Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 2: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 6: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers Tamble Cats.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, and welcome to Morongo Casino Dodgers IDEK. I hope you're enjoying this Saturday, June the twentieth as your Los Angeles Dodgers forty nine and twenty seven on the season, Dodgers four to oh on this homestand after a dramatic walk off win last night in the series opener against Baltimore, Tonight they look to really dunk on the o's on Shaquille O'Neal Bobblehead Night with Yoshinobu Yamamoto.
Speaker 2: On the mound.
Speaker 3: First bitch from Uni Klofe the Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morongo Casino.
Speaker 2: Dodgers on deck coming up.
Speaker 3: You're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts as David Veasse sits down with the Dodger skipper. You're gonna hear from Dalton Rushing. We'll preview tonight's pitching matchup. DV of course checks in throughout the hour. We got your Dodgers magical moment, Kirsten Watson from sports Net LA. We'll stop buying in just a little bit. In a few minutes, we will head out to the calvin Ford broadcast booth and check in with Charlie Steiner and a Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 3: Last night, in early Dodgers' lead end up being some ninth innam magic from the boys in Blue. Rookie Sasaki got to start. The right hander, pitched into the sixth inning and for the most of the time was working with the lead. In the bottom of the first, Mookie Betts at two out double gave the Dodgers runners on second and third and a chance to score for Max Munsey second.
Speaker 8: And third monthly drills.
Speaker 9: Wind to Rye, that's gonna be a maze hit and that will score too. Mounsey delivers a two out, two run single.
Speaker 10: To run.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 11: The Max got back to back turd balls. You went down to gut this one and actually knocked.
Speaker 8: The cover off of it.
Speaker 3: Two out, two run single for Max Monthy. Dodgers nearly two to nothing lead, and the second they added on Alex Freeland a one out single to left. Two batters later, Andy Pajez with the doubles and Left Freeland came all the way around to score. The call was challenged, but the safe call was upheld to Dodgers a three to nothing lead. Rookie Sasaki was stacking zeros. He retired thirteen in a row before a two out walk of the fifth, and then in the sixth his leadoff single to Jackson Holiday followed by quick two outs. Sasaki was close to putt up another zero until Gunnar Henderson took him deep for a two out, two run home run. Baltimore on the board down three to two. The very next batter, the Polar Bear Pete Alonso, took Sasaki deep for a game time home run. Dodgers and Orioles tied at three, and that would be it for Sasaki. In the seventh, the Dodgers bullpen gave it up, Jack Dryer, will Kloon give it up. Two runs of the inning, Baltimore took a five to three lead. It remained that way until the ninth. Ryan Helsey, the Baltimore closer, on to try to close it off. With one out, Mookie Bets on his bobble head Knight said, wait a minute, game, ain't over head now.
Speaker 8: With two two.
Speaker 12: And Mookie swings hits a high drive to left, indeed heading back to the wall.
Speaker 13: This one is done.
Speaker 8: A hand on. Murky bets home run number eight and that cuts the lead the one run. It's five to four. Don't go away. They may not be through yet.
Speaker 2: Solo.
Speaker 3: I'll run for Mookie. That cut into the deficit, and Rick is right, don't go anywhere. Dodgers down five to four. Then the next batter, Max Muntzi walked. Two batters later, with two outs, Ryan Wardrow walk runners on first and second two outs. Dalton Rushing was zero for four and frustrated all night, even broke a bat over his knee in the dugout earlier in the game. All that though behind him.
Speaker 12: Paul leads at second Ward at first two outs from the one to two pitch to Russian.
Speaker 8: He swings and Opson in.
Speaker 1: The right field.
Speaker 13: That's a base hit.
Speaker 1: Carl comes around third.
Speaker 8: Here's the throat of the play.
Speaker 4: Carl sides, Who's safe. Then the balls, that's a rye. Here comes Ward. Dodgers win. Dodgers win. They come back and win for the twenty third time this year the Dodgers have come back to win.
Speaker 3: Dalton rushing with the RBI single to tie the game. The throwing air brings in Ryan Ward to win the game. Dodgers walk off the Baltimore Orioles six to five. That is the top Sier player of the game, brought to by Arco Quality Topsier Gas for Less. Dodgers with the win, if now won four in a row, all by one game. It's their twenty third come from behind win this season. Dodgers now forty nine and twenty seven most wins in baseball and nine and a half game lead in the NL West. Going into play and tonight, Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the Mount on Shaquille O'Neal bobblehead night, first pitch at seven ten and with more we head out to the Gallopin and fod broadcast booth. As we say hello to Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 9: All right, tim, as we get ready for Game seventy seven. The Dodgers have won four straight, all by one run. They just keep rolling along run differential of one hundred and forty five. And last night it was a question of Dodger defense and the lack of defense by the Oriels that really spelled the difference between these two teams.
Speaker 11: Yeah. Absolutely, And if you're gonna play a good ball club and the Diners qualify in that area, there's no question about it. You cannot afford to make mistakes, especially with the game on the line. Interesting comments by Dave Roberts. I thought last night after the ball game. We're kind of alluded to it as far as this club having expectations last night during the broadcast. But Roberts warn't, as you know, we're stacking wins. The most important thing is, of course, we win baseball games. But we really haven't played well. And he says, I mean that in a positive way. We're still winning a lot of baseball games. So Dave Roberts addressed the same thing. The expectations of the guys down on the field is even higher. Than what their record shows right now.
Speaker 9: Andy Poe has with a magnificent throw first play of the game that built on some momentum, and a missed cube by the Orioles at the end of the game cost them the game and the Dodgers got to win.
Speaker 11: Momentum is a is a wonderful word. You can't see it, you can't smell it, the boy, you can feel it when you have it on your side. And I thought that that just ignited not only the Dodgers in that very first play, but I thought in this entire ballpark, over fifty one thousand, almost fifty two thousand in the yard last night, and most of them did not leave because they understand this ball club. Yeah, they might come back at any particular time. Dodgers got some help, no question about it. They received two walks, but as a result of being very, very selective as hitters really helped him.
Speaker 9: In that last inning, a throwing error by Tyler O'Neil from right.
Speaker 8: He was called into.
Speaker 9: The game as a defensive replacement, and that throwed the play really got bollocked up and not allowed the Dodgers to come up with.
Speaker 11: The winning Yeah, And I was a little surprised also that the ball the catcher did not get in front of the ball, and yet the winning run is less than ninety feet away and would have stopped at third base had the ball even been knocked down onto the ground itself. So the Dodgers wind up winning their forty ninth. They have a chance to win their fiftieth of the season tonight, and they're on a roll. They've won four in a row and thirteen of the last fifteen.
Speaker 8: You know who else is on a roll? Mookie Betts.
Speaker 9: In his last six games, he's ten for twenty five, a couple of home runs in doubles. Last night three for five at a home run, and now in his career he has four hundred doubles, eighteen hundred and two hits. He's one home run from three hundred and three stolen bases from two hundred. Mookie's getting hot, and so are the Dodgers. Yamamoto goes for the Dodgers against Trevor Rodgers tonight. We'll detail that pitching matchup a little later on too.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 3: If we count you down to first pitch, Dodger fans on this Saturday night, how about get your game day meal on a shape He's Pizza Parlor or to your Shanky's Pizza Jakin and Moojo's right now at Shankys dot com.
Speaker 2: Coming up here on.
Speaker 3: Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from Dalton Rushing. We'll preview this pitching matchup. We got your magical moment David veassegoes one on one with the manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 2: But up next we'll visit with Kirsten Watson.
Speaker 3: That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Orioles on Shaquille O'Neil Bobble Ahead night out at the Ravine.
Speaker 2: First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Katson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 6: Nowhork, this is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunts.
Speaker 1: On your home for La Dodgers Faceball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Orioles on this Saturday night. Shaquille O'Neill, poppohead night, Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the Mount.
Speaker 2: First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 3: Hey, Kirson now joins us from the stadium, brought to you by Cars for Kids dont now cars for Kids dot Org.
Speaker 2: That's cars with Kay Kirston.
Speaker 3: He's back show Hey oh, Tony back in the lineup and another child.
Speaker 14: Yes they have now. He is a dad of two, of a little girl and now a little boy. So he and his wife Mamiko, they were they welcomed their second childs seems maybe a lot either yesterday or in the last day or so, so very special for he and his family. But Shohey announced online that everything went really well, the baby's healthy, mom is healthy, and so they're very happy for their new edition. So he's now back in the lineup today. As we mentioned yesterday, he did not go on the paternity list. They played short a player short yesterday because they did expect him to return at some point in this series. So good news is that he's back out there today, and Dave Roberts did say even with missing one day, he's still very much online and kind of back to his normal routine and is expected to have to start on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Tonight getting the start. Yoshinobu Yamamoto. Last time we saw him pitching, she got go nearly perfect, nearly a no hitter, And he has a little history.
Speaker 2: With the Baltimoreals going back to last year.
Speaker 14: In which he was nearly perfect and nearly threw nearly a no hitter as well, and unfortunately that outcome of that game was not ideal in regard to they were up and then ultimately ended up losing that game on a walk off. But Yoshinobu is in such a good spot right now. Even if you look at his last four games, I believe he's got like a zero ninety four an ERA under one in regard to those last four starts, and so he everything is just in sync for him right now. He's in rhythm.
Speaker 2: And even when Dave Roberts was talking about.
Speaker 14: Him this afternoon, when you do have a team in which there's history, like we just mentioned when he faced this Orals team last year in Baltimore and he was able to almost throw a no hitter in that one as well, getting through eight and two thirds in that one, there's a feeling going into this one where you know you're coming off of excellence and you've had historical excellence against this group, and it feels like he is closer than ever to achieving that goal. Now, Yoshinobu did say that, you know, it's something that he understands in Major League Baseball slash in any level of baseball, to have a perfect game is very challenging, but he wants to achieve it.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 14: There's kind of a feeling with this one of is it revenge? Is it just like it's so close that maybe it's going to happen to be determined, But it does feel like something special could be on the.
Speaker 3: Horizon tonight Shaquille O'Neil bobblehead night. And of course here in LA they know him for the three championships, the finals, MVP, the MVP already war.
Speaker 2: In two thousand.
Speaker 3: But what do you associate Shaq with most, Kirston, you're from Florida, he was in Orlando, MATCHA.
Speaker 1: You want a.
Speaker 3: Championship with the Miami Heat after the Lakers, what do you associate Shaq with?
Speaker 14: Okay, So there's something really funny, so random. So growing up in Orlando obviously, so Shack and his family is kids grew up there. Life in Orlando was a lot of time spent on the lake.
Speaker 2: So this is gonna be funny to you guys.
Speaker 14: So if you go out on the lake in Orlando, it's called the Chain of Lakes.
Speaker 2: They all connect.
Speaker 14: Shaq has a house on the Chain of Lakes and on the on his uh, on his dock, there's a massive Superman character with a cape and everything. And that is what I associate Shaq is this massive Superman mascot that he had on his dock, because whenever you would pass it when you were like in high school, he'd be like, that's Shaq's house and that like that is literally so I feel like it was supposed to give you. I mean, probably his time with the Magic would be most memorable for me personally.
Speaker 13: I grew up a Magic fan.
Speaker 14: But honestly, that is when I think of Shaq, I think of just always going past his dock and him having a massive Superman out there, and he would like hang out out there, so you would just see him like on the dock, hanging out.
Speaker 13: And then he's.
Speaker 14: Obviously he's very goofy and he's massive that and people thought I was Shack's daughter growing up because I'm so tall and like just being in Orlando and I went to the high school where he lived, and everyone's like, oh, like.
Speaker 8: Aren't you a Shack's daughter.
Speaker 14: He was like, no, actually not so how funny is that?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 6: So so random?
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's what I when I think of Shiquillo me on, that's what I think of, which.
Speaker 14: Is not sports related at all. But you know what a fun fact for you that I'm gonna send you a picture of his doc that has this Shack like I'm tied the Superman and I'm talking like a full life size like statue of Superman is on his dock.
Speaker 1: Like it's insane.
Speaker 6: So yes, I'm gonna send that to you.
Speaker 14: That is what I think A very different, totally different Yes, cool, So.
Speaker 3: We'll check it out you after the game still to come here on Wrongo Causino Dodgers on deck will dive deeper to that pitching matchup. David Vasa joins us throughout the hour. Of course, we'll get you an injury report I will hear from the manager. Dave Roberts says, he goes I and tight with David Vassa. Dodgers oriels first pitch of seven ten. I'm Tim Kayson's the back to back World Series champion, Dodgers audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is MA Wrongo Casino Dodgers on.
Speaker 6: Deck on your for the blue all season long.
Speaker 3: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and the Baltimore Orioles Marongo Casino Resort. It's by a grand Slam, four good times. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount. Trevor Rodgers will go for the Orioles first pitch. Coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 3: Report presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. Blake Trining, just a few minutes ago placed on the injured list with right elbow inflammation. Chase McDermott has been recalled from Triple A Oklahoma City. We'll see how long Chase McDermott is with the Dodgers, because we're hearing that Brock Stewart is progressing well after a couple of minor league rehab appearances in Ontario with tower buzzers. Sounds like he could could be activated on Monday when the Dodgers head to Minnesota to take on the Twins. Will Smith on the iel with the next information Tasker Hernandez on the IL with the left hamstring strain. He's going out to a minor league rehab assigmon Keiky Hernandez on the IL with the left oblique injury. Tyler glassnow on the il that lower back spasms, just not progressing. Blake Snell, though, is progressing after having that elbow surgery to remove the loose bodies from that elbow. He is now throwing off a mountain. More on that with David Vasse coming up in just a couple of minutes. Edwin Diez yesterday through a bullpen session fifteen pitches, so he is progressing as well to returning probably sometime after the All Star break. Evan Phillips looking like a July return as well off of Tommy John surgery. So some good news on the injury front. As far as the Dodgers is concerned. Last night they come from behind wind they're twenty third of the year, the Dodgers with two outs, a little magic thanks to Dalton rushing, and afterwards caught up with David Vesse.
Speaker 5: Here he comes after a gatorade bath. My guy, Dalton rushing with the big hit. I wanted that moment so bad for you. And I know this dugout wanted it so bad for you. How much did you feel that?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 15: Man, I felt it. You look over in the dugout after you chase a pretty bad pitch below his own. It's a good it's a good reliever.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 15: He's uh, he's got good stuff. He's got power stuff to get in a two strike hole and just kind of move the baseball forward. I think gives me a chance. And like I said, it was a rough start to the game, but being able to kind of flip the script a little bit and get a hit for the boys over here in the dugout so we could all take home with Dodger win.
Speaker 5: How much did that Mouki home run change the momentum of that ninth.
Speaker 15: Oh, it changed everything. It gave us a chance, made it a one run game, and essentially there at the end allowed us to scratch to across and just win the baseball game. I don't think if Mooki has that big swing there earlier in the ninth that we really have too much of a chance to pull through there at the end. It makes it a little tougher. So hats off to Muki for like I said, once again, just stepping up big for this team.
Speaker 5: Before I let you go, Like you mentioned, down two strikes, you regrouped, you call the time out. Were you thinking ninety eight fastball right there because he had thrown you a couple.
Speaker 15: No, I actually thought that was the last thing he was gonna throw me. I think it's pretty safe to say I won't be seeing any more fastball as the rest of that serious. So uh yeah, Like I said, it feels good to pull through for these guys. They go to war for me, I go to war for them. It's a it's a pretty special feeling to walk a game off and win a baseball game here in Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 5: We all know how much you care. It's great to see you get this moment. You made it happen. Thanks us, thank you.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: There's Dalton rushing after his walk off RBI single and the throwing air brought him to go ahead and run as the Dodgers win it last night. There forty ninth victory of this season. What we continue here on Morago Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll check in with Davids a TV goes one on one coming up in about about twenty five minutes with the manager Dave Roberts, who also gets your magical moment coming up to leads up to Dodgers and Orioles on this Saturday Night. I'm Tim Kayson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying yes, Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Orioles on this Saturday Night. Shaquille O'Neal Bobblehead Night, Yoshidobu Yamamoto on the Mount. Dodgers Baseball brought to by Alpateo, born in La and made for your game to El Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, salces and hot sauces right to your table every single time. El Poto Gourmet in a.
Speaker 1: Can joining Tim kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 13: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: Well, he missed only one game.
Speaker 3: He's back, David show, Hey Otani back in the lineup.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 5: When I first walked into the clubhouse when the media was allowed in at three o'clock, the first person I saw in his hood, he was sho, hey o Tani. He was headed down to the batting tunnel, and then he came back up and uh, you know, Otani and I we don't have any verbal interaction too often in the clubhouse, tim as you might imagine, but certainly we have those facial looks, maybe a nod, and certainly didn't seem like anything was different today with show hey. But I will tell you this. When he was out in left field throwing a fly ball off the bat of Alex Call during batting practice almost hit him in the head. That would not have been a great comeback present. Luckily he was able to duck out of the way at the last minute. But come on, the bodyguards out there that are supposed to be protecting him from those fly balls, those strays, they got to do a little better job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's not by himself. There's like nine people around him watching him throw. Somebody protect the guy. Holy smokes, damn. Brought to you by the.
Speaker 13: Gotta Bullet literally yeah wow.
Speaker 3: Here for those who build America, especially those who believe that given everything today, we'll pay off tomorrow. Those who drive America forward for two hundred and fifty years to come right now. Ford is offering employee pricing to everyone American value. For American values, go to her Southern California Ford either today or buy Ford now.
Speaker 2: What's the latest on Blake Snell?
Speaker 5: David Hey, Blake Snell took another big step to coming back tim He threw ten pitches off the mound for the first time since his left elbow procedure, the nanoscope procedure on May nineteenth. Ten of those pitches were fastballs, and he told me that they were clocked at ninety two miles an hour, the spin, the vertical break.
Speaker 13: He said, we're exceptional.
Speaker 5: The next step in Snell's recovery to come back to the Dodger rotation would be a bullpen session.
Speaker 13: This upcoming week. So we're getting closer to Snell.
Speaker 5: Going out on a rehab appearance if all goes well and there's no signs that it's not. He's told me repeatedly over the course of the last week, how great he feels, how great his arm feels, the range of motion he has ever since removing those loose bodies in his left elbows. So he's really encouraged about where he's at and where he's going to be when he returns, and the Dodgers have said all along a return in July. I would not I would not rule out him coming back before the All Star break.
Speaker 2: Ooh, that'd be a nice little bump for the Dodgers' rotation.
Speaker 13: About that, Kate, I love that.
Speaker 2: That's a great information right there.
Speaker 13: David, however, doubts nel Zilla.
Speaker 3: How about brock Stewart. What's the latest on the guy with the bat toe.
Speaker 13: Well, he went out to Ontario.
Speaker 5: You're very familiar with that single a city out there in Ontario. Tim back to back relief appearances for brock Stewart, and he said the left foot responded really well.
Speaker 13: And there is a great.
Speaker 5: Chance that brock Stewart could be activated in the city that he once pitched, Minnesota, because the Dodgers will leave tomorrow to go to Minnesota to begin a nine game road trip, and with Blake trying going on the il today, there's a very good chance you could see Stuart activated on the first leg of that road trip.
Speaker 2: That is very exciting, David. We appreciate.
Speaker 3: We'll check back in with you in just a little bit. Day's gonna go one on one with the manager. Dave Roberts as well. Coming up next though, we'll get your Dad Dodgers Magical moment as we lead you up to Dodgers and Orioles on this Saturday night. First pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim kase A is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's Dodgers and Orioles on this Saturday night. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mountain is Shaquille O'Neal Bobblehead nine for the first forty thousand attendance. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 4: Ig who wants the HoTT.
Speaker 6: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment Ditch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Jobs.
Speaker 2: Well, the Dodgers take it on the Orioles.
Speaker 3: We go back to twenty twenty three, July seventeenth, to be exact, at Camden Yards in Baltimore, c T three.
Speaker 12: With a blast, I mean if he hits it straight to the left center field gap, he's got three bases easily.
Speaker 8: That's how much room they're giving it. Oh two swung.
Speaker 12: Hot it is to the left center field gap and deep.
Speaker 13: That ball's not going to be caught. It is gone. A grand slam.
Speaker 12: For Chris Taylor gives the Dodgers the lead six to four, his sixth career grand slam as he hammers it into the Oriole bullpen. Chris Taylor, with two outs, turns.
Speaker 13: This game around.
Speaker 3: In the sixth inning, after fallodof four pitches, Chris Taylor delivers to the grand slam off Brian Baker a five run sixth inning for the Dodgers, who come back and.
Speaker 2: Beat the Orioles six to four.
Speaker 3: Back on July seventeenth, twenty twenty three, Ima and Sheen, by the way, win five innings to get the win in that game in Baltimore, snapping the O's eight game. This Hofey magical moment brought to by Hofey Hot Dogs, Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 2: Haffey hot doggs local and so great.
Speaker 3: Well we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check you out, Rick Monday once again, as we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and O's. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Orioles on this Saturday night, Shaquille O'Neal Bobblehead Nights. As we lead jump to Yoshinovu, ya'm moto and Tremor Rodgers. Time now for the Rizon startup as we are thirty four minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your so Cal Verizon store today.
Speaker 6: And now joined by David Bassey, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: All right, Rick, before we get to last night heroics from Dalton Rushing. Dusty Baker, your old teammate, joined us on Dodger Talk. He's got a brand new memoir out, and he revealed the nickname that you gave him when you played together.
Speaker 8: There you go. You got a copy in this book?
Speaker 13: Yeah? That one, that one, cross Roads.
Speaker 11: Yeah, cross Roads memoir in Baseball and Life. So yeah, I've got a copy and I have perused it a little bit. But Dusty, I know he said something to you about the nickname that he was.
Speaker 8: Given doctor Scold by you.
Speaker 11: Well, yeah, but here's the backstory to it, is it Dusty would come in and when he hit the ball hard, he come back in Lucky hit a line drive with somebody goes.
Speaker 8: I scalded that ball. I scalded a ball.
Speaker 11: So we kept hearing it over and over it because he kept scalding the ball. So I just decided, hey, wait a minute, you're doctor Skold. And he looked at me and went, why not You keep hitting the ball, and he keeps talking about the back you scalded it. So that's how doctor scoll came about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was laughing about that. He said, I never even knew I said it that often.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, well he hit the ball that hard that often.
Speaker 5: One other thing you mentioned about your teams, you may have some disagreements or fights amongst each other, but you were family and cared about each other and that led to winning.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Well, it's like it's like a family.
Speaker 11: If you have an older brother, a little brother or sister. Whether it's okay if you fight internally, but nobody else is going to fight my siblings or anyone in my family. That's kind of the same way when you get on the field, because you're all in this together. You spend time together, and there's emotions that happen, and obviously there's a there's respect, and there's and there's friendship on top of it, on top of the fact. That's why it's so important. You know, he talked about good ball clubs, but he started to look at those those clubs.
Speaker 8: They are also good people.
Speaker 11: And that's that's the important thing. You and I've talked about this before, Charlie and I've talked about it before. Let's say in an off season, you're a team and let's say the pick a pick a position. Let's say you need a second basement, right, and maybe they're three or four second basemen that kind of get your attention, and you look at the numbers. Hey, this guy's number, oh right up at the top. Hey, this guy's number. You know, it's Rida really close. And the bottom line is do they fit with your ball club? Do they fit with your organization? Do they fit with the personalities they're gonna be pulling the wagon each and every day, And the answer is not always the guy at the top of the list with all the best numbers, he may not fit with your ball club.
Speaker 5: Miguel Rojas is a great example of that exactly. Maybe not the best numbers, but a guy that fits and came up with one of the biggest home runs.
Speaker 11: How about this comment from Dave Roberts last night. He said, we're stacking wins. The important thing is obviously to win ball games. But we haven't played really well. The expectations down stairs, the guys in uniform, the support stamp, their expectations are even higher.
Speaker 8: And they've got the best record in baseball.
Speaker 13: How much better can they play?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 11: I don't know. They're getting some guys healthy, but just because you're healthy and come off the jury list doesn't mean you're gonna get.
Speaker 8: Up and hit the ball hard.
Speaker 11: Doctors called to catch a phrase out of that one, or throw the ball past somebody. There's still long ways to go. Yeah, they're in a nice situation. Do they get to the playoffs again? Most likely? Then what happens because the playoffs is a whole different animal.
Speaker 5: Another half of baseball to go for that, And last night, in the third inning, the game seemed to find those three rookies at the bottom of the order, and Dave Roberts pointed out those at bats were not ideal. During batting practice today, Dave Roberts had a teaching session with Ryan Ward and Alex Freeland in the dugout. That is something that you don't see too often, especially you know, a manager with veterans on the team having a teaching moment with those two guys.
Speaker 11: That's why Dave said, we can play better. It's the little things, the little nuances about awareness. And it's not just about collecting numbers that might impress somebody to get called up. Once you're here, what are you going to be doing? So this is about teamwork and one run means a big, big difference. So if you do is ask the overdals about that last night.
Speaker 5: No doubt, those type of things end up losing you a game or winning you a game by one run.
Speaker 13: Might be Hey, Rick, what was your nickname? What nickname the Dusty have for you?
Speaker 8: Goodbye? We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, we will never know. Thank you, DV, Thank you Mo.
Speaker 3: As we lead you up to first pitch on this Saturday. Dodgers Baseball presented by uniclow Field at Dodgers Stadium is a Uniclo dot Com slash. You still did com Rick will be back with Charlie. They'll get you the keys to the game. I'm gonna dive deeper into this pitching matchup coming up as well. But up next, we're pretty here for the manager. David Vassa goes hi and tie with Dave Roberts Dodgers and Orioles.
Speaker 2: First pitch is seven ten.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim kats is the back and back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, yes, it's Morongo Casino Dodgers on tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Leading up to Dodgers and Orioles on this Saturday night, Yoshiobu, I'm a Moto Trevor Rogers the pitching mat chuff first pitch coming up at seven to ten on Shaquille O'Neal Bobblehead Night Dodgers Baseball, brought to by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night, it's Shakey's dot Com.
Speaker 6: David, Now, what will likely be vess a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tucked.
Speaker 5: It's time for our managers meeting with Dave Roberts, presented by our friends at Downey Hunday. And that's where we were earlier today, Dave Roberts in the city of la in the heart of Downey at Downey Hunday for our conversation.
Speaker 10: No, Dave, this is great.
Speaker 7: You know, I've got to spend some time with Sam here, who owns Hyundai Downey Hyundai, and to come to the city of Downey and to see all this Dodger blue, it's fantastic. And a lot of times I get so in a bubble with my job and I go to the ballpark and I don't get that fan interaction. So this is special to me. And we won a crazy game last night. So I'm feeding off this energy today to bring it to the black art today.
Speaker 10: That's right, let's hear it for Dave Roberts.
Speaker 13: You want to meet Dave Roberts, you gotta.
Speaker 10: Give us a little bit more Lave here.
Speaker 5: He's been to five World Series as the manager of the.
Speaker 16: Dodgers, back to back championships like you.
Speaker 5: Said you're in the bubble your day to day you have to worry about that game that season. How often do you have an experience of being at a place site downy Hundai to see the fans come up from all over LA just.
Speaker 13: To meet you, just to take a picture with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I don't get this very often. And as fans are coming in right now and I get to say hello and take pictures and kind of hear stories and how you know, fans love to tell me how they became Dodger fans, or tell stories about Tommy or Vin or big moments that they rad Dodger games, and you know, the Dodgers.
Speaker 10: It's a culture.
Speaker 7: And that's one thing that when you come to Los Angeles, it's such a as people say, it's a melting pot, is diverse, but La bleeds blue. It is a Dodger city. And I don't get this opportunity very often. So I definitely enjoy the kind of the interaction with all the fans.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you realize this, but Dave Roberts in his eleventh season, is closing in on his one thousandth regular season win.
Speaker 10: It's going to happen in the next month.
Speaker 5: Not a lot of people have been able.
Speaker 10: To do that.
Speaker 5: He has the highest winning percentage of any manager in modern baseball history. And you think back to your first World Series in twenty seventeen, to where you were in Toronto in Game.
Speaker 10: Seven of the World Series.
Speaker 16: What was the different feeling for you if you can remember before Game one of the seventeen World Series compared to you know, maybe even before Game seven of the twenty five World Series.
Speaker 7: Well, I think, you know, I think with life, you learn a lot through failure. And I think that sometimes you know, you either when you don't have success or failure, it's an opportunity to grow and get better. And I think for me is you know, we've had five World Series appearances, we've won three, and losing never feels good. But I think for me, I've always tried to take something from you know, winning or losing, and so for me, I think in seventeen, I've just the game has slowed down more. I think everyone sees that, you know, my trust in the players has continued to grow because.
Speaker 10: I start to learn the players more.
Speaker 7: And you know, no bigger spot than last year, Miguel Rojas, you know, and for me, it was.
Speaker 10: Just more yeah, and you're always just.
Speaker 7: Like he's one of you guys, He's one of us, and you know, so to go out there and just trust him in a big moment and for him to come up with a big home run meant a lot to me, meant a lot to you guys and the Dodge organization. But I think for me, it's just learning from things that haven't gone well, my mistakes, learning from failure, and trying to get better.
Speaker 10: And that's like what we all do.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: We all have our trials, tribulations and good times, bad times, and we all try to get better and learn.
Speaker 10: And I'm no different.
Speaker 5: Hey, Dave Roberts and the team that he manages is an example for all of us to not give up, to have the mental toughness, to have the adversity. I was just telling our guys Sam who runs Downy Hunt.
Speaker 10: They give it up for Sam every year.
Speaker 16: Everybody has their difficulties, their adversity.
Speaker 10: Your team. In Game seven, Boba Shet hits.
Speaker 5: A three run home run off the Greatest Player on the Planet show, Hey Otani.
Speaker 10: It could have been very easy for any other team to say, you know what, it was a great run. They got it, but you guys never gave up.
Speaker 16: It was like, okay, three runs down, let's find a way to do this.
Speaker 10: Where does that come from?
Speaker 7: Well, I think in you referenced twenty seventeen where we got down in game seven and we just kind of mailed it in. And this team last year just refused to lose. They were going to continue to fight. And yeah, we gave we got behind early, but I did feel it in the dugout that we were going to find a way just keep fighting, keep fighting, keep pulling. And uh, you know Will Smith hitting a game tying homer, you know, Maximunsey hitting a homer to get us a little bit closer. Obviously, the play that MIGGI made, the play that Pahes made at the end.
Speaker 10: So everyone contributed. And so I think for me, it's.
Speaker 7: Just about you know, and Sam, you know here at Downy Hunday, it's just instilling belief, confidence in everyone and everyone being positive. You have a bad month, you want to keep grinding and keep going. And that's what we did. And so I couldn't be more proud of what we accomplished last year. And we got a lot of work to do, but hopefully, uh, you know, we can do it again and get that three feet that we all want.
Speaker 5: Thanks again to Downey Hunday and all the Dodger fans came out to show the love for a three time World Series winning manager, the one and only Dave Roberts.
Speaker 13: Tim, we'll send it back to you.
Speaker 3: All right, Thanks a lot, David Vesay appreciate that. As we lead you up to first pitch, it's the Dodgers and the Orioles coming out to Naxvill. Time deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Kates.
Speaker 2: Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 6: Well, this is Morongo Cassino Dodgers hunts on your home for La Dodgers Baseball hits.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers and Orioles on this Saturday and night.
Speaker 2: First pitch from Unico Field at Dodger Stadium's coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 6: And now before the Dodgers hit the Dineck, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: Rought to you byer Toyota Dealers. We make it easy. Tremor Rodgers on the mound for Baltimore three and seven five eighty six Era twenty eight year old left hander fourteenth overall pick back in twenty seventeen out of Texas Tech and his seventh season out of the Big League. Made his debut in twenty twenty with the Marlins, who was traded at the Oriols in twenty twenty four. Making his fourteenth start this year, fastball change up sinker last time out, six Indians, two runs, five hits, four strikeouts on the loss of the Padres. In three June starts, he's one and one with a three to twelve ERA. Go back to May oh to three in four starts with a ten to thirty one ER. This is his third career starts against the Dodgers, no wins, no losses. Three forty eight R Dodgers faced him last season at Camden Yards. He threw five and the third Indians two run ball two runs. He gave up six strikeouts in a no decision. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound seven and fourth to two fifty two ERA. The twenty seven year old right hander, now in his third season with the Dodgers, making his fourteen start.
Speaker 2: Last time out.
Speaker 3: He flirted with perfection through seven Indians, but then an ERA on Mooki. Betts ended that he had a no hitter going into the ninth inning, but that ended it as well with the home run. Last five starts for Yoshinobu Yamamoto four and one with a one oh one ERA, thirty two strikeouts in thirty five and two third innings for Yamamoto. Yamamoto retired forty five consecutive batters at one point over his last two starts until Mookie Betts's air. It was his third streak of consecutive batters retired of forty five or longer in baseball history, tying Mark Burley and one behind a record set in two thousand and fourteen. Second career start against the Baltimore Orioles last year, as Kirsen and I talked about earlier nearly no hit the Baltimore Orioles at Camden Yards, losing that no hit bid with two outs in the final frame a home run by Gunner Henderson, Yoshinobu Yama, Moto Trevor Rodgers. The pitching matchup Dodgers and Orioles were fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Away for first pitch. Keys to the game.
Speaker 3: Our next I'm Tim Kates as the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Yeah on.
Speaker 1: Your Home for the Blue All season Long Law.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Orioles on this Saturday. Yoshinoba Yamamoto Trevor Rodgers the pitching matchup. As we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo start Great Moments, Start with supporto Beer, whatever your taste preference. Sapporo has you cover with the riety of Crispin refreshing Loggers including light and non alcoholic beer. Sapporo Good Wi Sushi, Great with baseball. It's had to back out to the booth one final time before first pitch. Charlie Steiner Rick Monday guess.
Speaker 9: As we get ready for the seventy seventh game of the season. The Dodgers twenty two games over five hundred, the Orioles at thirty five and forty two. They find themselves in fourth place in the American League East. Yamamoto has been just spectacular from beginning to this point in the season.
Speaker 11: Well, he's been. He was unbelievable in Chicago against the White Sox on the thirteenth and retired the first twenty three batters to run his streak consecutive batters retired to forty five, one shy the major league record set in twenty fourteen by Guys Mira of Petite. But he did lose the perfect game with an air made by Mooky Bence. He did lose the no hitter with a leadoff home run coming in the final inning. But for Yamamoto, he has been sensational and he's won each of his last four starts at end that time, ERA below one.
Speaker 9: Thirteen starts on the season, ten quality starts, struck up eighty walk fifteen, has held opponents to a one eighty eight batting average, and the lefty Trevor Rodgers goes for the Birds.
Speaker 11: Rogers trying to kind of change things around a little bit too, Charlie. In the three starts in June, he's two and six, but the ERA is almost seven. He got up to a pretty good start to begin with. ERA was about three point one over his first five outings. But he's trying to get back on track. And for the Dodgers, he'll figure out how to handle his lefty. A couple of lineup changes and Tommy Edward will be a third base. Alex call would be in left field again. Behind the plate batting ninth is Belton.
Speaker 8: Rushing and guess who's the dh Let me guess.
Speaker 9: Show he Otani is back. They'll be leading off tonight as the Dodgers and the Orioles get ready for the second game of this.
Speaker 8: Three game series. Lineups in Perst Pitch.
Speaker 2: Coming right up, Tim all right, Dodgers going to action.
Speaker 3: Nine and a half games up on the Arizona Diamonbacks and the San Diego Padres. Padres have already won. They beat the Texas Rangers and ten innings down in ar Ley into you to keep an eye on what's happening over in the desert tonight is the Dodgers watched to see what the Arizona Diamonbacks are doing with the Minnesota Twins. That game will get underway at the same time as this one. Dodgers running away with the division, but I want to put some more separation between them, the Dimebacks and the Padres.
Speaker 2: They've won four in a row, seven of ten.
Speaker 3: We'll look to keep the winning going here on the homestand make it two straight overall against the Baltimore Orioles. Yoshinobu Yamamoto, almost through a perfect game, almost no hitter last time out and last time against the Orioles last year. What will you do tonight? We'll find out next. First pitch is next? Enjoyed everybody. I'm Tim Kaines. This is the home of the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network