Speaker 1: An exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: There's very few people that I'll blow Andrew Friedman off for. But when a guy is the NLCS MVP and Homer's in the first game of the Wildcard series, I will blow off Andrew Friedman, and that is Tommy Edmund. Tommy, thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: What's up, David?
Speaker 1: Of course, of course, proud to be proud to be here and glad that you told me that high regard that you just blow off Andrew Freeman.
Speaker 2: Well, he is the guy that brought you over here, so you know, I think he could he can live with this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. I'm very grateful for that for sure.
Speaker 2: Can you just talk about last night's game? And obviously game ones are so important, but in this short series, how big of a relief to a certain extent is it to have that first game?
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, it's great to take game one. You know, you always want to get that lead early, and we did a good job of coming out on fire and scoring a bunch of runs against a really good pitcher. So yeah, so to get so to get that first win out of the way is huge. And being we're not letting our foot off the pedal and we're gonna do our best to come out hot again today.
Speaker 2: Just talking to some of your teammates, that seems to be the mentality. You're not even thinking about this possibly going to a game three. You guys are intent on doing everything possible to make it happen tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you know, we're just doing everything we can to you know, come out hot, get all the preparation in that we typically do, and you know, just take it to him.
Speaker 2: When you look at last night's game, Tommy, the first inning, Blake Snell puts up a zero seven pitches, Otani gets this place on its feet with a leadoff home run. Can games change in the first inning As far as momentum.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was great start.
Speaker 1: You know, you can tell that Blake had his stuff early on. You know, he was really on fire those first few innings and they didn't really have any you know, any any traffic on the first few innings and he was just lights out and then showed to come out and hit a turn on a hundred mile an hour fastball and crushed into the seats. You know, it just gave us that momentum.
Speaker 2: I was looking at the replays of you and Taoska going back to back last night in the third inning, it felt like that fastball just came right onto the barrel of your bat. I mean, when you see a pitch like that, how what kind of challenge is it to stay within yourself to be able to put that swing?
Speaker 3: Oh, I did hit a slider.
Speaker 2: Though it was a slider, I thought it was a fastball the way he was coming.
Speaker 3: No, it's all good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was you know, just kind of went run into my backpath and you know, he's trying to stay sure. He's got a good fastball, and he throw and I could hit.
Speaker 2: He lost lost street cred right there.
Speaker 1: Oh that's all good. It's all good. I forget about stuff sometimes too.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I appreciate that you got the day off today. As far as starting, how did it feel coming out of last night playing second base?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, it felt pretty good.
Speaker 1: You know, first game being back in the field since that Arizona series. So you know, I'm glad that I was able to get get a few innings out there and come out feeling fresh. You know, it feels good today, No worse for the wear, so you know, I'm glad to throws at right now.
Speaker 2: How big of a win was it for you guys, not only to win that first game, but also to come out of it as clean as you did, and not having to use will Smith gives him a little extra time as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, we're just trying to get him healthy.
Speaker 1: You know, I know he's feeling better day by day, and you know, every additional game that we can that we can go on and let him recover is huge, and hopefully he'll be good for you know, for future games in this playoff, in these playoffs and hopefully we play for a whole other month.
Speaker 2: You made your presence known in last year's October Tommy. What is it about playoff baseball that brings out the best in you and your teammates?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, we all just get super locked in for these games. You know, this is what we all play for. You know, you're playing one hundred and sixty two games during the season just for the chance to play in these games. So we get super fired up and we're just excited to go out there and play some really meaningful games.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot for stopping Tommy appreciated and slider last night. I'll remember that.
Speaker 3: Right, of course, David, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Hey, we can all get better each and every day. I'll be better next time.
Speaker 3: That's right. Yeah, you're pretty good, but you know I always room for improvement.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Tommy. Inspired by the Great Tommy Edmund, who will receive a pair of sunglasses from Canaan Canaan's world's best holarized sunglasses. Canaan's lenses are clear, lighter and stronger than other lenses, and are nearly impossible to scratch. Women's and men's available at canaan dot com. Thanks Tommy, there we go.
Speaker 3: Can't wait for my new pair of sunglasses.