Speaker 1: Olivia Dean on K D WUB where the B stands for I made that joke a week ago. Yeah whatever, Okay, So it's gonna be nine for a high today. I think maybe ten tomorrow. We will not see above freezing for another week from tomorrow. But the good news is it's almost February. It's gonna be February on Sunday. February is a short month. Here's here's here's your sign of spring. You know what you gotta do by the end of February. Get your ice house off the ice, by the end of February. February, that's how close spring actually is. By the end of February. You got to get your ice house off the ice.
Speaker 2: Are you doing something for Valentine's Day Day?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going on hinge, You're going yeah, yeah, I don't okay, I'm gonna Can I bring up something please? Susan's birthday is two days before Valentine's Day.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: And and so we're at a point where we don't really buy each other presence, but I will be expected to, like, you know, take her out, fire a burger down her throat over at Applebee's or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, fire a burger down her throat.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you what we're arguing about right now? So we moved into a new home. Yes, and this new home has it has a workout room. It's I mean, it's really cool. It's got a small workout room about double the size of your average bathroom.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: And she wants to hang pictures on the.
Speaker 1: Wall, like pictures of the kids and pictures of the dog whatever.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, a.
Speaker 1: Workout room should be a dry, bear bear environment because you're not looking around at the esthetic in your workout room. You might be watching TV. Yeah, I don't want pictures on the wall. Am I alone in this one? I know it's a dumb thing to argue about it.
Speaker 4: I mean yeah, I feel like it's a strange thing to pick a fight over.
Speaker 3: Because why fight over it? And I just don't want to.
Speaker 2: Well, like, so you're just gonna have barren walls and it's.
Speaker 1: A workout room. Yeah, we want to go down. You go down to Snap Fitness. They have a picture of like, you know, plants and dogs and rainbows on the wall.
Speaker 4: No, they have pictures of people working out. No, they don't they don't. What about like mirrors? Would you put mirrors on the wall. I was gonna say that you count stare at the twenty one inch biceps?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What do you think is should there be a decor or a vibe in the workout room?
Speaker 5: I was gonna say what Bailey said, mirrors, I think is the best way to go. I could see why Susan wants to decorate it, make it look a little something something, But I just I don't know what you would put in a make makeout room, a workout room, makeout room in my house a long time ago.
Speaker 3: All right, let me know what you think.
Speaker 1: We're gonna play a little game of face off on KD W B. The way this works is Vaughnt's gonna give us a category and then we will we will see if we can name the items in the category in fifteen seconds of Bailey is leaving the room and it's just me and you, Vaunt, You're gonna give a category.
Speaker 3: I will name as many as I can.
Speaker 5: Yes, all right, you have three categories, David, O don't let me get my pants.
Speaker 3: I keep scored.
Speaker 5: I got We're down in person, all right, David, your first category?
Speaker 3: Good luck?
Speaker 5: Two thousands pop stars, go the timer?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Kelly Clarkson, Christine Aguilera, Green Day, No, Destiny's Child, Beyonce, Kelly Rowland, Nelly, Go, Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus. Better than you keep saying good when I do something like, you know, like in sync or whatever.
Speaker 3: They're not a two thousands pop star. They're in nineteen nineties.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, but you said, uh, Beyonce count, Selina Gomez counts.
Speaker 3: You're here in there. Okay, all right, thank you.
Speaker 6: Next names that's start with the letter D David, Doug, Diane, Daphney, Darla, uh Dan, Damien, Dad, Destiny, Durrango, Dude, Diane, did see Doodle.
Speaker 5: Duranco and dipsy Doodle. I love the great names. O man, Okay, there was one in there you said toward the end. I'm not going to give you. I don't remember what you said, the dipsy doodle. I'm definitely not giving you that one. Danian No, I think you said Diane twice is what you Okay, got it?
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: Your last category is things you'll find in the electronics aisle at Walmart.
Speaker 1: A electric extension cord, a phone charger light, bulbs radio, uh m P three player, Apple Watch, cell phone charger?
Speaker 6: Terrible?
Speaker 5: What's the last thing you walk through? An electronic aisle or something?
Speaker 1: Bailey, come on in, Hey girl, Bailey is back. Is a tough day on face off today, Bailey?
Speaker 4: No, can I tell you something. Every man that works in this building looks exactly the same to me. I just ran into two in the hallway and I couldn't tell them my party.
Speaker 5: You thought it was the same guy that walked past it, like hello again.
Speaker 3: All right, it was meat Sauce.
Speaker 2: I know what means. I know who meat sauces. But that's it.
Speaker 4: The rest of them, they are just like white guys that kind of have like shaved heads, and they're all like in there already.
Speaker 3: Anyway. Okay, all right, I'm.
Speaker 5: Not going to tell you whether or not you have a lot of competition, but okay, here we go. Her category, Bailey is two thousands pop stars.
Speaker 4: Go, Britney Spears, Justin, Timberlake, Joey Fatone, J C. Chase, Lance Basque, Chris Kirkpatrick, Nick Carter, A, J. McClean, Kyle Richardson, He's factory boys, please. Those are all people.
Speaker 2: It's Kevin not.
Speaker 1: Kyle my own and I will take my case to the judges and say those were not two thousand pop stars because I did not give any of those thoughts. Those were nineteen nineties pop stars. I take my I will only take my case to the judge.
Speaker 4: I don't want to argue they I mean, they came about in the nineties, but they were still relevant into the like two thousand and three to two.
Speaker 3: Fair argument, Fair argument, judge.
Speaker 5: Justin Timberlake, Britney spears, those are cool. I don't know that I'm going to give you Backstreet Boys and them though, because I couldn't do it for Dave.
Speaker 4: But two thousands. That's I literally went to an instinct concert in two thousand.
Speaker 5: Their prime was if people could take a text then change my mind. Then we'll go there. But I feel like they were in their prime in the nineties. But we'll move on. Names that start with the letter D go Derek, Dick, Donald, Darren.
Speaker 4: Disco. You're looking at Dave, David Dominic Domingo, who could okay a little better? Thank you for waving at me. I'm like, uh, do you need something?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Bailey?
Speaker 5: Your last category and think about this one? Really a trip in your mind. All right, the things you'll find in the electronic aisle at Walmart or Target.
Speaker 4: Go okay, headphones like the big over ear headphones, the tiny little headphones, UH TV tablet, an iPod, an iPhone, UH an iPad, uh those SD cards, SD cards.
Speaker 3: It was a tough round today, all.
Speaker 5: Right, let's go back, let's spin the block. Two thousands pop stars. Not enough people have texted in yet, so we'll talk about.
Speaker 4: Someone says justice for Bailey, she gets points for BSB and I had instinct members.
Speaker 5: Names that start with D. You both had seven names, whoa and Dave. I'm not giving you dipsy Doodle.
Speaker 2: You're not giving me Disco.
Speaker 5: I'm not giving you Disco. Dave. I'm not giving you Durango. Sorry guy, that name. Electronic isle at Walmart. Bailey did slightly better than Dave, but I'm not giving you. You said, big headphone, small headphone. Did you just get one point for headphones? But just still beat Dave? You had six, Bailey, Dave, you had five.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, it was a tough round.
Speaker 2: Someone else says on text. Definitely two thousands.
Speaker 4: They started the whole white flowing head to toe louk of your in the year y two k the factory poison.
Speaker 5: I forget about why two K you forgot? I was not even born yet. So then if I give Bailey those points, you both are tied with nine whoa four two thousands of pop stars. They've kind of struggled a bit. He was like a Selena Gomez. Uh uh Beyonce.
Speaker 1: I mean I literally was trying to filter out celebrities who became famous in the two thousands.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you both too good? Though?
Speaker 1: Okay, well thing did we dad?
Speaker 3: Which of us do you like better?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 3: Wait? Okay, what one thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: Get your carpet clean by zero res joint snap fitness, go over two wedding day diamonds, and uh.
Speaker 3: Maybe pick out a little something for Valentine's.
Speaker 2: Day or buy a bouncy house.
Speaker 3: Or bouncy house, whatever you want to do. It's your one thousand dollars now, your chance at one thousand dollars just to enter this nationwide keyword on our website.
Speaker 2: Money.
Speaker 1: That's money KDWB dot com. Similar to do, but you got to play it. You can't just wish for things to happen in life. Wish is a poor strategy. I wish I had one thousand dollars. Well, good luck with that is the people who get out of the shower and go do something that lives get better.
Speaker 3: So take action and it's easy.
Speaker 1: You can go on kwbeat dot com and type in the keyword money and you get a chance to win. Make sure you answer your phone from a block. I'd like to say like a no caller, ID in about an hour, we'll call you to let you know that you won. Money is the keyword. Are you doing a Bailey daily coming up?
Speaker 4: I am doing a daily Bailey coming up? And it's another stupid question. If you could only keep three dry seasonings to use for the rest.
Speaker 2: Of your life?
Speaker 3: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: What would you pick? That's what you're gonna have to think about.
Speaker 1: Can we go off the board between salt and pepper and then can we just eat salt? Okay, so salt and pepper, we don't need to name it. So we got three other seats dry seasonings. Okay, God, well, don't answer now.
Speaker 3: I got to think about w.
Speaker 4: Speaking of idiots, I have an idiotic question to ask yay, if you could only keep three dry seasonings to use for the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: What would you pick?
Speaker 4: Salt and pepper are just included, so you don't need to worry about Salt and pepper lord always on the table, so you can always have them. So think of the three dry seasonings to use for the rest of your life. If you have some that you want to send in text US five three nine two one David.
Speaker 1: Okay, First of all, garlic salt, no question. Garlic salt is great on garlic toast. It's ti on top of spaghetti. Red pepper flakes, okay, and no question, because they're good on so many things. Good on pizza, they're good on top of chili, spaghetti, lasagna, red pepper And finally, I would say that's where it gets tough, Bailey, because there's so many runners up. Sure, there's nothing that really comes close to garlic salt and red pepper flakes.
Speaker 4: Mmm.
Speaker 3: Can I ask a question, Yeah, get me say, human, What is the.
Speaker 5: Difference between garlic salt and garlic powder.
Speaker 1: One has salt in it, one has just pure crushed dry garlic, so.
Speaker 3: One is much strong.
Speaker 1: Garlic salt is probably better. Garlic salt is better on garlic toast.
Speaker 2: A richer A richer I say.
Speaker 1: Cuman and I don't know why. I just thought it sounded funny, like a funny answer. Yeah, and I like to be I like a funny spice.
Speaker 4: You are so funny, okay, Vine, Yes, a dobo for sure, that's what is a.
Speaker 2: Do tell me?
Speaker 5: I couldn't do you. I don't know. I just know my mom has been using it ever since I was a kid. And a dobo seasoning. Let me see a savory all purpose Latin American dry spice blend with a base of sarlet salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and a bunch of other things.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, it's so good.
Speaker 5: Sasson, which is another I think hispanic seasoning that I put on pretty much all my chicken, pork chops, et cetera. And this one, the third one is tough. Yeah, you're right, Dave uh Laury season salt is good, but I also.
Speaker 1: Want to go now, Okay, lowery season salt is good. But I don't know that you can qualify that because it's kind of like a catch all, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's like everything all in.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like choose your bagel in everything bagel. Well, there's nothing wrong within everything bagel, but that's a see.
Speaker 2: I think it's included in dry seasoning though the rules.
Speaker 3: That's fine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, then I go lawries, so a double because with what.
Speaker 4: You said, Dave, my number one pick is everything bagel seasoning because you can buy just everything bagel seasoning in its own container, okay, and it is delicious because there's so much going on in there. You get that guard, you get the whatever. Those seeds are delicious, seeds caraway.
Speaker 2: That's to me.
Speaker 4: There you go, so delicious. So I'm going everything bagel is my number one for sure. Next, Cajun Cajun anything on anything is so good. A Cajun seasoning I always get, like Cajun fries if those are the option at a fast food joint, shout out five guys, Cajun fries, delicious, yes, and talk about it pop eyed and.
Speaker 2: Then finally like a meat rub.
Speaker 1: These I guess I I'm you know, it's your it's your contest, and there's no penalty for being right or wrong. But these are not necessarily spices. And I thought we were freaking it to okay season the I thought we were freaking to spices.
Speaker 2: No, no seasonings.
Speaker 4: I mean fair enough so other people are texting in, like Lauries for sure, garlic. Someone else has everything bagel, garlic, salt, fried chicken seasoning.
Speaker 5: Mm.
Speaker 1: The pork chop on his stick seasoning sold that the State Fair is really good.
Speaker 2: I gave that to for Christmas. I don't even know if he's used it.
Speaker 5: I haven't used because I really haven't had pork chops lately.
Speaker 2: Oh dang, but somebody did text in. How are they forgetting cinnamon?
Speaker 5: Cinnamon?
Speaker 2: I mean, see, but then what do you use it for?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: You put it on toast.
Speaker 1: When I was a kid, we didn't have a lot of tasty treats in the house. So one of our tasty treats was you put toast in the toaster oven. Yes, and butter to melt the butter and then sugar and cinnamon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's delicious.
Speaker 4: So then I would say, why have cinnamon when you can have cinnamon sugar. It comes in a pack as well. You could get cinnamon sugar together.
Speaker 5: Thinnamon. I'm allergic to finnamon. If you can name that movie, you're goaded finnamon, finnamon, I'm allergic to finnamon.
Speaker 3: On a mansion.
Speaker 5: No, wh you are in the right Realm. It is a Disney esque movie. It's The game Plan with Dwayne the Rock Johnson. Geez, it's such a good movie.
Speaker 2: First time it's been mentioned on air ever.
Speaker 3: Ever ever.
Speaker 4: Anyway, that's the Daily Bailey. Thank you guys for texting in. I'm hungry.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll do Dave's Dirt coming up next on kdewba it Where is my Husband? I love that song? That song is catchy. Yeah, it's KATIEWB for the dirt, Let's go.
Speaker 6: Seventy of the following gossip is made up by Dave.
Speaker 3: It's Dave's Dirt on.
Speaker 4: Kd w B.
Speaker 1: Not really gossiping at all, but these are. But this is kind of a funny list. These are comedy movies with plots that are borderline horror movies. So let's get started. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. This movie is over fifty years old, but this is psychopath who hires what are they called and lures children to his factory, where they disappear in horrifying accidents until the only one remains.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the book, the kids like die off.
Speaker 4: There's a book really, Yeah, Yeah, it's it's Roaldall it's a book.
Speaker 3: It's based on a book.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Sleepless in Seattle is a stalker movie. Airplane a scenario where almost everyone on an airplane, including the pilots, gets violently sick from food poisoning. Freaky Friday for at least one of the main characters. Imagine waking up one day and you just become someone much older than you. The Hangover, a group of guys wake up with no memory of the previous night, discover that one of them is missing, and slowly piece together a trail of violence, crime, and bodily harm.
Speaker 2: Honestly, that would be terrifying.
Speaker 4: You're all blackout, and yeah, where where's Tricia?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Exactly right? And there's a couple of more I haven't heard of, but let's do this one. Where did it go?
Speaker 3: Missus?
Speaker 1: Doubtfire a psychological thriller about obsession, identity erosion, and boundary violations. The prosthetics alone are already bordering on body horror.
Speaker 3: I think it's taken a little bit too seriously. But the funny thing is we found them delightful.
Speaker 4: Well, when they toss the the prosthetic out the window and it's just like a face like splats on the ground.
Speaker 2: I love missus doubtfire. That is such a good one.
Speaker 3: Well you're sick.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 4: After Sidney Sweeney's Sidney Sweeney, Oh my gosh, you guys. After Sidney Sweeney did her whole little stunt with the Hollywood sign with her lingerie that she was draping from that Hollywood sign, she released a full promo clip for this lingerie line that she is starting called Siren s y r N.
Speaker 2: She is also, of course the lines model.
Speaker 4: So if you like Sidney Sweeney and all that va voom, you might want to check out that promo clip. The online store opens today for this lingerie line and it comes in for styles comfy, playful, romantic.
Speaker 5: And so Doctress Graham Norton, the British talk show host, talking about how he's going to be in attendance at the trailer the Travis Kelsey Taylor's with.
Speaker 3: Wedding, Lovely Taylor Swift, who invited you to her wedding? I can say nothing that means it's happening. I've signed so many NDAs, I just wonder.
Speaker 4: Why though I want to sign an NDA, Someone give me one so I can sign it. It'd be so hard for me because I can't keep a secret at all.
Speaker 1: You're right, do not tell Bailey any anything, because yes, then she'll tell Jenny, and then pretty soon Jenny will tell Fallon.
Speaker 3: Then it's all over the place, all over the place.
Speaker 2: Truly.
Speaker 3: Remember the show Happy Days?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was on back in the seventies, and the Heimlich maneuver has been saving lives for fifty years. So how did those two intertwine? Well, besides doctor Henry Heimlich Potzy from Happy Days, he was second cousins with doctor Henry Heimlich and he's always referred to him as an uncle. After the Heimlich was invented in nineteen seventy four, Potzy Anson Williams used his Hollywood connections to try to get doctor Heimlich on The MERV Griffin Show, where he demonstrated the Heimlich maneuver for millions of people. In a Facebook post, Potzy Anson Williams says the creators in cast of Happy Days have helped save more lives than any other program in history. Uncle Heimlich died in twenty sixteen at the age of ninety six, but Potzy used his medical know how in twenty eighteen to create a product called alert drops for drowsy drivers. It doesn't seem to sell them anymore. You know, win some, lose some. But yeah, we know the pot the Heimlich maneuver because of the show Happy Days.
Speaker 4: This is a little bit of a tangent. But you said alert drops for driving. Yeah, how do you stay awake if you're really tired when you're driving, Dave oh Man.
Speaker 1: It's dangerous. That's how Herb Brooks, the coach of the nineteen eighty Olympic hopy hockey team, died. Yeah, he was coming back from Duluth and he fell asleep at the wheel. That's what they supposed, no other explanation. Single car accident. Yeah, fell asleep at the wheel, rolled over, and he died. I had a DJ friend back thirty years ago and he was working way too late, coming home late, fell asleep and died.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So I've told Carson, I told and I'll tell you this too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you start to feel sleepy and you and you will get the temptation to close your eyes just for a second, yeah, just for a second, don't do it. Don't then you got to pull over. We were driving across North Dakota one time, twenty years ago, middle of the night, bad idea, driving long distance across North Dakota, and I thought, I just gotta close, just just close them for a second, yeah, just And then I realized that's so stupid. Yeah, so we pulled over to a rest area and we slept for like four hours. Oh nice, Yeah, so you can't there's no do not stop and have a cup of coffee. Do not stop and like roll the window down. You gotta slap and sleep. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I know a lot of girls who roll the window down and then they put their hair in it and then roll the window back up so that their hair is constantly being pulled by the window.
Speaker 1: Terrible, terrible idea. I mean it sounds like it's a brilliant idea. No terrible idea. I remember driving home from I used to work all nights at a radio station when I was like nineteen years old, and I was driving home one night and I drove off the side of the road just enough to wake me up, and then drove back on and I was like, this is bad. Yeah, you awake at the de though, Yeah, that is Dave's dirt on. Katie w B. Thank you for being here, and we will see you back here tomorrow. This Thursday, Wore of the Roses tomorrow. More Cardi b tickets tomorrow. Check out the Minnesota Goodbye. It's a little bonus podcast you can find on the iHeartRadio app. Just search Minnesota Goodbye and We'll see you tomorrow