Speaker 1: How is everybody doing on Oh Wednesday?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: How the heck are you? You say? Howdy doody? Was that a howdy duty intro? Oh?
Speaker 1: It's almost as bad as Courtney has been scolding herself. I haven't said anything personally about this, but she's been scolding herself for saying what he thinks is the nerdiest thing in the world, which she keeps responding with okie dokie. So I'll say something, you go oki dokie and then Jackie's good.
Speaker 2: But once it's in your head, you can't stop. It's an out of body experience.
Speaker 1: I don't know how it's like when I for a little while I got hooked on if I ran into something, or if I tripped a little bit, I'd be like.
Speaker 3: Whoopsie Daisy, and oh, that's a bad one.
Speaker 1: Like all of these credibility down the drain every single time.
Speaker 4: My old roommate was a big fan of Oopsie doodles.
Speaker 3: Oopsy Doodles is worse than Oopsie Daisy. I think it absolutely is.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's put her inst the ground, he fingers of the poll. Let's see what's happening in this great, big wide world of ours. Besides that noise outside the studio.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Twitch.
Speaker 1: Here we go where a woman I've not heard of this lady over on Twitch before. Her name is Fandy, and Fandy was getting a lot of heat for this. This is not a grease remake, but in fact, she gave birth the first ever live birth streamed on Twitch.
Speaker 3: Let's listen in there. It goes they're pulling the baby out, you know.
Speaker 1: And I haven't seen this before in an inflatable tub in the living room of your house.
Speaker 3: And an inflatable tub and the living room.
Speaker 1: In your house with a chat going on in the background. You just spurred the shop.
Speaker 2: I told you guys years ago that there was family friends and I was the same age as the daughter grew up together who moved to North Carolina, and their doula was in Miami, and they wanted to give birth in Miami.
Speaker 5: So my parents let them say and the guest house.
Speaker 3: I kind of remember this, yeah you want.
Speaker 2: Or two later, a little closer to the birth, asked can we have the baby in the guesthouse via tub? And my parents did draw the line and say, I think it'd be best.
Speaker 3: I think that's fine.
Speaker 1: I think It's fine to have your personal space, you know, like, hey, I know what you're gonna do right when.
Speaker 3: You give birth.
Speaker 1: It's not like sometimes we when we're little, would picture a stork just dropping off a perfectly clean little baby.
Speaker 5: No, it is not that clean after birth everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this stuff coming out of all the spaces, all right, that's happening the room they were in.
Speaker 4: First of all, hilarious that they had the chat up on a screen they do for them, read what what a what emoji am I supposed to send?
Speaker 3: You know what? What react am I supposed to send? Right as you're pushing out the baby when you're like, oh, here we go, fire emoji, fire emoji? Uh huh is that baby.
Speaker 6: Noise?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the moment that was the baby. That's a demon baby.
Speaker 1: That's just I saw somebody say, uh, talk about overdoing it for your stream, and I'm like, tell me you're fifteen. Without telling me you're fifteen, buddy, You're like, oh yeah, the mom is totally overdoing her reaction to having a water melon scored out from between her legs.
Speaker 3: It is one way to do it.
Speaker 2: Squirt seems a little less painful. It is your body is transforming and opening up in.
Speaker 5: Ways that was not natural prior to that moment.
Speaker 3: See here, what is this the fifties?
Speaker 1: Like mad men, You're gonna smoke a cigarette and be like listen, quiet down, broad.
Speaker 3: I thought it's loud.
Speaker 4: I thought the comment might have been just her doing this whole thing in general, would be overdoing it.
Speaker 3: For the stream.
Speaker 1: People were saying it was like, oh, how could you do this? This is so it's it's not classy at all. It's trashy. This is the most classy thing that's happened on Twitch all year. I know what happens on Twitch. I know the drama of the day on Twitch is somebody possibly having a shock dog collar to keep their dog in the background on the on the dog bed.
Speaker 3: It's all stupid and dumb and ridiculous. This is a it's a beautiful part of life. She had a baby.
Speaker 1: You can't see anything exactly, not like exposing herself.
Speaker 5: A question for you though.
Speaker 2: I thought Twitch was strict, like at one point you couldn't eat a banana on a Twitch live stream.
Speaker 5: So now they've opened things up.
Speaker 1: No, you could do a lot more than that. But you can still be in like a Bikinian stuff. There's there's lots of things that people do. I don't know if many people watch that anymore.
Speaker 4: I thought the banana thing was regional, like like, you couldn't a banana in China.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be hard doing for us. But well, well you eating a banana there? Uh, where are you looking at? She's just pushing out a baby. It's unbelievable, man, and subscribe.
Speaker 1: I just love that people will be like, hey, this is so trashy.
Speaker 3: How could you put this on the internet. I'm like, I'm.
Speaker 1: Pretty sure everybody has a baby picture of immediately after they were born, when you were on your mom's body and it was like, here's the first moment that we met.
Speaker 5: Not us nineties eighties babies.
Speaker 2: It was like when you got put in the plastic box and you look like an alien.
Speaker 3: Your head, you're like, and they're like me on my mom's chest.
Speaker 1: You don't have a photo of like when you were just right after you were born.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure I do.
Speaker 2: But the one that got printed in the Miami newspaper was where I looked like I had been beamed down from some ugly ass planet space.
Speaker 3: In the newspaper, what the hell? Yeah, I didn't get in the newspaper for my birth, but why not monetize it? Are we all crazy here? I think makes some money.
Speaker 4: Pictures of Jackson, Uh you know that was the first place he went, was laying.
Speaker 3: On Ashley's chest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she almost looked surprised, like, oh, it's She didn't make a noise like that. She did not make a noise that they don't have epidurals in that home birth thing. They must know actually actually was floating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she went, oh it's done, like actually, sound like a stoner about three am.
Speaker 5: At the fourteen man.
Speaker 3: And then the.
Speaker 4: Other photos we took, you know, the sweet, sweet nurses that helped us through everything. They were so good, every little piece of every part of that, except when they took pictures of me cutting the cord. Oh I cannot show you why because Ashley is in the back.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, they chose.
Speaker 4: I mean, and this this is the baby is seconds old, you know, right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I think they don't They don't understand because they just see this stuff all day long.
Speaker 2: Of course, I know someone's birth nurse who took the placenta and umbilical cord and made a little like the incursive love uh and showed the Papa said look at that, and it was decided.
Speaker 3: To see it.
Speaker 1: Seems it's a little weird, like you're coming back from your carnival cruise. Line's the birthing sweet version of.
Speaker 7: It's in a lobster formlation.
Speaker 1: It's not the weirdest thing I've heard, but I support her. What do you think trashy or classy or somewhere in between? Let us know, said a dispatch over at Thenewsjunkie dot com. I truly think it's one of the least defensive things I've seen on twitch at twenty twenty five. It's a trash can out there.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Oh, I want to say something we need We need to make a change. We need to make a change in not even polite society, but just a American society as a whole. Because I've just heard that Jerry Jones has been fined by the National Football League.
Speaker 3: All right, Oh, he's the.
Speaker 1: Owner of the Cowboys, big bloated white dude who looks kind of like the bad guys on Captain Planet, you know, Captain.
Speaker 2: Plant here, and that guy has a cigar that never goes out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the bad guys always like a big fat guy, Cigar Jerry, he's one of those characters. He goes out in his booth or clubhouse, you know, at the MetLife Stadium, and he was like doing the thumbs up, saying hi to the fans who had turned around, and at one point he turned his thumbs up into a middle finger for some of the people that were there in the state hands. And they find him two hundred and fifty thousand dollars for it, all right, two hundred and fifty thousand dollars they find him for the ass.
Speaker 3: Here's the moment he's waving thumbs up all.
Speaker 8: Right there, oh for just a split second, even on the jumbo screen.
Speaker 1: No, no, there, it is just it's not even an entire second. He flips the middle fingure tell from this angle, it's it's so nothingness that right there. It must be a two hundred and fifty thousand dollars fine for like a quarter of a second, that's what happened. And I thought, what don't we have our priorities out of whack? Here is the middle finger really that offensive? Is the middle finger really that offensive? And a couple of things came to mind. Number one, if you are driving around Sabrina, you're out there on the roads and somebody gets mad at you because you know you're not driving right for them.
Speaker 3: And somebody gets mad at you and they pull up next to.
Speaker 1: You and they're like middle finger and they're just hit you with the Would you rather have that or somebody laying on the horn?
Speaker 5: Oh, middle finger all day?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The middle finger is just less offensive and shocking.
Speaker 3: I wish the horn. That's good? At it?
Speaker 5: Like right now? Example cool when I do it in the car, I just go oh, And then I've you.
Speaker 3: Got to You got to keep those thumbs down. You gotta keep it's hard, but you got to keep the thumb.
Speaker 2: It looks like an eighth grader, right, So you got to do a little knuckle.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's a little controversial, right yeah, even like the knuckles you can bring into it no matter what you're doing. No thumb, no, no, look at the thumb right here. This looks cool.
Speaker 1: What are you guys hitching cabs over there? We don't need the thumb sticking now, man, what do you got mail in the mailbox? You want somebody to pick up tunk? The thumb in looks middle finger like this. That's that's how it goes. Two hundred and fifty thousand dollars fine.
Speaker 5: Which is change for that fellaw right, which is.
Speaker 1: Kind of it is it is, yes, it is, but it's it's kind of crazy that they're like Jerry Jones flipped off somebody he didn't like in the audience of the football game for one millisecond two hundred and fifty thousand dollars fine, and then they're like this guy attacked his entire family and beat his wife.
Speaker 2: Uh, let's during the in between plays commentary, let's.
Speaker 1: Start to the female sideline reporter to awkwardly make yeah, what well, mention what happened with the with the ladies at this guy's house, and then back to you.
Speaker 3: But we'll find the owner two hundred and fifty grand, Okay, when the finds do happen?
Speaker 2: Where's this money going to measure the NFL experience? Let's see right to commissioner's bucket.
Speaker 3: Good question.
Speaker 1: Let me see, because I think we've maybe looked this up at one point in time, but I always forget, hang on, uh, where did the NFL finds go? And when somebody plays a fine in the NFL. Where's that money go?
Speaker 3: The boys? I'm asking, no, no, you know what this is the somehow my phone got hooked up to my computer and it keeps trying to make fine. Yeah it is, it's my new phone.
Speaker 4: Wait, are you getting that notification that your WiFi is disabled for continuity camera?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: I don't know that. All right, I'll figure this out. But yeah, I think the NFL.
Speaker 1: Says, what does the NFL do with fine money? I think that they say they give it to charity or something, but let's just double check, like they don't make enough money over there. You know, NFL and the NFL Players Association doesn't keep all of the money from fines for their own profit. Here's how it's handled. All fine money collected goes to programs for former players, not to the NFL specifically, The finds are donated to the Professional Athletes Foundation to support legends in need in the NFL Foundation, which supports health, safety, and wellness efforts across all levels of football. Oh so you put all the people on the field and they get CTE and then afterwards flip a couple of middle fingers and then you're funding the CTE.
Speaker 3: Dudes, after.
Speaker 2: Is it though, because I'm not saying a whole lot of breakthroughs in the research with CTA. Just see a bunch of dudes either committing crime or killing themselves and then saying, please research my brain.
Speaker 5: So I don't see much advancement.
Speaker 3: They haven't solved it yet, No, they have not seen it.
Speaker 5: If more middle fingers from the owners, please.
Speaker 1: The NFL says since twenty eleven, around four million per year on average has been donated from fine money to these causes. So they have tried to take this money and bring it elsewhere. But I really think, and I want to know, just generally speaking, where do you classify the middle finger on offensive things like should people be able to on live TV? Middle finger? Is that inappropriate? Should that be allowed? Should that not be allowed? I think we allow such worse things. It doesn't really feel that bad. It's just you're just doing a little thing with your finger, for God's right. But it's an actual sign language. No, No, it's not this or something like oh that's.
Speaker 3: The under your chin.
Speaker 4: And I can't say what I want to say because I want to say something in Italian, but it's mean something probably I can't say. And in Japanese sign language, the same gesture with all fingers curled inward, except the middle one means elder brother, younger brother, and siblings.
Speaker 3: Like that's what it's all about. Family.
Speaker 1: That's what Jerry Jones was saying, too, middle finger. You're just trying to reach out to your younger brother out there, so here you go.
Speaker 3: That's that's what I have to say. This comes from a childish name of the middle finger. Uh.
Speaker 4: And then they have some weird uh translations here there's a big brother finger, dad finger, mom finger, big sister finger.
Speaker 3: These are all weird, Like that's weird.
Speaker 1: Tell us anything fair, pen two hundred and fifty thousand dollars for us a fraction of a second in the middle finger or too far. Let us know your thoughts. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. We're gonna talk about this country singer who's in the headlines at the last two days. Here he I guess released some new song. This guy's been controversial before, but now he released a new song and it mentioned ice in the song, like immigration's customs enforcement, and the whole media coverage has been like maga. Country fans turn on Zach Bryan, and he's responded, and we'll kind of get into what's going on with that drama before we talk about that. There is something that's taking place as a result of the Sora to launch with the AI video that we discussed, and this is unhinged and we have to maybe have another conversation with your child to make sure that they don't do this this week.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's happening. We'll talk about that.
Speaker 10: It's coming up next in the news junk key.
Speaker 1: The only thing I know about any dog shock collar drama, honest to god, is that we tried a bit one time with the shot callers, and it is definitely torturous to do that to dogs, just from like actual personal experience.
Speaker 3: I would, yeah, I would.
Speaker 5: On her neck still would be very painful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so I think people are like, oh, it's not that big of a deal. You do you I'm not, you know whatever. But I felt like it was inhumane to use one of those myself after testing it out like being waterboarded or something, and then you go, damn, waterboarding sucks.
Speaker 2: Secondly, imagine if it put a shot collar on Carl that would make him explode or ketch.
Speaker 3: He's too small.
Speaker 1: And if they make shot collars that small, like like a shot collar version of baby shoes, that's messed up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they probably just out of the same thing that the that they use like as an igniter on on an electric.
Speaker 3: He would start burning the candle lighter. The candle light.
Speaker 2: We'll do it for a mile away. If you go to light that up, he is up next to your ankles trying to rip him something about that very high pitch, very high pitch anything.
Speaker 1: Lady is not going to get the shot collar.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you that. I'm just not going to be doing that.
Speaker 1: But I want to tell you about something that's popped up. We we've been talking well as we generally do, because AI is such a big breakthrough in the last two to three years. If you aren't talking about it, you're missing out on a thing that's going to be as big of a social change long term and short term as the Internet ever was, and maybe more, much more, actually probably a lot more the Internet walked so AI could run. That really will be what the future of this country. As I've already told you, I think this is going to lead to within our lifetime, is the elimination of most jobs. People will transfer over into an economy where we are less reliant on these average run of the middle jobs that people do each day.
Speaker 3: We somehow have to work this all out. It's crazy, right, And we talked about.
Speaker 1: Sora Too, which was released recently, And don't worry if you don't know about this stuff. I'll explain it a little bit here briefly, but Sora too is a video generation tool and it was released to invitation only. See Lane got me an invitation code when I was trying to find with desperately SA and thank you. So popped it in and started using it, and it's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: I have a listener to think for that. By the way, I go find who that is.
Speaker 2: I went on Reddit post I even had GBT like giving me notifications every time it refreshed. I asked some dude that I knew had the pro didn't get the invite. I mean it was a hard ticket to find.
Speaker 3: Uh, Kyle. Thank you to Kyle for sending that code over.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I was trying on Twitter and there are so many like fake websites generating six digit codes and then going did it work?
Speaker 3: Did it work? Tell me if it worked.
Speaker 4: That or people that are like, you know, like and subscribe and do this and I'll give you a code and there's a lot of that cool.
Speaker 5: I'll follow you and unfollow you soon as you send the code.
Speaker 1: Well, here's one way excuse me that people are utilizing this new technology that is really really stupid. This is in round Rock, that's where this took place in Texas, and it says the story from kV u E ABC says, round Rock police warn't of a social media trend that's going around. Now, take take a break, relax for a bit. Let me just inform you that most of the time when the news says there's some social media trend, it's usually like two kids all right. It's not like, oh my god, everybody's doing this. But still it's worth being aware of, especially if you're a little bit older and not in touch with what's happening with AI. I've talked to people recently and they go, oh, man, this AI thing is pretty dangerous. I hear it can help kids with their homework. And I'm like, that is the least of our worries. That ain't nothing, but this, well, this is a thing. The round Rock Police Department in Texas is warning the public about a TikTok trend that misuses emergency services. The trend reportedly involves staging fake home invasions by sending text messages and AI generated images to their parents. These people will send them to their parents, I guess, and.
Speaker 3: It says the police said.
Speaker 1: The images appear realistic, often showing scenes such as a homeless man sitting on a couch, standing in the kitchen, or eating food inside the home. Right And I guess what happens here is the parents get the message and the kids like, somebody broke into our house. Look, this man is on our couch right now. And they sent an AI image that they're just choken around with.
Speaker 5: Quite funny, but it's messed up for sure.
Speaker 1: But the parents are calling the cops saying there's a home evasion happening. They're calling him up and saying like, well, look we got a problem.
Speaker 3: You know it's presented kiddos.
Speaker 2: The first one that I believe started the trend was, no, he needs some water. We're just here to help him.
Speaker 5: He's very nice.
Speaker 3: Oh, he just needed a shower. And then keep going around. Now, I did see.
Speaker 2: Someone that I went to high school with posted the prank against their husband and the phone call they got and it was not as funny because anger and I'm gonna be over there in two.
Speaker 3: Seconds, because people who don't get AI are like, well, this must be a real hobo on my couch at home right now. Why would you have let this man into our house?
Speaker 1: And these parents are doing this and they're they're boomer enough that they don't understand what's going on, so they're calling nine to one one.
Speaker 3: I think they talk about in.
Speaker 11: The news report warning from round Rock Police about a social media trend that's leading to unnecessary nine.
Speaker 3: To one one calls.
Speaker 11: Round Rock Police say there's a trend floating around tiktoks, floading around media platforms where teenagers stage fake home invasions. The teens send their parents text messages with.
Speaker 3: A swattering themselves.
Speaker 1: They are yeah, they're swattering themself. There's a hobo in my house. He's on the couch. My kids are in danger. Send the police and the kids are like, ah, they don't realize.
Speaker 3: Their parents are calling the cops on this.
Speaker 11: Thing of a homeless man inside the house. Round Rock police say the pranks have led to parents calling nine one one thinking their child is in danger. In fact, the department responded to two calls related to drink over the weekend, so they're encouraging parents to.
Speaker 3: Talk to kids about the risk legal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have a trend on our hands. There's been two calls about this. Everybody, this is a big deal. Hang on, let's see here.
Speaker 3: If I go to chat GPT, make me an image of a homeless man, will they do something with a homeless person? I wonder, homeless sitting on my couch drink King orange juice. Yeah you might.
Speaker 1: You might have to get like your couch to make it better. But let's just see how convincing this would be. Like if I was a boomer disconnected parent, if I saw that, would I go, oh my god, there's somebody that's broken into the house. The kids are in danger right now, I'll call the police. And the kids have a total different agenda. They're like, we're over here getting funny content that we're going to post to our TikTok channel. Parents, we got to be a little more hip to this stuff.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: We got to be aware of what's going on. You got to know what's a joke, what's not. You got to be able to read the mojo's you know what I mean. It's an all important thing to keep up with this stuff, so you're not getting tricked now. I got the AI making the image of a homeless man sitting on my couch drinking orange juice.
Speaker 4: That's going to be a funny image. I don't have a sign asking for more orange juice.
Speaker 2: Would it be weird if they still got your living room perfectly?
Speaker 3: That would be scary.
Speaker 1: You've talked before about you asked something to chat GPT and it's like, oh, is this about your cat Luna?
Speaker 3: Yeah? How's that new food she's on? And you're like, whoa, that's crazy. How dare you back off of my life a little bit? Would you? Okay?
Speaker 1: It's it's this is funny because the chat GPT image creation experience so much reminds.
Speaker 3: Me of AOL in the dial up days. Getting right now, right now, take a look. It's literally it's like revealing the photo as it goes. Nailed it, baby, elon gott It's.
Speaker 1: A homo in the couch and says, lost my job. My cardboard sign he's got ripped. That is your couch.
Speaker 3: Well that I can believe lamb.
Speaker 1: And imagine a parent seeing this and going, oh my goodness, you've led a homeless man in our house. How could you do this? Please don't fall for this. You're smarter than that. I believe in you. We can't have this.
Speaker 3: I am that.
Speaker 4: Or if there's like an uncle that's not supposed to come over, we never but we don't talk to him anymore.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll see what happens. But this seems to be going around. Parents to prepare yourselves. Accordingly, a couple of emails coming in talking about the middle finger conversation, Mike to tips at the Newsjunkie dot Com says, according to what I read, and the middle finger comes from medieval England, a little history here. During wars, captured archers sometimes had that finger removed by the enemy if they were released, rendering them useless as archers. During castle assaults, the unmutilated archers would line up on the ramparts and display the middle fingers to those below to let them know they could shoot them up.
Speaker 5: I can't do a bow without your mental finger.
Speaker 3: Just oh, shoot, that would be hard.
Speaker 1: And I've seen I've seen people like I think I've seen people try to shoot that way. But have you ever tried to pull back like a cross, like a compound bow. You know what a compound bow is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have not. Oh man, if you try to pull back a compound bow to get it past that point where it like loosens up a little bit, you really got to have your hand working as as much as it possibly can.
Speaker 2: At least all fingers you do without. But it would be a changed since the back in the day.
Speaker 1: What do you say, Renaissance, here's the thing, he said, medieval England.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Even if you could do that well, in fact, I would say you definitely can do that if you don't have a middle finger, because I've seen people adapt who are missing limbs and stuff.
Speaker 3: People the fet.
Speaker 1: People do some pretty magical where they're missing limbs. They work around this stuff. But even if it's still difficult, it is still a difficult thing.
Speaker 3: Some of you do this for fun, know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Let's go over to Dave, who says, hey, this morning, I somehow looked at the government official web page for the USDA dot gov.
Speaker 3: I always want to bring somebody over there. Let's check out the USDA dot gov websites.
Speaker 5: Here we go, get my lotion and tissues.
Speaker 1: And yeah, he says, now we know the White House puts out misinformation a lot.
Speaker 3: These are his words.
Speaker 1: But if you look at this real government information page, you'll see a banner blaming the shutdown on the radical left, not the fact that Republicans hold all the majority of government. Now we've talked about this already. You have to have sixty votes to pass things. The government's shutdown because the Republicans all voted for something and only three Democrats came along with them.
Speaker 3: But Dave continues.
Speaker 1: Spout lives and our lives and interviews, but don't take information pages that we pay for or to have ads for your again lies.
Speaker 3: I thought you may have an interest in this.
Speaker 1: Hope it pisss off you and other listeners, and then let me see USDA dot gov. I've seen these already on some websites. Yeah, it's like on the top, and we talked about it before. It's like if your cable network is fighting with one of the channels, they're like, due to radical CNN policies, we cannot show you the cable deck. I personally, here's my personal take on this. I think all government facing websites, social media accounts, accounts for forestry, and every division of government you can possibly think of, all of all of it. I think those should be incredibly non biased, nonpartisan. They shouldn't be making jokes, they shouldn't be posting memes, they shouldn't be engaging in political bantern.
Speaker 4: Trash collectors, shouldn't have some sort of the radical leftists shut us down.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think any of that should have. And by the way this goes back, there's other people. There's other people that have done this stuff and like politicizing. Other administrations have utilized the accounts.
Speaker 3: Not as bad as this at all, but like this.
Speaker 1: And making memes and jokes. I think all those accounts. I know this sounds like I'm a fun sucker, but I think all like the government websites and social media accounts should be serious, not joking, no meaning, no politics.
Speaker 3: That's what I think it should be, Like very serious stuff over there. But what do you say, does.
Speaker 4: That include like your sheriff's department Facebook page that just getting a little joky in their report.
Speaker 2: I like the tongue in cheek stuff as long as it doesn't interfere in people's personal lives or perhaps their careers. No, you've seen some fun stuff with the forest or the national parks.
Speaker 5: I'm having a hard time thinking of that exact example.
Speaker 3: I have been on any of their Facebook pages.
Speaker 5: There's not a lot of people on there.
Speaker 2: But if they're like, Okay, look we've got Smokey the Bear in a bikini. Hell, I mean, that's okay for me in my personal opinion.
Speaker 1: They're doing fun stuff, just like our local airport posts memes.
Speaker 3: And does fun stuff, and that's fighting each other. Yeah, everybody wants to be Wendy's all of a sudden on social media.
Speaker 1: Give the federal government. I don't want doing it. I don't want the Feds doing it. I want the federal government to be as tiny as the head of a pin, and I don't want them doing any of these kind of stupid things.
Speaker 5: Rad Sean don't want us to continue.
Speaker 3: It's all dopey I think personally here. But we'll see what you think.
Speaker 1: Set us a dispatch over at thenewschunki dot com. Excuse me, you need another no spray during the break.
Speaker 3: I'll handle it.
Speaker 1: I gotta get some flowns going. But in the meantime, we got to talk about this this country controversy. I know a lot of people are emailing about this. We'll see that and we'll see it through and see what's going on there. Plus, uh, something that's happening in particular with the state of Florida that.
Speaker 3: I think is actually a great idea. I think this is a great idea. We should keep doing it everywhere moving forward. But some people think it's bad, we'll talk about it. We'll see what side you're on, because that is coming up next in the news Junkie funny.
Speaker 1: Probably offensive to some people, but you'll have fun. Go check it out the news junkie dot Com slash roast for everybody who wants to see the details. That's over there at the news Junkie dot Com slash roast. All right, I think this is an absolutely genius idea. I think this should happen in your county, all right. I think this should happen in every county across the United States of America. I have two things that are like pretty paramount to how I view a lot of simple stuff in the country. One is, I believe it's an absolute fact. And I say this with all the certitude in the world.
Speaker 12: That.
Speaker 1: I think this is the case for all states and cities. We give them enough money, they take enough from your paycheck, They take enough money from you.
Speaker 3: They take money from everybody. They if you make a paycheck, if you buy somebody at the grocery store, everybody in this country, even the folks in the country illegally, they still participate in the economy.
Speaker 1: They still pay sales taxes. They still get hit with the taxes. The counties, the cities, the states. They take on enough of your money. They ought to give you half of it back, and then some right talking, let's go right. So I think this is always a thing where they're like, the schools are bad, we need more of your money. The roads are bad, we need more of your money. This is a lie. It's one of the biggest lies in modern politics, that they need more money.
Speaker 3: They have plenty of money. They could get everything done.
Speaker 1: We could have all the things we want more with the amount of money, if they weren't so waste that they have.
Speaker 3: Now, that's number one. Number two is when I see.
Speaker 1: These counties trying to raise these sales prices, it has always made me furious that they can do things like raising your local taxes, raising your property taxes in particular, and then they don't have to say anything about it publicly, or they don't have to reveal what they're spending. All this stuff on to any sort of organization until now.
Speaker 3: And I think this.
Speaker 1: Is such a great idea, and I think we should keep doing this. And it shouts out to the Governor of Florida if he's the one who's pushing this through, because it's the CFO of Florida that is doing this, and every single county in the state of Florida that decides to raise property taxes on you, they now get an audit. They get an audit of their spending, and the CFO goes into the county and goes, what are you spending money on? For instance, some county just said, we're hiking up your property taxes. What does that mean? That means if you own a house, they will make you pay money, even if you own it outright on your house forever in a day, they will make you constantly pay money. And if your house was purchased for one hundred thousand dollars, let's say in nineteen eighty, now they'll say, well, it's now worth so much more than that much money. You got it for one hundred thousand dollars in nineteen eighty and twenty twenty five. Forty years later, forty five years later, that house is now assessed at half a million dollars, So your tax is going to go up on that. And you'll say, well, hang on, I am not selling this property. I have no intention of selling this property. This is what's called unrealized gains that you're trying to take from me, something that you're assessing I have more money here, but I have no intention in selling the thing.
Speaker 4: So why am I pay trying to do your stocks and your crypto's stacy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so unrealized gains is a point where whenever they go into this area where it's like, we're going to tax you on things that you didn't actually make money from. Yet your property is worth more, so therefore you pay more taxes even though you didn't sell it. When you sell the house, now, I think that property should go up to the new value that it sold for and be taxed at that property. That's the fair way to do this, and that's the way this works. But in Sanford, in a seminole county, they decided to raise property taxes on everybody.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 1: They found out that the county had spent the previous year forty eight point four million dollars in Seminole County. It went to the next year from forty eight point four million dollars to seventy seven million dollar dollars.
Speaker 3: They went out all right.
Speaker 1: Since twoenty nineteen, the Semino County General fund budget has increased forty six percent forty six percent. They have a forty six percent increase in their budget in just five years. The more money that they pull in, they charge you more and more and more and more and more and more and more more, and then just spend more and more and more and more and more. And when they spend all that money, they go, what, we need more money to pay for all these expenditures.
Speaker 3: I love this. Ifing loved the idea.
Speaker 1: That you would have somebody, and I think it should be a non partisan position. The CFO of every single state. If any county wants to trigger an increase in your property taxes, they ought to have somebody go in there with a fine tooth comb and be like, what are you guys spending money on?
Speaker 3: Oh, did you do a public event?
Speaker 1: Where everybody had to get matching nikes and the taxpayers picked up the dollars on that one. Oh did you do an ad campaign that you thought was a fun viral thing, but it cost everybody fifteen million dollars. They are wasting so much of your money, they literally are. And if they want more of your tax dollars more for you homeowners, they want you to pay more in there, and damn thing you could do about it. The least we could ask for is that they go over all their expenditures and look very closely to see what wasteful stuff is going on.
Speaker 5: Surprise, that's good public information.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: It is to its media it is. But what they'll do, Sabrina, is they'll go here you go. Sometimes they hide some of it. Sometimes they release so many big, voluminous spreadsheets that are labeled in ways that doesn't make sense to the average person. If you're trying to like see if there's is wasted in the government locally, they make it hard for you to figure all this stuff out. But the financial people they know what's going on. And you should make every county scared to raise taxes on people. I want the county so scared to raise your taxes that they think, well, we probably shouldn't do this. We're gonna look at every dime that we're spending. I want them to only try to increase your taxes on you. In the case that they say this is an emergency, We're okay with them looking at the books. It's that bad and I think that is a fantastic idea. Let us know what you think.
Speaker 3: Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 4: Are there any counties backing off from their tax hikes now that this I know?
Speaker 1: I know they investigated Orange County, which was spending insane amounts of money.
Speaker 5: There was a yoga retreat or something.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of stuff that has popped up in the headlines, but usually it's just like the weird stuff that's sexier for a news story.
Speaker 3: I'm worried about all of it.
Speaker 1: Like what subscriptions do they apply to I remember that at one point the federal government was subscribing to Politico pro to the two Day Remember that tens of millions or more dollars a year, and in some cases that was necessary, but they were buying way too many subscriptions for this stuff. There's just excessive waste everywhere. The money should be streamlined and just go to the places where it really needs to go.
Speaker 3: We have way way too.
Speaker 1: Big a government in these places, and I want the microscope on all the finances because they want to take our monies one dispatch, real quick, let's see what we got here.
Speaker 3: Here is mo Manji, the real tur talking about spending in the CFO and all that stuff, doing well. I guess I hope he gets doing well. Son.
Speaker 13: You're right about the CFO, like investigating everybody or auditing everybody if they're misspending.
Speaker 3: Now, let's say if that same CFO were.
Speaker 13: To investigate the governor for spending ten million dollars to send some illegal immigrants somewhere. That sounds like a lot of money for two planes, right, so they should investigate him too, right.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, he's doing that. That's the on our originally. Yes, there should be.
Speaker 1: That's why I think the value of DOJ on a federal level is good and should go to states. There should be people watching every dollar that the state spends, that your county and city spends, and that the Fed spend. Yes, yes, across the board, absolutely full send. Yes, I agree with that. I don't know if you think you're I'm gonna be like, no, don't do it to the santis. I want to stand behind a microphone and talk to the average person. The average person cares about crap like this because it's their money, and the average person doesn't care who's targeted. Just take less of my money. You take too much already. In fact, I want a whole bunch back. Please quick break, We'll see what you think. Send a dispatch over to thenewsjunkie dot com. Still got to get to the Zach Brian Country drama and see what's happening there. We got an hoa situation that's peeking into the show. But first when we come back, Amazon has done the unthinkable and people are rightfully so, I think melting down over this. What did Amazon do? Wait until you hear these details. They're coming up next in the news junk Ye. To get people really pissed off and motivated, you have to do something like this because Amazon just got burned to the ground.
Speaker 3: I guess they.
Speaker 1: Took every single Bond movie cover and I guess removed digitally the guns from James Bond's hand. Okay, and it lasted about fifteen seconds before. People got really upset about this and then decided to start you know, calling or whatever, messaging or tweeting xing at Amazon to say this is stupid. Why'd you take all the guns off of the James Bond covers? And we'll find out what they said about this. But they've already caved on this.
Speaker 3: They had all of the covers from Tomorrow Never Dies to you know, Skyfall, all of them. They removed all the guns that were on these covers.
Speaker 4: The censorship is out of control. Soon they're just going to call it octa. That's right, bleep that out it up now.
Speaker 1: Soon you know what they're gonna Soon they're going to re release GoldenEye and all you can do is non violent interventions.
Speaker 3: There will be oh, come on, there is there's gonna be no guns at all.
Speaker 14: Do that?
Speaker 2: I mean, I see now that you've shown it. It reminds me a lot of I don't know. Netflix was doing it at one point where it's showing the most popular actor despite being in the movie for like five minutes, They'll showed on the thumbnail.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, all these are esthetically pleasing. If I guess you were picking them on a plane entertainment system.
Speaker 5: But why is the question.
Speaker 1: I think they probably wanted a variety of covers, and maybe my guests would be we'll read from variety what Amazon actually said before they back down from this James Bond gun removal thing. We'll read their response in a moment. But my gut tells me maybe they would go, oh, if it's like a child, or if you know, we don't know how old the person is, maybe we will take the guns off of the covers and.
Speaker 3: We won't show those, so we'll redo this. Here's what I think should happen.
Speaker 1: I think mostly people are mad about all the wrong things, and I want to try to steer you into the right direction. Here's what I think should happen in this world. Sean fixes the World, Part five million. Okay, I think that instead of doing what they just did in California, which was they made it basically illegal for the streaming networks to have commercials or like you.
Speaker 3: Know, the Netflix.
Speaker 1: That's louder than the television, right, so you have to have all of your content in the state of California.
Speaker 3: They just did this.
Speaker 4: See only se if you can pull this, so all their other problems are solved. They're all the homeless in San Francisco done gone.
Speaker 3: All these all the all.
Speaker 7: The all the Drugs's just way easier and honestly a lot easier to fall asleep with the television Nutcket startled every time the intro comes on for Shit's Creek.
Speaker 4: All the houses are fireproof now or there was like commercials that were louder than the streaming content, and.
Speaker 3: People were out by that.
Speaker 1: And in California, I think the governors see and again, see if you can bring up the story California governor streaming rule sound sound something?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe he just signed this and it made it so the streamers have to have equal volumes on anything. All of that out the window.
Speaker 1: Here's what I want, and I want this now, and I think everybody should have this. There is to be one poster for every movie, television show, or anything else.
Speaker 3: Okay one only why.
Speaker 1: Your official poster is to be the only one. I don't want this crap anymore. Where I didn't click the cover And then you're like, well, he watches a lot of movies with dogs in him, so let's pretend like Saving Private Ryan is actually about a man and his dog You've watched a lot of movies with like this type of actor or actress, So let's put them in there. You just like, like Sabrina said, sometimes it'll be like a person who's.
Speaker 8: Barely in the movie at all, and body's bodies. Yeah, Pete Davidson, they'll put them on the cover. Right, All of this stuff is dopey. They need to shut it down. One approved poster for the TV show or the movie. That's how I I want it to work.
Speaker 1: Right now, it's misleading, it's ridiculous and it's bad.
Speaker 3: We need one poster that shows it's the one used in the theaters.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows it by this. That's the way this should be handled. I wish the government didn't have to be involved, but maybe they do. Did you see what happened with the sounds in California Sea Land?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah he did.
Speaker 4: Was state bill where to go five seventy six, No more loud commercials.
Speaker 2: I mean that makes sense. There were some programming that I saw that the commercials were. I mean, it wasn't even funny at that point. It was ridiculous how much louder they were. It was like a Lifetime Christmas movie. We all watched last year as a group, and as soon as the commercials were on, it was cover your ears, someone get the remote and try to put it down as quickly as possible.
Speaker 1: But why wouldn't that just work itself out? I feel like less people would just watch. Less people would watch because the commercials are loud and that's annoying.
Speaker 5: So really corny movie.
Speaker 1: So it's not trickery like it is when you put these damn fake ass covers up there that they make on their own.
Speaker 4: It says, thanks to a new California law, you won't have to scramble to turn down the volume when a commercial comes on the streaming platforms. The state law, which goes into effect July twenty twenty six, regulates the volume of ads on streaming services like Netflix School with Amazon Prime, so the commercials are not louder than the program you're watching.
Speaker 3: This law already exists.
Speaker 4: Limiting on a federal level the volume of commercials on broadcast and cable. My question is what authority do they have to do that.
Speaker 1: I guess if they're doing business in the state of California, and maybe a lot of the streamers, a lot of them are, Yeah, then They're like, you're within our purview and we're going to go after you, and you can't have like louder.
Speaker 2: Commercials to the Red State comes out. It's like, you guys can have it as loud as you want if you.
Speaker 3: Do it here. I don't know, make some people's ears bleed.
Speaker 1: They're just stretching it out from the broadcast thing, I guess now to these streamers as if that was still a problem. I personally I hate the misleading covers.
Speaker 3: I hate that.
Speaker 1: But they took the guns off for a second from the James Bond movies on Amazon Prime and then Variety says Amazon Prime Video removed guns from James Bond posters, then stealthily took artwork down after online backlash.
Speaker 3: It didn't take long the whole of this whole thing.
Speaker 1: Amazon Prime Video has quietly taken down James Bond artwork after getting backlash online who spotted from fans who spotted the double O seven guns.
Speaker 3: Had been airbrushed out.
Speaker 1: Last week, artwork for the franchise was posted on the Prime Video UK website.
Speaker 3: This is for the UK folks who cares about that.
Speaker 1: Across each film image where a gun had been displayed Bond had effectively been digitally disarmed.
Speaker 5: I like that. Oh, we should care about them. They put a staff to it and cried out.
Speaker 1: In several cases such as Doctor No and GoldenEye, the iconic gun that James Bond has, though the PPK had been edited out of his hands, while others had it cropped out. In the case of You to Kill, Roger Moore's arms looked like they had been lengthened his gun from the frame, so they like just aied or something is you know.
Speaker 3: His arms to be longer, and got the gun out of there.
Speaker 1: That'll fix it, That'll get rid of it. It didn't go unnoticed. People said, we cannot stand for this, and it's not the first time this happened. They did this in some Spielberg movies. Well Spielberg did it himself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think he said, and I went searching for this before you sent me looking for the other thing. I think he did say he regretted doing that. Really, I don't remember, you know, I gotta find it, but yeah, he he edited. His problem was that the guns were either pointed towards children or just around children in the movie, and he was uncomfortable with that. So he digitally and like this is early digital, so that it's kind of clunky.
Speaker 3: He changed the guns into larger than life walkie talking had to be.
Speaker 1: Big because they had to cover the full gun.
Speaker 2: I had a problem with it being a trait that guns were pointing out children, but I had no problem making them think that they were the reason et was dying.
Speaker 12: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: Massive walkie talkies just holding these like boombox size, and they swapped those out.
Speaker 2: But the guys, we have got the alien coming through right now, over and out.
Speaker 3: This is what laptop to my ear. This is what gets people's attention out there, I guess.
Speaker 1: And this and the story that I've seen everywhere is, oh my god, country music is going to have an absolute war, a civil war in country music.
Speaker 3: Because Zach Bryan.
Speaker 1: Has some new song called bad News, and in it he refers to Ice and he says, I heard the cops came. These are the lyrics from Zach Bryan's Bad News song. I heard the cops came, cocky mfrs, ain't they which I want to stop there real quickly because I know they're saying, like this is some maga crack.
Speaker 3: Up in the world of country music. It is far from a new thing that country.
Speaker 1: Music stars might say they don't like law enforcement, all.
Speaker 3: Right, how dare you? The old outlaw.
Speaker 1: Country at the very least was very much like the cops are bad and we're outlaws for God's sake, So that is not completely new to the country music world. But he said, I heard the cops came cocky, m efforts, ain't theay, and ice is gonna come bust down your door.
Speaker 3: Try to build a house. No one builds no more. But I've got a telephone. The kids are all scared and all alone.
Speaker 1: These are the lyrics to Zach Brian's song bad News. And when this came out, they were like, oh my god, there's a backlash and it's going to be like Dixie Chicks all over again. And somebody said, well two point zero is gonna be so much worse than the first woke And I'm like, this really doesn't seem like that big of a deal. I thought this guy had other issues.
Speaker 2: I think you're thinking of what are you talking about with the one from not Bro Bible, Come.
Speaker 3: On sports, I'm thinking of Zach Bryant. Yeah, yeah, he was, Oh, that's the same one.
Speaker 2: And he just was shown at some country fest getting climbing a gate to fight his old manager.
Speaker 1: Really well, I thought so. I thought he had other problems. But I mean, I guess this has been like the issue that people have focused on. This is the fading of the red, white and blue. This is his post? Is this the actual song?
Speaker 3: Hang on? I want to hit this. Let me see Dinwick. Come dinner in jail.
Speaker 12: Some that tamble has been giving a sale.
Speaker 3: I got some bed and we'll commission you. You can't get past the words cops came. Okay, I got to South there friends.
Speaker 15: Who wrote the generation, they're all I got the generational story of dropping the plot.
Speaker 3: I heard the cops stop right there, We'll stop right there. So that's where he talked about the cops.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then he got into ice showing up at this house or something. You know what it kind of sounds like to me, and I know I've only just heard a couple of seconds of it here. It kind of reminds me of the Richmond and Richmond Yes, yeah, yeah, the Richmond north of Richmond. It's kind of seems like one of those type songs or something, which.
Speaker 4: I also had multiple curse words that you just say. You said they're not gonna get me twice. He's not gonna get me with that bull ass.
Speaker 1: Buzz on YouTube says country music has gone well, get the bud Light boycotted already.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's the case. I mean, maybe it is country music fans. Let me know.
Speaker 1: I know he turned the comments off on that particular coast. Yeah, comments are off on that, or the comments off on He's got the comments off on everything right now.
Speaker 3: Except for this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got one where he's showing a lie over and he says thank you big blue f m all a veteran to veteran thank you?
Speaker 3: Is that? Is he a veteran too? This guy? I mean.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean the people people in the comments section do tend to be wrong from time to time, but I think he may be a vet and like has played into sort of the edgy country world for a while. Forgive me, I don't know too much about Zach Bryan. I haven't been like following his career very closely.
Speaker 3: But it didn't seem that bad to me. And somebody said he.
Speaker 1: Made a statement about this, and uh, he was saying like this was about bringing people together. It wasn't meant to split people apart, he said. He referenced ice raids that left families traumatized, including a recent event in Illinois where children were zip tied. Bob, this, this story has been so misreported, the one about this apartment building in Chicago where the kids were zip tide of kids And there was an apartment building known for gang violence and activity in Chicago where they ended up arresting and I think they're deporting like four or five members of the trend.
Speaker 3: To Agua or Agua.
Speaker 1: Gang and the building had been a cesspool of criminal activity, and they brought everybody outside of the building and detained them and then went unit by unit and then got all the people that were criminals and got them out of there. And then instead of saying like they've liberated the building from the gangsters, instead of reporting anything like that, it's always like they held the kids outside in the middle of the night and their pajamas, and it's just it's so interesting to me how these things get reported, Like I would be glad happy to have gang members remove from my apartment building, but I don't get too far in the weeds on this necessarily, but Zach Bryan, his song Bad News was at the center of all of this stuff. Country fans, tell us what you think. The Trump administration and some of their officials have said that the track is disrespectful to the United States of America.
Speaker 3: But I want to see what you think if you're turning into all this.
Speaker 4: The multiple people have said this. Zach Brian is an actual person. We are not confusing him for Zach Brown. No, Zach Bryan, Zach bro and I did this too. Zach Brown has a song called Chicken Fry.
Speaker 3: I knew someone different, Zach, Zach Brian, and Zach Brown.
Speaker 4: Zachy Brown, Zach Brown song called Chicken Fry. Zach Brian has a girlfriend or ex girlfriend named Chicken Fry. It's very confusing, very very confusing.
Speaker 1: I don't know much about her, but names like Brianna Chicken Fry, and she worked for Barstool Sports. And then he apparently went to some some event with her family and they were having like a cookout and like around the fire, and he, according to her at least, was an egotistical madman and released the video.
Speaker 3: Believe it was all back and forth. Silencer, Yes, well you did that.
Speaker 1: Because people were like releasing songs making fun of him, and then he was doing takedown notices on the songs, which is pretty limb. But Zach Bryan born nineteen ninety six American country singer and songwriter. Let's see, you might know his album American Heartbreak or something in the Orange.
Speaker 3: I don't know any of these at all, but you might know this Orange. Cancel him. I can't deal with that.
Speaker 1: In twenty thirteen, Zach Bryan had listened to the US Navy, served as an aviatation ordnance man in Florida and Washington, served tours in Bahrain and Djibouti before receiving an honorable discharge to pursue his musical career, and then it says he was arrested.
Speaker 4: He was in a relationship with a good friend that served in Jibouti for like nine months. It was hot as hell.
Speaker 1: I bet he was in a relationship with Breonna LaPaglia and they announced their breakup on Instagram.
Speaker 3: She was blindsided by it.
Speaker 1: She said he blocked her and he emotionally abused her and offered her twelve million dollars.
Speaker 3: To sign an NDA.
Speaker 1: So there was like a lot of drama there, so I guess he's passed that drama and onto the Ice drama. And the country world is broken up about this or they're not. I want Country fans to chime in and tell me if all of that is completely and totally wrong. Send a dispatcher on email tips tips at thenewsjunkie dot com. All Right, quick break, when we come back, we'll hear from you. We still got this mother versus an hoa. We've got to talk about something happening in the world of MMA, and all of that is coming up next in the News Junkie. All Right, a couple of things to get into here, A story about a mom and a homeowners association, a bunch of other things to talk about. I guess Connor McGregor is in some trouble though.
Speaker 3: Oh my, this guy who.
Speaker 1: I don't know much about his career trajectory other than it seems to have gotten weird since he was an MMA fighter full time.
Speaker 3: That seems like since.
Speaker 1: His career was really blowing up as an MMA fighter, things have gotten weird. There were allegations of him and some woman in a bathroom at a sporting event that we're plaguing him for a while then he was talking about running for the leadership in Ireland because Ireland's going to hell in a handbasket, and then he wanted to do I think one of the I think he might have wanted to be in one of the fights at the White House. Remember the White House said they're gonna do the UFC fight thing. I think he wanted to be one of those people. But now he just got suspended for eighteen months from fighting in the UFC, an eighteen month period of ineligibility for a violet of the UFC anti doping policy. I guess he missed three attempted biological sample collections within a year, which you cannot do. And if you want to be like an active fighter in the UFC, you got to follow these schedules and make sure that you're taking these.
Speaker 3: P tests all the time. And they do these tests biological sample collection. Yeah, that's a fancy way to say this whole thing. But this was an issue with him, I guess.
Speaker 1: And they've said that he's now suspended for a year and a half from fighting in the UFC. I think he's I think he's kind of getting up there in age your career as a UFC fighter, from my perspective, doesn't seem to last very long.
Speaker 3: Remember you guys, remember when we started out the show.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a bigger name than Ronda Rousi in the UFC, sure if she.
Speaker 2: Was, yeah, And then she did a what small stint in the WWE, but that didn't last very long, didn't Well.
Speaker 1: There was like big public things where everybody would go watch her next fight, and then she'd kick somebody's ass in five seconds, and then she met her match a couple of times, and then she lost like a couple in a row, and it was like, I got to get out of here. I better get over to the acting things. She popped up in wrestling, she popped up in some movies and whatnot. Got the hell out of there. Your career ain't long in that sport. It just isn't it. So it's a tough thing. So maybe he's working his way through that whole thing too.
Speaker 4: They said he like accepted his sanction, his eighteen month sanction. Does that mean sort of like plead no contest, you know, no admission of guilt. He just missed the drug test. He didn't test a positive for anything.
Speaker 1: It seems like it I guess what they say is if you're missing the drug test, it looks suspicious.
Speaker 3: To them, like, yeah, why are you missing them? We just have a baby, I think so.
Speaker 1: I believe his wife stayed with him through that whole big drama as far as I know, But we could see if that's right. Real quick tips of the news junkie dot Com. This is Peter says Hi Junkies. I'm a tax attorney. I agree with Sean's take on property taxes. I do want to add one bit of context. Under the Save our Homes Amendment, assessed values of homestead property can only go up by the lesser of inflation or three percent, So you would not have a property's assessed value going up by hundreds of thousands of dollars year to year. No, not in years, but over a long span of time. That's why I gave an example of a house you purchased in nineteen eighty and then you don't want to sell the house. The house is not on the market, but your property taxes are being assessed at a higher value despite the fact that you'll want to sell it.
Speaker 3: It's like, why should I have to pay more?
Speaker 1: You should hit people with the increases when they initiate a sale, whether it be on.
Speaker 3: Stocks or bonds.
Speaker 1: Crypto, or your property taxes or anything like that. But yeah, otherwise I think we're in agreement.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: Somebody sends in a video of them being waterboarded as well.
Speaker 3: I've seen this before.
Speaker 1: It seems rough they're comparing that to something we were talking about earlier on the show. Let's get to one dispatch real quick.
Speaker 3: Here is.
Speaker 1: A little irish asking questions about just dispatching in general.
Speaker 3: All right, we're all yours.
Speaker 9: Here we go, Hey, news junkies, just wondering. I'm a podcast listener and I send dispatches here and there and they don't.
Speaker 5: Ever get played. And that's fine. You've played a few and.
Speaker 9: They weren't my best, and then the good ones, I'm like, that's gonna be good, and then it doesn't get played.
Speaker 5: But I sent them at weird times.
Speaker 9: I think also you might just not like me and not fine too, But let me stop.
Speaker 3: I want to stop.
Speaker 1: I want to If I don't play your dispatch, it doesn't mean that I don't like you, all right, I do not mean any offense spy with most of you. The only thing that is meant as an offense from me is when I give you the frownie face on the dispatch side and all your your dispatches from there come in as like black And it's very rare that you get a second chance without like some sort of email over on you know, the website for the ban on banned requests.
Speaker 3: Other than that, you're probably gonna get bann but you're not banned at all. I probably didn't know. No. People who have it don't know. No, Yeah, you don't know.
Speaker 1: It's usually because I think you're dumb or I think you don't have interesting thoughts.
Speaker 3: It's not if you agree with me or disagree with me, believe it or not. You can believe me on that or not. But I've been pretty honest about everything on this show.
Speaker 1: Always. It's not about whether you agree with me or not. It's whether it sounds good. That's number one. And they're pushing through an update on this in the next week or two to improve the web recorded dispatches. So whether it sounds good, it's whether it's on topic, whether it's interesting, those kind of things a little irish no offense mess.
Speaker 9: If I send them in like the middle of the night, or on a weekend and odd time, like do you open your computer in the morning, and like some get pushed to the front because they're sent at the time of the taping. I don't know, I don't know how it works.
Speaker 3: That's all right, fair enough.
Speaker 1: The ones that get played the most are dispatches that are sent in during the show as the show's going on. Those are the ones that are gonna have the most potential.
Speaker 2: But the least play are those that complain for thirty seconds.
Speaker 1: Well there's somebody, like, there's people who sent them in like at midnight, you know, three o'clock in the morning, and they'll yeah, they might be drunk as hell. That's fine, that's fine. If it catches my attention, I'll play it for sure. And you can always email too, Tips at the news Junkie dot com. Tips at the neews junkie dot com. If you want to be anonymous, please put that on top of the email. When we come back the next episode with Sabrina, what's coming up on the next step episode?
Speaker 2: What's coming on the next episodepiode? Young Blood is going on a North American tour, But if you want tickets, get behind the ridiculously long digital line brev. Usually when tabloids clickbait with this actor is unrecognizable, they're pretty recognizable. But this unrecognizable actor might have actually taken the cake. Plus, according to Sister Dolly, Sister of Dolly, she's not okay.
Speaker 5: Update she might actually be okay.
Speaker 3: I'll had so much more coming up.
Speaker 14: On the next episode, and that is coming up next on the News Junkie.
Speaker 3: You can join us at any time. All you have to do is send an email to.
Speaker 1: Tips Tips Tips at the Newsjunkie dot com, thenews Junkie dot com, Tips at the News Junkie dot com. If you want to be anonymous, put that right up on top. As we get into this, let's do the next step episode.
Speaker 3: Because there's a lot on TV. You can't possibly keep up with all of it, even though you should, because what else are you going to talk about? The goddamn shrimp, I have a huge slut. Wether's nice. It's time for the next episode with.
Speaker 12: Simple Girl, Hey, small Weed, hold up.
Speaker 2: The next episode brought to you by that Mortgage Guy Don, That Mortgage Guy Don dot com and of course the Home Loans Radio Show. If it's coming to those big life decisions like buying your first dream home, perhaps refinancing the home you already own, trying to cash out and use that money for good like giant skeletons for Halloween or a baby named Doula. Then you have to work with that mortgage guy Don. He has your back. He's looking out for you. He's explaining the real mortgage process instead of confusing you and calling you by number two three, four, seven eight. Go to that mortgage guy Don dot com to start the process today todaydays the voc.
Speaker 3: Martgage guy dot com.
Speaker 2: A Mirr twenty years ago, two thousand and five, the lead singer of this group.
Speaker 5: I'll take the name or the band name.
Speaker 3: Oh, poor George. Poor George was right, and it was on club. Two points for Sean.
Speaker 2: Now I will throw in two additional points if you could tell me what happened with boy George on this day twenty years ago.
Speaker 3: Uh, tap tappy under the stall.
Speaker 5: That is incorrect.
Speaker 1: No, he like held somebody hostage or something, a prostitute or something.
Speaker 2: So close, because that did happen, but it wasn't on this particular day.
Speaker 5: On this day in two thousand and five, he was.
Speaker 2: Arrested for having not one, but thirteen bags of cocaine in his apartment. He actually called nine one one to report a burglary because the male prostitute he hired for the night tried to rob him. Not to be confused with the male prostitute that he had handcuffed to his bed.
Speaker 5: That was another the boy George's I.
Speaker 1: Had to shame Courtney over that exact song this past weekend because she was in the kitchen and she's like.
Speaker 3: Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, Comeleiu. And I'm like, what do you think that song sang? And she's like, come on, chamelion, and.
Speaker 1: I'm like, explain that to me, not that the actual thing makes any sense. She's like somebody's like calling a chameleon or something out of the woods. It's karma, chameleon, come on, come on. I mean, there's only so many ways to interpret come on, chameleon, and none of them.
Speaker 5: Come on, it's a sticky chameleon.
Speaker 2: And this is a sticky situation and very confusing, or like nine two what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: Dolly Parton sister.
Speaker 2: She took to social meds and called for the world to pray for Dolly said many of you know, I'm assuming that she has just a sweet accent and just like her sister.
Speaker 3: What freedom parton? Oh yeah, I'm looking at the one of the don't show this yet because it's a follow up, I think, so go ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, many of you know she hasn't been feeling her best lately. She did postpone her Las Vegas residency that was supposed to happen in December to September of next year, and sister continues, I have been led to ask all the world that loves her to be prayer warriors and pray with me, which a lot of people would assume, Oh my god, is something really going down with Dolly? And she did follow up with now I believe you can show it saying, Oopsie, Dicey didn't mean to scare anyone when asking for prayers.
Speaker 5: I want to clear something up.
Speaker 2: I didn't mean to scare anyone or make it sound so serious when I ask for prayers for Dolly.
Speaker 3: She's been a little under the weather.
Speaker 2: You realize the effect you have when you say the world needs to pray for Dolly right now.
Speaker 1: If I started the show tomorrow and said, Sabrina is not here here and we really need the power of prayer to pull through.
Speaker 6: Said.
Speaker 3: If you said power prayer, then I'm dead. Ye.
Speaker 1: People are gonna be like she is rip right now, Like this is what this message means.
Speaker 2: It was nothing more than a little sister asking for prayers for a big sister. Thank you all for lifting her up. Your love truly makes a difference. No more Twitter for you, freedom, No more Twitter for you. This is strange. I just sent it to you.
Speaker 5: I did not.
Speaker 2: If you could just show the image, I sent me a text.
Speaker 3: All right, give me one second.
Speaker 5: And unless you saw this story, you know what.
Speaker 3: Here's the weird thing.
Speaker 1: I saw this image on a story today, but I never looked at who the I don't know what.
Speaker 3: Select any idea.
Speaker 5: Who that is?
Speaker 3: I don't think I do.
Speaker 1: Just to give you an idea, it's somebody wearing the most ridiculous cowboy type jeans but they got.
Speaker 3: Fur on them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then it's kind of like a cheetah print long leaf shirt tight.
Speaker 5: I'm getting an Andy warhol.
Speaker 4: So, the one with the Stanley in his in his arms.
Speaker 1: That's the celebrity we're talking about. Yeah, this this person here, but I don't know what celebrity is.
Speaker 3: Maybe if I go in any I don't No, I don't recognize this.
Speaker 2: Actor truly is unrecognizable. Yeah, you want to give any sort of guests before.
Speaker 3: I deal is Zach Galifanakis.
Speaker 2: It is not that my friends is forty one year old Jonah Hill.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Yeah, wait, folks, he's got like long blonde hair. It's obviously a wig.
Speaker 2: Right, I am assuming, and I am also assuming this is for his next big role, as I do not know what.
Speaker 3: Andy Warhol maybe like could.
Speaker 5: Be literally Warhol vibe. For sure.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna send you the the article right now that has other pictures of him. He was alongside Kristen Wigg not in that picture showing off the slim down frame.
Speaker 3: Looks like he's wearing a Kristen wig.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his black belt is around his tiny waist. He is seventies inspired. Look, oh my god, page six. Do we need to give so many details? He carried various beverages and reviewed as scriptive between takes.
Speaker 1: This is like the first episode of the paper where the journalist is like the story starts and then it goes on and tells you about this, and then it tells you about all the colors, you could paint a car. And then if he keeps scrolling like.
Speaker 2: You're going to be the headline story on other news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this must be Andy Warhol or something. It really must be like him.
Speaker 5: I still don't see where what movie he is filming.
Speaker 4: It's called cut Off and Jonah Hill and Kristen Wig play rich twins.
Speaker 5: Oh so it's supposed to be interesting.
Speaker 3: I guess they're twins who get cut off. Cut off? Yeah cool?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I don't know if anyone can cut this line down.
Speaker 1: But by the way, I hate to I'm sorry to interrupt. I'll put that up on see it now. Since it's a visual, I'll put.
Speaker 3: It this Fellas.
Speaker 2: Rise and Popularity Rwayne. No, it's he's shirtless and he loves rocking row and he always.
Speaker 3: Oh he's Osborne. Guy, it's not old.
Speaker 5: It's you young blood is right.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty six North American Tour, and the demand just for the June tenth show at Radio City Music Hall in New York City was something. It has more than one hundred thousand people. We're in the ticket queue for the six thousand capacities.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, Radio City is not that huge of.
Speaker 5: A venue, Yeah, buddy, But for one hundred thousand people?
Speaker 3: Could you imagine?
Speaker 2: And that's the moment you log in your code because I've been there. It wasn't an hundred thousand with Beyonce's, but it was certainly a giant number where I'm like, how long am I going to be sitting in front of my computer?
Speaker 5: One hundred thousand people in this queue is wild.
Speaker 1: I went to check on tickets for something the other day and then it told me you're number fourteen in Q and I xd out.
Speaker 3: I was serious. I didn't understand if that was high or low.
Speaker 5: That that means fourteen people in front of you?
Speaker 3: What are you talking about it?
Speaker 1: I just pictured it like a line at a counter, and then I was going to be in that line for like the.
Speaker 5: Matter of seven or eleven at the counter.
Speaker 3: That's how I pictured it.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, fourteen, Like when you go to Disney and if there's fourteen people in front of you, you're staying in that line, are you not?
Speaker 1: I it depends on how much I want whatever, you know, whatever it is.
Speaker 4: If you're if you're a good line for a roller coaster and there's fourteen people in front of you.
Speaker 3: Probably on the next coaster. Yeah, that's great. But I'm saying if this is like if it's a Taco Bell drive through and there's fourteen cars in front of me.
Speaker 2: But this concert tickets that's orange and Apple's parison, what concert was it?
Speaker 3: Because you're not answered, well, I mean, it doesn't really matter. It does matter it was. You don't what to say, No, it does.
Speaker 1: I was just looking at random concerts that were at the Kia Center, since we had a good time the other night.
Speaker 2: I don't want to go to Billie eilishh.
Speaker 3: No, that sold out very fast. I would go watch Billie Eilish. I'll tell you, like you may or may not believe this about me.
Speaker 5: But there's around answering the question.
Speaker 1: Most it wasn't that most concerts I was looking at. I was looking at a bunch of them, so I don't remember which one it was exactly.
Speaker 3: I might have been.
Speaker 1: I might have been looking at the one which I probably wouldn't go to because I don't really think he's funny, the machine comedian that, but I might have been looking at his just to see how I sold the arena was at the moment when I said it was like fourteenth in line. But I would go to see almost anything as long as a person had like some songs that I was familiar.
Speaker 5: With, would go same and I would love to go to Yeah, I'd see it. I'm still going to try to.
Speaker 2: Go on the boob tube and there's no fourteen people or one hundred thousand people in front of you. It's just you and the tube. But we've got Survivor on CBS ninety nine, A Beat on Fox, The Golden Bachelor, and ABC Shark Tank on ABC watch What Happens Live as Julia Roberts sean, you can be watching. No, I think that we've gone all year without making that joke. Thank God, now she's back. Baby Chicago Mad, Chicago Fire, Chicago PD. So you think you can Chicago all on television tonight and you can catch Tim Allen on Kimmel. Follow your dreams of you on Instagram at Sabrina and Bro. Most importantly, stay with me America.
Speaker 3: Smoke weed every day. Thank you, Sabrina.
Speaker 1: One more thing in the world of entertainment, did you guys see where this woman stumbled upon Danny Glover at the airport? Did you see this where she's she's he's he was on his phone with a family member, and she's like, oh my god, it's Danny Glover. Danny, and Danny Glover's like, oh, please, should be quiet, please you You're gonna spoil this from me. Hang on, I gotta bring the audio up so people can hear this a little bit better. But it's Danny Glover at the airport in one of those crappy seats like everybody else. And she notices him and she's like, sleite the weapon guy.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Oh man, I'm talking to.
Speaker 6: My I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Is that your person laughing that he's face with?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, Well, maybe them too, I don't know. He says, I'm talking to my love on the phone right now, and she's like, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. She just got all excited that Danny Glover was there.
Speaker 6: I'm talking to I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: I leave him alone. He's in public. You don't start filming him. Other people will see that he's famous.
Speaker 2: So they had to show that picture of him from nineteen eighty in order for people to put the two together.
Speaker 5: I think it's rather exciting for him.
Speaker 3: Has Glover not been in some stuff since then? He must we didn't. Oh money, it's Danny Glover.
Speaker 5: Saying it again.
Speaker 3: Oh, I didn't realize. I just said that. I thought you had that in the archives. That where Oh my god, it's Danny Glove Glove Uh public appearances. He must have been in something, right, I mean, Danny.
Speaker 1: Glover was is mega famous. But Danny Glover was in Lethal Weapon in the eighties IMDb for the new stuff. He must have some gigs or he's just got that sweet sweet money rolling.
Speaker 3: And he doesn't have to be in anything anymore. I don't know.
Speaker 2: He's sitting in short short Uh.
Speaker 1: This is not AOC commentary. This is his using a bunch of shorts recently. This is is I'm sure he wears pants every once in a while.
Speaker 3: He's in a bunch of like rubbish. Oh, he was in Jumanji the Next Level. I forgot. He was great? Is that with Danny DeVito? Him and Danny DeVito love it all right? Sorry, enough of that.
Speaker 1: When we come back, we'll talk about you. And there was an arrest, and I want to tell you the circumstances of this controversial arrest. I want you to tell me if you think this person deserves to serve time behind bars.
Speaker 3: I think this is going to surprise you. And the details of this are wild. They're coming up next on the news Junkie. We've never even done a fancy event before. That's why the roast that's coming up is crazy to me. We haven't done to fancy events. I think sometimes like.
Speaker 2: One or two fancy events, but we're never thrown one. It's been quite the opposite of fancy.
Speaker 1: No No, And we're filming this for a special and it's going to be the roast of me, the Roaster of Sean Watson, and uh.
Speaker 3: I'm excited about it. I think everybody's excited about it.
Speaker 1: But yesterday I was talking with Dylan and he confirmed that he'd be down to introduce somebody at the roast and do like a minute or.
Speaker 3: Two or something. And I was like, oh, I don't know how I feel about this.
Speaker 1: Of all the people with ammunition against me, my son Dylan would be I mean, he could really take me down all of the pegs if he wanted to.
Speaker 3: But I think that could be funny.
Speaker 4: And actually I would love his mother to introduce somebody.
Speaker 5: Now we're talking.
Speaker 3: Any other past.
Speaker 5: You to imagine, no, no, that would be singed.
Speaker 4: We're only we're only at a looting two minutes for these people, and you know that other one would would would never fit the bill.
Speaker 3: I would rather be shorter. I would rather be shorter if possible.
Speaker 1: But the timeline Dylan Dylan is going to be uh introducing somebody not sure who yet for Dylan stuff.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know. That opens up a can of worms, doesn't it. I don't want there your target boy? Is he gonna be there? Is he going to do it recorded? He'll be there? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he'll be there. He'll be there in person.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 3: I want to see how people feel about this? How how should that go? Should he be then available?
Speaker 1: If you're in person, that means like you can make a joke about somebody who's there. I mean I feel bad about taking shots of people who aren't there for sure, right like if you don't have any opportunity to get back at anybody, that seems But if he's gonna be there, that kind of opens things up. Mystic Ridges on Twitch says he's a big boy, he can take it. He's he's good, he knows what he's doing.
Speaker 3: He says of his mom, she would go over time, she would keep you yapping and yapping and yapping. I guess I don't know what you about her these days? All right, what do you think? Let us know what should the rules be for this?
Speaker 1: Set us a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 3: A couple of things.
Speaker 1: One, I want to talk about this drag queen that got arrested because I think this story is pretty interesting. Let me pull this up here because this came out around the last day or so, and there were two people that got caught up in this sting and one of them is like some prominent drag queen in Phoenix. And when I saw the story that people were passing around, I was like, well, what happened here?
Speaker 3: And the details are pretty interesting.
Speaker 1: So Phoenix Pride, I guess, you know, Like obviously an organization has removed a drag performer from their scheduled appearances at this year's Phoenix Pride Festival that are scheduled for about ten days from now. ABC fifteen, that's the ABC affiliate in Arizona, confirmed through court records that thirty five year old Michael Browder was arrested in September for two counts of sexual conduct with a minor after an investigation began in June of this year about a thirteen year old victim. All right, now here's where this is interesting to me. This thirteen year old was talking to investigators and in this forensic interview, the thirteen year old said, I posed as an eighteen year old on an online dating app. I don't know which one. It doesn't really mention in anything I'm looking at. But the thirteen year old's like, I was on a dating app and I pose as an eighteen year old and I put up all of my information.
Speaker 3: Okay, so just keep that in mind.
Speaker 1: Records say the thirteen year old victim told police he did not know the identity of the two men that he contacted, but Phoenix police were able to recover one of their online conversations from the thirteen year old's laptop that led police to this drag queen Browder, who court records say is recognized as a known Phoenix drag queen. On September sixteenth, Brouder was interviewed by Phoenix Police. Record said in that interview, Brouder allegedly admitted to meeting with and engaging in sex with the victim, who was thirteen, but said it was completely dark in the victim's apartment to the point that he was unable to ascertain the victim's age. So they said Browder did allegedly tell police that he was under impression of the impression that the victim was eighteen or nineteen years old. Now, the judges said, you're on a secured appearance bond, blah blah blah, and this person wasn't the only one involved in this.
Speaker 3: But the question that.
Speaker 1: I have here is if somebody's up on one of these these like dating or hookup websites and they have a whole profile somehow they've got around whatever the guardrails are for the app be it grinder or Tinder, I don't even know what's popular now whatever the ones people are on, and they're they're on there as a as an adult, as somebody over the age of eighteen, and then you go to meet them and it's it's like pitch black and they're like, just come on in, here we go, we're gonna we're gonna fool around now. Is there no responsibility on the end of the dating sites to be the one that.
Speaker 3: Like verify whether or not they'll be like what what? What the hell? I was on a dating site said this person was eighteen. I assumed that was legit.
Speaker 4: Or like, uh, let's let's take the meet up out of it, because let's take the meet up out of it, Like well, okay, let's just assume that now, and now it's distracted me. Let's just assume that they didn't hook up. They were just chatting and this drag performer sent a nude to this person who had to be verified to be on this app.
Speaker 2: And some of these apps like require you to take like a selfie at that moment and with your license.
Speaker 3: Or some I have that. Yeah, I mean, I will take your word for it.
Speaker 1: I don't know like what they do, but I know there are age restrictions.
Speaker 3: Obviously.
Speaker 2: There are some that don't care and they just sign up. Really the picture of I'm pretty.
Speaker 3: Sure, well you can't go on grinder and just put a picture and be like I'm this person. There's no there's going to be some verification, right, I would think.
Speaker 1: But to get to your point, set Lane, if somebody just said hey, here here I am, and they put a picture up where they look older and they say that they're eighteen or nineteen years old, they're of age, right, still young, but of age, and they start talking with somebody. The whole time they're kind of LARPing that they're an eighteen or nineteen year old, and you send that person a nude image, I would say that that person should should not get any charges, right because it seems reasonable that they would thought they were texting to an adult. Now being in person and being physical with them. The idea that you wouldn't know this person with thirteen.
Speaker 4: It seems it seems like it would be a little harder to argue. But if you meet somebody at a bar and they got in there under false pretenses, like a fake ID or something, you can still be in trouble for having sex with that person.
Speaker 1: It's difficult because the story says the person's thirteen, so like sometimes it's more obvious. And people had chatter saying, like we learned from MO previously that even if you're asked for ID and they produce a fake ID, you're still in trouble.
Speaker 3: Exactly like even if you ask a person.
Speaker 5: You need two forms of ID move Inclowork, you.
Speaker 4: Are about to have some sort of relations with to prove their age. Which I feel like sometimes if you think you should have to do that, maybe you're kind of in a weird spot. But you know, there are situations like that girl from the reality show.
Speaker 3: The girl who, like the.
Speaker 1: One with that weird disease where she looks like.
Speaker 4: A little kids like frozen at thirteen. Yeah, she's like twenty nine or something.
Speaker 3: Dudes are dating her and you're like, oh, but you're like, doesn't she deserve to live a normal life?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's strong boots boots, he says. My thirteen year old looks thirteen. There is no mistaking he's a minor. I think that's probably the case with most thirteen year old boys, Like, are there any thirteen year old boys that I'd be like one hundred percent?
Speaker 3: This kid looks like he's eighteen or nineteen years old. Some athletes, football players.
Speaker 1: I think once you get physical with the person, the level of expectations go through the roof the idea that you're like, it was dark.
Speaker 3: I didn't know. I just expected that this person was an adult. N start to question that.
Speaker 2: You do qustion it, but and gay men back me up that listen to the show.
Speaker 5: I know there's at least five of you.
Speaker 2: And when it comes to meetups with another gay man or perhaps uh, I don't know, gender non binary, they kind of get right to the point. I mean, I have a one of my best friends was like, yeah, I just hooked up with a guy and I texted him just an hour.
Speaker 5: Ago after we parted ways to say, what was your name? Again?
Speaker 2: I've heard of this because it was just knock knock you Like, they don't do the fling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. I get it's two guys all horned up. They go for this stuff, But is there a situation.
Speaker 1: Where they just like walk into a darkened house, into a darkened room, and that you're inviting this exact thing to happen, like you should know.
Speaker 3: Like I think I could tell with pretty.
Speaker 1: Solid confirmation that somebody was thirteen just based on a voice alone, Like I would go that person is not an adult, that person is not eighteen years old. If you just text and like you go to the house and you have sex with this thirteen year old and they don't even like, they don't even say anything, there's too many red flags like.
Speaker 5: Excusing your behavior.
Speaker 2: It's just especially because the thirteen year old admitted uh being on the app and saying he was eighteen as well.
Speaker 5: Yes, right, how do you know?
Speaker 3: So? Uh?
Speaker 1: Just to be clear, yes, the thirteen year old admitted I faked being eighteen the whole time and I lied.
Speaker 3: To these people, right.
Speaker 1: But the question is is that still an excuse because now that like this is a just drag queen showing up to this house grown ass person and the person you're getting in bed with is a thirteen year old, you.
Speaker 3: Should you should know that somehow. I mean, I I like, if.
Speaker 5: This was her leg off and count the rings, well.
Speaker 3: I think you should.
Speaker 1: If it's if it's so close, you should literally ask questions and inquire more about it. Like if there was a man who's how old is well, I don't care about hot when it's kids.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, that I wouldn't it.
Speaker 2: I don't think any of us would ever be in that situation. That's what I'm saying, Like, now, put yourself in the shoes of you. We're trying to get a hookup thinking this person is eighteen, and then you're like, I need two forms of ID and written a.
Speaker 5: Notarized letter verifying your age.
Speaker 4: So I'm told there isn't an age verification on Grinder and scruff, but it's on you if they're lying. And Sniffy's, which is a new one. That's a new one for me, Sniffies. It's name and I'm on sniffys dot com right now and it just asks, it.
Speaker 3: Asked, are you a real cruiser?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: All right, okay, what does that even mean?
Speaker 4: He said, it's a wall of d no verification. Just get on and get it on. Lots of guys wanted an anonymous experience. That seems dangerous.
Speaker 1: But I guess then it's on you, because like I wonder what he would think about this if there's we're talking about.
Speaker 3: A thirteen year old you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You got to have more questions before you just wander into the dark room and you're like, all right, here we go. Here's a whole No, okay, here goes nothing. And then afterwards you're like, wait, hold on, how old was that? You have to ask more questions of the people you're having sex with in person.
Speaker 3: You have to I think, what would you do this person? A lot of people on Sniffies the lead.
Speaker 5: Crap is that is that the US map that you're looking at?
Speaker 3: No, that's maitland.
Speaker 4: No that's just the county or some of them are in the office party.
Speaker 3: You got some sniffers around you right there. Yeah, damn lot of sniffies. I'd never heard of that until this moment. Sniffys with stiffies.
Speaker 1: Phoenix Pride, the event that that booted the drag Queen after being arrested for having sex with this minor, Phoenix Pride said that their persona would no longer be appearing at the festival, saying it's important emphasize this individual has not been convicted of a crime. Their removal is based solely on the information currently available to us and our responsibility to ensure a safe and affirming environment for our community. The crime alleged is one that we find reprehensible and entirely contrary to what Phoenix Pride stands for. So that's what they're saying in this case. The most interesting thing to me is like, a what level do we expect from people engaging in sex? And I would say it should be a pretty high level of expectation. I would say, even to the point of like checking IDs and like, you know, don't if you're a freaking adult, don't be engaging in sex with somebody that's even close. This is why in most states, if somebody's like nineteen or twenty, they can usually have a different age range that they're allowed to have sex with. So if it's like, oh, I'm nineteen or twenty and this person said they were eighteen, but they were actually they were seventeen and a half, and you don't want to get them on that technicality that they didn't know exactly how old they were. I mean, to me, that's a big difference.
Speaker 3: But if you're thirty five, you should know a thirteen year old there is not a not of age.
Speaker 2: Their capshua prove I'm not a robot? Is I have to move a butt plug into the.
Speaker 4: I did that one wrong. So then they switched mine to a pair of briefs. Okay, which for sniffys you know, makes sense. Uh huh and plug I see.
Speaker 1: Hold on, let's see what they say from ABC fifteen about this.
Speaker 3: Maybe we're missing some details. How does this trickery take place?
Speaker 16: Five year old man now facing charges after a September arrest, also pulled from a scheduled appearance at Phoenix Pride. He've been arrested for two counts of sexual conduct of the minor past two pelonies. Core records indicate Michael Browner met a thirteen year old who told police he posed his eighteen on an online dating application, records indicating they later met in person.
Speaker 3: It's important to remember that those age restrictions are there for a reason.
Speaker 16: Alena's Evolves Yeah, mental health provider and Valley nonprofit Not My Kids says it's vital for parents to be aware of what kids have access to online, but also keep open communication lines. Kids can come to parents before any problems escalate.
Speaker 3: Maybe asking questions out of curiosity. Not they wanted to say, I know you're talking.
Speaker 1: They wanted to stretch this out to this kind of like a RANDO group to talk about this. I wanted to know about the faking of the of age thing. I will tell you when I was in middle school, real quick, I went to a place called Creswood Middle School.
Speaker 3: Shouts out Creswood.
Speaker 1: And at Creswood Middle School, there was a girl in our class.
Speaker 3: Are you thirteen yet in middle school? Maybe in eighth grade? Or you twelve twelve? About it?
Speaker 4: I think I was thirteen when I was a freshman in high.
Speaker 3: School, so you're twelve thirteen?
Speaker 1: We all know that girls at twelve or thirteen usually look much more mature.
Speaker 3: And older than boys at twelve or thirteen.
Speaker 1: The girls are actually usually taller or sometimes taller at that age. But there was a girl who was like twelve or thirteen at my middle school, and at the end of the day, she'd go, Okay, I see you guys later, and she'd hop in a car with seniors from the local high school, and she looked I remember at the time, I was like, I look like a little kid, and she looks like an adult to me, like she looked like an eighteen year old girl. And I remember thinking that, but probably it was because I was pretty young myself in this moment. And if anybody is engaging in these kind of activities, the most important thing in the world is that we keep kids safe. Kids shouldn't be able.
Speaker 6: To do this.
Speaker 1: And you're like, well, you know otherwise the biggest loophole in the world is underage kids go on these apps, set up these accounts, and they go, I admit it. You can't do anything about this person having sex with me because I pretended.
Speaker 3: Like I was an adult the whole time. That seems like too big of a loophole. Let us know what you think.
Speaker 1: Send a dispatch over the news junkie dot com or tips gps at the news junkie dot com.
Speaker 5: We're so distracted.
Speaker 2: There's orgies, orgies, seventy person orgy happening on the expressway right.
Speaker 3: Now near the expressway. This must be a joke. It's a no joke. It's Saturday. We're in the middle of the wood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to be over forty and this is good for you guys fat chubby overweight?
Speaker 4: No, those are no nobody over forty nobody fat chubby overweight?
Speaker 5: Oh no, musty m full body nudes?
Speaker 3: Are you seriously as gathering is debaucherous? Men? Oh my god, this is what happen.
Speaker 4: There's another one with twenty six people that are signed up, he says. October eighteenth, Saturday, bear back only. Oh my god, filming will be allowed and encouraged to do all something with that and say so interesting.
Speaker 5: I think we are giving a white people's.
Speaker 4: Please be showered clean. If not, I will turn you away. Possibly, please be DDF. You know that means shown DTF.
Speaker 17: You have ddfdf is disease and degenerate free, drug free, drug free disease and drug free, be.
Speaker 3: An active participant in Bring Lube. No, yeah, well you gotta have all the bare necessities. I guess get out there is giving me the inside info.
Speaker 2: I'd I do appreciate that people get right to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's like, it's always at this spot and I never go.
Speaker 3: O quick break. When we come back, we'll hear from you.
Speaker 1: Will also get to this story about an h o A and a mom standing up to the h o A who's in the right.
Speaker 3: There some other ice stories.
Speaker 1: Including one that's getting a bunch of attention and I think is pretty darn interesting from Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: We'll give you the details on this. It's coming up next in the news.
Speaker 1: Junkie Sea Lane, did you jump ship or did you guys abandon.
Speaker 3: The ed Game series?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, we've been watching it.
Speaker 4: In fact, I just let's see, just did the episode where he started banging dead people.
Speaker 3: Oh that was congratulations. From the ending where the.
Speaker 4: Girl comes back and then you know they were going to you know, get at it, but he decided that she wasn't cold enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, it's really dark.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah see, and I told Sean this like before the show. I have been trying very hard to avoid doing something that I tend to do during uh documentaries, less documentaries, more dramatizations, things that are based on true stories. I want to know what they have gotten very accurate and what is the most statistic license see, but I don't want to spoil the story.
Speaker 3: So and I know, is there like eight episodes of this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's still more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see, I have a few.
Speaker 4: We're going to fall off of this at some point, like we got other stuff to watch.
Speaker 5: And I think the last episode's not really necessary.
Speaker 1: Here's the problem when you look at stuff like this, and I've talked about documentaries in this way.
Speaker 3: I think when you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna watch something like this, it's kind of important to do what Selan's doing.
Speaker 3: You have to go who is behind this? What is the goal?
Speaker 1: And in particularly with documentaries, there's always there's an agenda. There's like no documentary ever that didn't have an agenda all right, Like when Michael Moore went to do a documentary called Sicko about the American healthcare system, do you think there was some chance that he was going to come out on the other side and go, guys, I looked into it and actually it's not nearly as bad as I thought.
Speaker 4: Right, No, there's an agenda and so there's no reason for him to do that. But I just I think the stuff based on true stories. In my head, I have this fantasy that they'd nailed it right on the head, and they should they but for something like that, for like movies like you have, it's not your fault. But over the years you have had a hand in ruining one of my favorite movies.
Speaker 3: Well a movie I have ruined if you can, Oh, okay, yeah, because I thought, I thought, man.
Speaker 4: What a cool story that you know, that guy did all that cool stuff right, and that little by little people have like tried to follow his entire story and been like Frank Abagnail was full of elied, full of s.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I as far as monster because I immediately started to research and see what was, you know, factual and what was being dramatized.
Speaker 3: And from the record, you talk about the Eileen Waros movie, I believe right, No, no monsters.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, never mind, okay, you're talking. So you're talking about the ed genes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: And I got a hold of the crime scene photos and if there's anything that got exactly right. It was his house almost a t where things were placed in disarray. What they didn't show on the series was the skin chair he made, which was wild. It has multiple faces on it, all the faces on a chair, kind of like that seat.
Speaker 4: That little doll that got somebody arrested when they left it out by a gas station.
Speaker 5: Kind of but put that over a nice armchair.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Now that you mentioned this, Sabrina shouts out to all the people who work in this thankless world where you recreate stuff like that. Like somebody had to say, what is this murderous lunatic?
Speaker 3: What does this house look like? And they had to do the research and then they had to make it look exactly like it, and then people just watch and oftentimes don't even know how much amazing work when that.
Speaker 5: I love smell it from the TV screen.
Speaker 4: Just I mean even not horror stuff, just the practical effects. Like I follow the one of the effects art that works for a Saturday Night Live and he'll go behind the scenes on some of the crazy masks and and prosthetics that he three D prints and then molds and then does. It's very fascinating and the dude's super talented. Has been nominated for Emmys and stuff for the work, and I think it's a very interesting follow What did you think? I don't remember his name, that's how big a fan I am of him. I just forgot his name.
Speaker 1: What did you think about the female sexual organs that they had to make with the staff over at this End Game documentary?
Speaker 2: If they represented a lot of different types of all of us appreciate that.
Speaker 4: I think I only saw the drawer once. Does that come back into play?
Speaker 3: I think so? Maybe I don't remember this it was.
Speaker 1: It's a show that I'd like to keep out of my head in my house, if at all possible, I would like to keep it out of here.
Speaker 5: I'm going to play around two at your house.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you because Courney was just like, oh god, this guy really had a tough life.
Speaker 3: I said, Courtney.
Speaker 1: The entire last episode is talking about how this guy is essentially the Columbine of serial killers. She's like, yeah, yeah, like he he was the guy who influenced so many other people who did this. And I was like, this guy's bad. We shouldn't be shouldn't be running defense for him. She's like, oh no, he's terrible. I'm not running defense for him. Just you know, he had this problem in this oh man. This is there's a whole bunch of people who are going to take a.
Speaker 3: Second look at ed Geen after this Netflix series and.
Speaker 5: That who got him tattooed like that for something special?
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe he is a nice guy.
Speaker 1: This is what happened with the brothers after the after the the look hot too, they got a second look of people go, what, Okay, maybe maybe we shouldn't feel so bad about this, but maybe so all right, when we come back in jury duty, I'll do that ice story out of la that is going viral. There's an interview that went south that just was uh, just surface in the last twenty four hours where somebody left the interview stormed out in the middle.
Speaker 3: Love it. It's nice and awkward, So we'll play that as well.
Speaker 1: There's a story saying shame on President Trump he trashed his hotel room on a recent trip. I don't know if he's any truth to this, but I'll look into the rocks.
Speaker 3: Rocks is Trump living the vita loco? You'd like to blow up toilets with?
Speaker 19: Who?
Speaker 3: I think? Yeah? I believe it was them. Oh By the way.
Speaker 1: Before we take this break, because I don't want to hold people any longer on this. We have a full Dolly emergency going on.
Speaker 2: What I thought, just the sister said, I didn't want to scare anybody.
Speaker 1: Well, the Dolly Parton announcement came out that she was pausing her residency in Las Vegas. Then her sister came out and said, thoughts in prayers, baby, And then the sister was like, hang on, guys, Dolly Parton's not dying right now. Now Dolly Parton has revealed a proof of life videos. This is the leveling, full value emergency.
Speaker 18: Hey, Natalie brother, you came over here.
Speaker 3: I want to say something.
Speaker 18: One of today's October the eighth, and obviously I'm here, hold.
Speaker 3: Up the newspaper.
Speaker 2: Uh huh?
Speaker 1: How can we be sure that this is an AI dollar solobbery?
Speaker 18: Which is why I'm griss, kind of like old country western girl. But before it got started, I wanted to say, I know lately everybody thinks that I am.
Speaker 13: Sicker than I am.
Speaker 5: Do I look sick to you? I working hard?
Speaker 18: Not really anyway, I wanted to put everybody's mind at ease, those of you that seemed to be real concern, which I appreciate, and I prays. Because I'm a person of faith, I can always.
Speaker 3: Use the prayers.
Speaker 18: Are You're good thing and everything. But I want you to know that I'm okay. I've got some problems.
Speaker 3: As I mentioned back when my.
Speaker 18: Husband Carl was very sick.
Speaker 3: That was a long time. All right.
Speaker 1: Well, she says she's got some problems, but she's okay.
Speaker 3: The full Dolly emergency, thank god. But we're gonna be okay.
Speaker 5: Save her at all costs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think the world could handle this. I've yet to meet the person that was like, you know what, f Dolly, pardon hate that bitch couldn't stand.
Speaker 3: Give me some time. I'll find it dot com Yeah, that of the texting service. Just fire it up. This is somebody angry jury duty in just a moment. Here.
Speaker 1: All the stories that talked about that awkward interview, the ice situation in LA and so much more come up next than the news junkie.
Speaker 3: Ooh, love it, love it, love it. We have to experience this together, folks.
Speaker 1: This is why one reason why of many you should watch the ship over on YouTube dot com slash the news Junkie. Once you watch the show live. I think you never you never go back. You never go back to the other way, because it's an awesome experience.
Speaker 3: You got a lot of extra stuff.
Speaker 1: You hear stuff between breaks, but you get to see things, and you know, I put the stuff that's visual up on see it now.
Speaker 3: But guess what's back back again? The grappler's back. Tell a friend, that's right. Everybody. This time in.
Speaker 1: Douglas County, Colorado, the police put to use that grappler device where they like shoot it out like Batman at whoever they're going for and capture them. This is the latest deployment of this and it seems to be working well. Ninety an hour those they're going very fast down in interstate and this officer.
Speaker 3: He's skipping the started approach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's going around. He because he's got the grappler. He's going round.
Speaker 4: Yes, not everybody gets a grapple because they're kind of expensive.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: So they they hook the grapple up on one of the cars and they go get up there. Johnson, and you're Johnson's driving as fast as he can. He's getting up to this car. The cars on the side of the highway. It seems like it's kind of smashing into the side a little bit. I think you know what, you might be onto something here, Sabrina, believe it or not.
Speaker 3: You might have a like a like a theme song.
Speaker 1: It needs to have a sound effect so that when police officers deployed, it's like it's a grappler time.
Speaker 3: Some like noise happens. Go ahead, what's gonna be? What you go, it's grappling time?
Speaker 1: Anything like that would be like, oh that is you know, you know a TMZ video.
Speaker 4: Starting that sounded more like Netflix than TMZ.
Speaker 1: You need a version of that for the grappler so that when the cops are driving, it's like ready to deploy grappler and you know that it's been fired, and the people that are hit like it should have a want want warm you miss maybe So they're catching up to this car, it's holy.
Speaker 3: What was that?
Speaker 5: That was a grapplerf it was not?
Speaker 3: It? Right? Loud? All right? Here they are approaching the back bumper of the vehicle grappler deployment incoming guys trying to get back out of the way.
Speaker 1: The police officer hands up against the car bump.
Speaker 3: Some deployed grappler deployed.
Speaker 12: You are hooked, buddy.
Speaker 3: That might be good. Yeah, see that would be so much more.
Speaker 4: See that other sheriffs vehicle just like pushing against this this.
Speaker 2: Is he's already yeah, grappled, but ready, come on one more.
Speaker 6: I want.
Speaker 3: Guys. I angry, he's upset. He's in the suv.
Speaker 1: They'll put the grappler on that one. They got this guy with the grappler.
Speaker 3: That's the latest one down in Douglas County, Colorado.
Speaker 4: Antund effect, right, was there a little a little bit at the end that they gave you just.
Speaker 5: A bonus hun and then I turned away, comes.
Speaker 3: Back at you. Here we go, let's do jury duty or it is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass. You're knowing jury duty with the News Junkie. Jury Duty brought to you by the one the only Moduit. He's awesome.
Speaker 1: He too, will be making an appearance at the roast of Sean Watson, which is twenty two days from right now. An exclusive event, fancy event, an event where people are gonna be dregs. How many of you are going to be in creative costumes. I hope you know, and you're gonna get a lot of exclusive merch just for being part of this amazing live taping of the Roast. Go learn more over at the news junkie dot com slash roast.
Speaker 3: We think Mo.
Speaker 1: He's our sponsor, one of our sponsors at the event. He's the best of the best, and he is the man to help you out when you get into an accident. So when you get into an accident, grappler or no grappler, you call one eight hundred Calmo one hundred Callmo, or go to just Calmo dot com. A lot of talk about these ice stories. One that is grabbed my attention was, Uh, there's one that I think is bad, bad, bad optics, a real bad look for ice. And they're in front of this building in I think Chicago. Let me just double check because there was a story about it. A man named Reverend David Black is in front of the ICE facility in Chicago and he says, I invite you to repentance. I offer you an altar call, I offer you salvation. He's like shouting at these Ice officers and I guess he said he could hear them laughing at him, and they're kind of like blocking the gate area. I think they were trying to clear this way, but one of the officers fires and hits the reverend or whatever in the head with a pepper ball.
Speaker 3: You can see it didn't seem like there was reason to do. So he's just standing there, he's talking and there's a guy next to him. There's a guy that came up next to him right at that moment, right the super ballonge.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they were aiming for this guy with a helmet, but a guy with the helmet came up there close range.
Speaker 3: Is in there on the rooftop, and he's right below the rooftop, and right here, right here, got him. They got him right in the heady And I am.
Speaker 1: Not up on how bad a pepper ball to the head hurts, but my guess is that it's bad.
Speaker 3: I guess, yeah, it's not a good time. They them right in the head.
Speaker 4: Why is it called a pepper ball? Is there pepper spraying it or it's.
Speaker 1: Just these like non lethal rounds that you can get that are like pepper balls, is what they call them. And I think it just like busts up when it hits you. But I think it hurts.
Speaker 3: First.
Speaker 2: Rubber bullets both are classified less lethal. Pepper balls are designed to incapacitate with a chemical irritant. There's rubber bullets rely on blunt force impact.
Speaker 3: I think the pepper ball is still hurt, though it could be wrong.
Speaker 5: That hurt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it popped them round in the head, this guy, and so there was a story about that. The other one was over in Los Angeles, the Ice story. A federal judge over the weekend issued a temporary restraining order requiring immigration officials to get rid of guards that are monitoring a man. You see, there was a car wash raid by the FEDS, and the feds going to the car wash, they were going after this one dude.
Speaker 3: Rovideo Marin.
Speaker 1: They haven't said exactly why, but they're going after him. He broke his leg during the raid and he's in the hospital. So they're saying that like he has been under constant like surveillance and was even cuffed at some point in time to.
Speaker 3: His hospital bed.
Speaker 1: He's presently detained under restrictions that limit his access to council, medical providers and family. The judge said he's been questioned by government officials while in pain and under the influence of medication. He cannot place phone calls and remains handcuffed to a hospital bed despite his broken leg that prevents him from walking.
Speaker 3: Probably a dumb move there.
Speaker 1: If the guy's got a broken leg, I think it's going to be pretty hard for him to hobble away, you know, either charge him or deport him or whatever. But right now it seems like they just kind of have surrounded him at the hospital.
Speaker 5: And they're not allowing doctors to care for I.
Speaker 1: Got to tell you, it's so hard to find out what the truth is and what's not. This is from a judge, so I'm taking it. I'm giving it more credibility because it's from a judge. Usually it's from their attorneys, which I give almost zilt credibility, or from just like other people on the scene who have all sorts of different motivations in these ice cases.
Speaker 3: But this is a a grain of salt. Are we taking this with a grain of pepper?
Speaker 1: I'm giving it one lump of salt, at least for now, from the judge, who.
Speaker 3: Knows could be an activist judge too. But I would tend to believe that this is probably bad to keep somebody like under lock and key at the hospital.
Speaker 4: The pepperball thing is like a paintball, but filled with like irritant like the yeah, but like temporary blindness.
Speaker 3: Oh so difficult suck.
Speaker 4: It's whatever is in this like cloud of crap that's inside it.
Speaker 1: I know it's bad that way, but I want to know from anybody who's ever been hit by one of these. That might be a small amount of people. Oh no, I'm gonna I'm gonna be a no on that. The paintball's hurt bad enough.
Speaker 3: There is not some small thing like a paintball to the skin actually hurts. It's pretty painful. So I wonder if it's similar.
Speaker 1: If you know, let us know a center dispatch or fire off an email the tips tips at thenewsjunky dot com. All right, quick break, so we can get back on time.
Speaker 3: Here. When we come back, we'll get to this hoa issue. And the woman who made an interview with this reporter so awkward, they said she went to walk out.
Speaker 1: The journalist got so frustrated. It's really uncomfortable to listen to. So let's listen to it. That's coming up next on the news Junkie.
Speaker 3: I'm not having dementia issues over here, all right, we don't need anybody else thrown into that equation. I got it locked in, good to go. But I want to play this for you because this leaked yesterday.
Speaker 1: Don't know who is behind it. I'm gonna take a couple of guesses. It appears to be recorded inside the new news room at whatever this news organization is in California. Let's get some bio details on the lady that is in this interview. They said she stammed out, she stormed out of a CBS interview.
Speaker 3: Her name is Katie Porter, Katie with the cier K, Katie Porter, prt R. I remember her from headlines.
Speaker 1: I remember her being called a bitch and a pain in the ass to deal with by staffers.
Speaker 3: US Rep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember her having like a lot of issues with staffers.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Born in nineteen seventy four, Lawyer served as a US Rep for California from twenty nineteen until twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: She is a Democrat. Went to Yale. See if there's any controversy sections.
Speaker 1: I always keet blown away by this, Like people will be like, wow, this person went to Yale. She went to Yale this one went to Yale. She's an attorney, and in just this snippet and other interviews I've seen with her, she seems dumb as hell to me an Harvard, Yale and Harvard, Like, what the hell is?
Speaker 3: I see this stuff all the time, und and I don't even like she didn't even come across this book smart man. Her communication skills just suck. I don't know.
Speaker 2: She married Matthew Hoffman, excuse me, whom She had three children. She felt for divorce in twenty thirteen. Divorce was contentious. Both Hoffman and Porters sought help for anger management. All right, daughter METSI named after Elizabeth Warren. It's all in the same paragraph. And she's a teacher. Might say anything else as far as.
Speaker 1: So she's not in office anymore, right that you said former representative?
Speaker 5: I think yeah, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they somebody leaked out this interview gone wrong with her with this Katie Porter lady, and they said she stormed out or threatened the storm out of the CBS interview and things went mego weird. And I've seen some people defending her. So let's just take it in and see if it was as awkward as they.
Speaker 20: Said, what do you say to the forty percent of California voters who you'll need in order to win, who voted for Trump?
Speaker 21: How would I need them in order to win?
Speaker 22: A man?
Speaker 20: Well, unless you think you're going to get sixty percent of the vote, do you think you'll get sixty for all?
Speaker 3: Everybody who did.
Speaker 20: Not vote for Trump will vote for you, that's what you're in a general election?
Speaker 21: Yes, if it is me versus a Republican, I think that I will win the people who did not vote for What if it's you versus another Democrat? I don't intend that to.
Speaker 3: Be the case.
Speaker 20: So how do you not intend that to be the case?
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 20: Are you going to ask them not to run?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 21: No, I'm saying I'm going to build the support. I have the support already in terms of name recognition, and so I'm going to do the very best I can to make sure that we get through this primary in a really strong position.
Speaker 3: But let me be clear with you, I represent that's by the way.
Speaker 1: Pay attention to these kind of things if you are being interviewed, especially if you're a politician, and you feel like you're slipping, like the interviewee or the interviewer, I should say the journalist. The interviewer is landing some punches on you. One of the tactics that they'll tell you in boot camp for this kind of stuff is sit back for a second and then push forward with an aggressive line. So if you feel like the reporter is winning, you lean forward and you go, let me be clear with you, and like you're now grabbing a hold of the conversation.
Speaker 2: Are they really though when you could see right through it?
Speaker 1: Well, if they can utilize those tactics to then go like, all right, now I've gained sort of control back, but then you've got to keep it. But she doesn't really here. It's just it's something that they tell you, like when you want to become a politician, they'll put you through these different media training things.
Speaker 21: County, I represented a purple area. I have stood on my own two feet and one Republican votes before. That's not something every candidate and this race can say. If you're from a deep blue area, if you're from LA or you're from Oakland, you just.
Speaker 20: Said you don't need those.
Speaker 21: Trump voters, So you asked me if I needed them to win, So you don't think like this is unnecessarily arguing.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's starting to go south. She says, this is yeah, why are they so close to each other?
Speaker 1: Well, that that's why I'm saying, Like you see how it says CBS News California Investigations, Like, there's no way the CBS affiliates.
Speaker 3: Didn't release this.
Speaker 1: This is this is their video, right, Yeah, this isn't like somebody had a camera just in the same room. And she said, I feel like this is unnecessarily aggressive or.
Speaker 3: What was the word she used. I'll bring it back.
Speaker 21: To win, So you don't think like this is unnecessarily argumentative or what's your question?
Speaker 20: The question is the same thing I asked everybody that this is being called the empowering voters to stop Trump's power graph. Every other candidate has answered this question, this is.
Speaker 3: Not and I said, I support it.
Speaker 20: So and the question is what do you say to the forty percent of voters who voted for Trump.
Speaker 21: Oh, I'm happy to say that. It's the do you need them to win part that I don't understand. I'm happy to answer.
Speaker 3: Ques answer.
Speaker 21: The question is you haven't written and I'll answer.
Speaker 20: And we've also asked the other candidates. Do you think you need any of those forty percent of California voters to win?
Speaker 3: And you're saying no, you don't.
Speaker 21: No, I'm saying I'm going to try to win every vote I can. And what I'm saying to you is that well to those voters.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you now now about walk the journalist is doing this thing where you're like, Okay, I can see she's getting temperamental.
Speaker 5: You're going in circles.
Speaker 3: They weren't making any problems over and over. That was a loop for sure.
Speaker 1: But now the journalist is like, Okay, I could see she's getting flustered.
Speaker 3: I don't want her to leave yet.
Speaker 1: Let me go to another question, and I think this is where she tries to leave.
Speaker 3: Well to those voters.
Speaker 21: Okay, So you I don't want to keep doing this.
Speaker 3: I'm going to call it.
Speaker 21: Thank you.
Speaker 3: You're not going to do the interview with them? No, not like this.
Speaker 21: I'm not not with seven follow ups to every single question you ask.
Speaker 20: Every other candidate has I don't care.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 21: I want to have a pleasant, positive conversation which you asked me about every issue on this list, and if every question you're going to make up a follow up question. Then we're never going to get there.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is a little dumb. This part is a little dumb.
Speaker 1: When you say I want a positive experience, I want a pleasant experience. You're running for office. I want the journalists to do exactly what this CBS news lady is doing. I want them to push you. I want them to pressure you. I want them to make you uncomfortable. I want them to make you squirm. I want you to have to answer questions that you don't want to answer. Necessarily, you're an elected official, a person who is supposed to work for the peoples. She was trying to run for governor, and that's what led to this whole interaction right here between her and the reporter. But she's like, I want to have a pleasant experience. Like that's dumb, that's that's stupid pie in the sky stuff. You're going to get pushed back if you're a politician. I don't care who you are. Like I even think the when you align politically with a TV network, like Democrats going on MSNBC or Republicans going on Fox News, I still think they should get pushed back. That's like the job that you should have as a journalist. And she's like, no, I want this to be a pleasant experience please, and we're.
Speaker 3: Just going to circle a rime and hesitator. Ever had to do this before?
Speaker 20: Ever, You've never had in.
Speaker 6: Order?
Speaker 20: Okay, but every other candidate has done this.
Speaker 21: What part of I'm me? I'm reading for governor because I'm a leader, So I am going to make so.
Speaker 20: You're not going to answer questions from reporters?
Speaker 3: Okay, why don't we go through I save it again.
Speaker 20: Follow up questions because that's my job as a journalist. But I will go through nasty is and if you don't want to answer, you don't want to answer, so nearly every legislative I don't.
Speaker 21: Want to have an unhappy experience for you, and I don't want this all on camera.
Speaker 20: I don't want to have an unhappy experience with you either. I would love to continue to ask the questions.
Speaker 3: Ladies, ladies, lady go anywhere.
Speaker 2: Okay, started to say oh, well you're nasty, You're a nasty woman. This is all fake news, then it would be applauded if you, as a guy that as a ladies.
Speaker 5: Thing back and forth. A very weird place for it to be done.
Speaker 3: Who's saying this is because they're ladies. I'm just saying ladies ladies.
Speaker 1: Because there's two ladies talking each other. Should I call them gentlemen? What am I supposed to say?
Speaker 3: Uh? There, they're ladies. So that's why I'm referring to them as that got it?
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't want this to be an unpleasant conversation.
Speaker 3: It seems like it's turned into that.
Speaker 5: To keep asking these questions.
Speaker 3: Clear, let me be clear.
Speaker 1: Are you staking the ground that calling two women who are talking to each other ladies is not right?
Speaker 2: I'm saying that I do not want to do this with you right now. Okay, this seems argumentative, and I am gonna get the votes. Where I need to get the votes is I'm running for governor of Flora. I don't know what you Immediately, I thought you guys were referring to.
Speaker 5: This is classic ladies just yapping at each other.
Speaker 3: Noise. No men, men do the same thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, I'm just the other is it's just a sniffer noise? Something from that website at the moment.
Speaker 5: Here seventy orgy coming up soon.
Speaker 3: I think we have a time to play a dispatch. Your wife is going to be real. She tuned into ed Gene all by herself, getting real bad ideas.
Speaker 1: My friend, let's go over here. Here's skip a style with a dispatch. It says it's about minor stuff.
Speaker 3: All right, let's see.
Speaker 19: So I had to go back to work when you started talking about the story with the drag queen and the minor.
Speaker 3: So let's do this here.
Speaker 19: Let's say person A goes to a bar and they use the fake ID to get in that bar.
Speaker 3: Person be biased person a drink?
Speaker 19: Should person be be charged with contributing contributing to the delinquency of a minor?
Speaker 3: Cush? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: No, no, I just stopped him right there, so we can answer the question if he's saying, if somebody brings somebody into a bar, maybe they're on a first date or something, they just met outside and they go, let's go into the bar, and then the bar checks that person's ID and goes to serve them a drink. If person A buys person be a drink, should they be arrested for contributing to the delinquency of a minor?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 4: I mean it's sort of the discussion we had we were having as far as he brought up the person using a fake ID. Right, And so you meet a person at a bar who has got in there with a fake ID. How many things can you be in trouble for before even having sex with this person. I don't feel like you.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like you should get in trouble for buying somebody a drink if the bar approved their ID.
Speaker 5: Honestly, the bar would be the one getting in trouble.
Speaker 1: I think they should if anybody gets in trouble. That's just my take on it. Is like if you meet somebody first day outside of a bar going to the bar, the bar checks their ID and then they go you said, I'll take a captain and coke, and they'll go, what do you want?
Speaker 3: Okay, HER's is on top with what mixers do you guys have?
Speaker 1: I would at that point immediately go, well, the bar has verified that she's of age, so I buy them a drink.
Speaker 4: I think that's one of the ways that undercovers like bars, like when they sting bars. One of the ways like if it's during the day and there might not be a doorman there yet, they would like go in with a group of people sit at a table, have one person go up to the bar, order four drinks, bring them to the table, and now the bar has served an underage person a rest aremate.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, but isn't isn't the bar then the intermediary, Like, there's some expectation when you go into a place that you can trust what's happening. So I trust that the bar has allowed in people who are of age, and so therefore if I want to buy them a drink, then I would assume that they were of age and the bar has checked them.
Speaker 1: I don't think if somebody buys somebody a drink across the bar and it turns out, haha, go they were using a fake ID, that seems fair.
Speaker 4: I think in this case, no matter who's who's paying for the drink, it's still the bar is serving a drink to that person. Because I don't think you would be arrested for that. I think the bar would be the party that would be in trouble. However, if you get this person's number and starts, you know, do steaming, sexting with them, send them a nude photograph. I mean you met them at a place where people who you shouldn't send those photographs to aren't allowed in Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the only thing that changes my mind is once you're engaging in a sexual act with a person, it is on you to make sure, I believe. I think morally it's on you to make sure that person is of age and consenting and those things. I think that that's the only way that this makes sense, because otherwise you could just say the person pretended they were eighteen, they were they were eleven, they were twelve or thirteen, and you could you could place blame on all sorts of other third parties.
Speaker 3: Somebody. The buck has to stop somewhere, like.
Speaker 2: Show me your pornhob account and I'm talking login. Yeah, you can't get into porn now without an ID.
Speaker 3: I think it. I think it's difficult.
Speaker 1: And Charlotte, the kids are too important to be like Wesley, you didn't know that they were a teenager. You should have known you're thirty five or something. You should have known that they were thirteen. Breaking news just coming in here? Man, is it Starmagan?
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 1: It's non Dolly related news that is coming into the newsroom here. Finally, after a very long time, how long has it been a while.
Speaker 3: Derek Groves has been arrested. He is the last one that was on the loose after that jail break in New Orleans. Wow, they had gotten all of them, but you were he was one dude still on the loose. This guy, Derek Groves, just got arrested behind him.
Speaker 4: Tell me this, This is the only guy that didn't go to the French quarter because it was some of them just left the jail.
Speaker 5: He should have been in Canada by now.
Speaker 3: Well, let's see, hold on, where did they get Where do they arrest him?
Speaker 1: He's now been arrested, Derek Groves ending the search for all escapees tied to that New Orleans prison break that I believe was the one where they got out behind a sink.
Speaker 3: Like they pushed the sink.
Speaker 5: I left that message literal hole in the wall.
Speaker 4: They said New Orleans f the police, but they spelled some stuff wrong.
Speaker 3: I think they did New Orleans and made escapee.
Speaker 1: Derek Rose possibly spotted in Atlanta, so he was in Atlanta. They went in guns of blazon and ended up catching this guy.
Speaker 3: How long ago was that was that? That was in the beginning of the year. It's been a while for sure. Let's let's see New Orleans May of five sixteenth, May sixteenth, there's some May June, Jujuly, July to August, August, September.
Speaker 1: So about five months this guy's been out there on the run. And finally they got all of them in custody, ten inmates total. It's got its own Wikipedia entry and everything. That's how you know it's legit. But now they've got them all rope back in finally in Louisiana. So there you go. We'll keep an eye on that story as well. Let me come back. We'll get a bunch of your feedback in. And I finally got to get this mom versus an h o a story, and that has.
Speaker 3: A lot of people talking.
Speaker 1: Something else happened on a Frontier Airlines flight And did Trump trash a hotel room?
Speaker 3: Or is this nonsense?
Speaker 1: We shall investigate That is coming up next something the news junkie. There are a lot of radio stations you could be listen to. They could be playing the same songs over and over and over and over and over and over again. Or you can hang out with us and talk about all the crazy stuff that's.
Speaker 3: Going on in the world and in your neighborhood.
Speaker 1: And I appreciate that you make that option each day, So thank you for that. Right now, though, I'm wondering what's going on because Celia was talking to me a little bit right after the break about this Katie Porter lady who we played the interview where things sort.
Speaker 3: Of went south for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but has said, hold on, this seems to be like out of nowhere. Now, all of a sudden, this is a full court press against this lady.
Speaker 5: So this is a new interview.
Speaker 3: No, she is running for governor right now.
Speaker 1: Well, the interview was new, That interview was new, and they released this, but it must have been CBS that released it because it was from the studio and that interview was released by yeshar over on Twitter yesterday and then I saw it everywhere else after that, and people say that this woman's a bit, she's a pain in the ass. Sure, I'm sure those are all accurate. Whatever, have time to figure out what's what they're but right now they just keep dropping more clips on this lady. Boy, and it seemed to come out of nowhere, like now, they said. She once argued that inflation and abortion reinforce each other because people can abort babies so they have fewer mouse to feed, and so that's one thing. And then I just saw that she had said, I don't know there was another clip I saw a couple of minutes ago about this.
Speaker 3: It was like, all of a sudden, who was running I don't.
Speaker 1: Even know, but it must be one of those people that's going after her pretty hard.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 1: The CNA hasn't heard at Katie Porter much at all in the news until the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 4: The CNN headline is even sort of pointed at, calling her out for some sort of hypocrisy because it says Katie Porter, famous for grilling opponents, is criticized for demanding a reporter be more pleasant. So like famous for grilling opponents, but can't get grilled their self.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but who's she running against?
Speaker 1: Somebody doesn't like her, somebody, Yeah, because another one that's making the rounds right now is California gubernatorial candidate. Katie Porter disgustingly says pedophilia is a gender identity and sexual orientation and not necessarily a crime. Like they're they're clip crazy right now on this lady, and that does not come out of nowhere.
Speaker 5: July twenty five.
Speaker 3: That's a coordinated effort as.
Speaker 2: Somebody Katie Porter, Steven Kluebec Clobec Lubec, Antonio Villaragosa, Via ra Goosa.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's big.
Speaker 5: Yeah, shame on my life.
Speaker 2: Xavier Beck, Geira, Tony Atkins, Betty Ye, Tony Thurmond, and then Republicans Chad Bianco, Steve Hilton, and Butcher Ware from the Green Party.
Speaker 1: Via ra Goosa is the only one I think who's really got a shot there at stepping out because I think.
Speaker 3: Wasn't Viara Gosa the mayor of Los Angeles.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: So co chair of Hillary Clinton's and was an a presidential campaign.
Speaker 1: And who else made the move from mayor of Los Angeles to governor of the state of California News The current the current governor of California made that same exact move. So I don't know if it's him, I don't know who it is, but somebody is going after her hard right now. Also, somebody mentioned this clip, so let's play it. They said, did you see Stephen Miller froze up on CNN?
Speaker 3: I was not see Stephen Miller stopped talking. It was wild.
Speaker 1: Most recently was involved in a back and forth where AOC called him a short guy. She was like, he's a short person and made fun of him because he was short, and then he's like, no, I'm five ten and then people got mad at her because she made fun of a short person.
Speaker 3: And it was on the fringes so it was hard to follow. But he's on CNN. Now, let's see what happened to this moment in legal insurrection. Does the administration still plan to abide by that ruling?
Speaker 22: Well, the administration filed an appeal this morning with the Ninth Circuit. I would note the administration won an identical case in the Ninth Circuit just a few months ago with respect to the federalizing of the California National Guard. Under Title ten of the US Code. The President has plenary authority, has.
Speaker 3: Planary Stephen hold On, there's a definition. He froze up. He's blinking, Hey, Stephen, can hear me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not frozen, he's blinking, but he I'm saying he's frozen up, like speaking, let me let me go back again.
Speaker 3: In one sec. Because he was in the middle of that answer, and then he just stopped talking, like there was a shutdown, like he got jammed up, Stephen, Stephen, even Steve Starr, Hey, Stephen, can hear me? What's going on? It seemed Steven. I apologie as it seems like I was weird. I don't know what was going on there.
Speaker 2: Some people are saying that he realized that he'd done messed up and what he said, because I thought it was a flub, like he meant to say plenty, but he said plinori. But that's actually like un what is it? Complete authority without anyone checking you? Essentially, and let.
Speaker 1: Me see that's leanary definition. I do not of all the words I know, and I know a lot of words. Plenary of a meeting to be attended by all of the participants at a conference or assembly, unqualified absolute, so plenary authority would be unqualified absolute authority. Like I think that they would say that though on the record, like I think that he would he would say that and not worry about it. But he certainly acted weird there. I know that what they're going to say because I heard this all the time. It'll be like, oh, I was hearing something else in the headphones or something.
Speaker 12: Time.
Speaker 3: Let's let me go back to that moment where he said that. Just see if we could pick up on anything a.
Speaker 22: Few months ago with respect to the federalizing of the California National Guard under Title ten of the US Code, the President has plenary authority, has.
Speaker 1: Stephen Stephen, I mean, what's weird is if you can't hear the CNN guy right now, why wouldn't you be like, I can't hear you.
Speaker 4: I lost you if the feed switched to his ear Yeah, and he might be he might have thought he was just cut off.
Speaker 3: Maybe because he's still staring at this the camera. Stephen can hear me. I'd be like, I can't hear you. It's something like there's a technical issue.
Speaker 4: It seemed, Steve, and I apologize.
Speaker 3: It seems like we're having a tech I don't know.
Speaker 1: Something happened there, something went wrong. Somebody said, is this Grock? Is this real? Is this a real video?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think it does appear to be real as best I could tell. But we'll see if they have any excuses for why that happened. And we'll also get back with this.
Speaker 4: Like if I've just switched your fee right now, I'm not going to do it, but if I did, you'd probably be a little confused as to why you were hearing something different, you might stop in your tracks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would blast me out, Like this is what's the trick that you do when somebody's trying to do karaoke or something and there's like a bit that that people do.
Speaker 2: Speech jam, speech cham That's what it's like a delayed if you.
Speaker 3: Start doing that.
Speaker 1: But that usually is not responsible for silence as much as it is people all of a sudden sound drunk, right.
Speaker 3: Not it's been difficult for them to finish their words. It's a great day.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to see. I didn't even have to do it to myself. I just you know, I got that ingrained in me.
Speaker 1: Stephen Miller. Miller sparks suspicion. This is Time magazine.
Speaker 4: But it seems like something that later on there would be a tweet about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I was looking for. What I apologize. It seems like we're having a technical issue. That's what CNN said, and then no other mention about this, So I'm not sure if people.
Speaker 4: Said no not yet he's still just blinking.
Speaker 3: Well, can I do all right? When we come back?
Speaker 1: Final dispatches stories that didn't make the cut, And today I learned to wrap.
Speaker 3: Everything up for a Wednesday.
Speaker 10: That is coming up next in the news Junkie.
Speaker 1: Final dispatches stories that didn't make the cut, And today I learned to wrap everything up.
Speaker 3: For a Wednesday.
Speaker 1: And Orlando mom says her homeowners association targeted her five year old child. The HOA going after the five year old tike the tyke was targeted by these tyrants over at the h o A. Ariel Barner said she recently received a letter from an attorney representing the University Pines Property Owners Association. She said that her kids were troublesome and they were swinging from tree branches and throwing rocks. She says, they're hyper in the mornings. It's a bunch of kids out there. Everybody's happy. They're running, they have their backpacks on and their folders. I just never thought my son's joy would be seen as target or discomfort.
Speaker 3: They labeled her son. Damn. Imagine getting this at five, y'all. They labored her five year.
Speaker 1: Old son a public nuisance and annoyance to the neighborhood. If you get that at five, you're putting up numbers, man, that's impressive.
Speaker 3: Kind kind of hilarious, though your public.
Speaker 5: Nuisance at five, You have so much ahead of you.
Speaker 3: Well, we were at ten.
Speaker 1: If I was a rapper or something and I got public nuisance at age five, that would be on one of my albums somewhere. Yeah, I'd get that on. Okay, let's do the final dispatches. Friends reached the end of the line.
Speaker 14: He's on the final Dispatches, but Sean will probably only.
Speaker 3: We shall see.
Speaker 1: Let's see what we got here, some choice dispatches. Let's go to moon Dog and see what they have to say.
Speaker 15: All right, about eighteen years ago, I was a bartender in Ultimont and the place were close now, so I guess you could say where it was. Yeah, where shouts in Ultimont. The guy and a girl came in. We didn't have a bouncer. Guy and a girl came in. He bought two drinks. The girl was standing next to him. Is that being a sting? And the bartenders golowing down too much? Served him and he was of age, but also gave.
Speaker 1: Him the drink, all right, he said for the girl. The bartender got in trouble. Yeah, yeah, nobody's saying that. So, like, let's say I go into a bar.
Speaker 3: With an underage girl, and then you give me a drink, and then you just assume and give the girl a drink, but she's underage, so now you're busted. That.
Speaker 1: Everybody's on board with that. I think everybody's fine with that. The problem is if you go to a bar and then there's another as just a patron, not with anybody, or like, you know, maybe even you find somebody in your you're on a date.
Speaker 3: You guys just met. You don't know exactly how old they are.
Speaker 1: But then the bartender takes a look at their ID, and then you buy that person a drink. You're assuming that the bartender has confirmed that they're twenty one. That's the that's the change here. That's that's what we're talking about. Last one here is I'm not gonna play this because this is about people saying I don't play their dispatches.
Speaker 3: I don't really want to do that. The last one is gonna be chaos. Talking about that twitch birth that started it all off, joking, hey doing well, he's doing the pool, the pool guy. These people have met about this birth and they're going, oh my god, nothing's private anymore. Nothing, nothing's ever been there. It's fake Okay, yeah, it's fake.
Speaker 1: The outrage over somebody giving birth on Twitch is fake.
Speaker 3: It's done.
Speaker 1: She didn't show anything. It was a nice, pleasant little thing.
Speaker 3: She didn't make you watch it.
Speaker 1: No, And honestly, I would say it's like it's a service to people that'll be.
Speaker 5: Like, hey, I can do it in my living room.
Speaker 14: This is what happens when you give birth, just so you and.
Speaker 3: There's there's nothing sexual about that. Nothing just beautiful.
Speaker 5: Does up there that would definitely masturbate to it.
Speaker 3: But it's not that video. There's nothing to see for most people.
Speaker 1: It's not a sexualized thing, all right. It's a very normal, natural thing for a woman to give birth.
Speaker 4: Now, probably weird YouTube videos where a naked woman gives birth in a river that.
Speaker 2: Was beautiful and also crazy and the kid just plops out the pebble ground of the river and entitled passenger up sorry, go ahead, Oh got taken away and went down the waterfall.
Speaker 1: That's the risk. That's the risk you'd taken. These outside birds. An entitled passenger triggered chaos on a plane. This is a frontier flight, and she blocked the aisle and refused to move while others were trying to disembark.
Speaker 3: This has gone viral. The woman landed in Baltimore. She said, I ain't going nowhere. They said, get out of the way.
Speaker 1: Until what she said she was waiting for her daughter to get all this stuff together, but she was taking forever and forever, and the woman.
Speaker 3: Said, don't say s to me. The flight attendant tries to de escalate the conduct, staying the woman should step aside and wait for her daughter to make her way to the front, and she said, no, they won't let my daughter pass, and I'm not getting off without her.
Speaker 1: So turned into an explosive moment on a frontier flight where I'm sure people were just trying to get home, be done with their day.
Speaker 3: And that's going to have to do it.
Speaker 1: Oh, Trump trashed to this hotel room, according to MSN.
Speaker 3: I don't know if this is right or not.
Speaker 1: Could be a bunch of nonsense, but they say Trump left his room littered with tanning and hair products during the recent official visit. Picture that could be could be a partisan hackery here, but that's what the article says.
Speaker 3: From MSO wrote the TV out the window on the cheets, let's do today.
Speaker 22: The following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ.
Speaker 3: So don't get cocky. We today, by the way, Jerry's out there in the tropics. But don't worry. Stare bear. We're good. We're good today. Learned this lady right here. That's right, Dolly Parton is correct.
Speaker 1: When the Tennessee Tennessee Legislature, excuse me, proposed to erect the statue of Miss Dolly Partner herself by the way, still alive.
Speaker 5: Thank God, prayers answered.
Speaker 3: Thanks. She asked the legislature to remove the bill from consideration, saying it wasn't appropriate to put her on a pedestal statue. Pedestal. I see what you're doing, Dolly, glad you're doing all right. Thank you bragging out with us folks. We appreciate it. We're back tomorrow the same time, same place. Listening to the show.
Speaker 1: Get the podcast over on thedewschunkie dot com.
Speaker 3: We'll see tomorrow.
Speaker 18: Mother can no give just use jump and they never give you credit.
Speaker 3: For service and emotion. What deservice eromotion want you?
Speaker 6: The boss wants you to let me