Speaker 1: I'm thirty one to day.
Speaker 2: By the way, okay, looking for well, this is a fun looking looking for a real connection this holiday. It's just lunch at KFA and are giving one lucky listener a chance to win a complimentary three month It's just Lunch Lunch Membership, the personalized matchmaking service that sets you up on fun, meaningful dates with people you'll actually want to meet. Head over to KFA dot comics. He were contest to enter today. Do you have to marry him? No, it's it's just lunch. It's just lunch, got it?
Speaker 1: Okay? Cool? Maryam?
Speaker 3: Yeah, lunch is the perfect time a dictionary to go on a first date.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: It takes a pressure off, right, Just get lunch.
Speaker 3: You don't have to get like a late dinner and drinks and stuff and yeah make it all weird.
Speaker 5: Just get lunch. What's going on for later? The other times? Right when you're getting ready to.
Speaker 1: Sure, throw some lunch.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 6: I was taking to.
Speaker 5: Starting a different company called It's us Boots.
Speaker 6: Think it's a good idea. I let me know.
Speaker 1: That's a door off.
Speaker 7: You'll do those spots, let me know, true do the news lifetime subscription?
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, for sure?
Speaker 2: This is KMFA News with Chris Hockey is sented by the twenty twenty six IIHF World Junior Championship. Tell me about it, Barrel Juniors MN two six dot com.
Speaker 1: Get your tickets today.
Speaker 2: It's you gonna fast great stocking stuff for great Christmas present. Bring old family down to Grand Casino Arena or three Am Arena Mirucci and watch some.
Speaker 1: Great great hockey. Yeah man, and here's a great hockey.
Speaker 6: Oh that's so sweet you.
Speaker 8: Nearly two years after a fire destroyed the historic Loots and Lodge, state investigators say owner Bryce James Campbell has been arrested in charge with darson and insurance fraud. UH Court documents outline in financial troubic seating fourteen million dollar internet searches about gly call leaks, and surveillance showing Campbell driving away from the area with his fist in the air.
Speaker 6: No parts it is.
Speaker 3: When is the collective concept of criminals going to understand that you cannot Google search things before you commit crimes.
Speaker 8: I can't believe how often I read Yeah, you were searching for what now?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: It's like I googled how can I hire a hit man without my husband finding out.
Speaker 1: The Feds are going to see you at search in your toast.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's no way explaining out of that one.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: On the debt, that's a lot of debt.
Speaker 5: He could have just instead of burning the place down, he should have just called the hotline or called the fan and tried to win the initials.
Speaker 9: Just guess the initials in it for sure.
Speaker 3: One hundred and five thousand dollars. Now you don't have to burn the place to the ground.
Speaker 2: You never googled how to rob the louver before you went to Paris? Did you question?
Speaker 1: Man, I'm not going to give you access to miss search history.
Speaker 5: That's still the timing that was preposterous or was it?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know, but DoD's still a free man.
Speaker 5: So Chris is google search history how to get a stepmom unstuck?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, actually it's the other way around, guilty.
Speaker 8: Where can I find a The Midwest is getting its first real taste of winter. The polar blast of freezing air from Canada has plunged into the US, potentially breaking dozens of daily record low temperatures from the planes to the northeast.
Speaker 6: There's Nick Melinda Walker. Yeah, terrible timing.
Speaker 3: Nick, Yeah, not the ideal months to do it, like screaming like that would throw them off balance, you would think.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 8: Today, temperatures were in the teens blow zero in areas of Iowa and Minnesota. Of course, wisconsinus out to go to. The cold weather will persist through the afternoon, with parts of the Midwest seeing temperatures of twenty five degrees below average for this time of year. Tomorrow, single digital is expected to be felt from the Great Lakes to New England. Next week snow cross begins and they got eighteen inches of snow up there in Ironwood, Michigan, where we're going next week. So it's benefiting some people. And I got to believe the ski mountains are happy about it.
Speaker 5: Sure, for sure. You know what I mean saying about colobial trails up there too.
Speaker 6: I believe it.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about going skiing at Lewison, getting some drinks and some food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nope, the funniest thing happened.
Speaker 1: I guess I'll go somewhere else.
Speaker 8: The Athletics, since this their new stadium is going to be ready in time for the twenty twenty eight season.
Speaker 1: Good when they say that, they insist.
Speaker 6: That leads me to believe that people are doubting it. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 8: The team sets constructions now underway and they expect the two billion dollars to be ready in just over two years. Nevada and Clark County. We'll fund about three hundred and eighty million dollars at the project a's owner Jeff Nope. John Fisher says he'll cover the rest himself. He's been looking for investors, but yesterday A team officials did not offer any updates on the funding. While the stadium is being built, the Athletics are playing their games at a minor league ballfield in West Sacramento.
Speaker 3: Now, if this thing turns really south, you'll know it because the new stadium in Vegas will be set on fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, for sure.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 1: It worked for Lutzen Nope.
Speaker 3: But again, if you're ever really in debt and you need like a lot of money quickly, you're in the best city possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Las Vegas, Nevada. Just go win it, like the guy from FedEx.
Speaker 6: Yes yeah. Or it could be that you had enough to fund the stadium and then you didn't.
Speaker 3: Well, then you just called Jack Prescott. That's all he does, and he does it well and you're out of out of all the trouble. Big deal he just filed for chapter eleven. No big deal.
Speaker 6: We'll start over a longer chapter.
Speaker 1: You get out of jail free card. Chapter eleven.
Speaker 8: Authorities recalling a massive drug bust in Central Florida breaking bad on steroids. Je police arrested twenty six year old Matthew Horvath after seizing nearly ninety two pounds of seven zero. The drug is a krodam byproduct with opioid like effects. The street value of the seizure was more than four and a half million dollars. Authorities also uncovered automatic weapons, grenade simulators IED's and fifty not a fan of those, Nope, and fifty pounds of explosive precursor chemicals.
Speaker 10: That's a huge bitch.
Speaker 8: This follows a month long investigation involving the DEAATF.
Speaker 6: And local law enforcement. Wow, that's a lot of drugs.
Speaker 1: And a lot of explosives and guns.
Speaker 6: Yeah, lawyers, guns and money.
Speaker 5: See you think though, too, if you have all that stuff and you've got the grenade simul and you're apparently die. By the way, simulate their grenade simulators are they're like fake grenades. No, generally those will be they'll pop. They weigh the same as a grenade, so that's what you train with, so you can practice throwing them.
Speaker 1: Why would this guy want to simulator?
Speaker 5: No, I well he wants to practice for when he's throwing real grenades, or.
Speaker 6: He just wants to walk into a place and say.
Speaker 1: Look what I got.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but our grenade simulators were blue, so they're clearly not real grenades.
Speaker 4: And so that's.
Speaker 3: Hopefully the people he's threatening aren't smart enough to realize that the blue grenades aren't the real one.
Speaker 5: I believe they don't serve in the military.
Speaker 1: Go, that's fake.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he has all this stuff and then he just went down without a fight.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like that's you lose all your street credit. He must have been tired.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's going to get pounded in prison.
Speaker 3: Some Dove Lambert just ratted him out, right, Sure, somebody flipped and Dove Lambert red on this guy.
Speaker 1: Oh that's what dovs do. They rad them out.
Speaker 4: They do.
Speaker 6: Just because he's got a rat tail doesn't mean his rat.
Speaker 3: Oh god, now he's gonna do that, you know, you know he just heard that, and he's like, great idea, I haven't had a rat tail since I was twelve.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was gonna guess he had one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, most lambers have rat tails.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I'd like to watch him fight an orangutang.
Speaker 4: Same.
Speaker 8: Speaking of that, a new pair of orangutangs are joining the Louisville Zoo family.
Speaker 9: Oh convenient transit, Zoo official say, thirty eight year old a female orangutang, Samugu, and her seven year old daughter Kira have arrived at.
Speaker 6: The zoo for filming. I'm sorry the.
Speaker 8: Starting in the spring, the two will be feelable in outdoor habitats with the zoo's three other orangutangs. This marks the first time in nearly three decades the new orangutangs have been brought to the Louisville Zoo.
Speaker 6: Right, turn Clyde, all.
Speaker 3: Right, so I would get ninety plus percent of people say a rangutang with a G at the end, right, like you just did. That's exactly how I say it too. I don't think that's how you say it.
Speaker 6: I think correct, probably right, it's probably rangutans.
Speaker 3: Almost everybody. Almost everybody says it with a G. No weird, weird, wonder how that happens?
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: It must have been from some I don't know, maybe early cartoon or TV show.
Speaker 3: There must have been a way that we heard it like that collectively and then just never turned back.
Speaker 8: And I've said it from the very beginning. I said it to Clyde the orangutang. You can't try to get me to change it now.
Speaker 1: No, exactly, it's too late. You should have told.
Speaker 6: Us you can't change your nickname now years ago.
Speaker 1: All right, So you're going with tang.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 8: God, he must hate it. And every time I say it, he's like, you must you can't be talking about you talking to me. I'm not an orangutang. I'm an orangutan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell, Billy, that sounds so wrong.
Speaker 8: And then and he wins because even though they got tiny arms, as Nate Bargatsi says, they're very very strong.
Speaker 3: Hey, if if it is truly not tang at the end, right, if you're supposed to say it without the G, because the G is not at the end of the word. You know, we came up with the word. We could just add a G and say nevermind, we hear it the fan now, Well, I'm just collectively, that's like the fifth time I've used the word collectively, But collectively we could just say, hey, science, people that name animals, can we just add a G?
Speaker 1: The rest of us are just saying it with the G anyway.
Speaker 8: Do you think they said, I'm busy, They're busy doing experiments and what not.
Speaker 1: Sure, I mean, somebody has to name these things. Let's just add the G. That can be edited.
Speaker 6: The hell's going on there?
Speaker 5: I'm trying to get the pronunciation. But that's actually the sounds that they make is that that was actual?
Speaker 1: Your tabs still open. We have to be guaranteed human.
Speaker 6: That sounded way more.
Speaker 5: Like that was in the wild. It did sounded like a green needle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: See, it.
Speaker 2: Says people pronounce orangutan with a final G sound due to phonetic assimilation, where the N at the end blends with the preceding U sound in the middle of the word. Again some more natural in English.
Speaker 6: God, I don't care at all.
Speaker 5: And it says here it says that people say that way because people like repeating syllables.
Speaker 1: Yeah, h listen to this. Then let's just change it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're in charge.
Speaker 1: We're in charge. We named it the first time. We can change the name another.
Speaker 11: One, Pete had a shut down. This was again like the nineteen eighties.
Speaker 6: I was alive.
Speaker 11: You could fight an orangutang kind of figure. They would have an orangutan just sitting in a boxing ring, and guys would pay.
Speaker 1: To fight it. And I say guys, because I.
Speaker 11: I just can't imagine one woman ever fought this ring. I think you can put an a ring and tang in a room of a thousand women and when they walked out, like, did anybody fight it? They can never crossed their mind to fight it. But three men in that room.
Speaker 1: Two of those men will fight that rings.
Speaker 6: It's the best man.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, it's the best.
Speaker 6: He's so good.
Speaker 1: MAT's so good.
Speaker 6: Oh, he's so good.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: That was the news. Parish should be here in a second. Marnie should be here in a second. Johnny Ka, good to see you as always, buddy. If somebody wants to book you for a speech in twenty twenty six, what.
Speaker 4: Do they do?
Speaker 5: They should go to John Creesel dot com put in the speaking request. My wife will get back to you with all the details and we'll figure it out. John Kriesel dot com. I love you, guys, Go Vikings Go JJ McCarthy and I will see y'all next Friday. J, I love you Sports in a second, Marni and Parish in a second initials one hour from now.
Speaker 1: This is the Power to Morney Show on the Hey Vikings Fans.
Speaker 2: It is a purple Friday, and that means we're taking your talkback for tickets all day us the talkback feature in the iHeartRadio app right now to tell us who you think will be the difference maker for the Vikings this Sunday for your shot out a pair of tickets to the showdown but the Commanders Hey Full details at Cafe.
Speaker 1: Dot comcor Contests.
Speaker 8: Hi, mister Mark Parrish, I missed your face.
Speaker 1: I missed your see buddy, you guys missed each other's faces.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I didn't. I like that guy.
Speaker 8: He's my friend. I see you every day. You're my friend too, But I don't miss you. You got to be gone for me to miss.
Speaker 1: You, know, I mean, yeah that happens.
Speaker 6: Did you just turn the camera yourself or did it do it itself? You did that? Yeah, that's pretty cool man.
Speaker 1: That's sick.
Speaker 8: It's pretty sick man, bro technology, Gosh, you.
Speaker 6: Should film pornographies.
Speaker 3: Wow, remember he got offered to Man, I'm been trying. Hey, you got offered to the backed up, But I just I like that.
Speaker 1: That's the truth. They backed out, you didn't. I. Hey, you were gonna get paid. That makes me feel better.
Speaker 8: You're the spills and of pornography. Spielberg of pornography.
Speaker 3: Steven spill some, spill some. I believe your first movie also was Jaws.
Speaker 6: Oh my Jaws as well?
Speaker 3: Is also e t hey Close Encounters of the Third hind Eddie.
Speaker 6: Theres the extra testicle.
Speaker 1: That's good. Keep going, sauce, you do one. I don't know, Steven Spielberg movies A lot of people in the great Dude, that's good.
Speaker 6: A local chef has found her home sweet home in the first ever Home Hunter's episode filmed in Duluth.
Speaker 8: The episode, which aired last Saturday and HG TV, followed the loose native Jillian four as she looked for a house with space character and lake fuse in the city's Hillside neighborhood. Real estate agent Jesse Ericson and friend Matt Lenberg joined Forte on the hunt. De Luke showed up with the lake fuse, Hillside charm and all the quirky, lovable features that make this place home. She wrote on a social page. The episode titled fire Dancing in Duluth. That's inappropriate. We can be streamed on HGTV in prime video. Oh I see why. Now here's its description. A fire dancer looks to buy a house in her hometown of Duluth.
Speaker 3: Minnesota, fire dancing big up North, particularly in Lutsen.
Speaker 6: Okay, I like what you just did there.
Speaker 8: She's looking for a project that has character in a room for her own, for her daughter to grow. Man, there's some great neighborhoods on the hill, and right, don't you those all the houses that have been sitting there forever.
Speaker 1: I know, But no offense to all of our listeners.
Speaker 3: That hill this year, this month to a basically March or April.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a death slide.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 3: I have no interest in living on a hill that's that cold and that slippery and that icy.
Speaker 4: No thanks.
Speaker 6: It was eight years old. I broke my leg.
Speaker 2: I did some good partying up there back in my friend's college days. And uh yeah, we had one time where I made basically empty the whole house to get me my car out of there.
Speaker 1: In the winter. No fun.
Speaker 6: I think it's fun.
Speaker 8: And the the house apparently was it two hundred and eighty five thousand dollars, So what I'm saying, it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 6: I love it. I like those.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 8: If you, if you ever you know your time, and you want to go up there, you can see where where Bob Dylan's grandma grew up.
Speaker 6: Just a regular house. It's still sitting there, right, and then you turn left and you.
Speaker 1: Go tack your hands up. Bob Dylan's grandma, well.
Speaker 6: You know, uh, she's a girl from the Norse country. So yeah, she produces artists, right.
Speaker 8: Uh, it's probably no longer with us, I'm guessing, but uh anyway, but great, great houses, beautiful.
Speaker 6: I love to loose man. And there's a great family.
Speaker 2: Sauna, yes, well reviewed, very well reviewed, and other stuff in the loud.
Speaker 6: Down Tuxo.
Speaker 1: Bob Dylan's grandma and Dluf family saw.
Speaker 7: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, presented by All Around your Timber Tech deck building contractor.
Speaker 1: The Minnesota Vikings host the Commanders. But we'll talk about that next segment. You're obsessed with me, Wow.
Speaker 11: Dude, I know It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed, I agree, snark got a Alex Trebeck man, what.
Speaker 6: A what a snark?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Man, the Vikings.
Speaker 3: My kiddo yesterday asked me why do people go on Jeopardy and I go to win an flow of money?
Speaker 6: And that's how about the money? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, you don't wish you had been so condescending.
Speaker 1: You don't want so much money.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know what's awesome though, back to the fact that the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union initials jackpot is one hundred and five thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, think about this.
Speaker 3: You could spend thirty or forty years of your life trying to obtain as much knowledge as you possibly can and turn your brain into a Ken Jennings esque encyclopedia. Get on Jeopardy, catch Fire, win for ten or twenty games in a row, rack up a bunch of money, and be really happy with yourself, going like, man, all that study and paid off, thank you. Or in one hour you can just call and guest two letters and I'll give you one hundred and five thousand dollars and you can be the dumbest son of a bitch on the planet and just go, uh, letter A letter b Boom, here's the money out the door.
Speaker 1: Not nice.
Speaker 3: That's why gambling kicks ass the best because you don't have to be smarter to roulette will you just have to have the number drop right in there and you're rich.
Speaker 4: Take that.
Speaker 1: Mechanical engineers, yeah, take.
Speaker 3: That, doctors, mechanical animals, Take that hedge fund manager guy, even though that's gambling too, you know what I'm saying, right, but you're putting down Yeah forget learning, Yeah, learning suckers.
Speaker 6: He's got that right, You got that right.
Speaker 1: My youngest right now, in math, not a lot, not a long enough paused their core? What did I How did I word it?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: No, you just you're supposed to we're supposed to stop talking, and then you're we're supposed to have like, oh, fifteen seconds of sign got it?
Speaker 1: Got it before? Yeah? All right, I'll see if I can do it right after this.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: In math now she's dealing with probability and she's like, I just don't get it, and I'm like, well, look, there's a whole bunch of math you go through in school that is just to challenge your brain. Ninety nine percent of people aren't going to use hardcore algebra or calculus when they're older. It's just to challenge your brain. It's a puzzle. Try to figure out the puzzle. I go probability, though. I wish I would have been told how much of a degenerate gambler I was going to be when I was younger, so when I hit probability in school, I would have locked in and focused right, because this stuff matters the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: Probability matters.
Speaker 3: Risk reward, Yeah, investments, Yeah, math, let's go.
Speaker 1: She's like, I don't get it, and I'm like, oh god, I'm so.
Speaker 7: But Gianna works hard at math because then you don't have to I don't. I mean, it's it's not math anymore. And I'm one of those ninety nine point nine percent you were talking about.
Speaker 1: Corey Yep, yep. The Flames beat the wild four to one.
Speaker 6: What well, you hate me? You're obsessed?
Speaker 1: You guys don't want me here?
Speaker 3: Trent And tied it at one late in the second period Parish, but Calgary put up three in the third.
Speaker 1: They go on to win four to one.
Speaker 3: First regulation loss for the Minnesota whild since November sixth.
Speaker 7: Yeah, which is absolutely incredible. Yeah, that what a what a fun run it was on everybody was having fun. You could tell how much the guys, how much fun the guys were having on the ice, you know, and that just filters right through all of us fans. The great thing about this team now is, you know, we have a mature team now. It's I don't think we're gonna have to worry about the ups and downs that we've had in the past couple of years. I think we're going to find a team here that's found what they can do, and we're gonna see little blips on the screen Storry Hawk.
Speaker 8: No, that's okay, buddy. I just we have a special guest. We're gonna get back to your your wild figure.
Speaker 1: That's Red Figured.
Speaker 6: That's right, buddy.
Speaker 8: For the second consecutive year, Vikings fall Back Siege has been voted as the team's nominee for the NFL's Walter Payton Man of the Year Work. Congratulations to our guests on the phone right now, our friends CJ. Ham, Congratulations, Cjay.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you guys. Thank you means a lot.
Speaker 6: Absolutely. I know we only have ten minutes here So what's this mean to you?
Speaker 8: I know you do a lot of work with Boys and Girls Club, all kinds of pamper her purple, many different things.
Speaker 6: What's the mean to you to be nominated? Why do you do that kind of thing?
Speaker 10: It means the world to me. I mean, after last year being able to experience it and being with thirty one other guys who have impacted their communities in just tremendous ways.
Speaker 4: Man, it's just such an honor to even be mentioned in that category. And you know, I'm just thankful. I'm humbled that my.
Speaker 10: Teammates see that the work that my family and I have been able to do in the people that we've been able to be a part of mean something, and just again just humbled. Man, it's awesome.
Speaker 8: Well, and you mentioned your family because your wife, Stephanie's a huge part of what you do, isn't she absolutely?
Speaker 10: My wife, my kids, I mean, everything that we do, we do it as a family. That's kind of our family model is to see a need, feel a need, see people, love people, know people.
Speaker 3: And that's what's cool CJ about this group is we talked a lot about this last year when you guys were having crazy success. The team was killing it, and we're like, man, this team in the locker room is a really good group of guys, And in the history of the Vikings we haven't always been able to say that, but man, we're like, this is a group you can cheer for.
Speaker 1: They're fourteen and three, they're killing it.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: This year obviously not going the way you guys want it four and eight, but that doesn't mean that the guys in the locker room are different, right, This is still a good group of guys that still do a lot of stuff in the community. We saw that first hand with Toys for Tots on Tuesday, and now again, like Chris just mentioned, you're the Walter Payton Man of the Year nominee for the second consecutive year because you bust your ass. Whether you're fourteen and three or four and eight, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 10: Yeah, absolutely, And I think you hit the nail on the head. I mean, obviously, my job is to go out there and win games and hopefully win a Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: That's what every team is trying to do.
Speaker 10: But at the end of the day, like that's the NFL. There's there's there's some seasons that are going to be great. There's other seasons where it's gonna be tough and you gotta roll with the punches. You got to continue to put your best foot forward. But at the end of the day, how you treat people like that's going to last with you forever. And I think we've got a great group of guys, a great team who truly cares about people. This organization, our owners, they've they've they've always put that out there.
Speaker 8: All thirty two nominees are recognized at the NFL Honors event, which is right before the Super Bowl in February last year. What was that event like and what about it?
Speaker 6: What? What what surprised you about it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, that was definitely our first time being in any type of setting like that.
Speaker 4: It was really cool. You know.
Speaker 10: I I've seen them, I've seen them on TV all the time, but just seeing what what all goes into that, how it's how it's orchestrated, the little fine details of where you have to be at a certain time. It felt kind of cool to be to be in that in that scene.
Speaker 1: For once.
Speaker 8: Real quick, because again, I know you got to go to meetings and we appreciate it. I do want to ask you about this week's game. But we just did a story about Duluth, Minnesota having a home on one of those the House for Sale shows on HGTV. You grew up in Duluth, did you have problems with the ice on the hills in the winter time?
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 10: I mean I didn't drive much in Duluth. I didn't get my license until I was in college. So but looking back at it, I'm just like, I don't know, Like when I go back now, I don't know how people drive.
Speaker 4: On these roads in the middle of the winter.
Speaker 10: Like it's got to be the scariest thing, you know, these there's on on the hill, the hills almost going straight down and you're going fifty fifty miles an hour?
Speaker 4: Like how do you stop?
Speaker 10: Like it's I mean, people do it, but I yeah.
Speaker 4: It's crazy. It's crazy to think about and see. But people do it every day.
Speaker 1: Why did you wait so long to get your license?
Speaker 10: I just I just didn't need to, you know, well, drivers ed was expensive, you know, I took the public transportation of my dad.
Speaker 4: With my dad would bring me places I needed to.
Speaker 10: Go, where I'd find rides, and it was it was just cheaper.
Speaker 4: Intigated when I was eighteen.
Speaker 6: Again.
Speaker 5: C J.
Speaker 8: Ham is our guest, and congratulations again the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award for the second year in a row, the nominee for the Minnesota Vikings. Quickly, before we let you get to your meeting, there's a feeling in the radio station that this is going to be a great week, not only for the Vikings but for your young quarterback. Does that feeling trans into the locker room down there as well? For some reason, people are walking around here going this feels like the week things come together.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 10: I mean every single week we put together a game plan and go out here and practice and and and feel confident.
Speaker 4: So this this week is no different.
Speaker 10: You know, we're happy to have have JJ and we're gonna go out there and uh, you know, do what we have to do on Sunday and get a win.
Speaker 3: Well, congrats, I'm being nominated again. You're an awesome dude. Keep doing some great work on and off the field, and we'll talk to you down the road.
Speaker 1: TJ.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it, man, congrats, appreciate So thank you.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 4: C J. M.
Speaker 6: I realized during the interround'm like he's from.
Speaker 7: The wait a minute.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to ask Hi about the family sauna, even though Zach kept going ask him, ask him, ask him.
Speaker 1: You didn't use the hands like Marny was one using the hand. Made it through the snow. You made it.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 1: The roads are bad, yes, and I apologize for being late.
Speaker 12: Usually usually I'm really in tune with the weather forecast. And I did not realize we were going to get a good inch of snow this morning.
Speaker 1: It's a real nuisance out there. Roads are not good.
Speaker 8: I must I sit in here in a room all by myself until the markets here. I didn't no snow and outside right now?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can't tell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it took took a little while.
Speaker 6: To get here mine this morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you guys both made it. You're both here saying.
Speaker 8: It's Friday day. Hopefully it snows about nineteen feet tonight.
Speaker 1: Couldn't agree more.
Speaker 8: And we get uh, just nice fire going up and looten got a friends and it's.
Speaker 6: Just a cuddly Christmas kind of feel, you know what I mean. Perfect, Let's do it. Christmas Tree weekend. Blanket us. It's Christmas Tree weekend. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? You don't have it up already.
Speaker 6: I don't have my real one out.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I have a fakie? How many?
Speaker 6: I don't mind fakis?
Speaker 1: We all would have bet that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, as long as they look nice and when you get decorated, I didn't mind if they're a little wobbly, decorate them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I want to have a natural wobble. That's right.
Speaker 8: But then but we also have to wait a while to get it then the real one, because if you don't, then they start to, uh, yes, deterior.
Speaker 7: That's what we're going to get ours this weekend, because yeah, is a week We've gotten it too soon before.
Speaker 12: It's how many trees will you have in your house? If you have the one reel, do you litter the rest with the artificial?
Speaker 6: I feel like that's a derogatory way to say, but don't.
Speaker 1: Apologies to the tree.
Speaker 6: I have three.
Speaker 8: I have three, have one upstairs, the real one downstairs, and then a little one in case I forget it's Christmas as I'm walking up the stairs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are they are they themed Christmas trees?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Have you not seen?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Christmas?
Speaker 6: That's what you mean?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 12: No, some well, some people have like the white tree and all the ornaments are white and in the hockey family.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, that's wonderful, thank you.
Speaker 12: And one could be like your sports tree and all of your your favorite teams are represented with ornaments on this tree, and I like.
Speaker 1: I like the idea you said. They're different sizes, and.
Speaker 6: I have some ideas with themes. Okay, what are the Lacey? This one's lay? This one was lazy.
Speaker 1: This was lacey, Like all your ornaments are made of lace?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean they're not made of lace. There's just very lace, lace.
Speaker 1: Or pictures of lace. The American gladiated lady.
Speaker 6: And that's what I meant.
Speaker 1: Okay. Of course I don't know if her actual name was Lacey, but.
Speaker 12: The god given name where you're just hanging Lacey, I wouldn't what garments okay on the trail like Doiley's Lacey Lacey Doiley's Yes.
Speaker 6: I hadn't thought about it, but now I will do that. Thank you. Yeah, thanking him more, Mordye, Marn's well done. I don't think that didn't come out right. No, Hey, are you going to Fargo with me?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 6: Sam, are you going with Mary? You're gonna meet me there?
Speaker 12: I don't know, because well I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know my insportation yet.
Speaker 6: Got it, got it.
Speaker 12: I'm waiting to be asked hmmm by anyone.
Speaker 6: Understand.
Speaker 1: I'll drive you Martins. Okay, I just have to be.
Speaker 2: Back here by like five. So if you if we want to leave by like midnight, no like eight p here's.
Speaker 8: The problem, Marnsy Warnsey yep, uh, your god given name. Yes, I have a speech at Jackpot Junction on Tuesday night and then I have to drive from Jackpot Junction to Fargo to do the broadcast on Friday.
Speaker 6: Morning on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Yep, Tuesday, Wednesday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, So you could come with me, but you would have to go to junk Jackpot Junction with me. Oh no, wait on me to do my speech mental health?
Speaker 3: Would you would you want to go to junk Pod Junction?
Speaker 1: Junk Pod?
Speaker 12: Would you then be driving to Fargo on the night of Tuesday after your speech or will you stay over night at Jackpot Junction and hit the.
Speaker 1: Road real early?
Speaker 6: I want to be driving after my speech.
Speaker 12: Okay, so you'll stay in Fargo, that is correct, And he'll only text and drive eighty percent of the time only to stay awake.
Speaker 1: And just to check constantly check road conditions on his phone.
Speaker 2: And he's got a nice two queen room at the Motel six in Fargo.
Speaker 8: I said, where'd you find him?
Speaker 12: Two queens and one king. Well, I am waiting on travel plans, and my mom and my brother live in Fargo, so I don't need lodging, right.
Speaker 6: Luna, Lola, Yeah, nailed it. What about Martley or whatever?
Speaker 1: Markie, that's her sister. As you'll recall, she lives north of Seattle.
Speaker 6: She'll be in town.
Speaker 1: No, no, she nor her husband will be in town. There's the town.
Speaker 6: I don't mind. You can come along.
Speaker 12: The town they live in in Washington. Yeah, is called Seedrow. Wooly, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: And the town has a theme song, obviously Wooly Bully.
Speaker 6: Is he not the wide receiver for the Dell's Couples?
Speaker 3: Different one? Viking's News is next. The show will get better. This is the power Throw morning show on the Fan.
Speaker 2: We all remember that one teacher who made a difference, who believed in us, who challenged us, and or just made learning fun. Now's your chance to say thank you in a big way with iheartradios. Think a teacher powered by donors choose nominated an outstanding public school teacher who's got above and beyond for their students to win five thousand dollars to stock their classroom with whatever they need. Help us say thank you to the educators shaping our future. Nominating your favorite teacher now at iHeartRadio dot com slash Teachers.
Speaker 1: Donate some money to some teachers. You know they need it. Yes, the best they have earned it.
Speaker 6: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Just go to the casino and win some money and then hand them some of the money. House money. Excellent plan, Yep, gamble.
Speaker 2: The kids fuse, they'll do the what was the the tab thing whatever that on the cereal box tops or.
Speaker 1: Oh I remember that, I remember that. Yeah, get them out and collect them. Those are the days the good. Tried cinnamon cheerios the other day and they were a plus.
Speaker 6: I've heard good things.
Speaker 1: I have not tried them yet though with malk.
Speaker 3: No, malk right right, A handful of just a handful of like it's like cinnamon protein cheerios. But I probably should try them with a bowl of Kemp's milk. I'll tell you what you know.
Speaker 8: Now you milk, I tell you what the say you need to try hot cocoa flavored Life Cereal.
Speaker 6: It's so good.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 3: I don't believe I've ever had any flavor of Life Cereal once in my entire life.
Speaker 1: You got to get out at once.
Speaker 6: Do you have to like heat it up?
Speaker 7: You get the real hot cocoa, we feel out of it, or you just eat it.
Speaker 6: I never even thought about it.
Speaker 3: Eating up cereal is psychotic. Well, hot coco I'm just going with that. I've done it.
Speaker 1: I think they're just going for the flavor, not the temperature. But I get what you're saying.
Speaker 12: Cinnamon toast crunch you eat cold, whereas if you had a slice of cinnamon toast, you know, hope it was warm.
Speaker 6: You're making a lot of sense to me.
Speaker 1: It's just got to make the leap, you know, That's right. I have a little faith from once marchees.
Speaker 6: Yeah, come on, have a little faith. I'm a doubter.
Speaker 3: Come on.
Speaker 6: George Michael on The Power Trip presented a success, a get to our friend CJ. Ham for appearing on the part of Morning Show, and congratulations on your nominie yesterday. The Man, the Myth, the Legend.
Speaker 8: Justin Jefferson addressed the gathered media and told him how to calm down. Here's why he didn't talk to reporters after the game on Sunday.
Speaker 13: Yeah, just frustrating on the on the game, coming out with zero points is never something that I'm satisfied with. We lost, you know, and obviously I just feel like it's the same thing.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm gonna I'm gonna be.
Speaker 13: Sitting there telling y'all guys the same exact you know thing that that I've said for the past couple of weeks. Uh, you know, the offense needs to get it better, and you know, we need to focus up and execute and all of the things that we've been saying the whole season. So just you know, the frustration and the emotions definitely was high after the game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I get it, Yeah for sure. Especially you know, I hated getting shut outs. That was a goal scorer.
Speaker 7: That was my job to put points on the board for my team.
Speaker 1: That drove me nuts.
Speaker 7: We got shut out more than any if we lost by one goal. So I can imagine a guy like Justin Jefferson at his level, he's got to be just yeah, beside himself.
Speaker 6: But I love how professional.
Speaker 7: He's handling it. He's handling it maturely. He's handling it the right way. It's all about the team. He understands that. I love what I hear out of him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you're not going to say something nice, don't say anything at.
Speaker 1: All, Amen, Well then I'm going to go home.
Speaker 6: That's why I tell you.
Speaker 3: JJ McCarthy was a full participant in practice. Of course, he's coming out of the concussion protocol. That's why he missed last week. Dari Saw and Levi Drake Rodriguez did not practice, although Darras Saw was a full participant on Wednesday. That's what he does sometimes, right, So who knows? They're limited in practice yesterday. Grenard Donovan Jackson, Theo Jackson, Aaron Jones, Josh mattelis on the other side, full participant quarterback jayde and Daniels of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 6: He'll play. This isn't great though.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, they're not. They don't quite have the electricity they had last year, do there?
Speaker 3: But he's missed a ton of games. That's part of the problem. He's been injured.
Speaker 6: In case you guys are wondering, I'm in eighteen hundred and twelfth place in the CIRCA millions. I was just wondering that. My god, it took me a long time to find my name. I've been looking since I was talking.
Speaker 7: I've been wondering what he's been scrolling down here this whole time.
Speaker 3: Well we should mention, by the way, speaking of Circa Survivor, Marty, you remember when we did it the first time and then you missed the deadline and yep, and Sauce is.
Speaker 1: Like Corey would have let her stay in.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I think it's kind of whatever that we had a noon kickoff or a noon deadline, But that was the rule.
Speaker 1: I guess whatever you said. Hey, you said I screwed up. That's right. I forgot eight am. You said I screwed up. My fault. I don't deserve to be in.
Speaker 3: Did you see who missed the deadline yesterday? Paul meets Sauce. Lambert did not know see the deadline. He meets Austin when he was up in Bentley, Villy wasn't paying attention. So I think there were six or seven of you left and Sauce forgot to get a pick in.
Speaker 1: So he is out. That's right, he's out out.
Speaker 6: He's out.
Speaker 1: So I'm still stressing with my life.
Speaker 7: A few weeks ago, I decided, you know, it was too much stress. Yeah, that was why I didn't forget you were. It was just it was too much stress, that's it. So yeah, yeah, I couldn't take to nack.
Speaker 1: Your hands up. Too much pressure.
Speaker 2: Voting starts today on in the final four dot com.
Speaker 3: We did not beat We beat Pat mcafe beat Pat McAfee a.
Speaker 1: You guys are monsters.
Speaker 3: We up against the fantasy football podcast that took out PA.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's tough, man.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna need all of you to go to the sixty four dot com uh later today. I don't think it starts still later this morning, but it goes through the weekend. So podcast listeners, et cetera, you need to get there because I feel like they're the only ones who else who cares about this, I.
Speaker 3: Think, right for sure. Well, and let's just say this too. We just were happy to get invited. Yeah, like, you know, we weren't even expecting to win more than a game or so at the most.
Speaker 1: But we just thought it was super cool. We got invited. PA got invited in a common got invited.
Speaker 3: The three of us got invited to this sixty four podcast Slash Sports Radio bracket. Super cool that seventy five percent of the power the akfaan lineup got in. That was super awesome. And uh yeah, sure we took out Common and now we're in the finals against some fantasy football.
Speaker 6: It's incredible, it's incredible.
Speaker 1: We'll take it.
Speaker 6: I was shots to be nominated because we don't talk sports, well, almost never. What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Yesterday, Parish, we opened with a fifteen minute segment on Gremlin's two well yeah, yeah, which and how Chris wants to bang the female Gremlin? I never said those were you heavily implied, I insinuated you. You implied that you understood how that guy accepted his death and then was willing to bang her to stay alive. Two Birds, one stone exactly.
Speaker 1: Uh, you're very unselfish.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're up against fantasy football today. I'll go to thus sixty four dot com. I can't wait to see the fanfare that on the the big the big deal that I already would make out of this if one of their morning shows actually won the second.
Speaker 3: There's no doubt we're going to have one of those company wide meetings where the whole building, comes to the performance center and they give us some kind of a plaque and a presentation, and all the shows, you know, high five us and say like, job, well done. That's so cool that you get this recognition. We're really proud of you. This is gonna be a part of a fun team.
Speaker 8: This fantasy football today. Beat Tony Kornheiser. Sure, oh my gosh, well he had it coming.
Speaker 12: Yeah, man, the Whippy Finals, as in, this is the only two left, nothing, the final left.
Speaker 2: We beat Pat McAfee, we beat uh Ben Mallard and Mallar. We'd beat the common man Dan Cole took him out to eat the pivot arm.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 2: Morning Show with when We're in jail, Big deal and Petros and Money, Yeah, take that Petros and money.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And by the way, like all the shows, pardon my take, Stephen A. Smith, Bill Simmons Show, Doug Gottlieb, The Herd with Colin Coward, all these shows and we're one of the last two standards.
Speaker 3: Really, honestly though, excited to get invited, that was the best part.
Speaker 8: To actually be one of the sixty four was an a great honor. And now that we're top two, it's a it's an honor to be honored.
Speaker 1: No, what's crazy.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, the fans a cute little station. It's like we're not even the most listened to station in the building.
Speaker 6: K one o two is according to I had no idea until I saw that yesterday.
Speaker 1: Same yeah, oh yeah, yeah, apparently.
Speaker 8: That's what I Heeart Radio said that they're above everything.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and question.
Speaker 12: That somebody told you that, or there's like a measurement released it.
Speaker 1: They released it press release.
Speaker 6: They don't do those.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 12: I'm a country music lover, So I do listen to K one o two. So I did too, Trader, Yeah, and kfan and so I switched back and forth.
Speaker 1: Sure, but I would have thought KFN had more listeners. Yeah, many people would have not. You know, well may it's a Tuesday.
Speaker 6: Can I go back moment too? The fact that I'm an eighteen hundred and twelfth place in the circum million.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my record on the year.
Speaker 8: Right now, you pick five games a week using the spread, I'm thirty three and thirty two.
Speaker 6: I'm one of five five hun, that's solid. It's I'm shocked by that.
Speaker 1: You're you know, it's supposed to be a coin flip, right, I think. I think?
Speaker 3: Oh man, I have a couple of buddies that are professional sports betters. They can text me and tell me how oft I am. I believe you have to be in that fifty five to sixty percent range to be profitable. Well I think maybe even higher than that, but somewhere in that range.
Speaker 1: Like it's the margins are thin high, yeah, because it's hard.
Speaker 3: It's I mean again, it's supposed to be as close to a fifty to fifty coin flip as you can get. So I think you have to run five to ten percent higher to even have a chance at being profitable.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: Somebody, if Mike or Blake or somebody's listening to, just text me.
Speaker 8: Well, here's the thing, Corey, as you heard when I was talking to Chris this morning making my picks. I'm still not sure how the spread works.
Speaker 6: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I think what Corey basically says you have to get higher when you make your picks, that might help.
Speaker 6: It's like thanks Collective Soul fifty, so you haven't been smoking enough Creed.
Speaker 1: I mean yes, or Collective Soul works as well. I'm sure they got.
Speaker 12: Tell me your place again, and out of how many eighteen.
Speaker 8: Hundred and twelve out of let me look six hundred and eighty. Well, I mean there's a lot of ties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but so you're better than halfway.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, six hundred and eighty four is the last place, and the last place guy gets a million dollars, by the way, but he's got to pick every week. You can't just pick one.
Speaker 3: Right because because getting first and getting last statistically is almost identical, exactly, it's just as hard to intentionally pick no. Again, you could have started out intentionally trying to win and then quickly realized, oh my god, I'm off to a terrible start. Now I should just bomb the rest of the it. But then it's just as hard to pick the losers. It's the exact same choice. How do I pick the loser.
Speaker 12: Against the survivor pool, where you're just picking the winner. In this pool, you're picking against the.
Speaker 3: Right right in the survivor pool, you just forget to put your entry in and you're out right, yep, sauce yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do that in any round, don't.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So thirty three and thirty two is what I am. What do you think the number one leader is right now as far as how many games they've gotten right so far?
Speaker 1: Chris Carr out of sixty five, yes, man, five, I'm gonna say, let's go something like fifty three.
Speaker 6: Only forty seven. Oh okay, forty seven is the leader right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how hard it is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not easy, and I got thirty three. It feel good? Yeah, thanks man, really rolling, that's what I am.
Speaker 3: All right, We're going to do a quick fan five when we get back. Then in about fifteen minutes, one of you gets to crack at one hundred and five thousand dollars with the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union initials, Jackpop and Marnie Hawk, Parrish and Zach square off in Initials Game six.
Speaker 1: So six. This is the Power Trip Morning Show