Speaker 1: All right, let's talk. You see football Big one tomorrow noon at Nippert You see Arizona right here on seven hundred WLW. My next guest, so versatile, he's covering that game. He's covering the UC basketball game on Sunday. He's at this very moment on the scene covering a high school football playoff game. Let's welcome in, Scott Springer. Where are you and tell me something I need to know about the matchup tonight.
Speaker 2: This is Anderson and Lasale Division two, Reagon eight, and they were shorthanded, so they called me out of the bullpen. And seeing as I live boating up the Brown stadium to where I can hear the band just as much as I'm looking at him right now coming at me, I said, well, yeah, well I'll go up the street there and do that. So I got me a Chief Burger in a pretzel and I'm ready to go.
Speaker 1: Life is good. Life is good. All right, Let's talk about the opportunity for the Bearcats, big opportunity tomorrow. They got to get a win tomorrow to have an even bigger opportunity next week. But first things first, tomorrow is is not going to be easy.
Speaker 2: No Noah Fefita can throw the ball around and make some plays with his legs. Now last week they did hold him back a little bit running wise, but they had a winning series there to win last second drive and Feffita got it done. And Arizona six and three, they're they're pretty good. A lot of the big coats pretty good. And I think the best thing you see can do is take care of business. And you know one or zero each week, which some very coach speak, but that's what they give us. So that's what I'm giving you. Uh but yeah, I mean there's a lot of scenarios you can look at. You SE's best bet just went out, and because like tomorrow, you know, BYU plays CCU they could lose, they probably don't lose. I don't see Texas Tech losing. And so the Bearcats just need to win and take care of business. And I know they're favored by six six and a half something like that, And I would expect Brandon's doors me to have a bounce back right now, questionable or Caleb Goodie receiver, Isaiah Johnson, Evan pryor usually questionable means they're probably going to play. I don't know that for sure. I think having Evan Pryor back, you know, had the dimension to their offense that they were missing a little bit in Utah. So I would expect to win. Can't guarantee one, because that's not my job. I'd be in Vegas, Scott.
Speaker 1: I think a year ago, Joe Royer averaged almost five catches per game. This year he's below three catches per game. Is there more to be had, more to be found in that connection with Joe Royer?
Speaker 2: Well, certainly that's one I'd be looking for, and I think I asked that each week in the pres cofference. I certainly write it every week. You know, the guy caught fifty balls last year and that broke Travis Kelce's record, and Travis Kelsey's pretty good, and I think he's at twenty three right now, so well behind schedule. And what I'm being told is obviously they know who Joe Royer is now, so they can double him. And then you have the receivers who are a little bit better than last year. Obviously Cyrus Allen, he's second in the nation in touchdown reception. So you've got him and the other guys that can stretch the field and the running back. So it's a combination of having more weapons and they know who Joe Royer is and sometimes he gets double team, but I'm with you, usually when he gets the ball, it's a big play.
Speaker 1: You see's coming off the buy. Obviously, the last time we saw him was a forty five to fourteen loss to Utah. There were some uncharacteristic things that happened to the Bearcats in that game. Does that game feel like just a blip on the radar more than a troubling trend developing?
Speaker 2: It was just one that got away. I mean, I'll tell you that was a very difficult crowd. I won't say it was as loud as Narrowhead, but it was more than just the Moss the student section there. It was every fan there. It was the thing to do in Salt Lake City. Everyone had their phones out and making a lot of rocket It was nice time, I'm you know, and it's ten fifteen Cincinnati time when you start, so a whole lot of things going against you. See, they still had answers to be in the game. After the stores we touched down to start, You're thinking, well, okay, this this might just go back and forth, and then even in the second half he at Allen and it's twenty four to fourteen. But in there also with a couple of fumbles and he threw an interception, and he had not thrown an interception since Nebraska, So it just wasn't in the cards that night. But I think most teams would be hard pressed to go into Utah, particularly at night, and win in Utah's pretty good, and I think the selection committee is saying that with their ratings.
Speaker 1: Basketball beat Dayton earlier in the week, survived twenty four turnover as much talked about. Obviously, they're three and oh hosting Mount Saint Mary's on Sunday. Give give listeners your early takeaway about this three and O.
Speaker 2: U see team, Well, they play fast. They want to play fast. And I have asked him, I said, well, is this something where you're playing too fast or just something that at some point if becomes the normal, and that's what they want to do. They decided they want to play fast this year and they think this is what's going to help them in the Big twelve by playing fast. Now, what's not going to help them in the Big twelve is if you're averaging twenty three twenty four turnovers, which every game they've been in the twenties, and that's just not a good way to win throwing the ball away. So if you're UC fan, hopefully it all works out and they start throwing to the guys in the same uniforms and Baba Miller goes off. I mean, it's the incredible thing about Baba Miller. The last game, he doesn't even score for the first thirty one minutes of the game, and then he has eight points in the final nine. But he also had ten eleven rebounds, so he was a bucket away from his third double level. It really didn't have his best game. So they have a lot of guys that can hurt you in some ways. It's just that they're very deep. To me, death wise, roster wise, I think they're better than last year. But if you go back to last year, that team was ranked twenty in the preseason. I think a lot of the experts Evince make good because of what happened last year, and they're backing off on their traditions this year. Two totally different teams. Yeah, and the man just tranged out and they come the Rectors Man. They heard I was going to Lance mcallis before.
Speaker 3: That is beautiful.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Then then one final thought, and I might as well use your services on the scene, give listeners a nugget or a note on the game you're covering tonight. What do we need to know about that matchup?
Speaker 2: Well, they played last year about this time and Masal actually had a late lead Anderson had to come back and score the salvage to win to get Norse to go into the semi finals and events of the finals. Pat mcglock on is the guy they coached. He's running out right now. He's had the Lampers in the battle game before. I heard. They're a little bit ganged up, but you know that league. They're in GCL South and Sevester is so we're not going to go away. Anderton's done the I think the firefower and the fact that they're at home probably gives amless in yournet. But I've seen enough sports. Nothing surprising me anymore. Well even turnovers gonna win.
Speaker 1: Will said, Hey, you're a good man. I appreciate you navigating all that tonight to make this happen. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks a bun.
Speaker 1: All right, take care there you go. Scott Springer from the Inquirer Cincinnai dot com. He'll have your UC for you to read about. He'll have the football to read, the basketball to read, and a summary of that game tonight on the high school football scene to read, a man about town, a man about sports, and before we check news, let me seguay off of the UC football to our Kelsey Chevrolet College Football Weekend preview. Kelsey Chevrolet celebrating ten years of taking care of customers like family. Today they continue that promise with a new look of the new logo by the Way, built on trust, transparency, and peace of mind in every interaction, from sales to service, from driveways to highways, from our family to yours. Visit kelseyshebb dot com. In addition to UC being home to Arizona, Ohio State goes under the lights to host UCLA tomorrow night. The Buckeyes riding a nation's best thirteen game winning streak. Ohio State quarterback Julian Sayan is completing eighty point nine percent of his passes. Let me repeat that, I'm underlining it. Eighty point nine percent of his passes, and as of this week, he is the betting favorite to win the Heisman Kentucky goes out of conference to host Tennessee Tech. The Golden Eagles are ten to zero and number five on the FCS level. They've won fifteen straight and they lead FCS in scoring at forty five points a game. Notre Dame travels to Pittsburgh that's the college game Day site. Panthers are seven and two. They've won five straight. The Irish have won seven straight after starting zero to two by an average of almost four touchdowns per game. Indiana host Luke Fickele and Wisconsin. When I still can't believe that catch to win the IU game, But how about this. That win by IU moved them ahead of Northwestern. Northwestern now has the most losses in the history of college football seven hundred and sixteen all time. There's more on the college football front to get to. We'll do that in the seven o'clock our Up next, you see Claremont College volleyball won the Division two National championship on Sunday, second time since twenty twenty one. I need to know what's going on last their head coach Josh Hammer. As we continue Rnel Carrier Sports Talk presented by Kelsey Chevallet seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: News Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred WLW Cincinnati going after suspects with mob ties in the investigation into illegal sports betting with the seven o'clock report, I'm Jack Crumley breaking now. More arrests are being made in connection with an alleged mafia backed, multi miss billion dollar illegal sports betting ring.
Speaker 4: Authorities in New Jersey announced the arrest of fourteen more people yesterday. Joseph Little Joe Perna and other members of the Luczy crime family are accused of running a nationwide network of bookmakers who used offshore websites to obtain two million dollars in bets during a scheme that ran between twenty twenty two and twenty twenty four. Authorities also say several college athletes operated sports books under Perna's direction, and a spokesperson for the NCAA confirmed to ESPN that it was aware of the charges and was gathering details about the case.
Speaker 3: I'm Chris Krazio Now the latest traffic and weather together taking a look at the roads this evening. We've had a slow down still going on because of a crash reported southbound seventy five just south of Ronald Reagan in the construction zone, and that has you slow through the Lachland Split southbound seventy one, a little bit slow getting past Montgomery Road and getting down the Kenwood Cut in the hill you're slow again. Then as you approach Martin Luther King in Kentucky northbound four to seventy one, crash right around Memorial Parkway. That's causing a bit of a backup in that area.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: The latest forecast from the No Feared Dentist Weather Center Advanced Dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you. No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 3: Mostly clear skies tonight, a low of fifty three degrees Tomorrow really nice, a mixture of sun and clowns with a high of seventy sunny on Sunday a high in the mid fifties. The Bengals play the Steelers in Pittsburgh this coming Sunday. The weather they are going to have a chance of rain before kickoff at one pm. Sunny skies though with temperatures in the mid forties in the afternoon. Game day forecast built by American Home Tech. Your roof's best defense against any weather. Americanhometech dot Com radar right now showing clear skies in the tri State, it's fifty eight degrees. The state of Ohio with an update today on when SNAP benefits will be distributed now that the government shutdown is over. Remaining benefits are expected to be issued by the middle of next week. Meantime, Kentucky Governor Andy Basheer says his team we'll be working through the night tonight try and get benefits onto people's EBT cards by tomorrow. A ruling by a judge in Robertson County, Kentucky, south of Maysville about the woman accused of dismembering her mother and killing her that suspect has been found competent for trial.
Speaker 6: On Thursday, Torlina Field's learned two mental health professionals testify that she understands the proceedings despite past signs of psychosis and cognitive difficulties. Doctor Timothy Allen said Fields appeared stable during her evaluation and suggested her earlier psychotic behavior at the time of her arrest may have been drug induced. Doctor Scott Bender noted low cognitive test course but said they don't affect competency. Under Kentucky law. The judgees set a pretrial hearing for December eighth. I'm Sandy Collins.
Speaker 3: There are two ranked teams in college football action. Tonight, Number nineteen Louisville will host Clemson at seven point thirty Louisville seven and two Clemson's four and five. Later, Number seven Oregon will take on Minnesota in Eugene at nine pm. Oregan's eight and one Minnesota six and three. College basketball Tonight on the Big One, Xavier plays at Iowa, first road game of the season. Coverage starts in a half hour. I'm Jack Crumley. Our next update at seven thirty. Breaking News Anytime, News Radio seven hundred WLW. This report is sponsored by blindster dot com.
Speaker 1: Me new blinds at blindster dot com.
Speaker 4: We offer guaranteed