Speaker 1: Let's get you tickets right now to well, actually a chance at tickets to go to see Sabrina Carpenter. Here's your keyword for this hour. We have a different keyword every thirty minutes, and the keyword right now is Sabrina. So open up the iHeartRadio app, tap the red microphone and say the keyword is Sabrina and you get a chance to win. Even it is that easy. Choose you, We will get a hold of you, and you will go to La to see Sabrina Carpeenter. That is super cool. What weird smell do you actually like? I remember when I was in elementary school, probably second grade or so, is out on the playground and a tractor drove by and it's belching that diesel smoke and I'm like, to this day, I still love the smell of diesel smoke. I don't get to smell it very often, but I do love that smell. It's crazy how you have that memory attached to it back in second grade. So interesting. What is your weird smell that you love the smell of?
Speaker 2: My favorite weird smell is definitely tires. Walking into like a discount tire store and just like inhaling as deeply as you can. I wish I could chew on it.
Speaker 3: Oh it's great, It is great.
Speaker 1: I love that one. Also, like a small town, like a small hardware store, like an Ace Hardware or something like that.
Speaker 3: You can smell like it would in Likenleum.
Speaker 1: I think it's it might be I'm not sure what it is. I think it might be fertilizer. Oh, yeah, it might be, but you can smell. You walk in and there's the snow blowers, and there's lawnmowers, and there's this and the barbecue grills, and you can smell it.
Speaker 4: It's calissa from Orno.
Speaker 5: And you know that smell from those big toxic markers that you use on like poster board during school projects.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is my favorite weird smell.
Speaker 4: And you probably shouldn't smell too much of it.
Speaker 1: That don't thing anymore. They used their magic markers is what they call them back in the day. Now sharpie's are sharpies don't really smell, do they They don't.
Speaker 5: Do, but not nearly as more talk bags leave us a talk back on that.
Speaker 1: iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: My favorite weird smell is rubber cement.
Speaker 5: It's so good.
Speaker 1: It's probably not good for you, but so good stuff.
Speaker 3: Another one, Good morning. This is candy and woodbury. And my favorite weird smell is rubbing alcohol.
Speaker 4: And honestly, I'm not really sure why I like it, but rubbing alcohol.
Speaker 1: Here's one you probably don't know. My name is Shae, I am from and I'm an Earth and my favorite smell is insolent insulin. No idea what that smells like? Another one?
Speaker 6: Hi, This is Jessica, not my real name, but my weird smell that I like is the when you're a vacuuming the air that comes out of the vacuum. I don't know why, but ever since I was a kid, I like that smell.
Speaker 1: It's kind of warm, it's it's hot. Yeah, and it's got a dusty thing.
Speaker 3: Too, like dusty warm hotness.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, here's another one. What weird smell do you really love? Hey, Jennifer, here from the scounting. My favorite smell is racing fuel. Fairly poured a glass of it in the background there.
Speaker 4: It seems like a little bubbling water.
Speaker 1: Here's a good one, Hey, good morning. One smell that I find oddly satisfying it would be fresh plato. It smells so good you almost want to eat it, but you can't. But you can't. But think about that, and it's nontoxic imagined. Opening up the Plato thing and blue playto is inside and you smell it. You can smell it right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't say it's good enough to eat. I wouldn't eat just based on the smell. Yeah, smells like Plato.
Speaker 1: All right, here's one.
Speaker 5: Hey, this is Katie Kane using the iHeart Radio feature Katie w B one O one point three.
Speaker 3: Thanks for the point.
Speaker 1: My favorite weird smell.
Speaker 3: Is Mary Jay.
Speaker 1: Marry Jy and we all know why. Okay, I mean, I mean, I'm glad you're like it. I think there's nothing more annoying than smelling somebody who reeks out marijuana. My senior year of college, my roommates all they did was have pep like our our room was the spot. Everyone came to the top box and I was like, I hate this. That is we were out in public. I'm not gonna say where over the weekend and I'm standing there with a group of people and a couple of guys walk by. I've never smelled weeds so strong, and even one of the people that I don't know very well. Normally you ignore it, like, okay, we're gonna pretend that didn't happen. He's like, oh, that is some skunky marijuana, and I'm like, yes, it is all right. Here's another one.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 3: My name is Hannah from Stillwater and my favorite weird smell is my ca ex breath.
Speaker 5: Anytime one of them yawns, I always stick my nose in there and get a big deep whiff of.
Speaker 1: That little Okay, that's funny. What about puppy breath? Puppy breath is another great smell there growth, not dog breath. No, puppies have a fresh breath.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, like their teeth haven't gotten bad quite yet.
Speaker 1: As a puppy owner, No stink. Okay, what do we miss if we miss one of those? Know, we'll be back with Jenny's been on Reddit. In a second stay here on KDWB and more boofash tickets too. We'll do those in a little bit. Jenny's been on Reddit.
Speaker 4: We're gonna talk about hacks that people do to survive their forty hour work week. How do you get through that long day at the job. But first off, someone says, I pretend like I'm on an episode of the Office. Constantly breaking the fourth wall by looking at imaginary camera.
Speaker 3: Happens.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's funny. I'm gonna there's an imaginary camera over here on the walls. Whenever Bailey says something ridiculous, I'll be like Jim.
Speaker 4: Someone else said, make your job the smallest, least interesting part of your day, even if it's curling up with a good book, making a great meal, or going on a hike. Every day should be more than just I went to work. So that's a good way to do it. Another person said I like to do a treatless day where you don't buy coffee or anything for one day. Then the next day I feel like I went out rough camping or something and the little.
Speaker 3: Treats hit so good.
Speaker 4: So this is how to get through your forty hour work week. Somebody says, pick a random person from your workplace and be their problem.
Speaker 1: Is that what you do every day? Bailey?
Speaker 3: Yes, I do.
Speaker 4: Oh wait at Bailey on air, I wrote that that's me. This one's really funny to you. I feel like Bailey would do this. If you can wear earbuds listen to circus music on chaotic days that somebody else said, the fifty ten structure works. Well, now you might be asking what does that mean. Yeah, well you work for fifteen minutes, then you quit your job and moved to Thailand for ten years.
Speaker 1: Okay years okay.
Speaker 4: Another one says pooping on the clock. I feel like there's people out there that like literally log how much time they're getting paid to poop log. I didn't actually mean to do that, somebody else. Someone else said, you must develop a crush on someone that'll make your work day go a little quicker.
Speaker 1: I've got a work crush, but you know, I don't really vocalize. You guys know about it. Yeah, yeah, saw him in the hall the other day. I saw him in the hall the other day. I know. It's so cute for.
Speaker 4: Somebody said, don't care, just don't care about your job like that one.
Speaker 1: How far that gets you around? The next around the layoff comes along? Bye bye.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Someone else says, scream, just scream, go in your car and scream.
Speaker 3: I mean, hey, do what you gotta do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel bad because clearly some of these people do not like their job out all all right. Somebody else said fast during work, so then you're excited to eat after you're done with your work.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 5: I just like I used to when I have longer days at work, I would get myself like chips and salsa and leave it at home, so then I would remember I got chips and salsa at home.
Speaker 1: Baby me, starving myself is going to make me. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: I don't think that that would work for most people.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: One last one is I think everything is so easy to do and you get paid for it, So just think about it. You think you've got a hard task coming up, No.
Speaker 3: It's easy.
Speaker 1: It's all about attitude. Yeah, it's your attitude, not your aptitude, that determines your altitude.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: I read that somewhere and I think it's true. It's your attitude, not your aptitude, that determines your altitude, because you can be really good at what you do, but if you get a crap attitude, you're never going to get anywhere.
Speaker 3: Craptitude, crap attitude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's your attitude, not your aptitude, that determines your Alcoa.
Speaker 4: I do like that, And I also like deals from holiday station stores. Yeah, like they're red Bulls. It's buy two, get one free right now, and you can mix them atch your favorite flavors. Go get some Red Bulls or some energy and that'll get you through your work day.
Speaker 1: I would like working in a holiday station store because then people would come in and I'd be able to greet them warmly. Hi, good morning, sir. You're having a good day so far. What can I get?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 1: Get two of the zen peppermint threes? Okay, you got it. Deep, there you go. You're all set have a pleasant day.
Speaker 4: You would never be that person at a gas station right You would be sitting on your phone, not acknowledging a single person until they put their candy on the desk and they're like, can you help me? Oh yeah, sorry, my bad, I'm just watching this funny reel. Let me get you wrung up here exposed. You'd be nice, you know what.
Speaker 1: Thank god I had parents that were actually supportive and saying you'll never make it in radio. You're stupid. This is this is I don't get any support from you at all.
Speaker 4: I am saying that you'll be nice, but you would not be the person that's like, hi, welcome one in a holiday station story.
Speaker 1: Sure would, sure would. I also would like to work at TSA. TSA. Hi, folks there, you go, make sure you take your shoes off and remove any weapons before you come through security, any weapons or waters throw them in the water and throwing off your shoes.
Speaker 3: Not like those people.
Speaker 1: There are some people like that. There are people and the TSA people you just got to figure they've had it up there because they get to tell the same like, Okay, here comes Max and his wife Irma. They've never traveled on an airplane before, and it's like they come through with a hunting rifle and uh and they come with it like a keg of beer and it's like, I'm sorry, you guys can't carry that through and take your shoes off too.
Speaker 5: God, take your shoes off, Max Irma.
Speaker 1: Come on, now, here's one thousand dollars for you one on one point three. KDWB and Goodwill want to help you win one thousand dollars and qualify for a VIP trip to our iHeartRadio jingle ball. Just enter this nationwide keyword on KDWB dot com. That's lights. Enter it now at KDWB dot com. All right, go do that. Lights is the keyword. L I G h T S is how you're gonna going to enter it l I g h T S Lights on KLB dot com. A box will pop up and they get a chance at one thousand dollars maybe a little something for e A. You're going out of town for e A that they take it to the airport two hours early and they get a thousand dollars to spend wherever you want to go, and then you get a trip also coming up for the iHeartRadio music jingle ball in New York City. So use the keyword lights enter that on KDWB dot com. Flower. I just looked up opal Like because I was not sure exactly what it is.
Speaker 4: You know, what is something with a gem that's formed to be beautiful or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a man made combination of glass and hold on one second. I looked it up here glass and metal and something else other minerals. But it is supposed to enhance communication on all levels, particularly you guys, spiritual and psychic communications.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 1: It is seen as a stone, a transition, transformation, emotional healing, help them with personal growth. So go on and get yourself from opal Like. Keep that in your pocket and carry with you through the day. Keep you help you stay grounded.
Speaker 3: Is it pretty?
Speaker 1: It is? It looks like an opal so it's kind of looked. It's like a milky piece of glass, so it's just.
Speaker 3: Like fake opal. Yes, yeah, okay, pretty much?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah Opal Light? Did you even know that's what the song is about?
Speaker 4: I looked it up because that was originally my favorite song off the album when I first started listening to it. It is now my second favorite. Nope, but yes, I did look at up because I was like, what is opal line?
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, interesting. What's your favorite song on the.
Speaker 4: Album, The Fate of Ophelia?
Speaker 1: I love it all. Twelve of her songs on the album are in the Billboard, like I think they're the top twelve spots. Yeah, and the whole billboard. Talk about one hundred right now. Dave's dirt.
Speaker 7: You don't mean.
Speaker 3: Social media for gossip, rumors and half truths. You've got Dave's dirt on Katie Wbe.
Speaker 1: We get a new jingle for Domino's, written and composed and performed by Shaboozie. Let's see what you think dumb knows.
Speaker 3: Okay, we love it here.
Speaker 1: You guys do. I'm not necessarily a fan. But you know, we'll see what happens with the new Domino's jingle.
Speaker 4: Eminem is a grandfather once again. He's already had one grade a grand baby with his daughter Haley, but now his oldest daughter Alena is expecting her first child as well. And I looked up to see how old Eminem is. Fifty two?
Speaker 1: Is he fifty two? I still think of him as like twenty Yeah.
Speaker 3: Pretty well for grandpa.
Speaker 5: Speaking of Taylor Swift, she has now sold over four million album equivalent units in its debut week for her new album, The Life of a Showgirl, so she's beaten Adell's record, which was for twenty five and and sorry ooh. All of her totals include three point four to seven nine million in actual sales, with streaming accounting for a little more than half.
Speaker 1: A million units.
Speaker 5: I think I never heard of album equivalent units until the album, but then apparently, like you know, streams in general count for less than an actual album sale though someone When we mentioned this earlier, someone did text in saying that they were curious to know how many of it was, just like of buying the album in its like first iteration versus all of the different like versions of it.
Speaker 1: I think every one of them counts.
Speaker 5: Though, right, and I know exactly and it'd just be an interesting I don't know, an interesting thing to know.
Speaker 1: Thank god, Alec Baldwin is okay. He crashed a car into a tree on yesterday morning.
Speaker 7: This morning, I was in this car accident. Got cut me off in a truck. A garbage truck. I mean a garbage truck the size of a whale. Never seen a garbage truck. It must have been something commercial for like taking away material from construction or something. It was the biggest garbage truck I've ever seen any Anyway, to avoid hitting him, I hit a tree. I hit a big fat tree and crushed my car with my wife's car. That's all fine, and I'm fine.
Speaker 4: I mean, why does he sound like his drum character on SNL Like it sounds like he's delivering some kind of parody.
Speaker 3: Of the story.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's just the way he talks now with Alec Baldwin, who I do not care for. I'm gonna guess he was probably texting and driving and probably wandered off the road into.
Speaker 3: A tree garbage truck.
Speaker 1: I know that's what he said, But it's also Alec Baldwin, so not necessarily a big fan. I'm a big fan of Boo Bash and we'll have more tickets for you coming up all morning tomorrow. I'm a big fan of Sabrina Carpenters who keep listening to when tickets for her a show in LA And we'll be back tomorrow for the Wednesday Dave Ryan Show. I'm going to tell you this right now. We tried three times to record the Minnesota Goodbye. Each time the computer froze up, and we're like, oh, what's all right, We'll do it again, we said, with a positive attitude. It froze up again. Well let's try it a third time, he said. We got about three minutes into it and it froze up again. So there will not be a Minnesota Goodbye today. So if there is, it'll be just simply something saying, hey, there's no Minnesota Goodbye today because yeah, so we're working on the equipment. I've got a hammer and a chisel, and I think I can I think I can think. It doesn't help that the equipments from the Nixon administrations. It really is. Yes, So if you will listen to the Minnesota goodbye. There won't really be one today, you won't miss anything, but we'll bring it back tomorrow and we'll see you tomorrow here on katiewb