Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begne.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 1: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Here we go again, virgea running back to.
Speaker 1: Get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy, and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get short podcasts. Here's your host, David Vase, last.
Speaker 3: Day, Welcome the Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: David Vasse with you until eleven thirty tonight right here on AM five to seventy LA Sports. After the Dodgers on Otani Night beat the Guardians four to one. We have phone lines open at eight sixty six nine, eight seven two five seventy. We will hear from show, Hey Otani, we will hear from Max Muncy. We will check in with Jose Mota, and we will take your phone call. So a lot to get to between now and eleven thirty. Let's start with Otani and then we'll get into the Dodger offense.
Speaker 3: Because I know.
Speaker 2: I always preach let the season breathe a little bit, but some signs are a little concerning, and this Dodger offense is leaving a lot to be desired considering how talented it is and how disciplined they usually are, and it just hasn't materialized yet in the first five games. But I'll re emphasize it's only the first five games. But still, some of the pitchers the Dodgers have faced they should be doing a lot more damage against than they have, and specifically a couple of their hitters in the first three of their lineup. So I'll get to that in a second, But first sho Heotani, who since the beginning of spring training seems to be on a mission to have his best pitching season of his career. You go back to his first season with the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: He set goals.
Speaker 2: He set goals to steal fifty bases, to be a really good base runner, a base Steeler. He and Clayton McCullough teamed up for that. He was the first fifty to fifty player last year. He wanted to ease back into pitching, and he also wanted to be the best hitter he could possibly be, and knowing that he was coming back to pitch, he couldn't run as much hit fifty five home runs, but this year, even Andrew Friedman said it in spring training, he seems to be on a mission pitching wise this season, and that's very clear and has been very clear that's been his focus. And certainly we saw that on display tonight. Six scoreless sinnings, allowed just one hit, had six strikeouts, did walk three and hit a batter. So I'm sure if you're Otani and the level of greatness that he strives, he's looking at that and what he can do better. But for his first start, and for a guy that's leading off for the back to back world champion Dodgers, overall, a really good night as he shined for a sellout crowd on Yoshi Bobblehead night. You couldn't have two bigger things happening on the same night at Dodger Stadium than Otani starting the game and having In my opinion, and I took a survey, it feels like tonight's bobblehead giveaway was top three. I mean, this side of Otani's first bobblehead and the Otani decoy dog bobblehead, this one is top three as far as demand and frenzy over a bobblehead, and yeah, you know, it's funny getting some text from people. Hey, I got here, didn't get one as like, yeah, open ended text, I'm not offering to find you on okay, And I was right. Our guy here, Dwayne MacDonald, our producer engineer who usually says, nah, I'll pass on the bobblehead, he scooped up not just one, but he scooped up two. That's right, Dwayne. I got sources, not just with baseball. I got sources up here in the press box. Everybody wanted this Yoshi bobblehead tonight and you could see a fun ig live on our AM five seventy l A Sports. We went to uh to the concourse there in the right field Loaje entrance, you can uh you could see me try to convince fans to give me their Yoshi bobbleheads. But back to Otani, a great night, a great debut to start the season show. Hey, Otani spoke to the media for the first time this season after his start and win.
Speaker 4: How do you sort of feel just being able to have a fully built up sort of starts the season, you only go six aies first sort of out, Jim Mean na.
Speaker 5: My Masca, oh Mama's.
Speaker 6: Opening. The opating group.
Speaker 7: Forces good to be able to start the game, go through six under a limited pitch count, and you know, even in this condition, I thought, I'm going to put a charge of the experience.
Speaker 6: Do you feel like you're a better picture?
Speaker 4: Maybe then you worry last year Day said that your stuff has even gotten better than it was. First in back.
Speaker 5: You can give shut the mast didn't play.
Speaker 8: She's Leason And.
Speaker 7: That's mine. Tension every year is to be a better pitcher, better player, and I hope that at the end of the year something that my intention is to be able to look back and say, that was a really good pitching season.
Speaker 4: What way do you feel like the better.
Speaker 6: Can move up to this skittle?
Speaker 7: I'm last year I felt good, But this year I do feel a lot more loose and easy pitching overall. And you know, looking back at today's outing specifically, that wasn't necessarily the cay so that's something I want to work on. But compared to last season, I do feel a lot a lot loose and easy.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: There was show he Tani with Will Ireton after tonight's game on Sports net LA, and certainly It's impressive that show. Hey Otani could have that type of feel for so many different pitches in his first start of the season. Like I said during the Clubhouse show, I know everybody these days loves looking at the radar gun and the velocity that Otani and other pitchers have ninety eight ninety nine, one hundred. But for me, my favorite pitch that I've watched for from Otani since becoming a Dodger starting last year as a pitcher is his curveball. I love his curveball. And certainly the Dodgers have had a lot of great pitchers with great curveballs, namely Clayton Kershaw, Sandy Kofax to name a few, but as recently as Kershaw, who had that beautiful twelve six curveball signature curveball. I love Otani's curveball, and you know, I think he knows it's a big time weapon because he threw it the second most out of any of his pitches tonight. He threw twenty one curveballs tonight, thirty two four seen fastballs, and then mixed in, you know a few of his other pitches, the splitter, the sweeper, but man to have a feel for that curveball tonight was really special. Eight six, six, nine, seven two five seventy is the phone number. Now the next question is no, is he It's not. Is he going to win the Cy Young Award? I warned you, or I gave you at least a great handicap before the season started. When I saw the odds that Otani was forty to one to win the National League Cy Young Award, I advised all of you gamblers out there to jump on that. Now you've lost your chance. With every start, those odds are going down, down, down, down. You missed your chance. Now the next question is when does he pitch again. The entire baseball world wants Otani to pitch next Wednesday, interno that would be on seven days rest.
Speaker 3: We all want to see it.
Speaker 2: We all want to see Otani go back to Rogers Center and make the start like he did in Game seven of the World Series in what is going to be an electric environment at Rogers Center next week. How incredible would it be on Getaway Day, the final game of that series, to have Otani take the mound against the Blue Jays. We all remember, you know, one of the scenes of Game seven in that seesaw incredible. Game seven was Bo Bishett hitting that three run home run and Otani doubled over after a Bishett hit that home run. Would love to see Otani go back there and show the Blue Jays the new and improved Otani pitcher better than ever, better than the twenty three Otani pitching version.
Speaker 3: We all want to see it.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Blue Jays is going to be epic for an in early April series. I mean, the schedule makers at Major League Baseball knew what they were doing to have the World Series rematch this early in the season. With the Dodgers turn to go back to Toronto, it is going to be even the players already have it circle. They know they're going back to Toronto next week. So if Otani doesn't pitch in Toronto, as I would love and the baseball world would love, then you're talking about him pitching on nine days rest a week from Friday here at Dodger Stadium against a Rangers team. So we'll see which direction it goes. But for any pitcher, even Otani, nine days rest, that's that's a long time in between starts eight six, six, nine, eight, seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Howard and Porterville. You're on Dodger Talk with David Vasse.
Speaker 3: How you doing, Howard doing good?
Speaker 9: Good to hear you guys back. You're a stellar analyst.
Speaker 10: I've been listening to you for a long time, man, and I really enjoyed listening to Oil and.
Speaker 9: The whole crew, down to Miss Kirsten, Jerry Hartong, everybody.
Speaker 10: You guys have some great analysts anyway, for anybody who didn't know, not that it counts a lot baseball wise, the city of Los Angeles had their way with Cleveland tonight because the Lakers also beat the Cavaliers down the street at Crypto tonight. My question for you, though, was with the Dodgers beating the Diamondbacks the first three games, I.
Speaker 9: Think that means they only need four more to win the season series of the remaining nine games, how much does that help them if they accomplish that they.
Speaker 2: Play them thirteen times during the season since they're in the same Divis vision, Howard, so that's a long ways off. Thank you for the phone call, and yeah, how about that. I love that connection. Since Mark Walter owns both the Dodgers and the Lakers. Luca had forty two points and twelve assists beating the Cavaliers one twenty seven to one thirteen tonight in Downtown LA and Lebron James against his old team fourteen points, five rebounds. But the Dodgers, you saw the urgency in Dave roberts managing style tonight in a non safe situation. He brought in Edwin Diaz in the rain in the ninth inning to close things out. Let's go out to North Hollywood. Steve, you're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Steve good?
Speaker 7: How are you doing?
Speaker 3: Dave great?
Speaker 6: So I'm thinking.
Speaker 7: It might be a little bit too early to start Otani, you know, with intensity pitching this early.
Speaker 6: If it were me, obviously it's not up to me, I wouldn't have him start to July.
Speaker 4: On August.
Speaker 6: I don't know what you think about that.
Speaker 3: No, No, I mean he wants to be a pitcher.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers slow played him back in rehab style last year. He has prepared himself for this season. It's one thing if a guy comes into camp and has not prepared Steve, but Otani's been preparing all season long to come back and pitch that's who he is, that's his identity as a player, and the Dodgers and Otani are going to write it out this year.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, let's hop it turns out well. But I was just really, why.
Speaker 3: Why are you so nervous? Why? Why? Why are you so nervous?
Speaker 2: I mean, even when O'tani injured his elbow with the Angels two separate times, he's still hit as a dh it didn't prevent him from continuing to hit.
Speaker 6: I mean, it probably won't hurt to wrest Otani months in rest, but.
Speaker 2: He pitches once a week and he hits every day. So, I mean, this guy is a mache Steve. He is not a mere immortal like Steve from North Hollywood. You need to rest. Otani doesn't need to rest.
Speaker 6: All right, Dave, I'll take your word for it. Let's hope. So he is a machine. Thanks for all right, Steve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have some load management out there in North Hollywood. All right, Why don't you drive to Elta Hano once in a while instead of walk?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 6: Got it?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 6: Brother?
Speaker 3: All right, Steve, thanks for the phone call. Rest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe Steve in North Hollywood needs rest. Otani doesn't need rest, speaking of Elta Hano. Tonight's game was brought to you by Modello. Modello. The mark of a fighter eight six, six, nine to eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. All right, I want to get into this Dodger offense. This Dodger offense is frustrating me through the first five games of the season. Again, we're over hyping this Dodger offense or not over hyping it.
Speaker 3: We're just waiting for it.
Speaker 2: It's a really good lineup if they played to their potential. We saw this offense slump the second half of the season. We saw them hit two oh three in the World Series. And here we are after opening Day and they could barely scratch across three runs against the Diamondbacks in each of the last two games. Tonight, they can barely scratch across two runs before the ninth In last night, they were shut down by a young left hander.
Speaker 3: So what's going on with this offense?
Speaker 2: Well, I point to the first three hitters, Otani, Tucker, and Mookie Betts Shoeotani does not have an extra base hit so far. He's been very human in the first five games as a hitter. Kyle Tucker, see this is the reason why I believe Kyle Tucker was such a good fit in LA and part of the reason why he said, you know what, no, thanks Mets, I'm coming to LA to be one of many.
Speaker 3: Really good players.
Speaker 2: Because the Mets fans and city field we're booing Bob Bischett in the after the first three games of the season, I don't hear any booze at Dodger Stadium for Kyle Tucker, who is four for nineteen to start his Dodger career with eight strikeouts. That is the reason why Kyle Tucker is a Dodger. Not to mention the sixty million dollars they gave him each year, but the Mets were right there as well, fifty five million dollars. But can you imagine Bob Boschette being booed in New York and Queens after the first three games. Nobody is even saying anything about Tucker and he's off to a dreadful start. I mean, he made a couple of nice plays in the outfield, but really, I mean outside of a drawn in infield single on the ground through the infield, he's striking out a lot, a lot. Eight strikeouts in his first nineteen at bats. Mookie Bets isn't much better to start the year either. Three for is first nineteen with one walk. We're talking about your two and three hitters, and you're wondering why the Dodger offense isn't doing much of anything. I mean, Will Smith and Freddie Freeman can't get up with runners on base with that kind of production.
Speaker 3: So that's got to change.
Speaker 2: Once the first three hitters get it going, then this Dodger offense is going to get it going. But these guys need to start, you know. I mean it's only five games. I understand, all right, I'm gonna pump the brakes on myself, but dang it, I expect a lot from this Dodger offense. Sorry, I know I'm emotional, but geeze four for nineteen, three for nineteen, Mookie only has one walk. Let's go out to Santa Monica. Evan, you're on Dodger Talk with David Vasse.
Speaker 3: How you doing? Evan?
Speaker 6: It right?
Speaker 2: David?
Speaker 11: I mean, come on, I love your passion right now.
Speaker 12: Five games and I feel the same way I was at the game tonight.
Speaker 8: I got a Yoshi.
Speaker 12: Babblehead, loved watching Otani pitch, but.
Speaker 8: I still think it's so.
Speaker 12: Interesting when he has to bat leadoff, that he runs back in, has to stay out on the field, gets all his equipment, gets in the box, then he gets the walk, then he's staying out on the bases.
Speaker 11: I'm just wondering, would you on days that he starts, bat him second and let somebody else take that leadoff position so he has this a second to breathe.
Speaker 3: Or Okay, I know everybody talks about that.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, I know everybody talks about that, and it's a fair point, right, And I know last year when he did start games, his offense was not as good.
Speaker 3: But hear me out on this seven.
Speaker 2: What's to say that he doesn't lead off the fourth inning after pitching the top half of the fourth inning. I mean, there's no guarantees he doesn't lead off other innings in the game outside of the first innings, so to me, I I understand the argument, but there's no guarantees that he wouldn't lead off maybe two other innings in the game if if that's the way it shook out.
Speaker 11: Yes, absolutely, I'm just trying to think in his head how that feels to start the game one, two, three, and then just get a little breather. That's it.
Speaker 2: Well, I saw like in the sixth inning it seemed like he was exhaling. That's the only time where I've seen him basically exhale and then remind himself, Oh, I don't have time to exhale.
Speaker 3: I have to lead off this inning.
Speaker 2: And we saw that after the sixth inning where he thought, you know, I could go back and take a deep breath, but they reminded him, you're leading off the bottom of the sixth so in those and that's a great example of the fact that even though you hit him second or third, or fifth or sixth, who's to say he's not leading off the bottom of the sixth inning.
Speaker 11: It's a great point. And you know, I'm just happy Dodger Baseball's back.
Speaker 6: Love you, Dave.
Speaker 3: Thanks for the phone call.
Speaker 2: Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Hey, I understand it. Eric Harrows was talking about it a lot on sports and at LA last year.
Speaker 3: But that's who he is, and he is one of one.
Speaker 2: And if the Dodgers and Otani didn't believe that they were capable, they would Otani would would pivot and say, you know, what maybe hitting second or third is better for me on the days that I pitch, especially at home on the road, obviously he would be hitting first. So that's a mood point. But you know, he's just spectacular. I just say, sit back and enjoy the show. Because, like I have said since the beginning, since Otani got here, I fully echo Charlie Steiner's sentiments that Dodger games are not just games anymore. They are events. And tonight was a perfect example of an event. This was not just a baseball game tonight. This was an event. There was a Laker game in downtown, but this was an LA sporting event. Eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Hey, there was some Turner broadcasting going on tonight. TBS at Baseball on Tuesday Nights start up again tonight and Pedro Martinez, a guy that is one of the greatest pitchers of all time, was on set and marveling at Otani's first start of the season.
Speaker 13: Choh is a human freak. I think Choha was made by Ai.
Speaker 3: Really, Choh is just amazing.
Speaker 13: How can you get the field for pitching so early in the season and used that variety of pitches effectively all night against a pretty good team because they they can. Both those guys are young, but Josera Mires and those guys and I Soulozerra mirrors hitting left. Take auld swing on a fastball that when he went to swing, the bowl was right there as gonna hit him right there. So that that's a lot to say. And that was the fat Well young a little bit. He wanted to get it in there because he knows old he's quick in there. But man, that was impressive to watch.
Speaker 2: That was the one and only Pedro Martinez. Hey, that's a good comparison. Yeah, I agree, Oh, Tani's Ai. What you saw tonight was Ai. Pedro's the best and he does a great job on MLB Network and tonight on TBS eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to g Man in Pasadena. G You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 8: Hey, Dave, first time ever being on this channel with you, so thank you.
Speaker 2: I fell silly going out to U g Man. Hello, Yeah, I was trying to tell you g Man. It felt weird going out to a caller named g Man. Can I just call you g.
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 8: That's my call I go by G and they call me g Man. Kind of a deal weird.
Speaker 3: Okay, go ahead, but anyways, anyways, ques.
Speaker 8: I said, I was going to talk about defense, but or the lack of offense, but I kind of want to switch up. Miggie Rowe. I had a chance to meet him last week at a friend's house, and I just want to say he was just the chillest person ever. And can you explain his autograph to me? Because I did have him sign something for me, and I saw the seventy two, but I was trying to figure out what he actually signed his signature, do you.
Speaker 2: Know, Yeah, I just saw a signature a few times because I was with him at WSS and Boyle Heights last week, and I got to say, his autograph, compared to some of the younger guys, is better than most. A lot of these guys you can't even read their names. But at least Miguel Rojas is signature. You could tell it's Miguel and it's Rojas, and he rights his numbers, so to me, it's more legible than most.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, Well, to say, Dave appreciate you, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, wait a minute, you're just gonna bury the lead. You were at your friend's house and Miguel Rojas was there. I mean, you're just gonna bury the lead right there. Geeve, is that a humble brag? You wanted to call in and say, Hey, my friend is friends with Miguel Rojas. How does that happen? How does Miguel Rojas end up at your friend's house?
Speaker 3: Dave?
Speaker 8: I can't, I really can't.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean you just can't call in and say that and not explain.
Speaker 8: At an event, I will come up to you. I think you'll remember my name and I'll tell you what the circumstances were.
Speaker 2: Okay, sounds good, g man. Thank you for the phone call. What a mysterious phone call. You don't even give your real name and you mysteriously say that Miguel Rojas was at your friend's house. Yeah, Miguel's a great guy, regular dude. He actually a hobby aers last week in downtown La. My guy Hobvier took care of him.
Speaker 3: All right, we're gonna take a time out here on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: When we come back, another mysterious man, Jose Mota, will join us as the Dodgers defeat the Guardians four to one on A five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy, online at AM five seventy LA sports dot com, and available by podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: This is Dodger Tom with Damn Bassi.
Speaker 14: There's a one one to Munsey. He swings hits a drive to right way back, it goes and Max Munsey has hit it out Hexwell, swinging the silver hammer for the first time this season. HiT's two nothing, oh lot of blast pie Munson.
Speaker 2: You know what that's called. That's called pregame Karma. Max Monsey, he joined us on the pregame Show and what does he do at his first home run of the season. Monsey and the Dodgers defeat the Guardians tonight by a final scorer of four to one. David Vas Say, Dodger talk with you until the bottom of the hour. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run Forecast. For your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniel Jewler's gift card, visit AM five seventy lasports dot com, use the keyword home run and enter your chance to win. Daniels Jewelers own the Dream. By the way, Monsey's home run pulls in within one home run to tye Steve Garvey for the third most home runs in LA Dodger history. How about that Monsey not only would thirteen postseason home runs the most LA Brooklyn franchise history, now just one home run away from tying the great Dodger Steve Garvey for third most in LA Dodger regular season His way three.
Speaker 3: All right, let's check in with Jose Moda.
Speaker 1: It's tough to go around the horn with Jose Mota.
Speaker 2: All right, Jose Mota, what did you think about Pedro Martinez saying what we saw tonight from Otani was Ai.
Speaker 6: Who rather than better to describe that better of catching up with the times too, to use certain definitions and match it well with what everybody can understand nowadays. Good job by Pete.
Speaker 3: What did you think about Otani?
Speaker 2: How does he have such great feel for all his pitches so early in the season.
Speaker 6: He's engaged in what he does. He takes everything pretty much to detail, to heart. He doesn't want to fail. He doesn't want to fail, his teammates, doesn't want to fail, his country, doesn't want to fail Dodger fans, And that's why he is who he is. I mean, if you see the thing that Joey does mentally in the off season, you go, you think he's pitching every single night. That's a type of approach he has to life, and that's a tough approach he has to pitching. Considering that now the full season, I mean mentally he's in there. Paranceins I told you the last out of the World Series seems like for this moment. And when you also keep him to consideration and take this into consideration, Dave, when he come to the string training and he has like everything lined up in the program for guys to meet their starts, saying, Yamamota, who's gonna picture? You know, Team Japan WBC. But O Todi didn't have the luxury, but he made sure that whatever the other guys were doing, he almost stayed on par with that. And then when I talked to him in Tokyo and I said, what are you throwing your live VP which didn't happen in Tokio, threw a long boatpin over there. He goes, uh, if we get to Miami and'm gonna start there and it's gonna be long, and he went like force simulated innings right away, which is unusual for him and for anybody you know not rehabbing. He was not rehabing his anybody for a season. And then you see the last down against the Angels and preaches and going eighty six pitches and go, this guy's more than ready. And you understand ing O very well now by nowadave. A lot of these things are dictated by one guy, Shohil Tony. How he feels, how is arms responding, how he's bouncing back, and when he's the eighty six for preseason outing, well, let me tell you you could not expect anything less here today, first outing of the season, when he's going to be a complete pitcher and go up and make you twenty five to thirty starts.
Speaker 2: Can you give us some hope that he may pitch in Toronto on seven days rest or do you believe that nine days rest back at home is more likely.
Speaker 6: I hope that if he's going to be a full time pitcher, that he takes the ball in Toronto, And I hope that that is the agreement they have. Knowing that, I mean, he's going to have plenty of time to take the ball. If you take away the circumstances, it doesn't matter. It's about making his start. Yeah, it's historic, it's impactful. Is going to be every light on every eye of the world baseball on that outing. But Choy needs to stay and the doggie do to stay with him where he is, doesn't matter if it was Toronto or Saint Luis or Tampa Bay. I hope he stays in tune with his outing right now, with the schedule, to make that start when he needs to make it, regardless against him.
Speaker 2: Jose Mota is joining us on Dodger Talk after the Dodgers beat the Guardians four to one tonight. Now I know it's only four games, Jose, but maybe you could help us understand what's going on with this Dodger offense. I mentioned the slow starts for Tucker and Mookie, but tonight four strikeouts looking two from Mookie bets. Are the Dodgers going back to guessing what they might be seeing? Do they have to start looking more for their own zone? What's going on with this Dodger offense.
Speaker 6: It's all about five games. If they pumped the brakes a little bit days three days ago, we're talking about how is this Dodger offin is going to be stopped. And now you facing guys that you are not facing in spring training. Now you're facing guys that have way more information on you, and they can base information and scouting based on a couple of things. Number one, will they get pregame based on cumulative stuff, and also number two on what they see the previous at bat and how you react to that. I think baseball fact talking to a lot of scouts up few from the front offense is going back to that a little bit more and trusting the catchers, trusting their pitchers and what they see their first step bat, because you know it's gotten to a point where it's like culative information. Go out there and pitch this one because of what forty have baths, fifty at baths. No talk to me about how the guys swinging today. And I think that's what seeing with the values right now. If you think about this kid last night, Parker Messick, how many times did he threw breaking balls and breaking ball counts and how many times did he surprise guys with fastballs. Dodgiers hitters are a little bit off killed right now. But I'm going to say at the same time that Kyle Tucker does have the pantells, eight of them, but he also had a game winner the other day, just a couple of days ago. He goes Arizona, So you got to take the battle with the good. Adjustice is a part of the game, the scheduling, the intensity of the series of the season. And at the same time we know that at the right time they will come through because it's just way too talented, way too deep. So we can say at four and one right now without the offense clicking, it should be a fun summer.
Speaker 2: Fair to say though, so that this offense is only going to go as far as the first three hitters get this offense going right, because if this is going to be the first three hitters, they've got to get on base and keep the line moving right.
Speaker 6: So when they're ascent, guess what, that's what you have at will Smith. You have a max months, you have Tail coming through today, and then you have Andy Payes, so everything ends up running up very nicely. I don't think we're going to see nine guys be hot at the same time, but yes, the big guys need to be the big guys, and right now, from showy at least he's a little bit waiting the fastball a little bit more, which I prefer that he's doing that instead of jumping on fastballs. You got to breaking up pretty nice today. He's taking his walks, Tucker. I think pitch election is one issue, maybe a little bit longer than the swings. It'll come with time and yes, adjustments to a new team. It all matters a whole lot. And for Midki is building off good at bats, getting word from the lady fly balls and making sure that his pitch selection as well. But as a unit, you want to compliment each other and help each other out. Well, that bottom half got it done by his big ut bats and those guys to positive to Oscar shill be feeding off a lot of information and runners to go out and driving some runs.
Speaker 2: Also this season, Andy Paie has has not missed the beat since day one of spring training. He he is oosing confidence since the first day of spring training. He came ready to play and he's building off a tremendous rookie season.
Speaker 6: He is, and I think you see a more confident player, a guy that you know you don't have to be moving up and down the lineup. Maybe occasionally you get somebody to day off and move him up. But he understands where he is. He follows the game.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 6: One thing Piz was telling me, Dave was that hitting this low at times, it's always beneficial to see how other guys are being pitched to. And he goes, no matter what, maybe they're not gonna pitch to me like they're gonna pitch Mookie Betts or Tiasca. But I know that if I see a guy throwing a break the ball, many times, I don't see what's going to be landing. How many times is he gonna land it for a strike. That's my information. That's what I'm gonna take. And that's just a sign. It's pretty for a guy that perhaps went through a whole lot last season, ended up with twenty seven home runs and twenty seven doubles and close and out of RBIs. But I'm glad to hear at leads the information being passed them is going to be simplified a little bit more to you just go out there and be reactive and so far as you mentioned, says the first that bat and Tempi Diablo where he struck out looking when five pitches that he saw, he says, I'm gonna build off that at bat, and I think overall we're seeing some maturity, and I think overall him doing we're good. It's going to take some pressure. I've selling the bigger guys too, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Jose, thanks a lot for checking in.
Speaker 2: We'll see you tomorrow night before the Dodgers head out on their first road trip of the season.
Speaker 6: I know how much you're looking forward to going north to Canada, so I look forward to seeing you there too, Buddy, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look forward to it as well. Thanks Ose.
Speaker 2: Jose Mota, part of the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast, checks in after every game here on Dodger Talk. All Right, Tomorrow the finale of this opening homestand it's been eventful, to say the least. Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck began at four o'clock tomorrow, with first pitch at five twenty. Yama Moto will be making his second start of the season, going up against Gavin Williams. A successful opening day start for Yama Moto against the Diamondbacks. He'll be looking to build off that and catching the first pitch on Yoshi Bobblehead night. So look forward to that and the Dodgers winning the series. Thanks to Colin Yee back at our Burbank Studios, thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Stadium, and thanks to you for listening.
Speaker 2: In case you missed any of the show or our great Karma pregame conversation with Max Munsey who Homer tonight, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: If you want to follow us on social media at official.
Speaker 2: Evass, on Instagram, on x at the Real Underscore DV and you can find our instagram live on AM five seventy LA Sports Coming up Next, Fox Sports Radio, Ben Mallar, I'm sure he's complaining about something when he joins coming up next, Have a great rest of your night.
Speaker 3: Once again.
Speaker 2: The final score the Dodgers beat the Guardians four to one.