Speaker 1: That's Mojo in the morning show.
Speaker 2: And I saw that you were at a couple of parties and this weekend or is that one party and you just put a bunch of photos up.
Speaker 3: One party, one party photos?
Speaker 1: What was the party for?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So it was my homegirl, Amber's fortieth.
Speaker 1: Birthday, birthday, birthday. It looked like a beautiful party. It was.
Speaker 3: So it was at San Morello, but she had like a private dining room for it, y'all. I show up on the invite, mind you, it says five thirty PM for dinner. I show up on time, maybe at like five twenty five. I go to the hostess and I tell them I'm here for this birthday, and they looked at me like I was crazy. I was like, wait, am I at the wrong spot? They're like, oh, your reservation isn't until six thirty. The dining room isn't even set up yet. She's like there must have been a miscommunication. So I'm like, wow, that's crazy. Luckily I live very close by, so I just went home. I get there at six thirty and I find out that it wasn't a miscommunication. Amber actually put five thirty on on the invite, knowing that it didn't start until six thirty because she knew our friends would be like, oh my gosh, I know, but I'm on time. And there was a couple others who didn't live nearby, so they went to the bar. They showed up to the party hammer before it even started because they were sitting at the bar.
Speaker 5: For a No.
Speaker 2: No, she's got a lot of friends that are like Kevin. And no, she's gotten a lot. We got a lot of friends. You show up late to everything. I had to say today, we're going to lunch and real quick after the show and hang out Kevin. I had to say that we have to, you know, leave here at eleven forty five because I know this bastard. First off, you'll probably go home and reshower or something like that.
Speaker 5: You didn't have to say that. You just chose to say that I'm not going home. I thought we were all hanging out here.
Speaker 2: No, but I said drinks before we go, right, Yeah, well then okay, good, We're gonna have drinks starting at eleven fifteen. We're in our cars at eleven forty five latest, So okay, So that's a big time. I know, buffer like like sometimes I see people put a buffer of maybe maybe thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: That's an hour buffer.
Speaker 3: This isn't the first time that it's happened to me either. This happened with my friend Wendrick. He had a birthday party this year, the same thing. It was at least an hour to an hour and a half difference. And I'm always the one who shows up on time.
Speaker 1: Or guy Wendrick and the Emptons.
Speaker 4: He goes.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a party, it was a fence. It was a fentos. All right.
Speaker 2: Does anybody else have either friends that are always late so you have to tell them at different time, or you guys have friends that give you the wrong time because they know that you're not going to.
Speaker 1: Show up until late.
Speaker 4: You want to know, it's so funny, Anna is for our family events, my mom usually has to tell people a later time because my family is always insanely early. Yeah, like my cousin Renee, if you tell her that Christmas Eve dinner starts at six, she will show up at four thirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it never fails. It never fails.
Speaker 5: The opposite people a time to show up, like let's say, in this case, for my girl Amber forty, if birthday five thirty, you expect people to actually be there at five thirty.
Speaker 2: Well, here's if it's a dinner ahead of time at a restaurant, you got to be there.
Speaker 1: That's different.
Speaker 2: Sometimes sometimes restaurants won't seat you until the entire party is there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if it's at a restaurant, I can understand the timing thing. If it at somebody's house, like to make for people to show.
Speaker 4: Up at One time, I went to a Christmas party on Friday night and the invitation said five to eight, So I showed up at five fifteen because I did not want to be the very first person there and it would be awkward, and I didn't really know anybody else.
Speaker 5: So asking for people not to show up on time, if you put a timeline, like if you say five thirty is the party. If people are late and you got a problem with it, I can understand. If you tell me it's from five thirty to nine, I can show up at any time.
Speaker 2: Well, if you if you do five thirty to nine, that's because they got people that don't want to leave and they want to make sure you're out of there at a certain time.
Speaker 1: That's after party.
Speaker 2: That's But that is interesting though, When is the best time to arrive at a party, the beginning or the end. I always like to do a chan and did not be the first one there. But I don't want to be the twenty fifth one. I want to make sure I get there, get my face seen by the host, and then irish goodbye my health that.
Speaker 1: Like like for your party.
Speaker 5: Yeah, A pregame a little bit, I chill.
Speaker 1: I know it's gonna go kind of all night long.
Speaker 5: I don't want to be the first person here because then I got to like, I don't know, I just feel like I got to speek to everybody. I gotta do the whole thing if I come there later, everybody's in a great mood.
Speaker 2: I'm about the right song and you it was right before you started on the show. So Chelsea had a party for me, and everybody thought Kevin was ghosting us at the party and everybody was bombed, like there was really a mood where everybody was like, oh my god, I can't believe you wouldn't come up. And then cause I said to everybody, go, he's going to be here. He's gonna be here, and as soon as he comes, we're going to know that that he's here.
Speaker 1: And that's when.
Speaker 2: Honestly, because I kept pushing people off because they wanted to talk and do stuff. I'm like, no, I said, we're waiting till Kevin comes here. And Kevin comes walking in, big grand entrance, him and Windrick Rick they come walking in and it was honestly, it was awesome.
Speaker 5: But it was the perfect time was there might just start talking. I was like, this is the moment I was supposed there was.
Speaker 2: The funny thing was the old people like like we're leaving or wanting to leave, Like Pat Kuda was like, I'm out of here if Kevin doesn't show up any time soon. And then all of a sudden you walked in and guess what, it made her stay. She stayed for a little bit. What's going on, Heather? How you doing?
Speaker 4: How are you this morning?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: We're talking about the etiquette of showing up to parties or putting invitation times on.
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm a huge If there's an eight or if there's a time on it, you need to be there on time.
Speaker 1: At least fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: My husband and.
Speaker 1: My my youngest and my husband, no joke.
Speaker 3: They would be late for their own darned funeral.
Speaker 1: They will never ever be there. I tell them at least forty five minutes to an hour early reappointment, so you get there your time. Your daughter gets that from her dad.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, that's yeah, that's pretty ad. It's pretty amazing though when you when you look at it, because usually you think, with being a girl, that she would resemble a little bit more her mom.
Speaker 1: But her dad is the late guy. Yeah, my son's shake after being on time. It's very important to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it. I'm I'm usually late to a lot of things. And it drives Chelsea crazy because she says that I will walk in and I'll do the whole you know, pull the whole mojo thing.
Speaker 1: Like hey, how what's going on? I'm here?
Speaker 2: And people don't like that, so she gets all upset. She's like, as you know, my significant other, she's apologizing all the time in saying it was my fault.
Speaker 1: What's going on, Keith? Oh no, think good morning? What's happening buddy? Hey care? Why do you mean making up your own rules to people's invitation? What you mean? What did I say? You can just show up whenever you want to and then you press mojo about being on time or late.
Speaker 5: And come on, if you give me a time range, then that tells me that as long as I appeared during that range, then I'm good. The party is from five to fifteen to nine, not just five fifteen.
Speaker 2: Ask Kevin about his games that he does for the Pistons.
Speaker 1: What time? What time you show up for that? The meeting is at five thirty?
Speaker 2: He shows show up at the meeting, he shows up two and a half hours before game time.
Speaker 1: At the time, it's five thirty. That's what we need to do. We need to have a meeting before the parties. For you. What's up, Jersey? Hi? Hi, what's going on?
Speaker 3: I was just going to say about my dad.
Speaker 2: Even so young age, I used to have to tell him that my sports practices were thirty minutes earlier than they were. Oh my god, So your dad would show up late to his daughter's sporting events.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's the worst. I mean, were you a starter? If you're a scrub on the bench.
Speaker 2: It's funny though, as a as a kid, you know, you always look up in the stands or look out to where the seats are, where the parents are, to see where they're sitting. And if you don't see your dad, there's like, oh, it's devastating.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, Kevin.
Speaker 2: By the way, I showed up earlier to Kevin's sons, you know, singing.
Speaker 1: Did I'm like looking around, going you did too, I'm like going, where is his dad? When I was there when it started. Hi, I'm uncle Job. I'm here to represent cho side.