.
Speaker 4: This last game yesterday. Then what actually happened in the game?
Speaker 3: Interesting? Yeah, I'm Blake had a hard day, yes, yeah, no doubt about it. And we all know how great the week for sure. So I mean, do you just chalk that up to him with the growing pains and you can stay with him?
Speaker 4: That's where you you have to, I mean you, the thing is you, you have to. We don't have anybody else.
Speaker 13: I mean, Jurgons can come in, But I think going into this game, Jurgens had what one start in this two seasons here and Brandell had what twenty two? Yeah, and I get that it's a different position and you're you're a little bit out of place. But if he gives if he's the best player that you have from an athletics standpoint, and gives you the most at that position, the most experienced, then you think you got to rock with Blake and you just hope that. You know, how many times do we do we talk about Bradbury not you know, playing well and this and that, and you know, guys, are you're going against top level all pro talent over there.
Speaker 8: Especially Jalen Carter and Jordan Davis. They're exactly elite of elite. They're elite when they're when they're hungry and motivated, there's not a and Carter was at about eighty percent too. Yeah that's true with the heel and Yeah, but their their whole mantra all week was we gotta get our swagger back. Yeah, we gotta we gotta find a way to turn this thing around. And we are hoping that was not going to be against the Vikings. But at the end of the day, I think that they found their swagger, you know, both offensively and defensively.
Speaker 3: And their quarterbacks certainly, did you know I mean that were I was I don't know, I shouldn't say we I was worried all week about what their running back was going to do to us, and he didn't do much. No, no, man, that quarterback was on a die yesterday.
Speaker 4: He was outstanding. The deep that deep throat of DeVante Smith.
Speaker 3: Ran, the way you're just figuring things out. Just watching him do it with his brain was something to see.
Speaker 1: As Pete said, in that that first touchdown to AJ Brown, that's seven on seven style. He gets, here's no pressure. Aj Brown breaks off his route, but Tellus turns around and he just points goal and he just goes and tell Us was two or three steps behind him.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and that's that is to me, the most frustrating part is and I know you guys probably talked about this on overtime and all this other stuff, but like the second chance pass plays drive you crazy as a fan. They drive you crazy as a player when you when you get your quarterback off the spot, you force him outside the pocket to run a round and then every receiver stops their primary route and just finds green grass.
Speaker 4: It's the hardest coverage. It's the hardest coverage to do.
Speaker 13: You can't it's impossible to cover these guys, especially the athletes they have over there for six seconds, seven seconds.
Speaker 4: It's impossible. I don't I don't care who you are. You could line up that.
Speaker 13: You could have Dion Sanders out there and the you know, Rod Woodson, find the best cornerbacks in the second area, Kyle him. You could have the all Pro Hall of Fame players in the back end of a defense, and you're as can consistently to cover guys for six or seven seconds.
Speaker 4: You can't do it. You can't do it. So I think, you know, it's it's maddening because you on.
Speaker 13: A four man rush or five man rush, you're like, that's great, we got to the quarterback. Now bring his ass down, you know, affect the throw in some sort of way because you're leaving your guys in the back and hanging out to dry. And you're right, you know, at the at the beginning of the game, on that first drive in the end of the game, those are both just second chance throws. Just get open, primary routes dead. Now we're going to double move these guys and get over the top.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: I mean, there was the one play where you saw it you're watching where Hurtz gets the ball.
Speaker 4: He backs up and he bends down to take the sack and he's like, oh, nobody what you're talking about?
Speaker 8: Or Pa said on the broadcast he was going down to be sacked. He was covering up the ball, and then he looked around. He was like, oh, there's nobody around me, stood back up and completed the past. Yeah, it was frustrating. That guy's good man hurts his outstare. Yeah, hurts is great.
Speaker 3: Had a thought yesterday?
Speaker 4: Am I right?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: If I'm not just gonna blow my entire point? Wasn't Isaiah Rodgers there last year in Philliates?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: How much do they say because they picked on him yesterday? Who's a guy who's extremely fast and who's been great for us this year? It looked like they went after him a lot yesterday. And again, you correct me if I'm wrong on that. How much is them saying? I love Isaiah, he's great, but here's what he has that he does wrong in his game. Let's exploit those things. Is that something that they did?
Speaker 4: Do you think? I don't know it's possible because you could do that.
Speaker 3: If a player spent a year with you, you know what his weaknesses are.
Speaker 13: Not to say he didn't makes a couple of good plays yesterday, you know, I think they're all we're all talking about the DeVante's seventy nine yard touchdown. I have to look at the all twenty two on that. I feel like my initial guess is they're in some sort of cover three. He played his third the way he's supposed to. If I close my eyes and think about that play, Harrison Smith, I think was the buzz defender underneath in the flat and he was doing his job. Then the free safety which became THEO. I believe that he bit on a dig route underneath where he's supposed to be the top end of that third shell. So if the safety doesn't bite on that underneath route or that more shallow route, you're supposed to have a guy with top right you're supposed to clamp. You're supposed to clamp that guy from Isaiah's outside position, which he was in, and you're supposed to have help to the inside. So do you pick on him because you know his strengths and weaknesses?
Speaker 4: For sure? For sure? Do they intentionally do it the whole game? I don't know.
Speaker 13: I mean they they cut, they could have just looked at concepts in that situation. I mean they're they're doing their tendency checks too. They could have just said, like, all right, if we're going to be in cover, if they're going to cover three in this down and distance, let's give him the a little bit of cheese on the on the intermediate route and see if the safety bites. If the safety bites, we got the guy over the top. And that's just how often, so regardless of who it.
Speaker 4: Is, got it.
Speaker 3: Okay, makes sense, makes sense. I was overthinking it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, I mean you're not overthinking. It's just that it.
Speaker 13: The thing is, I don't know, I mean, you could be one hundred percent correct that they were like, hey, we're we know this guy's linearly fast, like he's fast in a straight line. But we can get these guys, we can get him on a couple moves because maybe we don't trust his footwork.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's one hundred percent true. Yeah, that could be true.
Speaker 3: And to your point earlier about the you know, the first touchdown, the long touchdown pass, what'd you call a second chance play? Yeah, a safety is not going to cover him for that long. I mean that's just how it is, right, And no matter how good Ben tell Us is you're not going to get a safety to be able to make that kind of coverage for that long.
Speaker 13: Yeah, No, you're just you're just not. That's that's the again, that's the frustrating part.
Speaker 2: How do we fix that?
Speaker 4: Got to get the quarterback?
Speaker 13: It's rush lanes, you know, I mean, I think the it's almost like anytime the running back breaks out of the backfield and goes in a long run, it's like, well what happened? Like defensively, you're supposed to have a guy in every gap, so usually it's like a guy gets out of gap or a guy misses a tackle. In this situation, when you're rushing the passer, you know, all pass rush lanes should be accounted for in theory. Now, things happen, obviously, you get knocked off your track and stuff like this, But like, if you're doing enough to get the quarterback office spot, somebody has to be containing that guy and rallying to that guy to get him down.
Speaker 4: And we just didn't do that consistently, which leads me to another question.
Speaker 3: We can talk about it after the break two Observations Number one, Harrison Smith played a lot yesterday that I mean, I didn't count how many play he was on the field. It seemed like he was on the field most of the game, which is good. That that feels good, right, I'm glad to see that. Uh. Somebody who was not was Iven Pace. Yes, shocky, let's talk about that when we come back, shall we. That's mad Labor, but we are your Minnesota Viking's Warning Show.
Speaker 4: It's Patrick Marshall.