Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of baseball. One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball. Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 2: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 3: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, Tam Cats.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to bow rock Yo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Friday, April seventeenth, twenty twenty six. You're back to back world champion Los Angeles Dodgers, fourteen to four on the season, first place, top the NL West and after a five to one homestand that included taking two or three from the Rangers, that are the sweep of the New York Mets. The Dodgers now hit the road as they face some divisional foes. First up, a four game series in Denver against the Rockies. Tyler Glass now on the mount and what was a snowy Denver earlier today. First pitch from Coursefield's coming up at five forty between now and then, we got a lot to get to here on Morogo Casino Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from the manager himself. Dave Roberts will dive deeper into this game one pitching matchup of this series. We got your Dodgers magical moment. David Vassa joins us of course throughout the hour. Shortly we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA and in just a few minutes we will check it with Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday out at the galpin Ford Broadcast booth. Well, Wednesday was Jackie Robinson Day, the seventy ninth anniversary when Jackie Robinson broke through the color barrier in Major League Baseball. Lots of pregame ceremonies, rightfully, so every player.
Speaker 3: We're at number forty two.
Speaker 2: On the field, it was show Hayo Tani getting the start, and for the first time since twenty twenty one, he wasn't also in the lineup as a hitter, Dave Roberts electing to go with Dalton Rushing as the dh instead Otani the pitcher.
Speaker 3: Well, he was pretty good. Two to one Dodgers, two outs, bases empty.
Speaker 5: The two pitch plays, strike three, show Hey. Old Tani strikes out the side of the sixth. He's up to ten punch outs in six strong show.
Speaker 3: Hey Otani struck out ten.
Speaker 2: He'd go six innings, allowed just the one run on two hits. O'tani walked to ninety five pitches, sixty three for strikes. He had twenty two swinging misses, the most with the Dodgers. Meanwhile, the Dodgers offense without Otani didn't skip a beat. In the second, I Sung Kim hit a two run home run off metstarter Lay Holmes, his first of the season.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers took a two nothing lead.
Speaker 2: Then in the sixth, tay Oscar Hernandez with an opposite field solo home runoff reliever Tobias Myers. Dodgers had a three to one lead. In the eighth, Dodgers busted at wide open. They loaded the bases for the guy replacing show Hey in the lineup as the dh Dalton.
Speaker 5: Rushing Williams to rushing. First pitch hit in the air right center field, Robert.
Speaker 6: Back hit the wall, it squammed, and a dagger from Dulton rushing grand slam for Dalton rushing his first in the big leagues.
Speaker 2: Dodgers a seven to one lead as they took control of the game, and they weren't done. Three batters later, Kyle Tucker left the yard, Dodgers an eight to one lead. Showe Aotani went the six. Blake Troning got the seventh, put up a zero. Tanner Scott got the eighth. He put up a zero. Kyle Hurt, back off the injured list, got the ninth. The young right hander gave up the run, but that was it. Dodgers go on and beat the Mets on Wednesday, eight to two. Show Hey gets the winnings. Now two to oher a sub one era, Dodgers finish off the sweep of New York. They go five to one on the homestand as they improved a fourteen and four overall, and now they hit the road first up a four game wrap around series in Denver, where it was snowing earlier. Today, Oh, the weather is cleared up. Tyler Glass now on the mount. First pitch at five forty and with more we head out to the galloping Ford broadcast booths. We say hello to Tim Neverert and Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Guys, Tim thank you very much. It's a beautiful night here in Denver. While just kidding, it's very cold. It snowed all day. The grounds crew is tired as they had to get all the snow off the field here. Today the sun came out, which is going to help things before the game begins. But certainly the weather a big part of the story here tonight.
Speaker 8: Ball well, it is a big part of the story earlier today where snowmen were being built around even here at the ballpark. A little bit earlier, a tractor had to be used to get the snow off the field. Groundscrew congratulations, it's a wonderful job. We're going to play rather crisp baseball tonight. And this is a night from a hitter standpoint. Don't get jammed because it's going to hurt if you do.
Speaker 7: Temperatures will be in the thirties during the course of the game tonight, and this is typical spring weather in Denver.
Speaker 8: In this region. You don't know from one day to.
Speaker 7: The next whether you'll have a snowstorm or whether it'll be eighty degrees. And in a couple of days from now, it will be eighty degrees here. The weather after today is going to beautiful for the rest of the series. But the Dodgers and Rockies will start this series tonight. Tyler glasnow at one and Ohero will get the start also one and oh for the Rockies. Tomoyuki Sugano, the former star in Japan with the Giants in Japan and Team Samurai, teammate of Shohy Otani Otani back in the lineup as the designated hitter. He got to watch Dalton Rushing hit a Grand Slam as the dh in his spot the other day. But certainly this is a great place for Otani. He's got good numbers in this ballpark, has.
Speaker 8: Very good numbers, home runs, average, you name it. He's been able to do it to this particular point, has hung. Kim is going to get the start at shortstop. That's really the only question mark right now. With Mooki Bets is still on the injured list, who's going to be at short stop, Well, it's going to be Kim tonight. And Alex Freelin, who hit his first Dodger home run, is in that lineup again. He's at SACA base and batting in the number nine spot. So this golf club, this Dodger team fourteen and four. They're five and one on the road. They had been doing a lot of things in the right manner.
Speaker 7: Fourteen and four after eighteen games. That happened in twenty twenty one. The Dodgers would win one hundred and six games that year and lose the division by one game to the Giants. It also happened on one of your teams, mode nineteen seventy seven. You lost in the World Series to the Yankees. But still you started off great at fourteen and four.
Speaker 8: And on the flip side of the coin, you look at the Rockies, there's seven and twelve. How about this. There have been fifty nine teams in baseball history that have started the season seven and twelve. How many reached playoffs? Three is all.
Speaker 7: This is a team that currently sets seven and a half behind the Dodgers this early in the season. The Giants are there too also with the seven and twelve record. But if the Rockies this year MO lose one hundred games, that'll be a stark improvement over last year, which was sad to say, but that's the state.
Speaker 8: Of the organization. Twenty plus game improvement.
Speaker 7: If that's the case, Yeah, I mean, it's a team that is trying to rebuild from the inside.
Speaker 9: First. They have changed management, and we.
Speaker 7: Talked a lot about that during spring training, but we'll see if it translates onto the field of play during the course of the season. Rockies wearing their City Connect uniforms for the first time tonight. These are the new ones they've gotten, not the green ones from the past, but they are a different light blue, purple combination. As they'll look down those for the first time. Last year, the Rockies went two and eleven against the Dodgers, and tonight game one of a four game wraparound series. Todder Glasnow for the Dodgers and Tomo Juki Sugano for the Rockies.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, thank you very much, Tim, as we cut you down to first pitch. Todger fans, get your game day meal low at Shaky's Pizza Parlor or your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's. Right now, it's Shaky's dot Com coming up here on Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear for the manager, Dave Roberts. We check in with David Vase. Of course throughout the hour. We got your dog magical moment. But up next your Otani rewind and we'll visit with Hirston Watson from Sports Net LA. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Rockies from Denver on this Friday.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kates as the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Rockies from Denver.
Speaker 3: On this Friday night.
Speaker 2: The snow has cleared out, still fridgid cold in the Mile High City. Tyler Glass now Totoyuki Sigano. The pitching matchup, first pitch set for five forty.
Speaker 1: This is the.
Speaker 5: Rewind two to one Dodgers two ounce bases empty, the O two pitch playing on Miss Strike three show, Hey old Time. He strikes out the side of the sixth. He's up to ten punch outs in six strong show.
Speaker 2: Hey O Tawny pitched only on Wednesday Night, six innings, one run, two hits, ten strikeouts in the way and over the New York Mets Show, Hey O Tawny now two to zero on this season on the mound with a zero point five zero e r A.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 3: Hey Kirson.
Speaker 2: Now joins is brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old card. Don eight today your car could be picked up tomorrow. Donate now at Carsfurkids dot org. That's Cars with A K Garriston. We talked about it a couple of days ago. We knew the weather was gonna be wonky once you guys got to Denver.
Speaker 1: But snow, oh my goodness.
Speaker 10: Yes, we thought, Okay, Tim and we were talking. We thought it was gonna be like a light snow like followed by a rain. But in the afternoon, late morning. It has been snowing since eleven eight here, And I mean not just like a little drizzle of a oh, it's so cold to the the range into snow. I mean like snowflakes have been falling like. It feels like a winter wonderland. Now. Even when we got here, we've had guys who were making snowman and we're having snowball fights. It really was one of the coolest things that I've ever seen at the beginning, but then it became like, oh, the ground screw has to clear this field, get everything going. They have been at work since two o'clock. Yeah, two o'clock now, in time they've been they told me in total will probably say about five hours just to get the clear the field to be cleared off. So it's been a lot of work to get going for this game tonight. So as much as it was all fun and games and beautiful winter Wonderland to start, now it's kind of like, oh, this is this is actually serious snow that Denver is dealing with in April, which feels crazy to be saying, but it's the reality of living here.
Speaker 2: You have the weather and then you throw on the fact that you're at altitude Kirston and it's course feel its huge, yeah.
Speaker 10: Which means literally anything can happen. When it comes to the offense, things have gotten going really well as of late, you know. I mean if you look at the game on Wednesday, it truly was something in which one through nine essentially everyone's getting involved. Of course, it's all the long ball in play, and even this is kind of start this year, we've seen the offense take off, especially on the road trip. So you come here to a place where literally anything can happen in general, but then you add in how cold it is. It's in the thirties at the moment. We've just talked about how much snow was here this afternoon, and so with talking to Dave Roberts, he said that this is something you don't really know what the impact is going to be. Obviously, no one might be playing baseball and freezing temperatures. It hurts your hands, bringing the bad all of the different things. So he said, this is truly going to be a game of like mind over matter. It's they're just going to have to kind of dial in. Of course, be mindful of pitch selection. Obviously I take really quality at that. If they can do that, they should be fine. But it's it's not going to be an easy one, whether it's for the offense or from defense, especially the pitching.
Speaker 3: No doubt about it.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be an interesting night and then it gets warmer as the weekend goes on.
Speaker 3: Kirston, we appreciate it.
Speaker 2: We'll check in with you after the game still to come here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David Vassego's one on one with Blake trying it. But up next, we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, as we lead you up to Dodgers and Rockies from cold Denver, first pitch at five forty. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Audio note.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deech on your Home for the Blue All.
Speaker 2: Season law law Brogo Casino Dodgers on tech continuuses. We lead up to first pitch Dodgers and the Rockies Moroco Casino Resort at SPA, a Grand Slam for good times. Tyler glasnow Tobo Yuki Sogano. The pitching matchup, first pitch from Denver, set for five forty.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Injury Report presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Bookie Betts on the i L with the right obleaque strain, Ben Consparius on the IL with the right shoulder inflammation. Tommy Evan starting the year on the sixty day IL, recovering from offseason ankle surgery Blake Snell on the il, but he is starting to throw the hitters. Brock Stewart is in a minor league rehab assignment working his way back from a shoulder injury. Brusdar Gratterol slowly working his way back, Keithy Hernandez Landed, Nat, Gavinstone, Evan Phillips all on the injured list. Let's head back out to Denver and get the pregame thoughts of the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 9: Any questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 8: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with.
Speaker 11: Dave Roberts, Yeah, yeah, it is and and I'll say I like to say that every day's a test. But as far as to that question, the circumstance, the conditions, you know, it's going to be cold, and I think for Tyler that that the challenge is the feel of the baseball, you know, So I think that's something that the pitchers have got to be able to feel the baseball and so whatever way they can kind of get that texture and that field, that's going to be important.
Speaker 9: I'll have Tyler Grobes is that untainability big time.
Speaker 11: He's a different person for me, you know that Dan Philly where we had a big lead, or had a lead and you know, couldn't get out of it with the sweating, the cramping and things like that, some of the things that were out of his control. But I do think that, you know, some of the things that he can control, he's really manning right now.
Speaker 8: And got a handle on.
Speaker 11: And you know, we've seen him for three starts and I think he's been really good, and the stat line could have been significantly better. But I think even for me the days in between his starts and even in spring training and it bleeds back into last year, I think he's grown exponentially. So I don't see that these conditions are gonna affect him today.
Speaker 2: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts down in the dugout. When we continue here on Rago Casino Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with.
Speaker 3: The David Vasse.
Speaker 2: We are lead up to first pitch Dodgers and Rockies from Denver. I'm Tim Kates and this is the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 8: As we were.
Speaker 1: Saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's a Dodgers and the Rockies.
Speaker 2: Tyler Glass now the mound series opener from Denver, first pitch coming up in five.
Speaker 1: Forty joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 9: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Vasse.
Speaker 3: Hey, David now joins Escorts.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Alpoto, born in La Made for your game day. El Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, sauces and hot sauces.
Speaker 3: To your table.
Speaker 2: El Poto Gourmet in a can, David, I imagine they wish things were a little warmer like Elponto right now.
Speaker 3: What a day weather wise? It's been.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's wild here in the Rocky Mountains every time the Dodgers come here, especially this time of the season. And this afternoon basically for the entire day was snowing in downtown Denver. Led up around two thirty mountain time, and the field was covered in one to two inches of snow. But Tim never gave me the scouting report here because he let me know and some of the ground screw as well, that they do have coils heat coils under the outfield grass here for situations like this, so that assisted the ground screw to try to clear the snow from the outfield and also they were able to get the snow off the tarp. So looking out right now, blue skies and there is just a little bit of snow left over from them cleaning off the tarp, and it's gonna be I mean, it really is incredible. Tim how it looked at three o'clock mountain time compared to how it's gonna look as we get ready for first pitch. They did an amazing job to get this field ready ready.
Speaker 2: David is brought to you by the Fort and Maverick Motor Trends at North America's Truck of the Year. The Fort and Maverick everything you need in the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon at the best MSRP of its category. It's time to see Ford in a new light. Go to your Southern California Ford Dealers today, spaking a new light. Last time we saw tyler glass now in some adverse conditions, I best way to describe it.
Speaker 3: Last year didn't pitch so well. How do you think he does today.
Speaker 8: David, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's the one thing that I thought of when I realized that glass Now is on the mound and you had snow today. When he does take the mound, though, the conditions are going to be much better than what they were three hours ago. Obviously, the temperatures are not ideal. They're gonna be in the high thirties, low forties when first pitch comes around. But you're right, I mean, talking about Glass Now. Since spring training, he seems to be a different guy. Seems to have quieted the voices, if you will, in his head to be able to go out there and compete. It seemed like he was, you know, stressing out. He admitted that he would stress out the entire day twenty four to seven about starts, and he just seems to be a calmer presence on the mound.
Speaker 9: And you know, last year in Philly, it.
Speaker 4: Was a little bit of rain, and he admitted that he allowed that to affect him and he couldn't get out of the second inning.
Speaker 9: So I think tonight, thanks.
Speaker 4: To the ground screw here at Corsfield, the conditions are going to be much better than what they were three hours ago.
Speaker 2: David A sad day in baseball here in Southey, California, lost Garrett Anderson at the age of fifty three, fifteen years with the Angels, seventeen years of baseball, Financian's career with the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: A sad day for everybody in the sport.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Freddie Freeman walked up to me in the clubhouse and he said, man, Garrett Anderson, you know he was my favorite. I said, yeah, you know, I forgot about that. But Freddy was really upset about Garrett Anderson passing away because growing up in Orange County and growing up during that period of time where Garrett Anderson, Tim Salmon and those Angels that won the two World Series, those were his guys that he looked up to. And he always told me Garrett Anderson was his favorite player. He got to meet Garrett Anderson a couple of years back, with Garrett doing some of the pre and post game for the Angels television. But yeah, Freddy was deeply settened by the passing of his favorite player.
Speaker 2: Growing up A sad day. He was a local guy from the eight one and eight Kennedy High School. All right, Davi, we transitioned talk Little Ponies as we picked the horses at Santa Anita. Tomorrow's second race out at San Anita. Currently it's a seven horse race. Who do you like tomorrow, David?
Speaker 4: I'm going with the number five horse, Liam Smith?
Speaker 2: All right, good choice. I'm gonna go with Cody Boy. Cody Boy, the fourth horse. Congratulations and good luck to you, say David. Dodger fans celebrate nineteen years. Of course, you know you're beating me so far in the headhead contest, that's for sure. Celebrate ninety years of horse racing at Santa Anita Park every Friday through Sunday with millions of payoffs every race day. We get admission parking in program just ten dollars. Every Friday's free. Explore now at Santa Anita dot com. Slash events coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we are going to hear from Blake Try and we'll dive Deepert of this pitchy matchup. But up next your Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers and Rockies first pitch at five forty. I'm Tim Kases, the back to back World Series champion, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunts game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and the Colorado Rockies on this Friday night. Dodgers fourteen to four, first place a top the NL West. Tyler Glass now on the mount of the series opener for the Mile High City. First pitch coming up at five forty.
Speaker 9: I know it not a ball without a hot dog.
Speaker 1: Who wants a hot hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment Ditch Magical presented by Hawfy hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Well, we take you back to April twenty second, two thy sixteen, ten years ago and Denver Dodgers taken on the Rockies, a game in which Adrian Gonzales homer, Cory Seeger went deep, Austin Barnes had a big triple. Dodgers won the game seven to five, and in the fifth inning, Yasio Puig made a play we still talk about today.
Speaker 8: The two to one is a fly ball to right that goes Tweet.
Speaker 12: He is at the wall, he jumps, he can't get it. It is off the wall and story can really run. He's on his way to third page I want.
Speaker 3: To throw and he is out at third page.
Speaker 12: Yes see old Puig with one of the great throws you will ever see in this game. He is three hundred and seventy nine feet from home plate. He threw on the fly, story could run, and he was out by a thread. A magnificent throw by Yasie Old Puig. You're never gonna see anything like this one again. That will go down as one of the great throws in baseball history. It bounced off the wall, then he had to chase it down, and then in one motion he threw a strike in which Turner was able to slap the tag on Trevor's story, the story was Pleague's throw.
Speaker 1: Man, what a throw?
Speaker 2: Getting Trevor's story, who hit the ball off the top of the wall and right goes right to Puig turns around a one hop strike to third to get Trevor's story. What a throw from Yasiel Puig in deep right field at Coors Field on that April ninth, ten years ago. This Hafey magical moment brought to by Haffey hot Dogs, Haffey Soakaw's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Haffy hot Dogs Local and so Great Wall. We continue here on Rago Casino Dodgers Deck. We'll check back you Rick Monday for lead you up to Dodgers and Rockies on this Friday night. I'm Tim Kames's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Lead you up to the Dodgers and Rockies from Denver Tyler Glass now on the mount first pitch from Corsfield is coming up at five forty time. Now for the Verizon startup as we are about thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you could save big. Visit the Verizon store today.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Maasse. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: What a better way to start a road trip than with Rick Monday. This is the right way for you, right, Rick, This is the way you wanted to start your day.
Speaker 8: Did you build a snowman today?
Speaker 4: Somebody else did and I took a photo of it yep.
Speaker 8: On the field For those that are not aware of it, It snowed today. The weather man said it was going to stop about three o'clock local time. Congratulations, you were spot on on that end of it. But yeah, it's a bundle up, stay warm night.
Speaker 4: I got here around two thirty this afternoon, mountain time, Rake, and on the field there was Mark pryor Dino Ebol, some players that came out from time to time, and the snow was good enough to make snowballs, and not surprising, I took a lot of hits.
Speaker 8: Well, let me put it this way. The infield was covered with the tart. The outfield was covered well, so was the infield tart, but it was covered with snow. And they used a tractor to get the snow off the field, move it to the warning tracks, and then the ground screw of about eight shoveled the snow into trucks, if you will, many trucks to get it off the field. And they did that for a number of in order to get this field even close to plank conditions.
Speaker 4: Rick, you're a common sense type of guy. I know the snow stopped. I know this field is equipped to handle snow. But tomorrow, in the next three days, the temperatures are going to be in the seventies and eighties. Tonight, as you know around the thirties, wouldn't you play this game one of the next three days.
Speaker 8: No, you don't want back up with double hutters because you don't know what's in the forecast for later on. I mean, we've been here before where the weather is forecast be pretty good and you turn around and said, hey, wait a minute, there's a rain that comes up. With those mountains up there, you don't really know what's going to be coming on. I really look at tonight. It may go totally bonkers the opposite direction, But I look at nights like this that I know as a player, I thought it was more of a pitcher's night than a hitters night. That being said, here's the caveat. If a picture is throwing a lot of breaking stuff, which if we look tonight at Tyler Glass, now he's throwing a high percentage of breaking stuff. Now does he have the feel for that breaking stuff tonight? Because your fingers don't really feel all that great if you're out in this cold weather for a period of time, It certainly does not feel good for a hitter. If you get jammed on nights.
Speaker 4: Like this, Yeah, what do you make of Tyler glass Now since basically the Freeway series really leaning on his curveball more than his fastball.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he has, in fact breaking pitches forty eight percent of the time. That's time for fifth highest amount in this early going of the season. The curveball has been terrific. I mean absolutely terrific. It has been nosed to toes a great number of times and backed up with a good fastball. I mean it has really been a pitch has caused some hitters sleepless nights.
Speaker 4: You know, you always talk about checking boxes and passing tests. If you remember this time a year ago, Tyler glass Now allowed a little bit of rain in Philadelphia to derail a start, and he admitted that tonight the conditions are not going to be ideal. So I feel like this may be another test to see whether or not the new glass Now has overcome some of his past issues.
Speaker 8: I noticed Glass Now what he got on the bus. It's not always a telltale sign how a guy's going to pitch, but he's seeing he's just very relaxed. It was not in a panic, was not looking at snow. That's you know, doesn't affect him on the mound I think the edge normally is going to be slanted towards the pitching, and especially when you're equipped with the fans boat upper velocity as far as miles per hour, and that breaking fish that we've talked about, he's used successfully very well so far.
Speaker 4: All Right, Well, the Dodgers have their main guys in the starting lineup tonight, so it should be fun. We'll see whether or not the Dodger hitters can get their bats warmed up for tonight's game.
Speaker 8: Stay warmed tonight, David, don't get jammed.
Speaker 4: Hey, Rick, Maybe I'll squeeze in between you and Tim Never during the broadcast.
Speaker 8: Plenty of room, Pal, come on up.
Speaker 9: I'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 8: Tim all right.
Speaker 2: Thank you, David, Thank you Mo. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Sidio Hope. Preparation, precision, and unrelenting commitment to be and the best of what they do. That's what makes a champion. It's City of Hope.
Speaker 3: That commitment has one focus, curing cancer.
Speaker 2: City of Hope. Champions of Hope make an appointment today. It's cityof Hope, dot Org. Still to come here on Dodgers on deck as we lead up to first pitch from Denver. We'll get you a preview this pitching matchup. We'll get you the keys of the game. But up next we go high and Tight with David Veasse Dodgers Rocky.
Speaker 3: First pitch at five forty.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kas's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Rockies on this Friday night, the first of four from Denver. Tyler Glass. Now Totayuki Sugano the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at five forty Dodgers Baseball, brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast.
Speaker 3: What you're doing for dinner?
Speaker 2: How about some Shaky's Pizza tonight joint with some Dodgers Baseball. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player, It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 4: This this high and touched well the snow has stopped, and the Dodgers and Rockies are getting ready for first pitch. Our guest, Blake Trenton, three time World Series champions, got his snow hat on. He's about to go outside and get ready for this game tonight.
Speaker 9: Blake, thanks a lot for the time. Appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Dave, You're always welcome.
Speaker 9: Have you been outside yet?
Speaker 13: No, I'm too old to be out there letting the joints subtle. I need to sit in here, get nice and warm. Save it for the game.
Speaker 4: You played on the East Coast with the Nationals. How much have you experienced snow games and having to deal with snow early in the day and then temperatures in the mid thirties.
Speaker 13: Well, I don't think I've really played snow in the big leagues, but in college I was at South Dakota State. Go jack Rabbits, mid major powerhouse.
Speaker 8: Wants to go look them up.
Speaker 13: Invented the cookies and cream ice cream.
Speaker 9: I mean, now I'm all in.
Speaker 13: Yeah, most people will be, you know, no, but I'm used to playing in pretty cold weather. We played in Minnesota in twenty two. It was like thirty two degrees.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you remember that.
Speaker 9: It was awful, had a no hitter.
Speaker 3: He did guys the goat.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so playing in the cold, if you can get warm, is an advantage to the picture. That's what I've always told myself. And so it's just a matter of finding.
Speaker 3: A way to get yourself ready.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what is the routine is what changes for a relief picture. Specifically, since you guys are out there for the majority of the beginning of the game, I.
Speaker 13: Remember doing a lot of jazzer, sizing, jumping jacks.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 13: Anything to keep the blood flowing. Man, It's like, you gotta find ways to stay moving because if you sit, then you start to settle and it's just not great. So games like this in the cold really aren't good for players. But that's part of why we're professionals.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 13: Games aren't aways supposed to be easy. It's not just the talent and competing against the players, competing against your own mind and telling yourself it's not a big deal, and preparing yourself for whatever the I guess the environment throws your way. Sometimes it's rained, sometimes it's heat like it was in Tampa last year, and this year it's gonna be snow on the field in Colorado.
Speaker 4: So Blake trying it is our guest. Blake the Dodger bullpen has been phenomenal to start the season. Yourself included how much joy have you rediscovered in the game this year or how do you feel like you're pitching with joy again this year?
Speaker 13: I mean, when things are going well, it's easier. I think staring down, you know, I don't have a lot of time left in this game, and just trying to be present for whatever the moment is. I mean, it's my last year with the Dodgers on my contract, so I'm just trying to be present and hopefully leave a good legacy of my name here with with the Dodgers organization, with my teammates, with the fans, and by the end of the year up another trophy and and and going out with with with.
Speaker 8: A bang, you know. Like, so.
Speaker 13: The biggest thing is, you know, finishing this contract to the satisfaction of the organization of the fans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it feels like you're off to that type of start. What what do you believe you've rediscovered? What what has worked for you so far this year?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 13: I think just being aggressive end zone again, not that I wasn't trying last year. It's just for whatever reason, we've found some things to work and then you know, the body is just moving better than it has for a while. And yeah, I don't know, there's not like really a golden answer there, but you know, by the grace of God, it's been great. And that's really the root of it is, you know, working hard and and just a lot of prayer, and so far things have been going well, and I just pray it continues that way and at the gift that God has given me shines bright on the biggest stage.
Speaker 4: Blake Alex Bessi is about three lockers down from you. What's it been like to have him back with you guys after missing the World Series and just everything he's gone through and the way that he's come back with this type of positive mindset.
Speaker 13: But he's a good friend to a lot of us and myself included, and you know, a huge part of this team and why we were in the World Series. Not having him there as awful. What they went through is even worse. And I think just getting back to what feels like normalcy, you know, for him and his family, seeing him out there competing finding ways to move forward all areas of our life. There's going to be challenges and you know, just finding ways to to keep keep plugging and enjoying the joys that are in front of us. I think, you know, baseball is a big part of you know, their process and his process as a person, I mean, and it's what's brought him this far. And so just getting back and competing and having him around is great. And he's got a great support system here, His families amazing people. His wife is is such a beautiful person inside and out. So yeah, I think it's it's a it's a blessing for all of us to be back together. And you know, just the way he's throwing this year is pretty awesome. It's good to see him back in his element and and friving.
Speaker 4: What does it mean to you when you hear him talk about watching your leadership when he first got here, to help him grow into being part of this Dodger bullpen and here he is joining you as now one of the veterans in that bullpen. How much does it mean to you that you've set that example for the next generation of Dodger relievers.
Speaker 3: Well, that's news to me. I think Alex speaks kindly of me to other people.
Speaker 13: To me, it's a lot of like blank stares, and you know, befuddlement is like, you know, what are you doing today?
Speaker 3: Why aren't you doing this?
Speaker 13: Stop eating the ice cream bar blake if you don't want to look fat. You know, he's he's got a he's got a very aggressive and intense demeanor. And you know, we we have a lot of good laughs. But you know, if he's saying those things when no one's watching, that means a lot to me. So I've been a believer of him from day one. Always felt like he was going to be a ten year big leaguer. Just the way he prepares and his compete and very comfortable in his own skin. It's there's a lot of pieces there, and then obviously how he's developed himself in his craft over the years. It's it's why he's where he's at. So if I had a part in it, that's a that's a cool thing. That's really what any of us who stick around would love to well, would love to be able to say at the end of the day when they hang it up, is like, you know, I did my best to pay it forward to bless other people in some way, shape or.
Speaker 4: For him, no doubt, Blake, trying a difference with so many different teammates over the years. Thanks a lot for the time. And we're in the Kruse Shaw real estate area. Now you're you're kind of in the old Kruse Shaw lockers spot.
Speaker 8: I know, I think I owe him Rent. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 13: I gotta give him a call and see how much I owe him for taking a spot today. But you know, from one old man to another, I just I guess i'll, i'll, I'll embrace it. So this is where Kersh was, and then I'll embrace me in here. It's a lot of greatness. So maybe it'll rub off on me for this series.
Speaker 9: All right, love it. Four game series starts tonight. Thanks a lot for the time, Blake.
Speaker 3: Oh thanks Dave.
Speaker 4: I'll be thinking about you out there when you're with those pine trees.
Speaker 13: Yeah, when you're up in your cozy little luth with a fire going, sipping on your latte.
Speaker 9: I do love almond milk.
Speaker 8: That's the problem.
Speaker 13: Real milk is created for a reason. You have to press a nut in order to get milk.
Speaker 9: That's crazy, Blake, China.
Speaker 4: That's been our guest. He'll receive a gift card to Travis Matthew. They style everybody from the golf course to everyday life. We'll send it back to you in the studio too.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, David.
Speaker 2: First pitch, Dodgers and Rockies, coming up, the first of four for the Mile High City.
Speaker 3: Tyler glasnow on the mound.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball's presented by Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit Uniclo dot com slash us lead. You have to first pitch up. Next, well, dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Katz's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Casinos game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Rockies from Coors Field in Denver. First pitch of the series opener coming up at five forty.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup brought.
Speaker 3: To you by here Toyota Dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 2: Toboyuku Sogano on the mound for the Rockies, a thirty six year old right hander one to ozer with the two to sixteen ERA. He pitched twelve seasons in Japan really good before coming over to the big leagues. Last year, pitching for the Baltimore Orioles, made thirty starts, was ten to ten with the four to sixty four ERA.
Speaker 3: Signed with the.
Speaker 2: Rockies this past offseason. Three quarters delivery. Throws a fastball, slider, a cutter, a curveball, and a forkball. Making his four start this year last time out, six innings, two runs, four hits, three strikeouts and a no decision against the San Diego Padres. Believe it or not, the Dodgers saw him last year in Baltimore a Sunday game against theos.
Speaker 3: He went three innings.
Speaker 2: They lit him up for four runs on seven hits in a Dodgers win. Tyler Glass, now on the mound, want to know with a four ERA, thirty two year old right handed in his twelve season now in the big leagues, his third with the Dodgers. Making his four start this year last time out, six innings, four runs, five hits, seven strikeouts in a no decision against the Texas Rangers. He's throwing his four pitches as usual. The fastball, mid upper nineties, curveball, sinker, and the slider. His third career start against Colorado. He last faced him September eighth last year, where he struck out eleven over seven innings and picked up the win. Something to keep an eye on moving forward for Tyler Glass. Now, he won't get it tonight, but he is just twenty six strikeouts shy of one thousand in his career. Tyler Glass now tobo Uku Sugano. The pitching matchup. Dodgers and the Rockies were fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Key said the game our next, I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Come It's so Dodgers and the Colorado Rockies on this Friday nights, snow earlier. The weather is cleared up. Tyler Glass now tobo Yuki Sugano. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at five point forty. As we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporos. Start Yeah, great moments, start with Sapporo. Whatever your taste preference. Soporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers, Sapporo, good Wi Sushi, Great with baseball. One final time before first pitch, let's head back out to the booth. Tim neffert Rick, Monday, guys.
Speaker 7: Tim, thanks again. We're counting you down to the first pitch on a very chilly night here in Denver, Colorado. Snow earlier today in the Mile High City. They've got a very very mild winter in the ski areas off to the west, certainly testament to that. But they were glad to have the snow today and the grounds crew here got it all done. They've cleaned it up and we're ready for baseball tonight. Tyler glasnow throwing a lot of curveballs. That's going to be a good thing against this Rockies team. They lead Major League Baseball in strikeouts on breaking balls with eighty seven and overall one hundred and ninety seven strikeouts the most of Major League Baseball.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and curveball for Glass now is thirty two percent of the time. Overall breaking pitches forty eight percent of the time. That's time for fifth most in Major League Baseball, believe it or not. For Tyler Glasstow, this is the first ever start that he's had at kors Field. He's welcome by the Snowman, that's right.
Speaker 7: And for Sugano, he'll make his second start against the Dodgers. Last year, he started in September against the Dodgers in Baltimore for the Orioles. And Otani, his former teammate for Samurai Japan, the WBC representative, took.
Speaker 8: Him deep twice.
Speaker 7: He also hit a home run against him back in twenty fifteen when they were both playing in Japan. So it's been a comfortable a bat, it seems, for Otani against his countryman, Tomoyuki Sugano. So Sogano against Glass. Now, that's the matchup tonight on the mound as the Rockies and Dodgers play game one of a four game set.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, thank you very much, first bitch coming up, the first of four. This series will go through Monday, and it's off to San Francisco. Dodgers interplay fourteen and four on the season, first place in to off the NL West. Tyler Glass now on the mound for the Dodgers. When we come back, though Tomo Yuki Sgano goes for the Rockies facing show, hey Otani leading off for the Dodgers. Coming up after the game, David Vassi's Got You Cover with all the postgame highlights in Dodger Talk as well. Enjoyed everybody. I'm Tim Katon. This is the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network