Speaker 1: That's nice way to gondo guy.
Speaker 2: Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 3: It is the eleventh day of May twenty twenty six. Good morning, everybody. Welcome to Monday morning. On the part of Morning show. Here we are. What a weekend. Huh lots to get to Big wolves win last night, Big wild win the end of the day. Uh Ben leebra on his way in and he cast her one thousands. So why should we wait? Let's get her started. Here's our friend Chad Daniels, some comedy about aliens on a Monday morning.
Speaker 1: Come on in.
Speaker 3: I am glad you are here.
Speaker 4: That's all we know that aliens are smarter than us as humans. Aliens have never abducted a kid. You've never seen that on the news, right, never seen a little kid going I well, then my dad is truck. Right, it's always the dad with the mullet going ill, then my truck. I'd love to be in the UFO and the picture they were going to take.
Speaker 2: You know. Let's take the little one.
Speaker 4: No, he'll spill a juice box in our control panel.
Speaker 2: We'll never get home. Let's take the bigger one with the short hair hair and the long hair.
Speaker 4: Here, his brain is working so hard, can't even distribute hair correctly.
Speaker 2: He is obviously there later and then he gets something.
Speaker 3: He's like, you gotta thinking to believe.
Speaker 2: It, like we masked up. Send him back.
Speaker 4: Let's say something on a soul first, aliens do it?
Speaker 3: You uh, last two generals for her.
Speaker 2: Swim.
Speaker 3: I know that on your side, you hear the distance anger this and you stray.
Speaker 2: I agree because.
Speaker 5: To take it due, to take it to the.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Power Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 1: It is Monday, May eleventh.
Speaker 6: Of twenty twenty six, Weather's Day weekend. In the rear view mirror, the elbow of Victor wembin Yama right in nas reason read throat and face and chin.
Speaker 1: He going, that was fun. That's Paul, that's Chris. I'm Corey.
Speaker 2: There's Zach.
Speaker 1: This is the Power Trip Morning Show. Hi, Corey swinging elbows.
Speaker 7: I about that man, not even that he cocked back and hit him with He sure.
Speaker 2: Did cock Yeah he did, Yeah he did.
Speaker 1: Oh that was a dramatic step right off the bat at five point three.
Speaker 7: That's some good coffee. We've upgraded the coffee here and it's amazing. Somebody unplugged hawks headphones and like put them in a pile over in the corner.
Speaker 2: Hm.
Speaker 1: I don't know what he said. I don't know what goes on here in the weekends. But yeah, it's madness. Yeah, madness.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was a great game. I thought they were going to pick it away. Didn't look good. They looked like they were going to lose to a wembless team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they almost didn't, but they didn't.
Speaker 7: Thank God for aunt in his sixteen points in the fourth quarter. He was outstanding. It looked like it was going to fall apart though, have anything working over there?
Speaker 3: It is now? Yeah, Yeah, it's a it's a disaster, but well made it. We made it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're here.
Speaker 3: We got it now, A guy can hear it?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: We're good. We're good, We're good. It's all happened.
Speaker 2: Fantastic, Yeah, you know, it's all happened.
Speaker 1: Eight hours ago, Saws tweeted, everyone but ant should be off the team next season.
Speaker 7: Well, that was when they were falling apart. I stood by that then.
Speaker 1: I don't stand by that now, although some of them should be off the team next season. Nine hours ago, you tweeted, this will be an all time Minnesota playoff loss. The best player in the game gets tossed and the Wolves bleeping collapse.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean they the third quarter couldn't have been worse.
Speaker 7: It looked like they were going to lose to a team without the best player in the league.
Speaker 2: But guess what they found a way spoiler alert Unless you like Dvard it like Hawk didn't, was going to watch it back today.
Speaker 1: Nine hours ago you tweeted, what a joke this team is? Yeah, well that time, were you talking about the Wolves?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Probably at those holes.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Nine hours ago you tweeted, Julius is awful? Well he is, he was awful.
Speaker 2: Stand by that. Yeah, Oh yeah, I wish we still had Cat.
Speaker 1: Nine hours aa Be tweeted, losing this game too should cost players playing time?
Speaker 2: What a bleeping joke.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was hideous. The third quarter was so bad. You should have beat that team by thirty.
Speaker 1: Ten hours ago, you tweeted, reave it there, chi wenby, thank you, he responded, And then somebody said, Wendy's French, not Italian.
Speaker 2: That's not a bit they were joking. I bet I don't think so.
Speaker 7: I think everybody, because of Corey, likes to call my mistakes.
Speaker 3: Were you guys watching on TV or listening on the radio.
Speaker 2: TV, you too, sausage Television. I am.
Speaker 3: I feel bad for you guys because you guys didn't get to hear Alan Horton call the entire elbow situation. It is unbelievable. I bet went nuts. He's so good you guys don't hear it. Of course, all it got a little crazy. Yeah, I don't know what happened. I don't know who the big buss man is. Who the hell is the big buss man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, people's elbow.
Speaker 9: It got ridiculous, and that Importon's voice went up like three registers.
Speaker 2: Were you played again?
Speaker 1: Maybe Wemby just swung his elbow because he's so used to no one being that high up, like I can just swing my elbow. Nobody's faces and there near this height, and he's.
Speaker 3: Thrown out for the rest of the series.
Speaker 1: I love how every story is saying, well, the league is going to review this.
Speaker 2: I am going to be floored.
Speaker 1: If he misses two and a half plus quarters last night and.
Speaker 2: They suspend him for Game five.
Speaker 9: Right, you gotta suspect you got teach a guy lesson on the people's elbow.
Speaker 1: This is like the ninth time he did it. Maybe, but ninth time he did.
Speaker 7: What like, if this is the ninth time he elbowed somebody in the throat, they'd probably be like, you should probably sit down for a bit.
Speaker 3: Sure, there's a weapons he's throwing around.
Speaker 2: Yeah he is. Their little French baguettes were fine.
Speaker 3: He's Italian.
Speaker 7: Even Rosie responded to that one. I think he said, pretty funny.
Speaker 3: He was throwing people's elbows up.
Speaker 2: He gets he gets it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, it was for one person in court.
Speaker 2: He'll be here on Wednesday. Yeah, of course he gets it.
Speaker 3: It's our whole show's about him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just ask him or Abbod remember Abbot last week. You guys are being pretty hard on Mark. Yeah, it's like we we.
Speaker 2: What about noon to three?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're hideous to him everybody. Yeah they do hate everybody, Yeah for sure. Or she just wrote love it. I doubt he loves it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he loves it.
Speaker 3: People's elbow.
Speaker 1: You know, this is about the most optimistic timeline to get Aunt back was around game four of this series. We're lucky that he's played all four. Yeah, they're tied it too. It's not over yet, although we again we almost lost to specifically deer in Fox.
Speaker 2: He almost beat us almost single headedly. He almost and.
Speaker 3: Said it was almost harder to defend them without winby.
Speaker 10: I think it was kind of harder, just because, I mean, of course they're a really great team with him on the floor, but they play a lot slower when he's on the floor, because you know, everything is evolved around him. When he's not on the floor, everybody's played. It's just like you know, when every team is missing the best player, everybody plays free. They get more shots, more confident. So I think it was a lot hard honest.
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Interesting?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he always speaks the truth, which I love about him.
Speaker 3: Speak the truth or make your piece some other way. I yeah, I never knew. Thanks for quoting Godsmack this early in the morning. Yeah, appreciate you.
Speaker 2: That's god Smack.
Speaker 3: Yah.
Speaker 2: You don't know god'smac lyrics. What's their best song?
Speaker 3: I do like crying like a bitch?
Speaker 2: How does that go?
Speaker 3: I told you once you were crying like a bitch.
Speaker 2: You love Godsack?
Speaker 3: I freaking love it. They are so pissed off all the.
Speaker 2: Time, all the time, all the time.
Speaker 3: He's got a song now on their Greatest Hits collection that is simply called I E fing hate you.
Speaker 2: Geez, you are a liar? You you are.
Speaker 1: What if fat person is the same person that was a crying bitch? Right, And it's just the same person. It's not even like an ex girlfriend. It's just a guy that works at the video story that he just hates, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It goes to a video story.
Speaker 1: Now, that's how long he's been writing about the same guy since like the late nineties.
Speaker 3: You haven't obviously kept up with how hard it is to be a professional musician. He works at Blockbuster still.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the last one, God Smack didn't make any money.
Speaker 3: Well, sure they did, but they were just smacking a bitches.
Speaker 2: Oh jeez, I didn't know God Settlements come on.
Speaker 3: Solly's pissed.
Speaker 2: I didn't know God Smack was on tough times.
Speaker 3: So you gotta you gotta hear this whole thing. The name of the record they put out, they like they were breaking up, right. Two of the guys are like, Okay, I've had enough being pissed. I'm not pissed anymore, so you're gonna have to go on without us, and he's like, okay, cool. So they put out a like a Greatest compilation. It's not really a greatest it's compilation.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: It's just their heaviest songs. And they put new songs, two new songs in there, and the first one was called Sick of My Life and the second is called Ifing Hate You.
Speaker 2: My God, Uh seek Help God Smack.
Speaker 3: Track one, Sick of My Life Track two, I fing Hates You Track three, The Enemy track four, whatever, uh track five, Crying like.
Speaker 1: A bitch yep, Yeah, wow, yeah, God Smacks pissed and Sick of My Life is a great song, by the way, it really really is.
Speaker 3: I wish I could play it for you, but I'm sick of im sick.
Speaker 2: I heard that.
Speaker 1: You know, bands get older and they start softening up and they start getting lame, and you're like, oh man, I loved you guys when you rock, like, yeah.
Speaker 3: We're starting like cats and dogs now.
Speaker 1: I think when you when you name your band god Smack, I think you're gonna stay pretty violent most of your.
Speaker 3: Runs, talking your godsmack to him, right, Yes, that's what he's sick of.
Speaker 1: Stay away, Oh yes, keep away, go away, stay away.
Speaker 2: Same thing I am.
Speaker 3: And living hell makes me wonder if I'm alive that's the first line to one of his songs.
Speaker 2: Why are they so angry?
Speaker 3: Well, because have you seen him?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: Are they ugly? No?
Speaker 3: Well you mean why they're so angry? Why you so happy? Bitch?
Speaker 2: Cry like a bitch.
Speaker 7: You know, I'm happy. Papa's coming in today to promote Yeah, is that right? Yeah, he's bringing us coffee?
Speaker 3: Is that right? I like coffee? Thank you.
Speaker 1: The guys in Gods Mac aren't ugly. Let's just say though, it looks like they got elbowed by Wemby about fifteen times. Well, if this computer worked, i'd look them up.
Speaker 3: Well, let me tell you right now, they wouldn't take it. They wouldn't just stand there and let Wenby do that.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't take the people's elbow.
Speaker 3: That's right. I read Sully's book. It's really good, and Sully like.
Speaker 2: I wrote a book. Why can't you write a book?
Speaker 3: Well, but like, are you over there crying like a bitch?
Speaker 2: No, but.
Speaker 3: Don't you hate it?
Speaker 2: Like a yeah? But like keep away the show and you're over there, you know it's so disappointed.
Speaker 3: We need a gutter helmet for all your tears because you're crying like a bitch.
Speaker 2: But there's only one thing. You're crying like.
Speaker 3: It's like I can think of a female dog with teas.
Speaker 2: Hey, can I ask the question you're getting sa you are?
Speaker 1: How many can you name six people that want to read a Godsmack book?
Speaker 3: I can name me six times.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Maybe Zach so Well he just said he wrote one the.
Speaker 2: Bi money can write a book. It's much harder to sell a book.
Speaker 1: Barnes and Noble isn't putting Sully of Godsmack's book on like featured all.
Speaker 3: Do you think his name is?
Speaker 2: It's like a van situation, Sully Godsmack. Yeah, maybe god Smick.
Speaker 3: It has to be bad, Oh God, I wish the book the pitch trying, we just stop.
Speaker 1: The book has to be terrible. No, I know why he's so mad. He must have done radio with you for two decades.
Speaker 3: He couldn't take this two decades.
Speaker 2: No, it takes a rare breed to do this for two decades. But he'd be doing voodoo on you. Yeah, is that one of their songs? So sure it's so bad?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it says zero, But man.
Speaker 3: I'm not the one who is so far.
Speaker 5: Really, I'll tell you the sneak bite and my bain never did I want to be here again?
Speaker 3: You don't quite like a bitch what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You sing like.
Speaker 1: That's exactly how the song goes. I thought the track was playing. You thought I was gonna find ground man?
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, that song is terrible.
Speaker 3: I like it a lot.
Speaker 2: I don't just like man.
Speaker 1: A handful of days ago, it looked like both of our teams were just freaking out, and the Wild played like gang busters on Saturday.
Speaker 2: The Wolves got back in it last night. We're alive. We're alive again.
Speaker 1: We're guaranteed at least a game six in the second round of the NBA postseason. Yeah, the Wild played. That wasn't fluky. They were just better on Saturday. That was awesome.
Speaker 2: You were there. It was outstanding.
Speaker 3: That was Pa crying like a bitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it must be nice. Thanks for the invite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what was I Why was I sitting at home on the couch?
Speaker 2: Oh? Why was I sitting there at Low's?
Speaker 3: The story? Oh no, its nine o'clock at night on a Saturday, partying at Low's.
Speaker 2: Something happened. Had to buy a plunger.
Speaker 1: You would not You wouldn't go, Corey, Why I love the Wild and I was there.
Speaker 2: With hot Ass. I saw that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pa, so you call him though?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was. It was fun to watch a sporting event with Pa. He gets really into it.
Speaker 3: I watched a lot of them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I watch Yeah, I've watched almost every Viking game with him, but like to sit down and watch it with him.
Speaker 2: It was fun. I wonder if he feels the same way. I don't know, maybe it was fun. It was great. Hot Ass Randy and I went. It was sweet.
Speaker 3: Was there any voodoo involved?
Speaker 2: How that on going again.
Speaker 3: Is really in a bearded badly name. I'd like to see you play a concert. I make it sound worse than it is. Probably loves God smack everybody who's cool. Probably probably like the Hell's Angels and and and boss men.
Speaker 2: The wrestler, the big boss man.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm gonna throw the people's elbow on you God, but you would cry so hard like a big It was crazy.
Speaker 1: How like nineties WWF was just the village people. You just picked a profession and said, hey, all right, you're a police officer, go wrestle.
Speaker 2: Well what am I? You work at the junk yard? Get down there?
Speaker 3: Well it's some of the most serge in the army.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 3: It is some of the most creative writing, though. I mean, who would have thought that you would. Okay, here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna I'm gonna throw this elbow at that guy. Oh we'll call that the people's elbow.
Speaker 2: Not a great name.
Speaker 3: Well what works?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hey, why don't you bring something down to the ring and that'll be your bit?
Speaker 2: How about a snake? Sure? What about a large piece of lumber? What about a bag of money man slit into three different wrestlers. Wasn't that the million dollar man's bit?
Speaker 1: Where after you throw money out of money into your face? Yeah, yeah, that's a flex. You got so much money you beat a guy up and then shove one hundred dollars bills in his mouth.
Speaker 3: Well, you got to pay for their expenses because they're crying.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, they're crying like bitches.
Speaker 1: Yeah. God, my neighbor the other day sauce, like two days ago. Yeah, this was Saturday, the day before Mother's Day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, remember that day.
Speaker 1: I take the dogs out and my my neighbor is climbing a ladder and then he's up on his roof or like I'm you know this whatever, and he is digging leaves out of his gutter. That dude was crying like a bitch.
Speaker 7: Hey, you should get gut her helmet from GUTTERHELMETEMN dot com, like Lawyer Lambert has. Laura Lambert's not getting up on a ladder. Well, there's one reason he's getting up on a ladder. But I need to clean out his gutter. Yeah, yeah, gutterhelmet MN dot com. Don't waste a weekend cleaning your gutters out.
Speaker 3: Amen.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Ault's going to be close to the most number of times we've said the word bitch in one segment. Be the guy that like kept the bitch count on Twitter? Yeah, vaguely? Yeah, how many times you would say it? Hm hmm, Well then he would know if that's the record. That's the most in a long time though, yeah, most in a long time.
Speaker 3: Also the most Godsmack we've talked about way too much.
Speaker 2: God's I love that band.
Speaker 3: It's okay, though, I think I like that band more than they do. Probably, Yes, I'm serious. Probably, I'm not kidding you. I think I do. I love that band. I don't think there's a song from them. I don't love.
Speaker 1: It's It is a little bit like when we had Henry Phillips in there and we.
Speaker 2: Were like, we love that bit, helped me make it through the night.
Speaker 1: And he's like, you guys know that bit. We're like, oh, it's hilarious.
Speaker 2: He's like, still would anybody like that? Because it's awesome.
Speaker 3: That's you with gott Smack for companies like man huge Minnesota is a huge market for you guys, really because we go there, we really sell one ticket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at the end of the year when Spotify Rapped comes out, Chris Scott Smack's number one fan, not top one percent. It just says your number one, number one, Sully's number two. And he hates the band. Yeah, he hates it. He hates everything. He hates his own life. Yeah, he does more the Power Trip Morning Show and you're Godsmack leader on the Fan because you're roofing and Sonny looking tired and worn out.
Speaker 11: Tons of laughs and great prize including trips to Las Vegas Bookers Day and saved twenty percent with promo code kfe in, plus a special announcement. You will not want to miss the full details of Cafe dot Com keyword Calendar.
Speaker 3: I think I I I think I just did it. Zach you did you see what happened?
Speaker 2: Just now?
Speaker 3: I know you're doing stuff. Did you see on camera the visible transformation of meets us from non Godsmack fan to Godsmack fan.
Speaker 2: He entered that room a boy, and he left that room man. He did.
Speaker 3: He was crying a good bit.
Speaker 2: I hit. I did have my head down.
Speaker 1: But my prediction is is that when you were playing Godsmack for him, he played an imaginary ten foot base.
Speaker 3: No oh no, he he no, he respects him too much. Yeah, he couldn't keep up.
Speaker 1: The music's fine, like the music of it, and like the lead up, and then when that starts singing, it's terrible.
Speaker 3: How dare you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Hawks really into it. He thinks they stole that song from him.
Speaker 3: I think the room my diary.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: I want to be in a Godsmack tribute band.
Speaker 2: That's not going to sell well. That show is going to have blue dot fever.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, why not before anybody else does? Like Blue Oyster.
Speaker 3: Cult, great band. Don't fear the Reaper, baby, what.
Speaker 2: Does that mean the blue?
Speaker 1: Is there a Blue Oyster cult? I don't know reference that. I have never understood, because I've never bothered to look it up.
Speaker 3: From and Juliet are together in eternity.
Speaker 11: Their manager and producer, coined it in the late sixties, originating originating from his own poetry regarding a secret group of aliens guiding Earth's history.
Speaker 2: Jeez, a lot of drugs, so a lot of coke.
Speaker 1: So aliens that look like blue oysters? Or we're where are blue? That where the blue oysters?
Speaker 3: Hey man? Two thousand men and women every day redefine happiness, which ones forty thousand men and women.
Speaker 2: I can't count that high.
Speaker 3: Romeo and Juliet are together in eternity. Forty thousand men and women every day.
Speaker 2: Another forty thousand men coming every day.
Speaker 3: That's right. Yeah, take my hand, we'll be able to fly. I'm your man.
Speaker 2: Is that godsmack? No, it was Marshall apple White.
Speaker 3: Oh love of two is one here? But now they're gone.
Speaker 2: They all castrated themselves.
Speaker 3: Came the last night of sadness, and it was clear that she couldn't go on. The door was open, and the wind appeared, and the candles blew and then disappeared, and the curtains flew, and then he appeared, saying come on, baby, don't fear the reaper. He was dead, you know he was Romeo, but he wasn't really dead, but then he was. Oh tragedy.
Speaker 2: Wait, is that what that song's about?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Man, I didn't know that it's about. H Yeah, Llullian listened for the cow bell.
Speaker 3: Well that tells you how you're about as.
Speaker 1: Deep as a puddle sauce, Yes, sir, in Romeo and Juliet. Yeah, who dies first? Juliet cause no Romeo because he uh.
Speaker 7: He doesn't get on the sinking board. No, it's it's Juliet. She dies first. Wait, no, Romeo dies first. She kind of comes back to life and then has to do it again. Final answer, better lead it.
Speaker 2: You have a fifty to fifty shot. Yeah, I think I think Romeo dies first. One. Did you see the movie I saw the Claire Danes Leo one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't see the one in school where they showed nudity.
Speaker 7: Yes, I mean I'm sure, but man, me paying attention is probably soon.
Speaker 2: There was nudity.
Speaker 1: Everybody knew there was going to be nudity and we couldn't believe they were going to show it in school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mister Bricker hit the pause button for us.
Speaker 2: That's my grandpa. Then he was mister bricked up.
Speaker 3: He was cheeked up, he was double he was double cheeked up.
Speaker 2: Yeah was it mister your shop teacher?
Speaker 3: That's right, But.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's warned up.
Speaker 1: He ain't got time for, you know, teaching a frames and coping saws.
Speaker 3: He didn't care, you knew.
Speaker 1: He woke up one day and he goes, what what can I show that.
Speaker 2: Has nudity in school? That won't get me fired?
Speaker 3: I know, I'm not going to train this guy for radio.
Speaker 2: Romeo and Juliet and then he would smoke cigarettes. The Minnesota Wild dies first.
Speaker 3: Juliet died die. Second, she pretends. Then Romeo thinks she's really dead, and then and then he takes himself out and he dies by suicide, and then she does yeah, so it goes in that direction. She's pretending he's not and then she's not.
Speaker 2: He panicked and then curtains.
Speaker 3: Flew and then he appeared, Come on, baby, and she had no fear and she ran to him, and then they started to fly. They look backwards and sego bye, and she had become like they are. She'd taken his hand, she'd become like they're don't fear the Reaper.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that song was about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, he actually says Romeo and Juliet, Wow, I thought you were either together an eternity and every.
Speaker 1: Day game fours and I a wild in Saint Paul seven o'clock after a big five to one win over the Aves on Saturday.
Speaker 2: That was sweet. That was sweet.
Speaker 1: Career was unbelievable. Hughes was unbelievable. Walstead back in that as we are predicted earlier in the week, and that not that it was hard to predict. That is it just over for Gus? Everybody, everybody keeps saying that that he's not necessarily super thrilled with the last tenful of weeks of his career, and now it's it's so obvious that Valsa is just the future. Gus's just going to be like, can you buy me a bus ticket out of here and truly be the Gus buss.
Speaker 11: He just signed a new his new contract hasn't even gone into effect yet. We got to trade it like, no, he's none, he's an NTA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got an ant You don't think he'll wave that.
Speaker 2: And start somewhere else.
Speaker 11: I don't know, man, I mean, it depends on what he can can get, I guess for an offer somewhere else in terms of playing time, I don't know. It's I don't think it's over for him. I think he definitely was thrown into a really bad situation. Like I said last week, like the way he played in the third period was vintage Gus.
Speaker 2: He just was thrown into a bad situation.
Speaker 11: Had he had time even in get you know, with the three days off there and then started Game three, I think he would have been in a better spot. But obviously Valstad played very, very well, and I'm sure Gus isn't too happy about the fact that he's gonna gain be probably right in the bench again. But uh, he's got he's got a long future here, I think with Minnesota, and I think I think he'll come around to it and we'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get the other side.
Speaker 11: But again, he just signed a new contract, multi year extension, and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: We'll see. But the Gus is on the bus too close to a zacho.
Speaker 3: You can't see it. You're too close to it.
Speaker 2: And I understand you can't see the bus for the trees.
Speaker 3: You don't see me coming back saying they need to fire Koc after I get off the plane. I get it.
Speaker 1: Oh that'd be great, not if they fired him, just if you went that nuclear and just was like, let's blow this thing up.
Speaker 2: But the hockey.
Speaker 3: I don't care farm all ooh sick malile.
Speaker 2: You need help. Hey you're not writing Godsmack songs about the Viking. Then you get up now?
Speaker 3: No, no, not yet.
Speaker 2: I wonder if you went.
Speaker 1: Let's say the fifty three man roster was finalized today and Chris went up to all fifty three Vikings members current members and just said, do you know who god Smack is?
Speaker 2: Yes? Or no?
Speaker 1: How many of the fifty three would say sure? Zero zero one can't be zero? No people rock one. It's single digits for sure. I mean any because anybody even remotely and they're early twenties.
Speaker 2: I mean, har is that locker today? It's a low amount.
Speaker 3: Today's national Eat anything you want today.
Speaker 7: That's every day for me. I could say it before you guys do. Yeah, you can have anything right now. No food.
Speaker 2: Food.
Speaker 3: It's gonna say, I need to get permission food. I saw an onion headline yesterday that made me piss myself.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got you a b.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, man, I gotta see if I can find it to send it to you. Guys.
Speaker 2: The onion is brilliant.
Speaker 3: It's just the headlines the best. Let's see if I can find it's about mom, breakfast in bed, stuff makes me laugh in my pain?
Speaker 2: You need help? Why what's your answer? Two?
Speaker 1: Two?
Speaker 2: I didn't. Oh, you know what the question is.
Speaker 1: That was just the first number that popped in your head.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna send this to the probably half a French soak pie.
Speaker 2: Half, I mean a lot full of French soak pie?
Speaker 5: Is a lot?
Speaker 3: Do you already have one or something?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, I'm sending this to you guys so you can see the onion headlight. Look at her face as favorite.
Speaker 2: That's so true. That's so true.
Speaker 3: That's so true.
Speaker 2: Boy, that's so true.
Speaker 3: Put that up on paid sack zach post that.
Speaker 2: That's so true. Look at her face?
Speaker 3: That was perfect?
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks, kids, Yeah, thanks?
Speaker 2: Where'd your dad go?
Speaker 3: You said to the cover's hiding.
Speaker 2: Brilliance. That's so good.
Speaker 3: Anyway, there you go.
Speaker 2: Hey, do you want anything from Starbucks? Hawk?
Speaker 3: Sure, man, I'll take a why chuckle, mocha.
Speaker 8: Okayan core No thanks so it's from me. Popau in there, Papa extra shot, Papa relax.
Speaker 1: Please Front paid Sports from the Power Trip Morning Chair returns Ben Lieber in like twenty five minutes.
Speaker 2: This is the Power Trip Morning Chow on the Fan.
Speaker 12: You're one stop for advertising called eight four four eight four four iHeart from the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by Choice Good Morning, Feel Good, Monday Feeling Good, Mortimer Looking Good.
Speaker 6: Chubsy Oh here you a time now for front paid Sports presented by Holiday Station Stores.
Speaker 1: Holiday Station Stores by two get one free. When it comes to red Bull, those twelve ouncers mix and machine flavors. You want to red Bull by two get one free, including the summer edition at Mel loves it he does, man, Yeah, Mel loves Holiday. I don't know if Holiday loves Mel. That's none of my business.
Speaker 2: Citrus no different.
Speaker 3: Red Bull's got to make like a big citrus flavor or maybe like a Miller Lite.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah maybe.
Speaker 1: Well, if they have it with red Bull, Holiday definitely stocks it.
Speaker 2: Go check it out at Alliday Freak Up Brothers.
Speaker 1: The Timberwolves one one fourteen one oh nine over the Spurs. That series is now tied at two. Victor wembin Yama ejected in the second quarter for throwing an elbow at Nazri. That is the first ejection of Wemby's career. Was it really yep?
Speaker 2: Interesting?
Speaker 1: So they review it. It's upgraded to a flagrant too, and it's just classic. When they zoom in on Wemby sitting on the bench, he just goes to Harrison Barnes, what does that mean? And Barn's like, you're out of here. You can see like I'm ejected. Oh okay, Yeah, he didn't know, wasn't used to that, and got the old boot. With eight thirty nine left in the second the Wolves built a lead. I don't remember the exact number, it was in that seven.
Speaker 2: Eight nine range. Yeah, they were up by one hundred down and.
Speaker 1: Then over the next like quarter and a half, the Spurs not only take the lead back, but they extend to a same kind of seven eight nine range, and like, we just blew a chance with two and a half quarters of without Wemby, and we're gonna lose this game.
Speaker 2: But honestly, it was vintage.
Speaker 1: And in the fourth quarter, despite what deer and Fox was doing and just honestly putting on an absolute clinic couldn't miss, but A put up thirty six points, sixteen of those in the fourth quarter. He was thirteen of twenty two from the floor, three of five from three, and luckily the Spurs couldn't hit from three either. For the entire game, they were six of twenty sixez just twenty three percent. Game five tomorrow in San Antonio on DraftKings, the Spurs nine and a half point favorites.
Speaker 3: May ask a question, M why was it so hard for us to endbound the ball at the end?
Speaker 2: I don't know, no idea.
Speaker 1: And then obviously once we got it inbounds, Io got cornered about three times. Finch was gun shy on calling the time out until that last one where we almost we were about a second away from just having a backcourt violation that was really dicey.
Speaker 3: And then dude, like you had to hackey second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because we only had about a second to get it over mid court, so you had to throw it all the way into the court, like, sorry, the front court, not the back court. So they go for the home run ball and Io kind of half catches it, but it would have gone out of bounds, but he somehow luckily kicks it and then it stays and bounds.
Speaker 3: That was man, the people's elbow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the people's leg too.
Speaker 3: The ankle bone.
Speaker 2: It's connected to the people's elbows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that that was I don't know, I understand, Like, how are we ever going to end bound the ball? Didn't It looked like there had to be fouls or something going on. Right, Are you allowed to just mug a dude?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I got pretty aggressive, but as was it Jamal Crawford that kept saying the worst place to eat get the inbound is in the corner, and that's what they kept doing it, and then they would just trap him in the corner and they had to use that final timeout. But yeah, they got lucky because if that pass gets deflected or he doesn't hacky sacket and it goes out of bounds, it's a whole different story.
Speaker 2: They kicked that game away. Man.
Speaker 1: Hacky sacking was huge in the nineteen nineties. Yeah, for about ten minutes longer, it was longer than that.
Speaker 3: People, they loved it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people, I think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I couldn't do it because my testicles are too big.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 2: Really, it's a constant problem in Indiana.
Speaker 7: So in Indiana, when your buddies are like, hey somebody, uh, hey, I got a hacky sack for my birthday.
Speaker 2: Hey we should play it? You go can't? Well why not? I have too big a balls?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Anybody I played football with and knew that about me. I mean, ain't much going on in the tree limb department, but you know when it comes to testicals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a bad trade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am as god.
Speaker 2: Large mantle, small trophy.
Speaker 3: But those are big words.
Speaker 2: Do you look up like dictionary dot COM's ward of the day, was it mantle? No scene?
Speaker 1: Bear when describing genitalia always says a small trophy or small mantle, big trophy.
Speaker 3: You and your friends discuss male genitalia a lot.
Speaker 7: Well, that's what I do for a living. We discuss a lot of that on this show. It is true. We talk a lot of penis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why Noon to three doesn't think we're good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't like us. Did they keep asking me to play their game?
Speaker 2: You said, no, right, it did, I couldn't. Did you hear his rule of three?
Speaker 7: He asks you three times and after the third time, you don't, It's like Will Ferrell in Austin powers damn three times and then it's like, ye'ar out.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're out. Who's your teammate? Your teamed with Creso.
Speaker 1: For the program Password Invitational?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: When do you have the twenty eighth? Oh man for a while? When do you what's all Chris Daddy's schedule? I play this Friday with the common Man, Dan, can you play?
Speaker 2: Don't remember? Is it Max and Parker? Don't you play Kevin gorg and Andre Martin? Oh god, that'll be tough.
Speaker 7: Just have you in Common and Barb and Marnie play one game and we can end.
Speaker 2: We could lose in round two. Who do you play? I think and Gersey would be in round two. Here's the only reasons bite me.
Speaker 1: Oh, here's the only reason you lose go on is if Common Meat sauces it and gets down by like twenty and stops paying attentions.
Speaker 2: The only way you lose. I'll put my money on your team.
Speaker 1: Brandon on Friday said that Common and I are five and one together. Yes, we do play pretty well. They get two all star teams and then the rest.
Speaker 3: Of us plays that many times.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I've played like, oh yeah, close to thirty probably too, probably coere in that range.
Speaker 2: I love that game, fund it for a long time. It's fun.
Speaker 3: Sure, isn't that long?
Speaker 11: Sure is our fifth tournament that's invitationally.
Speaker 3: Do it once a year?
Speaker 2: Yep, the tournament. Yeah, once a year.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 11: Who's your partner, Zacchis Kevin Faalness. Oh yeah, we have Guardsy and Nordo a week from tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Yeah, good luck to you. Joe is really good, really.
Speaker 11: Good, is actually really good at that game.
Speaker 3: You're not available hawk, No, No, I mean Fridays are tough days for me. You know, casino Well, I actually also have like jobs.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, I wish you'd play. You're good at it. Can you win with Barb?
Speaker 3: Probably once or twice?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's okay. You don't think you can win? I mean, John's really good.
Speaker 7: I play my worst when I play with John, and I don't know why, because I never want to let him down.
Speaker 1: You've let a lot of people down this week. Yeah, it's only six seventeen on Monday morning. But yeah, I think we can we Yeah, we can win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, m I don't know. I believe when I said, I.
Speaker 7: Mean, you got it's gonna be you and Barb in common and it'll be just have you four playing. We can just not We don't have to waste any more. We we got to kill some segments though.
Speaker 1: The Minnesota twins one five to four over the Guardians. They had thirteen hits, three of them by Cody Clemens. He scored a couple of runs as well. They finally won a series after like six series without a series, win two to one over Cleveland, two out of three, I should say, now a nine game homestand Miami the drunken Scanie's in Houston.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Drunken Scott Scanie's just swept the Yankees. So that's a good team.
Speaker 1: Miami's terrible, but yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh. Thursday is the day the NFL is releasing the full regular season schedule.
Speaker 2: This Thursday.
Speaker 1: We know Niners Rams in Australia week one, Ravens Cowboys in Rio week three. The other seven international matchups will be announced Wednesday morning at eight am on Good Morning Football in the NFL network. And unless I'm wrong something, unless I miss something, the only one we have a chance at is the French game with the Saints.
Speaker 2: Correct. Correct, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: The only one that's even possible with our schedule.
Speaker 2: I think you are correct, sir.
Speaker 1: So that would be kind of cool. Well, we'll see, Yeah, it'd be sweet. And for the people that are going, well, we went to two countries last year. Again, every team very very very soon is going to have one international game every year. Yeah, so I don't think we can use that anymore and just say, well, the Vikes had a couple of international games last year, so they wouldn't send them again this year. I would argu the Vikings are so good at doing it now that the NFL would say that team knows what they're doing. They're extremely set up to travel well internationally.
Speaker 2: And every game every Sunday. Yes, let's wrap up.
Speaker 1: The NFL day by eleven am, and then we can, you know, go play some cards and call it a day.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, then you got football the rest of the day.
Speaker 1: God, I don't want it the rest of the day. I just want to watch the Vikings game all day. Football is elite. You're just gonna eat anything you want today.
Speaker 2: I mean I do every day you do.
Speaker 1: That was really weird how you specifically said a half of a French soak pie. Not a quarter, not a lot, well half of one is a lot. Yeah, but I think if it was eat anything you wanted to day the why not just have the whole thing?
Speaker 2: Can eat anything you want? Yeah, six of them. I don't think I could eat a full French silk. We all believe that you can. We all think you could do it. No, I don't think I could. We believe it's too rich joke. No, you could do it. I don't think so.
Speaker 1: What really matters when we come back, Ben leave it right after this as well.
Speaker 2: This is the Power Trip Morning show on the fan.
Speaker 3: Staying in Saint Paul.
Speaker 2: It's game four, Wait.
Speaker 11: And welcome some great shows the Treasure Island in the next year, including Gabriel Glacius on July thirty first and Snoop Doc on September fifth. At the complete details on all of our upcoming shows on the concert page at Cafe dot com. Kewred calendar exactly.
Speaker 3: Yes, Ben leebershould be here soon. And here we are on a lovely Monday morning. It's gonna be a great week weather wise, can be really cool.
Speaker 2: Yesterday was beautiful. Yeah, good good weather for Mother's Day. And Minnesota yesterday. Certain that was ideal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, certainly was you know, you know what the weather's perfect for right now.
Speaker 2: For what really matters. It really matters.
Speaker 1: Bob brought to you by Ovo, Lazy and Lands thanks to doctor Mark Lobanoff and doctor David and go Get Lasik at Oval, Lasik and Lenz highly recommended. The Golden State Warriors won the NBA Draft Lottery.
Speaker 2: No, they didn't. I said they would, but they didn't.
Speaker 1: On Twitter, Saw said the Warriors will win the first pick in the NBA Draft Lottery, and then I watched it and the Wizards won it. Yeah, the Wizards won it. They had a fourteen percent chance, which is the maximum amount you can have.
Speaker 2: Because he's you're terrible.
Speaker 1: In fact, the Wizards were the worst team in the NBA seventeen and sixty five.
Speaker 2: They win the NBA Draft Lottery.
Speaker 1: Utah goes second, Memphis third, Chicago fourth, and the Clippers fifth because the Pacers had a top four protected pick, so the Pacers pick pick five goes to Los Angeles.
Speaker 7: The look on the uh possible number one overall picks face when he saw that Washington won it was priceless. He's like come on, Washington, that's maybe the worst sports franchise in America.
Speaker 2: They're so bad. He looked very disappointed.
Speaker 1: They went from having no one though, to potentially Anthony Davis, Trey Young, and aj Debonson a matter of months. Yeah, Like, if all three of them are healthy, you got something something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But yeah, historically they have definitely taken the mantle of just worthless pro sports franchise in the last couple of decades. He had nothing hideous. So they will be drafting first overall for the first time since taking John Wall.
Speaker 2: Is that accurate? I think that was correct.
Speaker 1: Ten or eleven or twelve, somewhere in that range. It's been a while.
Speaker 2: But what really matters is this the Wizards. Jeez, the Wizards. What really matters is this.
Speaker 3: This is bothersome. Her name was Maria Antonia of Austria. She was the eldest daughter and only surviving child of Holy Roman Emperor Leopold and his first wife, as you guys will know, Margaret Teresa Spain. She lived did Maria anton of Austria from sixteen sixty nine to sixteen ninety two. Not a super long wife, not a very long life. All of her children died very early. She died at the age of twenty three. Here's why Marie Antonia had the highest coefficient of inbreeding in the entire house of Habsburg. Her father was her mother's maternal uncle and paternal first cousin once removed, and her maternal grandparents were uncle and niece.
Speaker 1: I've followed nothing you just said because it's hot. No, that's also episode one Game of Throne season one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, also a lot of people hawk went to high school. Okay.
Speaker 3: Her father was her mother's maternal uncle father father, Okay, her was her mom's her mother's uncle, yeah, her great uncle, right, bad start. Yeah, and her paternal first cousin No, no, okay, I'm sorry. Her father was her mother's maternal uncle and her paternal first cousin wants removed. Gee, And her maternal grandparents but my mama, we're uncle and niece.
Speaker 2: My god.
Speaker 3: So she only lived a twenty three and none of her kids lived for a reason.
Speaker 2: Again, don't dip the pen in the company.
Speaker 1: Don't do that, you know, Yeah, Hi, Ben, good morning, Dick, Hi, good.
Speaker 12: Morning reading your thoughts. Well, it's not great. I don't suggest doing it.
Speaker 1: Clip and Zach Ben Leeber said inbrating. It's not great where to go post that on social.
Speaker 11: Are you worried about the blowback you might get for that hot take a little?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How long has you been anti inbrading?
Speaker 12: You know it's been it's been a few months now, it's been a while. Yeah, I'm recently converted over.
Speaker 1: I love how you just don't care about getting canceled. You're just going to say what you think.
Speaker 2: I know. Good for you to speak my truth.
Speaker 1: I love that, man. I respect that. I don't have the balls to do that. I'm gonna stay silent. I'm in breeding, but say what you want.
Speaker 12: What the hell happened by the time I parked my car and walked up.
Speaker 2: We're doing what really matters.
Speaker 1: A Gallon from the sixteen hundreds died at the age of twenty three, and basically because she was riddled within breeding.
Speaker 3: Researchers have described her family tree as quote looking less like a tree and more like a circle.
Speaker 1: It was whoever they could find, whoever was close enough to grab the circle of life.
Speaker 3: Man, most people have thirty two great great grandparents. Most of us do. She had ten. WHOA Seriously, that is a true statement.
Speaker 2: Hey, well it takes a village, yeah, family members or a one bedroom condo.
Speaker 12: Yeah, done back in the day, though it happened a lot, for sure.
Speaker 3: They wanted to keep it in the family.
Speaker 1: It was and it was proximity, right, it was just whatever was uh, you know, within walking distance.
Speaker 3: You know what your options? I called it a game of thrones.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, they were so lazy. Yeah, just so.
Speaker 3: Horn, he's basically Willie Wonka's grandparents.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna roll over there and get her. You roll over and get him.
Speaker 2: You're in for that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: What did they do with her?
Speaker 2: And here?
Speaker 1: With his take on in breeding is the fans Paul Lambert, I'm not for it.
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Wow, thank you for being son's side.
Speaker 1: Okay, so, just in case somebody is listening, is the product of inbreeding?
Speaker 2: You're against them? Yeah? Wow. It wasn't their choice. No, but I'm on Ben's side. Thank you. It feels good to be over here not alone. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well mostly I got your uncles and your nieces.
Speaker 1: The faster in Montreal. Tonight series is.
Speaker 2: Tied at too.
Speaker 1: Tonight is the game five winner take all, so we're down to make or break.
Speaker 2: I think it's sixth Central. I think it's six bally Uh well, Ballely doesn't exist anymore. Fox Sport, Fox Sports Store doesn't exist, doesn't exist, mESC doesn't exist. All right.
Speaker 11: P YouTube is probably your best bet, but Fox nine plus as well, wake up with.
Speaker 2: I don't care. So wait, that's that's the championship game. This is the Sumi smise. Okay, okay, yep?
Speaker 1: This will you advance to the old walter Cup Final only I think only four teams make the playoffs, is that right?
Speaker 2: Yep? And Montreal was the top seed and they picked the frost. But again, it's.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, five hundred years ago, picking your sister. You just you pick whoever's closest, you know, wake up with or in the seventies in Indiana.
Speaker 12: Yeah, or currently in West Virginia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, Mountain Mama Hawks.
Speaker 2: You like mountain mamas, mamas with mountains.
Speaker 1: But what really matters is this happy's day.
Speaker 2: The whole town.
Speaker 3: Knows you sent me up. Christian late Ner Nope a British former professional boxer competed from two thousand and three to twenty eighteen, and his record was twelve wins two hundred and seventy nine losses gee, wow.
Speaker 1: How'd you like to be one of those twelve guys lost to this guy that's a rock box got me?
Speaker 2: Did they words fight him too? Yeah? Did he just fight celebrities?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeahs in the boxing ring? No, yeah, not in the bathroom twelve? And what say the number two hundred and something.
Speaker 3: Twelve wins two hundred seventy nine losses to seventy nine. Geez. He is known as the most losses in boxing history.
Speaker 12: The most defeated boxer in history.
Speaker 1: He is the glass Joe of Mike Tyson's Punch out Right.
Speaker 2: He's the first one that everybody just beats up on. Who the hell did he beat? That's what knows.
Speaker 1: The guys that immediately went into retirement career, it's like it's over for me.
Speaker 2: I lost a glass Joe.
Speaker 3: First fight was I guess a guy named Stephen Hawking.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't think that's a fair fight.
Speaker 2: He was, That's what he did different. Oh God, look at the shape he.
Speaker 11: Was in after the fight, and he was like, you should have seen the other guy.
Speaker 2: You're all getting emails me. Hey, I'm not the one. You're the one who said it.
Speaker 3: That was a different Stephen Hawking.
Speaker 2: All right, who's the second guy? Charles oh Man, not that one. He was like, I couldn't see the other guy. Yeah, Jujia.
Speaker 1: Wasn't hockey on Epstein's island. We don't need to defend that guy. Stephen Hackey another a different one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he was. Yeah, and he's dead too, whatever, who cares?
Speaker 1: I guess we're going to see your emails mine. Yeah, mine will be bad either way. I get ripped either way. I get some pretty mean emails.
Speaker 2: That's my new favorite thing is just reading the Twitter. We should see the emails I get. Oh, yeah, they have your email. Yeah, it's my first and last name.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine how many of the other Paul Lambert gets.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that other guy. We email every once in a while and go, man, this guy hates you.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's Corey. I have a lot of burner accounts. You probably do, do you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you so you last night? Everyone but An should be off the team next season.
Speaker 2: Yeah? I did. And this guy said.
Speaker 1: This guy says, dude, stop watching the game. No one bleeping cares.
Speaker 2: W t F.
Speaker 1: You think you know nothing about basketball and couldn't dribble down the court two times?
Speaker 2: Without essing your pants.
Speaker 3: He's got a point there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. He's wrong.
Speaker 1: No, this guy says you shouldn't be on KFN.
Speaker 3: Well we agree on that.
Speaker 12: Chap that I love the classic response of you couldn't do it, so therefore you can't critique or criticize anybody else, right, correct, Okay, I can't make a movie.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of movies that suck. Yeah, and I'm.
Speaker 12: Sure the guy, I'm sure the guy that that tweeted back at you and clapped backed. I'm sure he's a he's an all star basketball play is Yeah.
Speaker 11: It's like when people criticize him breeding and they've never tried.
Speaker 1: Exactly has tried?
Speaker 3: What what I mean?
Speaker 5: I have not?
Speaker 1: You might have accidentally Not true. There is a member of the Power Tree Morning Show that's been told to stay away from relatives.
Speaker 2: Stay away. That's actually true. That's true. More the Power Trip Morning Show after this on the fan.
Speaker 1: From the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by Postman Law.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 1: We have construction delay Bonus Bucks.
Speaker 11: Is back on KFA and we have nine chances for you to win one thousand dollars every weekday. That's every hour from nine am until five pm. To I to the keywords and learn more, head over to camfe dot com. Bonus Bucks is presented by big deck dot Com.
Speaker 13: Ship Penny's got it terms fires top No. The rebound is collected by heartburth. The hoarse sounds and this game is over. Woll set rally to the fourth quarter from eight town with seven forty eight to play, and they win it? What fourteen one O nine and then even the best of the seventh series at two games apiece.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen anybody nationally yet say that Wemby is going to be suspended for Game five, and I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think he should be. Shouldn't be.
Speaker 3: I'm going to be the first to say that he is.
Speaker 1: It was like the what was that dude, hawk knows, who's the guy from the Eagles that spit in game one?
Speaker 2: Like Jalen Carter?
Speaker 1: Remember, like that was the first play of the game, right, so first play of the season, right.
Speaker 2: So it was why would you suspend him.
Speaker 1: For the next game when he, in essence got suspended for that game. I feel the same thing about this, like if he had just if it's a twenty point blowout and he's just swinging elbows with twenty seconds left because who cares.
Speaker 2: Then it's like, buddy, you can't do that.
Speaker 1: I don't think this was like it was inten but it wasn't malicious.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Like I think there is a weird line between Yeah, he definitely swung his elbow on purpose. I don't know if he was trying to like actually hurt nas Reed if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: I know there's a gray area that's kind of tough.
Speaker 1: But he got he got bounced for two and a half quarters and they lost the game.
Speaker 2: I think that's punishment enough. I don't think I would you feel if it was two minutes left in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying, that would be that might be a little bit different, which is maybe the NBA says it's all the same. You throw an elbow that vicious, you gotta sit out the next one too.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be surprised if they from a from a Marquee standpoint, I'm going to be really really surprised if they take wemb out of a pivotal game five when he sat for two and a half quarter.
Speaker 12: No, I wonder if it's one of those things where they they they could now this is such a well you guys would know better than me.
Speaker 2: But because I don't watch that much NBA.
Speaker 12: But it seems like a pretty rare instance where we get a flagrant two like that and the guy gets ebjected. But in college football, if you get a you know, if you get a targeting call in the second half, you're off for this first half of the next game. So if it's let's say you get ejected in the fourth quarter or maybe just out the first half of the next or a quarter of the next game or something like that, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think he's a dirty player.
Speaker 1: I guess that's what I'm talking about where I don't think it's malicious. I don't think he was trying to hurt him. I just think he was getting frustrated that he kept getting bodied so much. But the Wolves are trying to frustrate him. He's a freak. He's unbelievably good. You have to frustrate him. So I think he was just getting frustrated and swung an elbow and just happened to hit nas Reid right in the face, right in the face that looked like it heard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that looked horrible to you wear a mouth guarden.
Speaker 3: The teammate's face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was great.
Speaker 1: Whoa he knew immediately he was in big trouble. All right, let's hear more of what really matters, scores, the stats around the world of sports.
Speaker 2: And crystal change your life for something else about up but up. Let's see what Tony he talks about yet? Hmm, all right, let's do this.
Speaker 1: Why not the Knicks one forty four to one four team over the Sixers. That is a series sweep for Karl Anthony Towns in the New York Knicks. Wow, something called Miles McBride twenty five points, seven of nine from three. And speaking of that, the Knicks I think at eighteen at halftime, but had twenty five for the game, twenty five of forty four, fifty seven percent from three, and the twenty five makes ties in NBA postseason record. That'll do it. The Eastern Conference Finals. Now for the Knicks, for the second straight year, they play the winner of Cleveland and Detroit. This domination was for real. It looks like it they can shoot. That was everybody I mean, McBride was lighting it up and everybody was hitting threes for the Knicks in the first half, everybody, even shallow man he was.
Speaker 2: They put him in no off court side. Yeah, he just stole the ball and drilled two of them and they counted him. This is a big deal. They put two balls in the hole. Calm down. What really matters is this.
Speaker 3: It was undis dating. What year do you, gentlemen, believe in Minnesota entered the Union as the thirty second state.
Speaker 14: I M you know this one zecho eighteen eighteen seventy four.
Speaker 12: Come on, I was gonna say eighteen seventy three, seventy eight, eighteen fifty.
Speaker 3: Eight, eighteen fifty eight.
Speaker 2: Look at Zachary. How do you know that Zacho was on the quarter whether we had and yeah, that's how we all know that. Yeah you studied that.
Speaker 11: Huh yeah, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: That's how you know.
Speaker 11: And I think it was was it on a flag or something like that?
Speaker 2: I remember, yeah it was, wasn't it? Yes? Your hands up?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Can nobody likes the flag? Is that what you're going to score?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, next football? Swing score. But it's about football.
Speaker 1: Go on the first Sunday Night football game of the year will be September thirteenth, shocking the.
Speaker 7: Giants at the Cowboys. That will be the Sunday night game, the first Sunday night game of the year.
Speaker 2: Wait, we're getting already getting leaks. Yes? Nice. Nice.
Speaker 1: So there was a I don't even know who it was. It was on this station over the weekend. I think it was yesterday when I was driving around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, was the top Squaddal and Sneech.
Speaker 1: They did a segment where they were guessing part of the schedule, guessing like make a prediction. They'd be like, I think it's going to be Chargers Bears Week six, No, I swear to gain, I swear, and a couple of times for one a couple of times they had to point out that the people that were guessing were guessing combinations that weren't even on the schedule, because we all know who was going to play who, just don't know when. And there were a couple of guesses that were not even possible. And I'm like, what is happening? What are we doing? What is the goal here? I'm like, this can't be real, but it was. But anyway, but the expert they had on who I wasn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't catch speaking of this segment, so I don't know who it was. Said something a little interesting that I didn't know about. They said the or He said, the coaches get the schedule maybe twenty four to forty eight hours before everybody else, and that's why sometimes some of it starts to leak out. But he said something like most of the coaches maybe already know their Week one matchup, that that somehow gets leaked to the teams even this.
Speaker 2: Far in advance. And I'm like, I don't understand why that would matter. Why why would it in May?
Speaker 1: Why would you give Let's say that the NFL is like we need to give the.
Speaker 2: Teams a heads up on who their first opponent is.
Speaker 1: Five days helps, Right, you leak it on a Sunday, but the full schedule comes out on a Thursday. Why would those extra five days matter for Week one in September. So if that's the case, I don't understand that. But he he was trying to say that most coaches probably already know.
Speaker 2: Their first week matchup.
Speaker 12: Well, probably why SAS got the leak about the first Sunday night game.
Speaker 2: I hope they're prepping for Week one in May.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even though we don't know the finalized rosters or injuries or quarterback teams to be, but sure give them the heads up on week one before the schedule comes out. Well, hey, you know what it means talk, we're that much closer to preseason.
Speaker 3: That's right, let's go.
Speaker 2: It's like three months from now. Can't wait.
Speaker 12: And you guys did say earlier that they're going to do it on Thursday morning.
Speaker 1: So on Wednesday morning is the International Games? Okay, they're announcing the other seven international games Wednesday, officially if they don't leak out before that, but officially they will do that on Good Morning Football on Wednesday, and then the full schedule will release is Thursday.
Speaker 12: Okay, So essentially by Wednesday night, if you're paying attention on social media, you'll have pretty much the whole schedule release because enough leaks will come out that you'll get yaybe, you'll get probably eighty to ninety.
Speaker 2: Yes, somebody will have it.
Speaker 1: But if you're looking to do a big trip at international trip or crossing your fingers that like the Saints do host the Vikings in France, because again, unless somebody tweet us if we're wrong.
Speaker 2: But I believe that's the only option we have for international games.
Speaker 1: I think so too so, but that that we will learn Wednesday morning officially.
Speaker 12: Or we could just if you guys wanted to, we could just make up an opponent that we don't have on the schedule right now and just throw out there that we could play them and like, I don't know, uh, Nepal or something, Afghanistan would be great.
Speaker 2: Any one of the stands would be fun. Yeah, we could do that.
Speaker 12: I mean sounds like they filled some airtime the other day with that sort of talk.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they they At one point, I'm not making this up, they put the producer in a really weird spot. Her name's Mary Mac, not our friend. Comedian made Mary Mack a different Mary Mac and they said, they go, Mary, you got a guess and she goes like, uh, like Eagles Falcons, like week six, And then they immediately go, well, they don't play each other this year.
Speaker 2: Well then why did you ask her? I'm like what and I turned it off. What are we doing?
Speaker 5: What is the goal?
Speaker 2: Don't know what the goal is. I don't think there is one. I couldn't believe it. We do.
Speaker 1: We do some terrible segments. Yeah, you have me a terrible most of the show. I can't imagine going let's guess, random matchups, random teams. That's what they were doing for about ten straight minutes, and now I've talked about it for about three straight minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you left this like inception. You let them win. But what really matters is this.
Speaker 3: It was on this date, in what year, that a massive storm sent millions of tons of top soil flying from across the Parks Great Plains region the United States as far east as New York, Boston, Atlanta. They're by beginning the dust bowled dust bowl, the dust storms.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's that's weird.
Speaker 1: That's like, you know, Great Depression era, right, So shouldn't we say late twenties, early thirties, except anybody else have a nineteen nineteen.
Speaker 12: I don't know why I was thinking it was like the late eighteen hundreds, but you want to say it's the nineteen thirties.
Speaker 1: I thought it was like Great Depression era. I thought it was like maybe late twenties, early thirties. I'll go like twenty eight.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go eight eighteen ninety five, thirty one.
Speaker 3: Did you say so?
Speaker 2: I said, nineteen nineteen. I'm sorry because I like the ripe around.
Speaker 3: On May eleventh of nineteen thirty four, thirty could you guys, storm? He sends millions of tons of top so of flying from across the parched Great Plains as far east as New York and Bosser Atlanta. At the time the Gray Plains were settled in the mid eighteen hundreds, of lab was covered with prairie grass and held moisture in the earth and kept most of the soil from blowing away even during dry spells. But we ruined that grapes of wrath yep.
Speaker 2: Oh, is that what that's about? May eleventh, nineteen thirty four, Right, dust ball? Right? May eleventh, nineteen thirty eight, The birth of lu Cove.
Speaker 1: He turned to eighty eight eighty eight today, Hell yeah, buddy, older than balls.
Speaker 2: He was four years old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, four years after the old dust ball.
Speaker 2: I should say, good for him.
Speaker 1: The dust bowl, I guess was four years old all the way around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, eighty eight today, good for him. What are you guys gonna do? Happy birthday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, happy birthday.
Speaker 2: We'll probably do math or something you and.
Speaker 1: Your dad you would never never. He's got a bucket list. He's never done meth. He wants to do it, So today's today.
Speaker 3: He's done math.
Speaker 1: No, he hasn't. He's done everything else under the sun, but non meth. He's it's like, uh, pressing all the buttons on Wonka's great glass elevator. He's pressed him all except for this one. So you and your dad are going to just rip meth to He's doing it for sure. I might just watch.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 1: He might need a spotter. You're making one hundred, so I don't know we're gonna do that this morning. I don't know how long a meth high lasts. I think days. Really, yeah, I think that's why people do it. Man, he wanted to watch the wild Game tonight too. Well, yeah, he'll be side awake. Oh it keeps you up, Yeah, fantastic. He's eighty eight years old.
Speaker 2: He falls asleep. Maybe meth would be great for him.
Speaker 12: Just do some meth and then chase it with coke about an hour before the game.
Speaker 3: That's a good idea.
Speaker 2: Wake him up, guys.
Speaker 12: The other day I was driving into work and I saw you guys know what a fence. Fold is right, you know, like all the people on fentanyl, like they fold in half?
Speaker 2: Did not know that? Yeah? Fold? Yeah.
Speaker 12: So I saw this guy at the corner and next to this bus stop. I'm sure, I'm sure Maxo sees this all the time.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 12: This dude was completely bent over and his a was hanging out, not just like the top of his crack, the whole h yet, his whole crack was hanging out.
Speaker 2: And I thought he was asleep. I thought he just like passed out. He was walking.
Speaker 12: He was shuffling around like a Quasimoto, like he's got his His head was sort of cocked to the side. He's I know, easy now, and he was trying. He was trying to see where he was walking, but his his fingers were so low.
Speaker 2: He was like scraping in the ground like.
Speaker 1: The wheelers from Return to Oz.
Speaker 3: Sure what a reference due those things?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's terrifying.
Speaker 12: It is the wildest thing that fentanyl makes you like taco in half man talking a rosie.
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 14: I thought he was gone. I tried to but he was still in Italy or something. No, he said, a rivedertida Italy. He's back in the States. Now, what in existence? Fenfold, I've never heard that. That's good.
Speaker 1: Fentfold five a band in the nineties, and yeah, they have that song called Brick They're only good song.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. I mean it was. They got Blue Dot Fever too.
Speaker 1: I think it's just ben Fold or Fentfold Now. I don't think he's with the rest of the five. That's too bad anyway, great story.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Yeah, so there's people last.
Speaker 12: Cheeks whole hold the whole coin slot was hanging out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but slap, Yeah, the whole thing.
Speaker 8: Is.
Speaker 1: What really matters is this today?
Speaker 3: And uh jig Vic the northernmost city in the United States. This was yesterday, by the way, So yesterday in that city, the sun rose above the horizon at two fifty seven am.
Speaker 1: Hey on, can I can we stop right there? Yeah, Sauce, yes, name say that city again.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure I'm saying right, gaik Vic.
Speaker 1: The northernmost city in the US, right, Sauce. What state is it in the northernmost city in the US. It's got to be in Alaska.
Speaker 2: It has to be. It has to be. Okay, thank god, Okay, there's gonna be like this is a true question. I never heard of it just check out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the main Yeah, that's what I thought, That's what I thought you were going to guess.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to see.
Speaker 1: But that sounds Alaskian. It sure does, like the Alaskan Pipeline.
Speaker 3: Sure, the sun rose above the horizon at two fifty seven AM and it won't set again for eighty four straight days, so it'll be a sunny day until August.
Speaker 1: Second, but the inverse is true, right, that the depression in Alaska is crippling, because they also have stretches that are the opposite, right where it's essentially eternal darkness, which is kind of the point of that. Late the latest season of True Detective, where it's basically night country because they're in the dark round the clock.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that bad? I was very average? Did you see it?
Speaker 3: Very I like two episodes and as all had.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because the first I mean, that's tough the top. The first one of that with McConaughey and Woody is so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, they go out to.
Speaker 1: The crossover, they go looking for Sid who's doing he's knealing fent and then it's the whole thing. Yeah, so what else happens? Give me the give me the full plot, just spoil the whole thing.
Speaker 7: So it turns out that Woody and uh McConaughey are on the case, and they think that Sid's the one who's the big meth dealer and fent dealer, but then they realize that it's actually the t Rex dinosaur toy that is doing He's the kingpin of it all and wood he dies and Matthew McConaughey and Sid from the show will become a couple and it actually ends pretty happy.
Speaker 2: So the Yellow King is mister potato Head. Yeah, and his bucket of parts. Buckets are fun for everyone.
Speaker 1: Who is Jesse Alexandra Dario or who is who plays Jesse uh missus potato Head? Oh man, I don't think they look similar, Alexandra.
Speaker 2: I mean that's what happens to Slink.
Speaker 3: The most perfect.
Speaker 7: Slink gets hooked on fence. Yeah, he does the fence fold his cheeks down the stairs and then stays in that position though his butts labs are always out.
Speaker 3: Do you guys remember where did like take your breath away?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean like like yes, yeah, the most perfect possible, Like God must have smacked himself on the back when he did that.
Speaker 2: It was a god smack.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about Alexandra Diadario?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: On that scene on the couch with Woody, I mean, lord, my lord, how do you film that scene? If you're Woody Harrelson? I would guess whoa you know what I mean though, like you have to be like hew cut.
Speaker 2: But okay, you need a minute.
Speaker 12: If the thing is if you don't, if you don't get wreck right, isn't that sort of an insult to her? Like if you're doing the scene and she's like, what, you're not aroused by this?
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, yeah, a good point.
Speaker 12: Isn't it sort of a compliment if you do get aroused, if you're an actor and you're like, wow, dang.
Speaker 2: I don't know the answer to that question.
Speaker 1: All I know is that this is a crossover reference between Seinfeld and True Detective. But if I'm Woody Harrelson in that scene, in my line is these pretzels.
Speaker 2: Are making me thirsty.
Speaker 1: Right at the end of the scene, I go, these thirsty is are making me pretzels? Oh damn it, do it again?
Speaker 2: Run it back, run it back?
Speaker 1: Yeah, original, Like, how many times do you intentionally botch the line over and over again.
Speaker 2: I just I can't get it, man, So hey on what the pretzels are? What?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: What am I doing?
Speaker 1: The pretzels are making you thirsty? Or her thirsty? Because I'm definitely thirsty. What's happening now?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Where's my inflection? All right?
Speaker 1: Take fifty six?
Speaker 2: Yeah and action.
Speaker 3: All I know is if I were Alady here at some point five years down the road, I'd be sitting on the couch with Oprah Winfrey and she'd be like, let's talk about the day your career end.
Speaker 2: The day.
Speaker 3: You had won four oscars and everything was going correctly with you had a wife and family. What happened? And I can go? I had the motor boat. It had to be done. Yeah, reached the Lord, reached down and grabbed the back of my head and went.
Speaker 12: Don't you think though, after about take three?
Speaker 2: Just take a nap?
Speaker 12: Oh sure, yeah? Yeah, You're like, well, thank you, I'm done. Yeah, I'm just gonna go take a little nappy nap right now.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 2: Trailer.
Speaker 1: I've worked with Chris so long that when he said that what he was on the couch with Oprah, I thought he was going to say, Oprah asked to reenact it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because what he was on a couch in the scene. I thought. I was like, what does Oprah have to do with this? She's gonna do it right, Let's go. Yeah. Rocke too that yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The News is next more with Ben Lieber after this.
Speaker 1: Yes, the Wolves did win last night one four one on nine over the Sports.
Speaker 2: That series is tied.
Speaker 1: It two Game four of the Wild and Abs tonight in Saint Paul. We're back in this one absolutely two to one. It's not over there either. A couple days ago, it looked like both teams were getting slaughtered. It looked like both teams were absolutely toast. Now the optimism swung back, right. Anybody think we're dead in the water in either one?
Speaker 2: No? I don't either.
Speaker 12: No, nope, not at all.
Speaker 1: The ebbs and the flows of playoff basketball and playoff hockey.
Speaker 2: The News is next.
Speaker 1: Bludan from the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center. This report is