Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: It is Mojo in the Morning, Home of War, the Roses, The Dirty on the thirty second Date, Update, five Lives, Tell Your Mom, Phone Scam, Throwback, throw Down, and more. So, I want to bitch about something, if you don't mind, I feel like I've been relatively positive lately so far today, so in the last hour, I've been relatively positive. But I'm gonna bitch about something. I do believe what I'm gonna bitch about, though, is something that you will agree with me on. Okay, I think this is going to be one of those It's not a fifty to fifty item. This is one hundred hundred or one hundred zero item. I have total tip fatigue.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Tipping has gotten just way out of control. And I don't know if it's because the no tax on tips things made it that every company feels like, okay, we can do tipping because it helps and benefits people because they don't pay taxes on it, or people are.
Speaker 1: Just too cheap.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna explain to you a little bit of what I think is an appropriate place to tip and what is not appropriate place to tip.
Speaker 1: So appropriate place to tip.
Speaker 2: When you go and you are in a restaurant and the person or people bring you things. Okay, they take your order, they bring you things, they re fill your waters. Okay, that's appropriate.
Speaker 3: Hair stylists.
Speaker 2: Hair stylists work very very hard, absolutely their assistance. If they have an assistance, yes, work just as hard, if not harder. That's an appropriate place. Nail text, nail text. They're rubbing your feet okay, and you probably have the ugliest feet ever, because I know I do. All right, those are all good places. Let me tell you where it's not appropriate. And I'm going to say this. If I go to Beyond Juice, you guys know what that place is.
Speaker 1: Beyond Juice. They have them in our area.
Speaker 4: Hair.
Speaker 1: I don't know where else they have them.
Speaker 2: If I go to Beyond Juice and I buy myself something out of the refrigerator that doesn't require anything other than me and my fat hands grabbing it, I don't think that I should have to tip. And when they ring me up and all of a sudden flip over the iPad and they've got the eighteen twenty twenty five percent or something like that, I feel like I don't have to do anything on that one.
Speaker 5: Oh, I have no qualms anymore about Oh about I don't hitting skip. I really don't have I like you said, you're the one that did the work.
Speaker 2: Shannon, I am so always worried that I'm going to get called out on David Chuck the freak.
Speaker 1: I feel like they're going to call over to their show and.
Speaker 3: Everybody would agree that's what you did.
Speaker 2: But the problem is, it's like it's like sometimes videos that you see, it's only the little SoundBite. They will only say Mojo didn't tip. They won't ask what I bought. They won't say what did he buy? He bought protein balls?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. They will never do that.
Speaker 3: You grabbed the protein balls, put them on the co.
Speaker 2: That had four of them in there, and they're always a little bit too small for me.
Speaker 1: So if you got would you have tipped?
Speaker 2: If I got a movie, I would have given a tip because somebody actually had to squeeze the orange.
Speaker 6: I think it's appropriate for them to have it. They're asking because you never know.
Speaker 2: But on certain things they should just take it off. Let me tell you where I was yesterday. So yesterday I cleaned my garage out. Okay, first manual labor i've done and forever ask my wife clean my garage out. But beforehand, I had to go and get myself a new hose because if our hose was left out and it cracked, you know, from being out in the cold. A new hose and a new little sprayer thing that was on the end of it. And I also needed to get a big broom to to kind of clean my garage because I had my garage is filthy.
Speaker 1: I go to the hardware store by my house.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I bought the nicest hose. I bought this nice hose that literally shrinks and goes.
Speaker 1: Back and forth.
Speaker 2: It's like it's honestly, it's the coolest. It's crazy how things get excite me. And I bought the thing that was next to it, the sprayer, and then I brought the you know them a little. I got a little bit of a speech impediment going today. So I go and I bring it up to the counter. They ring me up and they asked me to tip.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. At the hardware store they asked me to tip.
Speaker 5: All right, I don't think did you I didn't?
Speaker 1: I said no enough for me. That's why I'm standing right now on this.
Speaker 3: Did you act?
Speaker 5: Because knowing you, you're very shabby with people in a nice way. I mean this, did you say for what reason? Is there a tip option?
Speaker 2: Under my breath? Under my breath? I said, oh, that is such bull crap. I say drops, by the way. I don't know if people ever do this. You speak drops. That is such bull crap. And then I kind of didn't do anything after that, Like I didn't say anything at all. I just kind of like gave a look and then I kind of looked down, going, God, I hope he doesn't know who I am is I wasn't, but I was going to say something, but I was afraid that if I said something, I would look like a you know, yeah, like a like a male Karen, you know what I mean. So I didn't want to do it, but it was it was ridiculous. You should not ever, and honestly, I hate to say this. I'm starting to think now you shouldn't have to tip on carryout orders. And I don't rarely ever carry out. But I carried out Chinese this weekend. Normally I would door dash. I carried it out because I was going to be in the area and Luke wanted Chinese food. I got the Chinese food and it saved me like twelve dollars. When I went to go get picked up, they wanted me to give them the twelve dollars.
Speaker 5: I'm like this, I'm rethinking the car wash. I know you're going to disagree with me on this one. I'm rethinking tipping at the car wash the towel dry at the end.
Speaker 6: Okay, So I just found out that people tip a lot of money at the car wash. I give them a dollar and someone was like, no, you have to give them at least five.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you actually did the inside and outside. I totally get at that, absolutely one hundred percent. They deserve it. But the outside at the end, honestly, they do a half ass job.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I tip them based on, honestly, how cold it is outside.
Speaker 1: If it's really cold, I will give them a tip. If it's not cold.
Speaker 5: The car wash that I go to now they stay inside and there are big heaters right there.
Speaker 2: Oh really yeah, so they're they're not surrounded by the elements. Then a four to four Mojo Live tax nine five five zero zero. Emily, what's going on? How are you guys beforn and what's happening is tipping out of control?
Speaker 7: Absolutely? I mean, I'm only twenty four in my rule, and this has been the rule with my parents too. If they make minimum wage, I'm not tipping them. Like if my little sister was a server and she made very little money as the server wage in the state of Michigan. But if you're working at like Jimmy John's just behind the counter, I'm not tipping yet.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Okay, So that's interesting. So how do we know what they make? Do you ask them that question?
Speaker 7: Like most places that like I don't tip that I either worked at in high school or I'm familiar with it because I've got family friends that have kids that work there. But I just think it's insane that they're asking sen like you said, like at a hardware store, I'm not they're not doing anything before way, can.
Speaker 3: I ask you guys a question?
Speaker 5: If you go out to eat, twenty percent totally standard, right, Yeah, It's just interesting to me that tipping. The whole premise of tipping is somebody goes above and beyond the service that you are.
Speaker 3: That is just baseline.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 5: Even if I have really crappy service at a restaurant, I still give twenty percents same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like you're expected to.
Speaker 3: I mean, you have to at least give twenty percent.
Speaker 6: Now our wage, we don't they make like nothing?
Speaker 7: Well those my dad, Yeah, my dad traveled a lot overseas and in Europe, and sometimes they actually take a sense to it. They do because they make a livable wage over.
Speaker 1: There, they do.
Speaker 5: I learned that when we went on my on our honeymoon, when West and I went on our honeymoon this summer, that you do not tip, they they will they will leave it.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 2: By the way, I have to tell you that these screens now are no longer doing below twenty percent anymore. Now they're doing twenty twenty five, twenty two. Yeah, it's crazy. I mean these guys pretty soon literally we're gonna be all going out and getting one of these jobs because these guys are getting more money than we're getting.
Speaker 6: When I was at the airport, self serve Kiosk asked me to tip real self serve kios I checked myself out, what's going on?
Speaker 1: How you doing? Ben was mojo?
Speaker 7: So I wish Kevin was here so I could get on his case about this.
Speaker 4: But uh so last year I had a lunch order for me and four other co workers.
Speaker 7: So we got five meals and we ordered online from Chipotle.
Speaker 4: We had to pick up for two pm.
Speaker 7: We get twenty five bucks on the app. We went. I went to go pick up the order.
Speaker 4: Not only was the order all cold, but the entire order was wrong.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 3: I called up there.
Speaker 7: I called up there and was like, you know, I any waist and foods, blah blah blah. They're like, no, come get your right order.
Speaker 1: So we go up there.
Speaker 7: I pick up the right order and then the lady who handed me the food goes, you're not gonna tip.
Speaker 3: I was like, excuse me, I did twenty you got the whole along.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wait, she actually called you out and she screwed your order up.
Speaker 4: She did. She did.
Speaker 1: That's insane. That is nuts. Why do you wish that Kevin was here for this one? Explain that to me?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, not anymore.
Speaker 2: He's I think he's off the Chipotle bandwagon now. I think he ate it so much. One time he ate it for about forty five straight days and he bought two bowls a day.
Speaker 3: Yes he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a.
Speaker 2: Time when I think he had to go get a colon askape the road out of him?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Karen?
Speaker 5: Hi? Hi?
Speaker 7: I agree with you guys, and I'm gonna sound like a cheap o. I am tired of the tipping they wanted on gift cards. One time they went to Charlie's. I don't know. My son wanted his chief thing whatever, and.
Speaker 1: The kid was like, now, aren't you gonna give some money?
Speaker 7: And he was a cute, kidding me, pressured me. I guess he'll stress out. I gave him a better tip than what I even paid for.
Speaker 1: The pressuring us. How are they there? Yeah, they're chirping at us out there. This is crazy. They can't do that. I can't believe this. What's up, Susan? How you doing good?
Speaker 4: How are you guys?
Speaker 1: Good? What's going on? Susan? Good?
Speaker 8: You know, I'm getting tired of the tipping as well. But I guess what I wanted to say. In the service industry, as a waitress or waiter, I guess I can understand that. But like, what about the people say who deliver your furniture from the brick? We don't tip them?
Speaker 4: You know what I do here?
Speaker 1: You deliver? Oh yeah, yes, like a movie. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: If they deliver furniture to me, Like, if it's you know, gardener white or whatever, I will I'll give them a tip.
Speaker 8: What about a bank like cashier?
Speaker 2: Now they're just handing me money, although it is it is weird when they're handing me money and I'm like holding it, going what do I do? I actually had one that gave me a bunch of singles. I'm going, what is the reasoning provice she's giving me all these singles? You know?
Speaker 1: Is she sending them that message?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Maybe, Well, Mojo, you're extra your extra kind though, I think, because yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Know yesterday as you should have.
Speaker 3: Seen me, I was like, I really want to know why.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's up Natalie high right.
Speaker 8: I have to comments so and then she I don't understand why they have a tip jar there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you do all the work, Yeah, all the work.
Speaker 6: And then my second comment is that if I go to a restaurant and I have pappy service, I leave them a twenty percent or more tips.
Speaker 7: However I leave them and know on how to be a better server.
Speaker 8: Oh I am, I shouldn't have to stuff on eyes.
Speaker 7: You should fill myself with water. Thinks of that nature. I give them tips on what to.
Speaker 1: Do better next time. That is so fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jeremiah says he doesn't tip at all anywhere.
Speaker 1: Jeremiah, you cheap son of a bitch.
Speaker 6: Yeah, why not?
Speaker 1: That's my it.
Speaker 9: Well, I don't believe that, or whether it's a server or whatever. I don't think I should be required or pressured into giving them more money for.
Speaker 1: Just bringing me food or like deparment up like that. Yeah, so you're talking.
Speaker 6: Even if you go out to a restaurant, like on a date, you won't tip them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, I don't tip. I mean like I will if I have like cash on me, which is rarely, but yeah, no, I don't go out of my way to tip them.
Speaker 2: Well, I will tell you that if you're out with a girl, and if you're a single guy and you're doing this and you're not tipping. If I'm a girl, I look at that and go, that's a douche move. You got to My girlfriend hates it, Oh my gosh. You know why because she knows that you're not putting full effort into anything.
Speaker 1: Well, I just want to go out to eat. Here's the deal. That's the thing.
Speaker 2: You give exceptional service and now exceptional service to me is not how you bring the food out faster. If you're just happy in kind. If you are happy in kind and ask me how I'm doing my day or whatever, I literally I'll adopt you. I'll pay your student loan.
Speaker 3: For you your experience and well.
Speaker 1: It also you're spreading good cheer. You know.
Speaker 2: John's somebody who works at the car wash wants to answer your car wash question, Channon, what's going on?
Speaker 1: John?
Speaker 4: So, the reason why they don't dry your car off all the way, it's because they already have dryers that dry your windows off and your top and owners already want They only want the workers to dry off just windows, your body of your car. Okay, So I was always the one to always get the good tips.
Speaker 3: But they keep your tips.
Speaker 1: They do it the car wash.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they keep them at Jack's.
Speaker 3: Yes, Okay, so I've heard this.
Speaker 1: That's the case, and I'm.
Speaker 5: Not a guy told me because I'm a I'm a Jackson LeMond club member.
Speaker 3: I'm very proud of that. You're the best. But but so are you?
Speaker 1: Ummy?
Speaker 5: So a guy told me, don't tip on the screen, give cash tips, because they keep the tips that you put on your card. But they but they let the employees keep the cash. One is that not true?
Speaker 4: Not a jack jack?
Speaker 3: I am not amore.
Speaker 1: Here's what I always say to the guy.
Speaker 2: I say to him, Hey, I'm giving you a finski, put it in your pockety.
Speaker 4: But they got cameras that watch, so I'm kind of like, uh.
Speaker 1: I'll actually stick it in.
Speaker 3: You know what I like, I did not know that is crap.
Speaker 2: I take the money and I put it in my teeth and I try to get me like a strip club.
Speaker 4: You know I'm already changed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: Well listen, thank you for the call, and thank you for the advice on this one. All right now, pissed now, I'm now. I usually will go to the I can get just singles just for that reason.
Speaker 5: I always a few of my glovebox justa does like really do a good job.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and then my kid goes in there and steals them all