Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 5: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can't control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the world champion La Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 7: Hi, everybody, and good afternoon on this beautiful Saturday, May ninth, twenty twenty six. Welcome into Morogo Casino Dodgers on deck as your Dodgers twenty four and fourteen on the season, first place and all alone atop the NL West, a one and a half game lead as we speak against the San Diego Padres. After a road trip that saw the Dodgers go five hundred in Saint Louis and Houston, they came back last night and beat Chris Sales and the Braves to take the opener of this three game set against one of the hottest teams in the National League, the Atlanta Braves. Tonight, they look to do it again with Blake Snell on the mound. Snell Zilla makes his return after a stint on the injured list to start the year. First pitch from uniclow Field is coming up at six ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here Onmarrago Casino Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from no mar Garcia Para of sports Net l A get his thoughts on this Dodgers team. Now twenty eight games, make that thirty eight games into this season. We'll preview this pitching matchup. David Vasse joins us throughout the hour. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Kirsen Watson will stop by. Charlie Steiner will be with us in about thirty minutes. We got a lot to get to, including hearing from Tim Neverde and Rick Monday out the gallpin Ford broadcast within just a couple of minutes. Well, last night it was a pitcher's duel at the Ravine Image Sheen and Chris Sale, Sheen going toe to toe with the big left hander. His only blip came in the second lead off single. Two batters later a double from Dominic Smith, then next batter of Austin Riley and RBI's single in the Braves took a one nothing lead, but that lead did not last long. The Dodgers answer back in the bottom of the inning, Taoscar Hernandez a two out single that brought up Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 8: Who are we to argue the one two little looping line drive down the right field line drops in fair play.
Speaker 1: Her name is.
Speaker 5: Rounding third, He's on his way home without a throw, and.
Speaker 2: A ripping safe way at second base is.
Speaker 8: Tucker and the Dodgers in Braids are tied at one and Tucker made a big adjustment on that breaking ball versus the first thing that he saw him on the one zero pitch.
Speaker 9: On that first one, he was way out in front, kind of a way that it well. This time he stayed back.
Speaker 7: Kyle Tucker, RBI doubled down the right field line. Tay Oscar scores just like that, the game was tied at one and the fourth a great defensive play preventing the Braves from taking the lead. In the fifth, the Dodgers took advantage of a Brave's mistake. Miguel Rojas reached base on the throwing air took second when the ball went into the Braves dugout three batters later, Rojas still at second, two outs for show hey Otani, who delivered with an RBI single to write and the Dodgers a little two out magic take a two to one lead. Then in the sixth Chris Sdales Chris Sale still on the mound and the Dodgers got after the Braves left tenner.
Speaker 5: This time it was the former brave Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 2: Shakes off a catcher. It'll be the first time Freddie swings hits a trive to center field and deep.
Speaker 6: This ball heading back get us gone home run.
Speaker 2: Freddie Freeman with a solo shot, his fourth of the season, and the Dodgers lead at three to one. Oh fastball left middle middle and Freddy didn't miss it.
Speaker 7: Solo home run for Freddy Freeman, four hundred and thirteen feet to center field. He needed that one in in a twenty five game streak without a home run. It's also his one hundredth career home run as a member of the Dodgers. That's the top tier play of the game, brought to by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less Dodgers three three to one lead. That was good enough for the Dodgers bullpen, who took over for Image she and who win four and two thirds. Vessi a third of an inning. Kyle Hurt, Will Kleinbrock, Stewart, Tanner Scott each came in and put up a zeros. The Dodgers bullpen a combined four to third shutout innings.
Speaker 5: They were really good again.
Speaker 7: Dodgers get to win three to one, their fourteenth come from behind victory of this season. Alex Vesi against the w Tanner Scott gets the same. Dodgers improved a twenty four and fourteen on this season, first place atop the NL West, and am now a little momentum after defeating Chris Sail and the Braves last night. Tonight, they give the ball to snell Zilla, who makes his twenty twenty six debut. Blake Snell fresh off the il on the mound. First pitch is six ten and with more we head out to the gallpin Ford broadcast booth as we say hello to Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Perfect night for baseball at Unicole Field at Dodgers Stadium as the Dodgers take on the Atlanta Braves in Game two of this three game series win last night three to one, favored of the do Dodgers Breddie Freeman with his one hundredth home run as a Dodgers three hundred and seventy first in the major leagues, and he continues to chase four hundred homers and three thousand hits. Dodgers one four and fourteen, two games above the Podres in the National League Western Division standings to start action, and in the NLS the Braves at twenty six and thirteen, they are seven in front of the pack. They played well though fourteen and seven on the road, but they've lost eight straight games now at this ballpark mode, this has been kind of a house of horrors for Atlanta.
Speaker 9: It has been a Last Night's ball game. Quite frankly, he was very enjoyable, two very good teams, and the Dodgers went to by a score are three to one. But there were so many different aspects to the game. There was defense, there was pitching. There was some timely hitting, some tough hitting because of the pitching. Two And one of the things that maybe gets overlooked is is Dodger Buck loved him. We talked about it quite a bit. But five different relievers came in last night, Roberts Bault club, and he started to look at what the bullpen has done. Last night, four and the third scoreless innings, And if we look at the last twelve games, the Dodgers bullpen collectively has allowed just five or and runs in the last forty two innings that they have pitched. That's an ERA of just one point zero seven.
Speaker 2: You know, Tanner Scott this year has looked like a different guy than he did last year. Last year he wasn't quite right. He had a little hip thing going on which was affecting his mechanics. But he has been absolutely terrific three for three in save opportunities.
Speaker 9: And what I like too is the fact that they've been able to spread out the workload. There's not just been one or two guys called upon to fill a lot of innings. And that bullpen's going to see some action tonight because you've got Blake Snell coming off the injured list his first start of the year. How long he'll go, Dave Roberts is saying, oh, maybe seventy five pitches, but the bullpen's going to be on alert. But even though they've seen some high usage overall with the innings pitch the workload's been spread.
Speaker 2: Out, it does affect the bullpen. The roster move to get Blake Snell back on the active roster. Brock Stewart, who's only appeared in two games for the Dodgers, is back on the il with a left foot bone spur, so he is out. Paul Gervais, who was active last night, will be active again tonight, but it'll be Snell on the active roster and Stewart after only two appearances, going back on the al yea.
Speaker 9: And I think also as you look at one other comment about the pitching staff, the Braves had ten at bats last night with runners in scoring position, they had just one hit in that period of times. So it was really a shutdown bondas Dodger ball club with some timely hitting. And for Freddie Freeman we sent a couple of days ago, we're seeing occasionally a better swing. Well, those swings have gotten better and better. And hit that fastball out for home run in the sixth inning. And last night's ball game, Kyle Tucker also had an RBI double and for show Heyo Tani not only an RBI single, but they also had a very strong line drive out, so hopefully the swings are getting better and better for Otani as well.
Speaker 2: Both pitchers Tonight coming back from injuries and rehab. Blake Snell making his twenty twenty six debut the lefty and Spencer Streider no decisions in an era of eight ten. He began the season on the injured list too, so Stryder against Snell, the Braves and the Dodgers coming up.
Speaker 7: Tim, All right, thank you guys. We're cutting down the first pitch. Dodger fans, what are you doing for dinner? We'll get your game day meal on a Shaky's Pizza Parlo.
Speaker 5: Sounds pretty good.
Speaker 7: One of your Shaky's Pizza Chicken to mojos right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll check in with David Vasa, of course obviously talking about Snell Zilla. We'll break down this pitchy matchhow Charlie Steiner joins us.
Speaker 5: What up next to you? Otani?
Speaker 7: Rewind and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports Net LA. That's all coming up as we lead you off to Dodgers and Braves first pitch at six ten. Thanks for being with us on this Saturday. I'm Tim Keats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Braves.
Speaker 7: Blake Sneill on his Bobblehead Night Mats his twenty twenty six debut. Spencer Strider will go for Atlanta first pitch coming up at six ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani Rewide.
Speaker 8: Stepping into two forty four old for two tonight, a strikeout and a ground out sail the Livers. So I go in a ground ball pace heading to right, rounding third.
Speaker 2: Rojas on his way home, man he is say with the head first time.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers tape.
Speaker 8: At two to one lead on the single by show.
Speaker 7: Hey O'toni show Hey delivers last night was only it goes one for four, but it was a big one at two RBI single off Chris Sale to right in the fifth. Given the Dodgers a two to one lead, Dodgers go on and beat Sale in the Braves by final a three to one.
Speaker 3: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 7: Hey, Kirston now joins us from the ravine brought to buy cars for kids. The easiest way to get rid of that old car. Donating today your car could be picked up tomorrow. That easy donating now carsfrokids dot org. That's cars with a K. Blake Snell is on the mound, not in Ontario. He's on the mountain tonight in his first start here in twenty twenty six, Karson, he is.
Speaker 10: And you know what how this hall came about is he was. The original plan for him today was that he was going to be completing his rehab assignment. He's gonna be with the Ontario Tower buzzers, making his final start, the hopeless for him to get through five innings of work seventy five pitches. But with the news of Tyler Glassnew going on the IL and as much as it's you know, tough to say that he's going IL, but the good news with him is that he is continuing to feel better with that backspas him and they do expect this just to be the minimum fifteen day IL stent for Tyler Blast. Now things kind of worked out perfectly in regard to, well, you have a guy in Blake's noow who could come back and maybe he just does his five innings of work and seventy five pitches and he needs to build up at the big league level. So when the organization went to Blake and was like, hey, so you want that instead of that being a rehab start, should that be a big league start for you with the first of.
Speaker 1: The regular season this year.
Speaker 10: And he's obviously he's a competitor and he's been itching to get backed out here, so he of course said absolutely, let's do it. So when it comes to today, that does mean that he is in a situation where he's going up against one of the best lineups in Major League Baseball, one of the best teams in Major League Baseball. But he is in a position where he's healthy. The stuff isn't a really good spot, but he is still building up. So it does sound like he's going to be pretty much on a pitch count limit of seventy five pitches. The hope is for him to get through five innings of work. But Dave Roberts said, regardless, they do feel really good about the bullpen that they have available. Behind him, and we've been seeing the bullpen continuing to be a really strong performance, I mean, shut out binnings from them last night, So just continuing with that. So they feel really good about the support that Blake has.
Speaker 7: If need be, The series has a playoff atmosphere to it because both these teams have been in the playoffs recently, and they're two of the best teams in the National League already at the quarter point.
Speaker 5: Of this season. Last night, the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: Able to get to Chris Sale and hopefully again tonight against Benter Strider.
Speaker 10: Yeah, exactly. And even with talking to the guys last night about Chris Sale, I mean, obviously we Chris is one of the most talented pictures we have seen right now, and in what he was able to do last night, he was effective. He was efficient and getting through seven innings of work. But was talking to the guys, they were kind of laughing. They were like, I was like, oh, like, what adjustments did you make or what were you seeing and they were like, no, we.
Speaker 5: Just we got lucky on some mistakes. That's what that was.
Speaker 10: So whether it was Freddy Freeman with his home run, who, yes, he's made some adjustments with his footing and just kind of how he's feeling at the play. He's feeling a lot better, so yes, he does attribute the success to that, but also he was just like, yeah, no, I just throw a fastball, left it up and I got to it and that was the key. So obviously you've got Spencer Schrider today. He is recently coming off of the IL, so they are gonna want to find ways to get to him early. So the hope is they can do just that and hopefully Blake will be a lesht the tone because if he can con just be competitive and be that guy who's already just healthy but now stronger than who he was last year when he did have success with this team, that's all they could want right now. So hopefully we see the offense continue to get going.
Speaker 7: Cannot wait to see Blake Snell get up on that mount and just a little bit Careerston appreciate it. We'll check you with you after the game still to come here on Morongo Causino Dodgers on deck. Will dive deeper into this pitch sheeet matchup. David bet Se goes one on one with no mod Garciaparra, but up next we get you an injury report and we'll get the latest for the manager, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Braves on this Saturday night. Blake Snell bobble ahead night and Blake Snell is on the mound first bitch of six'. Ten I'm Tim kates is the back to Back World series Champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 3: Network this Is Morongo Casino dodgers on deech.
Speaker 1: On your home for The blue all season.
Speaker 7: Long Marongo Casino dodgers On deck continues as we leads up to first, Pitch dodgers and The Brains Marongo Casino resort And spa A Grand slam for good. Times Blake, snell fresh off the injured, list gets his first start here in twenty twenty. Six Spencer strider will go for The braves first pitch at six.
Speaker 3: Ten it's The La Dodgers Injury, report.
Speaker 7: Where's ented BY Ucla Healthy official medical partner The Los Angeles.
Speaker 5: Dodgers here's the.
Speaker 7: Latest Tyler glasstow on the il blower back, spasms Brock stewart back on the iel with a left bone, spur and When diaz recovering from elbow. Surgery Ben casparius with right shoulder. Inflammation Mookie betts is In Oklahoma. City last, night he went one for three in his first minor league rehab. Assignment he's seeing the lineup right, now batting third in his second game with The. Commons Dave roberts believes if everything checks out, well he'll be back with The dodgers On monday. Night Tommy edmond extended to the sixty day Il bruce dar graderol is In TRIPLE, a two games underneath his belt and inying in two, thirds two, runs three hits so. Far Keiky hernettez looking like a late may. Return he is In TRIPLE a Al Oklahoma city as Well land And, Knat, Cabinstone evan And phillips all with arm. Injuries let's head back out to the stadium and checking out The dodger. Skipper anything.
Speaker 1: Else the questions For Dave, dave can you just Describe?
Speaker 5: Dave can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 11: The dugouts With Dave, Roberts, YEAH i think that you, know the hope is he gets to five and you know the seventy, five you, Know marker kind of around there would be ideal and then it's more of just trying to kind of peel back every inning and look at you, know if there's a long inning and how we're going to manage. That but you, know using mark the, pitching the training staff and kind Of blake himself And cee AND i feels you can go from. There we've got enough guys in the pen to support. Him but, yeah looking forward to getting, back get him back in the. Mix we're talking To.
Speaker 1: Blake as he was beginning his readin The.
Speaker 10: Siger he was talking kind of like the first two guys for, him was just kind of geting his field and he starts to look at more on how his pitches were looking things like, that did you see anything just whether from footage or reports making his last outing that just told you guys that he wasn't a really good.
Speaker 11: Spot well, physically he said he was in a great, spot which is most. IMPORTANT i think that he felt that his change up was something that you, know he wanted to tighten up a little bit more in that particular, outing but he said the command was, Good ball was coming out with, life had real good. Life so all that stuff the markers that we, checked SO i don't think it's too much of a stretch for him to kind, of you, know speed up that process and pitch for us. Tonight the other water retouch.
Speaker 5: Artist is whilst he was a mile hour the last, year having dated like way was a pitching group last.
Speaker 11: Year SEE i think, so, yeah he was never you, know as we talk, recently he was never completely right last. Year so that's obviously reflective of the stuff in. Velocity but, YEAH i mean it's coming up pretty easy right. Now so he says he hasn't felt this good in quite some.
Speaker 7: Time All, right there's a Manager Day roberts in his pregame chat with the. Media we'll continue here On Wrongo Casino dodgers On, deck and when we, do we'll hear From David vasse as we lead jumped to first pitch in the return Of blanks now from the injured, list makes his twenty twenty six debut first Pitcher uniclo field That Dodger stadium has set for six. Ten I'm Tim katson is the back to Back World series Champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 3: Network as we were, saying, yes Is Marongo Casino dodgers On deck on the official home Of La Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Baseball.
Speaker 7: Dodgers And braves on This saturday and. Night Blake snell bobble ahead and he's on the mound making his first start of the.
Speaker 5: Year first bitch coming up in six.
Speaker 7: Ten dodgers baseball is brought to you By, al poto born in la and made for your. Game Day el poto Brings authentic mexican, style, tomato sauces salsas and hot sauces right to.
Speaker 5: Your Table El poto gourmet in. A Can.
Speaker 3: Joining Tim Cats on Dodgers. ON deck i accept everybody for who. They are This is Dodger insider David BAI.
Speaker 5: Well dv feels good to. Say it Happy Snell.
Speaker 6: Zilla day, that's Right Snell. Zilla's saturday much anticipated Start For. Blake snell he's been wanting to get back and join the team and help for the run to the three pete and look THE way i. Understand it The Way blake Snell And andrew friedman explained it. To me how this all came Together was thursday Night At will smith's charity. Comedy event, No, joke tim this is how it. Came together Snell And andrew friedman talked about the possibility of him starting tonight instead of where he was scheduled to start Originally In rancho Kucamunga. For Ontario Once tyler glassnell's back, Flared up Snell and friedman got together, and said this makes the, most sense and then we Can Move roki Sasaki, to monday give everybody an. Extra day so this is something that those two guys talked About on, thursday Night and snell definitely was all in to pitch tonight Against.
Speaker 5: The brads dam is.
Speaker 7: Brought to you By The Ford Maverick motor Trains Of North american truck Of, the Year The ford maverick everything you need in the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon at the BEST msrp f. Its category it's time To see ford at a. New light go To Your Southern California Ford. Dealers Today brock stewart comes OFF the il and he's back ON.
Speaker 6: The il, What, Happened, david yeah we just talked to, him YESTERDAY and i talked to him in the clubhouse earlier today and he just, wasn't himself and he wasn't really himself YESTERDAY and i was a little confused why he wouldn't be more excited to be back after such a long time on.
Speaker 5: The il and he let me know why before it.
Speaker 6: Became official he has bone spurs on the top of his, left foot that's his landing foot as a right. Handed pitcher he told me that he's been dealing with it for the, last week but try to pitch. Through IT and i asked him when did? This happen one pitch, he landed he started to. Feel it, he said it wasn't. One event it was obviously just a build up. Of things so again another disappointing situation as it Regards To brock stewart And. The dodgers they traded for him at the, trade deadline and he really hasn't pitched. A lot elbow surgery last year ended it and all of a sudden he comes back all the way back and then all of a sudden starts to have left. Foot problems so thoroughly frustrated and he was a little. Down, today yeah no doubt.
Speaker 7: All right time now For The dodger derby brought you By San. Aya park as we pick head to head a race every. Single day at the end of the, racing season we'll see who's got the Most correct we're looking at tomorrow's, third Race Said Santa. ANITA david a mile and an eighth on. The dirt currently is six. Horse race who do?
Speaker 11: You?
Speaker 6: LIKE well i always Feel bad i'm, Going, first Tim so i'm gonna let you have the honors.
Speaker 5: Right now All r i'm gonna go with the number. Two horse Just, A grays Just, a grays just. A.
Speaker 6: GRACE see i FEEL like i always get the Advantage when i'm, Picking First so i'm gonna go with the number.
Speaker 5: Three horse King. Of, Dragons oh King of dragon's a, Good, one david, all right you don't know who.
Speaker 6: THAT is i have.
Speaker 7: No Clue bring mom to the races Tomorrow At mother's Day In Santa. Anita park special Packages for mom are. Still available find out more Tickets At santa anita. Dot com slash events coming up Here on Dodgers, ON deck dv goes one on one with No Mar.
Speaker 5: Garcio para we'll break down this.
Speaker 7: Pitching matchup, of course we'll Hear From charlie steiner bought up Next Your Dodgers Magical moment dodgers braves first pitches. Six Ten I'm tim kates at the back To Back world Series Champion Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Audio network.
Speaker 3: This Is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting game on your Home For La, Dodgers baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers.
Speaker 7: And rays On this, Saturday Night blake snell makes the return off the il on His Bobblehead Night spinster striiner will Go for atlanta first pitch coming up at six ten.
Speaker 3: Dogs a hot dog who wants a Hot coun it's time For The Hawfing. Magical moment it's magical magic Presented By Hawby.
Speaker 5: Hot, dogs Well the dodgers taken On.
Speaker 7: The braves we go back to twenty THIRTEEN The nlds Dodgers and Braves At, Dodger stadium, game four, eighth Inning Won your rebay couldn't get the, bunt down so, he said, All right i'll just hit a.
Speaker 6: Home run and the too, Two Pitch your rebay HiT's a high fly ball in the deep, flat field way down the line, And gone And.
Speaker 2: The dodgers lead four to three.
Speaker 1: On a two run home run By. One rebay isn't.
Speaker 8: It amazing what somebody will do when he can't?
Speaker 2: Bunt one your rebate got a fastball and.
Speaker 3: Hit it back right in the area of.
Speaker 2: The bullpen and it is four To three dodgers in the bottom of the.
Speaker 7: Eighth, inn ah The great vencecully with the call in the bottom of the eighth one your rebate couldn't get the, bunt down so he had to swing away and it hits a, two run go ahead home run As the dodgers Beat, the braves sending To the dodgers TO. The Nlcs this hofey magical moment brought to You by Haffy, Hot Dogs haffey soakhous local treasure for nely one.
Speaker 5: Hundred years Haffy, Hot dogs local.
Speaker 7: So great when we continue Here on Dodgers, on deck we will check In With charlie steiner for leading up to. First Pitch I'm tim katson's the back to back world Tie champion.
Speaker 5: Dodgers, audio nowhere.
Speaker 3: This Is Morongo Casino dodgers hunting game on your Home For La.
Speaker 1: Dodgers baseball.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers and Braves On blake Snell. Bobblehead Night blake snell getting, the start his first of, the year first pitch coming up at six ten times now For the. Verzon startup as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of. The, Game, now verizon you can lock in your low prize for three years so you can.
Speaker 5: Save big Visit Your So cal. Verizon store today we say Hello To.
Speaker 8: Charlie steiner, All, right Tim the dodgers And the braves get ready for the second game of this three. Game Series and dodgers three to one winners.
Speaker 9: Last night.
Speaker 8: And more we found out Today That bobby cox passed away at the age of. Eighty four he was a friend to anybody around baseball and really everybody. Around baseball he was just a joy to. Be, around oh by, the way one of the winningest managers in the history of.
Speaker 9: The, game yeah a lot of sadness when we discovered, that Today because bobby meant so much to the game. Of baseball he truly loved. The game he loved the people, In it he loved. The atmosphere he liked to talk about. The game it was the. Inside game it wasn't just well look at the, numbers here look at the. Numbers there he managed people like they, were friends they were. Business partners and he also managed with his eyes and with his gut and a feeling that he had during the game and knowing what his guys could do and could, not do and never wanted to put his players in a situation an area where he knew that they were not going to be able. To SUCCEED and.
Speaker 8: I also vividly remember that that little room just adjasent to the first, base dugout and there WAS a tv set, in there and the weather channel was on all, the time not because he was a, weather freak but because it would depend on how his team, would play who would pitch under. What circumstances and you'd sit back there and he'd have a cigar in, his mouth watching the weather channel and then just. TALKING baseball i don't know that anybody didn't love this guy that spent any time. With, him no and he CAME to, i mean he earned. HIS strikes i mean he's starting to look. At it remember he was a third base In The New york yankees organization from sixty eight to.
Speaker 9: Sixty nine injuries cut his playing, careers Short although bobby, would say, very honestly, HE'S look i wasn't going to, go anywhere but.
Speaker 3: He.
Speaker 9: Understood look he spent the next decade working his way up Through the yankees farm system as a manager until he became a first base coach nineteen, seventy seven and then he got a chance to go on With The. Atlanta braves and when he was able to, do that, you know at the time we, Think, back charlie remember when he was first hired with the With The, atlanta braves he was just thirty six years. Of age he was the youngest. Manager going his ball club went seventy eight and. Eighty one people, were, Saying Well, bobby cox he's. Coming up he is just a. Young manager but boy was he's smart when he put on that baseball camp and he got in. The dugout.
Speaker 8: You know the other THING that i remember Vividly about bobby when we go down there and then we kind of schmooth in. His OFFICE and i Remember When time warner MERGED. With aol this is nineteen, ninety Six and bobby and old timer you did know anything about computers and any of. That stuff and he turns and, asked me, he, said well NOW that aoo.
Speaker 5: Owns us YOU think i can get a.
Speaker 6: FREE computer, i said there's a pretty.
Speaker 1: Good chance how? About this how? He thought how?
Speaker 9: About this charlie fourth among wins as a manager twenty five hundred. And four here's the other. Part too he was ejected more than any other Manager In Major league. Baseball history the number of ejections is also kind, of well is kind. Of strange he was ejected from games exactly one hundred and sixty two times an. Entire season if you look at a baseball season for. A team he was not afraid to voice his displeasure and he'd let people know.
Speaker 8: About it and you're again that coaching staff that. He had, you know You Had leo mazzoni and Neural Friend, pat corral's that that group was solid and they were there year after year. After year and by, the way you Had The glavin Maddocks and Smoltz And andrew Jones and hobby lopezant that great team Of The, Mad dog, Fred McGriff, David Justice. Ryan klesco so he had, great teams great people, around him and he is going to be. Sorely missed in just a couple of Days After ted turner, passed away and so two giants of the industry spending a good portion of their baseball Careers, in atlanta And the dodgers organization is going to have a moment of silence prior to The.
Speaker 9: Game, today well there's been silence All Around Major league baseball and the people That Knew. Bobby cox and one of the great things that you can talk about Is That bobby cox is not only a, fabulous manager he was a very well respected. Human being and he. Was approachable he never ran away. From controversy if you, thought that hey he had a bad thought here, or there you could talk. To him, he'd, say hey, sit down let's talk. About it and he's going to. BE missed, i mean you look at the secutive. Division titles but he, was there he, was PRESENT and i the highest COMPLIMENT that i can make to someone that's been in baseball is that baseball became a better sport Because Of. Bobby cox he was a contributor to this. Game growing we will, miss, it truly.
Speaker 8: Will, Well meantime game two of the three, Game Series Spencer Stryder blake snell making his first start of, the season coming up line upson, first pitch right around.
Speaker 5: The corner tim, all right, Thank.
Speaker 7: You Charlie dodgers baseball Presented By uniclo Field At dodgers stadium.
Speaker 5: Is at uniclow.
Speaker 7: Dot com slash us still to come Here on Dodgers. On deck we'll get you a preview of. This pitch he, Mad chump Tim and rick will get you those keys to. The game but up next we go high and tight with No mar garcia par you see Him on SPORTS net la as we lead you Up to Dodgers. And braves it's the Return Of blake snell here in twenty, twenty six making his first start on his. Bobblehead Night I'm tim katz's the back To Back world Series Champion Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Audio network.
Speaker 3: This Is, Marongo casino Dodgers on tap on your home For the blue all, Season.
Speaker 7: Long Dodgers and braves on This beautiful, saturday night starting to heat up Here In. Southern California Blake Snell spencer strider the Pitching matchup game two of the three Game Set, dodgers baseball brought to You By Shaky's, pizza parlor the official pizza partner Of The Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Audio broadcast what are you doing? FOR dinner i about A Little.
Speaker 7: Shaky's pizza it's, Game night it's group Day at Shaky's.
Speaker 5: Dot com and.
Speaker 3: Now what will likely be vast fielding insults From a Dodger.
Speaker 5: Player it's an engagement. Of endearment this is high.
Speaker 6: And, tight well you know what Today Is Snell, Zilla Saturday blake snell making his season Debut And No Mark garcia paras wearing his, best tie his. Best shirt his beard is, perfectly groomed his hair is. Perfect combed on a big Night At. Dodger stadium thanks for, The Time, no mark.
Speaker 12: You, bet dave AND especially i mean when Your guy blake is on, the hill you got to make sure you're dressed and Ready to they're ready to perform and be, out there especially when we're doing the pre and, Postgame SHOW so i have to look my best for Your. Guy blake.
Speaker 6: That's right all Eyes On dodger, stadium tonight, of course and it's.
Speaker 12: A bobbleheads, you know people are lined up ready to come in and fill the stands and show. Their support, but honestly you, know what it is really exciting to see that he's back.
Speaker 6: Out There, No, mark obviously YOUR hitting iq is. Next level we learned so much watching you on sports AND. At la what is the state Of the dodgers offense and was there signs of hope after?
Speaker 1: Last?
Speaker 12: Night, WELL yeah i mean they were facing a really tough picture. Last night are you? Kidding me when you're placing a Guy Like chris sale and the way they were able to, Manufacture runs they had some, timely hitting they had capitalized on some opportunities because, You know christale wasn't going to give me, any opportunities so they were able to. Do that so that was really Good to so is there? A? Promise absolutely it was almost like yesterday where they almost do the. Book out AND what i mean, By that you're facing a Guy With chris sale, unbelievable fastball unbelievable. Breaking stuff i'm not really worried about the percentage of how many times he throw as a, breaking ball what he's starting to. What count, I'M going i gotta, GO battle i gotta go. Out there maybe there's A fastball i, can HANDLE and i got to put that ball. In play and it looks like that's what they were doing, against him rather than trying to worry about so much what does the book say or how he's gonna, attack me because even if you even if he tells you, what's coming it's really hard. To hit so it was almost like they were more focused on getting a pitch that they can handle in. A spot they were looking to try to, do SOMETHING and i wish they just did. THAT more i think they give a lot of pictures so much like They are chrissale throughout the league when they're not All.
Speaker 6: LIKE chrisale i heard you say a few times to use this Phrase that, i've heard paralysis. By analysis what does that? Exactly mean and how do you? Eliminate?
Speaker 12: THAT well i think there are times when you look at a, scouting report, FOR example I think i'm trying to remember it might have been McGreevy or somebody they faced Over In, saint louis but it was the guy didn't throw a whole lot of first pitch, strikes yet and that was the book on not a lot of first, pitch strikes but doesn't walk a whole lot, of people so it's not. Technically wild maybe he's looking for pitches for you, to chase stays on the corners and that's that's. His, game yeah that. Is true but they took. A lot it seemed like they were taking fastballs down the middle then because they, were, thinking well doesn't throw a lot of first, pitch strikes so THAT means I take i don't swing at the. First, pitch no that's you thinking way too much rather than, going okay he's going to try to get me. To chase he's going to try to stay on. The corners he doesn't, walk anybody so he's around. The plate that TELLS me i should be looking in. My spot and if it's the first pitches in, my spot whatever that, ZONE is i have to let it.
Speaker 1: Fly and let.
Speaker 12: IT go i CAN'T take i. CAN'T assume i can't be having all these numbers in my head thinking about okay Now that i'm, oh, one well, oh one seventy percent of, the time he's going to come at me with a. Breaking, ball Okay now i'm you know one oh or two oh, two oh he doesn't like throwing the fastball in?
Speaker 1: This count?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 12: Like enough with all, of that you have to sometimes just trust, and say here's. My ZONE if i see it in, This, zone uh he's got to prove to me that he is going to make me leave. My Zone but i'm going to attack it and be able to hit. THESE pitches i think watching this offense at times that you can tell that they're thinking they're taking. The pitches you know that they should. Be hitting you can see them step, out, like MAN why'd i? Take that and then they find themselves chasing pitches that they shouldn't because now they're kind of thinking in another.
Speaker 6: Another way, ALL right i Believe Everything no. MAR says, i, mean uh he is definitely a hitting coach on television and certainly a guy that had a great all around. Baseball feel thanks a lot for, The. Time nomar, You.
Speaker 12: Bet dave always good to talk.
Speaker 6: TO you i don't want put you in. That, box nomar you are more than just a. Great, HITTER well i.
Speaker 12: Appreciate that, you know you try to be more than. Just that you know you cared about both sides of the. Plate day you know that.
Speaker 6: That's Right and i'm Here. For nomar not only is he here, For us i'm here. For him just, A Reminder, No Mar Tomorrow's. Mother's, day well, Thank. YOU dave i Appreciate that you're.
Speaker 12: Exactly right So Happy mother's day to all the wonderful mother's. Out THERE and i got to Make sure i'm gonna call my mom and call, my wife and you know those two are definitely calls.
Speaker 6: For sure, All, right Well maybe nomar will make a Reservation At capitol grill open all Day For mother's day brunch ten. To two be sure to make your. Reservation early tim will send it back to you in.
Speaker 1: The studio, all right THANK.
Speaker 5: You dv great to Hear.
Speaker 7: From No mar garcia par not one of the, good guys the great guys. In baseball then you have to First pitch Dodgers and braves On this. Saturday night first pitch is six. Ten up next we'll dive deeper this. Pitching Matchup I'm tim kates is the back To Back world Series Champion Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Audio network as we, were saying This Is Marongo casino dodgers on deck on the official Home Of La.
Speaker 1: Dodgers baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and braves On this.
Speaker 7: Saturday night first pitch from you Ni clow Field At, dodgers stadium coming up at.
Speaker 5: Six tens and.
Speaker 3: Now Before the dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 5: Brought to you By your. Toyota dealers we make.
Speaker 7: It Easy spencer strider on the mound Afore The braves an eight Ten r ray, no wins, no losses twenty seven year old right hander former fourth round pick Of the braves Out of clemson in, twenty twenty minut His major league debut in twenty. Twenty one sixth season now In The, Big league strider went seven and fourteenth the four to FORTY five era last season in twenty. Three starts made only two starts in twenty twenty four before undergoing season. Inding surgery he started this year ON the iel with an. Oblique stram it's the first thirty. Four games made his twenty twenty debut last week Against. The rocket he's three and a, third innings, three runs, four hits, five walks did strikeout six and a no Decision. Against colorado he has Faced the dodgers three times previously in. His career he is won and one with THE three rra and, eighteen innings pitch twenty seven strikeouts over those three turns Against. The dodgers he has not faced them since twenty. Twenty Three blake Snell snell zilla makes his twenty twenty, six debut a thirty three year old left tender in his second season now With. The dodgers Two Times Ty young, award winner started the season ON the il was. Shoulder fatigue he made three minor league, rehab starts most recently four Innings IN triple A with Okc. Last sunday when we Last saw snell on the mount In A big, league game it was out of the Bullpen in game seven Of The world Series. In toronto he went one in the third scoreless innings. That night he went three and two of the THREE eighteen era in six games five starts During the dodgers magical back To Back world series championship run. Last year in eleven starts during the regular season in twenty, Twenty Five blake snell win the two THIRTY five era in seventy. Two Strikeouts blake snell on His bobblehead night makes his. Season Debut spencer strider goes For. The braves we're fifteen minutes away from. First pitch keys to the game are coming. Up next don't you. Go Anywhere I'm tim katson's the back To Back world Series Champion Dodgers. Audio network.
Speaker 3: This Is Morongo Casino dodgers hunts on your Home For La.
Speaker 7: Dodgers baseball It's the dodgers And the braves On this. Saturday Night blake snell on His bobblehead night makes the return after starting the season on the injured list with. Shoulder fatigued he, is back ready. To Go spencer strider Goes for atlanta and his. Second starts it's coming off the, injured lists getting ready for the start of the game With a. Saporo, start yeah, great moments Start with. Saporo beer whatever your taste Preference to porto has you cover With The riidy crispin, refreshion loggers including light and non. Alcoholic beers good, with sushi great. With baseball go back out to, The booth Tim Never, Rick, Monday, guys.
Speaker 2: Tim thank you. Very much we capture down with the first pitch here Tonight At unico Field At dodgers stadium As the dodgers take On The, atlanta brave second game of this three, game Weekend Said, blake snell set to make his debut coincidentally happened to Be his. Bobblehead night but he was going to Pitch it ontario For The. Tower buzzers, five innings seventy. Five pitches but you know What the, Dodgers said, you know why don't you just come To a chavez ravine and do it Against. The Braves, SO snell, i know wants to continue to work on fine tuning his. Change up he'll do, that tonight but he will have a pitch limit of. Seventy, five, Yeah.
Speaker 9: Billion david, i've said in the best case scenario maybe, five innings probably will not get close to that with just the seventy five. Pitch limit the, question is how does he respond tomorrow after this start in tonight's. Ball game is speaking of the Changeup, of Snell the dodgers hitters are going to have to hit the change Up Of spencer strider because if you start look at what he. Has done, you know the last, two years he's had a lot of swings and missus not only at the slider but also, the changeup and he throws a lot of first pitch strikes if we look at the last couple of years where he's been active in being able to do. Some things So, for strider make him throw strikes and make him be around that. Strike zone the, other, thard Too is strider likes to throw strikes early because he gets. Hit hard you look at the time he's had the last two years when he falls behind, the count it's over four hundred average.
Speaker 2: Against him one, Other Note mookie betts expecting to play tonight Again In Oklahoma City travel. Day tomorrow he could be activated as Soon as monday Against. The, Giants Tonight, spencer strider the right hander For, the braves The Lefty blake snell makes his twenty twenty.
Speaker 7: Six debut Tim all, right says we get ready for, first pitch Don't Forget david vassie's got you cover with all the, postgame activities reaction, and highlights and then Of course dosh you talk with this game. Is over dodger's going to play ten games over five hundred on. This season winners of two straight like looking at me at three straight And the padres two games back going, into action And the padres right now Leading the cardinals three to one in the top half of the sixth inning Down At. Petco park will keep an eye on That As blake snell gets ready to make his twenty twenty six debut after starting the season on the, injured lists and it's Also his bobblehead night At At, dodgers stadium he'll be on. The Rubber spencer streider Goes, for atlanta making his second start since coming off the injured list with an. Oblique injury two great pitchers going. At it two great teams to start twenty six going at it. As well game two of this three, Game set Dodgers and braves.
Speaker 5: Is next. Enjoyed Everybody I'm.
Speaker 7: Tim katson this is the back To Back World Series Champion Dodgers audio network