Speaker 1: Ben le Bron talking about the new quarterback situation.
Speaker 2: If you missed it, please go ahead and go back and listen to it, because he has an information for us.
Speaker 1: And we're all excited.
Speaker 2: Not just about your Vikings, your Golden Gophers, your Wolves, you're wild. Not just about that, we're also excited about Minnesota's new professional volleyball team. Ladies and gentlemen, you got that right. We got a brand new guest in the studio. Our friend Dave Schwartz came in. He brought us some sweet swag.
Speaker 3: Hi, Dave, Hi, Dave. Hey, turn my Mike gun, good morning to see you. Hey man.
Speaker 2: Please introduce your guests that you brought in to say hello to us today.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 4: Well, this is Minnesota Forge. Team president Michelle Haynes is here.
Speaker 3: Hi, Michelle, I'm Michelle ready.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, the Minnesota Forge is our brand new major league volleyball team.
Speaker 5: Indeed, we are really excited to announce the new name and have our team starting at Grink you know arena in January.
Speaker 1: January. I was gonna, okay, gotcha all right?
Speaker 3: So how many teams in this league? What is the league? The league? Start? Give us all that stuff because I know nothing about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we are. Major League Volleyball started three seasons ago and we'll be going into our four season. We're expanding to twelve teams this season, so it's growing really really fast. I came from the National Women's Soccer League and just watch the same thing happen within the span of about four.
Speaker 3: Or five years.
Speaker 5: So I think we're at a tipping point and Minnesota's going to lead the charge.
Speaker 2: And it would seem like this is a good market for volleyball, right, I mean, this would seem like this is going to go really really well.
Speaker 5: Here, amazing market for volleyball. There are seventeen thousand girls who played volleyball in this state. Certainly the program at University of Minnesota is beloved. It's I think just sitting under the surface and just ready to take over. So we're really excited to bring this to this community who loves the sports so much.
Speaker 3: R Can we talk name and logo? Like how did the name come up? And then what does this logo mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I'm going through this process. It's really intentional. We wanted it to feel like Minnesota. We wanted it to be very authentic to who the people are, who the community is, the players, and so it was a really long process. We brought in the fans, we had the players community, and really the name came together as we were winding down to a couple different selections and everyone kept you know, they were drawn to this because it felt like it really reflected what the state is about, the resilience, the grittiness, just the way that the players want to play. They really loved it, so like it just as we continue to talk about it, just everything converged to this name.
Speaker 2: So how can we get more information? How can our fans find out more about this? How long is the season?
Speaker 1: And as you.
Speaker 2: Said, playing at the Grand Casino Arena, the first game is win.
Speaker 5: January twenty twenty seven. The season will go through April, and you can go to Minnesota Forge dot com to get more information we have. You can make your deposit today. We'll have an inaugural merch drop today at a brand launch event at thirty and so much more to count.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thet's right, Sauce. If you had named the team, what would you have named it?
Speaker 6: Well, the Forge is the best name for it, of course, but let's say, let's say for whatever reason, there was a trademark dispute.
Speaker 3: They're like, we can't call it the Forge. What else would you call Minnesota's volleyball team the Minnesota bump set Spikes?
Speaker 1: Is that what you wrote?
Speaker 3: I've worked with you so long. Look at the screen. I'm not O's pearlman. Come, I wrote this down twenty seconds ago. I knew you would say the Minnesota Bump Set Spikes changing. I'm not kidding a bit. Look at it. Do you see that? Watch it was?
Speaker 5: It was second on the list, and we kept going back and forth. So I'll we talked to the team and see.
Speaker 3: What we can do. I've worked with him so freaking long.
Speaker 5: They put paws on everything.
Speaker 3: We're changing the name. I'm so happy right now. That's amazing. I watched that in time.
Speaker 2: I believe I'm a shining Can you tell me about your expertise? What what gives you the the the skills to be the team president of this new team?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Great question.
Speaker 5: I came from the National Women's Soccer League. I was over at the league for two years overseeing marketing and prior to that, Seattle rain FC, and that was right when they were moving to lemon Field so they really needed to take it up a notch, you know, playing at the home of the Seahawks and Sounders, and so really that was the moment that the NWSL really started to take off. And just to give you a little example, at that time, expansion fees were two million dollars. Just this past year they signed their eighteenth team with Columbus, they paid two hundred and five million dollars for expansion fees, so we're talking ten thousand percent increase. So when you really look at what's happening, it's a good investment. Women's sports is a good investment. It's good business. So like when you're looking at what's happening with the w you certainly in WSL, volleyball is really that next sport that's lining up. So if you've got a few bucks laying around, I suggest you all invest now because you're going to miss out on what's the next big wave. And I predict that we'll see by the time the twenty twenty eight Olympics come around, I predict that volleyball will be just as big as you see these other sports.
Speaker 1: So I love that. Listen.
Speaker 2: I'm a team owner of the Minnesota Aurora FC, so I agree with you, women's sports is the way to go and it's a booming product in every sense. Speaking of that though, watched the first episode of Ted Lasso season four. Yeah, I had no idea that Kansas City has what it has as far as women's soccer goes incredible right there that whole state of seventeen thousand people in that stadium or something like that.
Speaker 5: The stadium right now is eleven thy five hundred, but they are expanding it to I think eighteen thousand because of demand is so high. They've sold out every game. They basically sold out their second season ticket allotment immediately, And it's just I think that's the difference with in sports, is like there's such a demand for it and when the investment is there. You certainly see that from the lungs in Kansas City. When you provide things that are at the level that any professional athlete should have and when you really just put a good product on the field that speaks to the fans that you're serving, that is the result and that is what we're building here. That is absolutely the vision for this team.
Speaker 2: Again, talking about playing inside that arena, that's a lot of space to fill right there, And of course I'm thinking about a volleyball court sitting in the middle of Grand Casino Arena right there. Are you going to put any kind of seats on the floor for something that there are?
Speaker 5: We will have court side seats, we will have party zones on the in courts, and then we will really create an experience. I don't think you know, when you think about other sports, you can really think about the best game day experiences. I don't think you can think about that right now with volleyball. And our goal is to make sure like we set the standard for that because we have the best venue in the.
Speaker 3: World for that.
Speaker 5: So wherever you're sitting, you're going to have a great experience in a great seat. And I truly believe that we can sell that place out the first game. Get your tickets when they go on sale, you better get them now because.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a big deal, big deal.
Speaker 3: So forgive me if you mentioned this because I was too busy writing down Minnesota sets like I did stop minutes ago. As we speak, right, do you have Do you have Gopher stars that are going to be a part of this former Gophers?
Speaker 5: Sure do so. Our first signing was Stephanie Samity.
Speaker 3: Yeah lots of.
Speaker 7: Love, Yes yeah.
Speaker 8: She was at Minnesota when I was at Minnesota, and one of the most amazing players to watch, just like the leaping abilities, super tall, oh yeah, strong, and just the ability to I mean, her vertical's got to be insane.
Speaker 5: Yes, oh yeah, no, amazing, And we certainly have some others, but we have some best players from around the world. So Stephanie plays for USA Volleyball. She's one of their top tier players, plays all around the world. She just won a championship back in Japan, and he's ready to come home and help lead this team to greatness.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just going to speak out of turn here, and I know that the announcement of the embargo, all that stuff. I tried to make it work out so you guys could be here yesterday when Marny was here. But you might not know this, but our beloved Marny Glarnare was a superstar volleyball player really, and nobody bumps sets or spiked. Well, I don't think she can get it over the net, but she never bumps or sets like Marnie does. And if you want to see a field of dreams kind of moment. Let her just go out and do warm ups with you guys one of these days and her watch her light up. She was a superstar. And well I may have been putting it. People knew her name. Well, it might not be too much either.
Speaker 1: She had a.
Speaker 2: Uniform in high school. But no, she loves volleyball, really doesn't. And I know she'd like to be a part of this as well. So again, Minnesota Forge first game coming up in January, gonna be huge, very much looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: Thank you forgetting your time. I hope that Dave Schwartz isn't holding you back.
Speaker 4: Wow, wow, I have Let me tell you, I've never felt shorter in my life than with these volleyball players.
Speaker 3: Yeah there and coach everybody. Yes, And you used to stand next to Eric Perkins all the time and he's he's a short East. That's one way to put it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, Dave, how are you involved? I mean, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not playing. I can tell you that that's what happened. I'm helping out with PR. So it's been been fun. We're making the rounds and it's a fun time. I mean, as Michelle said, uh, women's sports is a great investment. You know, this is not charity. This is an investment. And I think I agree with her prediction that that this team and this franchise will go places very quickly.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna ask one more question, I promise I and then and we'll go back to the team president for this. For somebody who is a saying I'm a novice is not even good enough. Tell me how the s goes in professional volleyball? How many sets? Who's doing what? How many what's the the overall rules of the sport. How different are they from saying watching high school women's volleyball.
Speaker 4: It's a great question, Chris, thank you. Very similar, I think, I honestly, I am not. Do we play three five?
Speaker 5: We play up to five sets, but you can win it if you win the first two, you win best out of three, and it can go up to five sets, scores go up to twenty five. So it's very similar.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yep.
Speaker 3: The thing is they're asking me to promote it, not sin Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure, I just yeah, for sure. I was asking touching Avan spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I just for people out there looking for more information, once again, what's the website and when do you know when the tickets are going to go on?
Speaker 1: So yet have we made that announcement yet one to tea.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you can put down a season deposit now. The website is Minnesotaforge dot com and we actually today have a brand launch event to celebrate the big moment at four thirty at Rice Park. So we will have inaugural merch drop there, exclusive drop. We will be selling our season tickets there, so get your deposit in and then single ticket announcement coming soon. But yeah, i'd get in early so you can get the best seats and have the best experience.
Speaker 3: Awesome, very cool.
Speaker 1: Thank you for your time. We appreciate you coming in.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Nice to meet you too, and it was nice putting up with you Dave as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I really want to know who is the best at the Bump and the Spike.
Speaker 1: From this group.
Speaker 2: I'm going to guess that I give Parker the good point.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think the rest of us can reach the top.
Speaker 3: I don't think that would be fair.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: But if you need the voice of the Minnesota Forge, listen to this from Paul Meat Sauce Lambert Paul, give them a little taste of what it's going to be like.
Speaker 3: What does that play by play for the Forge though not the bumps that spikes? Yeah yeah, please we are alive u Grand.
Speaker 6: Cas Arena for the first game of the Minnesota Ford Just a beautiful.
Speaker 3: Day inside inside I know, but.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, I'm sorry, just making sure you know how I'm.
Speaker 3: Sorry to talk and boom.
Speaker 1: Never mind.
Speaker 3: Thank you find somebody else you.
Speaker 1: Very much appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Guy, Thank you. Spike dot Com out there? Good wait, good wait? How do you guy to go? All right? We'll do headlines after this, more of the power drip morning Joe after this. I'm the fan. This is why during football season you have got to listen live. The Vikings have named Kyler Murray is Sure Island. This year.
Speaker 7: We got Joe Bonamasa on August fifteenth, Snoop Dog on September fifth, and Ron White on October seventeenth. Of course, Shined on a couple of weeks as well. Get the complete details on all of our coming shows in the concert pace a KFA dot com here calendar.
Speaker 1: Who's opening for that shine Down show?
Speaker 2: Isn't a coat and cash dang man.
Speaker 7: And you know it was weird at the Bananas game last week. Yeah. I can't remember where they brought in. It might have might have been Crevor May in his walk up song was Cod and Cambria. He's a pitcher, and so they ended up playing because he was warming up.
Speaker 3: They've played like two minutes.
Speaker 7: Of Welcome Home by Cod and Cabria to this crowd, of this family crowd.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you that it was awesome.
Speaker 2: They've done two in a row now, like rock opera records, and those words are like, uh when I when I hear those words, I think, well, that record sucks, you know, because there's only been maybe four in the history of rock and roll that we're worth of. Dam Both these records are very good in the store. The story follows a salient storyline. It's really really good. I love that band.
Speaker 1: Man. I hope I don't have a gig don night.
Speaker 2: I'd like to go see that show anyway. There All right, ladies and gentlemen, Parker Fox is here.
Speaker 3: Hie Parker, Hi guys, Hi Parker. Are you ready for headlines?
Speaker 1: It is time?
Speaker 7: Yeah, now it's time for headlines presented Vine.
Speaker 3: We get it. Sauce. Does it depress you or make you happy that I knew you were going to say the Minnesota bump set spikes? Is that like a good thing that we know each other that well? Or is it depressing that you were that predictable? I think it's a little column a columbe for sure. All right, So I'll shoot this is a two part sentence. The first sentence, I have a hunch, is going to excite most of these two rooms. And I said two rooms because I don't mean three rooms, because Zach, it's not interested. Trust me. Now, these two rooms in the first half of the sentence are going to be like whoa, go on, go on, let's get the second half of the sentence. Is why it's in the headlines. All right, So as excited as you're going to be, just give it five more seconds and wait until I finish the sentence.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that. Everybody understand what's going to make a fool of myself?
Speaker 3: Sauce. You were blowing your nose in the hallway. So here's the here's the the quick summation. There's a two part sentence. Before you get super excited about the first half, let me finish the second half, because that's the game changer.
Speaker 9: Okay you guys ready yeah.
Speaker 3: Sports Illustrated swimsuit model brooks Nader was hanging out topless on a boat off the coast of.
Speaker 1: Italy, ok tracking being cool.
Speaker 3: With her family, including her mom and dad.
Speaker 1: Yay, okay, listen, Oh can Ash you can I look for clarification. You might not have it. Clarify step mom and dad.
Speaker 3: I don't believe so based on the story. It's this is biological mother and you know, way way worse way biological dad. Brooks Nader handlines.
Speaker 1: Why not because she's topless?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, m that is a weird family dynamic. Let's just call a spade a spade. What are we doing here? I don't know what are we doing here? I know everybody has ulsome jokes on the top of their head, but like, can we just say this is weird? Right? What are we doing here?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: What is the goal here? You know? What are we doing?
Speaker 1: Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I try not to judge what are we doing?
Speaker 3: I think she's just trying to avoid tandlines.
Speaker 1: That could be it. Yeah, maybe she's allergic to tops.
Speaker 3: I know, because the dad would want to avoid therapy, and I like tandlines. I don't want therapy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to go with what you're saying is true.
Speaker 3: Papa pictures are interesting way okay, ye?
Speaker 1: Can we put them a bucket?
Speaker 3: One guy?
Speaker 1: What's her name again?
Speaker 7: There's one where the dad is I mean maybe it was. I don't think he's looking directly.
Speaker 3: At it Brooks Nader n A d e R. There's a lot of is this her dad right there? And this picture? But come on, he's looking right at her. Come on, man, it's her dad. But stop judging. In Italy, it's it's a European.
Speaker 6: Maybe he's finally able to take a deep rout now there's nearly a whisper of wind.
Speaker 1: It just happens.
Speaker 2: They caught him at a time when he was looking in that direction. I'm not going to judge this guy.
Speaker 3: He's staring right at him.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe there was an ingrown hair and she was asking for can you help me with this?
Speaker 3: It's his daughter. Everybody be cool. There was a fly or something on him. I don't know why you guys are that's so weird. Maybe it's not weird, it's weird. It's kind of weird. It's super weird.
Speaker 2: Judging because I make mistakes and I listen. I have pictures taken to me where I am not looking flattering.
Speaker 3: I think you look good, and every picture you always look a handsome. I just it's a weird one. Yeah. Today is episode two of Ted Lasso on Apple TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right already, Yep, Yeah, yep, I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: I'll watch it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It saved a little bit. Uh in the very end of that first episode. The rest of the first episode felt like dangerously h generic.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I'm hoping that episode two comes around. So I'm hoping, yeah, because I like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no way to say it. Generics the perfect word, because it wasn't good. It wasn't bad. It was just like this is just yeah, this is It's just there was nothing nothing.
Speaker 7: It was weird that it almost felt like a pilot. Yeah, well said episode on the first of season four, right like I.
Speaker 3: Said on Monday when we were reviewing it. If that was episode one of season one, I'd be like, I don't think this this show is not for me. No, I would have been out almost immediately.
Speaker 6: Generic is a great word, doc, because like Buddy, thank you. It's uh, it was something I had, like the I don't want to I mean grocery store bits.
Speaker 7: I don't know, there's a lot that just that felt completely unnecessary.
Speaker 3: They should have just left it alone. It was awkward. It was like having your daughter sun Tan topless on a boat in Italy.
Speaker 1: You guys aren't willing to give the benefit of the day.
Speaker 3: You know what, Papa, it's the human body. It's beautiful. Cot have to make it. You got, you got your ass. It doesn't matter. Today is national middle child today? Sauce?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what we were talking.
Speaker 3: Yes, you said sauce. Yeah, Kelly, it goes Kelly sauce and then Dove sauce. Middle child syndrome real or fake in what way? Well, he's superfluous. Oh, I don't know. Is that a good order or bad word?
Speaker 6: But that's that superfluis means. I'm like, it doesn't matter, it's nothing. Yeah, that's right, yeah right.
Speaker 3: Isn't that what that word means? Like being in the middle though it's great, it wouldn't change it at all. Do you believe that Dov got more attention or was spoiled? H No, dog got no attention. He got no attention. No, you got all of it. Yeah, Kelly, you and Kell got it all. Dov got none.
Speaker 6: Kelly got forty percent of it.
Speaker 3: I got sixty.
Speaker 2: Do you believe the Princess Donut should have continued to be a cat or do you think she should have become a human?
Speaker 3: Who's Princess Donut?
Speaker 1: So you admit it?
Speaker 3: Come on, man, you know yikes? Oh, don't google it, don't cheat, don't google it? Why princess says that? Two s's? I know we can all hear that. Whoa flames shot out of an engine of an American Airlines plane after birds hit it during takeoff on Mondays? Yeah, raised your hand if you had ever heard of a bird strike before Sully, because I had not. I didn't even know that was a thing.
Speaker 2: Until by one one time outside of a bird star the striking, they were on strike, I don't know.
Speaker 3: They wanted their share phariseeeds.
Speaker 1: Healthcare system in this country.
Speaker 3: Those poor birds, they were in a packet line, Paul, you do one. They didn't want to do a bird pun. They were saying, flock it.
Speaker 2: Oh, now what do you think Cory.
Speaker 7: Kissed it had a bad segment for your core.
Speaker 3: And he came up with a bird Putton.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you something my way? So I like to go on Vikings dot com and do some shopping.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, because this time of.
Speaker 1: Year, you know.
Speaker 2: And also there's always clear and stuff, and I can wear those things when I'm on the Team plane. I got in trouble once for wearing a Converse thing because there it's you gotta wear Nike stuff, right, So I like.
Speaker 1: To buy from Team store. I bought this sweet necklace. What no, here's the thing. Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: It not only doesn't have vikings and it has a heart, but it also had a Christmas train. And I'm like, well, that's me in a nutshell Vikings love Christmas tree, right, Corey, Right, it's me.
Speaker 3: When you say that to me, it makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: And then last night Abigail told me she was pretty sure that was a lady's necklace, and she was.
Speaker 1: It's an Aaron Andrews.
Speaker 3: God, it's her brand. Why are you buying ladies necklaces?
Speaker 2: First of all, First of all, it had a Christmas tree, a heart and vikings on it. Everything I love. But I didn't realize it and I bought it on clearance for twenty five bucks. It was just dirt cheap. I didn't realize it was where by Aaron Andrews.
Speaker 3: It's insane how often you buy things that are designed for women without knowing women, right, like, not knowing that you're doing it, just unwillingly going like, hey, that's nice, I would like that, and then you find out it's for ladies. Happens all the time, like once a year at least, what.
Speaker 2: You can be, I don't mind. I'm not gonna be hurt by it because now I'm gonna wear it even more.
Speaker 1: But would you have known that was a lady's necklace? To be honest, I don't mind.
Speaker 3: What million.
Speaker 6: Where they don't sell men's necklaces with charms?
Speaker 2: My gosh, at the moment that I read that, I didn't think that was that, Aaron.
Speaker 3: And why didn't you? It's in the women's it could not be. The Christmas tree is dazzled.
Speaker 1: It's a Christmas tree, but there's a heart lock.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, that's ladies necklace that if Abby hadn't said anything, you would have worn to wear playing.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely going to wear it.
Speaker 3: For those of you that are not watching Cafe dot com slash watch. It is essentially a charm bracelet that is a necklace. I mean it looks like a lady's charm.
Speaker 1: Makes a necklace. A lady's necklace.
Speaker 3: That looks like a charm.
Speaker 6: The heart of the Vikings that's but dazzled.
Speaker 3: It's a Christmas tree. It's very cute.
Speaker 1: I thought I was buying something. You guys are gonna be like awesome.
Speaker 3: Around you guessed wrong, ladies necklace.
Speaker 1: Now you can say what you want. They know such thing as a ladies necklace. We're all humans, brothers.
Speaker 3: Wrong. He's selling out hard for Brooks Nader's dad. He's trying to make sure that he's okay. Hoover Dam's power output is slowly fading because of declining reservoir levels. Yeah, it's over for the Hoover Dams. Slowly, but surely is it going back down?
Speaker 6: Don't buy buy the uh Yard Ladies beaded bracelet.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, All right here, this might be the last twelve minutes of the show because I think this might be a heated debate because I have a hot take on this one, and I think you guys might as well.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's such thing as a lady's necklace. That's necklaces or necklaces.
Speaker 3: Look at that picture and you will change your Oh my gosh. What is the correct number of times to use a bathtowel before washing it? M great question?
Speaker 1: Once?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Once?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Three or four?
Speaker 3: You wash your bathel for every shower? One?
Speaker 1: I mean I do, but I have a plethora of I'm rich lea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm multiple. You got it like that? Yeah, Zach, you said three or four, that's.
Speaker 7: Yeah, probably the right amount. I probably even go longer than that sometimes. But well, you're getting out of the shower clean, Yeah, drying off, you dry your your butt crack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you dry them slabs slabs.
Speaker 1: I get in there and make sure my Yeah, you don't want to.
Speaker 3: Chase the hair drawer. Yeah, yeah, I like Zach's answer. Three or four really the number one answer. According to a survey, forty percent of people say the right answer is two or three.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised by that.
Speaker 3: Uh. The second most popular answer, with twenty percent of the vote was after four or five.
Speaker 1: That's very interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, smell bad. Thirteen percent. I'm in the thirteen percent, thirteen percent wash it after every U. I'm a one timer.
Speaker 1: I just have so many towels.
Speaker 3: The only time I don't, the only time I don't is extended stays in Vegas because I'm not sure I can count on the staff to give me towels when I need them, so I try to hang them up after I'm done, So those might get used twice at the most. And your towels are crunchy. Yeah, yeah, they stand on their own. But you get but you get like you when you check in, what do you get? Maybe four bath towels, And if I'm there for five days, I might have to use one once or twice because I sometimes I still shower twice a day, even in Vegas, So we're talking maybe those get used twice. But at home it's one and done, and I don't if somebody's gonna email me that's terrible for the environment. I thought you were an environmentalist. I'm the station's number one environmentalist and it's not even close. Look at the rest of the roster. It's not even close. Rosie. Don't care if it's wasteful. I'm a one and done guy at home. Really, yep, yeah, four or five would make me uncomfortable because it would start to smell damp and gross, and most of the time it's god.
Speaker 2: After one use, especially if it's a white towel. It looked like somebody, what's that hazel?
Speaker 3: That stuff? Every time Chris White asked dumping then immediately getting.
Speaker 1: The shower, I make sure that I'm I can ask you a question.
Speaker 3: Do you take your lady's necklace off when you get the shower?
Speaker 1: I don't. You can you can go and criticize my necklace. I don't mind. It's okay. It makes you feel better about yourself.
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 1: Because you can't get a necklace over your head.
Speaker 3: You bought the Ladiesglas.
Speaker 1: Hey, Chris, yes, you need to buy the stream up a new set of friends too.
Speaker 3: You got to get that. Oh, it's the Vikings like used car salesman, like a you know the thing if it goes on sale. Definitely it's a little crazy sports fan. A mustache. How happy he is? That's Ziggie Wilf. That's sweet. Wow. Oh that's supposed to be EyeBlack, not a mustache. That's not as fun. It did look like a mustache.
Speaker 1: Oh it is EyeBlack. You're right. I thought it was a mussache.
Speaker 3: Wow, that was getting weird with their product.
Speaker 1: One of those before that's sweet.
Speaker 3: Don't know, you could just buy them. You should buy that hard.
Speaker 1: You should shut up wash towel stinky button.
Speaker 3: Has a poop on their towel spreads. It was on this day, August twelfth. In nineteen ninety four, Woodstock ninety four kicked off to mark the twenty fifth anniversary of the original Woodstock twenty four.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that bad?
Speaker 3: Woodstock ninety four had the Green Day mud fight that was kind of famous. Yeah, ninety nine was the disaster.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: But Woodstock ninety four ran for three days. How much did a three day ticket? A Woodstock ninety fore cost?
Speaker 1: Three day ticket?
Speaker 3: Fifty thirty bucks?
Speaker 1: That but it was like sixty nine ninety nine?
Speaker 3: Nice? Seventy four I would say ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ninety nine is a better guess. Probably what was it?
Speaker 3: You could pay forty nine dollars to watch it on pay per view or to actually go and purchase purchase a ticket and actually go see it in person, one hundred and thirty five dollars, OK, for three days. That's not that bad though, I mean that's forty bucks a day. Bad A little more than forty bucks. If that's nothing wrong with that. You had the list of artist there, I was just looking at up right now, go for it.
Speaker 6: Blues Traveler, Sheryl Crow, Live, Violent Femmes, Candlebox Collective, Soul, James Dollar, Yeah, Delementry, Great Bad God.
Speaker 1: I love Dilementry.
Speaker 3: You're gonna love this. Jackal y'all, I'm.
Speaker 1: Your Lumberjack, Bib King's X Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, Todd over my head, Todd, are you in heads?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Man, Aerosmith, Metallica, This is Saturday. Aerosmith, Metallica, nine Inch Nails, Crosby Stills, Nash, Joe Cocker, The Band, The Cranberry's Primus, Melissa Ethard, Cypersil Rollins Band, Salt and Pepper, Blind, Melon Is as Great.
Speaker 3: Line's pretty good. I got.
Speaker 6: And then Sunday was Bob Dylan, Chili, Pepper's, Santana, Green Day, The Almond Brothers Band, Peter Gabriel, Spin Doctors, Porno for Pyros, Traffic and the Roots.
Speaker 1: That's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: I go second second day, Root, Well, think about this. I didn't know Peter Dookie came out in ninety four. Yeah, not that kind of came out Dad's it's hard to tell Zach and Parker and Max how big Green Day was in nineteen ninety four and when they hit the stage and then the entire crowd got into a mud fight and then threw mud at green Day with hostility, just like let's just all throw mud at each other. It was kind of legendary. And MTV ran that clip of green Day in the mud fight so many times because it was so cool. And you know, Billy Joe Armstrong was like, I want to be one of the mud people. He was covered in mud right the entire stage. That's what hawks Oh, I think was that Woodstock ninety four that was like a that was a cultural moment, right the mud fight. That was a huge deal man.
Speaker 1: Right now, a muddy mess.
Speaker 3: It was awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would have been fun. Being young is fun, remember, And.
Speaker 3: Again it was the attitude was so different than Woodstock ninety nine because that was playfully throwing mud. Five years later they were throwing Molotov cocktails at Fred Durst. Essentially very different. That's a slight exaggeration, but barely.
Speaker 6: Green Day's full set was thirty five minutes long, and I bet twenty minutes of it was the mud Fight.
Speaker 2: It was so Yeah, but there's songs that back then three minutes long, two and a half. Yeah, right, and my guess it was mostly that album, right.
Speaker 3: It must have been Welcome to Paradise and basket Case and Longview and god she it was Welcome I Come around. Yeah, it was all those Slammers, all the Slammers from Ducie. It's still their best album. Yeah. First unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I tell you something I learned last night about a different band. But I just I just came up and I just remembered. Uh, do you know that the first song the band the Killers ever wrote together was Mister bright Side.
Speaker 3: No kidding, no way really.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They had just met.
Speaker 2: Start the guitar players sent Brandon Flowers the music and he wrote mister Brightside because he had just been broken up with my girl.
Speaker 1: First song he ever wrote crazy so good. Yeah, hard to top that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty good. Start Go Blue for Blue, Go Blue.
Speaker 1: They sing at Michigan games.
Speaker 3: Oh did they really? Yeah? It's like, yeah, I think England does it too, No, don't they? They do the soccer team and the Minnesota United.
Speaker 1: She's touching his chest.
Speaker 3: It is the most devastating lyric it is. I mean, it just is.
Speaker 7: It is because it was it was supposed to be like, you know, now my stomach is sick and now she's touching his rhymes was sick. Yeah, but he changed the chest and as I've said before, it made it way worse. I'd rather have her touch the other thing. Yeah really, yeah, wouldn't you No.
Speaker 1: I'd rather just keep her damn hands to herself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how about come hang out with me again? What are you doing with that? Dude? That guy? Speaking of awesome, awesome music. Thirty five years ago today, one of the greatest rock albums of all time, Metallica Black Album came out. Oh yeah, hell dr sand Man unforgiven, sad but true, nothing else matters.
Speaker 1: It changed everything Man Black Album.
Speaker 3: You guys.
Speaker 2: For me, it was Metallica. It was so not mainstream music. It it wasn't mainstream music, and then the Black Album came out.
Speaker 3: And that's why some Metallica fans hate the Black Album because then they quote sold out and they went mainstream. But for the rest of us, it's the best Metallica album and I don't think it's close. Yes, it's awesome. The sound is so crisp and clear and those riffs are unbelievable Metallica Black Album.
Speaker 1: Were you aware of them? Like with the song one, I mean for sure afterwards, but when it was new, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because that stuff got played on MTV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was eight minutes long though, you know what I mean? Like so yeah, crazy, but yeah, Enter sand Man was the game changer, no doubt.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah that song song I was like eleven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, it was sweeps kind of kicks ass.
Speaker 3: And I was in middle school and I Hacky Sack and my friend Chad Lola's garage to the Black Album. We were trying to see if we could break our own personal records. We didn't hang out with chicks a lot. Yeah, did we go Hacky Sack to the Black Album? Or there we go look for chicks. No, there's no chicks that are into us. Well, let's just see if we can get more than twenty straight. Yeah, plain, that was depressing as hell, but if it worked out. You gotta be you're too tall to Hacky Sack, Right, that's gotta be a nightmare for a guy. You're right, Yeah, I don't really much got it.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever held one in my hands.
Speaker 3: Oh really, yeah, Dave Matthews, guy, you must have tried it. We hacky sacked. They had a moment, Yeah, they had a moment. Were you good? No? Was I am? I good at anything? I think you're great at a lot of things. I'm not mean. You bought the necklace? He almost bought the necklace.
Speaker 1: Definitely, No, I definitely bought it.
Speaker 3: You're probably gonna get a second one, Parker Fox. You're an American treasure.
Speaker 1: Love you guys, love your body.
Speaker 3: See you next week. Then it is almost wedding time for Parker Fox. It's almost a married man. It's crazy getting close. It's almost over for him. We love Taylor, but it's almost over for you. I know, all right. Powers trip back tomorrow five thirty to nine, including I believe the return of Tommy Yolsen. Ben Leber will be hearing more. Ninety noon is.
Speaker 1: Next key Hammer running for day to abidem.
Speaker 3: We'll go on to hard James.
Speaker 1: Let's have some fun now Sundays said her.
Speaker 3: The badest things from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsor