Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five to seventy l A Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: While it's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 1: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed. This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadacres terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pie.
Speaker 2: Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 3: We're with you. Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith. Puss Puss Puss.
Speaker 3: It's just hard. That's that's not cool. You see the march. It couldn't be anything else.
Speaker 2: Warriors Big, can't do it, selling every damn night.
Speaker 3: Prog Manrogman, Man loves his mother, Man loves Hilsee.
Speaker 2: I am the fuck Man, frog Man slipt on his black Man, Man over the seat.
Speaker 3: Day, I'm a proud man. Don't squat with your spurs on ouch cracking everybody, and welcome back. It is the final twenty minutes of the Petros and Money Show on AM five seventy LA Sports. We are your home of Dodger Baseball and the back to back World champion Los Angeles Dodgers show Hail Tani won the MVP. Everybody's happy.
Speaker 2: You see show Hey yesterday kissing his dog, decoy, hugging his.
Speaker 3: Wife, hugging and kiss the dog. Whatever.
Speaker 2: But he was happy, he was celebrated. Everybody's having a good time. Back to back MVPs for Show Hey.
Speaker 3: I mean it was just a little awkward. You know, a lot of people were talking.
Speaker 2: About okay, all right.
Speaker 3: I mean it's not like I'm just making that up.
Speaker 2: I mean Aaron Judge, celebrating with his family was dressed like.
Speaker 3: The rock meme right with the chain on the Well, it's it's twenty twenty five. Are we really going to wear a turtleneck with the chain on the outside? Still, Like, are we really doing that? Is that what we're gonna do again?
Speaker 2: I just don't get the hole. Sit on the couch with the family behind you. I mean, I get it to look for TV. That's what everybody does. Let's let's spice it up a little, like.
Speaker 3: What what do you want him to do? Go to the House of Blues.
Speaker 2: Go out see yeah, do something, you know, put like a band behind you.
Speaker 3: Want it to be more like a like an NFL draft vibe as opposed to like a living room rich guy.
Speaker 2: Vibe bingo bingo. Do go out to the pool, go out somewhere.
Speaker 3: The guys are already accomplished. It's not like you know what I mean? Will you remember Kershawn all his friends in their Oxfords? Was that cool?
Speaker 2: I like that because that was natural. That was in the moment.
Speaker 3: About Tania's dog and his wife.
Speaker 2: I didn't say it was a natural, but it's just, you know.
Speaker 3: Did you think Aaron Judge was unnatural? You don't think he sits around his couch that sweet turtleneck with the chain on on the outside.
Speaker 2: And the family around them and people sitting on stools behind them. No, why that doesn't seem It's very stage and I just we're beyond that'd be different. Do something else, Spice it up a little bit.
Speaker 3: We're spicing it up. We're going on an excursion the Petros and Money Show. Tim Kates will not be there, He'll be back here.
Speaker 2: It shouldn't stop you, though, from going out there.
Speaker 3: No, it shouldn't stop you. The listener because we're going to be live at the BJ's restaurant in Blue House and Beautiful Irvine at the Marketplace in Irvine, the corner at Jamboree Road and Irvine Boulevard. We've got prizes to give away. We're only on for two hours, but we got Charger tickets, Clipper tickets, BJ's gift cards to give away. What corrections and retraction What I'm just reading off the thing.
Speaker 2: It's Chargers Raiders tickets.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, that's not a corrections and retractions. Well let's just make it if the tickets have a little bolt on them. Yes, they're Chargers tickets.
Speaker 2: They get a little scull right next to them too.
Speaker 3: No they don't, probably not their charger. At so far, the Silver and Black are coming to get the chargers. You never know. I mean it's pro football. I wouldn't be surprised, to be honest. But then Matt will be extremely depressed and very unhappy. We can't have that. We can't. So that is scheduled talk Monday. We expect to see you for the Petros and Money Power lunch. Get there early. I don't know what the lunchtime crowd is like at the Marketplace. In Irvine. The marketplace sounds like a lunchtime type of place.
Speaker 2: If you know what I'm saying, Well, if I lived in or worked in the area, I'd be like, where are we going for lunch today? Going to BJ It's right there, Especially during the fall when the Petrosen Money shows promoting it all the time.
Speaker 3: It's got to make a big difference. It couldn't be anything else. I can't see what else it would be. Tomorrow we do have college football a double header here on M five seventy huge game. We did the college Football Whip in the first hour of the show, and this afternoon we'll have Clippers versus Dallas. But tomorrow Oklahoma Alabama and then after that Texas versus Georgia. A lot of sec action here on the station. Some might say we're running all the games on the station on AMFI seventy LA Sports and podcastable on the iHeartRadio app the petro Send Money Show where you can stream it live. All right, it is time for the final hour fun fact.
Speaker 2: In effect, it's the Yeah three Fun fun Facts, brought to you by Concordia University, your Mind's Masters in Coaching and Athletics Administration program. It's a fact that a coach has more influence on others in one year than the average person does in a lifetime. Make the most of that opportunity to impact others by finding out more at CUI dot edu slash coaching. The winter term starts on Monday, so you got a few to find out more CUI dot edu slash coaching.
Speaker 3: Did you know that Fresno, California, where I have never been, is the raisin capital of the world.
Speaker 2: You will find that out when you get there, because there's a gigantic billboard oh that says that somewhere as you make your way into Fresno.
Speaker 3: It's known for their large production of raisins, earning it the title the Raisin I bet everybody's really regular, the raisin capital of the world. The city's warm climate and fertile soil make it the perfect location for growing grapes. Well don't they have wine then, which are then dried into raisins. Fresno and the surrounding area produce more than half of the world's raisins every single year.
Speaker 2: It's too hot to make wine, but it's hot enough to make raisins.
Speaker 3: That's very interesting.
Speaker 2: That's the slogan. That's just a fact.
Speaker 3: But Fresno is home to an historic winery. Fresno County is home to the oldest winery in California, still owned and operated by the founding family, the San Joaquin Winery, established in nineteen seventeen. How about that continues to produce a wide variety of wines, celebrating Fresno's long standing wine making tradition.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 3: Corrections and retractions on you, corrections and retractions. It's also known for its scorching temperatures in the summer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just going on what I was told about the wine. That was also told to me by somebody on the coast of California. That's why we make beautiful wine. Well, it's probably true. But if I pick up a bottle of San Joaquin wine for you for like five bucks or something on my way home, I'll guzzle it. You still drink wine? Or does it give you indigestion? I still drink wine. I find a cation for that. Oh well, that's good for you. You're not supposed to take it every day, But.
Speaker 3: I okay, all right, it is time for the quickets.
Speaker 2: Look to the ms quickets.
Speaker 3: I'll make it quick, y'all. Yeah, the award season is over in baseball, scam is over, the parade is over, the World Series is over. People are still getting after Ernie Clement on Twitter. But now we could officially light the fire.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Somebody who was barbecuing said, oh, Lord, Jesus, is a fun ho stove talk in the smoke.
Speaker 2: Get me got brun saying swat.
Speaker 3: So the hot stove talk is beginning. Free agency is underway. We'll see which players signed first. Kyle Tucker, Kyle Schwarber, Franbur Valdez, what is he an astro?
Speaker 2: He was an astro, pretty good left hander.
Speaker 3: And Boba Schett, the guy that hurt his leg in the World Series.
Speaker 2: Boba she Sheet. They're hearing that the Giants are really interested in him, maybe at second base. That would make a really good infield for the San Francisco Giants.
Speaker 3: They are among the top players out there. The Dodgers will be in the market for an outfielder and a right handed reliever. Next up, the Baseball Winter Meetings are those in Orlando, Orlando next month. Next month. There's a place in Orlando called Winter Park. Maybe the Winter meetings will be in Winter Park.
Speaker 2: I don't think David Vassa is going to this Winter meetings, but why he'll be all over?
Speaker 3: Not much going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean last year he got to the Winter Meetings and all he kept saying was nobody's going to sign here. What's happening. It's just people talking in the entryways, people talking.
Speaker 3: So we'll see what happens. But we are on it. This Paul scheme story is interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he won the cy Young Award, but in the midst of celebrating Petros, there was a report on NJ dot, which is a local newspaper in New Jersey, and the report had an anonymous Pirates player who said that Skeens doesn't want to play for the Pirates anymore, doesn't like Pittsburgh, and wants to be a Yankee, so he wins the cy Young and immediately Paul Skeens has to go on the defense and say I never said that. I don't know where this report came from. I don't know what anonymous player would even say that, because it's not true. I want to win, I want to be in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: I like the Pirates, probably true, right, would anybody say that? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't like the whole anonymous player thing.
Speaker 3: Anonymous player things sucks, but everybody would understand why Skimes is frustrated. It is one of the best performers in baseball playing for one of the least performing teams.
Speaker 2: And it is that time in his career where you're starting to think about extension and paying this guy what he's worth and not this rookie deal that he's still under. And with that being said, can the Pirates keep him long term? Probably not. I mean they could if they wanted to. They have the money to spend, but they don't spend it. So you have to start thinking about where he could end up. And the Yankees maybe that's fun.
Speaker 3: Skeen said, I got shown a tweet and really didn't think anything of it. I got some text about it. I'm on the Pirates. My goal is to win with the Pirates. I love sounds like my dad's song I've got a home in Pittsburgh. I love the city of Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: City Pittsburgh is great during the spring and summer, the great Ballpark, beautiful PMC Park.
Speaker 3: The report out of New York quoted an anonymous Pirates teammate like Kate said that Skeens didn't have faith in the Pirates to win, and I don't know why he would, and he wanted to go play for the Yankees. Skeen's further said, I don't know where that came from. The goal is to win. I don't know the reporter that reported it. I don't know the player. Well, yeah, because it was anonymous, none of us though, I don't know the player who supposedly said that. But the goal is to win Pittsburgh. Is that going to put all of that to bed for Schemes or would they be talking about how he wants to go to New York for the remainder of his time in Pittsburgh before he's traded. Let's talk, we'll continue.
Speaker 2: It will continue until he's traded.
Speaker 3: And do you think he will be traded ultimately?
Speaker 2: I don't think any time soon, because he's got a lot of control underneath him and the Pirates that's the one thing they have there. They had to hang on his Paul schemes. How many I mean he was ten and ten and when the cy young, because he had like three hundred strikeouts in a greedy era, but his wins loss ten and ten?
Speaker 3: How many years do they have left with him?
Speaker 2: You've got I think four years left of control. Oh wow, yeah, because he's going into his what third full season now?
Speaker 3: Geez. Yes, Well let's talk about the NBA.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lakers eight and four in New Orleans to face the Pelicans Petros the road triple in tomorrow and Milwaukee. They got it back to back, so you may not see your favorite Laker player play tonight or tomorrow because of the back to back. Lebron James, he practiced two days in a row with the South Bayker's got to be great fan. He did not experience any residual I think that's got.
Speaker 3: To be really special for those guys and the South Bay Lakers, you know, working for their food per diem and Lebron shows up with his EBC hammer, glasses and his THEO Huxtable sweater and he's out there just doing it. I mean, that's got to be pretty just a once in a lifetime moment for those g leaguers.
Speaker 2: Now he doesn't wonder if Lebron talks to them or he doesn't know their name. Do you think they put like you know in football, you know this a the he put on their forehead like this just the chest. Yeah, maybe maybe he you you you pass you you you you me me.
Speaker 3: Lebron, as you know, has missed all of training camp and hasn't played in a game so far this season, but no residual effects from his sciatica.
Speaker 2: And he turns forty one next month, by the way, so well, I really expect him to come back and have a huge impact. A forty one geez Clippers are bad petros.
Speaker 3: They've dropped six in a row and they're in Dallas tonight to face the also struggling Mavericks. Usually when you're struggling, you fire the head coach, but the Mavericks fired there at GM after they got the number one picked.
Speaker 2: You know what I didn't like is the day after they fired Nico Harrison, all the reporters covering the Lakers went and ran to Luka don Chiz, like, what do you think about Nigo getting fired? Would you have any interest in going back to Dallas?
Speaker 3: Jud It's November? What do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you want to go back and play there now that he's gone. He's like, he just signed an extension with the Lakers. He's not going back there.
Speaker 3: No, But we ask stupid questions and they have twenty four hour NBA shows that need terrible fodder to fill time. So here is where we are. Now, this is the kind of story we appreciate. Oh yeah, off the court drama. Former NBA players Pat Beverley and White Chocolate Jason Williams have a podcast rivaling the All That Smoke podcast out here in the West.
Speaker 2: Can we agree that these former player podcasts are not trending in a great direction as far as producing you know, content that uh, well.
Speaker 3: They produce content well, and people like us pick up on the content like I don't know, I mean there must be people that do it, but I don't know how many people like download these and listen to the whole thing or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Well you say, stuff like this or people's attention. Yeah, it's just clip oriented like it is. It's like the NBA. It's like a highlight league, uh say, with the.
Speaker 3: Podcasts the long form entertainment, like uh, and we're talking about thirty seconds of it. Uh. Jason Williams and and Pat Beverley, Like we said, they were talking about Clay Thompson's shooting struggles this year. I guess he's really struggling and Jason Williams White Chocolate reference Clay's new relationship with Megan the Stallion. The Rapper talk.
Speaker 2: About Clay Thompson, y'all said he's trying to get him a pass.
Speaker 3: I never seen Clay not shoot it like this, and for him to say I'm out of my prime.
Speaker 2: I come on, Clay like said, how many? How many? He's got a beautiful are you speaking to BB? I'm from West Virginia, man, I've been taught a lot. Just Jason wists old folks, old white folks. It only tastes one the drag of battleship across the desert. That's how powerful it is. So it got something. You know what I'm saying, Clay Thompson. I ain't saying that's what it is, but that might be what it is.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, that's how people speak in real life. And there's the podcast putting it out there in front of everybody. Jason Williams doesn't care at Oh, he's from West Virginia.
Speaker 2: I mean, maybe Clay's getting closer to forty. That's the reason why he's slowed down a little bit. On the offensive side. The shooting's just not there. Guy's gone through two major injuries. We can all agrees on the back end of his career. He's in Dallas. He thought he was he'd be playing with Luca, he's not, and now he's just playing it out with the Mavericks and Cooper Flag.
Speaker 3: Clay Thompson is not happy. He responded with a post on social media himself, Referring to my girlfriend as a blank is so disgusting and disturbing, especially from somebody who played in the NBA. How would y'all feel if I refer to your wives in such a way? Do better fellas? Very disappointing.
Speaker 2: Now the do better fellas is what really gets me. That's like admonishing somebody like your kids, like, well, you know.
Speaker 3: He's taking the mature, scolding high road, which guys off the off the away from the microphones will laugh at but of course in front of them, they'll say, that's right, Clay, you handled this very well.
Speaker 2: I liked even go right to a podcast and go back at these and go.
Speaker 3: On to all that smoke.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean by saying do better fellas very disappointing, it kind of ends this whole you know talk.
Speaker 3: I hope right, it doesn't seem like nothing is over. It seems well, I'm from West Virginia, so offered a lot. Okay, but I mean I've been to West Virginia. It doesn't feel like they have like a monopoly on knowledge of anything.
Speaker 2: I mean, if he didn't say that, would it be like, well, what does this guy know?
Speaker 3: If you're like, I'm from West Virginia, let me tell you about the hatfields and the coys and be like, Okay, I'm listening. I'm listening college football. We did the College Football Whip Black about an hour plus ago. UCLA is three and six and three and three into Big Ten. They're in Columbus tomorrow. Nobody, don't come on. It's a big game to take on number one O House State. There are four touchdown underdogs to the buck Eyes and USC. Like I said, I think they'll cover number seventeen, seven and two versus Iowa tomorrow at the Coliseum. The Trojans are six and a half point favorites. Tim Lester, a guy that used to play quarterback at Western Michigan and then he became the head coach at Western Michigan, is the offensive coordinator at Iowa and they run a triple option, But it's like the weird triple option with the quarterback going one way, the read of the running back going the other way, opposite sides of the center, and it's a throw like a throw out to the perimeter as opposed to a pitch out to the perimeter. If it does get out, does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 3: Okay, well that's the triple option that you It looks like an RPO kind of deal, but it's not. Is it new?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 3: No, there's nothing. I mean, it's it's the triple option, but you're throwing it way out there, and it's less of a of a ride together on the strong side. It's a split with the quarterback and the running back and then he throw. If he pitches it out, it's a throw out to the side. We saw Oregon running a lot in the early Chip Kelly days.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, if I mean that's myn is going to have a you know covered pretty well and you know, get all over this offense.
Speaker 3: Well okay, I mean they're also very physical. They had a long drive against art Us is very physical. They're better this year. Got to give them that. The Chargers are seven and three. They head to Jacksonville on Sunday. If the Jaguars, that's where Matt's gonna be. Chargers are two and a half point road favorites. The Rams are seven and two. They're at home on Sunday versus Sam Darnold and the Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 2: The big one. Cooper Cup coming back to LA first time. Welcome back Cooper.
Speaker 3: That is not what I thought of, No, I mean, is that a big deal? And Akua kind of overshadowed Cooper Cup's all existence.
Speaker 2: I mean, Cooper didn't want to leave, and you know.
Speaker 3: Wasn't he the MVP of the Super Bowl? Maybe see no one remembers. Welcome back Cooper. Congrats to the Patriots wide receivers. To Van Diggs and Cardi B.
Speaker 2: Here we go, this is good NFL story.
Speaker 3: They had a baby, the birth of their baby boy.
Speaker 2: Congratulations.
Speaker 3: It's the third kid for Diggs and Cardi B's fourth, who has three kids with her ex Rapper. A contentious relationship with Rapper.
Speaker 2: Off set now Stefan Diggs was called out because apparently he's also got another baby with a model who had a baby in the spring, and according to a lawsuit proved that Stefan Diggs was a baby daddy.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, so he's really doing it. Yeah, well, overpopulation, you know, it's not a concern anymore. Underpopulation is. So this is good.
Speaker 2: I guess how about college hoops tonight the into It Dome. You got a huge matchup UCLA and Arizona. But how about this, Oh right, the Clippers. Michigan State head coach Tom Izzo. You know, he's an intense guy. Very yeah, it doesn't like the sugarcoat anything. He's old school, you would call him. Well, Michigan State took on San Jose State. We're up twenty three and a half and barely held on to win the game. And afterwards, listen to this question from the media to Tom Izzo, of all people.
Speaker 3: Very demanding of them, do you feel that this is a group that can handle that? Maybe no better want me to do?
Speaker 4: So what do you want me to do? Hugging and kiss him? Want me to Guys, you're doing all right now. It's not my style. So when you said him being demanding of them, what the hell you're supposed to be doing? You know, we got guys that want to play at the next level. We got guys that want to win championships. We want want guys that want to get better every day. Wanting to and doing it are two different things. So I think a couple guys, you know, see, I promise you something. That free til shooting thing is going to change. Love.
Speaker 3: Coaches, you con hear his knees slamming against the thing like he's mad.
Speaker 2: By the way, shout out to all the high school teams playing the night. Division one, Division two through Division fourteen. Good luck to all of you playing in the rains of nine other times.
Speaker 3: Good luck to the