Speaker 1: Scale of one to ten.
Speaker 2: How bad of a night drooler are you?
Speaker 3: I would say one? My girlfriend maybe seven, So she's bad.
Speaker 1: No kidding.
Speaker 4: About her?
Speaker 1: The hey, what is the Can I ask you this? Why? Why is why is she so bad?
Speaker 5: I don't know? Uh, that's sure?
Speaker 1: Is she a stomach sleeper?
Speaker 5: Back back?
Speaker 2: See and that that that should limit you? Man, she must be gushing like crazy.
Speaker 3: All right, very good, very good?
Speaker 5: I would.
Speaker 1: Okay, you brought it back. You love her? All right, very good?
Speaker 2: Hold on one second, one second, Diane. Scale of one to ten, How bad.
Speaker 1: Are you of drooling?
Speaker 6: I'm pretty low. I'm not, I mean, unless I'm like dead, dead to the world of sleep, I'm not much of a drooler.
Speaker 1: Okay, every body drools everybody.
Speaker 6: D I know that, I mean, and there's definitely been days when I've woken up from a nap and the pillows wet.
Speaker 4: But because he tricked you, No, everybody drools sleep and heavy everybody, Well, they do say.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you get into a heavy rim sleep, you're more apt to drool than not disgusting.
Speaker 1: Everybody drools everybody.
Speaker 4: I'm just kidding, But it did feel like a setup for Diane to admit that she is nasty.
Speaker 1: The at times.
Speaker 2: At times I would say I'm less than a one. I can't remember the last time I drooled. Now, very very rarely I drool.
Speaker 4: But that's when you wake up and realize it. If you're drooling in the middle of the night, by the time you're getting out of bed, it may have dried and you have no idea.
Speaker 1: Oh you can't. You can't unsmell that smell. Are you a bad jeweler?
Speaker 4: I used to be worse. Did you real something that will fluctuate through your life? It certainly is not a consistent thing. I I definitely would have a wet pillow, Diane, but I can't tell you the last time that happened. Now it's interesting because she brought up napping. I do feel like if you were to fall asleep on a Saturday afternoon, then you may see it more often than you do just with a regular night's slumber.
Speaker 1: Why is that like no like sleep?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 4: But is it?
Speaker 6: Is it just if you are getting into that deep rem sleep for we get a short nap.
Speaker 1: But do you get into sleep for a nap?
Speaker 4: I think you can.
Speaker 6: Is it is it ninety minutes that you have to be in it to get.
Speaker 1: Sleep a long nap.
Speaker 4: Or is it like the different spot it's just not your bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know if you don't wet this pillow now, but if you wet the cow. Yeah.
Speaker 6: But if you do fall asleep on the couch and you just get one of those like awesome.
Speaker 4: Naps, wake up big wet cheek. So what I slept? I always do feel awkward having to drag the blanket over to cover the cushion that to dry it about fifteen to twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Right? Can I find somebody that is like I would say, I'm less than a one Christian?
Speaker 1: Are you a big jeweler? You are? Are you really? We tricked you too?
Speaker 4: I've never drooled?
Speaker 1: Wait bad? Is it?
Speaker 5: Eine nine?
Speaker 1: Eight or nine?
Speaker 4: Is it because of that apparatus?
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's because of all the spinner mouth.
Speaker 4: I bet that has a part of it, though I.
Speaker 1: Bet it doesn't help.
Speaker 2: You want to change that apparatus out with a sponge, Dude, you're.
Speaker 1: An eight or a nine. Turn yourself on, Turn yourself on if you can. Here she comes.
Speaker 4: So when the dentist, and by the dentist, I mean our dentist, Kristen when he has the saliva ejector in your mouth. That what it's called. It sucks it out.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, hold on, sorry, I hit the wrong button.
Speaker 4: Is it just like a Sea World show? It's pretty wet in there.
Speaker 1: Wait? Have you been a drooler your whole life?
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 7: Like I remember as a kid waking up and I had it all at crusty.
Speaker 1: Oh god, damn it, haven't you the no I know.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you I'm less than a one of a drooler, less than a one. I'm sure there are times where, like in the past, I've woken up and you drool. Everybody drools.
Speaker 7: Sometimes after a nap, I have woken up because I feel it dripping down my.
Speaker 1: Yes and then I'm like, wipe it off.
Speaker 7: I'm like, all right, nap is over.
Speaker 2: Right, Diane.
Speaker 4: Have you ever felt that that's that's a high bar The jewel awakes you from your sleep?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you just feel it trickling down the side?
Speaker 1: Are you are you? Are you a stomach sleeper?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 7: Yes, I do one of these where it's like I sleep like this, like on the side.
Speaker 2: Person, you realize you're standing up and I have no idea what you're trying.
Speaker 7: To sleep on my stomach, but also turn my head and have to have a leg up.
Speaker 2: Right, I understand what you Well, yeah, that's a that's.
Speaker 1: A great one.
Speaker 2: And of course you have to turn your head, if not your breathing pillow. Of course you have to turn your head. There's no way you sleep face down in a pillow.
Speaker 4: Well, stomach is down you, No.
Speaker 1: Your stomach is, but you have to turn your head. It's like swimming. Well for you it is.
Speaker 4: Actually yeah, I'm a big time jeweler.
Speaker 2: No, but it happens more for for people on there, for people on their stomach.
Speaker 7: I also have woken up with it crusted on my arm, like if I pass out on.
Speaker 4: My stop talking.
Speaker 2: That's unlucky guy.
Speaker 1: But drool smells, I mean probably yeah.
Speaker 2: No, that like like dried saliva, is not a good smell. Not a good smell. Christ Will you do me a favor though, I do want to investigate something. Will you see if you can find me somebody. You don't have to be an eight or a nine like Kristen, give me, give me a five or above somebody wo would say they're droolings of five or above? Please eight six six to Elliott eight six, six, two, three, five, five, four six eight.
Speaker 1: Have you ever told a doctor?
Speaker 6: I've never been asked the well, no, is that something you should tell?
Speaker 2: No, I'm I'm just wondering, like if if you felt like, well, they do say you should tell your doctor. If you go from like being a one and all of a sudden you're like a six, and you're like, wow, I'm really starting to drool.
Speaker 1: That gonna be a sign well that that that they don't know. They don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean there is one that I'm sitting on that that it could be.
Speaker 1: But you may know that you have this.
Speaker 2: But if all of a sudden you go from being a one or two and the next thing you know, you're like a like a six or seven, like something, something has changed.
Speaker 4: My orthotic every night every art what?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know you wear it every night?
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I am definitely so. I drooled before and I definitely drool worse having it.
Speaker 1: Do you really?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's like Donna writ's with my seapap not at all. But if I take it off and sleep on my side, I'm a mastiff. Jesus is a little sweaty. That's a lot of drool.
Speaker 1: Or nine, But I.
Speaker 4: Didn't compare myself.
Speaker 1: Let's not look down nose by the way you could be.
Speaker 2: You could be so, Donna said with her seapaps she doesn't drool at all.
Speaker 4: But if she's not, doesn't have a place to go the hose. Dylan also points out and like that everyone drools, according to Elliott, except me. I'm less than a one.
Speaker 2: No, But in terms of it being bad, I do drool occasionally. If you open your mouth, gravity takes over. So even if you have a little bit of spittle, it'll it'll come down there.
Speaker 1: But if you're on your back and you have some you don't have much coming down. And then on your side it's got to come over. It's got to come over the cheek dam to get uh. I feel it.
Speaker 2: All right, Chris, see if you can find me, I you either need somebody that's that that is like a fiver up or somebody who's gone from a one in a one or two to a five or six, because that can be a problem.
Speaker 4: I'm curious to hear what is it might be?
Speaker 2: Eight six six to Elliott eight six six two three five five four six eight.
Speaker 4: Josh replying oh now replying to Donna, Oh preach. He basically said, I can attest to this too.
Speaker 1: Ah, well, is Josh Josh is like a seven?
Speaker 4: But he's saying, but if it's got a seapap nothing with the seapop machine.
Speaker 2: They do say for people who who are like a like above a five, mouthguards can help.
Speaker 1: But it seems like mouthguards would be worse.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's counterintuitive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mouthguards and chin straps?
Speaker 4: Or do they mean mouth guards like just taping your mouth shut? Wasn't that a thing?
Speaker 1: Did it for a while? Where she would add it didn't work?
Speaker 2: No, she almost drowned. She almost drowned to death. But I don't know what a chin strap is. Isn't it I'm not exactly sure. But they said mouthguards can help, but I'm with you. Mouthguards makes me feel like you would be like a big, spitty, disgusting animal.
Speaker 4: Is the chin strap also for sleep apnea? And I don't think that's an orthodonnis thing?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, But isn't it the way it goes here? But attaches like to the crown of your head.
Speaker 6: I would assume, Or is that just to tighten up your neck?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, I think it's still hold the mouth.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's like a look smack saying thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, I think it's so that you don't like do like. Without it, you'd be like this, but if you if you had it closed, you'd be like this.
Speaker 4: That was a pretty good RFK junior, though, thank you, because my strap for headgear was on the neck. It wasn't on the top of the head.
Speaker 2: And the line for girls was outside and certainly wasn't comfortable.
Speaker 1: I would stomach. I can't.
Speaker 4: You drool with that in your mouth?
Speaker 1: You also collect sandwich pieces?
Speaker 4: Mother? Can you fix my bracket? Sending like Marvin the Marson there, Michael, But to me when you're talking apparatus like that or device like that.
Speaker 1: But you're not wearing that to sleep? Yeah you are. Have you wore that to sleep?
Speaker 4: I know that in your minds for years You've pictured me going to school wearing it. But no, I slept in it.
Speaker 2: Oh so you were the opposite. You were a nightwearer, yes, but during the day you did.
Speaker 4: But it prevents you from fully closing your mouth and making out, so that that's not that's not drooling naturally.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's because you got something in there.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, I did find the anti snoring, sim chin straps for sleep huwful?
Speaker 2: But I think it is because it forces your mouth closed, so you breathe through your nose.
Speaker 1: Stop staring? Where am I going? Line one?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 1: Ellie in the morning? Hi? Who's this Chill? I'm sorry?
Speaker 8: Chill?
Speaker 4: Jill?
Speaker 1: Oh, Jill Jill? Who Jill the drooler?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 9: I'm good?
Speaker 6: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you big? Are you big? Drooler?
Speaker 9: Yeah? It started when I had head gear in high school.
Speaker 1: Did you know Tyler back then? Hey, you want to go walk together?
Speaker 3: It was puggy, intense.
Speaker 2: Did you sometimes were you?
Speaker 1: Were you a twenty four hour or were you like Tyler one of the cool kids. I only had to sleep in it.
Speaker 9: I only had to sleep in it. I was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Did you leave it at home purposefully during sleepovers? No?
Speaker 9: I would wear it because I want of those things off.
Speaker 1: Oh so you would wear it to a sleepover?
Speaker 9: Heck yahd I went into my senior year with him.
Speaker 1: Hey, any boys you're gonna sneak over?
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 1: I flipped it off real quick. Who shot a towel? I'm bringing it.
Speaker 9: Is pretty gross though.
Speaker 1: So you had it? So it started then? When did?
Speaker 2: But it's continued even though I'm assuming you don't wear headgear anymore.
Speaker 9: I don't, luckily, but I do have a grinding guard and that also makes me rule.
Speaker 1: But they said mouth guards are supposed to be better.
Speaker 9: I think that's a lie because I also worked in the dental field for like twenty years, and I feel like it makes it worse because it's something in your mouth, and so your mouth wants to like salivate.
Speaker 2: Right, No, I get I get that, And that's like Tyler said, it seems very counterintuitive that a mouth guard could could help.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I don't I don't understand that.
Speaker 9: I don't either. I can't explain that.
Speaker 1: Are you a side or are you a side back or stomach sleeper.
Speaker 9: Side slash stomach like kind of like what Kristin was saying, right, Yeah, I don't like that one leg up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, but you're still on your stomach and nobody sleeps with their face buried in a pillow, so you have to be on the side. But they do say that all it's got to do is kind of if your lip is a sea wall, it's just got to get over this pool exactly exactly. Yeah, it's yeah, if I take a pillowcase off.
Speaker 9: Yes, are there stains?
Speaker 1: How bad enough?
Speaker 4: Check yourself to a new pillow Jill.
Speaker 2: All right, very good, Thank you, Jill, Thank you from Willow.
Speaker 4: In high school, I fell asleep at my desk after a standardized test. I drilled so much on the scantron I had to ask for a new one for part two of the exam.
Speaker 2: I do remember we had a no no, but didn't didn't you have the friend that fell asleep in high school?
Speaker 1: Because you would?
Speaker 2: You would, You would kind of like lay your head on your on your palm. But and again think about all you need is a little mouth open and gravity does the rest.
Speaker 1: It would run down your arm. It would run right down your arm.
Speaker 4: Listen like a river knocking to deny that. I occasionally used a sleeve to wipe my nose, But I don't reme drooled your arm. Oh yes, and I don't recall seeing that from anybody. Oh yeah, if you fell asleep. Do you never fell asleep in class? Oh yeah? Not at off?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, right down like.
Speaker 4: A water all over my surf shirt.
Speaker 1: Hi, yelliet the.
Speaker 5: Morning, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 1: Hey are you a drooler?
Speaker 5: Me? Uh? Well?
Speaker 8: At once, I'd say about once a week. Uh, I fall asleep with a big fat dip in.
Speaker 1: You can kind of take it from there.
Speaker 4: That's the other one.
Speaker 8: So mad dude, so made my pillow. If you take the case of.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's bad, that's without a dip You don't have a dip in though, do you drool bad?
Speaker 5: That is bad? No, not too bad.
Speaker 1: But listen, every thank you. Everybody drools. Everybody drools, So don't try to be all like.
Speaker 4: Above it from Josh, not Josh down the hall from Facebook. My ex would drool backwards in her sleep and it would trickle into her nose. Ew So is that a position for for neck like pain? You're having to sort of.
Speaker 1: But how Yeah, your head would have to be really tilted back.
Speaker 4: I could see it.
Speaker 2: Because I mean this is connected, right, so like there is those people that can put like the like the balloon through like their nose and take it out their mouth or like if you well, I mean, hell, it's all connected. So yeah, but to go this way, to go throat up, you'd have to have a tilt and a lot of a lot of drool.
Speaker 4: From Mike on Facebook. I used to wake up to a very moist pillow, but then I got into cannabis. I now wake up with wicked cotton mouth.
Speaker 2: Oh see, now that is now at least he knows why they do say.
Speaker 1: Umm, where is it? Here we go.
Speaker 2: The most common culprit of drooling during sleep is just simple mouth breathing. Your salivary glands don't clock off at night, and if your mouth falls open, the rest is gravity.
Speaker 1: While drooling during sleep is largely harmless.
Speaker 2: Waking up feeling incredibly dehydrated or with painful dry mouth could be a cause for concern. But it sounds like he knows his is just cotton mouth. But if you're waking up with like drool, but a bad like like where you can't even run your tongue down the pallet of your mouth, there's a problem.
Speaker 1: That's a problem.
Speaker 4: I get that, But what's the main problem?
Speaker 1: Acid reflux.
Speaker 2: If you're starting, if you're going from a one to a six, you may be developing acid reflux. That's where they and I guess people who have acid reflux like it is, it is wet.
Speaker 6: And then because a lot of the times the doctors will tell you for a reflux you have to do have to sleep on kind of like an angle.
Speaker 4: Oh, really, yeah, like you can.
Speaker 6: You don't almost have to have like a booster because then that helps with the gurd.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: Interesting, I have no idea.
Speaker 4: So what's happening there? Is it? Is it the salary glands producing more liquid to try to fight the acidic nature of the reflux.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean probably, but instead of it going down the esopha, I guess it's.
Speaker 1: Just hi, yell in the morning. Hi, Do you have acid reflux? Is that true?
Speaker 2: People with acid reflux you're drooling like like like like.
Speaker 1: Like you're leaking.
Speaker 3: I have some acid reflux. But the cause of my problem I drolled all my life into my dentist said, what's your deal? Do you take medication? I said no, but I droll all night. My gums were like getting dry. But I had a deviated septum, which I got fixed and it's better now, but I still do it sometimes.
Speaker 1: So DV eight is septim that's that thing in your nose right.
Speaker 3: Correct, Like I just couldn't breathe.
Speaker 2: Very well out of my nose right And oh so then you were mouth breathing. So because of your deviated septum, you were mouth breathing and that led to you just like like liquiding all night.
Speaker 3: Basically I did it this morning, but I had a weird dream. So sometimes.
Speaker 1: What kind of dream triggers a lot of spit?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a mad one.
Speaker 1: Oh you're mad, We're mad now.
Speaker 2: They did say, I'm actually glad you brought something time.
Speaker 3: I had my deviated septum fixed and it helped.
Speaker 4: But I still do it from time to time.
Speaker 3: And I'm definitely a back and side sleeper.
Speaker 1: I got you. Yeah, so you must have a lot of spit.
Speaker 2: They did say sometimes if you, if you get on a new medication, that you will drool a little bit more.
Speaker 1: I don't know why that they didn't explain.
Speaker 2: But if you, if you get on a new medication, that could cause you to be a pretty good drooler.
Speaker 4: I can say you Adderall will do that.
Speaker 1: Jean, does it really? Wait? So regularly? Adderall makes you right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Just well, not the drool part, the dry mouth part.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but then you shouldn't be drooling if you got dry mouth.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't do during the day when I'm awake.
Speaker 4: Thankfully.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, very good. Could you imagine, Hey, what's wrong with Elliott? I know you just said there drools.
Speaker 4: Like at that point, you need to go something is very wrong.
Speaker 2: Line ty Hi Elliott in the morning. Yeah, are you a bad drooler?
Speaker 5: I'm a twelve man.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, so you're you're bad. You got like a faucet going on.
Speaker 5: I've got a face, I've got sleep happening. I have acid reflux and I haven't slept laying down in like seven years.
Speaker 1: So wait, do you sleep kind of like reclined?
Speaker 5: I sleep at the end of the couch with the airplane pillow. Yeah, sitting up basically.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, I feel horrible for you. Do you ever feel rested?
Speaker 5: Uh? No, I feel fine. It's not a big deal. I've been doing it for so long. And like when I when I fall asleep on my back, I have When I wake up, I can barely walk. So it's like laying down gives me the like sciatica. Oh right, So I would prefer to sleep sitting up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, I understand that.
Speaker 2: Hey do you do you did you think the acid reflux leads to a lot of the drooling.
Speaker 5: I don't think so. I've only I've the drooling for me started about two years ago, and I've had acid reflux before then why, I don't know what.
Speaker 1: You don't know why it started. It just all of a sudden, it just starts gushing.
Speaker 5: No, it starts. I have like I have a beard too, Like I have a feasible amount to get out of my beard in the morning. Plus you can look at my shirt and my shirt is covered like like all the way down, like the whole like usually my right pack.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, a squeezable amount.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, hey, you're right. It does not smell good.
Speaker 1: No, dry, dry, dried salive is one of the worst smells in the world.
Speaker 4: I can't lose the image of you bring out your beard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I used my shirt and I squeeze it. You know, I gotta take a shower.
Speaker 2: And you and and for how long did you say you've been sleeping sitting up on the couch?
Speaker 5: Oh man, at least seven years, probably more about seven.
Speaker 1: God, that sounds like torture. All right, brother, I appreciate it. I appreciate it. Thank you, sir.
Speaker 4: I should have given him. And there was someone that snaps that said they knew they had had a stroke when they were droweling during the day. Awesome. So I was hoping maybe Bell's Paul's are just weakened facial muscles. But it can also be the first sign of sea.
Speaker 1: No, it could be sure. No, that's good to know. That's good to know.
Speaker 4: So that's why Elliot's sitting there drooling.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine this is how you sleep.
Speaker 4: Like Diane said, a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Sitting up on a couch, not sitting up like there are people who sleep in a liner.
Speaker 4: But even then, I just quite the adjustment.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's horrible. I can't imagine, like you're you're not getting into bed. Bed is where you sleep, right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: God, that would suck. It would also suck to wring out your beard over the day we're to have a stroke.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, there's a
Speaker 4: Lot there's a lot of things that suck.