Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a five seventy l A Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith the pipes, the pie.
Speaker 2: Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the petros In Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, you asked for too much? What you want? What you want?
Speaker 2: Trust some money.
Speaker 4: Am five to seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app, your home of the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers. We got a full four hour show today and we have play by play tonight. We got both we got Clippers v. Thunder and because it is a nationally televised game on one of the new NBA partners, they've decided in eight pm, tip is advisable, so we will go until seven pm. A pre game with Adam Ousland. Tip with Carlow at eight pm here on your home of the Clippers as the Dodgers season is concluded with the World Series Championship. The three and three Clippers lost last night eight o'clock against the NBA champion Thunder. Right here on AM five to seventy LA Sports, we have Chargers Steelers Football on Sunday, that is primetime Sunday Night Football, a five fifteen pm kick on kf I AM six forty. Pair of tickets being given away for that one on the AM five seventy LAS Sports Instagram page. And then we got something big on Monday, something really.
Speaker 2: Going to Critos. Bjay's our first Bjy's event of the year. We took a lot of time between the summer tour and getting out to the bjys, and we'll be out and about in the next three months. We are live from the BJ's restaurant in brew House in Critos three to six thirty before Clipper basketball. We have prizes on site, including BJ's gift cards, and the prizes get bigger and bigger the closer we get Matt. So that is Dave Weese likes to build. Yeah. A week from yesterday, Bjay's restaurant in brew House right out the six oh five Freeway at South Street. It's one of our favorite locations to go to. But right now brought to you by our friends at the Concordia Masters in Coaching Program at Concordia University, Irvine. It's a final art fun fact. It's fun in effect.
Speaker 3: It's the yeah we're.
Speaker 2: Three, Sorry, Matt. I'm looking at the on the iHeart screen. Here there's a Master's in Coaching. You would call it panel uh And to see the beautiful font of the Masters in Coaching very oh, very professional university. Ask like you know, makes you think about.
Speaker 4: Yrs looks like a sixth grade diorama?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and kate like a sign that a fourth grade teacher puts up for the day. I can get you, guys a new logo for the podcast chat GBT can do it real easy. Really, we prefer to pay real graphic artists. Okay, okay, Tim, thank you. It's a fact.
Speaker 4: Over five thousand coaches and administrators have graduated from their Master's program. Find out more's cuidt U slash coach your final hour of fun fact? Did you know the famous Main Street electrical parade did not start at Disneyland instead. Disney I did not first, nor did I. The first showing of all the places of the electric parade was used to celebrate the opening of Disney's Polynesian Resort in October of nineteen seventy one. It was their grand opening. They had the electrical parade and everyone was like, it was pretty cool, we should do this at Disneyland. Where was the Polynesian Resort, I believe if I remember right, I think the Polynesian was a like at a hotel and all inclusive hotel. I don't know because thelan that was neither. I'm sorry, but the new Verry Don McClain, what's the new one called the Alain is on O Wahoo. The new one is on O Wahoo. So maybe they just updated the Polynesian Resort.
Speaker 2: Which one's the one with a train.
Speaker 4: That is on that is Yes. We had a guy, I think on from Hilton or Marriott and I said, how's that train and he's like, that's at our competitor. That was the Marriott. I believe that has the train on Kona.
Speaker 2: Disney's Polynesian Village Resort is at disney World. Okay, so it's in Orlando. So it's not on the island. I'm very merry on birthday to you. Well, all right, well tell me about it. No, I guess that makes sense. Then it's been there since nineteen seventy one. So what we just said it was the grand opening, so that would line up. It's the Polynesian hotel resort kind of thing that said disney World. So you always feel like Disneyland's the og on everything, but not in this case.
Speaker 4: No, but I'm very upset. I didn't know it was like just a resort that was on the disney World property.
Speaker 2: I thought it was like I ran all those lights over to the island.
Speaker 4: Mac got all excited because they got the big Disneyland property over there that everybody goes to in Hawaii, and I was like, oh, maybe it was the original before they updated it to the a Luna or whatever the hell they call that thing. But now it's just a just a hotel property. I might drive by it this, yeah, go check it out. Let the people know, Hey, all use electrics where it started? Now we tell anyone right now, idiot right here. I do know that down there they have a hotel called the Contemporary where the monorail used to go through the lobby in the middle. I remember that, so I guess that vallad.
Speaker 2: That's what I want with my hotel. It's a train going right to come through. Living with the Blues Brothers. Still there, Matt, still there, look at that. It's time you had that. It's time. Got that going for me, for the quickeets, some to the ms quickets. Come make it quick, ave come available.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Still basking in the glow of the Dodgers celebration. Max Munsey went on Foul Territory Today, one of those podcasts, and was asked about the fourth inning benches clearing incident in Game seven, where Justin Robleski did not get kicked out for hitting a batter, but Mounsey said he almost did.
Speaker 5: Reaction was like, hell, yeah, don't back down to this guy, go get him. And then immediately I was like, oh crap, we need him to stay in this game. He's gotta throw some more back. So I was like, I got to get him out of there.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My initial reaction was yeah, go get him, go get him.
Speaker 5: But then I was like, oh man, we got to get We got to make sure he stays in this game. And you know, thankfully. The umpires all came up to me and they're like, if you didn't get him out of there, we were probably gonna have to toss him, you know, because you know how that goes with the instigation rules. If you're the guy that instigates it, then you're usually the one that gets tossed, even though even though it's not your fault. And so, you know, I knew we needed him for at least one or two, maybe three more batters just based on that part of the lineup, and I was you know, so I was like, I got to get him out of there and make sure he stays in this game. And I talked to him the next day and he was like, yeah, I appreciate it. You know, first, I think he was a little taking him back that I was not letting him get in the fight. But you know, it's he he he had that mentality the whole postseason. Every time he pitched, he he was coming after you. He didn't care who you were. And you know, that's that's part of the part of the things that I love about our pictures is they start getting that attitude that they're gonna attack you and they don't care and he has the right attitude to have, but sometimes you have someone you know pull you out of there.
Speaker 2: To do my best.
Speaker 4: Don McClain, Tim Kates, who monitored that interview and pulled that sound. Did he address the bush league nature of Jiminez sticking his hand out there trying to get hit that led.
Speaker 2: To the bean ball? And that's not what I read. I don't think there was a follow up to that.
Speaker 4: Now, how about that bush league move by Jiminez man sticking his hand out there, Jim and Ez exactly right, Hey, hey, Jiminez.
Speaker 2: He med uh. Congratulations to Yoshi Yamamoto, finalists for the cy Young and Shohe Tana You finalists for MVP. Speaking the Japanese pitchers, Matt You Darvish is gonna miss twenty twenty six with the UCL surgery and his pitching elbow. Second time he's had Tommy John surgery. The last time was about ten years ago. If he returns to pitch, it would be in twenty twenty seven at age forty.
Speaker 4: I think he could probably do the Padres a favor and just retire, Maybe come up with an injury settlement, get the salary off their books so they can go out and spend more money on somebody else and not get into the luxury tax. I think they were all kind of hopeful that he was going to retire, and this certainly seems to we'll magnify that situation since he en I'm gonna be able to pitch next year.
Speaker 2: We will keep you posting. UH. USC number twenty now six and two, four and one in the Big Ten is home Friday versus Northwestern Trujan serve fourteen and a half point favorites. So you got in that one. I not ready yet. Fight fight all I've read. It's not what I read. I would say maybe maybe sc fight, don't fight all, fight all you got coward, you got annotation in town. I think guess he's gonna win. But that's a that's a. I mean I got burned by that Notre Dame number, which was twice as large. Anyway, UCLA is three and five. They're three and two into Big Ten. They're on an off week. They host the team that USC just beat Nebraska this Saturday. No Dylan Reyola for the Huskers, and the Bruins are two and a half point fave.
Speaker 4: What was the stat they showed after USC beat Matt Rule. He is now zero and twenty against ranked teams, zero and twenty for if ever, people fighting for his service for Penn State, right right, zero and twenty.
Speaker 2: We like this guy. We're going to extend.
Speaker 4: We got to go, hey, we got to keep this guy locked up. They're gonna come get him. Everybody's gonna be lining up to get him.
Speaker 2: The exciting Whites of the Lakers are six and two. Come on, they've won four in a row.
Speaker 4: About last night, man, no Reeves, no Doncic, no Lebron, no problem.
Speaker 2: They're back at it tonight versus Wimby and the Spurs. The Clippers are three and three, second night of a back to back. They host Oklahoma City, the defending champs, tonight here on am FI seventy tip off? Is it eight? This well? As Don McLean said, and he'll tell you on Thursday, all the cost of that, I'm starting.
Speaker 4: Slow, So just slow start for the old guys. How usually they had everybody out there still lost last night by one Miami heat at the busser.
Speaker 2: It's not like Miami played the night before. Yeah, they actually did poured it out to try to beat the Lakers. Yeah, okay, uh Matt. There's more.
Speaker 4: Oh, let's talk lawsuits. Aspiration and the Investors have filed a lawsuit against Clipper's owner Balmer Steve Balmer over the Kawhi Leonards scandal. The suit claims Balmer used a twenty eight million dollars no show deal between Kawhi and Aspiration order to get around the NBA salary cap rules. He is being sued by eleven Aspiration investors. According to the lawsuit, Balmer channeled funds through Aspiration in order to quote induce Leonard to re sign with the Clippers by covertly paying him more than allowed by the NBA salary cap rooms.
Speaker 2: Us.
Speaker 4: Balmer was quote complicit in and aided and embedded in the fraud. The lawsuit reads whoa Plaineiffs also alleged that Balmer transferred other funds to the company in order to keep it afloat and buy co founder Joe Sandberg's support, cooperation, and silence about the secret deal with Leonard.
Speaker 2: So this isn't Pablo Torri just doing a podcast. This is real allegation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is investors that lost all their cash when Aspiration went bankrupt and are trying to figure out how to dip into Balmer's multi billion dollar pockets to see if they can, you know, get a little something for the f A little bit of a blackmail action here, all right, I'm a little something.
Speaker 2: Ah well, call it blackmail, Matt.
Speaker 4: This is a real lawsuit, I mean, you know, and it says that they wanted to buy Sandberg's silence. Seems like Balmer had to, you know, forgot some cash. So a guy wouldn't already go chirping, Matt. We do have Tom Tolesco chirping with us. In the next segment at some of the NFL trade deadlines. Though big ones top five picks, the Jets trade two of them. Quinn Williams, one of the best defensive tackles in the game, goes to the Cowboys. Sauce Gardner in the conversation, is the best corner in the game. We'll go to the Colts and the Saints traded Rashid Shahed to the Seahawks. The Raiders moved Jacoby Myers to the Jags. The Chargers picked up Trevor Penning. Oh it's right there, Trevor Penny from the New Orleans Saints, and traded away Josh Sir Taylor two those aforementioned Jets. Penning has played tackle and guard. See whether or not they want him as a replacement for Joe Alt at that left tackle position.
Speaker 2: The Rams played the forty nine ers on Sunday. They're playing well, they're six and two. We'll get more of that from our old friend Tom to Leasco from Serious Exam NFL Radio Net. We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer.
Speaker 1: Make AM five seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple CarPlay or Android Autumn.
Speaker 4: Road Trip all summer with LA Sports that throws some money. AM five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. We'll see at BJ's Restaurant in brew House on Monday. That is Soritos, right off the six o five at South Street. We'll be there from three until six thirty pm, going into Clippers basketball, not into Monday Night football, so a later than typical start for us for our Bja's appearance three to six thirty pm this Monday, BJ's Restaurant and brew House in Soritos.
Speaker 2: Well with the big NFL Trade Talk. You can hear him tonight on Serious XM NFL Radio both Ball at five o'clock booth Ball. But we are making a preemptive strike to talk to our friend Tom Telesco. Yeah, I gott have anything left to talk about, long time front office man Charger GM, Raider GM. He's helping out with the Corona Del Mar football team. They have Round one of the playoffs against the one seed, the Myriatta Valley Nighthawks CDM Corona Del Mar c Kings versus Nighthawks on Friday night. So joining us right now on your Toyota Dealers Celebrity Hotline is the very measured, the very revered friend of the show, Tom Telesca on Petrosen Money. What's cracking?
Speaker 1: Tom?
Speaker 6: How are you hey, guys, Good afternoon.
Speaker 2: Good afternoon to you. Tom. Tell us a little bit about this later trade deadline. It seems to have changed a lot of things for NFL teams.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it really has. And in twenty twelve it was week six with the trade deadline and they move it to week eight, and then about i'd say two or three years ago, I moved to where it is now right after week nine, going into Week ten, and that just gives teams more opportunity to see exactly where they are in the season, whether they're on their way up or on their way down, and make a decision to make a move or out. And I think that's just brought more activity. As you saw today today the amount of trades, they were about the same as last year and about the same as the last couple of years. But it's really it's it's obviously there's that quick, fixed mentality for a lot of these trades because a lot of them are one year rentals. But I think right now, while you're seeing there's a lot of teams that can accumulate draft picks via other trades or draft day trades or the compensory pick system, it gives them more ammunition they like this to make a move. So, but the big thing today was what the Jets did. Those those are not typical trade deadline type trades, but just a lot of activity today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you mentioned the Jets two former top five picks. I mean, players that are considered the best at their positions. D line corner. Why is it that some positions are traded and others aren't. What is it about defensive line. It seems like every year you get a couple pass rushers that are going to move or interior lignement feels like running backs get traded by receivers get traded. What is it about that position? And like old lineman almost never move at the trade deadline? Is there something to certain positions moving and others not.
Speaker 6: Yeah, A big part of it the supply and demand. I mean offensive line wise. If you have a tackle on your team, even if he's your third tackle or depth tackle, you don't want to trade them. They're so hard to find. That's why with the Chargers they had offensive line needs at the trade deadline. It's so hard to find anybody that will trade you a tackle who can play. And they got lucky enough to make a trade for Trevor Penning. But there just isn't a lot out there, So you don't see a lot of trades for offerensive linemen. But at positions where there's a little bit more bigger pool running back, safeties a lot of times, usually outside corner is never available at the trade deadline. Usually nickel corners are just because there aren't a lot of outside corners. Obviously, the sauce gardener thing is an anomaly. But you see a lot of pass rushers at the trade deadline, and usually they're more towards the end of their career. They come in for one year rental. You give a little bit extra pass rush down the stretch, but it all comes down to supply and demand.
Speaker 4: How Tom, just speaking to the Chargers, you know, for a while there they were on tackle number six and seven. Bobby Hard who hadn't started game since twenty twenty one, got a few starts out there. You drafted justin Herbert. How do they overcome not not having you know, over Shawn Slater and now Joe Alt and trying to you know, build on what they did last year winning eleven games.
Speaker 6: Well, it's going to be extremely difficult and it's gonna be a challenge. But you know, there's different ways to look at it. I mean number one is, you know, where else can we bring a player in? And they went out and traded for Trevor Penning, who's you know, these you know, six six six seven, three hundred and fifteen pounds, really tough, physical, strong mentality. Didn't fare as well at tackle with the Saints. That moved him inside the guard, and we'll see where the Chargers end up playing him. But what they're going to have to do a lot of this, It's gonna have to be scheme based. You're gonna have to leave the tight ends in a little bit more to help block. You're gonna have to keep keep the running backs into, You're gonna have to move the pocket more. There's just certain things scheme wise, you're gonna have to do right now to protect Justin just because look, when you get to your fifth, sixth, seventh tackle, I mean, obviously there's gonna be a drop off in talent and he just can't go and go get another player at this point of season. So there's certainly when they can really play and start. So Greg Roman's gonna have to be creative with the pass protection, moving the pocket, and probably doing a lot more max protections to protect the quarterback.
Speaker 2: He's been running around like crazy, Justin Herbert, we look like a college quarterback against Tennessee taking off. How sustainable is that? Or I guess that's why they went out and found some Moralline.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, you have to pick your spots, and I think Justin does a pretty good job of picking the spots and when he wants to run and when it's time to slide or when his time just you know, just eat it, just take a sack and go down. But obviously the hits in the pocket over time, they're not sustainable. But it's also part of the position. And he's he's a big, strong, physical player and he's built to take somebody. He says, all quarterbacks get hit, all at different rates. But part of that position is having the durability to handle some of that punishment that comes with it. And the good thing about Justin is he's smart enough to know when to go down and when to go get to extra yards. He saw last week against the Titans. There are some opportunities that he just went out and got after it because he had to. And it was great seeing the bench all get excited when they see him Justin put a shoulder on and try and knock somebody down. Now, at the GM, you don't like to see that very often, but I guess people going and he's outstanding at it.
Speaker 4: What is it about trying to keep oldlignement healthy? You mentioned it, Tom, If you have it, you don't want to get rid of your third one A lot of teams I want to get rid of their fourth one because guys, these tackles get injured pretty regularly. Is there a way around that? Is it brace? Wearing braces? Is it?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: What is it that you could maybe do to prevent as many O line injuries as we see year in and year out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know at the college level they can mandate players where knee brace is at the level, it's very difficult to do. And in the end, like a knee brace, it's not going to protect you from ACL. It could protect your health a little bit from MCL injury, But in the end, what you have to look at is who if your filter of who you're bringing in, who you're signing is free agents, who you're signing after the draft is free agents, and who you're drafting, and if teams want to, you know, draft a player with the long injury history or chronic issues in college. A lot of times those same issues come through in the pros. But look, some of these are just bad luck. Joe Wall has been very healthy through his college career. Rashaun Slater was very healthy in his college career. So some of these you just can't There's nothing you can do about but as a whole your philosophy, there may be some players you really like in the draft. We just feel like there's some durability questions and it'd be better off the pass, because availability is the most important thing you can have, certainly on the offensive line, because they're just too and far between of having enough to go into the season.
Speaker 2: With the great Tom te LESCo, you can hear him on serious at SAM NFL Radio tonight at five o'clock going over all this trade stuff and don't forget the big playoff game with Myriata Valley versus CDM Playoffs this week first round, the Raiders trade Jacoby Myers to the Jaguars. They're in a tough spot. They didn't trade Max Crosby, which could have got them a load of picks. Where are they.
Speaker 6: Well, they're kind of stuck in between a rebuild and trying to still get after it this year. I didn't see any possible way they would trade Max Crosby. And then you know, after you actually tell Max Crosby you're not going to trade them, obviously you're not going to do it. I saw some rumors today because I have to follow all this. If you're ready for the show tonight. But hey, maybe some teams are talking the Raiders about Max Crosby and so there's about one hundred percent chance that's not going to happen. But I can see the Jacoby and Buyers one coming. And they got a great I mean to get a fourth and a sixth round pick back for Jacoby Byers and Myers is it. You know, he was in the last year of his contract, so it's a you know, nine to ten game rental for Jacksonville. It's a pretty return. And you know, Jacoby just Jacoby is a great person. He's a professional. But you could sense, like you know, the trade. You know, he didn't want to be there. He wanted to get moved. And players just don't play as well or not as well invested when they don't want to be somewhere. I think that's probably why the Raiders and then they probably didn't want to trade him, but in the end, you know, probably was just best for them, best for the team, and they got a great return back with the four and a six Moving forward.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Tom, that's wonderful stuff. We hope we didn't wreck you for your show tonight, but have a great show and we'll talk to you soon. The Great Tom Toll, Let's go and good luck on Friday. Let's go see Kings. Appreciate guys.
Speaker 6: Thanks thanks having me on.
Speaker 2: Absolutely the great Tom to Let's go. I'm going to be a heck of a high school football weekend, no doubt about it. And we'll be right back with your dead and alive Guy Bert the other day before the Clippers take on the Thunder.
Speaker 1: Hello PMS listener. Did you know Am fiveny LA Sports has a wide range of LA sports podcasts.
Speaker 2: There's Rogan and Rodney.
Speaker 1: That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of record.
Speaker 2: Clipper Talk with that a Musk, follow us all and many more.
Speaker 1: Just go to Am five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Mercifully coming to an end. A big thank you to John, Paul Morosei, Jojo Siwaugh and Tom to Leasco for joining us a fabulous show. AM five seventy LA Sports. The Petrosen Money Show, available to podcast on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone. Stream it on and enjoy the show. We got a late Clipper game tonight Clippers Thunder and don't forget Monday. We are live at BJ's. We hope it's clear skys, so you can get out to Sorito's at our BJS from three to six thirty, right before Clipper basketball. It's one of our favorite locales. We have prizes on site. We got it all Matt.
Speaker 4: We love Cerrito well and it's a little bonus for the listeners because typically we're going into Monday night football and that means it's a flex alert and we're on two to five and we're trying to negotiate with Miss January about getting the happy hour moved up an hour. But in this case, no, BJ's happy hour starts at three, goes until nine, and we'll be there from three to six thirty. We'll get to watch the first half of the Monday night football game together. Clippers doing us a solid and you know, they really take care of us, don't they that that Clipper ship. So it'll be three to six thirty, not our typical two to five going into Monday or Thursday night football.
Speaker 2: Double rations for you guys here on the Clipper Show, So come see us.
Speaker 4: It'll be our first appearance of many at BJ's Restaurant and brew House between now week ten and the end of the NFL season Week eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to Fresno next week and that's where I was going to have dinner. Now I don't have to.
Speaker 4: No, now you got this squared away. Just fast until Monday and then get the pork uppolist flatbread. It'll be great to hoorner Andy Pajas blowing up Key k Herz in center field in Game seven. We will honor a Cuban man who plays for the Dodgers by honoring a Cuban musician. Let's celebrate Carlos Potato Valdez, the great Cuban conga player, would have been ninety nine years old today. Also known as well, he was Patato because he was short. That's the one that stopped. El Toro was his nickname as a young dancer and boxer. He was also known as El Zombie or Zombito or Pecaneo Zombie because how famous he made the Zombie Club in Havana when he played there.
Speaker 2: But as I said, I thought it was because he was the undead.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: He died at eighty one, twelve thirteen years ago. But the Zombie club was a big thing. I guess from a music family. He mastered percussion at a young age, played with many greats in the forties, and by the fifties he was touring the world, especially New York City, and he was attracted by America's jazz scene in New York. So he left Cuba in nineteen fifty four, basically was exiled because of what happened there, and recorded with everybody, I mean everybody, Tito Puente, Art, Blakey, Max Roach. He toured Africa and Europe. He toured Europe with Dizzey Gillespie and Quincy Joel. He even acted and appeared and played on the Bill Cosby Show WHOA which was a great show for jazz. Did he ever play with Dave cos You know, it's not beyond the realm of possibility. He lived till super cool, He lived till like fifteen years ago. And Cause, you know, at his time in the eighties and nineties, it might have crossed as with Cause. He might have had Cause, Yeah to play with Cause and the late I don't even know if you played with Sandborn. Oh, come on. In the late forties, he helped develop the first tunable congas, leading to the development of the LP Potato model Congas, the top selling conga drum of all time. An Afro Cuban jazz legend to say the least, and cut across paths with Dave cause because he had a sixty year career in the music scene. He died a respiratory failure at eighty one in Cleveland. Potato Valdez a lot of things that he did that were really cool. One of them that he did not do was knockover Key k Hernandez while making a pivotal catch in center left and then hesitate before helped him out in game seven. Well, he had to look and see what's going on? Is that out number three? Oh? Let me help out this young Puerto Rican. Was that a donkey? I just ran into? What the hell you're alive?
Speaker 6: Guy?
Speaker 2: Could have been a little al Penguino, which is also what Potato's nickname was for his dancing style. Oh yeah, I mean, it could have been anybody, but it was Ki the h A live guy. Birthday.
Speaker 4: A tip of the cap to our dear friend Eric Carros who is fifty eight today. Happy birthday, k It is also your mate. A real Barry Kracer's birthday today celebrated in this space last year and we learned the term a real Barry Kraka.
Speaker 2: It's unfortunately we're not going back to that.
Speaker 4: We aren't because I figured I would do something to support our hesher audience today, Kates, please thank you. Jimmy That Metropolis Part two from Breaking the Fourth Wall by Dream Theater. Every metal band's favorite metal band, and today we celebrate Jordan Rudis their cheese player. You play keys for a metal band and you got something special going on on their fingers at yours man.
Speaker 2: He has sixty nine today. Born in Great Neck, New York.
Speaker 4: At child prodigy on piano, began his professional instruction when he was seven. At nine, he was granted admission at nine to the Juilliard School of Music, where he trained and worked under their best teachers and performers. He was expected to become the next great American classical pianist. But he got his hands on some deep purple vinyl. He was like John Lord, blowing my mind. He took the prop path, much to his parents his tutors protests.
Speaker 2: Wow, heterned. He like the guy in School of Rock.
Speaker 4: Yes, his first band Complex actually was with one of his Juilliard instructors. It was like, I like what you're doing, kid with you. He and Joseph Lyons the New York Times loved him. They put out a record, They got a residency at the Lexington Conservatory Theater. Floyd asked, and by Floyd, I mean Pink Floyd, not Pink Floyd. Pink Floyd asked if he wanted to be part of the sessions for scoring Bring the Boys Back Home on the Wall.
Speaker 2: They were amazing.
Speaker 4: His work was not accepted by producer Bob Ezrind. He did a bunch of session for hired gigs throughout the eighties, put out some solo records. In ninety four, he was voted best Talent by Keyboard magazine and their reader's poll following the release of his solo album Listen. So there was a fight for the Rudest Keys. The Dixie Dregs and Dream Theater both asked him to join, but he's like, nah, man, I'm into my solo career. The Dregs were like, we'll just let you go part time, so we did. He and his drummer Rod Morgenstein hit it off. They started the Rudis Morgenstein Project known as RMP by the prog rockers Ooh. Not offended by his declining their invitation, Dream Theater offered the duo their support slot on the North American tour. In ninety seven, Mike Portnoy, a man behind Dream Theater, was asked to form a supergroup and he wanted Rudis to join Liquid Tension Experiment.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, what a band?
Speaker 4: Did two albums there, and this time Portnoy wasn't taken no for an answer. They wanted him in Dream Theater and he agreed, and since ninety nine, in this album P Metropolis Part two Scenes from a Memory, he has been part of Dream Theater. Rudis stumbling upon a piano in Lax during the Christmas season and deciding to tickle the keys.
Speaker 2: Not just a metal guy, huh, A little prog rock version of White Christmas. It's like I'm met a Nordstrom.
Speaker 4: Here are some of the album titles. P. Six Degrees of Innerturbulence, Wow, Systematic Chaos, The Astonishing from the Top of the World, and this year twenty twenty five's Parasomnia. That's what we're talking about with our man. Rudish started on a kurtzwheel, then he got to a cord. He has a role in key tar that he'll break out at their live performances from time to time.
Speaker 2: An LP potato conga, the greatest selling conga of all time. It's tunable. Talk about meeting.
Speaker 4: He is a very successful businessman in the world of music, software and app use I guess he's got a lot of stuff that make noises for your keyboards, to upload software patches and stuff like that. And he has arguably the greatest neck go tee. Oh not a neck beard, but a neck go tee, got it, that I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Jordan rudis fabulous. All right, that's it for us. Thank you to Ronnie at Ronnie Fossil. He'll post the playlist, will it? Will it include Brutus And a big thank you to Tip King that that's your gene keeps him working. So long as you said yesterday, man, we'll be back on tomorrow. Three quick enjoyed