Speaker 1: By Billy Cunningham, the Great America and a studio with me now is Joe Eaters former how many County prosecutor also on the High Supreme Court now and Mark Petemar, who spent how many years prosecuting criminals? Are Mark?
Speaker 2: Did you spend forty four year for six months when I was activated for Desert storm?
Speaker 1: So you know it's where the bodies are buried? Forty four years? Bhi Joe.
Speaker 3: First of all, you want to make a statement, Well, I just want to make sure that your listeners know that I am on the Supreme Court and this has got nothing to do with the Supreme Court. I voluntarily recused myself from anything to do with.
Speaker 4: The Jones case, and.
Speaker 3: I felt compelled to write this letter bill that you have now and I think it's on your website too, laying out my concerns with MS. Pillage's press conference is clearing Elwood Jones of the murder of Roode Nathan, and I appreciate the opportunity to come in here talk to you about it. I brought Mark with Ian. Mark was the trial attorney in this case. I don't know that many people know Mark's reputation and I wish he wasn't here to listen to this, but it's stellar. He was the lead prosecutor in all the Lucasville Right cases. He was in that office forty years about maybe the best prosecutor in the state of Ohio. And Mark was the trial attorney. And I send to be here with us just in case you had questions about the facts of this thing.
Speaker 1: Mark Pete Meyer did Eldwood Jones murder wrote a Nathan.
Speaker 2: Yes, tell me why, well, a lot of evidence. In fact, I was speaking of Joe before. You know, we've tried some tough cases where you really rely on eyewitnesses only, and those are the kind of the tough cases. And people criticize this because it was only quote only, a circumstantial evidence case. And to me, circumstantial evidence is unrefuted facts, and these are the unrefuted facts. Elwood Jones was working on the second floor of the Embassy Suites hotel in the afternoon of I think it was a Friday afternoon, setting up a banquet room when a couple arrived to go into the room next door to where he was working. That was Joe Kaplan and Elaine Shube. Elwood could have easily seen them go into that room, and our theory as he did see them, knew that it was a couple staying in that room. Later that night, after Elwood got off of work, rode to Nathan, our victim showed up. Elwoodt did not realize now that there are three people in the room. The next morning, the couple that first arrived went down to breakfast and rote of Nathan is in the room. She's going to take a shower, and Elwood is also working in the room right next door. That day, it's a banquet room with the door open, and Elwood is a thief. He's a career thief. And our belief is is that he saw an opportunity, went in the room because he thought it was open and confronts. Wrote to Nathan. Rode to Nathan is savagely beaten. He died of blunt force trauma. There was very little blood at the scene because it was just beaten to death. About a half hour later, the couple comes back from breakfast, open the door and they find Roda Nathan laying on the floor. All she had on her was a bath towe. They think, oh my god, she must have had a heart attack. And they call paramatics and they come and they're treating her, trying to revive her from what they believed was a heart attack. Two other things were noticed by the couple at the time. There was a distinctive handweight made necklace that Roda always wore around her neck and it was missing. Also, Elaine Schub noticed there were hundreds of dollars of cash that she had in her purse that was taken. One other thing is this is a you know, thirty years ago or so, and back then they didn't have the electronic key cards. You needed a key to get in the door, and the door latsed automatically, but Joe Kaplan was sure when he left the room, he did what most people do, checked to made sure it was securely locked, because they didn't one it opened with Rooda in. They're taking a shower. When Rhoda gets to the hospital, she dies. They take her to the coroner's office and lo and behold, they find that she died from blunt for's trauma. A couple other things about her body. There was a couple of distinctive bruises that were developed on her body. One was very consistent with a walkie talkie, which some of the workers in the hotel were issued. Elwood Jones was one of those. There was also a door chain a latch, which is kind of an unusual mark to have on a body. She also had that on her body, and it told us that whoever did this three things we know for sure. The person had to have a master key. The person also had to have a walkie talkie, and the person also had to have one of these door latches. We also know that the person that did this took Rhoda's necklace. When Elwood Jones arrived at work that morning, everybody noticed he was fine. A couple hours later, people noticed that his left hand was bandaged, and people said, Elwood, what happened to your hand? And one person he said, oh, I was taking some trash out and I fell and I cut it. And somebody else asked him he says, well, when I was up on the second floor taking down that banquet room, a piece of the floor and fell on my hand and he cut it.
Speaker 1: So some inconsistent things.
Speaker 2: Immediately, when Blue Ass started investigating, they realized one very important thing. Whoever did this had to be in the hotel that morning and had to have a master key, and that limited the suspect pool from hundreds of people in the hotel to about four people. You know what I'm saying this, I feel like I've given an opening statement again. But these are the facts, and this is what we presented to the jury. About four or five days later, Elwood's hand got very infected and he's thinking, I'd better do something about this, and he goes to some clinic and there's a doctor, John McDonough, who taught at UC Med School, and he was one of the best hand surgeons in the country. And one day a month he would volunteer to go to this clinic and treat people basically for free. It's almost like God said, I want you there that day because I want someone to see what Elwood has. And Elwood comes in and his left hand has severely sworn. It's Elwood, what what happened to your hand? And he gives them a couple other stories. And the doctor knows that anytime you've got a cut in one of your knuckles, chances are you pop somebody in the mouth. He also knows that inside the human gum line there's a bacteria Aikinella crodins I don't know science very well. Hell, I want to Roger Bacon I Joe couldn't get in, but he had to settle for saying it's just sad, you know, but we have standards like you. Anyway, he knew that if I don't treat this hand for Konella crones or tests for it, he's going to lose his hand. So even though Elwood said I cut it on something, he tested for this bacteria that's in the gum line. Lo and behold, it's Akonela crodins. In fact, he was so sure of this he took a picture of Elwood's hand to teach to his medical students and said, if anybody ever comes in with a hand swollen like this, you've got to test for that bacteria because if you don't, they're probably gonna lose their hands. So when this came out, everybody started focusing on Elwood. Blue Ash police got a search warrant for his car, for his home, for his trunk of his car. A couple things they found. Number one, they found Milwaukee talkie that actually Joe and I went to Washington, d C. And had the FBI lab look at it, and they were able to match it again it's Alwaukee talkie. There were more than one in that hotel, but it matched all the rivets and everything matched exactly. The mark on road in Nathan's check chest. Also in his toolbox there was one of these door latches and that also matched the toolmark. The impression of that door lock on her chest, which is again that's a lot more unusual than Milwaukee talkie. But the absolute thing that clinched it all was that pendant of Rooda Nathan. There were a picture of taking of Roda Nathan wearing that, and it matched exactly that pendant found in the trunk of Elwood Jones's car. I think that's a pretty darn good case.
Speaker 1: Rhoda is almost reaching back from the grave saying the evidence of my killing is in possession of the murderer, and that man was Edward Jones. And Rotea had that virus in her mouth.
Speaker 3: That was so that's how the infection occurred.
Speaker 1: Joe. When I read and you looked at the news conference of our new prosecutor, Connie Pillage, she uses words like cheat it in quotes that you and Mark cheated. She also used terms that you withheld evidence well, in other words, she's accusing you two of making sure that an innocent man is convicted and the guilty guy gets all free. Whoever, this mystery man is with OJ Simpson in a sand trap. So how do you respond to this allegation of Connie Pillach, who never tried a criminal case in her life, that you cheated.
Speaker 3: I'm, frankly, I'm dumbfounded by the allegation. She's further stated she's cleared him because of modern medical scientific evidence. I don't know what she's talking about. If she is talking about hepatitis B. The defense's own witness, in his request for a new trial, said there was about a thirty three percent chance of him getting that by punching her in the mouth.
Speaker 4: So it's not.
Speaker 1: How can you exclude.
Speaker 3: Somebody when there's a seventy or sixty seven percent chance that that could still be true. But the allegation, Look, I said this in the letter. I hope the people that are listening to this could have a chance to read the letter.
Speaker 4: It's not that long.
Speaker 3: It's on our website, it's on your website.
Speaker 4: It's just so offensive.
Speaker 3: If she wants to let this guy go, maybe she says, oh, you know what, thirty years is enough, the litigation is enough. In mercy for whatever reason decides to let him go. I got no problem with that. She's the prosecutor. She can do whatever she wants. What I take umbrage to is accusing the prosecutor's office of what I mean, seriously, she's accusing people of a crime here hiding evidence. I mean, that is outrageous to make that allegation. There's no proof of it. And even that, Look, we had the trial, it went through all the judges in state court, affirmed, affirmed, affirmed, Then they go to federal court. And when they went to federal court, they asked for all these documents from Blush police. We're basically questionnaires given to everybody stay at the hotel. The vast majority was we didn't see anything.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: That's the thousands of pages of evidence that was hidden, and then police runs to the hotel. The Federal Court of Appeals, the judge of at the trial level said that the material was in fact immaterial and it would not have affected the outcome of this trial. Then it went all the way to the six Circuit Court of Appeals, Federal Court Appeals on the same issues exact same issues, and they unanimously affirmed that too. So this has been litigated before, and to claim now that we've hid evidence or that you can exclude this guy is total bull crap.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Also, she said the modern scientific when she said that, I, you know, I think about DNA.
Speaker 4: That's what I thought.
Speaker 1: There's no DNA. She was talking about a hepatitis B that one third of the time is communicated two thirds of time not Also, Mark Petemyer, you were in charge of providing to the defense in this case all available evidence. You've been accused of playing a game of Lucy Hyde the football, and that you had these thousands and thousands of pages of inculpatory or exculpatory evidence that you refuse. You knew what was in there, and you didn't want to give it to the defense because it proved that Elwood was innocent. That's the allegation of Connie Pillage. You're the guy in charge of giving the papers. What do you say about that one? That's just not true.
Speaker 2: And Bill, you've tried a lot of cases too, including murder cases, and the rules of discovery back then is the basically everything you had you gave to the defense. One thing they were not entitled to were witnesses statements. Now since then the law has been changed. But as you know, if I called Joe Deaders as a witness and he's made a prior statement before you cross examine him, you can ask the judge to review his prior statement, and the judge will do that, and if there's anything in there inconsistent here, say hey here, Bill, you can cross examined leaders on this because he said some things different that happened during the trial a couple times.
Speaker 1: That's the only thing that was not given. But again they had access to it during the trial. All this other stuff, these questionnaires at Blue ass sent out that meant nothing. As far as I know, we never got and we certainly never got afterwards. We never subpoenaed the records of all the crimes that ever took place in that hotel. I remember they had some prostitution ring if you going on back there years ago, that a lot of people were prosecuted for that, they had some undercover cops in there.
Speaker 2: Those are the kind of records they also subpoened. So the vast, vast majority of this stuff we never had. But the federal judge got all this all this stuff that they said proved he was innocent and that we withheld. Again, we didn't even have it. The judges looked at it and says, there's nothing here. This is absolutely nothing that exculpates Elwood Jones.
Speaker 1: And that's why it's already been ruled on. That's why when a common police judge basically overruled the federal judge and the Federal six Circuit Court of Appeals, it's like, what's going on. Judge Cross never been on the bench before. She's a brand new judge from the Public Defender's Office, and she held a four day hearing on emotion for a new trial, essentially the appetitis B issue and not giving over the document she used to explain, what's the motivation? Joe Dieters, what's the motivation?
Speaker 4: I have no idea why you would do this.
Speaker 3: I mean, she's parroting the talking points of the defense attorneys, which is a good thing sometimes, well for you maybe, But she's supposed to be representing the state of Ohio. And you know, and I know this is kind of personal in nature, but I was the prosecutor and I litigated this case for twenty five years, and she clearly talked to the defense attorneys.
Speaker 4: She was in a press commerce.
Speaker 3: She said, oh why send them a screenshot of my emotion to dismiss the whole case, you know, almost gleefully.
Speaker 1: And she never called me one time.
Speaker 4: I've met her.
Speaker 3: One time, I said, if you need thing, feel free to call me. Be happy to talk to you about the office. But so she talks to the I don't know who she talked to besides these defense attorneys that she said she talked to. But anyone who thinks that Ellwood's been excluded, Uh, I'm trying to be judicious about this. It's either dead wrong or they're lying. You know, they just don't understand what this What exclusion means, it's gonna turn. It means he can't possibly be the guy. That's what Connie Pillage said.
Speaker 1: This cannot be the guy Mark Petemer based upon the layout of the case. This can and in fact, there's somebody out there who committed this other than El would now talk about his record many you didn't talk about it. He was in his early forties when he committed these crimes. And you know, I watched the Curtis Fuller interview at Channel five and almost seem like a he was a boy scout leader. When we come back, I want you to talk about the previous record Eldwood Jones. Well, this misbehavior is consistent, which includes, by the way, assault on a police officer. We'll talk about that on the other side. And by the way, the letter is on our Twitter account. Let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham with Mark Pete Meyer and Joe Eaters on news Radio seven hundred WLWN. Let's continue now we have in the studio Joe Meeters and also Mark Pete Meyer left it kind of hanging because many times this is such a vicious beating. Some of wrote his teeth was found in her stomach.
Speaker 2: Correct, there was one on the floor of the hotel room and one was found in her stomach.
Speaker 1: Yes, Now, what was the previous criminal record of Elwood Jones.
Speaker 2: You know, it's interesting because when they did the podcast, the inquiry reported to the original podcast, she says, well, well, wouldn't no, you're not a saint, or he goes, oh no, no, I gotta admit I'm a thief. I'm a thief, and it was all they laughed about that, like it's okay. But he was more than a thief. He was arrested five or six times for assault, you know, beating someone, once for domestic violence, which would have been beating his wife, once for assault on a police officer. But he was also arrested four times, four different times for aggravated burglar, which is breaking into someone's residence to steal something. After I guess the first couple. He actually was convicted on one of those and went to prison, apparently convinced the par board that hey, I've been scared straight, I learned my lesson. You're not going to see me again. They cut him loose early, and with a short amount of time he was arrested and convicted of another burglary and went down to prison. So Elwood Jones was a career criminal, and what better place for a guy like him to work at a nice hotel with a master key.
Speaker 1: It's like a kid in a candy store. One of the other allegations of County pillage was that there was someone else who would confessed to the murder of Elwood Jones. Can you ferret out the facts in that matter?
Speaker 2: Yes, this was first came to light, I think from one of his attorneys twenty years after the murder happened, but they had a lady who said back around that shortly after this happened, she was locked up in the justice center and her cell mate was a lady I think her name was Linda Reid. And they get to be talking, kicking a little bit, and Linda Reid tells this lady, I have to tell you something. You know that person that's been arrested on that embassy suite's case. Yes, yes, well my husband the one is really did it, and the Blue Ash Police framed that guy for it, but my husband is really the one.
Speaker 1: That is important stuff right now, Yeah, this is big. Well somebody confessed to it. So you're Mark Petmer's your ears looked like a rabbit. Well this is you know, it is twenty years later, but still, who is this guy? I mean, I never remember number one. He didn't work for Blue ass Police. Number two, there's no association with him in the hotel. And then we find out at the time this lady is locked up and she's telling her cellmate this. She's going through a divorce with her husband. So I'm thinking, well, that's kind of red flag number one. But I don't say, you know what, I'm gonna go over and pull the domestic relations court case and see, maybe this guy is a violent guy and he's constantly beating the crap out of her, and maybe it's something like that. When I pull the file, I see it's Ken Peller, guardian for Ken Peller's a local attorney, guardian for Linda Red versus mister Reed. And I'm thinking, why does she have a guardian? I mean, why is she not participating in the divorce. So I look further and actually contacted Ken Peller. He says she was incompetent. She was mentally incompetent to participate. That's the hook upon which Connie Pillage hanged part of this. Well.
Speaker 2: First of one, it's double hearsay because the guy that really did it is dead. His wife is really dead, So the person that did it telling his wife is hearsay it, and his wife telling this other lady is double hearsay. So number one, it's legally admissible, inadmissible. But this lady that said it was found crazy by the court so much that she couldn't even participate in.
Speaker 1: Her own divorce. No way in the world that is evidence.
Speaker 2: But that is the third prong Again, Number one is the evidence that we withheld that the court said no. Number two is the hepatitis, which only a third of the people. In fact, the study that I referred to us people that use needles of other people, and you're very likely probably.
Speaker 1: To get it there, but a third of those people get it. Only a third.
Speaker 2: So anyway, those are the three prongs based on that he's cleared.
Speaker 1: He's yeah, someone else confessed, Joe talk about hepatitis b because you told me off there. There was some reference in the optops optops the well, the defense.
Speaker 3: Initially said, we hid the fact that she had hepatitis.
Speaker 4: Did you do that?
Speaker 3: Well, it was in the autopsy report that they got. It was in black and white. Yes, it was inlaps, he said. And I don't have to tell them what defense to pursue. They can do whatever they want. You know, it's not my job. But they received information she had hepatitis. You know the reason I wanted to come her bills. I was so offended by that press conference.
Speaker 4: I mean, it was.
Speaker 3: Factually and fundamentally incorrect, and it was so offensive to accuse my office of hiding evidence to convict an innocent man. It I don't know that she realizes the magnitude of that statement. I mean, if people actually did that, they should.
Speaker 4: Be in jail.
Speaker 3: That it's just beyond defensive to me. And she I think she owes the prosecutors an apology for this, but you know she's obviously talking to defense attorneys and that's who she talks to. So I guess that's the message you get out of this whole case.
Speaker 1: And Mark Pete Myer. As far as Elwood Jones himself, I watched an interview on Channel five he did of a Curtis Fuller positioning himself as a guy who's made a few mistakes in the past, like beating up your wife and hitting cops and serving time in prison for burglaries twice, and now he's seen the light. And when she uses the term cheated, that you cheated in this case, how does that strike your heart? It really offends me.
Speaker 2: And again I was asked by Connie Pillitts to stick around and help with the transition for the office, which I agreed to do.
Speaker 1: And I you know, she's the other party.
Speaker 2: I supported Missy Powers, and I thought, you know, people are going to come in and take over the senior positions. That really have never done this stuff. In fact, within the first month, I think we had two different police shootings, and I always went on both of those, on all of those. So I took the new people out to show you how we get involved in these police shootings, what we do when we don't do, how we make decisions. So you know, I did my best to help with the transition, you know, just so because I cared about the office.
Speaker 1: I cared about the county forty four years, yes, And for them to imply that, and Seth Tiger was the other person that tried the case, I saw much younger Mark Petemyer and a much younger Seth Tiger standing up in nineteen ninety Yes, yes, ninety five or six was the trial.
Speaker 2: And now we're bent over with walkers. It's not the same game. But again I just I was stunned. I mean, I just where did this come from?
Speaker 1: Now another aspect of the case is I can sense things are often about money, and the county prosecutor is in charge of representing judges and prosecutors because the county prosecutor has civil responsibilities, thinking as a civil attorney, which I think neither maybe you two or none. I don't know you're on the Supreme Court and you're retired more or less. What does it do when the county prosecutor representing the judges and the prosecutors and the sheriff, et cetera, come in open forums and say, you know what, we cheat it not we, but you guys cheated, you withheld evidence and there's new stuff that isn't new stuff. What does that do for the liability of Hamilman County.
Speaker 2: To me, you're saying we are liable. You know, there's two things in a civil suit. A is are you liable for it? And b as how much money do you get? And she is the has a civil division that represents the county against lawsuits, and she's basically saying, we didn't accidentally we may have intentionally sent an innocent man to death row. I don't think it's if it's when Ellwood's going to file this huge civil suit against the county, and if i'm them, witness number one is County Pillage. Hey, you said he's exonerated and the office cheated.
Speaker 3: I might I sent this letter to the Attorney General's office today also because if he makes his ridiculous claim though at least no where to go to talk to about the facts of the case. I just want to make it very clear to your listener's bill, my office doesn't cheat. To make that statement is highly offensive. Elwood Jones is a murderer. We had the right guy, absolutely positively sure, and.
Speaker 1: She let him go. Now why she let him go, I have.
Speaker 3: No idea, But her reasons that she stayed in her press conference are ridiculous, and they're so easily proved as false. I can't believe she said it. At this point, where do we go from here? Ellwood?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 3: Elwood is a freeman and there's absolutely nothing that can be done about it. But I just hope that some truth comes out of that office. You know, when they make decisions like this of this magnitude. This is a thirty year old death penalty case, and everyone forgets about Rhoda Nathan, everyone forgets about the victims family, and they're this suffering. I talked to her son a couple of times over the weekend, and his hurt is like it happened yesterday. Connie said he was disappointed. Yeah, she said, he's furious. And as a matter of fact, we gave I think you have his statement bill that he made. He's stunned, he's sick to his stomach. It went beyond disappointment.
Speaker 1: Mark Pete Maher as far as it's inexplicable, how this diamond special brooch just happened to show up in the toolbox of Elwood Jones. And there's no answer other than somebody planeted it. Uh, you know the O. J. Simpson defense. Somebody somebody killed, you know, the two gloves and the blood and the car. Someone did it, and so can you state for the record. I feel silly asking this question whether you plant it, the diamond brooch and the toolbox along with the pass key and the chain link. Did you plant or did blue eh police plan it to make sure an innocent man was convicted and a guilty man sent free. Can you admit whether or not you did that or not? I want a lawyer. You want a lawyer. Take the fifth bill.
Speaker 3: If if they're going to frame Elwood, why don't just get somebody wrote his blood and throw it around his car or throw it on his clothes.
Speaker 1: The other thing.
Speaker 2: One of the first officers interviewed him and he wasn't in custody yet, and they talked to him. They could have said, you know, he told me I didn't mean to kill her. I didn't think anybody be in I mean, they could make up a statement. The important thing is, too, is when as soon as that other couple got back to the room, they noticed her necklace was gone. So it's not like it was laying on the floor and an officer could have picked it up. And plus, why would you You're thinking this is a piece of evidence. You're going to put it into evidence. You're going to put it in a little baggy, you're gonna print it, You're gonna do that. So theoretically one of the officers got that, held it till the right time, and then somehow put it in his toolbox. It's just physically, I don't know how you could do it.
Speaker 1: So, in a sense, indirectly or directly, Hamnica Prosecutor's office is accusing a dead blue ash police officer of planning evidence in the capital case. Yes, Joe, how does well? It's that's absurd.
Speaker 3: It's one of many offensive statements made by this office that I would hope people ask the hard questions, how can you exclude this guy? How can you make these statements that people hit stuff. I mean, it's just false. It's it is blatantly false. And that's one thing. And I said before, if she wants to let the guy go, that's her. I mean, she's a prosecutor, have mercy. You know, he's been in there thirty years, whatever, go ahead, let him go. But to then use just falsehoods for the reason that evidence was hidden and that new medical scientific evidence has excluded him, that's just false. And someone else confessed, I mean, she's making false statements, I mean, just to her constituents about this case and impugning the reputation of really good prosecutors that devoted their lives to public service. And she, you know, she just casually makes that offensive comment, and it's horrible.
Speaker 1: Do you have a concern in the future there's other noted cases that you two guys handled, and you're two of one of one hundred and fifty prosecutors in Hamlin County. When you two guys are there.
Speaker 3: Well, she listens to defense attorneys and not talk to the prosecutors. She's gonna come the same conclusion on a bunch of cases. There's not the case of Woganstall Tracy Hunter.
Speaker 1: Just line them up let's come up with something here, Anthony Anthony Kirkland. After all the defense counsel said, you know, is he is he executed yet?
Speaker 2: No, but he's there's that SMI defense serial mental illness that they found a doctor to say he has that, and if he does, the judge can take him off death row, but.
Speaker 3: Not only off that. Ell would not off death row. He got to know our bond and it's walking around Hamilton County right now.
Speaker 4: Well he's he.
Speaker 3: Doesn't even have to know our bond anymore. He's free with prejudice, which means it's over. It could ever be refiled. Are you concerned this will be repeated? As part of your motivation coming here today is to say, okay, this is Elwood Jones. He got thirty years, which is better than nothing. But worry about the next case, in the next case, in the next case. Have you concerned this this will be repeated?
Speaker 4: I hope it's not, but.
Speaker 3: You know, unfortunately, I'll have to speak out on it again if it does, and I will, especially if she uses the reason, oh we hid evidence or you know something that's totally false scientifically, I mean it's just false.
Speaker 4: I don't know how else to say it.
Speaker 1: And as far as the dead police officer in blue ash his name's been out there, I hesitate to repeat it. She's indirectly accusing him or someone like him, of committing serious felonies while wearing the uniform of a police officer. He's and by all counts, was a great police officer. And you know Marx has said this before. You know, he's got kids, he's got a wife, and to hear your dead father talked about like this, and if nothing else, I mean, somebody has to stand up for a road to Nathan.
Speaker 3: I mean she she came to this this tell for a bar mitzvah from New Jersey, Yeah, and was brutally murdered. The evidence is overwhelming on Elwood Jones, and it just seems like her name gets lost in the shuffle here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, came here for a Jewish shavenna about Smithsmah and all of a sudden she has her teeth punched down into her stomach. Can you imagine the violence of that attack? She sixty seven year old woman with Elwood had no chance, but she fought like a warrior poet and she lost, and she lost her money out of her purse. She lost her life, she lost her diamond brooch, almost as if she said, the killer has my diamond brooch.
Speaker 3: She lost her life, but think about what her family lost because by all accounts, and I talked to her again. I talked to her son Val over the weekend twice. She was just a lovely woman. Just she kept their family together. And the loss they feel almost hourly.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 4: Someone needs to speak for her.
Speaker 3: And I just wish there is more sensitivity to victims in that office.
Speaker 1: Mark Pete, maher thank you. Anything that you want to add I haven't. I've asked you a few questions here, sir, Are you okay? I'm okay, You're okay. I'll say hell out of my wife, Carol. She's listening.
Speaker 2: How many years fifty years in May she going to keep you or not? We went to the Roger Bacon prom together, so, oh my gosh, back in a good old day, back in a good old day.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm not sure there was so Joe you okay.
Speaker 3: The last thing my wife says said, don't say hi to me, So I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 1: Well nine stands for news. That's all I know. Well, guys, good luck and by the way, you think it's over. I think it's just it's over. It's for Elwood is over.
Speaker 4: It's over for Elk.
Speaker 1: You come forward and confess now. And there's legally nothing you can do about it because she dismissed it with prejudice. So Ellwood could say, you know, I found the lord, beat up cops, beat up my wife, burglarized a bunch of places, went to prison a few times, and then all of a sudden, you know, I'm sorry I did, Murder wrote, I'm very sorry I did, and I beat her to death and I shouldn't have done it. But I suspect that will not occur. But if it did, he's still a free man. Joe, thank you. You worry about the future, don't you do? This is one case I do. All right, Mark, thank you, sir, thank you. Let's continue with more News Radio seven hundred WLW