Speaker 1: Goo.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the Nightcap on seven hundred WLW. I'm Gary, Jeff Walker, you or you, and that is perfectly fine with me. Here we sit a week away from election day in the off year elections, which is an on year for the city of Cincinnati, and there are many, many important issues up in the air if you are a citizen of Cincinnati and other places where they will have elections next Tuesday night, which we will be on air for all of the results next Tuesday evening in this timeslot tonight, my focus will be on the sky an object three to one atlas. It's a comet, or is it that you may or may not have heard of doctor Abby Lowe, who's a Harvard astrophysicist. I'm not an ant astro or a physicist, but this guy is both, and he says there's a forty percent chance this thing could be alien technology because of its trajectory, because of the way it's built, and because of the government shutdown, NASA can't give us anything else but reassurances that it's nothing to be afraid of. It's just a comet, and it probably is, but it's supposed to come very near to Earth. As soon as December nineteenth. It has a trajectory that aligns with all the planets in our solar system. It's acting very oddly, and the images that NASA has of it thus far are being held back. In turn, some people say because of the federal government shutdown, what is object three to one at less? Is it a comet? Or is it the alien Mothers ship that's just about to fly very close to the Sun. Anyway, That's just something that was percolating. I saw in the news and it kind of caught my eye and dragged it twelve feet for a second on the way. Next, Jim Ornacy plus the Mad Hatter Dave Hadter in for a Tuesday tech talk. Rick Robinson returns after a long long absence. Michael Lets from INVESTUSA, The fur Ball, and we will rebroadcast this past Saturday Morning's Rock and Roll Archaeology featuring the music professor Jim le Barbara. That'll happen just a tadbit after ten in case you missed it on Saturday morning. You know, we can't rebroadcast it, or we can rebroadcast, we can't podcast it because of licensing regulations. Don't have the money to pay those fees, but we do have some money to pay for the next interview. And here's a bunch of commercials, and then we'll have Jim Raneci. As the nightcap continues, look up in the sky man seven hundred WLW. As I mentioned just moments ago, our first guest tonight is Jim Renesy, obviously a former member of the House of Representatives, former mayor of Wadsworth, Ohio. And that'll tie into tonight's conversation because he's back on council for a limited set of time, trying to save the city that he loves. He knows a thing or two about running political campaigns. He's won some, he's lost some, and to talk about a marriad of things. Jim Ranesi joins us first tonight. Hello, Jim, how are you.
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: Gary, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm fantastic. We'll get to President Trump's ballroom, but first we have an illustration that you were just telling me about of how government works and how it doesn't sometimes. And it's not necessarily a Republican or Democrat problem. It's a politician problem. And people who were supposed to be good stewards of our money and caring about the public they are supposed to be serving first. Sometimes too often, not just in Wadsworth, but all around the country are caring about their pet projects or their vanity projects instead of infrastructure and public safety and public works first. And you had an illustration of that that just occurred. You're temporarily sitting on the Wadsworth, Ohio City Council. It's a city of about twenty five thousand people. Where is it located, Jim.
Speaker 4: Gary, Wadsworth is west of Akron and south of Cleveland, about thirty miles south of Cleveland, about fifteen miles west of Akron. So right on Route seventy six, anybody that travels north from Cincinnati and is heading to New York or over the northern part of Pennsylvania actually has to cut right through Wadsworth. Throughout seventy six cuts right through the city.
Speaker 2: There you go, all right, So you recently filled a spot. You stepped in once again, being the public servant that you are, Jim, to be a member of the Wadsworth City Council. And lo and behold, you had an issue come up where infrastructure was not regarded and some kind of park project was the first priority of this city. Council. They wanted to spend thirty five million on parks, as I understand, and you were harping on the fact that they need to really concentrate on your infrastructure.
Speaker 4: And then what happened, well, and I blame the administration more than city council. City council will actually asked me to join back for six months. There was a resignation of one individual, and I.
Speaker 5: Did step up.
Speaker 4: They said, we just need you to look at what's going on with this administration. And the administration was really going down the paths of major park renovations. I mean one park alone one point nine million dollars. It's already been spent. And as I was looking now as a member of city council, former mayor, former House representative, I realized that we do have a systemic problem. We have elected officials who forget that the basic reason for government is really for the services that are required. Not you know, parks are great, all cities need parks, but at the same time, you have to have the basic services. Look, I would and say, that's about the federal government. Remember, the federal government was asked by the states to do limited things, and now they've taken over so many other things. But I think it's a systemic problem around the country. These elected officials, they get elected, they start looking around at legacies. What can my legacy be, What can my next position be? How do I make the people like me? The answer is, you're elected to do.
Speaker 1: The right thing.
Speaker 2: Oh hold on, Jim, you mean, how do I keep from getting primaried by a more leftist candidate if I don't hold the line on keeping the government open like that like Chuck Show, all of.
Speaker 4: Those things, and it's amazing that it trickles all the way down. But here in Ladsworth they were looking at thirty five million dollars worth of part projects that would have had to be borrowed. There's not enough money at the city to do this. They were talking about a large borrowing and then last night we had a city power outage that lasted twelve hours. Businesses one gas station downtown said they lost about eleven or twelve thousand dollars. It's one small gas station, but you have to remember that there's businesses across the state, city, restaurants, all these things, all because we don't have a redundant power system coming in to the city and one pole. One pole went down and took the entire city out for twelve hours. It shows you that government needs to start paying attention to really what are the services needed, the infrastructure needed, whether it's state, local, or federal government, and quit worrying about pet projects and things that will get them re elected. So, yeah, it hits home, but I think it's a national issue because whether it's a local city, local county, we're doing the same thing across this country.
Speaker 2: Well, no infrastructure has been one of the clarion calls of what people say we need to address. We know that our infrastructure. We know, for example, that our air traffic control systems and equipment is way way out of date, and we've seen incidents as of planes coming out of the sky near near missus and the like on runways. We know that our rail traffic in this country, the lines many times are so outdated and they need vital reconstruction to keep up with the times and the demand. We know that our highway systems and our roads are not where they need to be. Our bridges and power, as you mentioned, there was no redundant pickup power. When this one pole goes out in a city of twenty five thousand catches fire and takes the whole grid down because there's simply no backup plan. There has to be a backup plan, whether it's your electric power system, whether it's your water system, regardless of what the public utility is. Jim, and the Constitution calls for the federal government to do two things, and that's to provide for the common defense and promote the general welfare. And one of the ways in which you promote the general welfare is you make people. You make sure people have a way to continue the life that they're used to and the services that they need, as opposed to anything else that comes after, any other kind of bureaucracy that comes after we are so bloated, and to see it happen and a microcosm, like in the little town in Ohio where you are, it's it's it is all over the country. It's in Cincinnati, it's in Cleveland, it's in Louisville. It's it's the problem with our infrastructure in this country and the attention that needs to be paid to it that's not being paid because there are so many other little bike trails and parks and all the other nice things that are are things that you concentrate on when everything else, the important stuff, is taken care of.
Speaker 4: Well, you're absolutely right. I call that critical infrastructure. And you know you mentioned it. Whether it's the electricity or water in our communities, or whether it's the air traffic system, this is critical infrastructure. The bridge is all critical infrastructure. And I only wish you know, it's funny you said that about our You know, the national government was supposed to only do a few things. Can you imagine if we could get it back to doing just a few things the post office, interstate commerce, national defense.
Speaker 1: If you could.
Speaker 4: Shrink that government down just to doing that, and then let the states start taking care of state issues only, and let the city start taking care of city issues infrastructures only. We have such a much greater country. And by the way, we wouldn't be paying as many taxes or amount.
Speaker 1: Of taxes like we are.
Speaker 4: And let's face it, Ohio, the property taxes, everybody knows is a big issue because all they did in the state of Ohio was reduce the tax rates. But like a balloon, when you push one side down, the other side goes up. All of the real estate taxes have now exploded in our state too, and it's just a bloated system from federal to state to local governments that really needs to be looked at.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: I mean, what has I always try and look and see what is the Department of Energy ever done for me as an American citizen and taxpayer? And I can't think of anything, to be honest with you. The Department of Education never did a darn thing for me as a citizen. And it's not because I don't believe that American children should be provided an education that is befitting of the greatest country on the face of the earth, because we're not getting that right now. And we've had the Department of Education ever since nineteen seventy nine. What has the EPA really done in the last thirty years to help the environment? You know that Marge shot made the horrible statement once of you know, Hitler was good at first and then he went too far. You could say the same things about many of these government bureaucracies. I understand the original inclination to help a certain problem than Americans were some people constituents were calling out for, but really, once they've outlived their usefulness, these government agencies never go away, Jim. And that's a problem.
Speaker 4: There's there's your answer right there. They just never go away. Not only that, Harry, they never never go away, and they continue to grow. And that's really the problem. So yeah, it's it's interesting we keep doing it. We keep electing the same people. They they keep going to Washington, they keep going to the State House, they keep going to our local city councils. And what I've learned is they just become a rubber stamp. And it really comes down to having key people that say, I mean, look Donald Trump, for those that hate him and those that love him, his greatest asset is he's going to get things done in the best interest that he believes is for the people. Now, well, the way he's doing it is what a lot of people don't like, and that's a whole another story. But you know, politics is about being likable in many ways, and we elect people because we like them, not because they're qualified. And too often we find this that even those that are qualified, like Donald Trump, sometimes does go outside of the bandwidth to be likable, and that causes issues as well. But I'd rather have the qualified person than and that person be unliked than the likable person who is not qualified.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean the perfect example of a likable person to some people, in some people's eyes, who is not qualified is zeronman Dami in New York. He's preaching the socialist preaching of everything's free and we're going to make everything affordable with the snap of our finger, with the pressing of a ballot here and there. Next Tuesday night, it looks like he's going to win. But there is nothing to say that he is qualified to lead a city of eight million people, is there?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: But that's what happens across the state and across the country. The most likable person gets elected in many, many, many cases. And I said that all along, you can be the most qualified. You know, the elections I lost, I know you talked about that early on. I always chuckle because in many cases, the voters that did not vote for me didn't like the changes I was going to make, which were from a qualified standpoint. I mean, there are still many things that need to be done in our state, and you know, if we don't make those tough decisions in many cases are going to hurt some people that that accept those benefits or whatever, then we're never going to fix our problems. It's why our state government budget has exploded, our federal government budget is exploding, which leads me to when we end this shutdown, which is a whole nother story. But when we end this shutdown, mark what I'm saying, We're going to have Republicans crossover and vote for subsidies that or are supposed to be eliminated to reduce our spending. But they know that they will not get re elected if they don't do that, And that's the problem that we're seeing all across our country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, listen, we're seeing that with Democrats right now in this shutdown, because they're so concerned about the hyper left of their base not voting for them in a primary or in an upcoming election in the midterms, that they are dragging their feet by voting for the continuing resolution that doesn't spend any more money and lets them sit down and debate those other subsidies with the Republicans. So the Democrats are playing the same game. Uh, And it's it's really disgusting to see what's being done in our name as taxpayers. Again, these people, this is not their money, this is our money. They don't they're not our bosses. They work for us, supposedly according to the constitution and the structure of our government in this country. And they certainly are not acting like they work for us, are they.
Speaker 4: Well, Gare I got even one thing that is more shocking. It's not our money, it's our children and grandchildren's money, because it's borrowed money that they're going to have to pay.
Speaker 2: Right, You're right, they've they've already spent our money.
Speaker 4: Jim, Yeah, our money has been spent already. They are now spending future generations money. Both again, I always say this, both Republicans and Democrats. I mean, yeah, we can throw point the finger of Democrats right now for not keep not allowing the government open. But what I was trying to say is Republicans are going to reopen it by supporting subsidies for Obamacare, which we're supposed to go away and did go away in the Big Beautiful Bill. And this is what I'm trying to say. People forget they went through this whole process to pass this big beautiful bill which eliminated the subsidies, and watch Republicans cross over and vote for the subsidies to reopen the government. Going forward. That's what I'm saying. It's all about the election, the next election.
Speaker 2: It's hodorific. Jim Reneesi, thank you so much for your time today. I appreciate it. I always enjoy our conversations. And you know, God has you in Wadsworth right now because by God they need you there. Just remember that.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I appreciate that, and I wish God would keep quit finding me jobs to do.
Speaker 2: But I always like to go right. I can take care of my friend.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: It has been way too long since we have had a chance to chat with our friend Rick Robinson, and I finally, you know, took the bull by the horns and called him and said, Rick, let's do some radio together, even though for all kinds of reasons we can't be in the studio together. Tonight we are on the phone with the man who wrote the great Book nineteen sixty eight and so many other fantastic pieces of literature, both the fiction and non fiction, and also a lawyer and someone with some deep, deep ties to Washington, d C. And our government in Kentucky and federally, and the guy that has been there, he knows where the bodies are buried. He still hasn't told me exactly where the bodies are buried, but you know then he'd have to kill me.
Speaker 6: Of course, I have to clean off the shovel first.
Speaker 2: Good deal, always clean the shovel. Do you use bleach for that or how does that work?
Speaker 6: You know, it's kind of like.
Speaker 7: That scene in Goodfellows, you know, you know where they go and they go, what's that?
Speaker 6: What's that noise in the back of the trunk.
Speaker 7: We got a problem with this, That's what Democrats and Republicans are saying. We got a problem with this bats thing, this billy bats thing.
Speaker 2: So uh, let's talk first about the the uh, the elephant and the donkey in the room, which of course is the government shutdown, which continues now for almost a full month. And I think, you know, I know a lot of people thought in the first couple of weeks of it the Democrats were winning the messaging on it. I don't think they still are. And forget about polls. I'm just telling you it's coming more and more into focus that real Americans are being hurt by this with the snap and the WIG program. The Republicans are ready to continue the spending as it was not adding anymore and not adding anything to the big bill that passed July fourth. The Democrats want all kinds of subsidies put back in before there's any negotiation, before they will come to the foe and vote in the Senate. This is being known as the Schumer shut down. And when wick and Snap benefits are cut off and people start losing their paychecks, you got to look at at who's you know. They Democrats keep on asking the Republicans to negotiate. Well, the Republicans already passed the clean cr in the House, so they can negotiate, and Chuck Schumer primarily and some of his Democratic counterparts aren't willing to go ahead and vote because they're afraid of the Marxist left base of their party. And I think that message is starting to resonate with voters.
Speaker 7: What do you think, Well, I think this is a week actually, Gary Cheff, that this is a good time to be talking about this because it's all going to start coming to a head this week.
Speaker 6: And when I say that, I mean.
Speaker 7: Because this is the first round of folks who are still working not getting paychecks, you know, Ran Paul yesterday, I noticed in today this morning's newspaper said, you know, his comment was with his dry sense of humor that he has.
Speaker 6: I don't know about.
Speaker 7: You, but I want to make sure that my air traffic controller for my flight back today is is somebody who's getting paid.
Speaker 6: You know, this is when it's the rubber is starting to hit the road.
Speaker 7: You're having folks at TSA, You're having folks at the air traffic control of all the military. Are all these people who continue to work without pay? This is coming to a head this week. The other thing, though not really focused upon and any of the media that I'm reading, is that also this week, the people who are the and this comes from actually as you might expect from me from going to a bar recently, this hits with This hits with, you know, the people who are the working poor of America because also in the coming week, they won't start.
Speaker 6: Getting their new premium.
Speaker 7: Amounts for their health insurance that they've gotten under the ACA. And it's going to be interesting to see what those premiums do, because you make you know, you're talking about people who, in the instance of the person that I was speaking with, you know, probably I didn't ask her, but probably makes thirty to you know, thirty five thousand a year, you know, takes their tips and.
Speaker 6: Doesn't declare them.
Speaker 7: You know, and then gets her her health character the ACA thor the government. If that doubles triples for her, she can't afford it.
Speaker 6: So it's going to.
Speaker 7: Be interesting to see what happens this week with all of that coming to fruition, and what's going to happen, you know, in the coming weeks with the shutdown.
Speaker 2: We'll see the shoe still good, we can be talking about it. The shoe still goes back onto the Democrats' foot when it comes to the ACA subsidies, because they themselves voted to sunset these.
Speaker 6: Precisely.
Speaker 2: So I think I think the owners completely goes on the Democrats in all of this.
Speaker 7: Rick, Well, you know, the the interesting thing is when you talk about the oners, and I've been thinking about this a lot since you and I talked last night and and when we asked me if I was available today. The thing I've been thinking about is what impact will this have on the on the.
Speaker 6: On the interim elections?
Speaker 7: And I guess I came to the conclusion that the impact that we'll have is absolutely nothing.
Speaker 6: So let's that's.
Speaker 7: A that's a year away, and voters right now, their their memory is is about that of your your standard h standard poodle, you know who you tell to go fitch, fetch a ball and bring it back, and then about two minutes later they forget they're playing toss.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: You know, we change as voters.
Speaker 7: We change so often on the issues that impact us and atther to us that it is hard to tell what this will have a year from now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, Uh, I don't think that this is the make or break for the midterms, but there are some races that we need to talk about around the country that are crucial that are coming up next week. And then of course in in Sentina, there is a clear choice between more of the same, unacceptable as the current mayor who's running again actually says about public safety and crime in Cincinnati, and a guy who's offering a fresh alternative but happens to be a Republican. And there hasn't been a Republican elected to a major office in Cincinnati, and I don't know how long in Corey Bowman and these are these are very important crucial elections. But you know what, just like the New York City election, don't worry about the polls, concern yourself with a turnout, because that is going to be the difference precisely. And I think it's one of the things go ahead.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: One of thing was I was in Washington, DC recently up there on a business trip, and the one thing that I was was struck by Usually in the year out from an interim, one party is feeling a little bit like they're being kicked and one party is feeling pretty confident about whiter they're headed. It's really interesting in there right now because both parties feel that they have the edge in the interim. And I think it's interesting to look at that because.
Speaker 6: Both of them feel that.
Speaker 7: And when you look at these local elections, what the Democrats are really looking at is, yeah, we expect to win Democratic.
Speaker 6: These races. You got a couple of.
Speaker 7: Specials coming up next week, you got Tennessee coming up in a couple of weeks after that, you got the Cincinnati election coming up. They're looking at things and going, we should win these.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 7: I hope the margin is big. But if you get to the turnout issue, you're exactly dead on. You get to the turnout issue, and maybe it's just about if you suddenly look at New Jersey and Virginia and these races that are going on, if you look at at a slim margin, there's going to be a lot of Republicans doing a happy dance in DC.
Speaker 2: Oh. You know what the thing about Virginia specifically, you have Winsom Sears, who has been an underdog from the time that she announced for for the governorship of Virginia. And you know that that is a state that is so top heavy in certain sections with federal workers and people who work in Washington, d C. That there is.
Speaker 7: An interesting an interesting balance because you have Northern Virginia, which is the federal workers, but then you also have Norfolk which is all.
Speaker 6: Of the military.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, yeah exactly. And Spamberger has all of the Democrat push behind her, and uh actually the Democrat Party fully behind Spamberger. But when some Sears has made gains that nobody saw coming, and I you know, I want to talk about New Jersey for a second. I know we're here in the heart of the country, in the heartland, and they ignore us in New Jersey most of the time. We're not going to ignore them tonight because in a week, they will be deciding whether they continue with the same old, same old Democrat hierarchy that has existed since Chris Christy left office in Mikey Chryl or are they going to make real change with Jack Chittarelli, who's now on his third run for governor. But this time around, man, it's neck and neck.
Speaker 6: In New Jersey, it's neck and neck.
Speaker 7: But I got to believe that the Unions are going to get out of a Democratic.
Speaker 6: Vote there just because it's Jersey.
Speaker 7: And the one thing that I I you know, that I would would would caution.
Speaker 6: Going in, don't again, if you are on one.
Speaker 7: Side or the other, don't be expecting a big overthrowing either. Hear of these races, but look at the margin because that's what's going to tell the tale when it comes to the interims next year.
Speaker 6: Was going on in the.
Speaker 2: Margins, and I think the margins are going to be extremely slim in both cases, Virginia and New Jersey. I really did.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, and like I said, if we end up next week, if we're doing this show on next Wednesday, yeah, we're sitting around them. We're looking at the turnout and somebody's going to be dancing a jig and somebody is going to be shaking.
Speaker 2: Their head, no doubt about it. The New York City thing I heard earlier today someone talking and it wasn't necessarily a Republican or Republican strategist, but talking about the fact that Mandani's lead is now halved over Cuomo. I can't imagine Andrew Cuomo, after all of the baggage that he's carrying around, would win that that race somehow miraculously in New York City over the Communists that's running. Not a tim Democratic socialist is just a misnomer for communist or Marxist. If you talk about controlling, uh the means of production and you're talking about free grocery stores and free buses, yeah, they're they're free up to a point until you run out of money and you run out of rich people to pay them. Uh So.
Speaker 7: The old the old pgo rourk line. You know when they talk about healthcare. If you think healthcare is extense, now way to it's free.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. So we're looking at that and uh there's it's it's all about turnout once again, especially in New York City. Think about this, AOC has won this district that she's in, uh how many times now three four times. It's a district of about a seven hundred and fifty eight hundred thousand people. She is one with seventeen thousand votes. I mean, it's it's insane how low the voter turnout is in this city. And you know what, in Cincinnati, it's the same thing. The voter turnout is so pathetic Rick that no wonder we get total mediocrity out of the people that are elected in Cincinnati to serve as mayor and council people.
Speaker 7: It is amazing to me in off ecce election years, just the people that don't show up. And when you end up getting people that don't show up, you get exactly what you voted for, which is you voted for nothing, and you get that thing you get when you get to that point.
Speaker 2: I don't understand why people who are unhappy with their lives and with the service so called in quotes that they're receiving from their elected leaders continue to just become more and more apathetic over time. It just doesn't make any sense to me. And I'm someone who the first chance I had to vote in an election was nineteen eighty and I pretty much have voted every single time I've had the opportunity, maybe save one or two over the last forty five years.
Speaker 7: I had a few years on you, and I think my first was seventy six. But you are exactly right. I voted every time I've had the opportunity to. I can't think of any that I've missed over the years, although you know, I do have to look at it here. I I want to become a Charter right. I don't even know what that means, but it's kind of cool to not be a Republican or a Democrat. You know, I'm thinking of because I've been thinking about changing my party registration to WIG.
Speaker 6: You know, you know.
Speaker 7: But the idea that you could have a third party that actually still gets attention love that. I think that's one thing that I love about Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: I know plenty plenty of Libertarians, but I don't know many Libertarians who've gotten elected to office truly.
Speaker 6: Well you know, we we've they have gotten elected.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 7: If you look at for instance, in Kentucky, you look at Ken Paul and you are Ken Paul uh Rand Paul. Ken Paul was an old uh uh politician over here in northern Kentucky and you look at uh.
Speaker 6: I mean, you have.
Speaker 7: Two people that impact our little L Libertarians in their view of government.
Speaker 6: They they don't belong to the party.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 7: The interesting thing, and I don't know if it still is the case, you know, but Alaska was pretty was divided up between Republican Democrat independence and Big L Party Libertarians. Well, I mean you which made some of their legislative sessions for a long time very interesting.
Speaker 2: Well, to paraphrase about to paraphrase phrase, Sam wish you don't live in Alaska. You live in northern Kentucky.
Speaker 7: Listen, Rick, Well it's less you here to throw snowballs so in Alaska than it is northern Kentucky.
Speaker 2: So well, listen. I wanted to let you know, Rick, I will be on next Tuesday night from nine till midnight on election night, and if you have any time while we're looking at results and you'd like to speak again to see if we're doing a jigger shaking our heads, I'd love to have you on. It's all according to your availability.
Speaker 6: I'll be glad. I'll be glad to love to come on.
Speaker 7: You know, I always enjoy you know, election nights are to me so special because it's the one time where we show our we show our freedom, we show our liberty, walkout, you know. To me, it's the grade of son Christian holiday that we have in.
Speaker 6: The election day. I love I love those days so well. You know what.
Speaker 2: That reminds me of a quote from my former program director here, Darryl Parks, who always said politics are sports for geeks. Congratulations, right, have a good.
Speaker 1: Night, brother, Yes they are YouTube all right?
Speaker 2: Rick Robinson on the Nightcap as we continue. Just ahead, we have the Jim Lebarbara Rock and Roll archaeology segment from this past Saturday morning. Because some people just can't get up in time. And I'm a nice guy. It's the Nightcap on seven hundred w l W. As I mentioned before the break, we are welcoming back Doomsday. Dave the Mad Hatter, tech talk guy on a Tuesday night on a nightcap on seven hundred w l W, Garry Jeff and the aforementioned Dave Hatter, who was speaking today in Lexington. I don't I don't know who he was speaking to, but boy, aren't they lucky people? And now he's speaking to us.
Speaker 1: Dave, how are you I'm good and thank you for the kind compliment.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: It's always good to have you on lots of great information for people as we live in this crazy cyber world Internet of things, place that doesn't seem real. Sometimes speaking of not seeming real, sometimes human detection of political speech, deep fakes are becoming more and more widespread. Is that true or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a recent study, and I'm not at all surprised by the findings. I think if anyone just goes online and hits a site like Google's vo three or open ai Sora, you can create incredibly realistic videos at this point. And you know, certainly if you train the model with a real person's voice, you can create things that are going to seem very realistic see a first glance. So, you know, Gary, Jeff, you and I have been talking about this for years. People have been warning about deep fake and you know, just the general negative impact on society of deep fakes. But I think, you know, I'm a little surprised this didn't play out more in the last election cycle. As we head into the midterms and another presidential election in twenty twenty eight, it's hard for me to believe this isn't going to have more impact because the quality of these continue to improve very rapidly, and I don't think most people really understand just how realistic these things already are. Again, I go check out VO three, go check out Soora, see what they're capable of, and I think the average person that they haven't seen these things will be shocked at how realistic this video is. It's only going to improve. So, you know, I think it gets us back to you really are now out of place where you can't believe anything that you see, and you have to verify everything because there's a strong possibility, especially if it impacts anything important in the real world, that it fake.
Speaker 2: Well, see, there are the problem with this is there are so many examples of real videos out there that are so hard to believe. I mean, if you you look at say the Katie Porter woman who's running for governor out in California, I mean, there's absolutely bonafide evidence that she's said some bonafide awful things on camera and embarrassed herself. And then you introduce the deep Fix into this pool, this cesspool of information that the voters are trying to glean from. I mean, there's a lot of stuff that we know is real, it's really hard to believe.
Speaker 1: Would you agree, yes, And I think you're making a really interesting point, but kind of from the alternative approach I was coming from that people will create deep sake videos that are false to you know, put forth the narrative to make the candidate look bad whatever. But you now, because of the quality of these things, have the opposite potentiue where someone says, well, I didn't actually say that, that's a deep take. And you know, if you if you get down to the last minute before an election, right during the last day or two, whether something services it's real, and then someone wants to claim it's a deep take, or vice versus, someone creates a deep fake to paint someone in a negative light and releases it. You know, thanks to the speed of social media and the difficulty of vetting these things, sometimes you know, it can have a real negative impact on an election. Not to mention Gary Jeff Okay, I want to frame someone for committing a crime, well, here's a video or audio of them sitting or doing something they didn't do. Or again vice versa, I show up in court and say, well, that's not me. That's a deep fath So you know, we're headed into really uncharted waters with this AI generative AI capability to create audio and video. And the last point I would make about it is, I just want to reiterate this. Thok. Don't take my word for it. Go see these things for yourself, and be aware that any phone call you get, any conversation you have, you could be talking to someone that has stolen the voice. People will say, well, I'm I'm not a radio celebrity like Gary Jeff Walker. How would you get my voice? You got a voicemail greeting on your phone? Because that you do, I can record your voicemail greeting, feed it into one of these free tools, and I can be you in about fifteen minutes. I have actually done this several times to prove to people it's real. This is a real thing, and it's it's gonna get worse before it gets better. People get to be skeptical.
Speaker 2: Dave Hatter, I'm just flattered that you called me a radio personality. That's so nice.
Speaker 1: Celebrity, Gary Jeff not just a personality, but it's celet celebrity.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is why I have you on. You know, here's another story for Dave Hatter tonight on the Night Cap AI attacks Surge. I didn't know that AI was here to attack US. I thought it was here to help US. AI attack surge. As Microsoft process one hundred trillion signals daily, number one, what are AI attacks and how can there possibly be that many signals every day?
Speaker 1: Well, you have to understand how they define signal. But think about that for a second. One hundred trillion trillion, not billions with a trillion with with a trill. Yeah, And I mean if you think about just the vast scale of that, and that's every day. So Microsoft obviously has a huge footprint many you know, millions of companies are using the Microsoft platform microsoftly sixty five as you're etc to run their businesses out of their clouds. So I think you know, at first off, it shows you the sheer scale that they're dealing with. And secondarily, I would argue, now you may not be a Microsoft fan, but I would argue that the sheer volume they're dealing with gives you some insight into the fact that they know what they're talking about. When they tell you you should do X, Y or C, you know that number has gone up drastically in the last few years. I can remember a few years ago. Fighting is very statistic, and I think it was like a trigger signals today. So I think it's a combination of more people using their platform, more attacks directed at their platform as a result. And then you know the angle this articles taking that AI is hewing these attacks. You know, AI can be used in all kinds of different ways, in some beneficial ways, in some malignant ways. In this particular case, it might be okay, instead of me as a hacker trying to log into people's accounts because they have bad passwords, and they'll multifactor authentication, which by the way, is one of the things Microsoft says is part of this report. You should be using multi factor authentication instead of me sitting there doing that. I could use some sort of AI agent to try to do that on my behalf. You know, it doesn't get tired, it doesn't take breaks, it doesn't call in sinct, so you know, bad guys are using AI. There was a recent story from Perplexity, a company that builds these AI chat pots, that a hacker basically use their platform to do a bunch of research to find companies that had none vulnerabilities, then build attacks against those non vulnerabilities, deal whatever they could analyze the data using the AI tool to figure out how could they get money out of these people, So you know, whether it's the deep sake angle we just talked about before, or using this, you know, automated capabilities to help you find problems to exploit, to help you figure out how to exploit problems once you've found them, to figure out how to analyze whatever you've stolen, to figure out where it might have some value, you know, sadly per Microsoft, it's all of those things. And then that report again, I just want to reiterate because I say this all the time, and I know people roll their eyes. Whether it's Microsoft, it's Google, it's DHS, it's FBI. Multifacture authentication keeps coming up. It's one of the most basic things you can do to protect your accounts, your personal accounts, your business accounts. It is not foolproof. Bad guys are increasingly coming up with ways to work around multi factor authentication to be able to get into your accounts anyway. But Microsoft just said in this most recent report that it will block as up to nine nine of credential based attacks In other words, I'm trying to use trying to get your username of password and then log into your account to see what I can steal, to figure out how I can maneuver around through your environment until I find something more stew or to send out things you know under your name because I'm impersonating you. Account takeovers are the main type of attack that we see in our business. Carry Jeff, and again, multi factor authentication it's not perfect, but it will block a lot of this stuff. And unless you are being explicitly targeted, most bad guys will just move on to a softer target. So again, don't take my words for it. See what Microsoftware the FBI has to say about this.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, the thing is, Dave, is that multi factor authentication is really not hard to use. I mean, I use it every day here so I can get paid. To fill out my time card, I have to use an MFA and it's it takes me an extra two seconds of time to use MFA, and yet it protects my time card, it protects the company from someone you know, getting involved in something that they don't belong in.
Speaker 1: It's again, it's not foolproof, but it is trivially easy to configure. It doesn't take very long. I know people get frustrated to have to keep entering those codes, but it really, truly is one of the simplest things, and it's free. I might add that you can do to protect your personal accounts, to protect your business accounts. And people will also say things to me like, well, why do I care if someone gets into my email? Why do I care about MFA? Why do I care about having a strong, unique password all that stuff? View pointy heads tell me, Dave, why do I care about that? If I can get into your email account? Think about this for a second carriage, Jeff. If you forget your password for any website out there, how does that usually work? Well, it sends an email to the email account you have on file. If I can get into your email account and I can see any of the any website you interacted with, I can potentially go there ask for a password reset. It comes to your now compromised email box. That is a bad actor I'm controlling. I reset all your passwords. I take over all your accounts, your bank, your insurance, you name it. I can potentially take over all of your accounts if I can compromise one or more of your email.
Speaker 2: Account because so it will ask you forgot your password. Yeah, and it's just a few hoops you've got to jump through to have a new password. And then the person who was hacked into your email and gotten into your accounts you can't get into your account because the password is no longer the same and somebody else that is just wreaking havoc in your name.
Speaker 1: Sadly, that is exactly correct. I've seen it happen many times. And this is why you really need to consider your email account or accounts highly sensitive. You need to have a strong, unique password for each one. You need to turn on MSA on as a time house, because again, if I get into your email, it's entirely possible I will literally take over your whole life and do who knows what to you.
Speaker 2: And once again, MFA means multi factor authentication, nothing else, all right, correct? Next story Dave hadd sixty minutes spotlighting Chinese hacking of Massachusetts town's utility network. I just had this conversation with Jim Ornac earlier tonight. He's now temporarily on the city council of his hometown of Wadsworth, Ohio, where he once once mayor and they had a problem with their power grid. They were out for like twelve hours because one poll went down in a town of twenty five thousand people and there was no backup grid. So anyway, this Chinese hacking of a town's utility network is equally problematic and something that these city councils and state governments, alot of the federal government is going out, have to address.
Speaker 1: Couldn't agree with you more this. This really keeps me up at night, especially when I put my mare's hat on. Gary, Jeff, Now, you know we don't supply utilities to the residents of Fort right. You know, the water comes from the water district, sanitation comes from the sanitation district, the electricity comes from Duke. But that's not the case across many states and across many municipalities. And again, I'm really glad you brought this up, because, first off, it's a great opportunity for me to get on my soapbox a little at. Ohio recently passed the law House Bill ninety six. Jim will probably know about this. House Bill ninety six requires all quote political subdivisions unquote in Ohio, think local governments to implement certain cybersecurity protections. Now it's not they're not asking you, they're telling you you must do this. There's three things, one of which includes a cybersecurity program. Is this perfect? No, It's a great step in the right direction, though, because now it's forcing local governments to start to take these things seriously with potential consequences that they don't. I bring that up before I answer your specific question, because I think you and I have talked about this before. I've been working for a long time in Kentucky to get Kentucky to follow Ohio's lead on many cybersecurity right of things. Ohio, to a large extent, has their act together, is doing an amazing job showing some real leadership in this space. And I have to try to say, hey, our friends that they'll hire are doing all these really smart things. Could we just follow their lead? And I also want to say one last thing before I answer your question. The folks in Ohio who have been behind these initiatives have been unbelievably helpful. I mean, I call these people up, they give me all their information, they tell me who sponsored the bill, they point me in the right direction. Just super helpful. But the story you point out there with Jim's municipality. You know, again, when you get into a place where these municipalities are providing critical services, and even if you take the electricity out of it, you take the water out of it, pretty critical of modern life. You got to get the ambulances out, You've got to get the police out. You know, first responders are providing life saving services for people. If your systems are down and you can't provide those services, it's no longer just the threat of, well they stole some data about our employees or our residents, or we lost some money because we had to make a ransomware payment. It's I can't provide the critical services of my constituents expect and depend on. Frankly, and you know, I've been beating this drum for a long long time, Gary, Jeff again, I kind of see those sides of this working in the business and cybersecurity and also having been involved in local government in northern Kentucky for a long time, and this is the kind of thing that keeps me up to night. Imagine if you could knock out like the main dispatch center and they were offline for days or weeks, and this may sound far affetched to people, but look no further than Jaguar. Jaguar just had a massive cybersecurity incident. They've been down for almost two months. They had to lay off thousands of people. They have their suppliers laid off people. The last that I saw was they had lost around two billion dollars because of downtime caused by a cyber attack. And that's terrible. Will they survive, I don't know. It's terrible for the business, it's terrible for the people that work there, it's terrible for their suppliers. But imagine again if that were a local government or many local governments, and the ambulance doesn't show up when you're having a critical health exit, or the police don't show up when you need them to come. And as crazy as it sounds to people, that's where we are in this sixty minute story out of Boston. That's not the first example, carry Jeff, of municipal agencies that have been attacked, in some cases had systems manipulated, systems knocked offline. Know there have been many recent cyber attacks in the Greater Cincinnati metro on local governments that have gotten suppressed. So cattering health not exactly a local government. But if you're having a heart attack and you're on your way to the hospital and they can't provide services because this iss it down, that's a problem for all of us in the real world. Yes, got to get serious about this. And again kudos to Ohio House Bill ninety six for leading.
Speaker 6: The way on this.
Speaker 2: All right, two minutes, this is the this is the last. This is a fast track here. Dave big Brother truly is watching. AI traffic cop catches thousands of drivers texting behind the wheel.
Speaker 1: I'm sure this comes as no surprise to you. This story comes from the UK, considering that they seem to be going with every sort of Poor William panopticon might DYSTOPI a nightmare you can imagine there. But apparently, and at least some jurisdictions, they've rolled out this AI traffic cop if you will, and you know, it uses a series of cameras. It looks in your car. It tries to determine are you on the phone, are you using a GPS? You know, are you basically distracted driving? And or are you wearing your seat belt? Now I get that there's a strong argument why those of those things are good. You. Wearing your seat belt is good for you. You not distracted driving is good for everyone else on the road.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 1: But you know, AI makes some mistakes all the time. That's one of the reasons why I don't think it's anywhere nearly as it doesn't live up to the hype that today would.
Speaker 6: Have you believe.
Speaker 1: Now. I'm not saying it'll never get there, but it makes mistakes all the time. The facial recognition doesn't always work right. So to me, this is a concerning look into where we may be headed in the future where you're essentially just under constant dystopian surveillance from this stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it doesn't always work right. I'll catch at least five people doing it on my way up seventy one. Sure, but I don't have I don't have the uh. I don't have the authority to make a citizens harest like an Andy Griffith.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what we need, Gomer Pyle out there doing some citizens arrest.
Speaker 2: Dave Hatter, thank you as always for your time, sir. It's always a pleasure, and we will do it again soon. I hope my pot pray all right. Yeah, the mad Hatter on the Nightcap, and there is still much more. Michael lets from invest USA on the way next, and we will finish off with the fur ball before we're done tonight seven hundred WLW. As we begin this hour of this nightcap on Tuesday night, October twenty eight, twenty five, on seven hundred WLW, Gary Jeff welcoming into our midst the great Todd Sheets, author of two thousand and eight What Really Happened and writing currently on wealth and Progress. You can see it on substeck. And when I saw this piece that you wrote, Todd Trump versus the Blue Cities, it kind of ties right into the whole half hour of what we're talking about. I have Michael Letts joining us from invest USA, who's got a thirty year career in law enforcement, so it kind of does time. And we're going to talk a little bit about Trump protecting blue cities who apparently have a problem with protecting themselves in my opinion, but you're right. Over the past few months, President Trump has deployed troops into Washington, d C, Los Angeles, Portland, and Chicago with a stated intention of protecting ice agents and federal property and restore safety and security for the city's residents. Democrat governors and mayors have reacted with outrage. At one level, their frustration seemed to be an outgrowth of an overarching narrative that has come to dominate party thinking, i e. That Trump represents an existential threat to democracy and his troop deployments, seen in this light, are the beginning of a hostile takeover of Democratic enclaves. Todd sheets, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Gary, thanks for having me again. Delighted to be with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great to have you. And so you break it all down in this latest peace. The reasons why why these Democrat enclaves are so vehemently against these moves of troop deployments into their little safe spaces. They say, it's a violation of the Posse Commatanas Act, an infringement on states rights and local control. Politically motivated to create a misleading narrative of lawlessness in Democrat jurisdictions. Well, I mean, the videos in the cameras don't lie, Todd. An escalation of tensions that could provoke a provoke a violent response, and it certainly has in places like Portland, Oregon, and outside of Chicago. At the Ice detention center, an affront to local law enforcement, and a misuse of military resources. So let's sort through all these things. Todd, in your opinion, is Trump's troop deployments in these blue cities a violation of the Posse Commatatas Act.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so I kind of break that down into three categories. And first we go through all these arguments, and then there's three categories, one of which is the legal issues involved with posse comitatus. Clearly falls into that category, along with like the question of are the allegation that he's violating the balance of power between the federal government and states and municipalities, And you know, I think the key thing there, as I point out, is like, you know, there are legal scholars that we could find that would write very impressive papers or make very impressive arguments on either side of this, which is kind of the way our legal system is supposed to work. You know, each side has their representation and so. But but the simplest thing to do, I think is to simply follow what is happening in the courts where these cases are being tried before judges who have spent their lives focusing, you know, on the law and are hearing both sides and then trying to apply the law as they see.
Speaker 1: Fit within the system. And they're also part of an appellate process, which is.
Speaker 8: There to protect people from you know, individual mishaps or bad decisions.
Speaker 1: But it seems like the left doesn't want to do that because they don't like the fact that Trump has won on many different you know, in many different cases you know, that have gone before the judges all the way up to the Supreme Court. So what I'm kind of arguing is, well, let's get away from all of that and let's just say is he or is he not complying with the judicial decisions that are coming down. And I think if we go into places like Portland and Chicago, where there are ice agents present right now and there are troops that are in the area but have not been deployed into the city because they're waiting for the judicial process to work its way through, it's pretty clear that, you know, he's not steam rolling the rule of law. He's actually adhering to it and following what the court cases are deciding. And I think that the real kind of you know, steamrolling of.
Speaker 8: The law, if you will, is coming from the left, who was saying, well, you know, we're not so interested in the rule of law as in having the law ruled as we want it to be ruled.
Speaker 1: And if it's not ruled that way, then we're going to be very frustrated by it.
Speaker 2: And we'll we'll kick and scream. And I've often said Todd that it seems to me like the left, if they can't win at the ballot box, they go to court. If they can't win in the courts, they try and win in the streets as kind of a last violent resort. And we've seen that play out as well. You mentioned Los Angeles in the piece, and how you know the governor obviously the mayor of Los Angeles totally against the deployment of troops back in June in LA by Donald Trump. And if the effort was to under city control or to take over a Democrat enclave like LA in I mean southern California, it's a one party state. We all know that. Then why is the city government continuing to function independently? Why are the police still Los Angeles Police and they've not been federalized. You make a good point there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think there's two very important points and you've hit the first one.
Speaker 6: Which is that.
Speaker 1: Yes, they did escalate the troop deployments for a period of time. They first went to eight hundred and then all the way up to forty seven hundred. And the first point that you've just made is if the intention was to take over the state or engage in a hostile takeover, which would fit into this narrative that Trump is an existential threat to democracy that I think defines almost everything that the far left you know, does and seize with respect to Trump. But if that was the case, they would have taken over these you know, elements of government while they had the maximum truth troop accounts.
Speaker 6: They didn't.
Speaker 1: And then the second thing is if that were still the narrative, then he would have kept those troops there or escalated them. But in fact what's happened is once things calmed down, you know, they've pulled out over ninety percent of the peak level of troop deployment into the LA area. So it's very clear that this is not a hostile takeover the government. This does not fit the narrative of an existential threat to democracy. And so you know what you see is then the arguments just shift on to some other element of this, like the Posse Comma Tatis Act, the legality issues which we just talked about, or the political issues with respect to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there has been an escalation of tensions. I mean, you can't deny that in certain places. But again that's being fueled by the left. It's not anything that President Trump has done. In my view.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 8: And one of the things I do in the subject piece that you referenced is I go to a little thing and say, you know, just imagine, let's say that these governors and mayors, you know, didn't agree with the idea of sending troops into their cities. But instead of stirring up, you know, this kind of harsh and violence, violent response, they just came out and said, we don't think it's necessary, but we are going to work with the President to make sure that this all goes as smoothly as possible. We urge the citizens not to protest or fight back, or fire on or throw projectiles, flammable projectiles or anything else. And then we are also going to be using our resources in addition to working with the national troops to make sure that the rights of every one are followed, and this means everybody from the citizens of LA to the federal troops who are doing their jobs there, to the local law enforcement who has a role, and even to the immigrants or the illegal immigrants to the extent you know that they do have rights under the law to prove that, you know, either they were here or they're not here legally in that kind of thing. And if they had taken that tone, I think we would not be seeing anything like the level of violence that we're seeing in all these videos right now. But instead they chose, you know, to turn this into kind of an inflammatory situation.
Speaker 2: Now everything is a political ploy. It seems everything is political performance theater, and a lot of that acting is coming on behalf of the Left. Todd sheets on Wealth and Progress. You can read it in the sub stack his latest piece, Trump versus the Blue Cities. Thank you so much for your time tonight, Dodd. I really appreciate you.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Gary.
Speaker 1: I hope you have a great evening and the rest of the.
Speaker 6: Week as well.
Speaker 2: Hey you too. Michael Letts from invest USA on the continuing attacks on ice and law enforcement. Next, as I promised, my friend from invest USA, a multi year veteran of law enforcement, Michael Lets rejoins us on the Nightcap. Mike, there's a bunch going on, so let's hit the ground running. The US Ford has just been deployed to the Caribbean. You're telling me it looks like we're going into Venezuela.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's true. To give you a quick background, remember the president that said we were not only going to seal the borders and keep grows from coming in, but if they continue to try to come in, which you remember they decided to go on the southern borders to go up to Canada and try to work their way down, that we would just find where the problem was at and eliminated at its very source. How are we doing that. We've got two destroyers off the California coast to make sure any come on home for the Pacific side two months ago gets inted. We've got two yep in addicted, we've got two in the Gulf of America to do the same thing. And now we've sent we had four ships, two cruises, two destroyers off the coast of Venezuela. Now we've sent an entire battle group, the one of our most advanced battle groups, the aircraft carrier, the USS Ford and all of its support supply ships off there. We have sunk now twelve hips off the Venezuelan coasts that we're laden with drugs, fel other drugs ordinances and turn thet gang members. We've put twelve them to the bottom. People get upset, you know, give them them due process. Folks, though, and quickly reminds you every one of these cases we fired one across the bottle. You think for a minute they wanted to stop and let us board and seize their cargoing and the rest their people. They thought they would try to challenge the US Navy. Big mistakes after that, we now have ten thousand troops. It's the support ships off the coast of Venezuela. We have all of our special Forces, special off teams and our assertion aircraft there. We very clearly send a message, if you will not keep your drugs out of our jurisdiction and trying to bring in America, we will eliminate it. It appears that their answer is very clear. They're wanted to test American strength. Colombia is joining them, so this may be more than just Venezuela. We are prepared to move in. Now we have all the necessary elements, support elements in the area. People get upset. They're calling me saying we're going to war. No no, no, no, no, no. War requires a declaration of the Congress. And don't be hollering at me saying what are you doing. This is not the first time I've done this. We did it in Panama, we did it in Granada. Whenever there is a national or threat to national security, we can go in and eliminate that threat. Going to war means that we're going to go in top of the government occupied the place, et cetera, et cetera. We're not going to do any of that. I tell people, give us forty eight hours and we'll be gone. We're going to go in. We're not going to go in and kick their little teapots over. We're going to eliminate it. There will be no more people dealing drugs in Columbia are in Venezuela. We're going to eliminate the issue. Regardless of what it takes keep Americans protected and free us how many hundreds of thousands of American children have been killed because of them, We're going to do the same thing in southern Mexico. Why is that the Southern cartels have now placed a ten thousand dollars bounty on the head of every ice and every law enforcement agent killed in the United States. We're not going to stand by and tolerate that. Remember they did that in Northern Mexico. They said that initially when we shut them waders down back in February, they said, you know, in retaliation, if Americans come across here, going to harm them. We didn't do anything. We warned people not to go. We were nine college students went across anyway. They were captured, tortured and murdered, and we said, okay, you won't play that game. We're not going to advertise it, but that would be the last thing you do. You know, as you haven't heard another word out of the Northern cartels and the reason why they don't exist, well, in the case special.
Speaker 2: For Michael and in the case of in the case of Venezuela, we know Maduro is directing these cartels and and they control that country. And Trendea Ragua has already been designated as a terrorist group by our president, by our government. And if Maduro is the head of Trendea Ragua, then he's an international terrorist too. And if it's just because he's in charge of a country illegitimately like Venezuela, doesn't mean that he's beyond our reach.
Speaker 5: Right, well, our exactly, and our intel can tells us that if we go in and take out the forces, the drug forces, the maderra will last more than an hour and they'll be a replace. So it was governed by his old people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, last why we'll over throw him very quickly.
Speaker 2: Well, I found out last night, Michael Letz, that there's another angle besides the importation of fatal fentanyl and other drugs from these countries coming into our country and killing hundreds of thousands of American citizens. But there is also a plot which is not broadcast on mainstream media at all, by Maduro in Venezuela and Brazil to take over the country of Guyana, which is the northern neighborhood of Venezuela, because they have one of the richest supplies of oil in South America that's just been discovered. So they're trying to corner the oil market. And it does behoove our country to protect American interests that way, So it is. It is a multi pronged, multi layered reason for US to be watching very closely and stopping Venezuela and Brazil in any other country in South America that wants to threaten US interests.
Speaker 5: You're exactly right, Ken, and they have you know, the President maderra I sent an urgent message Trump, what can we do to rectify this situation? And the response from Trump has been very poignant. You had your chance, yeah, and you have refused to protect American lives and interests, and we will take action accordingly.
Speaker 6: In Illinois, we are poised and ready to go.
Speaker 2: In Illinois, they are trying to They're trying to bring criminal charges or make criminal charges against Ice for merely upholding the law of Michael. That's another angle of this conversation. We don't have a whole lot of time to cover that, but yeah, the.
Speaker 5: Same thing is happening in Appointed Gavin Newsom, the speaker, former Speaker of ALS, Nancy Pelosi are urging dating local law enforcement to arrest HEUS members. I will remind them that is an obstruction of justice and it will not work. The first of all, they're going to get hurt. Second of all, we're going to go after people like Gavin Newsom and the former speaking all and charge them with the social justice and they will face penalties for their actions.
Speaker 2: Remember, if you want to help local law enforcement and law enforcement nationwide, one of the groups that's doing their best to protect them is invest USA, of which Michael Lets is the president. It's great to have you on tonight, Michael. I appreciate your time. Any last words you'd like to leave us with this evening.
Speaker 5: It's great that we've got a president that realizes that America is back to be respected. God bless you, God bless America. Keep up the good work united.
Speaker 6: We stand.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Amen, Thank you. Michael from invest USA. Will close out with the fur ball right afternoons, which is next on seven hundred W l W. They always say finished with a flourished and I can't finish any more flourished than with the fur ball. And that's all the f's I have for right now. But we're early on in the conversation. Andy Furman joins us on the night Cap on this Tuesday evening. Good evening, mister Furman, how are.
Speaker 1: You good evening?
Speaker 3: How are you to Tuesdays roll around so quickly?
Speaker 1: I can't wait. It's really good. It's good to talk to you.
Speaker 2: I love I love the well, I love the Jewish vampire accident. That was really good, good evening. So I told you that a week ago, last Tuesday night, as I was going to bed, I lost my balance. I was not drunk, not inebriated, not any any way, compromise that I can tell you. I lost my balance and I fell in the bedroom. I was like two steps from me on the floor, two steps from being in the bed with my wife who was fast asleep, and I fell and I fell right on her violin case. It was sitting on the floor of the bedroom, which is very hard, and I think, I I'm almost sure I broke ribs. I never went to the hospital.
Speaker 1: Silly thing to do.
Speaker 3: What are you trying to do, like gymnastic tricks or something like that. Why would you do that?
Speaker 2: It wasn't planned, It wasn't anything I I asked for. It just happened.
Speaker 6: And you're sipathy.
Speaker 1: Is that why you're telling me this? Your suggested spathy?
Speaker 3: I mean, are you trying to tell the audience right now, like, Wow, I showed up for you for this show because I'm in pain. No one cares, really, no one cares.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I care.
Speaker 1: I cared for you because I know it must you.
Speaker 2: Say no one, So I figured you were including yourself in the no one about the caring part.
Speaker 3: But you know what, we got business to take care of. We could talk about that later.
Speaker 1: This important.
Speaker 2: Do you promise this? You promised that we can talk about it later, maybe even tonight, after we get through the important stuff. Okay, yes, Well what's so important? What's so important?
Speaker 1: What's more important?
Speaker 3: I thought after the Bengals, After the Bengals lost. I mean, you know, I love the media, not the national media as much as the local media, because the national media always beats the local media on stories. Why I don't know, But maybe that's because maybe that's a certain person delegated to that topic and they to get the story. I mean, that's probably the reason why.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: They got they got bigger, they got bigger budgets, probably.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably so the biggest standard. I mean, there were scientists certain things, but the local media all of a sudden, now, woe is me.
Speaker 1: The Bengals are losing.
Speaker 3: They they don't care, they don't care. Let me tell you something. I really this is like a trade secret. Those that do talk radio in the world of sports are happy when the local team loses because that's when the phones line up. That's when this controversy, that's when you could yell and scream and say fire the coach to do the bullet.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you that's the way it is. They don't care. They put on the facade like, oh, you know, they.
Speaker 3: Need to get defense, they need to get better this. They know you're happy that they lose. First of there's there's nothing gains.
Speaker 1: When they win. Think about that.
Speaker 3: Does a local talk show hosts gain anything when they win?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. You care about one thing and one thing all you know.
Speaker 3: What that is your ratings, your revenue, and your show. And your show is better when they lose. I promise you. That's the name of the game.
Speaker 1: Now, I know you may not agree, but you know it's true.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if it's better when your local team loses.
Speaker 3: But you don't want to better for a talk show host, not for the city, not for the team.
Speaker 2: You don't want to you're not telling me that. After the nineteen ninety victory by the Reds and the sweep and the World Series. The talk radio wasn't booming. Then you're not telling me that you have to.
Speaker 5: Win it all.
Speaker 1: No, you have to win it all or be a loser.
Speaker 3: Like this year with the Reds mediocre. It was like, you know, teasing, they're teasing me.
Speaker 1: It seems to me, and that's it.
Speaker 2: It seems to me like the like when the Bengals last went to the Super Bowl in Joe Burrow's second year. Uh, it's big it all they did, they did. They did lose ultimately in the Super Bowl to the Rams.
Speaker 1: But they made the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: But but yeah, talk radio, talk radio electric after the Bengels had that success. Andy, So, I don't know if you're telling me the truth or not.
Speaker 3: On a week two week basis, the local talk show hosts host love when they lose because the phone lines light up. Fire this guy, get rid of this guy. This guy's a bump. Really, you know all all preseason, you gotta sign Jamar Chase, you gotta sign t Higgins. Now I'm hearing the talk shows. Now they had too much money on the offensive side of the ball. See that's what it's all about.
Speaker 1: Controversy. There's no happy medium really.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I always say, and you use that term happy medium. If anyone could really truly foresee the future, they'd be miserable. There are no such things as happy mediums because they know how bleak the future really is.
Speaker 5: Andy, It's not bleaked.
Speaker 1: The future is great. Everybody looks forward to the studio.
Speaker 2: The future, the future, the future, and this Bengals team is bleak. And I'm not trying to agree. I'm not trying to harvest any kind of hostility or animosity or generate phone calls because you're the only phone call that matters right now.
Speaker 3: Well, I will tell you this because in the car yesterday and I heard a phone call saying that this Bengals team will never win as long as Mike Brown owns a team. And I was almost tempted to pull over the side of the road and call in.
Speaker 1: Really, because what does.
Speaker 3: Mike Brown have to do with missing tackles? I don't understand why he gets such a bad rock. I know he's the owner of the team, but come on, get off his back. I mean, I think he's a wonderful man, and God bless him, he's ninety years old. I would love to see him get a Super Bowl ring, oh before his time is up. And now I'm very cole to say he doesn't want to win. What moron owning a team does not want to win?
Speaker 1: Tell me about that. Really, if you want a team you don't want to win, that he.
Speaker 3: May not know that there's wo to win, and then but he certainly wants to win.
Speaker 2: And then there's the other side of the issue. And people might argue this, Andy, in response to what you just said, maybe Mike Brown wins every season. Mike Brown and the Brown family wins every season. And you can make that argument because they are multimillionaires. They don't lose money, and in fact, they they absolutely cash in Bengals.
Speaker 3: With the owner of the Carolina Panthers too.
Speaker 1: You can say that about everyone because.
Speaker 3: I will say this, bake, keep on losing, they will take a big hit.
Speaker 1: Is for a season tickets to concern and you remember several years ago I do that was like thirty thousand a game.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 1: It is revenue right there that would be lost.
Speaker 2: I agree, but I'm just saying that from a business standpoint, the Brown family wins, including Mike, every single game because they're in the black.
Speaker 3: He played football at Dartmouth. He wants to win. He's in it to win.
Speaker 1: Believe it. What they want to win?
Speaker 2: Well, hold on, hold on, hold on. He played football at Dartmouth. He wants to win. When was Dartmouth's last winning season?
Speaker 3: Andy, I have no idea, but you know he played college football. Reggie Williams played at Dartmouth. A lot of players people play at Dartmouth. I mean, what's wrong with Dartmouth? I mean, really, I don't know.
Speaker 2: People have been asking that question for years when it comes to Dartmouth football. What's wrong with Dartmouth. I'm looking it up right now. Dartmouthshire, I know where it is. Yeah, they're not for football for academics. Listen, let me tell you about Dartmouth. Dartmouth is second in the IVY League, the Big Green Football. You know they still have to play. They have to play Harvard coming up this coming Saturday, then Princeton, then Cornell and then Brown. We're back to the Brown family.
Speaker 1: I think that the worst is over.
Speaker 2: So there's their.
Speaker 3: Second and so I guess if you play.
Speaker 2: If you play football at Dartmouth, you do care about winning. You were right. Mike Brown played football at Dartmouth, and he cares about.
Speaker 3: Obviously you never played sports or never I did play.
Speaker 1: You put the uniform on.
Speaker 6: I don't care who you are.
Speaker 3: You could play stickball in the park, Okay, you could as lom as you put a uniform on your competing in the game you want to win.
Speaker 2: Did you have Did you have stickball uniforms back in Brooklyn, Andy?
Speaker 1: No, we just blow t shirts.
Speaker 2: So you just used their uniform reference. Let me tell you something. I proudly put on the uniform of the Knox DAWs Red Raiders in eight to ninth grade playing basketball.
Speaker 1: I just well, if you lost, you felt a little down for me.
Speaker 2: I just I just wanted to get in the game. Forget forget about wanting to win. You know, if we were being blown out or we're blowing someone out on either side, I usually got in. And there was one game against Mount Juliet this is in Tennessee, ninth grade basketball, where me and a guy named Tommy Gwill both got in the game. The team was down by five points as we entered the fourth quarter. The coach was furious with the starters. He put us in and we brought the team back and we won the game because of our contribution to do.
Speaker 1: I'm just curious, what did you have to do with it? I mean we what was your game.
Speaker 2: I had? I had two steals, one a stolen pass and one uh stolen on the dribble. And I had a fast break lay up. I had a twenty foot shot that went straight through, and I had a mid range jumper just below the free throw line in the middle of traffic. I scored six points in the fourth quarter. This is in junior high basketball. Andy had two spins and two rebounds. What do you mean what happened? I was a super sill.
Speaker 3: You peak, You peaked too early in life, That's what happened.
Speaker 1: No, I mean I was I guess right.
Speaker 2: I was five foot I was five foot ten, and I had white Man's disease. I mean I could touch the rim, but that was about it. But I did care about winning. You're right, you put on the uniform. You care about winning.
Speaker 6: No doubt, no doubt.
Speaker 3: But he here's the thing now, losing and the Bangalos are losing, and there was a terrible loss that may have been the worst loss in Zach Zack Taylor's career.
Speaker 1: Here in sustain the game away right. So, but I will tell you this.
Speaker 3: So yesterday I believe it was I had a.
Speaker 1: Player's only meeting.
Speaker 3: So what is that you know that? You know what that does? I mean the average Joseph that's good. The players can't having him. No, it's a finger pointing where the locker room is beginning to crack.
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 3: Finger pointing like you're not doing your job.
Speaker 1: Play better.
Speaker 3: Get Really, I would say this, and they talk about Duke tobh they talking about Zach Taylor.
Speaker 1: Here's the bottom line. You need it. We certainly talked about this, maybe even a week ago.
Speaker 6: You need a.
Speaker 3: Coach that's a leader that could get respect, that has played the game, that has been there, done that, and also puts a little bit of fear in these players. These guys love Zach Taylor. Zach Taylor is a wonderful man. He's a good husband, a good father, good family man, a very nice guy. Maybe he's too nice a guy to be a coach. That's the problem. Dan Campbell will cheer you up and spit you out, and that's why Detroy Lions win.
Speaker 6: All Right.
Speaker 3: You look at these coaches that have an attitude, that are tough, that give you that stare.
Speaker 1: The media are afraid of these guys.
Speaker 3: Really the postgame news conferences, they're friend. Ask Dan Campbell a question, really many'll know. But again and with Zach Taylor, it's like it's different and they need to get a coach who could bring discipline. These guys aren't bad. They're not bad football players in the National Football And you know this as well as anybody else. There's not that much of a difference between Team A.
Speaker 1: And T B with talent.
Speaker 3: If you make the NFL, you're pretty good, but you need to be developed by a coach who could bring the best out of you.
Speaker 2: Well under the under the guys of you gotta you gotta be a tough as nuts kind of guy to be a successful NFL coach. What about Andy Reid? He doesn't seem like he's that that bearish on the sideline.
Speaker 3: Respect you're because Marv Levy was not tough.
Speaker 1: I don't really, you know.
Speaker 3: So there are guys that's successful, but it's the personality. They're good leaders and players believe in them. Yeah, and they'll get them.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I am sure that players could come to me things late with the Bengals have nothing to said, really, I mean I I've talked to players that played for Bill Belichick. They said they would sit there watch ten minutes earlier just for fear of being.
Speaker 1: Late to a meeting. That's what they do.
Speaker 3: I don't think that happens. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean Zach Taylor's coaching expertise has been questioned all along as play calling is always questions, and it certainly was and it seems like there were no tea there's no teeth to that defense once again on Sunday against the team that had not won a game yet in the NFL.
Speaker 3: And you know, the running game was was rolling, yes, and they stop the second half?
Speaker 6: They didn't.
Speaker 2: They didn't run the ball in the second half.
Speaker 3: Why he had three three consecutive pass plays at the end of the fourth quarter.
Speaker 1: Why the running.
Speaker 3: Game was was dominant, really rolling in the one game and he changed it. I sometimes think the game is too with Zach Taylor. And as they say, he's a nice man, but he hasn't got the.
Speaker 1: Experience under his belt.
Speaker 3: Really, you know, you're talking about your guy in Kansas City, Andy Reid. He had the experience because for years he was in Philadelphia, right right, it comes to Kansas City. What experience you have to have experience? Really, you're a radio guy, you got like thirty forty years experience.
Speaker 1: You just can't throw a kid behind the microphones.
Speaker 3: They do it, they have the talent, but you got to be polished, you got to be led. Forrest Gregg was a great coach here. It was tough. He knew the football game. You look at the coaches that have coached the Cincinnati Bengals, how many of them have had NFL experience and the ones that have not, most of them failed. Dave Schuler came here on his name, never coached before, was horrendous, and Bet Taylor's following the same round.
Speaker 2: I have to agree with you on the Dame Shula comparison to Zach Taylor and Dave Shula was the reason that was hard for me when I moved here to get into watching the Bengals play because it was so woeful. And you know what, he turned to a guy who could have been, uh, you know, a serviceable NFL quarterback into a laughingstock. And David Klinger with the fact that he just and the fact that people hired Dave Shula after his head coaching Stinton Cincinnati to be an offensive coordinator. Offensive coach just really makes me laugh.
Speaker 3: Dave football game when Gary Reasons pulled a cap over Dave Shula's head, it was no respect. It's all about respect. Well, these coaches all know exes and homes. There's no doubt in my mind they know the game of football.
Speaker 1: Really, they don't want football, you know, in a symbol that that I could learn in my lifetime. But that's their job.
Speaker 3: It's not my job. It's their job, and they know it. It's how you teach the game. That's how it's that's how it's that. That's how you become one better than the other, how he becomes successful, how you teach the game to others, and it is they could listen to you. This team only meeting, I think it's dangerous.
Speaker 1: I really do.
Speaker 3: I really closed door players only meeting. I think it's a dangerous thing. I really do.
Speaker 2: You mentioned the close knit nature of the fraternity of NFL head coaches. Maybe the whole thing was designed to save Aaron Glenn's job because Zach Taylor knew that Mike Brown will continue to pay him whether they win or not. And and Aaron Glenn came in with the Jets and he hadn't won a game let yet this year, and there's so much frustration in New York over the Jets not being able to scratch. And maybe maybe Zach Taylor was just doing a solid for Aaron Glenn with the coaching.
Speaker 1: Tell you this, but if you watch that Jet team there, you got to give the Aaron Glenn a lot of credit to us. I didn't see that team quit. No, I didn't see the team quit on him.
Speaker 2: Never.
Speaker 3: They played hard, and I don't think they're a bad team. They lost several games, but just a few points but less than a touchdown, So.
Speaker 1: I think they're really good.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: I think they got that quarterback. Now, that's the key to Tyron Taylor. And I knew and I'm not saying this because game is over now, but I knew that they'd be more dangerous without Tyron Taylor because Taylor.
Speaker 1: Cannot run the football. You know.
Speaker 3: They ran the football on the center. That's what they did against the Bengals and it worked. So I think they found themselves a quarterback. And maybe maybe it was the motivation by their owner Woody Johnson who basically said, I hope we could get a quarterback here that a cold complete a pass that may have been the motivation needed for him to go out there and play and beat the Bengals. Could you believe that that game on Sunday, the only time that Jets led was in the game was over Yeah, the only time they led that.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: How about this? How about all of the all the hoopla over Hendricks Henderson before the season. You know, Willie sign is he going to sit out the whole miss man now?
Speaker 1: And and.
Speaker 2: All of this. He was so important to be on that defense to give the Bengals a bona fide pass rusher. And after all of that hand rigging and all the money that the Bengals had to pay to keep him, and they'd probably franchise tag him after this season. Uh and and he's he's not even a factor because he's not in the game. He's hurt.
Speaker 3: Well, he got a cheap shot, he really did. If you watch the game, he got hit. It was a chief shot.
Speaker 2: They should have called I would agree, you know, but it's just funny work out.
Speaker 3: You know, he's not going to play pie, not going to play this week against the Bears, and I tell you right now, I mean if the Bears win, the Bears win Sunday, and you know, I would think the Bears probably.
Speaker 1: Would be favored, you know, in this game.
Speaker 3: I really think even though it's a home game, I know you can just wash away the season.
Speaker 5: I have.
Speaker 2: Really, I have no, no, no reason to think of why the Bears wouldn't be favored. Andy.
Speaker 1: Really, They've got a great coach.
Speaker 3: He learned under the Detroit Lion system, under Dan Campbell system. He's a good head coach. He turned around and the Bears have a running game, which they didn't have in the past. And when you have a running game against the Bengal defense that can't stop the run, bingo, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe Mike Brown should be at that players only meeting to two to bring the winning spirit of Dartmouth football to his Cincinnati Bengals series.
Speaker 6: Listen to you.
Speaker 3: You know, there's one guy I feel so good about today, and that's lou Anaumo, the Indianapolis Colts defensive coordinator. Indianapolis has the best record in the National Football League seven to one, and they shouldn't know, but they had that one clown who had the ball over his head and he lost it before he crossed the goal line and he fumbled it and they lost that ball game. But they should be eight and oh there's seven to one and Louis get doing the job. So you know he was a scapegoat, and now we know that he was not the scapegoat. And the funny thing is they bring him the defensive coordinator from Notre Dame. Right, he's here now, Golden Al, Golden and now his name has been surface and rumored to be the next coach at Penn State.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe maybe the Bengals should bring me into a player's only meeting and I can speak is the super sub of the Noxtars Red Raiders in ninth grade when I led the team as a super sub to victory on the road in Mount Juliet, Tennessee. Andy, we've got to go.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, all right, my friend, have a good week.
Speaker 1: I'll see you next week.
Speaker 2: I'm recovering. I have broken ribs next week. Nobody cares. Andy tells me, I do care.
Speaker 3: I care now, I care because I've finished.
Speaker 2: Now I can thank you. Goodbye. We'll close next