Speaker 1: All right, let's talk Bengals Steelers and do it with the guy I was thinking about when I was in Knoxville over the weekend. He's a connoisseer of Arby's, and when I saw in Arby's with an old school sign, I had to take a picture for him. He covers the Bengals for Bengals Talk dot Com. The Growler podcast he does with Paul Danner Jr. Is a must listen, especially the walkout after each game. We must be talking about one man. That would be Jay Morrison. How are you.
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 3: Laughs. There's not a lot of those Arby signs around anymore.
Speaker 1: That's right, absolutely, all right, take me back through the week. How surprising was Joe Burrow's return to practice some fifty seven days after toe surgery.
Speaker 3: Funning. I mean, it's a timeline alone, it was surprising based on what the initial reports were, but then you think, okay, if it's a piece of starting to get close, where it's gonna leak out? And Jamar Chase had no idea, Ted Carris had note, Ted Higgins Higgins had no idea. They were all as fun as the rest of us were, so it was it was really surprising. And it's pretty remarkable. Maybe not because it's Joe Burrow and and we know he heals fast and he's gonna work his butt off to get ready. But still, when they were talking mid December and here we are in mid November, it's pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: Jay Thanksgiving Night, Obviously, it would be quite a stage for the return of Joe Burrow against the Ravens. As the week is unfolded and you've thought about it and you've watched does it Does that feel realistic.
Speaker 3: In his mind? It does. I don't know. I don't know that that's where the organization's gonna go because I did. I ask him that in the press conference and he and he said it would be very meaningful to come back. No one is history in Baltimore. The fact, he's said in the past how much he would love to play one of those national TV games on Christmas or Thanksgiving, But it just feel timeline wise that that more likely is going to be Buffalo. Now we'll see. You know, Joe Flacco's playing through a lot, and if something happens to him where he's maybe iffy in that game, then that maybe that could change. But if I were if I were laying a bet right now. I would say he makes the return in Buffalo.
Speaker 1: No Trey or Shamar this weekend. Does that make for a big opportunity on Sunday for somebody like said Johnson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, He's he's really been impressive. And you know he he had five pressures in the final three games last year and he did that on twenty six snaps. Joseph o Sis had a couple stretches of three games this year with five pressures and it's coming one hundred and eight, one hundred and twenty snaps. It's the thing as good as said has been. The thing that people may forget is he had one padded practice since last year's season finale before he stepped on the field to play against the Bears. So he still doesn't have his his sea legs, so to speak. And Darren Simmons is using him a lot. He played twenty eight snaps on special teams, so I think that's going to kind of cut into how much he's he plays on defense too. But I'm really interested to see if he getting pressure on quarterbacks like this, is he gonna is he gonna start taking some reps away from guys like Miles Murphy and Joseph A Side.
Speaker 1: You wrote an excellent story on andre Yosibasha must read about and he's gone through clearly some challenging stretches this year. Jaye, How's he handled it and what's he's what's he's learned from it all?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he's he's learned not put other people's opinions and have those effects of value he puts on himself. And he said he got just unbelievable online hate after the Green Bay game when he had three drops and then he had that really bad drop against the Jets where if he comes down with that their infield goal position, they probably win that game. And it was really trying, you know, people were saying he should be benched. He got booed when he ran out when they announced the offensive starters for the Chicago game. It's it's been really hard on him, and it's it's tough to see because he's he's just such a bubbly personality and so happy to go lucky, and he works his butt off. He does everything right, and it was just puzzling to him, why is this happening when I worked so hard and then when the moments come, I can't make it happen. And then he has that great game against New England and or not New England against the Bears, and really that touchdown with fifty four seconds left should have been a really special moment at game winner and then the defense blew it. But it's still even though he didn't win the game, he got his confidence back on that touchdown pass and then that game as a whole with how well he played first time around for Bengals.
Speaker 1: Steelers T and Jamar combined thirty three targets twenty two catch He's got to figure Steelers tried to do something different this time. It would seem to lead to a third option like Andre being a big piece of the puzzle for Sunday.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely they If they're gonna double both those guys, it is it's no Offen, it's Tanner Hudson, or it's Andrea Yoshibas and and I don't know what we'll see. It might be the Steelers have a lot of aperience in that secondary and and maybe they they only go double team on both those guys on third downs, but they are they've got to do something. I mean, Jamar Chase just lit them up, and you know, Joe Flack is going to keep leaning into that. So I'm interested to see how the Steelers are going to approach this. But I still think no matter what they do, Jamar is going to get his targets.
Speaker 1: Eight games still left, but nobody know. Ane of the players seem to be shying away from the importance of Sunday in terms of the playoff picture. The M word was used and kind of accepted this week.
Speaker 3: It seems, Yeah, it was surprising. A lot of times they shy away from that. They say, it's not a must win until you're actually eliminated from playoff contention with the loss. And Jamar leaned into a Tea, leaned to and do it. Ted Carris leaned into it. They they know what it is, and it's it's it's really kind of stunning to think about that. If they win this game, they're a game out of first place, and if they lose, conversely, I mean three games out, seven to go, it would pretty much be over not just what they'd be one game out at first. If they win, maybe three to zero in the division. This is setting up to be a really really important game, and it's a tough place to play, but the Bengals have done pretty well in Pittsburgh since Zach and Joe Burrow arrived.
Speaker 1: Jay Aside from Joe Flacco's playing career, I've said my extent of working knowledge of him was just clips and sound bites. Over the years, as the weeks have gone on and he's talked more and you've been around him more, what are your impressions of the Joe Flacco beyond just the quarterback playing on the field.
Speaker 3: Oh, thoroughly impressed, and just his manner, the way he handles himself, the way I kind of wrote in that Yoshi VA's story where he saw Yoshi getting all those hard questions and when the interview broke up, he walked over and said, hey, how are you doing and checked on him because he knew that was a tough interview. And then just when he sits up with there at the podium, you know, sometimes Joe Burrow's great on the podium, but you see his eyes looking at the clock from time to time, and Joe Placo never does that. He gives us all the time in the world. It seems like he's kind of enjoying this process too, gives really thoughtful answers, and he's been a joy to work with.
Speaker 1: He's Jay Morrison, radiom at Bengals Talk dot com. Follow him on x at buy Jay Morrison, and certainly listen to the Growler podcast he does with Paul Dayner Junior. Hey, I know it's a Friday night, busy weekend. Thank you for making time tonight.
Speaker 3: Hey anytime, Lamb's good talking to you.
Speaker 1: Right, good talking to you, Jay Morrison checking in little Bengals and Steelers tonight. All right, more ahead, have about a little Bearcats and Cardinals one week from tonight they will toss it up and go at Heritage Bank Center. We'll talk with Brooks downing the man behind putting those two teams together for the matchup. A little bit later on some UC football and basketball, and so much more to squeeze in between. Now and Joe and Byron at seven point thirty tonight for the Xavier Musketeers at Iowa. Let's check news right on the OS, look at me time Management are now. Carrier Sports doc presented by Kelsey Chevelet, seven hundred WW.
Speaker 4: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 5: Pushback and calling for more names from the Epstein files with the six thirty report. I'm Jack Crumley breaking Now.
Speaker 3: The list of clients that went to the island has not been made public. Yeah, it's very interesting, isn't It Probably will be, by the way, So if you're able to, you'll be Yeah, certainly take a look at it.
Speaker 5: That was President Trump more than a year ago on the Lex Friedman podcast. In multiple truth social posts this morning, President Trump urged Republicans to not fall for what he called the Epstein hoax. Also said that he will ask the Justice Department to investigate ties between Jeffrey Epstein and Bill Clinton, Larry Summers, JP Morgan, and others. The emails released so far have come from the Epstein estate via the House Committee investigating. The Justice Department still has tens of thousands of documents.
Speaker 2: Does raise the question why the White House and the Justice Department are being so are so hesitant to release all of the other files that are in the Department of Justice possession if they really do think that none of these files and this separate tranch of documents show that the President did nothing wrong, as the White House would say.
Speaker 5: That is ABC's Catherine Folders. The House is set to vote on the release of the full Epstein files in the coming days. Now that the discharge petition hit the two hundred and eighteen signatures needed, now the latest traffic and weather together from the.
Speaker 6: UC Health Traffic Center. You'll find more options and clinical trials for pancreatic cancer care at the UC Cancer Center. Get a second opinion fast call five one three five eighty five U SECC still got that accident on eastbound two seventy five. It's after Princeton Pike. Three right lanes all blocked off and also a fifteen minute delay from Springfield Pike on Westwood Northern Boulevard. Another accident at McHenry Avenue northbound seventy one seventy five, seeing some slow traffic between Donaldson and twelfth a five to ten minute delay, and eastbound seventy four slow traffic from North Bend to Montana Avenue. I'm at Eazelek on news radio seven hundred WL.
Speaker 5: There's also been a new accident reported southbound seventy five in the construction zone just south of Ronald Reagan that has things backed up well through the Lachland Split. You start to hit the brakes just south of Glendale, Milford Now the Ladies.
Speaker 4: Forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news Radio seven hundred wl W.
Speaker 5: Clear skies tonight, a low of fifty three degrees, a mix of sun and clouds tomorrow with a high of seventy then on Sunday, sunshine and a high in the mid fifties. On Sunday, the Bengals play the Steelers in Pittsburgh. We are looking at some rain potentially before kick off at one o'clock. Temperature should be right around the mid to upper forties. Game day forecast built by American home Tech, Your roof's best defense against any weather. Americanhometech dot Com Radart right now showing clear skies in the Tri State. It's fifty nine degrees for Employees at Roberts Academy are now on leave after the parents of a six year old student posted pictures last week of how the boy was sent home with his wrists and ankles tied with socks. The district previously said there was an investigation going on, putting out the word about lane restrictions and closures this weekend that will likely back up traffic try and cross the Ohio.
Speaker 7: River concrete repair work on I seventy five both directions near the Brent Spence Bridge could cause travel delays this weekend. The Ohio Department of Transportation will have the southbound side of the highway down to one lane from the Third Street Overpass to south of the merger with I seventy one, and that will start at nine o'clock tonight. Access from seventy one southbound to the Brent Spence Bridge will be blocked off and those restrictions are going to be in place until six o'clock in the morning on Monday. Meantime, there will be a double lane closure on the lower deck to the Brent Spence Bridge starting at eleven o'clock tonight, with those northbound lanes staying closed through Saturday evening. There will also be a single lane closure seventy five northbound and southbound between the Eighth Street Viaduct and the Western Hills Viaduct that will be in effect all weekend long. Ricky Uchino News Radio seven hundred doublelw.
Speaker 5: On Wall Street today, the Dow ending down three hundred and ten points. I'm Jack Crumley. Our next update at seven o'clock. Breaking news Anytime News Radio seven hundred wlb.